Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

5 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 22 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:25 pm

Colin grimaced, "Phobias are... not good, especially when they're justified. I hope the poor dear is faring a little better now?"

"She is thank you, she is getting better...though it is not easy to be a child vampire, I do not hold out much hope as to her longevity, then again her Sire is old and powerful so she might stand a chance, at least she is getting over what I was forced to do to her...though it is slow going."
Kristina said sadly.
"She is a sweet child to."

He nodded to Daisy, settling down in a seat and rubbing at his temples, "Quite so... it might have enough awareness to target us individually rather than just hit everyone and everything like a blind idiot demon, but it seems to be little more than that...

"If there is consciousness there it is rather alien and different from what we know, but yes it might be able to target us, then again perhaps it is our own minds doing the job and it just have to be there...in either case it matters little whatever it thinks or not, we just have to figure out how to get rid of it."
Daisy said and took another turn.

Yes, the signal is holding. I can, hm, faintly perceive its presence, sort of like noticing someone trying to speak at normal volume during a Manowar concert, but that's pretty much the extent of it."

"Good, let me know if the signal weakens and I will restart the program for you, but it is a stop gap and nothing more, the protections my programs can provide will not last forever."
She said and Kristina looked up from where she had been tending to Carmon.
"Neither will mine but perhaps it will be enough until we can take care of this thing."
The Verbena commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 22 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Strawberry can make a distraction, i can take out the spirits, or free them if you let me work. If someone can take out the two freshmen, then alessa with someone else can handle the werewolve at the door. Then the rest will have to face the big fera boss, i'd say 3 of us, and the rest will have a free way to get into the guarded room and take the ones inside. I bet they are torturing or grooming them for the ritual right now.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:54 pm

Strawberry can make a distraction, i can take out the spirits, or free them if you let me work. If someone can take out the two freshmen,

"One step of the time, we need the distraction and ehm...Strawberry can take care of that, if you can work with the spirits that might be serving our enemies that is good however the way I understand it the other Nephandi is inside the building, while we need a general plan, assigning them to someone might be hard when we do not know the situation inside the building nor what they will be able to do, for the first step we need to get past the man guarding the door and get inside."
Antonio said as he left the car and joined up with the group from the alchemist's car outside of the convenience store.

then alessa with someone else can handle the werewolve at the door. Then the rest will have to face the big fera boss,

"Which fera boss, from what I understand from Alessa's messages there is one shape changer, the one at the door and he is the one I am worrying about getting past without him having the time to raise the alarms."
The Scribe continues.

i'd say 3 of us, and the rest will have a free way to get into the guarded room and take the ones inside. I bet they are torturing or grooming them for the ritual right now.

"They might be...we do not know the condition of the prisoners but the first step is to get inside and to do that we need to get past the doorman without him having a chance to call for help."
Antonio said then he filled the other group in.
"It seams there is one shape changer and three at least Nephandi inside, our first hurdle is getting past the man at the door, the worst thing that could happen is if he calls for help from the Labyrinth itself...then we might be in very big trouble."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:00 pm

"There we go it was in the creases of his shirt, I do not think I hurt him checking for it." She said and handed the small, spotted stone back to you.

"Thank you," he said, hastily taking it and looking at which one it was that she gave him.

Hans picket up the call though it got pretty garbled once the scrambler was activated. "Hello...it is I." The Virtual Adept said his voice sounding muffled in the bad reception but you could understand him. "What do you need?"

He was just glad that the signal seemed enough if barely but he tried to impart things succinctly in case that shifted suddenly. "We're being tailed by an outsider spirit that creates an aura of intense despair. We're heading for an area with fewer sleepers and stronger gauntlet but we need help to banish it. Can you use spatial ars to lock onto us and hep banish it? Our phones are shaky but we have the stones. I have one in hand," he said, telling him which. "If you can use it exclude banishing anything within my personal spiritual space, do so. I am also under a spirit shield," he added, to keep the shard safe.

"I am getting us there now...one of the office districts, a busy active part of the city, quite reinforced by the Consensus, but most of those offices are closed at this time of night."

"Good, if they're not the ones by Sears Tower. Don't want to go that way." Well, if anyone Daisy would probably know that there Technocrats over that way, even if they pretended to all go home at 5 pm. Plus there were vampires...that would be bringing Carmon in the wrong direction The conversations floating around him, unless pertinent to what he needed to do, were for now ignored in favor of trying to keep himself steady and on task. Though he was concerned about what bits he heard had happened and was happening to Colin and the others, there was not the luxury now of commenting on it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:47 pm

"Thank you," he said, hastily taking it and looking at which one it was that she gave him.

The Norwegian stone, Tronjemit, it looks like the surface of a swallow's egg though this was not egg skaped but more was a little irregular nugget.

He was just glad that the signal seemed enough if barely but he tried to impart things succinctly in case that shifted suddenly. "We're being tailed by an outsider spirit that creates an aura of intense despair. We're heading for an area with fewer sleepers and stronger gauntlet but we need help to banish it. Can you use spatial ars to lock onto us and hep banish it? Our phones are shaky but we have the stones. I have one in hand," he said, telling him which.

"That do not sound good, I will see what I can do..."
Hans said and you heard allot of typing.
"I can lock onto that stone but it is some difficulty with whatever protection rote you have up, I can break through but then that rote will probably go down as well though I can try to just modify it remotely to allow me access...I can try to banish the entity yes...let me know when you are in position and whatever or not you want me to break that scrambler or whatever you have up or not and I will do what I can Mr Roth Hicks."
The Virtual Adept Master said.
"Hum...it might be better for me to get one of the Masters of Spirit though come to think of it, I can open a portal and they can do a working to banish the thing through that, Outsider things, now they tend to be hard to deal with I am not sure my own knowledge of the spirit world is enough."
Hans quickly added.

"If you can use it exclude banishing anything within my personal spiritual space, do so. I am also under a spirit shield," he added, to keep the shard safe.

"Personal protections should not matter, but there is a bubble around you...I suspect it is cast on the car you are in, that might have to go."

"Good, if they're not the ones by Sears Tower. Don't want to go that way." Well, if anyone Daisy would probably know that there Technocrats over that way, even if they pretended to all go home at 5 pm. Plus there were vampires...that would be bringing Carmon in the wrong direction

"No, we do not want to do there."
Daisy said and she sounded like she knew very well that there where elements that your group did not want to meet just yet in that district.
"We are here, this is the safest place with the strongest Gauntlet and fewest sleepers I could find in my internal database."
Daisy informed you and around you there are the bright lights from show windows and over the shops offices, you where in a office district but these where more small firms, public services and other such establishments than just business and economics. There where not many people around most had gone home and the offices and stores where closed but you see a lady carrying cleaning equipment locking up in one of the buildings, she flipped up her wallet and looked sadly at a picture as you passed, the presence of the Outsider thing where affecting sleepers to it seamed though perhaps not as strongly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:13 pm

"I can lock onto that stone but it is some difficulty with whatever protection rote you have up...Hum...it might be better for me to get one of the Masters of Spirit though come to think of it, I can open a portal and they can do a working to banish the thing through that, Outsider things, now they tend to be hard to deal with I am not sure my own knowledge of the spirit world is enough..

Then to Mr Harris, "Alright, contact them. I'll try to keep the line open, tell you when we get there. When we get to the spot we can cut the scrambler to give you an opening unless you need it down sooner?" he agreed. "Will it help if we start a banishing up or something else to assist?" he asked.

To the others he explained, "If he's going to help, the scrambler's probably got to go down, probably when we get to the area. He senses a bubble around the car and interference."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:03 pm

Colin nodded to Daisy, "It's not as though I can do better myself. A fairly... substantial gap in my repertoire, I'm afraid."
He grinned sheepishly at Adley, "Sorry about that. I hoped to get it up in time to try to derail the little bastard. Got it up too late, and while it might keep scrying at bay, it probably won't do much good while that thing is still on us... Taking it down now."
He ran the tip of his Chaos Wand down the side of the van, like striking a match, and dismissed the scrambling effect. "My bad - the thing distracted me enough to keep me from realizing it had already caught up."

((OOC: Chilling with a pint of Arrogant Bastard Ale. A pretty exclusive brand; it's not just good for an American ale; it's a good ale, period. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:21 pm

Then to Mr Harris, "Alright, contact them. I'll try to keep the line open, tell you when we get there. When we get to the spot we can cut the scrambler to give you an opening unless you need it down sooner?" he agreed. "Will it help if we start a banishing up or something else to assist?" he asked.

"I am getting them now."
Hans said and you heard the rather large man running through the Chantry hallway.
"Master Min...can I have a moment of your time, there is a nasty spirit that needs banishing can you go to the computer room...good thank you I will explain later..."
You hear him talking to someone he passed in the hallway then he address you again though the garbled reception makes him hard to hear.
"No, it should be enough to take the scrambler down once you are in position. I do not know if it will help to start the banishing first, but I am pretty sure it will not hurt."

To the others he explained, "If he's going to help, the scrambler's probably got to go down, probably when we get to the area. He senses a bubble around the car and interference."

"That will probably be the scrambler yes."
Adjan said, the Euthanatos looked strained and the hand holding his dice was shaking as he tried to keep the monstrous spirit away from the car.
"We can do it here, there should be a parking lot coming up, we can part there for a moment, but as we take the scrambler down we might be even more vulnerable, Master Harris are going to have to act quickly Mr Roth Hicks."
Daisy said and took a turn to the left and drove onto a large, empty parking long in front of a large building full of rented out office spaces, the place was well lit from the windows of the building behind it.

Colin nodded to Daisy, "It's not as though I can do better myself. A fairly... substantial gap in my repertoire, I'm afraid."

Daisy nodded.
"We all have our strengths and weaknesses Mr Wainwright."
She said.

He ran the tip of his Chaos Wand down the side of the van, like striking a match, and dismissed the scrambling effect. "My bad - the thing distracted me enough to keep me from realizing it had already caught up."

The conversation with Hans over the phone got clearer as Colin took down his rote and Adley you hear Harris say.
"Ok let me know when you are ready, Master Min might be able to help you, and I will open a portal for him to work through, be careful though, all of you."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply me and my husband had a movie night.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:45 am

He grinned sheepishly at Adley, "Sorry about that. I hoped to get it up in time to try to derail the little bastard. Got it up too late, and while it might keep scrying at bay, it probably won't do much good while that thing is still on us... Taking it down now." He ran the tip of his Chaos Wand down the side of the van, like striking a match, and dismissed the scrambling effect. "My bad - the thing distracted me enough to keep me from realizing it had already caught up."

"Wait till we get to the spot, he's getting help...and your rote could be saving us other problems."

"No, it should be enough to take the scrambler down once you are in position. I do not know if it will help to start the banishing first, but I am pretty sure it will not hurt."

"Good. Please relate what I said; my personal, internal spiritual space needs to be clear of it." Then he put the phone under his chin to say to Cara, "We can try to help." To the others, "Keep an eye out in case they're following it."

"We can do it here, there should be a parking lot coming up, we can part there for a moment, but as we take the scrambler down we might be even more vulnerable, Master Harris are going to have to act quickly Mr Roth Hicks." Daisy said
Harris say. "Ok let me know when you are ready, Master Min might be able to help you, and I will open a portal for him to work through, be careful though, all of you.

"Everyone get ready! Does it look clear?" Assuming it was, he gave the 'go' to the magii on the line.

// @Warp - arrogant bastard ale, I've had that before. Stone Brewing makes good stuff! How's it stack up to your personal brew?  
@Anya, hope you had a good time and no worries at all. I doubt that they got a chance to start up the banishing trying to sort out the logistics while the drove

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:39 am

"Good. Please relate what I said; my personal, internal spiritual space needs to be clear of it." Then he put the phone under his chin to say to Cara, "We can try to help." To the others, "Keep an eye out in case they're following it."

"I will relate to Master Min what you said."
Hans said and you hear the Virtual Adept run back to the computer room and then quickly and a bit out of breath explaining things for Min.

Cara nodded.
"I am ready, I can start the working when you are ready as well Sodalis."
The young Criamon said and nodded.

"I am keeping and eye out, and I suspect they are following that thing at a bit of distance so they can pick up Carmon again."
Adjan said and glanced out the back window.
"I will keep watch Mr Roth Hicks."
Daisy said simply.

"Everyone get ready! Does it look clear?" Assuming it was, he gave the 'go' to the magii on the line.

"It looks clear to me."
Adjan said and Daisy nodded.
"My scans detect only birds in the immediate vicinity other than us.

There was a shimmering in the air just outside of the van, there where no big split in space where you could see Morningstar's computer room, but there where that shimmering and then you heard a man's voice, it was soft and yet stern. Many of the words where similar to the ones you had heard when you stopped the group of judges from Gilgulling Beatrice, through directed at a malignant spirit and not a person. The Guernicus was not pulling any punches though he was not just trying to banish that Outsider thing, he was trying to destroy it and he did appear to have an effect for those whispers on the outskirts of the protections Daisy had given you grew tinner.

(OOC: I did have a good time thank you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:15 am

(Nothing to add so far)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:21 am

"Very well, Mr Karyak if you start with the spirits then we will see what we can do with the doorman."
Antonio said. A short man with dark blond, graying hair and blue eyes dressed in gray pants, a white shirt and a gray sweater stepped forward.
"You where the one that asked about silver daggers right?"
He asked.
"Ah forgive my rudeness I am Darrian Haagen Hermes bani Solificati...I have gotten some made but without my laboratory it is slow going."
He said and handed you a large handkerchief in which there where three, fine quality silver daggers.
"Please distribute them Mr Karyak this is what I could get done in the car."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:39 am

Colin smiled weakly, "True enough... Not every Mage can grasp all nine Spheres, as it were. An understanding of six seems impressive enough."
He sighed a breath of relief as Master Min did his work, and the voice faded even further into nothingness, "After the thing is gone, I can raise the scrambler again, if you so like."

((OOC: How does Arrogant Bastard Ale compare to my brew? Uhm, how do you compare beer and wine?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:18 am

Colin smiled weakly, "True enough... Not every Mage can grasp all nine Spheres, as it were. An understanding of six seems impressive enough."

"Yes most do not grasp all nine Spheres at least not to a great extent, and even then how that understanding manifests tend to be very individual based on Paradigm and working methods, magick are seldom uniform from mage to mage."
Daisy said as she stopped the car on the empty parking lot.

He sighed a breath of relief as Master Min did his work, and the voice faded even further into nothingness, "After the thing is gone, I can raise the scrambler again, if you so like."

"I think that is a good idea Colin I doubt that Matty or whoever pulled that damned spirit out of their ass...ah forgive the language Deaconess...did so just to send it after us, probably they will be coming for us once they think the Outsider thing have done it's work."
Adjan said as he kept watch.
"Agreed."
Daisy muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:33 pm

"Thanks," he said to Harris, feeling bad for making the man rush about. "Put that stone back to where it was before if it's not needed so we can get him out in an emergency?"

"I am keeping and eye out, and I suspect they are following that thing at a bit of distance so they can pick up Carmon again."
Adjan said and glanced out the back window.

"Anything we can do to stop them following via the umbra?" he asked. "Or keep him from being taken out by hostile teleport?"

Once the portal shimmered into existence he heard the Spirit Mater try to destroy the thing, much as his pater had when they were in the forest. He couldn't destroy that thing, banishing was at the edge of his power currently even with help. And apparently these things were hard to get rid of even for more accomplished magii than he. But they could at least help. He gathered his wits and concentration as best he could, while the nasty feelings receeded somewhat, and said, "Old form, Latin plainchant, go." And then began working, trying to keep in sync with Cara...

// well whups my bad I thought you had made beer not wine, Warp, I mis-remembered. Not much to compare >.<

s2: 6,9,4 - 4,6,9 for the working, depending how many rounds we get/need.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:17 pm

"Thanks," he said to Harris, feeling bad for making the man rush about. "Put that stone back to where it was before if it's not needed so we can get him out in an emergency?"

"Do not mention it, the last thing we need is the Nephandi getting their sacrifice back...I do think it is better in an emergency I just get you all out of there though yes, sure put the stone back for now, I should be able to calculate how big the car is from that and get you out if need be."

"Anything we can do to stop them following via the umbra?" he asked. "Or keep him from being taken out by hostile teleport?"

"Wards would help, but let me in through them in case I need to get you all out, some sort of scrambler, anything you got that can repel the magick of other mages."
Hans advised.

He gathered his wits and concentration as best he could, while the nasty feelings receeded somewhat, and said, "Old form, Latin plainchant, go." And then began working, trying to keep in sync with Cara...

Cara nodded and begun, her magick was incredibly precise it was as if she had been willworking all her life and considering that she looked to be younger than Beatrice and was an Adept with an apprentice, chances where that she had done just that, her hands moving elegantly as she chanted, her words precise and you felt her clean magick that still felt like melding ice in the spring join with yours as you tried to assist Master Min in dealing with the Outsider thing.

Your words and will pushed against that foul spirit and it was a little like taking something beautiful and pure and tossing it on the floor of a public bathroom late one Saturday evening, it was disgusting to work magick on the thing but as you worked to push it back and Master Min's far more aggressive magick attacked it the spirit had to give way, even so you feel dirty touching the Resonance of what should not be. In the back of your head you hear the accusations...the doubts...
"What will you do when the Council finds your brother guilty...you will loose him...your Mentor will loose another apprentice and it will be your fault."
"If you had been quicker and not laid on the floor in Cita's apartment puking your guts out perhaps you could have stopped the ritual before it started...do you think your sister will ever fully recover? And what when her tiny body can not take the pain anymore...do you think you will be able to not do something horrible if it can safe her?"
The taunts and accusations continued...and then...suddenly they where gone, it was as if a bubble had been popped and where there had been a feeling of darkness that weighted heavily on everyone in the car, new light shone. You could hear Master Min draw a somewhat ragged breath the old mage sounded like if he had been running a few miles but the spirit was gone, there where no doubt about that.
"Now...you should go while you have the chance, that spirit is dead...well as dead as something that do not exist can be...but you never know if they come back, reality works differently in their realm."
The Guernicus panted between deep breaths he sounded exhausted and he muttered a few words in Latin that you did not learn in most collage classes but which you had heard your Mentor shout quite a few times when he felt the situation was deserving of a bit of an exclamation.

Cara looked at you, tears had rolled down her cheeks the spirit had affected her as well.
"We...should work on some protections Sodalis."
The Criamon said she was pale and her lip was stiff, she was not ready for questions about what the Outsider thing had whispered in her ear, she just wanted to see this through, protect the others, do her job, for while that oppressive presence was gone the doubts it left in the mind could be hard to shake.
"Let us protect the car and get out of here."
Cara muttered.
"Damned Nephandi and their damned pet spirits."

(OOC: Well that should do it since the dice seam to like Min allot. The spellwork took about let us say five minutes. Outsider thing is gone...for now. I think it is mead that Warp makes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Colin nodded, "I'm sure they will try to track us still - but I'm not good enough to give the scrambler a back door, as it were; it'll block both friendly and hostile attempts to pinpoint us in equal measure. But from what I can gather, it's not necessarily effective against simple eyesight, even if it seems able to counter non-mundane senses, like those spirits that pursued us when I was off to retrieve the Brookes earlier... Right now, with that outsider in the car with us, it's an impairment, though."
As the dark, oppressive sensation vanished, he sighed and started setting up another scrambling ward.

((OOC: First Arete roll for another scrambler: 5,7,9. Second roll: 3,6,9. Third roll: 2,5,6. Fourth roll: 2,2,9... Chickening out there, hoping that will suffice. Razz ))
((OOC2: Well, I suppose you could compare mead and ale in terms of flavor and percentage, but it wouldn't make much sense...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:26 pm

Do not mention it, the last thing we need is the Nephandi getting their sacrifice back...I do think it is better in an emergency I just get you all out of there though yes, sure put the stone back for now, I should be able to calculate how big the car is from that and get you out if need be."

"Very well." He looked down at Carmon apologetically and, if Kristina was still too busy applying the mental assistance to him to return it, put the stone back somewhere it would not fall again, mindful of touching anything bloody or anywhere near the stake. "Pardon."

"Wards would help, but let me in through them in case I need to get you all out, some sort of scrambler, anything you got that can repel the magick of other mages."
"I'm sure they will try to track us still - but I'm not good enough to give the scrambler a back door, as it were; it'll block both friendly and hostile attempts to pinpoint us in equal measure. But from what I can gather, it's not necessarily effective against simple eyesight, even if it seems able to counter non-mundane senses, like those spirits that pursued us when I was off to retrieve the Brookes earlier... Right now, with that outsider in the car with us, it's an impairment, though."

He glanced towards where Adjan was sitting. "Would that rote you know work to cover visuals to get us clear? Or is it too much risk?" he asked. He knew he could do something to make people not notice him but he had no idea if he could do it to an entire car or how vulgar that would make the spell.

Working alongside Cara was a boon. Her presence helped contrast the feeling of the thing that should not be there but it was still awful. Trying to get rid of it, he could sense its influence again eroding away his hope and ability to think creatively. Losing Kyle...the shame of losing control over his own body when he was teleported to Horizon what it had cost. Testing the limits on what he would do to save her before he too did something monstrous...they all felt like foregone conclusions though logic demanded that they were not, at least not yet. Much as Colin had tried to instill upon him that not everything was his fault, the suffering of his own limitations, belief that they should try instead of give up to what seemed inexorable, guilt and shame and blame...misunderstandings, naivete...and the doubts...doubts he never had before this week...were like a heavy weight against his innate will, trying to diminish his internal fires. Then suddenly they were gone and it felt as if he mentally fell forward, whatever he was trying to push against removed. He breathed out, dropping his shaking hands and turned to Cara. His sodalis was in a similar state as he but she snapped back to what needed to be done quickly despite her evident distress.

"We...should work on some protections Sodalis." The Criamon said she was pale and her lip was stiff, she was not ready for questions about what the Outsider thing had whispered in her ear, she just wanted to see this through, protect the others, do her job, for while that oppressive presence was gone the doubts it left in the mind could be hard to shake. "Let us protect the car and get out of here." Cara muttered. "Damned Nephandi and their damned pet spirits."

"Agreed, let's go...this time I assist you," he said the last to Cara, as it was clear she was more skilled with wards and primal ars than he was. He got ready to work with her again while that surge of relief was still there and the mental and spiritual fatigue tried to set in.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:54 pm

Colin nodded, "I'm sure they will try to track us still - but I'm not good enough to give the scrambler a back door, as it were; it'll block both friendly and hostile attempts to pinpoint us in equal measure. But from what I can gather, it's not necessarily effective against simple eyesight, even if it seems able to counter non-mundane senses, like those spirits that pursued us when I was off to retrieve the Brookes earlier... Right now, with that outsider in the car with us, it's an impairment, though."

"I think right now having a scrambler up so we have a chance of not being found by the Nephandi out looking for Carmon is more important than having a back door to said rote Mr Wainwright."
Daisy said.
"Though if Master Harris are going to get us, and my presence will make that harder, you might want to stand ready to take your magick down again if need be."
She added.
"Well we are going to have to hope they do not get close enough to see us then."

As the dark, oppressive sensation vanished, he sighed and started setting up another scrambling ward.

Your magick is a little wobbly, it have been a long night and your concentration are not stellar and the scrambler feel rather cobbled together, let us just say it is not your best work but after a few minutes of spellworking you do manage to get it up, though it is not as strong as it was before.

"Very well." He looked down at Carmon apologetically and, if Kristina was still too busy applying the mental assistance to him to return it, put the stone back somewhere it would not fall again, mindful of touching anything bloody or anywhere near the stake. "Pardon."

Kristina was busy with some kind of magick at least, manipulating her crystals on the floor of the van though the protection spell on Carmon seams to be complete. Finding somewhere to touch with no blood was rather hard though as the undead blood mage had been beaten mercilessly and there where splatter everywhere, you put the stone in the folds of his clothing and he do not seam to mind he just looks at you with those sad, tired eyes.

He glanced towards where Adjan was sitting. "Would that rote you know work to cover visuals to get us clear? Or is it too much risk?" he asked. He knew he could do something to make people not notice him but he had no idea if he could do it to an entire car or how vulgar that would make the spell.

"It should, through it is not invisibility, it is more not being noticed by chance, think of it like when you are looking for your keys and you miss them in plain sight because you are just so used to seeing whatever they are on that they sort of fade into the background, the same but with us and the car, so it is not foolproof. I may eat some Dox but not allot it sort of works with how our brains work anyway, there are even ways to learn to do similar things in a mundane way, reducing the chance of being noticed, that is all the rote dos."
Adjan said.
"But yeah I should be able to do that for the car, it should not be to much risk, though if someone just look for magick all the spells we are putting on the car will sort of glow like a Christmas tree."
He warned.

"Agreed, let's go...this time I assist you," he said the last to Cara, as it was clear she was more skilled with wards and primal ars than he was. He got ready to work with her again while that surge of relief was still there and the mental and spiritual fatigue tried to set in.

"Very well...same set up, old gestures, standard warning techniques, plainchant..."
Cara muttered and she begun to call the Forces to banish and protect the space within and without the car. Her ritual work was slow, methodical and precise and you could feel that she was powerful, Criamon was known for being powerful mages especially with the more esoteric Arts, unfortunately they tended to loose themselves in them. Cara called the guardians of the watchtowers, using Latin and Greek, and placed the car in the palm of their hands, protecting it from all who would harm it.
"Appello tutores quatuor ventis, spatio ad sacra aula moenia nihil mali patiantur penetret haec voluntas!"
The Criamon called, her crisp, pure magick joining with yours.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:42 pm

Colin nodded to Daisy, "Pretty much; the scrambler is designed to make us harder to identify - a resonance randomizer, if you will - and it's easy enough to pull apart from the inside. I've not seen how difficult it might be to pluck down from the outside, obviously..."
He grimaced as the ward was raised again, "Well, it should hold... for now. I think I'm going to need a warm hug before I'm back to proper form, though... Seems that thing gave me more persistent distractions than I thought; that was not my best work..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:48 pm

Colin nodded to Daisy, "Pretty much; the scrambler is designed to make us harder to identify - a resonance randomizer, if you will - and it's easy enough to pull apart from the inside. I've not seen how difficult it might be to pluck down from the outside, obviously..."

"Hum...well what we need is not being detected. I think it should probably be about as easy or hard as taking down any other rote."
Daisy said.
"I however as long as you can get it down quickly that should do I think, in case we need to be teleported out, though I can also try to open a portal for us if need be, though I am not as precise as Master Harris, getting us from here to right outside Morningstar should be possible and I can work inside of the scrambler."
The Deaconess commented.

He grimaced as the ward was raised again, "Well, it should hold... for now. I think I'm going to need a warm hug before I'm back to proper form, though... Seems that thing gave me more persistent distractions than I thought; that was not my best work..."

"Well my connection to the satellite system is...scrambled so I would say it still works Mr Wainwright and we where all shook up by that thing..."
Daisy said then she asked generally.
"Should I drive, I do not like to stay out here to long in case they find us."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:46 pm

Finding somewhere to touch with no blood was rather hard though as the undead blood mage had been beaten mercilessly and there where splatter everywhere, you put the stone in the folds of his clothing and he do not seam to mind he just looks at you with those sad, tired eyes.

Not wishing to touch all that mess with bare hands given it was essentially poison even if he found a decent spot, he'll at least try to give some additional protection against it with some cloth.

"But yeah I should be able to do that for the car, it should not be to much risk, though if someone just look for magick all the spells we are putting on the car will sort of glow like a Christmas tree."

"Maybe not with that rote of Colin's on..." he hoped. "Maybe someone can conceal some of our resonance," he thought out loud. "But yes, let's be gone from here," he said, in a tone that seemed to ask why they were not in fact already moving.

"Well, it should hold... for now. I think I'm going to need a warm hug before I'm back to proper form, though... Seems that thing gave me more persistent distractions than I thought; that was not my best work..."

"Understandable, amicus but it is up," he said.

"Very well...same set up, old gestures, standard warning techniques, plainchant..." Cara muttered and she begun to call the Forces to banish and protect the space within and without the car.

He gave a nod that he understood and joined in, lending as much support as he was able to her work. Her precision under stress seemed impeccable and seemed unhurried. In turn this slowed him down as he tried to pace with her, even if he felt the urge to hurry it was curbed back to something manageable.

Forces and prime I assume for Cara's rote?: 5,0,7 if so

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Not wishing to touch all that mess with bare hands given it was essentially poison even if he found a decent spot, he'll at least try to give some additional protection against it with some cloth.

You use a handkerchief and manage to not get any of Carmon's blood on your fingers that you can see at least, most of his blood is dried anyway though he is still a mess.

"Maybe not with that rote of Colin's on..." he hoped. "Maybe someone can conceal some of our resonance," he thought out loud. "But yes, let's be gone from here," he said, in a tone that seemed to ask why they were not in fact already moving.

"I will see what I can do about the Resonance as soon as I cast the rote to lessen the chance that we are seen."
Adjan said and started rolling his dice again muttering something under his breath as he did so. Daisy got the car in motion and swung out of the convenience store parking lot.

He gave a nod that he understood and joined in, lending as much support as he was able to her work. Her precision under stress seemed impeccable and seemed unhurried. In turn this slowed him down as he tried to pace with her, even if he felt the urge to hurry it was curbed back to something manageable.

The wards got into place, fine lines of magick and will protecting the car against anyone who would work their own magick on it or attack it. Cara drew a deep breath once the rote was up and with her task complete the air seamed to go out of the proverbial balloon and she sort of sank down into a chair looking like you felt, wary and shook up.
"Let us hope that holds Sodalis."
She muttered.

As the green van left the parking lot another car with four people in it, one of them a woman with brown hair and black eyes wearing a hoodie drove into the parking lot where it stopped, as if those inside of the blue Mercedes where busy looking around, none seamed to look directly at the green van you where in through.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:25 pm

Colin nodded wearily and sank into his seat, "Alright, let's move out, keep our heads down..."
He glanced down at Adley's careful avoidance of Carmon's blood, "On another note, I was meaning to ask... aren't you being a teensy bit paranoid about touching vampire blood? I mean, I know it's poison to Magi, but I was under the distinct impression that it is only dangerous if ingested or injected. I mean, sure, one should be cautious about exposure to blood in any case, what with the disease vector issue, but unbroken skin and a good wash is supposed to be pretty efficient against most of that..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:14 pm

Adley noted the car, who was in it, the plate and other facets that might be relevant as best he could from where he was sitting without drawing undue attention, almost as if he were letting the facets pass through his awareness instead of concentrating specifically. He waited to see if they were going to have to act if they were noticed though, hands half raised off his lap to start up a spell, grab a weapon, act. If they were in not so dire a situation, seeing the car drive up like that, everyone confused, such a sight might be amusing. But the thought of it didn't even enter his mind.

"On another note, I was meaning to ask... aren't you being a teensy bit paranoid about touching vampire blood? I mean, I know it's poison to Magi, but I was under the distinct impression that it is only dangerous if ingested or injected. I mean, sure, one should be cautious about exposure to blood in any case, what with the disease vector issue, but unbroken skin and a good wash is supposed to be pretty efficient against most of that..."

"I would rather be 'paranoid,'" he said, tone brokering that he thought the word was not applicable, "than not careful enough in this instance," he replied. It was clear from his tone that felt both a sense of deep dismay and reticence, if not abhorrence at the notion of coming into contact with vampire blood. It was a source of destruction and had caused so much suffering. Plus they had been walking through mire and filth of all kinds thanks to the Nephandi and their allies; it was possible it was starting to produce some noticeable effects on his psyche. "The resonance is very unpleasant, at the very least," he added.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next