Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

5 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 30 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:26 pm

[Hildegard's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"That is true, are you thinking that the young man might leave the Union and join our side?"
Hildegard asked then she sigh.
"The problem is that it can go either way, the Void Engineers might keep up what they are doing, and not supporting the Pogrom, or they might submit to the demands of the other Conventions for safety, and that Mr Griffith have a connection to Cava might also mean she have a connection to him and just like he can choose to join us to be with his sister...I fear the oposite might also happen down the line..."
She said with a frown.
Colin shrugged slightly, "He's... still in need of a little nudge, but as it is, I think he's mostly concerned for his Amalgam and his Mentor if he suddenly 'jumps ship', as it were. And he is aware that the noose is tightening; I do not think Cava will be put in a comparable situation, where changing allegiance seems the safer gamble... But it remains a valid concern."

Anja wrote:"Incarnate beings are really odd..."
Poodle declared sounding confused.
He nodded sagely, "We are."

He grinned and waved back, then nodded to Anna as he picked up his lighter and the page, "Alright, let's hurry back, Mr. King should be by soon, and I need to make a few bags of tea for him."

He led the way back to the apartment, and whistled a merry tune as he measured up a few bags of tea and stapled them closed with a string and a small tag describing the blend - black tea with rose petal (his own bush, even), green tea with mint and cinnamon, raspberry and pomegranate rooibos, and a few others to choose from.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44 - Page 30 Empty Re: Bigger On The Inside, The Tzimisce and Hidden Doors IC Thread 44

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:02 pm

[Hildegard's Apartment]

Colin shrugged slightly, "He's... still in need of a little nudge, but as it is, I think he's mostly concerned for his Amalgam and his Mentor if he suddenly 'jumps ship', as it were. And he is aware that the noose is tightening; I do not think Cava will be put in a comparable situation, where changing allegiance seems the safer gamble... But it remains a valid concern."

"That is true the situation is not the same. And the young man might be right in fearing for his Amalgam and Mentor the Union can be rather brutal."
Hildegard replied.
"And yet it will be a temptation for Cava to break the rule about having contact with enemies of Ascension, and there are reasons not to have contact with members of other factions, if Mr Griffith can not be talked into joining the Traditions that is."

He nodded sagely, "We are."

The little imp nodded at that and smiled to you.

He grinned and waved back, then nodded to Anna as he picked up his lighter and the page, "Alright, let's hurry back, Mr. King should be by soon, and I need to make a few bags of tea for him."

"Ok dad...I did not know Mr King liked tea though."
Anna said as she went with you back to your apartment.

[Casa Wainwright]

He led the way back to the apartment, and whistled a merry tune as he measured up a few bags of tea and stapled them closed with a string and a small tag describing the blend - black tea with rose petal (his own bush, even), green tea with mint and cinnamon, raspberry and pomegranate rooibos, and a few others to choose from.

Anna went back to reading her book when you where back at the apartment. After a few minutes you get a text message from Cita which said.
"I got your impagram, is now a good time Mr W?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:33 pm

[Hildegard's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"That is true the situation is not the same. And the young man might be right in fearing for his Amalgam and Mentor the Union can be rather brutal."
Hildegard replied.
"And yet it will be a temptation for Cava to break the rule about having contact with enemies of Ascension, and there are reasons not to have contact with members of other factions, if Mr Griffith can not be talked into joining the Traditions that is."
Colin nodded, "True enough. I suppose it falls to us to guide her in that regard... Takes a village and all that."

Anja wrote:"Ok dad...I did not know Mr King liked tea though."
Anna said as she went with you back to your apartment.
He chuckled softly, "No, I think he doesn't know enough about tea to have a strong opinion of it, but it does seem he's quite keen to try to impress Adept Markov. If you know what I mean."

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:Anna went back to reading her book when you where back at the apartment. After a few minutes you get a text message from Cita which said.
"I got your impagram, is now a good time Mr W?"
He smiled as he poured a small scoop of tea into a bag, then typed back, 'Perfect.'
He then turned around, "Master Telar will be by in a few moments. Would you be so kind and fetch one of the prayer candles and the wide-base holder for it from the bottom-left drawer next to my bedroom door?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:08 pm

[Hildegard's Apartment]

Colin nodded, "True enough. I suppose it falls to us to guide her in that regard... Takes a village and all that."

"Indeed so Mr Wainwright but some might say it is better she not meet her brother so the temptation is never there in the first place."
Hildegard replied firmly.
"However that is not my place to say, it is up to Master Haagen."

He chuckled softly, "No, I think he doesn't know enough about tea to have a strong opinion of it, but it does seem he's quite keen to try to impress Adept Markov. If you know what I mean."

"Ohhh...and Adept Markov likes tea?"
Anna said with a grin.
"And Mr King likes Adept Markov?"

[Casa Wainwright]

He smiled as he poured a small scoop of tea into a bag, then typed back, 'Perfect.'

You got a reply back which said.
"I will be right there."

He then turned around, "Master Telar will be by in a few moments. Would you be so kind and fetch one of the prayer candles and the wide-base holder for it from the bottom-left drawer next to my bedroom door?"

"Yeah sure dad."
Anna said and she marked her place in the book and then hurried to go and get the candle and the holder.
"Here you go."
She said with a smile. About that time there was a knock on the door.
"I will go and open."
Your apprentice said and unless you protested she went to do so letting Cita into the apartment. The Spirit Healer gave you a smile.
"Hello Anna...Mr Wainwright...I was told by an imp you wished my aid in chasing down tea cups."
The Virtual Adept said and she raised an eyebrow.
"So here I am ready to put those cups in their place."
She added with a chuckle and Anna looked rather confused at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:18 pm

[Hildegard's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"Indeed so Mr Wainwright but some might say it is better she not meet her brother so the temptation is never there in the first place."
Hildegard replied firmly.
"However that is not my place to say, it is up to Master Haagen."
Colin nodded, "And if Master Haagen decides not to let Cava meet her big brother, that's his call... We'll still have to monitor the connection, for her safety, but that should be about it as far as she is concerned."

Anja wrote:"Ohhh...and Adept Markov likes tea?"
Anna said with a grin.
"And Mr King likes Adept Markov?"
He grinned, "I think their interest is quite mutual, and offering tea is a far safer bet than offering coffee, given the range of possible flavours. Though he might offer coffee, as well."

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Yeah sure dad."
Anna said and she marked her place in the book and then hurried to go and get the candle and the holder.
"Here you go."
She said with a smile. About that time there was a knock on the door.
"I will go and open."
Your apprentice said and unless you protested she went to do so letting Cita into the apartment. The Spirit Healer gave you a smile.
"Hello Anna...Mr Wainwright...I was told by an imp you wished my aid in chasing down tea cups."
The Virtual Adept said and she raised an eyebrow.
"So here I am ready to put those cups in their place."
She added with a chuckle and Anna looked rather confused at that.
He chuckled as he followed Anna to the door and looked for Poodle, "Well, something may have been lost in translation, but I was about to put the kettle on. I wanted to ask you about the... item you retrieved, and I need to ask your advice on a few other matters. And... I may brush on a painful issue; I'll understand if you don't wish to pursue that line of query."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:54 pm

[Hildegard's Apartment]

Colin nodded, "And if Master Haagen decides not to let Cava meet her big brother, that's his call... We'll still have to monitor the connection, for her safety, but that should be about it as far as she is concerned."

"I would not have risked it if it was my apprentice Mr Wainwright, but Cava is not mine so I will not protest however my Cabalmate decide to go with this."
Hildegard said sternly.
"Though I personally do not think it is a good idea."

He grinned, "I think their interest is quite mutual, and offering tea is a far safer bet than offering coffee, given the range of possible flavours. Though he might offer coffee, as well."

"Hum...well Mr King will want to impress Adept Markov, then he might want to have some choices available so they can decide on the refreshments themselves."
Anna replied with a nod.
"They would be cute together they both make stuff. And Mr King is an Orphan but the books he learned from are written by Verditius so they have that in common."

[Casa Wainwright]

He chuckled as he followed Anna to the door and looked for Poodle, "Well, something may have been lost in translation, but I was about to put the kettle on. I wanted to ask you about the... item you retrieved, and I need to ask your advice on a few other matters. And... I may brush on a painful issue; I'll understand if you don't wish to pursue that line of query."

You saw poodle out in the hallway the imp waved at you happily and pulled on his own tail. Cita gave a chuckle.
"I assumed as much and I would like a cup of tea...as for...topics of discussion I can talk about it at least."
She said with a sigh. Anna looked from you to Cita and asked.
"If this is a super serious topic do you want me to go to my room so you and Master Telar can speak in peace dad?"
Your apprentice offered.
"For I don't mind I was in the middle fo a book anyway."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:20 pm

[Kyle's Room]

Anja wrote:"Yeah that would be so cool Sir."
Kyle said and he sat up in the sofa and looked at your eagerly.
"Yeah that would be interesting Sir."
Stephen also agreed and he came away from the window and sat down in a chair.

"Alright." he said with a smile, "I showed you guys the teleport through drawings thing. But that too mainstream. Let's try something a little more unique. I've only really practiced this type of teleportation with Shawn. So this may not work. But doesn't hurt to try."

He raised his outstretched right hand up into the air so that Kyle and Stephen could easily see it. "Focus on my palm over here. Put all your attention on it. While your doing that I'll ask you a question. Do you guys know what Hammerspace is?"

As he asked the question, Serge placed his left hand behind his back, out of view from both hermetic mages.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:55 pm

[Hildegard's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"I would not have risked it if it was my apprentice Mr Wainwright, but Cava is not mine so I will not protest however my Cabalmate decide to go with this."
Hildegard said sternly.
"Though I personally do not think it is a good idea."
Colin nodded, "It all boils down to how you weigh the risks versus potential benefits. You've seen the war for a lot longer than I have, and that experience will lend itself differently to the weighing than mine."

Anja wrote:"Hum...well Mr King will want to impress Adept Markov, then he might want to have some choices available so they can decide on the refreshments themselves."
Anna replied with a nod.
"They would be cute together they both make stuff. And Mr King is an Orphan but the books he learned from are written by Verditius so they have that in common."
He smiled, then arched an eyebrow, "And how do you know his books are of Verditius make, hmm?"

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:You saw poodle out in the hallway the imp waved at you happily and pulled on his own tail. Cita gave a chuckle.
"I assumed as much and I would like a cup of tea...as for...topics of discussion I can talk about it at least."
She said with a sigh. Anna looked from you to Cita and asked.
"If this is a super serious topic do you want me to go to my room so you and Master Telar can speak in peace dad?"
Your apprentice offered.
"For I don't mind I was in the middle fo a book anyway."
He waved to Poodle, "Would you like me to light the candle for you, too?"
He showed Cita in and nodded to Anna, "Actually, why don't you sit in the hallway and keep an eye on the candle first; Poodle needs his reward, and we wouldn't want an accidental fire, would we? Ah, can you see him as he is?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:44 pm

[Hildegard's Apartment]

Colin nodded, "It all boils down to how you weigh the risks versus potential benefits. You've seen the war for a lot longer than I have, and that experience will lend itself differently to the weighing than mine."

"That is true Mr Wainwright but it can also be that I am older and more set in my ways and ess optimistic than you, but I can only go by my own judgement and let Darrian go with his."
Hildegard replied with a nod.

He smiled, then arched an eyebrow, "And how do you know his books are of Verditius make, hmm?"

"I was running and errand to his apartment and I saw the old books in his shelves and Dr King noticed me looking at them and asked if I wanted a closer look, and I said yes so I read a bit in them and it says so in the books, it have the linage of the author right on the first page. He says his great grandfather or something was a Verditius who defected to the Order of Reason way back when but then later left them as well and decided to go it alone when they started to become corrupted by their own egos...or that is what he said at least."
Anna explained.
"That is okey right dad, Mr King did offer me to look at the books I did not bother him or anything."

[Casa Wainwright]

He waved to Poodle, "Would you like me to light the candle for you, too?"

"Yes...fire fire fire..."
The little imp replied and he danced around happily.

He showed Cita in and nodded to Anna, "Actually, why don't you sit in the hallway and keep an eye on the candle first; Poodle needs his reward, and we wouldn't want an accidental fire, would we? Ah, can you see him as he is?"

"Yeah sure...Poodle as in Master Morgan's imp, he is the one you where talking with dad?"
Anna asked as she went to find a pillow to sit on.
"Sure I can do that...can I read while I watch the candle?"
She asked and she indicated her book.

[Kyle's Room]

"Alright." he said with a smile, "I showed you guys the teleport through drawings thing. But that too mainstream. Let's try something a little more unique. I've only really practiced this type of teleportation with Shawn. So this may not work. But doesn't hurt to try."

"Ok Sir."
Kyle said clearly a little disappointed he would not be shown how to do teleporting through drawings.
"What sort of teleporting did you do with Shawn?"
He asked.

He raised his outstretched right hand up into the air so that Kyle and Stephen could easily see it. "Focus on my palm over here. Put all your attention on it. While your doing that I'll ask you a question. Do you guys know what Hammerspace is?"

As he asked the question, Serge placed his left hand behind his back, out of view from both hermetic mages.

"Yes like where Optimus Prime have his trailer?"
Kyle asked.
"That is pretty standard really, my Mentor have a whole little pocket realm, and I heard Master Sharaya have made a space just to get rid of burner phones that he calls burner phone hell."
He continued as he looked at your hand.
"Yeah a pocket realm or setting up some storage place to have things that you can then quickly grab things from on the go are pretty standard Sir."
Stephen agreed.
"It can be really useful for example if you are armed but do not have a permit, or something, or you have something else illegal by sleeper laws on you, if you are stopped by the police you just drop it into your storage area and they will find nothing on you."
The young Flambeau continued.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:23 pm

[Hobby room]

It should make the working all but impossible to detect Mr Griffith."
Crexia said.
"So my superiors will no see it on me? For if they do then I will be in a shit ton of trouble."
Thomas asked.
"I believe it should be safe, there is always a chance a more skilled mage will detect something but I am in fact quite skilled so I do not think you have to worry young man."
Crexia replied and Thomas sigh.
"O...ok...I guess that is okey then."

He nodded to him as he accepted their assessment and the potential risk. "Thank you."

"Strange...oogie boodie mystic stuff eh? Knock yourself out that is fine."
Thomas said and Crexia raised an eyebrow. Andrew whispered to him.
"Careful...Lady Crexia is like royalty, you need to be respectful."
The young Scribe said and Thomas raised an eyebrow to that. Crexia just gave the young Technocrat a benevolent look and said to you and Darrian.
"Well then Sodalis should we get started."

He glanced over at Thomas. "Very well. If you would please keep an overall eye on things as we shall be engaged?" he requested. Then he got to work creating a circle on the floor for them and making sure they had room.

// lol is Colin playing matchmaker during all of this xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:50 pm

[Hildegard's Apartment]
Anja wrote:"I was running and errand to his apartment and I saw the old books in his shelves and Dr King noticed me looking at them and asked if I wanted a closer look, and I said yes so I read a bit in them and it says so in the books, it have the linage of the author right on the first page. He says his great grandfather or something was a Verditius who defected to the Order of Reason way back when but then later left them as well and decided to go it alone when they started to become corrupted by their own egos...or that is what he said at least."
Anna explained.
"That is okey right dad, Mr King did offer me to look at the books I did not bother him or anything."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Hum, perhaps I ought to ask him for a look someday, too. Well, once I start making more lasting enchantments myself, at any rate."

[Casa Wainwright]
Anja wrote:"Yeah sure...Poodle as in Master Morgan's imp, he is the one you where talking with dad?"
Anna asked as she went to find a pillow to sit on.
"Sure I can do that...can I read while I watch the candle?"
She asked and she indicated her book.
He smiled thinly and brought out the candle and a box of matches, setting the candle holder on the floor and carefully lighting the candle, "Enjoy, Poodle... and no spreading the fire anywhere, you hear? And don't play with Anna's book, either."

As Anna sat down to keep an eye on Poodle's reward, he retreated into the apartment and closed the door, moving swiftly to put the kettle on, "Well, then, any preference tonight, Cita? Might I suggest a Rooibos blend, or perhaps a Darjeeling Oolong?"

((OOC: Not exactly, more like unobtrusive support for the already-inclined participants. Matchmaker would be more trying to set up two relative strangers, I think, rather than helping out two friends who have already displayed some interest. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:28 pm

[Hildegard's Apartment]

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Hum, perhaps I ought to ask him for a look someday, too. Well, once I start making more lasting enchantments myself, at any rate."

"They are rather interesting books."
Anna replied.

[Casa Wainwright]

He smiled thinly and brought out the candle and a box of matches, setting the candle holder on the floor and carefully lighting the candle, "Enjoy, Poodle... and no spreading the fire anywhere, you hear? And don't play with Anna's book, either."

"I will be good."
Poodle promised as he started dancing in the candle flame making is flicker wildly. Anna raised an eyebrow to this, then she sat down on the pillow and opened her book again and settled down to read.

As Anna sat down to keep an eye on Poodle's reward, he retreated into the apartment and closed the door, moving swiftly to put the kettle on, "Well, then, any preference tonight, Cita? Might I suggest a Rooibos blend, or perhaps a Darjeeling Oolong?"

"Hum...a Darjeeling Oolong sounds lovely."
Cita said with a smile.
"But please don't go to any trouble on my behalf Mr Wainwright...now what was it you wanted to discuss with me?"

[Basement]

He nodded to him as he accepted their assessment and the potential risk. "Thank you."

Crexia nodded. Thomas looked at you for a moment then he nodded as well.

He glanced over at Thomas. "Very well. If you would please keep an overall eye on things as we shall be engaged?" he requested. Then he got to work creating a circle on the floor for them and making sure they had room.

Andrew nodded at that.
"It would be an honor to observe such a ritual Sir."
The apprentice said.
"I think that ehm, circle on the floor stuff might be hard to do in here with the big table and all. I could get up and stand in the hallway. I am after all not tied to this chair."
Thomas offered.
"It would be more room there."
Darrian said and Crecia nodded.
"It might be more practical but then again our emies might overhear, the most practical thing might actually be to bring the young man to one of the ritual rooms."
The Tytalus suggested.

(OOC: I assume you meant Andrew observing?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:21 pm

(OOC: So we are at 30 pages again so it is time for a summary and then a new IC thread.

Adley have a Seeking where he have a disturbing image of the future where he sees Narim's Avatar stolen by Jace, he pass the Seeking and in the process figure out a working to protect the Virtual Adept, which eh successfully cast, he also create a ritual to protect Cava and Thomas from being taken over by Jace and are in the process of casting said ritual with Crexia, Darrian and Nico's help. He have done allot of studying of books and asking older magi for advice to make the rituals.

Serge have been helping out several others at the Chantry, he helped Helena with stress headaches and helped a prisoner get peaceful sleep after he woke up completely broken after the sand was used on him. A plan have been made for how to perhaps save the Banshee that is after him. Now he is trying to cheer up Kyle after the young mage was scared out of his wits when it was discovered the natural Caul known as the Nightmare Carnival had come to Boston. Colin had learned about it from Kallan.

Colin speaks with Tauge the Nephandus who attacked Anna, from him he get some information on Jace and also a number to his apprentice. Tauge is loyal to his Labyrinth but not to Wallace Jace. Though this apprentice, who are leaving and seeking refuge with the House of the Lost Colin learns of some of the defenses of Jace's lab and pass this along to Nicole and her group who are attacking said lab. Colin try to arrange for Thomas to meet Cava to perhaps get him to join the Traditions to watch over his younger sister. Colin is asked to see to it that the vampire Nicole's team captures are executed and he asks Crexia's help with that and she takes care of it. He also introduce her to Thomas since she want to thank the young Void Engineer for helping William. He tries to convince Thomas that the Nephandi have manipulated the Union to use the anti magick serum but the boy is not convinced.Right now Colin is having Cita over for tea after he made sure that Yu Die was taken to Hildegard's room to rest. He have also been helping Nico and Bruce who have a good eye for one another.

Nicole picked up shapechangers to help take down Jace's lab, unfortunately only Strawberry and a woman named Gerda have been willing to help, in addition to Coawa the Rokea. She had a discussion with the wer spider Alessa about politics and was also told that the Ananasi have been missing kinfolk as well. Meeting up with the rest of the strike team Nicole have been discussing with Jeffry and the others coming up with a plan of attack that will not trigger Jace's wards and they are now ready to go. Coawa seams to like Nicole

Everyone get 2 exp for this thread and Strife get one free dot in High Ritual due to his palyer's extensive work in putting together a realistic ritual.

Good gaming everyone. Here is the link to the next IC thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t228-battle-at-an-abandoned-hospital-rituals-and-the-tree-in-the-street-ic-thread-45#36665 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30