Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downtime Planning Thread II

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Downtime Planning Thread II Empty Downtime Planning Thread II

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:06 pm

So it's that time again...

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, there's two elements we need to sort out.

#1: Downtime.

If I remember right, the original plan was leaving for Horizon Sunday night, coming back some time later in the week. You didn't object to Nick mentioning IC having planned to be at her Uncle's for Thanksgiving [Thurs], so I'm going to assume that the trial isn't expected to last more than three days.

The new plan hinges on when they re-open travel due to the cybernetic plague. Now, this is basically in your hands as none of the PCs have anywhere to get to (though the Chief may try to get it all sorted before next Sunday ie before the end of the Thanksgiving holiday because most of the cabal shall be due back at school/work on the Monday).

Why does this matter? Because if there's a few days gap this would allow a few little scenes to tie up any post-plague plot threads. Would also perhaps allow a little XP spend done here and there if desired. The question is; does the other two of you have any need/desire for this?

#2: Horizon.

Now, lots of things to get done here. The only properly 'fixed' bit here is the trial itself, but that only really involves Colin [and even then, not much]. Perhaps the best way to go here is for the each of us to list the things the character needs/wants to do there?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Downtime Planning Thread II Empty Re: Downtime Planning Thread II

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:57 pm

Colin's got meetings with the Paradigma (branch) office on Horizon, and Admiral Hastings, too.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:06 pm

I definitely need to spend some xp and have plans for how I want to do that. Not to mention I'd really enjoy a couple of small scenes between the PC's just messing around (either at chantry or Horizon). Those were really fun last time.

I don't believe it's officially been mentioned how the Trial will work. But I wouldn't be surprised if the PC's (or at the very least Serge) is called up to give testimony regarding Kyle and his demeanor. Either way he's probably gonna be there at least as a spectator.

Other than that, Horizon was one of the places Serge was gonna justify XP expenditure. Lots of places in Horizon to help improve magick after all.

For a more itemized list (that's heavily subjected to change) the things Serge wants in Horizon is:

• Enter the Cult of Ecstasy realm pocket realm on Horizon using the open Invitation given to him by Marianna of Balador and see what it has to offer. Maybe even get a chance to meet with other high level cultist and learn from them.

• Explore the rest magical realm and take in as much of it as he can.

So yeah not a lot of stuff lol. At least nothing that I can remember at the moment.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:06 am

Well, even though they're there for a serious reason, there is somewhat of a 'junket' quality for the Horizon trip - for example, I suspect whatever Serge could add much to the evidence for Kyle than perhaps a general 'character witness' which I suspect strictly speaking could have been done via writing. I suspect even the Chief is going to take advantage of the situation by visiting some old friends etc. In fact, in this case I don't see why this 'episode' can't be a bit more on the fluffy side - Horizon has enough general 'stuff to do' without requiring an ST to produce more *and* we do also have the Horizon splat to boot.

Unless a real curve-ball turns up, chances are Nick shall have zero input for the trial itself. I also personally doubt Serge/Colin will need to be present for all or even most of it.

As for Marianna's invite... if it's for Shakti, as I said before Nick would be okay with coming along, and in fact is perhaps one of the few non-Estatics at Steelhaven who would go through with it when her ignorance on it is removed...

I can think of a couple of smaller 'chores' for Serge to do; for example he might have been given a bit of a 'shopping list' by mages left back in Boston, or asked by an another Estatic to do a 'fetch quest' which means he's got out to have a 'daytrip' out to one of the small villages outside of the Concordia walls. But hey, he doesn't *need* to have lots of things to do.

Nick's main 'to do' on Horizon is to attend the cybernetic symposium at TimeStop Labs. Baynes desires to have Nick as part of his show/tell and chances are she'll be asked to give a short report on the cybernetic plague [something she'll get a bit of kudos for in helping to stop, surely]. However, Nick is clearly the 'type 2 visitor' to the expo; a customer/user, not a contributor. Which means sales displays and perhaps a few 'pitches' for getting some more work done. Serge may find it cool to come and see at least the 'salesroom' part of it [he might not be welcome to the talks etc themselves]

Nick also has another major goal; to find a 'patron' within her Tradition. She knows the only way she'll climb in rank which doesn't involve the 'publish or perish' route is to find a senior [most likely a Fleet/Cavalry officer, perhaps an Ethics Council enforcer or even Shadow Ministry op] who is willing to take Nick as a protege [think more Contact than Mentor] and thus, give her a bit of political cover/backing. This isn't as stupid as it first sounds; Nick is capable in her field, that field is somewhat small for their Tradition and she is based within one of the largest metro areas of the USA [handy if a Master is trying to build a network of 'field agents', perhaps?]. So this involves some networking; at the Fleet base/port, at TimeStop, the Horizon lab and so on. She may not find anyone at this time, but at very least it shall start the gossip-line that she is looking for one.

She also has a grab-bag of minor chores, such as reporting the death of the presumed fallen Etherite to the Ethics Council rep, seeing if she get blueprints for the shuttle, getting pricing for getting the previous armed with some form of weapon, another's little shopping-list and so on. [Which reminds me; isn't Colin supposed to get a photo of a dragon or something?] I suspect that Serge and/or Colin may be semi-happy to simply tag along for some of these. I suspect Colin shall drag Nick along to the Paradigma offices and if Hastings is in the Horizon Lab will require Nick to get in.

With any downtime before Horizon... well if there was enough time she would like to get down to Rhode Island; not just to finally to 'pull the pin' and see her mother, but also seek out her cousin and find out if she's a rat [though if there's not enough time that can wait; after all when it's been 12 years another week isn't going to kill]. There's also some bits of 'housekeeping' to do; such as divvying up all the loot found, trying up loose ends and so on. Like the fact Cowra said he'd come back for Nick...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:59 am

So it's that time again...

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, there's two elements we need to sort out.

#1: Downtime.

If I remember right, the original plan was leaving for Horizon Sunday night, coming back some time later in the week. You didn't object to Nick mentioning IC having planned to be at her Uncle's for Thanksgiving [Thurs], so I'm going to assume that the trial isn't expected to last more than three days.

Well it is not clear how long the trial will take so it is hard to kow when the expedition to Horizon will retur but yes something around that hopefully it will not take to many days.

The new plan hinges on when they re-open travel due to the cybernetic plague. Now, this is basically in your hands as none of the PCs have anywhere to get to (though the Chief may try to get it all sorted before next Sunday ie before the end of the Thanksgiving holiday because most of the cabal shall be due back at school/work on the Monday).

Why does this matter? Because if there's a few days gap this would allow a few little scenes to tie up any post-plague plot threads. Would also perhaps allow a little XP spend done here and there if desired. The question is; does the other two of you have any need/desire for this?

Sure if it fit better we ca say that orizon only open up for travel on money or tuesday or somethig like that to create a few days of down time.

#2: Horizon.

Now, lots of things to get done here. The only properly 'fixed' bit here is the trial itself, but that only really involves Colin [and even then, not much]. Perhaps the best way to go here is for the each of us to list the things the character needs/wants to do there?

Yeah such a list works.

Colin's got meetings with the Paradigma (branch) office on Horizon, and Admiral Hastings, too.

That is right and it is noted.

I definitely need to spend some xp and have plans for how I want to do that. Not to mention I'd really enjoy a couple of small scenes between the PC's just messing around (either at chantry or Horizon). Those were really fun last time.

We can do both, both a few days of downtime beofre th group go to Horizon and some downtime on Horizon for just some general roleplaying scenes, it was good last time so I am sure it will be fun.

I will write more on this thread later when I have more time.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 06, 2022 4:38 pm

Ok time for a new IC thread, so are we thinking it should be a downtime thread wit little scees that happes betwee the Seattle Mission and the journey to Horizon before we start the next part of the main story?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 07, 2022 8:14 am

Well, in Nick's case she has two things to do that aren't Horizon and I think should be RP'd;

#1: First 'planning meeting' regarding the supernatural census project [something which I think might actually work to get her promoted if it pans out].

#2: To travel down to RI to see her folks. Now, she's finally got to pull the pin and see ones like her mother. Now, you might not desire to RP that [though I'd argue it may be good for character-building] but one thing I think you should is Nick following up the lead from her Uncle that her cousin [I think Elsie] is a Ratkin.

However, both of these scenes could realistically wait until after Horizon; #1 being that she simply can't get everyone she needs [basically, all the technomancers in Chantry] in the same time/place and #2 Nick simply doesn't have the time to go off for a decent jaunt out of Boston [the Chief may, for example have put her on security detail too much to make that trip possible]. So basically meaning; I'm happy to go straight into Horizon if nobody else has anything to do IC before that.

Yet regardless of whether there's an IC pre-Horizon thread or not, there does at very least a quick IC/OOC 'tie-up session' of where we flesh out all the little loose ends which have built up and we really should get down on paper before they get swamped [and likely forgotting] by Horizon. If this was tabletop, I'd be asking for a single 'blue booking' session, including sorting out perhaps a little bit of an XP spend for the PCs justified by the previous couple of days of action.

But I think we should do this one bit at a time. Does either Serge or Colin have any scenes that they 'need' [not necessarily 'critical'] to have before Horizon? Hell, is there any which Great One feels need to be done?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 07, 2022 1:34 pm

Agreed both of those scnes should be done, and we should do a clean up of the finished story as well. The new thread can be used both for such scenes and for clean up.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 07, 2022 2:08 pm

Colin's going to want to have a meeting with Nick before takeoff - a discussion of "corrective measures" that will essentially boil down to "here's what Flavian's Chantry thinks you did that was offensive, and here's how we can persuade them you've been properly chastened... and what to do next time your gut instincts tell you something is off." Followed by a suggestion for an action plan to help Nick get some in-Society promotions - a few simple written reports on "functional field testing protocols for the academically disinclined", for example, or results of said field tests, just to build a body of work to refer to.

Oh, and we'll want to see how Adley's wee one is doing. Wink

He's also going to have to call a few vampires pretty quickly, but those will be as soon as he gets home, anyway, as part of the cleanup...

Getting sliced up by Kristina is after the return from Horizon, of course, but we can surely skip over acting that out, just hammer out a pre-fight speech and then coming home in bandages to get Anna and head to Europe for the holidays...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 07, 2022 3:34 pm

Yeah the new born Umbrood will be around and will be powerful.

All of these scees we can do before the Horizo trip though the duel with Kristina we do nto need to worry about for now since it is happenin a good time after the trip to Horizon, it is irrelevant for now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 07, 2022 4:45 pm

The biggest thing Serge needs to do is attend his magical family for the transformation of the banshee that's been bugging him throughout the story. We planned to turn her into a dream spirit (or dream lord) which would make for an interesting ally if she chooses to stay (which Serge won't force.)

Other than being a potential ally, seeing his magickal family work would be a good way for Serge to gain some enlightenment and potentially spend some xp to progress to Mind 4 and/or spirit 1 (if allowed).

Other than that a training scene with either Nicole or Colin could be a fun excuse to raise his combat skills if either of them are up for it. Not only to train the mundane skills but a low-risk environment to experiment with how Serge's brand of magick could be used in fast paced combat.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 07, 2022 5:04 pm

Yeah the atttempt to heal the Bansee should be played out.

A trainig scee would be fun.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 07, 2022 5:17 pm

Okay, I agree the 'bitch at Nick' scene needs to be done IC, though I'm sure Colin IC knows that is gonna be a... difficult one. Though to be honest OOC, the Worcester chantry can't push this too far; because if they play the Lawful Anal line here they may be technically correct but then Steelhaven could turn around and ask pointed questions about how their own security allowed a Fallen spy not just within their ranks, but into a position of power. Plus, such an arrogant turd like Flavian is unlikely to have many friends within Worcester anyway and normally when situations like this happen, folks are less likely to kick up a stink. So said complaint to Steelhaven may be more a boilerplate affair than anything else. [Just thinking aloud here, don't need to answer this].

The only other possible scene is one where Fran either apologises or attempts a peace offering of sorts. Because Nick isn't going to forgive or forget the comments from her in a hurry. But if that happens, that could be off-scene.

While Nick will be willing to teach Serge weaponry etc, I suspect she won't have the time to before Horizon to do so. I am not hugely fussed about this; not that I don't enjoy the Serge/Nick scenes, just that for Horizon there's going to be a lot more of them.

I personally think the myriad of small 'tie-up elements' should be done here, not in the IC thread. Reasoning; here we can shoot through them because we do it OOC and having both IC and OOC in the same place can get confusing.

One question I'll ask now purely OOC is that you're not planning to run Nick's 'critter radar/census' project immediately into the ground, are you? I'll fully understand if you do kill this idea on arrival [because it would signifcantly change things] and also understand if they try doing it and fail - but I will be annoyed if I throw a lot of OOC time/energy into this only to realise that there was 0% of success all along... [Nick wasting time IC is another thing entirely, of course!].

New Umbrood?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 07, 2022 6:43 pm

Colin might suggest Nicole write a nice, neat, formal and open letter to Flavian apologizing for "how he took offense at her tone and attitude at the planning meeting", and to offer compensation of a dram of Quintessence once Flavian is able to make use of the raw stuff again, if he ever can. Wink

The critter radar, not a bad idea, as such, but it might have the drawback of bringing attention to its operation... but it's not a bad idea altogether, I think.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 08, 2022 8:26 am

Which is why Nick is thinking of making the critter-radar a) long-range and b) moving. So if the critter does realise they've just been 'pinged', chances are the radar van would be a decent mile away and moving say, 40mph. Thus somewhat unlikely to be intercepted.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 08, 2022 9:21 am

The only other possible scene is one where Fran either apologises or attempts a peace offering of sorts. Because Nick isn't going to forgive or forget the comments from her in a hurry. But if that happens, that could be off-scene.

Fran do nto see that she have aything to apologize for so she is not goign to do that.

I personally think the myriad of small 'tie-up elements' should be done here, not in the IC thread. Reasoning; here we can shoot through them because we do it OOC and having both IC and OOC in the same place can get confusing.

In character stuff go in the in charactr thrads but if th rest wat to I can make a seperate IC thread for the small downtime scenes.

One question I'll ask now purely OOC is that you're not planning to run Nick's 'critter radar/census' project immediately into the ground, are you? I'll fully understand if you do kill this idea on arrival [because it would signifcantly change things] and also understand if they try doing it and fail - but I will be annoyed if I throw a lot of OOC time/energy into this only to realise that there was 0% of success all along... [Nick wasting time IC is another thing entirely, of course!].

No it is a good idea. Jeffry just ca not agree to spending allot fo resources and taking considerable risk without it being decided before the Deacon Council.

New Umbrood?

The shard that have grown in Adley's Avatar into a new Umbrood which was just released from his soul since it is now strong enough to survive on it's own. It was a shard from the old Guardian spirit from the villa that struck Adley's Avatar i the first thread.

Which is why Nick is thinking of making the critter-radar a) long-range and b) moving. So if the critter does realise they've just been 'pinged', chances are the radar van would be a decent mile away and moving say, 40mph. Thus somewhat unlikely to be intercepted.

Well many critters do ave the ability to trace magick cast on them, some Fera, Kuei-Ji, Fae, Umbroods, hedge wizards the list go on, there mightbe risk but it is a itneresting idea.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 08, 2022 9:45 am

Anja wrote:Well many critters do ave the ability to trace magick cast on them, some Fera, Kuei-Ji, Fae, Umbroods, hedge wizards the list go on, there mightbe risk but it is a itneresting idea.
Aaaaaand the Union. Can't forget about the Union... Razz
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 08, 2022 10:00 am

Th Ujuo, the Nephandi, the Disperates, other Orphans and Crafts and the Marauders. Mages, mages everywhere.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 09, 2022 7:08 pm

Fran do nto see that she have aything to apologize for so she is not goign to do that.

Then she shall keep Nick in iceberg territory then. Purely OOC, this is a 'beserk button' situation, similar to when (I can't remember who it was, might have been Serge) compared Fran to being a murderer (or something), questioning a Hermetic's honour or asking someone who's utterly class/rank-ridden to defer to someone 'below' them in anything (ie the Flavian affair). Aka this is one of those things where it's best to offer an apology without actually conceeding the point - similar to the 'I accept this is your area of study but I disagree with your conclusion here' line Nick gave Henrettia about vampire travelling.

No it is a good idea. Jeffry just ca not agree to spending allot fo resources and taking considerable risk without it being decided before the Deacon Council.

Well many critters do ave the ability to trace magick cast on them, some Fera, Kuei-Ji, Fae, Umbroods, hedge wizards the list go on, there mightbe risk but it is a itneresting idea.

Which the first planning meeting would be. To discuss the level of believed risk it would entail (and what can be done to mitigate). If the tech is simply a larger edition of the phone app, it could be argued that it would be more a 'passive scan' than active and thus, indetectable by most critters in the first place. But there would be levels of testing; the first one (the app) already done. This is all dependent on *what* tech the system uses; Nick calls it a 'radar' because it's the easiest way to describe it, however it does not mean it runs on the same principle(s) of a Sleeper radar.

Nick also has another idea which she'd also like to explore; the hooking up of the app to a HUD for either a pair of wearables or bionic contact lenses. (Though she is actually interested in the latter anyway).

In character stuff go in the in charactr thrads but if th rest wat to I can make a seperate IC thread for the small downtime scenes.

I merely meant that there's lots of little things to sort out which I don't feel need to be RP'd - simply the outline discussed here. Similar to the vaccination debate last time around, if I remember.

Such as we need to flesh out the situation with the Labyrinth. Now, there's two ways we could do this; either work it out here or via an IC scene where the three PC's are exploring/documenting the thing.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 09, 2022 9:41 pm

Then she shall keep Nick in iceberg territory then. Purely OOC, this is a 'beserk button' situation, similar to when (I can't remember who it was, might have been Serge) compared Fran to being a murderer (or something), questioning a Hermetic's honour or asking someone who's utterly class/rank-ridden to defer to someone 'below' them in anything (ie the Flavian affair). Aka this is one of those things where it's best to offer an apology without actually conceeding the point - similar to the 'I accept this is your area of study but I disagree with your conclusion here' line Nick gave Henrettia about vampire travelling.

Sorry but no such an apology is ever going to happen, ever. Now in my personal opinion and since I play Fran as being a sensible perosn from my point of view Nicole's reactio is a over reaction to ridiculous degreees. Thre was a teacher in Norway recently who told that her studets had called her racist since she had said it is ice it is going towards spring so it will be lighter outside, for the she said lgith was better than darkness. To me Nicole's reaction here is that level of over reaction. If somone said I was racist for ejoying to be able to see when I went outside I would not apologize to them but rathe rsuggjest they work with themselves to sort out their issues and Fran would not apologize ever for making what she see as perfectly resonable and polite arguments, se would rather loose a friendship than to cater to such when she did nothing wrong.

Which the first planning meeting would be. To discuss the level of believed risk it would entail (and what can be done to mitigate). If the tech is simply a larger edition of the phone app, it could be argued that it would be more a 'passive scan' than active and thus, indetectable by most critters in the first place. But there would be levels of testing; the first one (the app) already done. This is all dependent on *what* tech the system uses; Nick calls it a 'radar' because it's the easiest way to describe it, however it does not mean it runs on the same principle(s) of a Sleeper radar. I get that icole thik this was an attack on her professionally but I can nto see it as aything other than ad over reaction, which is perfectly fine given her background, ti makes sense she have issues. But Fran is not the kind of person who would grovel in other to appease other's issues.

Nick also has another idea which she'd also like to explore; the hooking up of the app to a HUD for either a pair of wearables or bionic contact lenses. (Though she is actually interested in the latter anyway).

We could make a scene of that planing meeting could be fun.

I merely meant that there's lots of little things to sort out which I don't feel need to be RP'd - simply the outline discussed here. Similar to the vaccination debate last time around, if I remember.

The small things that do nto need a scne to play otu we can do i this thread yes.

Such as we need to flesh out the situation with the Labyrinth. Now, there's two ways we could do this; either work it out here or via an IC scene where the three PC's are exploring/documenting the thing.

Both of those two options work, what do you prefer Warp`It is Colin's Labyritnh now.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 09, 2022 10:53 pm

Sorry but no such an apology is ever going to happen, ever. Now in my personal opinion and since I play Fran as being a sensible perosn from my point of view Nicole's reactio is a over reaction to ridiculous degreees. Thre was a teacher in Norway recently who told that her studets had called her racist since she had said it is ice it is going towards spring so it will be lighter outside, for the she said lgith was better than darkness. To me Nicole's reaction here is that level of over reaction. If somone said I was racist for ejoying to be able to see when I went outside I would not apologize to them but rathe rsuggjest they work with themselves to sort out their issues and Fran would not apologize ever for making what she see as perfectly resonable and polite arguments, se would rather loose a friendship than to cater to such when she did nothing wrong.

Irrelevant point, for you're going at this in the wrong direction. This is not a simple, easily-changed view or a throwaway comment. This is an encrenched, core belief you're talking about here.

One person's 'overraction' is another's 'important point'. That is why I called it a 'Berserk Button' - when something that A thinks is trival B thinks is important and well, sparks fly. I have already explained that Nicole's professionalism is hugely important to her. At least twice. That is established. She feels Fran insulted this, that she crossed a line. Whether you OOC agree with this or not is irrelevant because you are not Nick.

The way to get over this is for Fran to basically assure the disagreement was not meant as an insult on her professionalism, apologise for any hurt felt and hope Nick 'drops it'. That's it. This is the kind of 'bump-smoothing' operation we seen done repeatedly in our lives; both as the 'smoother' and 'smoothee'. It doesn't mean Fran even has to concede any points. It's basically, an apology for touching the berserk button. Which everyone has.

Lastly. If Fran won't apologise to Nick because 'she did nothing wrong' and that's held to be correct course of action by others, well nobody can lecture Nick in not apologising to Flavian and/or the Worcester Chantry for the exact same reason.

We could make a scene of that planing meeting could be fun.

I'm thinking all the technomancers, so Freddie, Miles, Narim and Jon. Would anyone else be a good fit for this project?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 10, 2022 12:56 am

While the Labyrinth needs sorting out, it is the sort of thing we can do "offscreen" - essentially a summary of what space there is, what assets were recovered, and so on. Assume Colin will request some help to open the door (until he's capable of doing so for himself) to make sure the poor li'l guy isn't left to starve, and so on.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 10, 2022 9:49 am

Irrelevant point, for you're going at this in the wrong direction. This is not a simple, easily-changed view or a throwaway comment. This is an encrenched, core belief you're talking about here.

One person's 'overraction' is another's 'important point'. That is why I called it a 'Berserk Button' - when something that A thinks is trival B thinks is important and well, sparks fly. I have already explained that Nicole's professionalism is hugely important to her. At least twice. That is established. She feels Fran insulted this, that she crossed a line. Whether you OOC agree with this or not is irrelevant because you are not Nick.

The problem is that both I and Fran would have to twist our brains into a kot to understad ow anyone can see what Fra said as any attack on Nicol's professionalism, and as such Fran did othig wrog. That Nicole have a issue is perfectly fine, but she is not likely to ever get a apology. From Fran's point of view that Nicole want to twist her words into a isult do nto eman she is owed and apology.

The way to get over this is for Fran to basically assure the disagreement was not meant as an insult on her professionalism, apologise for any hurt felt and hope Nick 'drops it'. That's it. This is the kind of 'bump-smoothing' operation we seen done repeatedly in our lives; both as the 'smoother' and 'smoothee'. It doesn't mean Fran even has to concede any points. It's basically, an apology for touching the berserk button. Which everyone has.

Fra do nto think she have done anyting wrong and will not apologize for expressing her opinions, if Nicole wish to make a big deal otu of that, it is on Nicole.

Lastly. If Fran won't apologise to Nick because 'she did nothing wrong' and that's held to be correct course of action by others, well nobody can lecture Nick in not apologising to Flavian and/or the Worcester Chantry for the exact same reason.

Those situations are completely different.

One is a person who is compltley unresonably sensitive about a topic and twit anything they could possibly see as touching on it into an insult.

The other is a complete asshole who is prickly about not getting the respect he think he is due however unfortuatly for Nicole he outrank her and the Traditions ahve strict rules about rank.

That is ntot he same thing. But eve ahd Nicole been a Master it would be hard to get any Traditio Tribunal to see Fran's comments as an isult in ay way shape or form.

I'm thinking all the technomancers, so Freddie, Miles, Narim and Jon. Would anyone else be a good fit for this project?

Maybe Bruce.

While the Labyrinth needs sorting out, it is the sort of thing we can do "offscreen" - essentially a summary of what space there is, what assets were recovered, and so on. Assume Colin will request some help to open the door (until he's capable of doing so for himself) to make sure the poor li'l guy isn't left to starve, and so on.

Sounds good.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 10, 2022 2:22 pm

The problem is that both I and Fran would have to twist our brains into a kot to understad ow anyone can see what Fra said as any attack on Nicol's professionalism, and as such Fran did othig wrog. That Nicole have a issue is perfectly fine, but she is not likely to ever get a apology. From Fran's point of view that Nicole want to twist her words into a isult do nto eman she is owed and apology.

Fra do nto think she have done anyting wrong and will not apologize for expressing her opinions, if Nicole wish to make a big deal otu of that, it is on Nicole.

You don't have to 'see it', just accept it is there and a) try to remove it or b) try to go around it. Okay, it's possible Fran has Empathy 0, but generally speaking it's a kinda dumbly stubborn way of being. That's the whole thing about 'smoothing things over'; it often relies on people being a bit flexible and fuzzy to allow the issue to be pasted over and (hopefully) forgotten.

One is a person who is compltley unresonably sensitive about a topic and twit anything they could possibly see as touching on it into an insult.

The other is a complete asshole who is prickly about not getting the respect he think he is due however unfortuatly for Nicole he outrank her and the Traditions ahve strict rules about rank.

That is ntot he same thing. But eve ahd Nicole been a Master it would be hard to get any Traditio Tribunal to see Fran's comments as an isult in ay way shape or form.

Yet... Nicole doesn't think she's done anything wrong either. The fact that 'the rules' say she did shows - to quote Dickens - that the law is an ass. And to move onto quoting the Bard; it's a rule in this case best honoured in the breach.

However, Colin shall be able to explain that for pragmatic reasons that it's best for her to at least compose a kind of 'sorry you fell that way' letter or something. She may not like it, but she shall accept it. If Nick pissed off someone she generally liked by accident, she would do similar. That it's simply too minor a quarrel to lose a friend over. She's all for principled stands, but not over something this small. Lastly, who has the right to correctly define what is 'reasonable' or not in this situation? Nick is being irrational, but people are irrational. I suspect the line 'be forgiving of others foibles in the hope they shall be forgiving of yours' has more resonance for Mages, who are basically a bunch of weirdos.

That's one of the many issues needing do be dealt with; others being such as 'how much does it eat' and 'is there anything dangerous left on here?'. I could see these issues (and more) being done as an IC thread, discussing the issues regarding it and so on, while wandering about doing a 'stock take' of the objects. As vaguely outlined before, Nick has the idea of using the place as rental space for other mages/chantries (Nick had the idea of using a part of it as combat training rooms). I can't remember if Serge has been there yet either; he might want to visit Rodregio too.

But I'm personally not fussed either way. Merely thinking aloud.

Maybe Bruce.

Fair enough. Shall Colin invite himself to this too?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 10, 2022 2:59 pm

You don't have to 'see it', just accept it is there and a) try to remove it or b) try to go around it. Okay, it's possible Fran has Empathy 0, but generally speaking it's a kinda dumbly stubborn way of being. That's the whole thing about 'smoothing things over'; it often relies on people being a bit flexible and fuzzy to allow the issue to be pasted over and (hopefully) forgotten.

So Nicole should be allowed to behave exactly as she wish ad if anyoe ever triggers her hang ups by accident they should beg forgivness and prostrate themselves before her? That is just not how things work.

Now I cosider myself to have allot of empaty but there is o way in hell I would have apologized in a situatio like that.

This remid m of a situation I read oline, where a black woman was going completely ballistic becaus a man had asked her if the number seven bus had already left. He was late for the bus and asked the first person he saw if the bus had already left and this woman went on and on about how this was oe mroe white person who wanted a service from black women, then she complained that insted of apologizing when she had yellwed at him for daring to ask about the bus he had just looked at her dumbfunded as if she was crazy.

I told her that while her reaction was undrstandabl considring the discrimination she had experienced but this guy did nothig wrog he asked a inocent person, he did nto care who was sitting at the bus stop he just wanted to know if they knew if the bus had already left. Now her reaction was understandabl considering her trauma but that do nto eman the person she was rude to should apologize for you kow acting like a normal uman being eve if that somehow triggered another person's issues.

Fran do not want to be a door mat and apologize for doing nothing wrong and she would feel that if Nicole want to make a issue out of it then it is Nicole who is unresonabl and it is really her problem and to be honest most if nto all of the Chatry would agree with that.

Yet... Nicole doesn't think she's done anything wrong either. The fact that 'the rules' say she did shows - to quote Dickens - that the law is an ass. And to move onto quoting the Bard; it's a rule in this case best honoured in the breach.

However, Colin shall be able to explain that for pragmatic reasons that it's best for her to at least compose a kind of 'sorry you fell that way' letter or something. She may not like it, but she shall accept it. If Nick pissed off someone she generally liked by accident, she would do similar. That it's simply too minor a quarrel to lose a friend over. She's all for principled stands, but not over something this small. Lastly, who has the right to correctly define what is 'reasonable' or not in this situation? Nick is being irrational, but people are irrational. I suspect the line 'be forgiving of others foibles in the hope they shall be forgiving of yours' has more resonance for Mages, who are basically a bunch of weirdos.

The law is not always fair. Now the difference here bieng most pepole think Nicole had evry excuse to yell at Flavian the problem is that it is against the law, it is perfectly understandable what she did it is just not legal, and oe mage's legal problems have a tendency to affect their Cabal as well.

The discussion between Fran and icole is purely perosnal and ntohing lse. And to be honest it go both ways, against see the top of my post, so Fran is unresonable for nto being willing to be a doormat for Nicole ad apologize whn she did ntohing wrong but Nicole is perfectly justified to demand it orshe will end the friendship because off course she is right and everyone else is wrong? Such things go both ways and to be honst from Fran's point of view she would not want to have a frindsip with someoe who could b triggered by nothing ad rad an insult out of anythingand then not let it go, some things are just nto worth it.

That's one of the many issues needing do be dealt with; others being such as 'how much does it eat' and 'is there anything dangerous left on here?'. I could see these issues (and more) being done as an IC thread, discussing the issues regarding it and so on, while wandering about doing a 'stock take' of the objects. As vaguely outlined before, Nick has the idea of using the place as rental space for other mages/chantries (Nick had the idea of using a part of it as combat training rooms). I can't remember if Serge has been there yet either; he might want to visit Rodregio too.

So you are thinkig we do a IC discussion of what need to be doe and tryig to figure otu waht needs to be done and how much the thing need to eat and such but do the searcign ad teidious parts as just listig up what is found OOC?

Fair enough. Shall Colin invite himself to this too?

His skill with silver might be usable.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next