Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 Empty A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 06, 2018 3:37 pm

(OOC: Colin are talking with Heather and Dalisse in the Handler's chambers, Adley are saving the victims of Jace, Nicole are making stretchers and snooping around a Nephanda's bedroom, Serge are trying to calm down a hysterical sleeper and Tane are facing 11 fleeing pawns. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Warpmind Sun May 06, 2018 4:18 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 3PM]
"That do not seam to be very wise, if there are instructions available then familiarizing oneself with them seam to be a good idea."
Dalisse said.
"It seams the world have developed a few odd customs since I left it."
Colin nodded, "Alas, it does seem that the average person in the world at large does lean to the lack of wisdom... Then again, people tend to learn everything they can about the tools they use for work and survival, while the inner workings of their entertainment devices tend to be left on their own. I suppose it might be a question of priorities."

"Oh my that is very clevar Sir, please allow me to say that I am most impressed that would be insanely useful."
Heather said and she did indeed sound impressed.
"Now I look even more forward to learning about this rote Sir."
She said sounding exited.
"You must be a genious with magick Sir."
She added then she said proudly.
"My Mistress have created two rotes as well and gotten them registered to her name."
He nodded, "It was how I tore through the Aegis in Chicago, and how I helped save the Boston Umbral Port and my Security Chief yesterday. It has its uses, for big and small things..."

((OOC: Edmund? The daisy-fresh Fallen who's hiding from Heather in Dalisse's chambers is Brandon. Edmund was his brother who got his hands busted before a head start outta there. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 06, 2018 4:31 pm

[Colin] (Talking with Dalisse and Heather in the Labyrinth at 3 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, "Alas, it does seem that the average person in the world at large does lean to the lack of wisdom... Then again, people tend to learn everything they can about the tools they use for work and survival, while the inner workings of their entertainment devices tend to be left on their own. I suppose it might be a question of priorities."

"Hum quite...odd well it is not for me to judge I do not even own such a machine."
Dalisse said and shrugged.
"Though knowing enough about one's belongings to be able to maintain them are often a good idea."

He nodded, "It was how I tore through the Aegis in Chicago, and how I helped save the Boston Umbral Port and my Security Chief yesterday. It has its uses, for big and small things..."

"That is impressive Sir, if I may ask what happened at the Boston Umbral port?"
Heather asked.
"As it under attack?"

(OOC: Ooops well it is not the first time I mix up names I will go and fix it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 06, 2018 6:44 pm

This only seamed to make the woman be more scared to be told there where a secret police of special pepole who did not even want to tell her what is going on.
"Let me go...I want to go home, go to a regular hospital...let me go!"
She screamed and started trying to get up again, clearly not accepting your deflection not even a little bit.
"Why should I trust anything you say when I am treated like a child and told to not bother my little head with it!"
The woman hissed as she fought to try to get up. Richard sigh.
"Please Ma'am you are going to hurt yourself."
He said but the woman where not setteling down.
"Tell me what is going on, what the fuck are you guys?"
"Mr Yager...I do not want to talk about something else...I want to know what is going on, and I want to know what you all are, why on earth should I accept your claim I am safe when you do not tell me the truth."
The woman said she glanced at your drawings for a moment but did not stop her struggle.
"They are quite good, but I will not be managed, tell me the truth or let me go please that man might come back and who knows what you bastards might do to me!"
She screamed.

"Fine fine fine, I'll tell you what you want to know." Serge said still not trying to break out of his calming tone although that was getting increasingly harder to maintain. Right now the women was inside of a mage house, surrounded by mages, being healed mages, having been hurt by what was essentially a techno-mage. Serge's could try and force her to sleep or be calm, which in her state would be difficult and would likely get him paradoxed. He decided to tell her and hope the chantry had some sort of way to erase her memory later.

"If it'll set your mind at ease." Serge said with a sigh. "The reason why it's hard to explain is because it's complicated. It might help the explanation if we knew how much you knew already. Tell me, when you said that Jace had 'strange' powers what did you mean by that? I know it might be hard to talk about it and you might not trust us but that doesn't change the fact that Jace is in a place where he can't get to you or anyone else."

As Serge talked he maintained his calming demeanor despite the women's hysterics. The juxtaposition between their two attitudes was noticeable and Serge used this language and the promise of getting some answers to fuel his magick, getting the women to calm down somewhat and listen to his request. He needed the women to be calmer if he was to explain everything to her.

(OOC: Using the Mind 2 rote "Mood Swing" to shift the women's mood a bit and get her to become calmer and to lessen the trauma and stress of talking about her experiences. To make it seem less sudden this will be done slowly and Serge will try and make it seem like the calmness was due to the answers that Serge promised her.

Roll: 8, 8, 6, 9 - 10, 10, 4, 2 - 1, 1, 6, 7

Question: This is still coincidental right? Since Serge isn't doing anything that can be obviously be called magick?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 06, 2018 6:53 pm

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3 in the afternoon.)

"Fine fine fine, I'll tell you what you want to know." Serge said still not trying to break out of his calming tone although that was getting increasingly harder to maintain. Right now the women was inside of a mage house, surrounded by mages, being healed mages, having been hurt by what was essentially a techno-mage. Serge's could try and force her to sleep or be calm, which in her state would be difficult and would likely get him paradoxed. He decided to tell her and hope the chantry had some sort of way to erase her memory later.

"Then please tell me what is going on mr Yager..."
The woman said and she looked at you with terrified eyes.

"If it'll set your mind at ease." Serge said with a sigh. "The reason why it's hard to explain is because it's complicated. It might help the explanation if we knew how much you knew already. Tell me, when you said that Jace had 'strange' powers what did you mean by that? I know it might be hard to talk about it and you might not trust us but that doesn't change the fact that Jace is in a place where he can't get to you or anyone else."

The scared woman looked at you for a moment then it seamed like the promise of answers calmed her a little.
"He did have...strange powers and so did the woman...who kidnapped me. I found myself unable to run or scream or fight back with a word from that woman and I just followed her like a prisoners in my own body while I was screaming for her to let me go."
Jen said and sigh she shuddered from the memory but at least she was not directly fighting anymore and let Richard ease her down into bed.
"But that man...the doctor he...could move faster than is humanly possible and he took our body fluids and made things out of it...drugs that seamed allmost like magick when he tested them."
She whispered.
"Are you sure he can't get here?"
She asked fearfully.

(OOC: Yes that is Coincidental magick.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 06, 2018 7:12 pm

"That is troublesome, but I have heard that with a Lesser Gilgul the soul return to the host in one week so it might be it takes that long."
Darrian said and frowned.
"Yes please do."

"True, I had hoped that perhaps as she was here...then again that may have been a perceptual error on my part, given what I was just told." Well, it seemed that she would come with her host at least so they would be reunited in time.

The technocrat looked up at you for a moment and nodded he did not talk but your words seamed to reassure him. "If his Paradigm says his Avatar is in his brain then perhaps some regular painkiller can help him. The Virtual Adept in my Cabal takes headache pills when he gets Paradox and it helps."
Theodora said as she looked at the wounded technocrat.

"I suppose that can't hurt?" he said, giving her and then Thorn a questioning look. "If anyone has any aspirin, and he's not allergic that is..."

Everything seamed to be rather calm. You heard Theodora say to Darrian. "Master H, I do not think we need to use magick to get something to cover the private bits of those we are rescuing I can ask the other team to bring some blankets." She said and Darrian looked confused for a moment his first thought had been to use magick to fix the problem then he nodded and Theodora pulled her phone out and asked. "Do anyone have the number of anyone on that team." Darrian nodded he pulled out his phone and showed several numbers to the Tytalus who then called Nicole since she was the one she had spoken with the most.

That was a good idea. He hoped the other group were fine and on their way back soon. Until then he kept a watch and offered help as needed, asked Glada to assist with drying off those that needed it and any items that needed to be cleared of it, such as Anne Marie when she was through her work.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 06, 2018 7:24 pm

[Adley and Nicole] (Jeffry's strike team at the Labyrinth, 3 in the afternoon)

"True, I had hoped that perhaps as she was here...then again that may have been a perceptual error on my part, given what I was just told." Well, it seemed that she would come with her host at least so they would be reunited in time.

"I think it is likely the Soul will stay by her host's side until she can return to him but how long that will take, I really can only guess, it is thankfully not common for the bond between mage and Avatar to be broken, Perhaps the spirit healer visiting our Chantry can shed some more light on that question Sodalis."
Darrian said.

"I suppose that can't hurt?" he said, giving her and then Thorn a questioning look. "If anyone has any aspirin, and he's not allergic that is..."

"I have the shit I was given for my hand Sodalis."
Theodora said and she started rummaging though her pockets and produced a pack of double strength ibuprofen.
"I have some willow bark with me as well."
Thorn said as he found some water from his bag and took the two pills Theodora offered out and helped the Technocrat take them.
"Thank you."
The wounded man muttered softly.

That was a good idea. He hoped the other group were fine and on their way back soon. Until then he kept a watch and offered help as needed, asked Glada to assist with drying off those that needed it and any items that needed to be cleared of it, such as Anne Marie when she was through her work.

Glada helped out she dried of the rescued pepole and helped get the liquid of Ann-Marie who then hesitated.
"There where note books in there...I did not bring them out but...perhaps one of them contain the recepie for the gas."
The hedge wizard frowned but Darrian shook his head.
"I will toss a potion in there when we are done that will destroy all dead matter, noe one should have such a weapon."
Francis frowned a little.
"Are you sure we should not see if it is the instructions for the gas and bring it with us Sir perhaps our superiors will be pissed."
The Solificato shrugged.
"Then let them be pissed, I will take responsibility no one should have that gas if that is what is in those note books, no one."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 06, 2018 8:10 pm

"I think it is likely the Soul will stay by her host's side until she can return to him but how long that will take, I really can only guess, it is thankfully not common for the bond between mage and Avatar to be broken, Perhaps the spirit healer visiting our Chantry can shed some more light on that question Sodalis."
Darrian said.

"Yes, it said that the way back to him was blocked," he said with a nod.

"I have the shit I was given for my hand Sodalis."
Theodora said and she started rummaging though her pockets and produced a pack of double strength ibuprofen.
"I have some willow bark with me as well."
Thorn said as he found some water from his bag and took the two pills Theodora offered out and helped the Technocrat take them.
"Thank you."
The wounded man muttered softly.

"Do you need some water?" he asked.

Glada helped out she dried of the rescued pepole and helped get the liquid of Ann-Marie who then hesitated.
"There where note books in there...I did not bring them out but...perhaps one of them contain the recepie for the gas."
The hedge wizard frowned but Darrian shook his head.
"I will toss a potion in there when we are done that will destroy all dead matter, noe one should have such a weapon."
Francis frowned a little.
"Are you sure we should not see if it is the instructions for the gas and bring it with us Sir perhaps our superiors will be pissed."
The Solificato shrugged.
"Then let them be pissed, I will take responsibility no one should have that gas if that is what is in those note books, no one."

It was a tough call. On the one hand, he fully agreed no one should ever have that stuff and that it was dangerous knowledge in even the best person's hands. On the other, perhaps it could shed light on how to help those here or other things they might want to know, like that damned slaver. "Some may also have leads on...other matters but yes, that stuff is...horrible, sir, truly." He frowned. "What he did to these people..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 06, 2018 8:42 pm

"Yes, it said that the way back to him was blocked," he said with a nod.

"There might be some damage to the link between them, but I think that should heal given time."
Darrian said and looked at the newly Awakened mage he was just stearing out into nothing.
"Fortunatly the whole system with our Avatars and their links to our souls are rather durable and quite exessive effort have to be made to make any damage to our Crowns permanent."

"Do you need some water?" he asked.

The Technocrat looked up at you and nodded.
"Yes please."
He muttered.

It was a tough call. On the one hand, he fully agreed no one should ever have that stuff and that it was dangerous knowledge in even the best person's hands. On the other, perhaps it could shed light on how to help those here or other things they might want to know, like that damned slaver. "Some may also have leads on...other matters but yes, that stuff is...horrible, sir, truly." He frowned. "What he did to these people..."

"Yes...it is horrible, not many deserve the fate that await this Jace person on Horizon but he have earned it several times over."
Darrian said and frowned then he nodded.
"You are right though Sodalis there might be something of value in those notes."
The alchemist said and Ann.Marie nodded.
"What if I go in and see what is there, if it looks like the recepie for the gas I stop reading and we destroy it but if it is information on how to reverse the feects or anything else useful, I bring the notes out?"
The hedge wizard offered and Darrian sigh and nodded.
"Very well Miss...please do."
He said and Ann-Marie nodded and headed into the lab again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 06, 2018 9:17 pm

The scared woman looked at you for a moment then it seamed like the promise of answers calmed her a little.
"He did have...strange powers and so did the woman...who kidnapped me. I found myself unable to run or scream or fight back with a word from that woman and I just followed her like a prisoners in my own body while I was screaming for her to let me go."
Jen said and sigh she shuddered from the memory but at least she was not directly fighting anymore and let Richard ease her down into bed.
"But that man...the doctor he...could move faster than is humanly possible and he took our body fluids and made things out of it...drugs that seamed allmost like magick when he tested them."
She whispered.

"You just said the magick word. Which ironically enough....is the word 'magick'. They were using magick. Magick and Powers like in comic books and fantasy movies. We're all a bunch of wizards and witches in here. I...I know that might sound crazy but from the sounds of things you've already seen enough weird shit to believe what I'm saying." Serge said calmly glad that his own spellwork was taking root but nervous with how he was going to explain everything.

"Although that man in particular was likely using some sort of weird technological enchancements. More like a mad scientist than a wizard. But from the sounds of things that women definitely used some sort of real magick to kidnap you." Serge said trying to ease the women into all of this. He hoped that someone understanding and confirming her suspicions would help make the explanation more palatable.

"I don't think it needs saying but Jace was definitely an evil dude. But their's good magick out there as well. Whether you believe it or not we're the good guys. We used magick to take him down and stop his villainous ways, rescue you, and to heal your injuries." he said hoping that his spell would allow the women to stay calm and not panic at the revelation of the 'truth' in the world.

"That should answer the 'who' we are and 'what' we're doing. Do you have any other questions?" Serge asked.

"Are you sure he can't get here?"
She asked fearfully.

"Definitely. Their is no safer place than where we are right now. We have a lot of people watching him and protecting us." Serge assured the women. "Your safe here and soon you'll be able to go home and put this all behind you."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon May 07, 2018 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 06, 2018 10:01 pm

Anja's Post:

'Oh, nothing bad. Just like a .22 in the thigh.' Nicole replied with a laugh.

Anja's Post:

On it ringing, she halted what she was doing and looked at the number suspiciously before accepting the call. 'Yeah?' tone clearly suspicious.

[When did Darrian get her number? I can't remember...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 06, 2018 11:23 pm

"Hum quite...odd well it is not for me to judge I do not even own such a machine."
Dalisse said and shrugged.
"Though knowing enough about one's belongings to be able to maintain them are often a good idea."
Colin nodded, "Never underestimate the power of lazy people in large numbers... Such devices mostly set themselves up once you power them on nowadays, though... A few inputs, and a long user license agreement nobody reads before clicking the button that says 'I have read and understood the terms of the agreement'..."

"That is impressive Sir, if I may ask what happened at the Boston Umbral port?"
Heather asked.
"As it under attack?"
He shrugged, "Nothing my Security Chief and I couldn't handle - a Ball of Abysmal Flame, big enough to level large parts of Massachusetts... and Rhode Island, and parts of Connecticut and New Hampshire... You know, just the Fallen's way of making your day just that little more miserable..."

((OOC: Oh, Serge... "This is more complicated than you might be able to handle now. So instead, how's my drawing?" Never change. Wink Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 07, 2018 6:38 am

[Colin] (Talking with Dalisse and Heather in the Labyrinth at 3 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, "Never underestimate the power of lazy people in large numbers... Such devices mostly set themselves up once you power them on nowadays, though... A few inputs, and a long user license agreement nobody reads before clicking the button that says 'I have read and understood the terms of the agreement'..."

"Ah...well the world have truly changed."
Dalisse said, still rather confused about this whole concept of modern appliances.

He shrugged, "Nothing my Security Chief and I couldn't handle - a Ball of Abysmal Flame, big enough to level large parts of Massachusetts... and Rhode Island, and parts of Connecticut and New Hampshire... You know, just the Fallen's way of making your day just that little more miserable..."

Heather's eyes widened.
"That could have gone really badly."
The young mage said.
"The Nephandi seam intent on making everyone's day sucky all the time."
She said and sigh.

'Oh, nothing bad. Just like a .22 in the thigh.' Nicole replied with a laugh.

"Oh then it is ok I guess then again my leg was just healed and you know how angry Verbena gets when their work gets undone."
Fran joked back and grinned.

On it ringing, she halted what she was doing and looked at the number suspiciously before accepting the call. 'Yeah?' tone clearly suspicious.

"Hi...this is Theodora, I got your number from the alchemist."
The Tytalus said over the phone.
"I was just wondering if you could grab some blankets or something, we have gotten the prisoners in the lab out, however they are rather cold and naked so blankets would be good."

(OOC: He got it from the Chief before the mission. Darrian is an alchemist he prepares.)

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3 in the afternoon.)

"You just said the magick word. Which ironically enough....is the word 'magick'. They were using magick. Magick and Powers like in comic books and fantasy movies. We're all a bunch of wizards and witches in here. I...I know that might sound crazy but from the sounds of things you've already seen enough weird shit to believe what I'm saying." Serge said calmly glad that his own spellwork was taking root but nervous with how he was going to explain everything.

"Witches like Wiccans? For my best friend is a Wiccan and while granted she have been able to stop my migraine attacks a few times and I called her when my brother had an inflamation in his hand and it did clear up but...what that man and the woman who kidnapped me did was so much more than that."
The woman asked her eyes wide.

"Although that man in particular was likely using some sort of weird technological enchancements. More like a mad scientist than a wizard. But from the sounds of things that women definitely used some sort of real magick to kidnap you." Serge said trying to ease the women into all of this. He hoped that someone understanding and confirming her suspicions would help make the explanation more palatable.

"I don't think it needs saying but Jace was definitely an evil dude. But their's good magick out there as well. Whether you believe it or not we're the good guys. We used magick to take him down and stop his villainous ways, rescue you, and to heal your injuries." he said hoping that his spell would allow the women to stay calm and not panic at the revelation of the 'truth' in the world.

"That should answer the 'who' we are and 'what' we're doing. Do you have any other questions?" Serge asked.

"T...technological enchantments...I...well yes i guess that makes sense."
The woman muttered sounding confused.
"But if that man...you called him Jace? If he is a wizard to why would you stop him?"
She asked and Richard asked.
"Because the order of wizards he is of and that woman who kidnapped you are of are at war with our order, my young friend here might have a bit fancifull way to explain things, but our group have always that prevent us from harming regular pepole, I do assure you that you are quite safe here Ma'am."
He said and Jen looked from Richard to you and back again.
"Ehm...so not Wiccans then."
She muttered then she sigh and she seamed to relax a little.
"So you can all do magick? if there are pepole with superpowers around, why have I not heard about it? Why is this not all over the news?"

"Definitely. Their is no safer place than where we are right now. We have a lot of people watching him and protecting us." Serge assured the women. "Your safe here and soon you'll be able to go home and put this all behind you."

"Y...you are going to let me go?"
The woman asked and Richard nodded.
"As soon as you are well enough we will take you back to your family, you are not a prisoner Miss, but you are still sick and you need to rest."
He assured her
"What about that man...who hurt me...what will happen to him what if he gets loose or hurt someone else?"
Jen asked nervously.
"You are sure he can not get here and hurt me?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 07, 2018 7:20 am

'Um... okay?' Nicole replied, clearly puzzled and a bit thrown by this. Got up to speed quick, though. 'Hmm... how many people are we talking about? Oh, and how many stretchers are needed?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 07, 2018 7:41 am

"There are five rescuees, one of them are mobile on his own."
Theodora said.
"They are all naked though and shit that guy who had this lab was one sick puppy, a sick puppy that needs to be shot in the head repeatadly."
The Tytalus grubeled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 07, 2018 7:50 am

'Hmm... isn't the guy accounted for, then?' Nicole replied, stretching out a bit. 'Alright. With any luck we'll be back with you with the stuff in around five.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 07, 2018 7:55 am

"There might be some damage to the link between them, but I think that should heal given time."
Darrian said and looked at the newly Awakened mage he was just stearing out into nothing.
"Fortunatly the whole system with our Avatars and their links to our souls are rather durable and quite exessive effort have to be made to make any damage to our Crowns permanent."

"That is some good news."

The Technocrat looked up at you and nodded.
"Yes please."
He muttered.

"Does anyone have any water for this gentleman?"

"Yes...it is horrible, not many deserve the fate that await this Jace person on Horizon but he have earned it several times over."Darrian said and frowned then he nodded. "You are right though Sodalis there might be something of value in those notes."

"Well, maybe I'm not right though sir," he said, glancing from the people to the lab door. "There could be things in there...other things...we shouldn't see either. I was just thinking we could find leads but it might not be the way to do it. Plus who knows what enchantments are on them anyway," he said, suddenly backtracking as a rash of things that could go wrong occurred to him, and left him in a state of ambivalence again.

"What if I go in and see what is there, if it looks like the recepie for the gas I stop reading and we destroy it but if it is information on how to reverse the feects or anything else useful, I bring the notes out?" The hedge wizard offered and Darrian sigh and nodded. "Very well Miss...please do."

"No offense intended, but would you know what such a thing looked like? Plus...some of what he's probably written about...and if it's in their language...I'm sorry I said anything now," he said. "I'm sorry sir, ma'am I just was thinking of finding out who got these people here. But...maybe I should focus on getting them out and safe, instead and hold my tongue."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 07, 2018 8:04 am

"Witches like Wiccans? For my best friend is a Wiccan and while granted she have been able to stop my migraine attacks a few times and I called her when my brother had an inflamation in his hand and it did clear up but...what that man and the woman who kidnapped me did was so much more than that."
The woman asked her eyes wide.

"Actually that's not the worst comparison. Although you'll find a lot more flavors of wizards exist out there." Serge said amusingly.

"T...technological enchantments...I...well yes i guess that makes sense."
The woman muttered sounding confused.
"But if that man...you called him Jace? If he is a wizard to why would you stop him?"
She asked and Richard asked.
"Because the order of wizards he is of and that woman who kidnapped you are of are at war with our order, my young friend here might have a bit fancifull way to explain things, but our group have always that prevent us from harming regular pepole, I do assure you that you are quite safe here Ma'am."
He said and Jen looked from Richard to you and back again.
"Ehm...so not Wiccans then."
She muttered then she sigh and she seamed to relax a little.
"So you can all do magick? if there are pepole with superpowers around, why have I not heard about it? Why is this not all over the news?"

Smiling a bit at his viewpoint point being called fanciful, Serge answered her next question. "Magick was to be kept secret from sle..err...non-magickal people. It's a rule that our group imposed on us. It's to protect both us and you."

"Their is also the fact that their are people out there that want us dead. Witch-hunters and stuff like that. If we were on the news those guys would swarm us like ravenous dogs and end us."

"Y...you are going to let me go?"
The woman asked and Richard nodded.
"As soon as you are well enough we will take you back to your family, you are not a prisoner Miss, but you are still sick and you need to rest."
He assured her
"What about that man...who hurt me...what will happen to him what if he gets loose or hurt someone else?"
Jen asked nervously.
"You are sure he can not get here and hurt me?"

"What happens to all captured criminals? They get sent to jail." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Except we have magickal jail! Ohhhh spooky...." he said in a ghostly voice hoping that a little light-hearted humor would ease the women's anxiety.

"And magick jail's a lot harder to get out of. Especially when you don't have magick yourself which is the first thing we do to those criminal." he said giving a very simplified answer not wanting to bring the Umbra, Horizon, or gilguls into the revelation.

(OOC: That's Serge's way! The end of the world causing you unwanted distress? The revelation of a secret war between supernatural beings bringing you down? Just ignore that and look at these kick-ass drawings of a Minotaur fighting a kraken Razz)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 07, 2018 8:07 am

"Ah...well the world have truly changed."
Dalisse said, still rather confused about this whole concept of modern appliances.
Colin nodded, "It's not all bad, though... there's a thing called an 'eight hour workday' that's quite widespread, as well as 'overtime pay' for people who work more than a certain number of hours per week, building materials that won't catch fire, indoor plumbing..."

Heather's eyes widened.
"That could have gone really badly."
The young mage said.
"The Nephandi seam intent on making everyone's day sucky all the time."
She said and sigh.
He nodded, "Obviously, yes, it could have gone very badly... But it didn't, and the whole issue was resolved without any further loss of life or property."
He frowned, "Come to think of it, I do wonder if that blast would have been able to harm this ship, too - if so, Larson might have found her summoning ritual a little more difficult to pull off..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 07, 2018 8:35 am

'Hmm... isn't the guy accounted for, then?' Nicole replied, stretching out a bit. 'Alright. With any luck we'll be back with you with the stuff in around five.'

"Jace? Yeah he got captured by mages from Steelhaven or so I was told, but he still need to be shot at least a few times."
Theodora said.
"Ok then I will let the others know."
She added and then waited to see if you had anything else to say before hanging up on the call.

"That is some good news."

Darrian just nodded at that and glanced over at the unfortunate newly Awakened man on the floor.

"Does anyone have any water for this gentleman?"

"I have some."
Thorn said and he grabbed his water bottle and helped the Technocrat drink a bit.

"Well, maybe I'm not right though sir," he said, glancing from the people to the lab door. "There could be things in there...other things...we shouldn't see either. I was just thinking we could find leads but it might not be the way to do it. Plus who knows what enchantments are on them anyway," he said, suddenly backtracking as a rash of things that could go wrong occurred to him, and left him in a state of ambivalence again.

Darrian gave you a kind smile he lifted one hand as if he wanted to pat you on the shoulder but then let it fall he had never been one much for physical contact with others.
"None of us are oracles Sodalis, there will always be unknown risks but you made a good point, there might be information we can use in there and our Sodalis in there knows how to watch her steps."
He said calmly.

"No offense intended, but would you know what such a thing looked like? Plus...some of what he's probably written about...and if it's in their language...I'm sorry I said anything now," he said. "I'm sorry sir, ma'am I just was thinking of finding out who got these people here. But...maybe I should focus on getting them out and safe, instead and hold my tongue."

"I had a second apprenticeship with a member of House Thing so I know a bit about technomagick so if I find something that looks like advanced levels of Ars Spiritus I will stop reading and if it is written in the Nephandi language then that might be ugly but it will make no sense to me Sodalis, you where right there might be something useful in there."
Ann-Marie said and smiled a little.
"I will be careful. And we have them out, now we just need to stabalize them and get them teleported out."

Theodora put her phone away.
"Our second team says they will return in about five minutes or so, and hey will see if they can find some blankets."
The Tytalus informed the group.

Colin nodded, "It's not all bad, though... there's a thing called an 'eight hour workday' that's quite widespread, as well as 'overtime pay' for people who work more than a certain number of hours per week, building materials that won't catch fire, indoor plumbing..."

"Oh no do not get me wrong Colin I am not saying the modern times are bad, in many ways it is far better with a better living standard than what was the case when I was young, however I am saying I do not really understand modern technology, good or bad."
Dalisse said and frowned.

He nodded, "Obviously, yes, it could have gone very badly... But it didn't, and the whole issue was resolved without any further loss of life or property."
He frowned, "Come to think of it, I do wonder if that blast would have been able to harm this ship, too - if so, Larson might have found her summoning ritual a little more difficult to pull off..."

"It could have only I have shields and wards to protect us. Lady Larson might be a bit short sighted but she is not an idiot, she had taken that into consideration."
Dalisse said.
"The man who made that Ball of Abysmal Flame is very skilled at his work though."
She commented and heather nodded.
"It is scary to think about how near a disaster Boston was then Sir."
She said to you.

"Actually that's not the worst comparison. Although you'll find a lot more flavors of wizards exist out there." Serge said amusingly.

"So you are like Wiccans but with more omph, so that instead of healing headaches and hands sore from to much drawing you can do some really funky shit?"
Jen asked her eyes wide.

Smiling a bit at his viewpoint point being called fanciful, Serge answered her next question. "Magick was to be kept secret from sle..err...non-magickal people. It's a rule that our group imposed on us. It's to protect both us and you."

"Their is also the fact that their are people out there that want us dead. Witch-hunters and stuff like that. If we were on the news those guys would swarm us like ravenous dogs and end us."

"So you have to hide? I guess that makes sense and I guess some would go after you if they knew you existed, my best friend always get shit from those who dislike her religious choices who know what they would do to someone who can do fantasy book level stuff."
Jan muttered and nodded seaming to accept your information as to why she had not heard about mages on the news.

"What happens to all captured criminals? They get sent to jail." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders. "Except we have magickal jail! Ohhhh spooky...." he said in a ghostly voice hoping that a little light-hearted humor would ease the women's anxiety.

"And magick jail's a lot harder to get out of. Especially when you don't have magick yourself which is the first thing we do to those criminal." he said giving a very simplified answer not wanting to bring the Umbra, Horizon, or gilguls into the revelation.

Jen smiled ever so slightly and nodded.
"So...that man will not be able to get out of ehm...magick jail? Are you sure?"
She asked nervously then she smiled a little again.
"Good, he deserves to be locked up and magick jail that is spooky...is it guarded by soul sucking, joy stealing skinny dudes in robes?"
She asked and raised an eyebrow.

(OOC: Cool drawings solve every problem. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 07, 2018 8:58 am

'Good. See you then.' Nicole replied, and when there wasn't any other information, ended the call.

'We need four stretchers, and body coverings for five.' she said to Fran, slipping the phone back in her pocket. 'See if there's any spare sheets, big blankets or something in the wardrobe.' turning back to finishing off the second stretcher.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 07, 2018 9:05 am

'Good. See you then.' Nicole replied, and when there wasn't any other information, ended the call.

"The same to you."
Theodora said before the call ended.

'We need four stretchers, and body coverings for five.' she said to Fran, slipping the phone back in her pocket. 'See if there's any spare sheets, big blankets or something in the wardrobe.' turning back to finishing off the second stretcher.

Fran nodded and went to check the wardrome.
"Oh my this Nephandus have some really nice clothes."
She commented before she returned with three pink sheets and a large, fluffy pruple blanket stacked up in her arms.
"Will these do? And we have two stretchers now right?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 07, 2018 9:48 am

'Hmm... sinister black cloaks or belts from human bones?' Nicole quipped, taping the tied knots of the sheet to the pole. 'If they're large enough to wrap over a person, then yeah.' glancing at what Fran was holding, then inspecting her handiwork so see if would do.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 07, 2018 10:11 am

'Hmm... sinister black cloaks or belts from human bones?' Nicole quipped, taping the tied knots of the sheet to the pole. 'If they're large enough to wrap over a person, then yeah.' glancing at what Fran was holding, then inspecting her handiwork so see if would do.

"Well now that would be nice but no she do have a few dark purple frilly dresses that would fit into a Gothic lolita style though...and some awsome boots."
Fran commented.
"Yeah the sheets are for a bed so those those be big enough and the blanket I have not unfolded but it looks fairly large."
The Euthanathos said. The stretcher you had made should work fine, and it had turned out to be rather solid.
"So two more stretchers then and another blanket or sheet?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 07, 2018 10:37 am

"Oh no do not get me wrong Colin I am not saying the modern times are bad, in many ways it is far better with a better living standard than what was the case when I was young, however I am saying I do not really understand modern technology, good or bad."
Dalisse said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "At least in that, you are not alone. The technological revolution accelerated pretty hard the last hundred years or so. Not everyone was able to keep up, even if they grew up with the advances."

"It could have only I have shields and wards to protect us. Lady Larson might be a bit short sighted but she is not an idiot, she had taken that into consideration."
Dalisse said.
"The man who made that Ball of Abysmal Flame is very skilled at his work though."
She commented and heather nodded.
"It is scary to think about how near a disaster Boston was then Sir."
She said to you.
He nodded soberly, "The man who made it is indeed skilled. He tried to throw up another in the Chicago Labyrinth, too, but we managed to bleed it dry and shunt it off into a wider space so as to render it harmless, fortunately. Poor chap, he apparently went into a Seeking or somesuch after that, and somehow I don't think his Avatar had many nice things to say to him..."
He smiled thinly, "There's always a disaster that almost takes out half the planet, isn't there? The only reason the Sleepers can be happy is that they don't know about it... I guess it is our lot in life, along with the Union, to run damage control against the Fallen's antics."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next