Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 Empty Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:44 pm

(OOC: Well then we are at the 20'th thread of this game that is quite amazing. Adley is keeping watch over the evacuation at the Labyrinth and is working to get Flavio moved to Morningstar. Colin is taking care of Anna at Morningstar. Tane is on the phone with Coawa and Sarge is in Jeffry's office being asked to interrogate a Nephandus. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:41 pm

I'll get back home for that, no problem. I still got to do a couple of things and there's night left. Well, if that is settled then that's it. I'll see you later, if there's no problem with anything. Be safe, alright?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:43 pm

"Good, do not use magick to directly affect his mind either many would consider such a violation to be worse than torture, you can use your Ars to change the mood have a general calming effect on the man, those kinds of subtle effect but not directly changing or reading his mind if you please, that kind of unpleasantness might be necessary if everything else fails but for now let us try to fight the Nephandi without becoming like them."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"Of course, I understand. The last thing I need to do is get on this guy's bad side by rooting around in his mind. Invading a Nephandi's mind probably isn't a good idea for my own well-being anyways." Serge said a little scared as to the horrors he might've found within such a mind.

"It is early morning why don't you try to bring him breakfast, a bit of kindness might get him to open up enough to have a conversation at least." Jeffry suggested.

"Yes I want to know what the Nephandi wanted to do with the Avatar fragments, why they have been attacking their own, if they have any agents among the Chantries in the Tribunal, and if you get a reply to that question bring it to me and once and tell no one else I do not need rumors spreading. I also want to know what he knows about Lisa Larson, that is the leader of this little Nephandi infestation we are having are planning, where she is and about the defenses of their Labyrinth, some of this we already know but I want to know as much as possible as well as have information confirmed from different sources. Also I would like to know who he was, what Tradition he was and how he was recruited."

"That's a lot of stuff. Still I'll see what I can do. I like that breakfast idea. If he's polite like you say he is then he should respond nicely to that." Serge said, agreeing with the Security Chief.

"Where is he being held?" Serge asked, still not familiar with the layout of the Chantry

(OOC: This has been really fun! I hope to continue gaming with you guys. Hope our characters can meet up soon Smile.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:54 pm

Tane:

"Very well I will see you then, I will keep on my toes...oh fuck how strange it is to have actual toes how do you stand the damn things...anyway I will keep and eye open and stay safe."
Coawa promised.
"You stay safe as well and get some sleep brother, if you are at all able to."

Sarge:

"Of course, I understand. The last thing I need to do is get on this guy's bad side by rooting around in his mind. Invading a Nephandi's mind probably isn't a good idea for my own well-being anyways." Serge said a little scared as to the horrors he might've found within such a mind.

"No it might be best to avoid that, some of these Fallen are surprisingly human in many ways, I guess if they where all downing in puppy guts they would not get to many recruits but never forget what they are Mr Yager, besides questions of morality our ehm...guest in the basement might just have a few memories you do not want to share."
Jeffry said and frowned.

"That's a lot of stuff. Still I'll see what I can do. I like that breakfast idea. If he's polite like you say he is then he should respond nicely to that." Serge said, agreeing with the Security Chief.

"He have been polite so far yes. Mr Darehill here can show you to the kitchen, each apartment have a kitchenette as well but we often cook together and eat in the common room, there should be enough food there to whip up a decent enough breakfast."
The Security Chief commented.
"Well yes that are quite a few questions and I do not expect to get them all answered but please see what you can do."

"Where is he being held?" Serge asked, still not familiar with the layout of the Chantry

"In the basement in a storeroom, we only really have one cell, we use it when someone go deeply into Quiet for the most part but with several prisoners we have had to spread them around the storerooms and other such facilities."
Jeffry said and Ryan chimed in.
"I can show him the way Sir."
The Security Chief nodded at that then he stood.
"Good, very good, well then Mr Yager you have your task, if you want to be shown to your room first to put away your things I am sure Mr Darehill can show you the way, Room 207. Until then do you have any more questions or comments?"

(OOC: Glad to have you, well hopefully so you joined while the others save Tane where in the middle of finishing up a rather long raid on a Labyrinth in Chicago but that is wrapping up now so they should be coming back to Boston soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:49 pm

"There is not much I can do Mrs Knox the system is what it is..."
She defended herself.
Colin glowered a little, "Yes, well, 'I just followed orders' didn't work all that well as a defense in 1945, and it shouldn't now, either."

The hedge wizard snorted and marched towards the stairs.
"For what it is worth Mr Wainwright I hope the little girl will be alright."
She said as she left.
He nodded and paused ever so briefly, "...Thank you, miss Bosh. And I wish you no ill, either, but I take the well-being of others seriously, friend or foe. And however noble the goal, using force on and ignoring the fears of innocents is never acceptable."

"This Freddy is very brave I would have been terrified I hit my head once and was scared out of my wits, Cotta one of those who live...lived in the Labyrinth told my Mentor that is what happens with what he makes me watch, he told her to just shut up and well anyway...she tried to...to Gilgul you? That is horrible that must have been scary..."
The girl exclaimed she hesitated then put her hand on yours for a moment.
He nodded, "She is brave. She's scared, too, I think, but she doesn't let those fears overtake her. And i know Cotta... she was... kindly. She's... not going to reincarnate; I am sorry for that, for Warden's sake, but Cotta left me a gift, of sorts... They may have walked the Black Spiral, the two, but they held on to love, and I can't help but think they might have been redeemed at some point, if given the chance..."
He sighed, "And no, I wasn't really scared when Warden tried to Gilgul me... I'm not claiming to be exceedingly brave about it, though - I was pretty much unconscious at the time."

"That is good...he should be less lazy he just likes to sit there in my soul looking at things and not do much else."
Anna said and nodded.
He smiled thinly, "I guess he misses the sea and the shoreline."

"I guess..."
Anna said and let go of her socks then she wrinkled her nose in disgust.
"Smoking smell bad I would not want to do that...I do like fruit filled chocolates though I can imagine eating them until I am as fat as my Glass Dragon."
She said wryly and smiled a little.
"Can an Avatar get fat? And if so can it get stuck in your soul so it can't leave when you die?"
She asked suddenly, one of those strange worries children got perhaps when they did not fully understand how things worked.
He grinned, "Yes, well, chocolate-coated bits of fruit and berries should be quite a viable treat; that's not bound to give your lungs trouble. Unless you inhale them too quickly, of course - promise me you won't do that?"
He pondered, "I don't know if an Avatar can get fat like that... though I do know a woman who can't exactly die, because her Avatar is stuck in her body. You'll get to meet her soon enough; she's kindly, though a little old-fashioned."

"That is very good, I hope he is happier now, spirits are nice, they are perfect you know, even if it is just for one single thing, they are perfect I like spirits."
Anna said and nodded.
He smiled, "I know. And I'll be seeing them a lot more than, well, ever before. All of a sudden, my eyes were opened a little more, and I can't seem able to not see them anymore. It's a bit of an odd sensation, but at least I can distinguish between lingering spirits and flesh-and-blood people..."

"I imagine she will, Miss Jerkins is a warrior, she is tough."
Anna said and nodded she was still sobbing.
"I wish there was something I could do for them, but I guess there is nothing anyone can say about something so horrible that will make it any easier...are...are you sure my Glass Dragon are safe?"
She asked both sad for the other Nephandi and terrified for the safety of her own Avatar.
He nodded, "There is something you can do for them - you can remember them fondly. Some people say that you aren't truly gone until the last person who remembers you is dead. And your Glass Dragon is safe, so long as you live with that pattern damage in your heart."

"He was one of my mother's favorites, she used to make things. I remember she had a shrine to him in her workshop and would leave offerings of materials, wine and flowers there when she started new projects."
Anna muttered with a faraway look in her eyes.
"She told me he would protect me if I ever needed help..."
He nodded, then pondered briefly, "You know, that just might help trying to find out where you came from; finding an artisan who vanished with her daughter all those years ago, and who left behind a workshop with a shrine to an old god..."

Dan smiled and nodded.
"Yeah...I think so to...thank you Sir."
He said as he petted the large cat.
"And thank you as well fluffball."
He said and Granite gave him a sour look, he had not quite forgiven him for being lifted yet but he butted his head against the young Mercere's hand, he would accept petting as an offering for forgiveness.
He grinned, "He's named Granite - belongs to one of the senior members here, I believe? And you are quite welcome."

Kristina dropped into the infirmary again and told you.
"I have found a room where the child can rest, and the hallway is clear, if you would come with me we should get her to bed."
He nodded and strode after her, Anna in his arms, "Thank you... I'll ask Mr. Terach if he can keep an eye on her after his injuries are seen to - I think he would make an excellent... well, babysitter for her while I am getting five minutes in a time bubble to do some research and debate with a few other individuals..."

((OOC: Oh, Jeremy, if you think this has been fun so far, wait 'til you see some action. You ain't seen nothing yet. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:25 pm

Colin glowered a little, "Yes, well, 'I just followed orders' didn't work all that well as a defense in 1945, and it shouldn't now, either."

The hedge wizard gave you a rather dark look like if she very much would like to strangle you but she said nothing and just gave a loud humf!

He nodded and paused ever so briefly, "...Thank you, miss Bosh. And I wish you no ill, either, but I take the well-being of others seriously, friend or foe. And however noble the goal, using force on and ignoring the fears of innocents is never acceptable."

Miss Bosh gave you a glowering look.
"Well we each have our separate opinions Mr Wainwright."
She said with strained politeness.
"Good morning Sir."
She said before she stomped of.

He nodded, "She is brave. She's scared, too, I think, but she doesn't let those fears overtake her.

Anna nodded clearly impressed by Freddy's courage her eyes wide.

And i know Cotta... she was... kindly. She's... not going to reincarnate; I am sorry for that, for Warden's sake, but Cotta left me a gift, of sorts... They may have walked the Black Spiral, the two, but they held on to love, and I can't help but think they might have been redeemed at some point, if given the chance..."

"Cotta was Gilgulled...no that...that..."
Anna started bawling.
"I hate the Traditions that is not right. I liked Cotta it is not right to do that to her!"
She screamed clearly very upset and she coughed up a bit of blood.
"It is not right!"

He sighed, "And no, I wasn't really scared when Warden tried to Gilgul me... I'm not claiming to be exceedingly brave about it, though - I was pretty much unconscious at the time."

Anna was still bawling over Cotta and she glanced at you for a moment and continued crying.

He smiled thinly, "I guess he misses the sea and the shoreline."

"He...he just likes sand for some reason...I don't know why and other than that he is lazy and way to friendly."
Anna muttered still sobbing.

He grinned, "Yes, well, chocolate-coated bits of fruit and berries should be quite a viable treat; that's not bound to give your lungs trouble. Unless you inhale them too quickly, of course - promise me you won't do that?"

"I...think that inhaling them would miss the point then I would not taste them...and it is the ones with fruit jello inside I like the best."
She muttered tears still rolling down her cheeks and she went back to plucking at her socks, all it would take was for one of them to get a tiny hole in it and that pair would be done for.

He pondered, "I don't know if an Avatar can get fat like that... though I do know a woman who can't exactly die, because her Avatar is stuck in her body. You'll get to meet her soon enough; she's kindly, though a little old-fashioned."

"What do she do if she is shot, or beheaded or put into a meet grinder?"
Anna asked as she wiped her hears with her bloody hand.
"I guess asking her if her Avatar is so fat that it can't get out of her soul would be rude..."

He smiled, "I know. And I'll be seeing them a lot more than, well, ever before. All of a sudden, my eyes were opened a little more, and I can't seem able to not see them anymore. It's a bit of an odd sensation, but at least I can distinguish between lingering spirits and flesh-and-blood people..."

"I like seeing spirits but I sort of can't do that with these stupid cuffs on, but spirits are easier to talk to than people with spirits you know what you are getting but Abigail always read them badly, like tools...I do not like that but one do not question the Lady of the Labyrinth."
Anna said and she jingled the cuff hanging from her wrist with an annoyed look on her face.

He nodded, "There is something you can do for them - you can remember them fondly. Some people say that you aren't truly gone until the last person who remembers you is dead. And your Glass Dragon is safe, so long as you live with that pattern damage in your heart."

"I can remember them but that is not much comfort, I don't want them to get Gilgulled it is horrible it is not right...well perhaps other than Lady Abigail she is a mean, insane asshole but don't tell her I said that!"
The girl muttered then she shook her head and sigh.
"I hope I never get better then."

He nodded, then pondered briefly, "You know, that just might help trying to find out where you came from; finding an artisan who vanished with her daughter all those years ago, and who left behind a workshop with a shrine to an old god..."

"You think so Mentor? You can find out who my mother was...what her name was?"
Anna asked eagerly and seamed to perk up a bit.
"I would so love to know who she was. I remember her as kind and that I loved her but I do not even remember what she looked like, just bits and pieces here and there."

He grinned, "He's named Granite - belongs to one of the senior members here, I believe? And you are quite welcome."

"Yes he belongs to Master Antonius one of the Deacons, though now more in name than in actuality, he got him to amuse his young apprentice though I think the old man is as fond of that cat as his student is and he spoils him to no end."
Alex said and looked up from where he was stirring out some medicine in a glass of water and helping William to drink it.
"Is it to bitter? I can add some juice or honey or something?"
He asked the hedge wizard who looked at him with big eyes and shook his head.
"I...it is ok Sir."
He muttered. Dan smiled and continued to pet Granite.
"A good name for such a big boy."
He said to the cat, who seamed to now have forgiven him, the animal glanced in your direction when you said his name though curious about what you wanted.

He nodded and strode after her, Anna in his arms, "Thank you... I'll ask Mr. Terach if he can keep an eye on her after his injuries are seen to - I think he would make an excellent... well, babysitter for her while I am getting five minutes in a time bubble to do some research and debate with a few other individuals..."

"Off course...I can go an see if I can find him if you like."
Kristina said and showed you into a simple room with two beds, there where not allot of furniture just the beds, bedside tables, a desk and two closets but everything was nice and clean.
"If you place her in the bed then I will get going on that crystal grid to make her feel better and keep her safe."
Kristina said as she pulled her pouch of crystals off her belt and started clearing a small lamp away from one of the bed side tables.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:26 pm

"In the basement in a storeroom, we only really have one cell, we use it when someone go deeply into Quiet for the most part but with several prisoners we have had to spread them around the storerooms and other such facilities."
Jeffry said and Ryan chimed in.
"I can show him the way Sir."
The Security Chief nodded at that then he stood.
"Good, very good, well then Mr Yager you have your task, if you want to be shown to your room first to put away your things I am sure Mr Darehill can show you the way, Room 207. Until then do you have any more questions or comments?"

"No, I think I'm good. I'll go put my stuff back into my room and then head to the kitchen to pick up the prisoner's breakfast. Thank you for trusting me with this task and I hope I can bring you back some answers." Serge said politely as he rose up, ready to follow Ryan to his room.

((OOC: Serge is so dead once the action starts. The only real bit of combat he can do is breaking your mind apart and that only does bashing damage while mentally scarring you Smile. ))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:32 pm

"Very well, the room is simply furnished for now, we can fix that when the current crisis are done, we have a few new additions to the Chantry so we are going to have to arrange for a trip to Ikea one of these days but it will have to wait until after we have dealt with the Nephandi."
Jeffry said.
"Thank you for your help Mr Yager and welcome to Steelhaven."
Jeffry said and escorted you and Ryan to the door of his office.

Ryan took you up a set of stairs to the second floor then gave you the keys to room 207.
"Here we are, it is nothing fancy but it works."
He told you.
"Let me know what furniture and supplies you need and we will arrange for something."

(OOC: A bunch of mages on a field trip to Ikea. Smile Also while a few conflicts have been solves with violence most have actually been solved with more creative means.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:03 pm

"Very well, the room is simply furnished for now, we can fix that when the current crisis are done, we have a few new additions to the Chantry so we are going to have to arrange for a trip to Ikea one of these days but it will have to wait until after we have dealt with the Nephandi."
Jeffry said.
"Thank you for your help Mr Yager and welcome to Steelhaven."
Jeffry said and escorted you and Ryan to the door of his office.

"You know...out of all the things I expected to hear in a mage's chantry full of people who can bend reality to their will, I never once thought I would hear the word "Ikea". It just seems so strange to talk about something as mundane as a furniture store in here, especially after what we've just disscussed. Serge said with a smile as he was escorted to the door.

With a friendly wave of goodbye Serge followed Ryan up the stairs and to room 207.

"Here we are, it is nothing fancy but it works."
He told you.
"Let me know what furniture and supplies you need and we will arrange for something."

"I don't need much. Just a desk and a place to sleep. With a couple of drawings I can make this place be anything I want it to be." Serge said as he took the keys and opened the door to his room. He quickly placed his things inside the room only keeping a small pocket-sized notebook and a pencil with him.

"I can get you a better list after we've delivered the prisoners breakfast and have a nice chat with him. God I hope we don't have to make his breakfast. The last thing I need is for a Nephandi to get pissed at me because he hates my cooking." Serge said humorously as he followed Ryan to the kitchen.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:41 pm

Miss Bosh gave you a glowering look.
"Well we each have our separate opinions Mr Wainwright."
She said with strained politeness.
"Good morning Sir."
She said before she stomped of.
Once miss Bosh seemed to be out of earshot, Colin turned to Kristina, voice calm and steady, "I'm going to file a formal complaint to the Deacon Council for this. Once I've let my temper cool off a little."

"Cotta was Gilgulled...no that...that..."
Anna started bawling.
"I hate the Traditions that is not right. I liked Cotta it is not right to do that to her!"
She screamed clearly very upset and she coughed up a bit of blood.
"It is not right!"
He nodded, voice soft, "No, it wasn't right... but there was nothing i could legally do to prevent it. I... carry a piece of her, though; her last gift... not all of her is lost and gone."

"He...he just likes sand for some reason...I don't know why and other than that he is lazy and way to friendly."
Anna muttered still sobbing.
He smiled, "Glass is made from molten sand... and glass becomes sand again when it's ground down fine enough... He's a good fellow, I think, and he remembers more than you might expect of what he was before you stepped into the Caul."

"I...think that inhaling them would miss the point then I would not taste them...and it is the ones with fruit jello inside I like the best."
She muttered tears still rolling down her cheeks and she went back to plucking at her socks, all it would take was for one of them to get a tiny hole in it and that pair would be done for.
He grinned, "Well, I will have to see if I can get you a bag of those soon, then."

"What do she do if she is shot, or beheaded or put into a meet grinder?"
Anna asked as she wiped her hears with her bloody hand.
"I guess asking her if her Avatar is so fat that it can't get out of her soul would be rude..."
He pondered for a moment, "Honestly, I think she would become quite cross. And once she pulled herself back together, I suspect whoever did something so undignified to her would find themselves in a very unenviable position."

"I like seeing spirits but I sort of can't do that with these stupid cuffs on, but spirits are easier to talk to than people with spirits you know what you are getting but Abigail always read them badly, like tools...I do not like that but one do not question the Lady of the Labyrinth."
Anna said and she jingled the cuff hanging from her wrist with an annoyed look on her face.
He frowned, "There are people who treat people like tools in the same way, too... Abigail won't do that anymore, though. Question her methods all you like, but... don't expect an answer. And I'm sorry, but the cuff stays for now... your magic will have to be restricted for some time, though... I will do everything in my power to make sure the damnable serum is never used on you. The... future memories, I'd been forced to use it, but those same memories give me the very reasons why I must not do so. I am about to change the future for you, and I hope it won't hurt me too much..."

"I can remember them but that is not much comfort, I don't want them to get Gilgulled it is horrible it is not right...well perhaps other than Lady Abigail she is a mean, insane asshole but don't tell her I said that!"
The girl muttered then she shook her head and sigh.
"I hope I never get better then."
He nodded, "It is horrible, and it's not right... the law is the law, however, and that will require a lot of work to change... or a shock to the public. Hopefully, this battle will lead to that shock, to a change in practice, but... that won't help your Labyrinthmates..."
He smiled thinly, "Oh, it's quite alright if you get better - I don't know if you'll ever get quite well enough to have your Avatar attacked, and frankly, you can still lead a long, healthy life even if your heart can't take that sort of stress... In fact, that condition might give you a longer life expectancy than most."

"You think so Mentor? You can find out who my mother was...what her name was?"
Anna asked eagerly and seamed to perk up a bit.
"I would so love to know who she was. I remember her as kind and that I loved her but I do not even remember what she looked like, just bits and pieces here and there."
He nodded, "You told me, back then, that your name was Anthea. That information is enough to start with - the search will probably take some time, but it's not an impossible task anymore."

"Off course...I can go an see if I can find him if you like."
Kristina said and showed you into a simple room with two beds, there where not allot of furniture just the beds, bedside tables, a desk and two closets but everything was nice and clean.
"If you place her in the bed then I will get going on that crystal grid to make her feel better and keep her safe."
Kristina said as she pulled her pouch of crystals off her belt and started clearing a small lamp away from one of the bed side tables.
He nodded and gently tucked Anna in, "Yes... Sleep well, sweetie. I will watch over you for a few minutes, then I will ask a trusted friend to take over... I've got some more errands to run before I can return to Boston."

((OOC: Yeah, while there have been shots fired, most of the situations have been resolved in more diplomatic manners. Also, as a word of advice, don't try to get into Colin's head. It's a scary place with strange, twisty paths and a few quite nasty experiences tucked away. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:52 am

Sarge:

"You know...out of all the things I expected to hear in a mage's chantry full of people who can bend reality to their will, I never once thought I would hear the word "Ikea". It just seems so strange to talk about something as mundane as a furniture store in here, especially after what we've just disscussed. Serge said with a smile as he was escorted to the door.

Jeffry gave you a bit of a shrug and a wry grin as he lead you to the door.
"Perhaps but if we leave our mundane lives completely behind we loose a bit of what makes us human and besides I like to have a chair to plop my eldritch hindquarters down onto now and again."

"I don't need much. Just a desk and a place to sleep. With a couple of drawings I can make this place be anything I want it to be." Serge said as he took the keys and opened the door to his room. He quickly placed his things inside the room only keeping a small pocket-sized notebook and a pencil with him.

"I think there is a desk in the bedroom."
Ryan said as you went inside your new apartment and placed your things, what you saw where a small room with a kitchen and living room in one, the kitchen table where old and the sofa and two chairs looked like they might be from the 70's with a yellow print that where starting to fade, the kitchenette had rather modern appliances though, the floors where wood and the wallpaper where a pale cream, there was also two doors probably leading to a bathroom and a bedroom.

"I can get you a better list after we've delivered the prisoners breakfast and have a nice chat with him. God I hope we don't have to make his breakfast. The last thing I need is for a Nephandi to get pissed at me because he hates my cooking." Serge said humorously as he followed Ryan to the kitchen.

"And how would you presume the food where to be made kid, we will make him some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or something."
Ryan said as he waited for you to lock your door and led the way down the corridor to the kitchen, you met a man in his early 40's with a big black dog along the way, he gave you a polite nod but did not stop. You where led through the common room, there where several people here a Hispanic man who looked like he was nursing a headache, Ryan gave him a concerned look. An elegant elderly woman with short gray hair and a very formal way of dressing was having breakfast with a small girl child of no more than six she gave you a look.
"Ah our new Chantry member?"
She asked.
"How nice to meet you."
She added while the little girl smiled to you and then looked shyly down. There was also a woman with short blond hair wearing army boots, baggy pants and a tshirt she looked rather glum as well and glanced up at you.
"Are you the Cultist we where getting?"
She asked. Ryan pointed to a door in the end of the room.
"The kitchen is through there."
He said. The common room itself was a large room lit from several large windows on one wall filled with small tables, there was a table with a coffee maker and cups in one end and here and there where paintings on the wall.

Colin:

Once miss Bosh seemed to be out of earshot, Colin turned to Kristina, voice calm and steady, "I'm going to file a formal complaint to the Deacon Council for this. Once I've let my temper cool off a little."

Kristina nodded at that.
"It is understandable Colin, both your anger and the complaint."
She agreed.

He nodded, voice soft, "No, it wasn't right... but there was nothing i could legally do to prevent it. I... carry a piece of her, though; her last gift... not all of her is lost and gone."

"How can you carry a piece of her?"
Anna asked and she continued to sob.
"Someone should have stopped it and helped her."
She declared before she asked with tears rolling down her eyes.
"Did it take long? What happened to her afterwards Mentor?"

He smiled, "Glass is made from molten sand... and glass becomes sand again when it's ground down fine enough... He's a good fellow, I think, and he remembers more than you might expect of what he was before you stepped into the Caul."

The girl looked away fearfully.
"I...don't want to talk about the Caul."
She said hastily.
"I did not know glass was made from sand...that is...interesting. My Avatar is Primordial I think they said but I am not sure what that really means."

He grinned, "Well, I will have to see if I can get you a bag of those soon, then."

Anna looked at you and nodded but she did not smile she was still angry and sad over what she had heard had happened to Cotta and continued crying.

He pondered for a moment, "Honestly, I think she would become quite cross. And once she pulled herself back together, I suspect whoever did something so undignified to her would find themselves in a very unenviable position."

"That is sort of cool that she can pull herself together like that she must be very powerful."
The little girl muttered momentarily brought out of her grief by the wonder of the magick you where describing.
"Do you think she would win in a magick duel with my former Mentor?"
She said clearly still setting Gabriel on a pedestal much like a child would her father.

He frowned, "There are people who treat people like tools in the same way, too... Abigail won't do that anymore, though. Question her methods all you like, but... don't expect an answer.

Anna just nodded at that and sigh.

And I'm sorry, but the cuff stays for now... your magic will have to be restricted for some time, though... I will do everything in my power to make sure the damnable serum is never used on you. The... future memories, I'd been forced to use it, but those same memories give me the very reasons why I must not do so. I am about to change the future for you, and I hope it won't hurt me too much..."

"H...how long I do not know how to live without my magick."
The little girl said and her lower lip started trembling again and big tears welled up in her eyes.
"I don't want to be kept from my magick!"
She sobbed.
"What serum I don't understand."

He nodded, "It is horrible, and it's not right... the law is the law, however, and that will require a lot of work to change... or a shock to the public. Hopefully, this battle will lead to that shock, to a change in practice, but... that won't help your Labyrinthmates..."

"Then the law is wrong and we should not be following it!"
Anna declared angrily.
"Can't we save them I don't want them to get Gilgulled I don't!"
She begged as she sobbed.

He smiled thinly, "Oh, it's quite alright if you get better - I don't know if you'll ever get quite well enough to have your Avatar attacked, and frankly, you can still lead a long, healthy life even if your heart can't take that sort of stress... In fact, that condition might give you a longer life expectancy than most."

"I can always use magick to live longer but how would a bad heart give me a longer life expectency I don't understand."
The girl muttered again still sobbing and clearly confused.

He nodded, "You told me, back then, that your name was Anthea. That information is enough to start with - the search will probably take some time, but it's not an impossible task anymore."

"Anthea...that is probably why I like the name Anna it came from that, I mean it is similar but more common here..."
The girl muttered then she smiled a little.
"I would like to know my mother's name at least...yeah I would very much like that."

He nodded and gently tucked Anna in, "Yes... Sleep well, sweetie. I will watch over you for a few minutes, then I will ask a trusted friend to take over... I've got some more errands to run before I can return to Boston."

Anna looked up at you and grabbed the covers with her small hands and pulled them up to her nose.
"What about that nurse will she come back?"
She asked. While you tucked the girl in Kristine was creating a complex design on the nightstand with crystals and the bending down to make another grid under the bed.
"Is that how she do magick?"
Anna asked and looked at the crystals.
"That is very pretty..."
She muttered her eyes sliding close but she was forcing them to stay open.
"Very, very pretty."

(OOC: Also getting into Colin's mind might make Freddy angry and you do not want to do that. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:13 am

"I don't cost me anything it is not my room."
Zach said and looked around.
"That book shelf there if we just take the end of it and wrap it in a blanket we have a makeshift stretcher right there and the way I understand it this place is going to come apart anyway so we might as well use what we can and a mess will not matter much."
The Virtual Adept said and pointed at a tall Ikea bookshelf.
"If you watch Flavio for a moment I can take the shelf apart and make the stretcher."

"This was the security chief's room. Most of the magickal activity we found earlier was concentrated on a few areas, that doesn't mean there aren't things that shouldn't be touched," he cautioned. "We could probably use a blanket though," he said, looking around for something to make the stretcher that wouldn't take as much moving about as dumping a bookshelf and doing another scan of the area for anything he might have missed when he was in there before.

// lol I think that you just like making Adley suffer Anja ; ) - let me know if you want another search roll/magick roll.
@Jeremy - well, pretty sure that Adley would be up for trade on shields, kinetic/spirit for a mental one; mind magick is not great when it's used on you as a weapon >.> I think Serge is the first PC to have that high a rank in it so far. Their cabal could probably use a magickal therapist, after all this shit, js xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:18 am

"I think there is a desk in the bedroom."
Ryan said as you went inside your new apartment and placed your things, what you saw where a small room with a kitchen and living room in one, the kitchen table where old and the sofa and two chairs looked like they might be from the 70's with a yellow print that where starting to fade, the kitchenette had rather modern appliances though, the floors where wood and the wallpaper where a pale cream, there was also two doors probably leading to a bathroom and a bedroom.

"Wow, this is much nicer than I thought it would be." Serge said as he looked around his new room briefly before leaving his stuff and exiting.

"And how would you presume the food where to be made kid, we will make him some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or something." Ryan said as he waited for you to lock your door and led the way down the corridor to the kitchen

"I dunno, I thought someone else would be making the food for the prisoners and we would just deliver it to them." Serge said as he locked the door and followed Ryan to the kitchen.

you met a man in his early 40's with a big black dog along the way, he gave you a polite nod but did not stop.

Serge respectfully returned the nod as he passed by the man and his dog.

You where led through the common room, there where several people here a Hispanic man who looked like he was nursing a headache, Ryan gave him a concerned look. An elegant elderly woman with short gray hair and a very formal way of dressing was having breakfast with a small girl child of no more than six she gave you a look.
"Ah our new Chantry member?"
She asked.
"How nice to meet you."
She added while the little girl smiled to you and then looked shyly down

Serge flashed a warm smile at the elderly lady and said cheerily "Yep that would be me. It's nice to meet you as well."

Looking down at the little girl, Serge returned her smile and said calmly "And it's nice to meet you as well. No need to be shy, I won't bite. What's your name?".

There was also a woman with short blond hair wearing army boots, baggy pants and a tshirt she looked rather glum as well and glanced up at you.
"Are you the Cultist we where getting?"
She asked.

"Yeah that would be me. Just came in today." Serge answered simply, deciding that the women wasn't in the mood for further a lengthy conversation. In his lifetime of television and more television a women wearing army boots was always a tough person who no one wanted to mess with and Serge didn't want to take his chances.

Ryan pointed to a door in the end of the room.
"The kitchen is through there."
He said. The common room itself was a large room lit from several large windows on one wall filled with small tables, there was a table with a coffee maker and cups in one end and here and there where paintings on the wall.

Serge looked in the direction that Ryan pointed in. "I think coffee and some sort of sandwich would make for a good breakfast." Serge commented quietly to Ryan.

((OOC: Serge has his own massive mind palace to mess around in Cool
Adley: Yeah after what I've been reading, I think Serge's mentor might be of more use than Serge.))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:22 am

Adley:

"This was the security chief's room. Most of the magickal activity we found earlier was concentrated on a few areas, that doesn't mean there aren't things that shouldn't be touched," he cautioned.

"You are probably right but do you really think the woman have spelled her bookshelf?"
Zach said and sigh as he glanced at the shelves.

"We could probably use a blanket though," he said, looking around for something to make the stretcher that wouldn't take as much moving about as dumping a bookshelf and doing another scan of the area for anything he might have missed when he was in there before.

You see the blanket that had been tossed over William was still there on the floor. There where few other things that could be used to make a stretcher from, perhaps the living room table. You found no other sources of magick in here than when you had examined the room earlier other than the residues from Flavio's interrupted Ball of Abysmal Flame.
"So do we go with the the bookshelf ends or do we use anything else?"
Zach asked.

Sarge:

"Wow, this is much nicer than I thought it would be." Serge said as he looked around his new room briefly before leaving his stuff and exiting.

"I am glad you like it."
Ryan said and smiled.

"I dunno, I thought someone else would be making the food for the prisoners and we would just deliver it to them." Serge said as he locked the door and followed Ryan to the kitchen.

"Eventually someone will probably given the job of making breakfast for the prisoners but for now we are on our own."
The older Cultist said and nodded as he hurried down the hallway.

Serge flashed a warm smile at the elderly lady and said cheerily "Yep that would be me. It's nice to meet you as well."

"I am Hildegaard Gottschalk bani Celestial Chorus and this child is my apprentice. I am glad to meet you young man nothing is more joyous than young mages to carry the art forward."
The elderly woman said and rose and offered you her hand in greeting.

Looking down at the little girl, Serge returned her smile and said calmly "No need to be shy, I won't bite. What's your name?".

The little girl smiled shyly but she stood and curtsy.
"I am Jane Sir."
She muttered and gave you a smile before she looked shyly away again.

"Yeah that would be me. Just came in today." Serge answered simply, deciding that the women wasn't in the mood for further a lengthy conversation. In his lifetime of television and more television a women wearing army boots was always a tough person who no one wanted to mess with and Serge didn't want to take his chances.

"Hum...welcome."
Was all the woman said but she was lost in her own thought and she simply lifted her right hand a little, the only piece of jewelry she was wearing other than tiny silver studs in her ears was a Cult of Ecstasy lotus ring, though hers where rather beat up and chipped, she said nothing more though she just focused on her food.

Serge looked in the direction that Ryan pointed in. "I think coffee and some sort of sandwich would make for a good breakfast." Serge commented quietly to Ryan.

"That should do it."
Ryan agreed as he entered a large, rectangle shaped kitchen with blue and green tiles on the floor. He took some bread out of one cabinet.
"See what we have to work with in the fridge will you kid?"
He asked as he put a few slices of bread on a plate.

(OOC: Well it is my job to make you all suffer. Razz But yes after this week they have been having allot of the mages of Steelhaven could need a good therapist so Angie might be getting some work.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:45 am

"I am Hildegaard Gottschalk bani Celestial Chorus and this child is my apprentice. I am glad to meet you young man nothing is more joyous than young mages to carry the art forward."
The elderly woman said and rose and offered you her hand in greeting.

"I'm more than glad to be able to carry our art forward. It's been quite an interesting journey for me and I look forward to seeing how that journey continues." Serge said taking the women's hand and shaking it politely.

The little girl smiled shyly but she stood and curtsy.
"I am Jane Sir."
She muttered and gave you a smile before she looked shyly away again.

"Hello Jane. I wish I had brought my sketchbook. I had some really cool pictures in their that I think you would've liked. I had this one really cool picture of a castle that I drew while I was coming here. It was what I thought this place was going to look like. I'll show it to you the next time I see you ok? Serge said calmly to the little girl, not wanting to frighten her.

"Hum...welcome."
Was all the woman said but she was lost in her own thought and she simply lifted her right hand a little, the only piece of jewelry she was wearing other than tiny silver studs in her ears was a Cult of Ecstasy lotus ring, though hers where rather beat up and chipped, she said nothing more though she just focused on her food.

Serge noticed the lotus ring and looked back at his....then back at the women's....then back at his to confirm that it was the same ring.

"You didn't tell me that their was another cultist here." Serge whispered quietly to Ryan. "Who is she?"

"That should do it."
Ryan agreed as he entered a large, rectangle shaped kitchen with blue and green tiles on the floor. He took some bread out of one cabinet.
"See what we have to work with in the fridge will you kid?"
He asked as he put a few slices of bread on a plate.

"Sure thing..." Serge said as he rummaged through the fridge looking for something that he could us in a sandwich. Preferably something that could be used to make sandwiches quickly like peanut butter or jelly or both.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:37 am

"I'm more than glad to be able to carry our art forward. It's been quite an interesting journey for me and I look forward to seeing how that journey continues." Serge said taking the women's hand and shaking it politely.

"That is good young man we always need new Awakened."
Hildegard said politely as she shook your hand.
"And we each have to see where our journey carry us, no one know before we have trod the path."

"Hello Jane. I wish I had brought my sketchbook. I had some really cool pictures in their that I think you would've liked. I had this one really cool picture of a castle that I drew while I was coming here. It was what I thought this place was going to look like. I'll show it to you the next time I see you ok? Serge said calmly to the little girl, not wanting to frighten her.

The little girl smiled.
"You like to draw Sir?"
She asked and she seamed a little less shy.
"I like to draw to. I would love to see your pictures? A castle that sounds really pretty."
She added and giggled.

Serge noticed the lotus ring and looked back at his....then back at the women's....then back at his to confirm that it was the same ring.

"You didn't tell me that their was another cultist here." Serge whispered quietly to Ryan. "Who is she?"

The ring was the same as yours with few differences the Cult of Ecstasy had never been much for uniformity so their membership rings showed their Tradition logo a stylized lotus but other than that the design was up to the tastes for the Mentor who had a ring made for their student.
"There are two other Cultists living here my own young apprentice Rosa Olson and...that woman over there she is in my Cabal her name is Helga Williams she...is a loyal friend but she...have some issues with her own mind at times."
Ryan said and frowned he glanced backwards at Helga with a concerned look in his eyes.

"Sure thing..." Serge said as he rummaged through the fridge looking for something that he could us in a sandwich. Preferably something that could be used to make sandwiches quickly like peanut butter or jelly or both.

You found peanut butter in one of the cabinets and two types of jelly, strawberry and blueberry in the fridge.
"Did you find what we need kid?"
Ryan asked as he filled a paper cup with coffee.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:58 am

The little girl smiled.
"You like to draw Sir?"
She asked and she seamed a little less shy.
"I like to draw to. I would love to see your pictures? A castle that sounds really pretty."
She added and giggled.

"I love to draw. Its basically what I've done my whole life. Its the only way to get my imagination into the real world. Well that and using some mystical magickal tricks." Serge said waving his hands in the air like a bad magician.  

"I have some work I need to attend to, but I would love to draw some pictures with you later Jane. I brought a bunch of art supplies that we can use." Serge said with a wave as he entered the kitchen with Ryan.

"There are two other Cultists living here my own young apprentice Rosa Olson and...that woman over there she is in my Cabal her name is Helga Williams she...is a loyal friend but she...have some issues with her own mind at times."
Ryan said and frowned he glanced backwards at Helga with a concerned look in his eyes.

"So Rosa's the last Cultist I need to meet. What she like?" Serge asked as he took his own backwards glance at Helga...wondering what Ryan had meant.

You found peanut butter in one of the cabinets and two types of jelly, strawberry and blueberry in the fridge.
"Did you find what we need kid?"
Ryan asked as he filled a paper cup with coffee.

"Yeah I got peanut butter and strawberry jam. Lets hope he likes a pretty mundane breakfast." Serge said as he began to prepare a basic pb&j sandwich to go along with the coffee.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:15 am

"I love to draw. Its basically what I've done my whole life. Its the only way to get my imagination into the real world. Well that and using some mystical magickal tricks." Serge said waving his hands in the air like a bad magician.

Jane smiles to you.
"I like to draw flowers."
She told you.
"I have never seen anyone do magick like that though."
She commented about your weaving.
"I use singing Sir."

"I have some work I need to attend to, but I would love to draw some pictures with you later Jane. I brought a bunch of art supplies that we can use." Serge said with a wave as he entered the kitchen with Ryan.

The little girl smiled happily.
"I would like that very much Sir...can I Mentor?"
She asked and looked up at Hildegard, the older Chorister nodded.
"Very well child as long as you do not bother Mr...ehm young man I do not think I caught your name."
The elderly woman said and turned to you and raised an eyebrow in question.

"So Rosa's the last Cultist I need to meet. What she like?" Serge asked as he took his own backwards glance at Helga...wondering what Ryan had meant.

"Rosa? Well she is pretty overwhelmed I think she Awakened just a month ago, it was not planned."
Ryan said and sigh.
"To be honest I am not sure if I am ready for an apprentice but when my actions led her to her Awakening I could not just abandon her...she is a great kid though, a few years younger than you she is a collage student."
He said and gave a little proud smile. Helga however just continued to eat her breakfast in silence.

"Yeah I got peanut butter and strawberry jam. Lets hope he likes a pretty mundane breakfast." Serge said as he began to prepare a basic pb&j sandwich to go along with the coffee.

"Yeah, well I think most likes that."
Ryan said and shrugged as he found a tray and a napkin from a cabinet.
"All set then kid?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:27 am

Jane smiles to you.
"I like to draw flowers."
She told you.
"I have never seen anyone do magick like that though."
She commented about your weaving.
"I use singing Sir."

"I use my drawings and my imagination for my magickal tricks." Serge explained.

The little girl smiled happily.
"I would like that very much Sir...can I Mentor?"
She asked and looked up at Hildegard, the older Chorister nodded.
"Very well child as long as you do not bother Mr...ehm young man I do not think I caught your name."
The elderly woman said and turned to you and raised an eyebrow in question.

Serge's eyes widened a bit as he realized that he had forgotten to introduce himself while in a rush to get to the kitchen. "I am so sorry. It seems I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Serge Yager."

"Rosa? Well she is pretty overwhelmed I think she Awakened just a month ago, it was not planned."
Ryan said and sigh.
"To be honest I am not sure if I am ready for an apprentice but when my actions led her to her Awakening I could not just abandon her...she is a great kid though, a few years younger than you she is a collage student."
He said and gave a little proud smile. Helga however just continued to eat her breakfast in silence.

"Don't worry. You'll be a great mentor!" Serge reassured him. "And I'll be glad to help if you ever need any. I went through what she went through and I can help her adjust to this weird world she's fallen into."

"Yeah, well I think most likes that."
Ryan said and shrugged as he found a tray and a napkin from a cabinet.
"All set then kid?"

"Yep! Let's go do this." Serge said excitedly as a way to mask the nervousness he was feeling within.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:47 am

"I use my drawings and my imagination for my magickal tricks." Serge explained.

"That is very cool Sir."
The little girl said and smiled.

Serge's eyes widened a bit as he realized that he had forgotten to introduce himself while in a rush to get to the kitchen. "I am so sorry. It seems I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Serge Yager."

Hildegard smiled and gave you a polite nod.
"Very good Mr Yager, as long as my apprentice don't bother you I have nothing against you drawing pictures with her, I am sure it will amuse her...well then I will keep you no further. Good morning Mr Yager."
The Chorister said politely. Jane sat down with her breakfast again and waved to you then she smiled a bit shyly again.

"Don't worry. You'll be a great mentor!" Serge reassured him. "And I'll be glad to help if you ever need any. I went through what she went through and I can help her along."

Ryan smiled.
"I hope so but I have to admit that the whole thing is rather daunting."
He said then he nodded.
"I appropriate that Sarge, we all went though the confusion that come right after the Awakening but perhaps someone closer to Rosa's age would be beneficial for her."
He said and nodded.
"Thank you for offering."

"Yep! Let's go do this." Serge said excitedly as a way to mask the nervousness he was feeling within.

"Very well let us go then and remember to keep your wits about you."
Ryan said and he handed you the tray and then led the way out of the kitchen, nodding to Hildegard and Jane as he passed them, Helga had finished and had left the common room. Ryan led the way out into the hallway and then he took a door to the left and headed towards the basement. Down in the basement he took the left of two hallways and you got into a corridor where there where several mages on guard duty, Helga was down here now, as well as the Hispanic man you had seen and a tall black man wearing jeans and a turtle neck sweater. Ryan waved to everyone then he opened one of the doors, the room beyond where a store room, there where cardboard boxes on shelves and various bits and bobs stored everywhere. A man with dark hair in cornrows, pale skin and dark brown eyes wearing a rather thorn red sweater and blood stained jeans sat bound to a wall mounted radiator, one of his hands where rather pink and swollen, it looked like it had been healed from rather bad damage and the redness was what was left. The man looked afraid but like if he was trying to hide that fact he turned towards you and Ryan as you entered the room giving you nervous glances.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:10 pm

"How can you carry a piece of her?"
Anna asked and she continued to sob.
"Someone should have stopped it and helped her."
She declared before she asked with tears rolling down her eyes.
"Did it take long? What happened to her afterwards Mentor?"
He leaned in and whispered conspiratorially, "My Avatar picked up a fragment of hers. Don't tell anyone, though."
He shifted back on his heels a little, and frowned, "Afterwards... she did not suffer. It was quick and merciful, at least..."

The girl looked away fearfully.
"I...don't want to talk about the Caul."
She said hastily.
"I did not know glass was made from sand...that is...interesting. My Avatar is Primordial I think they said but I am not sure what that really means."
He nodded, "No, we shouldn't talk about that... Hm, Primordial, that means it will be more unpredictable, I think; an agent of sudden change more than anything... In comparison, a Pattern Avatar will be more content to slowly build upon previously gained knowledge, a more structured path."

"That is sort of cool that she can pull herself together like that she must be very powerful."
The little girl muttered momentarily brought out of her grief by the wonder of the magick you where describing.
"Do you think she would win in a magick duel with my former Mentor?"
She said clearly still setting Gabriel on a pedestal much like a child would her father.
He shrugged, "I think... that would depend entirely on the terms of the duel, actually... Different dueling forms would favour them differently."

"H...how long I do not know how to live without my magick."
The little girl said and her lower lip started trembling again and big tears welled up in her eyes.
"I don't want to be kept from my magick!"
She sobbed.
"What serum I don't understand."
He sighed, "I don't know how long, precisely, but... a while. I expect I'll have the opportunity to let you cut loose a little from time to time, though, and eventually... you'll be the one to determine whether you use magic or not. I can't make any concrete promises, but with just a little bit of luck, I might be able to arrange a little Christmas miracle, at least... Plus, I know a few tricks to let you at least see magic, even if your own power is a little restricted."
He grimaced, "There's a serum - a nasty shot that suppresses the Avatar and cuts off the Quintessence flow. It... has some recently discovered side effects that mean I will never permit anyone to administer it to you. Under any circumstances. If you don't know about it, then don't worry about it either."

"Then the law is wrong and we should not be following it!"
Anna declared angrily.
"Can't we save them I don't want them to get Gilgulled I don't!"
She begged as she sobbed.
He shook his head, "We cannot change a bad law by breaking it... There's nothing I can do for them now, but... some of them might be able to at least get a good lawyer to defend them... and the law will be forced to change."

"I can always use magick to live longer but how would a bad heart give me a longer life expectency I don't understand."
The girl muttered again still sobbing and clearly confused.
He smiled, "Because you'll never be forced to the front lines in battle - you'll pretty much always be safely hidden somewhere enemy fire will struggle to reach you, even as you pick apart incoming spells. That... is an enviable advantage."

"Anthea...that is probably why I like the name Anna it came from that, I mean it is similar but more common here..."
The girl muttered then she smiled a little.
"I would like to know my mother's name at least...yeah I would very much like that."
He nodded and smiled, "And I know some excellent people to start searching."

Anna looked up at you and grabbed the covers with her small hands and pulled them up to her nose.
"What about that nurse will she come back?"
She asked. While you tucked the girl in Kristine was creating a complex design on the nightstand with crystals and the bending down to make another grid under the bed.
"Is that how she do magick?"
Anna asked and looked at the crystals.
"That is very pretty..."
She muttered her eyes sliding close but she was forcing them to stay open.
"Very, very pretty."
He shook his head, "No, the nurse won't come near you, unless she suffers an acute wish to get shot. She'll be too busy tending to adults with assorted injuries for a while, in any case."
He smiled, "And yes, that is how she works her magic. Several Verbena use crystals - though not all of them. There's some sense to it, though, so I might pick up the methodology."
He sat down beside her, "Now, while you rest up, let me begin telling you a story... I don't recall it verbatim, but I know the story well... In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort..."

He sat there, telling the first chapter of The Hobbit, until Anna fell asleep, then leaned back in a chair and waited for Adjan to come by.

((OOC: Yeah, no angering the green-haired technomancer. She'll replace your entire music library with chicken yodel polkas, subscribe you to some exotic fetish websites, ruin your online reputation, and then she'll get nasty. Also, she has a big revolver. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:41 pm

He leaned in and whispered conspiratorially, "My Avatar picked up a fragment of hers. Don't tell anyone, though."

Anna's eyes widened and she looked at you.
"I...am not going to say anything Mentor but how is that possible."

He shifted back on his heels a little, and frowned, "Afterwards... she did not suffer. It was quick and merciful, at least..."

The little girl nodded and she sobbed more and shook her head.
"None of this is right!"
She declared.

He nodded, "No, we shouldn't talk about that...

Anna looked fearful and a shadow had fallen over her eyes and she shook her head.
"No we should never talk about that."
She agreed.

Hm, Primordial, that means it will be more unpredictable, I think; an agent of sudden change more than anything... In comparison, a Pattern Avatar will be more content to slowly build upon previously gained knowledge, a more structured path."

"He is not really unpredictable or anything he is just old, really old, he is more slow and lazy than someone that like the change things."
She said and shook her head.

He shrugged, "I think... that would depend entirely on the terms of the duel, actually... Different dueling forms would favour them differently."

"What if both where on a open field and just could let loose with their magick and toss spells at one another who would win?"
The little girl asked eagerly.

He sighed, "I don't know how long, precisely, but... a while. I expect I'll have the opportunity to let you cut loose a little from time to time, though, and eventually... you'll be the one to determine whether you use magic or not. I can't make any concrete promises, but with just a little bit of luck, I might be able to arrange a little Christmas miracle, at least... Plus, I know a few tricks to let you at least see magic, even if your own power is a little restricted."

Anna looked down sadly.
"I don't like that...I don't like that at all but it is better than never being allowed to use magick again."
She said she was clearly quite concerned about the notion of being kept from her magick over long periods of time.

He grimaced, "There's a serum - a nasty shot that suppresses the Avatar and cuts off the Quintessence flow. It... has some recently discovered side effects that mean I will never permit anyone to administer it to you. Under any circumstances. If you don't know about it, then don't worry about it either."

Anna looked rather fearful.
"That sounds bad, I would not like that."
She declared.
"You promise not to let anyone give me that serum?"
She asked fearfully.

He shook his head, "We cannot change a bad law by breaking it... There's nothing I can do for them now, but... some of them might be able to at least get a good lawyer to defend them... and the law will be forced to change."

"What is the point in following some law if it is not right?"
Anna asked angrily.
"Can a good lawyer save them from Gilgul?"
She wanted to know.

He smiled, "Because you'll never be forced to the front lines in battle - you'll pretty much always be safely hidden somewhere enemy fire will struggle to reach you, even as you pick apart incoming spells. That... is an enviable advantage."

"Well it would be pretty stupid to put the counterspeller right on the front like since that will then be the first target, however I would not want to just hide while my allies where in danger either."
Anna protested.

He nodded and smiled, "And I know some excellent people to start searching."

That made the little girl smile a little.

He shook his head, "No, the nurse won't come near you, unless she suffers an acute wish to get shot. She'll be too busy tending to adults with assorted injuries for a while, in any case."

Anna seamed a bit concerned still.
"Is she going to stick the adults with needles Mentor?"
She asked. Kristina looked at the young Nephanda as she placed her crystals.
"Probably some of them but only the ones who want to. I heard some of the incoming muttering about all the tetanus shots, and some have cuts that needs stitches but mostly it will be magickal healing but no one will do anything to anyone against their will and not to you either little one."
The Verbena said Anna did not not seam convinced but she sigh and nodded.
"I guess that makes sense some places in the Labyrinth is dirty I have gotten sick from cuts and scrapes several times but it was healed."
She eventually agreed.
"I guess if they want it themselves and are not forced then it is ok."

He smiled, "And yes, that is how she works her magic. Several Verbena use crystals - though not all of them. There's some sense to it, though, so I might pick up the methodology."

"I find them to be practical tools, especially when using blood are impractical, you see my husband is a vampire and bleeding around him can be a problem at times so I had to change my working tools a bit."
Kristina said as she put one crystal in a sort of spiral and hung it on a necklace around Anna's neck the little girl lifting the pendant and looking at it, then the Verbena took another crystal, held it against the one in the spiral for a while and seamed to concentrate then she handed you the second crystal.
"If Anna gets worse, or very scared or in otherwise are in distress or danger this crystal will crack or shatter, that will let you know if something is wrong."
She told you as she handed you the piece of quartz.
"Ok then are everything in hand then, the crystal grid on the table are for her heart and breathing and will have a calming effect the one under the bed are for protection...I should get down to the portal room and help out with the wounded unless you two need me for anything else."
Kristina said.
"Thank you ma'am."
Anna said and Kristina smiled.
"My pleasure little one."

He sat down beside her, "Now, while you rest up, let me begin telling you a story... I don't recall it verbatim, but I know the story well... In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a hobbit-hole, and that means comfort..."

He sat there, telling the first chapter of The Hobbit, until Anna fell asleep, then leaned back in a chair and waited for Adjan to come by.

"What is a Hobbit Mentor?"
Anna muttered but her eyes where sliding shut and shortly thereafter she was sleeping, one small hand holding the covers she seamed far more relaxed now. After about ten minutes Adjan came up he gently knocked on the door and when he saw Anna sleeping he whispered.
"I was told you wanted to see me Colin, that you needed a babysitter."
He said, blood had been cleaned of his face though his clothes where still dirty and the gash that ran from this temple to his cheek had been stitched up, his skin was blotchy with freshly healed pink skin though so it was clear that his injuries had been far worse.

(OOC: Yeah don't fuck with Freddy. Also Warp I played MtG with N today so I have the board game you bought from her. You can pick it up from me the next time we play cards or RPG.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:00 pm

"You are probably right but do you really think the woman have spelled her bookshelf?" Zach said and sigh as he glanced at the shelves. "So do we go with the the bookshelf ends or do we use anything else?"Zach asked.

"Depends on what's on the shelf; knowledge is power," he said. Then he pointed at the table. "Flip that over, then we'll also have the legs to use to carry it, plus it's sturdier than Ikea. Can you grab that blanket?" He went over to grab the table and move it in, flipping it over so they could set Flavio down on it and get him ready to move out.

// Even Nephandi decorate their labyrinths with Ikea xD  That makes it somehow so much worse.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:17 pm

"Very well let us go then and remember to keep your wits about you."
Ryan said and he handed you the tray and then led the way out of the kitchen, nodding to Hildegard and Jane as he passed them, Helga had finished and had left the common room. Ryan led the way out into the hallway and then he took a door to the left and headed towards the basement. Down in the basement he took the left of two hallways and you got into a corridor where there where several mages on guard duty, Helga was down here now, as well as the Hispanic man you had seen and a tall black man wearing jeans and a turtle neck sweater. Ryan waved to everyone then he opened one of the doors, the room beyond where a store room, there where cardboard boxes on shelves and various bits and bobs stored everywhere. A man with dark hair in cornrows, pale skin and dark brown eyes wearing a rather thorn red sweater and blood stained jeans sat bound to a wall mounted radiator, one of his hands where rather pink and swollen, it looked like it had been healed from rather bad damage and the redness was what was left. The man looked afraid but like if he was trying to hide that fact he turned towards you and Ryan as you entered the room giving you nervous glances.

Serge followed Ryan, giving a friendly nod to Hildegard and Jane as he passed them.

He followed his uncle diligently down into the basement and through the long corridor, glancing around as he walked amazed by how vast the chantry was. Once he arrived, he looked at the different guard mages and breathed a sigh of relief, glad that their was someone to actually make sure he would live through the experience.

He gave a nod to Ryan before entering the room. He looked over the man carefully and then, despite the atmosphere in the room, gave a warm smile to try and calm the man down and show that he had nothing to fear from him. He placed the tray of food in front of him. and said, "Hey, I brought some breakfast for you. Hope you like coffee and pb&j sandwiches."

Serge decided to let the man talk first to gain his trust and to see how he reacted to the act of kindness.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:27 pm

Adley:

There was a tablecloth and a yellow glass bowl on the table, other than that you did not have to move much to just flip it over. Zach nodded and handed you the blanket.
"Yeah smart thinking."
He said.
"And we do not have to move everything out of the shelf, it seams it is mostly books on it, some binders and some decorative trinkets."
He added as he glanced at the shelf.
"The table is not quite long enough but I think it should be fine if his feet dangle a little, it is his head and his arms we have to be careful of."
Zach then helped you get Flavio onto the table and into a position so he could be carried between the two of you.
"Alright ready to go, do you need anything else here then or should we head to the portal?"
The Virtual Adept asked.

Sarge:

He gave a nod to Ryan before entering the room. He looked over the man carefully and then, despite the atmosphere in the room, gave a warm smile to try and calm the man down and show that he had nothing to fear. He placed the tray of food in front of him. and said, "Hey, I brought some breakfast for you. Hope you like coffee and pb&j sandwiches."

The Nephandus looked at you, regarding you for a moment then he gave a measured smile.
"Thank you, I was getting hungry."
He said but then he gently pulled on the strips that held his wrists to the radiator.
"Eating might be a bit of a problem though."
He added wryly.

(OOC: Well even Nephandi need a place to put their stuff and Ikea furniture are cheap and practical.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next