Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

5 posters

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:09 pm

[Back to Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"I..."
The young Chorister begun and she looked into the distance.
"Those spirits who got destroyed I...could do nothing to help them or protect them...they where ripped apart an destroyed and I could not help them, and when they died not even a body was left behind...and if they had not been here due to contracts with m they would not have been hurt, I feel responsible."
Dion said softly an a tear ran down her cheek.
"Ehm...sorry."
She muttered.
"That and one of my Cabalmates are up on trial after he betrayed this Chantry and I was almost killed myself, so much shit happed and I don't know how to process it all."

Serge let Dion speak, not wanting to interrupt her as she talked about her worries. He kept his magical eyes on her, to assess how her mental state shifted as they talked. Often times talking about your worries alleviated some of the stress associated with them.

"It's hard isn't it. So much stuff all at once." Serge said in a soft comforting tone. "But it won't be like this forever. You'll get through this. Slowly but surely."

"You wanted to know what I saw when I took a look in your head right? Well I saw basically everything you just said. The peculiar thing I saw though....in the middle of all of your stress and anxiety was a large red door. And it was locked." Serge explained. "I don't think I need to tell you what that means. Something hidden away inside of your stress and worries. Do you have any idea what could be behind that door?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34 - Page 12 Empty Re: The Lost Cat, Clan Giovanni an the Screamer-IC Thread 34

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:53 pm

[Airport]
Anja wrote:"I will have to look for it then, but in either case the delivery is probably best done after the mission."
Helena commented.
Nicole wrote:'Well... do we have enough time?' Nicole hazarded. 'And does it help if I point out my quest is directly tied to the reason we're waiting for a flight to come in?'
Anja wrote:Helena checked her watch and sigh.
"We might...have time if we hurry, if it is really tied to why we are ere we might have to chance it and take the time to to the Umbral dock."
Colin frowned, lowering his voice, "The delivery is the substance that's killing people with implants; we're sharing with a Progenitor on this case, she's already given us good intel from her own research into the victims... we can't afford fighting one another right now, and let a third party murder us both indiscriminately."

Anja wrote:"I am skeptical about involving the Union...for anything, what will be the benefit to us in telling the Union about thee two women, we are not going to get to question if the Union capture or kill them."
Adley's sister said sounding skeptical as she glanced at the two women.
"The once by the arrivals ore are more likely to be waiting for our target but it is hard to be sure...I would like to question them though."
S7trif3 wrote:He hurried to close the bag and stand up, giving a glance around not just for the ghouls tainted energies, if he could detect it, but Union folk as well. He slung it over his shoulder. "I don't like the idea of getting them involved, but if we have to herd them it might be good to know where they are..."
Anja wrote:"You may be right Adley."
Helena said and sigh.
"But I hope we do not have to get them involved."
He frowned, "They're already involved - though I do agree it's... unappealing to drag them into an encounter outside the neutral grounds."

Nicole wrote:'Chances are we won't question them at all, unless we take 'em down for some reason.' Nicole mused.
Anja wrote:"That is true Miss Bouchard but if we don't question them we don't know if they are involved and if they are not then putting the Technocracy on their tail do not feel right."
The Flambeau protested.
"However perhaps you and I should hurry to the Umbral port then while my brother and Mr Wainwright scout out this area?"
She asked.
Nicole wrote:'"Does not feel right?" I have stuff to say 'bout that, but not here.'
He nodded, "Miss Bouchard has strong opinions of vampires, comparable to those of the Order... Bostonite vampires are a little more discrete than she is used to, though. Go on, you two; Adley and I can scan for trouble... I'm certain the well-dressed lady is Giovanni, though, not so convinced regarding the other one. I suppose I could politely ask, though I doubt that would be a good idea in the first place."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:09 pm

[Airport]

Colin's Post:

'Was talking about something else, actually.' Nicole replied, a touch sourly. 'Not everything is about them. Well, in this case it kinda is, but not in the way you're making it out to be.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:39 am

[Airport]

Nicole looked up at the arrival screen with a frown; clearly trying to work out how much time they have before the Chicago flight touched down...

It was 31 minutes until the arrival of the flight from Chicago, add to that a few minutes to get of the plane and it might be time.

'"Does not feel right?" I have stuff to say 'bout that, but not here.'

"Very well Miss Bouchard we can discuss it later but we will discuss it before we move against these two women for I am skeptical of risking getting someone innocent killed eve if they are not sleepers and as such is not protected by the Protocols."
Helena said and frowned.

Colin frowned, lowering his voice, "The delivery is the substance that's killing people with implants; we're sharing with a Progenitor on this case, she's already given us good intel from her own research into the victims... we can't afford fighting one another right now, and let a third party murder us both indiscriminately."

"We are sharing with a Progenitor?"
The Flambeau asked and she looked shocked then she sigh.
"Well I guess since it is on neutral grounds then it is legal to do so, gray area legal but legal non the less."
She commented.
"Very well I will get Miss Bouchard there."

He frowned, "They're already involved - though I do agree it's... unappealing to drag them into an encounter outside the neutral grounds."

"It is best to stay as far away from the Union as much as possible, but yes perhaps sharing information with the ones at the Umbral port is needed at this point."
Adley's Sister commented.

He nodded, "Miss Bouchard has strong opinions of vampires, comparable to those of the Order... Bostonite vampires are a little more discrete than she is used to, though. Go on, you two; Adley and I can scan for trouble... I'm certain the well-dressed lady is Giovanni, though, not so convinced regarding the other one. I suppose I could politely ask, though I doubt that would be a good idea in the first place."

"We do not know that, while the one waiting for the plane might be waiting for our target the other woman might just be here by chance. It would be like if Steelhaven and Talana had a issue with one another and then you jumped a Custos serving a mage living at Riverside. They could both be involved but we do not know that. Now there is enough suspicion for me to be willing to capture them and interrogate them but not to just get them killed just in case."
Helena said sternly.
"I doubt the woman would attack you here on the airport Mr Wainwright but if she is involved talking with her might alert our target."
She said and frowned then she nodded.
"Yes we should go now while there is still some time."
She agreed.

'Was talking about something else, actually.' Nicole replied, a touch sourly. 'Not everything is about them. Well, in this case it kinda is, but not in the way you're making it out to be.'

"Then perhaps we can discuss it once we get to the Umbral docks, if that is agreeable to you Miss Bouchard."
Helena said as she begun to head towards the parking lot.
"Which car are we taking?"

[Back to Steelhaven]

Serge let Dion speak, not wanting to interrupt her as she talked about her worries. He kept his magical eyes on her, to assess how her mental state shifted as they talked. Often times talking about your worries alleviated some of the stress associated with them.

"It's hard isn't it. So much stuff all at once." Serge said in a soft comforting tone. "But it won't be like this forever. You'll get through this. Slowly but surely."

"I guess you are right Mr Yager but do I deserve to? I mean do I deserve to move on when my friends are dead...well destroyed I am not sure a spirit can die."
Dion said sadly but the sad, stressful knot in her mind was lessening as she spoke about her feelings and worries.

"You wanted to know what I saw when I took a look in your head right? Well I saw basically everything you just said. The peculiar thing I saw though....in the middle of all of your stress and anxiety was a large red door. And it was locked." Serge explained. "I don't think I need to tell you what that means. Something hidden away inside of your stress and worries. Do you have any idea what could be behind that door?"

"Yeah...I know what a locked door means but there is one in my mind? I am not sure I understand."
The Chorister said looking confused.
"I have no idea what is behind it...can you get it open Mr Yager? Do you think it is related to my stress headaches?"
She asked and looked at you.
"Do you think it is a good idea to open it?"

(OOC: Yeah a messed up sleep rythem is always a bother.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:37 am

[Airport]
Anja wrote:"We are sharing with a Progenitor?"
The Flambeau asked and she looked shocked then she sigh.
"Well I guess since it is on neutral grounds then it is legal to do so, gray area legal but legal non the less."
She commented.
"Very well I will get Miss Bouchard there."
Colin nodded, "We've got an information exchange going, somewhat under the table, to counter this attack. It's not a lasting alliance - but the doctor in question is what you might consider a trusted enemy; she and I both know exactly where the other stands, and anywhere else, we would have to shoot at one another... but her duty as a doctor comes first, and her contempt for Mystics a close second."

Anja wrote:"We do not know that, while the one waiting for the plane might be waiting for our target the other woman might just be here by chance. It would be like if Steelhaven and Talana had a issue with one another and then you jumped a Custos serving a mage living at Riverside. They could both be involved but we do not know that. Now there is enough suspicion for me to be willing to capture them and interrogate them but not to just get them killed just in case."
Helena said sternly.
"I doubt the woman would attack you here on the airport Mr Wainwright but if she is involved talking with her might alert our target."
She said and frowned then she nodded.
"Yes we should go now while there is still some time."
She agreed.
He frowned, "As you say, we can't know without checking, but I'd still say the likelihood is overwhelming that the finer lady is waiting for our target... which might mean we'll have to be quick to intercept Miss Giovanni before her to avoid making a scene... or at least to make the scene work in our favour."

Nicole wrote:'Was talking about something else, actually.' Nicole replied, a touch sourly. 'Not everything is about them. Well, in this case it kinda is, but not in the way you're making it out to be.'
Anja wrote:"Then perhaps we can discuss it once we get to the Umbral docks, if that is agreeable to you Miss Bouchard."
He nodded, "Ah, I'm sorry - as you say, this case is about them; it was an obvious assumption. My bad. I've still got the keys to the BMW, so... best take yours?"

He looked to Adley, "Amicus, I'm focusing on spotting Renfields. What do your elf eyes see?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:48 am

[Airport]

Anja's Post:

'C'mon, then; can fill you in on the way, I can.'

Colin's Post:

'Is that needed? If so, best take the Subaru; I'll need that later in a bit anyways...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:23 am

[Airport]

Colin nodded, "We've got an information exchange going, somewhat under the table, to counter this attack. It's not a lasting alliance - but the doctor in question is what you might consider a trusted enemy; she and I both know exactly where the other stands, and anywhere else, we would have to shoot at one another... but her duty as a doctor comes first, and her contempt for Mystics a close second."

"I can respect that."
Helena said with a sigh.
"And that in this one case our interests align with the Union."
She said but she did not like it, the younger Flambeau did not seam any fonder of the Technocracy than her teacher was.

He frowned, "As you say, we can't know without checking, but I'd still say the likelihood is overwhelming that the finer lady is waiting for our target... which might mean we'll have to be quick to intercept Miss Giovanni before her to avoid making a scene... or at least to make the scene work in our favour."

"This is true, the question is how to accomplish that, the young lady seams pretty much ready to meet the target when she lands so talking with the target before she sees her might be hard...making a commotion work to our favor though, that might be doable."
Helena said and nodded.

'C'mon, then; can fill you in on the way, I can.'

Helena just nodded as she headed for the exist with quick, determined steps.

'Is that needed? If so, best take the Subaru; I'll need that later in a bit anyways...'

"The Subaru it is then, it is in the short term parking area, this way."
The Hermetic said.
"It depends on whatever or not we are going to try to get the two vampire slaves taken down by the Union, if yes then I would like to know more, I do not kill without a very good reason, or get someone killed without so, if we are not going to get them taken down then your reasons are your own Miss Bouchard and you need not share."
Helena said and she glanced over at Nicole for a moment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:42 am

[Airport]

Anja's Posts:

Nicole followed Helena, able to keep up with fair ease, still carrying her coat. Once in an area out of earshot, she spoke.

'No, I'm not gonna sic the Union on them two. But need to explain before you bitch about what I'm about to do.' a little pause before continuing. 'That is: finger the Giovanni to the Union. Mirrorshades have a bunker mentality - we're their enemy, this is a bad thing, therefore we must behind it. At the moment, they're holding fire... but if they don't get any other leads soon the hotheads will take over and they'll start on us. And that could be anything from doing some snatches of individuals to throwing everything they've got at us. So...' giving a slightly grim little smile '-to save us, I'm throwing them lot under the bus.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:56 am

[Airport]

Nicole followed Helena, able to keep up with fair ease, still carrying her coat. Once in an area out of earshot, she spoke.

Helena was tall for a woman, but she was still far shorter than Nicole so the Etherite where able to easily keep up with the Hermetic due to her longer stride.

'No, I'm not gonna sic the Union on them two. But need to explain before you bitch about what I'm about to do.' a little pause before continuing.

"Fair enough."
The Flambeau said but she raised an eyebrow.

'That is: finger the Giovanni to the Union. Mirrorshades have a bunker mentality - we're their enemy, this is a bad thing, therefore we must behind it. At the moment, they're holding fire... but if they don't get any other leads soon the hotheads will take over and they'll start on us. And that could be anything from doing some snatches of individuals to throwing everything they've got at us. So...' giving a slightly grim little smile '-to save us, I'm throwing them lot under the bus.'

"Hum...that do seam to be a good plan given that as far as I understand these Giovanni are involved and better the Massassa than us...very well I am on board with that, but how do you intend to point the proverbial finger? I am not so sure they will believe us if we just tell the Union if was not us it was these guys."
The Hermetic said and she glanced over at Nicole again as they left the airport's main building and headed for the short term parking lot.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:42 pm

[Airport]

'True enough, that. But the thing is that whatever evidence we show won't be believed 'cos it could just be a fit-up.' Nicole replied, letting Helena lead. 'But I've got a gift - a sample of the poison - to give. When giving it, I'll tell 'em to look into the Giovanni. While they won't take my word on it, hopefully they've done enough digging by now for the bits they've found to fit the same picture as ours.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:19 pm

[Airport]

'True enough, that. But the thing is that whatever evidence we show won't be believed 'cos it could just be a fit-up.' Nicole replied, letting Helena lead. 'But I've got a gift - a sample of the poison - to give. When giving it, I'll tell 'em to look into the Giovanni. While they won't take my word on it, hopefully they've done enough digging by now for the bits they've found to fit the same picture as ours.'

"Practical an to the point...very well that is worth a try, I will leave the talking to you then since you know more about this situation then me."
Helena said as she hurried through the crowd of airport visitors to the short term parking lot and found where the Subaru was parked.
"If you drive behind that shop there, that is where the portal to the Umbral port is located."
The Hermetic said and she pointed at a car rental shop which was located on the airport grounds.
"Dive around and then head right for the back window."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:14 pm

[Airport]
Anja wrote:"I can respect that."
Helena said with a sigh.
"And that in this one case our interests align with the Union."
She said but she did not like it, the younger Flambeau did not seam any fonder of the Technocracy than her teacher was.
Colin nodded, "More than that, in this case, it is in our additional interest to ensure the Union is pointed at the correct culprit instead of us."

Anja wrote:"This is true, the question is how to accomplish that, the young lady seams pretty much ready to meet the target when she lands so talking with the target before she sees her might be hard...making a commotion work to our favor though, that might be doable."
Helena said and nodded.
He grinned, "Never underestimate the value of accidentally standing closer to the door than the opposition... She's standing near the door, but I can place myself closer, and she'll be rather ill placed to make a fuss about me approaching the young lady first."

Nicole wrote:'Is that needed? If so, best take the Subaru; I'll need that later in a bit anyways...'
He smiled wryly, "Well, certainly more practical, since I'll want to get home, too, and you did express some misgivings about having a chauffeur..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:08 pm

[Back to Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"I guess you are right Mr Yager but do I deserve to? I mean do I deserve to move on when my friends are dead...well destroyed I am not sure a spirit can die."
Dion said sadly but the sad, stressful knot in her mind was lessening as she spoke about her feelings and worries.

"Survivor's guilt is a real thing." Serge said with a nod. "But you do deserve to move on Dion. I'm sure your spirit friends wouldn't want to see you like this."

"What were their names? What kind of spirits were they?" Serge asked, noticing the stress knot weakening as Dion talked more about her worries.

Anja wrote:"Yeah...I know what a locked door means but there is one in my mind? I am not sure I understand."
The Chorister said looking confused.
"I have no idea what is behind it...can you get it open Mr Yager? Do you think it is related to my stress headaches?"
She asked and looked at you.
"Do you think it is a good idea to open it?"

"Those are some tricky questions." Serge began to say, leaning a back in his chair. "I do think the locked door is in some way related to the stress headaches. And I could get it open with some effort...although that would be a little bit invasive. The mind doesn't lock things up for no reason. I would need your permission again." he explained further.

"Do I think it's a good idea? That's an even trickier question. I do think it's important to know all of the details related to your headache. We might find something important that'll get rid of them all together. Although, on the other hand, we might uncover something quite unpleasant that your mind had reason to keep locked away." he continued to explain. "Do I need to open the door? No, I could get rid of your headaches by weakening the stress knots around it. It wouldn't last forever though, but it'd get you through your church meeting and we can get you an appointment with my mentor."

"So Dion, what would like to do? The temporary fix or seeing what's behind the door and understanding your headache a little bit more?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:12 pm

[Airport]

"Yes and I am not to happy about social security numbers either they to become an Arcane connection and yes it is the Union's fault brother, one more step in their campaign of control."
Helena said and frowned.

"Now that I think about it, quite a few common things that create such connections have become routine and mundane, and much more easily accessible if you are in certain types of jobs."

"You may be right Adley."
Helena said and sigh.
"But I hope we do not have to get them involved.

"Nobody standing out as /them/...but you never know."

Anja wrote:
"That is true Miss Bouchard but if we don't question them we don't know if they are involved and if they are not then putting the Technocracy on their tail do not feel right."
The Flambeau protested.
"However perhaps you and I should hurry to the Umbral port then while my brother and Mr Wainwright scout out this area?"
She asked.
Nicole wrote:
'"Does not feel right?" I have stuff to say 'bout that, but not here.'
Very well Miss Bouchard we can discuss it later but we will discuss it before we move against these two women for I am skeptical of risking getting someone innocent killed eve if they are not sleepers and as such is not protected by the Protocols."
Helena said and frowned.
"Then perhaps we can discuss it once we get to the Umbral docks, if that is agreeable to you Miss Bouchard."

"Be careful," he said with a nod to them.

He looked to Adley, "Amicus, I'm focusing on spotting Renfields. What do your elf eyes see?"

He looked at him with that catlike look again at the elf eyes comment, somewhere between annoyed and amused. "Someone a bit odd, a group and the ones you noted...." He gave the o'clocks of the strange Dynamic person and the small group at the gift shop. Then began looking more for traces of magick than discrete people, bits of magick that might be traps or signs that there was something else going on that would be overlooked. "I don't suppose you have a plan to pull out of your hat...we could say we were Jehova's Witnesses that just need a moment of her time..." he said. "Or, which of the revered Varda Elentári might be best to contact for help in dire circumstances," he said, giving Colin a sidelong look. "Then, we can ride off on our elk," he deadpanned.

// lemme know if you want a search roll!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:56 pm

[Airport]

Colin nodded, "More than that, in this case, it is in our additional interest to ensure the Union is pointed at the correct culprit instead of us."

"If we can convince them of that it would be good."
Helena said and frowned.

He grinned, "Never underestimate the value of accidentally standing closer to the door than the opposition... She's standing near the door, but I can place myself closer, and she'll be rather ill placed to make a fuss about me approaching the young lady first."

"It might let you get to the target first but I am not so sure it will lessen the risk of her creating a fuss."
Helena said and frowned again.
"But I guess we have to risk it."

"Now that I think about it, quite a few common things that create such connections have become routine and mundane, and much more easily accessible if you are in certain types of jobs."

"That is true and unfortunately the Union do have people in all of thoe jobs"
Your Sister said and she frowned again.

"Nobody standing out as /them/...but you never know."

"I guess that is a good thing."
Helena grumbled as she glanced around.

"Be careful," he said with a nod to them.

"You as well brother."
The other Flambeau said before she left with Nicole.

He looked at him with that catlike look again at the elf eyes comment, somewhere between annoyed and amused. "Someone a bit odd, a group and the ones you noted...." He gave the o'clocks of the strange Dynamic person and the small group at the gift shop. Then began looking more for traces of magick than discrete people, bits of magick that might be traps or signs that there was something else going on that would be overlooked. "I don't suppose you have a plan to pull out of your hat...we could say we were Jehova's Witnesses that just need a moment of her time..." he said. "Or, which of the revered Varda Elentári might be best to contact for help in dire circumstances," he said, giving Colin a sidelong look. "Then, we can ride off on our elk," he deadpanned.

You saw something that indicated that the hippie woman where using some sort of edge magic to calm herself other than that you saw no active magick in the air port hall at the moment.

(OOC: No roll should be needed.)

[Back to Steelhaven]

"Survivor's guilt is a real thing." Serge said with a nod. "But you do deserve to move on Dion. I'm sure your spirit friends wouldn't want to see you like this."

"What were their names? What kind of spirits were they?" Serge asked, noticing the stress knot weakening as Dion talked more about her worries.

"I guess they would want me to move ones the ones of them with a human enough understanding to grasp such emotions."
Dion said and she smiled sadly.
"Names are very important to spirits, I am sorry Mr Yager but I can not share them, as for what spirits they where, I guess you could call them lesser Gods in a way, spirits of things, manifestations of aspects of this world."

"Those are some tricky questions." Serge began to say, leaning a back in his chair. "I do think the locked door is in some way related to the stress headaches. And I could get it open with some effort...although that would be a little bit invasive. The mind doesn't lock things up for no reason. I would need your permission again." he explained further.

"I understand, well whatever or not I can give permission depends on whatever or not opening that door would be safe and what you mean by invasive Sir?"
Dion asked and she looked a bit nervous.

"Do I think it's a good idea? That's an even trickier question. I do think it's important to know all of the details related to your headache. We might find something important that'll get rid of them all together. Although, on the other hand, we might uncover something quite unpleasant that your mind had reason to keep locked away." he continued to explain. "Do I need to open the door? No, I could get rid of your headaches by weakening the stress knots around it. It wouldn't last forever though, but it'd get you through your church meeting and we can get you an appointment with my mentor."

"So Dion, what would like to do? The temporary fix or seeing what's behind the door and understanding your headache a little bit more?"

"I don't know, I mean I can not even think of what can be behind that door, I have never really experienced anything traumatic other than the loss of my friends, I mean I was in a car accident as a kid but both me and my family escaped with some scrapes and bruises, I can not think of anything that could be locked away like that."
The young Chorister said sounding confused.
"But yes I do think I want to know what is behind that door, so unless you think opening it will damage my mind, I would like you to open it."
She said and she looked at you with worried eyes.
"If you think you can get it open I mean."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:26 pm

[Airport]

You saw something that indicated that the hippie woman where using some sort of edge magic to calm herself other than that you saw no active magick in the air port hall at the moment.

"Other than that, nothing odd seems to be going on," he told Colin, shifting from one foot to another uneasily.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:05 pm

[Airport]
Anja wrote:"If we can convince them of that it would be good."
Helena said and frowned.
Colin smiled thinly, "Fortunately, we've already got a few fairly key individuals in the Umbral Port fairly well convinced it's not us - all that remains is to show them who is. That, of course, is a work in progress."

Anja wrote:"It might let you get to the target first but I am not so sure it will lessen the risk of her creating a fuss."
Helena said and frowned again.
"But I guess we have to risk it."
He nodded, "We'll think of something. A small fuss, we can handle; if security is summoned, we'll simply have to hope we can weasel our way out of the situation. But I doubt anyone wants things to escalate that far."

S7trife wrote:He looked at him with that catlike look again at the elf eyes comment, somewhere between annoyed and amused. "Someone a bit odd, a group and the ones you noted...." He gave the o'clocks of the strange Dynamic person and the small group at the gift shop. Then began looking more for traces of magick than discrete people, bits of magick that might be traps or signs that there was something else going on that would be overlooked. "I don't suppose you have a plan to pull out of your hat...we could say we were Jehova's Witnesses that just need a moment of her time..." he said. "Or, which of the revered Varda Elentári might be best to contact for help in dire circumstances," he said, giving Colin a sidelong look. "Then, we can ride off on our elk," he deadpanned.
He chuckled softly, quickly noting the oddities Adley indicated, "Well, I suppose of the Valar, of whom Varda is one, I'd be most attuned to Aulë or Tulkas. Though I suspect the best help and counsel would be from Olórin, if we could get him. And an elk would probably rouse too much suspicion; America is moose territory, not the same beast."

S7trif3 wrote:"Other than that, nothing odd seems to be going on," he told Colin, shifting from one foot to another uneasily.
He nodded, then pondered, "I don't suppose you think we could pull off tampering with a ghoul's blood link to their Master? Not sever it, obviously, but we might be able to inconspicuously confuse it enough to induce some measure of distress. Possibly to the point of creating some temporary loss of loyalty?"

((OOC: So, hypothetical time - COULD Colin (and Adley?), using C2,E2, manage to temporarily scramble a ghoul's blood bond? Twisted Evil ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:14 pm

[Airport]

Colin smiled thinly, "Fortunately, we've already got a few fairly key individuals in the Umbral Port fairly well convinced it's not us - all that remains is to show them who is. That, of course, is a work in progress."

"Very well, if you think the Technocrats of the Umbra Port will listen."
Helena said but she sounded a bit doubtful.
"We are going to have to see what comes of it."

He nodded, "We'll think of something. A small fuss, we can handle; if security is summoned, we'll simply have to hope we can weasel our way out of the situation. But I doubt anyone wants things to escalate that far."

"This is true but it might spook the target. but like I said we might have to take an calculated risk."
The Flambeau said and sigh.
"i will leave that to you then Mr Wainwright."

(OOC: Hum, scramble it for a short while I will allow that but it will be hard to do so plus two diff.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:03 pm

[Back to Steelhaven]

Anja wrote:"I guess they would want me to move ones the ones of them with a human enough understanding to grasp such emotions."
Dion said and she smiled sadly.
"Names are very important to spirits, I am sorry Mr Yager but I can not share them, as for what spirits they where, I guess you could call them lesser Gods in a way, spirits of things, manifestations of aspects of this world."

"Fair enough, but at least tell me what aspects they were spirits of. Remembering and talking about our friends is an important thing to do. It ensures that they live one within our memories." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"I understand, well whatever or not I can give permission depends on whatever or not opening that door would be safe and what you mean by invasive Sir?"
Dion asked and she looked a bit nervous.

"Our mind's don't just lock things away willy-nilly. Often times they lock things away if remembering those memories would be too damaging for us." Serge explained. "If I were to open that door, I'd need to venture deep into your mind. It's likely what's behind that door is something secretive. That's where the invasive part comes in. As for safety, I'm afraid I cannot give a reasonable guess until I examine the door further." he continued, trying to recall if Ange had taught him anything about the damaging aspects of bringing up suppressed or hidden memories and if the locked door he had saw applied to those lessons.

Anja wrote:"I don't know, I mean I can not even think of what can be behind that door, I have never really experienced anything traumatic other than the loss of my friends, I mean I was in a car accident as a kid but both me and my family escaped with some scrapes and bruises, I can not think of anything that could be locked away like that."
The young Chorister said sounding confused

Serge kept his magickal eyes trained on Dion. If she was lying, or if she had any doubts about that statement, he'd be able to see it with his magickal senses.

Anja wrote:"But yes I do think I want to know what is behind that door, so unless you think opening it will damage my mind, I would like you to open it."
She said and she looked at you with worried eyes.
"If you think you can get it open I mean."

"Very well. Don't worry, I'll be as gentle as I can. And you'll have free reign to end the spell at anytime if you feel that it's necessary." Serge said with a nod.

"The first thing I'll do is examine the door in greater detail. To see if I can get a better idea of what it's hiding and why. Beyond what I told you before, it could also be some kind of magick sealing away some memories or other wizard-y shenanigans. If I determine that I cannot open the door without it damaging you I'll end the spell and do the temporary fix." he said, wanting to be as transparent as possible before attempting the spell.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:52 am

[Airport]

Anja's Post:

'It's the best chance we have of avoiding a flare-up.' Nicole replied, opening the car, dumping the coat in the rear and pushing back the driver's seat so she could get in. Once she'd done so, Nicole will follow the directions.

Colin's Post:

'Well, I'm gonna be waiting for pursuit and if needs be that car can end up in the Charles [river] without nobody crying.'

Adley's Post:

'I'm still alive, ain't I?' Nicole quipped, giving a little grin.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:03 am

[Airport]

He chuckled softly, quickly noting the oddities Adley indicated, "Well, I suppose of the Valar, of whom Varda is one, I'd be most attuned to Aulë or Tulkas. Though I suspect the best help and counsel would be from Olórin, if we could get him. And an elk would probably rouse too much suspicion; America is moose territory, not the same beast."

"We'll ask help from both, and see who shows up first. Ah, the majestic moose, mascot of Maine."

He nodded, then pondered, "I don't suppose you think we could pull off tampering with a ghoul's blood link to their Master? Not sever it, obviously, but we might be able to inconspicuously confuse it enough to induce some measure of distress. Possibly to the point of creating some temporary loss of loyalty?"

He blinked at Colin in surprise. "I...honestly have no idea how to do that, nor do I think it is within my abilities to try," he said apologetically.

'I'm still alive, ain't I?' Nicole quipped, giving a little grin.

"So far, try to stay that way. Good luck, then."

// Adley won't be any help with that, having Life and Corr of 1

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:11 am

[Back to Steelhaven]

"Fair enough, but at least tell me what aspects they were spirits of. Remembering and talking about our friends is an important thing to do. It ensures that they live one within our memories." Serge said with a smile.

"On of them where a spirit of luck, the other where a spirit of protection, he died fist as he followed his nature and tried to stop the attackers, the third where a spirit of the wax used to make candles."
Dion said.
"They where my friend, they did what they could to defend the Chantry."

"Our mind's don't just lock things away willy-nilly. Often times they lock things away if remembering those memories would be too damaging for us." Serge explained. "If I were to open that door, I'd need to venture deep into your mind. It's likely what's behind that door is something secretive. That's where the invasive part comes in. As for safety, I'm afraid I cannot give a reasonable guess until I examine the door further." he continued, trying to recall if Ange had taught him anything about the damaging aspects of bringing up suppressed or hidden memories and if the locked door he had saw applied to those lessons.

"I understand...well if there is some memory I have locked away I want to know what it is."
Dion said and nodded he looked a bit nervous though.
"You have my consent to proceed Mr Yager."
The Chorister said and she sigh. Ange had told you that if you where going to open up forgotten trauma you had to be ready to give support as the reaction from the patient could become very upset, and if he or she was not cared for it could end tragically.

Serge kept his magickal eyes trained on Dion. If she was lying, or if she had any doubts about that statement, he'd be able to see it with his magickal senses.

She was not lying, as far as Dion knew the most traumatic experiences in her life where loosing her spirit friends and a scary but not serious car crash as a little girl.

"Very well. Don't worry, I'll be as gentle as I can. And you'll have free reign to end the spell at anytime if you feel that it's necessary." Serge said with a nod.

"O...ok..."
The Chorister said nervously.
"Everyone say you are kind and good at what you are do, I trust you."
She said and she offered a little smile.

"The first thing I'll do is examine the door in greater detail. To see if I can get a better idea of what it's hiding and why. Beyond what I told you before, it could also be some kind of magick sealing away some memories or other wizard-y shenanigans. If I determine that I cannot open the door without it damaging you I'll end the spell and do the temporary fix." he said, wanting to be as transparent as possible before attempting the spell.

"Ok..."
Dion said with a worried little smile, you where doing things correctly though, Ange always said that if a patient where nervous always explain what you where doing so they felt they had control.
"I am ready...you can cast your spell Mr Yager."
She said but she was holding onto the armrests of the chair for dear life and she was clearly very worried.

[Airport]

'It's the best chance we have of avoiding a flare-up.' Nicole replied, opening the car, dumping the coat in the rear and pushing back the driver's seat so she could get in. Once she'd done so, Nicole will follow the directions.

You saw Helena's hands move like Adley's did...no more like the Chief, once you got close to the rental car dealership. You had driven though the portal this morning so it probably felt less apprehensive now to dive right into the window, there was a cold feeling, like diving into a cold pond and then you where at the Umbra docks. You saw a repair crew working on the downed passenger shuttle an there where a crowd looking at it. Business went by as usual but there where still amped up though and everyone seamed on edge.
"What happened here?"
Helena said and nodded towards the downed ship.

(OOC: Basically to break a Blood Bond is Life and Prime allot, but I am thinking Colin might be able to just scramble the magick of it for a short while, it will still be there but be a bit muted.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:08 am

[Airport]
Anja wrote:"Very well, if you think the Technocrats of the Umbra Port will listen."
Helena said but she sounded a bit doubtful.
"We are going to have to see what comes of it."
Colin nodded, "I doubt the majority are swayed... but the head doctor and the security chief should be at least sufficiently convinced."

Anja wrote:"This is true but it might spook the target. but like I said we might have to take an calculated risk."
The Flambeau said and sigh.
"i will leave that to you then Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "A surreptitious maneuver, rather than a direct approach, I think."

S7trif3 wrote:"We'll ask help from both, and see who shows up first. Ah, the majestic moose, mascot of Maine."
He grinned wryly, "Well, somehow I doubt bringing an actual divine being into a mundane airport is going to be healthy for anyone. Especially a fictional one..."

S7trif3 wrote:He blinked at Colin in surprise. "I...honestly have no idea how to do that, nor do I think it is within my abilities to try," he said apologetically.
He pondered, "I think I can try, at least - I don't think I can sever the link, but I might be able to introduce some noise, like a mosquito trapped between an ear and a headphone."

He fished out his notepad and quickly drew up a pair of circles to represent the finely dressed ghoul and her Master, and a line between them for the link, and then proceeded to draw up a circle crossing the line, with a twenty-point star within the circle, the points shaded in different regular patterns to induce confusion. Then he fixed his gaze on the woman as he drew the last line...

((OOC: So, throwing in P2, as well, for a P2, C2, E2 effect to temporarily induce "white noise" in the blood link, like a vuvuzela concert at a football match... Arete rolls: 2,3,8 - 4,0,0 - 2,3,6 - 6,7,9... Think that'll do, and don't know how much more there'd be time for before the plane arrives, anyway...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:49 am

[Airport]

Colin nodded, "I doubt the majority are swayed... but the head doctor and the security chief should be at least sufficiently convinced."

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright."
Helena said and nodded.

He nodded, "A surreptitious maneuver, rather than a direct approach, I think."

"That can at times be the best approach."
The Hermetic agreed.

He fished out his notepad and quickly drew up a pair of circles to represent the finely dressed ghoul and her Master, and a line between them for the link, and then proceeded to draw up a circle crossing the line, with a twenty-point star within the circle, the points shaded in different regular patterns to induce confusion. Then he fixed his gaze on the woman as he drew the last line...

You worked your rote for a while after Helena and Nicole had left. It was not easy but finally your magick went through and the ghoul woman sort of jerked for a moment and she looked a bit confused before she fished up a phone from her expensive looking purse and made a call, you where to far away to hear what she was saying over the phone though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:00 pm

[Umbrial Port]

Anja's Post:

'The results of when Giovanni slaves go around sticking in needles.' Nicole replied, driving to park up the car. 'Well, time to see the doctor...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next