Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

5 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Adley Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:10 pm

[Adley, Steelhaven, Saturday morning, 21/11 2015]

"Yes I did mea filius, it might be old fashioned to keep my skill with a sword going in this day and age but I feel it is important." The finally he asked. "And you, how have your morning been Adley?"

"The same as the last few days," he said, "But this morning I got cookies. Want one?"

Glancing at the cookies he sigh though.
"She still can't sleep can she?"

"No, I'm not sure who was with her last night but I'm sure they couldn't get her back to bed. Her baking has gotten even better, if possible. But she needs rest. I'm worried about her. and Kyle too."

Adley

Back to top Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:13 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes your daughter is quite the kicker, I think I am starting to persuade her that there are better ways though, but still it is best not to risk it."
Richard said sounding amused.
Colin sighed, "Not soon enough for the poor nurse, but yes, she's seemed more inclined to try softer techniques of late."

Anja wrote:Shimmer smiled back to you. Anna nodded.
"Yeah...I can invite her, we ave to ave something vegetarian though Yu Die don't eat meat, I do not know why but she don't."
The young mage said and she scratched her head as Freddy came out of the bedroom still in her pj with a worried frown on her face as she looked down on her phone.
"Ehm love after breakfast I have to go to Chicago, I got a text from my uncle he is frantic, it is Joe, he is sick, really sick."
She said.
"Something about his cybernetic enhancements."
He nodded, "Vegetarian options are not a problem; baked beans, toast, fried tomato, chips, and of course, a salad. And if she would like an egg or two, all the better."

Anja wrote:You where still cooking listening to Freddy's worries about Joe when there was a knock on the door.
"I can go open."
Anna offered and she went to do so after a few moment she called back.
"Dad it's for you it's a Mercere he says he have a letter for you from the Library on Horizon."
He frowned at Freddy's revelation and was about to reply when Anna got the door, "Ah, that's... er, sorry, luv, hold the thought, I'll just go sign for it..."
He paced to the door and gave Anna a light pat on the shoulder, "Right, sweetie, finish setting the table, I've got it."
He nodded to the Mercere, "A letter from the Library? It must be regarding my offer to host the section on Hermetic secrets," he quipped. "Do you require my signature?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:31 pm

[Nicole's Apartment]

Anja's Post:

'Don't panic sir...' Nicole replied, giving a little sigh and heading back to find some clothes to shove on. 'Have you got in contact with any other Scientists who have done cybernetic work themselves, or folk who have had work done by others?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:34 pm

[Serge, Common Room]

Anja wrote:"Yeah it could be fun I think, I might go if...things go well."
Kyle muttered and looked away.
"I don't suppose I will be much good for company if...they do not."
He added then he shook his head.
"Sniper...ehm...yes...I guess that would be fun."
He said distracted by his troubles.

"Things will go well. And your always fun company to have around." Serge said trying to in nonchalant tone of voice, as it there was no question to the truth of his words. He knew his words weren't going to have any effect. Kyle was to smart to be swayed by such assurance. But Serge felt it was better than simply saying nothing.

"Are you free now? We should do something. I hate just sitting around eating. You wanna help me draw a shenlong dragon on my ceiling?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:22 pm

[Adley]

"The same as the last few days," he said, "But this morning I got cookies. Want one?"

"Yes don't mind if I do, they might be far sweeter than I prefer but home cooked in home cooked."
Jeffry said an he took one of the cookies and took a bite.
"Thank you."

"No, I'm not sure who was with her last night but I'm sure they couldn't get her back to bed. Her baking has gotten even better, if possible. But she needs rest. I'm worried about her. and Kyle too."

"Yes I know she...must have horrible dreams after what happened but she needs rest, unfortunately there is only so much we can do. As for your brother."
Jeffry's eyes got a look of concern in them.
"He is still not eating, or sleeping, not since we was told the date for the trial have been set...I don't know how to comfort him mea filius, he is so scared."

[Serge]

"Things will go well. And your always fun company to have around." Serge said trying to in nonchalant tone of voice, as it there was no question to the truth of his words. He knew his words weren't going to have any effect. Kyle was to smart to be swayed by such assurance. But Serge felt it was better than simply saying nothing.

"I hope you are right Serge."
Kyle said but you could see that he was not assured by your words.
"But what...if you are not what if they..."
He stopped talking and looked down.
"It is to horrible to contemplate I don't know what to do with myself."

"Are you free now? We should do something. I hate just sitting around eating. You wanna help me draw a shenlong dragon on my ceiling?"

"I...am free yes, I am not sure I am good enough at drawing for that but sure...I can help out."
The young mage said and he stood leaving his place of food uneaten.
"Let me just go and toss this."
He muttered.

[Colin]

Colin sighed, "Not soon enough for the poor nurse, but yes, she's seemed more inclined to try softer techniques of late."

"No not soon enough for the poor nurse, you can not blame Anna to much for it though she is just scared and project that fear onto others as well and she gets protective."
Richard said.
"But let us just say it is a good thing I come to you to discuss any procedures I think needs doing and do not say anything to make her feel threatened or I might have had to defend myself, not that I would hurt her off course."

He nodded, "Vegetarian options are not a problem; baked beans, toast, fried tomato, chips, and of course, a salad. And if she would like an egg or two, all the better."

"Yu Die eat eggs and milk and such she just don't eat meat...so yeah I guess we can fin something good for her to eat as well."
Anna said and nodded.
"It will be really fun to have her over for breakfast."
She said happily.

He frowned at Freddy's revelation and was about to reply when Anna got the door, "Ah, that's... er, sorry, luv, hold the thought, I'll just go sign for it..."

"Yes off course..."
Freddy said and she sat down but she still looked really worried.

He paced to the door and gave Anna a light pat on the shoulder, "Right, sweetie, finish setting the table, I've got it."

"Okey."
Anna said and she went back to the kitchen to do just that.

He nodded to the Mercere, "A letter from the Library? It must be regarding my offer to host the section on Hermetic secrets," he quipped. "Do you require my signature?"

The Mecere, the same man who had come with the news that Jeffry had inherited a Umbral shuttle raised an eyebrow at your joke then he smiled.
"Yes if you would sign here please."
He commented and gave you a piece of paper on a clipboard to sign then he gave you a envelope in good quality paper with your name on the front in an elegant, old fashioned handwriting.
"Well then Sir I will not disturb your morning any further, unless you needed my services for anything?"
The Red Cap said politely.

[Nicole]

'Don't panic sir...' Nicole replied, giving a little sigh and heading back to find some clothes to shove on. 'Have you got in contact with any other Scientists who have done cybernetic work themselves, or folk who have had work done by others?'

"Yes you are right...not panicking would be good."
Baynes said, he was a brilliant scientist but he did not deal well with stress or sudden situations.
"Ehm...no I called you first, but there are rumors that one of the Adepts over at Morningstar in Chicago are sick, that could be unrelated off course, I mean it could be the flu for all I know ehm...I will call around...but you are fine right?"
He asked nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:40 pm

Anja wrote:"No not soon enough for the poor nurse, you can not blame Anna to much for it though she is just scared and project that fear onto others as well and she gets protective."
Richard said.
"But let us just say it is a good thing I come to you to discuss any procedures I think needs doing and do not say anything to make her feel threatened or I might have had to defend myself, not that I would hurt her off course."
Colin grinned wryly, "Well, much as it might be amusing to watch you desperately try to defend yourself against a little girl, yes, it's probably for the best that we go over things in advance."

Anja wrote:"Yu Die eat eggs and milk and such she just don't eat meat...so yeah I guess we can fin something good for her to eat as well."
Anna said and nodded.
"It will be really fun to have her over for breakfast."
She said happily.
He smiled, "I imagine you will enjoy having company when I head out, yes..."
He paused, "Hum, milk, really? Lactose tolerance is a rather rare trait in Asia, and in people of Asian descent..."

Anja wrote:The Mecere, the same man who had come with the news that Jeffry had inherited a Umbral shuttle raised an eyebrow at your joke then he smiled.
"Yes if you would sign here please."
He commented and gave you a piece of paper on a clipboard to sign then he gave you a envelope in good quality paper with your name on the front in an elegant, old fashioned handwriting.
"Well then Sir I will not disturb your morning any further, unless you needed my services for anything?"
The Red Cap said politely.
He grinned and signed with a bit of a flourish, "Thank you. And by the way, the Chief's shuttle is a lovely old girl; almost enough to make the ladies in my life jealous. I will be flying a group to Horizon tomorrow, so if you're heading back around then, I can see if we've got a spare seat, perhaps save you a bit on the fare."
He bowed slightly, taking the letter, "And you have a good day, too, my good man."

After closing the door, he gently laid the letter aside on the table next to his plate, and went to serve the breakfast, "So, luv, Joe's doing poorly? I hope it's nothing serious... his implants, though, that suggests it is, with that brain jack of his... Some form of rejection syndrome?"
He frowned, "Before you leave, you might want to have a word with Miss Bouchard; I believe she knows a very good cyberneticist who might be able to offer some help or insights... But before that, you need breakfast. I'm guessing your uncle will be, hm, picking you up?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:53 pm

"Yes don't mind if I do, they might be far sweeter than I prefer but home cooked in home cooked."
Jeffry said an he took one of the cookies and took a bite.
"Thank you."

"Did you even have much honey or molasses when you were young? They're good though, the oatmeal in them lets me feel less bad about eating them at breakfast," he said with a tired smile. He suppressed a yawn. Getting up before the sun wasn't his forte, even before, though he was a morning person after that. But winter meant a late sun rise and an early sunset and he was still groggy.

"Yes I know she...must have horrible dreams after what happened but she needs rest, unfortunately there is only so much we can do. As for your brother."
Jeffry's eyes got a look of concern in them.
"He is still not eating, or sleeping, not since we was told the date for the trial have been set...I don't know how to comfort him mea filius, he is so scared."

"I know. Maybe he will eat a cookie, I will save him some," he said hopefully but he looked worried all the same. "Did you want to grab a coffee after you stow your gear, sir?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:25 pm

[Colin]

Colin grinned wryly, "Well, much as it might be amusing to watch you desperately try to defend yourself against a little girl, yes, it's probably for the best that we go over things in advance."

"Yes well there is that and also if we ever get to the point where a needle procedure is absolutely necessary to keep the girl alive I think he might get less scared if you discussed it with her in a non threatening situation rather than me telling her in the infirmary."
Richard said and nodded.

He smiled, "I imagine you will enjoy having company when I head out, yes..."
He paused, "Hum, milk, really? Lactose tolerance is a rather rare trait in Asia, and in people of Asian descent..."

"Yeah...are you going to be on Horizon long?"
Anna asked then she considered for a moment.
"Hum...come to think of it I have never seen Yu Die drink milk but she said she ate eggs so I just assumed. Probably best to ask her first then."

He grinned and signed with a bit of a flourish, "Thank you. And by the way, the Chief's shuttle is a lovely old girl; almost enough to make the ladies in my life jealous. I will be flying a group to Horizon tomorrow, so if you're heading back around then, I can see if we've got a spare seat, perhaps save you a bit on the fare."
He bowed slightly, taking the letter, "And you have a good day, too, my good man."

"Ah yes the shuttle, I am glad to hear it Sir. Thank you for the offer, but I am going a round to the various Chantries in Boston and then I am heading back to Horizon with a ship this evening."
The Mercere said and he smiled a little.
"Always on the move you know Sir, it comes with the job."

After closing the door, he gently laid the letter aside on the table next to his plate, and went to serve the breakfast, "So, luv, Joe's doing poorly? I hope it's nothing serious... his implants, though, that suggests it is, with that brain jack of his... Some form of rejection syndrome?"

"It is apparently quite serious, anything to do with the brain is."
Freddy muttered and she glanced at Anna who where always nervous about head injuries.
"Perhaps something to discuss somewhere else but yes it is serious and I am going to have to teleport over to Morningstar after breakfast to see him, he is family after all."
The Virtual Adept said and Anna frowned.
"Is something wrong with his head?"
She asked nervously.
"Joe, that is one of those who got me out of the hospital right?"

He frowned, "Before you leave, you might want to have a word with Miss Bouchard; I believe she knows a very good cyberneticist who might be able to offer some help or insights... But before that, you need breakfast. I'm guessing your uncle will be, hm, picking you up?"

"That is not a bad idea, if there is enough breakfast for one more I could bring her a plate of food as well."
Freddy said and she put her phone down and nodded.
"Yeah some breakfast would be nice thanks. No I will be teleporting myself, I can't transport others yet but I can transport myself around I would not want to bother him at a time like this."

[Adley]

"Did you even have much honey or molasses when you were young?

"Yes I did, and we did use it to sweeten food but not to even close to the degree that are done today when things just taste sweet. We even had sugar but it was a rare luxury reserved for sprinkling on desserts of holidays and such."
Jeffry explained.

They're good though, the oatmeal in them lets me feel less bad about eating them at breakfast," he said with a tired smile. He suppressed a yawn. Getting up before the sun wasn't his forte, even before, though he was a morning person after that. But winter meant a late sun rise and an early sunset and he was still groggy.

"A treat now and again won't hurt."
Your Mentor said and smiled.
"And yes they are good, Miss Alexander is good at baking."

"I know. Maybe he will eat a cookie, I will save him some," he said hopefully but he looked worried all the same. "Did you want to grab a coffee after you stow your gear, sir?"

"Well it is worth a shot, I know the boy enjoy sweet things."
Jeffry said then he nodded.
"Yes that would be nice. Let me just put my sword back in my apartment and we can head down to the common room."
He said and smiled as he started walking towards his room again.
"Just wait one moment then, it will not do to walk into the common room armed like this."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:44 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes well there is that and also if we ever get to the point where a needle procedure is absolutely necessary to keep the girl alive I think he might get less scared if you discussed it with her in a non threatening situation rather than me telling her in the infirmary."
Richard said and nodded.
Colin frowned, "Quite... One thing is when she's flatlining and unconscious, but anything short of that... well, Miss Bouchard did good in getting those hyposprays."

Anja wrote:"Yeah...are you going to be on Horizon long?"
Anna asked then she considered for a moment.
"Hum...come to think of it I have never seen Yu Die drink milk but she said she ate eggs so I just assumed. Probably best to ask her first then."
He shrugged, "A few days, most likely. I'll be back before my birthday, I expect, and I have to meet Mrs. Knox fairly immediately on my return. And if Yu Die is as lactose intolerant as I would expect, we should avoid dairy like, well, a bad tummyache."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes the shuttle, I am glad to hear it Sir. Thank you for the offer, but I am going a round to the various Chantries in Boston and then I am heading back to Horizon with a ship this evening."
The Mercere said and he smiled a little.
"Always on the move you know Sir, it comes with the job."
He nodded, "Of course - a well-oiled logistics branch is the glue that holds the larger structure together. Safe travels."

Anja wrote:"It is apparently quite serious, anything to do with the brain is."
Freddy muttered and she glanced at Anna who where always nervous about head injuries.
"Perhaps something to discuss somewhere else but yes it is serious and I am going to have to teleport over to Morningstar after breakfast to see him, he is family after all."
The Virtual Adept said and Anna frowned.
"Is something wrong with his head?"
She asked nervously.
"Joe, that is one of those who got me out of the hospital right?"
He glanced quickly at Freddy, then nodded, "Yes, Joe is the nice young man who helped get you out of the hospital. And it seems there's something wrong with a machine part he had installed to make things easier for him. You know, sort of like how a pacemaker helps keep a heartbeat steady. What the problem is, though, I don't know, which is why Freddy will be going to see him."
He frowned, "That means we'll have to make some new arrangements for my absence. I will have to ask around if anyone can keep watch over you while I'm away... Perhaps I can ask Dr. Wong if he's willing to host you for a few days. Assuming Chief Morgan and Dr. Wong's Security Chief both permit it."

Anja wrote:"That is not a bad idea, if there is enough breakfast for one more I could bring her a plate of food as well."
Freddy said and she put her phone down and nodded.
"Yeah some breakfast would be nice thanks. No I will be teleporting myself, I can't transport others yet but I can transport myself around I would not want to bother him at a time like this."
He grinned wryly, "I knew there was a reason Shimmer suggested I make a little extra. She's a clever one, and helpful to those who address her politely."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:26 am

[Nicole]

Anja's Post:

A soft laugh, which turned into a little cough. 'No, I'm not. But Occam's razor says last night's bottle of whiskey and suspicious truck food did it. Which is why correlation does not imply causation. And three is a very small number, it is.' the sounds of a boiling kettle in the background.

'Still, it is odd... a leg shutdown shouldn't have done anything... well, part from the obvious. I'll get myself checked out, and you can make some calls. My gut says that we might be seeing something more... dangerous.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:53 am

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"I hope you are right Serge."
Kyle said but you could see that he was not assured by your words.
"But what...if you are not what if they..."
He stopped talking and looked down.
"It is to horrible to contemplate I don't know what to do with myself."

"Focusing on the negatives and things that haven't happened yet gets you nowhere. It just stresses you out. We've prepared for the future. Your brother and mentor have made plans to protect you." Serge said empathetically in a soft tone of voice.

"We're all going to be here for you. We'll get through this together."

Anja wrote:"I...am free yes, I am not sure I am good enough at drawing for that but sure...I can help out."
The young mage said and he stood leaving his place of food uneaten.
"Let me just go and toss this."
He muttered.

"Your not going to be drawing. Your gonna be tossing my art supplies up to me. I need to stand on my table to reach my ceiling so I won't be in easy reach of them." Serge said with a smile standing up alongside Kyle and following him as he threw away his food.

"Although feel free to draw on any open space you find in my apartment. I don't mind. In fact...I invite it. I hate empty space."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:33 am

[Colin]

Colin frowned, "Quite... One thing is when she's flatlining and unconscious, but anything short of that... well, Miss Bouchard did good in getting those hyposprays."

"Indeed so I have been able with the hyperspray to start treatment with a drug meant to better Anna's breathing, so far with good result. I still would have liked some blood tests of her but I agree that would be far to stressful. That reminds me with the hyperspray I have even gotten Miss Sinclair vaccinated, she was the last one now everyone is protected and I have been able to get my sister vaccinated as well."
Richard said and smiled.
"Ah also I have gotten in a new cream which might help with the slight skin irritation the hyperspray leaves, I will bring it along when I come over tonight to give Anna her next dose."

He shrugged, "A few days, most likely. I'll be back before my birthday, I expect, and I have to meet Mrs. Knox fairly immediately on my return. And if Yu Die is as lactose intolerant as I would expect, we should avoid dairy like, well, a bad tummyache."

"Perhaps you will see dragons on Horizon?"
Anna said then she nodded.
"Meeting Mrs Knox for the duel, are you sure you will be safe?"
She asked sounding worried.
"Yeah we would not want Yu Die to get a tummy ache, better not use milk then, not at all."

He nodded, "Of course - a well-oiled logistics branch is the glue that holds the larger structure together. Safe travels."

"Thank you kindly. Well then have a continued good morning."
The Mercere said with a bow before he left.

He glanced quickly at Freddy, then nodded, "Yes, Joe is the nice young man who helped get you out of the hospital. And it seems there's something wrong with a machine part he had installed to make things easier for him. You know, sort of like how a pacemaker helps keep a heartbeat steady. What the problem is, though, I don't know, which is why Freddy will be going to see him."

"I understand but why would someone put a machine in their head dad?"
Anna said and she frowned.
"If he is sick will they use needles on him?"
She muttered darkly.

He frowned, "That means we'll have to make some new arrangements for my absence. I will have to ask around if anyone can keep watch over you while I'm away... Perhaps I can ask Dr. Wong if he's willing to host you for a few days. Assuming Chief Morgan and Dr. Wong's Security Chief both permit it."

"I will be back tonight, there is no need to uproot Anna, I might go and see Joe and my uncle now and again when I get someone to watch over Anna for a few days but I am not staying at Morningstar for days."
Freddy assured you.
"Which remind me is there anything you need in Chicago while I am there by the way?"

He grinned wryly, "I knew there was a reason Shimmer suggested I make a little extra. She's a clever one, and helpful to those who address her politely."

"Yes so I hear, well please thank you for me then, and I will take the extra food to bribe Miss Bouchard with, I have been wanting to see her anyway and inquire about where she got her hand tattoos, it is soon time for a new one."
Freddy said and she looked down at the tattoos on her own arms. Anna's eyes widened a little.
"Are you sure that is safe Freddy."
Se asked and Freddy smiled a little.
"Yes it is kid, for now I have to focus on getting help for Joe though."

[Nicole]

A soft laugh, which turned into a little cough. 'No, I'm not. But Occam's razor says last night's bottle of whiskey and suspicious truck food did it. Which is why correlation does not imply causation. And three is a very small number, it is.' the sounds of a boiling kettle in the background.

"I hope you are right Nicole, but I have to admit to being worried."
Baynes said, well any fool would be able to hear that he was indeed very worried.

'Still, it is odd... a leg shutdown shouldn't have done anything... well, part from the obvious. I'll get myself checked out, and you can make some calls. My gut says that we might be seeing something more... dangerous.'

"Yeah the problem is that there are three at once. And no the scientist with the leg prothesis should not have died, not like that, it was similar to your arm, not connected to a central processor, I guess if it was rejected that could lead to infections but not so fast. Yes I will make some calls but see yourself to an Awakened doctor, hopefully it is nothing but we need to err on the side of caution."
The other Etherite said he was calming down a little now that he was hearing that you where not dying.

[Serge]

"Focusing on the negatives and things that haven't happened yet gets you nowhere. It just stresses you out. We've prepared for the future. Your brother and mentor have made plans to protect you." Serge said empathetically in a soft tone of voice.

"We're all going to be here for you. We'll get through this together."

"My Mentor says the same thing Serge but it is so hard not to think about it."
Kyle said and sigh.
"I know I got a good lawyer, the best and Master Morgan is optimistic but it could go wrong...it could."
He said and then turned away to hide tears in his eyes.
"Thank...you...I don't know what I would do without friends in this."
He muttered softly.

"Your not going to be drawing. Your gonna be tossing my art supplies up to me. I need to stand on my table to reach my ceiling so I won't be in easy reach of them." Serge said with a smile standing up alongside Kyle and following him as he threw away his food.

"Although feel free to draw on any open space you find in my apartment. I don't mind. In fact...I invite it. I hate empty space."

"Well now that I can do."
Kyle said and he forced another small smile then he went to throw his food away.
"Ok let us get going then, I am not sure I should draw on your walls though, that seams a bit rude."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:46 am

Anja wrote:"Indeed so I have been able with the hyperspray to start treatment with a drug meant to better Anna's breathing, so far with good result. I still would have liked some blood tests of her but I agree that would be far to stressful. That reminds me with the hyperspray I have even gotten Miss Sinclair vaccinated, she was the last one now everyone is protected and I have been able to get my sister vaccinated as well."
Richard said and smiled.
"Ah also I have gotten in a new cream which might help with the slight skin irritation the hyperspray leaves, I will bring it along when I come over tonight to give Anna her next dose."
Colin smiled, "Running out of gaps to close now, aren't we? Good thing, though... Honestly, I'm most impressed by how Miss Rizzo stepped up to the challenge. I was worried she would still protest and drag things out a bit after the debate, but she got it over with quickly and smoothly."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps you will see dragons on Horizon?"
Anna said then she nodded.
"Meeting Mrs Knox for the duel, are you sure you will be safe?"
She asked sounding worried.
"Yeah we would not want Yu Die to get a tummy ache, better not use milk then, not at all."
He grinned, "Well, I will be bringing my old Polaroid camera, just in case. And the duel, well, we will be fighting with sharp knives, so 'safe' is not the best term. But, the terms are for shallow cuts to the torso, not impaling, and healers will be on hand to mend serious and accidental injuries, so I'm not worried about the outcome. Well, except that it's going to be painful, but that's to be expected."

Anja wrote:"I understand but why would someone put a machine in their head dad?"
Anna said and she frowned.
"If he is sick will they use needles on him?"
She muttered darkly.
He frowned, "I don't know what motivated him to do so - and his Mentor was not too happy with the idea, either. I suppose he thought it was quicker to plug his computer directly into his brain, but... well, I doubt I would have done it, even if I used computers like that. And I don't know about needles; hopefully, he's able to swallow food and liquid on his own, which makes oral medication more likely."

Anja wrote:"I will be back tonight, there is no need to uproot Anna, I might go and see Joe and my uncle now and again when I get someone to watch over Anna for a few days but I am not staying at Morningstar for days."
Freddy assured you.
"Which remind me is there anything you need in Chicago while I am there by the way?"
He nodded, "Alright, that should work - Mr. Yager has already volunteered to help with babysitting indefinitely, so if he stays here, that's not a problem. Anything in Chicago..."
He frowned, "Ah, yes, I'll write a note to Lady Crexia, if you would be so kind as to deliver it. I was planning on asking her something next time I see her, but a letter will do as nicely, I suppose."
He thought for a moment, "Oh, and if you could deliver a few Christmas presents while you're there, too, that would be good. Not many, just one for Miss Jarden and a small stack for the Arden family. I have a few others on my list there, too, but I haven't had the time to finish and pack those up yet."

Anja wrote:"Yes so I hear, well please thank you for me then, and I will take the extra food to bribe Miss Bouchard with, I have been wanting to see her anyway and inquire about where she got her hand tattoos, it is soon time for a new one."
Freddy said and she looked down at the tattoos on her own arms. Anna's eyes widened a little.
"Are you sure that is safe Freddy."
Se asked and Freddy smiled a little.
"Yes it is kid, for now I have to focus on getting help for Joe though."
He nodded, then smiled to Anna, "You know, sweetie, some day you might decide you want one of your own. Years from now, mind you, but all the same."
He pondered for a moment, "I wonder, though, if it could be possible for a skilled Mage to insert the ink under the skin without using normal tools? Perhaps Mr. Yager might know of some artist who's tried that, at least."

After eating, he neatly opened the letter to read while letting the food settle.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:53 am

"A treat now and again won't hurt." Your Mentor said and smiled. "And yes they are good, Miss Alexander is good at baking."

He offered out the plate for him to take a few cookies.

"Well it is worth a shot, I know the boy enjoy sweet things." Jeffry said then he nodded. "Yes that would be nice. Let me just put my sword back in my apartment and we can head down to the common room." He said and smiled as he started walking towards his room again. "Just wait one moment then, it will not do to walk into the common room armed like this."

"Of course, I will wait here."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:12 am

[Colin]

Colin smiled, "Running out of gaps to close now, aren't we? Good thing, though... Honestly, I'm most impressed by how Miss Rizzo stepped up to the challenge. I was worried she would still protest and drag things out a bit after the debate, but she got it over with quickly and smoothly."

"She accepted defeat yes, she was not happy about it but she accepted it, again I do think the hyperspray helped when it came for her to get her vaccines as per the arrangement for the duel."
Richard said with a slight smile.

He grinned, "Well, I will be bringing my old Polaroid camera, just in case. And the duel, well, we will be fighting with sharp knives, so 'safe' is not the best term. But, the terms are for shallow cuts to the torso, not impaling, and healers will be on hand to mend serious and accidental injuries, so I'm not worried about the outcome. Well, except that it's going to be painful, but that's to be expected."

"Yeah get a picture of a dragon dad!"
Anna said enthusiastically.
"I am worried about the duel though but I guess it is something you have to do."
She muttered and sigh.
"But try not to get hurt ok."

He frowned, "I don't know what motivated him to do so - and his Mentor was not too happy with the idea, either. I suppose he thought it was quicker to plug his computer directly into his brain, but... well, I doubt I would have done it, even if I used computers like that. And I don't know about needles; hopefully, he's able to swallow food and liquid on his own, which makes oral medication more likely."

"I would not want anything in my head."
Anna said again and frowned.
"I hope he gets better and I hope they do not have to poke him with needles."
She muttered and looked a bit uneasy.

He nodded, "Alright, that should work - Mr. Yager has already volunteered to help with babysitting indefinitely, so if he stays here, that's not a problem. Anything in Chicago..."
He frowned, "Ah, yes, I'll write a note to Lady Crexia, if you would be so kind as to deliver it. I was planning on asking her something next time I see her, but a letter will do as nicely, I suppose."
He thought for a moment, "Oh, and if you could deliver a few Christmas presents while you're there, too, that would be good. Not many, just one for Miss Jarden and a small stack for the Arden family. I have a few others on my list there, too, but I haven't had the time to finish and pack those up yet."

"A letter and a few gifts, sure I can deliver that."
Freddy said.
"If you could get them ready while I visit Miss Bouchard."
She said and nodded.

He nodded, then smiled to Anna, "You know, sweetie, some day you might decide you want one of your own. Years from now, mind you, but all the same."
He pondered for a moment, "I wonder, though, if it could be possible for a skilled Mage to insert the ink under the skin without using normal tools? Perhaps Mr. Yager might know of some artist who's tried that, at least."

"Yeah maybe they look cool but they are scary. It is like I wanted a ring in that little ridge inside of the ear but the spirit I asked to make the hole said he might not be precise enough."
Anna muttered and looked at you.
"Well a Verbena could probably make your skin any color you wanted so sure it should be possible."
Freddy said as she hate her breakfast.

After eating, he neatly opened the letter to read while letting the food settle.

Freddy filled a plate with food, wrapped from shrink foil around it and went to quickly get dressed then she said.
"Ok I will be right back then."
Before heading out the door.

The Letter said:

"Adeptus Colin Wainwright
Authorship of a node you ave sent in, descriptions of which are added under this letter, have been recognized to you."

Then forllowed a short description of the rote and the letter was signet Gloria Armsdale Hermes bani Guernicus and Nichodemus Mulhouse Master Archivist to the Library of Horizon.

[Nicole]

As you where talking with Baynes on the phone you heard a tap at your door, clearly you where a popular girl this morning.

[Adley]

He offered out the plate for him to take a few cookies.

Jeffry took one more cookie and smiled as he ate it.

"Of course, I will wait here."

"Very well I will see you in a moment then mea filius."
Jeffry said then he left for his room, soon he came back he had pulled on a new tshirt and wiped away the worst of the sweat.
"Shall we head to the common room then?"
He asked.
"Thank you for waiting."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Anja wrote:"Yeah get a picture of a dragon dad!"
Anna said enthusiastically.
"I am worried about the duel though but I guess it is something you have to do."
She muttered and sigh.
"But try not to get hurt ok."
He grinned, "I'll ask around and see if I can get one to pose for me. A blue one, if possible."
He sighed, "I'll get hurt, but I earned that. I'll do my best not to get excessively wounded. Dr. Lee is a good teacher."

Anja wrote:"I would not want anything in my head."
Anna said again and frowned.
"I hope he gets better and I hope they do not have to poke him with needles."
She muttered and looked a bit uneasy.
He nodded, "Agreed."

Anja wrote:"A letter and a few gifts, sure I can deliver that."
Freddy said.
"If you could get them ready while I visit Miss Bouchard."
She said and nodded.
He nodded, "Of course, the gifts are already in the bar cabinet - had to hide them somewhere safe - and the letter should be a quick thing."

Anja wrote:"Yeah maybe they look cool but they are scary. It is like I wanted a ring in that little ridge inside of the ear but the spirit I asked to make the hole said he might not be precise enough."
Anna muttered and looked at you.
"Well a Verbena could probably make your skin any color you wanted so sure it should be possible."
Freddy said as she hate her breakfast.
He smiled, "Well, I can't blame him; his claws are magnificent, but they're blades better suited for carving, not piercing. But I suppose Engrave could be asked to give you another try, if you absolutely want a new piece or two."

Anja wrote:Freddy filled a plate with food, wrapped from shrink foil around it and went to quickly get dressed then she said.
"Ok I will be right back then."
Before heading out the door.

The Letter said:

"Adeptus Colin Wainwright
Authorship of a node you ave sent in, descriptions of which are added under this letter, have been recognized to you."

Then forllowed a short description of the rote and the letter was signet Gloria Armsdale Hermes bani Guernicus and Nichodemus Mulhouse Master Archivist to the Library of Horizon.
He nodded to Freddy as he read the letter, and grinned broadly as he folded it up again, "Excellent news; my Rote's authorship has been acknowledged. I'll have to bring the article to the Paradigma offices while I'm away. They might pay me a fine, modest sum for the article and the shot at being first distributor of the trick. Luv, I'll have to ask you to see if Miss Kelly has a letter of introduction for me while you're there, too - I'll call her after I've written the letter to Lady Crexia. And at some point next week, I will frame this."

He fetched his good stationery, and started writing his letter;
Honoured Lady Crexia,
I hope this finds you in good cheer. I have recently made a tactical error for which a vampire died needlessly, and my local consultations and research have come to conclude that the only practical way to rescue her from the hell into which she has been condemned is to petition another god in person to take mercy on her and bring her to another afterlife. I write to consult you about how to accomplish this, as I am under the distinct impression the gods of old were far more prone to interact with mortal men and women back when you first started on your path as a Mage, and I can think of few, if any Magi with such deep and broad experience in matters pertaining to, well, anything pertaining to magic. As a soldier and craftsman, I believe my chances for a favourable may be highest with Athena, also called Promachos and Ergane, and I would further research means of contacting her in particular. Unfortunately, my Greek, whether ancient or modern, is not quite up to snuff as yet. Any advice you might be able to provide me would be most welcome.

Your humble servant,
Colin Wainwright.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:25 pm

[Colin]

He grinned, "I'll ask around and see if I can get one to pose for me. A blue one, if possible."
He sighed, "I'll get hurt, but I earned that. I'll do my best not to get excessively wounded. Dr. Lee is a good teacher."

"Yeah a blue one would be nice."
Anna said excitedly.
"He is a really good teacher, when you get hurt though I will take care of you until you are better dad."
The young mage promised.

He nodded, "Of course, the gifts are already in the bar cabinet - had to hide them somewhere safe - and the letter should be a quick thing."

"Then I will come back for them once I have spoken with Miss Bouchard."
Freddy said.

He smiled, "Well, I can't blame him; his claws are magnificent, but they're blades better suited for carving, not piercing. But I suppose Engrave could be asked to give you another try, if you absolutely want a new piece or two."

"He did my tongue and my ears and everything but he said that the ridge inside my ear was to small, I would like a few more rings my my ears generally though and perhaps I could ask Dino, I mean Dr Acevedo, you said he is a werewolf, so he have claws in his other forms right, they might be sharp enough.""
Anna said referring to the heart specialist she had been going to at the university hospital.

He nodded to Freddy as he read the letter, and grinned broadly as he folded it up again, "Excellent news; my Rote's authorship has been acknowledged. I'll have to bring the article to the Paradigma offices while I'm away. They might pay me a fine, modest sum for the article and the shot at being first distributor of the trick. Luv, I'll have to ask you to see if Miss Kelly has a letter of introduction for me while you're there, too - I'll call her after I've written the letter to Lady Crexia. And at some point next week, I will frame this."

"Congratulations love."
Freddy said and she smiled.
"I will ask Miss Kelly when I am there, it will be interesting to see your article in print."
She added and Anna called in from the kitchen where she was cleaning up her plate before sitting down at the table with a book.
"Congratulations dad!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:33 pm

[Nicole]

Anja's Post:

'Body only rejects organic matter, not metal and composite.' Nicole replied, repeating Baynes' own words on one of the reasons he favoured cybernetics over biomods, pouring out the water into the coffee-maker with her free hand. 'Risks are local irritation, post-op complications with shit like MRSA or sepsis, technical malfunction or simple incompatibility.' a short pause as she gave a frown; this was some shit she really didn't want to have to deal with right now.

'Which is why this smells fishy, it does. I ain't a doc, but what you're describing don't fit the risk sheet. Which is why we need to ring around as quickly as possible, get a wider sample size. And for you to work out what things those three have in common.' not wishing to voice her gut feeling just yet - that they were under attack by something or one. The guy was worried enough as it was...

Anja's Post:

'Keep me posted, sir.' Nicole said, after getting a frown at the door. 'Gotta go...' Once Baynes had ended the call, Nicole will open the door to see who it was; forgetting she was only in last night's underwear due to her pounding head and Baynes' worrying call.

[Ooh, Colin's going to Paris?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Anja wrote:"Yeah a blue one would be nice."
Anna said excitedly.
"He is a really good teacher, when you get hurt though I will take care of you until you are better dad."
The young mage promised.
Colin grinned, "Well, now, I'm sure Freddy will want to get in on that, too; you can't monopolize my care, I think."

Anja wrote:"Then I will come back for them once I have spoken with Miss Bouchard."
Freddy said.
He nodded, "I'll have the letter in the bag with the gifts."

Anja wrote:"He did my tongue and my ears and everything but he said that the ridge inside my ear was to small, I would like a few more rings my my ears generally though and perhaps I could ask Dino, I mean Dr Acevedo, you said he is a werewolf, so he have claws in his other forms right, they might be sharp enough.""
Anna said referring to the heart specialist she had been going to at the university hospital.
He pondered for a moment, "I suppose you could ask - but keep in mind, a werewolf's combat form is pretty damn huge and scary, and his claws might not be quite as hygienic as metallic ones would be."

Anja wrote:"Congratulations love."
Freddy said and she smiled.
"I will ask Miss Kelly when I am there, it will be interesting to see your article in print."
She added and Anna called in from the kitchen where she was cleaning up her plate before sitting down at the table with a book.
"Congratulations dad!"
He smiled, "Thank you, both. The article is mostly finished, with the explanations adapted to various mystic and scientific Paradigms. All i need to do is essentially hammer down an introduction and put the whole thing on a memory stick."

After sealing the letter to Crexia, he fetched the little bag of presents from the bar cabinet and slipped the envelope on top - a matching pair of silver bracelets for Ir and Philippa, and a set of silver flatware each for the children, and a pair of earrings for Isabella, each shaped like a drop of blood, with a stylized hemoglobin molecule engraved on the side.

He pondered for a moment, then looked to Anna, "Will you be alright for a few minutes? I've got to place a couple of phone calls."

((OOC: Well, yes, but I was under the impression Paradigma's main offices were on Horizon?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:15 pm

[Nicole]

'Body only rejects organic matter, not metal and composite.' Nicole replied, repeating Baynes' own words on one of the reasons he favoured cybernetics over biomods, pouring out the water into the coffee-maker with her free hand. 'Risks are local irritation, post-op complications with shit like MRSA or sepsis, technical malfunction or simple incompatibility.' a short pause as she gave a frown; this was some shit she really didn't want to have to deal with right now.

"I know...I know but that is what it looked like, I got some pictures from the autopsies, they wanted my opinion on it and...I know it is impossible but it is exactly what it looks like."
Baynes said and sigh.
"I knew two of these people...worked on them to see them dead like that..."
He said and you could imagine him nervously pulling at his own hair, a bad habit he had when stressed or scared.

'Which is why this smells fishy, it does. I ain't a doc, but what you're describing don't fit the risk sheet. Which is why we need to ring around as quickly as possible, get a wider sample size. And for you to work out what things those three have in common.' not wishing to voice her gut feeling just yet - that they were under attack by something or one. The guy was worried enough as it was...

"I...eh...yes it is indeed fishy and I do need to call around...I should do that right now, be useful, if you are sure you are okey...ehm...yes Ihave called you need to call the others."
Baynes said he was clearly still freaking out an probably suspecting as well that there where trouble on the horizon that the three dead technomancers where not a coincidence.

'Keep me posted, sir.' Nicole said, after getting a frown at the door. 'Gotta go...'

"I will do so. promise me to get yourself checked out...I will call you later."
Baynes said before hanging up on the call after waiting to see if you had anything else to add.

Once Baynes had ended the call, Nicole will open the door to see who it was; forgetting she was only in last night's underwear due to her pounding head and Baynes' worrying call.

Outside the door stood Freddy, one of the Chantry's Virtual Adepts and Colin's girlfriend, she was a fairly tall woman, though not even getting close to your height, slightly on the chubby side with a face which was more cute than beautiful. She was wearing a pair of pants with a multitude of pockets, durable, heavy boots with neon green laces. A neon green top with black skull print and a choker wit plastic, neon green studs. She had several tattoos down her arms and where wearing black and green rubber bracelets on one hand and a spike cuff on the other. Her hair was woven into cuber dreads with a multitude of neon green, pin an silver bits of plastic woven into it and these where fixed into pigtails. In her hands Freddy where holding a plate with what looked like bacon, sossages, fried potatoes, eggs and fried tomatoes.
"Ehm...sorry did I wake you up."
The Virtual Adept said.
"I just came to bribe you with breakfast for some information...I can come back later."
She said and she gave you and apologetic smile.

[Colin]

Colin grinned, "Well, now, I'm sure Freddy will want to get in on that, too; you can't monopolize my care, I think."

"You better believe it."
Freddy said and grinned Anna smiled a little at that.
"I would not dream of it dad."

He nodded, "I'll have the letter in the bag with the gifts."

"Okey I will pick it up before I leave then."
Freddy said and nodded.

He pondered for a moment, "I suppose you could ask - but keep in mind, a werewolf's combat form is pretty damn huge and scary, and his claws might not be quite as hygienic as metallic ones would be."

"I guess you are right dad."
Anna said and sigh.
"I guess I have to settle for the piercings that Engrave can do."

He smiled, "Thank you, both. The article is mostly finished, with the explanations adapted to various mystic and scientific Paradigms. All i need to do is essentially hammer down an introduction and put the whole thing on a memory stick."

"Sounds good, I am sure it will be amazing love."
Freddy said and she came over and put her arms around you.
"I am proud of you Colin."
She said and she kissed you on the cheek which made Anna giggle.

He pondered for a moment, then looked to Anna, "Will you be alright for a few minutes? I've got to place a couple of phone calls."

"Yes not a problem dad I was thinking I would continue with the paint by numbers set you gave me, I am almost done."
The young mage said.
"So I will be in my room working on that ok...and yes I have my timer on I know Dr Lee said I should use the oxygen mask for an hour or more each day, I will use it when my timer beeps, I can paint at the same time."

(OOC: The main offices of the Paradigma are in Concordia city on Horizon yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:30 pm

"Shall we head to the common room then?" He asked. "Thank you for waiting."

"It was no problem, sir. I just thought I'd have a little coffee and some time for my breakfast to settle, and the sun to think about coming up before I tried for a run. Comparing my best times and how I perform now, well, I have some ground to make up."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:33 pm

[Serge]

Anja wrote:"My Mentor says the same thing Serge but it is so hard not to think about it."
Kyle said and sigh.
"I know I got a good lawyer, the best and Master Morgan is optimistic but it could go wrong...it could."
He said and then turned away to hide tears in his eyes.

"And it could go right. I know it's hard not to think about the bad outcomes. But you have to remember that there are good outcomes as well. It might be tiring to hear it all the time but you've got quite the army on your side." Serge said empathetically.

Anja wrote:"Thank...you...I don't know what I would do without friends in this."
He muttered softly.

"No problem. You've always got friends by your side." Serge said with a kind smile.

Anja wrote:"Well now that I can do."
Kyle said and he forced another small smile then he went to throw his food away.
"Ok let us get going then, I am not sure I should draw on your walls though, that seams a bit rude."

"It'd be rude if you didn't." Serge said with a smile as he led Kyle to his apartment. "A little piece of Kyle's imagination immortalized in my room. That sounds pretty cool. You can try drawing a car from one of your racing games. I think my video game section might need a bit more genres in it anyway."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:34 pm

[Nicole]

Anja's Post:

'Which makes it much more unlikely you being the cause, as you didn't know one of them.'' Nicole replied, wanting to reassure Baynes.

Anja's Post:

'I'll make contact with the ones I know, and keep you posted.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole looked back at her; she'd shifted to a new hairstyle - a short butch cut dyed dark blue - and clearly had just got up, due to the complete absence of jewellery. Clad in only a pair of boyshorts and sports bra, it did ironically offer Freddy a good view of the Etherite's ink; both arms and hands [one being simply the rubber skin], several on the legs, a foot-sleeve and one poking up on the breast.

Anja's Post:

'No... someone else just did.' Nicole said, squinting at the light coming from the hall, scratching her head while holding a cigarette.

'Well, come in...' moving aside to let the Adept in; her apartment was dim, with only one of the room lights on.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:48 pm

[Serge and Adley]

"It was no problem, sir. I just thought I'd have a little coffee and some time for my breakfast to settle, and the sun to think about coming up before I tried for a run. Comparing my best times and how I perform now, well, I have some ground to make up."

"Indeed, now that you have recovered you will have to push yourself to regain what inactivity have cost, you need to be at your best."
Jeffry agreed he was never one to sugar coat things.
"But you will get there, and yes some coffee would be nice."
He said as he headed towards the common room but then stopped as he saw Kyle and Serge come up the stairs a worried look entering his eyes, your brother looked even paler than usual and thin as he was some days with hardly eating had made him quite grunt, worry over his trial where clearly affecting the young mage badly.

"And it could go right. I know it's hard not to think about the bad outcomes. But you have to remember that there are good outcomes as well. It might be tiring to hear it all the time but you've got quite the army on your side." Serge said empathetically.

"I know and I know that is what I have to focus on, it going well, but it is so hard as...it might go...very, very badly and then they will."
Kyle shivered.
"Do you think I would still be me...if that happened Serge? Would I still be me?"
He muttered nervously.

"No problem. You've always got friends by your side." Serge said with a kind smile.

"Thank you...I appreciate it."
The young widderslainte said softly.
"I appreciate it allot."

"It'd be rude if you didn't." Serge said with a smile as he led Kyle to his apartment. "A little piece of Kyle's imagination immortalized in my room. That sounds pretty cool. You can try drawing a car from one of your racing games. I think my video game section might need a bit more genres in it anyway."

"I can try to draw a car, I am not nearly as good as you though."
Kyle said and he gave a slight smile and a shrug.
"Maybe then again games are supposed to be fun, there are no point in having games in your library just because you should have more genres."
He said.

As you two walked up towards your room you saw Adley and Master Morgan on their way down the stairs though and Kyle stopped to give his Mentor and his brother a tired wave of his hand.
"Hi."
He said.
"Good morning."
Jeffry smiled but he was clearly concerned over his student.
"Yes good morning, have you gotten some breakfast Kyle."
He asked and Kyle sigh.
"I tried Sir...but no not really I am not hungry."
He muttered and Jeffry sigh.
"You have to eat boy..."
He said then he noticed Sege and gave him a nod of his head.
"Good morning Mr Yager."

[Nicole]

'Which makes it much more unlikely you being the cause, as you didn't know one of them.'' Nicole replied, wanting to reassure Baynes.

"I know I am not the cause Nicole, I do good work."
Baynes said quickly his professional pride temporarily winning out over his panic attack.
"But the question is what is...the cause I mean."

'I'll make contact with the ones I know, and keep you posted.'

"Good, you do that, and you be careful, if someone caused this...I do not want to see pictures of your autopsy either I have seen enough of what your insides look like, I prefer you stay in one piece."
The other Etherite warned.

Nicole looked back at her; she'd shifted to a new hairstyle - a short butch cut dyed dark blue - and clearly had just got up, due to the complete absence of jewellery. Clad in only a pair of boyshorts and sports bra, it did ironically offer Freddy a good view of the Etherite's ink; both arms and hands [one being simply the rubber skin], several on the legs, a foot-sleeve and one poking up on the breast.

You caught Freddy studying your ink for a moment before the Virtual Adept realized it might be rude and looked away.

'No... someone else just did.' Nicole said, squinting at the light coming from the hall, scratching her head while holding a cigarette.

'Well, come in...' moving aside to let the Adept in; her apartment was dim, with only one of the room lights on.

"Thanks, I am not going to bother you long."
Freddy said and she stepped into your apartment and handed you the rather full plate of food covered under some shrink wrap.
"Ehm...do you know anyone good with cybernetics, Colin said I should talk with you, one of my relatives, as within the Adepts relatives not blood relatives, is sick, real sick, all I know is that he have this plug in the base of his skull and it is acting up, Colin thought perhaps you might know someone who might be able to help him."
Freddy asked she did look quite concerned when she spoke about her sick relative.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:22 pm

[Serge and Adley]

"Indeed, now that you have recovered you will have to push yourself to regain what inactivity have cost, you need to be at your best." Jeffry agreed he was never one to sugar coat things. "But you will get there, and yes some coffee would be nice."

He nodded. "Plus, then we'll have to deal with something else, before New Year's, not that I want to talk about that out here." He itched at his chest with his free hand then picked up a cookie. "But I'm waiting to see if I suddenly develop a craving for pickles or something..." he said, half joking. He knew the shard had some effect at least and he wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly craved something like tass with the right resonance.

He said as he headed towards the common room but then stopped as he saw Kyle and Serge come up the stairs a worried look entering his eyes, your brother looked even paler than usual and thin as he was some days with hardly eating had made him quite grunt, worry over his trial where clearly affecting the young mage badly.
"Hi."
He said.
"Good morning."
Jeffry smiled but he was clearly concerned over his student.
"Yes good morning, have you gotten some breakfast Kyle."
He asked and Kyle sigh.
"I tried Sir...but no not really I am not hungry."
He muttered and Jeffry sigh.
"You have to eat boy..."
He said then he noticed Sege and gave him a nod of his head.
"Good morning Mr Yager."

He slowed and stopped to greet them as well. "Good morning." Frowning as Kyle said he didn't eat anything again, he offered out the cookies towards them. "My cabalmate made these, will you please have some? They are very good, she is an excellent baker. I'm sure she would want for you to have one, she made more than enough to share."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next