Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

5 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38 - Page 29 Empty Re: Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:24 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"There must be quite a story behind that encounter."
Shawn said he was clearly not fully understanding what you where saying.
"You must live an interesting life Sir."
Colin sighed, "Yes, unfortunately, it seems I do... there's a hell of a story, and it only seems my life will be more interesting over the coming months..."

Anja wrote:"I think I would have run away if I had seen that Sir that sound's terrifying."
Shawn said nervously.
"Was this on the same adventure where you met the God you spoke of Sir?"
He shrugged, "Strictly speaking, yes, but earlier in the day, and in another city, another battle..."

Anja wrote:"He can turn into an owl Sir and his children are owls? That is pretty cool, do he have an owl wife?"
Shawn asked and he looked like he was trying to wrap his head around that concept.
"I have seen badgers on that on TV Sir they are really cute."
He smiled, "I don't believe he has an owl wife, as I don't believe owls are monogamous, or rather, I believe they don't stay paired from season to season."

Nicole wrote:The Etherite gave a look for a moment that she was considering it, then gave a shrug. 'Eh... what's the point? So he was shit who used me as a hotel, bedwarmer and practice-pad. That was ages ago. Don't really care no more.'
He nodded, "Probably for the best; bygones be bygones and all that."

Nicole wrote:'The "situation with the Union" is the same as ever. And doubt she's at much risk simply driving - have organised to meet up before the meet. But if you're sure...' moving to pull out her cell, giving Colin a look...
He shook his head, "The plague has aggravated the situation with the Union, and Jace's plotting with the Sabbat vampires makes the situation extra volatile and dangerous. Everyone's on high alert, as opposed to the normal state of tension. So yes, I'm sure, and if she's gone out alone, I'm afraid of what the temperature in the Chief's office will be when he finds out..."

Anja wrote:You did find the ink to the handheld, it was not that hard to find a link to a loved personal belonging so you could probably open up a small portal and grab it. Shawn nodded at that he still looked down.

While you where looking for the PSP you heard your phone ring, Shawn jumped at the sound but then calmed down. You saw it was Jeffry's number.
He flicked the PSP out of thin air and in Serge's direction with a momentarily surprised twitch, then looked down and pulled out the phone, "Ah, sorry, Shawn, it's the Chief."
He picked up, "Yes, Sir? I've just finished severing Shawn's links to blood samples taken from him; he's clean."

((OOC: W00t!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38 - Page 29 Empty Re: Rescuing Shawn, Traitors and Bothersome Ghosts IC Thread 38

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:32 pm

[Villa]

Colin's Post:

'Don't get me wrong; the fucker'll get a broken jaw if I see him again. Just that I'm not that bothered to go looking to do it.'

Colin's Post:

'Again, the whole "need to know" shit falls over again.' Nicole muttered, pulling out her phone and calling Henrietta...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:47 pm

[Villa]

Colin sighed, "Yes, unfortunately, it seems I do... there's a hell of a story, and it only seems my life will be more interesting over the coming months..."

Shawn nodded and he looked curious but was scared of asking to much so he fell silent.

He shrugged, "Strictly speaking, yes, but earlier in the day, and in another city, another battle..."

Shawn nodded again and did not ask further as you did not volunteer to tell about your adventures he did not dig.

He smiled, "I don't believe he has an owl wife, as I don't believe owls are monogamous, or rather, I believe they don't stay paired from season to season."

"I did not know that Sir."
Shawn said and nodded again.
"Owls only mate for one season at the time then?"

He flicked the PSP out of thin air and in Serge's direction with a momentarily surprised twitch, then looked down and pulled out the phone, "Ah, sorry, Shawn, it's the Chief."
He picked up, "Yes, Sir? I've just finished severing Shawn's links to blood samples taken from him; he's clean."

Shawn gave a squeak when the PSP suddenly came flying at him, it landed in the chair he had been sitting in but the young vampire had already thrown himself to the floor to avoid the thing tossed towards him.
"O...ok Sir."
He muttered clearly shaken he had not even seen what you had tossed he had just gotten out of the way.

Jeffry replied.
"That is good. Master Telar have examined the sample of the boy's blood, and while Dr Lee is still working on it Master Telar assure me that the boy's blood can not harm an Avatar and I trust his judgement...you can bring him to Steelhaven, he will have to use the room Kyle used in the basement, it will not be locked but it is the closest thing we have to a guest room in the basement, he can use the rest of the Chantry with the regular rules for Custos and a proper room will be made for him once we are done with this crisis. What duties he will have will be up to you if he is your Cabal's Custos the boy is your responsibility."
The old mage said and he sigh.
"I guess we are taking on this Massassa."

'Again, the whole "need to know" shit falls over again.' Nicole muttered, pulling out her phone and calling Henrietta...

Henrietta replied after a few rings, you heard that she had the phone on speaker in the car.
"It is me, I am about fifteen minutes from Mattapan now did you need something Nicole?"
The Hollower asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:09 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:Shawn nodded and he looked curious but was scared of asking to much so he fell silent.
Colin sighed, then smiled thinly, "You don't have to be afraid of asking, Shawn... Some questions I simply won't answer straight, but that's as far as it will go."

Anja wrote:Shawn nodded again and did not ask further as you did not volunteer to tell about your adventures he did not dig.
He frowned for a moment, then smiled, "The events weren't all bad, though; found some new friends there, too, like the lovely Handler on board the battlecruiser in which the second battle took place. And some old friends, too, like my lawyer, come to think of it... But it is a long story, and this is not the time and place for that."

Anja wrote:"I did not know that Sir."
Shawn said and nodded again.
"Owls only mate for one season at the time then?"
He nodded, "I think so. Though, it's possible that's not accurate for all species of owl, too."

Nicole wrote:'Don't get me wrong; the fucker'll get a broken jaw if I see him again. Just that I'm not that bothered to go looking to do it.'
He grinned, "That sounds more like you, alright."

Nicole wrote:'Again, the whole "need to know" shit falls over again.' Nicole muttered, pulling out her phone and calling Henrietta...
He shook his head, "That warning should have gone to everyone, as everyone needs to know not to go alone."

Anja wrote:Shawn gave a squeak when the PSP suddenly came flying at him, it landed in the chair he had been sitting in but the young vampire had already thrown himself to the floor to avoid the thing tossed towards him.
"O...ok Sir."
He muttered clearly shaken he had not even seen what you had tossed he had just gotten out of the way.
He grimaced, "Bugger, sorry, Shawn, that was not intentional... Look in the chair, it was meant to be a present."

Anja wrote:Jeffry replied.
"That is good. Master Telar have examined the sample of the boy's blood, and while Dr Lee is still working on it Master Telar assure me that the boy's blood can not harm an Avatar and I trust his judgement...you can bring him to Steelhaven, he will have to use the room Kyle used in the basement, it will not be locked but it is the closest thing we have to a guest room in the basement, he can use the rest of the Chantry with the regular rules for Custos and a proper room will be made for him once we are done with this crisis. What duties he will have will be up to you if he is your Cabal's Custos the boy is your responsibility."
The old mage said and he sigh.
"I guess we are taking on this Massassa."
He sagged in the chair, then broke into a slow grin, "Thank you, Sir. Oh, this is a relief, please convey my gratitude to the good Master Telar. Oh, and some other good news; that piece of proof I mentioned Shawn has? It contains some thirty-plus drams of Tass, of quite excellent quality. The Chantry will get some of that to help offset the current slight deficit after the Node issues here. You'll have to extricate it, though. Call it a fringe benefit of having him in the family."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:23 pm

[Villa]

Colin sighed, then smiled thinly, "You don't have to be afraid of asking, Shawn... Some questions I simply won't answer straight, but that's as far as it will go."

"Y...yes Sir."
Shawn said but he still did not ask and only looked down.

He frowned for a moment, then smiled, "The events weren't all bad, though; found some new friends there, too, like the lovely Handler on board the battlecruiser in which the second battle took place. And some old friends, too, like my lawyer, come to think of it... But it is a long story, and this is not the time and place for that."

The young vampire gave you a confused look he had no idea what you meant by Handler of battle cruiser or what a lawyer had to do with anything.
"Yes Sir."
He muttered and did not ask further but he was clearly confused.

He nodded, "I think so. Though, it's possible that's not accurate for all species of owl, too."

"I guess google would know Sir."
Shawn replied.

He grimaced, "Bugger, sorry, Shawn, that was not intentional... Look in the chair, it was meant to be a present."

"Hum...I ehm..."
Shawn said but he did look into the chair, still a bit shaken but he got a bit of a smile for a moment when he saw the little gaming machine, he picked it up and checked it for damage."
"Thank you Sir...I appreciate it...thank you."
He said as he sat on the floor and examined the machine.

He sagged in the chair, then broke into a slow grin, "Thank you, Sir. Oh, this is a relief, please convey my gratitude to the good Master Telar.

"I will do so Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry replied he was clearly not thrilled about getting a vampire Custos in the Chantry but he would trust your vision and accept it.

Oh, and some other good news; that piece of proof I mentioned Shawn has? It contains some thirty-plus drams of Tass, of quite excellent quality. The Chantry will get some of that to help offset the current slight deficit after the Node issues here. You'll have to extricate it, though. Call it a fringe benefit of having him in the family."

"Interesting thirty drams that is a fortune, a bit of a boost to our Tass stores would be welcome if we need to defend the Chantry. Well then we can discuss that when your group return home and I want you to do so as soon as possible, until this situation is solves I do not want you out there where you are vulnerable to attack."
The Chief replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:33 pm

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Hum...I ehm..."
Shawn said but he did look into the chair, still a bit shaken but he got a bit of a smile for a moment when he saw the little gaming machine, he picked it up and checked it for damage."
Colin smiled and winked to Shawn, "You were quite attached to it, after all..."

Anja wrote:"Interesting thirty drams that is a fortune, a bit of a boost to our Tass stores would be welcome if we need to defend the Chantry. Well then we can discuss that when your group return home and I want you to do so as soon as possible, until this situation is solves I do not want you out there where you are vulnerable to attack."
The Chief replied.
He nodded, "I concur; I believe Miss Bouchard and Adley have already gone off to meet Miss Day to confer with a contact; which leaves us to either wait for another car, or have Madame Gottschalk take us through the Umbra. Your call, Sir."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:51 pm

[Villa]

Colin smiled and winked to Shawn, "You were quite attached to it, after all..."

"I...was it was a favored possession."
Shawn said and he rubbed some steins of the screen with the sleeve of his shirt. You notice a tiny little, pixilated space ship/car who was driving around the machine, it's awakened spirit, just a tiny little gaffling but there non the less. Shawn however did not see the colorful little being who slid across the surface of his machine.
"So thank you again Sir I really appreciate it."
Shawn said before he checked if a game had been left in the machine.

He nodded, "I concur; I believe Miss Bouchard and Adley have already gone off to meet Miss Day to confer with a contact; which leaves us to either wait for another car, or have Madame Gottschalk take us through the Umbra. Your call, Sir."

"Miss Day have left the Chantry? Hum I hope she took someone with her."
Jeffry said.
"I have already sent a car for your group it should be at the villa fairly soon."
The old Hermetic said.
"I sent them as soon as I heard back from Master Telar about the boy's blood."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:02 pm

[Villa]

Anja wrote:"That would be really cool if you want to do so Sir, but you do not have to go to any trouble for me."
Shawn said a bit nervously he did not want to be a bother.

"Oh I want to do magick all the time. The real question is whether your ok with me doing it." Serge explained. "My main spells particularly deal with messing around with people's minds. Getting people to see things that aren't there. I could show you anything you've ever wanted to see. A flock of birds headed for the winter. The stars in the night sky. Hell, I could make the furniture start dancing to cool 70's disco music. Would you be ok with me doing something like that?"

Anja wrote:"A mage who can turn into a bear Sir? That is amazing."
Shawn replied then he considered for a moment.
"Hum...let me think for a moment...a half animal half human bottle form right? Perhaps a sloth, they are slow but they have these really long claws."
The boy replied.
"Plus I already pretty much sleep all day."
He said with another hint of a smile which quickly vanished, but it was there for a second.
Colin wrote:He grinned, "I know a Mage who becomes an owl from time to time. In fact, his son is the owl who hangs around my apartment. As for me... I think I'd be a werebadger. And I mean a British badger, not the American variant."
He winked to Serge, "You know, the sort that looks like it is about to invite you in for tea and a biscuit."

"Those are some neat choices. You know what'd be cool. If the weresloths battleform had an ability to make everyone around them extremely sleepy." Serge suggested.  "As for me, I think I'd go with lion. Just the thought of half-human half lion monster form sounds fucking amazing. A majestic mane and a powerful roar to subdue enemies. Be king of the beasts! Technically I could also sleep all day as well, if what I know about lion society is correct."

Anja wrote:"I guess that is the way with our kind as well Sir, those who know telepathy or who are of Clans known to be good at it are often feared, they would fear that the telepaths would read the secrets out of their heads."
Shawn said and nodded.
"If I had been a real Toreador and not Thin Blooded eventually I would learn Telepathy I guess, most Toreadors do I am told."
The boy seamed a bit sad over the fact he would never be accepted by his Clan.

"Man I'm not that scary. I don't want to read secrets, I just want to play the final fantasy victory music inside everyone's head from time to time." Serge said with a sigh. "Toreadors are the fancy artistic vampire right? Sounds like the clan I'd be in if things had turned out differently."

Colin wrote:He nodded, then arched an eyebrow at Serge, "I never said you wouldn't be privy to that exchange. You are important for it, too. But I'd just rather not speak it aloud here, for now; the privacy of a telepathic chat would be far preferable, and might allow me to share sensory memories, too."

"Really? I thought you just wanted it to be between you guys." Serge said looking surprised.

"Well if your both ok with connecting minds, just stare into each others eyes and start playing rock-paper-scissors." he continued, his methods of getting people connected getting more and more convoluted each time he had to do it.

Colin wrote:He flicked the PSP out of thin air and in Serge's direction with a momentarily surprised twitch, then looked down and pulled out the phone, "Ah, sorry, Shawn, it's the Chief."
Anja wrote:Shawn gave a squeak when the PSP suddenly came flying at him, it landed in the chair he had been sitting in but the young vampire had already thrown himself to the floor to avoid the thing tossed towards him.
"O...ok Sir."
Colin wrote:He grimaced, "Bugger, sorry, Shawn, that was not intentional... Look in the chair, it was meant to be a present."
Anja wrote:"Hum...I ehm..."
Colin wrote:Colin smiled and winked to Shawn, "You were quite attached to it, after all..."
Anja wrote:"I...was it was a favored possession."
Shawn said and he rubbed some steins of the screen with the sleeve of his shirt. You notice a tiny little, pixilated space ship/car who was driving around the machine, it's awakened spirit, just a tiny little gaffling but there non the less. Shawn however did not see the colorful little being who slid across the surface of his machine.

Serge jumped a little when the psp came out of nowhere but smiled when he saw Shawn reunited with his long lost console. "Man I should've thought of doing that. Smart idea Mr. Wainwight. Hey Shawn, how many games did you have for that console? We're gonna need to teleport all of them in as well."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:52 pm

[Villa]

"Serious enough yes, though I am not sure much can be done even if that attention is given, but the situation are...complicated and dangerous and seeing that you saved her life, I thought you should know and also be warned."
Michael said and the Akashic sounded quite concerned.

He frowned to himself and paced in place, as he listened. This was going from bad to worse. "What would you suggest, then? I can get assistance with this matter from trustworthy people. Especially if we need to act quickly."

// Sorry I was busy yesterday night

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:56 pm

[Villa]

"Oh I want to do magick all the time. The real question is whether your ok with me doing it." Serge explained. "My main spells particularly deal with messing around with people's minds. Getting people to see things that aren't there. I could show you anything you've ever wanted to see. A flock of birds headed for the winter. The stars in the night sky. Hell, I could make the furniture start dancing to cool 70's disco music. Would you be ok with me doing something like that?"

Shawn considered for a moment then he nodded.
"Yeah that would be fine Sir seeing illusions and such. I do not like it when older vampires make me do things against my own free will or make me feel things I am not really feelings, you know controlling my mind that is not something I like but just seeing illusions should be no problem."
He said not used to be asked about anything and he looked at you for a moment before looking down again.

"Those are some neat choices. You know what'd be cool. If the weresloths battleform had an ability to make everyone around them extremely sleepy." Serge suggested.  "As for me, I think I'd go with lion. Just the thought of half-human half lion monster form sounds fucking amazing. A majestic mane and a powerful roar to subdue enemies. Be king of the beasts! Technically I could also sleep all day as well, if what I know about lion society is correct."

"Yeah perhaps they could make mattresses magically appear and toss them at their enemies and then the enemies have to fall asleep on the mattresses and we could call the attack futon torpedoes."
Shawn agreed.
"I don't know actually I do not know that much about lions Sir."
He said sounding apologetic.

"Man I'm not that scary. I don't want to read secrets, I just want to play the final fantasy victory music inside everyone's head from time to time." Serge said with a sigh. "Toreadors are the fancy artistic vampire right? Sounds like the clan I'd be in if things had turned out differently."

"That would be pretty fun Sir, so you finish doing the dishes and the final fantasy victory music sounds, but I guess some of our elders would not be so happy about it."
The young vampire replied.
"Yeah the Toreadors are artists, they love well art and pretty things and get lost in whatever type of art they love and go into trances."
Shawn said and he scratched his head.
"I do not know a ton of stuff about them though."

Well if your both ok with connecting minds, just stare into each others eyes and start playing rock-paper-scissors." he continued, his methods of getting people connected getting more and more convoluted each time he had to do it.

Shawn hesitated a bit he did not protest but Colin who had more experience with vampires probably will guess that among their kind staring another person right in the eyes are considered rather rude the boy hooked uneasy not really knowing what he should do.

Serge jumped a little when the psp came out of nowhere but smiled when he saw Shawn reunited with his long lost console. "Man I should've thought of doing that. Smart idea Mr. Wainwight. Hey Shawn, how many games did you have for that console? We're gonna need to teleport all of them in as well."

"I had eleven games, one of them are in the machine, but really Sir I am happy just to get the machine back. I am sure your magick comes with some sort of cost I would not ask for anything more."
The young vampire said quickly as he took the game out to check on it's condition as well.

He frowned to himself and paced in place, as he listened. This was going from bad to worse. "What would you suggest, then? I can get assistance with this matter from trustworthy people. Especially if we need to act quickly."

"I am not sure, I am heading to Steelhaven now to discuss the matter with your teacher he is a better tactician than me, but I do fear the life of the woman you saved is still in danger and we need her alive, getting her out of Riverside somehow are probably the first move but I am not sure how to do that considering what is going on."
Michael said sounding a bit stressed.

(OOC: And speaking of that I forgot about this but Colin teleported that PSP in from outside of the villa's reality zone so while the one who had it was a ghoul so it is not witnessed it is still vulgar so here you go one handy dandy Paradox point.)

(OOC: Do not worry about it Strife real life comes first.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:02 pm

[Villa]

"I am not sure, I am heading to Steelhaven now to discuss the matter with your teacher he is a better tactician than me, but I do fear the life of the woman you saved is still in danger and we need her alive, getting her out of Riverside somehow are probably the first move but I am not sure how to do that considering what is going on."
Michael said sounding a bit stressed.

"Is there someone there with them that is trustworthy? No names, just...trying to see what to do..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:44 pm

[Villa]

"Yes there is but I am not sure how long they can protect the one I talk about. I do not know how many there are who can not be trusted that is the problem"
Michael said sounding upset there might be someone not trust worthy at his home Chantry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:56 pm

[Villa]
Jeremy wrote:"Man I'm not that scary. I don't want to read secrets, I just want to play the final fantasy victory music inside everyone's head from time to time." Serge said with a sigh. "Toreadors are the fancy artistic vampire right? Sounds like the clan I'd be in if things had turned out differently."
Anja wrote:"That would be pretty fun Sir, so you finish doing the dishes and the final fantasy victory music sounds, but I guess some of our elders would not be so happy about it."
"Yeah the Toreadors are artists, they love well art and pretty things and get lost in whatever type of art they love and go into trances."
Colin shook his head, "Prying into someone's mind unbidden, whether to give them an earworm or to look at what's inside, is not allowed. It's not about whether you steal secrets in there or not, it's about the violation of the sanctity of their minds. Think of it like breaking into someone's apartment. It doesn't matter whether you steal an umbrella or leave twenty dollars on the table, you still broke into the apartment. Playing the fanfare instead would be legally safer..."

Jeremy wrote:"Really? I thought you just wanted it to be between you guys." Serge said looking surprised.

"Well if your both ok with connecting minds, just stare into each others eyes and start playing rock-paper-scissors." he continued, his methods of getting people connected getting more and more convoluted each time he had to do it.
Anja wrote:Shawn hesitated a bit he did not protest but Colin who had more experience with vampires probably will guess that among their kind staring another person right in the eyes are considered rather rude the boy hooked uneasy not really knowing what he should do.
He shook his head, not meeting Shawn's gaze, "Not until I've checked Shawn for connections... and no locking eyes with him. It's one of the things you're never supposed to do with a vampire, both as a precaution and as a courtesy."

Anja wrote:"I...was it was a favored possession."
Jeremy wrote:Serge jumped a little when the psp came out of nowhere but smiled when he saw Shawn reunited with his long lost console. "Man I should've thought of doing that. Smart idea Mr. Wainwight. Hey Shawn, how many games did you have for that console? We're gonna need to teleport all of them in as well."
Anja wrote:"I had eleven games, one of them are in the machine, but really Sir I am happy just to get the machine back. I am sure your magick comes with some sort of cost I would not ask for anything more."
The young vampire said quickly as he took the game out to check on it's condition as well.
He smiled thinly and shook his head, "There was a connection to trace to the console itself, but the games he had... I'm sorry, but I could not find any strong enough attachments to those. However, getting new copies should not be particularly difficult, I think. Also, there's a tiny, awakened machine spirit hovering around it; I can show you that later, too."

Anja wrote:"Miss Day have left the Chantry? Hum I hope she took someone with her."
Jeffry said.
"I have already sent a car for your group it should be at the villa fairly soon."
The old Hermetic said.
"I sent them as soon as I heard back from Master Telar about the boy's blood."
He nodded, then frowned, "You weren't told? Bugger, I'd though the warning should have been disseminated throughout the Chantry by now... Well, nothing I can do about that now, and I'm sure Miss Bouchard can help protect her if necessary... Right, I will let Madame Gottschalk know we're almost ready to head home, once the car arrives. I trust there's room for the four of us?"

((OOC: Aww, stupid Paradox. Worth it, though. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:05 pm

[Villa]

"Yes there is but I am not sure how long they can protect the one I talk about. I do not know how many there are who can not be trusted that is the problem"
Michael said sounding upset there might be someone not trust worthy at his home Chantry.

"Understood. Let me know what I can do, in the meantime. I know this is not a secure line...perhaps we can arrange a pit stop."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:06 pm

[Villa]

Anja wrote:Shawn considered for a moment then he nodded.
"Yeah that would be fine Sir seeing illusions and such. I do not like it when older vampires make me do things against my own free will or make me feel things I am not really feelings, you know controlling my mind that is not something I like but just seeing illusions should be no problem."
He said not used to be asked about anything and he looked at you for a moment before looking down again.

"Alright then Shawn." he said with a smile. "What's something you've always wanted to see?"

Anja wrote:"Yeah perhaps they could make mattresses magically appear and toss them at their enemies and then the enemies have to fall asleep on the mattresses and we could call the attack futon torpedoes."
Shawn agreed.
"I don't know actually I do not know that much about lions Sir."
He said sounding apologetic.

"Futon torpedos. That's an amazing idea. You know what else they should also have. A time slowing aura around them, to make everyone else as slothful as them. We can call it naptime." he said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"That would be pretty fun Sir, so you finish doing the dishes and the final fantasy victory music sounds, but I guess some of our elders would not be so happy about it."
Colin wrote:Colin shook his head, "Prying into someone's mind unbidden, whether to give them an earworm or to look at what's inside, is not allowed. It's not about whether you steal secrets in there or not, it's about the violation of the sanctity of their minds. Think of it like breaking into someone's apartment. It doesn't matter whether you steal an umbrella or leave twenty dollars on the table, you still broke into the apartment. Playing the fanfare instead would be legally safer..."

"I'm pretty sure I would break a couple laws if I did do that that. Oh well, I can still play it in my head. They don't know what their missing out on." he said, taking some time to hum the victory tune softly to himself.

"Toreador's go into trances as well? Huh...their starting to sound more and more like my group of mages. We tend to go into trances as well. Not to mention get lost in whatever addiction we're pursuing at the moment."

Colin wrote:He shook his head, not meeting Shawn's gaze, "Not until I've checked Shawn for connections... and no locking eyes with him. It's one of the things you're never supposed to do with a vampire, both as a precaution and as a courtesy."

"Really? Huh, didn't know that." Serge said sounding intrigued.

Anja wrote:"I had eleven games, one of them are in the machine, but really Sir I am happy just to get the machine back. I am sure your magick comes with some sort of cost I would not ask for anything more."
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly and shook his head, "There was a connection to trace to the console itself, but the games he had... I'm sorry, but I could not find any strong enough attachments to those. However, getting new copies should not be particularly difficult, I think. Also, there's a tiny, awakened machine spirit hovering around it; I can show you that later, too."

"I could probably get them. I already made the mistake of not getting those chains off you sooner. I need to make up for that." Serge said, pulling out his notepad, coal sticks, and his phone. "There are a lot of arcane connections out there. Shawn, what games did you have exactly?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:40 pm

[Villa]

[quote]He shook his head, not meeting Shawn's gaze, "Not until I've checked Shawn for connections... and no locking eyes with him. It's one of the things you're never supposed to do with a vampire, both as a precaution and as a courtesy."

[quote]"Really? Huh, didn't know that." Serge said sounding intrigued.

"It is complicated Sir, first of all the power that let you control the minds of others require eye contact so not looking someone directly into the eyes is a way to not get controlled or threaten to control someone. But it is more to it than that, you see that power only works on a weaker vampire so if you look someone straight in the eyes that is basically either saying, I will control your mind and be brazen about it or saying you are so much weaker than me I do not even have to be careful, and both are quite rude."
Shawn explained softly.

He smiled thinly and shook his head, "There was a connection to trace to the console itself, but the games he had... I'm sorry, but I could not find any strong enough attachments to those. However, getting new copies should not be particularly difficult, I think. Also, there's a tiny, awakened machine spirit hovering around it; I can show you that later, too."

"Yeah I mean I never had much cash after I went on the run so in order to play new games at times I trades the ones I had I never had as strong a connection to those as the machine itself Sir and just the machine is fine I am grateful."
The young vampire said quickly.
"Really a machine spirit? In my gaming machine?"
He said and he looked around the machine wide eyed.
"How did that get there?"

"Alright then Shawn." he said with a smile. "What's something you've always wanted to see?"

Shawn thought for a moment.
"What about some JRPG slimes running around Sir if it is not to much trouble."
The boy asked and he glanced up at Serge though avoiding his eyes.

"Futon torpedos. That's an amazing idea. You know what else they should also have. A time slowing aura around them, to make everyone else as slothful as them. We can call it naptime." he said with a smile.

"Sounds like we have a plan then."
The boy said sounding amused for a moment but then he remembered himself and looked down.

"Toreador's go into trances as well? Huh...their starting to sound more and more like my group of mages. We tend to go into trances as well. Not to mention get lost in whatever addiction we're pursuing at the moment."

"Sounds somewhat similar then Sir and yeah the Toreador go into trances. I hear a few have died when they where so lost in their art that they forgot the sun was coming up. I only have a touch of it though, but enough to get rather focused at times."
Shawn replied with a nod.

"I could probably get them. I already made the mistake of not getting those chains off you sooner. I need to make up for that." Serge said, pulling out his notepad, coal sticks, and his phone. "There are a lot of arcane connections out there. Shawn, what games did you have exactly?"

"You do not owe me anything Sir you have been nothing but kind to me."
Shawn protested but he never the less gave a list of games which included five JRPGs, three plattformers, two Wipeout racing games and the puzzle game everyone had for their PSP Luminus.
"Wipeout Pulse is in the machine Sir."
The boy continued.
"So it's cover would be empty."

"Understood. Let me know what I can do, in the meantime. I know this is not a secure line...perhaps we can arrange a pit stop."

"I can not say much, as you said the line is not secure but a put stop might be useful, I am not sure what you can do, but be aware that there are danger at my Chantry so be careful, it is however important we get the wounded woman and her cat out of there for her testimony until the treacherous elements have been dealt with."
The Aakanic said clearly upset and sad over such issues at his home.
"This is a dark day indeed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:10 pm

[Villa]
Jeremy wrote:"I'm pretty sure I would break a couple laws if I did do that that. Oh well, I can still play it in my head. They don't know what their missing out on." he said, taking some time to hum the victory tune softly to himself.

Anja wrote:"Sounds somewhat similar then Sir and yeah the Toreador go into trances. I hear a few have died when they where so lost in their art that they forgot the sun was coming up. I only have a touch of it though, but enough to get rather focused at times."
Colin frowned, "Not the exact same thing, I think - from what I'm told, Toreadors get entranced, unwillingly as likely as willingly, by the things they find beautiful, whether art, music, aromas, or even martial arts performances, and so on, while Cultists actively seek out their trances. As for the music, you can still play it mundanely or magically, you just can't get away with creating the music in people's minds. Placing it in their ear canals is perfectly fine."

Jeremy wrote:"Really? Huh, didn't know that." Serge said sounding intrigued.
Anja wrote:"It is complicated Sir, first of all the power that let you control the minds of others require eye contact so not looking someone directly into the eyes is a way to not get controlled or threaten to control someone. But it is more to it than that, you see that power only works on a weaker vampire so if you look someone straight in the eyes that is basically either saying, I will control your mind and be brazen about it or saying you are so much weaker than me I do not even have to be careful, and both are quite rude."
Shawn explained softly.
He nodded, "It's a little like how you're not supposed to meet the eyes of an aggressive animal - it's a very primal way of trying to assert dominance, and not everyone will think you can back that up..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I mean I never had much cash after I went on the run so in order to play new games at times I trades the ones I had I never had as strong a connection to those as the machine itself Sir and just the machine is fine I am grateful."
The young vampire said quickly.
"Really a machine spirit? In my gaming machine?"
He said and he looked around the machine wide eyed.
"How did that get there?"
He shrugged with a smile, "One of two ways, most likely - either the machine was unusually well made; perfect components, flawless soldering, and so on, or you loved and treated the machine so well it Awakened in response to that. Honestly, that doesn't really matter, but you treat that well, and you'll likely get quite a few more years out of it than the manufacturer would expect it to last."

Jeremy wrote:"I could probably get them. I already made the mistake of not getting those chains off you sooner. I need to make up for that." Serge said, pulling out his notepad, coal sticks, and his phone. "There are a lot of arcane connections out there. Shawn, what games did you have exactly?"
Anja wrote:"You do not owe me anything Sir you have been nothing but kind to me."
Shawn protested but he never the less gave a list of games which included five JRPGs, three plattformers, two Wipeout racing games and the puzzle game everyone had for their PSP Luminus.
The boy continued.
He frowned, then nodded, "Just be careful about Paradox - I got a little from retrieving the console, and that one had a reasonably strong link. The games... I'm afraid those bonds were slightly on the flimsier side, if they were even there. It's a bit like in my kitchen, I've got strong links to my various cooking utensils and pots and pans - but not the pot lids. It's a bit of an oddity, but I don't have quite the attachment to those that I do to the pots they belong to. It'll probably be safer to just ask Jon or Freddy to lend a hand in scrounging up new copies."
He looked at Shawn, "That console stores saved games on the machine, rather than on the game itself, doesn't it?"

((OOC: Did you forget Morgan's response?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:47 pm

[Villa]

Anja wrote:"It is complicated Sir, first of all the power that let you control the minds of others require eye contact so not looking someone directly into the eyes is a way to not get controlled or threaten to control someone. But it is more to it than that, you see that power only works on a weaker vampire so if you look someone straight in the eyes that is basically either saying, I will control your mind and be brazen about it or saying you are so much weaker than me I do not even have to be careful, and both are quite rude."
Shawn explained softly.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "It's a little like how you're not supposed to meet the eyes of an aggressive animal - it's a very primal way of trying to assert dominance, and not everyone will think you can back that up..."

"I've always seen it as a sign of trust and confidence. Also a good way of letting you know what people are thinking. Thought I have learned about the 'dominance' nature that could be attributed to eye contact. Don't think I could ever use it like that though." Serge mused.

Anja wrote:Shawn thought for a moment.
"What about some JRPG slimes running around Sir if it is not to much trouble."
The boy asked and he glanced up at Serge though avoiding his eyes.

"Ask and you shall receive." Serge said bowing deeply pretending as if he was the genie from Aladdin. "Just remember. The more you want to see it the clearer it will be."

Serge opened up his phone and went on a small drawing app he had install. Using his fingers he quickly drew the dragon quest slime, likely the most famous slime in all of JRPG history, and the most friendly looking one.

He then placed the phone to his ear as if he was calling someone and said, "Yo! Slime. Haven't heard from you in a long time man. I got a buddy here who wants to see you. Yeah, come right over man. Bring the whole family!"

As he spoke he imagined an army of slimes, with their large eyes and warm smile, sprouting from all the hidden corners and doorways of the living room and wondering around the main room they were in, going towards Shawn and giving him a friendly nod from time to time. He willed those thoughts through the drawing in his picture and then into Shawn's mind so he could see exactly what he wanted.

Anja wrote:"Sounds like we have a plan then."
The boy said sounding amused for a moment but then he remembered himself and looked down.

"I'll get to work drawing that as soon as I can get my hands on my sketchbook." he said with a smile. "The weresloth should also have an increased healing rate when sleeping. Being able to come back from the brink of death in seconds just by sleeping."

Anja wrote:"Sounds somewhat similar then Sir and yeah the Toreador go into trances. I hear a few have died when they where so lost in their art that they forgot the sun was coming up. I only have a touch of it though, but enough to get rather focused at times."
Colin wrote:Colin frowned, "Not the exact same thing, I think - from what I'm told, Toreadors get entranced, unwillingly as likely as willingly, by the things they find beautiful, whether art, music, aromas, or even martial arts performances, and so on, while Cultists actively seek out their trances. As for the music, you can still play it mundanely or magically, you just can't get away with creating the music in people's minds. Placing it in their ear canals is perfectly fine."

"Dying because you were too focused on doing something. Man I can relate. I once watched 10 seasons of the Simpsons straight without eating or sleeping." he said as if that was a normal thing for a person to do. "Well I guess I that's not too accurate. I didn't die. But I know what it's like to be laser focused on something."

Anja wrote:"You do not owe me anything Sir you have been nothing but kind to me."
The boy continued.
Colin wrote:He frowned, then nodded, "Just be careful about Paradox - I got a little from retrieving the console, and that one had a reasonably strong link. The games... I'm afraid those bonds were slightly on the flimsier side, if they were even there. It's a bit like in my kitchen, I've got strong links to my various cooking utensils and pots and pans - but not the pot lids. It's a bit of an oddity, but I don't have quite the attachment to those that I do to the pots they belong to. It'll probably be safer to just ask Jon or Freddy to lend a hand in scrounging up new copies."
He looked at Shawn, "That console stores saved games on the machine, rather than on the game itself, doesn't it?"

"I don't like the idea of just replacing them. That's like replacing a young girl's teddy bear she's had all her life. These are games belonged to Shawn. These ones are the ones given to him. Unique to him. They belonged to him in happier times. These games are the things that brought him joy, not some cheap copy that belonged to someone else. I'm willing to suffer a bit of dox to get those back." he said shaking his head.

He drew furiously, depicting Shawn as a character within each of those games. As a warrior in the JRPG games fighting alongside the other main characters, or jumping across platforms in the wacky areas of the platformers, or cruising down the road in a bat themed car in the racing game.

When he finished one picture he placed it on the ground, in such a way that when all the pictures were finished they formed a circle on the ground.

"I need one more thing from you Shawn. Those games aren't just pieces of silicon to be replaced. Their your games. They brought you countless hours of joy. I need you to remember how happy you were when you played those games. Whether it was that joy you got when you first bought the game, or the triumphant exhilaration you got from clearing a level or beating a boss." he asked as he drew nonstop.

(OOC: Mind 3 effect to for a shared illusion between Serge and Shawn of dragon quest slimes sliming around the living room. Just doing sight for but any extra successes will go towards other senses.

Arete Roll: 3, 6, 7, 4 - 2, 4, 2, 5)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:57 am

[Villa]

Colin's Post:

'Yeah. And he's one of the reasons why.'

Colin's Post:

'What is this, second grade field trip? You gonna make us all carry scissors in plastic tubs next?' Nicole replied, while waiting for the phone to be answered.

Anja's Post:

'Just one question. You going with backup, or flying solo?'

[Well it's obvious. Adley the Warlock, Serge the Rose and Nicole the Brujah. Question is - what's Colin?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:29 am

[Villa]

"I can not say much, as you said the line is not secure but a put stop might be useful, I am not sure what you can do, but be aware that there are danger at my Chantry so be careful, it is however important we get the wounded woman and her cat out of there for her testimony until the treacherous elements have been dealt with."
The Aakanic said clearly upset and sad over such issues at his home.
"This is a dark day indeed."

"Alright, agreed. We'll catch up and figure something out soon." He waited until he hung up and then texted Colin: 'I need to talk to you, can you come out here?'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:15 am

[Villa]

He nodded, then frowned, "You weren't told? Bugger, I'd though the warning should have been disseminated throughout the Chantry by now... Well, nothing I can do about that now, and I'm sure Miss Bouchard can help protect her if necessary... Right, I will let Madame Gottschalk know we're almost ready to head home, once the car arrives. I trust there's room for the four of us?"

"I was not told at all, and yes a warning have been spread but some think taking a drive on their own is safe enough I will have a talk with Miss Day when she returns to Steelhaven. But yes hopefully Miss Bouchard can indeed protect her. Very well you let Miss Gottchalk know and yes there should be room for all of you. I sent Mr Bridges truck there should be plenty of room."
Jeffry replied.

Colin frowned, "Not the exact same thing, I think - from what I'm told, Toreadors get entranced, unwillingly as likely as willingly, by the things they find beautiful, whether art, music, aromas, or even martial arts performances, and so on, while Cultists actively seek out their trances. As for the music, you can still play it mundanely or magically, you just can't get away with creating the music in people's minds. Placing it in their ear canals is perfectly fine."

"I see Sir."
Shawn replied simply.

He nodded, "It's a little like how you're not supposed to meet the eyes of an aggressive animal - it's a very primal way of trying to assert dominance, and not everyone will think you can back that up..."

"Yes very much so Sir and off course it is also about showing respect to those around you."
The young vampire said.
"Telling someone you consider them to be no threat is not usually a good idea."

He shrugged with a smile, "One of two ways, most likely - either the machine was unusually well made; perfect components, flawless soldering, and so on, or you loved and treated the machine so well it Awakened in response to that. Honestly, that doesn't really matter, but you treat that well, and you'll likely get quite a few more years out of it than the manufacturer would expect it to last."

"That is so cool Sir. And yes I have taken good care of the machine both before and after I was Embraced and had to go on the run."
Shawn said and he gave the machine a fond pat.
"Is there really a little spirit around it Sir? Perhaps that is why the machine feel like an old friend."

He frowned, then nodded, "Just be careful about Paradox - I got a little from retrieving the console, and that one had a reasonably strong link. The games... I'm afraid those bonds were slightly on the flimsier side, if they were even there. It's a bit like in my kitchen, I've got strong links to my various cooking utensils and pots and pans - but not the pot lids. It's a bit of an oddity, but I don't have quite the attachment to those that I do to the pots they belong to. It'll probably be safer to just ask Jon or Freddy to lend a hand in scrounging up new copies."

"What is Paradox Sir?"
Shawn asked as he was still inspecting the machine.
"Yeah I feel the same way the games are expendable the machine is not and yes all the save data is on the machine not on the disc thingies the games come on."

"I've always seen it as a sign of trust and confidence. Also a good way of letting you know what people are thinking. Thought I have learned about the 'dominance' nature that could be attributed to eye contact. Don't think I could ever use it like that though." Serge mused.

"It is a sign of trust among us as well but not the kind of trust you give everyone around you. Look at it like this Sir, let us say you have some horrible experience, sharing that by telling a good friend is trust but if you just lay it on a stranger it will just be weird. Also among vampire no one would want others to know what they are thinking Sir."
The boy explained.

"Ask and you shall receive." Serge said bowing deeply pretending as if he was the genie from Aladdin. "Just remember. The more you want to see it the clearer it will be."

Serge opened up his phone and went on a small drawing app he had install. Using his fingers he quickly drew the dragon quest slime, likely the most famous slime in all of JRPG history, and the most friendly looking one.

He then placed the phone to his ear as if he was calling someone and said, "Yo! Slime. Haven't heard from you in a long time man. I got a buddy here who wants to see you. Yeah, come right over man. Bring the whole family!"

As he spoke he imagined an army of slimes, with their large eyes and warm smile, sprouting from all the hidden corners and doorways of the living room and wondering around the main room they were in, going towards Shawn and giving him a friendly nod from time to time. He willed those thoughts through the drawing in his picture and then into Shawn's mind so he could see exactly what he wanted.

Shawn nodded and did as instructed, as you cast your spell he looked around and gasped, he almost smiled against as he looked around at something none but he and Serge could see.
"Ohh...they are right there, like being in the game, they look like I could reach out and touch one."
He exclaimed happily.
"They are so cute...thank you Sir."
The boy said and he did the hand gesture usually used to try to get a cat to come over towards one of the slimes before he reminded himself they where not real and looked a bit embarrassed and stopped.
"So real."

"I'll get to work drawing that as soon as I can get my hands on my sketchbook." he said with a smile. "The weresloth should also have an increased healing rate when sleeping. Being able to come back from the brink of death in seconds just by sleeping."

"Like in many games where resting heal you Sir?"
Shawn asked.
"Yeah that would fit."

"Dying because you were too focused on doing something. Man I can relate. I once watched 10 seasons of the Simpsons straight without eating or sleeping." he said as if that was a normal thing for a person to do. "Well I guess I that's not too accurate. I didn't die. But I know what it's like to be laser focused on something."

"There was this Toreador Elder, a Primogen of her city who had plotted against her Prince and lost, she was to be executed but because of her status she was allowed to choose the method, she choose sunlight and to be allowed to see her favorite painting one last time, she stood by the window admiring the painting, she was not restrained though the Prince's ghouls was ready to do so if need be, and she got lost in the painting until the sun came up and claimed her, a bit of ash from her dying form got stuck on the painting and they never got it of as if she became a part of her favorite piece of work in death."
Shawn said his eyes glossed over as if he was not aware of what he was saying.

I don't like the idea of just replacing them. That's like replacing a young girl's teddy bear she's had all her life. These are games belonged to Shawn. These ones are the ones given to him. Unique to him. They belonged to him in happier times. These games are the things that brought him joy, not some cheap copy that belonged to someone else. I'm willing to suffer a bit of dox to get those back." he said shaking his head.

He drew furiously, depicting Shawn as a character within each of those games. As a warrior in the JRPG games fighting alongside the other main characters, or jumping across platforms in the wacky areas of the platformers, or cruising down the road in a bat themed car in the racing game.

When he finished one picture he placed it on the ground, in such a way that when all the pictures were finished they formed a circle on the ground.

"I need one more thing from you Shawn. Those games aren't just pieces of silicon to be replaced. Their your games. They brought you countless hours of joy. I need you to remember how happy you were when you played those games. Whether it was that joy you got when you first bought the game, or the triumphant exhilaration you got from clearing a level or beating a boss." he asked as he drew nonstop.

"But if this Paradox that Mr Wainwright spoke about is dangerous Sir...I would not want you to be in danger for me Sir even if I want my games back."
Shawn said but he never the less closed his eyes and focused on his games, he had memories of each one, he had played through all of them several times as he could not afford to get new ones all the time.

Just one question. You going with backup, or flying solo?'

"Yeah I know they said not to but I am just driving and everyone is busy. I will face the Chief's lecture afterwards."
Henrietta said and sigh.

"Alright, agreed. We'll catch up and figure something out soon." He waited until he hung up and then texted Colin: 'I need to talk to you, can you come out here?'

"We will and remember be very careful, you spoke with her familiar so our enemies might think you know something which might make you a target."
Michael said before he hung up.

(OOC: Yeah I am not sure what happened I forgot Jeffry's reply sorry.)
(OOC 2: Colin might make a good Ventrue. Serge though while he would make a good Toreador I think he is far more likely to be kidnapped by changeling. He would be a Dreamer after all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:33 am

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"Yes very much so Sir and off course it is also about showing respect to those around you."
The young vampire said.
"Telling someone you consider them to be no threat is not usually a good idea."
Jeremy wrote:"I've always seen it as a sign of trust and confidence. Also a good way of letting you know what people are thinking. Thought I have learned about the 'dominance' nature that could be attributed to eye contact. Don't think I could ever use it like that though." Serge mused.
Anja wrote:"It is a sign of trust among us as well but not the kind of trust you give everyone around you. Look at it like this Sir, let us say you have some horrible experience, sharing that by telling a good friend is trust but if you just lay it on a stranger it will just be weird. Also among vampire no one would want others to know what they are thinking Sir."
The boy explained.
Colin smiled wryly and nodded to Serge, "I'm inclined to agree with you, you could probably not assert dominance by looking someone in the eye... And there are few quicker ways to get attacked than being perceived as threatening someone's sense of superiority."

Nicole wrote:'What is this, second grade field trip? You gonna make us all carry scissors in plastic tubs next?' Nicole replied, while waiting for the phone to be answered.
He shook his head, "No, but knives and guns ought to be mandatory equipment. But that's really the Chief's decision, since it pertains to the whole Chantry, not just my Cabal..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Alright, agreed. We'll catch up and figure something out soon." He waited until he hung up and then texted Colin: 'I need to talk to you, can you come out here?'
He frowned and stalked out while Nicole was on the phone, "You're awake... what's the situation?"

Anja wrote:"That is so cool Sir. And yes I have taken good care of the machine both before and after I was Embraced and had to go on the run."
Shawn said and he gave the machine a fond pat.
"Is there really a little spirit around it Sir? Perhaps that is why the machine feel like an old friend."
He nodded, "Quite so, I can see a pixelated little vehicle skidding around it, having fun simply being itself. It's not a very powerful spirit, and probably not particularly intelligent, but it's there."

Anja wrote:"What is Paradox Sir?"
Shawn asked as he was still inspecting the machine.
"Yeah I feel the same way the games are expendable the machine is not and yes all the save data is on the machine not on the disc thingies the games come on."
He grimaced, "Ehhh, our magic pushes Reality aside. Some times, Reality snaps back, and it's sort of like having a rubber band snapped over your fingers. Using magic that really goes overboard with being impossible, however, is... liable to be punished more harshly. Simply pulling the games from one place to another like I did the console is probably not going to be particularly bad, unless someone is watching. Something like, say, making the sun rise at midnight, or turning the British Isles into a family of turtles, on the other hand... the Mage would probably not survive."

Jeremy wrote:"I don't like the idea of just replacing them. That's like replacing a young girl's teddy bear she's had all her life. These are games belonged to Shawn. These ones are the ones given to him. Unique to him. They belonged to him in happier times. These games are the things that brought him joy, not some cheap copy that belonged to someone else. I'm willing to suffer a bit of dox to get those back." he said shaking his head.

Anja wrote:"But if this Paradox that Mr Wainwright spoke about is dangerous Sir...I would not want you to be in danger for me Sir even if I want my games back."
Shawn said but he never the less closed his eyes and focused on his games, he had memories of each one, he had played through all of them several times as he could not afford to get new ones all the time.
He nodded, then smiled to Shawn, "The risk is small, and I actually do agree with my Cabalmate. His approach is better to assert the connection to the game collection than mine, and he stands a better chance of getting all the games than I do."

Anja wrote:"I was not told at all, and yes a warning have been spread but some think taking a drive on their own is safe enough I will have a talk with Miss Day when she returns to Steelhaven. But yes hopefully Miss Bouchard can indeed protect her. Very well you let Miss Gottchalk know and yes there should be room for all of you. I sent Mr Bridges truck there should be plenty of room."
Jeffry replied.
He nodded, "Very well, Sir. We'll see you soon."

He hung up and grinned, "Well, Shawn, the Security Chief has confirmed that your blood is completely harmless to Mages. He's sent a car and driver to get us, we should enjoy a slightly more comfortable ride home... I've got to find Madame Gottschalk and let her know, then we can... share a few thoughts and a story, alright?"

((OOC: Colin might indeed make a good Ventrue, but he might also be a very good fit for Dark Ages Brujah, so if he were Embraced by a single digit-generation Brujah, I suppose that could've worked. He'd be pretty peeved about the whole Avatar thing, though. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:08 am

[Villa]

Colin smiled wryly and nodded to Serge, "I'm inclined to agree with you, you could probably not assert dominance by looking someone in the eye... And there are few quicker ways to get attacked than being perceived as threatening someone's sense of superiority."

Shawn just nodded slightly at that.

He nodded, "Quite so, I can see a pixelated little vehicle skidding around it, having fun simply being itself. It's not a very powerful spirit, and probably not particularly intelligent, but it's there."

"That sounds so cute Sir...ehm forgive me for asking I do not want to be a bother, is there anything I can do to keep the little spirit happy? Do I need to feed it? What do spirits even eat? The Capo said ghosts eat emotions, is it like that Sir?"

He grimaced, "Ehhh, our magic pushes Reality aside. Some times, Reality snaps back, and it's sort of like having a rubber band snapped over your fingers. Using magic that really goes overboard with being impossible, however, is... liable to be punished more harshly. Simply pulling the games from one place to another like I did the console is probably not going to be particularly bad, unless someone is watching. Something like, say, making the sun rise at midnight, or turning the British Isles into a family of turtles, on the other hand... the Mage would probably not survive."

"You can really do that Sir? Turn a country into turtles and make the sun come up at midnight?"
The vampire said his jaw dropping.
"Sounds like the trope blessed with suck Sir, when the characters in a story have powers but the powers come with a heavy cost. I would not want Mr Yager to get hurt though he have been so kind to me."
The boy said and looked down.
"I do not want to be a bother Sir."

He nodded, then smiled to Shawn, "The risk is small, and I actually do agree with my Cabalmate. His approach is better to assert the connection to the game collection than mine, and he stands a better chance of getting all the games than I do."

"O...ok thank you then Sir I do appreciate it."
The young vampire muttered.
"What is a Cabal Sir?"
He asked as you said an unfamiliar word.

He nodded, "Very well, Sir. We'll see you soon."

"We will, and be careful."
Jeffry said before he hung up on the call.

He hung up and grinned, "Well, Shawn, the Security Chief has confirmed that your blood is completely harmless to Mages. He's sent a car and driver to get us, we should enjoy a slightly more comfortable ride home... I've got to find Madame Gottschalk and let her know, then we can... share a few thoughts and a story, alright?"

"That is good Sir, and the ride over was perfectly fine."
The boy said.
"Ok I will see you later then Sir should I just stay here with Mr Yager?"
Shawn asked.

(OOC: Yes older Brujah also want to change society for the better but they tend to not be anarcists, like with Dennis Lenoe he is a Brujah and he try to get social change by inspiering his students in the university. Also uf Colin was turned into a vampire Mia would be pissed, she would shatter but she can pull herself back together, get reborn and come back for some serious kick ass towards the unfortunate Sire.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:26 am

[Villa]
Anja wrote:"That sounds so cute Sir...ehm forgive me for asking I do not want to be a bother, is there anything I can do to keep the little spirit happy? Do I need to feed it? What do spirits even eat? The Capo said ghosts eat emotions, is it like that Sir?"
He smiled, "They eat Quintessence, mainly, much like vampires drink blood, if I'm not entirely mistaken. Greater spirits also get some strength from worship, and then there are spirits bound to certain emotions and states of mind who feed on those. For example, there are a few stress eaters at hospitals and at the airport here in Boston; they feed off the stress and worry of people passing by, and make for a great safety valve for travelers and next of kin alike... Hum, I might be able to coax this little guy into showing himself to you, too, for a little bit."

Anja wrote:"You can really do that Sir? Turn a country into turtles and make the sun come up at midnight?"
The vampire said his jaw dropping.
"Sounds like the trope blessed with suck Sir, when the characters in a story have powers but the powers come with a heavy cost. I would not want Mr Yager to get hurt though he have been so kind to me."
The boy said and looked down.
"I do not want to be a bother Sir."
He smiled wryly, "Well, I can't do that, but there are Magi who have that sort of strength. I don't know of any Mage with that little sense, though, it's not quite blessed with suck, since we can do some pretty preposterous things without blowing ourselves up in the process. It's not that the cost is heavy, so much as that it's cumulative. Sort of like if you have a bathtub where the hole in the bottom drains away a gallon per minute, and you fill the bathtub up at a rate of two gallons per minute... At some point, the bathtub will overflow, and you get more work than if you'd just stopped filling the tub for a little while to let it drain."

Anja wrote:"O...ok thank you then Sir I do appreciate it."
The young vampire muttered.
"What is a Cabal Sir?"
He asked as you said an unfamiliar word.
He smiled, "A Cabal is a group of Mages from varying Traditions who have decided to team up, rather like a group of friends who work well together. I'm sure vampires have something similar between the Clans."

Anja wrote:"That is good Sir, and the ride over was perfectly fine."
The boy said.
"Ok I will see you later then Sir should I just stay here with Mr Yager?"
Shawn asked.
He nodded, rising smoothly from the chair, "Quite, I should only be a few moments."

((OOC: I could picture it, Colin's there all brooding and depressed, and in comes this uppity little Mage driven to vengeance, and Colin just goes, "Oh, I thought I'd never see you again, it's been so long... Here, I'll lead the way. Do you know how to summon sunlight yet? Promise me you'll let me watch as you roast the bastard, and please don't kill me unless you can get my soul out of the hell I'm condemned to. If you could ask Lady Crexia Hermes for that one last favour, I'd appreciate it." Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:57 pm

[Villa]

He smiled, "They eat Quintessence, mainly, much like vampires drink blood, if I'm not entirely mistaken. Greater spirits also get some strength from worship, and then there are spirits bound to certain emotions and states of mind who feed on those. For example, there are a few stress eaters at hospitals and at the airport here in Boston; they feed off the stress and worry of people passing by, and make for a great safety valve for travelers and next of kin alike... Hum, I might be able to coax this little guy into showing himself to you, too, for a little bit."

"Hum...Quintessence that was the energy which was at the center of everything right? The basic building block of reality?"
Shawn asked.
"I would love to see that spirit, but only if it is ok for it...if that is fine with you Sir. I know what it feels like to just be used for what one can do, I would not want to do that to the spirit."

He smiled wryly, "Well, I can't do that, but there are Magi who have that sort of strength. I don't know of any Mage with that little sense, though, it's not quite blessed with suck, since we can do some pretty preposterous things without blowing ourselves up in the process. It's not that the cost is heavy, so much as that it's cumulative. Sort of like if you have a bathtub where the hole in the bottom drains away a gallon per minute, and you fill the bathtub up at a rate of two gallons per minute... At some point, the bathtub will overflow, and you get more work than if you'd just stopped filling the tub for a little while to let it drain."

The young boy thought for a moment then he nodded.
"That makes sense Sir."
He said.
"So you have to be careful with your magick but if you are careful you will be okey? Also it sounds like there are some really powerful mages out there."
He added sounding impressed.

He smiled, "A Cabal is a group of Mages from varying Traditions who have decided to team up, rather like a group of friends who work well together. I'm sure vampires have something similar between the Clans."

"We do Sir, if the group consist of only vampires of the same ehm...family like those Embraced by the same Sire then it is called a Brood but we do form groups across Clans as well and then it is called a Cotorie Sir. I always wished to be a member of one but who would want to bring a Thin Blooded into their Cotorie, that is like inviting the end to come."
Shawn muttered sadly.

He nodded, rising smoothly from the chair, "Quite, I should only be a few moments."

Shawn nodded again.
"I will stay right here Sir."
He promised.

(OOC: Well it would make for a good story of revenge, and Mia would not show mercy to someone who harmed her host in such a way when the host did not in her mind deserve it, even if she due to what she is might survive, probably would survive. Actually I think only the new version of Gilgul from Book of Secrets would be abe to destroy Mia the method from earlier editions used in our games I doubt would do much more that cut her out of Colin's soul if they can get past her defenses. And the Embrace would shatter her but the shards would get back together again given a bit of time. She is damn well near indestructible. However a vampire can not be a host to an Avatar so even if she survived she would simply be reborn again in a new host, so let us try to avoid that.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next