Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts for Tane 2

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Posts for Tane 2 - Page 4 Empty Re: Posts for Tane 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:52 pm

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

He nodded, "There were other options. They were worse. So much worse... and they hoped to avoid the worst of the consequences for their Cabal, which, unfortunately, did not go entirely according to plan...

"Well if they believed their Avatar needed to be destroyed then there was always vampirism, however if they actually thought that their Cabalmates would not be killed but rather be captured, then having them captured and have the Traditions rally for a valiant rescue would have had a grater impact."
Bruce said and frowned.
"Is that how one refer to a rebis by the way as they? So Nico would be a they?"

He nodded, "Fairly soon, too... Though I need to try to get that ritual to summon a Psychopomp translated fully first; that's probably going to help greatly... Er, it's a bit of a complicated story."

"What on earth is a psycopomp?"
The Orphan said and he scratched his head.
"In either case it might be nice for Bee to get another sister."

He nodded, "We'll essentially just have to wait until the Union pours too much vinegar in the Engineers' coffee..."

"Agreed that is bound to happen sooner or later."
Bruce said and nodded.

He grinned, "She's a lady indeed; she reminds me a lot of the Lady Violet Crawley in attitude, only younger and more physically agile, if that makes sense for an ephemeral being..."

"I got a stern old artificer complete with a tower and a workshop so I guess a nice lady is not so bad."
Bruce commented sounding a bit amused.
"I am still not sure they are not just part of our brains though."

He nodded, "I'm sure I can bring you along some time when I go to examine the 'cursed ship' a little closer; the material is indeed intriguing, and I am curious about the formula, myself. Just be aware that the Mary's Serafina is... deeply tainted, and quite unpleasant to examine magically. Extremely so, in fact."

"The ship might be interesting to study, disturbing but interesting. I have to admit to being more interested in Miss Kelly's harness, if it is a version of Pimium as you say that have the strength but not the magick dampening qualities that is quite the alloy."
Bruce said and grinned.

He nodded, "Perhaps you should consider testing if you feel any tangible difference in how easy your work is between your grandfather's workshop and the, hum, public forge, then."

"There definitively are a difference between my sanctum and the forge at the junkyard."
Bruce said.
"What where you thinking about Colin?"

He pondered for a moment, "Iron Man would be a Virtual Adept, I think, possibly an Etherite, Bruce Banner would be a Cultist, Black Widow, Captain America and Hawkeye would probably fit the Akashics best, Thor would... probably be a Hermetic, I think; possibly Flambeau?"

"Yeah Flambeau is possible for Thor or perhaps even more likely Verbena Storm Wives, they are Verbena war witches that use weather magick, storms and lightening, masters of Forces, sort of the Verbena's answer to House Flambeau."
Bruce suggested.

He smiled thoughtfully, "I'm sure Dr. Lee would appreciate a Rod of Asclepius, mine could be a wand of metal... Adley, how does a ruler sound for you?"

"Adley could always have a stylus."
The large man joked and pointed at the one in the Hermetic's hand.

He shook his head, "Human bloody nature - the ones running things would find loopholes, be deceitful and deliberately misinform their doped-up athletes if they thought they could increase profits that way. With no care for the athletes' long-term well-being."

Bruce gave a sour look and nodded at that.

He grinned, "I'm sure she would at least consider letting us go if we helped protect her grandchild that day... but probably best not to gamble on that, common enemy or not."

"Saving her grandchild might have won us her favor but even so, enemy faction's Masters of the Art tend to be good to stay away from, she must have been some lady though the Etherites still speak about her, and many of her descendants over the years have developed magick and come to the Traditions, secretly off course."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:28 pm

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"Give me some adderall and gatorade and I can put up as many as you want." Serge said with a chuckle. "Seriously though I can put up a fair bit. Especially in places where people are most likely to pass by. I can think of a few fun little things to do to those Technocrats. Those technocrats are likely to be on edge, expecting anything and everything. Which makes my job a lot easier."

"But I'd like to test the drawings before any actual threats come into contact with them. Remember I've only made them recently. I wanna make sure I understand them properly."

"I agree the drawings have to be tested but if they work they could make our job easier if put up in strategic places and if not to many of the Technocrats have remembered to protect their minds."
Bruce said and nodded.

"That was before I learned how to do those types of alarms. I'm better at controlling my binges now." Serge said ignoring the look.

"I take it then that a watch alarm would not have worked Mr Yager?"
Bruce asked.

"Yeah I guess. I wanna work on that problem." Serge said simply.

"The problem of still having to adhere to basic biology or the problem of not being a Marauder?"
Bruce asked dryly.

"I'm just wondering how to arrange on the heraldry. I wanted to do a star formation but a nine pointed star but I'm not sure how good that would look. Perhaps all of their effects are casted inwards, coming together within the center?"

"Them pointing inwards could work."
Was all the large Orphan had to say about that.

"Guess not. It would ruin the whimsical magick if we examined it like scientists." Serge said with a grin.

"Just make sure you wash your hands after handling them kid."

Bruce joked.

"Black Widow would be Euthanatos...I think? She's an assassin and that's the Euthanatos's thing right?

"I would not let any Euthanatoi hear you speak like that kid, they are not assassins, and assassin is someone who kill for hire or kill for an organization the Euthanathos don't do that, they are guardians of the Cycle and when they kill it is just to protect it, for example if some kid would grow up to be a great man but his stepfather abuse him then the Euthanathos might decide this stepfather have to die, but they never kill for hire or for power."
Bruce said and shook his head.

I guess Captain America would be in the Akashics even though that feels wrong. Orphan who volunteered for a progenitor experiment feels more accurate though.

"Captain America would be a Progenitor, what he is are exactly what they do."
The large man said and nodded.

Hawkeye also has Euthanatos qualities but Akashic seems good too. Cultist maybe since I remember him learning his archery skills from the circus.

"The Euthanathos are not assassins as I said but Akashic might fit, he could be a custos though."

Thor I just wanna say is a powerful high-ranking Umbrood from the Umbral Plane of Asgard who materializes on Earth from time to time. But if he must be a mage Hermetic is the most fitting."

"No the Asgardians in Marvel are definitively not spirits, they come from a realm, but from another realm that he would be."

Serge sighed sadly and said defeatedly, "Yeah your right. In a perfect world maybe but I guess it would never work in the real world. People would abuse it quite fast."

"Indeed in a perfect world it world work but such a thing would be abused for profit in the world we live in."
Bruce agreed and nodded.

"But you guys do have to remember that I've seen the horrors of war very clearly. I've seen and felt with quite vivid detail my mentor on the verge of dying. I've seen the memories of war prisoners and all the gory things they had to endure. Felt what they felt in their darkest moments. I know understand realities you guys speak about, even if at times it doesn't seem like I do."

"If you do understand Mr Yager then why do you make comments like the one you just did about a spell to make real fights like movie fights and moving down your enemies like nameless mooks, such comments do not really indicate that you really understand, yes you understand that those you love can get hurt but do you for example understand that those you suggjest are nameless mooks are also someone's loved ones?"
Bruce said and he gave Serge a serious look.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:15 am

[Adley, Colin, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"God I hate mind shields so fucking much...they ruin all the fun." Serge muttered under his breath.

"Ruining the fun of those who would mess with your mind is the reason why mind shields exist."
Bruce said and grinned.

Serge just laughed at the suggestion. After a good chuckle he said, "Oh not at all. I'd barely be able to hear that. Anything less than a punch to the face probably wouldn't break me out of that trance."

"I see, well that must be impractical Mr Yager."
Bruce said dryly.

"First one." Serge said wondering how he had managed to get three people this week to worry that he was becoming a maurader.

"Ah well that is a relief, you better do an study with the Verbena then, they are the masters of ignoring regular biology."
The artificer said and grinned.

"Your all the worst." Serge said sarcastically.

"Indeed I am."
Bruce said sounding amused.

"Most of my magicks are imperceptible to anyone without enhanced senses and even then it's hard to realize I'm doing anything at all. My art also typically contains both modern and traditional symbols so it's hard for other mages to realize that it's a focus for magick. So I never really need to worry about being discrete." Serge said with an odd frown as if he wasn't fond of his invisible magick.

"If I where a Technocrat kid and I was cruising for mages, I would look closer at the person wearing clothing with allot of occult scribbles all over his clothes."
Bruce said as he regarded Serge.
"There is value in being discreet."

"If we exclude the Men in Black then she would either be Akashic or Euthanatos." Serge said with a shrug.

"Did not I just tell you that the Euthanathos are not assassins it is an important distinction. Now when that is said Akashic yes she might be an Akashic that could fit."

"I don't know about being a progenitor. Experimented on by them, definitely. But he seems like he'd break free of their control to pursue his own principals and goals."

"Up until Civil War he follow the order of the American government, he never breaks free of the ones experimenting on him so he would definitively be a Progenitor."
Bruce protested.

"With his accuracy? Nah. He managed to hit the engine of a massive helicarrier in a storm....without looking. Probably trained by the Technocracy but broke free to work on his own." Serge said as he thought more about who Hawkeye would belong too.

"Former Technocrat now and Orphan, yeah I can buy that."
The artificer said and nodded.

"Hermetic it is then!" Serge said with a smile.

Bruce nodded at that.

"Because I talk too much." Serge said simply. "I speak what I think without thinking and that often causes weird and sometimes bizarre things to come out of my mouth. I was just sorta joking around when I said all those things. Imagining how neat it would be if we could shape reality like that. I wasn't being serious. I try to look at the humorous things in life so it all seems less dark. Cause if I only focused on the grim harsh version of the world that I'd believe in since I was little, I'd never have been a mage."

"Very well kid, the problem is when you give no indication between joking and what you actually mean, for I thought you actually thought the spell you mentioned to be a good idea and that would be a dangerous idea of what combat is."
Bruce said.
"So do continue to joke that is fine kid but wink or something so other understand when you are joking and when you are serious."

"I wanted to ask Dr. Lee to show me some martial arts. But I don't think he has the time to show me something like that. Especially since I don't think I have the physique to properly learn it."

"Everything else being equal the strongest person have a real advantage Mr Yager but that do not mean a smaller person can not also learn to fight efficiently, have you seen Beatrice fight with her daggers? No I suppose not, but you would not want to get on her bad side or she will poke you full of holes and she is tiny."
Bruce said and smiled.

"I'm not saying what he did was right. I think that's the hardest part to understand."

Bruce sigh and nodded at that and said nothing more about it.

"Oh, definitely she is going to choose for herself."

The Artificer nodded again.

Serge blinked. "Damn. Mr. Roth Hicks is right. It doesn't feel right either. But I can't really think of any other place for him. Unless he'd be an orphan too. Or better yet a part of a group only found on the Umbral realm of Asgard. But that doesn't fit the spirit of the game..."

"We have the Hagalaz group from your own Tradition Mr Yager he might fit there."
Bruce said and grinned.
"They are Norse."

Regal and grand and the Tarot card does symbolize great hope amidst many problems. Although I'm not sure if we can just rip off a Tarot Card as a Cabal Name. Can we?"

"Sure we can."
Bruce commented.

"Cabal of the Nine Wands?" he pondered.

"I like it."
Bruce said and smiled.

True, but even though we have an agenda and we need to meet it, and as you see we couldn't take the time to actually do something together to just chill and know ourselves better. It's like we need both things, organization and bonding, but as we don't have the spaces we just settle with an In-between that's just paliative.

"We have been discussing ordering pizza and having dinner together and a paintball game once Aley feel better."
Bruce said.

Abstractly, we could do something like rearranging it into shape with something, much like how you'd form ferric structures with a magnet. There has to be a quick and drastic way to change it back as there is to destroy. Although i know destroying is easier than building

"They are Avatars not Lego buildings I am not sure you can just rearrange them Mr Yager."
Bruce said sounding rather doubtful.
"And a quick and drastic way to change an Avatar do not sound very safe."

Well, think about this: Concensus is what we all make of it. Then, Mages are major powerplayers in the consensus, being able to single handedly change it at different scales. Now, if a whole lot of mages all over the world belive they're not mages, then they, in a way, through eras, stop being mages. They become really Savants, Geniuses and whatever you wanna call it, but nothing like a mage although we see how they do what they do.
To start changing that, to start making it the opposite, we need to be better, to inspire more of them and more of the masses the notion that magick is real and they can be magick and get ascention.

"The Traditions are already doing this to keep the mystical arts alive."
Bruce said simply.

And to do that, we must do an inside work. So we need to change all in this structure. From our own structure, now old and monolitic, directed by people with thousands of years, down on to the common life. We move around as shadows, as we are being intentionally turned into memories. That's just waiting to truly become no more than shadows.

Maybe, to be less poetic and more practical, i belive we are stubbornly using old techniques for new problems, and we need to keep up, but we can't due to a long list of reasons, not being less the fact that old powers still make and uphold the same ways that led to their defeat too.

"Old magickal systems seam to still work pretty well for the ones using them, I use a more modern system myself but I can not deny the power the Verbena and the Hermetics among others have."
Bruce said and he shook his head.
"And I do not think that it would be a good idea to come out from among the shadows, the Law of Shade is there for a reason, the sleepers would not be kind if the found out that we exist."

We'll see if they are up to the task, but... it would be a mission i don't know much about. I mean... we'd have to go to a plane i don't exactly know how to reach that's pure change, and then study what we can of it to learn a way to get an avatar into it and use the change produced on it by the spirit realm to get the avatar back to shape.

"This to me sound like you need allot more info and allot more study of this in theory before risking yourself and an Umbral pilot to actually go there."
Bruce said and he raised an eyebrow.

in any case, i'd have to look how it is but i belive we can numb the corruption, at least try to isolate it's influence on the ship's behaviour so we can travel.
I hope it is not as hard to cleanse as a soul so maybe we can actually clean it for good.

"If it is the ship Colin have been discussing you are talking about Mr Karyak then I doubt that her owner would like you to take it to some strange mystery realm that can get you and your crew killed and the ship destroyed Mr Karyak, the expedition you talk about seam rather ill planned."
The Artificer commented dryly.

Then we better start making preparations.

"Agreed."
Bruce said simply.

I have a few tricks up my sleeve, so reaching is not the problem. Maybe we can ask for a special... investigation license? Or maybe a permit to prepare for the now nephandus girl's trial... i would try to reach out on my own but as you asked me to think it twice, i belive we should think how to get there without getting ourselves on trial... as soon as we have a solution we can start a revolution on, "avatar recovery" ? That's a thing?

"It is ot getting to this woman you are discussing which are the problem Mr Karyak, if you can get a ship that is or otherwise travel the Umbra to find her, it is that she while not corrupted, the way I understand it she have been with the Nephandi and the law says conspire not with the enemies os Ascencion, that is where the problem lies, but off course you could try to discuss the matter with an Enforcer and see if they can work something out."
Bruce said.

(OOC: Sorry about that I just copy pasted the tag and forgot to take Nicole's name out of it. I will get on it to do more scenes for Nicole and reply to your PM but right now I have been struggeling to keep up with the IC so it have to go first.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:47 am

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Anja wrote:"Well if they believed their Avatar needed to be destroyed then there was always vampirism, however if they actually thought that their Cabalmates would not be killed but rather be captured, then having them captured and have the Traditions rally for a valiant rescue would have had a grater impact."
Bruce said and frowned.
"Is that how one refer to a rebis by the way as they? So Nico would be a they?"
S7trif3 wrote:"Sometimes all the options are bad ones, even if you want to make a good choice and try your best to make a good decision."
Anja wrote:Bruce sigh and nodded.
"I guess you are right Adley, I guess you are right but it still seam wrong."
S7trif3 wrote:"I'm not saying what he did was right. I think that's the hardest part to understand."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "As Adley points out, what is right and what is necessary don't always correspond... Heylel Teomim was, despite being lauded as so great, was a deeply flawed being. And yes, I do believe the singular they is appropriate for a Rebis - unless they prefer otherwise. Really, you should ask Nico what they prefer for themselves."

Jeremy wrote:"Blue is the magick of countering stuff. So I'm sure Anna would love it." Serge said with a grin. "There are a lot of videos online on the game. How to play and the philosophies each color represents, both gameplay wise and personality wise. I'm sure you could learn it quickly."
He smiled wryly, "Problem is my insufferable ability to know what everyone draws, just before it happens. Gives me an unfair advantage that I never asked for..."

S7trif3 wrote:"I suppose we have time to plan now at least."
He nodded, "A little bit of time, yes."

Tane wrote:Abstractly, we could do something like rearranging it into shape with something, much like how you'd form ferric structures with a magnet. There has to be a quick and drastic way to change it back as there is to destroy. Although i know destroying is easier than building
Anja wrote:"They are Avatars not Lego buildings I am not sure you can just rearrange them Mr Yager."
Bruce said sounding rather doubtful.
"And a quick and drastic way to change an Avatar do not sound very safe."
He frowned, "Taking apart an Avatar is the... easy part. The problem is wringing the bits back into their right shape and putting them back together. That's still well beyond the abilities of any Mage, I'm afraid..."

Anja wrote:"What on earth is a psycopomp?"
The Orphan said and he scratched his head.
"In either case it might be nice for Bee to get another sister."
S7trif3 wrote:"I should very much like to see that ritual."
He grinned, "They're not on Earth, actually - they're semimythological beings that have helped Avatars merge perfectly with Mages, back when Mages had Founts that had no voice."

Tane wrote:Well, think about this: Concensus is what we all make of it. Then, Mages are major powerplayers in the consensus, being able to single handedly change it at different scales. Now, if a whole lot of mages all over the world belive they're not mages, then they, in a way, through eras, stop being mages. They become really Savants, Geniuses and whatever you wanna call it, but nothing like a mage although we see how they do what they do.
To start changing that, to start making it the opposite, we need to be better, to inspire more of them and more of the masses the notion that magick is real and they can be magick and get ascention.
And to do that, we must do an inside work. So we need to change all in this structure. From our own structure, now old and monolitic, directed by people with thousands of years, down on to the common life. We move around as shadows, as we are being intentionally turned into memories. That's just waiting to truly become no more than shadows.

Maybe, to be less poetic and more practical, i belive we are stubbornly using old techniques for new problems, and we need to keep up, but we can't due to a long list of reasons, not being less the fact that old powers still make and uphold the same ways that led to their defeat too.
Anja wrote:"The Traditions are already doing this to keep the mystical arts alive."
Bruce said simply.
He frowned, "Mages that don't Awaken as Traditionalists tend to become Technocrats; the Union refuses to believe in Magic, yet they essentially do the same as we, and they unfortunately have something of a stranglehold on the Consensus... for now. But, with the surge in fantasy and modern occultism, we're cracking the enamel, all the same..."

Anja wrote:"Old magickal systems seam to still work pretty well for the ones using them, I use a more modern system myself but I can not deny the power the Verbena and the Hermetics among others have."
"And I do not think that it would be a good idea to come out from among the shadows, the Law of Shade is there for a reason, the sleepers would not be kind if the found out that we exist."
He nodded, "Indeed, however subtle the wizard, a nine millimeter bullet to the head will cramp his style."

Tane wrote:We'll see if they are up to the task, but... it would be a mission i don't know much about. I mean... we'd have to go to a plane i don't exactly know how to reach that's pure change, and then study what we can of it to learn a way to get an avatar into it and use the change produced on it by the spirit realm to get the avatar back to shape.

in any case, i'd have to look how it is but i belive we can numb the corruption, at least try to isolate it's influence on the ship's behaviour so we can travel.
I hope it is not as hard to cleanse as a soul so maybe we can actually clean it for good.
Anja wrote:"This to me sound like you need allot more info and allot more study of this in theory before risking yourself and an Umbral pilot to actually go there."
Anja wrote:"If it is the ship Colin have been discussing you are talking about Mr Karyak then I doubt that her owner would like you to take it to some strange mystery realm that can get you and your crew killed and the ship destroyed Mr Karyak, the expedition you talk about seam rather ill planned."
He frowned, "You want to go to a place of pure change... that's not going to take protecting the ship from corruption, as such, that's... no, I'm not going to agree with or participate in such a voyage; not without some serious power at my side to dampen the forces of change. Far too risky."

Tane wrote:Then we better start making preparations.
He smiled, "One step ahead of you. I'll be meeting with The Admiral soon enough, and airing some defensive plans with her."

Tane wrote:I have a few tricks up my sleeve, so reaching is not the problem. Maybe we can ask for a special... investigation license? Or maybe a permit to prepare for the now nephandus girl's trial... i would try to reach out on my own but as you asked me to think it twice, i belive we should think how to get there without getting ourselves on trial... as soon as we have a solution we can start a revolution on, "avatar recovery" ? That's a thing?
Anja wrote:"It is ot getting to this woman you are discussing which are the problem Mr Karyak, if you can get a ship that is or otherwise travel the Umbra to find her, it is that she while not corrupted, the way I understand it she have been with the Nephandi and the law says conspire not with the enemies os Ascencion, that is where the problem lies, but off course you could try to discuss the matter with an Enforcer and see if they can work something out."
Bruce said.
He frowned, "Avatar Restoration, really. But reaching Lady Dalisse will take time we don't have to spare before the trial, I'm afraid - and the legality issue is also a problem. So we have to research closer to home for now."

Jeremy wrote:"Give me some adderall and gatorade and I can put up as many as you want." Serge said with a chuckle. "Seriously though I can put up a fair bit. Especially in places where people are most likely to pass by. I can think of a few fun little things to do to those Technocrats. Those technocrats are likely to be on edge, expecting anything and everything. Which makes my job a lot easier."

"But I'd like to test the drawings before any actual threats come into contact with them. Remember I've only made them recently. I wanna make sure I understand them properly."
Anja wrote:"I agree the drawings have to be tested but if they work they could make our job easier if put up in strategic places and if not to many of the Technocrats have remembered to protect their minds."
Bruce said and nodded.
Jeremy wrote:"God I hate mind shields so fucking much...they ruin all the fun." Serge muttered under his breath.
S7trif3 wrote:"I like them when I am the one that has one, they prevent me from being disabled in battles against nasty spirits or mind mages..."
Jeremy wrote:"They prevent me from disabling enemies that otherwise would've been really easy to avoid or trick." Serge said grumpily.
S7trif3 wrote:"What about using countermagick to break down their mental defenses first?"
Anja wrote:
"Ruining the fun of those who would mess with your mind is the reason why mind shields exist."
Bruce said and grinned.
He smiled wryly, "You have the remainder of the year to experiment. And mind shields are not the be-all-end-all in mental combat, either... I feel sorry for Siege, really."

S7trif3 wrote:He made a face as he recalled it and nodded. "So you did, and I did tell him, that's right...I didn't know the rest of it though. Hrm..."
He nodded, "Well, the lady has lived a long life..."

Jeremy wrote:"Yeah I guess. I wanna work on that problem." Serge said simply.
Anja wrote:"The problem of still having to adhere to basic biology or the problem of not being a Marauder?"
Bruce asked dryly.
Jeremy wrote:"First one." Serge said wondering how he had managed to get three people this week to worry that he was becoming a maurader.
Anja wrote:"Ah well that is a relief, you better do an study with the Verbena then, they are the masters of ignoring regular biology."
The artificer said and grinned.
He grinned, "Just be careful with how you solve that problem. Some of the solutions have pretty steep costs."

Anja wrote:"I got a stern old artificer complete with a tower and a workshop so I guess a nice lady is not so bad."
Bruce commented sounding a bit amused.
"I am still not sure they are not just part of our brains though."
He nodded, "The pineal gland does seem to be the physical connection - but the Avatar is not just a part of our brains."

Anja wrote:"The ship might be interesting to study, disturbing but interesting. I have to admit to being more interested in Miss Kelly's harness, if it is a version of Pimium as you say that have the strength but not the magick dampening qualities that is quite the alloy."
Bruce said and grinned.
He nodded, "Almost as strong as Primium, yes. I'll make sure to bring you along next trip I make."

Anja wrote:"There definitively are a difference between my sanctum and the forge at the junkyard."
Bruce said.
"What where you thinking about Colin?"
He smiled thinly, "Testing if you see any appreciable difference in power between items you enchant in the Sanctum and at the forge. Might give you some ideas for working around impediments, at least."

Jeremy wrote:"I'm just wondering how to arrange on the heraldry. I wanted to do a star formation but a nine pointed star but I'm not sure how good that would look. Perhaps all of their effects are casted inwards, coming together within the center?"
Anja wrote:"Them pointing inwards could work."
Was all the large Orphan had to say about that.
S7trif3 wrote:"A circle is a good symbol."
Jeremy wrote:"Circles are often used to represent unity. Wholeness. Protection. That's an interesting idea." Serge said thoughtfully.
He arched an eyebrow, "A Round Table, perhaps? Like the one at Camelot of old?"

Anja wrote:"Yeah Flambeau is possible for Thor or perhaps even more likely Verbena Storm Wives, they are Verbena war witches that use weather magick, storms and lightening, masters of Forces, sort of the Verbena's answer to House Flambeau."
Bruce suggested.
Anja wrote:"Ehhhh.." Serge began incredulously. "Most of those I agree with. Assuming they were a part of the traditions and not the Union that is. Iron man would be more Etherite than VA. Bruce Banner would have to be an Etherite as well though. Genius scientist who got caught in a terrible paradox backlash. It's a perfect fit." he began as he began to draw on his notepad once again producing minimalist version of each of the hero's he was describing.

"Black Widow would be Euthanatos...I think? She's an assassin and that's the Euthanatos's thing right? Captain America and Hawkeye are probably the hardest though. I guess Captain America would be in the Akashics even though that feels wrong. Orphan who volunteered for a progenitor experiment feels more accurate though. Hawkeye also has Euthanatos qualities but Akashic seems good too. Cultist maybe since I remember him learning his archery skills from the circus. Thor I just wanna say is a powerful high-ranking Umbrood from the Umbral Plane of Asgard who materializes on Earth from time to time. But if he must be a mage Hermetic is the most fitting."
Anja wrote:"I would not let any Euthanatoi hear you speak like that kid, they are not assassins, and assassin is someone who kill for hire or kill for an organization the Euthanathos don't do that, they are guardians of the Cycle and when they kill it is just to protect it, for example if some kid would grow up to be a great man but his stepfather abuse him then the Euthanathos might decide this stepfather have to die, but they never kill for hire or for power."
Jeremy wrote:"If we exclude the Men in Black then she would either be Akashic or Euthanatos." Serge said with a shrug.
Anja wrote:"Did not I just tell you that the Euthanathos are not assassins it is an important distinction. Now when that is said Akashic yes she might be an Akashic that could fit."
Anja wrote:"Captain America would be a Progenitor, what he is are exactly what they do."
The large man said and nodded.
Jeremy wrote:"I don't know about being a progenitor. Experimented on by them, definitely. But he seems like he'd break free of their control to pursue his own principals and goals."
Anja wrote:"Up until Civil War he follow the order of the American government, he never breaks free of the ones experimenting on him so he would definitively be a Progenitor."
Bruce protested.
Anja wrote:"The Euthanathos are not assassins as I said but Akashic might fit, he could be a custos though."
Jeremy wrote:"With his accuracy? Nah. He managed to hit the engine of a massive helicarrier in a storm....without looking. Probably trained by the Technocracy but broke free to work on his own." Serge said as he thought more about who Hawkeye would belong too.
Anja wrote:"Former Technocrat now and Orphan, yeah I can buy that."
The artificer said and nodded.
Anja wrote:"No the Asgardians in Marvel are definitively not spirits, they come from a realm, but from another realm that he would be."
Jeremy wrote:"Hermetic it is then!" Serge said with a smile.
S7trif3 wrote:Adley blinked. "If I heard that correctly, you just put a Norse god in the Order of Hermes. Not that I understood anything else of that conversation."
Jeremy wrote:Serge blinked. "Damn. Mr. Roth Hicks is right. It doesn't feel right either. But I can't really think of any other place for him. Unless he'd be an orphan too. Or better yet a part of a group only found on the Umbral realm of Asgard. But that doesn't fit the spirit of the game..."
Anja wrote:"We have the Hagalaz group from your own Tradition Mr Yager he might fit there."
Bruce said and grinned.
"They are Norse."
He pondered, "Cap's no Progenitor - he doesn't actually do any of the science; he's a lab rat, not a scientist... Banner fits probably best as a Cultist; he becomes the Hulk through anger - a perfect example of altered mental states if I ever saw one. And Thor... A Verbena Storm Wife might be the best fit, yes. In fact, I could easily see Master Nassa cheerfully swing Mjolnir around and throw thunder and lightning from it."
He grinned to Adley, "Asgardians in Marvel are not gods, as such, though they've been worshipped as gods by more primitive peoples. They're technically aliens."

Anja wrote:"Adley could always have a stylus."
The large man joked and pointed at the one in the Hermetic's hand.
S7trif3 wrote:"A ruler? No...the double snake around a wand with wings is a sign of Hermes, the Caduceus but the single one is the rod of Aesculapius which would fit for a healer...and a stylus and pen are too close together, also. A fire wand still could work, simply enough. The hourglass of two triangles, water and fire are also my house sigil. I never thought of a personal insignia," he said, making a face. "I am curious why you thought of a ruler?" he asked Colin, curious. "I do wonder if Bee would like hers to be a tree branch..." He cleared up the tablet as his attention was drawn back to it. "Staves can have all sorts of filials, which is good to make them unique for each of us."
Anja wrote:"I think she might Adley but we should probably ask her, since we are making the staves unique and symbolic of each of us."
Bruce said and nodded.
"A branch would suit her though."
S7trif3 wrote:"Oh, definitely she is going to choose for herself."
He smiled, "I thought of a ruler, because every teacher I ever had used one. Well, a ruler and a piece of chalk... And I would not suggest that we decide for Bee - she'd get all indignant."

S7trif3 wrote:He shook his head. "Probably not, it's not the happiest place and it's under Technocracy watch I'm sure..."
He frowned, "There's a Technocrat doctor there, but I'm given to understand it's considered sort of a safe harbour for both sides - we don't want to stir the pot, and the Technocrats don't want to remove a couple of skilled doctors from the hospital, either..."

Jeremy wrote:"I'll definitely take up that offer one day. I want to experience everything there is to experience." Serge said quietly. "But you guys do have to remember that I've seen the horrors of war very clearly. I've seen and felt with quite vivid detail my mentor on the verge of dying. I've seen the memories of war prisoners and all the gory things they had to endure. Felt what they felt in their darkest moments. I understand the realities you guys speak about, even if at times it doesn't seem like I do."
Anja wrote:"If you do understand Mr Yager then why do you make comments like the one you just did about a spell to make real fights like movie fights and moving down your enemies like nameless mooks, such comments do not really indicate that you really understand, yes you understand that those you love can get hurt but do you for example understand that those you suggjest are nameless mooks are also someone's loved ones?"
Bruce said and he gave Serge a serious look.
Jeremy wrote:"Because I talk too much." Serge said simply. "I speak what I think without thinking and that often causes weird and sometimes bizarre things to come out of my mouth. I was just sorta joking around when I said all those things. Imagining how neat it would be if we could shape reality like that. I wasn't being serious. I try to look at the humorous things in life so it all seems less dark. Cause if I only focused on the grim harsh version of the world that I'd believe in since I was little, I'd never have been a mage."
S7trif3 wrote:Adley looked quite confused at Serge. "I think we have quite different senses of humor, then...."
Anja wrote:"Very well kid, the problem is when you give no indication between joking and what you actually mean, for I thought you actually thought the spell you mentioned to be a good idea and that would be a dangerous idea of what combat is."
Bruce said.
"So do continue to joke that is fine kid but wink or something so other understand when you are joking and when you are serious."
His expression softened slightly, "You're using humour to distract yourself, aren't you? I can see where that comes from..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Hrm, Mr Yager would you like to learn how to actually use weapons? If nothing else, it would help your art along to know the proper forms. There are several types of groups, knives and hand to hand. I can even break out some classic shortsword forms for you. Aside from that, I think you has a point here, we've all been traumatized enough for several lifetimes. Let's stick to our meeting agenda for now."
Jeremy wrote:"Yes! Please! I've always wanted to wield a weapon in real life since I was a kid. I could use the experience in my art." Serge said, his mood improving somewhat at the suggestion. "I wanted to ask Dr. Lee to show me some martial arts. But I don't think he has the time to show me something like that. Especially since I don't think I have the physique to properly learn it."
S7trif3 wrote:"I normally train at least once a week on something but it will be a bit until I'm ready to get back to it. As for physique, the answer is similar, you have to train. Have you ever tried to hold a sword for very long? They get heavy pretty quickly...at any rate, I digress. We seem to have settled on an idea for the imago, but haven't decided the cabal name quite yet unless I missed it."
Jeremy wrote:"Well...I've held a sword before. But it might not be in the way you might think. It's kinda hard to explain. In fact just ignore that whole statement. No I haven't held a sword before." Serge said rather vaguely. "I know they can get heavy but I don't know exactly how heavy they are."
Anja wrote:"Everything else being equal the strongest person have a real advantage Mr Yager but that do not mean a smaller person can not also learn to fight efficiently, have you seen Beatrice fight with her daggers? No I suppose not, but you would not want to get on her bad side or she will poke you full of holes and she is tiny."
Bruce said and smiled.
He grinned, "You're all welcome to come running with me every morning; a few laps around the block would do you a world of good."

Jeremy wrote:"Your right. I guess we got a bit sidetracked." Serge said with a frown. "Mr. Wainwright did say 'The Nine of Wands'. It doesn't follow the British pub theme we had earlier though but it still impressive in it's own right. Regal and grand and the Tarot card does symbolize great hope amidst many problems. Although I'm not sure if we can just rip off a Tarot Card as a Cabal Name. Can we?"
S7trif3 wrote:"Cabal of the Nine Wands?" he pondered.
He shrugged, "I don't see why we could not take a Tarot card as Cabal name - but, for now, we'll only add it to the suggestion list. The others need to be allowed input, too."

Anja wrote:"Saving her grandchild might have won us her favor but even so, enemy faction's Masters of the Art tend to be good to stay away from, she must have been some lady though the Etherites still speak about her, and many of her descendants over the years have developed magick and come to the Traditions, secretly off course."
He nodded, "Masters of the Art tend to be a good idea to be careful around, whatever faction they belong to. And magic aside, she held the British Empire together for over 60 years; she was one hell of a Lady, as befitted her rank."

((OOC: Good grief, that's a lot of post - with updates ticking in as I type. I have to get dressed and go to town, dammit! Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:38 am

[Adley, Colin, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

He nodded thoughtfully, "As Adley points out, what is right and what is necessary don't always correspond... Heylel Teomim was, despite being lauded as so great, was a deeply flawed being. And yes, I do believe the singular they is appropriate for a Rebis - unless they prefer otherwise. Really, you should ask Nico what they prefer for themselves."

"You are probably right and it is hard to judge in a situation I was not a part of."
Bruce said then he grinned.
"And I will ask Nico, when I take them out to dinner today, Dr Lee have given the ok if we do not go far and they are not strained to much."

He grinned, "They're not on Earth, actually - they're semimythological beings that have helped Avatars merge perfectly with Mages, back when Mages had Founts that had no voice."

"That is pretty cool actually and you can summon one of these what was it you called them?"
Bruce asked sounding impressed.

He frowned, "Mages that don't Awaken as Traditionalists tend to become Technocrats; the Union refuses to believe in Magic, yet they essentially do the same as we, and they unfortunately have something of a stranglehold on the Consensus... for now. But, with the surge in fantasy and modern occultism, we're cracking the enamel, all the same..."

"Defeat the Union one fantasy book at the time."
Bruce joked.

He nodded, "Indeed, however subtle the wizard, a nine millimeter bullet to the head will cramp his style."

"True that and it is something best avoided."

He frowned, "Avatar Restoration, really. But reaching Lady Dalisse will take time we don't have to spare before the trial, I'm afraid - and the legality issue is also a problem. So we have to research closer to home for now."

"This is about keeping Adeptus Riez's old sweetheart out of the Main Sentencing Hall right?"
Bruce asked.
"For then yes time is definitively of the essence."

He smiled wryly, "You have the remainder of the year to experiment. And mind shields are not the be-all-end-all in mental combat, either... I feel sorry for Siege, really."

Bruce just grinned at that.

He nodded, "The pineal gland does seem to be the physical connection - but the Avatar is not just a part of our brains."

Bruce grunted at that saying that he did not completely agree but he did not want to argue the point either.

He nodded, "Almost as strong as Primium, yes. I'll make sure to bring you along next trip I make."

"Great thanks...a most interesting material indeed."
The Artificer said dreamily.

He smiled thinly, "Testing if you see any appreciable difference in power between items you enchant in the Sanctum and at the forge. Might give you some ideas for working around impediments, at least."

"Sure I can do that."
Bruce agreed.
"Might be an interesting experiment."

He pondered, "Cap's no Progenitor - he doesn't actually do any of the science; he's a lab rat, not a scientist... Banner fits probably best as a Cultist; he becomes the Hulk through anger - a perfect example of altered mental states if I ever saw one. And Thor... A Verbena Storm Wife might be the best fit, yes. In fact, I could easily see Master Nassa cheerfully swing Mjolnir around and throw thunder and lightning from it."
He grinned to Adley, "Asgardians in Marvel are not gods, as such, though they've been worshipped as gods by more primitive peoples. They're technically aliens."

"Perhaps you are right about Cap, Thor as a Verbena Storm Wife though that do fit, and Master Nassa swinging a big, enchanted hammer would be terrifying."
Bruce said with a grin.

He nodded, "Masters of the Art tend to be a good idea to be careful around, whatever faction they belong to. And magic aside, she held the British Empire together for over 60 years; she was one hell of a Lady, as befitted her rank."

"She was a interesting lady the Sons of Ether still hold her in much regard, after all she was let in before the Tradition generally allowed women to become members."
Bruce said.
"I am more interested in her accomplishments as a mage than her being royalty, she earned her rank among mages, her title as queen was just handed to her."

(Talking with Captain Welder.)

Colin nodded, "Of course; if I had any actual authority in the Traditions, I would welcome both groups in with open arms, but alas, I am but a humble Orphan, and as such quite far removed from any political decisions. Though I do find that those in power tend to listen to my suggestions, at least. And true, your mission is with Mr. Karyak, not the rest of the world. Yet."

"The problem, is not membership, the Verbena might protest against the Kights Templar joining but for most of the rest they would be welcomed as Orphan groups or members of other Traditions but we don't want that, we want to retain who we are and find safety in numbers and that is all I can say about the matter."
Captain Welder said softly.

He smiled, "Think nothing of it, Captain - we're both officers, after all."

The Templar nodded at that and she gave you a bit of a grateful smile.

He nodded and prepared to note down Welder's contact information, "Yes, this would be a good time for that, Anna... Captain, we did bring you a little snack, a British export. I hope you like them."

Captain Welder gave you a phone number then she smiled.
"How thoughtful, thank you."
She said as Anna sanded her the box of jaffa cakes.
"Hum...you do look very much like someone I once knew child, a member of a Greek Craft..."
She said as she struggled to open the box of cakes, took one and then offered the box to you and Anna as well.
"A Greek Craft?"
Anna asked and looked at you before accepting a cookie.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:05 pm

"You are probably right and it is hard to judge in a situation I was not a part of."
"And I will ask Nico, when I take them out to dinner today, Dr Lee have given the ok if we do not go far and they are not strained to much."

"I'm glad they're feeling up to going out," he said. "Please give my regards."

Abstractly, we could do something like rearranging it into shape with something, much like how you'd form ferric structures with a magnet. There has to be a quick and drastic way to change it back as there is to destroy. Although i know destroying is easier than building

"They are Avatars not Lego buildings I am not sure you can just rearrange them Mr Yager." Bruce said sounding rather doubtful. "And a quick and drastic way to change an Avatar do not sound very safe."

He frowned, "Taking apart an Avatar is the... easy part. The problem is wringing the bits back into their right shape and putting them back together. That's still well beyond the abilities of any Mage, I'm afraid..."

"The shape of an avatar is not something we're bound to know well, especially after they have Fallen, it's already been ripped apart. But I have an idea that relates to that one in some ways, the same way you can make an educated guess at what some of the...silhouette's form is supposed to look like by perceiving the 'perimeter' of it. We can know some of the shape of them, so to speak, and by shapes I mean sounds." He tipped his head a little as he spoke. "But it would only be one small part of it, one or a few lifetimes, I would imagine..."

"And you wish to call one, why?"

And to do that, we must do an inside work. So we need to change all in this structure. From our own structure, now old and monolitic, directed by people with thousands of years, down on to the common life. We move around as shadows, as we are being intentionally turned into memories. That's just waiting to truly become no more than shadows. Maybe, to be less poetic and more practical, i belive we are stubbornly using old techniques for new problems, and we need to keep up, but we can't due to a long list of reasons, not being less the fact that old powers still make and uphold the same ways that led to their defeat too.

"Old magickal systems seam to still work pretty well for the ones using them, I use a more modern system myself but I can not deny the power the Verbena and the Hermetics among others have."

"If we walked around in the open and did tons of magick outright, we'd be doxed before Tuesday and sleepers have better than pitchforks at their disposal now. But there are some revivals in progress, we need to get the pendulum to swing the other way," he said with a nod.

We'll see if they are up to the task, but... it would be a mission i don't know much about. I mean... we'd have to go to a plane i don't exactly know how to reach that's pure change, and then study what we can of it to learn a way to get an avatar into it and use the change produced on it by the spirit realm to get the avatar back to shape. in any case, i'd have to look how it is but i belive we can numb the corruption, at least try to isolate it's influence on the ship's behaviour so we can travel.

"If it is the ship Colin have been discussing you are talking about Mr Karyak then I doubt that her owner would like you to take it to some strange mystery realm that can get you and your crew killed and the ship destroyed Mr Karyak, the expedition you talk about seam rather ill planned."
He frowned, "You want to go to a place of pure change... that's not going to take protecting the ship from corruption, as such, that's... no, I'm not going to agree with or participate in such a voyage; not without some serious power at my side to dampen the forces of change. Far too risky."

"What plane is this, Mr Karyak?" he said, raising an eyebrow. "What do you know of it?"

I have a few tricks up my sleeve, so reaching is not the problem. Maybe we can ask for a special... investigation license? Or maybe a permit to prepare for the now nephandus girl's trial... i would try to reach out on my own but as you asked me to think it twice, i belive we should think how to get there without getting ourselves on trial... as soon as we have a solution we can start a revolution on, "avatar recovery" ? That's a thing?

"To put it bluntly, the fewer people that know the reach of our progress at this time the better. There are forces that may wish to stop us, and if it is known what we are trying to do, and how..." He shook his head.

He waved a hand. "Some people think that some of the Umbrood are aliens. I suppose it technically is true, since they are alien to earthly life if they're outer umbrood."

"Then I'm wasting time trying to unmake a mental shield. Enough time for them to punch me or realize what I'm doing." Serge replied.

"That's why you need backup. How about I stop then from punching us in the face and distract them by punching /them/ in the face?" He grinned.

"We have the Hagalaz group from your own Tradition Mr Yager he might fit there."
Bruce said and grinned.
"They are Norse."
"That's about the only connection. Thor doesn't use runes or inscribe or enchant his own weaponary." Serge replied.

Adley scratched at his beard. "I have heard of stories and rumors from way back in the days, the Order fighting northmen...what you'd call Vikings I commonly, that had magickal abilities They weren't Hagalaz, for they did not exist yet."

"Some cultists use the thrill of battle to achieve their desired mind state. They have specific arenas where they can have such battles without disturbing others. Beyond that, I don't think we have any sort of organized dueling system. We're a pretty flexible tradition. Well I think there is one where you try to overwhelm another person's senses...but I don't know much about that."

"That seems the closest, perhaps."

He arched an eyebrow, "A Round Table, perhaps? Like the one at Camelot of old?"

"Tables and wheels and circles, all good symbols," he agreed. "Your name is Wainwright," he said looking a bit amused. "Instead of Mr Wainwright's tea party, it could be a wagon wheel."

He smiled, "I thought of a ruler, because every teacher I ever had used one. Well, a ruler and a piece of chalk... And I would not suggest that we decide for Bee - she'd get all indignant."

He laughed a little. "Did you get reprimanded very much? And no I'm not choosing for her, I was just speculating. I was considering how our two symbols would seem together."

He grinned, "You're all welcome to come running with me every morning; a few laps around the block would do you a world of good."

"When I get back on my feet," he agreed.

He shrugged, "I don't see why we could not take a Tarot card as Cabal name - but, for now, we'll only add it to the suggestion list. The others need to be allowed input, too."
"We've got a lot of long list of suggestions. Perhaps we should send it to some of the other cabal members to see what they think. Anymore and it might get overwhelming."

He nodded. "Agreed. Well then, that seems to wrap things up for now. To follow up on: discussing the possible names with the other cabal members, setting up a pizza night, and other group activities."

// since it's easy to miss things that I responded to to Tane, I highlighted Tane's convo parts in bold

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:41 pm

Anja wrote:"You are probably right and it is hard to judge in a situation I was not a part of."
S7trif3 wrote:"I'm glad they're feeling up to going out," he said. "Please give my regards."
Anja wrote:Bruce nodded at that.
"I will do so."
He promised.
Colin nodded, "Please give them my regards as well... and if you could, please let them know that I would like to commission a particular item from them, as soon as they feel up to working again - they'll be welcome to access my workshop and the materials therein."

Jeremy wrote:"I might be able to temporarily turn off or overload that ability, if you want. If it's instinctual than it shouldn't be to hard to trick." Serge pondered.
He frowned, then grinned broadly, "If you can figure out a way to temporarily shut off that knack, I'd be in your debt. So many games that lost their appeal once I started knowing what everyone else drew, or would roll..."

Anja wrote:"That is pretty cool actually and you can summon one of these what was it you called them?"
Bruce asked sounding impressed.
S7trif3 wrote:"And you wish to call one, why?"
He nodded, "Psychopomps, and I might be able to summon one... seems no-one has seen them since the Order of Reason started making trouble, or thereabouts. And I hope to call one for two reasons - first, to find out if the old ritual still works, and second, to help Master Nassa gain his new apprentice. It's... a little complicated."

Anja wrote:"Defeat the Union one fantasy book at the time."
Bruce joked.
He grinned, "I'm entirely in favour of that one - break the Union through Amazon.com."

Anja wrote:"True that and it is something best avoided."
He nodded, "Quite; the splitting headache is bad enough, but the likely death part is a bit tricky to overcome."

Jeremy wrote:"Oh I will." Serge said with a grin on his face. "All I need is a hallway and some willing participants."
Anja wrote:Bruce gave you a somewhat skeptical look.
He arched an eyebrow, "And perhaps a set of non-permanent marker pens to decorate the poor fellows who get stuck?"

Jeremy wrote:"Nobody wants to hear my mind music." Serge said with a humorous frown.
Anja wrote:"That would be a correct assumption."
Bruce said flatly.
He grinned wickedly, "Besides, why resort to magic, when all you have to do is sing 'Mama, just killed a man, put a gun against his head...'"

Anja wrote:"This is about keeping Adeptus Riez's old sweetheart out of the Main Sentencing Hall right?"
Bruce asked.
"For then yes time is definitively of the essence."
He nodded, "Very much of the essence. The Quaesitor who retrieved the prisoners agreed to put the poor young woman at the bottom of the docket - but that's only an administrative shuffle, and not an indefinite delay."

Anja wrote:Bruce grunted at that saying that he did not completely agree but he did not want to argue the point either.
He smiled wryly, "Try to think of the gland as a TV set. You can't watch TV without it, but it is not the programming."

Jeremy wrote:"Actually, there really is not point in excluding the Men in Black. She's probably trained by them and broke their mental conditioning to do her own thing. Same deal as Hawkeye."
Anja wrote:"Yeah that could fit actually."
Bruce agreed and smiled.
Anja wrote:"Perhaps you are right about Cap, Thor as a Verbena Storm Wife though that do fit, and Master Nassa swinging a big, enchanted hammer would be terrifying."
Bruce said with a grin.
Jeremy wrote:"Still not liking that Banner thing. What's wrong with Etherite turned in an experiment gone horribly wrong? I think that's a pretty fun story. Thor as a Verbana....not really fitting stereotypes but I'll take you guy's word on it."
Anja wrote:"I am with the kid on this one guys, the Hulk is clearly modeled on Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and they would be perfect Etherites. Now as for Thor well the Verbena Storm Wives control weather and they are warriors, seams like a good fit for me."
He nodded, "I would agree with the Etherite hypothesis for the Hulk, except for the simple reason that Bruce Banner becomes the Hulk specifically when angry, not by drinking a serum or other external agent. Arguably, the gamma bomb incident was his Awakening moment."

Jeremy wrote:"That's about the only connection. Thor doesn't use runes or inscribe or enchant his own weaponary." Serge replied.
Anja wrote:"That is why I think the Storm Wives would be a better fit."
S7trif3 wrote:Adley scratched at his beard. "I have heard of stories and rumors from way back in the days, the Order fighting northmen...what you'd call Vikings I commonly, that had magickal abilities They weren't Hagalaz, for they did not exist yet."
Jeremy wrote:"Early Hagalaz? Before they became a formalized group? MAybe. The history of those guys are freaky." Serge said with a frown.
Anja wrote:"Most cultures have had mages so they might not have been from a group that exist today or they might have been of the old faith, what became the Verbena."
Bruce suggested.
S7trif3 wrote:'I'm not sure. There's a lot of stories of the Order fighting all manner of wizards."
Anja wrote:"The Order of Hermes generally liked to pick a fight with every other Awakened they could find. They generally did not like anyone else playing in their sandbox."
The Orphan said and frowned.
He pondered, "Hum, perhaps Tormod of Kirkenes was part of the Craft that would become the Hagalaz."

Jeremy wrote:"I hate running so much. And most types of exercise. Which probably explains my physique..."
S7trif3 wrote:"When I get back on my feet," he agreed.
Anja wrote:"Well if you want to be good at physical combat you have to work on your physical body either through exercise or learning Life magick and cheat."
Bruce said and grinned.
He grinned wryly, "Besides, son, you might find that as unpleasant and onerous exercise may be, it's a lot more unpleasant to be chased by a HIT-Mark on foot if you are miserably out of shape..."

Anja wrote:"She was a interesting lady the Sons of Ether still hold her in much regard, after all she was let in before the Tradition generally allowed women to become members."
Bruce said.
"I am more interested in her accomplishments as a mage than her being royalty, she earned her rank among mages, her title as queen was just handed to her."
He nodded, "Of course - but consider this, relatively few people who have inherited their crown have wielded that power with as much strength and skill as she did. There's little to be impressed by in her becoming queen, but over six decades of governance and expansion like that? Not a small feat, Mage or not."

S7trif3 wrote:"Tables and wheels and circles, all good symbols," he agreed. "Your name is Wainwright," he said looking a bit amused. "Instead of Mr Wainwright's tea party, it could be a wagon wheel."
Jeremy wrote:"Mr. Wainwright's wagon wheel? Beautiful Alliteration. I love it." Serge said with a smile.
He grimaced, "What is this, an á la cart choice all of a sudden?"

S7trif3 wrote:He laughed a little. "Did you get reprimanded very much? And no I'm not choosing for her, I was just speculating. I was considering how our two symbols would seem together."
He shrugged, "Not more than average, I think... No, most of my teachers used it to underline important words and phrases, and the like."

Jeremy wrote:"We've got a lot of long list of suggestions. Perhaps we should send it to some of the other cabal members to see what they think. Anymore and it might get overwhelming."
Anja wrote:"Agreed they should get a word in about this as well."
Bruce said and nodded.
S7trif3 wrote:He nodded. "Agreed. Well then, that seems to wrap things up for now. To follow up on: discussing the possible names with the other cabal members, setting up a pizza night, and other group activities."
Jeremy wrote:"Is there anything else on the agenda?" Serge asked looking at Adley and then Colin.
He nodded and noted down a few more things, along with the suggested names and possible heraldry, "No, that seems to be it... unless anyone else has something, we can call the meeting adjourned."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:52 am

Anja wrote:"Certainly I will let them know Colin."
Bruce said and smiled.
Colin smiled, "Thank you. Anna's restraining collar is merely a loan; I shall need to have a duplicate made as soon as possible, so the rightful owner gets theirs back. It's a precious item, far beyond its magical or monetary value..."

Jeremy wrote:"Don't forget spray painting me pink and calling me jigglypuff." Serge said with a chuckle before realizing that that reference might not be so easily understood among the present mages.
Anja wrote:Bruce chuckled at that.
"Just make sure you sing."
He commented.
S7trif3 wrote:"You'll need a microphone."
Anja wrote:"One with a hidden marker pen inside of it."
Bruce sai and grinned.
He just arched an eyebrow and quietly googled 'Jigglypuff' before putting his phone back down with a half-smile.

S7trif3 wrote:"Ah, I see. Well, I shall look forward to a longer conversation later."
Anja wrote:"That is really cool actually I doubt I could be much help with such a spell given my Paradigm but I wish you the best with it and please tell me how it go if you can once you have tried it."
Bruce said and smiled.
He nodded, then pondered, "You might be able to help with some of the paraphernalia I might need - I've yet to finish studying the ritual, though, so i don't know yet. I'll let you know."

S7trif3 wrote:He spread his fingers in a gesture not quite an apology. "It was a very us or them time...where them was anyone else."
Anja wrote:"It was another time then."
Bruce agreed and sigh.
"But hell back in the day your Tradition where kind of bullies."
He smiled wryly, "Back then, I suppose everyone with a bit of power were kind of bullies... The Order of Hermes were just a little better organized."

Anja wrote:"Good, then I can feel better about splurging on books."
The Artificer said and grinned.
He grinned, "Let me know if you need any recommendations for new materials to read."

Anja wrote:"One can survive being shot in the head but it is best not to risk it."
Bruce said and frowned.
"It would not be good."
He nodded, "No head injury is ever good."

Anja wrote:Bruce nodded at that and he frowned.
"Adeptus Riez will take it hard if...that...happens to Cadence Clearwater."
He grumbled.
He nodded, "He will... perhaps we can save her soul, even her life, though..."

Anja wrote:"I am still not sure I buy that but sure....I guess it makes some sense."
Bruce said and grunted.
He smiled thinly, "It's a working analogy, not a perfect one."

Jeremy wrote:"The Akashic do stuff like that all the time right? Empowering their strikes?" Serge said remembering all the martial arts movies he had ever watched. "Yeah if we wanted to do subtle there's probably a number of better ways. Like heating up a person's gun so that he'll drop it."
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, but they use special techniques of their own. Heating up the person's gun is a very good idea. Sometimes adjusting the environment or tool is easier than targeting the person themselves."
Anja wrote:"That would get you Paradox metal do not just heat up for no reason."
He nodded, "I would actually recommend freezing the metal rather than heating it up. Just as unpleasant to hold barehanded, the barrel contracts so the bullet can't get out, and there's no risk of accidentally heating the catridges to the gunpowder's ignition point."

Jeremy wrote:"...pulled the trigger, now he's dead." Serge continued, "Mama, life had just begun..."
S7trif3 wrote:"Damn...that's going to be stuck in my head."
He grinned, "Works every time... but here's something that makes it a little creepier: everyone knows the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody, but think back... do you recall ever learning the song?"

Jeremy wrote:"Looks like we have an interesting game of goldfish in our future." Serge said with a grin.
He nodded, "Looking forward to it."

Anja wrote:"I would not put it past the Etherboyz making a potion that make you change form depending on your mood."
Bruce protested.
"After all without freaky science there would be no Hulk it is not just a matter of emotions."
Jeremy wrote:"I view the Hulk as a terrible paradox backlash. Like he awakened long ago and began doing his genius thing like all magickal genius's do, accumulating a large amount of dox in the process. Then in the gamma experiment it all came down on him at once and he was cursed with that Hulk, a reflection of his own rage made real. I'm hesitant on Cultist because most cultist's like going into different mind states while Banner actively tried to avoid his." Serge argued.

"He's lucky in that he can control his paradox curse...to an extent. But it doesn't exactly do him any favors."
Anja wrote:"I still say he would be a Etherite."
Bruce protested.
"But I guess the idea of it being a Paradox flaw works as well."
He nodded, "I suppose those could work, too... But, when it comes down to it, we're discussing a fictional character."

Anja wrote:"Who is this Tormod of Kirkenes?"
The large Orphan asked.
He paused, "He was a Norwegian Mage, whom the First Cabal sought out. That turned out to be when Akrites Salonikas had his prophetic visions, and there was an... accident; Tormod of Kirkenes was killed by an accidental temporal storm from the Seer. It's... rather vividly described; a very unpleasant way to go."

Jeremy wrote:"Stupid overpowered terminator robots...no minds to screw with..." Serge muttered grumpily under his breath.
Anja wrote:"They have minds Mr Yager it is just that those minds are heavily controlled, but there is a human brain in there."
The Orphan said and frowned.
"Poor creatures."
He nodded, "The standard HIT-Mark has had its brain wiped of all personality, it seems... Theres' a Deaconess in Chicago, though; she escaped the wiping process... she's a fleshless HIT-Mark, not as well regarded as she deserves. She's a noble lady and a good leader for the outcasts who have come to her Chantry."

S7trif3 wrote:"Heh, that's a terrible pun," he grinned.
He grinned, "And you bloody well earned it; I make no apologies."

S7trif3 wrote:He nodded, then smiled a little. "I see the connection now."
He smiled, "But perhaps you are right; the ruler is perhaps a little old-fashioned for your work."

Anja wrote:"True enough, perhaps royalty got it right that time, not that I agree with that form of government but Queen Victoria did do a good job."
Bruce agreed and nodded.
He nodded, "I quite favour the European systems of a hereditary monarch and an elected government - gives the stability of the Monarchy while ensuring the liberties and influences of Democracy."

Jeremy wrote:"I have nothing else to add." Serge said looking around at the other members.
S7trif3 wrote:"Nothing else, right now. Later we should talk though when you have a minute, amius," he said to Colin. "I've got two classes to teach today and catch up on backwork, but whenever you got time."
Anja wrote:"I have nothing to add."
He nodded, "Well, Mr. Karyak, if you have nothing more, either, we can call the meeting adjourned."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:27 pm

Now that sounds awesome

"Great, I can speak with Jon and Richard as well so we can find a day we can all eat together, and hopefully Bee will be well enough to be carried in to join us, if nothing else she can be made comfortable on the sofa while we eat."
Bruce said and smiled.

IT can have risks, but any quirurgic procedure is actually pretty drastic and shocking, but it's sometimes the only option and safer than not.

"Yeah well try to make sure Bee is not one of those you try this thing out on."
The Orphan said protectively of his Cabalmate.

Magick systems are no problem. They resonate with our history. Is stiff minds and old disconnected bones that weight us down. There's a reason with the chief of a tribe is usually young and at it's top, and old people are sages and councelers.

"The leadership of the Traditions are old that I admit and they have old fashioned attitudes but I do not see that changing anytime soon, and if we are not going to have a Meritocracy where the most powerful magi rule how do you suggjest we choose our leaders?"
Bruce said he did not sound convinced.

Let acts speak. Make yourself a name and go to sleep, right?

"Yeah no I prefer to keep my abilities secret and avoid the torch and pitchfork brigade."
The Artificer grunted and he shook his head.

Totally, i need to start looking into it with Master Telar before setting myself on a direct study. I suppose though it won't take SOOOO much time.

"I suspect that learning to go to some realm of never ending change and doing so safely will take some time Mr Karyak."

I'm reading laws at the moment, so let me get a little more insight and we can plot a bit more on this. maybe we can argue she was something like a spy and tried to inform us all along and whatnot... in any case, we need the knowledge and a couple of ways to make sure she doesn't lie to us.

"Lying during the proceedings are probably not the right way to go, if that is found out and it will be found out Miss Clearwater is toast and so is her defense, it is a matter of record that she was captured in battle fighting for the Nephandi claiming that she suddenly are a spy, the Council may be old but they are not that senile."
The Orphan said and shook his head.
"So yeah no that is not a good idea, nor would it help much even if they believed the lie since the real crime is that she is Fallen, even if she had the best of intentions joining the Nephandi it do not change that fact."

"That's really easy to do and would work in most cases in fact. It's one of the first things they teach you in mind school." Serge said agreeing to the sentiment. "But sometimes if their minds are set on killing you it can get kinda tough. Bar fights and run-ins with gangsters are easy enough. Zealous Nephandi and Brainwashed Technocrats might need a bit more effort."

"No tactic are going to work all of the time Mr Yager and it is not always possible to be subtle sometimes you have to say fuck Paradox and fight with all you got. Now when that is said zealous Nephandi and brainwashed Technocrats are also the ones that are most likely to have their minds protected so your little tricks will be harder to do."
Bruce said and shrugged.

"I was just thinking of spilling silver paint over my hand. Real life experiences work too though." Serge said with a nod.

"Silver paint do not feel quite the same as molten metal Mr Yager, not unless you are using some really impressive paint."
The Orphan sai dryly.

"Ehhh, I dunno." Serge said with a shrug. "Playing by the rules can get dull at times. Plus I just wanna feel like a cool stealthy wizard."

Bruce just shook his head and this and sigh, he did not look impressed.

"Fuck. Yeah I meant worlds." Serge muttered correcting himself.

The Artificer grinned a little at that.

"I'm sure you will. And then you'll create the best legendary enchanted item ever that'll go down in wizard history." Serge said with a smile.

Bruce looked at Serge then he grinned a little.
"Well thanks kid, you know sometimes your enthusiasm is not to bad."

"Safety issues aside, sometimes you need to blow their gun up which is easier than turning it to slag. There's a rote that was used against us in one of our fights, it seemed a variation on an Order rote, which likely was developed from one that was used against archers, that would do what Mr Yager described. I think depending on the circumstance it was less flashy than a fireball, certainly."

"Sometimes you know that the Dox with hurt but being taken down by the Union will hurt more so you just have to do what you have to do."
Bruce agreed.
"But we can try to be subtle when we can."

'Thanks."

Bruce smiled a little at that and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:07 am

Anja wrote:"Wonderful, any more of this and I will need a drink."
Bruce grumbled.
Colin grinned, "I would have offered one, but, er, it seems Mr. Tasselwell and I rather cleaned out my supplies after the battle, and I haven't had the time nor inclination to restock."

S7trif3 wrote:"Keep me posted."
He nodded, "Of course."

Anja wrote:"Great, I can speak with Jon and Richard as well so we can find a day we can all eat together, and hopefully Bee will be well enough to be carried in to join us, if nothing else she can be made comfortable on the sofa while we eat."
Bruce said and smiled.
He smiled wryly, "I would prefer afternoons or evenings, but if needs must be, I could probably excuse myself from the shop any day with a little advance warning. Bruce, I'm delegating picking a date and time that works for everyone to you."

Tane wrote:IT can have risks, but any quirurgic procedure is actually pretty drastic and shocking, but it's sometimes the only option and safer than not.
Anja wrote:"Yeah well try to make sure Bee is not one of those you try this thing out on."
The Orphan said protectively of his Cabalmate.
He frowned, "Mr. Karyak, what you are speaking of is not surgery, it's experimentation. A sort of experimentation that could be fairly compared to the sort of research that was harshly put a stop to in 1945."

Tane wrote:Magick systems are no problem. They resonate with our history. Is stiff minds and old disconnected bones that weight us down. There's a reason with the chief of a tribe is usually young and at it's top, and old people are sages and councelers.
Anja wrote:"The leadership of the Traditions are old that I admit and they have old fashioned attitudes but I do not see that changing anytime soon, and if we are not going to have a Meritocracy where the most powerful magi rule how do you suggjest we choose our leaders?"
Bruce said he did not sound convinced.
He pondered, "The chief of a tribe usually being young seems a bit off; remember that youth and enthusiasm is no match for age and treachery... The young leader who rules with wisdom and cunning is more of an anomaly than anything else - though I will allow that Alexander the Great was one hell of an exception to the rule."

S7trif3 wrote:"I would put that into the survival aspect, even so."
He grimaced, "Well, to an extent, I suppose."

Tane wrote:Let acts speak. Make yourself a name and go to sleep, right?
Anja wrote:"Yeah no I prefer to keep my abilities secret and avoid the torch and pitchfork brigade."
The Artificer grunted and he shook his head.
He frowned, "Make a name for yourself, and the Technocracy knows where to come knocking. And they tend to be a little nastier than your average torches-and-pitchforks mob."

Tane wrote:Totally, i need to start looking into it with Master Telar before setting myself on a direct study. I suppose though it won't take SOOOO much time.
Anja wrote:"I suspect that learning to go to some realm of never ending change and doing so safely will take some time Mr Karyak."
He arched an eyebrow, "That sounds like a few decades of dedicated study. At a minimum."

Tane wrote:I'm reading laws at the moment, so let me get a little more insight and we can plot a bit more on this. maybe we can argue she was something like a spy and tried to inform us all along and whatnot... in any case, we need the knowledge and a couple of ways to make sure she doesn't lie to us.
Anja wrote:"Lying during the proceedings are probably not the right way to go, if that is found out and it will be found out Miss Clearwater is toast and so is her defense, it is a matter of record that she was captured in battle fighting for the Nephandi claiming that she suddenly are a spy, the Council may be old but they are not that senile."
The Orphan said and shook his head.
"So yeah no that is not a good idea, nor would it help much even if they believed the lie since the real crime is that she is Fallen, even if she had the best of intentions joining the Nephandi it do not change that fact."
He shook his head, "Suggesting Lady Dalisse to be a spy would be foolish in the extreme. For starters, she is a known historical figure, whose life up to the point when she escaped from Guernicus' experiments is known to the Quaesitors, and second, I have testified as to her disposition before one of the most absolute Quaesitors I know of, Master Tolle, who would not take kindly to any attempt at deception like that. I expect Master Tolle will be debating with other senior members relatively soon what Lady Dalisse's actual legal standing will be, as she is not Fallen, and presently effectively defected from the Nephandi - but trying to pull a fast one like you propose will likely endanger her chance to come home to the Traditions, and my life as well. And i am quite fond of my life, so I would be compelled to do very drastic things to defend it."

Anja wrote:"I think...I will begin with book one and two from one series and come back for more once I have read them."
Bruce said as he selected two books.
"Thanks Colin I will get them back to you as soon as possible."
He smiled, "No rush, take whatever time you need. Oh, and if you use dog ears instead of proper bookmarks, I will rain misfortune on a Biblical scale upon you."

S7trif3 wrote:Idly, he scanned the shelves he pointed out and then the others.
Adley would note a long series of notebooks of various sizes and thicknesses on the top shelf, as well as a good number of Anna's collection of books on the top and second shelf. More of Anna's books took up the top three shelves of another bookcase. There were probably more shelves in the bedrooms, too... one shelf had a set of sliding glass doors, and was filled with nicknacks, including an old, worn Matchbox car.

Anja wrote:"Yeah that might be a better idea."
Bruce agreed and nodded.
Jeremy wrote:"That's really easy to do and would work in most cases in fact. It's one of the first things they teach you in mind school." Serge said agreeing to the sentiment. "But sometimes if their minds are set on killing you it can get kinda tough. Bar fights and run-ins with gangsters are easy enough. Zealous Nephandi and Brainwashed Technocrats might need a bit more effort."
Anja wrote:"No tactic are going to work all of the time Mr Yager and it is not always possible to be subtle sometimes you have to say fuck Paradox and fight with all you got. Now when that is said zealous Nephandi and brainwashed Technocrats are also the ones that are most likely to have their minds protected so your little tricks will be harder to do."
Bruce said and shrugged.
Jeremy wrote:"That's true. Well I have some options at least." Serge said with a sigh.
He grimaced, "On the bright side, if you're up against the Fallen, you might find it most beneficial to provoke highly vulgar magic from them. Reality doesn't like it when they do that..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Safety issues aside, sometimes you need to blow their gun up which is easier than turning it to slag. There's a rote that was used against us in one of our fights, it seemed a variation on an Order rote, which likely was developed from one that was used against archers, that would do what Mr Yager described. I think depending on the circumstance it was less flashy than a fireball, certainly."
Anja wrote:"Sometimes you know that the Dox with hurt but being taken down by the Union will hurt more so you just have to do what you have to do."
Bruce agreed.
"But we can try to be subtle when we can."
He nodded, "Subtlety is useful in most cases, but when the bullets are flying anyway, go with what works."

Jeremy wrote:"I was just thinking of spilling silver paint over my hand. Real life experiences work too though." Serge said with a nod.
Anja wrote:"Silver paint do not feel quite the same as molten metal Mr Yager, not unless you are using some really impressive paint."
The Orphan sai dryly.
Jeremy wrote:"I more care about the look and feel of liquid metal running down your hands. Most people don't know what that feels like so I can leave a lot of stuff up to their own interpretation. It's mostly just to freak them out." Serge said with a shrug.
He shook his head, "Most kinds of paint feel more like blood than metal. Just... trust me on that."

S7trif3 wrote:'Interesting. I have no idea, as I don't frequent the science buildings, my building is near Storrow Drive, theirs is over by Beacon street but I can probably find out if Metcalf has some..."
Jeremy wrote:"Gallium works too. It's less messy as well." Serge commented.
He nodded, "I'd be surprised if they didn't have a sample of three. But I wouldn't expect you to be allowed to simply borrow it, I believe the stuff costs dollars per gram And it's a fairly heavy metal, so there's not much of it in a gram."

Jeremy wrote:"Ehhh, I dunno." Serge said with a shrug. "Playing by the rules can get dull at times. Plus I just wanna feel like a cool stealthy wizard."
Anja wrote:Bruce just shook his head and this and sigh, he did not look impressed.
He grinned wryly, "Playing by the rules makes sure you don't get thrown out. Where you can find a way to really shine is in finding the loopholes, the rules exploits - if you can find some inventive trick that is not technically cheating, you're more likely to get that recognition and personal satisfaction than if you simply give yourself a perfect streak of dice rolls or card draws."

S7trif3 wrote:"There goes my idea for getting the cabal some cash."
He grinned, "Well, there's always American Idol..."

Jeremy wrote:"Damn Karma..." Serge said with a resigned smile. "Wouldn't mind buying one of those luck charms though. Sadly I don't think I could afford it."
He arched an eyebrow, "They're mostly around five dollars. Give or take about a dollar or two dependant on size."

S7trif3 wrote:"I should bring this in to class someday, or parchment or papyrus. That would be interesting, let all the kids write Greek graffiti on it. See if they can appropriately conjugate 'fuck' to fit their needs," he said, looking amused.
He grinned, "How about pottery? You know, demigods have faced the odds and ended up a mockery; don't believe the stories that you read on all the crockery..."

Jeremy wrote:"Fuck. Yeah I meant worlds." Serge muttered correcting himself.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, and all the denizens in it...travellng in it is something quite different, landmarks are your associations, distance is less of a physical thing and more of a concept of separation between you and where you are going. It's easy to get lost, too...but yes, in a week or so I should feel better enough to use simple perception abilities, I can take you to the roof garden and show you what it looks like in the Near Umbra, there are usually some spirits up there and I will want to say hello to some friends of mine." He smiled a little.
Jeremy wrote:"I'd like that. Wouldn't mind seeing the guardian spirit of the Chantry as well." Serge said with a nod.
Jeremy wrote:He nodded, thinking about the one that looked similar to popularly depicted angels. Then he got a faraway look as he thought of the one over by the Villa and scratched at his chest idly as if something itched him.
He glanced at Adley, then nodded, "The Spirit of Steelhaven Hall looks a lot like a classic angel; pleasant enough. And yes, traveling the Umbra is a matter of imagery and association. Finding a giant polyp of rotting flesh was a moderately unpleasant search, even if it was ameliorated by looking for Dune references..."

S7trif3 wrote:"I haven't even gotten to see this ship yet," he said. "I am getting to ride in it, yes?"
Jeremy wrote:"Going on a trip in an Umbra ship? Hell yeah! That sounds like fun." Serge said enthusiastically. "And Adley already mentioned that he'd share his spirit sense with me, after a brief lessons in spirit etiquette of course."
S7trif3 wrote:"Interpersonal exchanges are bound to be different than when one is navigating a whole ship...ah, how to say, open waters? of the Umbra I expect. Colin will know more of that. I did take a carride through the Umbra once though that was strange. But yes, it's a good idea to have a basic understanding. I cannot teach you the language I use to speak with them, but some know English and other human languages. And you can use an interpreter."
Jeremy wrote:"Dream Realms count as part of the Umbra right? Cause if they do then I have about bit of experience in that particular type of Umbra." Serge said vaguely.

"I've wondered if I could talk telepathically with spirits. Thought is different then normal speech itself and spirits might be able to understand that regardless of how they speak. Of course I could be horribly mistaken, so I won't be trying it anytime soon."
He smiled wryly, "Can't think of a reason why you wouldn't get to ride your pater's shuttle. Unless you have serious problems with motion sickness on board, of course... As for Dream Realms, bugger if I know. There's probably some overlap or shared borders, or something of the sort. As a general piece of advice, though, I would recommend against trying to communicate telepathically with anything too alien. And most spirits would qualify."

Anja wrote:"It is not right in either case."
Bruce said and frowned.
S7trif3 wrote:"I'm still unclear why they don't allow her to have...well, skin, to be frank."
S7trif3 wrote:"It seems unwise to tempt the Law of Shade like that for someone who is one of our own, aside from the various ethical concerns but I do think continuing to discuss her without her here may soon begin to drift into rudeness. Perhaps sometime you will meet her, Mr Yager."
Jeremy wrote:"Perhaps one day." Serge said as he began doodling on his not pad once again, this time attempting to draw his own version of the terminator which had significantly more rocket launchers.
He nodded to Adley, "You are right, of course, we're getting into speculative territory. Best put the subject to rest for now."

Anja wrote:"The twelve year system you mention here could work, I think that would be a good system."
Bruce said.
"It do give stability without having to resort to elevating one family over the rest, saying this little shit brat is by virtue of birth entitled to honorifics and respect just because of who his daddy is, which really is a shit system."
He nodded, "Hereditary rulership has produced a few good leaders. Mostly the opposite, though - and eventually, you get an inbred imbecile on the throne, of which Carlos II of Spain was the strongest example."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 am

"I more care about the look and feel of liquid metal running down your hands. Most people don't know what that feels like so I can leave a lot of stuff up to their own interpretation. It's mostly just to freak them out." Serge said with a shrug.

"Fair enough."
Bruce said and nodded.

"That's true. Well I have some options at least." Serge said with a sigh.

"That is true and it is good to have options."
The Orphan said and nodded.

Colin grinned, "I would have offered one, but, er, it seems Mr. Tasselwell and I rather cleaned out my supplies after the battle, and I haven't had the time nor inclination to restock."

"Ah well Sunday evening was a good day to drink."
Bruce said and grinned.

He smiled wryly, "I would prefer afternoons or evenings, but if needs must be, I could probably excuse myself from the shop any day with a little advance warning. Bruce, I'm delegating picking a date and time that works for everyone to you."

"Afternoons would probably be more practical to most of us, but I will speak with the others and see when is a good time for them."
Bruce said.
"And I will speak with Master Nassa about Bee."

He frowned, "Make a name for yourself, and the Technocracy knows where to come knocking. And they tend to be a little nastier than your average torches-and-pitchforks mob."

"True the last thing we want are the attention of the fucking Union, and yeah they do have more than torches and pitchforks."
Bruce said and frowned.

He shook his head, "Suggesting Lady Dalisse to be a spy would be foolish in the extreme. For starters, she is a known historical figure, whose life up to the point when she escaped from Guernicus' experiments is known to the Quaesitors, and second, I have testified as to her disposition before one of the most absolute Quaesitors I know of, Master Tolle, who would not take kindly to any attempt at deception like that. I expect Master Tolle will be debating with other senior members relatively soon what Lady Dalisse's actual legal standing will be, as she is not Fallen, and presently effectively defected from the Nephandi - but trying to pull a fast one like you propose will likely endanger her chance to come home to the Traditions, and my life as well. And i am quite fond of my life, so I would be compelled to do very drastic things to defend it."

"Dalisse? I was sure it was Miss Clearwater's defense that Mr Karyak was referring to but yeah, no claiming the this Dalisse is a spy also would not work, she clearly is not, though as she is not Fallen it might be a little more chance there that the Council will grant permission to speak with her."
Bruce said.

He smiled, "No rush, take whatever time you need. Oh, and if you use dog ears instead of proper bookmarks, I will rain misfortune on a Biblical scale upon you."

"Oh I would never do that Colin, books are to be kept in as good a condition as possible."
Bruce said with feigned shock.
"Anything else would be sacrilege."

He grimaced, "On the bright side, if you're up against the Fallen, you might find it most beneficial to provoke highly vulgar magic from them. Reality doesn't like it when they do that..."

Bruce grinned at that.
"Well now that is the only time when Paradox is satisfying, when it smite the Fallen, well other than when the one smithed are Bee, do you remember when she made that root grow up out of the ground to get in the way of that Top Hat car?"
The Orphan asked and frowned.
"How sick she got? I guess now we know why she got such a massive Paradox backlash from such a simple spell."

He nodded, "Subtlety is useful in most cases, but when the bullets are flying anyway, go with what works."

Bruce nodded at that.
"Agreed."

He nodded, "I'd be surprised if they didn't have a sample of three. But I wouldn't expect you to be allowed to simply borrow it, I believe the stuff costs dollars per gram And it's a fairly heavy metal, so there's not much of it in a gram."

"You know guys, I could probably make some of that metal."
Bruce offered.
"It should not be to hard, it might not be perfect but it should give the desired effect."

He grinned, "Well, there's always American Idol..."

Bruce chuckled at that.
"I am not so sure we would get very far in that Colin."

He nodded, "Hereditary rulership has produced a few good leaders. Mostly the opposite, though - and eventually, you get an inbred imbecile on the throne, of which Carlos II of Spain was the strongest example."

"Indeed that is why I think a democracy is better, not that there have not been some dum dums elected into office as well."
The Artificer said and grunted.

Adley told him what days and times he had classes, which varied, some nights, some afternoons and some mornings or a combination.

Bruce nodded at that.
"I am sure I can work around that Adley."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:25 am

"I bet he'd be the main star." Serge said with a amused grin. "The spotlight would love him."

"Well it would be entertaining at least."
Bruce said sounding amused.

[quote]"Thanks, I look forward to my time here. Also you guys can all call me Serge if you want." Serge said wanting to add that last part in before everyone left.

Colin nodded, "As I said, I was able to purchase a little time, and Miss Clearwater is a Traditionalist, meaning she will at least get the formality of a proper trial. But that's not enough time to go traipsing through the Umbra on a desperate search for knowledge a twelve hundred years old lady might possess."

Bruce nodded at that but had nothing to add.

He grinned darkly, "Oh, I know..."

Your Cabalmate grinned at that.
"The pen is mightier than the sword and can sting deeper."
He commented.
"At least if the Scribe is very, very angry."

He shook his head slightly, "Ah, no, the posting about vaccines is not due to Paradox sickness - Anna is immunocompromised owing to her heart condition, and owing to a remarkably severe phobia against needles, she can't be vaccinated. So, to avoid the need for more extensive healing, we try to get as many in the Chantry as possible vaccinated against the most likely and dangerous diseases that might make their way here. Not every resident is quite as willing to get vaccinated, though..."

"Hum...I think I have everything but this years flu shot I will drop by the new infirmary and get it later tonight when Richards comes home, I try to stay up to date I ca get healed from about any illness but the folks at the junkyard are often sickly and can not afford healthcare I do not want to give them any illnesses."
Bruce said and nodded.
"I think it will be hard to get everyone vaccinated though, I spoke with Miss Rozzo and she was not happy about the notice in the common room, not happy at all."

He smiled wryly, "Some of us draw roots out of the street, some of us shoot Marauders out of the night sky... We've all done things to attract Paradox, but poor Beatrice, Anna and Kyle are... subject to harsher consequences than the rest of us."

Bruce nodded darkly at that.

He nodded, "And extra heat protection and pouring molten metal over a hand still won't give anywhere near the same tactile sensation as that of a gun melting in the wielder's hand - which I believe was the initial point of the train of thought?"

"I could do that as well, make a gun melt, without getting hot, I made a machine to do that a while ago but the problem is it ended up being to big to lug around but I still have it somewhere."
Bruce offered.

He looked at Serge with an almost horrified expression, "Oh, God, no, don't put me in the spotlight... The last time I stood at center stage, there were six Masters of Spirit beginning their grisly work on Beatrice... I don't generally do well with crowds; give me one or two people to speak with, and I can make Nephandi give me their personal protections or make Union cyborgs help us rescue one of our own - but address or perform for a crows? I'd almost rather jump into a Caul again..."

"Perhaps we should try to avoid that then Colin."
The large Orphan said and he nodded.
"And do try to avoid jumping into Cauls."

He nodded, "That works; it'll be a late night for us, then."

"Sleep is for wozzies and we are not wozzies."
Bruce joked and grinned.

He nodded, "Very well, then - everyone knows their assignments, of those who have them. And I will call another meeting as soon as I find a date everyone can make it."

Bruce nodded at that and grunted his agreement.

"But imagine if you could take that charisma and apply it to the crowds! Entrance an entire arena! Convince large swathes of people to our side. Rally the people! You could be the best singing politician in the world!" Serge said in an encouraging tone with stars in his eyes as he imagined Colin Wainwright, Rockstar President.

Bruce looked at Serge and simply shook his head to try to stop the Cultist joking before he got to a point that would be uncomfortable for Colin but he said nothing.

I wouldn't test it without proper investigation, and even so, i'd ask patients that face this or gilgul. A last chance, until prooved.

"That is rather morally...problematic Mr Karyak experimenting on those in a most desperate situation, and that is if you get the Council to agree to let you to do this."
Bruce said and he frowned.

Task forces. Let the best warrior guide us through war, and the smartest investigator administrate the investigations at large. Then if we need a zapper and the best warrior is no zapper get the best at that and give him the command until you know you need another set of skills. The chain of command would be the same, but you'd have the best working on it's area of expertise.
One leader per tradition is all and good, but magick is not the only thing you need. You want something more focused and unified, something that rallies us all. If not, we're divided and fucked by useless politics and little lobbyist groups that make no sense.

"What you describe Mr Karyak would work for a group of about ten member but not a organization like the Traditions who need a clear leadership, who is to decide when the investigation leader is to lead or when the warrior is to lead? Also a situation seldom encompass only one thing, what you describe simply would not work it would be chaos and little else. What you describe would rally no one and certainly not unify us."

I meant that Lady dalisse could be just called a spy

"I do not think that would work Mr Karyak as she clearly is not."
The Orphan said and sigh.

Investigation has to be made. I'd use the less dangerous and invasive methods available, but ultimatelly it will depend on how it is done.

"That is what the before mentioned 1940's doctors said as well."
Bruce said with a grunt.

See you around, friend! I should get going, too. Alright, if there's nothing else, just text me when we have new plans, alright?

"Have a good day Mr Karyak."
Bruce said before you left.

"Bye! Have a nice day." the cheerful Ecstatic said waving farewell to the large Orphan.

"Very well Serge you may call me Bruce."
The large man said and he gave the young Cultist a smile before he left.

[Investigating Avatar Restoration, Master Telar's room]

Tane had arranged a meeting with some of his cabalmates and Master Telar to put their atvances and ideas on how to make an avatar Un-Fallen. He had let Colin invite the others, since it was clear his own judgement was not to be followed.
Until that moment, tane had waited outside of Master Telar's workshop, although he had already knocked the door

Master Telar did not have a workshop at Steelhaven as she do not really live at the Chantry but she have a guest room. Cita opened the door to her room when you knocked on the door.
"Mr Karyak please come in, I have put on some tea."
The spirit healer said, she had arranged some cups around the living room table and put a plate of cookies in the center.
"Please have a seat, I understood that you wanted to talk with me?"

(OOC: I will work on the other scenes now but I wanted to post this.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:35 pm

Tane wrote:I wouldn't test it without proper investigation, and even so, i'd ask patients that face this or gilgul. A last chance, until prooved.
Anja wrote:"That is rather morally...problematic Mr Karyak experimenting on those in a most desperate situation, and that is if you get the Council to agree to let you to do this."
Bruce said and he frowned.
Tane wrote:Investigation has to be made. I'd use the less dangerous and invasive methods available, but ultimatelly it will depend on how it is done.
Anja wrote:"That is what the before mentioned 1940's doctors said as well."
Bruce said with a grunt.
Colin frowned, "The moral and ethical issues with that are legion, and that's even assuming the Council of Nine allow it. Which, frankly, I am inclined to suspect they will not..."

Tane wrote:Task forces. Let the best warrior guide us through war, and the smartest investigator administrate the investigations at large. Then if we need a zapper and the best warrior is no zapper get the best at that and give him the command until you know you need another set of skills. The chain of command would be the same, but you'd have the best working on it's area of expertise.
One leader per tradition is all and good, but magick is not the only thing you need. You want something more focused and unified, something that rallies us all. If not, we're divided and fucked by useless politics and little lobbyist groups that make no sense.
Anja wrote:"What you describe Mr Karyak would work for a group of about ten member but not a organization like the Traditions who need a clear leadership, who is to decide when the investigation leader is to lead or when the warrior is to lead? Also a situation seldom encompass only one thing, what you describe simply would not work it would be chaos and little else. What you describe would rally no one and certainly not unify us."
He shook his head, "What you describe sounds more like the scattered little groups of Magi back before the first Traditions began to band together. It might work for small groups, yes, but not for leading what is essentially a civilization."

Tane wrote:THink on someone that's at it's peak. He has wisdom and experience, but is still open to learn. That's what you'd want. Not too young, but with the spark and vigour still there.
He shrugged slightly, "Even so, with Magi, the concept of being at one's peak is seldom affected by actual years lived, or anything like that. If being open to learn while having wisdom and experience, spark and vigour were the prime criteria as you describe them, Lady Crexia Hermes Bani Tytalus would be the prime candidate. And she's an ancient Lich - an undead Archmage."

Tane wrote:I meant that Lady dalisse could be just called a spy
Anja wrote:"I do not think that would work Mr Karyak as she clearly is not."
The Orphan said and sigh.
Tane wrote:Ah, i see. I didn't know the background of this.
He nodded, "Clearly not. That aside, using such deceit in a trial is... not advisable; there are ways to tell if someone is lying."

Tane wrote:Anything you try should take that. But lets hope it can be shortened safely
He frowned, "Can it be shortened? Certainly, if the properly inclined genius were to delve deep into the subject matter without restraints or impediments. Is it safe, and even possible within the time frame we're stuck with? Not bloody likely..."

Anja wrote:Your Cabalmate grinned at that.
"The pen is mightier than the sword and can sting deeper."
He commented.
"At least if the Scribe is very, very angry."
He grinned, "To quote Mark Twain, 'I did not attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.' Yes, a sharp pen can destroy people far more completely than a mere sword..."

Anja wrote:"Hum...I think I have everything but this years flu shot I will drop by the new infirmary and get it later tonight when Richards comes home, I try to stay up to date I ca get healed from about any illness but the folks at the junkyard are often sickly and can not afford healthcare I do not want to give them any illnesses."
Bruce said and nodded.
"I think it will be hard to get everyone vaccinated though, I spoke with Miss Rozzo and she was not happy about the notice in the common room, not happy at all."
S7trif3 wrote:"Ah I see. Well, I work at a school, so they are particular about such things, I think mine are up to date."
Anja wrote:"I think the problems will be some of the older magi who are not used to vaccines, some like Miss Rozzo who seam to think they are from the devil an some of the Europeans they have far fewer vaccines and us and most European nations do not vaccinate healthy citizens against the flu. I heard our Chorister lady protest that Jane are up to date with the German system but not the American one for example."
Bruce said.
"But I guess the European program is good enough they are not more sick over there."
He nodded, "I'm not demanding everyone be fully vaccinated against everything - the European regimen, plus a few diseases more likely in this part of the world should be adequate. Miss Rozzo... is going to be a problem. Though, I might show her a few horror scenes from history, like seven children sharing a grave from the same measles or pertussis outbreak, or patients in iron lungs after polio, or any number of other consequences of vaccine-preventable diseases..."

Jeremy wrote:"Still need to find one in the first place. Which is easier said then done." Serge said with a sigh, as if sad for not possessing such talents. "But I guess their are people who specialize in finding stuff like that."
He grinned, "That's what magic is for; I suspect you should be able to filter through all the rules for a game and process them with far greater speed and accuracy than I am capable of, for example. What you would be looking for is the weird marginal cases that perhaps no-one has thought of yet."

S7trif3 wrote:He looked a bit confused, especially if they were clips from Flash Gordon, and then a touch faux-grumpy. "My beard is not that grown out yet..." he said after watching the clips. "I wonder if I can muster a good battle cry like that, though. I'll have to practice. What do you say, daybreak right in front of your door?"
He grinned, "I think my neighbours would complain about you, and I would already be out running, most likely..."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps we should try to avoid that then Colin."
The large Orphan said and he nodded.
"And do try to avoid jumping into Cauls."
Jeremy wrote:"But imagine if you could take that charisma and apply it to the crowds! Entrance an entire arena! Convince large swathes of people to our side. Rally the people! You could be the best singing politician in the world!" Serge said in an encouraging tone with stars in his eyes as he imagined Colin Wainwright, Rockstar President.
Anja wrote:Bruce looked at Serge and simply shook his head to try to stop the Cultist joking before he got to a point that would be uncomfortable for Colin but he said nothing.
S7trif3 wrote:"No jokes about that!" he said.
Jeremy wrote:Serge stopped when he saw the disapproving look from his cabalmate. He was smart enough to know when he was crossing a line...most of the time.
Anja wrote:Bruce gave you a grateful look and a slight nod, he did not say anything, if Colin wanted to explain that would be his story to tell but the large man was protective of his Cabalmates and did not want Colin to get uncomfortable.
He looked at Adley with a slightly strained expression, "Who's joking?"

S7trif3 wrote:"True enough."
Anja wrote:"I could do that as well, make a gun melt, without getting hot, I made a machine to do that a while ago but the problem is it ended up being to big to lug around but I still have it somewhere."
Bruce offered.
He arched an eyebrow, "Hum... I might be able to do something with that, actually; I've got an idea - but I'd have to see the machine first."

Jeremy wrote:"That's the spirit. Hard physical labor for fun little toys." Serge said with a smirk.
He arched an eyebrow, "First Adley is a tool, and now you're a little toy? This Cabal is getting stranger every day..."

Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded and got up out of his seat. "Guess that's my cue to leave as well. See ya Mr. Wainwright."

If nothing else was asked of him he would also exit the room.
Tane wrote:See you around, friend! I should get going, too. Alright, if there's nothing else, just text me when we have new plans, alright?
He nodded, "Very good; I will see you all later... And Mr. Karyak, how goes those formal apology letters?"
He paused for a moment, "Actually, Serge, I do believe we have some drawings to look at? If this is a convenient time for you, I've got the time to spare right now."

[Investigating Avatar Restoration, Cita's apartment]
Tane wrote:Tane had arranged a meeting with some of his cabalmates and Master Telar to put their atvances and ideas on how to make an avatar Un-Fallen. He had let Colin invite the others, since it was clear his own judgement was not to be followed.
Until that moment, tane had waited outside of Master Telar's workshop, although he had already knocked the door
Anja wrote:Master Telar did not have a workshop at Steelhaven as she do not really live at the Chantry but she have a guest room. Cita opened the door to her room when you knocked on the door.
"Mr Karyak please come in, I have put on some tea."
The spirit healer said, she had arranged some cups around the living room table and put a plate of cookies in the center.
"Please have a seat, I understood that you wanted to talk with me?"
Colin came along a little after Tane, and knocked softly on the door, bringing with him a set of notes he had made on Anna's future meditative progress, as well as a little baggie of sand.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:14 pm

He shrugged slightly, "Even so, with Magi, the concept of being at one's peak is seldom affected by actual years lived, or anything like that. If being open to learn while having wisdom and experience, spark and vigour were the prime criteria as you describe them, Lady Crexia Hermes Bani Tytalus would be the prime candidate. And she's an ancient Lich - an undead Archmage."

"That is a good point Colin, the Council of Nine re t their peak, there re more powerful magi in the Traditions but not that many, those guys are all Masters of several Spheres, as magi they are at their peak but most of them are also rather old and static...this Lady Crexia though sounds like she is a good leader."
Bruce said and he glanced at you.
"A real good leader."

He grinned, "To quote Mark Twain, 'I did not attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.' Yes, a sharp pen can destroy people far more completely than a mere sword..."

"And considering Miss Clearwater's situation our Scribe is not in a good mood and might be easy to anger."
The other Orphan said and grinned.

He nodded, "I'm not demanding everyone be fully vaccinated against everything - the European regimen, plus a few diseases more likely in this part of the world should be adequate. Miss Rozzo... is going to be a problem. Though, I might show her a few horror scenes from history, like seven children sharing a grave from the same measles or pertussis outbreak, or patients in iron lungs after polio, or any number of other consequences of vaccine-preventable diseases..."

"Yeah that might persuade her, at least something have to be done for Miss Rozzo is scaring the others, especially those with apprentices, she have been talking with Master Haagen quite a bit and is trying to talk him out of letting Cava and Mr Woodhouse get vaccinated, and I saw her talking with the Chief's apprentice, and after the serum was used on him I can imagine he might be a bit nervous, if Miss Rozzo continue she might be able to tal a large percentage of the Chantry out of accepting those vaccines not to mention the naturalists over at Riverside who we have quite a bit to do with."
Bruce said and frowned. If Serge where paying attention though he at least would know that with Kyle Bianca had not managed to talk him into dropping the vaccines as he had asked Serge to go with him, he was nervous and this embarrassed him so he did not want to ask his brother or the Chief for support for them not to think him weak so he had asked Serge. Bianca was scaring the other Mentors with young apprentices though, and a few of the others from not getting themselves protected.

He arched an eyebrow, "Hum... I might be able to do something with that, actually; I've got an idea - but I'd have to see the machine first."

"I can bring it to your workshop later if you want Colin, I was dropping by in any case I have to pick out something nice for my mother, her birthday is in a week."
"And a gentleman do not forget to bring flowers and a gift for his mother's birthday."

(Cita's room)

Colin came along a little after Tane, and knocked softly on the door, bringing with him a set of notes he had made on Anna's future meditative progress, as well as a little baggie of sand.

Cita excused herself from talking with Tane and went to the door to open the door.
"Ah Mr Wainwright please come in."
She said.
"I have made some tea but I can make coffee instead if you prefer."
The spirit healer offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:53 pm

Anja wrote:"That is a good point Colin, the Council of Nine re t their peak, there re more powerful magi in the Traditions but not that many, those guys are all Masters of several Spheres, as magi they are at their peak but most of them are also rather old and static...this Lady Crexia though sounds like she is a good leader."
Bruce said and he glanced at you.
"A real good leader."
Colin pondered, "I'm not so sure she would be a good leader on such a scale, though... While her skill, power and presence are indisputable, she might not have the empathy or patience needed for leadership. I think she is much happier left to pursue her own interests, and it would be unwise to disrupt her happiness."

Anja wrote:"And considering Miss Clearwater's situation our Scribe is not in a good mood and might be easy to anger."
The other Orphan said and grinned.
He nodded, "A dangerous proposition indeed."

Anja wrote:"Yeah that might persuade her, at least something have to be done for Miss Rozzo is scaring the others, especially those with apprentices, she have been talking with Master Haagen quite a bit and is trying to talk him out of letting Cava and Mr Woodhouse get vaccinated, and I saw her talking with the Chief's apprentice, and after the serum was used on him I can imagine he might be a bit nervous, if Miss Rozzo continue she might be able to tal a large percentage of the Chantry out of accepting those vaccines not to mention the naturalists over at Riverside who we have quite a bit to do with."
Bruce said and frowned. If Serge where paying attention though he at least would know that with Kyle Bianca had not managed to talk him into dropping the vaccines as he had asked Serge to go with him, he was nervous and this embarrassed him so he did not want to ask his brother or the Chief for support for them not to think him weak so he had asked Serge. Bianca was scaring the other Mentors with young apprentices though, and a few of the others from not getting themselves protected.
He nodded, "Definitely going to show her a few family funerals and the like... Perhaps I can get some help from some of the more senior members, too, who were around to see how Sleepers died by the dozens from diseases only a hundred years ago..."

Jeremy wrote:"Did that when I was studying. Could read through and memorize the important bits of an entire textbook while ignoring all the fluff." Serge said with a nod. "Never tried to process through game rules though."
He nodded, "Memorizing information is one thing, but making the connections - associating things and seeing the interactions, that's where you can find the force multipliers."

Anja wrote:"I can bring it to your workshop later if you want Colin, I was dropping by in any case I have to pick out something nice for my mother, her birthday is in a week."
"And a gentleman do not forget to bring flowers and a gift for his mother's birthday."
He smiled, "I think perhaps a brooch, I have a few with amethysts and topazes in stock right now."

Jeremy wrote:"Hm? Sure thing." Serge said sitting back down in his seat. "I have nothing else to do. What drawings did you want to look at? If it's a specific one, I may need to get my other sketchbooks from my room."
He smiled, getting out of his chair to fish down a notebook, "I did not have any specific of yours in mind - but rather, one of mine. You were curious about a certain ship, I believe? I drew up a copy of the original sketch; you might find the design of interest."
He opened the book to the right page and slid it across the table, showing the Heart of Horizon in flight over Horizon, a quite detailed drawing with only the slightest of shading.

Anja wrote:Cita excused herself from talking with Tane and went to the door to open the door.
"Ah Mr Wainwright please come in."
She said.
"I have made some tea but I can make coffee instead if you prefer."
He smiled, "Tea would be quite excellent, thank you. Mr. Karyak called a meeting, and I brought some relevant information gleaned from the coming years. You know more than me about Miss Florentine's approach, but I know a bit about a vampire's meditations to control their Beast, a technique that will help Anna... and i brought some ephemeral sand, too, for a closer examination."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:42 pm

He smiled, "Tea would be quite excellent, thank you. Mr. Karyak called a meeting, and I brought some relevant information gleaned from the coming years. You know more than me about Miss Florentine's approach, but I know a bit about a vampire's meditations to control their Beast, a technique that will help Anna... and i brought some ephemeral sand, too, for a closer examination."

"Well what little I know about Miss Florentine's approach, she have not been able to speak much as you well know."
Cita said as she poured tea for Colin and Tane before she sat down with her own tea cup.
"Ah yes the sand you got from the future version of your apprentice? I would love to have a look at it Mr Wainwright."
The spirit healer said as she leaned a bit forward.

Assuming it did not conflict with his work, he showed up as well toting the Umbral book that was written by Crexia under an arm along with his bag over a shoulder that looked overfull. He knocked on the door.

Cita opened the door for Adley and smiled.
"Ah do come in, I have some tea if you want or I can make some coffee."
She offered as she lead Adley into the living room where the others where gathered.

Colin pondered, "I'm not so sure she would be a good leader on such a scale, though... While her skill, power and presence are indisputable, she might not have the empathy or patience needed for leadership. I think she is much happier left to pursue her own interests, and it would be unwise to disrupt her happiness."

"You may be right about that, well she sounds like an interesting lady in either case."
Bruce said and smiled.

He nodded, "A dangerous proposition indeed."

Bruce just grinned at that.

He nodded, "Definitely going to show her a few family funerals and the like... Perhaps I can get some help from some of the more senior members, too, who were around to see how Sleepers died by the dozens from diseases only a hundred years ago..."

"Well the older magi might naturally be more skeptical to modern medicine since the Union made it, but yeah showing Miss Rozzo the realities of what she is preaching might be one thing that could change her mind and if that don't work, well I guess you can always challenge her to a duel."
Your Cabalmate said and frowned.

He smiled, "I think perhaps a brooch, I have a few with amethysts and topazes in stock right now."

"Yes that sounds lovely my mother would love a nice topaz brooch."
Bruce said and he nodded approvingly.

"I remember hearing about that as well. Bianca scaring not only the mentors, but anyone else who might be vulnerable to her persuasions." Serge said simply without going into further detail. "Perhaps reminding her about history would do her some good."

"Indeed and this should happen as soon as possible before she have a chance to convince to many others about her point of view."
Bruce agreed and frowned.

"Back in the day mages had lots of ways to heal without vaccines, but they were rather far between and not always willing to spare such on Sleepers. Still, it was normal for magii to use potions and magick to get things done. Germs weren't really thought of the same way they are now, either. Once the Technocrats solidified the idea of germs into people's minds, they also could use their solution to that, but it meant other ones like spells and potions for healing, or RIchard's medicine, didn't necessarily work on those principles anymore and fell far out of favor. So, lots of sleepers have vaccines in places like Europe or America. I can't fault that it's seemed to prevent a lot of things, but when a mage is two hundred years old I can see why they might be harder to convince."

"Yeah and I guess most think that Master Nassa can heal anything and for the most part that is true I have seen him heal injuries that modern medicine would be helpless against, and he can ward against illnesses to. I guess that for mages the point of vaccines are two things, sometimes the healer mess up and an illness or injury get stuck sort of, and Paradox which at times cause weakness and illness which can lead to other illnesses. It is not as important for us to be vaccinated as the general population since we have healers but with Colin's apprentice who can get sick and die, it is probably best to be on the safe side."
Bruce said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:54 am

"Good day, Master Telar. Please don't trouble yourself, tea is fine thank you." He walked in, and nodded to the others there as he found a seat. He put the bag down on the floor between his legs and settled the book on his knees. "Pardon if I'm a few moments late."

"It would be no trouble at all the machine is right there on the kitchen bench."
Cita said an smiled as she filled some tea for Adley.
"So let me know if you would like any coffee, I will make a pot before I head down to the basement to check on Beatrice anyway, Master Nassa probably want a cup and beside it will give me an excuse to stop on the way to see your Mentor."
The spirit healer said and she gave a little coy smile.
"Also you are not late the others just got here, so what should we discuss first?"
She asked as she sat back down, took a cookie and dipped it in her tea before eating it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:48 am

Anja wrote:"You may be right about that, well she sounds like an interesting lady in either case."
Bruce said and smiled.
Colin smiled, "You will get to meet her in person soon enough. And yes, she is."

Anja wrote:"Well the older magi might naturally be more skeptical to modern medicine since the Union made it, but yeah showing Miss Rozzo the realities of what she is preaching might be one thing that could change her mind and if that don't work, well I guess you can always challenge her to a duel."
Your Cabalmate said and frowned.
Jeremy wrote:"I remember hearing about that as well. Bianca scaring not only the mentors, but anyone else who might be vulnerable to her persuasions." Serge said simply without going into further detail. "Perhaps reminding her about history would do her some good."
Anja wrote:"Indeed and this should happen as soon as possible before she have a chance to convince to many others about her point of view."
Bruce agreed and frowned.
S7trif3 wrote:He frowned. "People should not be terrorized into making decisions."
Anja wrote:"Yeah and especially not the wrong decisions, vaccines will not make a kid autistic, and while there is a danger of side effects with all medicine, vaccines are generally safe. Now some spiritual communities say that they will not vaccinate their children for fear of their pineal glands calcifying, and given the Union that is the one thing I would worry about but the Sons of Ethers did a study back in the 90's working with the Order of Hermes where they logged how many unvaccinated apprentices Awakened versus those who where vaccinated and found no change between the test groups."
Bruce said and sigh.
"Adeptus Majora Gottschalk being worried several injections at once will scare her apprentice that is a legitimate concern, but what Miss Rozzo says just is not true and yes we can treat almost anything with magick except in some very few situations and vaccines will be for those few occasions."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Considering getting everyone else adequately vaccinated is quite literally a question of life and death for Anna, I do believe I shall give the idea of challenging Miss Rozzo to a duel some serious consideration. I believe Madame Gottschalk's objections will not pose a problem; I might be able to convince her to permit a few vaccines on top of the European program, to account for strains more widespread in New England, it would be a miniscule increase at most. Miss Rozzo's misinformation needs to be silenced, though."

S7trif3 wrote:"Back in the day mages had lots of ways to heal without vaccines, but they were rather far between and not always willing to spare such on Sleepers. Still, it was normal for magii to use potions and magick to get things done. Germs weren't really thought of the same way they are now, either. Once the Technocrats solidified the idea of germs into people's minds, they also could use their solution to that, but it meant other ones like spells and potions for healing, or RIchard's medicine, didn't necessarily work on those principles anymore and fell far out of favor. So, lots of sleepers have vaccines in places like Europe or America. I can't fault that it's seemed to prevent a lot of things, but when a mage is two hundred years old I can see why they might be harder to convince."
Anja wrote:"Yeah and I guess most think that Master Nassa can heal anything and for the most part that is true I have seen him heal injuries that modern medicine would be helpless against, and he can ward against illnesses to. I guess that for mages the point of vaccines are two things, sometimes the healer mess up and an illness or injury get stuck sort of, and Paradox which at times cause weakness and illness which can lead to other illnesses. It is not as important for us to be vaccinated as the general population since we have healers but with Colin's apprentice who can get sick and die, it is probably best to be on the safe side."
Bruce said and sigh.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, there are still some reasons why a consensus approved vaccine are useful even for us, though it may chafe somewhat knowing it came from Technocrats."
Anja wrote:"Naturally trust do not flow easily between us and the Technocracy, but yeah some of what they make are useful, I like my computer and my washing machine and vaccines also fall into the category of useful."
The Artificer said and nodded.
"Well we are going to have to have a talk with Miss Rozzo but until the Deacons force her to stop preaching all we can do is try to convince her."
He nodded, "Right, I will have a few words with Master Steelhaven, Chief Morgan and Master Nassa, at least... Master Sharaya is probably quite on board with vaccinations as it is, and Master O'Connor... views things a little differently, and can't be vaccinated with the normal equipment in any case..."

Anja wrote:"Yes that sounds lovely my mother would love a nice topaz brooch."
Bruce said and he nodded approvingly.
He nodded, "I'll set a couple aside - I think I have three different designs in right now, unless one has been sold."

S7trif3 wrote:"Good point, I'll have to catch you on your run then. When I'm better."
He grinned, "Eighth Protocol, Amicus. Remember the Eighth Protocol."

S7trif3 wrote:"Amicus...do not make me punch you in my condition, I might injure both of us. Right before I had a heart attack and my hair turns fully white and falls out."
He nodded, eye twitching slightly at the idea of trying to perform on stage for a crowd.

S7trif3 wrote:"To be fair, I think we've been strange."
He nodded, "We've certainly made our efforts."

Jeremy wrote:Serge took the drawing and looked over it with a careful eye, taking in all of the details. "God this looks so cool. Like a giant space ship. You flew in this thing?"
He shook his head, "Not that I recall, no - when i saw her like that, I was piloting a small fighter craft, a dart-shaped fighter that had been, hm, expropriated from the Technocracy. Well, future tense, really, but that's not really here nor there. The ship I was on just before that was the Shara, a support ship for Horizon's zeppelin fleet to extend their operational range... hum, those support ships aren't built yet, either... i wonder if the Admiral has made plans for them yet?"

Anja wrote:"Well what little I know about Miss Florentine's approach, she have not been able to speak much as you well know."
Cita said as she poured tea for Colin and Tane before she sat down with her own tea cup.
"Ah yes the sand you got from the future version of your apprentice? I would love to have a look at it Mr Wainwright."
The spirit healer said as she leaned a bit forward.
He nodded, "That's why I brought it along. And I have good hopes Miss Florentine will be recovering soon; I'm working on translating a ritual to summon a Psychopomp to help with that, too... it's a bit complicated, though, and it obviously hasn't been done in some time..."

S7trif3 wrote:Assuming it did not conflict with his work, he showed up as well toting the Umbral book that was written by Crexia under an arm along with his bag over a shoulder that looked overfull. He knocked on the door.
Anja wrote:Cita opened the door for Adley and smiled.
"Ah do come in, I have some tea if you want or I can make some coffee."
She offered as she lead Adley into the living room where the others where gathered.
S7trif3 wrote:"Good day, Master Telar. Please don't trouble yourself, tea is fine thank you." He walked in, and nodded to the others there as he found a seat. He put the bag down on the floor between his legs and settled the book on his knees. "Pardon if I'm a few moments late."
Anja wrote:"It would be no trouble at all the machine is right there on the kitchen bench."
Cita said an smiled as she filled some tea for Adley.
"So let me know if you would like any coffee, I will make a pot before I head down to the basement to check on Beatrice anyway, Master Nassa probably want a cup and beside it will give me an excuse to stop on the way to see your Mentor."
The spirit healer said and she gave a little coy smile.
"Also you are not late the others just got here, so what should we discuss first?"
She asked as she sat back down, took a cookie and dipped it in her tea before eating it.
He nodded, "Adley, good to see you... If you've got the time afterwards, I could use an extra head for the work on the Psychopomp ritual."

((OOC: Huzzah, the forum lives again!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:33 pm

Colin smiled, "You will get to meet her in person soon enough. And yes, she is."

"I am looking forward to it."
Bruce said and smiled.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Considering getting everyone else adequately vaccinated is quite literally a question of life and death for Anna, I do believe I shall give the idea of challenging Miss Rozzo to a duel some serious consideration. I believe Madame Gottschalk's objections will not pose a problem; I might be able to convince her to permit a few vaccines on top of the European program, to account for strains more widespread in New England, it would be a miniscule increase at most. Miss Rozzo's misinformation needs to be silenced, though."

"I doubt Miss Rozzo will refuse a challenge for a duel, to do so would be to loose face, only Duel Thanathos can be refused without admitting loss, the question is finding the right method to duel. Adeptus Majora Gottschalk might be persuaded, if Jane agrees, she is a stern Mentor but I doubt she will be willing to force the girl, then again Jane have been hanging around Richard quite a bit lately, telling everyone she want to be a doctor when she grows up so she might be persuaded. Master Haagen might be a harder sell, Cava was sort of just placed with him, bought as a gift in order for us to be able to get her blood, he have not had time to get the kid to trust him and he will be concerned about scaring her."
Bruce said and nodded.
"Which is a valid concern and now with Miss Rozzo's preaching he might refuse both of his apprentices to get protected, Arn after all while adult is still under his care as his apprentice."

He nodded, "Right, I will have a few words with Master Steelhaven, Chief Morgan and Master Nassa, at least... Master Sharaya is probably quite on board with vaccinations as it is, and Master O'Connor... views things a little differently, and can't be vaccinated with the normal equipment in any case..."

"Actually Master O'Connor have agreed or so I would think as Richard asked me to turn some of the needed equipment to silver for him, there would be few other reasons to ask such a favor, what she think about it though is hard to say. Master Sharaya are probably on board with getting the Chantry members vaccinated but the older Deacons, now that might be a harder sell."
The Artificer said and sigh.

He nodded, "I'll set a couple aside - I think I have three different designs in right now, unless one has been sold."

"Wonderful thank you, my mother said she had gotten a new coat, pale brown wool, so amethyst might look good on that, I will drop by later in the day and pic one out."
Bruce said and nodded.

He nodded, "That's why I brought it along. And I have good hopes Miss Florentine will be recovering soon; I'm working on translating a ritual to summon a Psychopomp to help with that, too... it's a bit complicated, though, and it obviously hasn't been done in some time..."

"f one can be summoned it would be...beautiful, they are fascinating creatures."
Cita sai and her eyes lit up with excitement.
"I can attemnt the transfer on my own and I think it will work, though I fear that if I do then Miss Florentine and Master Nassa will remain twin souls for the rest of their lives and as seen with Miss Larson, being twin souls with someone have it's dangers. Anyway whatever resources you need to have the book translated, let me know and I will pay it."

(OOC: Indeed we are baaaaaaack!)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:40 pm

"I didn't know there was a test on the stuff. The serum is different and one can see why it does what it does but I suppose it is always wise to check on such things."

"Yeah the serum is something else, and the way I understand it from Colin that do harm, but yes vaccines was examines the results where written about in the Paradigma, you should be able to request the article from their archive if you are interested."
Bruce said and nodded.

"We honestly don't have time to sidetracked by nonsense. Sorry I don't mean Anna's safety is nonsense, of course but the misinformation campaign is quite frustrating to have to deal with on top of everything else." He sighed. "A duel doesn't /have/ to be one of strength or fitness of reflexes, it could be one of the mind. Since she is perpetuating an idea of things, then what if the duel was more of a debate? Then people could decide whom they believed...she is scaring people, we need to countermand that."

"If you challenge Miss Ruzzo to a debate before the Deacon Council Colin no one can accuse you of choosing a biased arena since they are elder magi and might be more inclined to accept er worldview then yours, and yet that will make it harder for her to refuse."
Bruce said.

"Yes, it is old fashioned. The rule was in place when people could be property and children thought to belong to their parens. It was a bit of a...loophole that was necessary but thankfully we hope things will turn out well for everyone, it was not the most desirable way to get what needed to be done accomplished." He frowned, thinking of Cecelia too.

"It might be on a whole a undesirable law and one that need updates but in this case I doubt it will do harm, Master Haagen are sure to treat his young apprentice kindly."
Your Cabalmate commented.

I'm wholeheartedly trying to give a choice, not prey on the weak, but i know full well how this sounds. I just want the most needing people to get the treatment first, if there's a chance of succes.

"Well there is a difference between getting the most needed people a treatment first and experimenting and testing out theories on those in to desperate a situation to say no Mr Karyak for unless you have a method you KNOW is safe, that is what you are doing."
Bruce said and frowned.

I belive that with will and respect that can be done. Maybe a council with representatives in the areas we mostly need could work. the quid of the question is to preserve the usefulness of the direction and make it maleable, before creating monolithic figures of authority. That's my thought. It can be wrong, but i belive that's the way to go, even if we can't agree. I'm not impossing either.

"You can not lead a large organization like this Mr Kayak it would be chaos as soon as the various leaders did not agree, I would rather have one, imperfect leader than a squabbelig henhouse."
The Orphan said flatly.

In any case, we don't need to have the full answer, just enough proof of advancement that it can be accomplished to justify Cadence and the others to remain alive and complete.

"Well you are in a bit of a bind there Mr Karyak, how do you plan on getting said proof without testing your theory? And getting to the point where it can be tested will probably take years and that is longer than Miss Clearwater have."
Bruce asked doubtfully.

[Investigating Avatar Restoration, Cita's Apartment]

He gave a little smile. "Well, if you intend on making some anyway, then yes I would like some when you get around to it. But tea is also fine." He saw the cookies too and his face summed up his thoughts on the matter as he took a few, 'oooh! Cookies.'

"Ah yes do enjoy, I am afraid they are store bought though I could not bake to save my life."
Cita said and grinned and she went to put on the coffee maker.

As important is where and why did they go..."

"I have asked several spirits this question but none of them have any idea where the Psycopomps are."
Cita said and frowned.
"One guess is that they left due to Paradox but no one knows for sure."

Thank you, Cita. I made Scones Tane said with a smile after a friendly hug

The little Virtual Adept looked a bit surprised at being hugged but she did not comment on it.
"Ah that is thoughtful of you, there are plates in the cabinet over there, you can put the scones on one."
She said and pointed to a kitchen cabinet.

Yeah, i wanted to talk to you and with some of my cabalmates. I'm trying to investigate ways to return nephandic avatars to their original state, or at least a free them of corruption.
We have been conducting various investigations, and we should unify our researchs. I wanted you to be present, because you're the most knowledgeable of us and can guide us.

Cita nodded at that.
"Well removing Jhor or corruption is possible, a complicated working yes but possible but this will not change that their Avatars are Fallen I am afraid. Combining our knowledge can surely be useful though."
She agreed.

I too belive that can change shortly, if we succed. Tane said, undecisive There are news and i need to talk about them with all of you, too.

"What are these news Tane?"
Cita asked as she was preparing coffee.

Ah, i understand then that you are all aware of Master Nassa's lady shard beckoning for Miss Florentine. Well, once that's done, then, we can have a little more clue on how to actually cleanse an avatar. I hope her recovery, both spiritual and psicological after that intervention is swift.

"Well we can hope but it is not likely to be, remember Miss Florentine have spent years in a hellish condition after suffering the greatest trauma known to man, her getting a new Avatar will not be like flipping a switch and then she will be okey, it will take time to help her to slowly recover and in fact for a while after this is done, if we are successful she might be in a greater risk of suicide than ever, right now she is to depressed to act, but once she gets a little better she might be able to act on her despair before she learn that there is hope. No Mr Karyak Mr Florentine is not likely to have a swift recovery but with a new Avatar eventually she have a chance to start living and growing again."
Cita said with a concerned frown.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:56 am

Tane wrote:I'm wholeheartedly trying to give a choice, not prey on the weak, but i know full well how this sounds. I just want the most needing people to get the treatment first, if there's a chance of succes.
Anja wrote:"Well there is a difference between getting the most needed people a treatment first and experimenting and testing out theories on those in to desperate a situation to say no Mr Karyak for unless you have a method you KNOW is safe, that is what you are doing."
Bruce said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Quite so; there's a very good reason human trials only take place after years of simulations and animal testing in medical research, which is essentially what you are discussing."

Tane wrote:I belive that with will and respect that can be done. Maybe a council with representatives in the areas we mostly need could work. the quid of the question is to preserve the usefulness of the direction and make it maleable, before creating monolithic figures of authority. That's my thought. It can be wrong, but i belive that's the way to go, even if we can't agree. I'm not impossing either.
Tane wrote:"You can not lead a large organization like this Mr Kayak it would be chaos as soon as the various leaders did not agree, I would rather have one, imperfect leader than a squabbelig henhouse."
The Orphan said flatly.
He nodded, "What you are describing is essentially how the Roman Republic broke down - separate leaders with different ideas about how to do things, working at cross purposes... No, the Council structure we have today is the best compromise - though the actual leaders would probably be wisely cycled out a little more frequently."

Tane wrote:Open to learn and lust for knowledge are two different things. Even so, if she proves herself time and time again, then she can maintain herself in the ideal shape for the charge. But, truth is, that would be difficult for it would ask for constant proof of her capabilities, not only based on her past glories.
He nodded, "From what I know of her, she is quite adept at keeping herself in a learning mindset; I do, however, not think she would make a good leader on account of thoroughly not enjoying the task."

Tane wrote:In any case, we don't need to have the full answer, just enough proof of advancement that it can be accomplished to justify Cadence and the others to remain alive and complete.
Anja wrote:"Well you are in a bit of a bind there Mr Karyak, how do you plan on getting said proof without testing your theory? And getting to the point where it can be tested will probably take years and that is longer than Miss Clearwater have."
Bruce asked doubtfully.
He shook his head, "It is, unfortunately, too likely to be a fruitless time sink in regards to how much time we have to save Miss Clearwater. But after that, we may be able to get some more help and resources to pursue such research."

S7trif3 wrote:"I didn't know there was a test on the stuff. The serum is different and one can see why it does what it does but I suppose it is always wise to check on such things."
Anja wrote:"Yeah the serum is something else, and the way I understand it from Colin that do harm, but yes vaccines was examines the results where written about in the Paradigma, you should be able to request the article from their archive if you are interested."
Bruce said and nodded.
He nodded, "The serum does have... nasty side effects with extended use, yes. You don't want that."

Jeremy wrote:"A duel? Well that's certainly a way to convince someone. And if Bianca truly wants to stand by what she says she'll probably accept." Serge said agreeing with Bruce. "But yeah, like Bruce said, what kind of duel though? Don't most duels with Verbana involve knives?"
Anja wrote:"Duels between Verbena yes but Colin is not a member of the Verbena, off course if he where to challenge Miss Rozzo to a fight with knives then it would be even harder for her to refuse as it would be assumed she have an advantage but when members of different Traditions duel a form have to be agreed on, it would for example be unfair if you where to challenge Jon to a duel and he insisted on a Virtual Adept Core War as you would have no way to perform such a duel."
Bruce explained.
S7trif3 wrote:"We honestly don't have time to sidetracked by nonsense. Sorry I don't mean Anna's safety is nonsense, of course but the misinformation campaign is quite frustrating to have to deal with on top of everything else." He sighed. "A duel doesn't /have/ to be one of strength or fitness of reflexes, it could be one of the mind. Since she is perpetuating an idea of things, then what if the duel was more of a debate? Then people could decide whom they believed...she is scaring people, we need to countermand that."
Anja wrote:"If you challenge Miss Ruzzo to a debate before the Deacon Council Colin no one can accuse you of choosing a biased arena since they are elder magi and might be more inclined to accept er worldview then yours, and yet that will make it harder for her to refuse."
Bruce said.
He nodded, "A debate before the Deacon Council might be a good choice. I was briefly entertaining the Battle of Wits from the Princess Bride, though that might be a little extreme..."

Anja wrote:"I doubt Miss Rozzo will refuse a challenge for a duel, to do so would be to loose face, only Duel Thanathos can be refused without admitting loss, the question is finding the right method to duel. Adeptus Majora Gottschalk might be persuaded, if Jane agrees, she is a stern Mentor but I doubt she will be willing to force the girl, then again Jane have been hanging around Richard quite a bit lately, telling everyone she want to be a doctor when she grows up so she might be persuaded. Master Haagen might be a harder sell, Cava was sort of just placed with him, bought as a gift in order for us to be able to get her blood, he have not had time to get the kid to trust him and he will be concerned about scaring her."
Bruce said and nodded.
"Which is a valid concern and now with Miss Rozzo's preaching he might refuse both of his apprentices to get protected, Arn after all while adult is still under his care as his apprentice."
Jeremy wrote:"Cava was what?" Serge said with a raised eyebrow. "Regardless of the many things I don't know, Cava and Jane are good friends. If she sees Jane agreeing to get vaccinated she'll probably be willing to do so as well. So Master Haagan won't have to worry about scaring her."
Anja wrote:"From what I heard, and mind you this are rumors, Cava was related to one of the higher ups in the Labyrinth and so her blood where a arcane connection to this person. Master Morgan feared that the Hermetics who had her apprenticed in a sort of school for their first degrees might be compromised and so they needed a pretense to get her here where a sample of her blood could be collected without raising any red flags, so Master Morgan bought her from one of the other Chantries in the city and presented her to Master Haagen as a gift."
Bruce said and frowned.
"By Hermetic law apprentices are property and they can be bought and sold like any other magickal resource."
He said and sigh.
"Well having a friend agreeing to the vaccines might help but depending on what vaccinations Cava have already it can end up with several shots which probably will make a five year old nervous but I am sure she can be reassured, I am more concerned with Master Haagen outright refusing than for the kid."
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, it is old fashioned. The rule was in place when people could be property and children thought to belong to their parens. It was a bit of a...loophole that was necessary but thankfully we hope things will turn out well for everyone, it was not the most desirable way to get what needed to be done accomplished." He frowned, thinking of Cecelia too.
Anja wrote:"It might be on a whole a undesirable law and one that need updates but in this case I doubt it will do harm, Master Haagen are sure to treat his young apprentice kindly."
Your Cabalmate commented.
He nodded, "Cava is Wallace Jace. More accurately, she is a clone of him, of some sort, though as far as I can gather her life, mind and Avatar are not bound to his as would be the case of the Mage's Child. Though, we will want to make sure of that - haven't quite had the time to think of that before now; damn... As for Master Haagen, I do believe I can convince him with little difficulty."

Anja wrote:"Actually Master O'Connor have agreed or so I would think as Richard asked me to turn some of the needed equipment to silver for him, there would be few other reasons to ask such a favor, what she think about it though is hard to say. Master Sharaya are probably on board with getting the Chantry members vaccinated but the older Deacons, now that might be a harder sell."
The Artificer said and sigh.
He nodded, "That's a little unexpected, I will admit, but welcome news all the same. Perhaps Master O'Connor glimpsed a few possible futures and decided she did not like the unvaccinated outcomes..."

S7trif3 wrote:"If they can take this Brian Blessed fellow then I think I'm fairly safe most of the time," he said, smiling a bit when he called him 'friend.'
He grinned, "BRIAN BLESSED has the advantage of not being a Mage, I believe - though, I would not be entirely surprised if he has something in his family tree that is a little more than human. He's certainly one of those great adventurous souls that are far larger than life."

S7trif3 wrote:"Don't worry, I wouldn't let them do that to you."
He nodded, shuddering slightly.

Anja wrote:"Wonderful thank you, my mother said she had gotten a new coat, pale brown wool, so amethyst might look good on that, I will drop by later in the day and pic one out."
Bruce said and nodded."Wonderful thank you, my mother said she had gotten a new coat, pale brown wool, so amethyst might look good on that, I will drop by later in the day and pic one out."
Bruce said and nodded.
He nodded, "Very well, I'll make my way down to the shop later, then - perhaps stay open half an hour late or so."

Tane wrote:Oh, i have them here, but i don't know if you'd approve of them he said handing them to Colin. They were formally written, as asked. They asked for forgiveness on his past wrongdoings but justified himself pointing out his reasons and point of view of the encounters.
He skimmed the letters, scratched his cheek lightly, then nodded, "Well, they come across as sincere, at least... You will still be expected to owe Master Dupuis a favour as well, to smooth things over in regards to our standing with his Chantry. Though you will probably not be allowed on a tactical team with him again, he might find it prudent to employ your skills all the same."

Jeremy wrote:"I wouldn't know. But he probably has some sort of plans in place." Serge said absentmindedly as he paid more attention to the drawing, flipping to a new page in his notepad and beginning to draw his own version based off what he saw in front of him. "So there's just a bunch of ship's like these? And you've already been in two...lucky. Did you get into any umbral plane battles or were they peaceful journey's?"
S7trif3 wrote:"This is time shenanigan stuff again," he said, finishing the water.
He smiled wryly, "As Adley said, time shenanigans. And the Admiral is a woman; an eminently capable strategist, tactician and engineer, heir apparent to the current leader of the Etherites. And the Heart of Horizon is unique; its equal might never be built... but that's a story for another day. There are far more than a handful of Umbra Ships, though; they are costly to make, but relatively few are in private hands. They're rather comparable to mundane aircraft; there are plenty of them, but most belong to the military, with airline companies in second place, and a very few owned by individuals."

Tane wrote:The little Virtual Adept looked a bit surprised at being hugged but she did not comment on it.
"Ah that is thoughtful of you, there are plates in the cabinet over there, you can put the scones on one."
She said and pointed to a kitchen cabinet.
He arched an eyebrow and smiled wryly, "Careful, Tane, such uninvited gestures of affection might lead to a security problem..."

Tane wrote:That's most useful, Colin. Thanks.
He grinned, "Feel free to touch the sand. I'll give you a light poke if you get lost in thought for too long."

Tane wrote:I too belive that can change shortly, if we succed. Tane said, undecisive There are news and i need to talk about them with all of you, too.
Tane wrote:"What are these news Tane?"
Cita asked as she was preparing coffee.
He arched an eyebrow, "Indeed, news sounds interesting... and perhaps worrying?"

S7trif3 wrote:"Certainly. I would like a look at it, myself."
Anja wrote:"f one can be summoned it would be...beautiful, they are fascinating creatures."
Cita sai and her eyes lit up with excitement.
"I can attemnt the transfer on my own and I think it will work, though I fear that if I do then Miss Florentine and Master Nassa will remain twin souls for the rest of their lives and as seen with Miss Larson, being twin souls with someone have it's dangers. Anyway whatever resources you need to have the book translated, let me know and I will pay it."
S7trif3 wrote:"As important is where and why did they go..."
Anja wrote:"I have asked several spirits this question but none of them have any idea where the Psycopomps are."
Cita said and frowned.
He nodded, "The translation can be done in-house; the Latin is a little archaic, and I can't read the other languages myself, but i think between Adley, myself, and Chief Morgan and Mr. Riez, we should have all the bases covered. The really tricky bit, I think, will be finding the appropriate items for the ritual; I'm struggling with a few... esoteric terms that might be commonplace things under a different name, or things that people haven't used since the time of the Crusades..."

Tane wrote:Ah, i understand then that you are all aware of Master Nassa's lady shard beckoning for Miss Florentine. Well, once that's done, then, we can have a little more clue on how to actually cleanse an avatar. I hope her recovery, both spiritual and psicological after that intervention is swift.
Anja wrote:"Well we can hope but it is not likely to be, remember Miss Florentine have spent years in a hellish condition after suffering the greatest trauma known to man, her getting a new Avatar will not be like flipping a switch and then she will be okey, it will take time to help her to slowly recover and in fact for a while after this is done, if we are successful she might be in a greater risk of suicide than ever, right now she is to depressed to act, but once she gets a little better she might be able to act on her despair before she learn that there is hope. No Mr Karyak Mr Florentine is not likely to have a swift recovery but with a new Avatar eventually she have a chance to start living and growing again."
Cita said with a concerned frown.
He frowned, "Master Nassa's lady is a complete Avatar, not a mere shard. And I think perhaps the aid of a Psychopomp will make it far easier for her to come quickly to terms with her new Gift... but that's not even remotely suggesting she'll get over the trauma anytime soon."

Tane wrote:Sorry to meddle, but that is another thing i wanted to talk with you too.
He looked up from his cup of tea, "Do go on?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:30 am

He shook his head, "It is, unfortunately, too likely to be a fruitless time sink in regards to how much time we have to save Miss Clearwater. But after that, we may be able to get some more help and resources to pursue such research."

"The question is are there anything that can be argued to make the Council spare Miss Clearwater?"
Bruce said and frowned.
"She is a full Nephanus after all."

He nodded, "The serum does have... nasty side effects with extended use, yes. You don't want that."

"Yeah I would not what that serum used on me, shit but the stuff look like green snot."
Bruce said with disgust in his eyes.

He nodded, "A debate before the Deacon Council might be a good choice. I was briefly entertaining the Battle of Wits from the Princess Bride, though that might be a little extreme..."

"A debate might be easier to sell before the Deacon Council than something from a fantasy movie and it would probably be considered more fair."
The Artificer commented.

He nodded, "Cava is Wallace Jace. More accurately, she is a clone of him, of some sort, though as far as I can gather her life, mind and Avatar are not bound to his as would be the case of the Mage's Child. Though, we will want to make sure of that - haven't quite had the time to think of that before now; damn... As for Master Haagen, I do believe I can convince him with little difficulty."

"Cava is a clone of Wallace Jace, part of me is horrified and part o me is impressed by theman's former abilities, I hear his meeting with Horizon was rather...final."
"Well perhaps if the girl can be convinced as well I doubt Master Haagen will want to hold his apprentice down for it though I guess at times you have to do just that."

He nodded, "That's a little unexpected, I will admit, but welcome news all the same. Perhaps Master O'Connor glimpsed a few possible futures and decided she did not like the unvaccinated outcomes..."

"I have no idea why the Deaconess O'Conner have agreedto the vaccinations she might have seen something or she might have agreed to it because her unicorn said so, but it do appear like she did."
The Artificer said and shrugged.

He nodded, "Very well, I'll make my way down to the shop later, then - perhaps stay open half an hour late or so."

"Very well that works for me, thank you Colin."
Your Cabalmate said and smiled.

"But man, wouldn't that be a power move. Challenging and beating a Verbana in a knife fight. She'd have to concede defeat and give up what she's doing." Serge said with a sigh. "But I get what your saying. Unless Mr. Wainwright had some low key hidden knife skills challenging her to a knife fight probably isn't the smarted idea."

"It would be a power move however if it do not work out and Colin is not good enough with a nife then he will have his ass handed to him by a teenage girl which is less of a power move, for a debate though that is where Colin shines and no one can claim it is nto fair as Miss Rozzo is also given a chance to put forth her views."
Bruce said with a slight grin.
"What to make bets on who will win kid?"

"A one on one debate is where Mr. Wainwright shines right? That sounds like the perfect duel for this kind of thing. Even if he doesn't convince the Deacon council outright he can still convince a load of other people to the other side." Serge agreed, although he secretly wanted to see that knife fight.

"Sometimes hard, ingrained beliefs can be hard to change but indeed a debate might change the mind of others who hear it, including those at Riverside if we invite them...so that might add to the herd immunity even if it might be hard to get Miss Rozzo herself to accept vaccines."
Bruce agreed.

"Cava...was related to....no was....Wal-what!" Serge said in a voice of disbelief and the tiniest hint of anger. Flashes of the fae Deaconess and a thorn-hearted girl in a flower field flowed through his head, but he quickly brushed them aside. Even if that was what the Deaconess was referring to, now wasn't the time to decipher old riddles.

"She seemed like a normal girl. I would've never guessed."

"Cava is a normal girl, it is not her fault she was created as a clone, and I guess that if everything that made Wallace Jace go down the wrong path happens to her that might bring her down a dangerous road as well but if she is raised well she will be a sweet kid but with his talent."
Bruce said.
"How she came into being should not be held against her."

"I don't think convincing Master Haagan will be too hard, especially if Mr. Wainwright does it. He wants what's best for his apprentices and if we can get him to see past the fear-mongering I'm sure he'll turn around."

"Well what seamed to worry him the post was the number of vaccines, Miss Rozzo spoke of the percentage of kids traumatized by multiple injections but perhaps we can alliviate his fear that this will scare his apprentice, is there any chance you can offer to make the kid sleep for ten minutes so she can just have a nice drem and experience noting of it that might make Master Haagen more willing to listen."
Bruce said.
"I know that if I had an apprentice, especially a child I would be concerned over several inections at once I remember how much they sucked when I was a kid, one shot is over in a secon but five...I remember those doctor's visits, if that can be made easier on the kid it would be a good idea, for Jane to I guess if that is what it takes to convince her Mentor."

"Comparable to mundane aircraft? Boo...their suppose to be giant cool magickal magick ships." Serge said with a chuckle, as he ripped off a page in his notepad and placed it next to the diagram on the table. The ship, he drew was remarkably similar to the one on the table, except Serge had felt the need to decorate it considerably. The new drawing had expressive decals on the outside of the ship and had extra wings and thrusters in aesthetically pleasing but aerodynamically inefficient places.

"Many of them are like spaceships that travel the spirit world, others look like old frigates or other designs, while some of them are simple and utilitarian."
Bruce said and smiled.
"Some of them are big but as Primium are hard to make most of them are somewhat small."

He arched an eyebrow and smiled wryly, "Careful, Tane, such uninvited gestures of affection might lead to a security problem..."

Cita said nothing but it was clear that she was not used to such signs of affection and especially not from someone she had known a few days, no matter how impressed she was with Tane's abilities.

He grinned, "Feel free to touch the sand. I'll give you a light poke if you get lost in thought for too long."

Cita hesitated then she gently opened the bag of sand an touched it, there was a slight smile on her face.
"My wrists still ache from the Primium cuffs had had worn in the cell, but I don't care, I stand at the view screen of the Mesopotamia, seeing the Umbra for the first time, seeing spirits. The Void Engineers saved me just before my planned execution, and where the other Technocrats would kill me for my abilities with spirit they appreciate it, the woman at my side are going to be my new teacher, she is kind and warm as she shows me the wonders of the Umbra as the ship leaves earth, for the first time since I was arrested I feel...safe, I have direction, I am a Void Engineer now and I will no longer have to hide what I can do."
She whispered softly then she looked at you for a moment.
"Well now that is a very old memory."
The spirit healer said as she removed her fingers from the sand.

He nodded, "The translation can be done in-house; the Latin is a little archaic, and I can't read the other languages myself, but i think between Adley, myself, and Chief Morgan and Mr. Riez, we should have all the bases covered. The really tricky bit, I think, will be finding the appropriate items for the ritual; I'm struggling with a few... esoteric terms that might be commonplace things under a different name, or things that people haven't used since the time of the Crusades..."

"Get me a list of what is needed Mr Wainwright and I will see what I can find on Horizon."
Cita offered.

He frowned, "Master Nassa's lady is a complete Avatar, not a mere shard. And I think perhaps the aid of a Psychopomp will make it far easier for her to come quickly to terms with her new Gift... but that's not even remotely suggesting she'll get over the trauma anytime soon."

"We are going to have to see, though perhaps we should try to get the help of oh...I think her name slips my mind but the Cultist psychiatrist that live in Boston, to help Susannah recover faster."
The spirit healer suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:27 am

"The reasons the Traditions came together is sound, there is already the Council of Nine. I do not disagree there could be some work done to improve the current system, but stripping it wholesale will simply give the Nephandi and the Technocracy all the leeway they need to eradicate us."

"Exactly what the Traditions give us is safety in numbers and without a strng central leadership that is not going to count for much, hell even in smaller units like a Cabal I prefer to have one leader, not to act as a tyrant but to help sort out disputes and make the har choices when they have to be ade but for smaller groups softer forms of leadership can work but for a society, no I do not think that would work."

"If we're to convince anyone, we are going to need to be standing on very solid ground on the matter. It is harder in her case, as she is a full Nephandus, whether we wish it or not, or whether she wishes it or not. It limits our time but we do need to have an answer."

Cita nodded at that and she sigh.
"I am afraid it do not look good, even with Colin's apprentice Anna she would have been sentenced to Gilgul if she had not been so physically weak that trying to enact such a traumatic punishment would likely kill her during the ritual and then you would have a wounded, angry Avatar pulled from the Host an now freed from it to deal with and nobody want that."
The spirit healer said.
"So she is spared but just that she is a child and where lured into joining the Nephandi as a kid would not be enough, unless we have something solid to present the Council with they will not spare Cadence Clearwater, and adult who joined the Fallen."

As for Ms Florintine, I have occasionally been able to communicate via sign language with her, I'm very slow and limited but she at least responded. Sometimes she is more present than others, but I will continue to see if she will speak with me."As for myself...I suspect that sometimes, if the reason they went through the caul was to save another, and if they were given a good upbringing, there may be some way to help them. Aside from what we suspect relating to Ms Florintine," he said carefully, "there have been other bits and pieces, but it has yet to come together for me. The last one is this book on the Umbra..." he held it up, the spine showing it was written by Lady Crexia. "If we're going to talk about anything more sensitive in a concrete fashion than that though, the room might need to be sealed."

"I think that if you have managed to communicate with Miss Florentine Mr Roth Hicks then those attempts should continue you might be able to get something useful out of her. Well we do know a few cases where we know that someone have Fallen to attempt to save others and their widderslaintes have been able to resist their destructive urges but I am not sure we have enough examples to draw a conclusion Mr Roth Hicks."
Cita said then she nodded.
"Yes the room should be sealed, should you do so or shall I?"
The Virtual Adepts asked.

He listned to Cita as she related her memory, one eyebrow raised. It was one thing to know that she was a former Technocrat, another to hear the moment she became one as if it were happening right then. "I would like to see this sand also, Colin as I've not really got the chance. Can you tell us more about where it comes from?" he asked, wanting to make sure he had the whole story of it.

"I was a Void Engineer in the Union Mr Roth Hicks not a Virtual Adept."
Cita admitted.
"But I was a personal friend of Rodger Zachery, and when the Adepts left, knowing I had become disillusioned with the Union he sent me a communication inviting me to join the exodus and I accepted, he initiated me into the Virtual Adepts that first day that we ran so I am fully legal, I was a full member of the the Virtual Adepts when we accepted Dr Spence's amnesty, in case you where worried about it."
The spirit healer explained.

"Avatars were not always experienced the same way as they are now by their hosts, perhaps that plays a role as well?"

"I have had a chance to examine a few Founts belonging to senior magi, and they truly behave and function much differently than an Avatar."
Cita commented.

He frowned. "Yes, she will need help...it will take time for her to recover."

"Yes I can not even imagine the poor girl's suffering, it will not be a easy road to recovery for her."
The Virtual Adept said softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:56 pm

(sorry I forgot to repost into this thread, this goes in before Anja's reply above it)

I belive that with will and respect that can be done. Maybe a council with representatives in the areas we mostly need could work. the quid of the question is to preserve the usefulness of the direction and make it maleable, before creating monolithic figures of authority. That's my thought. It can be wrong, but i belive that's the way to go, even if we can't agree. I'm not impossing either.

"The reasons the Traditions came together is sound, there is already the Council of Nine. I do not disagree there could be some work done to improve the current system, but stripping it wholesale will simply give the Nephandi and the Technocracy all the leeway they need to eradicate us."

He grinned, "BRIAN BLESSED has the advantage of not being a Mage, I believe - though, I would not be entirely surprised if he has something in his family tree that is a little more than human. He's certainly one of those great adventurous souls that are far larger than life."

"You never know..."

Anja wrote:
"If you challenge Miss Ruzzo to a debate before the Deacon Council Colin no one can accuse you of choosing a biased arena since they are elder magi and might be more inclined to accept er worldview then yours, and yet that will make it harder for her to refuse."
Bruce said.

Colin wrote:

"A one on one debate is where Mr. Wainwright shines right? That sounds like the perfect duel for this kind of thing. Even if he doesn't convince the Deacon council outright he can still convince a load of other people to the other side." Serge agreed, although he secretly wanted to see that knife fight.

"Exactly," he nodded to Serge.

Yeah, i wanted to talk to you and with some of my cabalmates. I'm trying to investigate ways to return nephandic avatars to their original state, or at least a free them of corruption. We have been conducting various investigations, and we should unify our researchs. I wanted you to be present, because you're the most knowledgeable of us and can guide us.

"Hello, Mr Karyak," he said with a nod as he saw him.

In any case, we don't need to have the full answer, just enough proof of advancement that it can be accomplished to justify Cadence and the others to remain alive and complete.

"Well you are in a bit of a bind there Mr Karyak, how do you plan on getting said proof without testing your theory? And getting to the point where it can be tested will probably take years and that is longer than Miss Clearwater have."
Bruce asked doubtfully.

Colin nodded, "Quite so; there's a very good reason human trials only take place after years of simulations and animal testing in medical research, which is essentially what you are discussing.
"

"If we're to convince anyone, we are going to need to be standing on very solid ground on the matter. It is harder in her case, as she is a full Nephandus, whether we wish it or not, or whether she wishes it or not. It limits our time but we do need to have an answer."

You know more than me about Miss Florentine's approach, but I know a bit about a vampire's meditations to control their Beast, a technique that will help Anna... and i brought some ephemeral sand, too, for a closer examination.

"Vampire meditations? Hrm...do you think that would help with the...urges? If so perhaps Kyle will want to know about that. As for Ms Florintine, I have occasionally been able to communicate via sign language with her, I'm very slow and limited but she at least responded. Sometimes she is more present than others, but I will continue to see if she will speak with me."As for myself...I suspect that sometimes, if the reason they went through the caul was to save another, and if they were given a good upbringing, there may be some way to help them. Aside from what we suspect relating to Ms Florintine," he said carefully, "there have been other bits and pieces, but it has yet to come together for me. The last one is this book on the Umbra..." he held it up, the spine showing it was written by Lady Crexia. "If we're going to talk about anything more sensitive in a concrete fashion than that though, the room might need to be sealed."

Tane wrote:
That's most useful, Colin. Thanks.

Cita hesitated then she gently opened the bag of sand an touched it, there was a slight smile on her face.
"My wrists still ache from the Primium cuffs had had worn in the cell, but I don't care, I stand at the view screen of the Mesopotamia, seeing the Umbra for the first time, seeing spirits. The Void Engineers saved me just before my planned execution, and where the other Technocrats would kill me for my abilities with spirit they appreciate it, the woman at my side are going to be my new teacher, she is kind and warm as she shows me the wonders of the Umbra as the ship leaves earth, for the first time since I was arrested I feel...safe, I have direction, I am a Void Engineer now and I will no longer have to hide what I can do."
She whispered softly then she looked at you for a moment.
"Well now that is a very old memory."
The spirit healer said as she removed her fingers from the sand.

He listned to Cita as she related her memory, one eyebrow raised. It was one thing to know that she was a former Technocrat, another to hear the moment she became one as if it were happening right then. "I would like to see this sand also, Colin as I've not really got the chance. Can you tell us more about where it comes from?" he asked, wanting to make sure he had the whole story of it.

"I have asked several spirits this question but none of them have any idea where the Psycopomps are."
Cita said and frowned.

"Avatars were not always experienced the same way as they are now by their hosts, perhaps that plays a role as well?"

"And then we shall see if it is wise to pursue trying it..."

"Well we can hope but it is not likely to be, remember Miss Florentine have spent years in a hellish condition after suffering the greatest trauma known to man, her getting a new Avatar will not be like flipping a switch and then she will be okey, it will take time to help her to slowly recover and in fact for a while after this is done, if we are successful she might be in a greater risk of suicide than ever, right now she is to depressed to act, but once she gets a little better she might be able to act on her despair before she learn that there is hope. No Mr Karyak Mr Florentine is not likely to have a swift recovery but with a new Avatar eventually she have a chance to start living and growing again."

"We are going to have to see, though perhaps we should try to get the help of oh...I think her name slips my mind but the Cultist psychiatrist that live in Boston, to help Susannah recover faster."
The spirit healer suggested.

He frowned. "Yes, she will need help...it will take time for her to recover."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:49 pm

"Yes, it was a surprise. That man has...done strange, terrible and vile things but the girl seems untouched by it all and I do hope it stays that way."

"It makes me wonder why Jace created Cava, what did he want wit a little girl clone of himself?"
Bruce asked with a grunt.

"To be fair, it is not as if it the subject were pursued beyond the logical means of using it to find them. I cannot be the one to seal the room, otherwise it will not work when i speak. My voice will cut through it like a hot knife does butter. I know Colin's scrambling rote seems to help," he suggested, and waited to see who would help him out.

"I think I might be able to fix that Mr Roth Hicks."
Cita said as she pulled up her lap top an started writing.
"Ok having Mr Wainwright's scramblers going as well is probably a good idea, however even with your voice I assume there is a limit for how far it will be heard."
She said as she started a program.
"Along with a general ward against magickal scrying, the distance inside the walls on all side of this room, and the roof and floor as well is about five miles, please let me know if you wish to leave so I can end the effect before the door is opened."
The spirit healer said and grinned a little.
"I doubt anyone will be able to overhear our conversation."

"Not worried so much as confused. You were going to be executed because you knew how to work with spirits?"

"Yeah the Technocracy do not allow it's members to work with spirits, they have something they call Dimensional Science, which is limited but allow for things like traveling in the Umbra, to learn anything of what the Traditions call the Sphere of Spirit past that is a capital offense, but the Void Engineers do not adhere to that and ignore the rules in that regard."
Cita said and sigh.
"So yes my former Convention sentenced me to death for learning to work with the Sphere of Spirit past what is allowed but the Void Engineers saved me before I could be...terminated."

He nodded. "Perhaps we are looking at things backwards. From the perspective of a spirit, they are what they do and time is not an important aspect of them unless for avatars when they are joined with a host and can experience it with us. If the nature of the avatar somehow changed from Font to what they are sometimes like now, and we do not quite know the reasons though paradox may be part of it, then these spirits would not have a job to do so to speak. Perhaps they returned to their original plane of existence until they were needed again, or found their job elsewhere. This is entirely speculation, of course. But then the same crux remains as to why did the avatars as we know them now shift..."

"If we can even call the Psycopomps spirits the way we know the term. Your speculation are interesting though and that might indeed be it, but we do not know, no one knows whee the Psycopomps are or why they left, all we know is that without them the joining between Avatar and host have become imperfect, and for good and ill we now hear their voices rather than them just being a part of use that give us magickal abilities."
Cita said and nodded.
"Some say Master Teomim knew, some say they wrote about Psycopomps in their grimoire but as that to is lost, it is hard to know what they might have known."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next