Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

4 posters

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 20, 2016 1:53 pm

Alex glanced at the sleeping girl and nodded before lowering his voice.
"Off course Mr Wainwright...I met you earlier this evening I think, in the garage?"
The Etherite asked then he continued.
"Let me explain, by trade I am a veterinarian, but I am a part of a group of Awakened with some medical knowledge in this city that run a small, secret clinic for those of our kind, we do not ask question in this clinic, we do not ask what someone are, what faction they are of or how they got hurt, we just patch up those who might not be able to get treatment anywhere else. I got a call from the woman on duty at the clinic five minutes ago, a man had come shambling in, all he would say is that he had gotten off a bus from Gary, however since I knew something was going on there I asked her to describe the man, and he match the description of the young escaped Nephandus that ran from the Post Office that Mrs Knox described. The Chief had his description posted in the common room, and I will go and speak with him now but I wanted to tell your group first, it seamed appropriate...now I do not know if it is the same guy, but the description are the same, a short, thin man with short black hair, very green eyes, though one eye where swollen shut, wearing thorn, black clothing."
Alex said then he added.
"I would prefer if no one was taken by force from the clinic though, it is in everyone's best interest that it remains a safe place, for everyone and normally I would not tell anyone if I saw someone wanted at the clinic but with it comes to the Nephandi, there are some additional concerns than usual."
He said and seamed a bit conflicted on the matter.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 8 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Warpmind Fri May 20, 2016 2:04 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite; you were finishing up some work on your car, correct?"
He frowned as Alex explained, "Bugger, that does sound like the same man... This makes for a highly impractical complication."
He glanced over at Adjan, then back, and sighed, "Thank you, Mr. Horton - would you mind sitting on this for a couple of minutes while I discuss this with my colleague here? If you'd kindly keep an eye on our erstwhile ward while we confer in the adjacent room?"
He nodded Adjan toward the bedroom, "Quick word, Adjan?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 20, 2016 2:14 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite; you were finishing up some work on your car, correct?"

"Yes I did, I do prefer to keep my car in good condition."
Alex said and nodded.

He frowned as Alex explained, "Bugger, that does sound like the same man... This makes for a highly impractical complication."
He glanced over at Adjan, then back, and sighed, "Thank you, Mr. Horton - would you mind sitting on this for a couple of minutes while I discuss this with my colleague here? If you'd kindly keep an eye on our erstwhile ward while we confer in the adjacent room?"

"I would not mind at all, I have two little sisters so babysitting is not exactly something new for me, however I can not keep this information from the Chief for long Mr Wainwright."
The Etherite said.
"But a few minutes should not be a problem."
He agreed as he stepped into the room.

He nodded Adjan toward the bedroom, "Quick word, Adjan?"

"Off course."
Adjan said and came with you, once you where in the adjacent room and had closed the door he sigh.
"Do the description Mr Horton had of his patient match someone you know Mr Wainwright?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Colin nodded to Alex, "Just the time for a quick conference, that's all I ask."

As the door was closed, Colin sighed, "Please, Adjan... call me Colin. And yes, that does sound like Tian, the conscientious objector among the Nephandi. I'm... not sure whether he's actually Fallen himself, but he's certainly a member of that happy bunch. The thing is, he had me dead to rights with a prime bolt, and I convinced him to run instead; that we wouldn't pursue him if he fled instead of fighting us. I had rather hoped he'd managed to go to ground well enough that I would not hear of him again before we left Chicago, but it seems I have no such luck today. The question is, what to do now? He's known to be associated with the Fallen, but as Mr. Horton said, that clinic is a no questions asked facility, and on any other day, the chap might have gone through unnoticed... We have a practical as well as a moral dilemma on our hands."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 20, 2016 3:12 pm

Colin nodded to Alex, "Just the time for a quick conference, that's all I ask."

"Very well I will watch the young lady in the meantime."
Alex said and took a seat in one of the soft, cloth covered chairs in the room, the chairs where comfortable but they looked like they had been there since the 1970's.

As the door was closed, Colin sighed, "Please, Adjan... call me Colin. And yes, that does sound like Tian, the conscientious objector among the Nephandi. I'm... not sure whether he's actually Fallen himself, but he's certainly a member of that happy bunch. The thing is, he had me dead to rights with a prime bolt, and I convinced him to run instead; that we wouldn't pursue him if he fled instead of fighting us. I had rather hoped he'd managed to go to ground well enough that I would not hear of him again before we left Chicago, but it seems I have no such luck today.

The Euthanatos nodded.
"Very well, Colin it is then."
He said and smiles then he turns serious.
"Hum...he could be a not yet Fallen apprentice, or a member of their Infernalist faction, not all of them are Fallen or so I hear."
Adjan looked thoughtful.
"Well we are certainly in a bit of a bind then, this young man do not sound like someone we would want to capture for the Traditions and at the same time any information about what the Nephandi are doing in the city would be more than welcome."

The question is, what to do now? He's known to be associated with the Fallen, but as Mr. Horton said, that clinic is a no questions asked facility, and on any other day, the chap might have gone through unnoticed... We have a practical as well as a moral dilemma on our hands."

"Yes...indeed, if we get the boy arrested and he is Fallen...well we do not need to discuss what happens then."
The Euthanatos said grimly.
"Also if we grab him at this clinic, we disturb the sanctity of something that really do sound like a great idea, often the Awakened of any kind have a problem of where to go if we get hurt, on the other hand how can we avoid it? And should we considering what information this boy might be able to give us?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 20, 2016 3:25 pm

Colin scritched the back of his neck, "We're in one hell of a bind... I missed the Fallen girl at the Umbral Port, you had Molly forcibly taken from your custody on the way to her chantry, I encouraged Tian to run instead of blast my head off... I'm sure you know what they say about chance, coincidence and pattern? I don't think we can afford to let him go, in case of closer scrutiny."
He shook his head, "He's not an outright evil man; his actions at the post office proved as much - but I'm afraid we'll have to retrieve him. Not doing so when we know where he is would likely be... dangerous."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 20, 2016 4:08 pm

Colin scritched the back of his neck, "We're in one hell of a bind... I missed the Fallen girl at the Umbral Port, you had Molly forcibly taken from your custody on the way to her chantry, I encouraged Tian to run instead of blast my head off... I'm sure you know what they say about chance, coincidence and pattern? I don't think we can afford to let him go, in case of closer scrutiny."

"I had not thought of that, but yes there is a chance that if any more Fallen gets away on our watch we might get under investigation and we really do not want to be in that position."
Adjan said and sigh.
"And I am not sure we could prove our innocence either."
He muttered and then he swore on some European language that sounded a bit like German.
"It seams we find ourselves in quite a bit of a bind."

He shook his head, "He's not an outright evil man; his actions at the post office proved as much - but I'm afraid we'll have to retrieve him. Not doing so when we know where he is would likely be... dangerous."

"Agreed, reluctantly but agreed. Ok then how do you want to go about this, and who should we tell, I would not want Mr Devereux sent after this man, not with the way he told us he likes to treat prisoners but if we try to grab him from this clinic and there are other patients we might end up putting them in danger and we do not want that."
He said and shook his head.
"It seams every step we takes get more and more complicated."
Adjan said in a frustrated tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Colin nodded to Adjan's oath, agreeing with the sentiment, "No, we would want to avoid sending Mr. Devereux... I think the best way of handling this is speaking with Cheaf Joakim and... hm, Tian knows my face; probably best not to send me in first. I'd actually recommend you or Francesca to go speak with him, and to be quite clear on not wanting combat at the clinic - I expect he will agree with that. Question him, yes, but no rough interrogation, no torture - not there. By all means, cover the exits in case he makes a break for it - in fact, one might hope he does so rather than the... alternative. Make it plain that we want information more than we want his Avatar on a silver platter..."
He sighed, "However this goes down, this is going to inconvenience the clinic... but we should try as far as reasonably possible to avoid violent confrontation."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 20, 2016 5:02 pm

Colin nodded to Adjan's oath, agreeing with the sentiment, "No, we would want to avoid sending Mr. Devereux... I think the best way of handling this is speaking with Cheaf Joakim and... hm, Tian knows my face; probably best not to send me in first.

"I have to admit a strong dislike for this Mr Devereux."
Adjan said and sigh then he nodded.
"Speaking with the Chief sounds like a good place to start, and yes sending you in first might not be smart, on the other hand, you where kind to him and let him go the way I understand it, perhaps you can talk him into coming quietly, then again considering what the Traditions do with those like him, probably not."

I'd actually recommend you or Francesca to go speak with him, and to be quite clear on not wanting combat at the clinic - I expect he will agree with that.

"Hum...that is not a bad idea, but if we all three go, who is going to watch over Liv while we are away? I do not want to leave the girl with strangers before we know what is going on."

Question him, yes, but no rough interrogation, no torture - not there. By all means, cover the exits in case he makes a break for it - in fact, one might hope he does so rather than the... alternative. Make it plain that we want information more than we want his Avatar on a silver platter..."

"I would be more concerned with him trying to off himself, if he will not fight in the clinic, knowing our laws, he might decide to save his Avatar, it is a shame our laws do not allow us to offer him freedom in exchange for information, or at least a clean death in exchange for what he knows."

e sighed, "However this goes down, this is going to inconvenience the clinic... but we should try as far as reasonably possible to avoid violent confrontation."

"Agreed, the question is whatever or not that is possible, we will be pushing a mage into a corner, and that is never a safe thing to do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 20, 2016 5:58 pm

"Some of our abilities can also be countered by full attention on what you are doing, not all of them mind you, but it is far easier to influence a mind than just downright taking control. Getting the drunkard guard to leave work early to have a drink is far easier than the dedicated guard who takes pride in his job, and often our abilities sneaks in between the cracks of mental attention."

"I see, that does make sense." It did not seem wholly unlike what he'd heard those with the skills of mental arts could do, though specific in how to do it. "I would like to discuss more with you, if time allows and you are amenable, later. One more thing. Do the Tremere know you are with us, our chantry I mean?"

"I see...interesting, well interesting and disturbing."

"They can also take a more subtle approach of influencing another."

Nate looks at you nervously as you look for something to blindfold him with. "Have you decided Mr Theodore?" He asked simply though his voice was full of fear. "About what to do with me?"

"Mr Vincent, please try to stay calm. I know you are anxious and afraid. We are working on a way to get you out of here but it is a complicated matter given the involvement you have had. For the moment, I'm going to blindfold your eyes, if you would please close them for me," he requested.

// Something tells me that Adley's not gonna be happy to see green-eyed Tian D: Also, I've got some appointments and chores to do today but I will try to catch up.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri May 20, 2016 6:34 pm

Friday:
They're bitching around all day. He doesn't understand how spiders work and disaprobes nonetheless, and she doesn't understand how sharks work and disaprobes. He said They're aways like that.

That's not complicated! Fly Higher!

Saturday:
Looks like a shard from an inverted avatar... I think i can pull it off. It will be unpleasant, i am sorry. he said. His hands rithmicly clapped to the shards song and he started to proyect it forward to take it out, and after that, embebbe it on his necklace.

((Great!
First shot, i spend one willpower: Roll arete 3: 4, 5, 8
Almost.
Second roll, another Willpower: 5 2 10
Thrid roll, a last Willpower: 8 9 7
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 20, 2016 6:43 pm

"I see, that does make sense." It did not seem wholly unlike what he'd heard those with the skills of mental arts could do, though specific in how to do it. "I would like to discuss more with you, if time allows and you are amenable, later. One more thing. Do the Tremere know you are with us, our chantry I mean?"

"I should be free to talk later Sir, unless I am given another assignment, I am a servant of Chantry Morningstar, they saved...more than my life, my time is not always my own."
Isabella said and nodded.
"I have not spoken with anyone in the Clan since I was cast out, but it would surprise me very much if they do not know, I am left alone since attacking a Chantry full of mages will be to dangerous and to costly."
The vampire said and nodded.
"Why do you ask Sir? If you do not mind me asking?"

"They can also take a more subtle approach of influencing another."

"Hum...that is just great, well I guess we have to stay on our toes then Sodalis."
Hayden said and sigh.

"Mr Vincent, please try to stay calm. I know you are anxious and afraid. We are working on a way to get you out of here but it is a complicated matter given the involvement you have had. For the moment, I'm going to blindfold your eyes, if you would please close them for me," he requested.

Nate immediately got scared when you brought out the blindfold, he was probably scared that you would use it not to have to look at his eyes while killing him...or staking him and he let out a small whimper of fright though he did close his eyes.
"O...ok..."
He muttered then he drew a deep breath.
"If...if...you are going to stake me, will you take of the blindfold afterwards? I do not want to be blind in addition to paralyzed."
He asked in a thin voice then he swallowed hard as he tried to stay calm.

(OOC: There is some chance yes that Adley will not like the green eyes young Nephandus. Well since Adley and Colin are not in the same scene do not worry about it take your time you are not holding up anything, and beside the game is supposed to be fun and not a chore when one do not have the time for it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 20, 2016 6:58 pm

Tane:

Friday:

"The way my fiance put it then most fera do not like the Ananasi as they are different, they are not connected to the Wyld like the rest of them, but rather are children of the Weaver, they are indeed an odd lot, I do not know much about them though."
Henrietta said and nodded.
"Ah...Rokea it is silver with them right? Their Wyld given metal weakness? For if so I better take of some of my jewelry before we get to your place."
The Hollow One said and indicated the elegant silver coffin pendant on a black velvet choker around her thin neck and large silver spider that hun on a chain under it as well as several rings on her fingers and large silver hoops in her ears.
"So about the food, how do an omelette sound to you Tane?"

Saturday:

Ebele nodded she gritted her teeth, though that did not help much, when you started to work on the shard she screamed, her strong, bony hands gripped the bedsheets hard as her back arched in the bow as she howled in pain.

Getting a hold of the shard was not easy, it was harder than with an Umbrood, more delicate, or perhaps more that it was on another plane but finally your song touched the shard of the Fallen soul, slowly the shard came towards you and you heard it's voice, a voice full of pain and loss, a shattered voice that where just a tiny sliver of the whole but it cried for it's host, it cried for the incarnation it had lost. You manage to embed the soul shard in your necklace though you doubt it will be imprisoned there for long, this magick is to complicated for you, and soon the shard will escape and continue to look for it's lost host.

The Deaconess's Avatar wobbled on his feet as you pulled the shard out...but it did not seam to be badly wounded, magick might hurt for a while for the old Dreamspeaker but given a bit of rest she and her wise old soul should be fine. Ebele still screamed though the wound hurt, it hurt badly, and the pain might leave her in shock, but she should recover, the shard might be a danger to any mage around again though once it escapes the confines of your necklace.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 20, 2016 7:24 pm

Colin nodded, "Embrace the power of 'or'... I did not mean for all three of us to go, just that it might be very unwise if my face is the first to walk through the door without forewarning. I have some... distinct features he might recognize, after all; I'd say he got a pretty close look when he had his prime bolt at the ready, and that's the sort of circumstance under which one rather tends to remember the face of the opponent. I might talk to him, sure, but not as the first one through the door."
He frowned and fished out the little medicine flask from his pocket, "Bloody hell, that's right... we can... pacify him first; drastically reduce his threat potential, if we get a nurse or doctor to dose him with a shot of this crap before anyone else enters the room..."
He sighed, "It's a nasty hand we just got dealt... but at the very least, we have a chance of playing our cards so that there are no collateral casualties."

((OOC: This suuuuuuuucks! Colin has a very pragmatic option available to handle Tian, and while it'll have a good chance of no collateral damage, it suuuuuuuuucks still. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 20, 2016 7:55 pm

Colin nodded, "Embrace the power of 'or'... I did not mean for all three of us to go, just that it might be very unwise if my face is the first to walk through the door without forewarning. I have some... distinct features he might recognize, after all; I'd say he got a pretty close look when he had his prime bolt at the ready, and that's the sort of circumstance under which one rather tends to remember the face of the opponent.

"Hum...well you may be right in that, the young man are likely to remember you yes."
Adjan said and nodded.
"And we do not want him to immediately bolt, but who of us do you think we should send then, I would not be comfortable with you and Fran going alone into a situation that can be hostile, you say this Nephandus looks young, but that do not mean that he is, or that he is not powerful."
The Euthanatos commented.

I might talk to him, sure, but not as the first one through the door."
He frowned and fished out the little medicine flask from his pocket, "Bloody hell, that's right... we can... pacify him first; drastically reduce his threat potential, if we get a nurse or doctor to dose him with a shot of this crap before anyone else enters the room..."

"Poor kid, that would be a nasty surprise but yes it would reduce his potential for doing harm."
Adjan said he did not look like he relished the idea but at the same time it was a good one.
"Are we sure we want to do this? Tricking this person like that in a place he have come for help, we will have to carry the weight of that on our shoulders until the day we die."
He asked sounded rather dismayed.

He sighed, "It's a nasty hand we just got dealt... but at the very least, we have a chance of playing our cards so that there are no collateral casualties."

"Yes...then we are only left with the mundane danger he might pose to anyone, including himself."
Adjan said and sigh then he muttered ruefully in his native language again and nodded.
"The plan is sound Colin, but yes it is not a good hand we have been dealt."

(OOC: Well yes drugging the poor kid who got beaten to a pulp to try to save someone from torture so you can deliver him to Gilgul, that do kind of suck indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 20, 2016 9:08 pm

Colin nodded and grimaced, "True, apparent age means little... However, I think it's fair to assume he's no more powerful than you or I - he protested the Fallen mission leader's burning of a vampire, and got brutally beaten as a result. That's where the injuries that made him seek out the clinic came from; direct, physical abuse from his immediate superior. Who, by the way, died from a shotgun-inflicted wound only minutes later at the most. That was probably the most spectacularly gruesome shot I've fired in my life."
He sighed, "It's a cruel plan, but taking risk assessment into the equation, i think it's the least awful option we have. I am, of course, all ears for a less hideous alternative. If... if it turns out his Avatar is still pristine, at the very least we might be able to convince the Judges that a diminished sentence like Branding will suffice, if he cooperates? It's a small, likely futile hope, but do you think there is a chance?"
He pulled a hand across his face, "Shit... I really hoped I'd heard the last of the fellow, but now... we can't let it slide; there's no way in Hell the Italians wouldn't pounce on us if they were to find out - and they're probably watching us like bloody hawks already."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 20, 2016 10:27 pm

Colin nodded and grimaced, "True, apparent age means little... However, I think it's fair to assume he's no more powerful than you or I - he protested the Fallen mission leader's burning of a vampire, and got brutally beaten as a result. That's where the injuries that made him seek out the clinic came from; direct, physical abuse from his immediate superior. Who, by the way, died from a shotgun-inflicted wound only minutes later at the most. That was probably the most spectacularly gruesome shot I've fired in my life."

This superior sounds like someone who needed to die Colin, but yes seeing the damage a shotgun can do to the human body can be gruesome indeed. Hum...this Tian, that was his name right? Seams like a man who at least where not powerful enough to defend himself from his boss, but that again need not mean something, he might have a slow Paradigm. The boy's heroism though make me feel even worse about going to arrest him."
Adjan said and looked out the window.
"What we are doing now Colin is not morally right."
The Euthanatos said softly before he turned his head to look at Colin.
"Nothing about it is right."

He sighed, "It's a cruel plan, but taking risk assessment into the equation, i think it's the least awful option we have. I am, of course, all ears for a less hideous alternative.

"No, the plan is sound, cruel yes but one that at least are likely to limit the chance of outright violence or worse a magickal conflict at the clinic."
Adjan said grimly.

If... if it turns out his Avatar is still pristine, at the very least we might be able to convince the Judges that a diminished sentence like Branding will suffice, if he cooperates? It's a small, likely futile hope, but do you think there is a chance?"

"If he is not Fallen then chances are pretty good he will be Branded and executed, Gilgul of non Fallen Avatars are very rare, I can only think to two cases in the last thirty years, two of those involved with sacrificing Orphans on that damnable island on Horizon."
Adjan said and looked at Colin for a moment worried he had hit a soft spot since the scarred mage was an Orphan himself.
"If Tian is not Fallen he is not likely to be...given the worst possible punishment, but if he is Fallen then...well...it will not end well for him."
The death magus said in a grave tone of voice.

He pulled a hand across his face, "Shit... I really hoped I'd heard the last of the fellow, but now... we can't let it slide; there's no way in Hell the Italians wouldn't pounce on us if they were to find out - and they're probably watching us like bloody hawks already."

"Well I would say that is likely yes, the Italians have to know we are at least somewhat on to them, they will be itching to take us down."
The Euthanatos said looking troubled.
"And our work right now is to important to let them get the chance, at least right now."
He muttered then he added a bit of a sober smile.
"Well perhaps we will be lucky and the boy have left the clinic by the time we get there, I mean there is always hoping."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 20, 2016 11:47 pm

Colin grimaced, "I agree, nothing at all about this is morally right... Dammit, if only Mr. Horton hadn't come by to ask, we wouldn't be in this dilemma. Can't blame him, though - with the Nephandi involved, you can't just ignore something like that..."
He nodded grimly, "Quite... I've seen what those beasts do; our Mercere guest back home was one of the victims."
He frowned, "Bugger, that's right, I've got to let Molly's Toreador friend know Molly's alright... That... No, even if that bright Mercere boy promised me a favour, asking him to ask a vampire to break a Nephandi out of hospital would be so many kinds of unethical and illegal to begin with..."
He scratched the side of his nose, "Well, in any case, I could ask the kid to send the vampire a message, since my phone is dry... It would, if nothing else, have a chance at buying us a few clandestine minutes..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 21, 2016 4:13 am

Colin grimaced, "I agree, nothing at all about this is morally right... Dammit, if only Mr. Horton hadn't come by to ask, we wouldn't be in this dilemma. Can't blame him, though - with the Nephandi involved, you can't just ignore something like that..."

"Yes our young Sons of Ether friend in there meant well, and indeed this might be able to get us information we desperately need, but the price for that information will be insufferably high, but he could not have known that, all he had was a description of the escaped man and a want to help, but as they say the path to hell is paved with good intentions."
Adjan sigh.

He nodded grimly, "Quite... I've seen what those beasts do; our Mercere guest back home was one of the victims."

"Yes I heard, and I was a newly Awakened apprentice back in the 80's when that scandal was uncovered, nice word for it, scandal, it sounds like someone have had an affair or dipped their fingers in the wrong Node not that they kidnapped their fellow mages and well...fed them to those horrid creatures. Mr Gregario was the last victim, they say that after the Avatar eaters where done with him, he swam from their island to the mainland to get help, to make sure no one had to suffer his fate again...a brave man, I doubt I would have been able to do the same."
The Euthanaos muttered.
"Though it is beside the point of our present concern.

He frowned, "Bugger, that's right, I've got to let Molly's Toreador friend know Molly's alright... That... No, even if that bright Mercere boy promised me a favour, asking him to ask a vampire to break a Nephandi out of hospital would be so many kinds of unethical and illegal to begin with..."

"It would be rather unethical yes as it would put the poor boy in quite a bit of danger."
Adjan said and glanced at Colin.
"If his actions where discovered he would be arrested."

He scratched the side of his nose, "Well, in any case, I could ask the kid to send the vampire a message, since my phone is dry... It would, if nothing else, have a chance at buying us a few clandestine minutes..."

"Well anything that will delay us talking with Chief Joakim and getting this retrieval mission on the way is a boon, anything that will delay us increase the chance that Tian is gone once we get to the clinic, and once he is gone from there we do not have to look for him that hard, giving him a chance to flee."
The Euthanatos agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 21, 2016 4:23 am

"I should be free to talk later Sir, unless I am given another assignment, I am a servant of Chantry Morningstar, they saved...more than my life, my time is not always my own.

He nodded at that. He didn't exactly agree with servant statuses or the like but at least she was alive. And one did have to return something for protection, even as a magus. But she did have a lot of potentially useful information. If vampire society was as slow moving in some ways as their own, even some old information might be useful - depending how old. "Thank you."

"I have not spoken with anyone in the Clan since I was cast out, but it would surprise me very much if they do not know, I am left alone since attacking a Chantry full of mages will be to dangerous and to costly." The vampire said and nodded. "Why do you ask Sir? If you do not mind me asking?"

"To protect you as well as the others the chantry. Should we release this person and he's gathered information about you that enemies might compel or coerce from him, or should we come across a Tremere, I would not wish to blow your cover as it were. Of course we will try take measures against this but if it cannot be done I wish to see how much risk it would bear out."

"O...ok..." He muttered then he drew a deep breath. "If...if...you are going to stake me, will you take of the blindfold afterwards? I do not want to be blind in addition to paralyzed." He asked in a thin voice then he swallowed hard as he tried to stay calm.

"It would be distressing to leave you in a state of sensory deprivation, I take it. I won't unless it will compromise our safety, or yours. But I will try not to, or at least for any extended length of time."

// no, game is not a chore xD Washing the dog, cleaning up, running around town, the dentist = chores.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 21, 2016 5:54 am

"Thank you."

Isabella just nodded at that and offered a little smile.

"To protect you as well as the others the chantry. Should we release this person and he's gathered information about you that enemies might compel or coerce from him, or should we come across a Tremere, I would not wish to blow your cover as it were. Of course we will try take measures against this but if it cannot be done I wish to see how much risk it would bear out."

The vampire gave a big smile that did make her big blue eyes light up.
"Ah thank you for your concern Sir."
She said and nodded.
"But I think they are aware of where I am, it would make me quite ashamed at their competence if they did not, so I do think the only additional risk to me is that my Sire, the one who made me, hear about me working with mages and I prove to be a further disappointment to him, I might no longer have anything to do with him, but I do not want to bring more shame to his name."
Isabella said and sigh sadly, that was clearly a soft spot for her.

"It would be distressing to leave you in a state of sensory deprivation, I take it.

"It would, especially when one is already in a panicked state. I mean when I am not...staked...it is fine, I hear well enough that lack of vision do not matter that much, but in such a condition..."
The sniper seamed rather scared at the thought of that.
"Yes it would be distressing."

I won't unless it will compromise our safety, or yours. But I will try not to, or at least for any extended length of time."

"Thank you."
Nate muttered softly he shivered slightly though, still terrified of the situation, he had met little but cruelty since he became what he was and had come to expect the worst.

(OOC: Excellent.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat May 21, 2016 5:59 am

Friday:

Yeh, it's silver with them. I think there's no allergy with ananasi, he discused this some time ago.

Be happy, Lily! You're heading to a meeting unlike anyone! A hedge Wizard, two Mages, a Rokea and an Ananasi together, just eating and having some time. Belive me, this is something some researchers die to see. Literally, sadly.
he said with a wide smile

Omelette's simple, and won't fill me. I think i can eat a dozen and be still hungry. What about lamb? We could butcher it there and Alessa could have sustenance.

Saturday:

I get to Ebele, and i embrace her so that she can get a hold on something. I know, i know, dear. It's done. he said and song her her song to let it calm her, and also, to infuse some quintessence from him to her, so that the avatar could begin it's healing. His quintessence had that intention and he transfered it filling the place around her avatar with quintessence and patching it with the powerful assence.
It won't take long, he's powerful and resilient. I sense you're too, dear, and that makes it easier.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 21, 2016 7:04 am

Friday:

Yeh, it's silver with them. I think there's no allergy with ananasi, he discused this some time ago.

Henrietta nodded she removed her silver jewelry and left them on her living room table before she left her apartment with you, it is not that a few pendants would hurt Coawa but he would be more comfortable without them around.
"Silver seam to be the most common weakness among the fera though there are other metals some of them react to."
The hedge wizard said and smiles.

Be happy, Lily! You're heading to a meeting unlike anyone! A hedge Wizard, two Mages, a Rokea and an Ananasi together, just eating and having some time. Belive me, this is something some researchers die to see. Literally, sadly. he said with a wide smile

Lily raised and eyebrow then she grinned.
"Well then now that would be something to tell my mother about."
She said then sigh.
"Or on second thought, no better not, but yes this will be interesting, let us try to avoid killing any researchers though."

Omelette's simple, and won't fill me. I think i can eat a dozen and be still hungry. What about lamb? We could butcher it there and Alessa could have sustenance.

"But they are so cute."
Lily protested.
"I know that once the meat is all packed up in shrink wrap in the store it still came from an animal, but I just could not kill one myself, I have never killed anything, I even capture flies alive and let them out."
The girl protested.
"Lab is delicious, but getting a live one in the middle of Boston will be a bit of a challenge Tane."
Henrietta said.
"Besides I to have to admit that killing a cute baby animal is not the thing that get my appetite going."

Saturday:

I get to Ebele, and i embrace her so that she can get a hold on something. I know, i know, dear. It's done. he said and song her her song to let it calm her, and also, to infuse some quintessence from him to her, so that the avatar could begin it's healing. His quintessence had that intention and he transfered it filling the place around her avatar with quintessence and patching it with the powerful assence.

The old Dreamspeaker held onto you, she was strong, and her grip almost hurt, finally she stopped screaming and sort of collapsed back into bed, her skin damp with sweat.
"T...thank you..."
She gasped as she tried to catch her breath, it was clear the worst was over though as the haze of pain lifted from her warm almost black eyes.
"I...can feel him settling down."
The woman muttered weakly though she would regain her strength quickly.

It won't take long, he's powerful and resilient. I sense you're too, dear, and that makes it easier.

Ebele nodded she gave a weak smile, what she needed now was rest both for her body and to let her Avatar lick it's wound as it where.
"Thank you young man, I am grateful and I owe you for your help."
The old Dreamspeaker said earnestly.
"Are you sure he will be well?"
She asked a little concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 21, 2016 9:54 am

Colin sighed, "So, then, do we ask to accompany Mr. Horton to explain the affair to Chief Joakim, but to wait until I get an urgent, unrelated message sent out by way of the Mercere? It will likely take a little time to formulate properly..."
He weighed the serum bottle in his hand and returned it to his pocket, "Unrelated, my pistol is going to need some repairs, rather urgently. I don't suppose you know about someone who can fashion Primium replacement parts on demand? I'll have to dismantle it to see which part need replacing, but I fear it will not merely be a matter of removing a grain of sand or applying a few extra drops of oil..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 21, 2016 10:08 am

Colin sighed, "So, then, do we ask to accompany Mr. Horton to explain the affair to Chief Joakim, but to wait until I get an urgent, unrelated message sent out by way of the Mercere? It will likely take a little time to formulate properly..."

"That could work unless Mr Horton then insist on going and talking with Chief Joakim about this matter right away with or without us unless we can come at once."
Adjan said and sigh.
"But it is worth a shot and might buy the boy a few minutes at least."

He weighed the serum bottle in his hand and returned it to his pocket, "Unrelated, my pistol is going to need some repairs, rather urgently. I don't suppose you know about someone who can fashion Primium replacement parts on demand?

The Euthanatos eyed the little bottle with disgust in his eyes then he sigh.
"I might know someone who can create and fashion Primium but I do not know if they can make gun parts, however it will cost, quite a bit, Primium is never cheap."
He warned.

I'll have to dismantle it to see which part need replacing, but I fear it will not merely be a matter of removing a grain of sand or applying a few extra drops of oil..."

"Hum...you need a weapon-smith then, I can give you a name for the man I use to maintain my weapons but he is a sleeper so no Primium there. I do however have a spare weapon you can borrow while we are here if you wish though."
The death magus offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 30 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 30  Next