Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 10 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:59 am

You step through the portal and arrive back in Narim's office, Hannah and your mentor having stepped to the side to give you room. Narim waits until you are safely through, the others have probably told him that Colin was not coming yet then he tapped a tablet a few times and the portal vanished. It felt even easier this time to be in one place and then suddenly in another, you where getting used to teleportation at an alarming rate.
"Thank you Narim."
Jeffry said, he gave the Virtual Adept a concerned look, the man had been working quite a bit of vulgar magick as of late. Narim though gave you both a smile instead to show that he was alright.

Your mentor was tired but that did not mean he would not get things done so he turned to you.
"Ok let us make arrangements and quickly. I want you to take Miss Larson back to her room, and then go to the basement and find Amadeus, either take over guard duty for him until he gets back or find someone who can. Tell him we have a wounded Traditionalist prisoner. In the meantime I will be taking Miss Birmar to the attic and find her a room there, warding the room and restraining her will have to do until we get more information out of her, after that we are giving her back to her own Chantry, they will have to deal with her."
Your mentor ordered.
"I will take care of the wards for Miss Birmar's room then I will find someone to send to assist Mr Wainwright then we meet back in my office...any questions?"
The man said after he had divided the tasks that needed to be done.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 10 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:13 am

Colin bowed and produced a business card, "Well met, ladies and gentlemen. I'm only glad we could save Mr. Northwind's life and mind alike, even if the application of, well, modern medicine was necessitated. Severe head trauma; had there been time, I would have waited, but there was brain swelling, and he'd been unconscious for over 40 minutes. My card; I am somewhat uncomfortable identifying myself here, in the presence of, well... It is a small world out there, as I'm sure you know. I'll answer to John Steed while I am at the docks. Now, we should get Mr. Northwind somewhere restful; I believe I can explain the rough chain of events in some detail once out of, hm, electronic earshot."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:17 am

"Thank you," he echoed as he stepped safely through. Having seen how bad it could go surely made him appreciate it more when he got to where he was going soundly, even if it seemed like it was becoming less disorienting. And shunting them all around had not come free of charge, he knew that too well to take for granted. "Er...are we safe from our unintended guest that was in here?" he said with a frown.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:04 am

Colin:

Colin bowed and produced a business card, "Well met, ladies and gentlemen. I'm only glad we could save Mr. Northwind's life and mind alike, even if the application of, well, modern medicine was necessitated. Severe head trauma; had there been time, I would have waited, but there was brain swelling, and he'd been unconscious for over 40 minutes. My card; I am somewhat uncomfortable identifying myself here, in the presence of, well... It is a small world out there, as I'm sure you know. I'll answer to John Steed while I am at the docks.

Arden took the card and looked at it then she nodded.
"Very well Sir I can accept your reluctance to use your name under the circumstances."
She said. When you mentioned modern medicine some of her companions begun to loudly protest but the diplomat herself lifted one slightly plump hand to silence them.
"A healing spell is a healing spell ladies and gentlemen, no matter by what Paradigm it was produced."
She told her fellows then she turned to you.
"The important thing is that Mr Northwind is alive and on the mend, off course his Chantry will probably wish for there to be some examination to be sure the Technocratic doctor did not sneak anything into her rote but other than that it should be fine. In fact at my home Chantry we have a Son of Ether physician who are an accomplished healer so I have nothing against non naturalist methods as long as they work and are safe."
The woman said.

Now, we should get Mr. Northwind somewhere restful; I believe I can explain the rough chain of events in some detail once out of, hm, electronic earshot."

"We can talk at our ship then Mr Steed, there is a certain urgency for us to get back to repairing her and being on our way. I will contact Mr Northwind's Chantry from there and have them pick him up once he have rested some."
The diplomat said as she turned and started to lead you and the Verbena delegation towards the strange collection of roots and leaves that sat out on the open field.

Adley:

Narim looks at you and sigh.
"I am not completely sure to be honest with you Adley. Master Telar's friend arrived shortly after you left, and he had this young woman with him, she went up here and stayed for a while and the last I heard our ehm...guest is in the Umbra, with this girl still talking with it...at least my things have stopped breaking in here, but whatever or not she have gotten rid of it for good I do not know."
The Virtual Adept replied.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:15 am

"I am not completely sure to be honest with you Adley...at least my things have stopped breaking in here, but whatever or not she have gotten rid of it for good I do not know."

"I see." Well, there was no telling where the damn thing was then. Hopefully soon to be gone but he found himself looking around anyway with a slight frown. He dug out Birmar's phone to hand out to Narim, one arm still holding the woman from toppling. "Colin found this on the Etherite and said to give it to you. I checked it as best I could for active rotes or tracers but did not find anything," he explained. Then he shifted the woman so she wouldn't keep her head hanging down and looked at his mentor, listening to his orders. He gave a nod. "Very well, though if you wish I can carry her up to the attic, or at least part of the way, if Hanna does not mind the additional company for a few minutes." He glanced at her, trying to see how she was doing overall coping with everything that had happened. "I will meet you in your office as soon as I am able."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:58 am

Narim eyed Lori Birmar for a moment then he took the phone.
"I bet there are quite some story as to why you are bringing a wounded Etherite to the Chantry."
He said then he nodded.
"But I guess there are no time for stories now, I will see what I can find on this phone then."
He confirmed as he put the phone on his desk.

Hannah gave you a slight smile.
"I do not mind."
She said and Jeffry reluctantly agreed as well, the old mage did not like showing weakness, but right now he was pretty worn out and having a hand with the Etherite for a bit longer would be welcome.
"Carry her as far as Miss Larson's room and I will take it from there."
He said.

Hannah seamed to be doing well, she was concerned you see, and that concern was probably for June through she seamed very relieved the dark haired Nephandus had not been captured, it would have weighed her down if June had been taken prisoner when she could have helped her, but the girl fleeing, at least that meant she had a chance, for now, even if it was not a very good chance.
"We should probably go then."
Hannah said before she gave a polite nod to Narim.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:58 am

Colin nodded and followed along to the Verbena ship, "If it helps, I can verify I did not see the doctor add anything to the regenerative serum she used; I can of course not guarantee she did nothing to the treatment, but from a few minutes of conversation, she does not strike me as the type to do something underhanded like that. I think I have a fair measure of the good doctor when I say she seems the type who would never compromise her ideals and obligations for her own petty entertainment. While she would not have objected to watching Mr. Northwind, or indeed any other Traditionalist, die, I don't believe she would do so while he was in her care."
He half-smiled, "Oddly, I can understand the Technocrats, and appreciate what they try to do, even if I don't agree with them. Under other circumstances, I might have wound up with them instead - there but for the grace of Tolkien I go, I suppose. At any rate, they are a better enemy than the Fallen..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:23 am

The Verbena diplomat nodded.
"I do not suspect that the good doctor did add anything to her rote, I have never heard of something like that happening at the Boston Umbral docks and the neutral grounds that have been established here are dependent on everyone working to make it function, I doubt she would jeopardize such a useful establishment Mr Steed but it never hurts to be sure."
The tall, board shouldered woman said as she walked.
"They are indeed a better enemy than the Fallen, and if I had to choose a faction for the world to fall to, The Union might be the lesser evil of both the Nephandi and the Marauders, but still, they want a world that is completely static, with no choice, no change and no development, perfect and pristine like a butterfly on a pin in a glass cage and I would gladly give my life to avoid such a world."
Lady Arden said.

The group of Verbena and Colin arrived back at the sphere of roots and Lady Arden showed the way down one forest like corridor and pulled at a branch to open a hatch into a room filled with four bunks, here to everything was made of plants save the bed sheets and covers.
"I do believe Thorn will be comfortable here until we have completed repairs and are ready to leave."
The older Verbena said and Thorn himself nodded.
"Thank you my Lady and I do apologize for being knocked out, I am sure I could help with repairs..."
He said but Arden mildly pushed him into one of the bunks.
"No Mr Northwind, you need rest and being knocked out could have happened to any of us, now rest and regain your strength, you have done enough so that it should be fairly simple for the rest of us to regrow the damaged areas of the ship and get her ready to leave."
The woman said before she turned to one of her group.
"Stay with him, the rest of you start repairs while I finish my conversation with Mr Steed."
She said and a pale haired young man sat down next to Thorn's bed while the other three and the young boy went outside. Lady Arden begun to lead you down another corridor while she asked.
"Now Mr Steed I would like to have the whole story of what happened here please."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:47 pm

Colin nodded, "It would be a world without the human spirit. Not the sort of place I would want to live in. Not the sort of place I would want the Sleepers of the world to live in. I could live with the Union having a little pocket world of their own like that, though."
He helped Thorn into bed, and smiled at him, "Sir, I hope that under the circumstances, you can tolerate to rest before the rest of the tale is related to you by your colleagues? By the way, now I think we're reasonably safe, and since you are with the Boston coven, I should let you know, my name is Colin Wainwright, Orphan resident of Steelhaven Hall. I'm a cabalmate of Beatrice Alexander, and I have Amadeus Nassa's trust. Now, you should get some sleep, sir."
He followed Lady Arden onward, "Now, milady, I'm afraid I can't give you an unabridged version of events; too many shenanigans by the Fallen are involved, but we at Steelhaven found evidence the Nephandi were planning to detonate an... I never quite certainly got whether it was abysmal or abyssal fireball. In either case, it was going to blow up the Umbral Port, as well as the mundane airport and quite a bit of the surrounding landscape, as I understand it. Our secuurity chief, one of my cabalmates, one other and I came here right away, and got the evacuation started while we located the undetonated fireball itself, and the Fallen forced out here to detonate it. My cabalmate and the other person I referred to managed to manipulate the Fallen into not detonating the fireball - the 'volunteer' has a personal soft spot we could exploit, and she was not so far gone as to wish for others than herself to die. I believe your Miss Tressa met the Fallen in question, in fact."
He cleared his throat, "In any case, the two younger members of our team managed to dissuade the Nephandus, while Chief Morgan and I drained the fireball. We were lucky I just had a flash of insight into the appropriate sphere; I managed to create a spell that taps and wastes all the Quintessence it can get from a predetermined source, bypassing the caster entirely. That likely spared the Chief a lot of that vile resonance; luckily, it seems the fireball had been left to soak ripen in a more healthy location than a corrupt node, so only a part of the quintessence was twisted. As an added bonus, my spell did not require my maintaining it, so I was able to keep ready in case of something undesirable happening. As it turns out, that was a good thing - there was an unwilling traitor on the premises; I managed to stop that one before they had the time to pull the trigger. Managed to save their life, too, though they might need a prosthetic down the road. In any case, the Chief secured the prisoner and sent me off to inform the evacuation crews that the bomb was dealt with, and to check on the other part of our team. As I got here, the Fallen had managed to, hm, force her way to freedom and run off - I barely saw her before she left this plane of existence somewhere out of pistol range on the far side of the ship. At that point we realized that Mr. Northwind was still unconscious, so I made the decision to get him to medical assistance while the rest of my team hasted back home, and I have another meeting here in a little while. I expect I shall be made to clean a lot of silverware in the Chantry come next week for that one, since I did not confer with the chief first... but that's my problem, not yours. And at any rate, I don't regret that judgment call, either. Not yet, at least..."
He shook his head, "In any case, this threat has been dealt with. Now we wait to learn of the next, and do what we can in the interim. On that note, if it's not a bother, I should like to learn what I can about the layout of the Umbral Port - I may come to spend some time here in the foreseeable future, and I would prefer to know which parts I should avoid out of courtesy, and which parts offer the assorted services for pilots and passengers."
He looked at his watch and gave her a wink, "I have a meeting at two, so I need to dispose of some of that time in a reasonably safe place, and unless a big bad wolf or seven angry dwarves with mining gear show up, this should be as safe as any, I suppose..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:54 pm

Colin nodded, "It would be a world without the human spirit. Not the sort of place I would want to live in. Not the sort of place I would want the Sleepers of the world to live in. I could live with the Union having a little pocket world of their own like that, though."

"What the Union want to do in their own realms are up to them as long as they do not kidnap people from our world to populate it."
Lady Arden said and scoffed.
"But yes I would not want to live in such a world."

He helped Thorn into bed, and smiled at him, "Sir, I hope that under the circumstances, you can tolerate to rest before the rest of the tale is related to you by your colleagues? By the way, now I think we're reasonably safe, and since you are with the Boston coven, I should let you know, my name is Colin Wainwright, Orphan resident of Steelhaven Hall. I'm a cabalmate of Beatrice Alexander, and I have Amadeus Nassa's trust. Now, you should get some sleep, sir."

"What I would like to do is help with the ship Sir but, I guess rest it is since Lady Arden have ordered me to get some."
Thorn said but yes he did look pretty out of it still and he was pale and clearly needed the rest.
"Ah yes Colin Wainwright, Beatrice have mentioned your name."
The man said then he looked concerned.
"I should have gone to visit her after...well...how is she?"
Thorn said and glanced at you with worry for his Coven sister in his eyes.

He followed Lady Arden onward, "Now, milady, I'm afraid I can't give you an unabridged version of events; too many shenanigans by the Fallen are involved, but we at Steelhaven found evidence the Nephandi were planning to detonate an... I never quite certainly got whether it was abysmal or abyssal fireball. In either case, it was going to blow up the Umbral Port, as well as the mundane airport and quite a bit of the surrounding landscape, as I understand it. Our secuurity chief, one of my cabalmates, one other and I came here right away, and got the evacuation started while we located the undetonated fireball itself, and the Fallen forced out here to detonate it. My cabalmate and the other person I referred to managed to manipulate the Fallen into not detonating the fireball - the 'volunteer' has a personal soft spot we could exploit, and she was not so far gone as to wish for others than herself to die. I believe your Miss Tressa met the Fallen in question, in fact."

"I did...she came in here and told me to take my apprentice and run, you had already taken the others and gone to speak with the port authorities at that point my Lady."
Tressa said and Arden nodded to you.
"It is Abysmal I think Mr Wainwright and yes if a modern Ball of Abysmal Flame had been activated at this Umbra docks then that would have been catastrophic, it seams we all and quite a few others owe you and your team our lives."
The diplomat said.
"I am most grateful."

He cleared his throat, "In any case, the two younger members of our team managed to dissuade the Nephandus, while Chief Morgan and I drained the fireball. We were lucky I just had a flash of insight into the appropriate sphere; I managed to create a spell that taps and wastes all the Quintessence it can get from a predetermined source, bypassing the caster entirely. That likely spared the Chief a lot of that vile resonance; luckily, it seems the fireball had been left to soak ripen in a more healthy location than a corrupt node, so only a part of the quintessence was twisted. As an added bonus, my spell did not require my maintaining it, so I was able to keep ready in case of something undesirable happening. As it turns out, that was a good thing

"An interesting rote Mr Wainwright...I do wonder if something similar can be used to clean out a corrupted or sanitized Node, granted allot of Quintessence would be lost, but it might make it easier for a Node cleanser to deal with the underlying issue...well never mind be that as it may, it is good you and your friend managed to deal with the rote in either case, I would not have liked to loose my friends or my life this day."
The Verbena woman said and she gave you a measured little smile.

there was an unwilling traitor on the premises; I managed to stop that one before they had the time to pull the trigger. Managed to save their life, too, though they might need a prosthetic down the road. In any case, the Chief secured the prisoner and sent me off to inform the evacuation crews that the bomb was dealt with, and to check on the other part of our team. As I got here, the Fallen had managed to, hm, force her way to freedom and run off - I barely saw her before she left this plane of existence somewhere out of pistol range on the far side of the ship.

"The Nephandi do have a tendency to get into people's heads and exploit weaknesses, it is a particularly foul trait they have."
Phillipa Arden said in a hiss.
"In either case it is a shame the Nephandus managed to escape but saving this Umbra Docks are far more important than this person's capture."
Lady Arden agreed.

At that point we realized that Mr. Northwind was still unconscious, so I made the decision to get him to medical assistance while the rest of my team hasted back home, and I have another meeting here in a little while. I expect I shall be made to clean a lot of silverware in the Chantry come next week for that one, since I did not confer with the chief first... but that's my problem, not yours. And at any rate, I don't regret that judgment call, either. Not yet, at least..."

"I am very grateful to you for saving Thorn Mr Wainwright and I am sure his Cabal and his Coven are as well. Now as for your meetings and how popular or unpopular they are with the leaders of your Chantry are indeed not my business nor concern."

He shook his head, "In any case, this threat has been dealt with. Now we wait to learn of the next, and do what we can in the interim. On that note, if it's not a bother, I should like to learn what I can about the layout of the Umbral Port - I may come to spend some time here in the foreseeable future, and I would prefer to know which parts I should avoid out of courtesy, and which parts offer the assorted services for pilots and passengers."

"I am afraid I do not know much about the Boston Umbra Port Mr Wainwright, I live in Chicago at Chantry Morningstar, we only docked here because our ship was damaged in a battle with a hostile Umbrood and we had to do repairs to her before we could continue towards Cerberus which is our destination, so I am afraid I can not be of much assistance in regards to this place.
The Diplomat said kindly.

He looked at his watch and gave her a wink, "I have a meeting at two, so I need to dispose of some of that time in a reasonably safe place, and unless a big bad wolf or seven angry dwarves with mining gear show up, this should be as safe as any, I suppose..."

"You are welcome to be our guest for as long as we are docked here Mr Wainwright, can I offer you something to eat while you are here or some tea?"
Lady Arden offered politely.
"I am afraid there is not allot of luxury here, this is a practical vessel, but you are welcome to what we have and it is quite safe."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:22 pm

Colin gave Thorn a smile, "She's... still a bit under the weather, but I'm given to understand her prognosis is good. With rest, and barring any external aggravation, she should be making a full recovery."

He sat down and rested on a conveniently protruding branch, "Oh, the spell has its uses - I shall air the idea of using it to drain corrupted nodes for cleansing with my superiors; that was an excellent idea. I expect the quintessence wouldn't so much be lost, either, as redistributed to the system like water in the weather cycle; energy can't be created nor destroyed, just transformed into another form."
He perked up, "Your party is from Chicago? This... cannot be mere coincidence; we know the Chicago Labyrinth is working with the Boston Labyrinth to, well, destroy Boston, basically. If your party was part of the deal - an assassination job for their allies - the attempted detonation of the Umbral Port today suddenly makes sense. The Fallen have been doing subtle work here for some time, but nobody could miss an explosion like that; their cover would have been, well, blown for good. It would have exposed their presence to everyone, in denial or not... This could be vital - has Chantry Morningstar recently dealt with corruption of the Nephandic sort? A despoiled off-Chantry Node, perhaps, or colleagues and friends acting a lot more excessive and destructive than normal? And how... did your vessel engage that Umbrood in the first place?"
He frowned, subconsciously reaching for the pocket with his gun, "Can you be absolutely positive this vessel and your Chantry have not been compromised?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Colin gave Thorn a smile, "She's... still a bit under the weather, but I'm given to understand her prognosis is good. With rest, and barring any external aggravation, she should be making a full recovery."

"Good...it would be a shame to loose her...and especially in such a...way..."
Thorn said and shuddered.
"Give her my best please and tell her I will come to see her as soon as I am able."

He sat down and rested on a conveniently protruding branch, "Oh, the spell has its uses - I shall air the idea of using it to drain corrupted nodes for cleansing with my superiors; that was an excellent idea. I expect the quintessence wouldn't so much be lost, either, as redistributed to the system like water in the weather cycle; energy can't be created nor destroyed, just transformed into another form."

"Off course energy are not lost it is transformed, however what I meant by lost was, not usable form that Node any more, it would have to generate more over time, but then, clean Quintessence is worth waiting for so it could still be a bone as a way to be able to use corrupted or sanitized Nodes again."
Lady Arden said and nodded.

He perked up, "Your party is from Chicago? This... cannot be mere coincidence; we know the Chicago Labyrinth is working with the Boston Labyrinth to, well, destroy Boston, basically. If your party was part of the deal - an assassination job for their allies - the attempted detonation of the Umbral Port today suddenly makes sense.

"I am from Chicago, most of my party are from Horizon. I am one of Lady Charlotte Quay, the Seat of Life's aides so I was sent to lead an delegation to Cerebrus when Master Senex asked for or assistance. It is possible the Nephandi could have known we where here but it is doubtful as it was by pure chance that we ran into a hostile Incarna in the Umbra."
Arden explained then she added.
"I did not know the Labyrinth we know are in Chicago that my Chantry have tried to eradicate was working with their fellows in Boston no...are you sure about this Mr Wainwright?"

The Fallen have been doing subtle work here for some time, but nobody could miss an explosion like that; their cover would have been, well, blown for good. It would have exposed their presence to everyone, in denial or not... This could be vital - has Chantry Morningstar recently dealt with corruption of the Nephandic sort? A despoiled off-Chantry Node, perhaps, or colleagues and friends acting a lot more excessive and destructive than normal? And how... did your vessel engage that Umbrood in the first place?"

"It certainly are more flashy than are usual for the Fallen."
Phillipa said then she nodded.
"We have observed an increased Nephandic activity in Chicago however we assumed it was due to the fact that since Morningstar have been in a near war with another Traditionalist Chantry, we have not been diligent enough in stomping out their attempts to rear their ugly heads. We have not had any problems with our own Nodes though or with any members at our Chantry."
She explained then she sigh.
"We collided with the Umbrood...yes it is as stupid as it sounds Mr Wainwright...it was just suddenly there and we ran into it, which agitated it and it attacked us, eventually we managed to chase the Umbrood of but by that time our ship had taken quite a bit of damage...why do you ask?"

He frowned, subconsciously reaching for the pocket with his gun, "Can you be absolutely positive this vessel and your Chantry have not been compromised?"

"Mr Wainwright Morningstar Chantry have nearly sixty Awakened magi and near a hundred Hedge Wizards it is impossible for me to know for sure is all of them are loyal, as for my crew here again, I do not know all four of them well, but I have seen nothing to indicate any of them have been compromised."
Lady Arden said and eyed you for a while.
"Do you suspect anyone at my Chantry or the crew of this ship are not loyal and if so what are the grounds for your suspicions?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:19 pm

Colin thought for a moment, "I have no specific grounds for suspecting any one individual... However, we know that there have been infiltrators in Boston, and collaborators under duress - abducted family members and the like - that have committed small, almost unnoticeable acts of sabotage against Steelhaven, as well as other Chantries in the city. Now, the infiltration, if any, would likely be someone seemingly insignificant - Initiates, Linear Magi and similar members of, hm, lower standing. The reason I am suddenly wary is the fact that you collided with an Umbrood. That sounds about as statistically probable as two large commercial aircraft suddenly colliding under clear skies. I would counsel you to be vigilant, and to check if the vessel has something on board that could act as a beacon - some sort of spiritual bait that could have pulled in that Umbrood."
He shook his head, "Also, your conflict with another Chantry sounds as something the Nephandi would have had a finger in - a distraction tactic. They are sneaky like that; poisoning diplomatic channels and tampering with politics - and they've been doing the same to Technocrats. If you have a traitor in your flock, I would hazard that to be someone generally beneath notice, someone who has been informed a member of their family has been abducted by the Nephandi, a relative who will be killed if they don't comply..."
He grimaced, suddenly aware of his hand, and steeped his fingers, "I would recommend you to be more vigilant than ever now; there seems to be a sort of rot everywhere, and left unattended..."

((OOC: Off to birthday party I go. See ya later. :3 ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:46 pm

Colin thought for a moment, "I have no specific grounds for suspecting any one individual... However, we know that there have been infiltrators in Boston, and collaborators under duress - abducted family members and the like - that have committed small, almost unnoticeable acts of sabotage against Steelhaven, as well as other Chantries in the city. Now, the infiltration, if any, would likely be someone seemingly insignificant - Initiates, Linear Magi and similar members of, hm, lower standing.

"Well it is grounds for concern Mr Wainwright, but I would not want to accuse someone unless I have proof or make someone feel that their every actions are monitored and under suspicion."
Lady Arden said.
"I do not think I can do much with that information without knowing more or seeing something actually suspicious happening."

The reason I am suddenly wary is the fact that you collided with an Umbrood. That sounds about as statistically probable as two large commercial aircraft suddenly colliding under clear skies. I would counsel you to be vigilant, and to check if the vessel has something on board that could act as a beacon - some sort of spiritual bait that could have pulled in that Umbrood."

"I will have a look for anything of the sort when we do the necessary repairs to the ship Mr Wainwright, and thank you for your concern, I will indeed stay vigilant."
The Elder Verbena agreed.
"It is indeed a quite unlikely occurrence to run into a Incarna like that, it can happen yes, but likely no, however a Umbrood that powerful is not easy to compel or lure so I am not so sure someone could have tampered with the ship to attract one, we are talking about an actual God here."

He shook his head, "Also, your conflict with another Chantry sounds as something the Nephandi would have had a finger in - a distraction tactic. They are sneaky like that; poisoning diplomatic channels and tampering with politics - and they've been doing the same to Technocrats. If you have a traitor in your flock, I would hazard that to be someone generally beneath notice, someone who has been informed a member of their family has been abducted by the Nephandi, a relative who will be killed if they don't comply..."

"I am not so sure we can lay the blame on the Fallen for this one, the conflict between Morningstar and Lavender have been brewing for years and stem from a disagreement over the ownership of a powerful Node that both Chantries feel is theirs by right...however could we have someone with us who are pressured by the enemies to betray us, that is possible...that is always possible..."

He grimaced, suddenly aware of his hand, and steeped his fingers, "I would recommend you to be more vigilant than ever now; there seems to be a sort of rot everywhere, and left unattended..."

"I will certainly take that under advisement Mr Wainwright."
Lady Arden said with a little nod.
"And yes there do seam to be a sort of rot as you call it to be found everywhere as of late."
She added in a grave tone of voice.
"As if this world are going places we definitively do not want to be."

(OOC: Have fun.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:36 pm

Colin nodded, "It would likely be little things - some well-maintained tool or machine inexplicably breaking, some small, potentially dangerous item disappearing, that sort of thing. Nothing that would scream 'sabotage' upon discovery. I would not think the Fallen created the dispute between the Chantries, but it certainly seems par for the course to fan the flames and prevent reconciliation. Possibly while they themselves use the distraction to siphon away tass for themselves, even."
He sighed, "A cup of tea would be delicious now, thank you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:57 pm

"Then if you would follow me to the mess Mr Wainwright."
The older Verbena said as she lead the way.
"Yes such subtle means of manipulation do seam to be in line with how the Fallen like to do things."
She as before you reached a small kitchen that had logs to sit on and a central fire in the middle of the room as well a cabinets made out of tree trunks, from one of these cabinets Phillipa produces a iron pot, fill it from a small stream that run through the room and hang it from a tripod over the fire to warm it.
"I will pass your warning on to the other Deacons of my Chantry Mr Wainwright."
She said and nods.
"And I will keep my eyes open."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:10 pm

Narim eyed Lori Birmar for a moment then he took the phone."I bet there are quite some story as to why you are bringing a wounded Etherite to the Chantry." He said then he nodded. "But I guess there are no time for stories now, I will see what I can find on this phone then."

"Yes, you'll have to get the full story momentarily I'm afraid." As he took the phone, he said, "Thank you again."

"I do not mind." She said and Jeffry reluctantly agreed as well, the old mage did not like showing weakness, but right now he was pretty worn out and having a hand with the Etherite for a bit longer would be welcome. "Carry her as far as Miss Larson's room and I will take it from there."

"If you insist but one floor more is not much trouble and then I can escort Hannah back to her room. She should perhaps be afforded some additional protections as well," he suggested. "Checking your room out before you settle in could not hurt," he added to her. Things had gone to hell in the chantry only hours before and he wanted to make sure she was reasonably safe.

"We should probably go then." Hannah said before she gave a polite nod to Narim.

"Yes, we should. Excuse us," he said to Narim, walking out with the others.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:39 pm

"Yes, you'll have to get the full story momentarily I'm afraid." As he took the phone, he said, "Thank you again."

Narim nodded.
"The story will have to wait for when there is time."
He said and offered a small smile.

"If you insist but one floor more is not much trouble and then I can escort Hannah back to her room. She should perhaps be afforded some additional protections as well," he suggested.

"Very well...thank you."
Jeffry reluctantly agreed he did not like to admit that he was rather desperately exhausted from taking down the Ball of Abysmal Flame, his skin was pale and he was unsteady on his feet, however Jeffry Morgan did not enjoy admitting that he needed to sit down to rest and not carry a women through three stories of the building.
"I can fashion some more protective wards for Miss Larson's chambers."
Your mentor said.
"Just to be sure."

"Checking your room out before you settle in could not hurt," he added to her. Things had gone to hell in the chantry only hours before and he wanted to make sure she was reasonably safe.

"Oh I am planning to check every nook and cranny the last thing I need is for there to literary be a monster under the bed that that come out to bite my ass..."
Hannah muttered.
"I do hear monsters was an issue earlier today...and from what I heard it was not mage behinds it tried to bite."
The young woman said and shuddered.
"How in the world do there exist such a thing? In either case better safe than sorry and yes I will check my room out before settling down in it."

"Yes, we should. Excuse us," he said to Narim, walking out with the others.

Jeffry lead the way up to the attic and one of the apartments there, outside of the Danbrocks' apartment you see Dion sit and work on an embroidery while she kept an eye on their door, the Chorister stood and gave Jeffry a deep curtsy and he gave her a polite nod in return.
"Is all well here Miss Blackwell?"
He asked and the Chorister nodded.
"Yes all is quiet Sir I do believe Mr and Mrs Danbrock are having their lunch."
Dion said and Jeffry nodded.
"Good to hear, thank you Miss Blackwell."
He said as he took the unconscious Etherite into one of the other apartments.
"Oh I will be restraining this woman and warding the room, but could you keep and eye on her door as well just to be sure, I am having Master Nassa sent up here to help her but if you could keep an eye on things in the meantime?"
Your mentor asks and Dion nods.
"Off course Sir."
She said and he gave her a thankful nod before he went into the apartment with Lori. Dion gave you and Hannah a polite nod as well before she went back to her chair and her embroidery.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:58 pm

"Very well...thank you." Jeffry reluctantly agreed..."I can fashion some more protective wards for Miss Larson's chambers." Your mentor said. "Just to be sure."

"Good. But you will need a rest after the working you just unmade. If there is someone else qualified to do so, we should ask them to help," he suggested. He didn't like pointing it out, but that had been obviously taxing.

"Oh I am planning to check every nook and cranny the last thing I need is for there to literary be a monster under the bed that that come out to bite my ass...How in the world do there exist such a thing? In either case better safe than sorry and yes I will check my room out before settling down in it."

"Good, that will be helpful." He didn't answer her rhetorical question, much as he did not have an answer for it. How indeed. He frowned.

As the walked he kept an eye out for someone to help watch the widderslainte downstairs, though he wanted to himself if there was someone more qualified or free then they would be a better choice. Time continued to put the squeeze on them. When they got to the attic, he nodded to Dion and then went into the attic room to put the woman down on the bed so his mentor could restrain her.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:20 pm

"Good. But you will need a rest after the working you just unmade. If there is someone else qualified to do so, we should ask them to help," he suggested. He didn't like pointing it out, but that had been obviously taxing.

"I can manage a few wards."
Your mentor said then he sigh.
"Then yes I will need to rest."
He reluctantly admitted.

"Good, that will be helpful." He didn't answer her rhetorical question, much as he did not have an answer for it. How indeed. He frowned.

Hannah nodded.
"I mean I have heard that thing came from Horizon, that realm was created was it not, created by the original Primi? So who decided Avatar eating monstrosities was a good idea? Did they have a check list? "Two suns...great let us have that just to be a dick to every Solificati or Hermetic who have numerology as part of their Paradigm, unicorns check, dragons check, Avatar eating monstrosities check...ok folks let us get to work we seam to have the most important things all pegged down now..."
Hannah continued to mutter and Jeffry could not help but give a wry grin.

As the walked he kept an eye out for someone to help watch the widderslainte downstairs, though he wanted to himself if there was someone more qualified or free then they would be a better choice. Time continued to put the squeeze on them.

You see Ingmar Rush walk down the corridor with a plate of lunch in his hands, other than that you do not meet to many on your trek towards the attic.

When they got to the attic, he nodded to Dion and then went into the attic room to put the woman down on the bed so his mentor could restrain her.

Jeffry checked Lori's pockets to make sure she did not have any foci on her then he fished a pair of cuffs up out of his pocket and fastened her healthy hand to the bed post.
"The only good thing about technomancers is that once you take their toys, generally you do not need magcikal restraints, just a regular set of cuffs will hold them."
He said then he covered the woman with a blanket and begun to set up a few wards on the door and the windows, though it was clear that each rote, precisely performed with hand gestures and words of power, cost him allot right now, and by the time he had made the three wards he was intending to make he looked ready to drop.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:46 pm

Colun nodded, "It is all the advice I can offer. Of course, please, give your Primi my regards. And my compliments to your interior decorator."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:50 pm

"Well that would be Thorn, he was part of the team that created this ship, that is why we contacted him to help with repairs."
Lady Arden said as she added herbs to her boiling water and finished making tea before pouring it in two wooden cups and handing you one of them.
"And I will tell the Deacons of my Chantry yes and if I have the chance I will also inform the Seat of Life if she will listen, who know how far such corruption can have spread if it is to be found in two separate cities."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:59 pm

"I mean I have heard that thing came from Horizon, that realm was created was it not, created by the original Primi? So who decided Avatar eating monstrosities was a good idea? Did they have a check list? "Two suns...great let us have that just to be a dick to every Solificati or Hermetic who have numerology as part of their Paradigm, unicorns check, dragons check, Avatar eating monstrosities check...ok folks let us get to work we seam to have the most important things all pegged down now..."

Adley couldn't quite muster a bit of gallows humour yet about the avatar-eaters. Perhaps he never would, the thing had been horrid enough just being what it was and doing what it did but seeing the tass and how it had terrified Michah, that it had been used as a weapon against them was even worse.

You see Ingmar Rush walk down the corridor with a plate of lunch in his hands, other than that you do not meet to many on your trek towards the attic.

"Mister Rush, if you have a few moments I may need to ask a request of you," he said, seeing him approach. He felt bad enough at interrupting the man's lunch...which only served to remind him of two things, what time it was and that he hadn't eaten in some while. He could not strictly even remember how long, just like the few hours of sleep he got were almost a fading dream under what had so far transpired that day.

"The only good thing about technomancers is that once you take their toys, generally you do not need magcikal restraints, just a regular set of cuffs will hold them." He said then he covered the woman with a blanket and begun to set up a few wards on the door and the windows, though it was clear that each rote, precisely performed with hand gestures and words of power, cost him allot right now, and by the time he had made the three wards he was intending to make he looked ready to drop.

He checked Lori over once more for signs she was coming around and that she was secured well. Then stepped back to let his mentor work the rotes, frowning a bit at the state of him. "If you are leaving her under Mrs Dion's care for now, we can take care of Hannah and then I will walk you down to the office, as it is on the way to my next stop." He was quite concerned that he was overtaxing himself to the extreme.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:26 am

Colin accepted the cup and sipped lightly, "Thank you... hm... regarding Mr. Northwind, I expect he'll be made to leave once repairs are done, and you are ready to travel? How long would that be, in your best estimate? While I'm sure the serum he was given will work rather fast, I'd appreciate knowing whether he'll have ample time to recover before you depart, or whether I should try to help make some suitable arrangement for him back at the port."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:49 am

Adley:

"Mister Rush, if you have a few moments I may need to ask a request of you," he said, seeing him approach. He felt bad enough at interrupting the man's lunch...which only served to remind him of two things, what time it was and that he hadn't eaten in some while. He could not strictly even remember how long, just like the few hours of sleep he got were almost a fading dream under what had so far transpired that day.

Ingmar stopped and nodded to Adley.
"Yes I have time Mr Roth Hicks, what do you need?"
The Verbena said, his eyes wandered to Lori.
"Is not that one of the magi from over at Worcester? I have seen her at Tribunal meetings, Lori something..."
Rush said and raised and eyebrow.

He checked Lori over once more for signs she was coming around and that she was secured well.

The woman's restraints would not be coming of anytime soon and she was still heavily sedated.

Then stepped back to let his mentor work the rotes, frowning a bit at the state of him. "If you are leaving her under Mrs Dion's care for now, we can take care of Hannah and then I will walk you down to the office, as it is on the way to my next stop." He was quite concerned that he was overtaxing himself to the extreme.

"Very well that sounds like a plan mea filius."
The old mage said in a tired tone of voice.
"Let us get Miss Larson safely to her room."
He said and then he begun to walk out of there, pausing only to give Dion a polite nod on his way out. Hannah gave the man a concerned look as well then gave you a look that told you that she thought he should rest.

Getting back to Hannah's quarters was uneventful but you se that the Orphan carefully check everything over before she settle down, going from room to room, then she formed her hands into the semi modern sigils for Intellego and Vim that she used and muttered some lines in Greek to check her rooms over with magick as well.
"Listen I can set up my own wards, and I will not leave my rooms without leave, I can give you my word."
Hannah said and gave Jeffry a concerned look. The old mage shook his head.
"I have to make sure you are safe for now Miss Larson...but I might leave the rotes up to my apprentice."
He said and that more than anything showed how exhausted he was, that he would let you take over a task he had set for himself.

Colin:

"Well I would not have anything against taking Mr Norhwind with us but I would expect he would prefer returning to his own Chantry rather than going to Cerberus with the rest of us."
Lady Arden said about Thorn Norhwind and sipped her tea.
"We leave as soon as our repairs are done, an hour maybe two, we have to leave as soon as possible for our mission have some urgency."
The old Verbena diplomat explained.
"I will make sure to contact his Chantry so that even if Thorn is not completely healed by then, someone will meet him and get him safely home, I will not just kick him out of the ship."
She assured you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next