Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

4 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 13 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2016 3:34 pm

Colin smiled at the vampiress, "I'll not inquire about your rank... Though, can't be significantly worse than mine, I suppose."

"Ah a gentleman, though I would not mind if you knew, I am hesitant to give out to much information about my society though."
Tumar said with a smile.
"Nor do I know much about the ranks and social structures among mages save that you have teachers you get quite attached to, and that you often have a fondness for the other students of your mentor."

He nodded to Alex and followed close behind, gesturing to Adjan to follow, as well, "It shouldn't cause pain; only the discomfort of having one's magic temporarily barred."

"Good I do not want the boy to suffer."
Alex said before he headed into the clinic. Adjan followed you into the building, the nurse Helga looked up as you passed her.
"Good evening gentlemen, let me know if you need me for anything, I will just continue my break in the meantime if you do not mind."
She said politely and inclined her head towards you.

Inside the building you come into a small entrance hall that have a desk, the room was painted a pleasant blue then you get to another hallway this one with a set of stairs at the end of it and several doors you are midway up the stairs when Alex hurry back out of one of the rooms and then call your name.
"Mr Wainwright, Mr Terach he is gone, I have not checked all the rooms but he seam to have left his room and left his phone and a note behind."
Alex says then he begins to check the other rooms to look for the missing Nephandus.

(OOC: Well vampires can be distracting. Razz Well then I have been meeting up with a friend and got in 7 games of MtG. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11 - Page 13 Empty Re: The Mirror Man, Nicolai's Plans and The Grimoire IC Thread 11

Post by Warpmind Thu May 26, 2016 5:05 pm

Colin grinned wryly, "You should hear some of the things said about those of us who lack a mentor, then... Many scorn us, but some of the older and wiser Masters actually show us a measure of wary respect. We tend to occasionally come up with some... innovative surprises."
He nodded to Helga, "Quite so, ma'am. Enjoy the evening; the weather is pleasant enough for a rest outdoors."
He hurried up the last set of stairs, "He left his phone and a note? What did the note say?"
He frowned, "If he abandoned his phone, that might suggest he's trying to cut all ties by which he could be tracked... I don't suppose there's a photo of him taken at admission?"

((OOC: Especially the purdy Toreadors, huh? Wink How'd the games go?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu May 26, 2016 5:11 pm

Friday:

Sure, you can help me with potatoes. he said to Lily, and turned to Alessa Henrietta here was married with a Gurahl, and Lily still can't belive there are werewolfs The bomb has been dropped.

Saturday:

A thousand thanks. I can use this to transplant it inside another avatar that's half cut, and save someones avatar after studying. I bet this is good for all of us. he thanked with a bow. It's settled, then. Please don't fear for her, but be vigilant.

Tane turned to Dorothy I wanted to talk to you about a newly awakened. She's probably going Verbena, i wanted to know if there's a verbena that wanted an apprentice? or a Cultist, for the matter. She's 18 years old, so she's ready for learning.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Colin grinned wryly, "You should hear some of the things said about those of us who lack a mentor, then... Many scorn us, but some of the older and wiser Masters actually show us a measure of wary respect. We tend to occasionally come up with some... innovative surprises."

"I see, well that do sound like a similar...concept to what we also have in our society and they are also scorned and often killed for their mere existence, at times though they have unusual powers that none have ever seen before."
Tumar said and nodded.
"And a wise vampire knows not to discount those that might come up with such surprises."

He nodded to Helga, "Quite so, ma'am. Enjoy the evening; the weather is pleasant enough for a rest outdoors."

"Yes indeed Sir and the weather is getting ever colder, it is best to enjoy the warmer autumn days before winter is upon us in full would not not say?"
Helga said and gave you a smile that was just friendly enough without while still being as reserved as was proper for a lady speaking to a gentleman she where not familiar with.

He hurried up the last set of stairs, "He left his phone and a note? What did the note say?"

"Yeah he left his phone and a note, it did not read the note yet though, I just noticed there on his bed, I thought it better to hurry and check the other rooms in case he was there in any of them."
Alex said and scratched his head.
"I see that the window is open in the room I checked though, one of the opposite end of the house from where we stood talking with the lady that drove up to ask you some questions about her friend, chances are he saw us and bolted."
The Etherite said and sigh.

He frowned, "If he abandoned his phone, that might suggest he's trying to cut all ties by which he could be tracked... I don't suppose there's a photo of him taken at admission?"

"No I am afraid not Mr Wainwright, the whole point of this clinic is that no questions are asked, often the patients do not even give their name, we are here to service those that just would not or could not go to a sleeper hospital."
Alex said and frowned.
"Each year Awakened die due to often not being able to go through the system of a hospital, this place is meant to make a dent in that statistic."

(OOC: Oh definitively, then again me being a dedicated occultist I would be pretty distracted by a Tremere as well, my my those stacks of occult books are so sexy. Razz Well I won 6 games and lost 1.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 26, 2016 5:28 pm

"Well a mess we can deal with as long as the place is kept safe, it is how to keep it safe I am worried about." Joakim said and sigh. "I do not want to let the Nephandi have the Chantry, but it is better to loose a building than to loose lives."

"My concern is what is left in the chantry that might be used against us as well as keeping us and the item safe and out of their hands."

"I will contact Master Harris right away, in the meantime keep your eyes open and set someone to guard the portal chamber as it is most likely the Fallen will send reinforcements through that." Joakim said then he sigh again. "For now let us focus on getting the package and getting everyone to safety and then we can consider what to do with the Chantry itself once that is done."

"Very well."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2016 5:53 pm

Tane:

Friday:

Henrietta nodded as she went out into the kitchen and started washing her hands.
"Well we where supposed to get married, once we had the money to do it properly...we should have just gone to see a judge though..as the bloody Union made sure we never got that far."
She said sadly.

"Hey I can't believe there are werewolves, I mean sharks are natural, snakes and lizards as well, but human fuzzball hybrids not that is something else. What is a Gurahl by the way?"
Coawa asked and Henrietta grinned.
"A fuzzier ball, they are werebears."

Lily looked from one person to the next.
"Sooo...he turns into a shark...and she into a spider?"
She asked sounding rather shocked. Alessa shook her head.
"No my dear I turn into many spiders."
It did not look like that statement made Lily's confusion any better.

Saturday:

A thousand thanks. I can use this to transplant it inside another avatar that's half cut, and save someones avatar after studying. I bet this is good for all of us. he thanked with a bow. It's settled, then. Please don't fear for her, but be vigilant.

"Spare parts...for an Avatar? I guess that makes sense but I have never heard about it before."
The deaf man spoke but it was clear why he usually had someone else translate for him for his speech was out of tune and slurred, probably he had never been able to hear and he did not know how words where supposed to sound.
"We will watch over her diligently, and thank you again Mr Karyak."
The Norse looking Dreamspeaker assured you.
"I think there is no way we will not fear for Ebele though, she is our friend after all."
He added.

Tane turned to Dorothy I wanted to talk to you about a newly awakened. She's probably going Verbena, i wanted to know if there's a verbena that wanted an apprentice? or a Cultist, for the matter. She's 18 years old, so she's ready for learning.

"Ah a newly Awakened one always a blessed occurrence."
The old woman said and nodded.
"We we do have two Verbena Adepts, Ravenblood here..."
She said and indicated the black haired woman who had spoken earlier.
"Already have an apprentice but there is another here though, Thorn Northwind, I will ask him if he would consider taking a student. As for Cultists there is me and two more, but then it really depend on what direction she want to go. I mean all we have in common are a dedication to individual freedom and that our magick is based on entering altered states of consciousness."

Adley:

"My concern is what is left in the chantry that might be used against us as well as keeping us and the item safe and out of their hands."

"True which is why the place needs to be stripped of as many resources as possible before we abandon it, if that is the path we are taking, and I am leaning towards that. There is always some loss in a war, and you seldom have a solution where we loose nothing, if we abandon the Post Office then the Nephandi get the portal and can use that against us, but if we stay and defend it chances are we will loose men and women who would be quite useful in later fights, knowing what to sacrifice is often the key to victory, however the Post Office have no significant Nodes so the Mercere can rebuild their Chantry in another location though off course I do agree that there are a certain flair to our messengers living in a old postal service building. I do not however see that the building is worth loosing lives over if we get the package, and as much as possible of the Red Caps talismans and what other mail there are and get that to safety, letting our enemies have the building and the portal do seam like the lesser evil here then."
The old hedge wizard said.

"Very well."

"Is there anything else you need before I go to speak with Master Harris?"
Joakim asked then he added.
"Also just one bit of information for you, the Nephandus that escaped from your raid have been spotted and your friend, he was your Cabalmate was he not? Have gone after him together with another from your group and a team I sent with them. This Nephandus apparently have not called in to his superiors for whatever reason since the reinforcements have not already been sent, not yet at least, but as long as he is out there he can call your bluff at any moment, so be aware of that, there is a wildcard in the mix in this Sodalis so you better hope your friends catch this young man."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 26, 2016 6:00 pm

Colin gave Helga a quick, formal bow, as behooved an officer and a gentleman, "Quite so. Good evening."
He nodded to Alex, "Saw us, or heard us... I spoke to him at the post office, when I persuaded him to not blow my head off. He might have recognized my voice through the window. And if he saw us somehow, well... my face kind of stands out in a crowd."
He strolled to the bedroom, "Well, with a little luck, then, there's a selfie on his phone... If not, I can make a sketch, though I don't suppose the substantial damage to his visage will persist for long. And that's even assuming it wasn't mended here already."
He nodded, "A good policy which for once tripped us up a little, then. Well, let us see what the note says... I expect Master Harris would be the best suited to analyze the phone? I'm... honestly a little reluctant to tinker with it myself; God only knows what sort of safeties the chap put on it..."
He pondered, "You know, you might want to have a word with Dr. Lee, the physician in my Cabal. He might be interested in openinga Boston branch of your clinic, as it were - I'm sure you could work out some practical solutions in that regard."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Colin gave Helga a quick, formal bow, as behooved an officer and a gentleman, "Quite so. Good evening."

"Yes good evening Sir."
Helga said and inclined her head towards you politely.

He nodded to Alex, "Saw us, or heard us... I spoke to him at the post office, when I persuaded him to not blow my head off. He might have recognized my voice through the window. And if he saw us somehow, well... my face kind of stands out in a crowd."

"Well whatever he saw us or heard us, he noticed us at least and used those few precious moments to make his escape, the question now is whatever or not we should try to track him, however this is a residential area full of sleeper families, I do not want to risk a violent magickal conflict here unless there are no other options."
Alex said and frowns.

He strolled to the bedroom, "Well, with a little luck, then, there's a selfie on his phone... If not, I can make a sketch, though I don't suppose the substantial damage to his visage will persist for long. And that's even assuming it wasn't mended here already."

"We can hope there is at least, preferably right next to the leader of the Nephandi in this city with a sign saying where she is."
Alex said and nodded.
"If Helga where the one that treated him then no, her healing is not instantaneous but it do greatly speed up recovery so no then he should be back to health fairly quickly."

He nodded, "A good policy which for once tripped us up a little, then. Well, let us see what the note says... I expect Master Harris would be the best suited to analyze the phone? I'm... honestly a little reluctant to tinker with it myself; God only knows what sort of safeties the chap put on it..."

"Yes Master Harris or his apprentice Joe Willis should be able to make some sense of the phone. I have not looked at it myself though, but yes you never know what safeties could be on it.."
Alex agreed.

The note was hastily scribbled.
"I will not let myself by taken alive by the Trads, however I want my child to have a world to grow up in, keep this phone, I will call it when I am safe and answer the questions I can."

He pondered, "You know, you might want to have a word with Dr. Lee, the physician in my Cabal. He might be interested in openinga Boston branch of your clinic, as it were - I'm sure you could work out some practical solutions in that regard."

"That is actually a great idea Mr Wainwright, I will have to take it up with...Dr Lee was it? Once we get back to Morningstar, all cities should have a service like this, going into a hospital always carry with it the dangers of being found by the Union."
The Etherite said.
"For now though, let us see if we can find our escapee shall we?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 26, 2016 7:26 pm

Colin scratched his head, "Too many hiding places, between the five of us we don't quite have the manpower to do a proper search... we might search for a few strands of hair or a blood sample for tracking, though..."
He arched an eyebrow as he read the note, then the other, "Mr. Horton... I think we should call off the search for now. The lad has turned renegade, and will contact us when he feels safe. I... think we can trust him that far, actually, at least for now."
He showed Alex the note, "It looks like we've had the queerest luck; he might not have been so willing to speak with the shadow of oblivion hanging over him."
He looked at the phone, "Master Harris or Mr. Willis should still examine the phone, of course, but... I'm willing to hazard letting him run now will be beneficial in the immediate crisis. But by all means, we should still look for any sympathetic components for later."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2016 7:41 pm

Colin scratched his head, "Too many hiding places, between the five of us we don't quite have the manpower to do a proper search... we might search for a few strands of hair or a blood sample for tracking, though..."

"Hum...you might be right Mr Wainwright."
The Sons of Ether said and sigh.
"I will ask Helga if she still have whatever she used to clean the kid up with, there might be some blood there. I have never understood tracking with bodily fluids myself but I know many do use such tools, we can check his bed as well."
He added.
"There might be some hair."

He arched an eyebrow as he read the note, then the other, "Mr. Horton... I think we should call off the search for now. The lad has turned renegade, and will contact us when he feels safe. I... think we can trust him that far, actually, at least for now."

"Well the note could have been left to get us to stop looking for him, but yes it might be worth it to take the chance on letting him run in peace and hope that he will actually contact us and we can get some good information out of it, usually information freely given are more reliable than what is forced out of a prisoner."
Alex agreed hesitantly.

He showed Alex the note, "It looks like we've had the queerest luck; he might not have been so willing to speak with the shadow of oblivion hanging over him."

"Hum...indeed...a child, well that would be a good motivation for not wanting the world destroyed."
Alex said as he read the note.
"He could be making a fool of us with this but yes I agree the chance that he is telling the truth is worth betting on, at least for now."

He looked at the phone, "Master Harris or Mr. Willis should still examine the phone, of course, but... I'm willing to hazard letting him run now will be beneficial in the immediate crisis. But by all means, we should still look for any sympathetic components for later."

"Agreed, if you speak with Helga Mr Wainwright I will look for hair around the boy's room, by all means you can look for hairs instead but since I study both Life and Matter I recon my chance of finding any to be fairly good."
The Etherite said and handed the note back.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 26, 2016 8:05 pm

Colin nodded, "Sympathetic magic is a fairly simple concept - a bit of one thing to detect more of the same. While I don't do anything fleshy, myself, the principle is simple enough, and I think I could use some basic dowsing techniques to find, say, loose change by means of a quarter on a string... I haven't really experimented with it, but the theory seems simple enough."
He scratched his cheek, "Just in case, you might want to call it in with Chief Joakim; this would be his jurisdiction, after all - he might want a say in the matter. I'm... willing to give the kid the benefit of the doubt, considering what went down in the post office. But only for so long."
He nodded, "I shall speak with the nurse, then - you are quite right to assume your chances of finding bodily remains are higher than mine."
He quickly pocketed the note and the phone, and headed back downstairs and outside to look for Helga, "Ah, excuse me, nurse? It seems one of your patients has absconded... I don't suppose you could be convinced to interrupt your break to help us a little?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2016 8:41 pm

Colin nodded, "Sympathetic magic is a fairly simple concept - a bit of one thing to detect more of the same. While I don't do anything fleshy, myself, the principle is simple enough, and I think I could use some basic dowsing techniques to find, say, loose change by means of a quarter on a string... I haven't really experimented with it, but the theory seems simple enough."

"Hum...well it is certainly an interesting concept, it do fall a bit outside of my own Paradigm though but I do see where you are going with it Mr Wainwright and I do thank you for the explanation."
Alex said and nodded.
"We better find those strands of hair and drops of blood then."

He scratched his cheek, "Just in case, you might want to call it in with Chief Joakim; this would be his jurisdiction, after all - he might want a say in the matter. I'm... willing to give the kid the benefit of the doubt, considering what went down in the post office. But only for so long."

"That is a good idea, I will give the Chief a call while you have a talk with Helga."
He said and nodded.
"Well sooner or later we have to go after the kid, I mean he is a Nephandus he can not be allowed to be reborn, but holding of for now do seam to be prudent."

He nodded, "I shall speak with the nurse, then - you are quite right to assume your chances of finding bodily remains are higher than mine."

Alex nodded at that.
"I will call Chief Joakim first and then start searching for hairs."
He said.

He quickly pocketed the note and the phone, and headed back downstairs and outside to look for Helga, "Ah, excuse me, nurse? It seems one of your patients has absconded... I don't suppose you could be convinced to interrupt your break to help us a little?"

Helga was still enjoying a cigarette and a cup of coffee outside in the night air, she put the cigarette out and put it back into a silver box that she put into a pocket on her white dress and stood when you addressed her.
"Oh my, the young man with the green eyes that came in today then I assume Sir, he really should refrain from moving around before his wounds are healed, someone have given the lad quite a beating."
She said sounding dismayed.
"Yes off course Sir, what do you need me to do?"
The Marauder said, again giving a smile that was warm enough to be friendly while still being reserved, she was a young lady of class after all.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Colin nodded, "But where are my manners... Colin Wainwright, formerly with the Royal Air Force, presently a modest craftsman in Boston; it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, ma'am. Yes, it would be the young chap who got rather viciously roughed up. I'm afraid he is associated with the Fallen; dreadful business all in all, and... it would appear we may need something of him to locate him. I don't suppose there were any blood samples or similar taken? I expect any blood-stained fabrics and the like have been already disposed of?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 26, 2016 10:19 pm

The nurse held out her hand in greeting, she was pretty her dirty blond hair was shoulder length and lightly curled at the ends, she wore a white scarf on her head and had elaborate curled bangs, her lips where bright red and full and her eyes where blue, she did not wear much jewelry just a watch pinned to her blouse, a pair of pearl studs and her wedding ring on a chain around her neck so it would not get in the way as she did her job.
"It is a pleasure to meet you Mr Wainwright, I am Helga Brinkerhoff, you honor me then Sir, my dear husband is in the army as a technician."
She said and politely shook your hand.
"Ah yes the green eyed boy, polite but scared of his own shadow. Hum...the Fallen oh my that is quite shocking I understand you need something to work sympathic magick with..."
The nurse considered for a moment.
"There where no blood samples taken but in the waste basket in the examination room there are cotton swabs that have the young man's blood on it, if that will suffice for your needs then I can fetch some of them for you. We do take care of hygiene, which is why we take all biological material to one of the city's hospitals where one of our doctors have a contact so we can use the incinerator, but this have not been done yet, we generally rid ourselves of such waste in the morning."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Colin smiled and shook Helga's hand, "In deference to operational security, I shall naturally refrain from asking where he's stationed. I'm certain Mr. Brinkerhoff would appreciate that."
He pondered, "Yes, cotton swabs should work excellently, assuming they haven't been contaminated by anyone else's... samples. If you can provide some sealed containment for them - these are rather delicate materials, after all, that would be splendid."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2016 4:50 am

Colin smiled and shook Helga's hand, "In deference to operational security, I shall naturally refrain from asking where he's stationed. I'm certain Mr. Brinkerhoff would appreciate that."

"Yes my husband would appreciate that Sir, thank you for your kind understanding."
The Marauder said as she gave another proper smile.

He pondered, "Yes, cotton swabs should work excellently, assuming they haven't been contaminated by anyone else's... samples. If you can provide some sealed containment for them - these are rather delicate materials, after all, that would be splendid."

"Yes we got no other incoming patients than this young man tonight, so all the cotton swabs in the waste basket is from him."
Helga said.
"It is usually not to busy around here, it is a rather selective service after all. However yes I can go an take care of it right away Sir, do plastic vials in an envelope work for your needs to store the samples?"
She asked then she smile again.
"I tell the doctors again and again not to waste their money on plastic, the newer mixes that can be used for such containers are so expensive glass would be much cheaper but I guess they have better things to do than to listen to the advice from a nurse...ah forgive me Mr Wainwright, it is not my place to complain about my superiors."
Helga said sounding a bit frustrated.
"I will go and find those samples for you right away."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2016 8:47 am

Colin nodded, "Plastic vials should work fine, thank you. I suppose your superiors know the cost and have decided it is worth it, perhaps? I'm given to understand some of the newer plastics are somewhat more durable than glass at lower thickness and weight? But I speculate, of course."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2016 10:01 am

"Perhaps you are right Mr Wainwright, and the plastic vials do seam to seal up well, still that clear plastic quite quite costly."
Helga said and sigh.
"Well yes they are quite durable and unlike materials like celluloid do not shatter as easily or are flammable, my my what wonders will science think of next."
She said then she nodded.
"Well if you will excuse me then Sir, I will get those samples for you."
Helga said and she gave you a polite nod of her head and walked into the building. She came back only a few minutes later though carrying a large, brown envelope that looked like it had a couple of sample tubes in it, she handed you the envelope.
"Here you go Sir, cotton swabs with the young man's blood on it, there was quite a bit of it I have to say, someone really did a number on the poor lad. Well do let me know if I can do anything else to help you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2016 11:03 am

Colin grinned, "Who knows what the boffins will come up with next? Perhaps they'll try to send a man to the moon."
He carefully took the envelope, "Thank you, Mrs. Brinkerhoff. I shall make sure Mr. Horton gets these to eventually return them to the hospital. Waste not, want not. Actually, there is one more thing... but do resume your break; I'll need a moment..."
He waited for her to sit down again, then sat down, fishing out his notebook and pen to sketch a simple drawing of Tian, as he looked at the post office. Showing it to Helga, he asked, "Mrs. Brinkerhoff, does this look like an accurate image of the chap who came through here?"

((OOC: Dex + Crafts: 1,3,5,6,7,7 - it should be an adequate likeness of the man, if not perfect...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2016 11:32 am

Colin grinned, "Who knows what the boffins will come up with next? Perhaps they'll try to send a man to the moon."

"Well through magick I would believe it possible Mr Wainwright, after all it is the realm of the fay and some magi can go there, but the sleeper? No that I think is far off."
The Marauder said and gave a little laugh a sweet little sound.

He carefully took the envelope, "Thank you, Mrs. Brinkerhoff. I shall make sure Mr. Horton gets these to eventually return them to the hospital. Waste not, want not. Actually, there is one more thing... but do resume your break; I'll need a moment..."

"Yes that will be excellent Mr Wainwright, indeed only a fool is wasteful."
Helga agreed.
"You know where I will be Sir, just come and find me when you are ready."
She said and smiles then she gave you a polite nod and went back to the stairs to finish her cup of coffee.

He waited for her to sit down again, then sat down, fishing out his notebook and pen to sketch a simple drawing of Tian, as he looked at the post office. Showing it to Helga, he asked, "Mrs. Brinkerhoff, does this look like an accurate image of the chap who came through here?"

You find that drawing the boy's bruises and cuts to be the hardest to get right, but with some work you manage to get a proper likeness of the unfortunate Nephandus. Helga looked at the drawing and nodded.
"Ah you are quite skilled if you allow me to say so Mr Wainwright, your drawing skills must be a hoot at parties..."
She said in a delighted tone of voice.
"Yes that looks like the poor boy when he stumbled in here earlier tonight."
She confirmed then she turned serious.
"Mr Wainwright, you are a Traditionalist are you not? I know...that I am insane, that I am a Marauder but I was never in the Traditions I went Marauder just days after my Awakening...what will happen to the lad if you catch him if you do not mind me asking, you said he was a Nephandus. I do not suppose the Traditions will be kind, I mean I do no harm and Mr Horton had to fight teeth and claw not to stop your Faction from banishing or killing me just based on what I am, I dread to think about what might happen to one of the Fallen and he really was such a polite young man."
The nurse looked quite concerned as she looked at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2016 12:09 pm

Colin grinned, "I do believe I said 'try'..."
He grimaced, "Actually, I don't attend many parties. The... social scene isn't where I am the most comfortable, as it were. You know how it is; war veteran with all too visible scars, people stare and whisper instead of asking what happened... and they are unpleasantly reminded of the frailty of life. It is generally a bit awkward."
He frowned, "True, I am... if we catch the fellow, he will... almost certainly have his magic torn apart and, if the court shows mercy, be executed on the spot. That's rather part of the issue - you... don't see the exact same Reality as everyone else. The Nephandi... they see the same Reality, and try to destroy it. Where you are a kindly soul who just might inconvenience other Mages, possibly endanger them to some extent by accident, that's a very long stretch from deliberately trying to bring about the end of everything. I... don't think the young fellow is a deliberate threat to the world right now, but unless something can be done, he will eventually descend along what they call the Black Spiral, and end up endangering his surroundings merely because of what he is, and how his Avatar pushes him. At this point in time, he's a decent fellow, standing up against torture, taking a beating to protect others, and even spared my life and fled instead of killing me and fighting his way out. Having to stop him is unpalatable and regrettable, but necessary for the sake of the world's continued existence..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Colin grinned, "I do believe I said 'try'..."

"Off course Mr Wainwright, but then again to try something you have to have some idea that you might be able to succeed."
The nurse said and smiled.

He grimaced, "Actually, I don't attend many parties. The... social scene isn't where I am the most comfortable, as it were. You know how it is; war veteran with all too visible scars, people stare and whisper instead of asking what happened... and they are unpleasantly reminded of the frailty of life. It is generally a bit awkward."

"Yes Sir I can relate to that."
Helga said sadly.
"Well not everyone need to go to parties and I do apologize if my words where insulting, I just meant that your ability to draw a good likeness of someone fairly quickly would be sure to impress."
She said softly.

He frowned, "True, I am... if we catch the fellow, he will... almost certainly have his magic torn apart and, if the court shows mercy, be executed on the spot.

"Oh my, you can do that Sir? Destroy someone's magic? But that is terrible."
The nurse said in a shaky tone of voice and her eyes widened, then she quickly took back control over her expression, she was a proper lady after all.
"Poor boy I hope you forgive me Mr Wainwright but I have to hope he is not caught then."

That's rather part of the issue - you... don't see the exact same Reality as everyone else. The Nephandi... they see the same Reality, and try to destroy it. Where you are a kindly soul who just might inconvenience other Mages, possibly endanger them to some extent by accident, that's a very long stretch from deliberately trying to bring about the end of everything. I... don't think the young fellow is a deliberate threat to the world right now, but unless something can be done, he will eventually descend along what they call the Black Spiral, and end up endangering his surroundings merely because of what he is, and how his Avatar pushes him.

"Yes my reality is different from yours Mr Wainwright, I am not further removed than being able to interact with your world but when I look out over this peaceful neighborhood I would hazard a bet what I see if different from what your eyes would perceive. A Marauder that is further gone would not know what they are or be able to understand that there is a difference. I do try to limit how flashy magick I do though, a lady is always discreet and I know that being around me when I am casting might harm other mages and I do not want to cause anyone any inconvenience."
The nurse said.
"I see so that young man wishes to destroy reality...that is quite an unacceptable goal in life, I can see why the Traditions want to eliminate him, still the fate you say await him seam needlessly cruel."

At this point in time, he's a decent fellow, standing up against torture, taking a beating to protect others, and even spared my life and fled instead of killing me and fighting his way out. Having to stop him is unpalatable and regrettable, but necessary for the sake of the world's continued existence..."

Helga sigh and looked up at the stars.
"I acknowledge that you are right Mr Wainwright, but can nothing be done to help him...nothing but destroying his magick? That just sounds so awful. I can not imagine how any mage can live without their magick, there have to be something that van be done for from what you say right now he is a sweet young gentleman that deserve better."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2016 1:42 pm

Colin shook his head, "No offense was taken; I am as aware of my penmanship as I am of my injuries. I suppose my skill would be more likely to be appreciated at parties if it were a matter of artistic expression, rather than a matter of accurate depiction; while most people appreciate a good caricature with exaggerations, they tend to be a little more self-conscious of accurate depictions of what they perceive as flaws."
He nodded, "I myself cannot do that, but yes, it can be done, and it is... worse than terrible. I'm inclined to agree with your hope, as a matter of sympathy, but at the same time, I cannot stand idly by and watch him run, either."
He smiled, perhaps a little sadly, "Your reality is closer than you might suspect. It might be potentially unpleasant for me in the long run, but then, so can mine..."
He sighed, "I do not know for certain if there is another option... but some friends of mine are trying to create one, trying to prove that the Nephandi's twisting of magic can be undone. If it is possible... if an inverted Avatar can be restored, then I hope we only catch him after that process is proven, that he might have a chance to redeem it..."
He shook his head, "But that is in the realm of What If, while we have to work with What Is. It's cruel, and rather unfair, but there's no way around it just yet. Good evening, ma'am, I've got to get back upstairs."
He sighed again and trudged up to find Horton again.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 27, 2016 2:14 pm

Colin shook his head, "No offense was taken; I am as aware of my penmanship as I am of my injuries. I suppose my skill would be more likely to be appreciated at parties if it were a matter of artistic expression, rather than a matter of accurate depiction; while most people appreciate a good caricature with exaggerations, they tend to be a little more self-conscious of accurate depictions of what they perceive as flaws."

"We all have our flaws Mr Wainwright but yes confronting them are not always comfortable, I do think you give yourself to little credit though Sir if I may say so, your drawing is quite good."
Helga said and gave another polite smile.

He nodded, "I myself cannot do that, but yes, it can be done, and it is... worse than terrible. I'm inclined to agree with your hope, as a matter of sympathy, but at the same time, I cannot stand idly by and watch him run, either."

"I...my goodness now that is a possibility it is not comfortable to consider."
The nurse said and hid a sudden fear behind a fairly well controlled stoic facade.
"I understand that you can not let the boy go Sir, there is a war for reality going on and you and him are enemies, so technically are you and I, but then I have no need to make the world chaotic or for everyone to see my reality so I prefer to remain on the sidelines in this conflict."

He smiled, perhaps a little sadly, "Your reality is closer than you might suspect. It might be potentially unpleasant for me in the long run, but then, so can mine..."

"Well I am told technology is different, but I can not truly grasp it, at least though what is possible in my reality and in yours are fairly the same so I am able to limit himself to what Mr Horton calls coincidental magick to avoid doing harm to others."
She assured you softly.

He sighed, "I do not know for certain if there is another option... but some friends of mine are trying to create one, trying to prove that the Nephandi's twisting of magic can be undone. If it is possible... if an inverted Avatar can be restored, then I hope we only catch him after that process is proven, that he might have a chance to redeem it..."

"I see, I wish your friends the very best of luck then Sir and hope they are successful I will keep them in my prayers."
Helga said and looked down into her mostly empty cup of coffee.
"I hope so as well that there is a way to help that lad available before he gets captured, I do hope that he is given a chance."

He shook his head, "But that is in the realm of What If, while we have to work with What Is. It's cruel, and rather unfair, but there's no way around it just yet. Good evening, ma'am, I've got to get back upstairs."

""Yes Mr Wainwright, sadly you are right, it is most unfortunate but true, we have to relate to what is and not what we hope might one day be."
The nurse said sadly as she stood.
"Yes off course Sir do forgive me for keeping you, I have to check on our two other patients now anyway, to make sure all of these troubles this evening have not upset them."
She said.
"Do have a good evening Sir."
Helga said before she headed back inside and walked towards the bedrooms on the first floor.

He sighed again and trudged up to find Horton again.

Alex where clearly on the phone with Chief Joakim and you hear him say.
"I see well that do complicate matters, well Mr Wainwright do seam to think the boy can be trusted at least for now and if he where going to call his superiors chances are he would have already done so...hum yes Sir, holding off for now and waiting to see if the boy calls, yes I do believe to to be the safest option...very good Sir I will keep you posted."
The Etherite said then he hung up and looked to you.
"How did things go on your end Mr Wainwright...Chief Joakim have agreed to hold off on searching for the Nephandus for now and see if he calls but once we have spoken with the boy we do need to try to hunt him down, we have no other choice."
He said in a grim tone of voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 27, 2016 2:33 pm

Colin smiled, "Thank you. I know my work is accurate, but it... lacks the soul I can draw out of silver. I find that what I commit to paper is precise, much like a naturalist's picture of an insect, but what I make from metal has a certain vivaciousness to it. It's a simple distinction in where I can depict and where I can express."
He shook his head, "I don't think you are an enemy - a complication at most, but I'm fairly certain Marauders are not considered Enemies of Ascension."
He nodded, "The technology is much the same, really - oh, certainly, machines can be made smaller while able to do the same thing faster and more reliably, but the underlying principles haven't really changed much, as you say. Two-way radios are more refined, and one can walk around with one in one's pocket instead of a large behemoth strapped to one's back, for example, but the novelty of it all wears off quickly."
He smiled thinly and held up the little envelope, "The good nurse was able to provide cotton swabs from the chap's examination, complete with residual blood. They should be good for some time, at least - as I understand it, severing the sympathetic link to blood is a little trickier than hair. You... might want to hold on to the vials; nurse Brinkerhoff did express some concern about the cost of these modern plastics. I'm sure she would appreciate getting them back after sterilization."
He frowned, "So, what is it that complicates matters?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next