Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

5 posters

Page 33 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 33 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:12 pm

[Colin's Shop Meeting With Master Babu]
Anja wrote:Master Babu considered.
"Well the candle sticks are is great condition, what about five drams of Tass from a Node I own off the coast of one of the Japanese islands?"
Se said ad she took a small, beaded pouch from inside the folds of her sari and counted out five stones, they just looked like stones you would find near the coast, smooth, dark gray and unremarkable but you could feel the power in them.
"The Tass are slightly Dynamic and otherwise perfect."
The old maga said.
"Do we have a deal Mr Wainwright?"
Colin considered for a moment, then nodded, "That sounds like a quite acceptable exchange. Very well, we have a deal; I shall have them cleaned up and delivered within six weeks. I will have to ask you a small favour downstairs, however, but we can go over that when we're in private..."

Anja wrote:"So you have an apprentice then Mr Wainwright? That is nice."
Master Babu asked.
"How old is she?"
He smiled, "She's twelve, and frankly, she's more skilled than me in many regards... Her situation is a little complicated, though, but my adopted daughter is magnificent."

[Colin's Shop]
Anja wrote:"Good it could not happen to someone more deserving."
Jon muttered darkly. Richard stood up after he had made Olive as comfortable as possible.
"Yes we are ready I will come back and check on the vampire later."
He said and nodded as he headed towards the stairs.
He nodded and led Richard back upstairs and out, turning on the alarms on the shop floor again before locking up, "Well, then, back to the Chantry we go."
He glanced up toward the rooftops, "Hm, I wonder if Jareth is out patrolling tonight..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 33 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:20 pm

Colin considered for a moment, then nodded, "That sounds like a quite acceptable exchange. Very well, we have a deal; I shall have them cleaned up and delivered within six weeks. I will have to ask you a small favour downstairs, however, but we can go over that when we're in private..."

"I can not promise to do a favor until I know what it is Mr Wainwright but for the rest of it yes we have a deal."
Master Babu said as she pushed the tass over to you.
"Good, good my Mentor will love these."

He smiled, "She's twelve, and frankly, she's more skilled than me in many regards... Her situation is a little complicated, though, but my adopted daughter is magnificent."

"How wonderful teaching a student is a great joy."
The old mage said and smiled.
"Well then while my grandson choose a pen, should we go to your Sanctum and have that meeting my good man?"

[Colin's Shop]

He nodded and led Richard back upstairs and out, turning on the alarms on the shop floor again before locking up, "Well, then, back to the Chantry we go."
He glanced up toward the rooftops, "Hm, I wonder if Jareth is out patrolling tonight..."

"Yes let us go."
Richard said and he nodded to Nicole when he saw the Etherite. You did see Jareth on the roof of your shop he was busy hungrily watching Nicole though as if he thought he might have a honest shot at eating her, he did not behave like this with anyone else he was usually very sweet and friendly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:55 pm

Anja wrote:"I can not promise to do a favor until I know what it is Mr Wainwright but for the rest of it yes we have a deal."
Master Babu said as she pushed the tass over to you.
"Good, good my Mentor will love these."
Colin smiled, "Saying I will ask does not imply an assumption that you will agree... but in this case, I think you will be quite enthusiastic to do so. And I do indeed hope she will appreciate them. They should look good on the dining table or the mantelpiece alike."

Anja wrote:"How wonderful teaching a student is a great joy."
"Well then while my grandson choose a pen, should we go to your Sanctum and have that meeting my good man?"
He nodded, "Saving a life and a soul is doubly so... But yes, I believe I can trust young Mr. Yager to keep an eye on things, and my workshop has an alarm - and Miss Jones should be back in about five minutes in any case."

He led Master Babu down the stairs and double-checked the little monitor with the camera feed from the shop, "Right, if you would please examine my wards - the room is quite soundproofed by construction, and my ward makes it exceedingly difficult to scry into the room, above the protections offered by it being my Sanctum. Welcome to my workshop."

[Colin's Shop]
Anja wrote:"Yes let us go."
Richard said and he nodded to Nicole when he saw the Etherite. You did see Jareth on the roof of your shop he was busy hungrily watching Nicole though as if he thought he might have a honest shot at eating her, he did not behave like this with anyone else he was usually very sweet and friendly.
He looked from Jareth down to Nicole, then up at Jareth again, "No, Jareth, friend, not food. Besides, she'd only give you indigestion."
He shook his head with a soft sigh, "I'm sorry about him, Miss Bouchard, I don't know why he's singled you out like that, and I don't know how I can convince him to stop doing it... Let's just get back to base and see the Chief for debriefing."

((OOC: Colin missed out on the part of Nicole's conversation where she was "outed" by the other kinfolk, right?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:04 pm

Anja wrote:"It really depend Serge are you like my Mentor able to change the shape of this drawing physically or are you going to have to rely on illusions of the mind? For if the latter that is not going to work. First of all most of my Mentor most honored guests will be protecting their minds, as all sensible magi should if they are at all able, secondly to use such illusions against someone unless you have prior consent or you have to due to some sort of mergency is misusing your powers, it is a rape of the mind of others and our Tradition do not do that."
Master Babu said firmly.
"The idea of a drawing that change like my Mentor do is a good one but not if it involve affecting the minds of those who see it."

"Well it was a neat idea...probably should've thought it through though." Serge said with a defeated sigh, somehow knowing that his ambitious but bad idea would be shot down. "Guess a normal picture will do. What sorts of things does Prima Marianna like? Normally I would do a self-portrait but it wouldn't be the best with her always changing her appearance."

Anja wrote:"That would be loved child, now go and pick one out."
Your grandmentor said with a rare friendly tone in her voice.
"And it is my pleasure what do I have this money for if not to spend it on pleasure and one of my pleasures is making my family and friends happy."
Colin wrote:He chuckled as he retrieved a few small cases and opened them on the counter, showing off the different types and designs, "I had nothing outright sinister in mind - my daughter is going to need someone to keep an eye on her while I am at work some days; I can't always have Miss Adlebloom look after her, or bother the Masters of the Chantry with babysitting. I do believe the going rate for babysitters is somewhere between fifteen and sixteen dollars per hour, so I think it would be a fair exchange with some twenty to thirty hours for a high-quality pen of your choice, complete with your name or initials engraved."
He pointed out the different selections, "Now, this variant is a fountain pen - which means you'll have to refill it with some regularity. I'm quite fond of this type, myself. Whereas this one is an old-fashioned dipping pen, so you will need an inkwell. Not the most practical for writing on the go. And here's a regular ball-point pen, though I do get my pen components from a quality manufacturer; no running out of ink three days after purchase, or leaking everywhere. And then I have a few mechanical pencils of various types."

"Please, I'd look after your daughter for free. It's the right thing to do." Serge said with a smile as he looked through the different selection of pens offered to him. "But I won't say no to a nice pen. I really do need one with October coming up. You mentioned engraving my name or initials on it. Could you engrave something more....complicated onto the pens?"

Anja wrote:"How wonderful teaching a student is a great joy."
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Saving a life and a soul is doubly so... But yes, I believe I can trust young Mr. Yager to keep an eye on things, and my workshop has an alarm - and Miss Jones should be back in about five minutes in any case."

"Have fun you two." Serge said with a nod as he watched the two mages walk downstairs and then went back to carefully looking at the selection of pens. "Let's see. Fountain, dipping, or ball-point...."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Colin smiled, "Saying I will ask does not imply an assumption that you will agree... but in this case, I think you will be quite enthusiastic to do so. And I do indeed hope she will appreciate them. They should look good on the dining table or the mantelpiece alike."

"I will listen to your request Mr Wainwright."
Master Babu said then she nodded.
"I hope so as well my Mentor is fond of hosting large dinner parties, this set will look lovely on the table in Balador's main dining hall."

He nodded, "Saving a life and a soul is doubly so... But yes, I believe I can trust young Mr. Yager to keep an eye on things, and my workshop has an alarm - and Miss Jones should be back in about five minutes in any case."

"Wonderful, we should go then."
The old Cultist said and nodded.

He led Master Babu down the stairs and double-checked the little monitor with the camera feed from the shop, "Right, if you would please examine my wards - the room is quite soundproofed by construction, and my ward makes it exceedingly difficult to scry into the room, above the protections offered by it being my Sanctum. Welcome to my workshop."

Master Babu nodded.
"One moment then."
She said and then she begun to dance, each movement precise and beautiful after centuries of experience, her jewelry clicking together softly as she moved, after a a moment or two of dancing the old mage stopped and she nodded.
"Your wards will suffice Mr Wainwright, and thank you, this is a nice little shop."

"Well it was a neat idea...probably should've thought it through though." Serge said with a defeated sigh, somehow knowing that his ambitious but bad idea would be shot down. "Guess a normal picture will do. What sorts of things does Prima Marianna like? Normally I would do a self-portrait but it wouldn't be the best with her always changing her appearance."

"Yes you should, you have to remember child that the most important tenet of our code and laws are that of respecting consent, when you offer to make things that would affect the minds of others without their consent that is a grave violation and would get you into trouble if the wrong Cultist heard you."
Master Babu said sternly.
"Hum well Marianna loves beauty in all it's forms, from a flower to an old couple holding hands, draw her something beautiful from your own heart and she will appreciate it child."

"Have fun you two." Serge said with a nod as he watched the two mages walk downstairs and then went back to carefully looking at the selection of pens. "Let's see. Fountain, dipping, or ball-point...."

"Somehow I doubt discussing this will be fun."
Master Babu said as she let Colin lead her down to his workshop. After a while of looking at the pens the door to the shop opened and a tall, thin, middeaged woman in a floral print dress entered she looked at you and looked surprised for a moment before collecting herself.
"Oh I did not know we had a customer, have Mr Wainwright found those pens for you Sir? May I be of any assistance to you?"
She said politely.

[Colin's Shop]

He looked from Jareth down to Nicole, then up at Jareth again, "No, Jareth, friend, not food. Besides, she'd only give you indigestion."

On seeing you Jareth stopped hunting Nicole he gave a joyful hoot and flapped his wings before flying down to land on your shoulder and offered you is neck for scratching.

(OOC: No Colin did not see the kinfolk kids outing Nicole I think.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:02 pm

Anja wrote:"I will listen to your request Mr Wainwright."
Master Babu said then she nodded.
"I hope so as well my Mentor is fond of hosting large dinner parties, this set will look lovely on the table in Balador's main dining hall."
Colin smiled, "I should like to see that someday, I think. I hear Balador is breathtaking in all its various expressions."

Jeremy wrote:"Please, I'd look after your daughter for free. It's the right thing to do." Serge said with a smile as he looked through the different selection of pens offered to him. "But I won't say no to a nice pen. I really do need one with October coming up. You mentioned engraving my name or initials on it. Could you engrave something more....complicated onto the pens?"
He nodded, "More complicated is not a problem, I can do excellent fine detail work, though there is a practical limit to what I can fit onto so narrow a space. Though I am far better at patterns than artistic depictions."

Jeremy wrote:"Have fun you two." Serge said with a nod as he watched the two mages walk downstairs and then went back to carefully looking at the selection of pens. "Let's see. Fountain, dipping, or ball-point...."
Anja wrote:"Somehow I doubt discussing this will be fun."
Master Babu said as she let Colin lead her down to his workshop.
He nodded sagely, "Interesting, most certainly, but the seriousness of the topics does not suggest 'fun' to be an accurate descriptor."

Anja wrote:Master Babu nodded.
"One moment then."
She said and then she begun to dance, each movement precise and beautiful after centuries of experience, her jewelry clicking together softly as she moved, after a a moment or two of dancing the old mage stopped and she nodded.
"Your wards will suffice Mr Wainwright, and thank you, this is a nice little shop."
He smiled, "Thank you. We might begin with the favour I would ask..."
He picked up a small box and opened it, revealing a small locket with the Cult of Ecstasy lily engraved on the front, "I should like you to present this to Lady Marianna, as inconspicuously as possible. It contains a message for her eyes only, and it is of some urgency. Are you willing to do this?"

((OOC: The message inside the locket reads "Milady Marianna, an assassin will make an attempt on your life during a trial this year. A Primium bullet, aimed at your heart. I cannot prevent the attempt, but I can try to prevent them from succeeding. Valour may save the day, but an armour no-one knows of would not go amiss. Sincerely, an impossible friend." ))

[Colin's Shop]
Anja wrote:On seeing you Jareth stopped hunting Nicole he gave a joyful hoot and flapped his wings before flying down to land on your shoulder and offered you is neck for scratching.
He grinned and scritched Jareth on the way to the Chantry doors, "You're impossible to stay stern with, and you know it, don't you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:28 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes you should, you have to remember child that the most important tenet of our code and laws are that of respecting consent, when you offer to make things that would affect the minds of others without their consent that is a grave violation and would get you into trouble if the wrong Cultist heard you."
Master Babu said sternly.
"Hum well Marianna loves beauty in all it's forms, from a flower to an old couple holding hands, draw her something beautiful from your own heart and she will appreciate it child."

"Something from my heart. Hmmmm....there's a lot of things in my heart." Serge said thoughtfully, "Guess I'll have to choose something. I do have an idea....hope she likes it."

Colin wrote:He nodded, "More complicated is not a problem, I can do excellent fine detail work, though there is a practical limit to what I can fit onto so narrow a space. Though I am far better at patterns than artistic depictions."

"Can you do something like this?" Serge said as he flipped through his sketchbook. Eventually he stopped on a page and turned it around to show Colin. On the page was a picture of a pen featuring an intricate pattern engraved into it. The Cult of Ecstasy's lily was on top with it's stem spiraling down the length of the pen. Leaves sprouted out from the stem as it spiraled down and each leaf featured a simple depiction of an art form within it's borders.

"I'll admit...I kinda broke the first few rules of design 101. Namely to keep it simple. But I liked the idea a lot. If it's too complicated I can try and come up with something else."

Anja wrote:"Somehow I doubt discussing this will be fun."
Master Babu said as she let Colin lead her down to his workshop.
Colin wrote:He nodded sagely, "Interesting, most certainly, but the seriousness of the topics does not suggest 'fun' to be an accurate descriptor."

Serge frowned and said, "Right, sorry about that.", and went back to looking at the pens, now looking much more disheartened.

Anja wrote:After a while of looking at the pens the door to the shop opened and a tall, thin, middeaged woman in a floral print dress entered she looked at you and looked surprised for a moment before collecting herself.
"Oh I did not know we had a customer, have Mr Wainwright found those pens for you Sir? May I be of any assistance to you?"
She said politely.

Serge looked up from his pen searching at the middle aged women. He gave her a friendly smile and said, "Oh don't worry. I"m fine. Mr. Wainwright gave me a few to look through. I'm just trying to decide which would be the best fit for me."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:54 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : sorry didn't see the rest of that post.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:34 pm

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

Anja's Post:

'Of course Mom laid into you; she's had it in for you ever since you told the world she'd baby-trapped Dad and he'd only gone along with it 'cos he was really into asses. Wasted out of your skull. At their wedding reception.' Nicole replied, giving a "what do you expect?" look to her uncle.

Anja's Post:

'Since when have you given a shit about fuel efficiency?' the large woman replied, giving an arched eyebrow. 'Let me guess; the Regal finally died due to old age and you got that on the never-never.'

'"How have you been"... hmm, not sure if I can sum up twelve years in only a couple of sentences.'

[Colin's Store]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

A slightly relieved look from Nicole on seeing the pair return, half in shadows, in a slight alcove by the store. 'If that... pigeon actually tries to get me, I won't be held responsible...' she muttered darkly, on seeing the owl - though Colin may spot a thankful nod on his "wondering" why it was doing it.

'Let's get the van into the garage; it can be left to die in the yard tomorrow.'

[While I pray you won't strike me down, Great One - you're wrong. Colin does know about da Ratkin thing: Colin's Post
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:50 pm

[A request for help - Adley and Serge]

"They're amazing." he said with a touch of awe in his voice, as he watched the spiderlings work. He moved his head in every possible way that he could without breaking contact with Adley, trying to see the spiderlings in all possible angles. "They like fixing things don't they? Returning things to their original state. Seems fitting for earth spirits."

"Yes, they are...and they are quite good at it."

Harry looked at you with his many, faceted eyes then he left the broken plate while his friends kept working and skittered over to your hand and got on, you felt the slight pressure of his crystal feet as he stood looking at you before he started to preen where he stood, now and then he stopped and looked at you and chittered happily.
Serge just watched the spider spirit with a fascinated look on his face. "So those guys can hear and see us." he said on noticing Harry responding to the Flambeau's strange sounding words. "Huh, that means that guy was ignoring me before. Can they only understand that language your speaking?"

He raised the hand that Harry was standing on towards Serge so he could see him better. Then he tried to encourage Harry to change over to his other hand, the one that Serge was holding so he'd have a free one and also so Serge could see him. "I would not take it personally if you were not given attention, some spirits are more interested in their duties than interacting with us, though ones that are used to people or are curious by nature might seek us out or respond to us, it depends on the type of spirit they are and what sort of intelligences they possess. My friend here is mostly responding to the emotional content of what I am saying but they are encapsulated naturally within what I say spiritually when I use that language. He does not currently possess the ability for speech on his own, per se, but he recognizes me and I can recognize him," he said.

He smiled at Harry and then Serge, reached into his pocket and opened the bag. Then he took out the handful of the gemstones and held them out to Harry in the palm of his hand. He said in Enochian, "I dedicate this gift in thanks for all your services and help to you and your broodmates."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:52 pm

Jeremy wrote:"Can you do something like this?" Serge said as he flipped through his sketchbook. Eventually he stopped on a page and turned it around to show Colin. On the page was a picture of a pen featuring an intricate pattern engraved into it. The Cult of Ecstasy's lily was on top with it's stem spiraling down the length of the pen. Leaves sprouted out from the stem as it spiraled down and each leaf featured a simple depiction of an art form within it's borders.

"I'll admit...I kinda broke the first few rules of design 101. Namely to keep it simple. But I liked the idea a lot. If it's too complicated I can try and come up with something else."
Colin looked at the sketch, pondering for a few seconds before handing it back, "Yes and no. The lily and the vine, that's relatively easy. The leaves, however... I do believe that would require a wizard-level silversmith; I am admittedly not quite at that degree of skill yet. Not for several more years, I'm afraid. However, I can render the leaves in a more stylized manner, though the subtle variations would be lost. Nevertheless, don't chide yourself for doing something complex in the design; I quite agree it is appealing and spectacular, and given a larger surface to work with, I might be able to copy it. Perhaps a candlestick would be a viable surface."

[Colin's Store]
Nicole wrote:A slightly relieved look from Nicole on seeing the pair return, half in shadows, in a slight alcove by the store. 'If that... pigeon actually tries to get me, I won't be held responsible...' she muttered darkly, on seeing the owl - though Colin may spot a thankful nod on his "wondering" why it was doing it.

'Let's get the van into the garage; it can be left to die in the yard tomorrow.'
He nodded to Nicole, "Or we could use it as a... surprise party wagon. The good merchant might be expecting it back tonight, after all, and his guards may be less wary of its approach, along with the more expensive vehicle."

((OOC: No, I think Colin missed the part about Nicole being kinfolk - but he did get that the three kids are. Could go back and double-check - or assume he's politely decided he didn't hear it anyway. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:16 pm

"Something from my heart. Hmmmm....there's a lot of things in my heart." Serge said thoughtfully, "Guess I'll have to choose something. I do have an idea....hope she likes it."

Master Babu raised an eyebrow over you glossing over her warning and moving on to the next topic but she said nothing about it instead she nodded.
"I am sure the Prima will love whatever you make for her child."

Colin smiled, "I should like to see that someday, I think. I hear Balador is breathtaking in all its various expressions."

"You are most welcome to visit us Mr Wainwright, Balador welcomes guests and yes it is a wonderful place, designed to celebrate any kind of pleasure."
The old Cultist said with a fond tone in her voice.

He smiled, "Thank you. We might begin with the favour I would ask..."
He picked up a small box and opened it, revealing a small locket with the Cult of Ecstasy lily engraved on the front, "I should like you to present this to Lady Marianna, as inconspicuously as possible. It contains a message for her eyes only, and it is of some urgency. Are you willing to do this?"

Master Babu nodded at this.
"Certainly I can do this Mr Wainwright."
She agreed and she held out her hand for the small locket.
"Now as for more...grim matters, I assume you are one of the nine, from how you speak that seams likely?"
She asked and those dark brown eyes studied you carefully.
"I suspect I know who as well but let us leave that as is..."

Serge looked up from his pen searching at the middle aged women. He gave her a friendly smile and said, "Oh don't worry. I"m fine. Mr. Wainwright gave me a few to look through. I'm just trying to decide which would be the best fit for me."

"I see, well take your time young man and choose the right one, this is an expensive item after all, feel free to hold the pens and see how it feel in the hand."
The woman offered.
"And let me know if I can be of any further assistance Sir."
She said got behind the counter.

[Colin's Shop]

He grinned and scritched Jareth on the way to the Chantry doors, "You're impossible to stay stern with, and you know it, don't you?"

Jareth made a happy sound when you petted him he continued to rub his head against your shoulder and neck lovingly.

A slightly relieved look from Nicole on seeing the pair return, half in shadows, in a slight alcove by the store. 'If that... pigeon actually tries to get me, I won't be held responsible...' she muttered darkly, on seeing the owl - though Colin may spot a thankful nod on his "wondering" why it was doing it.

"I wonder why he do it, Colin's owl are always such a friendly creature. I am sure he will not actually attack you Nicole."
Richard said and frowned. Jareth scowled at Nicole and looked hungry again, he looked up at the Chantry roof where one more owl where sitting, this one a full adult, much larger and more dark brown, Jareth seamed to think that Nicole would be an excellent offering of food to impress the larger female though he did not make a move.

"I will bring it, you two get to the Chantry in the meantime, I agree we can not leave it here."
Richard said as he got into the blood drive van again to dive it to Steelhaven's garage.

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

'Of course Mom laid into you; she's had it in for you ever since you told the world she'd baby-trapped Dad and he'd only gone along with it 'cos he was really into asses. Wasted out of your skull. At their wedding reception.' Nicole replied, giving a "what do you expect?" look to her uncle.

"Well I might have been less than...diplomatic but every word I spoke was the truth and if your mother can't handle it well, that is her problem."
Your uncle said and shrugged.

'Since when have you given a shit about fuel efficiency?' the large woman replied, giving an arched eyebrow. 'Let me guess; the Regal finally died due to old age and you got that on the never-never.'

"Hey it was a good deal, this little old lady owned it and when she had to go into care her family sold the car, they had no idea what it was worth and let their youngest son sell it I got a sweet deal out of him, and it is not like the family where lacking for money."
The man said and grinned.
"A nice car is good but a cheap car is better."

"How have you been"... hmm, not sure if I can sum up twelve years in only a couple of sentences.'

"Yeah but you are okey right, I mean you look healthy and such so any brats? Boyfriend, girlfriend? What do you do for work...oh and yeah I brought along some coffee the stuff they sell here is expensive and taste like shit, who knows what they put in it, would you like a cup?"
He asked.

(OOC: I thought I remember Colin not overhearing what the Ratkin kids said but I might be mistaken.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:22 pm

He raised the hand that Harry was standing on towards Serge so he could see him better. Then he tried to encourage Harry to change over to his other hand, the one that Serge was holding so he'd have a free one and also so Serge could see him. "I would not take it personally if you were not given attention, some spirits are more interested in their duties than interacting with us, though ones that are used to people or are curious by nature might seek us out or respond to us, it depends on the type of spirit they are and what sort of intelligences they possess. My friend here is mostly responding to the emotional content of what I am saying but they are encapsulated naturally within what I say spiritually when I use that language. He does not currently possess the ability for speech on his own, per se, but he recognizes me and I can recognize him," he said.

Harry switched over to the other hand, and then seeing the scruffy condition of Serge's clothes he ran to the closest tear and started spinning, the tear slowly mending as he did so, he did not seam that interested in Serge but was interested in repairing his clothes.

He smiled at Harry and then Serge, reached into his pocket and opened the bag. Then he took out the handful of the gemstones and held them out to Harry in the palm of his hand. He said in Enochian, "I dedicate this gift in thanks for all your services and help to you and your broodmates."

At that all the little spiders started dancing, in the way many male spiders dance to impress a mate, this went on for a while while then Harry jumped back onto your hand and started eating the stones while the rest of the spiderlings went back to repairing things, at least they seamed happy for the gift.

(OOC: Sorry I missed your post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:25 pm

Adley wrote:He raised the hand that Harry was standing on towards Serge so he could see him better. Then he tried to encourage Harry to change over to his other hand, the one that Serge was holding so he'd have a free one and also so Serge could see him. "I would not take it personally if you were not given attention, some spirits are more interested in their duties than interacting with us, though ones that are used to people or are curious by nature might seek us out or respond to us, it depends on the type of spirit they are and what sort of intelligences they possess. My friend here is mostly responding to the emotional content of what I am saying but they are encapsulated naturally within what I say spiritually when I use that language. He does not currently possess the ability for speech on his own, per se, but he recognizes me and I can recognize him," he said.

Anja wrote:At that all the little spiders started dancing, in the way many male spiders dance to impress a mate, this went on for a while while then Harry jumped back onto your hand and started eating the stones while the rest of the spiderlings went back to repairing things, at least they seamed happy for the gift.

"You seem quite fond of them. Bet their fun company to have around. Do these guys just chill in your room or do they fix things all over the chantry?" Serge asked as he watched the spider's dance and eat the gemstones with a smile on his face.

Anja wrote:Harry switched over to the other hand, and then seeing the scruffy condition of Serge's clothes he ran to the closest tear and started spinning, the tear slowly mending as he did so, he did not seam that interested in Serge but was interested in repairing his clothes.

Serge flinched a little as he the spider began crawling over him. However this quickly changed into amazement as he watched his clothing being repaired by the spirit. "That's freaky....and pretty cool. So they just spend the whole day fixing stuff? If I snapped a pencil in half would they fix it or would they be pissed at getting more work?"

Colin wrote:Colin looked at the sketch, pondering for a few seconds before handing it back, "Yes and no. The lily and the vine, that's relatively easy. The leaves, however... I do believe that would require a wizard-level silversmith; I am admittedly not quite at that degree of skill yet. Not for several more years, I'm afraid. However, I can render the leaves in a more stylized manner, though the subtle variations would be lost. Nevertheless, don't chide yourself for doing something complex in the design; I quite agree it is appealing and spectacular, and given a larger surface to work with, I might be able to copy it. Perhaps a candlestick would be a viable surface."

"It's better than the other 10 design I came up with." he said flipping through the sketchbook showing Colin his other attempts. Each one was different and more complicated than the last and they all had no discernible theme among them.

"Stylizing the leaves sounds like a good idea. If you can do that that'd be great."

Anja wrote:"I see, well take your time young man and choose the right one, this is an expensive item after all, feel free to hold the pens and see how it feel in the hand."
The woman offered.
"And let me know if I can be of any further assistance Sir."
She said got behind the counter.

"Sure thing." Serge said with a nod as he went back to looking through the pens. Eventually something did come up. "Actually...do you have any paper that I can write on? To test out how the pens feel and write?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:55 pm

"Certainly."
The woman said and she reached under the counter and came back with a note pad which she handed to you.
"Will that do Sir?"
She asked and then looked at the door when it opened to admit another customer, a young man who begun to look at earrings.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:07 pm

Anja wrote:"You are most welcome to visit us Mr Wainwright, Balador welcomes guests and yes it is a wonderful place, designed to celebrate any kind of pleasure."
The old Cultist said with a fond tone in her voice.
Colin grinned, "The library must have incredible chairs and comfortable lighting for settling down with a good book. The Order of Hermes may have all the secrets they like, but I'll wager you have the best sitting arrangements."

Jeremy wrote:"It's better than the other 10 design I came up with." he said flipping through the sketchbook showing Colin his other attempts. Each one was different and more complicated than the last and they all had no discernible theme among them.

"Stylizing the leaves sounds like a good idea. If you can do that that'd be great."
He looked at the other designs, then nodded sagely, "Yes... yes, it is. I'm going to leave it at that. But I must admit, I really do like the diversity theme of the lily vine; it's rather a shame i do not feel able to do it justice."

Anja wrote:Master Babu nodded at this.
"Certainly I can do this Mr Wainwright."
She agreed and she held out her hand for the small locket.
"Now as for more...grim matters, I assume you are one of the nine, from how you speak that seams likely?"
She asked and those dark brown eyes studied you carefully.
"I suspect I know who as well but let us leave that as is..."
He smiled thinly as he handed her the little box, "Thank you... and yes, the assumption would be... correct. I appreciate your discretion; this time, the First Cabal can uphold the ideals it failed back then - we can make a symbol of unity reforged; something the Traditions can truly rally behind... because I believe Akrites was right; Moloch is coming back. And I have a nasty suspicion he's been manipulating the Technocracy this time - the bloody Computer that's been eating Avatars."

[Colin's Shop]
Anja wrote:"I wonder why he do it, Colin's owl are always such a friendly creature. I am sure he will not actually attack you Nicole."
Richard said and frowned. Jareth scowled at Nicole and looked hungry again, he looked up at the Chantry roof where one more owl where sitting, this one a full adult, much larger and more dark brown, Jareth seamed to think that Nicole would be an excellent offering of food to impress the larger female though he did not make a move.
He frowned, "Well, he's intelligent - more so than most owls, at any rate - so I think he understands that the sheer mass difference does not work out remotely in his favour... then again, men do the daftest things to impress the ladies, so perhaps we should get ourselves off to somewhere the other owl up there can see..."

Anja wrote:"I will bring it, you two get to the Chantry in the meantime, I agree we can not leave it here."
Richard said as he got into the blood drive van again to dive it to Steelhaven's garage.
He nodded, "See you inside, then - and we'll gather up a care package with some blankets and coffee for Jon."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:28 pm

Colin wrote:He looked at the other designs, then nodded sagely, "Yes... yes, it is. I'm going to leave it at that. But I must admit, I really do like the diversity theme of the lily vine; it's rather a shame i do not feel able to do it justice."

"No problem. I'm surprised it went through at all." he said with a chuckle. " And I definitely think you could do it justice. I'm sure whatever you make will be amazing Mr.Wainwright. I'll be looking forward to it."

Anja wrote:"Certainly."
The woman said and she reached under the counter and came back with a note pad which she handed to you.
"Will that do Sir?"
She asked and then looked at the door when it opened to admit another customer, a young man who begun to look at earrings.

"That'll be perfect. Thank you very much." Serge said pulling the notepad closer to him. He picked up a fountain pen and began to look at the notepad.

He stared at it for a while, wondering why he had asked for paper when he literally carried a sketchbook with him everywhere. Eventually he turned his thoughts to the task at hand, trying to think of what to do with the pen.

Pens such as these were normally made for writing. But Serhe decided to draw something instead. He drew a small picture of a happy puppy, making sure to get a feel for the pen's weight and movement to best understand how to use it.

When he was done he smiled at his creation and looked at the women behind the counter. "Mr. Wainwright said that pens like these often require ink refills. Do you know how long the pen would last before needing a refill?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:32 pm

At that all the little spiders started dancing, in the way many male spiders dance to impress a mate, this went on for a while while then Harry jumped back onto your hand and started eating the stones while the rest of the spiderlings went back to repairing things, at least they seamed happy for the gift.

"Share with all of your brood," he said in Enochian, smiling as they danced in excitement.

"You seem quite fond of them. Bet their fun company to have around. Do these guys just chill in your room or do they fix things all over the chantry?" Serge asked as he watched the spider's dance and eat the gemstones with a smile on his face.

"They are my friends," he said in an agreeable tone. "Some of them seem to stay around my room sometimes," he nodded to Harry. Adley seemed content to watch them, the same way people might watch birds or clouds, or a pet or child playing. He gave them more interest than he seemed to give physical surroundings, aside from their functionality. "But yes they fix things all around when they are not congregating for rest."

Serge flinched a little as he the spider began crawling over him. However this quickly changed into amazement as he watched his clothing being repaired by the spirit. "That's freaky....and pretty cool. So they just spend the whole day fixing stuff? If I snapped a pencil in half would they fix it or would they be pissed at getting more work?"

As Serge pulled away  Adley's hand went with him, so that he would not lose the connection. He looked at Serge to see if he was alright, then answered, "Angry? Hmm, I do not imagine angry, they simply seek to repair things as part of their innate being, their reason for existence. I would say the intent of your behavior matters for us and for some spirits, actions to the contrary of their nature could be construed insulting. There are many things around they would repair on their own, so there is no need to add to their burden for no reason. Possibly if you went on a rampage of breaking things it might alarm them, though," he added thoughtfully. "A great imbalance would be disturbing to their nature. They can be very persistent and protective, so they may perceive you as a threat. I would not recommend it."

"Thank you my friend for your help," he said, as Harry fixed Serge's shirt. 'I will put the rest of these aside for your broodmates and offer the when I see them,' he said to Harry. "Do you want to come with us, or return to tasks here? he asked him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:57 am

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

Anja's Post:

'True or not, there was no need to shit on their parade. Plus, you can hardly lecture. Has anyone worked out just how many bastards Gramps produced in his long life of not keeping it in the pants?'

Anja's Post:

'Think you forgot to say "and she only used it to go to Mass", I do.' rolling her eyes. 'Was the dealer wearing a checked sports jacket and the place's name started with "Honest"?'

Anja's Post:

'Shit... wasn't queer last time I saw you, and ain't changed that since.' Nicole replied. 'Did you go anywhere with that... Laura you were dating when I left? And as for work... I'm an auto mechanic. Got a proper job and all that. Shall we head up over there? Think I saw some picnic tables or something as I drove in.'

Once they start to walk up, the large woman will take the plunge and deal with the elephant in the room;

'So... how much shit did I cause when I did a runner with Steve? Know you never liked that guy.'

[Colin's Store]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

Nicole glanced up at the other owl, gave a tiny shudder. 'C'mon, lets get to the others...' going back to her car to drive it into the Chantry...

['He glanced from Nicole to the teenagers, "Ratkin, is it? Well, that certainly explains Jareth..."' - in Colin's post in the link I did in the last post. It's implicit that he heard enough of the conversation + Strawberry/Jareth interactions that he's worked it out].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:45 am

Adley wrote:"Share with all of your brood," he said in Enochian, smiling as they danced in excitement.
Adley wrote:"They are my friends," he said in an agreeable tone. "Some of them seem to stay around my room sometimes," he nodded to Harry. Adley seemed content to watch them, the same way people might watch birds or clouds, or a pet or child playing. He gave them more interest than he seemed to give physical surroundings, aside from their functionality. "But yes they fix things all around when they are not congregating for rest."

Serge smiled as he watched Adley. Even if he couldn't fix all of his problems, he was glad that he could at least bring him this one moment of joy.

"I've been at the chantry for a while. But I don't recall ever hearing about things being fixed magickally overnight. Probably wasn't paying enough attention though. I must've missed it." he said with a smile, watching the spider's eat.

Adley wrote:As Serge pulled away  Adley's hand went with him, so that he would not lose the connection. He looked at Serge to see if he was alright, then answered, "Angry? Hmm, I do not imagine angry, they simply seek to repair things as part of their innate being, their reason for existence. I would say the intent of your behavior matters for us and for some spirits, actions to the contrary of their nature could be construed insulting. There are many things around they would repair on their own, so there is no need to add to their burden for no reason. Possibly if you went on a rampage of breaking things it might alarm them, though," he added thoughtfully. "A great imbalance would be disturbing to their nature. They can be very persistent and protective, so they may perceive you as a threat. I would not recommend it."

"Darn. I wanted to see them repair something bigger..." Serge said with a grin. If Adley looked over he would notice that Serge had pulled out a colorful pencil from his back pocket, ready to snap. But began to put it back on hearing the Hermetic's words.

"Guess it's unnecessary. Do they have any other names? Earth spirits seems a bit too general. Spider Spirits seem a bit off too.  Spirits of Order? Spirits of Repair? Fix-It Spirits?"

Adley wrote:"Thank you my friend for your help," he said, as Harry fixed Serge's shirt. 'I will put the rest of these aside for your broodmates and offer the when I see them,' he said to Harry. "Do you want to come with us, or return to tasks here? he asked him.

Serge had been listening to the Hermetic talk in the strange language for a while now. And eventually curiosity got the best of him, "You mentioned that the language your using is special. What language is it? I don't recognize it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:43 am

Colin grinned, "The library must have incredible chairs and comfortable lighting for settling down with a good book. The Order of Hermes may have all the secrets they like, but I'll wager you have the best sitting arrangements."

"Oh indeed so Mr Wainwright, the sitting arrangement at the library is in a separate room with large windows overlooking a tranquil lake and with a roaring fireplace for warmth."
Master Babu said and smiled.

He smiled thinly as he handed her the little box, "Thank you... and yes, the assumption would be... correct. I appreciate your discretion; this time, the First Cabal can uphold the ideals it failed back then - we can make a symbol of unity reforged; something the Traditions can truly rally behind... because I believe Akrites was right; Moloch is coming back. And I have a nasty suspicion he's been manipulating the Technocracy this time - the bloody Computer that's been eating Avatars."

"Who Molloch is I do not know, but that something is coming Mr Wainwright that I am sure of. The thing is the First Cabal hunted down and faught a powerful demon at the height of their glory, they defeated this being but many of our seers have forseen his return."
Master Babu said and frowned.
"As for discretion, well not everything need to be spoken."
She commented.

"That'll be perfect. Thank you very much." Serge said pulling the notepad closer to him. He picked up a fountain pen and began to look at the notepad.

He stared at it for a while, wondering why he had asked for paper when he literally carried a sketchbook with him everywhere. Eventually he turned his thoughts to the task at hand, trying to think of what to do with the pen.

Pens such as these were normally made for writing. But Serhe decided to draw something instead. He drew a small picture of a happy puppy, making sure to get a feel for the pen's weight and movement to best understand how to use it.

When he was done he smiled at his creation and looked at the women behind the counter. "Mr. Wainwright said that pens like these often require ink refills. Do you know how long the pen would last before needing a refill?"

"That is hard to say Sir, it depend on how much you use the pen, drawings like you just did takes allot more ink than to write a short note for example, ink refills do not tend to be expensive though."
The clerk said as she wrapped the other customer's chosen set of Earrings into a neat gift box and set the man on his way.

[Colin's Shop]

He nodded, "See you inside, then - and we'll gather up a care package with some blankets and coffee for Jon."

Richard nodded at that.
"Very well see you."
He said before he dove towards the garage.

Nicole glanced up at the other owl, gave a tiny shudder. 'C'mon, lets get to the others...' going back to her car to drive it into the Chantry...

The large owl glanced at you as well. You group got back to Steelhaven, the others where already here and the group that had went to the junkyard was gathering in the lobby.
"Did all go well?"
Hildegard asked.
"Is the vampiress safely placed under guard?"

"Share with all of your brood," he said in Enochian, smiling as they danced in excitement.

Harry looked at you and stomped his feet happily, probably if one member of the swarm consumed Quintessence they all did as they where both individuals and one entity combined.

"Thank you my friend for your help," he said, as Harry fixed Serge's shirt. 'I will put the rest of these aside for your broodmates and offer the when I see them,' he said to Harry. "Do you want to come with us, or return to tasks here? he asked him.

Harry jumped down from your hand and returned to the broken plate and then the swarm moved on to your slightly wonky bookshelf, the spiderlings chittered happily as they worked.

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

'True or not, there was no need to shit on their parade. Plus, you can hardly lecture. Has anyone worked out just how many bastards Gramps produced in his long life of not keeping it in the pants?'

"We know of two but there are probably more, that man certainly had an appetite for life..."
Your uncle said and grinned.

'Think you forgot to say "and she only used it to go to Mass", I do.' rolling her eyes. 'Was the dealer wearing a checked sports jacket and the place's name started with "Honest"?'

"Well what can I say it was cheap."
The man said with another grin.
"But it was the kind of deal where one do not ask to many questions."

'Shit... wasn't queer last time I saw you, and ain't changed that since.' Nicole replied. 'Did you go anywhere with that... Laura you were dating when I left? And as for work... I'm an auto mechanic. Got a proper job and all that. Shall we head up over there? Think I saw some picnic tables or something as I drove in.'

"Yeah, I married her, had a kid who she then took when she left five years ago, I only see him every other weeked and every forth week now."
Your uncle said and sigh clearly this bothered him quite a bit.
"A mechanic, that suit you good to hear."
He said with an approving smile then he nodded as you suggested the picnic tables.
"Yeah let's go."

Once they start to walk up, the large woman will take the plunge and deal with the elephant in the room;

'So... how much shit did I cause when I did a runner with Steve? Know you never liked that guy.'

"Yeah...I hope you eventually duped that piece of shit!"
Your uncle said and scratched his head.
"It caused quite a bit of commotion Nicole, your mother was not happy and your dad agreed with her not to end up sleeping on the sofa...you managed to stir the hornets nest that's for sure."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:31 am

"I've been at the chantry for a while. But I don't recall ever hearing about things being fixed magickally overnight. Probably wasn't paying enough attention though. I must've missed it." he said with a smile, watching the spider's eat.

"Likely, you did not notice."

"Darn. I wanted to see them repair something bigger..." Serge said with a grin. If Adley looked over he would notice that Serge had pulled out a colorful pencil from his back pocket, ready to snap. But began to put it back on hearing the Hermetic's words. "Guess it's unnecessary. Do they have any other names? Earth spirits seems a bit too general. Spider Spirits seem a bit off too. Spirits of Order? Spirits of Repair? Fix-It Spirits?"

He raised an eyebrow at the pencil. "As you can see, they are content to mend one thing or another, they may not see fit to prioritize your pencil over that plate. And I would not ask them to do so, either. When I ask them to help or associate with me, I am requesting they change their present behavior. A spirit is what they are, and what they do in every moment because they live in a state of eternal now. Therefore, it is only right to give something back in return and appreciation for them going out of their way, so to speak. It is not something I do unless there is a valid reason or need, not as a trick, unless of course they wish to interact with me," he said. "On the umbrood hierarchy, they are gafflings, one the smallest types of spirits. I have not quite given the swarm a nickname, the way I have a few individuals that I can pick out. Perhaps it does not strictly matter as much to them as to myself," he added in a thoughtful tone.

Serge had been listening to the Hermetic talk in the strange language for a while now. And eventually curiosity got the best of him, "You mentioned that the language your using is special. What language is it? I don't recognize it."

"Yes, it is a form of Enochian, but not what you would be able to learn from a common book on the subject, so that is likely why you do not recognize it. As it is considered a secret; I am not allowed to teach it to those that are not initiated into the Order, do pardon. But, some spirits do know and employ human languages, especially spirits of language or of the air element, or those that have frequent contact with people. Of course, they also would require a different cognition than my friends here possess in order to use them."

Harry jumped down from your hand and returned to the broken plate and then the swarm moved on to your slightly wonky bookshelf, the spiderlings chittered happily as they worked.

"Very well, shall we go see what other spirits might be about?" he asked Serge, as the gafflings went back to work. "I thought we might take a patrol walk of sorts."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:54 am

(OOC: About the spiderlings I just thought I would mention why there are not allot of rumors about things randomly getting repaired in the Chantry. First of all unless directed what they repair is pretty random and can be anything, that shampoo bottle that have a crack in the lid get as much priority as your car. Secondly they are often directed to repair and maintain the building itself and it's wards in top condition, something they are happy to do. And third since most at the Chantry know about them, if someone should find a broken hairbrush fixed when they return home to their apartment most will take this with a shrug.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:29 am

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Dunno about "safely", but is under guard.' Nicole replied, getting out of the car and grabbing her carbine and shotgun from the rear seats. 'No trouble for you lot coming back?'

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

Anja's Post:

'Does that include the woman who used to work in Dairy Queen in Cranston? Marie [younger sister] and me were sure she was one. Looked real like the old Goat.'

Anja's Post:

'Say what you will, that training scheme did end up giving me a trade.' Nicole replied. 'And naturally, pissed off Mom no end... you remember the arguments, right? "How will a man find you pretty when you come back covered in dirt? All that work will make you all muscley!"' ending with a little laugh.

'Shit to hear about Laura. Are they at least still local?'

Anja's Post:

'Yeah, in Pittsburgh, 'bout three month later. Turned out to be a complete loser... like everyone said. Gave him the shove after I got back from work early only to find him banging the fat Latina from the 7-Eleven.' the large woman replied. 'But couldn't come back here; had broke probation, would have ended up with you all visiting me in an orange jumpsuit for two to three year. Did the family get much hassle from the cops?'

''Course Mom wasn't happy. She never was when it was to do with me.' sounding a little sour on this. 'The only kind of parenting she knew was how to produce a Mini-Me. Like that worked out so well.'

[Nicole's Dad had been dead for five years by that point...]

[Would the spiderlings get obsessed with the 'piles o' junk' which invaribly end up in Nicole's apartment and later on in the workshop?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:02 am

Anja wrote:"Oh indeed so Mr Wainwright, the sitting arrangement at the library is in a separate room with large windows overlooking a tranquil lake and with a roaring fireplace for warmth."
Master Babu said and smiled.
Colin sighed wistfully, "The lap of luxury, indeed."

Jeremy wrote:"No problem. I'm surprised it went through at all." he said with a chuckle. " And I definitely think you could do it justice. I'm sure whatever you make will be amazing Mr.Wainwright. I'll be looking forward to it."
He smiled thinly, "I do believe I could do it justice, but not on a pen. As I said, I would need a somewhat larger surface. For now. Stylized leaves, though, that variant I can do - it will just take a little while."

Anja wrote:"Who Molloch is I do not know, but that something is coming Mr Wainwright that I am sure of. The thing is the First Cabal hunted down and faught a powerful demon at the height of their glory, they defeated this being but many of our seers have forseen his return."
Master Babu said and frowned.
"As for discretion, well not everything need to be spoken."
She commented.
He frowned, "I've recently learned that the Technocrats' serum - the green gunk - is a derivative of the Hermetic lichdom potion, and the Primium particles in the stuff will, after too long exposure, start gathering around the pineal gland, which by then will have started to become... undead. Still functioning, but the cells won't die when the Computer... pulls the gland out of its victim's brain. Meaning the Computer ends up with a disturbing stockpile of captured Avatars fueling its innards... Between Akrites' prophecy and the Biblical descriptions, and the pineal gland's etymology, the connection is too on point to ignore."
He grimaced, "On a seperate note, I've got something of a prophetic gift - specifically, my future self warns me of things I need to know in the present, by bringing me into the future at points where the present situation is discussed. At some point over the next couple of months, Concordia will be attacked, creating a path of destruction all the way up to the Council Chambers. I do not know the day or their numbers, but I know the path, meaning it's possible to prepare a quick response to evacuate the affected areas and reduce the number of collateral casualties, at least."

[Colin's Shop]
Nicole wrote:Nicole glanced up at the other owl, gave a tiny shudder. 'C'mon, lets get to the others...' going back to her car to drive it into the Chantry...
He glanced at Nicole, then nodded, "Oh, right, that thing... slipped my mind. Not my business unless and until you decide it is - or unless the family comes knocking to make demands of the Cabal and Chantry."

Anja wrote:The large owl glanced at you as well. You group got back to Steelhaven, the others where already here and the group that had went to the junkyard was gathering in the lobby.
"Did all go well?"
Hildegard asked.
"Is the vampiress safely placed under guard?"
Nicole wrote:'Dunno about "safely", but is under guard.' Nicole replied, getting out of the car and grabbing her carbine and shotgun from the rear seats. 'No trouble for you lot coming back?'
He nodded, "She is... at rest. It seems the pain made her slip into some form of coma - I believe it may be what she called torpor - and it seems unlikely she will awaken on her own tonight. Dr. Lee and I will prepare a small care package for Mr. Sherman to bring down to the workshop before we head out to the next phase, though. Blankets and coffee and such."

((OOC: Right you are... Well, then, it slipped Colin's mind (like mine), simple as that. it happens; we had a lot of more pressing issues to pin down at the junkyard.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:04 am

[Chantry]

'Dunno about "safely", but is under guard.' Nicole replied, getting out of the car and grabbing her carbine and shotgun from the rear seats. 'No trouble for you lot coming back?'

"That is going to have to do, I did not havethe heart to insist on staking the girl when an alternative splution was found, she is a victim in all of this as well."
Hildegard said then she nodded.
"Yes all is well."
She commented.
"We experienced nothing out of the ordinary, what about your group Miss Bouchard?"
She asked as Chief Morgan came out of his office.
"Ah good you are all back, if you would come into my office and we can discuss the next step."
The old Hermetic said and he indicated his office door with a nod of his head.

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

'Does that include the woman who used to work in Dairy Queen in Cranston? Marie [younger sister] and me were sure she was one. Looked real like the old Goat.'

"Yeah she is one of the two, her mom is that waitress over at that little diner the old coot loved so much clearly for other reasons than the food."

'Say what you will, that training scheme did end up giving me a trade.' Nicole replied. 'And naturally, pissed off Mom no end... you remember the arguments, right? "How will a man find you pretty when you come back covered in dirt? All that work will make you all muscley!"' ending with a little laugh.

"A good man will see how pretty you are with the oil stains Nicole not despite of them."
He said and he gave you a bit of a smile.
"I am glad you learned a trade, I have been worried about you, I am glad to see you turned out good."

'Shit to hear about Laura. Are they at least still local?'

"Yeah they live about an hours drive from me, I wish they lived closer. I mean me and Laura had a falling out but I keep the peace for the boy's sake, I just want to be a greater part of his life you know."
Your uncle said sadly.
"I feel that I am missing so much...shit well sorry I did not mean to lay that on you."
He said apologetically.

'Yeah, in Pittsburgh, 'bout three month later. Turned out to be a complete loser... like everyone said. Gave him the shove after I got back from work early only to find him banging the fat Latina from the 7-Eleven.' the large woman replied. 'But couldn't come back here; had broke probation, would have ended up with you all visiting me in an orange jumpsuit for two to three year. Did the family get much hassle from the cops?'

"Good, that boy is a piece of shit. As for the police they send someone over to ask if we had heard from you a few times other than that it was fine. I get it that you ran though though I wish you had at least sent a postcard or something to let us know you where okey. As the years went by and I heard nothing we all started to fear you had been found in a ditch somewhere."

'Course Mom wasn't happy. She never was when it was to do with me.' sounding a little sour on this. 'The only kind of parenting she knew was how to produce a Mini-Me. Like that worked out so well.'

"Your mom I am sorry to say have not mellowed out, the pill consumption have gone up though, all prescription off course, after all she is not the same as lovely druggies, she did not manage to make a mini me out of you though, which is good the world have enough with one of her."

(OOC: Oh yes off course sorry.)
(OOC 2: Yeah there is a good chance that Nicole now and again find completely perfect items among her trash.)
(OOC 3: I am heading out, I will reply to Warps post as soon as I have the chance.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 39 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 39  Next