Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

5 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 28 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Adley:

"Your windows are protection? Against what? If that beast had loosened in your room it would have been quite inconvenient to have those windows treated so...but they make good insurance against you running away before you made good. You can't really think they were protection, Bergen..."

"You may not have heard about it Roth Hicks, but there are these nifty inventions called doors, if I wanted to leave, my room or the Chantry, what do you think would be most likely? For me to climb out a second story window, or just walk out the front door."
Bergen said and gave Adley a level look.

"A better question is why did you let her order you around? Do all the important, integral work? Are you familiar with the term patsy?" He looked at him. "She must be quite powerful, stronger than you. Talented."

"I let her order me about to save my daughter that is the only reason! The only reason! She know some tricks but at the end of the day she is just a hedge wizard, she have not Awakened, she just know how to manipulate the backdoors of reality."
Bergen said his face turning red with anger.
"She is nothing!"

"Are you under a rote that if you speak or break this order, they will know you have told us something?" he asked. "If yes, blink three times."

"No I am not but there are information that it would at least be heavily suspected I was the one who gave if it is suddenly acted upon, and there is always magick when it comes to figure out who talked."
The Cultist said angrily.
"I just can not take that chance."

"She is a Nephandus that has gone through the caul, who is actively working with them. Her loyalty is to destroying the world, Bergen, not to your Tradition any longer. She is using that tie.

"I...well...but she is Hagalaz she can not have forgotten everything about who she is."
Ulv protested.

How can you say she has any honor when she is threatening your daughter with becoming a vampire? Why put your hopes on them and not those that actually give a shit about keeping your daughter's avatar from that horrid fate?

That seamed to give Bergen pause for a moment.
"I...always assumed there would be some loyalty to our Tradition left in her and that she would ensure that Liv was returned to me once I had completed my tasks..."
The Rune mage said.
"I have known her most of my life, she can't be the kind of monster most of the Nephandi is, she just can't."

I may not like you Bergen and I don't expect you to like me but I do care about keeping your daughter from being turned into a vampire. Flambeau are good friends and bad enemies - why bank on honor you think might be left in a Fallen Nephandi dedicated to her cause rather than us?

"The problem is that someone can be turned into a vampire so quickly, just in a few minutes, if I betray my handlers and they discover it, there might not be time to save Liv, I have to do what I have to so that she is safe, she is my only child. Damned it, if I had made Adept I would not have needed to send her away, I could have apprenticed her myself, but an Initiate are not allowed to take apprentices, only Adepts and higher are so I gave her to someone I thought would keep her safe, apparently I was wrong."
Ulv said angrily then he sigh.
"I just want my Liv to be safe."

Was she someone you knew before? Your mentor perhaps?" He waited a beat for any recognition or reaction, then added,

"No but she was a member of my mentor's Cabal, I have known her from the time I was taken as an apprentice when I was just a teenager."

"Is it your daughter's mother?"

Ulv looked away for a moment then he sigh.
"Yes..."
He muttered then he continued.
"There was never any relationship between us, there was a blot, a seasonal celebration if you will and we both had to much to drink, we really thought nothing of it at first since both of us where free we hurt no one by a bit of a drunken tumble, but then she told me she was with child but that she did not want it, that she would give birth and give the baby up for adoption, she would take apprentices not raise a child that might not even Awaken, I said I would take her though and I have cared for Liv ever since but when she Awakened a couple of years ago I had to find a mentor for her and since the Order of Hermes are the Tradition with the most experience with child mages I found an Hermetic mentor for her, apparently that was a mistake."

Colin:

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Better safe than sorry, true."

Sebastian nodded at that.
"Usually yes, at least when being save is as cheap as being a bit cautious and asking for permission before going near the silverware."
He said with a smile.

He grinned, "I don't pretend to understand that aspect of magic at all... Anything without senses or thoughts, yes, but living creatures or spirits? I'm as capable as the average Sleeper. I guess the Ghostbusters were a poor comparison if your procedure is more along the lines of catch and release

"It is more that this is not a profession for Connie and me, I teach art and music at a high school near the Chantry I live in, and well study magick and help my Chantry defend itself against the other factions, just what any other Tradition mage would do and Connie well...she teach me. Your little problem here is not exactly common Mr Wainwright, it is the first time we are doing this but Cita thought that Connie might be able to communicate with the Avatar so she asked for our help."
The Cultist explained.

I don't suppose you could add some way to track the Avatar for its eventual reincarnation, though?"

"Do you want to mark an angry, confused Fallen Primordial lost without his host?"
Connie asked.
"Also why should I even attempt to do something like that? So your Traditions can again destroy what you do not understand?"
She asked sharply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7 - Page 28 Empty Re: June in Autumn, Sinister Plans and Chicago IC Thread 7

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:12 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Arts teacher, is it? A noble profession; I'm a craftsman, myself, running a small silver smithy around the corner. And I can believe this is a rare situation; I'd never even heard this was possible... then again, there seems to be a lot of that going around this week."
He raised his hands in surrender at Connie's response, "By your response, no, I suppose I do not want to do that at all. Like I said, I do not understand spirits as you do, which is why I ask such seemingly stupid questions. As for why... no, I would not want it destroyed. In fact, we may be on the precipice of something wonderful; a way to undo the damage the Nephandi do to their Avatars; to bring the Fallen back to the light, as it were."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:46 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Arts teacher, is it? A noble profession; I'm a craftsman, myself, running a small silver smithy around the corner. And I can believe this is a rare situation; I'd never even heard this was possible... then again, there seems to be a lot of that going around this week."

"A silversmith I see, for me I am best with pottery but I think that one of the ways we can fight back against the Union's brainwashing is getting the young to practice art, it is hard to see the world as cold and sterile, if one can paint a beautiful rose garden just from memory, or create a beautiful vase from a lump of clay."
Sebastian said and smiled.
"And I do believe everything is possible Mr Wainwright."

He raised his hands in surrender at Connie's response, "By your response, no, I suppose I do not want to do that at all. Like I said, I do not understand spirits as you do, which is why I ask such seemingly stupid questions. As for why... no, I would not want it destroyed. In fact, we may be on the precipice of something wonderful; a way to undo the damage the Nephandi do to their Avatars; to bring the Fallen back to the light, as it were."

"If you can find such a way then you might be getting further down the universal path towards enlightenment sooner than expected."
Connie said and raised an eyebrow.
"It would please me if that was the case, however if I in some way mark this Avatar, how will I know it is for such a noble task it will later be found? There can be centuries or even more before he again will be ready to incarnate, time as you know it after all is just an illusion."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:38 pm

Colin shrugged, "Alas, I will not be the one to find that path... However, I have cabalmates and friends who are making those efforts, and there's one who allegedly was cleansed before... well, the less said the better."
He sighed, "And you are quite right; it would be impossible, I suppose, to predict where and when that Avatar would choose to reincarnate; it might come back sometime last year, even..."
He gave a wry grin, "An illusion, though... Don't I know it; I keep remembering conversations I'll be having in twenty years, and snippets of experiences from the interim. I'm not sure which bothers me more; the grammatical problems, or not knowing when the Paradox will hit..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:25 pm

Colin shrugged, "Alas, I will not be the one to find that path... However, I have cabalmates and friends who are making those efforts, and there's one who allegedly was cleansed before... well, the less said the better."

"Well I wish your Cabalmates luck in their endeavor then."
Connie said and gave a slight smile.
"Yes such efforts should probably be kept secret, as there are many who would be threatened if they should succeed and as such would want to stop those who are making such valiant efforts."
She continued.

He sighed, "And you are quite right; it would be impossible, I suppose, to predict where and when that Avatar would choose to reincarnate; it might come back sometime last year, even..."

"Difficult but not impossible but yes, unless you have the ability to predict when the Avatar would reincarnate and also the power to be sure you where alive to protect it at that time, past or present, well then it would be unwise of me to put any kind of marker on that lost Avatar, even if it should prove that I am able to do so."
The blond woman said.

He gave a wry grin, "An illusion, though... Don't I know it; I keep remembering conversations I'll be having in twenty years, and snippets of experiences from the interim. I'm not sure which bothers me more; the grammatical problems, or not knowing when the Paradox will hit..."

"Ah yes Paradox, such a bothersome thing."
Connie said and sigh.
"Perhaps you are bothered because your mind still exist in a linear plane, you still see time as a progression rather than just something that is."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:19 pm

Colin shook his head and smiled, "It's not that which bothers me... I've watched enough Doctor Who over the years to wrap my head around time travel. It's just trying to express it verbally that's proving a living nightmare, figuratively speaking. The Queen's English was, unfortunately, not designed with non-linear, non-subjective viewpoints to the wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey ball in mind."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:28 pm

"You may not have heard about it Roth Hicks, but there are these nifty inventions called doors, if I wanted to leave, my room or the Chantry, what do you think would be most likely? For me to climb out a second story window, or just walk out the front door."

Adley gave a glance around him and then looked back at him. "It doesn't seem to have done you much good, did it, your front door? Pray tell then, what did she say she was protecting you from?"

"I let her order me about to save my daughter that is the only reason! The only reason! She know some tricks but at the end of the day she is just a hedge wizard, she have not Awakened, she just know how to manipulate the backdoors of reality." Bergen said his face turning red with anger. "She is nothing!"

"Her tricks put her one step up from you though. Surely you don't care about a hedge wizard, not one who ordered you around. So who is it?"

"No I am not but there are information that it would at least be heavily suspected I was the one who gave if it is suddenly acted upon, and there is always magick when it comes to figure out who talked." The Cultist said angrily. "I just can not take that chance."

"You can't afford not to, Bergen. Heavy suspicion or not, there is the fact you will not complete your mission. What do you think will happen to Liv then? She will not just be handed back over, will she?"

"I...always assumed there would be some loyalty to our Tradition left in her and that she would ensure that Liv was returned to me once I had completed my tasks..." The Rune mage said. "I have known her most of my life, she can't be the kind of monster most of the Nephandi is, she just can't."

"Your logic is flawed. Your assumption is not correct. They will use her to get what they can out of whomever they are dealing with. Regardless if you complete your end or not. This woman is no longer beholden to your Tradition. I will tell you a cautionary tale then, because I too want your Liv saved. I started this week with seeing the aftermath of a child sacrifice. A boy of no more than seven, an apprentice, sacrificed in a foul rite. It did not improve from there. I have seen these Nephandi twist their own blood relations, torture their loved ones, use them in the most disgusting ways to fulfill their plans. These are Nephandi that even -other- Nephandi do not want to deal with. Your Liv is with them. Even assuming  that whatever deal they have made falls through somehow, do you really think that her mother will let Liv cast aside the Nephandi and go on her way with you?"

"The problem is that someone can be turned into a vampire so quickly, just in a few minutes, if I betray my handlers and they discover it, there might not be time to save Liv, I have to do what I have to so that she is safe, she is my only child.

"You are wasting the time there is right now. What do you think will happen when night falls? What do you think they've been doing all this time?"

"...I have cared for Liv ever since but when she Awakened a couple of years ago I had to find a mentor for her and since the Order of Hermes are the Tradition with the most experience with child mages I found an Hermetic mentor for her, apparently that was a mistake

Adley frowned. There it was again, that mention of something going on in Jerbiton. And there it was, that it was her mother. What the hell...first Hannah's mother, that woman and now this. "Your child's mother did not care about her until she became a useful tool, Bergen. A bargaining chip. I don't know what is going on with her mentor, if you told us more that might be helpful in finding out what happened but the fact remains: you do care about her. And they are using that, and your tradition ties to get you to dance. You want power and you want to be respected then make a respectable and powerful choice, at least once today. Do not to dance someone else's tune - look at the people who are using you. Do you want to wake up tomorrow to know that your daughter became a vampire because you waited? Because you trusted a Nephandus to turn her over when she was done using you both? I don't. Open your ears and your eyes. I want to save your daughter. The light of day is waning but there is still time to save her."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:54 pm

Colin:

"Then learn another language that can express it better."
Connie said and shrugged.
"Most human languages are primitive, but there are a few that have value and which can express complex concepts at least somewhat easier."

Adley:

Adley gave a glance around him and then looked back at him. "It doesn't seem to have done you much good, did it, your front door? Pray tell then, what did she say she was protecting you from?"

"Would my windows not being warded have prevented that bastard Orphan from hitting me with his bloody gun?"
Bergen said.
"He did not say what she was protecting me from, but something nasty is coming so I assumed He had her reasons, the one who protected my windows what not that stupid little hedge wizard."

"Her tricks put her one step up from you though. Surely you don't care about a hedge wizard, not one who ordered you around. So who is it?"

"I do not care about the hedge wizard bitch, I do not care about any of them, I do however care about my daughter and as long as they have her I am not going to risk her safety by talking."
Ulv spat at you.
"And no she is not any steps ahead of me, she is just a hedge wizard, she is nothing."

"You can't afford not to, Bergen. Heavy suspicion or not, there is the fact you will not complete your mission. What do you think will happen to Liv then? She will not just be handed back over, will she?"

"But I did all I could."
Bergen protested.
"I did all I could to complete the tasks set before me, surly that bitch Abigail will see that!"

"Your logic is flawed. Your assumption is not correct. They will use her to get what they can out of whomever they are dealing with. Regardless if you complete your end or not. This woman is no longer beholden to your Tradition.

"But she is Hagalaz...surly the Caul can not have changed her that much."
The Cultist protested.
"I know her she...would never..."
He said but he did not sound as sure anymore.

I will tell you a cautionary tale then, because I too want your Liv saved. I started this week with seeing the aftermath of a child sacrifice. A boy of no more than seven, an apprentice, sacrificed in a foul rite. It did not improve from there. I have seen these Nephandi twist their own blood relations, torture their loved ones, use them in the most disgusting ways to fulfill their plans. These are Nephandi that even -other- Nephandi do not want to deal with. Your Liv is with them. Even assuming that whatever deal they have made falls through somehow, do you really think that her mother will let Liv cast aside the Nephandi and go on her way with you?"

Ulv Bergen was silent for a moment then he sigh.
"I know the Nephandi are horrible and brutal, but sacrificing their own apprentices?"
He asked.
"But Liv's mother have never shown any interest in her daughter what so ever, why would she not want her returned to me when all this is over? What possible use could they have of a ten year old girl? She is just a child."

"You are wasting the time there is right now. What do you think will happen when night falls? What do you think they've been doing all this time?"

"But...but...I have done, or at least tried to do, everything they have asked of me."
Ulv Bergen protested.
"I have to have hope that is enough to keep Liv safe...I have nothing else."

"Your child's mother did not care about her until she became a useful tool, Bergen. A bargaining chip. I don't know what is going on with her mentor, if you told us more that might be helpful in finding out what happened but the fact remains: you do care about her. And they are using that, and your tradition ties to get you to dance.

"I do not know what is going on with the Janissary, but it is something, there is this air of secrecy when I visit my daughter and she tell me her mentor have secret meetings and whispers about the Euthanatos or some subgroup of them anyway, I do not know much more than that but something is wrong in that House, that I do know."
Ulv Bergen said and Jeffry frowned.
"Liv's mother do not care about her and I know the Nephandi use my love for her to manipulate me, I know that but my cooperation is my child's only hope."
The Cultist said desperately.

You want power and you want to be respected then make a respectable and powerful choice, at least once today. Do not to dance someone else's tune - look at the people who are using you. Do you want to wake up tomorrow to know that your daughter became a vampire because you waited? Because you trusted a Nephandus to turn her over when she was done using you both? I don't. Open your ears and your eyes. I want to save your daughter. The light of day is waning but there is still time to save her."

Bergen hesitated he looked away and said nothing for a long while then he sigh.
"Fine..."
He hissed then he repeated a bit softer.
"Fine...what do you want to know? However if I am going to spill what I know you have to be ready to do whatever it takes to rescue Liv for if Abigail find out I have talked I have no doubt she will make good on her threat."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:34 am

Colin smiled, stepping into the basement, "Well, miss, if you can recommend a tutor and a language suited for expressing the peculiarities of fluid, nonlinear time, I'm all ears... Now, welcome to the cellars; if you would kindly wait here, I'll see if I can detach the Chief from his interrogation."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:51 am

"He did not say what she was protecting me from, but something nasty is coming so I assumed He had her reasons, the one who protected my windows what not that stupid little hedge wizard."

There they were...so it was going to be an attack against the chantry. Not unexpected, considering that they probably knew they had both Hannah and Kyle. Something nasty...just what they didn't need.

"But I did all I could." Bergen protested. "I did all I could to complete the tasks set before me, surly that bitch Abigail will see that!"

Adey did not need to say anything; he just looked at him. They both knew what would happen, he was still clinging to his denial but it was eroding slowly.

"But she is Hagalaz...surly the Caul can not have changed her that much." The Cultist protested. "I know her she...would never..." He said but he did not sound as sure anymore.

"The caul does change one, their very avatar...to the point where they still carry that into their next life. But even so, to get to the point where such is undertaken, means that something happened. She stepped through it, did you know she would do such a thing?"

"I know the Nephandi are horrible and brutal, but sacrificing their own apprentices?" He asked. "But Liv's mother have never shown any interest in her daughter what so ever, why would she not want her returned to me when all this is over? What possible use could they have of a ten year old girl? She is just a child."

"Their own apprentices, their own blood." He looked at him and then replied, "She is awakened now, she can be used, brought up to go through the caul or for some other purpose. And if not, she is now known leverage over you. What is given and taken can be given and taken away again."

"But...but...I have done, or at least tried to do, everything they have asked of me." Ulv Bergen protested. "I have to have hope that is enough to keep Liv safe...I have nothing else."

"Why do you give your hope freely to those that seek to use it to control you, and others?"

I do not know what is going on with the Janissary, but it is something, there is this air of secrecy when I visit my daughter and she tell me her mentor have secret meetings and whispers about the Euthanatos or some subgroup of them anyway, I do not know much more than that but something is wrong in that House, that I do know."

Adley made the mental correction and added to his confusion over how the Euthanatos were involved before pushing it aside for the moment. It was troubling but they had about five other things that were immediately worse going on.

"Fine...what do you want to know? However if I am going to spill what I know you have to be ready to do whatever it takes to rescue Liv for if Abigail find out I have talked I have no doubt she will make good on her threat."

Adley knew that it was not just a threat at all even if Bergen still clung to the notion. "We want to rescue your daughter, Bergen. But to do that we need to know what you told them, who you worked with, and what they are planning. What else did you do for them?  Who is the hedge wizard and this 'he' you spoke of that put the protections on your windows? When is the attack on the chantry going to happen? Who is Liv's mother working with, that we will need to watch out for as we maneuver?" he began.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:09 am

Colin:

"I can not, it seams the Order of Hermes guard that secret jealously, but Enochian can express nonlinear time well."
Connie said. Sebastian nodded.
"We will wait here then."
He said and stopped, putting a hand on Connie's small shoulder.

Adley:

Adey did not need to say anything; he just looked at him. They both knew what would happen, he was still clinging to his denial but it was eroding slowly.

Ulv Bergen just looks at you he desperately wanted to believe that is daughter would be alright regardless, she had to be, but slowly that belief was beginning to crack.

"The caul does change one, their very avatar...to the point where they still carry that into their next life. But even so, to get to the point where such is undertaken, means that something happened. She stepped through it, did you know she would do such a thing?"

"No, I did not know she would do such a thing."
Ulv admitted, he sigh and shook his head.
"But she was a friend once and that have to count for something regardless of what she have done and not all Fallen are evil? I mean what about that Verbena bitch in your Cabal she went through the Cauls in a former life did she not? And I have never see her be cruel and if one Fallen can keep their words and be relatively decent why not another?"
He said clinging onto the hope that his child was safe, though that hope seamed slimmer by the minute.

"Their own apprentices, their own blood." He looked at him and then replied, "She is awakened now, she can be used, brought up to go through the caul or for some other purpose. And if not, she is now known leverage over you. What is given and taken can be given and taken away again."

"I will not let her make Liv a Nephandus!"
Bergen yelled.
"And who would kill their own apprentice, or blood relatives?"
He asked and sigh.
"But if I get her back I can make sure she is not taken again, I can protect her, I can find some way to protect her."

"Why do you give your hope freely to those that seek to use it to control you, and others?"

"Because it is the only hope I have."
Ulv Bergen said softly.

Adley knew that it was not just a threat at all even if Bergen still clung to the notion. "We want to rescue your daughter, Bergen. But to do that we need to know what you told them, who you worked with, and what they are planning. What else did you do for them?

"I told them everything I know about this Chantry, the names and appearances of members, their Traditions and what I know about their Paradigms, who our leaders are. I drew up maps of the Chantry and marked of vital areas and told them what I know about the other Chantries in the city, which is not much. The one I work with call herself Abigail, and she sign her emails with AG so Abigail G I know nothing about her other than that she is a brutal bitch, she and the Hagalaz, my old friend Solveig Brønnerud where my handlers but there where others I heard in the background when speaking with them on the phone. I spied for them but found out little, once I broke into Alexander's apartment and went through her things, but other than finding that she have the most boring taste in underwear ever I found out little...well there where those creepy paintings, I put a few of Alexander's hairs in a envelope and send to them...other that that I was not asked to do anything before now."
Ulv said and Jeffry glared at him at that, it was not good news, he said nothing right now though that you had just got him talking.

Who is the hedge wizard and this 'he' you spoke of that put the protections on your windows?

"She gave the name Elisabeth Tarell, she is not a Nephandus, she is a unaffiliated hedge wizard that sells her services to the highest bidder, no matter who that might be, us, them, the bloody Society of Leopold, whoever can pay her own her for a while, just like with a whore. The man gave me no name, but he is powerful. He is tall and handsome with dark hair and eyes you would think very dark brown at first but when you get closer you realize they are stormy gray, his most notable feature though is a thick Italian accent, and that is all I know about him, he brought the Island create here, that is all I know about him I swear."

When is the attack on the chantry going to happen?

"I do not know, but I am pretty sure it is soon."

Who is Liv's mother working with, that we will need to watch out for as we maneuver?" he began.

"I do not know, I only know Solveig and Abigail, however I have heard her mention a Larson in the background and there is some conflict between Abigail and Larson, apparently Larson want to sacrifice one of Abegail's widderslaintes, and Abigail is denying her or some such such, she complains that Larson have no widderslaites in her Labyrinth, and she is demanding to know what have happened to them all...but this is just things I have picked up in the background it is not like they are telling me anything."
Bergen said and sigh.
"That is all I know."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:42 am

"No, I did not know she would do such a thing." Ulv admitted, he sigh and shook his head. "But she was a friend once and that have to count for something regardless of what she have done and not all Fallen are evil? I mean what about that Verbena bitch in your Cabal she went through the Cauls in a former life did she not? And I have never see her be cruel and if one Fallen can keep their words and be relatively decent why not another?"

"These are Nephandi that other Nephandi don't want to deal with," he repeated, slower, schooling his temper. Calling Beatrice a bitch was not winning Ulv any favours but he had to cultivate a slow revenge, not a fast one, not when he'd just begun to speak to him. "One of them sacrificed their own apprentice, a child. Beatrice has not been through the caul in this life, nor is she dealing with those that your 'friend' is dealing with as we speak. If you should like to compare them, would Beatrice offer up your daughter's avatar and life as a safeguard for your behaviour on their behalf?"

I will not let her make Liv a Nephandus!" Bergen yelled. "And who would kill their own apprentice, or blood relatives?" He asked and sigh. "But if I get her back I can make sure she is not taken again, I can protect her, I can find some way to protect her."

"These Nephandi have done just that and worse, far worse. When they are done using you both, if you do not align with their cause, or even if you do, you will just be used again until there is no use for you left unless we stop them. Let us help you protect her, now before it is too late."

"I told them everything I know about this Chantry...I put a few of Alexander's hairs in a envelope and send to them...other that that I was not asked to do anything before now."

Slow revenge...he would be tried for all of these crimes...all of them....he felt his hands curl as rage built, how could he do this to all of them, to Beatrice...betray them all. Why hadn't he asked for their help, instead of this? They were going to have to check Beatrice, as soon as they could before the attack. They were going to do something to her, try to get her, perhaps Kyle and Hannah, harm them all and he would not let them. He could sense the displeasure of his mentor, but he didn't say anything. So he asked, "Who did you mail it to? And to where?"

"She gave the name Elisabeth Tarell, she is not a Nephandus...his most notable feature though is a thick Italian accent, and that is all I know about him, he brought the Island create here, that is all I know about him I swear.

"Where is Elizabeth Tarrell now? Was she ever in the chantry? Is she still here? What does she look like? This Society of Leopold...where are they?" The confirmation about the man with the accent bringing the creature...and the spell traces, he hoped that his pater had gotten them. He was glad that this Tarell wasn't someone in their chantry at least, but they had still gotten their work done from afar. Troubling, considering the skill level of those that made them. And then there was the Society of Leopold...

"I do not know, but I am pretty sure it is soon."

"How did they get through the wards? Soon...today soon? Tomorrow soon? Will it be Abigail's plan?"

"I do not know, I only know Solveig and Abigail, however I have heard her mention a Larson in the background and there is some conflict between Abigail and Larson, apparently Larson want to sacrifice one of Abegail's widderslaintes, and Abigail is denying her or some such such, she complains that Larson have no widderslaites in her Labyrinth, and she is demanding to know what have happened to them all...but this is just things I have picked up in the background it is not like they are telling me anything."

"Where are Abigail and Solveig now? When did you start working with the Nephandi?" He paused, then thought about what they needed to get Liv out of there alive. "Tell me what you can about your daughter, Bergen...about her mother. So we can get her out of this mess."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:12 am

"These are Nephandi that other Nephandi don't want to deal with," he repeated, slower, schooling his temper. Calling Beatrice a bitch was not winning Ulv any favours but he had to cultivate a slow revenge, not a fast one, not when he'd just begun to speak to him. "One of them sacrificed their own apprentice, a child. Beatrice has not been through the caul in this life, nor is she dealing with those that your 'friend' is dealing with as we speak. If you should like to compare them, would Beatrice offer up your daughter's avatar and life as a safeguard for your behaviour on their behalf?"

"Well no, I suppose she would not do that but still, are not Nephandi generally one group? A Fallen is a Fallen right?"
Ulv Bergen asked and shrugged.

"These Nephandi have done just that and worse, far worse. When they are done using you both, if you do not align with their cause, or even if you do, you will just be used again until there is no use for you left unless we stop them. Let us help you protect her, now before it is too late."

Ulv sigh she said nothing for a while, it was hard for him to accept that what he was doing was not helping to keep his child safe from harm.
"I do not even know that much."
He muttered.
"But are you sure you can get Liv out of their hands?"

"Who did you mail it to? And to where?"

"A PO box in Boston, I was told to mail it to Larson but no first name was given, it was at River park post office, box 307."

"Where is Elizabeth Tarrell now?

"I have no idea."

Was she ever in the chantry? Is she still here?

"Yes she was here but I seriously doubt that she is here now."

What does she look like?

"She is tall and very thin, I mean not slender, grunt, she have short steel gray hair and appear to be in her 40's, she is pretty in a way with a sharp nose, thin lip and large blue eyes, she favors expensive business suits the times I have seen her."

This Society of Leopold...where are they?"

"How the hell should I know? Ask the fucking Pope or something. It is not like I usually associate with those that like to burn mages alive or whatever the Inquisition are into these days."
Ulv Bergen said and raised an eyebrow.

"How did they get through the wards? Soon...today soon? Tomorrow soon? Will it be Abigail's plan?"

"I know that in movies villains have this tendency to monologue and tell their evil plan to everyone that will listen but these Nephandi really did not tell me more than I needed to know so I do not know."
Ulv said and sigh as if he thought your questions where incredibly stupid.

"Where are Abigail and Solveig now?

"Solveig is in Boston, that is all I know."

When did you start working with the Nephandi?

"Three weeks ago when Liv was taken."

He paused, then thought about what they needed to get Liv out of there alive. "Tell me what you can about your daughter, Bergen...about her mother. So we can get her out of this mess."

"Liv is a darling, smart and studious, sweet natured. She is ten but a little tall for her age so she might be taken for twelve, she have light brown hair that is jaw length with bangs, dark blue eyes and fair skinned, she is just a little on the plump side, she like to eat that one and she have a sweet thought. She likes dolls and toys more than the electronic gadgets that so many children play with these days."
Ulv said fondly.
"She is a little Hermetic so her Paradigm you should know, she only use sensory magick yet though as far as I know."
He explained.
"Solveig though she what can I say about her, she is beautiful, tall, long blond hair, sky blue eyes, plump lips and stern features. She looks to be in her thirties somewhere but she is far older, how old I do not know. She is a Master of the Art but like all of my Tradition we rely on rune carving and magickal trances our Paradigm can be slow."
Ulv said and grimaced as if it pained him to admit that fact."
"She is a good trap maker, whatever she lives it will be hell to get in to say it like that...oh and she likes boys, late teenage collage kids like boys and she usually have some boy toy around that have caught her eye at the moment, though she soon tire of them and move on to someone else."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:42 am

"Well no, I suppose she would not do that but still, are not Nephandi generally one group? A Fallen is a Fallen right?" Ulv Bergen asked and shrugged.

"Are any of us one composite group? But think about it, what she's doing to your daughter. Even as a threat, it is cruel."

"I do not even know that much." He muttered. "But are you sure you can get Liv out of their hands?"

"We can only try, Bergen. And we have one thing they don't have, an actual desire for your daughter to survive this, with her avatar intact."

"She is tall and very thin, I mean not slender, grunt, she have short steel gray hair and appear to be in her 40's, she is pretty in a way with a sharp nose, thin lip and large blue eyes, she favors expensive business suits the times I have seen her."

He frowned to himself at the description, again picking out who it might be, if he had seen this person before.

"How the hell should I know? Ask the fucking Pope or something. It is not like I usually associate with those that like to burn mages alive or whatever the Inquisition are into these days." Ulv Bergen said and raised an eyebrow.

He wondered if these were the Hunters Abigail had taken out for the vampires, or some other group. He rubbed a finger against the side of his nose and listened to the rest of his information. He wondered if anyone had seen his ex-lover at BU, or around the campus. It was bad news, all of it. He looked over at his mentor to see if he had anything to add or ask, as he tried to put together what Bergen had told them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:25 am

Colin nodded and strolled in toward the makeshift cell where Ulv was held, glancing around warily. "Well, if Enochian is the language of choice, I might be able to persuade someone..."

((OOC: About when am I relative to Adley now?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:45 am

Adley:

"Are any of us one composite group? But think about it, what she's doing to your daughter. Even as a threat, it is cruel."

"Yes...threatening the Avatar of a child is...cruel."
Ulv Bergen said angrily.
"And I guess you are right that the Nephandi might not be just one group."
The finally admitted and sigh.

"We can only try, Bergen. And we have one thing they don't have, an actual desire for your daughter to survive this, with her avatar intact."

The Cultist looked away then he said softly.
"And what if you fail, and she is turned, she will then have to live out the centuries like that, like some freak of nature, her Avatar shattered...you can not let that happen!"
He said almost pleadingly.

He frowned to himself at the description, again picking out who it might be, if he had seen this person before.

You can not think of anyone of the top of your head. There was an old hedge wizard running an occult book store in town, but she looked close to sixty, she did have short gray hair though, other than that none of the hedge wizards you know of in Boston matched that description, though there where probably quite a few you have never laid eyes on.

He looked over at his mentor to see if he had anything to add or ask, as he tried to put together what Bergen had told them.

Your mentor nods to himself then he asks.
"Mr Bergen do you know anything about any wards that the Nephandi of either Boston or Chicago use?"
Ulv shook his head.
"No but if my old friend have been involved with their security there will be traps."
He said. Jeffry nodded.
"Thank you Mr Bergen."
He said then he turned to you.
"I can not think of any other questions to ask right now, can you mea filius?"
He asked.

Colin:

"Good luck with that, Hermetics are known for being very fond of sharing their occult secrets, sharing is caring is their motto!"
Connie called after you.

You walk down the corridor you see Freddy outside Lady Ceris's door, she smiles to you warmly. One of the Euthanatoi, the dark skinned gentleman you had been on one mission with but that you did not know very well, Jerome stood guard outside of Diego's door and the near by door that lead to the room Ulv Bergen was kept in, he gave you a light nod. You hear Adley and the Chief's voices from inside of Ulv Bergen's cell.

(OOC: I think they are about at the same time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:03 am

Colin smiled and waved to Freddy, strolling on to the makeshift cells, and nodded back to Jerome, "Ah, I hear the Chief and Mr. Roth Hicks are in with Mr. Bergen? Good... I need a word."
He knocked on the door, "Any progress, Sirs? I need a word; I've remembered some more details which are pertinent to Chicago..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:39 am

The Euthanatos nods.
"Yes the two Hermetics went in a little while ago."
He confirmed.

You knock on the door and Jeffry give his apprentice a look to tell him to ask Bergen whatever else he had on his mind then he went to open the door and peeked outside at Colin.
"Mr Wainwright? Do you need anything?"
The Hermetic asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:40 am

Colin nodded and leaned in, lowering his voice, "The pendulum is done, Sir, and while I was working, I had another vision of things to come... Deaconess Mara can confirm as much. It would seem the Tremere have set up wards in the apartment, but I... remembered reminiscing about someone who helped break them; a Union renegade. I asked Miss Adlebloom to help try to track the cyborg down. There's more to the vision, but a bit too complicated to discuss here."
He looked over Morgan's shoulder at the obstreperous captive, "Say, have you told him that his daughter has already been promised to that Nicolai boy?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:45 pm

Colin nodded and leaned in, lowering his voice, "The pendulum is done, Sir, and while I was working, I had another vision of things to come... Deaconess Mara can confirm as much. It would seem the Tremere have set up wards in the apartment, but I... remembered reminiscing about someone who helped break them; a Union renegade. I asked Miss Adlebloom to help try to track the cyborg down. There's more to the vision, but a bit too complicated to discuss here."

Jeffry got a concerned look in his eyes then he nodded.
"Very well we are finishing up in here, I will be right out."
He said then he turned to Adley.
"Finish asking the questions you feel are needed mea filius I will be waiting right outside. I can not think of anything else to ask Mr Bergen right now though."
He said then he left the room and closed the door behind him.
"Another vision you say Mr Wainwright? And a Technocracy cyborg? This is getting more and more complicated."
The old Hermetic did not sound please.
"Well let us wait for my student and then discuss this in my office."

He looked over Morgan's shoulder at the obstreperous captive, "Say, have you told him that his daughter has already been promised to that Nicolai boy?"

"No we have not, however it seams that Adley have begun to convince Mr Bergen that the Nephandi can not be trusted to keep their word, he have been more cooperative now, however what he seams to know might be limited."
The old Hermetic whispered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Colin nodded, "I believe 'complicated' is an understatement. On another note, Mr. Norris and Connie are at the stairwell, hoping to speak with you - they require someplace secure for him to meditate while they evict the, hm, uninvited guest. I recommended sitting outside the Node chamber, as that location is out of the way and guarded, but they wanted - reasonably enough - to ask permission before getting too close to our Node. Oh, and has Mrs. von Hess come down yet? I let her know you were here when I delivered the pendulum. She seems far too timid to speak up to us, the poor dear."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:13 pm

Colin nodded, "I believe 'complicated' is an understatement.

"Well that have been the theme of this entire week."
Jeffry said with a tired sigh.

On another note, Mr. Norris and Connie are at the stairwell, hoping to speak with you - they require someplace secure for him to meditate while they evict the, hm, uninvited guest. I recommended sitting outside the Node chamber, as that location is out of the way and guarded, but they wanted - reasonably enough - to ask permission before getting too close to our Node.

"No I do not want them near the Node, not outside it either."
The old Hermetic said.
"I do not know them and this is not the time to start being trusting, I will speak with them and find somewhere else safe for Mr Norris to meditate."

Oh, and has Mrs. von Hess come down yet? I let her know you were here when I delivered the pendulum. She seems far too timid to speak up to us, the poor dear."

"She is probably waiting at the office then, she have not been down here, which in itself is good as I generally do not like disturbances during an interrogations, I will speak with her once I get back to the office."
Jeffry said then he got a angry look in his eyes and nodded.
"She was not well treated at the Chantry she lived at earlier, they taught her that Awakened magi should be feared, I hope though that in time she can unlearn that."
He said then he added.
"She is a sweet woman once you get to know her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Colin nodded, "Very well; might I instead suggest the attic? I rather do believe somewhere secluded would be best. Preferably somewhere guarded."
He scratched his cheek, "You're probably right; I did tell her you would likely be here, but she doesn't seem the type to seek people out to interrupt them. In fact, she attempted to stick her request for the pendulum under my door. Which would have made things a little more complicated, since the job required her beloved old silver spoon... She is sweet, but so much like a frightened rabbit."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Colin nodded, "Very well; might I instead suggest the attic? I rather do believe somewhere secluded would be best. Preferably somewhere guarded."

"Hum...yes that would work for me, we will have to ask Mr Norris what he thinks of that suggestion but it should work and we do have a guard up there anyway to keep and eye on the Danbrocks."

He scratched his cheek, "You're probably right; I did tell her you would likely be here, but she doesn't seem the type to seek people out to interrupt them. In fact, she attempted to stick her request for the pendulum under my door. Which would have made things a little more complicated, since the job required her beloved old silver spoon...

"It is good you found her then and got the details for the pendulum from her directly, hopefully she can be able to get us at least some more information on the Nephandi."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"And no she is not the type to come rushing into a room and interrupt someone Mr Wainwright."

She is sweet, but so much like a frightened rabbit."

"It tend to happen when people are treated like she and her husband was Mr Wainwright, far to many magi have a horribly arrogant opinion on linear mages."
He said still sounding angry around it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:29 pm

Colin nodded and aimed a hairy eyeball towards Ulv's cell door, "Quite... it's outright shameful, is what it is. Hell, in their way, Linear Magi can do more with less than Awakened Magi, even."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next