Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

5 posters

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 25 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:19 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "The Hope part is the one that makes me most assured of it being to our benefit... If a Fallen Avatar, regretting how it was changed, sees Hope in the darkness, then perhaps we can win that war... decisively."

"Yes...well whatever scares Fallen souls is good for us for now, and did not the young girl you retrieved also say that her Avatar reacted badly to yours?"
Joakim asked.
"I just do not like things I can not put my finger on and your Avatar is definitively one of those...ehm eh...though I am sure it is lovely."
He added just to make sure he did not offend you.

He pondered, "I just realized Lady Crexia might know someone... I would have to check with her; it's a possibility that might be beneficial."

"I see."
Joakim said and nodded.

He grinned wryly, "Well, considering the scarring is bone deep, lotion might be inadequate in any case. Military rocketry should not get this close to someone's head... You could say I had a rude awakening. And yes... despite getting shot down being the single most traumatic incident in my life... albeit with an incident today making an uncomfortably close second, I still love flying; the serenity of the open sky, the delight of full three-dimensional freedom of movement at my fingertips... Ah, I'm getting a bit sentimental..."

"A rocket I see, I did not want to ask...no I am afraid most methods of scar treatment are only effective on less severe scarring but you never know medical science get leaked out from the Technocracy all the time."
Jimmy said then he nodded.
"Well someone who can pilot aircraft should be quite useful to the Traditions."

He nodded and whispered in a reverent tone, "Not everyone bears it with the fortitude of that man; some wither away, so great is the loss... There's a reason why the Mercere call it the Founder's Path - that House is possibly made up of the hardiest of all Mages... One might say that his achievements are impressive for anyone but a Mercere."

"I...have heard that is the case yes that most who lose...most just waste away..."
Jimmy muttered in a hushed tone of voice.
"I have also heard that Mercere the Founder was one of those who...well the unfortunate ones but that he still managed to run his House...it is quite impressive and the Lord knows we need the Mercere with the Union being able to keep an eye on electronic communications."

He smiled and nodded, "Now don't you forget that. It's easy for an Awakened Mage to dismiss your ability as insignificant, but for those you help, and the ones who love them, you can make all the difference in the world. And that's what keeps the darkness at bay."

The young healer smiled.
"Thank you Sir, and I do appreciate what I can do, I do not need more than being able to make the elderly I care for have a better day, if I can do that I am content."
He said softly.

He perked up an ear and stepped over to Freddy, "Yes, luv, it's me. We just got back from the rescue mission, none the worse for wear. Have you slept well?"

"Good...did you kick their asses? Are we winning?"
Freddy asked then she gave a frustrated sigh.
"I feel rather useless on the sidelines but yes I did sleep well love and now it seams that I can see...blobs, everything is so fuzzy but at least I can make out shapes and I have to say you are the best looking slightly darker than the surroundings gray blob I have ever seen."
She muttered and grinned.

Tane:

"Yes I might want to learn how to use a gun...but that is for another day Mr Karyak. And yes I will let you know if something happens, very loudly I expect especially if something gos wrong."

He started chanting and trying to find what the spiritual defenses were.

You see a ward around the strorehouse, it looked to you like a oil slick colored wall of wrongness. You begin to unravel the Nephandic ward though and you are able to do so with no difficulty, the old chants and songs of your people tear down the wall that should not be, until there is nothing left. You do not think you raised any alarms either, and the defenses are gone.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 25 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:35 pm

((OOC: Oopsie, the comment about realizing Crexia might know Carmon was to Jimmy in the infirmary. Sorry I was a bit unclear on that; my bad.))

Colin winked to Joakim, "Please don't put your finger on my Avatar. We don't know where that finger has been."

He grinned to Jimmy, "Mundane pilot for a quarter century, and I'm expecting to become quite the adept Umbral pilot over the next few years, as well. I remember some of my upcoming training, so it should be... er, sorry, that probably didn't make much sense to you, did it?"
He nodded, "The Mercere embody some of the finest human qualities the Traditions have to offer."

He leaned slightly down over Freddy, "We're winning... We managed to steal their sacrificial vampire from under their noses, with no more damage to us than a ratbite... I got a tetanus shot for that, though, so it should be just peachy. We did get an Outsider Thing sicced on us, though, and it said some pretty awful things... I need a hug for that."
He grinned, "Good that your sight seems to be returning, though; you might need it since I signed you up for dance lessons with miss Willis here."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:35 pm

Colin winked to Joakim, "Please don't put your finger on my Avatar. We don't know where that finger has been."

Joakim gave you a bit of a look and then gave a sharp, roaring laugh.
"I will have to try to avoid that then."
He said with a wry grin.

He grinned to Jimmy, "Mundane pilot for a quarter century, and I'm expecting to become quite the adept Umbral pilot over the next few years, as well. I remember some of my upcoming training, so it should be... er, sorry, that probably didn't make much sense to you, did it?"

Jimmy looked rather confused.
"Ehm...no I am sorry Mr Wainwright, it do not make that much sense to me, but I am sure you will do well as an Umbral pilot and I do with you the best with it."

He nodded, "The Mercere embody some of the finest human qualities the Traditions have to offer."

Jimmy nodded.
"Yes they really do Mr Wainwright, they really do indeed so let us home the good Deacon here recovers from what those Nephandi did to him and get back on his feet..."
He muttered then he glanced at Dan.
"And that boy, he refuse to leave his teacher's side, even if he should get some proper rest himself."

He leaned slightly down over Freddy, "We're winning... We managed to steal their sacrificial vampire from under their noses, with no more damage to us than a ratbite... I got a tetanus shot for that, though, so it should be just peachy. We did get an Outsider Thing sicced on us, though, and it said some pretty awful things... I need a hug for that."

Freddy wrapped her slightly plump arms around you and hugged you.
"You did well love..."
She muttered then she sigh.
"Outsider Thing...I am not familiar with those but they certainly sounds unfriendly."

He grinned, "Good that your sight seems to be returning, though; you might need it since I signed you up for dance lessons with miss Willis here."

"Hello Miss Willis...I assume she is the smaller gray blob then."
Freddy said and grinned.
"Hello Miss Adlebloom, it is nice to meet you."
Cara said.
"And yes I do assume the smaller blob is me indeed."
Freddy gave a little weave then she gave you a bit of a look though her eyes did not fully focus properly yet.
"Dancing lessons...well now...that i am sure will be amusing...at least for you..."
She said and snickered.

(OOC: Ok I misread, well just about the same reply.)

(OOC2: The forum is hungry for posts today gentlemen so be sure to copy your posts before pressing send.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:54 pm

He pondered for a moment, "Her Avatar seemed... susceptible to reason and intimidation. I'm hardly an expert in these matters, but it seemed less powerful than, er, uniquely gifted. I would hazard its strength is more in mobility and flexibility than raw power, I think it can be handled. Especially with a Master present."
That is also possible and I guess it is less disturbing, even so perhaps we should wait discussing that torture in detail my good man until the unfortunate fellow it happened to have been shown to his quarters."

"Only part of it was, the other part wanted to destroy us...that former part was horrified and despaired at that and hated itself but tried to hold back the rest of it. At any rate ,I will explain what I experienced later in my report, as you said it's not good to speak of that now."

Colin nodded, "It is only a hypothesis for my part, anyway. Though I do note that it was afraid of my Avatar... what was it it called it? A galaxy of pain and destruction and hope?"

He looked over at Colin and gave him a nod.

"I see, good, I am trying not to touch him I am not sure how vampires do with Primium." Daisy said and hid the now exposed metal arm in the folds of her lace robes. "I should probably check on my Chantrymates they ehm...are not used to being away from home." She said and looked at you. "Can you care for our guest until someone else comes along...it was Mrs Knox that where going to sit with him the way I understood it."

He nodded to her. "Yes, that is also how I understood it. Of course, ma'am, again thank you for all your help. Please give my regards."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:03 pm

"Only part of it was, the other part wanted to destroy us...that former part was horrified and despaired at that and hated itself but tried to hold back the rest of it. At any rate ,I will explain what I experienced later in my report, as you said it's not good to speak of that now."

"Well we will discuss it at greater detail later, perhaps we can find some way to use this tormented soul's inner conflict to our advantage, even if the very idea of it is disgusting. But yes this is not the time or place for it, and I have to make sure your team was not followed back here Sodalis."
Joakim said.

He nodded to her. "Yes, that is also how I understood it. Of course, ma'am, again thank you for all your help. Please give my regards."

"I will do so Mr Roth Hicks, I will leave you here then unless you have further need of me..."
Daisy said and gave you a slight bow before she left the makeshift guest quarters, her heavy steps and the rustling of her lace coverings getting dimmer as she walked down the corridor.

Carmon lay in the bed looking at you as if he was trying to figure out some puzzle then fatigue seamed to overtake him and his gaze unfocused, vampires had to sleep during the day, but perhaps they also needed rest when emotionally exhausted.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:19 pm

I then try to see through the eyes of the soul, making the song of the spirits turn into something like the radars of the bats, to try and get some intel on how many people are inside and who this people is. You cannot hide your spirits without magic, and he doubted they would do it anyway.

Arete
8 4 2
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:54 pm

Colin scratched lightly at his cheek, "I'm going to have to ask Master Telar and our new Chantrymate for some help with a closer look at it. Mr. Karyak's talent should prove... interesting. But that's for when we get home after saving Chicago..."

He gave Jimmy a grin, "Memories of the future, and that sort of thing. Still a bit confusing to put into a language so thoroughly centered around linear time..."
He smiled thinly over at Dan, "He's a good kid; loyal almost to a fault... I hope the old man pulls through, even if he might have to step down from his duties as Deacon after such a harrowing experience, there's still much for him to live for, I think."

He hugged Freddy close, feeling a little more of the despair and worry slip away to the darker corners of his mind - still there, but pushed aside until it could be properly dealt with. "We met one in the marshes the other night, too, when we brought in Diego... Those things dredge up all our darkest thoughts by their mere presence, make you question everything you've done that might lead to someone getting hurt... They're pretty much Dementors, really. We got rid of it, though - possibly permanently."
He chuckled, "She described a meditative technique involving a measure of physical exercise. You did mention you might do with getting up and moving a bit more - if you're not too keen on joining me for a morning run at six, that might prove a less unpalatable alternative, hmm?"
He placed a soft kiss on her forehead, "Alright, luv, my little Nephandi girl has drawn me a map of the local Labyrinth; I rather need to bring it to the Chief's attention... It has been a long and bizarre night; I might be able to tell you all about it sometime, but for now, a summary is all I can do... I'll come see you after the assault on the Labyrinth, though, if I don't get a few minutes to do so before."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:27 pm

Tane:

It is hard for you to understand how echolocation would be manipulated so it would not be like what a bat would see, you could hear the song of the spirits in there though, six or seven strong and powerful ones that you are pretty sure are magi, one with the dynamic, free soul of a changer and several Umbroods, at least three or four of them. You do not really learn much about them though, but you can feel that they are there.

Colin:

Colin scratched lightly at his cheek, "I'm going to have to ask Master Telar and our new Chantrymate for some help with a closer look at it. Mr. Karyak's talent should prove... interesting. But that's for when we get home after saving Chicago..."

"I would be most interested in hearing what they learn my good man, if you would be inclined to share, but yes that would be a matter for when you and your party have returned home, and not right now."
Joakim said and nodded, though he did give Colin a slightly puzzled look as if he was trying to figure the man out.

He gave Jimmy a grin, "Memories of the future, and that sort of thing. Still a bit confusing to put into a language so thoroughly centered around linear time..."

"I see, yes that is certainly confusing Mr Wainwright, but living with mages for as long as I have, I have learned not to be to suprised by anything."
Jimmy said and grinned.
"So you ehm...have visions of the future?"

He smiled thinly over at Dan, "He's a good kid; loyal almost to a fault... I hope the old man pulls through, even if he might have to step down from his duties as Deacon after such a harrowing experience, there's still much for him to live for, I think."

"I hope so to, the boy will be devastated if his teacher should die, I do not know how to help the Deacon though other than again to keep him comfortable and make sure that he rests. They brought up one of his chickens...he have chickens did you know that? That seamed to lift his spirits a little while at least so perhaps we can see that as a good sign, though he still do not speak."
Jimmy said and looked concerned at Wolfgang.

He hugged Freddy close, feeling a little more of the despair and worry slip away to the darker corners of his mind - still there, but pushed aside until it could be properly dealt with. "We met one in the marshes the other night, too, when we brought in Diego... Those things dredge up all our darkest thoughts by their mere presence, make you question everything you've done that might lead to someone getting hurt... They're pretty much Dementors, really. We got rid of it, though - possibly permanently."

Freddy just held you without talking for a while then after you where done telling her what had happened she said softly.
"It must have been awful, but never forget that you are a good man love, and we are in a war, horrible things happens that do not excuse anything but at heart you are a good man."
She muttered as she held you close to her.

He chuckled, "She described a meditative technique involving a measure of physical exercise. You did mention you might do with getting up and moving a bit more - if you're not too keen on joining me for a morning run at six, that might prove a less unpalatable alternative, hmm?"

"Yeah no...I do not do allot of running and especially not at six in the morning love...but this dancing thing...that might be fun to give a go. I have never been good at meditating though, but dancing might be enjoyable I will give it a try and yes I do need to get into shape."

He placed a soft kiss on her forehead, "Alright, luv, my little Nephandi girl has drawn me a map of the local Labyrinth; I rather need to bring it to the Chief's attention... It has been a long and bizarre night; I might be able to tell you all about it sometime, but for now, a summary is all I can do... I'll come see you after the assault on the Labyrinth, though, if I don't get a few minutes to do so before."

Freddy nodded.
"Yes go love...save the world. I do not like you going into danger while I am here safe but until I can see what I do on the computer and are able to go to the loo without someone supporting my weight I fear I will not be much use to you. Do not worry about me though, I am fine..."
Freddy said then she frowned.
"You having a little Nephandus though sounds wrong in every way possible."
She said and grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:32 pm

Colin nodded to Jimmy, "A few... not all good, not all bad; some has already saved my life."
He smiled sheepishly, "I know... I was part of that rescue team, too. That was a bit of a runaround... and I fully expect getting chewed out for siccing a HIT-Mark strike team on the Fallen after we evacuated the Mercere chantry. There might be some house-building in my not-so-distant future..."

He rubbed his temple softly against Freddy's, "I know, luv... but when those things dredge up your darkest thoughts, they're kind of difficult to ignore..."
He grinned, "Well, I suppose making sure you get a balanced diet will help, too; wean you of the junk food, hmm?"
He sighed and softened his voice to a faint whisper, "I seem to have... acquired the one in the bed over there," he gestured toward Anna's bed, "sort of a 'you broke it, you buy it' deal... It's rather a long and convoluted story, but she's very frail right now. She might have a chance at redemption, though, if she survives the next few nights... For now, I've been pumping her for intel."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:48 pm

"Well we will discuss it at greater detail later, perhaps we can find some way to use this tormented soul's inner conflict to our advantage, even if the very idea of it is disgusting. But yes this is not the time or place for it, and I have to make sure your team was not followed back here Sodalis."

"Of course sir, that is primary. In fact, we used stones to assist teleport, do you wish to have those checked as well? Or any other security measures you wish to implement, sir?" He didn't want to scare Carmon into thinking they were going to harm him but the fact was the man was a Tremere, even if he was staked there were things to consider for everyone's safety, including, ironically Carmon.

"I will do so Mr Roth Hicks, I will leave you here then unless you have further need of me..." Daisy said and gave you a slight bow before she left the makeshift guest quarters, her heavy steps and the rustling of her lace coverings getting dimmer as she walked down the corridor.

"No, thank you, I do not think so." He gave her a respectful bow.

Carmon lay in the bed looking at you as if he was trying to figure out some puzzle then fatigue seamed to overtake him and his gaze unfocused, vampires had to sleep during the day, but perhaps they also needed rest when emotionally exhausted.

He glanced back towards him, still careful to avoid direct eye contact. He thought it was a good idea to give him a few moments of relative peace to calm down and gather his wits. Carefully, he said in Latin, "I know you must be exhausted and confused after such a harrowing event. Forgive me if this seems rude or poorly timed, but if there is anything you might tell us about the dark wizards plans, it could be helpful in preventing further disaster." He didn't push it further than that though, at least not just then given what he was just through. If he'd been able to pay attention in the van (and part of him hoped he had missed some things) he would understand he meant a rather large scale disaster, not just to magii or vampires either. Then he took up a position to guard the area until Mrs Knox returned.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:54 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded to Jimmy, "A few... not all good, not all bad; some has already saved my life."

"That certainly is a very useful gift Mr Wainwright."
Jimmy said sounding impressed.
"I am not so sure I would want to know what the future have in store for me though."

He smiled sheepishly, "I know... I was part of that rescue team, too. That was a bit of a runaround... and I fully expect getting chewed out for siccing a HIT-Mark strike team on the Fallen after we evacuated the Mercere chantry. There might be some house-building in my not-so-distant future..."

"Ah yes I heard, your group have been quite busy today, that's for sure."
Jimmy said then his eyes went wide.
"You did what Sir?...How on earth did you manage that?"

He rubbed his temple softly against Freddy's, "I know, luv... but when those things dredge up your darkest thoughts, they're kind of difficult to ignore..."

"I get that love...I just thought you might need someone saying it right now."
Freddy said and leaned her head against yours for a moment.

He grinned, "Well, I suppose making sure you get a balanced diet will help, too; wean you of the junk food, hmm?"

"Oh I am completely ok with not eating junk food, no problem there I am just terrible at actually cooking, so I take what I can get and TV dinners are just convenient, stick them in the micro and two minutes later your meal is done...easy."

He sighed and softened his voice to a faint whisper, "I seem to have... acquired the one in the bed over there," he gestured toward Anna's bed, "sort of a 'you broke it, you buy it' deal... It's rather a long and convoluted story, but she's very frail right now. She might have a chance at redemption, though, if she survives the next few nights... For now, I've been pumping her for intel."

"That child is an Nephandus?"
Freddy''s eyes grew wide.
"She looks so normal."
She muttered then she sigh.
"Well you have to tell me how all of that fit together later then love, I trust you have a good reason, I think Chief Morgan might be harder to convince to let you keep your new...friend though...also..."
Freddy lowered her voice.
"Make sure you do not get to attacked Colin...you know the likely outcome in this scenario if the girl is really Fallen, you have a big heart, just make sure you do not get hurt...pumping her for information though, that sounds reasonable."

Adley:

"Of course sir, that is primary. In fact, we used stones to assist teleport, do you wish to have those checked as well? Or any other security measures you wish to implement, sir?" He didn't want to scare Carmon into thinking they were going to harm him but the fact was the man was a Tremere, even if he was staked there were things to consider for everyone's safety, including, ironically Carmon.

"Yes I would like to give the stones a check over Sodalis."
Joakim said and nodded then he looked at Carmon.
"What about our guest have he been examined for any spells that might be lingering?"
He asked and Kristina nodded.
"He have Sir and I found nothing, he appear to be clean."
The Security Chief nodded.
"Very well what about the...blood in his system have the arcane connections to it been severed."
Kristina nodded again.
"As well as we where able to Sir..."

He glanced back towards him, still careful to avoid direct eye contact. He thought it was a good idea to give him a few moments of relative peace to calm down and gather his wits. Carefully, he said in Latin, "I know you must be exhausted and confused after such a harrowing event. Forgive me if this seems rude or poorly timed, but if there is anything you might tell us about the dark wizards plans, it could be helpful in preventing further disaster." He didn't push it further than that though, at least not just then given what he was just through. If he'd been able to pay attention in the van (and part of him hoped he had missed some things) he would understand he meant a rather large scale disaster, not just to magii or vampires either. Then he took up a position to guard the area until Mrs Knox returned.

Carmon focused his gaze again and looked at you, he looked to the right twice, through he did not initiate telepatic contact, through you could sort of feel him there, on the outskirts of your protections but he was either unwilling or as Colin had said to polite to break through those barriers to communicate, the vampire looked wary to the bone but he did seam to be able to answer questions, at least for a little while.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:07 pm

Yes I would like to give the stones a check over Sodalis." Joakim said and nodded then he looked at Carmon.

He nodded and then asked Daisy, "May I have the stone I gave you earlier back, please." Then he ducked down with the handkerchief again to retrieve the stone from the vampire, another apology on his lips. He put them both inside of the handkerchief. "I did have to speak on the phone regarding its use, it might be best to check them but also be careful about holding onto them," he agreed. "Whom should I give these to?" he asked, glancing to the magii checking things over.

Carmon focused his gaze again and looked at you, he looked to the right twice, through he did not initiate telepatic contact, through you could sort of feel him there, on the outskirts of your protections but he was either unwilling or as Colin had said to polite to break through those barriers to communicate, the vampire looked wary to the bone but he did seam to be able to answer questions, at least for a little while.

"Is it something we should know immediately," he asked, waiting for an affirmation or negation motion. "Or did you wish to...communicate with those you already have reached out to?" He wasn't sure if he wanted to talk to Kristina instead of him for some reason, or if he was just being polite as Colin had said, much in the way he might have been back in the day, when he was not a vampire. Then again, he had already 'talked' to Colin, and presumably Kristina, so it could be his warding. That would probably resolve itself without any intervention on his part sometime soon at any rate, though he would rather it be when he was not alone with him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:12 am

Colin grinned, "It gets confusing, but a hint that will save your life from a nasty surprise is rather great - lets you prepare for the danger ahead. I'd rather not get any forewarning of pleasant surprises, though. But knowing in advance of a lethal trap and the rogue Technocrat cyborg who could bust through it to save a child was worth... well, the cyborg's weight in Primium."
He chuckled, "Less complex than it sounds, actually. We were returning to the post office to reinforce when we encountered two Awakened individuals near it. We assumed they were Fallen like the others we'd fought on the premises already. And you know what they say about assuming, right? Turns out they were Union agents looking into the flareups of qlippothic magic in the area. So, what with the order of priorities being what they are when the Fallen are involved, and the Union being aware of the location anyway, I asked if they could give us a few minutes to clear out before they sent in the shock troops. So as we abandoned the building, the Fallen reinforcements appeared... and with a little luck, the Union lost a few HIT-Marks and the Fallen lost up to a half dozen Masters."

He nodded softly, "I do, luv... When I'm assailed by my own darkest concerns, I need a little help sometimes..."
He grinned, "Good thing I'll be doing the cooking, then... Though, you might hear me chatting with a spirit called Shimmer from time to time. I doubt she'll answer, but when you know someone is there, it seems rude not to address them, you know..."
He sighed and nodded, "She is... they got her so young, she doesn't remember the name her mother gave her. I don't think she's a lost cause - not yet - but she's certainly marked by how and where she was raised. She may look normal, but her casual conversation is... a little unpleasant. Now don't get me wrong, I haven't adopted her - though I'm not ruling it out if I get the chance - but I feel a little guilty about almost killing her; if there is even the slightest chance to start leading her back to the light before she's well enough to... you know... then I feel obligated to at least try. Paradoxically, her presently weak constitution is what keeps her alive - it'd likely be too dangerous to... flay her, as I understand it; an Avatar whose host dies under such circumstances is apparently one hell of a hazard."
He smiled thinly, "I've already been hurt by the affair, I'm afraid. Bleeding heart and all, you know... but I know, odds aren't good for her surviving the next couple of days, what with the poorly healed bullet wound I gave her. And in a few hours, we might kill or imprison all the family she's ever known. Or what remains of them, in any case..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:38 am

DO i not feel the shapeshifters?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:47 am

Adley:

He nodded and then asked Daisy, "May I have the stone I gave you earlier back, please." Then he ducked down with the handkerchief again to retrieve the stone from the vampire, another apology on his lips. He put them both inside of the handkerchief.

"Certainly."
Daisy said and handed you the stone. Carmon just looked at you as you retried the stone, at least it did not seam to frighten him more.

"I did have to speak on the phone regarding its use, it might be best to check them but also be careful about holding onto them," he agreed. "Whom should I give these to?" he asked, glancing to the magii checking things over.

"Just give them to me and I will take care of it Sodalis."
Joakim said and he held out a hand for the stones.
"I agree, the stones are not expensive and I do not mind if they are gotten rid of, I will thank them for their service and they can be returned to the earth."
Kristina said.

"Is it something we should know immediately," he asked, waiting for an affirmation or negation motion.

Again the vampire looked twice to the right before he returned his gaze to you.

"Or did you wish to...communicate with those you already have reached out to?" He wasn't sure if he wanted to talk to Kristina instead of him for some reason, or if he was just being polite as Colin had said, much in the way he might have been back in the day, when he was not a vampire. Then again, he had already 'talked' to Colin, and presumably Kristina, so it could be his warding. That would probably resolve itself without any intervention on his part sometime soon at any rate, though he would rather it be when he was not alone with him.

Carmon looked twice to the left this time to indicate that he did not want to talk with Kristina and Colin in particular. The situation resolved itself though when the Verbena entered the room, a book under her arm.
"How is he doing?"
She asked.
"I thought I would read to him...I do not understand anything of this book but one of your Tradition mates suggested it would be familiar enough for him to follow in this weakened condition while at the same time not revealing anything he should not know."
She said and showed you a yellow, cloth bound book which seamed to be a rather standard introductory text to the second degree, there should be no secrets in there. Suddenly Kristina turned towards Carmon then she nodded.
"He says he do not want to push through your wards to communicate with you...but to answer your question, he do not know to much but he overheard a phone conversation about a ward acting up at a labyrinth, if that makes any sense to you...the leader of the infernal mages was there, a blond woman with a scarred face, and when she got the call she hurried off. He also says that they took his fangs..."
Kristina paused a moment at that and gave Carmon a concerned look.
"And since they are a part of his supernatural nature there might still be a connection to him there."
She finished then she sigh.
"Poor guy, having their fangs removed do real damage to a vampire, it can in the worst case scenario kill a weakened one."
She muttered.
"He is right though, other than his heart, his fangs are probably the part of his body with the most potent link to his inner nature."

Colin:

Colin grinned, "It gets confusing, but a hint that will save your life from a nasty surprise is rather great - lets you prepare for the danger ahead. I'd rather not get any forewarning of pleasant surprises, though. But knowing in advance of a lethal trap and the rogue Technocrat cyborg who could bust through it to save a child was worth... well, the cyborg's weight in Primium."

"I see, well that can indeed be useful, but it must be quite frightening as well."
Jimmy said and glanced over at you.
"But off course if you can use it to save lives it is probably worth it yes."

He chuckled, "Less complex than it sounds, actually. We were returning to the post office to reinforce when we encountered two Awakened individuals near it. We assumed they were Fallen like the others we'd fought on the premises already. And you know what they say about assuming, right? Turns out they were Union agents looking into the flareups of qlippothic magic in the area. So, what with the order of priorities being what they are when the Fallen are involved, and the Union being aware of the location anyway, I asked if they could give us a few minutes to clear out before they sent in the shock troops. So as we abandoned the building, the Fallen reinforcements appeared... and with a little luck, the Union lost a few HIT-Marks and the Fallen lost up to a half dozen Masters."

"Well that seams reasonable to me Mr Wainwright, but you where very lucky that those agents of the Technocracy actually gave your group time to clear out, I mean we are also at war with them, then again I guess they did not want a tree ways fight."
Jimmy said and shook his head.
"I am not sure I am able to rejoice for the death of even Hit-Marks though...or the Nephandi even if I know they are or enemies and I know there are no other choice but to fight them."
He muttered sadly.

He nodded softly, "I do, luv... When I'm assailed by my own darkest concerns, I need a little help sometimes..."

Freddy just nodded at that and held you for a moment longer.

He grinned, "Good thing I'll be doing the cooking, then... Though, you might hear me chatting with a spirit called Shimmer from time to time. I doubt she'll answer, but when you know someone is there, it seems rude not to address them, you know..."

"Well I would not say no to trading my TV dinners for your cooking anytime love."
The Virtual Adept said with a grin.
"Shimmer? You have met a spirit now have you, and it shows up when you are cooking?"

He sighed and nodded, "She is... they got her so young, she doesn't remember the name her mother gave her. I don't think she's a lost cause - not yet - but she's certainly marked by how and where she was raised. She may look normal, but her casual conversation is... a little unpleasant. Now don't get me wrong, I haven't adopted her - though I'm not ruling it out if I get the chance - but I feel a little guilty about almost killing her; if there is even the slightest chance to start leading her back to the light before she's well enough to... you know... then I feel obligated to at least try.

"Do you think that will stop the Traditions from...well...if she have begun her path to recovery, if that is even possible for one such as her, young or not?"
Freddy said and frowned.
"Well I guess she deserves for someone to try and if it do not go well, she deserves for there being someone who is not her enemy to comfort her...poor child."
The young technomancer whispered.
"Do she know...what she is risking by being captured by the Traditions?"
She asked softly.
"She is so young I can not see her but her voice, she is just a kid."

Paradoxically, her presently weak constitution is what keeps her alive - it'd likely be too dangerous to... flay her, as I understand it; an Avatar whose host dies under such circumstances is apparently one hell of a hazard."

"I can imagine that, usually they just go, well wherever they go when the host dies, but if it is half pulled out of the host and...well I can imagine that when they are then suddenly freed to act but have lost any attachment or understanding of the physical world, that would be bad."
Freddy said and nodded.
"What is wrong with her...well other than being shot...but that can be healed can it not, I mean I am alive so I know there are those here who can heal a gunshot wound."
She said and frowned.

He smiled thinly, "I've already been hurt by the affair, I'm afraid. Bleeding heart and all, you know... but I know, odds aren't good for her surviving the next couple of days, what with the poorly healed bullet wound I gave her. And in a few hours, we might kill or imprison all the family she's ever known. Or what remains of them, in any case..."

"Yeah...but the best thing for her is to get away from the Nephandi."
Freddy said and sigh.
"But yes that would upset her of course. I hear her twisting and turning in her bed at times, whimpering, poor thing I just wish there where more that could be done for her...but even so love, if you get involved and she dies or worse as you say gets stronger and are...then you will be hurt again and I do not want you to be hurt."
She said sounding concerned.

Tane:

Yes as I said you feel around six you think are mages and one shapeshifter.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:21 am

Carmon looked twice to the left this time to indicate that he did not want to talk with Kristina and Colin in particular. The situation resolved itself though when the Verbena entered the room, a book under her arm. "How is he doing?" She asked.

"Not bad considering...but there's something he thinks we should know straight away."

Suddenly Kristina turned towards Carmon then she nodded. "He says he do not want to push through your wards to communicate with you...but to answer your question, he do not know to much but he overheard a phone conversation about a ward acting up at a labyrinth, if that makes any sense to you...the leader of the infernal mages was there, a blond woman with a scarred face, and when she got the call she hurried off. He also says that they took his fangs..."

"Ah, I see. Thank you for that courtesy." He raised an eyebrow at that and then looked at him. "The Labyrinth leader was at the house you were in and then took a call regarding issues with the wards? About how long ago was that?" Then he frowned as she told him about his fangs. "They took his teeth out? Shit." He glanced at Carmon. Well, that explained why there was a ton of blood on him. "That cannot be good news...I wish we knew that earlier on the ride, damn!"

"Poor guy, having their fangs removed do real damage to a vampire, it can in the worst case scenario kill a weakened one." She muttered. "He is right though, other than his heart, his fangs are probably the part of his body with the most potent link to his inner nature."

"Alright...what can we do..." he said, pacing and then turned to her. "Not long ago I saw someone transfer an arcane link of a delicate nature from someone to something else to use as a proxy. Then, that living thing was destroyed with primal ars and the link between them was severed with it. I am not able to do it myself as it would likely need to be transferred to a material item but do you think that would work? We need to nullify that link they have before they can use but I don't know if severing such a link directly in this case would be the best way to do it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:50 am

"Not bad considering...but there's something he thinks we should know straight away."

"Very well I will see if he have the strength to communicate with me telepathically."
Kristina said and nodded, she looked at Carmon.

"Ah, I see. Thank you for that courtesy." He raised an eyebrow at that and then looked at him. "The Labyrinth leader was at the house you were in and then took a call regarding issues with the wards? About how long ago was that?"

Kristina was quiet for a moment then she said.
"He says he do not know, that time was hard to keep track of, not long after he woke up this evening, meaning around six in the afternoon."

Then he frowned as she told him about his fangs. "They took his teeth out? Shit." He glanced at Carmon. Well, that explained why there was a ton of blood on him. "That cannot be good news...I wish we knew that earlier on the ride, damn!"

"Yeah that is my bad, I am sorry I should have checked, but there was so much blood I could not see and I did not imagine they had pulled his fangs out, not since they wanted to keep him alive since it can kill a vampire...I think not think about it, sorry."
Kristina said regretfully.
"No it is not good news, hopefully it was done just as sadism or for the considerable amount of Tass a vampire's fangs contains but...I doubt we are that lucky."
She muttered.

"Alright...what can we do..." he said, pacing and then turned to her. "Not long ago I saw someone transfer an arcane link of a delicate nature from someone to something else to use as a proxy. Then, that living thing was destroyed with primal ars and the link between them was severed with it. I am not able to do it myself as it would likely need to be transferred to a material item but do you think that would work? We need to nullify that link they have before they can use but I don't know if severing such a link directly in this case would be the best way to do it."

"It could work, but remember this is a link strong enough that it compare to if someone got a hold of some Quintessence straight from your Avatar, nor your true name, it is hard to get rid of such a connection, I think the best thing is to talk with one of the Masters about it, Master Min perhaps, he might know what to do."
She said then she sigh.
"Again I am sorry for not noticing earlier."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:59 am

"Don't apologize, it's not something I even would have thought of. Let's just try to figure it out before they try to use it to their advantage. I'd better go tell the Chief straight away, if you'll excuse me. If there's anything else, please contact us," he said. "And thank you," he added, glancing back at them one more time.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:11 am

Colin nodded, "I'm generally not a bad judge of character... I was sufficiently convinced the two Technocrats would honour their word and the brief armistice we reached. And true, there should be no rejoicing the death of anyone, even the Fallen... A bit of relief at the notion of a few less individual threats, though, at no cost to us, well, we should be allowed to permit ourselves that, at least. Though, the HIT-Marks are rather tragic tales in and of themselves, as I've come to understand it... Their names taken away and replaced with an alphanumeric code; there's a lot about that that is just not right..."

He sighed softly in Freddy's ear, "Yes, I was introduced to Shimmer earlier, after bringing a couple of new guests here; one of them is a Sleeper, while the daughter is Awakened, and pretty clever for a kindergartener. It was decided she needed some gentle proof of the supernatural, courtesy of one of the resident Hedge Wizards, to get her started on accepting magic. Shimmer is... well, a spirit of air; the heat over cooking food, be it a campfire with meat on spits or an electric stovetop with a pot of boiling soup. Very pleasant, so long as she's addressed respectfully."
He shook his head, voice low, and glanced over toward Anna again, "No, I don't think her chances are good... At a guess, I would say she has maybe a few weeks, if she survives the next few days... She knows enough, I think, and right now, she's convinced her best chance is cooperating with us... with me. I killed her Mentor at the post office, I nearly killed her, and if her partner hadn't healed her on the spot, she would have been dead before the paramedics got here... but that healing was incomplete; he might have gotten things started, but he was unable to finish the job... according to the resident doctor, she's got pattern weaknesses in the heart and lungs, and a better healing would require tearing the mended flesh apart and starting over... and that would most likely kill her."
He sighed and smiled thinly, "Life is a series of painful experiences, luv... Getting hurt and healing is what makes the good bits all the better. Besides, I think it would probably hurt more - a lot more - to know that I could have tried to help her and did nothing. And the hurt from not even trying would probably be a lot worse than the hurt from not succeeding..."

((OOC: Urk, my brain is being awful. Nightmare involving what most of all resembled a haunted asylum, complete with ghosts and fleshier undead. And fucking clowns. There was no reason for there being clowns. Shocked ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:58 am

Adley:

"Off course, go and tell the Chief...but I should have caught it, I am used to dealing with vampires but I slipped up, and I am sorry."
Kristina said still sounding regretful.
"I will take care of Carmon while you speak with the Chief."
Kristina nodded to you then she sat down beside the wounded vampire and picked up the book and started reading to him in a soft voice, trying to distract his mind a little.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I'm generally not a bad judge of character... I was sufficiently convinced the two Technocrats would honour their word and the brief armistice we reached.

"I am glad it worked out, but it must have been a very dangerous situation."
Jimmy said and looked at you wide eyed.

And true, there should be no rejoicing the death of anyone, even the Fallen... A bit of relief at the notion of a few less individual threats, though, at no cost to us, well, we should be allowed to permit ourselves that, at least. Though, the HIT-Marks are rather tragic tales in and of themselves, as I've come to understand it... Their names taken away and replaced with an alphanumeric code; there's a lot about that that is just not right..."

"Yes Sir we can allow ourselves to rejoice at the enemy loosing resources with no cost to us, but I can not help but also think that they where men and women as well, not just Technocrats and Nephandi."
The healer said then he sigh.
"Yes I hear that sometimes prisoners are converted into Hit-Marks against their will, that is terrible, just terrible."

He sighed softly in Freddy's ear, "Yes, I was introduced to Shimmer earlier, after bringing a couple of new guests here; one of them is a Sleeper, while the daughter is Awakened, and pretty clever for a kindergartener. It was decided she needed some gentle proof of the supernatural, courtesy of one of the resident Hedge Wizards, to get her started on accepting magic. Shimmer is... well, a spirit of air; the heat over cooking food, be it a campfire with meat on spits or an electric stovetop with a pot of boiling soup. Very pleasant, so long as she's addressed respectfully."

"A sleeper you say, did you get yourself Paradox love?"
Freddy said sternly then she listened as you spoke about Shimmer.
"Sounds pleasant enough, though I am not sure if I will ever understand how spirits can be living incarnations in a way of concepts and things, as if that concept have a mind of it's own."
She said then she grinned.
"Says the woman with a internet troll living in her soul...yeah my Avatar is kind of a dick...hum...a new mage then this kid you have picked up? That is nice, we need more of us."

He shook his head, voice low, and glanced over toward Anna again, "No, I don't think her chances are good... At a guess, I would say she has maybe a few weeks, if she survives the next few days... She knows enough, I think, and right now, she's convinced her best chance is cooperating with us... with me.

"That is horrible...if she knows, but yes her best chances are probably cooperating with you, few others would give her a chance."
Freddy whispered.
"She sounds so weak and fragile, even so you have to be careful, child or not she is a Nephandus and you can not trust one of them."
She warned.

I killed her Mentor at the post office, I nearly killed her, and if her partner hadn't healed her on the spot, she would have been dead before the paramedics got here... but that healing was incomplete; he might have gotten things started, but he was unable to finish the job... according to the resident doctor, she's got pattern weaknesses in the heart and lungs, and a better healing would require tearing the mended flesh apart and starting over... and that would most likely kill her."

"I see...yes an incomplete healing will lock the patterns, making it impossible to try again, at least impossible with the methods we know, without doing further damage."
Freddy said and nodded.
"Her chances of survival is not good then, well then again in her situation passing away from her patterns being weak is far kinder than...the alternative."
She muttered sadly.

He sighed and smiled thinly, "Life is a series of painful experiences, luv... Getting hurt and healing is what makes the good bits all the better. Besides, I think it would probably hurt more - a lot more - to know that I could have tried to help her and did nothing. And the hurt from not even trying would probably be a lot worse than the hurt from not succeeding..."

Freddy placed her hand against your cheek and smiled slightly.
"I love you Colin...and that is the right reason to do something like that for. I just hope...well there is some way that you will not get hurt from this situation."
She muttered then she sigh again.
"Very well I will help you, I will watch over the girl...figuratively speaking right now, while I am stuck here, and we will see if something can be done for her, at least her last days might be made more pleasant."

(OOC: Bad brain, spank it. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:44 am

"Off course, go and tell the Chief...but I should have caught it, I am used to dealing with vampires but I slipped up, and I am sorry." Kristina said still sounding regretful. "I will take care of Carmon while you speak with the Chief."

He nodded and headed up to his office, dialling his number as he went.

// dang, as if the asylum with undead wasn't bad enough D: But no your brain had to send in the clowns.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:56 am

You dial up Joakim's number, the old hedge wizard was not back at his office yet but you call him and he picks up.
"It is I, how can I help you Sodalis? Are there any problems?"
Joakim asked sounding a bit worried.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:05 am

"Yes, I think we've got a problem. I'm on my way to the office."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:16 am

"Very well, I will be right up, just what we needed, more problems."
Joakim said and you could hear him hurry his steps towards the main building of the Chantry.
"I will be there in a minute."

After a thirty seconds time or you see Joakim hurry towards you, he opens the door to his office and usher you inside.
"So what have happened now Mr Roth Hicks?"
He asked sounding tired.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:30 am

He followed him inside and shut the door after him. "When Mrs Knox came back, Carmon communicated with her with telepathy. He said they took his fangs out...she in turn said we should consult a Master as to what to do as they can contain strong arcane connections. Also, he said at some point prior Abigail was at that house and received word a Labyrinth was having issues with its ward, it may have been about 6 pm this eve," he recounted. "I should have checked when I was downstairs, or asked Mrs Knox but to see for herself...I suppose I should do that." He shook his head. "At any rate, we need to prevent them trying to use the teeth to find Carmon and thereby the rest of us. Perhaps trace it to them, instead, or set a trap..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next