Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 22 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:10 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I see well that would suck but if it is to save your life can you not just not drink any more vampire blood once you are healed?"
Thomas replied.
"I am generally careful not to get injured, if I am hurt it is out of my control, oh and Dr Holden is a woman, Dr Cynthia Holden."
He informed you.
Colin shook his head, "The problem is that it's apparently more addictive than heroin, nicotine, and sugar combined..."

Anja wrote:"Huh...well I am not so sure I buy the idea of a curse or anything from the Bible but the idea that a generic trait gets weaker the further way from the progenitor it gets."
Thomas replied.
"So your Custos is a fairly weak vampire then?"
He nodded, "Weak, but with a remarkable ability nonetheless. But I did not adopt him into my family to take advantage of his powers."

Anja wrote:"The Computer as in the AI the Iteration X all but worship?"
Thomas asked raising an eyebrow.
"I just can't believe that Mr Wainwright. It is the greatest AI in the world!"
He nodded, "And Heylel Teomim was the greatest Alchemist to have ever lived, yet they still committed a betrayal against the Traditions so great, it's commemorated 545 years later. So much so, they're referred to as The Great Betrayer and Abomination, and if one so much as dares to wear white on Horizon in the month of November, which is the colour Teomim wore for their execution, one is liable to get beaten to within an inch of one's life. Greatness is what it is... but the coin has two sides. And the obverse can be... pretty awful. Besides, the damn thing eats Geniuses, and that makes it a threat to be dealt with, soon as we can."

Anja wrote:"Well shit!"
Jon said.
"That sand really hit him hard then..."
He muttered then he sigh.
"Well if anyone can get anything out of the prisoner it would be Serge and I guess the only thing we can do for him now is try to get him to sleep...do you think this ehm...damage is permanent Colin?"
The Virtual Adept asked he had paled a little.
He gave Jon a dark look, "Suffice to say, I fear it will be a bleak day in the Main Sentencing Hall when he's brought in, and nobody will be able to rinse out the gruesome aftertaste of it..."

((OOC: I'm sure the Virtual Adepts might give some giggling approval if you called it a Hierogram for Avatar Conservation in Kether... well, the acronym, at any rate. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 22 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:31 pm

[Nico's rooms]

"Hm, it seems that in fifteen minutes the planetary hour will change over to a more favorable one. That may work for us, then since it will take a few minutes to get ready."

"Hum...it sounds prudent to wait for fifteen minutes then, are we fitting the metal used for the disc to the planetary ruler of the hour? Or do we fit it to the Sepiroth we are placing the working in?"
Nico asked.
"For I can do either or."

"Did you need these books?" he asked.

"No but I might need your note to set things up the way you want them."
The rebis replied.

'Let us ajourn to your chambers then, Mr H if that is acceptable.'

You got a reply from Darrian which said.
"That words for me Mr RH."
And a message from Crexia which said.
"I will head over there then...which room number is Master Haagen's?"

[Basement]

Colin shook his head, "The problem is that it's apparently more addictive than heroin, nicotine, and sugar combined..."

"Oh shit...I better stay away from the stuff then!"
Thomas exlaimed his eyes growing wide.

He nodded, "Weak, but with a remarkable ability nonetheless. But I did not adopt him into my family to take advantage of his powers."

"I understand that Mr Wainwright...ehm...what powers do this vampire of yours have?"
The prisoner asked sounding curious.

He nodded, "And Heylel Teomim was the greatest Alchemist to have ever lived, yet they still committed a betrayal against the Traditions so great, it's commemorated 545 years later. So much so, they're referred to as The Great Betrayer and Abomination, and if one so much as dares to wear white on Horizon in the month of November, which is the colour Teomim wore for their execution, one is liable to get beaten to within an inch of one's life. Greatness is what it is... but the coin has two sides. And the obverse can be... pretty awful. Besides, the damn thing eats Geniuses, and that makes it a threat to be dealt with, soon as we can."

"Sure those who are great can also be criminals but you have presented no evidence that the Computer is this Moloch and before I believe one of the most powerful and respected Entities of the Technocratic Union are such a monster. I know it eats Geniuses and that is horrible but most Technocrats only see them as part of the brain and not something that is really eternal, so it is seen as a fair enough thing to do to a prisoner. I mean the Union do practice Genius deactivation if they capture someone who are considered to innocent to kill, but at the same time the other Conventions do not want to release a Deviant to do what they please either so Genius deactivation are considered a lesser sentence, and sometimes it is done by the Computer."
The young Void Engineer protested.

He gave Jon a dark look, "Suffice to say, I fear it will be a bleak day in the Main Sentencing Hall when he's brought in, and nobody will be able to rinse out the gruesome aftertaste of it..."

"But...but if the prisoner is like a child mentally, they can't...they just can't...I mean not that surely...they just can't?!"
Jon exclaimed and he glanced into the make shift cell.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:16 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"I understand that Mr Wainwright...ehm...what powers do this vampire of yours have?"
The prisoner asked sounding curious.
Colin smiled thinly, "Picture that you're climbing a mountain; not the first to try, and there are many who have tried, and are still on the mountain, on every slope. But somehow, against all odds, you reach the summit, all alone, and you look down at all the other climbers, all around you, you can see them all more or less clearly; what they're doing, in some cases a clear enough view to see what they're about to try, how they feel... Shawn is at the end of the vampire lineages, and can see them all, but not with much or any control. The person who... owned him until tonight tried treating him like a magic 8-ball, just shake him until you get an answer... those days are over."

Anja wrote:"Sure those who are great can also be criminals but you have presented no evidence that the Computer is this Moloch and before I believe one of the most powerful and respected Entities of the Technocratic Union are such a monster. I know it eats Geniuses and that is horrible but most Technocrats only see them as part of the brain and not something that is really eternal, so it is seen as a fair enough thing to do to a prisoner. I mean the Union do practice Genius deactivation if they capture someone who are considered to innocent to kill, but at the same time the other Conventions do not want to release a Deviant to do what they please either so Genius deactivation are considered a lesser sentence, and sometimes it is done by the Computer."
The young Void Engineer protested.
He nodded, voice soft, "Quite astute. I have indeed not presented any evidence that the Computer is Moloch, because it was a suspicion, a hypothesis. I have not found the hard evidence to support the hypothesis, but the Genius deactivation it practices is nonetheless a horrid affair... And yes, Technocrats see the Genius as part of the brain, but consider this - that part of the brain is only extracted by the Computer after the victim has been put on the serum for an extended period of time. The same serum that is based on the lichdom potion. The very same serum that, as we've found out, leaves Primium residue on the pineal gland, essentially rendering it a hermetically preserved, undying prison for the Geniuses in question... You said you've seen people who've had their Geniuses deactivated - a chunk of their brain torn out - are you so certain it's a humane thing to do? A kind thing to do, to someone too innocent to kill?"
He shook his head, "The Computer is a monster to be slain, and the Geniuses it holds must be released... that part is not negotiable."

Anja wrote:"But...but if the prisoner is like a child mentally, they can't...they just can't...I mean not that surely...they just can't?!"
Jon exclaimed and he glanced into the make shift cell.
He frowned, "I doubt it has stopped them before... but I know a couple of excellent lawyers, who may weigh in on the matter, even if they won't be doing any legal representation... I'll ask them once I'm on Horizon."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:12 am

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"That is true most fantasy stories, or at least allot of them have elemental magick. I practice fire magick myself so I am not going to complain about the effectiveness of such magick."
Kyle said with a nod. Stephen smiled.
"Well when you are ready to learn you can ask my Mentor I am sure she can help you out Sir."

"You know, fire magick is often relegated to the protagonist of those shows. Its often the most important element." he said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"I am always impressed by you using drawings as a focus for magick Mr Yager."
Kyle said as he watched you work.
"How do you do that, drawing the place you want to teleport something that is just brilliant."
He said and he had a bit of his eggs as he was exited about seeing unfamiliar magick.

"I'm just doing things that I think would look cool. I mean, if there was ever a way I was gonna teleport small objects, it'd be fitting to do it through pictures right?" he said with a smile, greatly enjoying the compliments. "Transporting things through pictures is actually pretty old stuff. You've all heard the saying that reading a book or looking at a piece of art can 'transport' you into another world. And those saying have taken on a whole new tone in other media, like in Mario 64 when you jump into picture to go to another world. The concept's so ingrained into people minds. And thus ingrained into the backdrop of reality. I just bring it forward into the limelight."

Colin wrote:He turned and walked out of the room again, shaking his head meaningfully to Jon and sending a quick text to Serge, 'Would you come down to the basement for a bit? One of the prisoners needs some relief. Might want to ask your Mentor's advice about treatment, but you should see him first and relay your opinion to her.'

When he finally checked his phone Serge sent a quick text back, "omw."

He glanced at his two young mages and said, "It looks like I'm needed downstairs. I'll be back right after I see what's going on all right?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:19 am

[Kyle's Room]

"You know, fire magick is often relegated to the protagonist of those shows. Its often the most important element." he said with a smile.

"I don't think one element is more important than another but fire magick is fun and it can be really powerful."
Kyle said with a smile, he ate a bit more of his food, his spirit lifted by the magick discussion.

"I'm just doing things that I think would look cool. I mean, if there was ever a way I was gonna teleport small objects, it'd be fitting to do it through pictures right?" he said with a smile, greatly enjoying the compliments. "Transporting things through pictures is actually pretty old stuff. You've all heard the saying that reading a book or looking at a piece of art can 'transport' you into another world. And those saying have taken on a whole new tone in other media, like in Mario 64 when you jump into picture to go to another world. The concept's so ingrained into people minds. And thus ingrained into the backdrop of reality. I just bring it forward into the limelight."

"Yeah I remember Super Mario 64 Sir I have it on an emulator it is a great game."
Kyle said.
"Well I guess it makes sense to do a drawing of a place you need a connection to in order to be able to teleport something to said place."
The young Hermetic said with a smile.

When he finally checked his phone Serge sent a quick text back, "omw."

He glanced at his two young mages and said, "It looks like I'm needed downstairs. I'll be back right after I see what's going on all right?"

"Okey Sir. I will make sure Kyle eats and gets some rest."
Stephen said and Kyle nodded.
"Don't let us keep you Sir."

[Basement]

Colin smiled thinly, "Picture that you're climbing a mountain; not the first to try, and there are many who have tried, and are still on the mountain, on every slope. But somehow, against all odds, you reach the summit, all alone, and you look down at all the other climbers, all around you, you can see them all more or less clearly; what they're doing, in some cases a clear enough view to see what they're about to try, how they feel... Shawn is at the end of the vampire lineages, and can see them all, but not with much or any control. The person who... owned him until tonight tried treating him like a magic 8-ball, just shake him until you get an answer... those days are over."

"That is pretty cool. So he get glimpses of what other vampires are doing?"
The young Void Engineer asked.
"That is useful, but it is a shame he was treated like that, it is good you are going to treat him better."
He said and he nodded approvingly.

He nodded, voice soft, "Quite astute. I have indeed not presented any evidence that the Computer is Moloch, because it was a suspicion, a hypothesis. I have not found the hard evidence to support the hypothesis, but the Genius deactivation it practices is nonetheless a horrid affair... And yes, Technocrats see the Genius as part of the brain, but consider this - that part of the brain is only extracted by the Computer after the victim has been put on the serum for an extended period of time. The same serum that is based on the lichdom potion. The very same serum that, as we've found out, leaves Primium residue on the pineal gland, essentially rendering it a hermetically preserved, undying prison for the Geniuses in question...

"I am not in favor of Genius deactivation it is horrible."
Thomas said and he shivered.
"But the reason why someone are on the serum for a while is to keep them from using magick until they can be given to the Computer that do not prove anything. A mage captured by the Union are likely to just throw magick everywhere to get free, the serum is to avoid that."

You said you've seen people who've had their Geniuses deactivated - a chunk of their brain torn out - are you so certain it's a humane thing to do? A kind thing to do, to someone too innocent to kill?"

"No I am pretty sure it is not humane at all I said the Union consider it to be more humane than death."
The young prisoner said and he shook his head.

He shook his head, "The Computer is a monster to be slain, and the Geniuses it holds must be released... that part is not negotiable."

"Has not the Geniuses the Computer have consumed been well...consumed, why do you think they are still there Mr Wainwright?"
Thomas asked.
"I can agree that indeed the Computer is creepy and might be a monster though I am not in favor of it I am just not sure that it is Moloch."

He frowned, "I doubt it has stopped them before... but I know a couple of excellent lawyers, who may weigh in on the matter, even if they won't be doing any legal representation... I'll ask them once I'm on Horizon."

"I guess you are right Colin they do it to widderslainte children which is even worse...."
Jon said with a frown as he glanced at the crying Nephandus in the cell.
"Poor man...you know sometimes I wish the Traditions got it's collective ass out of the middle ages!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:48 am

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Well, once it's found, then what? Can we disarm, remove, block or something?' giving a frown.

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

Taking her cell from her fellow Etherite, she read the message with a deepening frown. 'Fresh intel, sir.' handing the cell to the Chief, then getting the paper map and spreading it over the hood of her car. 'So... the lab is, here.' pulling out a china pencil and marking the location with it. 'Is it possible to somehow shield or block the lab to the rest of the building? So this... fleshcrafter thing - whatever that is - won't have a clue what's going on outside?'

[Nicole will have some.. issues thinking of Shawn as a human being.]

[But playing as a child vampire can be interesting in a VtM game. After all, unlife looks very different when you've been 14 since 1983. Think my kid was the only one who never hunted in a bar or nightclub.]

[Aaand I'm back. Got snowed by work, spent weekend ill with flu, then playing catch-up all the while waiting for my damn dental crown to be made as the materiel is stuck in Wuhan of all places. Only now did I have enough time to review the pages of RP and post reply.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:30 am

[Waltham]

'Well, once it's found, then what? Can we disarm, remove, block or something?' giving a frown.

"Yes hopefully so, it depends on how it is made but if we find the power source of the ward or the core of it there is a good chance I can remove it yes."
Jeffry replied.

Taking her cell from her fellow Etherite, she read the message with a deepening frown. 'Fresh intel, sir.' handing the cell to the Chief, then getting the paper map and spreading it over the hood of her car. 'So... the lab is, here.' pulling out a china pencil and marking the location with it. 'Is it possible to somehow shield or block the lab to the rest of the building? So this... fleshcrafter thing - whatever that is - won't have a clue what's going on outside?'

"Hum perhaps, the problem is since we don't know what will trigger the ward I would rather not risk it."
The war mage said as he studied the map.
"Anything else? Any information about what we might encounter in there?"
He asked you.
"This flesh crafter vampire is a priority target to take down, if possible I would like to ask him some questions but I will settle for dead."
The Flambeau said gruffly.

(OOC: But Shawn is so cute.)
(OOC 2: Yes child vampires can be fun to play but vampire society are not to fond of them as they simply have so much harder a time hiding what they are, someone who is 35, after all a 30 something can and will look the same for several decades while a 10 year old one expect to change rather quickly.)
(OOC 3: I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Glad to have you back.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:43 am

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'How close do we need to be to do this?'

Anja's Post:

'What, apart from the message?' giving a frown to the Chief; confused as she'd handed her phone to him to read it.

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... how about "fill room with sunlight from afar"? Could they be the one who can trigger the bomb?' Nicole replied, looking a the map, trying to find the secondary entrance. 'Remove the one who can blow the place up... only thing we'd have to deal with is the traps...'

[So are pangolins, but they're not human either.]

[It can be dealt with. Ghoul 'parents', move haven from suburb to suburb every couple of years, become adept at making new personas and acting through proxies. Obfuscate/Presence/Dominate can smooth over any other cracks. Their masquerade was perhaps stronger than the other PCs.]

[Being ill sucks. However, had pleasure in seeing that my 'health improvement plan' I put in two years ago after a flu lasted two weeks worked; shook it off in around 2 1/2 days this time.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:15 am

[Waltham]

How close do we need to be to do this?'

"It have less to do with where as figuring more about about the ward, I could probably disenchant it from here but trying carry a big risk of setting it of."
Jeffry said with a frown.

What, apart from the message?' giving a frown to the Chief; confused as she'd handed her phone to him to read it.

"I just meant if the message had more to it then just the location Miss Bouchard."
The war mage gingerly accepted the phone then he looked confused at it.
"Ehm...where are the buttons?"
He asked having really never handled a smart phone before.

Hmm... how about "fill room with sunlight from afar"? Could they be the one who can trigger the bomb?' Nicole replied, looking a the map, trying to find the secondary entrance. 'Remove the one who can blow the place up... only thing we'd have to deal with is the traps...'

"If this ward is worth it's salt it will trigger if I try to cast a spell inside of it. I think our only chance is to go in and see what we find inside. The whole idea with wards is to prevent other mages from affecting the protected area from afar."
The Hermetic said as he studied the map.

(OOC: Shawn is okey with being seen as a cute critter.)
(OOC 2: There is a way to solve every problem, I did not say child vampires are impossible only that there are issues with them so the Camerilla is not to happy about them.)
(OOC 3: Being ille really suck. I am glad you are feeling better.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:16 am

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"That is pretty cool. So he get glimpses of what other vampires are doing?"
The young Void Engineer asked.
"That is useful, but it is a shame he was treated like that, it is good you are going to treat him better."
He said and he nodded approvingly.
Colin shrugged, "Useful... It would be more useful if he could learn to control it. He might, in time... but that's besides the point."

Anja wrote:"I am not in favor of Genius deactivation it is horrible."
Thomas said and he shivered.
"But the reason why someone are on the serum for a while is to keep them from using magick until they can be given to the Computer that do not prove anything. A mage captured by the Union are likely to just throw magick everywhere to get free, the serum is to avoid that."
He frowned, "I am not so sure the serum is just to avoid that... The side effects, which we are beginning to learn more of now, suggest that maybe the Union got the serum from the Fallen... in a bid to mess up the reincarnation cycles."

Anja wrote:"Has not the Geniuses the Computer have consumed been well...consumed, why do you think they are still there Mr Wainwright?"
Thomas asked.
"I can agree that indeed the Computer is creepy and might be a monster though I am not in favor of it I am just not sure that it is Moloch."
He shook his head, "Geniuses locked in a Primium-encased, lichified pineal gland... I fear they are all very much active and trapped in there. And I'm no longer convinced the Computer is Moloch, either, just that it is a threat, and a force of stagnation, slowly sealing away the magic of the world..."

Anja wrote:"I guess you are right Colin they do it to widderslainte children which is even worse...."
Jon said with a frown as he glanced at the crying Nephandus in the cell.
"Poor man...you know sometimes I wish the Traditions got it's collective ass out of the middle ages!"
He nodded, "Change is coming... Soon, and dramatic, it is coming. Let's hope it will be benevolent and enough, in the end..."

Jeremy wrote:When he finally checked his phone Serge sent a quick text back, "omw."
He sighed, "Alright, he's coming down. I'll wait to brief him on the poor man, then I've got to make a few more pit stops..."

((OOC: Augh, and stuck in Wuhan of all places, too! At the very least, packages don't carry the virus, but that helps little when every factory in the bleedin' province is shut down to contain the epidemic... :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:21 pm

[Basement]

Colin shrugged, "Useful... It would be more useful if he could learn to control it. He might, in time... but that's besides the point."

"Even so that is a pretty cool ability. He gets to sneak a peak at what others of his kind is up to."
Thomas said with a grin.

He frowned, "I am not so sure the serum is just to avoid that... The side effects, which we are beginning to learn more of now, suggest that maybe the Union got the serum from the Fallen... in a bid to mess up the reincarnation cycles."

"No that is to much of a stretch to believe without any proof."
The prisoner said looking doubtful.
"Do the serum have side effects yes, do that mean we can assume that the Union got it from the Fallen to mess up something it do not even believe exist in the first place? That do not seam to realistic."

He shook his head, "Geniuses locked in a Primium-encased, lichified pineal gland... I fear they are all very much active and trapped in there. And I'm no longer convinced the Computer is Moloch, either, just that it is a threat, and a force of stagnation, slowly sealing away the magic of the world..."

"How do you know that the Computer don't destroy the glands that it extract?"
Thomas asked.
"But if there is some consciousness left in them then that is indeed horrible."

He nodded, "Change is coming... Soon, and dramatic, it is coming. Let's hope it will be benevolent and enough, in the end..."

"We can always hope though such dramatic changes seldom are, just ask the French Revolution."
Jon muttered with a sigh.

He sighed, "Alright, he's coming down. I'll wait to brief him on the poor man, then I've got to make a few more pit stops..."

"Very well then I will return to my duties."
Your Cabalmate replied.
"I hope Serge can calm the poor fucker in there down."
He added with a sigh as he glanced in at the unfortunate Nephandus again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:34 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Even so that is a pretty cool ability. He gets to sneak a peak at what others of his kind is up to."
Thomas said with a grin.
Colin smiled wryly, "Yes, with no say in whether he gets to see a Tremere Elder conspire against the Prince, or a young Toreador catching the latest Disney movie in the theater... It's less useful than you might think."

Anja wrote:"No that is to much of a stretch to believe without any proof."
The prisoner said looking doubtful.
"Do the serum have side effects yes, do that mean we can assume that the Union got it from the Fallen to mess up something it do not even believe exist in the first place? That do not seam to realistic."
He shrugged, "Consider it this way - if it was the Fallen who slipped the formula into Union hands, why would the Union know or care about effects on things the Union won't acknowledge? It would be to the advantage of the Fallen anyway; more so if the effects are something the users won't even know or care to look for..."

Anja wrote:"How do you know that the Computer don't destroy the glands that it extract?"
Thomas asked.
"But if there is some consciousness left in them then that is indeed horrible."
He frowned, "Because I doubt the glands, in that state, are all that easy to destroy in the first place, between the Primium and the lichdom potion derivative..."

Anja wrote:"We can always hope though such dramatic changes seldom are, just ask the French Revolution."
Jon muttered with a sigh.
He shrugged, "Well, now, in the short term, it'll always be rough, but look at America and India as they got out from British rule... The US made a good two hundred years of it, and India's doing quite well, though it was rough as their independence movements got started..."

Anja wrote:"Very well then I will return to my duties."
Your Cabalmate replied.
"I hope Serge can calm the poor fucker in there down."
He added with a sigh as he glanced in at the unfortunate Nephandus again.
He frowned and nodded, "Indeed... I think he can do that, but I don't know how much else he might manage to do... At best, I suppose he can plant an illusion of the poor bastard being with his parents..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:44 pm

[Basement]

Colin smiled wryly, "Yes, with no say in whether he gets to see a Tremere Elder conspire against the Prince, or a young Toreador catching the latest Disney movie in the theater... It's less useful than you might think."

"Perhaps not useful but still cool."
Thomas replied.
"Ehm what are a Prince, a Tremere and a Toreador?"
He asked giving you a confused look.

He shrugged, "Consider it this way - if it was the Fallen who slipped the formula into Union hands, why would the Union know or care about effects on things the Union won't acknowledge? It would be to the advantage of the Fallen anyway; more so if the effects are something the users won't even know or care to look for..."

"The problem is this is complete idle speculation, anyone can make up some story, some theory but without any kind of proof it is just that, a story. There is no proof the Nephandi have agents highly placed among the Union, there are no proof the Serum comes from the Nephandi, it is all speculation."
The young Void Engineer protested clearly not buying it.

He frowned, "Because I doubt the glands, in that state, are all that easy to destroy in the first place, between the Primium and the lichdom potion derivative..."

"To much metal in the brain will destroy it, and unless someone are actually a lich that there are lichdom potion in tissue do not mean it is indestructible."
The prisoner replied.

He shrugged, "Well, now, in the short term, it'll always be rough, but look at America and India as they got out from British rule... The US made a good two hundred years of it, and India's doing quite well, though it was rough as their independence movements got started..."

"Yes well when you have two enemy factions of mages just waiting for you to slip up so they can kill you off then really a rough patch might be enough to destroy us all."
Jon replied.

He frowned and nodded, "Indeed... I think he can do that, but I don't know how much else he might manage to do... At best, I suppose he can plant an illusion of the poor bastard being with his parents..."

"Perhaps that is the only mercy we can offer the poor bastard, a comfortable illusion to sleep away the time until he meets his end in."
The Virtual Adept said with a frown.
"It is a shitty situation that is for sure."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:36 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yeah I remember Super Mario 64 Sir I have it on an emulator it is a great game."
Kyle said.
"Well I guess it makes sense to do a drawing of a place you need a connection to in order to be able to teleport something to said place."
The young Hermetic said with a smile.
Anja wrote:"Okey Sir. I will make sure Kyle eats and gets some rest."
Stephen said and Kyle nodded.
"Don't let us keep you Sir."

"I'll show you some more cool teleporting tricks later." he said with a nod, waving farwell to the two young mages and heading down to the basement to find his cabal leader.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:47 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Kyle gave you a tired smile.
"I will look forwards to it Sir."
He said as you left.

[Basement]

You got down to the practical part of the basement where you found Colin and Jon talking in front of one the make shift cells.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:51 pm

[Nico's rooms]

"Hum...it sounds prudent to wait for fifteen minutes then, are we fitting the metal used for the disc to the planetary ruler of the hour? Or do we fit it to the Sepiroth we are placing the working in?" Nico asked. "For I can do either or."

"Hm...well, I believe the working would be in Malkuth from my notes..."

"No but I might need your note to set things up the way you want them."
The rebis replied.

"Very well, let me get a copy down of the premise so I can explain it to them." He quickly jotted down enough to be able to explain his idea to the others.

"That words for me Mr RH."
And a message from Crexia which said.
"I will head over there then...which room number is Master Haagen's?"

'I will meet you on the 2F-3F landing then ma'am'

// Wb Nic-p, glad you feel better. Adley will probably think of Shawn as a person, though not a human person. Or at least not anymore, having been turned.
ooc2: With everyone losing their minds about this virus, I've been slammed at work beyond anything I have ever had to suffer. So, just an fyi if my posting is slow it's b/c I passed out and needed four weeks to recover. Godforbid anyone happen to need their normal amount of tp for the next month or so >. <

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:05 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"Perhaps not useful but still cool."
Thomas replied.
"Ehm what are a Prince, a Tremere and a Toreador?"
He asked giving you a confused look.
Colin smiled thinly, "The Prince is the reigning monarch of a city - they treat their lands like feudal principalities. Tremere and Toreador are different vampire Clans, comparable to your different Conventions, or our different Traditions."

Anja wrote:"The problem is this is complete idle speculation, anyone can make up some story, some theory but without any kind of proof it is just that, a story. There is no proof the Nephandi have agents highly placed among the Union, there are no proof the Serum comes from the Nephandi, it is all speculation."
The young Void Engineer protested clearly not buying it.
He frowned, "You are partly correct... If you've been made aware of the bionic plague that just popped up... it was made by Wallace Jace, commissioned by Eric Dahl of the Syndicate, the same chap whose familiar detonated him. The base of the plague, the genetic material that formed the core of the virus' instant rejection syndrome, was made from brain tissue that was stolen from my girlfriend, at a time when she was captured by the Union and attempted sacrificed to the bloody machine... It rejected her, for some unknown reason, but her tissues were kept on file in the Union... and yet, they found their way into the hands of a Fallen Progenitor. You are correct that there's no proof that the serum comes from the Fallen - but there's certainly evidence that the Union is infiltrated at key sites. Not the leadership, perhaps, but the administrative staff is terrifyingly powerful, too."

Anja wrote:"To much metal in the brain will destroy it, and unless someone are actually a lich that there are lichdom potion in tissue do not mean it is indestructible."
The prisoner replied.
He nodded, "A fair counter... and we have people looking into the question even as we speak, though no definite answers are ready just yet."

Anja wrote:"Yes well when you have two enemy factions of mages just waiting for you to slip up so they can kill you off then really a rough patch might be enough to destroy us all."
Jon replied.
He sighed, "Make that three; there are a few people in the Traditions none too fond of us, too..."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps that is the only mercy we can offer the poor bastard, a comfortable illusion to sleep away the time until he meets his end in."
The Virtual Adept said with a frown.
"It is a shitty situation that is for sure."
He nodded, "Very much so..."

Anja wrote:You got down to the practical part of the basement where you found Colin and Jon talking in front of one the make shift cells.
He nodded to Serge, voice completely devoid of usual chipper tone, "Over here... there's a prisoner who's badly broken... can you help calm him? All he wants is his mommy and daddy..."

((OOC: Yeah, I heard Costco is out of tp for the next 23 millennia. Not gonna lie, that would scare me, too, if I worked retail there... ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:50 pm

[Nico's rooms]

"Hm...well, I believe the working would be in Malkuth from my notes..."

"Hum lead them, but Malkuth is also associated with glass, perhaps a nice yellow leaded glass disc would work well?"
Nico asked.

Very well, let me get a copy down of the premise so I can explain it to them." He quickly jotted down enough to be able to explain his idea to the others.

"I can take a picture of your notes so you don't have to do all the work Mr Roth Hicks."
The Verditius offered.

'I will meet you on the 2F-3F landing then ma'am'

You got a reply back that said.
"As you will Sodalis I am on my way.

[Basement]

Colin smiled thinly, "The Prince is the reigning monarch of a city - they treat their lands like feudal principalities. Tremere and Toreador are different vampire Clans, comparable to your different Conventions, or our different Traditions."

"Ah...ok got it, that makes sense."
Thomas said with a smile.

He frowned, "You are partly correct... If you've been made aware of the bionic plague that just popped up... it was made by Wallace Jace, commissioned by Eric Dahl of the Syndicate, the same chap whose familiar detonated him. The base of the plague, the genetic material that formed the core of the virus' instant rejection syndrome, was made from brain tissue that was stolen from my girlfriend, at a time when she was captured by the Union and attempted sacrificed to the bloody machine... It rejected her, for some unknown reason, but her tissues were kept on file in the Union... and yet, they found their way into the hands of a Fallen Progenitor. You are correct that there's no proof that the serum comes from the Fallen - but there's certainly evidence that the Union is infiltrated at key sites. Not the leadership, perhaps, but the administrative staff is terrifyingly powerful, too."

"What administrative rank did this Eric Dahl have? Yes sure the Union are likely to have Fallen among it's ranks just as the Traditions do, but claiming that the Union are all but run by the Nephandi due to having found two Fallen Technocrats in cahoots with one another. I am sorry to hear about your girlfriend but if her bio matter was not considered important it would not be hard to access that. I could probably wander into a lab and get a sample that have not been marked to be vital or classified so unless Wallace Jace and Eric Dal have high ranks they are just random Fallen and it do not prove anything about the serum what so ever."
The prisoner replied simply.
"You have drawn allot of conjecture out of really no information at all Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "A fair counter... and we have people looking into the question even as we speak, though no definite answers are ready just yet."

"Then I guess we will see."
Thomas replied.

He sighed, "Make that three; there are a few people in the Traditions none too fond of us, too..."

"I was more thinking the Nephandi and the Union would take the Traditions down if we get destabilized by internal conflict."
Jon replied.

He nodded, "Very much so..."

The Virtual Adept gave a sad look at that.

He nodded to Serge, voice completely devoid of usual chipper tone, "Over here... there's a prisoner who's badly broken... can you help calm him? All he wants is his mommy and daddy..."

Inside of the make shift cell was a tall, thin man bound to a heavy shelf, he had a bandage over his eyes and he was very pale and clammy, his red hair lay damp against his skin. The man was rocking back and forth muttering softly in both the Nephandi language and in English, at times crying or calling for his parents. The man seamed completely confused and child like.

(OOC: Yeah people are completely insane. I mean take precautions but the media have blown this illness out of all proportions, it is less deadly that both the flu and measles and while many will be infected for most that will just mean you get a few days coughing and feeling a bit under the weather. Unless it mutate further the illness is only dangerous the those who are immune deficient, have serious illnesses from before or are really old.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:52 pm

[Basement]
Anja wrote:"What administrative rank did this Eric Dahl have? Yes sure the Union are likely to have Fallen among it's ranks just as the Traditions do, but claiming that the Union are all but run by the Nephandi due to having found two Fallen Technocrats in cahoots with one another. I am sorry to hear about your girlfriend but if her bio matter was not considered important it would not be hard to access that. I could probably wander into a lab and get a sample that have not been marked to be vital or classified so unless Wallace Jace and Eric Dal have high ranks they are just random Fallen and it do not prove anything about the serum what so ever."
The prisoner replied simply.
"You have drawn allot of conjecture out of really no information at all Mr Wainwright."
Colin shook his head, "Administrative staff could be something as seemingly unobtrusive as a secretary; people who would not be given a second conscious thought would be the perfect plants. But that's besides the point, I never claimed the Union was all but run by the Nephandi, but that there are unchecked influences in the Union. We saw far too many such traitors a couple of months ago, when an Aswadim came to Boston... It's a horrifying sight, to see seemingly ordinary workers at the Umbra Port suddenly fall to their knees and scream out praises in the Nephandi language. I believe there was a lot of security footage that was examined afterward to find Fallen, but that was just Boston..."
He frowned, "As for how classified my girlfriend's tissue samples would have been labeled, you tell me - the Computer refused her mid-process, and she is immune to cybernetic implants. It's not just that she rejects them, they don't work in the first place... I imagine that would have been some highly contentious properties, especially as far as the Iterators are concerned. There is some conjecture, I cannot deny that, but the air is quite a bit thicker than you're willing to admit. And I can't fault you for that; I can't precisely dump everything I've learned on you in a five-second infodump. Never got the hang of telepathy, you know..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:14 am

[Basement]

Colin shook his head, "Administrative staff could be something as seemingly unobtrusive as a secretary; people who would not be given a second conscious thought would be the perfect plants. But that's besides the point, I never claimed the Union was all but run by the Nephandi, but that there are unchecked influences in the Union. We saw far too many such traitors a couple of months ago, when an Aswadim came to Boston... It's a horrifying sight, to see seemingly ordinary workers at the Umbra Port suddenly fall to their knees and scream out praises in the Nephandi language. I believe there was a lot of security footage that was examined afterward to find Fallen, but that was just Boston..."

"An unobtrusive secretary would not be able to set up the Union using the serum on the Fallen's behalf."
The young Void Engineer said simply.
"I heard about what happened in the Boston Umbra Port, there was allot of rumors flooding the Void Engineers about it, but if I do not remember it wrong it was one guy who revealing himself to be Fallen and he was summary executed."

He frowned, "As for how classified my girlfriend's tissue samples would have been labeled, you tell me - the Computer refused her mid-process, and she is immune to cybernetic implants. It's not just that she rejects them, they don't work in the first place... I imagine that would have been some highly contentious properties, especially as far as the Iterators are concerned.

"Yes something like that would have some classification, I am not sure which but you would need some rank to access it but it is not like you would have to be a Research Director or anything."
Thomas replied.
"That much suck if she ever needed Cybernetics for something like if she lost a limp or something. Anyway I do not sure how classified these tissues would be and it is quite a leap to go from a Fallen Technocrat got his hands on that to the Fallen gave the serum to the Union."

There is some conjecture, I cannot deny that, but the air is quite a bit thicker than you're willing to admit. And I can't fault you for that; I can't precisely dump everything I've learned on you in a five-second infodump. Never got the hang of telepathy, you know..."

"It seam to be all conjecture. I am not saying the Technocratic Union are innocent, but it seams you have gone from one event and then just decided that means that the Fallen gave the Union the serum and I just do not see you have presented anything but guesswork for that."
The prisoner replied clearly not buying it.
"Unless you have more proof for it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:10 am

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

An irate-sounding sigh to this, looking back at the map. 'One step at a time, Nick. Drive up team to building. Now where's that side entry? Can I get a car up to it close?'

Amja's Post:

'Touchscreen, sir.' Nicole replied, tapping the screen with a ceramic finger, which did nothing. Giving an irate grunt, then used her other hand to show the Hermetic both the whole message and then the photos.

Anja's Post:

'At least we know what is in the lab. Did I remember my tracer rounds?' giving a little frown. 'Or make our bullets flammable or something, hit target with loads of fire.'

[Well, 14 is more 'teenager' than 'child'. And the Camarilla can't press that issue *too* far as there's too many elders of 'school age' themselves. Lastly, they might say it to someone important, like an Archon.]

[The main problem is that we're unable to handle risk and don't understand how to read statistics right. Also; we're scared by the fact there's no vaccine and no cure (yet). But it *is* more deadly than the normal flus, Great One. Coronavirus death-rate is around 2-3%, when the flu's is around 0.1%. Yet I can't help but wonder; why with the panic-buying of *just* bog roll?]

[Was the one in the cell the Fallen Nicole put in the laundry-brig earlier?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:26 am

[Nico's rooms]

"Hum lead them, but Malkuth is also associated with glass, perhaps a nice yellow leaded glass disc would work well?"
Nico asked.

"If you think that is safe to wear and also can be made fairly quickly. I'm not sure how long we have but, sooner than later is probably wise."

"I can take a picture of your notes so you don't have to do all the work Mr Roth Hicks."
The Verditius offered.

He blinked, as if the idea had not even occurred to him. "Very well, but afterward we should try to get rid of it properly, just in case."

You got a reply back that said. "As you will Sodalis I am on my way.

"I'll be back soon," he said to Nico and headed out to meet up with Crexia and head over to Master Haagan's rooms.

// part of the reason that it's got a higher death rate (at least right now) is we're only testing for cases that are likely anyway, so there's testing bias (especially in the US where it's hard to get the test). There could be more people with less severe symptoms or carriers that don't get tested. It does seem to be more easily transmitted though than regular flu and live on surfaces longer. There is reason to be concerned and take reasonable precaution but people are buying entire stocks of everything like it's the purge, making it harder for those that might need extra protections.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:49 am

[Nico's rooms]

"If you think that is safe to wear and also can be made fairly quickly. I'm not sure how long we have but, sooner than later is probably wise."

"Yes it should be safe enough to wear but I would not wear it against the skin for days on end."
Nico said.
"I believe I have glass discs like that ready for engraving and I can also give it a top coat to prevent any lead getting into skin contact with anyone."
Nico replied.

He blinked, as if the idea had not even occurred to him. "Very well, but afterward we should try to get rid of it properly, just in case."

"I can just delete it once I am done with it."
The Verditius said they fished out their phone and snapped a picture of the notes.

"I'll be back soon," he said to Nico and headed out to meet up with Crexia and head over to Master Haagan's rooms.

You found Crexia waiting for you on the landing to the second floor, the lich held a large book in her arms.
"Sodalis."
She said politely though the air of majesty she had about it made it very clear it was the politeness a queen would show towards a favorite courtier rather than towards an equal.

[Boston]

An irate-sounding sigh to this, looking back at the map. 'One step at a time, Nick. Drive up team to building. Now where's that side entry? Can I get a car up to it close?'

Jeffry pointed at one of the entrances.
"We could try this one it is close to where the lab is located according to the intel you just got and it is a furthest away from these places here where it is most likely the sniper is sitting in wait."
He said as he pointed to the map.

'Touchscreen, sir.' Nicole replied, tapping the screen with a ceramic finger, which did nothing. Giving an irate grunt, then used her other hand to show the Hermetic both the whole message and then the photos.

"Oh...I see..."
The war mage said and he glanced at the message and then quickly handed the phone back to you as if he was afraid it would bite him.

'At least we know what is in the lab. Did I remember my tracer rounds?' giving a little frown. 'Or make our bullets flammable or something, hit target with loads of fire.'

"Bullets that will produce fire, that I can arrange for, what ammunition do your weapon take Miss Bouchard?"
Jeffry asked.

(OOC: I am not saying it do not happen but that as times change and 14 is no longer marriageable age far fewer are Embraced that young.)

(OOC 2: Most who get the virus are not diagnosed, you have to either show considerable symptoms or have come into close contact with someone who have been confirmed to have the illness here in Norway to get tested. Most actually get very mild symptoms or no symptoms at all which is part of the reason why the illness spread so fast since there is allot of are infected and do not even know it walking around. Also unlike the flu who do at times kill healthy individuals as well this corona virus basically almost exclusively kill the elderly and sick. I am not saying one should not take precautions, one should wash one's hands and if one get symptoms one should stay home and call the doctor but when people just go nuts that is an extreme over reaction, no one need like 20 bottles of hand sanitizers.)

(OOC 3: No there is one prisoner in the laundry room who tried to assassinate Anna. The prisoner in question right now are from the attack earlier in the evening when three Nephandi was captured, Kallan and two others who was to traumatized by the sand Colin subjected to to be able to talk. This is the one who got mauled by Jareth.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:44 pm

[Waltham]

Anja's Post:

'Can we get a car right to the door?' she replied, calling up the photo-map of the facility, trying to work out whether there was a clear-ish path. 'I'll also feel more comfortable if that sniper is taken out.'

Anja's Post:

'7.62 Soviet. Have some clips in the car.' Nicole replied, unslinging her carbine and checking the action.

[Moved discussion to the 'General Politics' thread. It got too big.]

[The reduction of numbers of mid-teen neonates might be down to mere practicality (they can do less stuff, keep on being bothered by authorities etc) than anything remotely moral-wise. Plus, a lot of STs ban it outright for various reasons. I want to play VtM now; I never got to do much with my 'Lost Boy'. *sad*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:53 pm

[Waltham]

'Can we get a car right to the door?' she replied, calling up the photo-map of the facility, trying to work out whether there was a clear-ish path. 'I'll also feel more comfortable if that sniper is taken out.'

"If we can get enough of a distraction yes I believe that we can."
Jeffry said. You could see that it was possible to drive right up to the side door.
"Well if we think the likely places the sniper is located are away from the main ward I could shed some light on them, that is likely to be noticed though so there is a pro and con to everything."

7.62 Soviet. Have some clips in the car.' Nicole replied, unslinging her carbine and checking the action.

"Very well if you get them Miss Bouchard I can make sure they get an upgrade."
The war mage replied.

(OOC: Very well.)

(OOC 2: I never said moral. I said that embracing children and young teens usually will not be allowed for practical reasons they are less useful and a greater risk for discovery. Vampire is fun to play it is my second favorite RPG game.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next