Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

5 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:26 pm

Colin chuckled softly, "Touché. The Traditions have, perhaps, the ideal closest to my heart. But that doesn't mean every Traditionalist is a good person, as our ideals count them. We have our backstabbing schemers, just as you do. But then, you have your kind-hearted members, just like us. Not every widderslainte is cruel and murderous; not everyone who has been through a Caul is a twisted misanthrope. It would seem such qualities are inherent to the person more than the Avatar, perhaps..."

"Or perhaps Mr Wainwright every Avatar is different and inverted or not just like every person is and that the meeting between that soul and it's host create individuals, not just members of this faction or that."
Jodelle said then she nodded.
"But yes we have kind members though their spirits are often crushed by the rest of our organization as I shall be honest the Nephandi is brutal, though I do believe our cause is just."
Jodelle said and offered a little, proud smile.

He nodded to the guard, "An honourable Tradition. Well, good watch, and may Fate favour you."

"Thank you Sir, may fate favor you as well."
The guard said before he returned to his duty, he was not a man of many words and there was something faraway in his ice blue eyes.

He arched an eyebrow, "I'll avoid the corner one, then. Thank you."

"Good choice, the benefits of awakening the spirits of computers are many but they will develop their own personalities, and those personalities are not always the most friendly."
Hans said and smiles.
"Though some of them are quite loving like Berta here, she is my favorite."
He said and bent down to pat one of the computers fondly as if it where a dog.

He ran water over his face and neck. Then he looked to see if it was a good place to destroy and burn any stray notes and his clothing bits while he had the chance, before returning to the computer room.

The trash can in the small, tidy bathroom where steel, the outside was yellow and painted with daisies to fit with the yellow walls and green tiles on the floor and brighter green floor mat, you could probably burn something in that fairly safely.

(OOC: Literary balls yes. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10 - Page 10 Empty Re: Marcy's Blade, Molly's Fate and Massasa IC Thread 10

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:09 pm

Colin shook his head, "No, I haven't heard from Freddy yet."
He sighed and scribbled down, "I got more, but that's the most urgent. The means of sending a message may well be reused, but for now, Divide and Conquer may yet release pressure in Boston. Delivered right, it can even make them turn directly on one another. I got no message, just the place."
He smiled, "I know, I know, but there's good news. The pommel stone in miss Jerkins' cabochon marks the bearer as being her, so her, er, children won't attack her. The... tentacly shadow things. Also, the young man is not Fallen, at all... His past is known, and they haven't been in contact for decades."
He sighed, "It's not much, but it's what I could get. A wedge may be our best bet... But, I'm not entirely sold on the idea myself. Not without very careful phrasing."

((OOC: Literary balls? Like a book bound in human skin? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:29 pm

"Good choice, the benefits of awakening the spirits of computers are many but they will develop their own personalities, and those personalities are not always the most friendly." Hans said and smiles. "Though some of them are quite loving like Berta here, she is my favorite." He said and bent down to pat one of the computers fondly as if it where a dog

He raised an eyebrow, glancing at 'Berta.' It was odd for him to think that they had a spiritual resident, far stranger than a fire would, or a book. But spirits were somewhat more comprehensive to him than the base computer itself, though a spirit of one might in fact be as inscrutable as getting rid of the spare page that insisted on dangling at the end of a Word document.

The trash can in the small, tidy bathroom where steel, the outside was yellow and painted with daisies to fit with the yellow walls and green tiles on the floor and brighter green floor mat, you could probably burn something in that fairly safely.

He quickly sifted through the notes and picked out the ones that needed to be destroyed as well as the scraps of clothing he'd used to tie up the Nephandus. Removing anything else from the bin, he employed the same technique he'd done by the car on the items to destroy their primal links. He felt tired, tired of being tired. Francesca's warning whispered in his mind, it really did almost sound like something his sister would say. After hitting him for letting their pater become equally if not moreso exhausted and then hitting him again for not taking care of himself.

Colin shook his head, "No, I haven't heard from Freddy yet."

He frowned at that. He realised he wasn't sure how long it had been since she left. She could very well be busy at all her tasks. There again was that near-desperate urge to know, know if she was alright and had gotten there. "Casual check in message?" he asked Colin.

He sighed, "It's not much, but it's what I could get. A wedge may be our best bet... But, I'm not entirely sold on the idea myself. Not without very careful phrasing.

Adley's face still had a pinched look as if he was deciding if he should punctuate his forthcoming answer with a solid smack instead of an exclamation point. He wrote, 'I'm honestly too tired to figure out how to manage such a feat without shooting ourselves in the foot but it might be possible if it is set as a sting. I don't think doing so alone would be wise, though.' And it was true. His mind was growing closer to drawing a blank and his anger at the initial suggestion had not faded as quickly as it ought to, but lingered, simmering in a stew of 'anger at Abigail's continued existence.' Trying to figure out what to do with Molly and navigate the potential risks of that had not helped, either. Aloud he said, "How long should we clock our nap for? Mr Harris says that 8 for one produces few ill effects, and the shorter the duration in the bubble, the more it can affect us. I will need to be in relative working order."

// 2,5 - 5, 9

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:05 pm

He quickly sifted through the notes and picked out the ones that needed to be destroyed as well as the scraps of clothing he'd used to tie up the Nephandus. Removing anything else from the bin, he employed the same technique he'd done by the car on the items to destroy their primal links. He felt tired, tired of being tired. Francesca's warning whispered in his mind, it really did almost sound like something his sister would say. After hitting him for letting their pater become equally if not moreso exhausted and then hitting him again for not taking care of himself.

Again your magick was heavy handed and less of an elegant dance with reality and more like finding the arcane connections and little bits of primal links that could be used to work magick against you or perhaps restore the notes and beating them with a baseball bat, you do manage to make the spell work, reality do obey your words, but it is difficult, you are so tired that even fairly simple rotes feel like trying to thread a needle in the dark, you do manage to both physically and magically destroy the scraps of clothing and the notes.

He frowned at that. He realised he wasn't sure how long it had been since she left. She could very well be busy at all her tasks. There again was that near-desperate urge to know, know if she was alright and had gotten there. "Casual check in message?" he asked Colin.

(It have been about ten to fifteen minutes since Freddy left so chances are she is still busy talking with Chief Morgan and doing her tasks.)

(OOC: Ooops misspellings again Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Colin frowned, "It's been about fifteen minutes and change since she left. I think we should give her another ten minutes, at least... and neither of us is thinking at our best now. What do you say we straight up sleep on the question before taking any action?"
Scratching lightly behind his right ear, he added, "I've got a rudimentary understanding of space and time; enough to pick up when someone is hopping around or manipulating them, but not so much as to meddle directly. I believe I should be fine with any rate of time dilation, but I'd be more worried about you. Personally, I'd be worried about every minute spent not on the job now, but I think functionality and sanity must take priority. I'll leave you to confer with Master Harris' expertise as to how much you'll be likely able to handle while I see a man about a horse. If you'll excuse me..."
He glanced over at the computers again, "You know, the Japanese have a belief that a well-tended tool will awaken after a century. Seems to me machines might do that a trifle more quickly; I've yet to operate a machine for an extended period of time without learning its little personality quirks..."
Then he headed out to look for the restrooms.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:34 am

Colin frowned, "It's been about fifteen minutes and change since she left. I think we should give her another ten minutes, at least... and neither of us is thinking at our best now. What do you say we straight up sleep on the question before taking any action?"

He blinked at him and then nodded. "I think I'll have to," he agreed. Indeed, the idea of staying up 10 minutes to talk to Freddy was looking iffy, unless some other crisis dumped a fresh supply of adrenaline straight to into him. "I'll leave contacting her up to you." He gave him the directions to the bathroom and then said, "We're not staying here, but the dorms. Meet you there?" He turned to Mr Harris. "Ah, sir where are we going? And how bad would 45 minutes to an hour put me, considering my state? I've been through correspondence nausea and I can't say sparing ten minutes from sleep to spend it losing my dinner would be worthwhile."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:59 am

He glanced over at the computers again, "You know, the Japanese have a belief that a well-tended tool will awaken after a century. Seems to me machines might do that a trifle more quickly; I've yet to operate a machine for an extended period of time without learning its little personality quirks..."

"Well casting a room on them speed things up even further Mr Wainwright, however yes, everything got a spirit living inside of them, a little bit of extra code that eventually becomes active when well used and well loved over time, but one can shake that code awake as well as I have done with these computers."
Hans said and smiles.
"Some awaken their spirits easier than others though off course. There was this bran Olivetti that where famous form having quirks and personality, in fact I still have one, it houses my familiar."

He turned to Mr Harris. "Ah, sir where are we going? And how bad would 45 minutes to an hour put me, considering my state? I've been through correspondence nausea and I can't say sparing ten minutes from sleep to spend it losing my dinner would be worthwhile."

"Eight hours in forty five minutes, hum...well yes I think that will be tolerable, disorienting but not as bad as being teleported all over the place when you are not used to it."
The Virtual Adept Master gave a smile.
"We are going right up the stairs and to the left, there are one of the corridors of dormitories, the room furthest down the hall I know is free so we will use that."
He said.
"Oh...oops we should probably have told your friend Mr Wainwright that, I can leave him a note saying where we are going."
He added and found a notebook and pen from his pocket.

Colin following Adley's instructions you find a clean, if old fashioned bathroom with dark green tile floors, yellow walls and daisy details. The bathroom might not have been styled since the 1960's but it was well kept and clean. When you are done with your private affairs and about ready to leave the small room your phone plings, it is a message from Freddy it reads.

"I am well, so are mostly everyone here, the Mercere though not so much. I have your notebook and have done what you wanted and are heading into a meeting with JM."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:45 am

"Disorienting for how long? A few minutes, an hour or the entire day?" he asked. "Mmm, I can follow the instructions you just gave me and you can take him there, if you'd rather?" he said. If he got to the room and had a few moments to look it over and settle himself, it might be preferable.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:44 am

"It vary form person to person the worst of it should be over after a few minutes though Mr Roth Hicks, you might feel a bit jet lagged for a while but that should not affect your ability to function."
Hans said then he nodded.
"Very well, up the stairs and to the left then, end of the hall. I will bring your friend once he gets here."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:01 am

"That seems acceptable. Thank you, sir," he said. He stood a second longer before seeming to get himself headed toward the door again to go upstairs. Was it two days or three now since he'd ascended stairs to sleep on the floor in his own chantry? He was not sure. It felt like a long time. He stifled a yawn with the back of a hand as he walked, heading for the room that was furthest down the hall on that floor.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:43 am

Colin eventually returned to the computer room, "Ah, Adley, Freddy gave wor... ah, where'd he go, Master Harris?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:23 am

Adley you get to the second floor, there are not that many people around right now, a small, thin young man with his hair dyed into a near silver color wearing a band tshirt and jeans was on his way out of one of the rooms. Simon Black was on his way to the stairs it seamed as you passed him in the hallways, other than that there was no one there. You find the room Hans was talking about and open the door. The room looked like a typical dorm room. There where two beds, two desks, two closets, between the beds in the middle of the room there where a table and two chairs. The walls where white and there there lace curtains at the window, there where nothing else in there though so it was clear that the room was empty. There was a door leading out of the room and probably into a bathroom shared with the room next to it. Everything was neat at clean and while this was less living space than the apartments at Steelhaven the rooms looked fairly comfortable.

Colin you return to the computer room and Hans stands from where he had been sitting, he picks up an obviously well used and fairly old laptop and indicate that you should follow him.
"Mr Roth Hicks wanted to check out the room we will be using for the bubble and asked me to lead you there Mr Wainwright...if you would kindly follow me, and just Hans is fine."
He said and smiles.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:58 am

Colin nodded, "Very well, Mas... Hans."
He quickly tapped in a reply to Freddy, "JJ gave me some details - OD's background is known in Malden, and tell JM I have a way to send a message - one way - to A. In his legal opinion, is Divide and Conquer justification to warn her against LL, or will hampering LL like that still count as aiding the enemy? ARH and I will be offline for an hour, catching up."

((OOC: And no, asking that is not to go over Adley's head - just getting a second legal opinion before thinking it over in the "morning"... And Colin needs Willpower soon. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:18 am

Colin nodded, "Very well, Mas... Hans."

Hans lead the way out of the computer room and up the staircase, on the way you see a young man with dyed silver hair and the two of them obviously new one another well as the younger man waved and Hans gave a bit of a proud smile. Eventually you get to the long, thin dorm room that Adley had already found and Hans sits down by one of the desks and open his computer.
"Let me just get the program ready."
He said.

He quickly tapped in a reply to Freddy, "JJ gave me some details - OD's background is known in Malden, and tell JM I have a way to send a message - one way - to A. In his legal opinion, is Divide and Conquer justification to warn her against LL, or will hampering LL like that still count as aiding the enemy? ARH and I will be offline for an hour, catching up."

You get a reply back from Freddy.

"I will tell JM about the legal question and about Malden. Be Well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:23 am

Colin smirked slightly, "I see you have a Tradition for hair dyes? Though I suppose silver is a more plausible hair colour than Freddy's preferred green."
He smoothly replied to Freddy, "You too, and stay safe. Don't do anything I would. Wink"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:45 am

"Ah...well yes I might be getting old for I am not to fond of how my young apprentice decide to wear his hair, but he is a grown man so he can do as he please."
Hans said and sigh as he glanced after the young mage as he hurried down the stairs.
"Then again he is an Adept now and should behave a bit more adult."
He muttered before he continued towards the dormitories.
"Well Miss Adlebloom's hair color is one thing, the bits of plastic she waves into her hair however is not that plausible but then again she is an adult, and I am a grumpy old man."
He said with a bit of a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Colin smiled, "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. C.S. Lewis; one of Britain's finer fantasy authors, though some might deem him a bit preachy."
The smile turned into something closer to a smirk, "As for those accouterments, I'm afraid neither marriage nor motherhood will separate Freddy from them."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:07 pm

Colin smiled, "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. C.S. Lewis; one of Britain's finer fantasy authors, though some might deem him a bit preachy."

"Ah a wise man Mr Lawis I have read most of his stories."
Hans said and smiles.
"My apprentice Joe, he walks his own path, and I have to accept that, both in how he grooms himself and what his goals in life is, but it is at times hard to let go, I shall admit to that. At times I feel like a father who have to try to accept that his son is now a man."

The smile turned into something closer to a smirk, "As for those accouterments, I'm afraid neither marriage nor motherhood will separate Freddy from them."

"Future insights Mr Wainwright?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
"And no it would surprise me if anything would change the young woman, I do not know her well myself, but she is my sister's apprentice and Mary was...authentic, she walked her own path regardless of what anyone else thought or said, I would not expect her student to be any different."
The Master of the Art said with a bit of a sad smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:32 pm

Colin smiled, nodding, "As I understand it, Confucianism has an extended description of how a son should honour his parents. Interestingly, I don't believe imitation or flattery is on the list at all... Offering support and even a different perspective in counsel, however, was highly treasured."
He grinned, "I've had a... couple of instances of Prophecy, it seems. Two decades, three children and a green-haired wife of whom I am very, very fond. An affection which, thank God, is reciprocated, it seems. And she is... decidedly her own person. Though I'd wish she'd learn to cook properly for herself; that's something I fear she'll never figure out..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:45 pm

Colin smiled, nodding, "As I understand it, Confucianism has an extended description of how a son should honour his parents. Interestingly, I don't believe imitation or flattery is on the list at all... Offering support and even a different perspective in counsel, however, was highly treasured."

"Yes, well I would not want Joe to imitate me, but I do wish he would wash the paint out of his hair, however I will make no such demand, it is not my place. I am sure he would prefer I got a bit more into shape as well, though he would never comment on my weight, I can tell he worry about my physical well being. In either case, I can disprove of some of his choices but they are his to make."
The Virtual Adept said with a bit of a smile.
"And he have grown into a fine young man."

He grinned, "I've had a... couple of instances of Prophecy, it seems. Two decades, three children and a green-haired wife of whom I am very, very fond. An affection which, thank God, is reciprocated, it seems. And she is... decidedly her own person.

"That is not a bad vision of the future Mr Wainwright, not at all. And nothing would please me more than for Mary's favorite student to find happiness."
He said and it was clear he was very fond of his sister.
"If your vision come to be Mr Wainwright you take good care of her, she is a sweet young woman."

Though I'd wish she'd learn to cook properly for herself; that's something I fear she'll never figure out..."

Hans gave a laugh at that.
"Mary could not cook either, nor can Kayden our mentor, I used to have to feed the lot of them. TV dinners and things you heat in a microwave is not food."
He declared.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Colin nodded, "Learning your arts, and making his own way with the tools he's been given, I don't think any father has the right to ask for more. Or less, as the case may be."
He smiled, "It seems that's the road we'll be taking, at least. There are other... aspects of the prophecies in question that are less pleasant, though. Suffice to say, a Great Polyp is merely ugly on the outside. The interior is... far worse."
He chuckled, "Fortunately, my mother taught me well in the fine art of vulgarly-named English cuisine. Freddy certainly finds it hilarious and tasty."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:16 pm

Colin nodded, "Learning your arts, and making his own way with the tools he's been given, I don't think any father has the right to ask for more. Or less, as the case may be."

"You are right Mr Wainwright."
Hans said and nodded at your words.
"You are right."

He smiled, "It seems that's the road we'll be taking, at least. There are other... aspects of the prophecies in question that are less pleasant, though. Suffice to say, a Great Polyp is merely ugly on the outside. The interior is... far worse."

"A great polyp...as in a Nephandi battle cruiser...you have been inside one of those abominations?"
The Adept shook his head.
"I have seen one at a distance once in the Umbra, I quickly decided it was time to be elsewhere. I would not envy the man that are to venture inside of those ships."

He chuckled, "Fortunately, my mother taught me well in the fine art of vulgarly-named English cuisine. Freddy certainly finds it hilarious and tasty."

Hans gave a grin at that.
"I imagine she do Mr Wainwright I imagine she do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:51 pm

Colin grimaced, "I haven't been inside one yet... but unless something drastic happens to change the course of future history, I will in the defense of Horizon. There's a... transcript; it should be made available from Steelhaven for interested parties; academic studies of Nephandic, hm, technology in particular."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:58 pm

"I will have to make time to read that transcript when it is made available then Mr Wainwright."
The Virtual Adept said as he gave a light knock on the door to the room he had sent Adley to before opening it.
"You are a braver man than I if you actually willingly enter such a thing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:07 pm

Colin shrugged, "Desperate, more like. Engine shot off makes proper maneuvering difficult, I'm afraid - but staying in a crashed craft in excessively hostile territory is a worse idea than exploring..."
He stretched wearily, stepping through the doorway, "Ah, Adley, Freddy is in a meeting with the Chief now. I let her know we'll be out of touch for a while."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next