Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

4 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Still, ladders are easier to cover from the ground than stairs can be... Presumably, the patient would be in one of these bedrooms, then, unless he's still in surgery. Well, I'm sure Chief Joakim can provide some suitable means of covering the perimeter. Hopefully not involving Mr. Devereux."

"If the patient needed surgery he will be in one of the bedrooms on the top floor, if he was not that badly hurt he will be on the first."
Alex said.
"Yes I assume that it would be easier to cover ladders than stairs, even so covering all possible exists would be hard."

Adley:

"Well, if we must do that, then we shall."

"We do not have to but it do make the changes to his mind easier."
Jacob said.
"And it is probably easier for the prisoner as well to wake up with a bit of a headache and fuzzy memories than to feel me rummaging around in his mind, my rote will not hurt but it can be disconcerting.

"Well shit, it appears their boss wants a status update and otherwise there's a strike team coming." Abigail...was this her, after all? It seemed so, being so concerned for their apprentice though Martha was hardly the only one that had lost one.

"Well shit, this is the last thing we needed."
Jacob said and frowned.

"Have to tell her something to stall the time, that we're still torturing the prisoners to get it...I want to know if something comes through the umbra again...and we need to get ready in case she doesn't buy it...they must not get that package."

"Tell the Nephandus something young man while I set up some wards, Miss Jarden please contact Hayden and have him alert the others, warn them that trouble might be coming."
Jacob said and Isabella nodded and picked up her phone to call Hayden. Jacob took out a wax tablet from his coat pocket and begun to inscribe it.
"This should give us some warning and them some trouble getting though."
The Tytalus muttered before he started his working.
"We should warn Morningstar we might get incoming trouble as well."

(OOC: Sure Francesca might have a battery pack, you get handed one of those.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Warpmind Mon May 23, 2016 8:28 am

Colin pondered, "Well, we need to maximize efficiency for whoever go - we can't bring an army; whoever covers the exits need to do so from a good angle to see... well, I suppose four people outside, situated at the corners would have all the coverage needed - and line of sight to one another, as well, to come running with backup. Right, so, we go talk to the Chief, then?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 23, 2016 8:41 am

"Yes for people outside do sound like a good idea."
Adjan said.
"It will not be perfect coverage but it should do nicely and not be so many as to immediately create a stir."
The Euthanatos said and Alex nodded.

"Yes we should talk with Chief Joakim."
Alex Horton said and lead the way, Adjan followed him after giving Francesca a polite nod. You get down to the Security Chief's office and Alex knock on the door, there is soon a reply from within.
"Yes enter."
Alex opens the door and walks in and Adjan follow him into the office as well. Joakim sit behind his desk going over several sheets of paper.
"Ah gentlemen, what can I do for you?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 23, 2016 11:03 am

Colin nodded, "Not perfect coverage, but adequate and subtle. No need to make the place look surrounded; Sleepers might wonder what's going on, and we can ill afford that..."

He bowed quickly to Joakim, "Good evening, Sir... As you may be aware, one Fallen escaped the post office during the counterstrike... According to Mr. Horton here, he showed up at a clinic and checked in. We may have to retrieve him."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 23, 2016 11:13 am

"Agreed."
Adjan said and nodded.
"The coverage will be adequate and limit how much of a spectacle we make of ourselves. We will have to ask the Chief for three more men or women then to take with us to have one person to go in and the other four to over the building on the outside."
He commented.

Joakim look at you as you speak then he glances at Alex that nods.
"Hum, some luck might just be on our side after all, perhaps this escapee have some information for us. Alright then what do you need to go and get him Mr Wainwright? We need to move quickly as if I where in this man's shoes I would not stay anywhere to long."
He commented.
"I assume we are talking about the clinic you are running Mr Horton?"
He asked and Alex nodded at that.
"Yes it is my clinic Sir, or rather mine and a few others."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 23, 2016 11:58 am

Colin nodded, "I think four people will be enough, to cover the exterior. We... have a slightly unethical plan; slip him a dose of the suppressant," He held up the serum bottle, "which, if properly administered by a nurse or doctor under the pretense of pain relief or something similar should ensure we avoid stray prime bolts skittering through the clinic. We will want to avoid collateral damage as far as at all possible, and while it's a cruel thing, it seems our best bet..."
He sighed, "The thing is, we don't actually know whether or not he is, in fact, Fallen; we know he was with the Nephandi at the post office, but he ran away instead of blowing my head off, and he got beaten up by his leader for protesting excessive torture... If we could avoid Mr. Devereux' assistance, that would probably be for the best. If possible, someone who can subdue someone without inflicting further injury - sleeper holds and the like."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 23, 2016 12:12 pm

Colin nodded, "I think four people will be enough, to cover the exterior. We... have a slightly unethical plan; slip him a dose of the suppressant," He held up the serum bottle, "which, if properly administered by a nurse or doctor under the pretense of pain relief or something similar should ensure we avoid stray prime bolts skittering through the clinic. We will want to avoid collateral damage as far as at all possible, and while it's a cruel thing, it seems our best bet..."

Joakim nodded at that.
"Hum very well I will send some people with you, the plan is a decent one. Mr Horton are there any other patients at the clinic at the moment?"
The hedge wizard asked and the Etherite nodded.
"Yes Sir, a unaffiliated Orphan woman and someone that came in with lacerations that seams very hard to heal, we never ask what someone is but I suspect he is a werewolf that for some reason did not go to his own for help."
He said and Joakim nodded again.
"Very well, I am sending Rosario Dane and Qeb Morai with the three to you, what else do you need?"
The Security Chief asked sounding as if he wanted this retrieval on the way as soon as possible.
"And you are sure that serum will work Mr Wainwright?"
He asked.

He sighed, "The thing is, we don't actually know whether or not he is, in fact, Fallen; we know he was with the Nephandi at the post office, but he ran away instead of blowing my head off, and he got beaten up by his leader for protesting excessive torture... If we could avoid Mr. Devereux' assistance, that would probably be for the best.

"Well Fallen or not we need to bring him in and have a talk with him, but indeed I want this man in a condition to actually talk so let us try to get this thing underway without informing Mr Devereux at all Mr Wainwright, the two I am sending with you should be enough. Miss Dane is a Cultist of Ecstasy, the sister of the woman your group managed to save and then loose earlier this evening, she used archery as a foci so she should be useful. Mr Morai is a Hermetic of House Tytalus, still an apprentice but skilled enough."
The hedge wizard informed you.

If possible, someone who can subdue someone without inflicting further injury - sleeper holds and the like."

"I have seen Miss Dane handle a tranquilizer gun quite efficiently and she is a student of Life and Mind, I am sure she should be able to help."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Colin nodded, "I am... sufficiently confident in its efficacy. It is the same bottle that was used on Molly Aydogan, when the lady downstairs held her prisoner; the serum should work just as well on any Mage. It only lasts for about 24 hours, though, but should have no ill effects aside from blocking magic."
He frowned, "Two might be a little... well, ideally, the man will already be magically subdued, so two watchers posted at opposing corners should pretty much have full visual coverage of the building, even if direct visual communication is hampered. Sounds like we have a sufficient party. We will, of course, need a vehicle... A van or something similar, with room for six people?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 23, 2016 12:47 pm

Colin nodded, "I am... sufficiently confident in its efficacy. It is the same bottle that was used on Molly Aydogan, when the lady downstairs held her prisoner; the serum should work just as well on any Mage. It only lasts for about 24 hours, though, but should have no ill effects aside from blocking magic."

"Very well, it is a sound plan then."
Joakim said and nodded.
"Though off course it will put the nurse in danger if the Nephandus where to suspect what she was trying to do to him?"

He frowned, "Two might be a little... well, ideally, the man will already be magically subdued, so two watchers posted at opposing corners should pretty much have full visual coverage of the building, even if direct visual communication is hampered. Sounds like we have a sufficient party.

"Very well I will contact Miss Dane and Mr Morai."
The Security Chief said as he picked up his phone to send a few texts.

We will, of course, need a vehicle... A van or something similar, with room for six people?"

"Hum...Mirri our chef drives a van. I will ask the good lady if you can borrow it."
He commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 23, 2016 12:57 pm

Colin nodded, frowning, "This is true. Nevertheless, I believe it offers the best chance of a nonviolent solution. We will, of course, have to wait outside the room and be ready for trouble. And, naturally, we can't just order a nurse to take the risk without fair warning. It will have to be someone making the informed decision to risk themselves in that manner. I couldn't do it - he'll recognize my face. Mr. Horton or Mr. Terach here, on the other hand, could well pull it off, without the need for a regular nurse."
He grinned, "My goodness, Sir, it feels like I've been unduly imposing on your dear chef's graces for close to three days now. Is there no end to the wonders she can provide?"

Last edited by Warpmind on Mon May 23, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Oh, oopsie. O.o)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 23, 2016 2:35 pm

Colin nodded, frowning, "This is true. Nevertheless, I believe it offers the best chance of a nonviolent solution. We will, of course, have to wait outside the room and be ready for trouble.

The Security Chief nodded.
"As long as you are aware that the Nephandus will be desperate not to be captured, also most of the time when we are close to capturing one of the Fallen they manage to take their own life before get can get them under control, and we need this man alive so we can have a word with him."

naturally, we can't just order a nurse to take the risk without fair warning. It will have to be someone making the informed decision to risk themselves in that manner. I couldn't do it - he'll recognize my face. Mr. Horton or Mr. Terach here, on the other hand, could well pull it off, without the need for a regular nurse."

"I will do it."
Alex said and sigh.
"I do not like it but I do work at the clinic so me coming to check up on him should not be to suspicious, it is better than risking anyone else."
The Etherite turned towards Colin and asked.
"You said this boy had a Prime bolt ready, so we know he is at least an Initiate of Prime, do we know anything else about his magickal abilities?"

He grinned, "My goodness, Sir, it feels like I've been unduly imposing on your dead chef's graces for close to three days now. Is there no end to the wonders she can provide?"

"Mirri is quite the woman."
Joakim said and made a bit of a smile.
"She even run a bakery in town, through co locating between her job here and her small cafe, I am sure she will not mind lending you her van though it is made for making deliveries for her bakery and taking the apprentices of the Chantry on field trips, it is not the most fancy of cars."
He informed you but it was clear from how he spoke that he was fond of Mirri.

(OOC: I hope that is dear chef or everyone at Morningstar will be very sad. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 23, 2016 3:26 pm

Colin stroked the bridge of his nose, "And that desperation is why the rest of us will be waiting immediately outside the door to subdue him once the serum kicks in. I am given to understand it is extremely fast-acting; more so than most tranquilizers. Desperate strength, certainly, but I expect he'll be too confused to make efficient use of the adrenaline surge to pose as much of a problem as he might otherwise. A live capture should be vastly easier if he is temporarily incapacitated than, well..."
He sighed, "I don't know his magical abilities, but I would be willing to wager he is not more than Initiate of anything. Considering that he protested his leader's torture of both the Deacon Primus of the post office and the Tremere agent sent to aid them, he's not fully... indoctrinated in the Nephandi's outlook on life, seeing as he got quite brutally bludgeoned by said leader for his insolence suggests that he has little in the way of quick defences of any kind... and his need to visit the clinic rather heavily implies a lack of ability to magically heal himself. Based on the observed evidence, I would hazard he is more decent than powerful... which rather makes the whole matter a bit distasteful, if you don't mind my saying; he did spare my life at the post office, when he had the upper hand, yet when I am in the same situation, I don't have that luxury... Still, demands of the service, and all that."
He grinned and gave Joakim a wink, "Quite; I suspect the Deacons of Steelhaven might be more than willing to shelter me from the diplomatic fallout, were I to recruit her to Boston instead... but then, it's the decidedly undiplomatic fallout that would give me cause for concern, is it not?"

((OOC: Oh, oopsie - yeah, fixed the typo. Wonder how that one slipped by me? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Colin stroked the bridge of his nose, "And that desperation is why the rest of us will be waiting immediately outside the door to subdue him once the serum kicks in. I am given to understand it is extremely fast-acting; more so than most tranquilizers. Desperate strength, certainly, but I expect he'll be too confused to make efficient use of the adrenaline surge to pose as much of a problem as he might otherwise.

"If it is the same foul stuff that the Union use then yes that is very fast acting, something I myself got to experience when I got a hit by a dart an most embarrassing place a few years ago."
Joakim said and frowned.
"I still managed to get away, they did not expect a magic user to carry conventional weapons, but yes quite fast acting indeed."

A live capture should be vastly easier if he is temporarily incapacitated than, well..."

"Indeed, well you will have to see what chances fate decide to grant you Mr Wainwright."
The old hedge wizard commented.

He sighed, "I don't know his magical abilities, but I would be willing to wager he is not more than Initiate of anything. Considering that he protested his leader's torture of both the Deacon Primus of the post office and the Tremere agent sent to aid them, he's not fully... indoctrinated in the Nephandi's outlook on life, seeing as he got quite brutally bludgeoned by said leader for his insolence suggests that he has little in the way of quick defences of any kind... and his need to visit the clinic rather heavily implies a lack of ability to magically heal himself.

"Hum...a Tremere agent? Yes Mrs Knox did say something about that. Once the rest of your party comes back here I will expect a proper rapport about what took place during the rescue mission to the Post Office Mr Wainwright, from you or someone else involved, well be that as it may for now, your conclusions about the young man's abilities do seam logical."
Joakim said then he sigh.
"Usually though age have little to do with dedication in the Nephandi, the Caul see to that, but sometimes even an inverted mage can keep some of their decency."

Based on the observed evidence, I would hazard he is more decent than powerful... which rather makes the whole matter a bit distasteful, if you don't mind my saying; he did spare my life at the post office, when he had the upper hand, yet when I am in the same situation, I don't have that luxury... Still, demands of the service, and all that."

"Yes Tradition law can be harsh."
Joakim said and sigh.
"But it is the sad fact that if we let this boy go, even if he is a decent enough man, when he die he will be reborn as a widderslainte and again serve the Fallen, our laws are there for a reason, though at times they are hard to uphold."
He said and his face was unreadable.
"All I can do for him is try to make his imprisonment while he is at Morningstar as pleasant as possible and at least try to keep Jack Devereux of him, though since the Post Office is in Gary and he was a part of the team that attacked it, unless the boy speaks willingly there might be nothing I can do about that."

He grinned and gave Joakim a wink, "Quite; I suspect the Deacons of Steelhaven might be more than willing to shelter me from the diplomatic fallout, were I to recruit her to Boston instead... but then, it's the decidedly undiplomatic fallout that would give me cause for concern, is it not?

"I fear my good man that if you where to recruit Mirri from this Chantry there would be more than one mage at this establishment who would be willing to aim a fireball at your tush."
The old hedge wizard said with a wry grin as he finished writing his text messages.
"Very well then I will go and speak with Mirri about her car, and Miss Dane and Mr Morai should meet you in the entrance hall, is there anything else we need to discuss before you go?"
He asked.
"We need to get to the Nephandus before he leave the clinic."

(OOC: Well then I am trying the train again so I will be leaving for the train station now and will be on a train going back home to Bergen for most of the day, hopefully the trains will actually have electricity this time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 23, 2016 4:48 pm

"We do not have to but it do make the changes to his mind easier." Jacob said. "And it is probably easier for the prisoner as well to wake up with a bit of a headache and fuzzy memories than to feel me rummaging around in his mind, my rote will not hurt but it can be disconcerting.

"That is a good point," he agreed.

"Tell the Nephandus something young man while I set up some wards, Miss Jarden please contact Hayden and have him alert the others, warn them that trouble might be coming."

He nodded to Jacob, scanning the phone. He tested to see if it was set up to reply in Enochian or for the way to toggle the language function, thinking what to tell her that would hold her trike team off and then began to type.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 23, 2016 5:21 pm

"That is a good point," he agreed.

Jacob nodded at that.
"I do not usually mess with people's minds without their consent, but from when I have done it, or with consent with those who have something they...what to forget, it is easier for everyone if the target is unconscious while it happens, less uncomfortable. If you do not want to hit the vampire though I can render him unconscious with magick, that is a fairly easy working."

He nodded to Jacob, scanning the phone. He tested to see if it was set up to reply in Enochian or for the way to toggle the language function, thinking what to tell her that would hold her trike team off and then began to type.

The phone was actually set up for typing in Enochian, with a spell checker as well, you know House Thig had written such a function for phones, how this Nephandus had it though was less clear. Jacob focused on his clay tablet, making detailed symbols and inscriptions with a wood stylus.

(OOC: Yay the trains are running and I am on it, we even have internet on it, at least for now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon May 23, 2016 5:52 pm

Friday:

But killing investigators is the point! he said with a smile. Then he looked at them, touched Awww yeah... sorry, i just thought on everyone's apetite. NOrmal and already dead lamb, then? Now both are cute and tender. Today's the day of being softies. he said, half thinking out loud, half teasing them.

Saturday:

You owe me nothing, old spirit. Take her to ascention, and do the world good. he said to the avatar, humbly. He will be fine. I gave him a little quintessence, and he is not wounded anymore. For now, that's all we could and should do. You need to rest, both of you, but after you feel better, feed him: rest, meditate, help him settle in and give him quintessence so that he can form again. Try not to perform too much magic, no magic if possible, but with this threat around us i doubt that's possible, and stay close to a node, if possible. It shouldn't take too much, maybe a couple of weeks, or just one if you do all i say. he said. Beatrice's avatar had healed rapidly after less than a week and she was terribly wounded, this little puncture couldn't take so much.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 23, 2016 6:35 pm

Colin nodded, "It's an unwise Mage who has no backup plan; personally I've yet found that my service pistol has been more effective in combat than magic. Then again, up until, er... today, I've not had more extensive power than tweaking a little bit of luck, which is hardly the most directly applicable in a fight..."
He shrugged, "A vampire named Enrichtho; one of Nicolai's subordinates, whatever their term is. As she put it, her will was not entirely her own, so some sort of thralldom seemed implicit... She'd been sent to assist the Fallen, and refused to... do her thing to harm the Awakened Mage among the Mercere. She went home with a fair warning about meddling in the affairs of Magi, and in particular about trusting the Fallen. If Nicolai is smart enough, he'll cut and run. If not... he'll be lucky to see a sunrise from a rooftop."
He sighed and grimaced, "Yes, assuming he is indeed Fallen, and not merely... waiting to be put through a Caul, his future prospects are rather grim. While we are researching a way to revert widderslaintes, I don't know if that possibility could work for a freshly wrung Avatar. If, however, he is not yet Fallen, I would strongly advocate mercy - Branding, yes, I suppose that's inevitable, but not necessarily execution... I... believe he can be convinced to speak without applying torture."
He chuckled, "I suppose taking a fireball for the team would be a relatively small price to pay for absconding with your chef, but frankly, I'm inclined to suspect fireballs would be on the low end of the scale of punitive measures enacted... Perhaps not the least subtle, but among the least damaging. Your food supply is safe from me."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 23, 2016 7:02 pm

Tane:

Friday:

But killing investigators is the point! he said with a smile. Then he looked at them, touched Awww yeah... sorry, i just thought on everyone's apetite. NOrmal and already dead lamb, then? Now both are cute and tender. Today's the day of being softies. he said, half thinking out loud, half teasing them.

"Yes well call it hipocrazy if you will but for me I feel better eating something already dead so I can pretend the meat was never alive, and that I have no fault in it's demise."
Henrietta said and sigh.
"I know I still do but I can pretend."
She said. Lily nodded.
"I agree, a dead lamb it is then though hopefully not a whole one, call me soft if you want but I have never lived of the land and had to kill anything for food or seen any dead things."
She muttered.

Saturday:

You owe me nothing, old spirit. Take her to ascention, and do the world good. he said to the avatar, humbly.

"The road to Ascension is a long one brother and she have to take the steps, I can but guide. You have my gratitude though and my respect."
The Avatar said and gave you a kind smile.

He will be fine. I gave him a little quintessence, and he is not wounded anymore. For now, that's all we could and should do. You need to rest, both of you, but after you feel better, feed him: rest, meditate, help him settle in and give him quintessence so that he can form again. Try not to perform too much magic, no magic if possible, but with this threat around us i doubt that's possible, and stay close to a node, if possible. It shouldn't take too much, maybe a couple of weeks, or just one if you do all i say. he said. Beatrice's avatar had healed rapidly after less than a week and she was terribly wounded, this little puncture couldn't take so much.

"Thank you, I owe you a great debt."
The Deaconess said and she looked quite relieved.
"I will take your advice young man. I to doubt I will be able to to use magick, trouble is coming and I have to defend my Chantry, but I will take it as easy as I can."
She gave a tired smile.
"And rest do sound wonderful right now."
She muttered and winced.
"How much do I owe you for your services young man?"

Colin:

Colin nodded, "It's an unwise Mage who has no backup plan; personally I've yet found that my service pistol has been more effective in combat than magic. Then again, up until, er... today, I've not had more extensive power than tweaking a little bit of luck, which is hardly the most directly applicable in a fight..."

"My old pater taught me how to fight with a sword, I never relay on only my magic, then again reality have become hardened against my hedge wizardry, and my powers do not always work when mundanes are looking at what I am doing."
Joakim said and nodded.

He shrugged, "A vampire named Enrichtho; one of Nicolai's subordinates, whatever their term is. As she put it, her will was not entirely her own, so some sort of thralldom seemed implicit... She'd been sent to assist the Fallen, and refused to... do her thing to harm the Awakened Mage among the Mercere. She went home with a fair warning about meddling in the affairs of Magi, and in particular about trusting the Fallen. If Nicolai is smart enough, he'll cut and run. If not... he'll be lucky to see a sunrise from a rooftop."

"I see, this vampire woman saved and Avatar with her refusal to cooperate with the Fallen then, good for her, and for us. I guess we should not tell the Awakened Mercere how close she was."
The Security Chief said, he had turned quite pale.
"Yes vampires have a form of thralldom, a mockery of love that comes with drinking their blood, a foul state indeed, I would rather suffer under a master's whip than to loose my will to a vampire."
He spat, it was clear that vampires where not a topic he cherished.
"I doubt the brat will give up, and yes the sun will be the least of his troubles if he continues to serve the Fallen. I will see to that."

He sighed and grimaced, "Yes, assuming he is indeed Fallen, and not merely... waiting to be put through a Caul, his future prospects are rather grim. While we are researching a way to revert widderslaintes, I don't know if that possibility could work for a freshly wrung Avatar. If, however, he is not yet Fallen, I would strongly advocate mercy - Branding, yes, I suppose that's inevitable, but not necessarily execution... I... believe he can be convinced to speak without applying torture."

"Good I would hate to see a good man tortured."
Joakim said then he frowned.
"As for his fate, if he is Fallen I think only a miracle can save him, if he is not though he stand a chance and will be given a fair trial. Yes Branding is likely, death though, we will have to see."

He chuckled, "I suppose taking a fireball for the team would be a relatively small price to pay for absconding with your chef, but frankly, I'm inclined to suspect fireballs would be on the low end of the scale of punitive measures enacted... Perhaps not the least subtle, but among the least damaging. Your food supply is safe from me."

"I am relieved to hear that my good man, very relieved."
The old hedge wizard said with a grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 23, 2016 7:57 pm

Colin shrugged, "I merely paid attention in the melee part of basic training, myself... and about as much in marksmanship. I can make do with a dagger or pistol, but give me an armed helicopter... Well, in any case, I should certainly try to get some sparring exercise."
He nodded, "Well, by now the little snot should have all the warning he needs or deserves. Anything further... I suppose we could do it simply and rat on him to the Prince. That might be the easiest way to handle it; informing the Prince of the danger of letting the Fallen onto his rooftop by way of Nicolai."
He thoughtfully bit his tongue when Joakim mentioned a fair trial... Faith in the system was, perhaps, a little thin at the moment, but no need to say so out loud.
He shrugged roguishly, "There's an author, Terry Pratchett, he described an incident the likes of which would rather make me worried... A witch in one of the books didn't turn someone who irritated her into a frog - she just convinced him she had, resigning the poor fool to a pond life, as it were. Running off with someone's beloved chef could turn them outright nasty, and I'd rather not have my mind so thoroughly scrambled."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 23, 2016 9:23 pm

Colin shrugged, "I merely paid attention in the melee part of basic training, myself... and about as much in marksmanship. I can make do with a dagger or pistol, but give me an armed helicopter... Well, in any case, I should certainly try to get some sparring exercise."

"Ah flying machines, I remember when the Order of Reason first invented such devices and later when sleeper society got them, secrets whispered in a few bright individuals' ears. I do not think a armed helicopter will help you much in this situation though a gun and a knife might."
Joakim said with a bit of a smile.

He nodded, "Well, by now the little snot should have all the warning he needs or deserves. Anything further... I suppose we could do it simply and rat on him to the Prince. That might be the easiest way to handle it; informing the Prince of the danger of letting the Fallen onto his rooftop by way of Nicolai."

"Hum...there would be some delightful irony in using the little brat's own society to take him down, that off course being provided the other vampires and their leader will listen to our warning. Well be that as it may for now, let us get this Nephandus first and worry about Nicolai later."

He thoughtfully bit his tongue when Joakim mentioned a fair trial... Faith in the system was, perhaps, a little thin at the moment, but no need to say so out loud.
He shrugged roguishly, "There's an author, Terry Pratchett, he described an incident the likes of which would rather make me worried... A witch in one of the books didn't turn someone who irritated her into a frog - she just convinced him she had, resigning the poor fool to a pond life, as it were. Running off with someone's beloved chef could turn them outright nasty, and I'd rather not have my mind so thoroughly scrambled."

"Well Archmistress Crexia the woman that tended to you in the time bubble Mr Wainwright is a Grand Archmage, one of the little handful of such an exalted rank the Traditions have, and the Sphere she is so ranked in are Mind, we also have one of her apprentices living here...just so that is mentioned."
The old hedge wizard joked, then he got up and lead the small group of mages to the door.
"Well I will go and speak to Mirri about her car, unless there was anything further?"
He said sounding a bit impatient to get the retrieval mission underway, who knew how long Tian would be at the clinic, not long if he was smart.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 23, 2016 10:27 pm

Colin nodded, "True, this is not the sort of mission that would call for a helicopter. A medevac mission might, but not this sort of urban extraction."
He grinned, "Well, if the Prince doesn't think Nicolai's antics are a problem, I'm sure he could be persuaded to think otherwise, should everyone stuck on his rooftop suddenly find an absurd streak of good luck and escape... I think I could pull that off with a line of sight to his rooftop."
He shook his head, "I would hate to upset the good lady Crexia like that. Who knows what nefarious notions she would implant in my head. In any case, Sir, best hurry. We can wait here for the two others, or should we meet up in the garage? Best not tarry excessively."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon May 23, 2016 10:58 pm

Friday:

"Soft regions make soft people. Hard regions make dead people" Answered tane refering to Herodotus. Lamb then! I know a recipe of meaty brochettes that will blow your minds.

Saturday:

You owe me one thing: Rest. So lay down, now, i'll come see you in a couple of days to keep an eye on you and him, but i spect you'll be alright. Tane remained there until she fell asleep and then dismissed the smoke and closed the windows. He went out, specting to find the others just there.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 23, 2016 11:21 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "True, this is not the sort of mission that would call for a helicopter. A medevac mission might, but not this sort of urban extraction."

"There are many situations where a helicopter might be both useful and tactical Mr Wainwright, however they are both expensive and do tend to not go by unnoticed so they are not that often used by our side. An Umbral ship yes, mundane helicopter no."

He grinned, "Well, if the Prince doesn't think Nicolai's antics are a problem, I'm sure he could be persuaded to think otherwise, should everyone stuck on his rooftop suddenly find an absurd streak of good luck and escape... I think I could pull that off with a line of sight to his rooftop."

"Well now my good man that would be beautiful."
The hedge wizard said and smiled.
"And vampires seldom expect such indirect tactics as they display few such subtle powers themselves, it would be likely to stir the Prince's temper as well though so it is best to be careful."

He shook his head, "I would hate to upset the good lady Crexia like that. Who knows what nefarious notions she would implant in my head. In any case, Sir, best hurry. We can wait here for the two others, or should we meet up in the garage? Best not tarry excessively."

"Hum...I told them to meet you at the entrance hall but the garage is better, there is a pale green van there, I will tell Miss Dane and Mr Morai to meet you there. Good luck and be careful Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said before he closed the door to his office once you, Adjan and Alex was out of the room and then hurried towards the kitchen with long, measured steps.

Tane:

Friday:

"Indeed, perhaps then it is a testament to us having a good life, on the other hand I have lived with a fera and he did hunt, though he skinned what he caught before he brought it into our home, I just cooked the meat."
Henrietta said and sigh.
"Well first step a grocery store then, I am not sure if the little one around the corner carry lamb though, it is pretty basic."

Saturday:

Ebele nodded she gave you a smile.
"You will get paid for your services young man..."
She muttered and winced.
"At least I will repay you for the tass however I guess that can wait until I have rested, again thank you."
She muttered before she closed her eyes, the woman was clearly tired and weak but her pulse was even and her breath slow and even and soon she slept comfortably.

You did indeed find the others once you got out of the Deacon's room, and there where more of them now, a whole bunch of worried mages stood outside the bedroom.
"How is she?"
The Norse looking man asked.
"I heard the Deaconess scream is she alright?"
A pretty woman with long black hair asked nervously.
"What was wrong with her? Did you fix her?"
A young man with dyed purple hair wanted to know and the questions just continued from the concerned gaggle of mages.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 23, 2016 11:43 pm

Colin nodded, "A man can reminisce, though, can't he? At any rate, renting a civilian helicopter is a simple enough thing, though I suppose the rental firms tend to frown on excessive damage to their property."
He grinned, "Well, I would hardly want to interfere with the Prince's property with neither provocation nor sanction. Hardly good manners to needlessly stir up the host's back yard."
He nodded, and led the little group toward the garage, giving Adjan a quick glance, "Now it all comes down to timing..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 24, 2016 6:57 am

Colin nodded, "A man can reminisce, though, can't he? At any rate, renting a civilian helicopter is a simple enough thing, though I suppose the rental firms tend to frown on excessive damage to their property."

"Yes and again a helicopter do tend to be noticed."
Joakim said.
"But I am sure there are situations where one could come in handy.

He grinned, "Well, I would hardly want to interfere with the Prince's property with neither provocation nor sanction. Hardly good manners to needlessly stir up the host's back yard."

"Well we are going to have to see how this situation develops, what actions we are going to have to take to correct it, as it stands it is the vampires that have shown aggression towards our society though they probably can not tell us from the Nephandi."

He nodded, and led the little group toward the garage, giving Adjan a quick glance, "Now it all comes down to timing..."

"Yes indeed."
Adjan said. If they where lucky the Toreador woman would show up by the clinic if she knew where it was and demand answers buying Tian a bit of time, if not well, then fate looked grim for the young Nephandus.

You get to the garage and there you find a very pale green van, it was the kind sold to large families with seven seats and ample storage space in the back. Soon you hear someone approaching and you she a tall, extremely beautiful woman and a short young man coming towards you. The woman had a flawless face with oval dark olive green eyes, full lips, golden brown skin and deep brown and light brown striped hair that fell to the mid of her back in soft waves, the woman where wearing a black skirt and dark pink top and heels though she held a bag of supplies in one hand and a crossbow in the other, she looked to be Hispanic. The young man, little more than a boy where perhaps twenty years old, he was Arabic with dark skin and short black hair, his eyes where dark brown, he had a big nose and very defined features, he wore blue jeans and a red shirt. The pair stopped before Colin and the woman spoke.
"Hello, I am Rosario Dane bani Cult of Ecstasy and this is Qeb Murai Hermes bani Tytalus."
She said and shifted the crossbow to her other hand, setting down the bag so she could hold out her hand in greeting to you and Adjan. Qeb also held out his hand.
"Good evening."
He said politely.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next