Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:50 pm

"Good," he said to Colin and then didn't pry further. Then as he held the letter, he requested to Mrs Mayer, "Please let me just see if this should require a reply. "He turned slightly into his room to skim it, so that the letter would not be easily seen by prying eyes. A frown traced his face and then he put it away, stepping back out toward the Mercere. "Thank you, we won't keep you," he said, echoing Colin.

Rita nodded.
"Good...good day to you both then Sir."
She said before she left.

(OOC: Yes well we can play that out quickly while Warp meets up with Freddy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 19 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:34 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow at Adley's mock pout, "No, I'm afraid this is for Freddy... Though, I suppose I could arrange a bouquet for you, as well. One moment..."
He fished out his phone and quickly googled a list of flower meanings, "Ah, I know just the thing, then. How do you feel about orchids? I was going to suggest pansies, but I expect you might take that the wrong way."
Colin gave a small grin and a wink, then turned serious, "That said, how is Mr. Dale faring? I hope it's not immediately bad news about his case? Obligations there and here at the same time would be... difficult."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:08 am

"I'll assume that there is some hidden meaning for 'pansy' I'm not aware of nor has been directed towards me...though I do prefer orchids. Not that I have a green thumb," he said, looking amused. His expression soon sobered though and he waved Colin in. "You might as well read this now, before you go," he said, offering the letter towards him. "I'll be showing it later to the Chief."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:26 am

Friday:

We change reality, darling. We can be super-whatever-you-like. He said as he heard with a smile. I awke when i was 5. Trained to be like this since i was 8, and my mother helped me. She was a shaman, just like me, but not awaken.

Saturday:

((YAY!! No other way to make rituals, Though)) i use up a WillPower , and more if i can make it an extended roll

Arete 3: 7, 8, 2
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:56 am

Tane

Friday:

Lily looked at you.
"So you where like this when you where a little kid, that must have been hard."
She said then she raised an eyebrow.
"Your mother was a shaman but not Awakened, so there are different kinds of people who can use magick as you call it?"
She asked and looked curious.
"It must have been nice to have a mother that do not think you are nuts and send you to e mental hospital though."
She muttered and looked down.

Saturday:

((OOC: Yes you can make it an exteneded roll, let us say each roll take around 10 minutes so just keep that in mind and post all the rolls in one, you already have two successes there though enough to make the ritual work I would say but off course more would make it work better so it is up to you if Tane stops when he feels it is just enough, or try a bit longer.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:13 am

Colin smirked at the list, "Delicate beauty it is, then... Though, jokes aside, what did Mr Dale write...?"
He read through the letter, then read it once more, then let loose a few epithets. "Well, there aren't all that many candidates we can think of, are there? This would... Oh, bugger, Mistress Telar said something was going on with Mr. Bachmeier, and she's heading for the Chief's office. Meet you there once I've delivered these?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Colin smirked at the list, "Delicate beauty it is, then... Though, jokes aside, what did Mr Dale write...? "Well, there aren't all that many candidates we can think of, are there? This would... Oh, bugger, Mistress Telar said something was going on with Mr. Bachmeier, and she's heading for the Chief's office. Meet you there once I've delivered these?"

Adley waited until he was inside and then shut the door, waiting for him to look at it, seeming to sympathize with his reaction. When he mentioned Mr Bachmeir, though, he added, "Shit, I had hoped that he was not involved in this." He shook his head. "I spoke with Mr Lenoe and he has given me a contact to follow up in Chicago regarding matters there. I'm going to try to call her, though it's daytime so she might not pick up. Please do tell my pater about this though, I'll meet you both at the office as soon as I can."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:09 pm

Friday:

I was really lucky, she understood me and all i had to do. tane said. It stinged to think his parents were still there, nobody to look after them. She couldn't perform magick, but she was the spiritual guide of the people who follows the old ways. She taught me a lot of things about our ancestors, spirits.
Tane placed a hand on her shoulder She was worried, don't be too hard on her. Most sleepers don't understand.

Saturday:

I'll make it 30 minutes, so the number is powerful, too.

20 minutes: 1 WP, Areté 3, 5, 4

30 Minutes: 1 WP, Areté 8, 6, 7

It's 9 in total. If i can add something, i'd like to be able to know if something happens in the house and if i can i'd like to be able to make the house a place in the spiritual world. Like a pocket reality but just in the spiritual world (that's the near Umbra, right?)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Tane:

Friday:

"I understand, I would love to have a mother who understood me. My mother well, I mean I know she love me, but she see nothing beyond the tip of her own nose and she want this perfect daughter that she have already planned out the life for...school, marriage, career kids...she have planned all of it and she will nto tolerate anything getting in the way of that."
Lily said and sigh.
"I know, I am trying not to be to hard on her and I know she means well but still she can be hard to deal with at times."
The young woman said and glance at Tane.
"Well anyway I did not come here to bitch about my mom, so do lead the way."

Saturday:

Your ritual flow well, you feel a deeper connection with the spirit of the small house, you are able to make it so that you will know if something major disturbs that spirit, you will not know every little thing, but something that upset the spirit of the house you will feel.

(OOC: Tane is not yet powerful enough to fully make something in the Umbra, the house will have a presence in the spirit world in the Penumbra and Tane can strengthen that but not fully make or change any part of the Umbral landscape yet.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:53 pm

Friday:

You'll have to work it out, but... well, i think maybe some space will be good. For both of you. Tane said, understanding what she meant. We're going, but we are people, there is more than this magick thing to start with. Anyway, once there the security chief will run some tests on you. Nothing too harmful, probably just boring chaos maths.

Saturday:

((Ok, then let's harden the Penumbra's image of the house so it grows strong. THe spirit is awaken, then, right?))

Tane had the rope made of all the feelings and things he could make. A healing place, that was his house, and that was the idea, so now there was just a little thing to do: power it. Tane put some pants on, and holded the rope. Chest naked as he was, he went out to the limits of the Node, even swimming a while. He tied the rope to the borders of the node, making the node, the house, and his soul just one thing. If anything happened to the node or the house, he'd know, he'd feel, and should the need arise, the place might be loaded of healing energies.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:56 pm

Colin nodded sharply, "Permission to take your letter with me, or would you prefer to bring it yourself? Oh, regarding Mr. Northwind, time made it necessary to let the Technocrat there help him - an efficient, if scarcely ethical regenerative serum. Interestingly, just after he regained consciousness, the Verbena delegation returned, and came to see him - and Mr. Northwind and Lady Arden were the most calm and pragmatic about having a Progenitor perform medical assistance on him. Mr. Northwind's colleagues were somewhat upset; seems there's as much professional rivalry going on between the factions as the bloody war... Anyways, I'll see you at the Chief's office, then, provided Miss Adelbloom lets me run off again so soon..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:57 pm

Tane:

Friday:

"Some space? Well I guess having something to do for some hours a day might be good."
Lily said and nodded.
"To get my mother out of my hair for a while."
She then looked a bit skeptical.
"Tests? What sort of tests will this security guy of yours run? Math I do not understand?"
The young woman said then she sigh.
"And yes Tane I realize you are people first, so am I right, we are just people who can do some freaky things.

Saturday:

Going into the sea now at Autumn was freezing cold, you are able to do it but you can not say in the sea for long before you freeze, you complete the ritual though and can now feel the soul of the house, the spirit of the building itself, now fully awake. The building was no longer stones and dead wood, it was living, a mundane's eyes might not see it's life but it was there, it had a soul, it had a mind and it was filled with healing and your own Resonance, a sanctuary that would help keep your friends safe, the magick you had infused the area with sang to you and warmed the core of your being even as your body was chilled from the swim, and from the house you can see the building's spirit, a beautiful, friendly entity looking at you and smiling. It was a house that is what it was, all it could be, but it was so perfectly and it would protect and nurture those that lived within it's walls.

(OOC: Yes the spirit of the house is now awake.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:11 am

Colin nodded sharply, "Permission to take your letter with me, or would you prefer to bring it yourself?

"I don't see why not, especially if you're going to get it to the Chief first. So just see it gets to his hands and eyes."  

"Oh, regarding Mr. Northwind, time made it necessary to let the Technocrat there help him - an efficient, if scarcely ethical regenerative serum. Interestingly, just after he regained consciousness, the Verbena delegation returned, and came to see him - and Mr. Northwind and Lady Arden were the most calm and pragmatic about having a Progenitor perform medical assistance on him. Mr. Northwind's colleagues were somewhat upset; seems there's as much professional rivalry going on between the factions as the bloody war... Anyways, I'll see you at the Chief's office, then, provided Miss Adelbloom lets me run off again so soon..."

His face tightened a bit when Colin told him what happened at the port. "Well, at least he will live. However, that serum sounds...terrible, frankly. Yes, there are many inter-relational...rivalries, politics...I am not surprised. But it can be difficult, very difficult, navigating them all, even the ones inside my own Tradition. I'll see you soon Colin." When Colin left, he took out his phone and then glanced around his room. He left, locking it behind him and headed to one of the more secure rooms in the chantry to make his call to Tyler. It was a sad day when he had to second guess the security measures in place but Bergen had been on his floor and they still hadn't had a chance to check them all over again, he realised with a frown.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:50 am

Colin nodded and pocketed the letter, "Quite; though the strife between the Verbena and the Progenitors seems to me to be too much a case of both being very good at the exact same thing, and really detesting that the other can match them in terms of ability. You'll likely not hear me sing the Progenitor's praises, though; especially not around Master Nassa."
He sighed, "Well, then, see you at the Chief's office in a few minutes, God and Miss Adelbloom willing."
He strolled off and headed straight for Freddy's room, knocking softly on the door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:09 am

"It's not just that, though Colin...Progenitors are Technocrats. They may both be good with the same ars as Verbena with different tools and methods but they are not just a group of technomancers. It goes beyond those trappings. Outside of that port, that Progenitor could have killed you. Anyway, I won't keep you. But I was concerned something could happen to you. I'm glad that it didn't. And I am glad that Mr Northwind will be okay."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:12 am

Friday:

Nothing to worry about, numerology and stuff. Really. He said with a smile.

Saturday:
Tane was happy, and enjoyed to see the new spirit of the house awake for him after taking a hot bath so he wouldn't get the flu.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:16 am

Adley:

He left, locking it behind him and headed to one of the more secure rooms in the chantry to make his call to Tyler. It was a sad day when he had to second guess the security measures in place but Bergen had been on his floor and they still hadn't had a chance to check them all over again, he realised with a frown.

There where not that many rooms in the Chantry that was completely secure other than perhaps the Node room, the private apartments had been checked but not intrusively so. You had some of the ritual rooms then and the tass storage but the tass storage you needed to get a token to enter, other than that if a room was completely secure it was because it's owner had made it so, there was wards on the Chantry itself, but not that was about it.

Colin:

He strolled off and headed straight for Freddy's room, knocking softly on the door.

There was a few moments then Freddy opened the door, then she flung her arms around Colin and hugged him.
"Colin thank heavens you are safe."
She said and for a moment she just seamed happy that you where alive then she took a step back and regarded you sternly.
"I am not completely sure what you have been up to Colin, however I know it is something. You, Adley, the new girl...Miss Larson and the Chief left and when just the three of them returned I feared the worst and then there have been rumors that someone tried to blow up the Umbra docks, what have you been up to Colin? Why did not you return with the others?"
The Virtual Adept said in a concerned tone of voice.
"I was just about to march down to the Chief's office and demand he tell me what was going on and where you where!"

Tane:

Friday:

"Numerology? As in finding your love number?"
Lily said and raised an eyebrow.
"Well sure I see no problem with that I guess but it are wired as shit, why are someone doing numerology on me?"

Saturday:

You tap yourself a hot bath to warm yourself up, there is a new feeling in the house, it just feels more alive. The bath water feel like a loved one's soft caress, the floor under your feet feel secure like if there is someone there who want to keep you safe, the windows look like eyes that glance as you with curiosity, everything feel like it have a purpose and a mind behind it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:21 am

// the council chambers are fairly secure, providing they are not being used, right? Otherwise I suppose he would stay in his own rooms.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:21 am

The council chambers are not being used so you can go and make the phone call there.

You go to the Council Chambers and find them empty, you get the large double doors closed behind you and call the number that Lenoe gave you. At first nothing happens, the phone rings and rings then after a long while the phone get picked up but all you hear is a woman's very soft grunt, and then nothing as the one who answered the phone clearly falls asleep again.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:31 am

He'd been rather prepared to launch into his spiel right off the bat - the second he heard her grunt, he tried but he swore he heard her fall back asleep. "Tyler!" he tried - and if it seemed that there will be no response, that the line cut out he will try to call her back again.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:11 am

You have to try to call the woman back three more times before she finally reply.
"Y...yes?"
You hear, she sounds like someone just coming out of heavy sedation for an operation, her voice slurred and barely audible.
"I...am awake...what do you want...?"
The woman managed to say in that slurred, far away voice that said that she was about to sink down into unconsciousness again at any moment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:59 am

Colin smiled wryly to Adley, "Oh, the good doctor WOULD have tried to kill me had we not been at the Umbral Port - she said so quite explicitly. But with accorded neutral ground, we spoke instead. And I appreciate the concern."

Colin smiled at Freddy and, once extricated from the hug, handed her the bouquet of roses, "Ah, it's a little complicated... I went along with the others to prevent a humongous fireball from being detonated at the Umbral Port. Obviously, one more plot of the Fallen we've thwarted. I stayed behind because the Chief needed to get a captive back for medical attention, while I had to get a wounded Verbena to urgent medical assistance at the docks. Had I not, a covenmate of Master Nassa and Miss Alexander would have died from brain injury. As it is, I asked to send someone back for me later... I, ah, managed to cajole some useful information from the Technocrats, too - they're not all bad people. Institutionally dangerous and committed to our eradication, yes, but not all bad. They were quite willing to share information with the aim of fighting the Nephandi."
He sighed, "I do wish, though, that I could get mobile reception in the docks - that would have made coordinating things a little easier."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:09 pm

Colin smiled at Freddy and, once extricated from the hug, handed her the bouquet of roses, "Ah, it's a little complicated... I went along with the others to prevent a humongous fireball from being detonated at the Umbral Port. Obviously, one more plot of the Fallen we've thwarted.

Freddy accepted the roses and took the wrapping paper of, she smelled the flowers and smiled a little at the neon green ribbon.
"So you are trying to bribe forgiveness are you Colin?"
She said with a smile then she got a more serious look in her eyes as you begin to explain what had happened.
"Why would Nephandi want to blow up the Umbra docks?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
"But at least you guys stopped it right? The docks are safe?"

I stayed behind because the Chief needed to get a captive back for medical attention, while I had to get a wounded Verbena to urgent medical assistance at the docks. Had I not, a covenmate of Master Nassa and Miss Alexander would have died from brain injury.

"Well it would have been a shame if one of the magi of the Tribunal had died, is he allright?"
Freddy asked.

As it is, I asked to send someone back for me later... I, ah, managed to cajole some useful information from the Technocrats, too - they're not all bad people. Institutionally dangerous and committed to our eradication, yes, but not all bad. They were quite willing to share information with the aim of fighting the Nephandi."

Freddy's eyes grew dark when you spoke about the Union.
"Tell me again that they are not all bad when you have been their captive and had your brain cut into for so called medical research."
She said anger in her eyes then she sigh.
"You have to be careful around the Union Colin they would not bad their eye at killing any of us or worse given half the chance for just the crime of having Awakened."
The young technomancer said and gave you a concerned look.

He sighed, "I do wish, though, that I could get mobile reception in the docks - that would have made coordinating things a little easier."

"A phone or at least a radio that can communicate between the Penumbra and the physical world could possibly be constructed, I would need the help of your Mr King though as while I can make the effect I can not tie it into a object and make a talisman out of it, I do not understand the base, primal nature of the Tellurian well enough for that."
Freddy said as she tapped her chin considering.
"However with his help I might be able to cook something up."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:29 pm

Colin smiled, "Of course I am trying to bribe you into forgiveness. Does it work?"
He sobered a bit, "I don't know why the Fallen wanted to blow up the docks - the most obvious guesses would be to deny both us and the Technocrats access to reinforcements from outside, while the Nephandi have less trouble bringing their goods in. That fireball, though... The Chief managed to start unraveling it, and I helped him vent a goodly portion of the Quintessence away to without him having to handle it personally... Disgusting stuff, too - what should have been a brightly shining shard of Prime energy appeared more as a pus-oozing, jagged hole in reality. But yes, the docks are safe, as is the mundane airport."
He grimaced, "Mister Northwind will be fine - and no, I'm under no delusions as to the Technocracy as a whole. Knowing that they have a few decent people does not make their organization all better - and I hope it makes you feel a little more reassured that I made damn well sure to scout the area before I sat down to get information from a Technocrat. I would have preferred having a bit of muscle to watch my back there, but at least that Void Engineer seems to be dealing straight."
He smirked wryly, "He would regret meeting me outside the Umbral Port as much as I would, I think... The doctor who saved Mr. Northwind's life, on the other hand, would have relished the opportunity to rid the streets of me. She even elaborated upon that - but she honours the Neutral Ground of the port."
He arched an eyebrow, "Not a bad idea... Come to think of it, I wonder if the Chief has some of those old sending stones he's so much more fond of than the modern mobile phones..."
He sighed and gave Freddy a quick peck on the cheek, "Ah, but I am sorry, I need to get back to the Chief. The forces of evil are persistent; thank Heavens they're not both lucky and competent, as well..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:06 pm

Colin smiled, "Of course I am trying to bribe you into forgiveness. Does it work?"

Freddy gave you a stern look then she cracked up in a smile.
"Well...yes it do work but I still do not like you putting yourself in harm's way."
She said and glanced at you.
"Just be more careful in the future ok?"

He sobered a bit, "I don't know why the Fallen wanted to blow up the docks - the most obvious guesses would be to deny both us and the Technocrats access to reinforcements from outside, while the Nephandi have less trouble bringing their goods in.

Freddy nodded.
"That do make sense, but killing over such a tactic are cold as hell."
She muttered angrily.

That fireball, though... The Chief managed to start unraveling it, and I helped him vent a goodly portion of the Quintessence away to without him having to handle it personally... Disgusting stuff, too - what should have been a brightly shining shard of Prime energy appeared more as a pus-oozing, jagged hole in reality. But yes, the docks are safe, as is the mundane airport."

"That is what Quintessence will be like when the Nephandi get their hands on it."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
"It is what they would do to all the world, make is just a pus filled oozing wasteland if they get their way...the airport was in danger to? Damn...that is horrible."
Freddy said then she sigh.
"I am not happy that you put yourself in danger Colin but I am proud of you for your part in keeping the Umbra port and and airport safe."
She said with a bit of a smile.

He grimaced, "Mister Northwind will be fine -

"Good to hear, I have met him a few times, he is a nice guy, a bit of an airhead but a nice guy."

and no, I'm under no delusions as to the Technocracy as a whole. Knowing that they have a few decent people does not make their organization all better - and I hope it makes you feel a little more reassured that I made damn well sure to scout the area before I sat down to get information from a Technocrat. I would have preferred having a bit of muscle to watch my back there, but at least that Void Engineer seems to be dealing straight."
He smirked wryly, "He would regret meeting me outside the Umbral Port as much as I would, I think...

"You sat down...with a Technocrat?"
Freddy gave you a angry look.
"A Technocrat, seriously Colin even if it was neutral grounds you can never trust them."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
"You do not know them as I do, when the Adepts left, well let us say they have focused allot of attention on taking us all out and while that was before my time, my mentor told me horror stories how how they would hunt us. Eight hunted Virtual Adepts left the Union, when we accepted Dr Spence's offer of amnesty and membership in the Traditions only two hundred was left. The Union can be vicious."
Freddy warned and she was clearly extremely concerned then she sigh.
"At least tell me you got some useful intel out of that risk you took."

The doctor who saved Mr. Northwind's life, on the other hand, would have relished the opportunity to rid the streets of me. She even elaborated upon that - but she honours the Neutral Ground of the port."

"A Progenitor I presume? I hate Progenitors, the only thing worse are the Iteration X."
Freddy said darkly.

He arched an eyebrow, "Not a bad idea... Come to think of it, I wonder if the Chief has some of those old sending stones he's so much more fond of than the modern mobile phones..."

"He might, but I would not have the first clue what to do with one."
The technomancer said and shook her head.
"You might be able to use them though, being a bit more mystical in your Paradigm than me."

He sighed and gave Freddy a quick peck on the cheek, "Ah, but I am sorry, I need to get back to the Chief. The forces of evil are persistent; thank Heavens they're not both lucky and competent, as well..."

Freddy gave a smirk at that remark.
"We would really be in trouble if Larson had brighter henchmen yes."
She commented then she gave you another hug.
"I am not going to keep you, but please stay safe Colin."
She said before she added.
"If you get yourself killed I will be very, very cross with you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24 ... 30  Next