Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

5 posters

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 30 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:08 pm

[The Grand Dame from the Cult of Ecstasy]

Colin nodded, "Well, I'm only assigned to bring lunches for the infirmary patients today, so their loss, I suppose... I've got a few different options; roast beef with Dijon, BLT, LGBT, and tomato and egg. Any preferences?"

Miss White raised an eyebrow at some of the choices you listed.
"Roast beef will be lovely Sir."
She said with a smile.

He smiled, "But of course, Ma'am, last I checked, it's still a requirement for Her Majesty's military - and Officer and a Gentleman. We do have certain traditions to maintain, even if our Empire is long gone. I would be delighted to show you my craft; I'm sure Mr. Yager will be able to show you down after lunch. I'm afraid I may not linger, since my employee needs her lunch break, as well, and I only came by to serve the patients here. On that note, may I offer either of you a sandwich and some Spotted Dick with custard? I have roast beef with Dijon mustard, BLT, LGBT, and egg and tomato as options... I'm afraid I didn't think so far as a vegetarian option..."

"I will be sure to ask the boy to take me to your store so I can have a look at your wares Mr Wainwright, and yes off course, the English are many things, most of them quite horendus but they do value manners, they have that going for them."
Master Babu said.
"Ah I will be delighted to have a custard, I am however vegetarian so this egg and tomato dish of yours do it contain meat, for if so I am afraid I will have to refuse your wonderful hospitality with the deepest regrets."
The woman said and smiled. Ange gave you a grateful smile.
"BLT perhaps if you have it Mr Wainwright and thank you this is kind of you."
The wounded Cultist said.

He smiled thinly, "You talked a... former Nephanda into helping us, you were instrumental in resolving a hostage situation without further violence or bloodshed, and as was pointed out, you gave the more senior members of the Chantry, including Deacons, the peace of mind to focus on fighting by helping tend the younger apprentices, including my my daughter after I retrieved her from Chicago and then had to deal with some legal matters... You may not feel a need to brag about what you've done here, but there's no need to downplay what you've accomplished, either. Credit where credit is due, son; you've done well... more than that, you've done good."

Ange nodded approvingly at your words to her young student.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He smiled thinly, "There is a little more to it than Tremere's betrayal, but that's as much as I believe I can freely share. Suffice to say, many Magi fear vampires a little more than is probably necessary. And it's Wainwright. Colin Wainwright. But you'll see that on my shop window, soon enough."

"It is nice to meet you Mr Wainwright."
Olive said and smiled.
"I would shake your hand but...yeah...ehm why do mages fear my kind with what you can do, I mean what you can do is terrifying."
The young vampire commented.

He nodded, "A static existence, very slow to grow and change... an unaging, spoiled child with power is a dangerous thing; learning to restrain oneself is usually something one only learns as one grows into an adult..."

"Yeah that do sound like it would be a bad idea."
Olive agreed.
"Do you think this Nicolai will be executed Sir? I mean I feel a bit bad for him even if he probably deserve it, vampires are not kind to one another."

[Ghost Day]

He smiled thinly, "Twin gunshot wounds through the heart... It was over before his head hit the floor. He requested to not be shot through the head like you were... I acquiesced, and made his death as clean and quick as possible."

The ghost woman touched the side of her head where the wound was and she gave you a sad, angry look.
"I did not die...at once there where a while where everything here strange where I could not think...it was horrible..."
She muttered.
"I want my little boy back."

He grinned, "Anna needs some practice, and to cut loose once in a while; let's call it an arrangement of mutual benefit - an equivalent exchange - and leave it at that for now?"

"That do seam fair Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and smiled.

He nodded, then pondered, "I've not seen Kyle's future, specifically, but considering Master Tolle taking his case, and the specific precedent he'll rely on being the same as what will save Miss Alexander, I have no reason to believe Kyle to receive a different judgment."
He gave Morgan a pat on the shoulder, "Kyle's a brave kid - braver than you might suspect - I think he'll understand that some discomfort during his trial is inevitable, but... it's true, being restrained is going to be rough on him, and you're going to need something to help calm him down."
He paused for a moment, "I suppose it might be possible for you to get him his little handheld video games for use in the cell; those can be played even if he is handcuffed, and that might help keep him distracted from his fears, at least.""

"I believe the kid have a decent chance, the difference between him and Miss Alexander is that my apprentice did go to the Labyrinth once or twice and was forced to work with the Nephandi though he did not do much that could damn him skilled lawyer or no though I hope we will be able to help him."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"A little gaming machine is a good idea, he have some of those, or I could get him a new one. The problem is that when he is restrained he loose control and go into a panic and the Security Council is likely to see that as rebellion rather than fear. I have asked Master Nassa and Dr Lee if they have a sedative which might work, but the boy have been sedated against his will so often that most of them scare him an he just see them as another form of loose control. I fear that whatever happens on Horizon Kyle will emerge badly traumatized by the ordeal in front of him, at least if his trial go well he will be traumatized but alive and complete and then he stand a chance at recovering given time and care."
The old mage was clearly worried and he gave a deep sigh.
"It will not be easy seeing the boy suffer."

He nodded, "I agree with your assessment. An uncut and unpolished gem, but a gem all the same."

"Indeed Mr Wainwright, well then I will see you tomorrow evening then, shall we say around seven? I hope you like baked salmon."
Hildegard said with a friendly though still stern smile.

He nodded, "It wasn't this time... but I still have pieces that are not... as they ought to be, and while they're not presently a danger to me, they could become so in the future.

Adjan nodded darkly to that.
"And if and when that time come, I will do what have to be done."
He promised solemnly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 30 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:49 pm

Anja wrote:Miss White raised an eyebrow at some of the choices you listed.
"Roast beef will be lovely Sir."
She said with a smile.
Colin grinned, "The LGBT sandwich is something I learned of on the internet. It's a BLT, but with guacamole. It works surprisingly well."

Anja wrote:"I will be sure to ask the boy to take me to your store so I can have a look at your wares Mr Wainwright, and yes off course, the English are many things, most of them quite horendus but they do value manners, they have that going for them."
Master Babu said.
"Ah I will be delighted to have a custard, I am however vegetarian so this egg and tomato dish of yours do it contain meat, for if so I am afraid I will have to refuse your wonderful hospitality with the deepest regrets."
He smiled and nodded slightly, "We've made our mistakes, but at least I think we showed some grace in accepting our decline, unlike some empires... We can only strive to do better than we have in the past. As for the egg and tomato sandwich, it has not touched meat - I do take kitchen hygiene seriously, after all, for more reasons than mere dietary restrictions - but the eggs are technically animal products, even if they weren't fertilized. I don't know whether that is acceptable to you?"
He handed over Ange's BLT sandwich and held up the egg and tomato for Master Babu, raising an eyebrow to Serge.

Anja wrote:Ange nodded approvingly at your words to her young student.
He grinned, "And I've not forgotten the request you made of me in a few weeks' time either, Doctor. I'll keep an eye on him."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"It is nice to meet you Mr Wainwright."
Olive said and smiled.
"I would shake your hand but...yeah...ehm why do mages fear my kind with what you can do, I mean what you can do is terrifying."
The young vampire commented.
He smiled, "You'll have your chance soon enough, though you might want to let your hands heal a little more first... and I don't know how much I should tell..."
He glanced over his shoulder and leaned closer, lowering his voice in a slightly conspiratorial manner, "Hell with it... Your blood can be rather toxic to a Mage; we can still handle it safely, if we take a few precautions, but... most prefer to simply instill fear of it in their apprentices, rather than teach them good safety practices."
He leaned back and winked, "Don't let anyone know I told you, hmm?"

Anja wrote:"Yeah that do sound like it would be a bad idea."
Olive agreed.
"Do you think this Nicolai will be executed Sir? I mean I feel a bit bad for him even if he probably deserve it, vampires are not kind to one another."
He sighed, "I don't know, but I would be rather surprised if he's not already been given a nice rooftop view of a Chicago dawn... I'll have to check that later, though."

[Ghost Day]
Anja wrote:"I believe the kid have a decent chance, the difference between him and Miss Alexander is that my apprentice did go to the Labyrinth once or twice and was forced to work with the Nephandi though he did not do much that could damn him skilled lawyer or no though I hope we will be able to help him."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"A little gaming machine is a good idea, he have some of those, or I could get him a new one. The problem is that when he is restrained he loose control and go into a panic and the Security Council is likely to see that as rebellion rather than fear. I have asked Master Nassa and Dr Lee if they have a sedative which might work, but the boy have been sedated against his will so often that most of them scare him an he just see them as another form of loose control. I fear that whatever happens on Horizon Kyle will emerge badly traumatized by the ordeal in front of him, at least if his trial go well he will be traumatized but alive and complete and then he stand a chance at recovering given time and care."
The old mage was clearly worried and he gave a deep sigh.
"It will not be easy seeing the boy suffer."
He paused for a moment, then shook his head, "You don't want to consult Master Nassa or Dr. Lee for a sedative. You want to consult Dr. Boudavich for some anxiety medication or something akin to that; something that will help him master his emotions, rather than just something that will make him sleepy. There's an old quip about better living through chemistry - but when it comes to treating panic attacks, depression and other mental difficulties, it's actually true. If you're hesitant about it, I'd suggest you ask young Mr. Yager and Dr. Lee about their opinion first, of course."

Anja wrote:"Indeed Mr Wainwright, well then I will see you tomorrow evening then, shall we say around seven? I hope you like baked salmon."
Hildegard said with a friendly though still stern smile.
He paused for a moment, then grinned wryly, "Do you know, I don't actually think I've ever tried that? I do like salmon just fine, though I rarely make it for myself, and when I do, it's usually poached... I suppose I should get a fishing permit to get around that, though."

Anja wrote:Adjan nodded darkly to that.
"And if and when that time come, I will do what have to be done."
He promised solemnly.
He nodded, "Let's hope I'll never have to hold you to that... and again, thank you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:24 pm

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja wrote:"That would be really cool Sir, you could have candy and decorations and everything."
Cava said and she jumped up and down from excitement.

"You and Jane could help me with the decorations." Serge said enjoying the young girl's enthusiasm. "We could have pumpkins streamers, skeletons with joints and movable limbs, and other fun little monster decorations."

Anja wrote:Cava considered tat for a moment.
"The Syndicate are dummies can we get the Chief to cast fireballs at them?"
She suggested.
"That might get them to go away."

"He could, but more would just come." Serge said with a chuckle. " And the Syndicate has a lot of people working for them. A lot. Even the chief has his limit to his fireballs."

[Junkyard]

Anja wrote:You could feel your illusion coming to life in your minds eye. You called Jon and the Virtual Adept quickly accepted the call.
"Yeah how is it going on your end Serge?"
He asked.
"I have my program ready to do my part of it if you are ready."

"I got your spy mobile ready. I'm sending you the picture now." Serge said as he snapped a picture of his drawing, just like he had done with Kyle earlier in the month.

He sent the picture to the the Virtual adept and then said, "Let me know if it works."

Anja wrote:"For now not allot, but once I get out of here I might need a little bit of help back at Westchapel now and again as I start accepting patients again."
Ange said and smiled.
"Kind of you to offer Serge."
She added and Master Babu scoffed.
"You are to easy on the boy Ange, he is your student he should be waiting on you hand and foot!"
The old Master declared and Ange smiled.
"I would rather he live his life and make friends and progress mother."
She replied softly.
"I want him to be happy."

"I wouldn't mind waiting on you hand and foot. Then I'd be around you more." Serge said with a smile although there was a definite sad look on his face. "It's definitely going to be strange. Not having you around all the time."

Colin wrote:He smiled, "But of course, Ma'am, last I checked, it's still a requirement for Her Majesty's military - and Officer and a Gentleman. We do have certain traditions to maintain, even if our Empire is long gone. I would be delighted to show you my craft; I'm sure Mr. Yager will be able to show you down after lunch. I'm afraid I may not linger, since my employee needs her lunch break, as well, and I only came by to serve the patients here. On that note, may I offer either of you a sandwich and some Spotted Dick with custard? I have roast beef with Dijon mustard, BLT, LGBT, and egg and tomato as options... I'm afraid I didn't think so far as a vegetarian option..."
Anja wrote:"I will be sure to ask the boy to take me to your store so I can have a look at your wares Mr Wainwright, and yes off course, the English are many things, most of them quite horendus but they do value manners, they have that going for them."
Master Babu said.

"I've wanted to go to your silver shop for a while now. I'd be down to go there. I love looking at little trinkets like that." Serge said with a smile. "Plus I wanna see your luck charms so damn bad. Jane found a dollar on the ground when she was holding one. I wanna find money on the ground."

Anja wrote:He smiled and nodded slightly, "We've made our mistakes, but at least I think we showed some grace in accepting our decline, unlike some empires... We can only strive to do better than we have in the past. As for the egg and tomato sandwich, it has not touched meat - I do take kitchen hygiene seriously, after all, for more reasons than mere dietary restrictions - but the eggs are technically animal products, even if they weren't fertilized. I don't know whether that is acceptable to you?"
He handed over Ange's BLT sandwich and held up the egg and tomato for Master Babu, raising an eyebrow to Serge.

"I...." Serge said about to decline a sandwich until he remembered his gradmentor's first complaint with him. "I..will have the BLT as well. I've been told I need to eat more."

Anja wrote:"You are underestimating yourself Serge what I have heard you have helped allot of people, taken care of the Chantry's children when they needed it and everyone speak well of you."
"And remember Serge doing something is not just the flashy daring do it is just as much the little things, you have done good but you need to remember to believe in yourself more."
Your Mentor gently corrected you not sounding impatient even if she had heard all of this before many times, the woman seamed to have endless patience.

"I know." Serge said with a sigh. "It's hard though. I spent 15 years thinking I wasn't worthy of anything in this world. That I couldn't do anything that I wanted to. That's why I loved to leave it so much. So it can be a little hard to kick that habit even after everything you showed me. I'll try harder to believe in myself though."

Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "You talked a... former Nephanda into helping us, you were instrumental in resolving a hostage situation without further violence or bloodshed, and as was pointed out, you gave the more senior members of the Chantry, including Deacons, the peace of mind to focus on fighting by helping tend the younger apprentices, including my my daughter after I retrieved her from Chicago and then had to deal with some legal matters... You may not feel a need to brag about what you've done here, but there's no need to downplay what you've accomplished, either. Credit where credit is due, son; you've done well... more than that, you've done good."

Serge still looked a little unsure. "Well...I can't really deny that. I'm not even sure how I did so much stuff yesterday. I'm surprised you didn't mention resuscitating torture patients, deciphering prophetic drawings, and interrogating the Nephandi. I was actually quite proud of the former. Speaking of those patients..." Serge said as he looked around to see if the patients he had talked too were still present within the infirmary.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:52 am

[A request for help - Adley and Serge]

"....Yes. That is what it means." Serge said as if he understood everything the Hermetic had said. His eyes skimmed over the Hermetics expression...

"Why are you wearing fire on your shirt?" he asked.

"I've been meh. Not much is going on with me. Trying to learn how to break the illusion of space and finally achieve my dreams of teleporting place to place but that's about it. I'll take some water." Serge said truthfully as he made his way to the couch and sat on it. "Anyways how about you? How have you been doing?"

"Ah, yes I heard that you were giving art lessons to Master Sharaya in return. Have you been able to make any heads or tails of it?" He went to the kitchen and took a cup out of the cupboard and filled it with some tap water. "I am fine. I will soon be able to do more active training, so that is good. I've been working on some research." He brought the water over to him and offered it out. "I found a home for your picture."

"What do I know? The basics really and that's about it." Serge answered trying to think of what he did know. "Gauntlet is the barrier that separates this world and spirit world. Spirit reside on the other side which is mostly why we can't see them. And there's a spirit representation of nearly anything and everything. And I think there's multiple layers of spirit world out there? Sorry, my knowledge is a bit choppy on this subject."

"Spirits do not always stay on the other side...they can come through, as you saw it is not always a good thing. The Gauntlet wasn't always the way it is today, it was easier to perceive the world of spirits and vice versa, long ago. But now it is a thicker shroud, and it takes more effort for ephemeral beings to cross over to the world of matter or vice versa."

"As for experiences....that depends? Do you guys consider the dream realm as part of the spirit realm?"

"The realm of Dreams and mental emanations seem to exist unto themselves as a zone, but from what I understand, there is some debate as to whether or not it is connected to or is in fact a part of the Umbra proper. Some say that it is at least connected in some way. The umbra is convoluted to traverse as it is and very easy to get lost in, the only way to navigate it is through your own connections rather than the usual compass points of the material world. I expect you know a lot more about dream places than I do, given your abilities with the art of the Mind?" He paused to sit down on the other end of the couch. Not very close, at the furthest end turned slightly so that the door was in sight and he could settle into the corner. Lecture mode seemed to be a near-instinctual communication style for him, but rather than just focus on relaying information to Serge and listening to him, his attention was occasionally drawn away to glance around towards the windows or sounds outside his door. He took a drink and waited to see if he had any questions.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:08 am

Colin grinned, "The LGBT sandwich is something I learned of on the internet. It's a BLT, but with guacamole. It works surprisingly well."

"That sounds really delicious actually."
Miss White said and smiled.
"I think I will have one of those then."

He smiled and nodded slightly, "We've made our mistakes, but at least I think we showed some grace in accepting our decline, unlike some empires... We can only strive to do better than we have in the past.

The old Cultist nodded at that.
"Well as things turned out you had little choice in that Mr Wainwright if the Empire wanted to maintain some dignity."

As for the egg and tomato sandwich, it has not touched meat - I do take kitchen hygiene seriously, after all, for more reasons than mere dietary restrictions - but the eggs are technically animal products, even if they weren't fertilized. I don't know whether that is acceptable to you?"

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Ange said as she accepted her sandwich, she could barely lift it but at least it was light enough for her to eat herself.
"I am a vegetarian not a vegan, I dink milk and eat eggs, though I prefer to do so from cruelty free farms, but I do not eat meat."
Master Babu said.
"So egg and tomato would be quite acceptable thank you.

He grinned, "And I've not forgotten the request you made of me in a few weeks' time either, Doctor. I'll keep an eye on him."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright and I should be able to start seeing Anna in another week or two over at my Chantry if that suit you."
Serge's Mentor said with a nod.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He smiled, "You'll have your chance soon enough, though you might want to let your hands heal a little more first... and I don't know how much I should tell..."

"Yeah that might be wise since now they are rather crispy."
The vampiress said and winced.

He glanced over his shoulder and leaned closer, lowering his voice in a slightly conspiratorial manner, "Hell with it... Your blood can be rather toxic to a Mage; we can still handle it safely, if we take a few precautions, but... most prefer to simply instill fear of it in their apprentices, rather than teach them good safety practices."
He leaned back and winked, "Don't let anyone know I told you, hmm?"

Olive's eyes grew wider.
"Our blood is toxic to mages, are you sure you should tell me that then or be around me?"
She asked.
"I understand why your kind don't like mine then and I will do my best to make sure you do not get into contact with any of my blood."

He sighed, "I don't know, but I would be rather surprised if he's not already been given a nice rooftop view of a Chicago dawn... I'll have to check that later, though."

The young woman shivered.
"Yeah that...was where we where going to end up Sir had not someone pointed out to the Prince that Veronica is an elder and Lodin himself have eleven childer himself and he do not allow anyone else to Sire and then executing us like he have been doing with every person who have Sired without leave for decades he might get some negativity so we where...hurt...and then we where chased from the city instead."
She muttered softly.

[Ghost Day]

He paused for a moment, then shook his head, "You don't want to consult Master Nassa or Dr. Lee for a sedative. You want to consult Dr. Boudavich for some anxiety medication or something akin to that; something that will help him master his emotions, rather than just something that will make him sleepy. There's an old quip about better living through chemistry - but when it comes to treating panic attacks, depression and other mental difficulties, it's actually true. If you're hesitant about it, I'd suggest you ask young Mr. Yager and Dr. Lee about their opinion first, of course."

"Hum...that might be a good idea indeed Mr Wainwright, I think I might go and see the good doctor while she is still here at Steelhaven I hear that she is recovering nicely, but do you think such medication might make the whole ordeal easier for Kyle?"
He asked.
"All I want is for him to get through this as undamaged as possible."

He paused for a moment, then grinned wryly, "Do you know, I don't actually think I've ever tried that? I do like salmon just fine, though I rarely make it for myself, and when I do, it's usually poached... I suppose I should get a fishing permit to get around that, though."

"Well I certainly don't fish Mr Wainwright I simply buy the fish at the market and have it filet, then I put it on a bed of fresh root vegetables and add some sou cream, a squeeze of lemon juice and petter and bake it and then serve that with potatoes."
The Chorister said.
"Though if you prefer I can certainly make another dish."

He nodded, "Let's hope I'll never have to hold you to that... and again, thank you."

Adjan simply nodded.
"Indeed we can only hope."
He replied.

[Nicole and Cava]

"You and Jane could help me with the decorations." Serge said enjoying the young girl's enthusiasm. "We could have pumpkins streamers, skeletons with joints and movable limbs, and other fun little monster decorations."

"Yeah that would be fun, we could have a Halloween party right there."

"He could, but more would just come." Serge said with a chuckle. " And the Syndicate has a lot of people working for them. A lot. Even the chief has his limit to his fireballs."

"I thought the Chief could make as many fireballs as he wanted to."
Cava said and pouted.
"I guess we need to shoot them with the chocolate gun then."
She said and sigh.
"Turn all their stuff to chocolate and make them run away."

[Junkyard]

"I got your spy mobile ready. I'm sending you the picture now." Serge said as he snapped a picture of his drawing, just like he had done with Kyle earlier in the month.

He sent the picture to the the Virtual adept and then said, "Let me know if it works."

"Thank man, one moment then."
Jon said and you heard him taking the phone from his ear and tapping at it several times. For the others in the junkyard who are not protecting their minds with wards the blood van suddenly looked like a run of the mill fed ex truck of the sort there where hundreds of in the city, just a fed ex truck out to deliver clothes and catalogs and books from online sites to the people of Boston. Jon put the phone up to his ear again.
"Worked like a charm man, fed ex good one. Thanks for your help, well then I have to go and get out of here, see you later."

"I wouldn't mind waiting on you hand and foot. Then I'd be around you more." Serge said with a smile although there was a definite sad look on his face. "It's definitely going to be strange. Not having you around all the time."

"I know Serge but I am only a phone call away when you need me and I will be visiting all the time. I am not abandoning you kid but you also need to learn to live on your own, that is why I got you a place at a Chantry which is just twenty minutes away so that I can help when you need me and visit but you get a taste of being independent."
Ange said gently.

"I've wanted to go to your silver shop for a while now. I'd be down to go there. I love looking at little trinkets like that." Serge said with a smile. "Plus I wanna see your luck charms so damn bad. Jane found a dollar on the ground when she was holding one. I wanna find money on the ground."

"If you are so badly set that finding a dollar on the ground give you excitement then you need to find yourself work child."
Master Babu said sternly.
"But you may escort me to the silver shop after lunch."
She added.

"I...." Serge said about to decline a sandwich until he remembered his gradmentor's first complaint with him. "I..will have the BLT as well. I've been told I need to eat more."

"In that me and my mother agree Serge it is in the how to get you to eat more we have different opinions."
Ange said and Master Babu just sipped her tea looking quite content.

"I know." Serge said with a sigh. "It's hard though. I spent 15 years thinking I wasn't worthy of anything in this world. That I couldn't do anything that I wanted to. That's why I loved to leave it so much. So it can be a little hard to kick that habit even after everything you showed me. I'll try harder to believe in myself though."

"I know it is hard Serge, and that is why we have to continue therapy, for you are as worthy as everyone else and you are a good man kid, you are sweet and kind and you do good, eventually we will get you to believe in yourself even if it takes time."
Ange said and she reached out to put her hand on your arm, her grip was weak as a kitten yet but she smiled to you.
"You are doing well kid, but Rome was not built in a day."

Serge still looked a little unsure. "Well...I can't really deny that. I'm not even sure how I did so much stuff yesterday. I'm surprised you didn't mention resuscitating torture patients, deciphering prophetic drawings, and interrogating the Nephandi. I was actually quite proud of the former. Speaking of those patients..." Serge said as he looked around to see if the patients he had talked too were still present within the infirmary.

The patients you had helped where still there and they where sleeping, they where probably rather exhausted still.
"Yes I heard that you helped those poor pepole Serge you did well."
Ange said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Anja wrote:"That sounds really delicious actually."
Miss White said and smiled.
"I think I will have one of those then."
Colin nodded and handed the sandwich over before moving on to set out the lunch and pudding for the sleeping patients.

Anja wrote:The old Cultist nodded at that.
"Well as things turned out you had little choice in that Mr Wainwright if the Empire wanted to maintain some dignity."
He smiled wryly, "Fortunately, we prized our dignity above our pride..."

Jeremy wrote:"I've wanted to go to your silver shop for a while now. I'd be down to go there. I love looking at little trinkets like that." Serge said with a smile. "Plus I wanna see your luck charms so damn bad. Jane found a dollar on the ground when she was holding one. I wanna find money on the ground."
Anja wrote:"If you are so badly set that finding a dollar on the ground give you excitement then you need to find yourself work child."
She added.
He grinned, then pondered for a moment, "Hum... I think perhaps Jane saw a connection where none existed. My lucky charms are designed quite specific to ward off misfortune, rather than attract money or other such elements. Still, if she wishes to attribute her good fortune to my products, who am I to dissuade her?"

Anja wrote:"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Ange said as she accepted her sandwich, she could barely lift it but at least it was light enough for her to eat herself.
"I am a vegetarian not a vegan, I dink milk and eat eggs, though I prefer to do so from cruelty free farms, but I do not eat meat."
Master Babu said.
"So egg and tomato would be quite acceptable thank you.
Jeremy wrote:"I...." Serge said about to decline a sandwich until he remembered his gradmentor's first complaint with him. "I..will have the BLT as well. I've been told I need to eat more."
Anja wrote:"In that me and my mother agree Serge it is in the how to get you to eat more we have different opinions."
He nodded and handed out the requested sandwiches, and helped himself to one for himself without further comment.

Anja wrote:"Thank you Mr Wainwright and I should be able to start seeing Anna in another week or two over at my Chantry if that suit you."
Serge's Mentor said with a nod.
He nodded, "That sounds quite good. Get her comfortable with speaking with you before bringing her to the hospital."

Jeremy wrote:Serge still looked a little unsure. "Well...I can't really deny that. I'm not even sure how I did so much stuff yesterday. I'm surprised you didn't mention resuscitating torture patients, deciphering prophetic drawings, and interrogating the Nephandi. I was actually quite proud of the former. Speaking of those patients..." Serge said as he looked around to see if the patients he had talked too were still present within the infirmary.
Anja wrote:The patients you had helped where still there and they where sleeping, they where probably rather exhausted still.
Ange said and smiled.
He smiled, "You're starting to catch on, son - acknowledging that you've achieved things, rather than offhand dismissing your accomplishments as 'minor things not worth recounting'."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:Olive's eyes grew wider.
"Our blood is toxic to mages, are you sure you should tell me that then or be around me?"
She asked.
"I understand why your kind don't like mine then and I will do my best to make sure you do not get into contact with any of my blood."
He smiled, "It's toxic, but largely negating the danger is a simple affair. I can touch your blood without fear, so long as I can wash my hands afterward."

Anja wrote:The young woman shivered.
"Yeah that...was where we where going to end up Sir had not someone pointed out to the Prince that Veronica is an elder and Lodin himself have eleven childer himself and he do not allow anyone else to Sire and then executing us like he have been doing with every person who have Sired without leave for decades he might get some negativity so we where...hurt...and then we where chased from the city instead."
She muttered softly.
He nodded, then paused, "Was the one who spoke out on your behalf perhaps a Tremere? Let's see..."
He quickly described Carmon, "something like that?"

[Ghost Day]
Anja wrote:"Hum...that might be a good idea indeed Mr Wainwright, I think I might go and see the good doctor while she is still here at Steelhaven I hear that she is recovering nicely, but do you think such medication might make the whole ordeal easier for Kyle?"
He asked.
"All I want is for him to get through this as undamaged as possible."
He nodded, "I believe it might. I spent some time on similar prescriptions after my honourable discharge and receiving more... permanent magical help, and I can vouch for its efficacy."

Anja wrote:"Well I certainly don't fish Mr Wainwright I simply buy the fish at the market and have it filet, then I put it on a bed of fresh root vegetables and add some sou cream, a squeeze of lemon juice and petter and bake it and then serve that with potatoes."
The Chorister said.
"Though if you prefer I can certainly make another dish."
He smiled, "Oh, no, it sounds delicious. I'm looking forward to it already."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:33 pm

[Café Latvia]

Anja's Post:

Nicole took the proffered hand, knowing full well what Jade was thinking. And that was something which she wasn't going to share just yet. At least not until she knew what she felt about it...

'Thanks for all the help'. Nicole replied, giving a smile and rising from her chair. Unless Jade has anything to add, Nicole will leave the café, pulling out her phone as she did so...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:39 pm

Colin nodded and handed the sandwich over before moving on to set out the lunch and pudding for the sleeping patients.

"Thank you would you like any help distributing the food to the patients?"
Miss White asked.

He smiled wryly, "Fortunately, we prized our dignity above our pride..."

"Indeed, unfortunately you did not prize everyone else's dignity over your pride."
Master Babu said with a frown.

He nodded and handed out the requested sandwiches, and helped himself to one for himself without further comment.

"Thank you kindly Mr Wainwright."
Master Babu said before settling down to eat.
"This is quite delicious."
Commented the Deaconess.

He nodded, "That sounds quite good. Get her comfortable with speaking with you before bringing her to the hospital."

"Yes that was my thought exactly Mr Wainwright the girl need to be comfortable talking with me a hospital setting can be quite stressful for her. There is also a children's heart expert at the hospital I work with, if she get comfortable with me and then my office she might let him examine her as well."
Ange said.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He smiled, "It's toxic, but largely negating the danger is a simple affair. I can touch your blood without fear, so long as I can wash my hands afterward."

"Well that makes sense Sir."
Olive said and nodded.
"Even so I will be careful."

He nodded, then paused, "Was the one who spoke out on your behalf perhaps a Tremere? Let's see..."
He quickly described Carmon, "something like that?"

"The Tremere was the little kid, a Primogen Council have the leader of each clan in the city, we where tried before them. The Nosferatu recommended we be banished and not destroyed, the same with the Toreador, but only the Primogen and the Prince as well as the Sherif was there."
The vampiress explained.

[Ghost Day]

He nodded, "I believe it might. I spent some time on similar prescriptions after my honourable discharge and receiving more... permanent magical help, and I can vouch for its efficacy."

"Very well I will ask the Deaconess for her opinion and see if we can find something that might help the boy handle his coming ordeal a little better."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He smiled, "Oh, no, it sounds delicious. I'm looking forward to it already."

"Good, good, Jane favors that dish, especially the vegetables get delicious as they soak up allot of the juices from the fish."
Hildegard said with a smile.
"And perhaps a caramel pudding for dessert? If you favor the taste of such a dish?"

[Café Latvia]

Nicole took the proffered hand, knowing full well what Jade was thinking. And that was something which she wasn't going to share just yet. At least not until she knew what she felt about it...

'Thanks for all the help'. Nicole replied, giving a smile and rising from her chair. Unless Jade has anything to add, Nicole will leave the café, pulling out her phone as she did so...

Jade shook your hand and smiled.
"Well than, safe journey home, I have an apointment to get new glasses fitted a most boring task but it needs doing every few years if I wish to see well, and when I first was going into Boston to meet with you I thought I might as well see my optician at the same time."
She said and sigh as she left money for her coffee and a tip for the waitress.
"If we are done here then?"
She asked.
"Good day Miss Bouchard."
She said before she left.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:08 pm

Adley wrote:"Why are you wearing fire on your shirt?" he asked.

"Getting taught by a Flambeau. Thought it was fitting. Also the first thing I found this morning." Serge said with a nervous smile.

Adley wrote:"Ah, yes I heard that you were giving art lessons to Master Sharaya in return. Have you been able to make any heads or tails of it?" He went to the kitchen and took a cup out of the cupboard and filled it with some tap water. "I am fine. I will soon be able to do more active training, so that is good. I've been working on some research." He brought the water over to him and offered it out. "I found a home for your picture."

"I've been making headway. I already had a basic understanding of that type of magick already. As long as I think of the entire world as a video game, everything Narim says makes sense to me. In electronics and programming everything is inter-connected and works off each other. The same applies to this world and the people and places in it. That's not too much of a stretch from what I thought of it beforehand." Serge explained smiling at the picture sitting in it's home.

He took the glass of water and took a few sips from it. "Thanks. Glad to hear your doing all right though. Getting back to mundane life must be a bit jarring after everything you've been through." he said kindly.

Adley wrote:"Spirits do not always stay on the other side...they can come through, as you saw it is not always a good thing. The Gauntlet wasn't always the way it is today, it was easier to perceive the world of spirits and vice versa, long ago. But now it is a thicker shroud, and it takes more effort for ephemeral beings to cross over to the world of matter or vice versa."

"Was that a result of technocracy or did that just happen?" he asked curiously.

Adley wrote:"The realm of Dreams and mental emanations seem to exist unto themselves as a zone, but from what I understand, there is some debate as to whether or not it is connected to or is in fact a part of the Umbra proper. Some say that it is at least connected in some way. The umbra is convoluted to traverse as it is and very easy to get lost in, the only way to navigate it is through your own connections rather than the usual compass points of the material world. I expect you know a lot more about dream places than I do, given your abilities with the art of the Mind?" He paused to sit down on the other end of the couch.

"Not just know about them. I've been to them. To the realm of dreams and the world inside our minds. Especially my own. Every single night." Serge revealed nonchalantly. "So if they're considered part of the spirits realms I've had a fair bit of experience with them. Haven't seen any spirits though. So maybe that debate is warranted."

Adley wrote:Not very close, at the furthest end turned slightly so that the door was in sight and he could settle into the corner. Lecture mode seemed to be a near-instinctual communication style for him, but rather than just focus on relaying information to Serge and listening to him, his attention was occasionally drawn away to glance around towards the windows or sounds outside his door. He took a drink and waited to see if he had any questions.

"Are you expecting anyone?" Serge asked when he noticed the Flambeau's rapt attention to his surroundings.

[Nicole and Cava]
Anja wrote:
"Yeah that would be fun, we could have a Halloween party right there."

"I think a party might be beyond me Cava." Serge said with a nervous chuckle. "Unless you have money for snacks and drinks."

Anja wrote:"I thought the Chief could make as many fireballs as he wanted to."
Cava said and pouted.
"I guess we need to shoot them with the chocolate gun then."
She said and sigh.
"Turn all their stuff to chocolate and make them run away."

"That's a better idea. Because if we turn their clothes into chocolate they'll have to buy new clothes. And that costs them money. Since they hate losing money they'll stop trying to invade us." Serge said with a grin.

[Junkyard]

Anja wrote:"Thank man, one moment then."
Jon said and you heard him taking the phone from his ear and tapping at it several times. For the others in the junkyard who are not protecting their minds with wards the blood van suddenly looked like a run of the mill fed ex truck of the sort there where hundreds of in the city, just a fed ex truck out to deliver clothes and catalogs and books from online sites to the people of Boston. Jon put the phone up to his ear again.
"Worked like a charm man, fed ex good one. Thanks for your help, well then I have to go and get out of here, see you later."

"Happy to help. Make sure to act like a delivery truck. See ya." Serge said before hanging up.

Anja wrote:"I know Serge but I am only a phone call away when you need me and I will be visiting all the time. I am not abandoning you kid but you also need to learn to live on your own, that is why I got you a place at a Chantry which is just twenty minutes away so that I can help when you need me and visit but you get a taste of being independent."
Ange said gently.

Serge nodded at that. " That's good to hear. I'll try not to call you all the time." he said with a chuckle.

Anja wrote:"If you are so badly set that finding a dollar on the ground give you excitement then you need to find yourself work child."
She added.
Colin wrote:He grinned, then pondered for a moment, "Hum... I think perhaps Jane saw a connection where none existed. My lucky charms are designed quite specific to ward off misfortune, rather than attract money or other such elements. Still, if she wishes to attribute her good fortune to my products, who am I to dissuade her?"

"Perhaps that dollar helped her avoid some misfortune in the future. Like the misfortune of not having enough money for ice cream." he said with a grin. "Manipulation of fate and karma is also on my list of things to learn. Even before teleporting. Our world is governed by chance so controlling that chance would be quite helpful. Not to mention it's cool as hell."

Anja wrote:"In that me and my mother agree Serge it is in the how to get you to eat more we have different opinions."
Colin wrote:He nodded and handed out the requested sandwiches, and helped himself to one for himself without further comment.

Serge took the sandwich and munched on it happily. "If you stopped time while I was eating then I'd eat more. My problem with food is that it takes up too much time. You have to make it, then eat it, then clean up afterwards. All that time wasted that I could use to draw or watch tv or practice magick or watch tv."

Anja wrote:"I know it is hard Serge, and that is why we have to continue therapy, for you are as worthy as everyone else and you are a good man kid, you are sweet and kind and you do good, eventually we will get you to believe in yourself even if it takes time."
Ange said and she reached out to put her hand on your arm, her grip was weak as a kitten yet but she smiled to you.
"You are doing well kid, but Rome was not built in a day."

"I'll be looking forward to those sessions." Serge said with a grateful smile. " Thank you Ange. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Anja wrote:The patients you had helped where still there and they where sleeping, they where probably rather exhausted still.
Ange said and smiled.
Colin wrote:He smiled, "You're starting to catch on, son - acknowledging that you've achieved things, rather than offhand dismissing your accomplishments as 'minor things not worth recounting'."

"I guess I've done some things. Still wanna do something cool and flashy, even if everyone's against it. Or at the very least something that everyone can see. All my magick is invisible except to the one guy I'm messing with." Serge said evenly.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:18 pm

[Café Latvia]

Anja's Post:

'Don't worry, I'll see to that.' proffering her own cash on settling the bill.

'If I learn anything in your area of study, I'll keep you in the loop about it.' Nicole replied, giving a nod. 'And thanks again.'

[Scene End?]

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'I like FedEx. They don't question the crap in your parcels half much as UPS do.' Nicole quipped, on noticing the van had changed. 'Let's load up and get the fuck out of here.'

[Random Question: Why didn't Veronica slope off to Gary to get 'permission' for the siring from Modius? Or, failing that going up to Milwaukee to get it from Decker? Both books mention that was a common tactic.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:10 pm

Anja wrote:"Thank you would you like any help distributing the food to the patients?"
Miss White asked.
He shook his head, "No, I've got this. But thank you for the offer."

Anja wrote:"Indeed, unfortunately you did not prize everyone else's dignity over your pride."
Master Babu said with a frown.
He nodded, "Sad, but true... and even worse, we prized profits over honour during the 275 years of the bloody East India Company. While I don't personally hold any blame or responsibility for things that ceased to be nearly a century before I was born, I can still acknowledge that we did not always wield power wisely or well..."

Anja wrote:"Thank you kindly Mr Wainwright."
Master Babu said before settling down to eat.
"This is quite delicious."
Commented the Deaconess.
He smiled thinly, "Made with the finest, locally-purchased comestibles. Shipped in from who knows where, I'm afraid..."

Jeremy wrote:"Perhaps that dollar helped her avoid some misfortune in the future. Like the misfortune of not having enough money for ice cream." he said with a grin. "Manipulation of fate and karma is also on my list of things to learn. Even before teleporting. Our world is governed by chance so controlling that chance would be quite helpful. Not to mention it's cool as hell."
He nodded, "Well, not affording ice cream would be a terrible twist of fate during the summer months; you could well be right. And if you swing by my workshop one day, I could show you how I weave a little fortune into the lucky charms. Just be careful not to overdo it - there's a reason I never carry the precious little things around more than one at a time."

Anja wrote:Serge took the sandwich and munched on it happily. "If you stopped time while I was eating then I'd eat more. My problem with food is that it takes up too much time. You have to make it, then eat it, then clean up afterwards. All that time wasted that I could use to draw or watch tv or practice magick or watch tv."
He arched an eyebrow, "Wasted? Really, now? When there's such a convenient little touch of magic in the proper preparation in ingredients, the careful selection of materials and tools, and the end result is such a magnificent alchemy of flavours? Tsk. Besides, I've started having conversations at length with Shimmer, the lady of the cooking fumes, while preparing dinner. Quite a lovely lady, so long as you show her respect, and don't make demands of her."

Jeremy wrote:"I guess I've done some things. Still wanna do something cool and flashy, even if everyone's against it. Or at the very least something that everyone can see. All my magick is invisible except to the one guy I'm messing with." Serge said evenly.
He grinned, "Don't underestimate subtlety. And a large-scale illusion can be worth its weight in Primium. Well, perceived weight, perhaps... I'm sure you could get away with a large fog bank without much issue, but a raging storm elemental plowing down Tremont Street might be a bit hard to accept for most."

Anja wrote:"Yes that was my thought exactly Mr Wainwright the girl need to be comfortable talking with me a hospital setting can be quite stressful for her. There is also a children's heart expert at the hospital I work with, if she get comfortable with me and then my office she might let him examine her as well."
Ange said.
He smiled wryly, "I should hope so; she'll rather have to go in for her checkup, if she's to rescue the Taldor girl... If that doesn't happen, I'm going to get another visit from a certain wrinkly old gentleman with a taste for white peach blossom tea..."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Well that makes sense Sir."
Olive said and nodded.
"Even so I will be careful."
He nodded, "Thank you. And I expect I'll be just fine."

Anja wrote:"The Tremere was the little kid, a Primogen Council have the leader of each clan in the city, we where tried before them. The Nosferatu recommended we be banished and not destroyed, the same with the Toreador, but only the Primogen and the Prince as well as the Sherif was there."
The vampiress explained.
He nodded, "Ah... Hum, I was not familiar with how such council meetings were conducted. But it's a simple, dependable system, I suppose."

((OOC: At an educated guess - Veronica didn't go to Gary for said permission, because Olive was already dying from an overdose at the time. Seems like there just wouldn't be enough time to haul a dying body into the car, drive to either relevant authority and get the paperwork done before the sand ran out, y'know...))

[Ghost Day]
Anja wrote:"Very well I will ask the Deaconess for her opinion and see if we can find something that might help the boy handle his coming ordeal a little better."
Jeffry said and nodded.
He smiled, "Anna is growing fond if him, I think, as a friend in the same boat. It would be a shame if his worries and fears got the better of him. Besides, who else is going to have the time to play racing games with her in this Chantry?"

Anja wrote:"Good, good, Jane favors that dish, especially the vegetables get delicious as they soak up allot of the juices from the fish."
Hildegard said with a smile.
"And perhaps a caramel pudding for dessert? If you favor the taste of such a dish?"
He grinned, "It's been a while since I had caramel pudding. It will be great, I think."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:11 pm

[Nicole and Cava]

"I think a party might be beyond me Cava." Serge said with a nervous chuckle. "Unless you have money for snacks and drinks."

"What do snacks and drinks cost Sir I have three dollars."
Cava informed you.
"I was going to buy a matchbook car and a paper doll at the toy store."

"That's a better idea. Because if we turn their clothes into chocolate they'll have to buy new clothes. And that costs them money. Since they hate losing money they'll stop trying to invade us." Serge said with a grin.

"Yeah I guess so they still have guns though unless we make them into chocolate as well."
The little girl said and smiles.
"We will make them run away."

[Junkyard]

He nodded, "Thank you. And I expect I'll be just fine."

"That is good."
Olive said and smiled.

He nodded, "Ah... Hum, I was not familiar with how such council meetings were conducted. But it's a simple, dependable system, I suppose."

"I would not know I have only seen one such trial, I do not even know if that is how they do it everywhere."
The vampire said. You heard Richard getting into the front seat and he glanced behind through the little window separating the back from the driver's section.
"Ok we are ready to go, strap in."
The doctor said and the gave a grimace when he saw te chairs with the straps and the marks of someone trying to claw themselves free.

I like FedEx. They don't question the crap in your parcels half much as UPS do.' Nicole quipped, on noticing the van had changed. 'Let's load up and get the fuck out of here.'

"And they are common and their cars will not draw attention."
Hildegard said then she moved towards her own car.
"Ok everyone let's move out."
She said and the gathered mages milled towards the four cars and got in, ready to leave the junkyard for now.

(OOC: Yes that is basically it. Veronica never planned to Embrace Olive, she just wanted to be a patron for the girl's art, admiring the work of a tragically dying artist, however she got to be fond of her and then seeing Olive dying from an overdose she acted without thinking. Now even with Mobius coming after the fact and ask to be allowed to keep the new childe is far from a safe thing, and also Annabelle demand a toll from all Toreador leaving Chicago, she keep really good control of her Toreadors meaning sneaking out is hard. Veronica's plan was to keep her new childe hidden until she had secured a place in another city and then to get out under Lodin and Annabelle's noses and head there, only they where discovered before then.)

"Happy to help. Make sure to act like a delivery truck. See ya." Serge said before hanging up.

"Act like a delivery tuck? You mean driving along the road? They do not act any different from other cars."
Jon asked sounding confused.
"Yeah see you later."

He shook his head, "No, I've got this. But thank you for the offer."

Allison smiled at that.

He nodded, "Sad, but true... and even worse, we prized profits over honour during the 275 years of the bloody East India Company. While I don't personally hold any blame or responsibility for things that ceased to be nearly a century before I was born, I can still acknowledge that we did not always wield power wisely or well..."

"I do not blame you M Wainwright the Cult of Ecstasy value personal responsibility and as such I find it problematic with this new far left movement who seam to think a person should be held accountable for the actions of their race,nation, religion, gender or sexual orientation, I criticize the British Empire for their actions but not individual Englishmen who had nothing to do with it, just like I criticize Hinduism for a culture of child marriage and expecting widows of any age to throw themselves on their husband's funeral pyre rather than live their lives since women is worth nothing outside of their male relatives, I do however not blame individual,modern Hindus like Master Sharaya for the practice as he have long since left it behind."

He smiled thinly, "Made with the finest, locally-purchased comestibles. Shipped in from who knows where, I'm afraid..."

Ange smiled a little at that.
"Well you seam to be a good cook Mr Wainwright, regardless of where the supplies are shipped in from."

Besides, I've started having conversations at length with Shimmer, the lady of the cooking fumes, while preparing dinner. Quite a lovely lady, so long as you show her respect, and don't make demands of her."

"Ah Shimmer how are the dear spirit these days?"
Master Babu asked.
"Indeed she must be treated with respect but she is a dear creature."

He smiled wryly, "I should hope so; she'll rather have to go in for her checkup, if she's to rescue the Taldor girl... If that doesn't happen, I'm going to get another visit from a certain wrinkly old gentleman with a taste for white peach blossom tea..."

"Ah yes off course, poor nurse Ericsson though, your Anna will give her a pretty bad kick."
Ange said and she raised an eyebrow.
"Another member for the girl's future Cabal eh, the Taldor girl once she is trained, good Anna need friends and her new friend need someone who will accept her as she is."

Serge nodded at that. " That's good to hear. I'll try not to call you all the time." he said with a chuckle.

Ange smiled a little.
"Call when you need to Serge I do like to hear from you, but remember to also try to become your own person, and remember you can come over for dinner and such as well, even if you do not need anything, you are important to me."

Serge took the sandwich and munched on it happily. "If you stopped time while I was eating then I'd eat more. My problem with food is that it takes up too much time. You have to make it, then eat it, then clean up afterwards. All that time wasted that I could use to draw or watch tv or practice magick or watch tv."

"If you die as a young man because of a horrible diet that will remove far more time from the things you want to do you know."
Ange said with a slight smile.
"Some Masters develop spells to avoid the need to eat, but I do not recommend it, we should never forget that we are human beings in addition to being mages."

"I'll be looking forward to those sessions." Serge said with a grateful smile. " Thank you Ange. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Your Mentor gave you a warm smile.
"You are welcome Serge you are my student, you are the most important person in the world to me."

"I guess I've done some things. Still wanna do something cool and flashy, even if everyone's against it. Or at the very least something that everyone can see. All my magick is invisible except to the one guy I'm messing with." Serge said evenly.

"Perhaps that is why that is the magick you are talented in Serge, your Avatar knows that you need to learn to accept the invisible things as well, that they are as powerful and as important as the flashy things, you can learn more flashy magick off course, the question is more why do you value the flashy over the subtle?"
Ange asked as she regarded you.

[Café Latvia]

'Don't worry, I'll see to that.' proffering her own cash on settling the bill.

'If I learn anything in your area of study, I'll keep you in the loop about it.' Nicole replied, giving a nod. 'And thanks again.'

"Not a problem, us Scientists of the Sons of Ether have to stick together, and yes I would appreciate it if you let me know if you get any more information about kinfolk, shifters and other Cryptids."
She said with a smile and then Jade left for her car.

(OOC: Yes scene end.)

[Ghost Day]

He smiled, "Anna is growing fond if him, I think, as a friend in the same boat. It would be a shame if his worries and fears got the better of him. Besides, who else is going to have the time to play racing games with her in this Chantry?"

"It is good that he is making friends and yes...the boy have tried to teach me those dreadful little games and he is so much more...insistent than Adley."
Jeffry said and rolled his eyes.
"Adley is the perfect student, respectful, dutiful and talented, hard working and honorable, I had forgotten what it was like to teach a kid though I think I have gotten spoiled with Adley and the one I...lost he...was much like his older brother."
The Hermetic said and there was pain in his eyes as e mentioned the student he had lost to Union fire.

He grinned, "It's been a while since I had caramel pudding. It will be great, I think."

"It is one of my aunt's favorites so she taught me her recepie when I came to live with her after the war."
Hildegard said.
"I like to make it every now and again for special occasions or when I am having guests. I hope Anna will like it I have no idea of the girl's tastes, but I have been informed about her special issues so I will make sure my sewing basket and brooches are placed in my bedroom out of sight."
She promised.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:35 pm

"Getting taught by a Flambeau. Thought it was fitting. Also the first thing I found this morning." Serge said with a nervous smile.

He raised his eyebrow. "I see."

"I've been making headway. I already had a basic understanding of that type of magick already. As long as I think of the entire world as a video game, everything Narim says makes sense to me. In electronics and programming everything is inter-connected and works off each other. The same applies to this world and the people and places in it. That's not too much of a stretch from what I thought of it beforehand." Serge explained smiling at the picture sitting in it's home.

"The entire world as a video game?" he frowned a little. "I agree relations and connections are important, if you already know that then learning a little about spiritual entities and the Umbra should not be so challenging, perhaps. I...was recently introduced to the art of correspondence myself. It was unpleasant, accidental and unexpected. It was also enlightening and I have been trying to research in retrospect after my experience," he said. Then he changed the topic, "I have had some difficulty in explaining the idea that we have bodies of different vibrational resonances and act on different aspects of the Tellurian. The spiritual realms are in a different state of being than what we usually perceive in modern life, and are separated by the Gauntlet and  occluded. This is what I will access so that we will be able to see spirits, though we are clothed in a physical body in our physical world, which is a lower emanation. I will share this with you but I will have to touch your physical form, such as taking your hand to make a contact point."

He took the glass of water and took a few sips from it. "Thanks. Glad to hear your doing all right though. Getting back to mundane life must be a bit jarring after everything you've been through." he said kindly.

"Yes, I feel something of an imposter while teaching class. Especially as one of my own students is in the hospital." He sighed. "I worry for her but there is not much we can do but keep an eye out for her so that she is not harmed further, and see if she will come out of her coma. I hope that she may survive this and somehow make a life that is worthy of her; she was an intelligent woman and did not deserve the circumstances that she was forced to bear. Then of course there is the fact I did not know there was a vampire in my school. I am much more careful now than I was before...one never knows who they might find even right next to them. If had had tried to see if any of my students were awakened, perhaps I would have been able to reach out to her earlier..."

"Was that a result of technocracy or did that just happen?" he asked curiously.

"The Technocracy, and it's forebearers, most assuredly had something to do with it, yes. Perhaps not everything but they did indeed help to turn many people's belief in the spiritual aside."

"Not just know about them. I've been to them. To the realm of dreams and the world inside our minds. Especially my own. Every single night." Serge revealed nonchalantly. "So if they're considered part of the spirits realms I've had a fair bit of experience with them. Haven't seen any spirits though. So maybe that debate is warranted."

"I can't say that I recall all of my dreams, some of them I do but I am not entirely sure they are dreams, but memories. So you can walk in the realm of Dreams? Interesting."

"Are you expecting anyone?" Serge asked when he noticed the Flambeau's rapt attention to his surroundings.

"Hrm? No, just you," he said, blinking at him. He seemed confused by the question. "At any rate, I notice you brought your sketchbook. While inspiration is not a bad reason to want to see what is usually invisible to the mundane eye, do be cautious in what you draw, for it can form a link between you and the spirit, as many spiritual links can be symbolic in nature. Not as strong as their Name, but one that holds power all the same. While I expect to mostly see friendly spirits that I have seen before around our home," he prefaced, "a few general precautions are wise and I would feel remiss not to mention the basics. Never engage in any barter or deal without knowing precisely with whom you are speaking, nor without protection and the aid of someone who knows what they are doing. Be careful should one ever ask you for your Name; do not to provide it for it will give them power over you, especially in their realm. Similarly, it is usually unwise to give spirits personal objects or your possessions, but gifts appropriate to their domain of interest are usually acceptable offerings," he explained. "Spirits, while various in both power and type, have a general scope of abilities and interests related to what type of spirit they are and that limits them as much as anything else. Asking a rain spirit or water elemental to make fire or work against their nature is just going to frustrate them or worse, insult them, depending on their temperament."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:21 pm

Anja wrote:"I do not blame you M Wainwright the Cult of Ecstasy value personal responsibility and as such I find it problematic with this new far left movement who seam to think a person should be held accountable for the actions of their race,nation, religion, gender or sexual orientation, I criticize the British Empire for their actions but not individual Englishmen who had nothing to do with it, just like I criticize Hinduism for a culture of child marriage and expecting widows of any age to throw themselves on their husband's funeral pyre rather than live their lives since women is worth nothing outside of their male relatives, I do however not blame individual,modern Hindus like Master Sharaya for the practice as he have long since left it behind."
Colin nodded, then smiled wryly, "Yes, well, while our representatives in the area were a tad late to respond to the widow-burning practice, we were rather effective in putting an end to it, at least... so perhaps that's one small point in our favour? But yes, your Tradition's devotion to personal responsibility is a respectable stance. I recall Akrites always seemed so dreadfully burdened after the fateful incident at Kirkenes... Ah, well, that was in a different life..."

Anja wrote:Ange smiled a little at that.
"Well you seam to be a good cook Mr Wainwright, regardless of where the supplies are shipped in from."
He grinned, "I do my best. My little sister, alas, is far too much the modern woman to be bothered with kitchen duties, so I wound up inheriting the old family recipes... centuries worth, even."

Anja wrote:"Ah Shimmer how are the dear spirit these days?"
Master Babu asked.
He smiled, "She's quite lovely; very talkative once she recognizes that one does not intend to make demands of her... Of course, I can't not see spirits these days, so she's started to seek me out for a chat while I cook. In fact, she's a remarkable kitchen aide, with incredibly broad and deep knowledge of long-forgotten cooking tricks."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes off course, poor nurse Ericsson though, your Anna will give her a pretty bad kick."
"Another member for the girl's future Cabal eh, the Taldor girl once she is trained, good Anna need friends and her new friend need someone who will accept her as she is."
He shrugged, "I don't know that the two will be in the same Cabal... Perhaps... Strange days are coming, and... well, I should not wax prophetic in an unwarded public room."
He grinned, "And I'm getting Anna some training under our Akashic physician, so she just might dissuade the poor nurse with a less harmful technique than kicking when the time comes. Here's hoping, at least."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"I would not know I have only seen one such trial, I do not even know if that is how they do it everywhere."
The vampire said. You heard Richard getting into the front seat and he glanced behind through the little window separating the back from the driver's section.
"Ok we are ready to go, strap in."
The doctor said and the gave a grimace when he saw te chairs with the straps and the marks of someone trying to claw themselves free.
Colin grimaced and eased himself into another chair, strapping himself in as best he could, "Right, drive carefully, doctor, you've got delicate cargo."

[Ghost Day]
Anja wrote:"It is good that he is making friends and yes...the boy have tried to teach me those dreadful little games and he is so much more...insistent than Adley."
Jeffry said and rolled his eyes.
"Adley is the perfect student, respectful, dutiful and talented, hard working and honorable, I had forgotten what it was like to teach a kid though I think I have gotten spoiled with Adley and the one I...lost he...was much like his older brother."
The Hermetic said and there was pain in his eyes as e mentioned the student he had lost to Union fire.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Adley is... an Academic, first and foremost, I think. For good and ill, he has a personality which makes him thrive while seeking knowledge, first and foremost. Whereas Kyle... I think perhaps he's happier seeking mastery of his physical and mental abilities, honing skills and reflexes, rather than simply accruing information. I could, of course, be mistaken, but it's something you and he need to find out together. Kyle could yet prove a more diligent student than Adley, if your teaching methods are adapted to his learning methods."

Anja wrote:"It is one of my aunt's favorites so she taught me her recepie when I came to live with her after the war."
Hildegard said.
"I like to make it every now and again for special occasions or when I am having guests. I hope Anna will like it I have no idea of the girl's tastes, but I have been informed about her special issues so I will make sure my sewing basket and brooches are placed in my bedroom out of sight."
She promised.
He smiled, "Thank you. We're still exploring the range of Anna's palate, but she does have a surprising fondness for green food. I'm sure she'll be quite able to brave both the salmon and the pudding, though."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:46 pm

Colin nodded, then smiled wryly, "Yes, well, while our representatives in the area were a tad late to respond to the widow-burning practice, we were rather effective in putting an end to it, at least... so perhaps that's one small point in our favour? But yes, your Tradition's devotion to personal responsibility is a respectable stance. I recall Akrites always seemed so dreadfully burdened after the fateful incident at Kirkenes... Ah, well, that was in a different life..."

"The British Empire's efficiency have never been their problem."
Master Babu said wryly.
"But yes indeed if one have hedonism an no personal responsibility one get monstrous pretty quickly, either that or lost to one's own pleasure never to emerge and both of those options ends one's path."
She said then she raised an eyebrow.
"You knew the great Sage in another life then Mr Wainwright, well now that is quite impressive, I do suspect you are right though that he felt responsible for what happened."
She said and frowned.
"That poor rune Master."

He grinned, "I do my best. My little sister, alas, is far too much the modern woman to be bothered with kitchen duties, so I wound up inheriting the old family recipes... centuries worth, even."

"Ah a man who can cook, what a pleasure, well the best way to enjoy good food is to be able to make it."
Ange said and smiled.

He smiled, "She's quite lovely; very talkative once she recognizes that one does not intend to make demands of her... Of course, I can't not see spirits these days, so she's started to seek me out for a chat while I cook. In fact, she's a remarkable kitchen aide, with incredibly broad and deep knowledge of long-forgotten cooking tricks."

"Well that would be part of her nature Mr Wainwright, but yes she is a lovely spirit though she have been to often abused by our kind."
Master Babu said.
"One can learn quite a bit from her."

He shrugged, "I don't know that the two will be in the same Cabal... Perhaps... Strange days are coming, and... well, I should not wax prophetic in an unwarded public room."

"No that would be wise to avoid."
Ange said.
"But yes in one future they are in the same Cabal, along with Mr Riez's student, poor Miss Dawn's student, Jane Cole, that little Solificati girl and Jeffry Morgan's youngest apprentice."
She said with a slight smile.

He grinned, "And I'm getting Anna some training under our Akashic physician, so she just might dissuade the poor nurse with a less harmful technique than kicking when the time comes. Here's hoping, at least."

"Indeed so nurse Ericson got a fractured leg from that ordeal your girl have a strong kick and she really do not hold anything back now do she."

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Colin grimaced and eased himself into another chair, strapping himself in as best he could, "Right, drive carefully, doctor, you've got delicate cargo."

"I will try."
Richard agreed before he started up the car and gave you a somewhat bumpy ride, stopping outside of your closed shop. Olive lay whimpering the whole time, the dive was not easy on her burns. Once there Richard looked back again.
"We are here...how is she doing?"
He asked, that last tun though seamed to have been one to many and Olive had fainted, something which might be a mercy with her injuries.
"Do you need any aid in getting her inside?"

[Ghost Day]

He nodded thoughtfully, "Adley is... an Academic, first and foremost, I think. For good and ill, he has a personality which makes him thrive while seeking knowledge, first and foremost. Whereas Kyle... I think perhaps he's happier seeking mastery of his physical and mental abilities, honing skills and reflexes, rather than simply accruing information. I could, of course, be mistaken, but it's something you and he need to find out together. Kyle could yet prove a more diligent student than Adley, if your teaching methods are adapted to his learning methods."

"Kyle is a diligent student and eager to learn so I have no complaints there, but his personality is very different from Adley, not that it is worse or better, all my students have been different after all, but it is something to get used to."
Jeffry said.
"Hopefully without giving in and having to learn how to play those dreadful games the child seam to love so much."
He added wryly.

He smiled, "Thank you. We're still exploring the range of Anna's palate, but she does have a surprising fondness for green food. I'm sure she'll be quite able to brave both the salmon and the pudding, though."

"Good, good. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow then Mr Wainwright. Now if you excuse me, I have asked Mr Yager to look after the girls and bring them out for pizza while we where dealing with the ghost, just in case something went wrong and the young man is notoriously bad about letting someone pay him for his services so I wish to run out and get him a gift shop at a local hobby store with a good selection of pencils and other drawing tools to give him in exchange for his aid."
The Chorister said.
"You really should make sure no one takes advantage of your young Cabalmate Mr Wainwright, he is to kind for his own good at times, if you don't mind me saying so."
She added.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:31 pm

Anja wrote:"The British Empire's efficiency have never been their problem."
Master Babu said wryly.
"But yes indeed if one have hedonism an no personal responsibility one get monstrous pretty quickly, either that or lost to one's own pleasure never to emerge and both of those options ends one's path."
She said then she raised an eyebrow.
"You knew the great Sage in another life then Mr Wainwright, well now that is quite impressive, I do suspect you are right though that he felt responsible for what happened."
She said and frowned.
"That poor rune Master."
Colin nodded, "Indeed. I try to make it a point to prevent what harm I can, and soften the blows I cannot prevent... I don't always succeed, and sometimes sacrifices are inevitable..."
He shook his head, "Ugh, unpleasant memories, sorry, didn't mean to dredge up... hm, yes, I knew the great Seer. But that is indeed a story for another time... Alas, he's the only member of the First Cabal who Ascended, so he will not be coming back to join the others in this age..."

Anja wrote:"Ah a man who can cook, what a pleasure, well the best way to enjoy good food is to be able to make it."
Ange said and smiled.
He grinned, "I find that the best way to enjoy good food is to eat it, but being able to cook it does help."

Anja wrote:"Well that would be part of her nature Mr Wainwright, but yes she is a lovely spirit though she have been to often abused by our kind."
Master Babu said.
"One can learn quite a bit from her."
He nodded, "So I have come to see."

Anja wrote:"No that would be wise to avoid."
Ange said.
"But yes in one future they are in the same Cabal, along with Mr Riez's student, poor Miss Dawn's student, Jane Cole, that little Solificati girl and Jeffry Morgan's youngest apprentice."
She said with a slight smile.
He smiled, "Oh, that's excellent news. Especially concerning Chief Morgan's youngest. He's worried about the upcoming trial. Reasonably so, though I am confident it will go well."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so nurse Ericson got a fractured leg from that ordeal your girl have a strong kick and she really do not hold anything back now do she."
He smiled wryly, "She's got the temperament of a Greek woman, the soul of a dragon, and the education of a Labyrinth; it's only expected that she'd have the kick of a mule... No, she's not the sort to restrain herself. At the very least, she can't use offensive magic for some time yet. Let's hope we can avoid too bad an injury for Nurse Ericson."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"I will try."
Richard agreed before he started up the car and gave you a somewhat bumpy ride, stopping outside of your closed shop. Olive lay whimpering the whole time, the dive was not easy on her burns. Once there Richard looked back again.
"We are here...how is she doing?"
He asked, that last tun though seamed to have been one to many and Olive had fainted, something which might be a mercy with her injuries.
"Do you need any aid in getting her inside?"
He grimaced and eased himself out of the chair before checking on Olive, and then carefully releasing her, "She's passed out... perhaps a deeper state of rest, I can't tell - she mentioned something about slipping into a torpor; might be a sort of vampiric coma."
He sighed, "Yes, if you could carry her inside once I've turned off the alarm and surveillance, we'll make a sheltered space for her in a corner of the workshop."
He stepped outside and unlocked the shop, quickly turning off the alarm and the cameras for a few minutes, leading the way downstairs to the sanctum and moving aside a couple of shelf units and some sheets of silver, "Here, it's not particularly comfortable, perhaps, but it is clean. And then I can let Jon take up the watch here while we deal with the troublemaker... ah, and she will need a lot of blood; Mrs. Knox in Chicago suggested superfluous blood tests that would otherwise get disposed of at the end of the day, as well as donated whole blood past its due date... do you think you can manage to deliver on such short notice? I will, of course, do what I can to compensate you for the effort."

[Ghost Day]
Anja wrote:"Kyle is a diligent student and eager to learn so I have no complaints there, but his personality is very different from Adley, not that it is worse or better, all my students have been different after all, but it is something to get used to."
Jeffry said.
"Hopefully without giving in and having to learn how to play those dreadful games the child seam to love so much."
He added wryly.
He grinned, "You never know, understanding the underlying mechanics of those things might give you a few novel ideas. They are known to be good for training reflexes and split-second decision making. That said, Dr. Boudavich did mention earlier that Kyle and Anna will be in the same Cabal in a future timeline, alongside a few other members of this little household. So there is reason to expect a good chance of a beneficial outcome for the lad."

Anja wrote:"Good, good. I look forward to seeing you tomorrow then Mr Wainwright. Now if you excuse me, I have asked Mr Yager to look after the girls and bring them out for pizza while we where dealing with the ghost, just in case something went wrong and the young man is notoriously bad about letting someone pay him for his services so I wish to run out and get him a gift shop at a local hobby store with a good selection of pencils and other drawing tools to give him in exchange for his aid."
The Chorister said.
"You really should make sure no one takes advantage of your young Cabalmate Mr Wainwright, he is to kind for his own good at times, if you don't mind me saying so."
She added.
He smiled wryly, "Yes, his Mentor asked me to do so in a couple of weeks, too... He's a bit too prone to charity and to downplaying his own abilities and achievements, but on the other hand, he's doing quite sharp business taking commissions online. It may simply be that he's stealthily accumulating favours and goodwill to be drawn on when he's in a pinch later. And, of course, it may just as likely be that he's still not figured out how to set a price tag on his time. Perhaps i should ask Miss Bouchard to school him in that particular subject."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:41 am

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja wrote:"What do snacks and drinks cost Sir I have three dollars."
Cava informed you.
"I was going to buy a matchbook car and a paper doll at the toy store."

"I'm a big boy Cava. I should try and make my own money. And once I do, I'll throw a massive party for all of you. " he said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Yeah I guess so they still have guns though unless we make them into chocolate as well."
The little girl said and smiles.
"We will make them run away."

"Guns are even more expensive than clothing. So if we turn them to chocolate that'll be even more money down the drain." Serge said with a smile. "And the when they try and get into their cars to run away....we'll turn the car into chocolate! No one will be able to escape our chocolaty wrath! We will be known as the choco-terror! Mwahahahahaha!"

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Well, not affording ice cream would be a terrible twist of fate during the summer months; you could well be right. And if you swing by my workshop one day, I could show you how I weave a little fortune into the lucky charms. Just be careful not to overdo it - there's a reason I never carry the precious little things around more than one at a time."

"That'd be awesome. Thanks Mr. Wainwright." Serge said with a smile. "There's a spell I've been wanting to make for a while now. But it's a long ways off and it can't work unless I can manipulate fate and chance."

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Wasted? Really, now? When there's such a convenient little touch of magic in the proper preparation in ingredients, the careful selection of materials and tools, and the end result is such a magnificent alchemy of flavours?

"It's probably a really enjoyable experience. If you know how to cook....or can afford ingredients and materials in the first place." Serge said with a nervous chuckle. "But I have neither so cooking isn't exactly an enjoyable time for me."

Colin wrote:Tsk. Besides, I've started having conversations at length with Shimmer, the lady of the cooking fumes, while preparing dinner. Quite a lovely lady, so long as you show her respect, and don't make demands of her."
Anja wrote:"Ah Shimmer how are the dear spirit these days?"
Master Babu asked.

"I apologize if this is a dumb question. But who's Shimmer and should I know her? Is she like...the spirit of a stove or something?"

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Don't underestimate subtlety. And a large-scale illusion can be worth its weight in Primium. Well, perceived weight, perhaps... I'm sure you could get away with a large fog bank without much issue, but a raging storm elemental plowing down Tremont Street might be a bit hard to accept for most."

" Both are really easy. Or at least the fog bank is easy...the elemental is doable...sort of....kind of....maybe. As long as the targets are mages." Serge said with a sigh. "Mages tend to believe anything they see. They have too, given all they've likely experienced. Cause it's better to be prepared for something to be real than to assume it's a harmless illusion." he explained.

Anja wrote:"If you die as a young man because of a horrible diet that will remove far more time from the things you want to do you know."
"Some Masters develop spells to avoid the need to eat, but I do not recommend it, we should never forget that we are human beings in addition to being mages."

"Looks like you got me there." Serge said with a defeated chuckle. "Yeah I'd probably forget really fast. "

Anja wrote:"Perhaps that is why that is the magick you are talented in Serge, your Avatar knows that you need to learn to accept the invisible things as well, that they are as powerful and as important as the flashy things, you can learn more flashy magick off course, the question is more why do you value the flashy over the subtle?"
Ange asked as she regarded you.

"Because I've been subtle and dull my whole life. So subtle I was basically invisible. I'm good with mind magick because I spent so much time in my head. In my imagination I was finally as cool as everyone I saw on tv and read in stories. Here I don't have that type of power. Just once I wanna do something that makes people go "Holy shit Serge did you just do that! That's so cool! Why are you such a powerful mage! How can I be as cool as you!"." Serge said finally revealing why he preferred flash over practicality.

Then with a sigh Serge said, "My Avatar probably does know what's best for me. You know he even told me about the value of doing small mundane deeds over epic-style flashy deeds. Wish he'd tell me these things straight-up instead of murdering everyone in my party and then beating the ever-loving shit out of me. Oh by the way. I meant to tell you that. I had a seeking yesterday."

Adley wrote:"The entire world as a video game?" he frowned a little. "I agree relations and connections are important, if you already know that then learning a little about spiritual entities and the Umbra should not be so challenging, perhaps. I...was recently introduced to the art of correspondence myself. It was unpleasant, accidental and unexpected. It was also enlightening and I have been trying to research in retrospect after my experience," he said. Then he changed the topic, "I have had some difficulty in explaining the idea that we have bodies of different vibrational resonances and act on different aspects of the Tellurian. The spiritual realms are in a different state of being than what we usually perceive in modern life, and are separated by the Gauntlet and  occluded. This is what I will access so that we will be able to see spirits, though we are clothed in a physical body in our physical world, which is a lower emanation. I will share this with you but I will have to touch your physical form, such as taking your hand to make a contact point."

Serge listened attentively to Adley's words and then nodded when he was done. " I can't say I ever thought of reality like that. That's certainly a new perspective. Anyways, I'm familiar with the concept of sharing senses through the bridge of touch. It's a common technique used by the Cult of Ecstasy."

Adley wrote:"Yes, I feel something of an imposter while teaching class. Especially as one of my own students is in the hospital." He sighed. "I worry for her but there is not much we can do but keep an eye out for her so that she is not harmed further, and see if she will come out of her coma. I hope that she may survive this and somehow make a life that is worthy of her; she was an intelligent woman and did not deserve the circumstances that she was forced to bear. Then of course there is the fact I did not know there was a vampire in my school. I am much more careful now than I was before...one never knows who they might find even right next to them. If had had tried to see if any of my students were awakened, perhaps I would have been able to reach out to her earlier..."

" Damn....I didn't even know about all of that. That would explain why your always looking around like you expect something to jump out at you at any time." Serge said with a sad nod "You know I have some experience with reviving comatose patients. I could try and help her if you want." he offered.

Adley wrote:"I can't say that I recall all of my dreams, some of them I do but I am not entirely sure they are dreams, but memories. So you can walk in the realm of Dreams? Interesting."

"Yeah!" Serge said with a smile. "It's the best. Walk around my own little world where I can create anything I want with just a little thought. I've lived my fair share of lifetimes there, assuming every single role you could think of. Hero, villain, president, pirate, ninja, spy, even wizard. It's probably best to think about it as a pocket realm all to myself."

Adley wrote:"Hrm? No, just you," he said, blinking at him. He seemed confused by the question. "At any rate, I notice you brought your sketchbook. While inspiration is not a bad reason to want to see what is usually invisible to the mundane eye, do be cautious in what you draw, for it can form a link between you and the spirit, as many spiritual links can be symbolic in nature. Not as strong as their Name, but one that holds power all the same. While I expect to mostly see friendly spirits that I have seen before around our home," he prefaced, "a few general precautions are wise and I would feel remiss not to mention the basics. Never engage in any barter or deal without knowing precisely with whom you are speaking, nor without protection and the aid of someone who knows what they are doing. Be careful should one ever ask you for your Name; do not to provide it for it will give them power over you, especially in their realm. Similarly, it is usually unwise to give spirits personal objects or your possessions, but gifts appropriate to their domain of interest are usually acceptable offerings," he explained. "Spirits, while various in both power and type, have a general scope of abilities and interests related to what type of spirit they are and that limits them as much as anything else. Asking a rain spirit or water elemental to make fire or work against their nature is just going to frustrate them or worse, insult them, depending on their temperament."

Serge listened attentively to the wise magus's words. "So don't ask for anything, don't give them anything, tell them nothing, and use common sense when interacting with them. That is...certainly a lot rules." he said with a smile.

"What type of spirits will we be seeing. I heard that Master Morgan had fire elemental imps or something like that. Will we be seeing those?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:03 am

Serge listened attentively to Adley's words and then nodded when he was done. " I can't say I ever thought of reality like that. That's certainly a new perspective. Anyways, I'm familiar with the concept of sharing senses through the bridge of touch. It's a common technique used by the Cult of Ecstasy."

"I've never thought of the world as a video game. Thinking of it as a game in any sense seems wrong somehow. I am less used to sharing senses, but I have done so before and I know how to do it. I will have to get used to doing it more often, if I am going to have a student of my own someday."

" Damn....I didn't even know about all of that. That would explain why your always looking around like you expect something to jump out at you at any time." Serge said with a sad nod "You know I have some experience with reviving comatose patients. I could try and help her if you want." he offered.

He frowned a bit deeper and looked as if he were ready to retreat further back into the couch, yet he didn't physically move so much as a distant look come over his face. He was quiet a moment and then said, "I don't know what might help her. I think before trying anything like that, talking with Doctor Lee and both our mentors would be a good idea. What happened to her...how she got that way might somehow harm you, Sergius. She experienced a deep trauma, so you should know what the risks could be for you if you choose to try to help her."

"Yeah!" Serge said with a smile. "It's the best. Walk around my own little world where I can create anything I want with just a little thought. I've lived my fair share of lifetimes there, assuming every single role you could think of. Hero, villain, president, pirate, ninja, spy, even wizard. It's probably best to think about it as a pocket realm all to myself."

"I have heard that some magii can and do make their own realm for themselves using the art of Mind."

Serge listened attentively to the wise magus's words. "So don't ask for anything, don't give them anything, tell them nothing, and use common sense when interacting with them. That is...certainly a lot rules." he said with a smile.

"Well, not quite but I suppose the shortest version is to be cautious with strange spirits, do not disclose anything that can be used as an arcane link and don't bite off more than you can chew. There are more rules and protocols than I am able to teach to you and you're not here for a lesson, really. However, it is important for us all to be safe, our spirit friends included. So, I would ask that you not draw exactly what you see of our denizens. I would not wish any harm to come to them. That is why we use nicknames for them, not their True Names, also, so that no one unwanted can have power over them without their leave or agreement." He stood up and went over to his desk, moving a few stacks of books around as he looked for something. "Where did I put that..."

"What type of spirits will we be seeing. I heard that Master Morgan had fire elemental imps or something like that. Will we be seeing those?"

He smiled a bit at the mention of the imps, clearly he was fond of them and speaking about his friends was cheering him up a bit. "It is likely we might draw the attention of those imps yes; do be aware that to them, the image on your shirt might seem an invitation and not one you might wish to offer to them. If you have a hoodie you might want to throw it on over. They are intelligent in a sort of child-like way and they like to play and wheedle 'treats' because they are quite cute and they have figured out this is a way to get mages to give them things. They are friendly, curious and helpful, if a bit spoiled and easily bored. But speaking of giving spirits things, I would like to bring a gift for some of my other friends. They have been helpful to me, and it is time that I give them something in return. I also wish to give a gift to some gafflings that have aided me, they are not capable of speech as you would understand it. If we go to the roof garden, we might see some elementals there also, and spirits of decay at work or some of the guardians." He stopped a moment and looked at Serge and then back to his desk and picked up a small dark cloth box that had been tucked into the corner. "Ah...there is one thing else you might see, I suppose, though you might not understand what you're looking at..." He turned around, a small box in his hands, and stood there as if debating elaborating at all. A hand tapped on the top of the box nervously and he came and sat down, setting it on the coffee table without opening it, looking anxious.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:52 am

Adley wrote:"I've never thought of the world as a video game. Thinking of it as a game in any sense seems wrong somehow. I am less used to sharing senses, but I have done so before and I know how to do it. I will have to get used to doing it more often, if I am going to have a student of my own someday."

"Why would it be wrong? Seems perfectly reasonable to me. From the beginning of human history people have created. People create vast worlds in their mind and the bring them into reality through arts such as paintings, music, plays, and of course video games. All of these works are inspired by things people see in real life. These works of art then inspire others to create and imagine and shape the real world around them. This newly shaped world inspires other people to create new forms of art in an endless cycle. Eventually it becomes difficult to tell reality and fiction apart since they've borrowed so many attributes with each other."

Adley wrote:He frowned a bit deeper and looked as if he were ready to retreat further back into the couch, yet he didn't physically move so much as a distant look come over his face. He was quiet a moment and then said, "I don't know what might help her. I think before trying anything like that, talking with Doctor Lee and both our mentors would be a good idea. What happened to her...how she got that way might somehow harm you, Sergius. She experienced a deep trauma, so you should know what the risks could be for you if you choose to try to help her."

"Is her what happened to her worst than the endless torture that Jace's patients had to endure? Because I survived that level of trauma and managed to bring them back. And I'd happily go through that again if it would help her." Serge said as he frowned slightly, though still having a determined look on his face, remembering all he had seen and done during his time in the infirmary.

"But your right. Talking to Dr. Lee first would probably be best. He saw what Sergius did firsthand. He'd be able to make an accurate guess as to what kind of dangers I would face."

Adley wrote:"I have heard that some magii can and do make their own realm for themselves using the art of Mind."

"Demesne. Dream Palace. Dream Realm. Whatever you want to call it. I have it. I gained access to mine when I awakened. That's where I awakened. So I'm quite fond of that place." Serge said nonchalantly.

Adley wrote:"Well, not quite but I suppose the shortest version is to be cautious with strange spirits, do not disclose anything that can be used as an arcane link and don't bite off more than you can chew. There are more rules and protocols than I am able to teach to you and you're not here for a lesson, really. However, it is important for us all to be safe, our spirit friends included. So, I would ask that you not draw exactly what you see of our denizens. I would not wish any harm to come to them. That is why we use nicknames for them, not their True Names, also, so that no one unwanted can have power over them without their leave or agreement." He stood up and went over to his desk, moving a few stacks of books around as he looked for something. "Where did I put that..."

Adley wrote:He smiled a bit at the mention of the imps, clearly he was fond of them and speaking about his friends was cheering him up a bit. "It is likely we might draw the attention of those imps yes; do be aware that to them, the image on your shirt might seem an invitation and not one you might wish to offer to them. If you have a hoodie you might want to throw it on over. They are intelligent in a sort of child-like way and they like to play and wheedle 'treats' because they are quite cute and they have figured out this is a way to get mages to give them things. They are friendly, curious and helpful, if a bit spoiled and easily bored. But speaking of giving spirits things, I would like to bring a gift for some of my other friends. They have been helpful to me, and it is time that I give them something in return. I also wish to give a gift to some gafflings that have aided me, they are not capable of speech as you would understand it. If we go to the roof garden, we might see some elementals there also, and spirits of decay at work or some of the guardians." He stopped a moment and looked at Serge and then back to his desk and picked up a small dark cloth box that had been tucked into the corner. "Ah...there is one thing else you might see, I suppose, though you might not understand what you're looking at..." He turned around, a small box in his hands, and stood there as if debating elaborating at all. A hand tapped on the top of the box nervously and he came and sat down, setting it on the coffee table without opening it, looking anxious.

"Ok those imps sound sorta like me. Spoiled and easily bored. I think we'd get along." Serge said with a chuckle as he leaned forward to have a closer look at what Adley was searching for while listening to the talkative mage's lecture. "What are you planning on giving your friends? Different spirits take different different gifts based on what their representing right?"

He gave a curious look as the Flambeau brought out the small box and looked even more interested upon noticing the Hermetic's change in demeanor when handling it.

"Sooooo your gonna tell me what's the deal with the box right. It'd be pretty anti-climatic otherwise. Does it have trapped spirits inside of it or something?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:46 am

"Why would it be wrong? Seems perfectly reasonable to me. From the beginning of human history people have created. People create vast worlds in their mind and the bring them into reality through arts such as paintings, music, plays, and of course video games. All of these works are inspired by things people see in real life. These works of art then inspire others to create and imagine and shape the real world around them. This newly shaped world inspires other people to create new forms of art in an endless cycle. Eventually it becomes difficult to tell reality and fiction apart since they've borrowed so many attributes with each other."

"Life isn't a game, that's why. At least not to me, there is too much at stake."

"Is her what happened to her worst than the endless torture that Jace's patients had to endure? Because I survived that level of trauma and managed to bring them back. And I'd happily go through that again if it would help her." Serge said as he frowned slightly, though still having a determined look on his face, remembering all he had seen and done during his time in the infirmary.

"I don't know about /worse,/ but I do know it is what put her in that state and it was bad. I wished I could have stopped it from happening somehow, but I'm not even sure if it was possible to really protect her from it. We could have tried. We should have tried."

"But your right. Talking to Dr. Lee first would probably be best. He saw what Sergius did firsthand. He'd be able to make an accurate guess as to what kind of dangers I would face."

"That man did not harm her in the way he did the others you saw, it was something else that happened to her. If you decide you want to find out more to try to help, then they can tell you more about the nature of her distress. Otherwise, it's best not to risk spreading other people's problems around too much," he said. "Just be careful. While I do want her to be helped if she can be, it's delicate and she is in a dangerous place on top of it."

"Demesne. Dream Palace. Dream Realm. Whatever you want to call it. I have it. I gained access to mine when I awakened. That's where I awakened. So I'm quite fond of that place." Serge said nonchalantly.

"You awakened into your own Demense? Unusual, and interesting..."

"Ok those imps sound sorta like me. Spoiled and easily bored. I think we'd get along." Serge said with a chuckle as he leaned forward to have a closer look at what Adley was searching for while listening to the talkative mage's lecture. "What are you planning on giving your friends? Different spirits take different different gifts based on what their representing right?"

He chuckled. "So you think you are spoiled?" On his desk were some pens, pencils and other writing tools, stacks of notebooks, several being used at once, stacks of notecards for citations or footnotes, with rubber bands or paper clips around parts of each stack to separate them and some small boxes. The boxes looked to be stationary box size, though some were made of wood or with cloth exteriors and he was checking a few of them that looked similar. He set aside one with an engraving of a pair of syyllized snakes wound around a tree or plant branch on a hill with plants; something in Latin was inscribed around the outside in the border. "Yes, that's correct. In this case my friends are earth spirits, so we're going to give them something relating to that."

"Sooooo your gonna tell me what's the deal with the box right. It'd be pretty anti-climatic otherwise. Does it have trapped spirits inside of it or something?"

"I don't tend to put my friends into boxes, unless they wish to be inside one and I don't have any cat-spirit friends at the moment. As for trapping a malignant one, it would need a better enchantment than this." He opened the top off and showed Serge the contents. Inside the box was a clear pouch with very small tumbled precious and semiprecious stones, enough to fit in the palm of his hand. In the light they were multicolored, red garnet and orange agates, lavender and purple amethyst blue and clear, apple green and yellow citrine. "Apologies in advance for the let down. It will make more sense when you can see them. You ever see someone feed pigeons in front of the library?" He took the pouch out and put the lid back on the box and put it back, straightening his desk a bit. "Did you have any questions beforehand?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:01 am

Colin nodded, "Indeed. I try to make it a point to prevent what harm I can, and soften the blows I cannot prevent... I don't always succeed, and sometimes sacrifices are inevitable..."

"A sensible rule to live by Mr Wainwright."
Master Babu said and nodded approvingly.

He shook his head, "Ugh, unpleasant memories, sorry, didn't mean to dredge up... hm, yes, I knew the great Seer. But that is indeed a story for another time... Alas, he's the only member of the First Cabal who Ascended, so he will not be coming back to join the others in this age..."

"No I suspect you are right, The Great Seer did Ascend this have been confirmed he will have no need for another incarnation for for the others yes they are back our elders have seen...well it is not appropriate to discuss here or openly, please do forgive me my good man."
The old Cultist said with a serious look in her dark eyes.

He grinned, "I find that the best way to enjoy good food is to eat it, but being able to cook it does help."

Ange chuckle at that and wince.
"Ah how right you are."
She said sounding amused.

He smiled, "Oh, that's excellent news. Especially concerning Chief Morgan's youngest. He's worried about the upcoming trial. Reasonably so, though I am confident it will go well."

"The most likely timeline at the moment have the kid in it in the future, there will be pain and suffering for him but good times as well off course the future is ever set in stone."
The doctor said and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "She's got the temperament of a Greek woman, the soul of a dragon, and the education of a Labyrinth; it's only expected that she'd have the kick of a mule... No, she's not the sort to restrain herself. At the very least, she can't use offensive magic for some time yet. Let's hope we can avoid too bad an injury for Nurse Ericson."

"Well in her mindset she was saving her friend from the same fate that her old Mentor gave his victims, she have not yet learned that not all use of needles, even on a unwilling patient is meant to do harm, and from that mindset any force is acceptable."
Ange said and sigh.
"And teaching her otherwise will be hard."

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He grimaced and eased himself out of the chair before checking on Olive, and then carefully releasing her, "She's passed out... perhaps a deeper state of rest, I can't tell - she mentioned something about slipping into a torpor; might be a sort of vampiric coma."

"That might be for the best Colin, if someone have burns so severe in the hospital they are often put into a medical coma while they heal to spare them the pain."
Richard said before he come around back to help out with Olive.

He sighed, "Yes, if you could carry her inside once I've turned off the alarm and surveillance, we'll make a sheltered space for her in a corner of the workshop."
He stepped outside and unlocked the shop, quickly turning off the alarm and the cameras for a few minutes, leading the way downstairs to the sanctum and moving aside a couple of shelf units and some sheets of silver, "Here, it's not particularly comfortable, perhaps, but it is clean. And then I can let Jon take up the watch here while we deal with the troublemaker...

Richard gently lifted Olive into his arms and carried her into your shop.
"Oh she weigh nothing."
He muttered.
"I can bring down some blankets and a pillow for her if you will allow so she can be more comfortable."
He said as he gently put the vampire down where directed.

ah, and she will need a lot of blood; Mrs. Knox in Chicago suggested superfluous blood tests that would otherwise get disposed of at the end of the day, as well as donated whole blood past its due date... do you think you can manage to deliver on such short notice? I will, of course, do what I can to compensate you for the effort."

"Ah yes, not a problem, usually more tubes than what is needed are drawn, getting them sorted out and tossed in another container than the rest of the bio waste and bribing a nurse to slip those containers to me is not to big of a issue, just cover what it will cost me for the bribe and that will be fine."
The Akashic said and nodded.

[Ghost Day]

He grinned, "You never know, understanding the underlying mechanics of those things might give you a few novel ideas. They are known to be good for training reflexes and split-second decision making. That said, Dr. Boudavich did mention earlier that Kyle and Anna will be in the same Cabal in a future timeline, alongside a few other members of this little household. So there is reason to expect a good chance of a beneficial outcome for the lad."

"Those dreadful little games are made by the Union!"
Jeffry spat then he sigh.
"But the kid really like them and I guess I should know a little about his tastes and interests but I so do not want to."
He said and from his expression he did look a bit like a pig to the slaughter, he smiled over what you where saying though.
"A Cabal...I had hoped that the young mages of the Chantry might form a Cabal one day...well that give me hope, thank you Mr Wainwright."

He smiled wryly, "Yes, his Mentor asked me to do so in a couple of weeks, too... He's a bit too prone to charity and to downplaying his own abilities and achievements, but on the other hand, he's doing quite sharp business taking commissions online. It may simply be that he's stealthily accumulating favours and goodwill to be drawn on when he's in a pinch later. And, of course, it may just as likely be that he's still not figured out how to set a price tag on his time. Perhaps i should ask Miss Bouchard to school him in that particular subject."

"Well the problem is that with us he often refuse to take payment for his art. I asked him for a comission, a drawing of the girls together but he do not want to be paid for it and then I feel bad asking for the work done, it is much more tidy to go to your silver shop Mr Wainwright you take payment for your labor as you should...ah that remind me, I managed to dent one of of silver forks do you have time to repair it for me this month?"
Hildegard asked.
"But yes young Mr Yager is a sweet young man, but I do think he need a little watching after. I am glad he is earning some money on selling his art online though, he is quite talented."

[Nicole and Cava]

"I'm a big boy Cava. I should try and make my own money. And once I do, I'll throw a massive party for all of you. " he said with a smile.

"You can sell drawings Mr Yager or paper dolls, you make the best paper dolls."
Cava said happily.
"Princess Katie is the prettiest one I have."

"Guns are even more expensive than clothing. So if we turn them to chocolate that'll be even more money down the drain." Serge said with a smile. "And the when they try and get into their cars to run away....we'll turn the car into chocolate! No one will be able to escape our chocolaty wrath! We will be known as the choco-terror! Mwahahahahaha!"

"Yeah and then we will eat all of that chocolate and get really fat and have fun rolling down hills, we could have a race."
Cava said happily and she clapped her hands excitedly.
"The Union will not know what hit them."

"It's probably a really enjoyable experience. If you know how to cook....or can afford ingredients and materials in the first place." Serge said with a nervous chuckle. "But I have neither so cooking isn't exactly an enjoyable time for me."

"While the starving artist is a most adorable trope child it is not suitable for a mage of royal lineage."
Master Babu said, disproval thick on her voice. Ange sigh.
"How is the project you told me about to sell your art online going Serge?"
She asked to deflect her Mentor's harsh questions.

"I apologize if this is a dumb question. But who's Shimmer and should I know her? Is she like...the spirit of a stove or something?"

"She is the spirit of the shimmering air over cook fires child."
Master Babu explained.

"Looks like you got me there." Serge said with a defeated chuckle. "Yeah I'd probably forget really fast. "

"I will make sure you do not forget and I will make sure you eat more kid if I have to cook for you and send you healthy frozen meals I will."
Ange said she sounded concerned about you.

"Because I've been subtle and dull my whole life. So subtle I was basically invisible. I'm good with mind magick because I spent so much time in my head. In my imagination I was finally as cool as everyone I saw on tv and read in stories. Here I don't have that type of power. Just once I wanna do something that makes people go "Holy shit Serge did you just do that! That's so cool! Why are you such a powerful mage! How can I be as cool as you!"." Serge said finally revealing why he preferred flash over practicality.

"You want to be seen Serge, that is understandable, you want others to give you the attention your parents did not. Do know though that I see you and not for flashy thing, I see your kindness, however perhaps this is a topic best discussed in private."
Your Mentor said softly, not correcting your wishes.

Then with a sigh Serge said, "My Avatar probably does know what's best for me. You know he even told me about the value of doing small mundane deeds over epic-style flashy deeds. Wish he'd tell me these things straight-up instead of murdering everyone in my party and then beating the ever-loving shit out of me. Oh by the way. I meant to tell you that. I had a seeking yesterday."

"You had a Seeking, that is wonderful Serge well done, did you pass it?"
Ange said with a warm smile.
"Listen there is nothing wrong with wanting to do something flashy and daring do but do not ignore the small things you do for they tend to be just as important, look at it this way, we where talking about food, there is nothing wrong with wishing for the big, feast day meal with all the bells and whistles, but it is all the everyday meals that form the foundations of your health and well being."
Your Mentor explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:29 am

Anja wrote:"No I suspect you are right, The Great Seer did Ascend this have been confirmed he will have no need for another incarnation for for the others yes they are back our elders have seen...well it is not appropriate to discuss here or openly, please do forgive me my good man."
The old Cultist said with a serious look in her dark eyes.
Colin nodded, "Most certainly, and there's nothing to forgive. Though I would like to learn more of what you know - perhaps an exchange of information? - and my workshop-sanctum is warded well."

Jeremy wrote:"That'd be awesome. Thanks Mr. Wainwright." Serge said with a smile. "There's a spell I've been wanting to make for a while now. But it's a long ways off and it can't work unless I can manipulate fate and chance."
He grinned, "Just be careful - giving luck a push in the right direction is easy, but it's a fickle force, so pushing too hard is also easy, and that pendulum hits hard on the rebound."

Anja wrote:Ange chuckle at that and wince.
"Ah how right you are."
She said sounding amused.
Jeremy wrote:"It's probably a really enjoyable experience. If you know how to cook....or can afford ingredients and materials in the first place." Serge said with a nervous chuckle. "But I have neither so cooking isn't exactly an enjoyable time for me."
He shrugged, "As a matter of fact, the ingredients aren't the worst expense; the ingredients, compared to the cost of instant meals, are quite affordable, the distinction is in the amount of time needed, and if someone needs to work two or three shifts each day, there's just no time left to spend an hour or two over the cookpots. Time is, indeed, money."

Jeremy wrote:"I apologize if this is a dumb question. But who's Shimmer and should I know her? Is she like...the spirit of a stove or something?"
He shook his head, "Not at all a dumb question; if you're not able to see spirits on your own, and haven't studied them, there's no reason you should be familiar with them by name. Shimmer is the spirit of the cooking fumes, of all cooking fumes. She's in the hot air above any meal being prepared, and if like me the cook sees the presence of spirits like the presence of any other people, she'll gladly chat them up, so long as she's not been disrespected."

Jeremy wrote:" Both are really easy. Or at least the fog bank is easy...the elemental is doable...sort of....kind of....maybe. As long as the targets are mages." Serge said with a sigh. "Mages tend to believe anything they see. They have too, given all they've likely experienced. Cause it's better to be prepared for something to be real than to assume it's a harmless illusion." he explained.
He smiled wryly, "As a large-scale illusion that everyone in Boston could be able to see? I think the elemental would be quite the painful endeavour for you. A large fog bank is believable for everyone."

Anja wrote:"The most likely timeline at the moment have the kid in it in the future, there will be pain and suffering for him but good times as well off course the future is ever set in stone."
The doctor said and nodded.
He nodded, then smiled wryly "And perhaps, just perhaps, a cleansing of the Avatar... Well, it's a work in progress, in any case. And do I ever know the future's not set in stone; I've shifted it around enough to have a certain wrinkly old man over for tea, I know there's plenty of wiggle room to change things... for better or worse."

Anja wrote:"Well in her mindset she was saving her friend from the same fate that her old Mentor gave his victims, she have not yet learned that not all use of needles, even on a unwilling patient is meant to do harm, and from that mindset any force is acceptable."
Ange said and sigh.
"And teaching her otherwise will be hard."
He nodded, "Hard, and slow, but ultimately successful, I think... I remember a future where she does embroidery, and has a tattoo she got as a reward for donating blood... She's headstrong, and that will help her when she decides on a goal like that."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"That might be for the best Colin, if someone have burns so severe in the hospital they are often put into a medical coma while they heal to spare them the pain."
Richard said before he come around back to help out with Olive.
He nodded, "Let us just hope it doesn't make feeding her more difficult... or hosting her more dangerous."

Anja wrote:Richard gently lifted Olive into his arms and carried her into your shop.
"Oh she weigh nothing."
He muttered.
"I can bring down some blankets and a pillow for her if you will allow so she can be more comfortable."
He said as he gently put the vampire down where directed.
He frowned, then pondered, "I suppose much of her bodily fluids would have been evacuated on her moment of undeath, and... she lost a bit of mass to the accidental sunburn... I was planning on bringing down some blankets, myself, but I'm sure you have access to ones better suited for burn trauma victims. Thank you."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes, not a problem, usually more tubes than what is needed are drawn, getting them sorted out and tossed in another container than the rest of the bio waste and bribing a nurse to slip those containers to me is not to big of a issue, just cover what it will cost me for the bribe and that will be fine."
The Akashic said and nodded.
He nodded, "I would say 'bill me', but a paper trial isn't necessarily what we want - just let me know what the bribes will come to, and I'll see about covering it as quickly as possible."

[Ghost Day]
Anja wrote:"Those dreadful little games are made by the Union!"
Jeffry spat then he sigh.
"But the kid really like them and I guess I should know a little about his tastes and interests but I so do not want to."
He said and from his expression he did look a bit like a pig to the slaughter, he smiled over what you where saying though.
"A Cabal...I had hoped that the young mages of the Chantry might form a Cabal one day...well that give me hope, thank you Mr Wainwright."
He smiled wryly, "Now, the machinery that powers those games may have been made by the Union, but I'm quite certain most games are made by non-Union enthusiasts who want to use the machines for their entertainment, and a bit of profit. I mean, the furnace, the alarm system and the cash register in my shop are strictly speaking Union inventions, too, but that doesn't mean the people who assembled them are Technocrats. And yes, the friendships forged here will last a lifetime, and all that..."

Anja wrote:"Well the problem is that with us he often refuse to take payment for his art. I asked him for a comission, a drawing of the girls together but he do not want to be paid for it and then I feel bad asking for the work done, it is much more tidy to go to your silver shop Mr Wainwright you take payment for your labor as you should...ah that remind me, I managed to dent one of of silver forks do you have time to repair it for me this month?"
Hildegard asked.
"But yes young Mr Yager is a sweet young man, but I do think he need a little watching after. I am glad he is earning some money on selling his art online though, he is quite talented."
He smiled wryly, "In all honesty, ma'am, I don't charge as much for labour when it's for Chantry members, and a few other select clients... but I can rather see his side, as well - he gets an opportunity to practice and show off his skills, and he may well consider that to be worth quite as much as a spot of hard cash. Still, I agree, he should charge something for his work, even if just a hot meal and having materials covered."
He pondered and counted on his fingers, "Mmm, no, there's just a couple of days left, and I've got a couple of rather urgent and time-consuming jobs on the itinerary... I can fit you in on the second, though. Well, unless it's a small dent; I can bring my little hammer over for dinner tomorrow and have a look."

((OOC: Well, today's D&D day. Party's gonna hafta go find an abducted Santa, arrested by the evil Baron for "criminal trespass". Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:09 am

[Junkyard]

Nicole watched the cargo be loaded into the truck, and once done went over to the Victoria to start their journey back; intending to follow the truck, to both watch for tails and just in case it broke down. She'll signal to the others that it would be best for them to travel back in either the BMW or Subaru; mainly down to the simple fact those will be going back to the Chantry direct.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:21 pm

Colin nodded, "Most certainly, and there's nothing to forgive. Though I would like to learn more of what you know - perhaps an exchange of information? - and my workshop-sanctum is warded well."

Master Babu regarded you for a moment.
"As you wish Mr Wainwright however before I speak of certain matters I am going to have to examine your wards to be sure they will hold, I mean no disrespect but there are things that would be devastating if they reached the wrong ears, and you are if you forgive me for saying so, rather young."
She said after a while.
"When would be a good time for you?"

He shrugged, "As a matter of fact, the ingredients aren't the worst expense; the ingredients, compared to the cost of instant meals, are quite affordable, the distinction is in the amount of time needed, and if someone needs to work two or three shifts each day, there's just no time left to spend an hour or two over the cookpots. Time is, indeed, money."

"This is true Mr Wainwright however there are simple and healthy dishes which can be made from scratch is less then 20 minutes of work though. One I enjoy when I am coming home from work and I am tired is to put some chicken thighs in the oven, it takes an hour to cook but I do not need to do anything else but cook some rice and cut up some salad and I have a nice, home cooked meal with a minimum of work."
Ange replied.And Master Babu froned and the doctor chuckle.
"I know you disprove of me eating meat mother but it is not likely to change."
She said and Master Babu focused on her tea though it was clear this did not please her.

He nodded, then smiled wryly "And perhaps, just perhaps, a cleansing of the Avatar... Well, it's a work in progress, in any case. And do I ever know the future's not set in stone; I've shifted it around enough to have a certain wrinkly old man over for tea, I know there's plenty of wiggle room to change things... for better or worse."

"I hope so as well Mr Wainwright, but I can not see anything about cleansed Avatar, that part of the future have not been revealed to me."
Ange said.
"At least in the future I see the young ones seam happy."

He nodded, "Hard, and slow, but ultimately successful, I think... I remember a future where she does embroidery, and has a tattoo she got as a reward for donating blood... She's headstrong, and that will help her when she decides on a goal like that."

"Well now that is encouraging actually, embroidery though that is a good idea, with someone with such a strong object phobia, starting with doctors offices and seeing medical needles wil not do, she should learn to see that needles have other uses than to be stuck into people...hum come to think of it I have an idea on that regard, there are allot of magickal practices that use needles in some way, we could fill a notebook with them and give her, the girl like most young mages love magick so to see them used as tools for such might help her."

[Abandoned Junkyard]

Nicole watched the cargo be loaded into the truck, and once done went over to the Victoria to start their journey back; intending to follow the truck, to both watch for tails and just in case it broke down. She'll signal to the others that it would be best for them to travel back in either the BMW or Subaru; mainly down to the simple fact those will be going back to the Chantry direct.

The others milled into the cars and the gaggle of mages left the junkyard. The old blood van was rather worn down but it held out and eventually stopped in front of Colin's silvershop. You saw Richard carry the vampire out of the car she seamed completely limp now, she was probably unconscious. All seamed calm and well though and there where no danger in sight though you never knew.

He nodded, "Let us just hope it doesn't make feeding her more difficult... or hosting her more dangerous."

"I know little of their kind so I would not know, if she remain unconcious I have a feeling we are either going to have to feed her through a tube or through and IV, but it should not be a to big issue."
Richard said as he carried the limp vampire quickly into the show and down to your Sanctum so he would not be seen.

He frowned, then pondered, "I suppose much of her bodily fluids would have been evacuated on her moment of undeath, and... she lost a bit of mass to the accidental sunburn... I was planning on bringing down some blankets, myself, but I'm sure you have access to ones better suited for burn trauma victims. Thank you."

"Hum...well she can't weigh more than thirty or thirty five kilos, a loss of bodily fluids might explain that but she is also very thin, grunt really, well no matter discussing her body while she is out is not nice. I will raid the burn unit and get what she needs to stay comfortable."
Richard promised.

He nodded, "I would say 'bill me', but a paper trial isn't necessarily what we want - just let me know what the bribes will come to, and I'll see about covering it as quickly as possible."

"I will offer Gus who is responsible for our bio waste fifty bucks, that should be enough."
Richard said and shrugged.

[Ghost Day]

He smiled wryly, "Now, the machinery that powers those games may have been made by the Union, but I'm quite certain most games are made by non-Union enthusiasts who want to use the machines for their entertainment, and a bit of profit. I mean, the furnace, the alarm system and the cash register in my shop are strictly speaking Union inventions, too, but that doesn't mean the people who assembled them are Technocrats. And yes, the friendships forged here will last a lifetime, and all that..."

"Yes well I know they also invented my coffee maker, Narim have reminded me many times even so, the machines makes me...uneasy."
He muttered as if admitting being nervous by something bothered him, Master Morgan was a very proud man after all.

He smiled wryly, "In all honesty, ma'am, I don't charge as much for labour when it's for Chantry members, and a few other select clients... but I can rather see his side, as well - he gets an opportunity to practice and show off his skills, and he may well consider that to be worth quite as much as a spot of hard cash. Still, I agree, he should charge something for his work, even if just a hot meal and having materials covered."

"I am grateful for your most generous prices Mr Wainwright and I understand your point of view, I just do not want to see young Mr Yeager exploited that's all."
The Chorister explained.

He pondered and counted on his fingers, "Mmm, no, there's just a couple of days left, and I've got a couple of rather urgent and time-consuming jobs on the itinerary... I can fit you in on the second, though. Well, unless it's a small dent; I can bring my little hammer over for dinner tomorrow and have a look."

"The dent is not that serious but one of the tines are a little bent. The second should be early enough, I am having my Mentor and his Cabal over for dinner on the seventh and I would like to use the good cuttlery, he is an important man after all."
She said and nodded.
"I can bring the fork over to your shop and if you can have it repaired before the seventh that would be wonderful."

(OOC: Sounds like a fun game.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:26 pm

[Colin's Store]

Anja's Post:

On arriving at their destination, Nicole parked up, stripped off her webbing, put her pistol in her pocket and got out of the car. To watch for any... visitors as they unloaded the cargo.

[Nicole and Cava]

Anja's Post:

'I... don't know. As I don't know what it's like not having them, so can't compare.' Nicole eventually answered.

Anja's Post:

'Relax, kid... David Icke is properly crazy. He also says the moon is a hallucination and fluoride in water robs the precious bodily fluids.' Nicole replied, giving a little laugh. 'The few times he's even slightly right - about there being something which sounds a bit like the Union - it's purely by chance.'

Serge's Post:

'Same reason as my great-Uncle Michael and Strom Thurmond, I think: sheer stubbornness.'

Anja's Post:

'I don't know...' the Etherite admitted, on Cava's question about Order ranks. 'But can answer the other question, me - the term is "barefoot and pregnant". That as a girl, your role in life is to look pretty for boys, do lots of cooking, have lots of babies, keep a nice house and never leave it.'

Anja's Post:

Serge's Post:

A laugh at this. 'Ward against IRS... now that's one spell for everyone.'

[In the last year, the BBC etc has actually started talking about 'after the Queen' - something they never did before now. I smell the reek of "succession planning"; they've started to prepare us mentally for her croaking. Which makes sense, as she is 92.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 39 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 34 ... 39  Next