Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

5 posters

Page 23 of 39 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 39  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 23 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:35 pm

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja wrote:"This is going to be so much fun!"
The little girl said happily.
"Perhaps Jane can come along to and we can play together."
She said and smiled.

"Good idea! Jane should come as well. We can all have fun together." Serge agreed with a nod. "Maybe you could teach Jane how to climb trees. Or you could teach me."

Nicole wrote:It's... Alive!' Nicole quipped in a melodramatic manner with a grin.
Anja wrote:"Yeah it can play music again...it is fun fixing things...now we have to put it back in the case so is is protected."
Cava said happily.

"Speaking of alive..." Serge said putting a few final touches on something he was doodling in Cava's sketchbook.

"I think I"m about ready to transformerize it. Wanna see a little mini-speaker bot Cava? How about you Nicole? You wanna see it too?"

Anja wrote:The little girl's face lit up at the mention of cake and she nodded.
"Yeah Miss Nicole I lie cake very much."

"I like cake too." Serge said quietly to himself although he knew the cake likely wasn't for him.

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yeah, I mean I kept expecting Sin from Final Fantasy to crawl out of my kitchen sink or something."
The young mage said, he still looked spooked by what you had done.
"My idea? Well it was my idea to let you try it out on me, and fuck that worked eh."
He said then he sigh.
"It is just scary to see how easy I could be manipulated in such a way."

"Your not the only one spooked out by that. Most people are. That's why it's so hard to find people who want to be test subjects for my magick. It's hard to detect my magick at all and it can make you do or feel any number of things. And you can't tell people about the spell or else it won't work as strongly. So most people aren't too keen on testing a spell they know nothing about." Serge explained.

"Let me explain those hints further. The runes in the picture are Elder Futhark runes representing 'joy' and 'gift'. I learned the latter from this book." he explained further while holding up Mr. Bergen's rune book, "Put together they could mean a gift that brings joy or a joyous gift. Either way this hot chocolate you gifted me certainly brought me joy."

Anja wrote:"That is different from how I understand it Serge where some here work for the Chantry and do chores to cover their rent but Steelhaven do not provide you food."
Kyle said.
"Perhaps you should look into that, if you have a special arrangement or not."
He commented.
"Taking commissions online might be a good way to earn money, you are really good so I am sure many would be willing to pay to have your art."
He said and nodded.

"The problem is starting." Serge said with a sigh. " No one really tells you where to begin or what to do. I just have to use the shotgun method and display my work everywhere I can hoping that it can gain some attention."

Anja wrote:"Yeah well it is different when you make a character, many triple A titles are about one specific character that already have a face and a personality so you are not meant to change them, they are not RPGs."
Kyle commented.
"That makes sense to me."

"You got me there. I guess I'm just used to play a lot of games where player customization was a thing." Serge admitted. "But I love guys like geralt and Link so I guess I can't complain too much. Do you play many RPG's?"

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 23 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:46 pm

[Café Latvia]

Anja's Post:

'Hi.' Nicole replied, giving a nod. 'I'll have a regular coffee... and a muffin or pastry with pecans on it. If you have any.'

Anja's Post:

'You mind if I write some of this down?' If the older Etherite is okay with it, Nicole will pull out a reporter's notebook and pen and make a series of bullet-points.

Anja's Post:

'So... these Kin-Folk are most valuable as breeding-stock, then? Don't they have any other... use?'

Anja's Post:

Discreetly, Nicole fired up the browser on her phone and quickly typed in "how many babies can a female rat produce in a year?" to the search engine.

Anja's Post:

'Entities? What kind could we be talking about? No such thing as a free lunch, after all.'

Anja's Post:

'Handmaid's Tale, eh?' the large woman quipped darkly. 'I'm getting the feeling many female Kin spend all their time with stretch marks and swollen ankles.' clearly becoming a little more anxious.

Anja's Post:

'Saw a PBS show about wolves once, I did. How that the Alpha mates only with the other Alpha. Do these rules also follow with this? After all, an Awakened Kin is... more Alpha-like than just a vanilla one, right?' wincing a little inside due to the... hesitation regarding the apparent failure of her technical truth.

Anja's Post:

'Is it possible the 'shifters have their own... "Kin-summoning" mojo?' the large woman said with a frown.

Anja's Post:

'So, it doesn't have to be a 'shifter that needs to do the deed to produce it? Like... it can carry dormant over generations?'

[No worries, Great One. Just doing my unofficial job as 'continuity editor'... *smirks*.]

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja's Posts:

'Yep. Why don't you put the speaker back together while I sort it out, yes?' Turning off the stereo and disconnecting the speaker.

Serge's Post:

'Think we're going to see that regardless of my opinion.' Nicole replied, giving a little smirk.

[Junkyard]

Nicole scratched her rear, waiting for the issue with the vampire to be solved... [Skip turn]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:52 pm

[Nicole and Cava]

"Good idea! Jane should come as well. We can all have fun together." Serge agreed with a nod. "Maybe you could teach Jane how to climb trees. Or you could teach me."

"I can do that, it would be allot of fun."
Cava agrees.
"And climbing trees are easy just hand onto branches and use them like a ladder and don't fall down."

"Speaking of alive..." Serge said putting a few final touches on something he was doodling in Cava's sketchbook.

"I think I"m about ready to transformerize it. Wanna see a little mini-speaker bot Cava? How about you Nicole? You wanna see it too?"

"Yes I want to see it, I want to see it."
Cava said jumping up and down from excitement while clapping her hands happily.

"I like cake too." Serge said quietly to himself although he knew the cake likely wasn't for him.

"Everyone likes cake Sir."
Cava said and she look your hand.
"If someone do not like cake they are a little strange."

'Yep. Why don't you put the speaker back together while I sort it out, yes?' Turning off the stereo and disconnecting the speaker.

Cava nodded and she started carefully reassembling the speaker using the screws she had put aside earlier. Once she was done she proudly pointed at it for everyone to admire the now working and fixed speaker.

[Kyle's Room]

"Your not the only one spooked out by that. Most people are. That's why it's so hard to find people who want to be test subjects for my magick. It's hard to detect my magick at all and it can make you do or feel any number of things. And you can't tell people about the spell or else it won't work as strongly. So most people aren't too keen on testing a spell they know nothing about." Serge explained.

"Yeah I get that, and I mean for me it is less about knowing what the spell do as I trust you would not hurt me, but the scary part is someone other than me having control of my mind, the loss of control is really scary. I mean it is like being sedated yes, the more expensive drugs just make you feel sleepy but you can force yourself awake but the cheap shit stuff they sort of just shut your mind down and that is terrifying."
The young mage said and frowned.

"Let me explain those hints further. The runes in the picture are Elder Futhark runes representing 'joy' and 'gift'. I learned the latter from this book." he explained further while holding up Mr. Bergen's rune book, "Put together they could mean a gift that brings joy or a joyous gift. Either way this hot chocolate you gifted me certainly brought me joy."

"I am glad you like it."
Kyle said and he took a sip from his cup seamingly getting over the worst of the shock of the mind control.
"And that are rather nifty use of runes."
He admitted.

"The problem is starting." Serge said with a sigh. " No one really tells you where to begin or what to do. I just have to use the shotgun method and display my work everywhere I can hoping that it can gain some attention."

"You can always try something like etsy, or roleplaying forum allot of players want pictures of their characters. I wish I could help you out though but I only have seven dollar fifty in my pocket and that don't buy allot of stuff, and I want to save up for a gift for Danielle."
He said and grinned a little.

"You got me there. I guess I'm just used to play a lot of games where player customization was a thing." Serge admitted. "But I love guys like geralt and Link so I guess I can't complain too much. Do you play many RPG's?"

"Yeah I have played quite a few, I prefer Japanese ones for RPGs but I have played some like Balduer's Gate and such, but only what I can play on my gaming consoles since my computer is somewhat shitty, I can play old PC games though."
The kid said and nodded.
"What are your favorite one."

[Café Latvia]

'Hi.' Nicole replied, giving a nod. 'I'll have a regular coffee... and a muffin or pastry with pecans on it. If you have any.'

"One regular coffee and a pecan muffin, got it."
The waitress said before she looked at Jade who said.
"A refill for my coffee please Stephanie."
The waitress nodded and she left to get you your order.

'You mind if I write some of this down?' If the older Etherite is okay with it, Nicole will pull out a reporter's notebook and pen and make a series of bullet-points.

"No not at all feel free."
Jade agreed.

'So... these Kin-Folk are most valuable as breeding-stock, then? Don't they have any other... use?'

"Yes their greatest value are as breeding stock, there are few other uses I have observed though, breeding stock, company and family to protect, though some of them will fight at their shapechanger family member's side, though they are to valuable to be shock troops, they are allies, friends and mates."
The other Etherite explained.

Discreetly, Nicole fired up the browser on her phone and quickly typed in "how many babies can a female rat produce in a year?" to the search engine.

You found that under ideal conditions one female rat could have 15000 descendants in a year, babies and the babies offspring. Stephanie returned and placed a cup of coffee before you and a large pecan muffin.
"I hope you will enjoy it Miss."
She said before she went to refill Jade's cup, then she went to attend to the need of other customers.

'Entities? What kind could we be talking about? No such thing as a free lunch, after all.'

"Entities loyal to that type of shapeshifter which they are kin of, it is hard to tell without knowing the type, the spider queen are likely to show herself to the relatives of a werbear for example."
The Etherite said before she took a sip of her coffee again.

'Handmaid's Tale, eh?' the large woman quipped darkly. 'I'm getting the feeling many female Kin spend all their time with stretch marks and swollen ankles.' clearly becoming a little more anxious.

"Yes that would be about right, either that or get some insurance in the form of a shotgun loaded with silver slugs."
The other scientist said simply.
"Nothing says I don't consent to a wercreature like a slug full of silver to the face, for some reason most of them are allergic to the material."

'Saw a PBS show about wolves once, I did. How that the Alpha mates only with the other Alpha. Do these rules also follow with this? After all, an Awakened Kin is... more Alpha-like than just a vanilla one, right?' wincing a little inside due to the... hesitation regarding the apparent failure of her technical truth.

"Again it depend on the kin of what question, for example werwolves have complex honor codexes and due to the presence of what I can only call a feminist grouping in their midst are a little less likely to resort out outright rape than many others. Werbears are gentle giants who will not force themselves on anything, while werrats treat their human kin like garbage, wesharks will breed with anything that moves and the bigger and stronger the better, werspiders often treat their female kin well but not their male who they often mate with and then eat. What is considered prime stock in kinfolk vary allot though, wersharks will look for power and size, they want a ferocious female and therefore seldom choose human mates, while for werewolves it is all about purity of blood, the child of a werewolf and a kin who themselves whee the child of a werewolf for example would be much more desirable than one who are the child of kin who have bred with regular humans for several generations. As for being Awakened that is the strange thing, it probably lessen the chance of a changer offspring, if and Awakened individual where to have a child, there is a good chance your child would Awaken, and the odd thing is Awakened individuals never become changers, few of the shapechangers now this though so they might find you desirable believing they might produce a offspring with your genius and their powers."
Jade said as she tapped the side of her coffee cup.

'Is it possible the 'shifters have their own... "Kin-summoning" mojo?' the large woman said with a frown.

"Yes this is quite possible, but I don't know about such practices, but they might have them."

'So, it doesn't have to be a 'shifter that needs to do the deed to produce it? Like... it can carry dormant over generations?'

"Yes changer offspring can be birthed from kin five generations after a shifter last left their contribution to the bloodline, but every generation lessen the chance of a shifter offspring."
Jade explained.
"Shapeshifters have the longest retention of cryptid traits in their descendants than any other species I have examined."

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Colin nodded, "I am sorry... I know some people; they might be able to help. It... won't bring Veronica back, but it might give you a new lease on life, as it were."

The vampiress looked at you for a moment then she nodded, sadness and pain swam in her eyes.
"I don't want to die."
She muttered.

He smiled darkly, "With my little specialty, I can use the ashes to locate the man and to fuel the spell that brings him down. And yes, I will be as careful as is viable; I have no intention of missing that date; I owe the poor girl that much."

"Yes, good luck with the fight, hopefully it will go smoothly but if this is an elder you will need to be well prepared they should not be trifled with."
Kristina said then her voice hardened.
"Indeed, you do Mr Wainwright."

[quote][He nodded, "Regular enough, I hope - the ones who told us are kinfolk, but it's no great stretch of the mind to think others have caught on, too, and been subsequently disappeared... It seems by all accounts that it's just a matter of time before this blows up in everyone's faces and stern-faced individuals in black suits show up..."/quote]

"Yeah a Prince will have to take that seriously, that is a threat to their secrecy, to all of our secrecy, we do not want a literal witch hunt after all."
The Verbena druidess agreed.

He nodded, "I will speak with our Chief about that, and see if I can barter for some... food... My workshop, at least, is clean; has to be, when I work with so much precious metal."

"Very well that sounds like a solution then, I hope your Chief agrees."
Kristina said.
"As for food...a burned vampire will need about five times as much as usual in order to heal."
She informed you.
"And that is not always easy to find, you can try to bribe a local hospital for their waste though, that should do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:03 pm

[Café Latvia]

Anja's Post:

'Fighting what, exactly?' giving a confused frown. 'Others of their own kind? For territory, breeding stock and the like?'

Anja's Post:

'Thanks.' Nicole said to the waitress, quickly jotting down some figures, occasionally glancing at her phone - finding the original answer just too big to be believable...

...3 viable females per litter -> one litter per two months -> maturity at similar.

Jan - 1
Apr - 4 [1x3+1]
Jun - 16 [4x3+4]
Sep - 64 [16x3+16]
Jan - 256 [64x3+64] PLUS 256 males.

512 rats from one pair in one year. Conservative. Reproduction rate: 1:~250 per year.

10% - 3% 'shifter.

= 51 - 15 'shifters per year.

Let's say 1:200, strip out the 'shifters.

Kinfolk: ~500 [Y1] > 100k [Y2] > 200 20 million? [Y3]

'Shifter pop after three years... 600k to 2 million.

At this point, Nicole muttered 'This can't be right...' and gave another frown. 'Okay... either my math is really off or you're missing something. Or both.' pushing her notepad across the table to Jade to show her quick guestimates.

Anja's Post:

'Their child, not mine.' Nicole corrected. 'Can... cross breeding happen? Like, does it simply have to be a kinfolk or their kinfolk?'

Anja's Post:

'And... how to 'shifter ID their kin?'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... so for most Kinfolk families, it's a fair bet if they dig out dusty attic trunks and ask the old relatives, they'll eventually find out one of them is or was a 'shifter?' Nicole said curiously.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:15 pm

[Nicole and Cava]

Nicole wrote:'Think we're going to see that regardless of my opinion.' Nicole replied, giving a little smirk.
Ajna wrote:"Yes I want to see it, I want to see it."
Cava said jumping up and down from excitement while clapping her hands happily.
Anja wrote:Cava nodded and she started carefully reassembling the speaker using the screws she had put aside earlier. Once she was done she proudly pointed at it for everyone to admire the now working and fixed speaker.

"Alright, time to see if I can be as cool as you guys." Serge said doing impromptu stretching exercises.

Then, dramatically pointing to the speaker that Cava held in her hands, Serge donned a regal medieval era voice and said, "Music-Machine-Man! We have healed thy ailments that you have so long endured! I now commandeth you to reveal yourself to us! Let us bask in the glory that is your true form!"

Absolutely nothing happened after Serge's declarations. However Serge didn't seem to notice. Instead he went close to the speaker and leaned in as if listening to something being whispered to him. "Shhhh. He says....to stop yelling at him. He also says that he will only listens to the one who fixed him. Cava! He'll only come out if you ask him nicely to come out!"

He took a few steps back to let Cava try and coax the speaker to transform, occasionally glancing at his drawing and trying to envision how the speakers would transform. Where the arms and legs would come out and how it would sound. He waited, wanting to cast the spell right after Cava beckoned the machine to come out.

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yeah I get that, and I mean for me it is less about knowing what the spell do as I trust you would not hurt me, but the scary part is someone other than me having control of my mind, the loss of control is really scary. I mean it is like being sedated yes, the more expensive drugs just make you feel sleepy but you can force yourself awake but the cheap shit stuff they sort of just shut your mind down and that is terrifying."
The young mage said and frowned.

"Now that you know what it feels like you'll be better prepared to notice in the future." Serge commented. "That's the first step to defending against this sort of magick. To know that it's there in the first place. Try and see the inconsistencies and then you'll be able to tell which are your thoughts and which ones were placed there."

Anja wrote:"I am glad you like it."
Kyle said and he took a sip from his cup seamingly getting over the worst of the shock of the mind control.
"And that are rather nifty use of runes."
He admitted.

"I'm trying to use them more." he commented taking a few more sips of his hot chocolate. "The second hint was to clue you into inconsistencies in behavior. Both of our behaviors. Did you notice that you began to look for milk and make the hot chocolate before even asking me if I wanted any? Or how I became quite unwilling to comment on your hot chocolate making. "

Anja wrote:"You can always try something like etsy, or roleplaying forum allot of players want pictures of their characters. I wish I could help you out though but I only have seven dollar fifty in my pocket and that don't buy allot of stuff, and I want to save up for a gift for Danielle."
He said and grinned a little.

"I wanna try etsy. Or devientart. Or tumblr. Or all three. Probably gonna do the last one. Then post a bunch of pictures on different subreddits linking to those hubs." Serge said with a sigh.

"What are you planning on buying Danielle? A ghost costume for halloween?"

Anja wrote:"Yeah I have played quite a few, I prefer Japanese ones for RPGs but I have played some like Balduer's Gate and such, but only what I can play on my gaming consoles since my computer is somewhat shitty, I can play old PC games though."
The kid said and nodded.
"What are your favorite one."

"I'm so shit at choosing favorites." Serge said as he struggled to find an answer to the question. "I love all my precious RPG's equally. But the pokemon series has always held a special place in my heart. Played every single one that I could get my hands on. Played every single final fantasy game that I could as well. Legend of Zelda is also a favorite of mine. The original fallout was also an interesting genre change for me. I could go on but just assume every single game I've played I've loved."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:41 pm

[Café Latvia]

'Fighting what, exactly?' giving a confused frown. 'Others of their own kind? For territory, breeding stock and the like?'

"Other Cryptids and large corporations what I have observed."
Jade replied.
"Most of them are not very aggressive towards our kind though thankfully unless we attack them first, they do tend to get testy if one of their kind should happened to be captured for further study in a lab though."

'Thanks.' Nicole said to the waitress, quickly jotting down some figures, occasionally glancing at her phone - finding the original answer just too big to be believable...

...3 viable females per litter -> one litter per two months -> maturity at similar.

Jan - 1
Apr - 4 [1x3+1]
Jun - 16 [4x3+4]
Sep - 64 [16x3+16]
Jan - 256 [64x3+64] PLUS 256 males.

512 rats from one pair in one year. Conservative. Reproduction rate: 1:~250 per year.

10% - 3% 'shifter.

= 51 - 15 'shifters per year.

Let's say 1:200, strip out the 'shifters.

Kinfolk: ~500 [Y1] > 100k [Y2] > 200 20 million? [Y3]

'Shifter pop after three years... 600k to 2 million.

At this point, Nicole muttered 'This can't be right...' and gave another frown. 'Okay... either my math is really off or you're missing something. Or both.' pushing her notepad across the table to Jade to show her quick guestimates.

The other scientist glanced at your calculations and nodded.
"This is for werrats yes? They might have a slower rate of shifters per kin birth however there is also the caste that of each rat born that live to get old enough to become a shapeshifter, as it do not happen at birth but when they are physically mature, at least twenty dies, rats multiply quickly but they employ the breeding strategy of many weak offspring, where the majority die to lack of food or becoming prey to other animals, werrats or Ratkin as they call themselves are the most numerous among the shifters though but not quite as numerous as that."

'Their child, not mine.' Nicole corrected. 'Can... cross breeding happen? Like, does it simply have to be a kinfolk or their kinfolk?'

"A shifter can breed with the kinfolk of another shifter kind but I have observed no significant rise in probability of a shifter offspring resulting from that than if they had bred with a non kin person, if shifters of various kinds mate or kin fro various kind breed the child will be kin to both types."
Jade explained.

'And... how to 'shifter ID their kin?'

"They seam to sense them, I suspect though smell through that theory have yet to be proven."
The researcher said before sipping her coffee.

Hmm... so for most Kinfolk families, it's a fair bet if they dig out dusty attic trunks and ask the old relatives, they'll eventually find out one of them is or was a 'shifter?' Nicole said curiously.

"Indeed if there have not been a shifter somewhere in the family tree the family in question would nto be kinfolk."
Jade confirmed and nodded.

[Nicole and Cava]

"Alright, time to see if I can be as cool as you guys." Serge said doing impromptu stretching exercises.

Then, dramatically pointing to the speaker that Cava held in her hands, Serge donned a regal medieval era voice and said, "Music-Machine-Man! We have healed thy ailments that you have so long endured! I now commandeth you to reveal yourself to us! Let us bask in the glory that is your true form!"

Absolutely nothing happened after Serge's declarations. However Serge didn't seem to notice. Instead he went close to the speaker and leaned in as if listening to something being whispered to him. "Shhhh. He says....to stop yelling at him. He also says that he will only listens to the one who fixed him. Cava! He'll only come out if you ask him nicely to come out!"

He took a few steps back to let Cava try and coax the speaker to transform, occasionally glancing at his drawing and trying to envision how the speakers would transform. Where the arms and legs would come out and how it would sound. He waited, wanting to cast the spell right after Cava beckoned the machine to come out.

Cava giggled and she went over to the speaker and patted in gently.
"Come out for us please Mr Speaker."
She said politely clearly enjoying the game.

[Kyle's Room]

"Now that you know what it feels like you'll be better prepared to notice in the future." Serge commented. "That's the first step to defending against this sort of magick. To know that it's there in the first place. Try and see the inconsistencies and then you'll be able to tell which are your thoughts and which ones were placed there."

"Hum...yeah that makes allot of sense, that if one keep track of one's mind the it is easer to notice if there is a thought there which is not one's own."
Kyle agreed and nodded.
"It felt like my thought though, I did want to make more cocoa."

"I'm trying to use them more." he commented taking a few more sips of his hot chocolate. "The second hint was to clue you into inconsistencies in behavior. Both of our behaviors. Did you notice that you began to look for milk and make the hot chocolate before even asking me if I wanted any? Or how I became quite unwilling to comment on your hot chocolate making. "

"I did notice that you acted strange and I asked about that. I guess with starting to make hot cocoa sine I wanted to make some I thought that I could always get started and if you did not want another cup I could always drink it so there is not a great deal of inconsistency there."
The young mage said.

"I wanna try etsy. Or devientart. Or tumblr. Or all three. Probably gonna do the last one. Then post a bunch of pictures on different subreddits linking to those hubs." Serge said with a sigh.

"Why not all three since all of them are free, that way you might reach as many potential customers as possible."
Kyle said and he nodded.
"It is what I would do."

"What are you planning on buying Danielle? A ghost costume for halloween?"

"No why on earth would I do that it might insult her, it would be like getting Mr Riez a Mexican costume or something."
Kyle said and he shook his head.
"I was more thinking of getting her something for her cat, she do really love that cat."

"I'm so shit at choosing favorites." Serge said as he struggled to find an answer to the question. "I love all my precious RPG's equally. But the pokemon series has always held a special place in my heart. Played every single one that I could get my hands on. Played every single final fantasy game that I could as well. Legend of Zelda is also a favorite of mine. The original fallout was also an interesting genre change for me. I could go on but just assume every single game I've played I've loved."

"I like all of those as well, and the Dragon Quest series they are good as well, and of Western RPGs Wizardry and Baldur's Gate are pretty good."
Kyle said.
"I really like those games."
He commented and sipped from his cocoa.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:46 pm

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

'Shit... cooking ain't hard.' Nicole replied, rolling her eyes. 'Cooking with ingredients from a gas station and only a microwave and coffee-maker, now that's hard.'

"That does indeed sound hard. Well, I will try not to put you through the pains of my cooking unless it's the five things I know how to make. Or until I have time to improve."

'Hell no, you ain't driving. Hate being a passenger, me.' Nicole replied, sliding out of the booth, shoving in the last of her bun and pulling out a wad of cash to pay. 'Plus, we need to go to the grocery store. No, wait... a packy. Crap... it's Sunday, can't get my Old Crow.'

He grinned. "So you said before and I hoped you would say again." He also pulled out some money to pay and a tip then cleared the tray off the table. "Ah, right I forgot momentarily about the supplies. Alright, let's go then." He headed for the door. "Dare I ask what Old Crow is, besides some kind of alcohol?"

[Adley and Narim, after Chicago; Steelhaven, late morning]

"Perhaps your voice will evolve as your magick evolves especially since it is also one of your most important tools to practice your art the way I understand it?"
Narim said. "It would make sense such a tool then evolve as your magick do."

"That's what I'm thinking too. It might even be something that could help me for...other endeavors that I overlooked. Right there all the time, and I just didn't understand. Well, we shall see if that is the case or not. It should not be too hard or take too much time to test some of the limits."

"Sounds good, let me know then?"
The Virtual Adept said and he smiled a little.

"I will."

"Off course Sir."
Yuki said as she went to get the check and presented it to you on a plate, the cost of the food was quite reasonable.
"You two have a good day now and please come again, thank you for your patronage."
She said and she bowed. Narim smiled.
"Thank you Miss I am sure we will."

"Have a good day," he replied to her. He got up to push in the seat, looking around the restaurant again and then at the door. He followed Yuki's movment a moment and then stood there for a few seconds, assessing everything was normal again before they left. Then he nodded to Narim and headed for the door with him, stopping at the door to make sure the exit was clear and they would get through without trouble. Out on the street was the same, he kept looking around and as they came to a stop near the sushi place waiting for the light to change, he looked suddenly ill at ease. He was soaking in tiny details of where they were - sounds, smells, and the weather and it was all starting to build into a very specific and unpleasant feeling that he'd had before once in the park when he wanted everyone at home, where it was /safe/ but worse. He began to think over everything that had just happened and looked at Narim, then back around. He remembered his brother being shot down on his way to the store, quite suddenly and wanted to go home even more. "Hey I don't...like talking about certain things outside, you know. Just...it's not safe. You never know who is listening or watching you, inside or out. I don't want anything bad to happen."

[Adley's return from Chicago]

He smiled wryly, "Understatement of the year, I think. Imagine, then, learning that I was the singularly most reviled traitor in the history of the Traditions, and that a tiny, barely conscious fragment of their souls survived being torn apart - and for that matter, I remember those last minutes clearly, to boot... and then I also learn that the Cabal and family we loved back then have reincarnated in this day and age, leaving me to inherit one hell of an obligation to atone for past sins... Eight of the original Nine have been reincarnated; the ninth cannot be, but his replacement has been born, and Fate will likely play a part in bringing them into the fold... I'll let you guess at who the ninth is."

"No kidding," he agreed with feeling. "Wait, I don't like guessing games when it comes to things like this and I /still/ really don't understand all of that or why you think that it's necessary other than what you said, to help remediate a past mistake. If it's safe enough to talk of it, that is..."

// the Avatar Storm has not happened yet, also, which is why there are still so many Master mages and we can go to Horizon.It's kind of been obliquely hinted that in the future it might be a thing, though.

He shook his head, "Anna saw her mother die, and Gabriel was the one who squeezed the last bit of life from her... That part of the timeline must appear to remain undisturbed, or I'll have an irate Paradox Spirit raiding my tea cabinet before I can say 'oops'. No, the plan is to slip in between the seconds, so to speak, and in one way or another replace Anna's mother as she lies dying with a lifeless, mindless clone, while bringing the original back to the future for immediate medical care. It will be ridiculously tricky to pull off, but doing so, well... Anna prayed for me to save her mother, seven years ago in the Labyrinth. Just before I found her darling little doll in the floor, if you recall..."

He shook his head. "But that in itself was a time...thing, for lack of a better word. Episode? Event. Let's go with event."

He grimaced, "It will take luck... and not much else I can think of. The most important thing to do, I think, is to not seek that soul out."

"I'm pretty sure I don't like the sound of this. I know you have pulled off some incredible things, but you're going to give me an ulcer all the same." He looked at the beer in hand, which was disappearing at a normal rate and then took a deep breath.

// lol@ Warp's post - I read that as the 'most reviled /tailor/ and I thought...Garak? xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:43 pm

"That's what I'm thinking too. It might even be something that could help me for...other endeavors that I overlooked. Right there all the time, and I just didn't understand. Well, we shall see if that is the case or not. It should not be too hard or take too much time to test some of the limits."

"I could run a few tests now if you like before we head out for lunch."
Narim offered.
"Or another time if that works better for you."
He added quickly.

"I will."

The Virtual Adept smiled warmly at that.

"Have a good day," he replied to her. He got up to push in the seat, looking around the restaurant again and then at the door. He followed Yuki's movment a moment and then stood there for a few seconds, assessing everything was normal again before they left. Then he nodded to Narim and headed for the door with him, stopping at the door to make sure the exit was clear and they would get through without trouble. Out on the street was the same, he kept looking around and as they came to a stop near the sushi place waiting for the light to change, he looked suddenly ill at ease. He was soaking in tiny details of where they were - sounds, smells, and the weather and it was all starting to build into a very specific and unpleasant feeling that he'd had before once in the park when he wanted everyone at home, where it was /safe/ but worse. He began to think over everything that had just happened and looked at Narim, then back around. He remembered his brother being shot down on his way to the store, quite suddenly and wanted to go home even more. "Hey I don't...like talking about certain things outside, you know. Just...it's not safe. You never know who is listening or watching you, inside or out. I don't want anything bad to happen."

Youki smiled at you then she moved on to another customer before she took the time when no one needed her to clean another table. You went outside with Narim and for a while he was silent then as you spoke he nodded.
"I believe we are safe Adley, we can never know for sure off course no one can but I believe we are safe."
He said then he looked at you for a moment before he said.
"You know what, perhaps returning home and having desert there would be nice, I have bananas, some boxed ice cream and honey, I could make us some banana splits, home cooking is always nice."
He said clearly seeing that there might be to many impressions for you right now and wanting to give you and out to return to the calm of the Chantry without loosing face and without drawing attention to your behavior.
"Unless off course you prefer getting some dessert at the ice cream shop."
He added to give you both options without adding any pressure for either of them.
"Whichever you prefer."

(OOC: Garak indeed. Razz )

(OOC 2: Yeah the Horizon War have not happened, Dositeppe have not fallen, Porthos is still alive. The Avatar Storm have not happened but it might in te future so everyone can run around the Umbra happily and not risk their Avatars, it is a late 2 edition setting but I have taken some rules from 1 edition and some setting elements from Sorcerer's Crusade, Ars Magica, Revised and new after Revised setting though for the most part it is 2 edition.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:25 pm

"I could run a few tests now if you like before we head out for lunch." Narim offered. "Or another time if that works better for you." He added quickly.

"Sure, then you can ask Colin better questions."

"I believe we are safe Adley, we can never know for sure off course no one can but I believe we are safe."
He said then he looked at you for a moment before he said.

"I believed I was safe on my way home from work, a few weeks ago. My brother thought he was safe, too; he went out and never came back. Because we were both wrong, didn't know it because we weren't paying attention. I got lucky and he didn't."

"You know what, perhaps returning home and having desert there would be nice, I have bananas, some boxed ice cream and honey, I could make us some banana splits, home cooking is always nice."

He twitched slightly and then looked from the street back to him and nodded, relieved. "I like home cooking. Even if it's not cooking, because it's ice cream. Unless you're making ice cream soup," he babbled.

"Unless off course you prefer getting some dessert at the ice cream shop."
He added to give you both options without adding any pressure for either of them.
"Whichever you prefer."

"No," he said a bit too quickly, then added, "I mean, maybe next time." Embarrassment began creeping in next. So much for being adventurous. He started out away from the chantry though, just in case anyone was following them. He didn't want to lead them right back home.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:55 pm

[Café Latvia]

Anja's Post:

'Agreed. Though you'll see I've cut a serious margin; 50% death rate, breeding every 3 months instead of 1½...' taking back the notebook and performing a series of calculations '...even if we reduce it to only 5% their reproduction rates are still way higher than wolves, humans or whatever. But that's not my point-' giving a little shrug. '-the point is that unless there's something we don't know, the rat-shifters would be dominant in numbers. So why ain't they in mundie literature and the like? It's like they're the biggest group nobody knows about.'

Anja's Post:

'Have no idea how you'd prove that one.' Nicole replied with a little wry smile. 'So, are the 'shifters utterly dependent on these Kinfolk for reproduction, then? Or do they have similar in other Dimensions?'

Anja's Post:

'How many of these... families are aware of this?'

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja's Post:

'Wait!' Nicole said loudly, on seeing Cava start to put the speakers back together. 'Before you do... let's deal with those silly "special" screws, yes?' moving rapidly and locating a plastic tub the size of a CD spindle - full of small screws, evidently taken off electronics. 'Here-' passing down the container to Cava '-look in here, see if you can find screws with normal heads you can use instead.'

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

'Perhaps it's not responding for she doesn't like being called "Mr Speaker"?' Nicole said with a wry smile, moving into the kitchen area. The sound of the oven opening, and the waft of cake filling the room.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:45 am

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja wrote:Cava giggled and she went over to the speaker and patted in gently.
"Come out for us please Mr Speaker."
She said politely clearly enjoying the game.
Nicole wrote:'Perhaps it's not responding for she doesn't like being called "Mr Speaker"?' Nicole said with a wry smile, moving into the kitchen area. The sound of the oven opening, and the waft of cake filling the room.

"Ask and ye shall receive." Serge thought as he placed his hands on the drawing and closed his eyes. He tapped into his imagination and the boundless imagination of Cava's young child mind. He concentrated on the speaker and imagined how it would look as it transformed. All the tiny moving parts that were so visible in the Michael bay movies. Each one moving in impossible ways to create something wondrous. He imagined its robotic legs unfolding from it's base and lifting him up. He imagined robotic arms coming out of it's side. The top breaking apart into small pieces twisting and turning and recombining to create a small miniature robot head with two blue leds for eyes and an led line that represented it's mouth.

If the spell succeeded the robot would look at Cava and then smile and wave it's little arms while saying in an high-pitched electronic voice:

"Greetings Doctor! My name is Speak-o! Thank you for fixing me!"

(OOC: Mind 3 effect to cause a mental illusion that causes the speaker to appear like it's transforming into a small robot.

Arete Roll: 8, 9, 4, 3 - 3, 9 5, 10 - 1, 6, 8, 4 - 3, 3, 4, 4 (Total Success: 5)

My initial target is Cava and I'll spend a success to target Nicole so she can see it as well. The remaining 4 successes are capable of creating a complex and moving illusion that affects multiple sensations [note: it's not enough for reflexive so the illusion cannot respond to Cava's actions without Serge's direct control]. Serge will affect the targets sense of sight [to see the transformation], sense of sound [to hear the transformation and the robot speak] and sense of touch [in case they wanna pat it's little robot head]. )

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Hum...yeah that makes allot of sense, that if one keep track of one's mind the it is easer to notice if there is a thought there which is not one's own."
Kyle agreed and nodded.
"It felt like my thought though, I did want to make more cocoa."

"Anyways it looks like I can use magick through digital pictures." Serge said looking at his own phone. "At least...I think. It could've just been because we're in the same room together rather than the text I sent you. I'm gonna have to try and send a long distance text message one day and see how that plays out."

Anja wrote:"I did notice that you acted strange and I asked about that. I guess with starting to make hot cocoa sine I wanted to make some I thought that I could always get started and if you did not want another cup I could always drink it so there is not a great deal of inconsistency there."
The young mage said.

"I'll admit that part was a bit of a stretch. That's why I gave the bonus hint." Serge said with a nod. " The reason I was acting strange is kinda stupid actually. I wanted to see if my magick could make you make hot chocolate for me without any input from me at all. Normally I'd be encouraging all the way since it would make the magick harder to resist. But since we were experimenting I wanted to see how far my magick could push you without my intervention."

Anja wrote:"Why not all three since all of them are free, that way you might reach as many potential customers as possible."
Kyle said and he nodded.
"It is what I would do."

"Looks like that's going to be the plan." Serge agreed with a nod.

Anja wrote:"No why on earth would I do that it might insult her, it would be like getting Mr Riez a Mexican costume or something."
Kyle said and he shook his head.
"I was more thinking of getting her something for her cat, she do really love that cat."

Serge began chuckling a bit too hard at the idea of a mexican getting a mexican costume. "Sorry, I shouldn't find that funny but I do. Wouldn't that be a scene to behold."

"Joking aside the cat idea is a good one though. There are plenty of cat toys out there. I'm sure she'll love that. Any cat toys you got your eyes set on?"

Anja wrote:"I like all of those as well, and the Dragon Quest series they are good as well, and of Western RPGs Wizardry and Baldur's Gate are pretty good."
Kyle said.
"I really like those games."
He commented and sipped from his cocoa.

"If you liked Baldur's Gate you should try the original Fallout 1 and 2. It's not fantasy but there still pretty fun and have similar gameplay." Serge suggested. "What's fun in those games is the length of customization and how it affect the story. If you set you intelligence score really low your character becomes an idiot and is unable to read or speak coherently. It makes playing the game extremely hard but it's funny to see the NPC's reaction to your character."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:30 am

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Five? I'll point out "toaster pasty", "cereal" and "chipped beef roll" do not count.' Nicole quipped. 'Plus, how the hell can you not cook?'

Adley's Post:

'What are you, Mormon? It's the best whisky which ten bucks can buy. Well, used to buy... 'bout $12 now. Okay, not the best. Will you accept "cheapest whisky which doesn't taste like carpet"? Haven't had time to make a still yet, or find a place for it to go.'

'Why did you lot have to go to Chicago just before I turned up?' Nicole asked, lighting a smoke once they'd left the restaurant.
[Junkyard]

Nicole shoved a stick of gum in her mouth and waited... [Skip turn]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:37 am

"Sure, then you can ask Colin better questions."

"What if we begin with me changing how I use Entropy for my ward."
Narim said as he sat down by his computer, brought up another screen of code and started typing in with fast, nimble fingers.

"I believed I was safe on my way home from work, a few weeks ago. My brother thought he was safe, too; he went out and never came back. Because we were both wrong, didn't know it because we weren't paying attention. I got lucky and he didn't."

"I understand Adley and you are right we live in a war, but perhaps we live better i we do not live in fear even if we might then be less safe."
Narim said sadly.
"But you should do what you need to be comfortable."

He twitched slightly and then looked from the street back to him and nodded, relieved. "I like home cooking. Even if it's not cooking, because it's ice cream. Unless you're making ice cream soup," he babbled.

"Well cooking and cooking, I have to coat the bananas in honey and fry them, and make the whipped cream but it is not the most involved meal."
The Virtual Adept said elegantly ignoring that you had been babbling.
"Banana splits at my place then."
He declared and smiled and headed in that direction.

"No," he said a bit too quickly, then added, "I mean, maybe next time." Embarrassment began creeping in next. So much for being adventurous. He started out away from the chantry though, just in case anyone was following them. He didn't want to lead them right back home.

Narim let you lead the way back.
"I do not mind cooking for you."
He said and smiled to make you feel better.
"Let's go home Adley."
He added though he also looked a bit concerned he could not completely hide that.

[Café Latvia]

'Agreed. Though you'll see I've cut a serious margin; 50% death rate, breeding every 3 months instead of 1½...' taking back the notebook and performing a series of calculations '...even if we reduce it to only 5% their reproduction rates are still way higher than wolves, humans or whatever. But that's not my point-' giving a little shrug. '-the point is that unless there's something we don't know, the rat-shifters would be dominant in numbers. So why ain't they in mundie literature and the like? It's like they're the biggest group nobody knows about.'

The scientist listened to you and nodded a look of surprise on her face.
"You are correct, indeed you are correct, probably there is something in the werrat breeding plan I do not understand. I need to get some rat kinfolk, as in animal kinfolk and observe their breeding rate and rate of changer manifestation."
She said and she pulled out a huge old notebook and made some notes in it.
"But yes there are quite a number of them but not as many as you describe here."

Have no idea how you'd prove that one.' Nicole replied with a little wry smile. 'So, are the 'shifters utterly dependent on these Kinfolk for reproduction, then? Or do they have similar in other Dimensions?'

"They can have children with regular humans, that is how you get an increase in the kinfolk population and that might result in a shifter offspring, other than in the case of wersharks where with human mating they need to mate with a kindfolk in other to produce another wershark. It is quite possible they have family in other realms, we found some werraven kinfolk up on Horizon."
Jade said and she nodded.

'How many of these... families are aware of this?'

"Most are aware of it however shifters also sleep around and so do kinfolk and this produce kinfolk who can live their entire lives not knowing. Unlike with other lesser Cryptids like for example the offspring of weak vampires, kinfolk do not have allot of noticeable effects, some unusual phobias and desires perhaps and some are attracted to non manifested entities but nothing major it is possible to live one's entire life not knowing what one are."
She replied and sipped her coffee again.

[Nicole and Cava]

'Wait!' Nicole said loudly, on seeing Cava start to put the speakers back together. 'Before you do... let's deal with those silly "special" screws, yes?' moving rapidly and locating a plastic tub the size of a CD spindle - full of small screws, evidently taken off electronics. 'Here-' passing down the container to Cava '-look in here, see if you can find screws with normal heads you can use instead.'

"Yeah...that is a great idea Miss Nicole."
Cava said and she looked through the tube of screws.
"This is like my collection of buttons just with screws that is so cool!"
She exclaimed as she choose some screws to replace the specialty screws with.
"What should I do with the original ones Miss?"
She asked as she handed the tube back after showing it to Serge.
"Sir look at all of these screws!"

Perhaps it's not responding for she doesn't like being called "Mr Speaker"?' Nicole said with a wry smile, moving into the kitchen area. The sound of the oven opening, and the waft of cake filling the room.

"Yeah you are right it could be a girl speaker, or both, Miss Markov is both."
Cava said and she smiled and said.
"Sorry Miss Speaker please come out."

"Ask and ye shall receive." Serge thought as he placed his hands on the drawing and closed his eyes. He tapped into his imagination and the boundless imagination of Cava's young child mind. He concentrated on the speaker and imagined how it would look as it transformed. All the tiny moving parts that were so visible in the Michael bay movies. Each one moving in impossible ways to create something wondrous. He imagined its robotic legs unfolding from it's base and lifting him up. He imagined robotic arms coming out of it's side. The top breaking apart into small pieces twisting and turning and recombining to create a small miniature robot head with two blue leds for eyes and an led line that represented it's mouth.

If the spell succeeded the robot would look at Cava and then smile and wave it's little arms while saying in an high-pitched electronic voice:

"Greetings Doctor! My name is Speak-o! Thank you for fixing me!"

Cava giggled happily and danced around.
"Hi Speako...you are so cute."
She exclaimed as she saw the illusion and she reached out to pet the robot illusion happily.
"You are welcome it was fun to fix you."
She said happily and turned to you.
"Do you see him Sir, is he not cute?"

[Kyle's Room]

"Anyways it looks like I can use magick through digital pictures." Serge said looking at his own phone. "At least...I think. It could've just been because we're in the same room together rather than the text I sent you. I'm gonna have to try and send a long distance text message one day and see how that plays out."

"Send me a text later, create an illusion of Final Fantasy characters perhaps."
Kyle suggested.
"If I see it when you are away from the Chantry that means it works right?"
He said and he seamed to be getting over his initial shock.

"I'll admit that part was a bit of a stretch. That's why I gave the bonus hint." Serge said with a nod. " The reason I was acting strange is kinda stupid actually. I wanted to see if my magick could make you make hot chocolate for me without any input from me at all. Normally I'd be encouraging all the way since it would make the magick harder to resist. But since we were experimenting I wanted to see how far my magick could push you without my intervention."

"I think it had the opposite effect Serge since you behaved oddly I knew something was up, it would probably be better to do before you came over, for then you could see if I had cocoa ready by the time you came calling."
Kyle said and scratched his head.

"Looks like that's going to be the plan." Serge agreed with a nod.

"That sounds good, good luck with that I hope you sell allot of pictures."
The young mage said and he gave you a thumbs up.

Serge began chuckling a bit too hard at the idea of a mexican getting a mexican costume. "Sorry, I shouldn't find that funny but I do. Wouldn't that be a scene to behold."

"A scene of getting slapped I think."
The young widderslainte said and grinned.

"Joking aside the cat idea is a good one though. There are plenty of cat toys out there. I'm sure she'll love that. Any cat toys you got your eyes set on?"

"I was actually thinking about getting some gourmet cat food and a large bad of specialty food for elder cats from the vet, Danielle can't afford to buy these things for her cat and I think she would appreciate it."
Kyle said and smiled a little.

"If you liked Baldur's Gate you should try the original Fallout 1 and 2. It's not fantasy but there still pretty fun and have similar gameplay." Serge suggested. "What's fun in those games is the length of customization and how it affect the story. If you set you intelligence score really low your character becomes an idiot and is unable to read or speak coherently. It makes playing the game extremely hard but it's funny to see the NPC's reaction to your character."

"Sounds like good games. I have to try those."
Kyle agreed.
"Playing an idiot eh, that is a bit fun."
He said with a chuckle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:21 am

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

Five? I'll point out "toaster pasty", "cereal" and "chipped beef roll" do not count.' Nicole quipped. 'Plus, how the hell can you not cook?'

"I didn't count cereal, or Pop-tarts. I counted oatmeal though, since it is not the instant kind. I also didn't count protein shakes since those are not cooked. I mean, I can burn things pretty well..." He shrugged. "It's not something I invested a lot of time in learning, though I did try enough so that I wouldn't starve. I can do basic things, I was slightly exaggerating, I admit."

'What are you, Mormon? It's the best whisky which ten bucks can buy. Well, used to buy... 'bout $12 now. Okay, not the best. Will you accept "cheapest whisky which doesn't taste like carpet"? Haven't had time to make a still yet, or find a place for it to go.'

"No, I'm not a Mormon I just don't drink very much. It is not for any religious reasons, though. I have had an occasional drink with people, socially if it is offered or a special occasion but generally I don't drink. I will accept cheapest whiskey that doesn't taste like floor coverings," he said with a wry grin. "Do you know how to make your own? I bet Colin would love that."

'Why did you lot have to go to Chicago just before I turned up?' Nicole asked, lighting a smoke once they'd left the restaurant.

He frowned a bit at the question then headed for the store as he spoke. "Cutting them off at the pass, so to speak. We needed to prevent them from sending resources."

"What if we begin with me changing how I use Entropy for my ward." Narim said as he sat down by his computer, brought up another screen of code and started typing in with fast, nimble fingers.

"Alright, just tell me when. I'll use the same phrases."

"I understand Adley and you are right we live in a war, but perhaps we live better i we do not live in fear even if we might then be less safe."
Narim said sadly. "But you should do what you need to be comfortable."

He frowned. "I'm not living in fear. I have to protect everyone from threats they aren't aware of, so that they can live better. That's what I do."

"Well cooking and cooking, I have to coat the bananas in honey and fry them, and make the whipped cream but it is not the most involved meal."
The Virtual Adept said elegantly ignoring that you had been babbling. "Banana splits at my place then." He declared and smiled and headed in that direction.

"Okay, you're really going to make all that?"

"I do not mind cooking for you." He said and smiled to make you feel better. "Let's go home Adley." He added though he also looked a bit concerned he could not completely hide that.

"Thank you," he said, ignoring the look because he was not sure what to do about it anyway, and then set off. It wasn't a linear path home but they got there. Once inside, he shut the door behind them. For a microsecond, he felt better. They got home. Everything was okay - and then he looked up the stairs, and remembered that there had been an avatar eater running around attacking people. Prisoners downstairs, and vampires with stakes through them. A paradox spirit in Narim's room. His office where his hand was nigh blown off. Potential danger had pushed and seeped into the cracks where he'd felt at home. He shook his head, brushed a hand down his coat and then looked at Narim and headed upstairs. 'Don't tell me what kind of ice cream it is, that will make a better surprise."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:14 am

"Alright, just tell me when. I'll use the same phrases."

"One moment let me just change the program here, thankfully I don't have to change my entire program, just a few of the perimeters...let me see...that should do it."
He said and pressed enter.
"Ok I will go out in the hallway and you stay in here and talk and I will see if I understand the words."
Narim said then he stood and waited to see if you had any questions before he went out into the hallway.

He frowned. "I'm not living in fear. I have to protect everyone from threats they aren't aware of, so that they can live better. That's what I do."

"That is a noble motivation Adley."
Narim said and he gave you a warm smile.
"Just don't forget that you have to live as well."
He added.

"Okay, you're really going to make all that?"

"It might take all of five minutes. All I need do is peel two bananas and gover them in honey, I have some lowly, soft honey I got at a farmer's marked last month, then the trick is to fry them just right so the banana get soft inside and crisp and sweet on the outside due to the honey. Whipping cream is just putting cream and a bit of sugar in a mixer, it really is no trouble."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled.

"Thank you," he said, ignoring the look because he was not sure what to do about it anyway, and then set off. It wasn't a linear path home but they got there. Once inside, he shut the door behind them. For a microsecond, he felt better. They got home. Everything was okay - and then he looked up the stairs, and remembered that there had been an avatar eater running around attacking people. Prisoners downstairs, and vampires with stakes through them. A paradox spirit in Narim's room. His office where his hand was nigh blown off. Potential danger had pushed and seeped into the cracks where he'd felt at home. He shook his head, brushed a hand down his coat and then looked at Narim and headed upstairs. 'Don't tell me what kind of ice cream it is, that will make a better surprise."

"As you wish, what if you make some coffee while I work on the banana splits? I usually prefer tea but to sweets like ice cream coffe are delicious."
He said, noticing your look but not commenting on it, deciding that you probably would talk about it when and if you where ready to, and for now he was content just making sure he was there to be supportive if you needed it.

Narim led the way up to his room, you passed Henrietta and Cecilia, henrietta deep into an explination on ghost summoning and the other hedge wizard paying close attention. Cecilia curtsy deeply as you and Narim passed while Henrietta bowed to the Deacon and smiled to you.
"Good morning Mr Roth Hicks, Master Sharaya."
She said before she and her new apprentice headed down the stairs in direction of the library. Narim smiled in greeting.
"Miss Day, Miss Sinclair, good morning."

You got to Narim's room and the Virtual Adept went out into the kitchen to wash his hands before he found some bananas and honey, cream, sugar, a pan and two bowls, as he worked he nodded towards a simple coffee maker.
"If you would not mind."
He requested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:02 am

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:The vampiress looked at you for a moment then she nodded, sadness and pain swam in her eyes.
"I don't want to die."
She muttered.
Colin nodded, "I know... nobody does, but I've... heard what awaits vampires. I will see what i can do."

Anja wrote:"Yes, good luck with the fight, hopefully it will go smoothly but if this is an elder you will need to be well prepared they should not be trifled with."
Kristina said then her voice hardened.
"Indeed, you do Mr Wainwright."
He smiled thinly, "Once the first of us sees the first snow in the forecast, that person will contact the other, and we will meet at the appointed place."

Anja wrote:"Yeah a Prince will have to take that seriously, that is a threat to their secrecy, to all of our secrecy, we do not want a literal witch hunt after all."
The Verbena druidess agreed.
He nodded, "Precisely - or Hunters, for that matter. The Ventrue's childer initially assumed that was what we were when we had him pinned down."

Anja wrote:"Very well that sounds like a solution then, I hope your Chief agrees."
Kristina said.
"As for food...a burned vampire will need about five times as much as usual in order to heal."
She informed you.
"And that is not always easy to find, you can try to bribe a local hospital for their waste though, that should do."
He nodded, "My Cabalmate is a doctor at a general hospital - I will ask if he can help out with a little extra."

S7trif3 wrote:"No kidding," he agreed with feeling. "Wait, I don't like guessing games when it comes to things like this and I /still/ really don't understand all of that or why you think that it's necessary other than what you said, to help remediate a past mistake. If it's safe enough to talk of it, that is..."
He looked at Adley for a moment, then nodded and retrieved a few pages from a bookshelf, all covered in Colin's neat script, handing the little stack to Adley, "It's an excerpt from The Fragile Path - I initially meant to copy only Teomim's speech, for Beatrice, but I decided to transcribe the Seer's prophecy as well. It's the description of the future he saw that worries me - I think we're at the time when a new Moloch will show up, and we've got an obligation to stop it. And as for the guesswork - Akrites Ascended; he's not going to reincarnate. Who takes his place is the real question."

S7trif3 wrote:He shook his head. "But that in itself was a time...thing, for lack of a better word. Episode? Event. Let's go with event."
He nodded, "Event is good. It was what was perceived, and I cannot safely alter what they perceived, as such - but I think it might be possible to make the switch in the past, so that they believe they saw what they remember seeing. A simple stage magician's trick, if you will - misdirection and legerdemain."

S7trif3 wrote:"I'm pretty sure I don't like the sound of this. I know you have pulled off some incredible things, but you're going to give me an ulcer all the same." He looked at the beer in hand, which was disappearing at a normal rate and then took a deep breath.
He grinned, "On that note, how is the hair tonic I left in your Pater's care working out?"

((OOC: Garak? I don't know that character; i never watched DS9.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:27 am

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Colin nodded, "I know... nobody does, but I've... heard what awaits vampires. I will see what i can do."

"When I died, when I took those pills and...Veronica came to me and saved me, first I saw beauty..peace as I drived away, I was okey with it, I was young but it was my time, it would be an end to the pain, I saw beings there, I saw my grandparents and then something hit me hard like a glass wall and I fell...towards something, something horrible...indescribable and I screamed, then where was a thin rope holding me, holding me from that terrible place and then I woke up, I was in gruesome pain, becoming a vampire hurts, but I did not care, as long as I was not in that place I did not care how much it hurt..."
The young woman said then tears welled up in her eyes.
"And Veronica...she is there now...she is there at that dark place and no one can help her!"
She cried and she buried her face in her hands as she sobbed ignoring the pain from her burns as she did so.

He smiled thinly, "Once the first of us sees the first snow in the forecast, that person will contact the other, and we will meet at the appointed place."

"Agreed."
Was all Kristina had to say to that.

He nodded, "Precisely - or Hunters, for that matter. The Ventrue's childer initially assumed that was what we were when we had him pinned down."

"Indeed and that could be a big problem, especially if it is an organized group like the Society of Leopold they are called witch hunters for a reason, vampires are not the only thing they kill, if Dane had not protected me while I worked with him I would be a burned corpse by now and my Avatar would have a new host."
The Verbena said sourly.
"So yes hunters are best to avoid."

He nodded, "My Cabalmate is a doctor at a general hospital - I will ask if he can help out with a little extra."

"Good, it do not have to be donated blood either as that go to sick patients though every blood bank through out some blood where testing show it can not be used. More ethical though it is to get a contact at the hospital's lab or phlebotomy clinic. Most of the time when I have been to the doctor's office, which admittedly is not that often, I can fix most health problems myself, but every so often I do get Paradox sick like everyone else, and there are the kids who require regular testing to see if...well they are Awakened and with what my husband is you know what is being searched for, not that we tell the doctor that we send it to the Sons of Ether clinic on Horizon, anyway they have usually drawn an extra tube or so of blood, this is or two reasons, one is to make sure everything flow well and the equipment is alright, also having some extra is useful in case the doctor decide to run more tests, then you don't have to call the patient back, so often you get two tubes extra per patient unless they are a hard draw, very sensitive or scared, in a clinic that might see close to 200 patients in a day those extra tubes add up and they are just discarded, you can feed a wounded vampire on that and it takes from no one as they are just discarded when the lab see that the doctor ask for no more tests and they have everything they need."
Kristina suggested, you could hear the worry in her voice when she spoke of her children though, her husband had been made temporarily human when they where conceived but the pair of them lived in fear of their two Awakened children ever starting to develop vampire blood in their veins, blood that would harm their Avatars. The Verbena did not mention her worry though.
"Ok I should speak with my husband about this and I am sure you have to arrange things on your end."
She said.
"Is there anything else I can do for you for now?"

(OOC: Oh he is just a tailor, he is in no way a super spy master torturer, he is just a tailor. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:33 pm

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"When I died, when I took those pills and...Veronica came to me and saved me, first I saw beauty..peace as I drived away, I was okey with it, I was young but it was my time, it would be an end to the pain, I saw beings there, I saw my grandparents and then something hit me hard like a glass wall and I fell...towards something, something horrible...indescribable and I screamed, then where was a thin rope holding me, holding me from that terrible place and then I woke up, I was in gruesome pain, becoming a vampire hurts, but I did not care, as long as I was not in that place I did not care how much it hurt..."
The young woman said then tears welled up in her eyes.
"And Veronica...she is there now...she is there at that dark place and no one can help her!"
She cried and she buried her face in her hands as she sobbed ignoring the pain from her burns as she did so.
Colin nodded, "That... seems to be the tale of vampires, yes. Cursed by God for something that was done to you... I fear there's little to be done for her soul, though I have heard tales of rare individuals who have been reborn at a later time... She might yet be able to find a way out."

Anja wrote:"Indeed and that could be a big problem, especially if it is an organized group like the Society of Leopold they are called witch hunters for a reason, vampires are not the only thing they kill, if Dane had not protected me while I worked with him I would be a burned corpse by now and my Avatar would have a new host."
The Verbena said sourly.
"So yes hunters are best to avoid."
He nodded, "Quite. Well, let's hope we managed to nip the situation in the bud."

Anja wrote:"Good, it do not have to be donated blood either as that go to sick patients though every blood bank through out some blood where testing show it can not be used. More ethical though it is to get a contact at the hospital's lab or phlebotomy clinic. Most of the time when I have been to the doctor's office, which admittedly is not that often, I can fix most health problems myself, but every so often I do get Paradox sick like everyone else, and there are the kids who require regular testing to see if...well they are Awakened and with what my husband is you know what is being searched for, not that we tell the doctor that we send it to the Sons of Ether clinic on Horizon, anyway they have usually drawn an extra tube or so of blood, this is or two reasons, one is to make sure everything flow well and the equipment is alright, also having some extra is useful in case the doctor decide to run more tests, then you don't have to call the patient back, so often you get two tubes extra per patient unless they are a hard draw, very sensitive or scared, in a clinic that might see close to 200 patients in a day those extra tubes add up and they are just discarded, you can feed a wounded vampire on that and it takes from no one as they are just discarded when the lab see that the doctor ask for no more tests and they have everything they need."
Kristina suggested, you could hear the worry in her voice when she spoke of her children though, her husband had been made temporarily human when they where conceived but the pair of them lived in fear of their two Awakened children ever starting to develop vampire blood in their veins, blood that would harm their Avatars. The Verbena did not mention her worry though.
"Ok I should speak with my husband about this and I am sure you have to arrange things on your end."
She said.
"Is there anything else I can do for you for now?"
He smiled, "I'll ask my resident doctor about that option. And for what it's worth, I'm reasonably confident the children will be fine. Thank you, that should be all... I'll get to handling things on my end, then, and hope this sees some manner of happy end, as far as that is viable. Oh, and give my regards to your husband, as well."

After hanging up, he stepped back to Hildegard and said in a low voice, "A friend in Chicago has some strings to pull - it may be possible to persuade the local Prince to welcome the poor woman into the fold here, and get her a mentor and protector... in the meantime, I mean to offer her sanctuary in my workshop, to protect her from staking in the Chantry. I'll need to get a substantial quantity of blood for her to heal, though - but I can ask Dr. Lee about possibilities for leftovers from the hospital account for that."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:35 pm

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja wrote:"Yeah...that is a great idea Miss Nicole."
Cava said and she looked through the tube of screws.
"This is like my collection of buttons just with screws that is so cool!"
She exclaimed as she choose some screws to replace the specialty screws with.
"What should I do with the original ones Miss?"
She asked as she handed the tube back after showing it to Serge.
"Sir look at all of these screws!"

"There certainly a lot of them." Serge said resisting the temptation to say that Nicole must do a lot of screwing. "I never really got why they made so many."

Nicole wrote:Perhaps it's not responding for she doesn't like being called "Mr Speaker"?' Nicole said with a wry smile, moving into the kitchen area. The sound of the oven opening, and the waft of cake filling the room.
Anja wrote:Cava giggled happily and danced around.
"Hi Speako...you are so cute."
She exclaimed as she saw the illusion and she reached out to pet the robot illusion happily.
"You are welcome it was fun to fix you."
She said happily and turned to you.
"Do you see him Sir, is he not cute?"

"I do see him. I could always see him. And he does look very cute." Serge said with a a smile and  nod as he wrote something into his sketchbook. Nicole likely noticed that when Serge was talking or writing, the robot illusion simply stood idly by.

When Serge was done writing the robot illusion, his l.e.d mouth curving into a smile, spoke once more in it's high-pitched voice, "You must be very talented doctor! The damage I've sustained over the years was quite extensive! I mus...wait! What is that delightful smell?"

The robot began sniffing the air (although it possessed no nose) and said,  "Is that the legendary cake I've heard so much about! Quickly Doctor! We must consume it before it is taken away!"

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Send me a text later, create an illusion of Final Fantasy characters perhaps."
Kyle suggested.
"If I see it when you are away from the Chantry that means it works right?"
He said and he seamed to be getting over his initial shock.

"I don't think it'd be that big of an effect Kyle." Serge said shaking his head. "For one thing, I'm pretty sure the wards around the chantry would stop that. Although I'm not to sure since I don't know to much about our wards."

"But one thing I am sure about is that an illusion as complicated as final fantasy characters would be extremely difficult or even impossible at that distance. The reason I was able to use strong magick now is cause we're so close together. From a distance the illusions that I can sustain become weaker. I could maybe affect one of your senses with something really simple. Like making you hear a baby cry in the distance or make you think a red circle was blue."

Anja wrote:"I think it had the opposite effect Serge since you behaved oddly I knew something was up, it would probably be better to do before you came over, for then you could see if I had cocoa ready by the time you came calling."
Kyle said and scratched his head.

"That's way it was a stupid idea. Just wanted to see if it would work." Serge agreed. "Your idea is much better. But the only reason I was comfortable even doing this was because you agreed and wouldn't get mad. I don't think you'd appreciate it if I mind-messed with you before even asking if it was alright."

Anja wrote:"I was actually thinking about getting some gourmet cat food and a large bad of specialty food for elder cats from the vet, Danielle can't afford to buy these things for her cat and I think she would appreciate it."
Kyle said and smiled a little.

"She'll love it. Mostly because you put so much thought into it." Serge assured. "Gourmet cat food? What's that like? Do they put caviar in it or something?" he mused grinning slightly at the thought.

Anja wrote:"Sounds like good games. I have to try those."
Kyle agreed.
"Playing an idiot eh, that is a bit fun."
He said with a chuckle.

" If you want to stick to fantasy then you should also check out Divinity Original Sin. It's like a modern version of baldur's gate. And in that game you can do cool things like screwing around with the environment to mess with your opponents. You could shoot an oil barrel in the distance which would explode and cover enemies in oil, slowing them down. Then you could use a fireball spell to ignite the oil."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:52 pm

[Café Latvia]

Anja's Post:

'But that would explain why they don't care about "their" humans.' Nicole replied. 'After all, if numbers is the most important thing, you'd get a lot more from a female rat than a woman, even with a 90% death rate. Less likely to complain about being permanently knocked up, too.'

'Finding wild rats is easy. Question is, do you know a way to detect if they're kin or just regular ones?'

'I'm sure there's no way as many as in my calculations. If there was, they'd be so many I think not only would they be in mundie media, but walking our streets openly. So either there's aspects we're not accounting for, your percentages are way off, most are in other Dimensions or...' a significant look for a moment '-they're deliberately hiding their numbers.'

Anja's Post:

'Kinfolk sleep around? That is, more than normal folks?' Nicole replied, with a little smile as she ate part of her muffin. 'As for attracted... are you suggesting that they may be... like, pre-programmed to want to dive in the hay with a 'shifter?'

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja's Post:

A small chuckle on seeing Cava's reaction.

[Did the illusion work on Nicole too?

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'You do protein shakes?' seemingly surprised by this news.

Adley's Post:

'Making booze is easy.' Nicole replied. 'Was doing it as a teen, actually.'

Adley's Post:

'And you learned about this... how?'

[Junkyard]

The large woman looked as though she had several things to say, but wouldn't with the vampire was around. Presumably. [Skip Turn]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:06 pm

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Colin nodded, "That... seems to be the tale of vampires, yes. Cursed by God for something that was done to you... I fear there's little to be done for her soul, though I have heard tales of rare individuals who have been reborn at a later time... She might yet be able to find a way out."

The young vampiress just cried desperately and she did not seam to hear your words.
"No I don't want Veronica to be dead...I don't want her to suffer."
She sobbed.
"I want Veronica back!"

He nodded, "Quite. Well, let's hope we managed to nip the situation in the bud."

"Indeed let us hope so or more trouble will be coming to Boston."
The young Verbena said darkly.

He smiled, "I'll ask my resident doctor about that option. And for what it's worth, I'm reasonably confident the children will be fine. Thank you, that should be all... I'll get to handling things on my end, then, and hope this sees some manner of happy end, as far as that is viable. Oh, and give my regards to your husband, as well."

"Good do so, he should be able to set things up."
Kristina said then she added in a worried tone of voice.
"I hope you are right, but we have to keep testing them to make sure and pray that the tests never show positive."
She said with a sigh.
"I will give him your well wishes and see what we can arrange on our end, goodbye for now Mr Wainwright and good luck."
Kristina said before she hung up on the call.

After hanging up, he stepped back to Hildegard and said in a low voice, "A friend in Chicago has some strings to pull - it may be possible to persuade the local Prince to welcome the poor woman into the fold here, and get her a mentor and protector... in the meantime, I mean to offer her sanctuary in my workshop, to protect her from staking in the Chantry. I'll need to get a substantial quantity of blood for her to heal, though - but I can ask Dr. Lee about possibilities for leftovers from the hospital account for that."

Hildegard looked at you and nodded.
"Very well, I guess the girl deserve a chance at life, I am concerned about transporting her without restraining her though and also about leaving her free before we have dealt with the ringleader just in case she is not as innocent as she appears to be."
The Chorister said and frowned as she glanced at the vampire girl.
"And are you sure you would like to have that creature in your workshop Mr Wainwright?"

[Nicole and Cava]

"There certainly a lot of them." Serge said resisting the temptation to say that Nicole must do a lot of screwing. "I never really got why they made so many."

"I don't know perhaps some people just like variety."
Cava replied happily.

"I do see him. I could always see him. And he does look very cute." Serge said with a a smile and nod as he wrote something into his sketchbook. Nicole likely noticed that when Serge was talking or writing, the robot illusion simply stood idly by.

When Serge was done writing the robot illusion, his l.e.d mouth curving into a smile, spoke once more in it's high-pitched voice, "You must be very talented doctor! The damage I've sustained over the years was quite extensive! I mus...wait! What is that delightful smell?"

The robot began sniffing the air (although it possessed no nose) and said, "Is that the legendary cake I've heard so much about! Quickly Doctor! We must consume it before it is taken away!"

Cava was captivated by the robot illusion and she giggled happily, at the mention of cake she nodded.
"Yeah cake is good...it was fun fixing you though. Ok I should go and eat now then, bye Miss Speako."
She said and she waved happily as she ran out to the kitchen to check on the cake situation.

[Kyle's Room]

"I don't think it'd be that big of an effect Kyle." Serge said shaking his head. "For one thing, I'm pretty sure the wards around the chantry would stop that. Although I'm not to sure since I don't know to much about our wards."

"But one thing I am sure about is that an illusion as complicated as final fantasy characters would be extremely difficult or even impossible at that distance. The reason I was able to use strong magick now is cause we're so close together. From a distance the illusions that I can sustain become weaker. I could maybe affect one of your senses with something really simple. Like making you hear a baby cry in the distance or make you think a red circle was blue."

"How wards work depend on the wards, the ones we are protected by though do not work that way, you would have been invited into the Chantry after all so you can work magick across the Chantry borders until your invitation is revoked."
The young mage said.
"Hum...well let us do it simple then, a sound or something, but not a baby crying, babies crying are damn creepy."
The young mage declared.

"That's way it was a stupid idea. Just wanted to see if it would work." Serge agreed. "Your idea is much better. But the only reason I was comfortable even doing this was because you agreed and wouldn't get mad. I don't think you'd appreciate it if I mind-messed with you before even asking if it was alright."

"No I would not appreciate that much no, I think where the problem with your behavior was though was that it was so unnatural that I could nto help but notice that something was off."
The young mage commented.

"She'll love it. Mostly because you put so much thought into it." Serge assured. "Gourmet cat food? What's that like? Do they put caviar in it or something?" he mused grinning slightly at the thought.

"I hope so yes that she will like it."
Kyle said then he smiled and blushed a little.
"I am not sure, things that cat like I guess, I have never had a cat."

" If you want to stick to fantasy then you should also check out Divinity Original Sin. It's like a modern version of baldur's gate. And in that game you can do cool things like screwing around with the environment to mess with your opponents. You could shoot an oil barrel in the distance which would explode and cover enemies in oil, slowing them down. Then you could use a fireball spell to ignite the oil."

"I have played those games they are pretty good. "What about strategy games to you like those? I have played the Final Fantasy tactics series that is pretty good, and good old command and Conquer and Warcraft and all of those old turn based strategy games."
Kyle said and smiled.
"They are allot of fun to."

[Café Latvia]

'But that would explain why they don't care about "their" humans.' Nicole replied. 'After all, if numbers is the most important thing, you'd get a lot more from a female rat than a woman, even with a 90% death rate. Less likely to complain about being permanently knocked up, too.'

'Finding wild rats is easy. Question is, do you know a way to detect if they're kin or just regular ones?'

'I'm sure there's no way as many as in my calculations. If there was, they'd be so many I think not only would they be in mundie media, but walking our streets openly. So either there's aspects we're not accounting for, your percentages are way off, most are in other Dimensions or...' a significant look for a moment '-they're deliberately hiding their numbers.'

"Yes that is a good theory. I guess I will find out more with further experimentation, the reason why the numbers are off can be as easy as a slower rate of birthing changers than other such creatures or it could be more ominous. I do know that the longer a wercreature live the slower the rate of changer children among their kin, wersharks for exampple do not age at all and the birth of a new one of their kind are extremely rare, I am afraid I can not give you more information without further study though Miss Bouchard."
Jade said then she nodded.
"Certainly I can send you blue prints for a detector which can be easily constructed that will tell you if an animal or a human are kin to a changer."
She offered.
"It is a bit crude but should serve the purpose."

'Kinfolk sleep around? That is, more than normal folks?' Nicole replied, with a little smile as she ate part of her muffin. 'As for attracted... are you suggesting that they may be... like, pre-programmed to want to dive in the hay with a 'shifter?'

"There do seam like some kinfolk to small mammal shifters are more attracted to breeding than regular humans but it is hard to say how much of that is biology and how much of it are often not being inhibeted by the same outdated religious morals as most people. Human beings likes sex Miss Bouchard."
The woman said without a hint of shame or embarrassment.
"Animal kindfolk seam to be the same. Kinfolk often seam attracted to shifters of the breed they are related to but not to the point of it being a compulsion."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:30 pm

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja wrote:Cava was captivated by the robot illusion and she giggled happily, at the mention of cake she nodded.
"Yeah cake is good...it was fun fixing you though. Ok I should go and eat now then, bye Miss Speako."
She said and she waved happily as she ran out to the kitchen to check on the cake situation.

The robot frowned as he saw Cava leave him and run towards the kitchen.

"Umm ..bye. I..uhhh....kinda wanted some cake too.." he said sadly before turning and looking at Serge, "Can you take me to the cake Mr. Handsome Artist Man?"

"Sure thing Speako." Serge said with a smile, essentially talking to himself. He picked up the speaker and followed Cava into the kitchen, wanting some of NIcole's cake as well.

(OOC: I targeted Nicole with the spell as well. So Nicole should be able to see and hear the illusion unless there's something protecting her.)

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"How wards work depend on the wards, the ones we are protected by though do not work that way, you would have been invited into the Chantry after all so you can work magick across the Chantry borders until your invitation is revoked."
The young mage said.
"Hum...well let us do it simple then, a sound or something, but not a baby crying, babies crying are damn creepy."
The young mage declared.

"That's one question answered." Serge said with a nod, having been curious about that aspect of chantry wards for quite some time.

"I'm working on improving my ability to work magick at a distance. Hopefully I'll be able to use my full power no matter where I am in relation to my target. Then I can make you see those final fantasy characters regardless of where you are or where I am." he said with a grin.

"I guess we can do something simple." he said, "How about you go and get something from the common room and I'll see if I can make you see something strange?"

Anja wrote:"No I would not appreciate that much no, I think where the problem with your behavior was though was that it was so unnatural that I could nto help but notice that something was off."
The young mage commented.

"Can't really argue with that. I'm not used to being passive and cold Serge." Serge said with a smile, humorously proving his point.

Anja wrote:"I hope so yes that she will like it."
Kyle said then he smiled and blushed a little.
"I am not sure, things that cat like I guess, I have never had a cat."

"So they eat anything except specifically what their owners tell them to eat. At least according to the internet." he said with a grin.

Anja wrote:"I have played those games they are pretty good. "What about strategy games to you like those? I have played the Final Fantasy tactics series that is pretty good, and good old command and Conquer and Warcraft and all of those old turn based strategy games."
Kyle said and smiled.
"They are allot of fun to."

"Final Fantasy Tactics was always fun. Since you have a psp the Disgaea series is something you should look into. It's turn-based tactics just like final fantasy tactics." he suggested. "You ever try the civilization series? That's a different kind of strategy game but is quite fun as well."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:45 pm

[Café Latvia]

Anja's Post:

'But what decides whether the... creature is a kinfolk or actual 'shifter?' Nicole replied with a little frown. 'You said before a 'shifter can't Wake Up... but kin can. Does this work the other way too - that an Awakened kin can't learn to 'shift either?'

Anja's Post:

'Ain't you worried that your studies are going to lead to serious trouble? Can't imagine 'shifters would be very happy about it.'

Anja's Post:

'Though it depends on just how long... "the spark" can carry through the generations without any fresh... "input", doesn't it? Can't be that long, otherwise we'd be back at the rat-changer scenario - so common they'd be able to make a break for wider society.'

[Did Serge's effect with the speaker work on Nicole too? Nobody's said...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:41 pm

[Nicole and Cava]

The robot frowned as he saw Cava leave him and run towards the kitchen.

"Umm ..bye. I..uhhh....kinda wanted some cake too.." he said sadly before turning and looking at Serge, "Can you take me to the cake Mr. Handsome Artist Man?"

"Sure thing Speako." Serge said with a smile, essentially talking to himself. He picked up the speaker and followed Cava into the kitchen, wanting some of NIcole's cake as well.

"Oh sorry."
Cava said and turned towards the speaker and smiled at the illusion.
"I can get you some cake as well Speako."
She said apologetically.
"Because you are so cute."
She said happily and ran towards the kitchen again.

[Kyle's Room]

"That's one question answered." Serge said with a nod, having been curious about that aspect of chantry wards for quite some time.

"I'm working on improving my ability to work magick at a distance. Hopefully I'll be able to use my full power no matter where I am in relation to my target. Then I can make you see those final fantasy characters regardless of where you are or where I am." he said with a grin.

"I guess we can do something simple." he said, "How about you go and get something from the common room and I'll see if I can make you see something strange?"

"That works for me."
Kyle said and nodded.
"And I guess we are all trying to improve our magick."
He said.
"Ok I will run down to the common room then let me see what you can do."
He said and grinned.

"Can't really argue with that. I'm not used to being passive and cold Serge." Serge said with a smile, humorously proving his point.

"Yeah pretending to be might not be your strong point."
The young mage commented wryly.

"So they eat anything except specifically what their owners tell them to eat. At least according to the internet." he said with a grin.

"Yeah I have heard that they are rather willful."
Kyle said with a grin.
"I hope Danielle's cat will like the food I buy it though."

"Final Fantasy Tactics was always fun. Since you have a psp the Disgaea series is something you should look into. It's turn-based tactics just like final fantasy tactics." he suggested. "You ever try the civilization series? That's a different kind of strategy game but is quite fun as well."

"Yeah civilization is fun."
Kyle said and nodded.
"I will look into the Disgaea series found like it could be interesting."
He said then he stood.
"Well i should head down to the common room then to do your little experiment Serge."

[Café Latvia]

But what decides whether the... creature is a kinfolk or actual 'shifter?' Nicole replied with a little frown. 'You said before a 'shifter can't Wake Up... but kin can. Does this work the other way too - that an Awakened kin can't learn to 'shift either?'

"Generics I would assume, it would be like having an inheritable taint like a illness in a family, the entire family are likely carrier of the gene but only some family members get sick. No someone who is Awakened can not become a shapechanger, well not that kind of shapechanger, I have seen plenty of Verbena and Dreamspeaker shapechange but that is a bit different, I do not know the reason why though I have been looking for a shapechanger to vivicect to find out more for some years now, especially I am interested in their brains, but the creatures have proven hard to capture and restrain."
The Etherite said, mostly to herself.

'Ain't you worried that your studies are going to lead to serious trouble? Can't imagine 'shifters would be very happy about it.'

"They are generally not happy no but all science carry with it an element of risk, and the Chantry I live in are generally well protected."
Jade said and shrugged.

'Though it depends on just how long... "the spark" can carry through the generations without any fresh... "input", doesn't it? Can't be that long, otherwise we'd be back at the rat-changer scenario - so common they'd be able to make a break for wider society.'

"Like I said it is around five generations or so."
The scientist said.
"So the trait remain for a while."

(OOC: Serge did extend the illusion to Nicole he said.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:45 pm

"One moment let me just change the program here, thankfully I don't have to change my entire program, just a few of the perimeters...let me see...that should do it."
He said and pressed enter.

"No problem."

"Ok I will go out in the hallway and you stay in here and talk and I will see if I understand the words." Narim said then he stood and waited to see if you had any questions before he went out into the hallway.

"Ready," he said with a nod. After all his part was easy enough, just talk as he had before, which was what he did.

"That is a noble motivation Adley." Narim said and he gave you a warm smile." Just don't forget that you have to live as well." He added.

"I have my duties to fulfill..." he said, warily.

"It might take all of five minutes. All I need do is peel two bananas and gover them in honey, I have some lowly, soft honey I got at a farmer's marked last month, then the trick is to fry them just right so the banana get soft inside and crisp and sweet on the outside due to the honey. Whipping cream is just putting cream and a bit of sugar in a mixer, it really is no trouble."

"That sounds...really good."

"As you wish, what if you make some coffee while I work on the banana splits? I usually prefer tea but to sweets like ice cream coffe are delicious."
He said, noticing your look but not commenting on it, deciding that you probably would talk about it when and if you where ready to, and for now he was content just making sure he was there to be supportive if you needed it.

"Alright, I can do that," he agreed.

Narim led the way up to his room, you passed Henrietta and Cecilia, henrietta deep into an explination on ghost summoning and the other hedge wizard paying close attention. Cecilia curtsy deeply as you and Narim passed while Henrietta bowed to the Deacon and smiled to you. "Good morning Mr Roth Hicks, Master Sharaya." She said before she and her new apprentice headed down the stairs in direction of the library. Narim smiled in greeting. "Miss Day, Miss Sinclair, good morning."

He looked at the pair and nodded to them. "Ladies. Is it still morning? Soon to be afternoon. I hope you have been doing well," he said to them.

You got to Narim's room and the Virtual Adept went out into the kitchen to wash his hands before he found some bananas and honey, cream, sugar, a pan and two bowls, as he worked he nodded towards a simple coffee maker. "If you would not mind."

He washed his hands also and then went to make the coffee, trying to focus on that and not all the other things that vied for his attention, aside from Narim. "I think my pater would like one of those Arabic or Turkish style coffee makers," he said, after a moment. He wiped his hands on a handtowel to brush off the coffee grounds and then folded his hands across his chest as the machine percolated. He started to say something a few times then stopped, moving out of the way of him so he could cook to lean against a bit of counter or a table. "I don't know...what happened I just get this feeling sometimes like I /need/ to get everyone somewhere safe, where I can protect them. It's like being squeezed from the inside until I can't think of anything else." He frowned. "I don't know what exactly sets it off. It's like...like a herding dog instinct I don't know," he said finally, then turned back to the pot to meddle with some of the stuff on the counter in agitation.

e looked at Adley for a moment, then nodded and retrieved a few pages from a bookshelf, all covered in Colin's neat script, handing the little stack to Adley, "It's an excerpt from The Fragile Path - I initially meant to copy only Teomim's speech, for Beatrice, but I decided to transcribe the Seer's prophecy as well. It's the description of the future he saw that worries me - I think we're at the time when a new Moloch will show up, and we've got an obligation to stop it. And as for the guesswork - Akrites Ascended; he's not going to reincarnate. Who takes his place is the real question."

He took the pages and started to read them, noting Colin's handwriting style. "I see...perhaps I am being dense. Or a bit avoidant to this situation...we have so many things going on right now, that's about the last thing we need to add to the heaping pile," he said with a frown at him. Then as he said the Seer ascended and then said, "Ah. Hrm..." He shook his head and continued to read. "So it's not good enough to prevent this disaster once, but we have to do it again?"

He nodded, "Event is good. It was what was perceived, and I cannot safely alter what they perceived, as such - but I think it might be possible to make the switch in the past, so that they believe they saw what they remember seeing. A simple stage magician's trick, if you will - misdirection and legerdemain."

"Seems a trick, I don't know how much Fate likes being tricked, do be careful."

He grinned, "On that note, how is the hair tonic I left in your Pater's care working out?"

"I should try it out in advance...keep mine from going white and falling out /before/ it happens."

// Garak was a 'simple tailor' and also an ex-spy for the Cardassian Intelligence lol - he was the best character in the series

[Adley and Nicole go to Beef Barn]

'You do protein shakes?' seemingly surprised by this news.

"They are very convenient after I've burned up breakfast from running or training and I am not ready for lunch, for example."

'Making booze is easy.' Nicole replied. 'Was doing it as a teen, actually.'

"So is making food, according to you. I suppose pallatebility is the key difference between edible and enjoyable."

'And you learned about this... how?'

"Intel," he said with a shrug. "I'm not sure how much liberty I am to tell you of some things, especially out here, but you can always ask the higher ups about it if you wish and see what they tell you, or at least when Colin is around," he said.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 39 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 39  Next