Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

4 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Warpmind Sat May 21, 2016 10:31 am

Colin nodded, "We have something of a plan, then."
He shrugged, "I don't think I need a gunsmith, necessarily - I've performed enough maintenance on my pistol to know how to replace parts, but I've had it for twenty-five years; material fatigue is inevitable. It's getting the right part that's the real issue... I... remember having replaced several components of it with Primium parts over the next two decades; I just don't recall which ones. Probably not springs, though - more likely solid parts, like the slide and barrel. I'd appreciate a loaner for the interim, though. Gutting a Fallen with a knife was efficient, but I don't particularly like that sort of up close and personal work."
He grimaced, remembering a few details of the brief bout of rage a little too well, "At any rate, shall we go then? Oh, I'll need to get Francesca down here as well; can't leave Liv unattended."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 21, 2016 1:21 pm

Colin nodded, "We have something of a plan, then."

"We do indeed have a plan Colin, it might not be a good one but we do have a plan."
Adjan said and nodded.

He shrugged, "I don't think I need a gunsmith, necessarily - I've performed enough maintenance on my pistol to know how to replace parts, but I've had it for twenty-five years; material fatigue is inevitable. It's getting the right part that's the real issue... I... remember having replaced several components of it with Primium parts over the next two decades; I just don't recall which ones. Probably not springs, though - more likely solid parts, like the slide and barrel.

"Well Primium parts are going to be far less likely to wear out than other materials, perhaps you can find someone who is willing to make the parts for you in exchange for favors."
Adjan said then he nodded.
"Yes I have replaced parts on some of mine as well, everything will eventually wear down and decay, even metal."

I'd appreciate a loaner for the interim, though. Gutting a Fallen with a knife was efficient, but I don't particularly like that sort of up close and personal work."

"I have always preferred to use knives myself. Here will this do?"
The death magus said and took his glock from his pocket and handed is as well three clips of 9mm ammunition to you, the pistol was well kept though it was a newer model so it was not one he had yet gotten very attached to.
"I have only had that for about a year, but it have performed well on the shooting range, it is my back up weapon."
He explained.

He grimaced, remembering a few details of the brief bout of rage a little too well, "At any rate, shall we go then? Oh, I'll need to get Francesca down here as well; can't leave Liv unattended."

"What if I stay here with Liv while you get Fran, that way you can check in on your girl at the same time?"
Adjan suggested as he moved towards the door.
"Yes we should be about ready to go."

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat May 21, 2016 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Amusing spelling errors.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 21, 2016 6:39 pm

The vampire gave a big smile that did make her big blue eyes light up. "Ah thank you for your concern Sir." She said and nodded. "But I think they are aware of where I am... I might no longer have anything to do with him, but I do not want to bring more shame to his name."

"I'm not sure that anything could be done regarding your Sire but it is good to know this is not putting you or us in additional danger." Chicago was a strange place, full of vampires. As much as he did not necessarily want dealings with massasa, between Carmon and the fact that the Nephandi had entrenched themselves in every supernatural politic they could get their dirty hands into, there was no choice. Isabella was a custos, whomever had patroned her would suffer if she acted improperly. Which so far she had not and did not seem inclined to do. And anyway, she knew a lot about vampires and he could not afford to pass up first hand knowledge that might be useful in dealing with them.

"Thank you." Nate muttered softly he shivered slightly though...

"I'm going to put this on you now," he said, as much for him as for his comrades backing him up. "Please stay still."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 21, 2016 6:53 pm

"I'm not sure that anything could be done regarding your Sire but it is good to know this is not putting you or us in additional danger."

"I doubt anything can be done, I failed him, that is how it is and my continued existence is an embarrassment."
Isabella said and sigh sadly.
"If I could change the past I would but as it is there is nothing I can do. My loyalties lies with Chantry Morningstar now, I may like it or not but he is in my past."
She muttered.

"I'm going to put this on you now," he said, as much for him as for his comrades backing him up. "Please stay still."

Hayden and the old hedge wizard just nodded to you, they kept their eye on the vampire but Nate did nothing to resist you blindfolding him, he was afraid you would hurt him, but he was held securely and he did not appear to be struggling to resist either he just muttered.
"Ok..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 21, 2016 7:14 pm

"If I could change the past I would but as it is there is nothing I can do. My loyalties lies with Chantry Morningstar now, I may like it or not but he is in my past." She muttered.

"If only it were so simple, hrm? Sometimes the past has a way of walking right back into our present. At any rate, there are things I would like to discuss with you later, but right now we have to mind our time." Hell, in Colin's case, the future was walking into his present. Maybe that's what they got for sleeping in time bubbles..."Is there anything else that I should know about a vampire that claims to be a caitiff?"

Adley put the cloth across eyes and tied it securely so it would not fall off and then stepped back. "Alright Mr Vincent, sit tight and don't do anything stupid please."

To the other Flambeau, he said in Latin, "I will check with our sodalis about the plan; I should only be a moment. Then we will need to continue working on clean-up getting us out of here," he said.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 21, 2016 7:27 pm

"If only it were so simple, hrm? Sometimes the past has a way of walking right back into our present. At any rate, there are things I would like to discuss with you later, but right now we have to mind our time."

"Yeah, even living in a house full of mages, things are never simple eh Sir?"
Isabella said then she nodded.
"Yes, later, I should finish up with these phones now anyway."
She said and indicated the Nephandi's phones that lay spread out on the table in front of her.

Maybe that's what they got for sleeping in time bubbles..."Is there anything else that I should know about a vampire that claims to be a caitiff?"

"They can be anything really, Caitiff simply means someone who are not recognized as a member of a Clan, usually they are results of accidents, someone drinks to much and their victim dies and then the vampire in question can not stand leaving as a murderer so they wake them back up and abandon them since turning someone into a vampire without leave from the Prince get you executed. I could find out what Clan your man is from though, I would need a few drops of his blood and a little time but I can generally figure out the bloodline that sired him, generally though be on your guard, with a Caitiff you never know what you get."

Adley put the cloth across eyes and tied it securely so it would not fall off and then stepped back. "Alright Mr Vincent, sit tight and don't do anything stupid please."

"Do not worry Mr Theodore I am still alive due to knowing when to just sitt still and shut up, I will not try anything."
Nate assured you.

To the other Flambeau, he said in Latin, "I will check with our sodalis about the plan; I should only be a moment. Then we will need to continue working on clean-up getting us out of here," he said.

"Agreed."
Hayden said.
"Let us check on the other two and get this place checked out and cleaned up, do you want me to continue on the top floors?"

At that point the man the others had called Jacob entered the now quite crowded washroom.
"I was told my services was needed."
He said and then glanced at the vampire and spoke in Greek.
"To deal with some inconvenient memories."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Colin nodded, "The plan is solid, and from a pragmatic perspective, it's very good. It's the moral viewpoint that's going to eat at us, I fear... Kind of funny; I just explained the concept of a slippery slope to Liv. Now I wonder if that was a form of prescient sarcasm or something."
He shrugged, "I do have some tricks up my sleeve; a rote to teach and the like; I'm sure I could barter some... Being a skilled silversmith might also help; I can barter in labour as well."
He weighed the Glock in his hand, "It's... a trifle lighter than mine, but I don't think that will be enough to throw off my aim. Thank you; this should serve admirably, in the unfortunate event of being needed."
He nodded, "Sounds good - I'll fetch Francesca, and you... why don't you ask Mr. Horton about the clinic's layout while you wait? We'll want to have some idea about the escape routes, after all..."
He nudged the door open again, and stepped back into the living room, "Mr. Horton, I believe the two of us shall volunteer for retreiving the Fallen. If you'll pardon me, I've got to visit the infirmary first, to fetch our Chantrymate there, and ask the Mercere boy there to deliver a quick message for me. If you might fill in Mr. Terach regarding the clinic's layout while I'm upstairs, that would be convenient. Er, come to think of it, how far away is that clinic, anyway?"

((OOC: Awww, and I missed the amusing spelling errors while I was at the D&D game at Outland. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 22, 2016 4:12 am

Colin nodded, "The plan is solid, and from a pragmatic perspective, it's very good. It's the moral viewpoint that's going to eat at us, I fear... Kind of funny; I just explained the concept of a slippery slope to Liv. Now I wonder if that was a form of prescient sarcasm or something."

"I have found Colin that reality tend to have a dark sense of humor."
Adjan said and sigh.
"But this is less of a slippery slope and more of the negative side that comes with such thing as zero tolerance policies, where we have a response that might be sensible in most cases but then there are individuals where that response is unjust and that is when we get into morally murky waters."

He shrugged, "I do have some tricks up my sleeve; a rote to teach and the like; I'm sure I could barter some... Being a skilled silversmith might also help; I can barter in labour as well."

"Well then I can certainly give you the name and number of the Master of Matter that I know that are able to make Primium, he is a member of the Sons of Ether."

He weighed the Glock in his hand, "It's... a trifle lighter than mine, but I don't think that will be enough to throw off my aim. Thank you; this should serve admirably, in the unfortunate event of being needed."

"Yes we do arm ourselves in the hope it will not be needed."
Adjan agreed then he nodded.
"Good, well those three clips are all the ammunition I have with me for that weapon though, like I said I prefer to use knives myself, through a gun is good to have at a distance."

He nodded, "Sounds good - I'll fetch Francesca, and you... why don't you ask Mr. Horton about the clinic's layout while you wait? We'll want to have some idea about the escape routes, after all..."

The Euthanatos nodded at that.
"That sounds like a good idea Colin I will talk with Mr Horton while you get Fran."

He nudged the door open again, and stepped back into the living room, "Mr. Horton, I believe the two of us shall volunteer for retreiving the Fallen. If you'll pardon me, I've got to visit the infirmary first, to fetch our Chantrymate there, and ask the Mercere boy there to deliver a quick message for me. If you might fill in Mr. Terach regarding the clinic's layout while I'm upstairs, that would be convenient. Er, come to think of it, how far away is that clinic, anyway?"

"Certainly I can even draw up the floor plan."
Alex said and nodded in agreement.
"You are going after the Fallen then, remember I do request that there are as little violence as the clinic as possible."
The man said then he considered.
"How far the clinic is, well it is at the outskirts of the city, give or take an half an hour drive.""

(OOC: And now you will never know what they where. Razz I hope you had fun.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 22, 2016 10:07 am

"They can be anything really...generally though be on your guard, with a Caitiff you never know what you get."

"He said he thought it was a Toreador; then again, I don't know that I want to take blood off of him just to find out. He's been cooperating and if the most sound advice is to be on guard as he is something of an unknown, then we shall take that into consideration. Thank you for your assistance, I won't keep you from your tasks."

He was about to reply to Hayden when Jacob came in. He gave the man a nod. "Yes," he replied back in Greek. He gestured towards the door, as it was getting crowded in the tiny room. Not too far but far enough that they would not be easily overheard. "Forgive me lack of introduction, sodalis, I shall gladly do so when we have settled things. It would be best if this vampire did not have very clear memories of us or what has transpired here when we part company. Is it possible to mute them or remove them before we leave so that details cannot be compelled or extracted from him, if he should be recaptured? I do not know if he has any mental capabilities," he added, "but he is blindfolded in the event he possesses some that allow vampires to influence others' minds through eye contact."

He hastily dug out his phone and read the message from Adjan, frowning a little with furrowed brows. He'd thought the chickens were a metaphor, but apparently not.  He sent a quick note to Jerome: 'have you found chickens' then gave Jacob an apologetic look.

//hope your game was fun!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 22, 2016 10:15 am

Colin sighed, "Yes... Dark humour might be it..."
He nodded, "I'd appreciate that - if you could put me in touch with him after we get home, that should be soon enough."
He smiled wryly, "I have a couple of spare magazines for my own pistol - they magazines won't fit yours, of course, but the ammunition is the same, so I have... some thirty rounds extra there, give or take. Reloading the magazines is easy enough."

He nodded to Alex, "Quite... We have a serum which will suppress a Mage's Avatar; if we could have a nurse dose him with that before anyone goes in to capture him, that will at least prevent him from hurling prime bolts at anyone... It is distasteful, but it should work. Right, I shouldn't take more than a few minutes, probably..."

He hurried back to the infirmary to look for Dan and Francesca.

((OOC: Oh, I had fun. And now I have the 5th Ed DMG and Monster Manual - now I can write my own mindfucky adventures for the organized games. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 22, 2016 10:54 am

Adley:

"He said he thought it was a Toreador; then again, I don't know that I want to take blood off of him just to find out. He's been cooperating and if the most sound advice is to be on guard as he is something of an unknown, then we shall take that into consideration. Thank you for your assistance, I won't keep you from your tasks."

"It might be a wise decision and yes my advice is just to be alert."
Isabella said then she nodded and turned her attention back to the phones on the table.
"Any time Sir."

He was about to reply to Hayden when Jacob came in. He gave the man a nod. "Yes," he replied back in Greek. He gestured towards the door, as it was getting crowded in the tiny room. Not too far but far enough that they would not be easily overheard.

Jacob nodded and headed out of the little wash room and waited for you until you joined him outside in the main room, the cellar was not that big so you could probably still be overheard, but not that easily as inside the crowded laundry room.

"Forgive me lack of introduction, sodalis, I shall gladly do so when we have settled things. It would be best if this vampire did not have very clear memories of us or what has transpired here when we part company. Is it possible to mute them or remove them before we leave so that details cannot be compelled or extracted from him, if he should be recaptured? I do not know if he has any mental capabilities," he added, "but he is blindfolded in the event he possesses some that allow vampires to influence others' minds through eye contact."

"It is perfectly understandable Sodalis."
The older mage said about the lack of introductions.
"Vampires are hard to affect and make it stick, they are so static that any new matters seldom take room but yes I can do it. I can remove his memory of the last few hours, he will wake up feeling a bit disoriented and probably assume he got injured in a fight, that would be the easiest option, though also the one most likely to be countered if our enemies get to him. The second option is to make his memories more hazy, he will remember everything but not names and faces, such a subtle manipulation will take more effort to do but be far more difficult to remove as it will integrate with his mind better."
The Master of Mind explained.
"I am unsure however which option would be best."

He hastily dug out his phone and read the message from Adjan, frowning a little with furrowed brows. He'd thought the chickens were a metaphor, but apparently not.  He sent a quick note to Jerome: 'have you found chickens' then gave Jacob an apologetic look.

Jacob just gave a sigh.
"Ah modern contraptions."
Was all he said when you wrote a text message, he did not seam to be annoyed or angry by the interruption though.

You get a message back from Jerome.
"Ah W's pets, yeah I had a look outside in the garden, they appear to be fine, they are a little spooked but fine."

Colin:

Colin sighed, "Yes... Dark humour might be it..."

"Well the Consensus do seam to have a talent for it."
Adjan said and grinned.

He nodded, "I'd appreciate that - if you could put me in touch with him after we get home, that should be soon enough."

"I will do so Colin."
The death magus agreed.

He smiled wryly, "I have a couple of spare magazines for my own pistol - they magazines won't fit yours, of course, but the ammunition is the same, so I have... some thirty rounds extra there, give or take. Reloading the magazines is easy enough."

"Well let us hope you do not have to use thirty rounds on anything around here, we originally went to Chicago to deal with a corrupted node and rescue a kidnapped apprentice, not start a war."
The Euthanatos muttered.
"Then again by how things have been going lately you never know."

He nodded to Alex, "Quite... We have a serum which will suppress a Mage's Avatar; if we could have a nurse dose him with that before anyone goes in to capture him, that will at least prevent him from hurling prime bolts at anyone... It is distasteful, but it should work. Right, I shouldn't take more than a few minutes, probably..."

"The Avatar or a mage's ability to interact with it. I would not put it on one of our nurses to do anything that affect an Avatar directly."
Alex said hesitantly.
"It affect a mage's ability to interact with their Avatar, stops their ability to draw on Quintessence from their Avatars the way I understand it, the serum do not affect the Avatars themselves Mr Horton."
Adjan assured him and Alex nodded.
"Very well I am sure I can arrange that."
He agreed.

He hurried back to the infirmary to look for Dan and Francesca.

You get to the infirmary. The Mercere woman that had been sleeping when you where there last where awake now and where sipping some water. Dan still sat by the bedside of his mentor, Wolfgang was still staring into nothing. Freddy where sleeping soundly and Francesca sat in a chair by her bed watching over her. The Euthanatos rose as you came in and walked over to you.
"Do you need anything Mr Wainwright?"
She asked politely.

(OOC: Ah new RPG books always nice, I have considered getting the 5th ed books but I do not play D&D very much I tend to go for Warhammer or Earthdawn when I play typical fantasy games. I did get one of the villain books for Champions yesterday though.)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun May 22, 2016 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added something.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 22, 2016 11:34 am

Colin sighed. Why did the little bit of magic accepted by the Consensus have to be so infuriating?
He grinned wryly, "Well, if push does come to shove, I can always blow up the node on Sears Tower. That should certainly send the war off to a running start. Best... keep that plan next to Operation Unthinkable, though..."

He nodded to Alex, "What he said; the serum is a suppressant, not... bottled flaying. A former victim of this bottle was able to crystalize tass perfectly well after the effect receded, no harm done to the Avatar."

He nodded to Francesca, "It seems the fugitive from the post office has been spotted... Adjan and I will be joining the effort to retrieve him, and we need you back to keep an eye on Miss Bergen. I just have to ask the Mercere kid for a favour first; a message to be delivered."
He stepped over to Dan, "Mr Van Maaz? You promised me 'anything you could do'... I need a small favour. A message delivered; by telephone will be fine - in fact, probably preferable, but I would recommend not using a number that can be traced directly back to you or this Chantry..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 22, 2016 11:55 am

Colin sighed. Why did the little bit of magic accepted by the Consensus have to be so infuriating?

"I ask myself that everyday my good man, every day."
Adjan said with a wry smile.

He grinned wryly, "Well, if push does come to shove, I can always blow up the node on Sears Tower. That should certainly send the war off to a running start. Best... keep that plan next to Operation Unthinkable, though..."

"Yes let us not start blowing thing up just yet, and besides the Sears tower is home to more than vampires, allot of sleepers work there, let us not put anyone in danger."
The Euthanatos frowned.
"That if we could take out just the Node and not the building that would certainly be a boon for us."

He nodded to Alex, "What he said; the serum is a suppressant, not... bottled flaying. A former victim of this bottle was able to crystalize tass perfectly well after the effect receded, no harm done to the Avatar."

"Good, the nurses are not Traditionalists, I would not want them to have to carry something bad with them for the rest of their lives, they are good men and women who give freely of their own time to help other Awakened."
Alex explained.

He nodded to Francesca, "It seems the fugitive from the post office has been spotted... Adjan and I will be joining the effort to retrieve him, and we need you back to keep an eye on Miss Bergen. I just have to ask the Mercere kid for a favour first; a message to be delivered."

Francesca nodded.
"Very well I will look after the little darling, Freddy should be sleeping comfortably for a few hours anyway."
She said and glanced at her Cabalmate, it was clear she would have preferred to stay with her.
"I have to inform the rest of the Cabal that Freddy was hurt, though hopefully she will be back on her feet soon."
She muttered and sounded concerned.
"Well I will see you down in the sitting room then Mr Wainwright."
The young death magus said and after she had gone to gently kiss Freddy on the forehead and made sure she was well tucked in she headed for the door after nodding to the nurse that looked after the patients.

He stepped over to Dan, "Mr Van Maaz? You promised me 'anything you could do'... I need a small favour. A message delivered; by telephone will be fine - in fact, probably preferable, but I would recommend not using a number that can be traced directly back to you or this Chantry..."

"Yes...off course Sir...him something untraceable, I can get a burner phone or go some distance from Morningstar and use a pay phone."
The young Mercere agreed.
"What is the message Sir and who am I sending it to, it will be no bother."
He said and offered a tired smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 22, 2016 12:34 pm

Colin nodded to Francesca, "Thank you... I, too, would prefer sitting with Freddy, but duty calls, and we must answer."

He sat down with Dan and quickly scribbled down a note, "Dear Miss Tumar. My name is Wainwright, I was involved in rescuing Molly Aydogan from Nephandi captivity. Unfortunately, it turned out she was an undiscovered widderslainte - a so-called crime with the most severe punishment. She was placed under arrest, but the prisoner transport was intercepted, and she is currently protected at location unknown. I am sorry I cannot explain in further detail at this point, as I must see a patient at a walk-in Mage clinic on the edge of town."
He handed it to Dan, along with Tessa Tumar's contact information, "This is the message; please deliver it verbatim, then burn the message. The recipient is a vampire - a so-called Toreador. That is why I ask you to deliver it by telephone rather than in person. If she has any questions, I'll leave any answers up to your better judgment. It rather is unfortunate that I cannot speak with her personally, but my phone is dead and I don't have the time to find her."

Afterwards, he walked quietly over to Freddy and gave her a kiss on the forehead, gently stroking the side of her face, and hurried back down to the sitting room.

((OOC: Straight up Manipulation roll to suggest to Dan and Dan alone that Colin wants the vampire to intercept him on the way, without actually saying so... 2,3,9. I hope that's enough... If not, the message should still get delivered, and the promise kept.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 22, 2016 1:16 pm

Colin nodded to Francesca, "Thank you... I, too, would prefer sitting with Freddy, but duty calls, and we must answer."

"Yes indeed duty calls."
Francesca said and sigh.
"Well at least she is in good hands here and Mrs Knox says that all Freddy needs now is sleep until her mind sort itself out."

He sat down with Dan and quickly scribbled down a note, "Dear Miss Tumar. My name is Wainwright, I was involved in rescuing Molly Aydogan from Nephandi captivity. Unfortunately, it turned out she was an undiscovered widderslainte - a so-called crime with the most severe punishment. She was placed under arrest, but the prisoner transport was intercepted, and she is currently protected at location unknown. I am sorry I cannot explain in further detail at this point, as I must see a patient at a walk-in Mage clinic on the edge of town."

Dan nodded. If you show him what your are writing he will say the following, if not ignore it.
"I will tell Miss Tumar Sir. May I make one suggestion though, if the one who is to get this message is not a mage she might not know what Nephandi or widderslainte is so the message might be confusing."
The boy said politely.
"Perhaps saying the enemies of our faction might be better at least for Nephandi as the word is not likely to mean something to a person that from what you are saying is not themselves a mage of the Traditions."

He handed it to Dan, along with Tessa Tumar's contact information, "This is the message; please deliver it verbatim, then burn the message. The recipient is a vampire - a so-called Toreador. That is why I ask you to deliver it by telephone rather than in person. If she has any questions, I'll leave any answers up to your better judgment. It rather is unfortunate that I cannot speak with her personally, but my phone is dead and I don't have the time to find her."

"Very well Sir I will get it done immediately."
The young Mercere said and nodded.
"I do not think I have ever spoken with a vampire if you do not count the one that this Chantry rescued and that live here."
He said and gave you a nod.
"Will there be anything else Sir?"

Afterwards, he walked quietly over to Freddy and gave her a kiss on the forehead, gently stroking the side of her face, and hurried back down to the sitting room.

Freddy was sleeping deeply, now that she had finally fallen asleep the sedatives where working and her breath was deep and even, she sensed you where there though for her lips curled into a little smile when you touched her, though she continued sleeping.

You get back to the sitting room. Adjan was busy checking his weapons while Alex Horton was drawing up a sketch of a two story building that had to be the clinic, he looked up when you came in.
"Are you ready for us to go and speak with Chief Joakim Mr Wainwright?"
He asked. You see that Francesca is already here and she have found a blanket to put around Liv who was still sleeping in the armchair she had been sitting in.

(OOC: It is hard to know if Dan get the message but he might be, at least he get in a hurry to go and deliver it which might indicate that yes he have gotten it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 22, 2016 2:16 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "This vampire is a long-time patron of the musical arts, and a personal friend of a Mage. She might well understand the general meaning, if not the words. If necessary, surely you can elaborate?"
He smiled and shook his head, "Nothing further, just be quick, but careful."

He entered the sitting room wearing what on anyone else would have blossomed into a full-fledged goofy grin, "Yes, now I am ready to go. I just needed to keep a promise that had slipped my mind in the hassle with preparing for the attack on the post office. I don't suppose either of you has one of those convenient charge packs for an iPhone?"

((OOC: Well, anything less subtle would increase the risk of discovery. If an angry and concerned Toreador intercepts the group now demanding answers, it'll be hard to prove Colin or Dan meddled... And Colin can truthfully say he didn't ask the vampire to show up. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 22, 2016 4:25 pm

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "This vampire is a long-time patron of the musical arts, and a personal friend of a Mage. She might well understand the general meaning, if not the words. If necessary, surely you can elaborate?"

"I understand Sir, very well, I will elaborate for her if the lady do not understand the meaning of your words."
The young Mercere agreed.
"I will see to it that the message is delivered word for word then."

He smiled and shook his head, "Nothing further, just be quick, but careful."

"I will Sir and you as well."
Dan said, he adjusted his mentor's covers and gave the older Redcap's hand a light squeeze before he said.
"I will be right back Mentor, rest in the meantime."
Then Dan gave you a slight bow and left the infirmary to head out and deliver your message.

He entered the sitting room wearing what on anyone else would have blossomed into a full-fledged goofy grin, "Yes, now I am ready to go. I just needed to keep a promise that had slipped my mind in the hassle with preparing for the attack on the post office. I don't suppose either of you has one of those convenient charge packs for an iPhone?"

"I do."
Francesca said and rummaged through her teddy bear purse for a moment before she found what she was looking for and handed you a iPhone charger.
"Now you two be careful out there, the last thing we need is for anyone else to get injured."
She said sounding concerned.

Alex stood and handed Adjan the drawing of the clinic's floor plan, the Euthanatos looked it over then handed it to you.
"We should probably speak with Chief Joakim then and perhaps get some backup with us in case this Nephandus is not going to come peacefully."
He suggested he nodded to Francesca and headed towards the door.

(OOC: Colin is sneaky. The question is if the Toreador can find him.))
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 22, 2016 5:31 pm

The older mage said about the lack of introductions. "Vampires are hard to affect and make it stick, they are so static that any new matters seldom take room but yes I can do it...The Master of Mind explained. "I am unsure however which option would be best."

"It would probably suit our purposes better if his memories were hazy, so that he was not completely afraid of us if we have to do this before we transport him. It wouldn't do any good to go to the trouble just for him to freak out because he got his memory erased completely and didn't know what the hell was going on, it could render him more dangerous to himself and us. Plus he would be less likely to try to come to Chicago or figure out what happened to him if he had some notion it all went to hell but he got out alive."

Jacob just gave a sigh. "Ah modern contraptions." Was all he said when you wrote a text message...

He gave him a faint smile, thinking of his pater. Of course, this man looked a good deal younger but that did not mean anything given longevity magick. He supposed his facility with them dated him as the younger generation, much like anyone younger than he, used to the ubiquousness of cell phones, computers and other 'modern contraptinons. But he was using 'talking stones' for another use, literally talking with the Earth elementals.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 22, 2016 5:41 pm

"It would probably suit our purposes better if his memories were hazy, so that he was not completely afraid of us if we have to do this before we transport him. It wouldn't do any good to go to the trouble just for him to freak out because he got his memory erased completely and didn't know what the hell was going on, it could render him more dangerous to himself and us. Plus he would be less likely to try to come to Chicago or figure out what happened to him if he had some notion it all went to hell but he got out alive."

"I could do that, implanting memories but that is even harder, the mind tend to fight it tooth and nail, what I recommend is to make it hazy, he will remember everything, but not be able to remember our names or faces."
The older Hermetic recommends.
"Having him just remember that it all went to hell is actually harder than hazing out faces."
He explained.
"In either case the rote will not hurt him but it will confuse him, it might be easier if he was knocked out so that I could work on him while he was unconscious."
Jacob said.

Isabella suddenly turned around from where she was standing with the phones.
"Excuse me but one of these phones, the one belonging to the leader I think, Gabriel was it, suddently got a message."
She said as she headed over to you and Jacob.
"Can any of you read this, for I can not and I speak seven languages."
She said and handed held out a old, tired blackberry phone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 22, 2016 5:49 pm

"Having him just remember that it all went to hell is actually harder than hazing out faces." He explained. "In either case the rote will not hurt him but it will confuse him, it might be easier if he was knocked out so that I could work on him while he was unconscious."

"Hrm, no I didn't mean creating false memories. More as you said, making them unclear. If he will be very confused though we might need to wait a bit till we are ready to clear I don't want to have to deal with him being confused enough to try to escape." He looked thoughtful. "How would one render a vampire unconscious? I did not wish to stake him and anyway they are not exactly unconscious in that state, they feel a great deal of pain and distress until they sort of fall into an inert state."

Isabella suddenly turned around from where she was standing with the phones. "Excuse me but one of these phones, the one belonging to the leader I think, Gabriel was it, suddently got a message." She said as she headed over to you and Jacob. "Can any of you read this, for I can not and I speak seven languages."

"Hm...let's see, shall we?" He glanced at Jacob and then Isabella. Most Hermetics spoke a good handful of languages even if they were not of House Shea, Latin, Greek, and often Hebrew. He supposed he should not be surprised an ex-Tremere could.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 22, 2016 6:39 pm

"Hrm, no I didn't mean creating false memories. More as you said, making them unclear. If he will be very confused though we might need to wait a bit till we are ready to clear I don't want to have to deal with him being confused enough to try to escape."

"It vary from person to person how confused they will be but there will be some confusion, the rote should not take to long though so I should be able to do it in the car on the way to wherever we are dropping him off."
Jacob said.

He looked thoughtful. "How would one render a vampire unconscious? I did not wish to stake him and anyway they are not exactly unconscious in that state, they feel a great deal of pain and distress until they sort of fall into an inert state."

"No, no a staked vampire is fully conscious and aware of their surroundings. Hitting them over the head tend to work, I do not know why but it do, though they are never out for long."
The Tytalus said and nodded.
"The butt of a gun to the skull tend to do the trick."

"Hm...let's see, shall we?" He glanced at Jacob and then Isabella. Most Hermetics spoke a good handful of languages even if they were not of House Shea, Latin, Greek, and often Hebrew. He supposed he should not be surprised an ex-Tremere could.

Jacob nodded letting you have a look at the phone first, the message was in Enochian, or rather mundane Enochian, there was a magickal component to the language only mages could learn, and several levels of complexity but there where also a mundane component to it. The message read:

"Gabriel what the fuck is going on over there? Do you have the package? I got a notis from Warden to stand ready and then nothing. If I do not get a reply from you I am sending in a strike team. Damned it you know we got hit earlier today and one of my apprentices are unaccounted for, the bloody Traditionalists are getting more aggressive, so is everything alright over there?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Colin plugged his phone into the charge pack, "Thank you, Francesca... I need to get me one of these, as well. I guess you never know when you'll need to spend a few days away from home in an afternoon."
He looked at the floor plan, "I'm guessing the second floor has fire escapes here and here," he pointed, "are those fire escapes ladders or stairs?"
He frowned, "Several ground floor windows, back door and front entrance... it's going to be a bit tricky covering the entire place efficiently, isn't it?"

((OOC: I'm going to assume Francesca actually gave Colin a power pack, and not just a charging cable?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 22, 2016 7:00 pm

Colin plugged his phone into the charge pack, "Thank you, Francesca... I need to get me one of these, as well. I guess you never know when you'll need to spend a few days away from home in an afternoon."

"I just carry a spare charger with me in my bag just in case."
Francesca said and smiled.
"It have come in handy a few times already."

He looked at the floor plan, "I'm guessing the second floor has fire escapes here and here," he pointed, "are those fire escapes ladders or stairs?"

"They are ladders Mr Wainwright, this is a regular villa that we have just re-purposed as a clinic."
Alex Horton said. You see that there are a kitchen, three small bedroom, a sitting room and a examination room on the first floor, five more small bed rooms, a surgery and a break room on the second floor, three storage rooms in the attic, more storage rooms, two small bedrooms and a laundry down in the basement.

He frowned, "Several ground floor windows, back door and front entrance... it's going to be a bit tricky covering the entire place efficiently, isn't it?"

"Yes I would say that would not be easy, and there is a garden and several sheds around the main building."
Alex said.
"There is a front door here, as well as a back door in the kitchen."
He said and pointed to the drawing.

(OOC: Yes the entire thing you need to plug in the wall and then plug your phone into to get it charged.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 22, 2016 7:24 pm

Colin nodded, "Still, ladders are easier to cover from the ground than stairs can be... Presumably, the patient would be in one of these bedrooms, then, unless he's still in surgery. Well, I'm sure Chief Joakim can provide some suitable means of covering the perimeter. Hopefully not involving Mr. Devereux."

((OOC: No, I meant something like this - http://www.techradar.com/us/news/phone-and-communications/other-phones/best-portable-battery-10-top-portable-batteries-for-smartphones-and-tablets-1245204 - a power pack, not just a charger.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 22, 2016 7:38 pm

"It vary from person to person how confused they will be but there will be some confusion, the rote should not take to long though so I should be able to do it in the car on the way to wherever we are dropping him off." Jacob said.

"Good."

"No, no a staked vampire is fully conscious and aware of their surroundings. Hitting them over the head tend to work, I do not know why but it do, though they are never out for long." The Tytalus said and nodded. "The butt of a gun to the skull tend to do the trick.

"Well, if we must do that, then we shall."

"Gabriel what the fuck is going on over there? Do you have the package? I got a notis from Warden to stand ready and then nothing. If I do not get a reply from you I am sending in a strike team. Damned it you know we got hit earlier today and one of my apprentices are unaccounted for, the bloody Traditionalists are getting more aggressive, so is everything alright over there?"

"Well shit, it appears their boss wants a status update and otherwise there's a strike team coming." Abigail...was this her, after all? It seemed so, being so concerned for their apprentice though Martha was hardly the only one that had lost one. "Have to tell her something to stall the time, that we're still torturing the prisoners to get it...I want to know if something comes through the umbra again...and we need to get ready in case she doesn't buy it...they must not get that package." His mind kicked over into high gear. The strike team would not have Abigail on it, it would only be a waste of time and possibly hurt everyone, and lose the package to boot.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next