Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

4 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:38 am

She turned into quite a lot of spiders and went to the... Shelf. It's curious, i thought she'd turn into just one. Tane said, obviously he had wanted to ask that for a long while.

"It is not like I know everything about every other shifter Tane...but yes the rumors do say that the Ananasi turn into a swarm of spiders."
Coawa said as he put the bucket of fish down on the floor.

He went to the room and said Put your body up again, we have blood. That was the awkwardest sentence ever. He then went over the oven and started cooking some potatoes, eggs and more to mae a russian salad along the fished he had not decided how to prepare yet.

All the spiders crawled down from the shelf again and quickly reformed into Alessa's body.
"They are all my body you know I do not put myself back together."
The woman said and stretched. In the meantime Coawa had begun to cut the fish open and bleed them over a large bowl, he handed the bowl to Alessa and grimaced while he got another and continued to work. The werespider gulped the blood down and shuddered.
"Not the most tasty I have ever had but it will do."
She muttered then added.
"Thank you."
Coawa just grunted at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6 - Page 15 Empty Re: The Traitor, Conflicts and Foiling the Nephandi's Plans IC Thread 6

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:19 pm

Colin nodded to Harold, "It is quite aboveboard. I just need a spare set of eyes for a few minutes, and someone able to prevent him from using magic without having to resort to physical violence again, until a loose animal further downstairs has been dealt with. An animal which, as I understand it, is no threat to you."
He cleared his throat, "Mr. Bergen here is being placed under arrest, but I felt reliable backup was a necessary precaution. Consider it a... show of good faith. If you'd be so kind as to keep him in check while I tend to him?"
Accepting the belts, he smiled to Marie, "These should do magnificently."
Quickly slipping behind Ulv, he firmly tied his hands together, back to back, in a way that kept his thumbs and pinky and ring fingers looped together. Then he carefully examined Ulv's neck to see how badly bludgeoned it was, to make sure it wouldn't cause anything more severe than a headache.

((OOC: Well, then, Int + nonexistent Medicine, 5, 6, 6, 7... well, it should be good enough to see that he's not suffering a broken neck, at least...))

((OOC2: Also, good to see you back firing on most of your cylinders, man! Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:54 pm

Colin nodded to Harold, "It is quite aboveboard. I just need a spare set of eyes for a few minutes, and someone able to prevent him from using magic without having to resort to physical violence again, until a loose animal further downstairs has been dealt with. An animal which, as I understand it, is no threat to you."

"An animal you say Mr Wainwright that are not a danger but is problematic? Well certainly stopping this man from working magick should not be to hard."
The Hedge Wizard say he begun to mutter words in Latin and move his hands into precise, formal symbols. It was clear that Harold Danbrock's magic was Hermetic based but it looked closer to the ancient magick that Amadeus practiced than the quick, elegant form the Chief and his apprentice used.
"My magic only last one cycle of the sun, so at sun down I will have to repeat the spell, the same at sun up."
Harold explained when he was done.
"But I think that should hold for now. Be aware though that if this gentleman have never had his magick restrained before, it can be a quite frightening experience when he wakes up."

He cleared his throat, "Mr. Bergen here is being placed under arrest, but I felt reliable backup was a necessary precaution. Consider it a... show of good faith. If you'd be so kind as to keep him in check while I tend to him?"

Harold nodded, he did not ask what Ulv had done, it was not his business, but he did step up to the unconscious Cultist and stood watching him while you examined him.
"Certainly it should be no trouble."
The linear mage said politely.

Accepting the belts, he smiled to Marie, "These should do magnificently."

Marie gave you a smile and remained by the door to the apartment, watching as you worked on Ulv.

Quickly slipping behind Ulv, he firmly tied his hands together, back to back, in a way that kept his thumbs and pinky and ring fingers looped together. Then he carefully examined Ulv's neck to see how badly bludgeoned it was, to make sure it wouldn't cause anything more severe than a headache.

Ulv was breathing steadily, and his skin had it's regular pink hue, and his neck was not broken, from what you can tell he do not appear to be badly wounded, yes he will have one hell of a headache when he wakes up and a bruise was forming where you hit him, a pretty bad bruise at that, but from what you are able to tell he should be fine.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:44 pm

Colin smiled and nodded, "Thank you, I don't believe this should be necessary for any extended period of time, in any case, it is merely as a precaution for the next several minutes. Now, if you'll excuse me for a moment..."
He fished out his phone and called Narim, only barely waiting for an answer before he began to speak, "Sir, there's an island creature on the third floor... That island, from Horizon. Chief Morgan is on it, but could you pass on the word to our Linear Magi to come to his assistance?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:53 pm

Colin smiled and nodded, "Thank you, I don't believe this should be necessary for any extended period of time, in any case, it is merely as a precaution for the next several minutes. Now, if you'll excuse me for a moment..."

Harold nodded.
"Off course, and yes it should hold for now."
He said.

He fished out his phone and called Narim, only barely waiting for an answer before he began to speak, "Sir, there's an island creature on the third floor... That island, from Horizon. Chief Morgan is on it, but could you pass on the word to our Linear Magi to come to his assistance?"

"Yes hello what can I..."
Narim begun then as you spoke he fell silent and then he muttered something in his native language that did not need a translation.
"I will do so at once, so that is what all this commotion is about...are you sure there is only one of them Mr Wainwright? one should not be a great danger to others than our sick and wounded but several..."
The Virtual Adept said and he sounded quite concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:00 pm

"Sorry, Sir, I only heard the species identification through the stairwell; but whether one or more, the situation seems to be confined to the third floor... And we do have patients there. Chief Morgan said to get the Linears there, as they'd be safe."
He frowned, "I am in the attic, guarding a prisoner, and can't leave him alone until things calm down - if you'd let Morgan know once pest control is finished, I'd appreciate it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:16 pm

"Sorry, Sir, I only heard the species identification through the stairwell; but whether one or more, the situation seems to be confined to the third floor... And we do have patients there. Chief Morgan said to get the Linears there, as they'd be safe."

"Horizon should destroy that island...well in either case I will contact our linear magi and get them to help."
Narim agreed.
"Yes do you know if anyone is protecting the young man who had had problems with vampire blood and Miss Alexander?"
He asked and you hear his fingers clicking on another phone to send a message to the linear magi as he spoke.

He frowned, "I am in the attic, guarding a prisoner, and can't leave him alone until things calm down - if you'd let Morgan know once pest control is finished, I'd appreciate it."

"I will let Chief Morgan know Mr Wainwright. You stay safe now."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Is there anything else? For if not I should finish contacting the linear magi and then head up to the third floor myself to see if the Chief need any help with that monster."
Narim said and swallowed hard, he did not sound like he wanted to go up to the third floor but he was a Deacon at the Chantry and would do what was needed of him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:44 pm

Colin briefly shook his head, "I only expect Master Nassa to be with Miss Alexander; I don't know about anyone else, as such. I don't know if your mother tongue has a parallel to 'Godspeed', but all the same... Good luck, Sir."
He hung up, pocketed the phone again, and found another chair, resting it against the wall and sitting down, fishing out his pistol, unloading it and meticulously wiping it clean with a handkerchief while keeping a wary eye on Ulv - while there was no blood on the gun, it might have caught a few stray hairs when it was used on the guy, and it would just be improper to lug around that sort of sympathetic links to him all day.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:10 pm

Colin briefly shook his head, "I only expect Master Nassa to be with Miss Alexander; I don't know about anyone else, as such. I don't know if your mother tongue has a parallel to 'Godspeed', but all the same... Good luck, Sir."

"I am confident in Master Nassa's ability to protect Miss Alexander. I will however have to check up on young Tobias."
Narim said then he continued.
"There is such a parallel, it is acchee gati, and the same to you Mr Wainwright."
The Virtual Adept said before you hung up.

He hung up, pocketed the phone again, and found another chair, resting it against the wall and sitting down, fishing out his pistol, unloading it and meticulously wiping it clean with a handkerchief while keeping a wary eye on Ulv - while there was no blood on the gun, it might have caught a few stray hairs when it was used on the guy, and it would just be improper to lug around that sort of sympathetic links to him all day.

Dion looks at Ulv and asks you a bit nervously.
"Is he going to be alright Mr Wainwright? And if Ulv is responsible for this chaos, what would posses him to do such a thing?"
The Chorister said, it was clear she did not know what she should think or feel about the matter, after all Ulv Bergen was in her Cabal.

Marie Danbrock looks at you then she asks.
"If you are waiting up here Mr Wainwright, would you like a cup of tea?"
The true believer asks, her husband though grunt at the notion of getting friendly with the people who was holding his son captive.
"You said this creature eat...Avatars Mr Wainwright, the very notion is terrifying...Raymond is safe is he not? He will not be attacked by it?"
Harold never the less asked in a concerned tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Colin sighed at Dion's question and looked up, "I can't say for certain he will be alright - I'm fairly sure he'll suffer only a bit of a headache from the slight bludgeoning, but the assault charges leveled against him are serious. And I'm no lawyer. It all depends on what our Deacons decide is appropriate in response. As for what might possess him to do such a thing, if indeed he is responsible, well... Suffice to say Magi are people, every bit as much as Sleepers. Good people, bad people, clever people and utter nitwits, all bundled together. Whether something wrong is done out of deliberate malice or ignorance and stupidity is sometimes hard to say. Unless you mean possess in the literal sense, of course."
He sighed again, "Thank you, Mrs. Danbrock, a cup of tea would be quite good right now... One sugar, if you please. And yes, Sir, the creature is terrifying, but I'm quite certain Raymond is safe; he is under guard, and inside a, well, cell. I'm given to understand the creature isn't intelligent enough to open doors, much less disable wards on its own."
He carefully looked over the gun, considered it adequately clean, and reloaded it before pocketing it again and getting to his feet. "Now, Mr. Danbrock, I have to ask, are you perchance a combat veteran? There's something in your stance, you wary attitude that looks rather familiar."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:01 pm

Colin sighed at Dion's question and looked up, "I can't say for certain he will be alright - I'm fairly sure he'll suffer only a bit of a headache from the slight bludgeoning, but the assault charges leveled against him are serious. And I'm no lawyer. It all depends on what our Deacons decide is appropriate in response. As for what might possess him to do such a thing, if indeed he is responsible, well... Suffice to say Magi are people, every bit as much as Sleepers. Good people, bad people, clever people and utter nitwits, all bundled together. Whether something wrong is done out of deliberate malice or ignorance and stupidity is sometimes hard to say. Unless you mean possess in the literal sense, of course."

"No Mr Wainwright I did not mean possess in the literal sense."
Dion sigh and shake her head.
"I just hope he is not responsible and that he will not be evicted from the Chantry, it is never wise for a mage to be alone, there is always a bigger chance the Union will get you then."
The young Chorister said and looked away.
"But then if he have attacked someone at the Chantry...I understand that can not be tolerated."
She muttered.
"Yes we do seam to come in all types, some are kind, and some are not and magick do not seam to be any guarantee for wisdom."

He sighed again, "Thank you, Mrs. Danbrock, a cup of tea would be quite good right now... One sugar, if you please.

Marie smiles and nods.
"And you Miss Blackwell?"
She asks Dion and the Chorister nods.
"A cup of tea would be nice ma'am if it is not to much bother, just plain please."
She said and Marie walks back into the apartment.

And yes, Sir, the creature is terrifying, but I'm quite certain Raymond is safe; he is under guard, and inside a, well, cell. I'm given to understand the creature isn't intelligent enough to open doors, much less disable wards on its own."

Harold Danbrock sigh and he gave a grunt when you mention that Raymond was in a cell but then he nodded.
"Good, damn it I so wish I could protect him."
The hedge wizards said and he sounded quite frustrated.

He carefully looked over the gun, considered it adequately clean, and reloaded it before pocketing it again and getting to his feet. "Now, Mr. Danbrock, I have to ask, are you perchance a combat veteran? There's something in your stance, you wary attitude that looks rather familiar."

"Military? I went through basic traning as an engineer once long ago, before I even met Marie, but I never saw combat myself, I worked at a base maintaining equipment for quite some years though, so I would not call myself a veteran.
Harold said and glanced at you then he god a dark look in his eyes.
"But my order is often...hunted I have learned to stay alert to protect those I care for...even if I am not always able to do so."

At this point Marie came back with two cups of tea and handed one to you.
"Here you go Mr Wainwright, one sugar."
She said before she haded the other cup to Dion.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:56 pm

Colin accepted the cup with a faint smile, "Thank you."
Sipping lightly, he continued, "Mr. Danbrock, I believe you're a good man, given a burden most men might not have the shoulders to carry. I can't claim that you and your family are among only friends here - God knows our society, like Sleeper society, has its share of bigoted idiots - but from one seasoned warrior to another, could I ask you to at least lower your hackles, if not your guard around me, for Raymond's sake?"
He extended his hand for a shake, "Believe me, hostility, kindness, or even mutual respect... Memories of such treatments and attitudes will stay with you in this life and the next, so, what say you we start over with with the intent to protect your son as best we can, and take it from there?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:13 pm

Colin accepted the cup with a faint smile, "Thank you."

Marie smiles to you and nodded.

Sipping lightly, he continued, "Mr. Danbrock, I believe you're a good man, given a burden most men might not have the shoulders to carry. I can't claim that you and your family are among only friends here - God knows our society, like Sleeper society, has its share of bigoted idiots - but from one seasoned warrior to another, could I ask you to at least lower your hackles, if not your guard around me, for Raymond's sake?"

"I have nothing against you personally Mr Wainwright, you have as far as I known not harmed my son and shown him and the rest of my family kindness and respect. I just...it is the Traditions I have a problem with, and their practice of...Gilgulling children like Raymond never asking if the Fallen kid they have gotten their claws in are an actual threat or is someone who is fighting what they are. It is hard for me to be here, sitting on my hands while my son is in danger from the very people I have tried so hard to protect him from."
Harold looks away and sigh.
"And I do not not look forward to euthanasing another loved one destroyed by a supernatural power if the promised hope your leader give my son do not pan out."
The hedge wizard said softly.

He extended his hand for a shake, "Believe me, hostility, kindness, or even mutual respect... Memories of such treatments and attitudes will stay with you in this life and the next, so, what say you we start over with with the intent to protect your son as best we can, and take it from there?"

Harold hesitated then he sigh and took your hand and nodded.
"Very well Mr Wainwright. I just hope that we can protect him, for the Traditions are not kind to widderslainte children."
He said as he shook your hand.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:29 pm

Colin nodded, giving Harold a firm shake, "I know precisely how you feel... If not for Mr. Roth Hicks, I would likely have been in that precise predicament not 48 hours ago, for a dear friend right here in this Chantry. If not for Mr. Roth Hicks and Chief Morgan's efforts, a young woman in my own Cabal would have been... well, suffice to say I have full confidence in the Chief's dedication here. It is an ugly practice, and one I hope to see the end of."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:01 pm

"I have never encountered one before, but the way I understand it, then it is a physical creature of sorts, but it exist both in the physical world and in the Umbra." The Chief said as he got in to position to attack the creature. "And it do not go down easily, that I have been told. There is a reason why Horizon have not just wiped out these critters one and for all."

"I see..." he said, exchanging the gun for his club and leaving his pater to make use of his full attention on the thing. There were just too many people running amok to use it without risk of hitting someone and if need be he could use it for other means.

"Should I stay and try to get the Mercere to safety?" The young scribe asked. Most of the others ignored the messengers since they knew they where in not in danger from the creature, and Awakened mage however was, Andrew had no idea what was going on thought but he added in a compassionate tone of voice. "They look so scared, I could get them downstairs."

Andrew was a good kid and he's seen more than his share, more than he had when he'd been an apprentice. "You need to stay away from that monster and it is after them. My pater is going to get rid of it, what you can do is help..." He was cut off by his mentor's voice.

"Damn I had almost forgotten about that Orphan, Adley bring him down with the Verbena his Avatar to is weakened and would be in danger, though it do not seam like our friend here have much of an appetite for him."

'Yes sir!" Damn, but this was a mess...he saw Tobias and Cita trying to move through the hallway.

// where in the hallway is the creature in relation to everyone? Is it still accosting the Mercere? Also, I forgot which floor Nico was on, the second? I'll address the rest of the post then

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:17 pm

Colin:

Harold raised an eyebrow.
"Someone was saved by Mr Roth Hicks and Mr Morgan? A widderslainte? And this woman is now allowed to live in peace among you?"
The hedge wizard asked a bit more hopeful, if one widderslainte was allowed to keep her Avatar, then perhaps his son would to.
"It is an ugly practice."
Harold said and sigh.
"And it must appear even uglier for those who have an Awakened Avatar. Yes I hope that practice will come to an end, there have to be some other way to deal with these widderslainte children."
The hedge wizard said and sigh.
"I do hope your friend will be all right now at least."
He said.

Dion shivered as the conversation turned to what had hapened to Beatrice, she did not say anything, it was not her place to comment but it was clear the conversation sent shivers down her spine.

Adley:

Andrew was a good kid and he's seen more than his share, more than he had when he'd been an apprentice. "You need to stay away from that monster and it is after them. My pater is going to get rid of it, what you can do is help..." He was cut off by his mentor's voice.

Andrew was silent and listened as you begun to give him instructions, it was clear that the whole situation, and the creature in the hallway scared him, but he did want to help so he stayed and he listened and waited to be told what he could do.

'Yes sir!" Damn, but this was a mess...he saw Tobias and Cita trying to move through the hallway.

Cita and Tobias made it through the hallway fairly easily, the island creature was clearly repulsed by the Orphan and reacted much like you would if someone had offered you a plate of food who had stood rotting for two weeks, so it did not try to attack the pair, still Jeffry made sure to place himself between the creature and the two fleeing magi.

The island creature is right outside of 216, it shows absolutely no interest in the Mercere what so ever, chances are it never attacked them but where summoned to or placed to their room to freak out Micah after all seeing what destroyed his Avatar is not likely to be good for his peace of mind. Hildegard, the Chief and Adjan is standing around the creature trying to keep it in check. Micha is pressed against the opposite wall on the floor appearing to be in shock and Susannah is sitting on the floor not far from him clearly upset and making a strange wailing sound. Nico is on the second floor yes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:22 pm

// I see, thanks for explaining I have a hard time with visualizing stuff like that. Who has room 216?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:27 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "She's the sweetest girl you could imagine, really. Sure, she has some rather dark sides, but she's one of the kindest young women in the city. The whole situation was rather a judicial mess, though - and one I know Chief Morgan won't permit to happen to Raymond through sloppy terminology. And I assure you, Awakened or not, it still looks horrible."
Dark shadows formed under his eyes, "I can't see spirits, or Avatars, but I can still see the pain of the person I'm holding... Worst minutes of my life, but she managed to hold on long enough for help to arrive."

((OOC: Surely, the beastie is outside 316, Micah's apartment? 216 was Colin's apartment, wasn't it?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:29 pm

(OOC: If Warp remembered right it is the room the Mercere was given. If that is wrong then let us just say outside their room. I to are terrible with visualizing where everything is in a scene. I can try to draw it and post it if that will help. Yes 316 I wonder where my head is today. Sorry.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:37 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "She's the sweetest girl you could imagine, really. Sure, she has some rather dark sides, but she's one of the kindest young women in the city. The whole situation was rather a judicial mess, though - and one I know Chief Morgan won't permit to happen to Raymond through sloppy terminology. And I assure you, Awakened or not, it still looks horrible."

Harold smiles a little.
"Raymond is...a kind young man to in many ways but he have more than a few dark sides he...do loose control at times and...animals have gone missing, but he is trying to fight the darkness inside of him, he is trying so hard and I want there to be a better fate for him than what the Traditions offer."
He said then he nodded.
"I hope the judicial problems for your friend are sorted out now and that she will be all right though that must have been quite a scare, poor woman."
The hedge wizard said in a sympathetic tone of voice.
"I have thankfully never seen...what the Traditions do to those like my son...but I have seen true mages...ah I hate that term...turned into vampires, the result is...tragic."
Harold said and shuddered.
"Just tragic."

Dark shadows formed under his eyes, "I can't see spirits, or Avatars, but I can still see the pain of the person I'm holding... Worst minutes of my life, but she managed to hold on long enough for help to arrive."

Harold looked quite shocked.
"They started the ritual on your friend?"
He asked softly.
"Poor woman...I am sorry I should not rip up in any bad memories...will...she survive, all of her?"
The hedge wizard asked he seamed concerned and saddened by what you where telling him.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:28 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Oh, she'll be fine; I have it on the best authority that she'll be making a full recovery with a bit of time and bed rest."
He sank down on the chair again, sighing, "One day, perhaps, someone will be able to sort out everything that's happened this past week, but really, it's been less a chain of events, and more like a blind octopus trying to seduce itself."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Oh, she'll be fine; I have it on the best authority that she'll be making a full recovery with a bit of time and bed rest."

"I am glad to hear it."
Harold said said nodded.
"I wish the poor woman the best.

He sank down on the chair again, sighing, "One day, perhaps, someone will be able to sort out everything that's happened this past week, but really, it's been less a chain of events, and more like a blind octopus trying to seduce itself."

"I have come to understand that things have gotten hectic for this Chantry over the last week yes."
Harold said and nodded.
"I have...experienced...the Nephandi becoming more active, I guess it is them stirring up trouble which is the main issue?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Cita and Tobias made it through the hallway fairly easily, the island creature was clearly repulsed by the Orphan...still Jeffry made sure to place himself between the creature and the two fleeing magi.

He looked back at Andrew as Tobias and Cita cleared the main danger and got to the stairs. "Can you help Cita with Tobias and when I come downstairs with Beatrice and her mentor, help Amadeus if he needs it?" That would keep him mostly out of danger, he hoped but also be very useful in this critical time. "Do not put yourself in the way of that animal, understand? Stay away from it."

"We are right behind you Mr Roth Hicks." The old mage said

"Good," he said, he checked the area as he exited the door and then placed himself to cover them, brandishing his weapon as they got out of the room. He wasn't even aware if he sounded like he was giving orders, he was being succinct and telling them what they needed to know in the shortest amount of time. He was wary of the creature finding itself a new target in his friend, being the most prone person that he could think of in the area.

// nah that's cool, outside the Mercere's room is good enough I figure the hallway's not THAT wide, just long. Just wanted to know if he was about to ask the kid to get himself in direct line of danger or not, and it does not appear so at this time. Thanks for offering though. =)    Also, I'll be out for a bit this afternoon, just fyi.

And yeah, Thanks Warp! I got most of the cylinders working, a few might need some new spark plugs xD LOL, blind octopus comment made me laugh so hard...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Colin shrugged, frowning, "Odd though it may sound... I'm actually not worried about the Nephandi. I'm still piecing together things for myself, and it seems... I don't know... If you have a stick of dynamite with a blasting cap, and the fuse to the blasting cap is lit, what would you consider the main issue; that you have a stick of dynamite in your hand, that it is primed to detonate, that the fuse is burning, or that someone decided to blow you up? I'm not pretending to have all the details - in fact, I suspect I'm missing several quite vital pieces of the puzzle - but something in this entire conflagration doesn't quite add up... It's like we're so busy looking at chess pieces, we're not looking at the players."
He shook his head, rubbing his eyes lightly, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't ramble on about this; we're mostly on top of each problem as and when we become aware of them, we've just rather hit a peak of activity. The next thing you know, we'll offer family counseling for spider swarms, student exchanges with the Technocratic Union, and dietary supplements for the local flora. Well... we've actually done the last one this week..."

((OOC: Glad you liked the mental imagery. More where that came from. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:16 pm

Adley:

He looked back at Andrew as Tobias and Cita cleared the main danger and got to the stairs. "Can you help Cita with Tobias and when I come downstairs with Beatrice and her mentor, help Amadeus if he needs it?"

Andrew nodded.
"I can do that Sir."
The boy said he did want to be of help.

That would keep him mostly out of danger, he hoped but also be very useful in this critical time. "Do not put yourself in the way of that animal, understand? Stay away from it."

"I will keep away from it Mr Roth Hicks, I have no intention of going anywhere near it, I have no idea of what it is but if the others are fleeing from it that probably mean it is not friendly."
The young mage said then he gave a little bow and went to help Cita with Tobias and help the sickly Orphan get safely down the stairs.

"Good," he said, he checked the area as he exited the door and then placed himself to cover them, brandishing his weapon as they got out of the room. He wasn't even aware if he sounded like he was giving orders, he was being succinct and telling them what they needed to know in the shortest amount of time. He was wary of the creature finding itself a new target in his friend, being the most prone person that he could think of in the area.

The island creature turned as you lead the two Verbena out of Beatrice's room, it was as if it sensed that Beatrice's Avatar was both large and wounded, that it would make a most delicious meal and with a inhuman screech it sped towards you and the Verbena. Jeffry shouted something in Latin and a ball of fire hit the creature in the back, but it just sort of absorbed the impact. Hildegaard's beautiful voice filled the hallway as she sang and a warm glow surrounded the island creature and this did seam to hurt it, but not enough to truly stop it from storming towards it's intended meal.
"The fucking thing absorbs magick!"
Your mentor shouted.
"Yes but pure primal energies do seam to have some effect Master Morgan."
Hildegaard said.
"Let us see how well it do with steel."
Adjan said and he lunged at the monstrosity, his movements precise and elegant as he delivered a kick to it's side sending it into a wall and then burying his dagger in it's side. The island creature screamed but it did not bleed and it sort of reached inside of the Euthanatos, as if it could touch him on more than one plane of existence and drew back it's head to bite but before it could do so your mentor grabbed it, and tossed it to the side and drew his gun before emptying the clip into the monster at point black range, again the monstrosity screamed and this slowed it down but it was far from dead.
"Adley get them out of here!"
Jeffry Morgan shouted. Adjan staggered a bit and shuddered.
"Thank you Master Morgan."
He muttered.
"No problem, are you all right Mr Terach."
Your mentor asked and Adjan nodded.
"Yes I am fine."
He said, he took a better grip on his dagger and prepared to attack the island creature again.

Beatrice probably did not understand what was going on, but she could see the fighting and the chaos and the shouting and screaming and she screamed herself in fear, her mind was still far to fragile from what had happened to be able to handle this terrifying situation and Amadeus picked up speed to get her out of there. The island monstrosity was still trying to get past the three mages fighting it to get at Beatrice and her delicious Avatar though their efforts had bought you a little time it seamed as it was now wounded at least, though still attacking.

Colin:

Colin shrugged, frowning, "Odd though it may sound... I'm actually not worried about the Nephandi. I'm still piecing together things for myself, and it seems... I don't know... If you have a stick of dynamite with a blasting cap, and the fuse to the blasting cap is lit, what would you consider the main issue; that you have a stick of dynamite in your hand, that it is primed to detonate, that the fuse is burning, or that someone decided to blow you up? I'm not pretending to have all the details - in fact, I suspect I'm missing several quite vital pieces of the puzzle - but something in this entire conflagration doesn't quite add up... It's like we're so busy looking at chess pieces, we're not looking at the players."

"Hum...so you are thinking there are more at play here than just the Fallen deciding to rear their ugly heads and cause trouble Mr Wainwright?"
Harold said and nodded.
"Well there is certainly something going on, there is a mood in the city that is so thick you could cut it with a knife, a storm is brewing and we will be in the midst of it very soon."
The hedge wizard said and sigh.

He shook his head, rubbing his eyes lightly, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't ramble on about this; we're mostly on top of each problem as and when we become aware of them, we've just rather hit a peak of activity. The next thing you know, we'll offer family counseling for spider swarms, student exchanges with the Technocratic Union, and dietary supplements for the local flora. Well... we've actually done the last one this week..."

"Ah you like gardening Mr Wainwright?"
Marie asked in a friendly tone of voice from where she stood beside her husband. Harold nodded.
"Well trouble seldom come alone. I do not mind the conversation Mr Wainwright, but you might not want to discuss to much with me since I and my wife is just loosely allied with your Chantry at best."
He said and nodded.
"However if I can help out in any way, I do owe your group one for healing me and getting me out of the hospital, not that it would mean I would not take any opportunity to save my son if such an opportunity should present itself, but barring that I am willing to help."
Harold offered.

(OOC: Well yes that octopus...not that would be something to see. No the hallway is not that wide it is a normal apartment building hallway. Also Beatrice is delicious...at least if you are a island creature. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next