Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downtime planning thread.

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Downtime planning thread. - Page 3 Empty Re: Downtime planning thread.

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:08 pm

I could just say that someone from Steelhaven had some bossiness at Morningstar and since Harris teleports them over he offers to bring Adley along as well since he know he have more to d there.

Nick would do the first-aid course, as long as it didn't clash with anything else - her day job in itself is a pretty dangerous affair.

This is true mechanics do get injured.

Regarding Downtime threads, perhaps the first one we *should* start is the cabal meeting - Nick and Serge need to be introduced and all that stuff...

"Sounds good however then we have to decide how Nicole and Serge get into the Cabal, Tane where assigned to them and that did not go to well from the rest of the Cabal's point of view so they are skeptical about just having someone assigned, but they might meet up and talk and then offer Nicole and Serge membership.

The Great One and I are slowly ploughing through Nick's stuff [I left much up in the air as I thought Nick might die] and so far haven't come across anything which either of us feels *must* be RP'd [feel free to tell me if I'm wrong on this!]. However, doesn't mean there won't be one in the future.

I am sure we can find something for Nicole to do for thread 30 and we are finishing up the girls night out scene even if we run out of pages for thread 29

I am sure we can find allot of ways that Nicole can interact with the other PCs and get to know them.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:25 pm

Well... unless you're gonna run two cabals, 'the joining' is going to have to happen. My ST gut says perhaps it should be at least partly due by NPC pressure - for otherwise you're asking players to merely play out the railroad even if it's against the PC's own viewpoint. [If it's partly/mainly down to an NPC, at least the PC's can curse their decision if they disagree!]

Oh, I'm sure we'll end up with a scene which *must* be RP'd [PC-PC ones more 'would like to play' type]. Was merely commenting that so far we'd [I think] not come up with anything that *had to be* RP'd.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:44 pm

Yeah, we'll need to have that meeting. But will it have to be next morning, is what I'm wondering?

I mean, there's still the laundry lists of loose threads; a Cabal meeting could probably stand to wait until, oh, Tuesday, at least. Wink
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:49 am

I am not sure if Serge and Nicole being assigned would be a good thing though I could try to think of some reason to assign them if we are not going with the them getting to know the group first. However before I do that I would want to ask what the other players think about it as I do not want to mess with the PC Cabal without their permission. But yes Cabalmeating is coming up.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:35 am

Yeah, Colin's going to be in favor of Nicole and Serge - he's had the opportunity to assess their capabilities to some extent; he's not going to railroad the conversation, though, and will bring the matter to a vote.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:55 am

What if we do it like this, it is suggested by the Deacons that Serge and Nicole might fit into the PC Cabal and the Cabalmeeting is about that, talking with them, getting to know them and then voting on whatever they want them to be a part of the Cabal or not?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:25 pm

I think that could work. Serge has already met with many of them already.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:20 pm

Yeah and there have been talk of inviting Serge into the cabal because Serge is adorable. Nicole have not interacted with the Cabal allot yet though so she needs a meeting to get to know them.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:10 pm

Adley would probably be in favor of Serge - he's helped Bee, and he seems friendly, helpful and receptive to feedback and also has skills that they could use in their group. He doesn't like or trust Nicole as it stands, but he might want to keep her close to keep an eye on her and she is really good in a fight no doubt and has skills. He's bound to be leery of new people, given that he found out one of his cabal is a widderslainte and another is something of a loose canon. And he doesn't trust people easily anyway - but I'm not going to be that player that says 'my character would't do x' and screw up a PC cabal, besides it makes things more interesting, rp-wise.  Nicole and Adley could at least go to a Bruins game - they have /one/ thing in common! ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:41 pm

A bit of tension between characters might be good anyway as long as they are able to cooperate with one another. Should the Cabal meeting be first on the agenda then for thread 30 or something else?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:14 pm

While I don't think a PC group should be forced, it should be perhaps pressured - 'you are free to reject, but you'd better have a damn good reason for it' level. For unless the Great One is willing to run two cabals / one as a solo character, it is forced as there's no other OOC option. [My option would allow Adley to keep his 'I do not want Nicole!' [if that's how he feels], but is effectively overruled as he can't cite any concrete reason for the refusal].

It's an issue every ST/GM/DM faces: how to get 'the gang' to meet in the tavern at the start and to work together. Frankly, the best we can do in this situation is to make it as little a blatant ass-pull as possible.

Cabal meeting first, I think.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Like I said, Adley can whinge and have reservations, but it's logical enough to opt Nicole in if for no other reason than to keep an eye on her - and anyway, 'I don't like her' is probably not a good enough reason to anyone but him xD He's worked with plenty of people he doesn't like, and that don't like him. And he might change his mind, over time anyway, or she might or w/e. It just adds some IC rp drama.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:51 am

As for the NPC Cabal members. Bruce would be all for Nicole seeing that he is basically a Etherite with the serial numbers filed of. Jon likes her. Bee might find her a bit rude she is rather polite and formal but I doubt she will dislike her and Richard likes that Nicole did not hesitate to donate blood to save his ass he sort of owe her, chances are she will get in but there should be a Cabal meeting first.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:06 am

Perhaps we could start the cabal with the Chief/whoever meeting the cabal and Nicole/Serge - to bring up the subject and perhaps do a bit of selling to all concerned?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:20 am

That works for me if it is okey for the rest of you guys.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Oh right, Nicole did give blood for Richard. That's in her favor. Also, whichever scene you want to start is okay with me. Just lemme know.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Cabal meeting works sice if I am going on that planned cabin trip that is Monday and then you guys will have something to do while I am gonem Someone will have to be on Tane duty though posting replies to his thread so he will see them. Do not expect speedy replies from Marino though so you will have to play around Tane.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:12 pm

Sounds good. I suppose the first question is that would Tane want to go to such a meeting? And maybe he could arrive late or...idk? - plus two of the cabal members are NPCs, Bruce and Richard. Maybe Richard has a shift at the hospital or something and can give a vote if needed via a message?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:54 pm

With my ST hat on for a moment, it may be time to split the cabal, as eight is a little on the large side. Perhaps due to the combat losses, the NPC's are possibly shifted to another?

Perhaps we could do what I suggested earlier - two IC threads during the downtime [one ST-PC ones, the other PC-PC ones]. It does mean we can start going little fun scenes on the side...

Strife - how's Adley getting to Chicago?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:48 am

If we have truly uneventful time and Tane belives it's safe, he would:
-Help Master Nassa transplant his avatar to the little miss Florentine
-Help Henrietta with her awakening and try to make her remain both of her powers
-Bond with Gandyja
-Start experimenting and looking for someone that actually can travel to this plane of chaos and change
-Prepare Cadence's case
-Sleep
-Also, we talked about a questing... maybe that's the moment.

I think I could think of a premise for any player to spend some time with Nicole.
Tane's always up for a chat, and i love seeing all characters develop. And i belive they both have not crossed paths, right?

Tane where assigned to them and that did not go to well from the rest of the Cabal's point of view
Come on, a little carnage here, some mayhem there... but you can't say he's not lovely! *grins with his face soaked in blood. Coawa grins with shark teeth beside him*

before I do that I would want to ask what the other players think about it as I do not want to mess with the PC Cabal without their permission.
Cabals are formed to help each other. I don't see why they'd keep someone that's not in their best interest to have. I'd kick Tane out, since he moves around on his own not caring for anyone else in the cabal (maybe except Beatrice, but she's not that helpful either). That said, new members, if they can coordinate themselves and help, should be welcomed in their own accord.

Someone will have to be on Tane duty though posting replies to his thread
I can look for them for a couple of days, no problem. I am sorry to cause any inconvenience.

the first question is that would Tane want to go to such a meeting
Tane knows perfectly he's not helped at all the cabal, so he'd go but he won't probably take any action within.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:30 am

Strife - how's Adley getting to Chicago?

He's going to request a teleport from Hans (the main Virtual Adept in Chicago) - but he might already have a butt-ton of paradox like all the other 'porters after everything that happened, if so, then a Plan B will have to be thought up. Adley's not got a ton of cash, so flying will be expensive, but as he has to show up to work or he'll lose his job, so time is also expensive. Yet, the Chicago things /have/ to be done, and soon.

Come on, a little carnage here, some mayhem there... but you can't say he's not lovely! *grins with his face soaked in blood. Coawa grins with shark teeth beside him*

This is why we can't have nice things! lol.

Cabals are formed to help each other. I don't see why they'd keep someone that's not in their best interest to have. I'd kick Tane out, since he moves around on his own not caring for anyone else in the cabal (maybe except Beatrice, but she's not that helpful either). That said, new members, if they can coordinate themselves and help, should be welcomed in their own accord.
Tane knows perfectly he's not helped at all the cabal, so he'd go but he won't probably take any action within.

It would probably be discussed IC because membership overall will definitely be on the dockett, both with him there and without him there. After all, if he doesn't want to be part of it, and doesn't contribute, then there's not much reason for them to keep up pretenses or want to put out fires he's gotten himself into.

With my ST hat on for a moment, it may be time to split the cabal, as eight is a little on the large side. Perhaps due to the combat losses, the NPC's are possibly shifted to another?

Membership will be discussed for sure so maybe things can shift around; there's been no real reason not to have the NPCs stay till now, after all having a doctor/healer who can also kick ass is pretty damn handy.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:20 am

Well there is Jon as well, the NPC members of the Cabal are Jon, Bruce, Richard and Beatrice. Now Bee will be to sick to attend and she will give her vote to Adley. If I do to the cabin trip I could have Jon helping Narim out so he will be busy and Richard have to work a double shift at the hospital, I can keep Bruce in the meeting since he ever says much so I can use him to make short posts on my phone if I get the chance to and if not then he is just watching.

I do not know if I will be going yet though for there are some details I need to know they have not worked out yet, I have Aspergers so I do not do well with uncertainty and need to have the details worked out before I go, for example I have to know I will get a bottom bunk I am not able to climb into a top one I have tried it do not happen I have some coordination issues. Anyway the reason why I have not had time to reply right now is that I am going to a meeting about the cabin trip in half an hour so by this afternoon I should know if I am going or not and I will also reply more then.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:39 pm

Sounds good to me, in broad strokes.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:22 pm

Sounds good. I suppose the first question is that would Tane want to go to such a meeting? And maybe he could arrive late or...idk? - plus two of the cabal members are NPCs, Bruce and Richard. Maybe Richard has a shift at the hospital or something and can give a vote if needed via a message?

That works there is also Jon. don't forget Jon the Virtual Adept.

Not unless a majority of the players wish this, the relationship between these characters have been developed all through the game an some Cabals are larger.

Perhaps we could do what I suggested earlier - two IC threads during the downtime [one ST-PC ones, the other PC-PC ones]. It does mean we can start going little fun scenes on the side...

We do not need two threads to do this, if you want to start one of your scenes then just do so. for example.

[Nicole and Serge] (Date: Talking about tattoos)

And mark all posts for that scene with that.

f we have truly uneventful time and Tane belives it's safe, he would:
-Help Master Nassa transplant his avatar to the little miss Florentine
-Help Henrietta with her awakening and try to make her remain both of her powers
-Bond with Gandyja
-Start experimenting and looking for someone that actually can travel to this plane of chaos and change
-Prepare Cadence's case
-Sleep
-Also, we talked about a questing... maybe that's the moment.

I will make a Questing thread for Tane when I get home from the Cabin trip. Which ones of the above would you like to play out? As several want to be part of Amadeus transferring his secondary Avatar we should at least do that as IC

He is so adorable that someone might come and gobble him up. Very Happy Tane is a nice character some of the more traditional members of the Cabal might be a little less amused though. Razz

Beatrice can actually be quite helpful when she is not half Gilgulled being a skilled healer and Disciple of two Spheres and actually quite good with a blade but yeah right now she is not useful. I think perhaps the others will warm more up to Tane once they get to know him.

I can look for them for a couple of days, no problem. I am sorry to cause any inconvenience.

It is not a big inconvenience as it takes a few seconds not more, but when I just have my phone someone else have to do it, though iff course if it ok for you to keep watch of the thread for a few days that is helpful.

He's going to request a teleport from Hans (the main Virtual Adept in Chicago) - but he might already have a butt-ton of paradox like all the other 'porters after everything that happened, if so, then a Plan B will have to be thought up. Adley's not got a ton of cash, so flying will be expensive, but as he has to show up to work or he'll lose his job, so time is also expensive. Yet, the Chicago things /have/ to be done, and soon.

Let us make is simple and say that Hans can teleport him but then he will owe Hans a favor.

This is why we can't have nice things! lol.

Tane have very nice things made of dead Nephandi parts.

I am going on the cabin trip so then I will set this thread up before Monday and start with a Cabal meeting. Richard will be working late and Jon will be working for Narim but Bruce will be there and I will play him if I get a chance, we are in agreement on this?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:17 pm

- Splitting the cabal doesn't mean they can't continue to work together on future things [individuals can tag along on individual missions etc]. It's just that standing at nine, it's going to be pretty unwieldy a group. Plus, you will have to do more work as the NPC members will have to become more fleshed out as we'll interact with them more often.

My feeling is this. For you to look at the NPC's skills/usual role and see how much 'redundancy' they have vs the PC's. It's the old 'party management' thing - for if say one NPC has 80% overlap with Nicole and 40% with Colin, they may end up continuously being 'left in the car' for the two PC's can do everything the NPC can between them. That NPC cabal/pack/whatever members are primarily to fill out the roster to make it viable, but with the unwritten agreement that when they're not needed [such as there's enough PC's] they're faded back into the background.

- I have a fear that having 8+ scenes all running in the same thread at the same RL time will cause things to fall apart organisation-wise. Previous IC threads worked well enough for two reasons: #1 everybody was roughly in the same time/place and #2 your [as in Great One] own posting speed acted as a break in a couple of us 'running away' with the thread for it was not often a scene which did not have at least one NPC in it.

But... what happens if in a PC-PC scene both players were on a roll and did a couple of pages worth of replies in a very short period of time? There have been times already that I've not replied because I simply did not have the half-hour plus to read through all the posts, work out what was relevant to Nick and then reply.

In short, I worry having such a thread next will become *too* boggy, tangled-up and simply confusing for me to be able to follow it to a level which I would be happy with.

I assure you, this is the last I'll say on this topic. Merely voicing my personal worries on this.

- Tane's not met Nick yet. I get the feeling that they may actually get on quite well [she's hardly a 'by the book' gal either].

- Chicago. I was thinking that Nicole could have business of her own there, which means she and Adley could get to/from there by car. But if he's going to teleport, no problem. Was merely a thought, not important or anything.

- No worries about going away; we're all allowed to do that now and then. *smiles*
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next