Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

5 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 24 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Colin nodded to Joakim, "It's a peculiar affair, to say the least. I still don't understand all of it..."

"I have heard of manifested Avatars that others could see...but the only story even close to what you speak of I have ever heard is of a young Dreamspeaker with a walk in soul that got into a spot of trouble when he went to check on the reindeer herd of his family but fell and hit his head, he would have frozen to death but as he got closer to death his soul now with a weaker connection to him appeared before his teacher and led her back to it's wounded host. I do not even know if the story is true, I just heard two Dreamspeakers speaking about it once."
The hedge wizard said scratched his head.
"Other than that I have heard of Avatars communicating with other mages at times, but not directly acting on their own unless they are fully manifested."

Outside the garage, he snapped his fingers and pulled out the note, "Bugger, I forgot about this, too... Best take care of it right away."
He quickly lit the note up and let it burn almost completely before dropping it on the sidewalk and stepped on the ashes once there was no more recognizable paper to see.

"It would be the asphalt outside of the garage as there where no sidewalk inside of Morningstar's fences. You get the note burned while Cara waits for you.

He nodded to the young girl and bowed down slightly toward the pug, "Good evening, miss. Is this little fellow giving his mommy a hard time late at night, hmm?"

"Yeah...it do not matter if you are a mage, when the dog have to go, he have to go even in the middle of the night, through now he seam to have forgotten what business he had out there."
The girl said, she was in her teens, pretty and had a slight accent as she spoke.
"What about you Sir are you one of those visiting from Boston?"
She asked as the little dog noticed you paying attention to him and he turned away from the flower bed, his face full of dirt and looked at you with his black little bead eyes and waggled his tail happily and looked at you expecting petting or teats or both. It was a cute little dog with a wrinkly face with a bit of an underbite and he stomped his feet on the ground excitedly.
"Pocky is friendly Sir."
The teenager said and looked fondly at the little animal.

He smiled and shook Jimmy's hand, "Colin Wainwright, Orphan of Steelhaven Hall. We were just on a rescue mission, and someone decided to rat on us. With actual rats. I got a bite, too; I did disinfect it, but I think I need a tetanus shot and whatever else you deem prudent, just in case."

"Nice to meet you Mr Wainwright. Ah, come in and I will take care of it. If you just sit down on that chair over there I will heal the bite and give you that shot just in case."
Jimmy said and pointed.
"I will probably need a shot as well I got scratched."
Cara said and sigh.
"I see nowhere...ehm..."
"No not on one of the imprints they are fine."
"Very well if you just sit down as well then Miss Willis."

He glanced over at Anna, "Did she finish up her annotated map while we were out?"

"She did indeed, I will get it for you."
Jimmy said and gave the young Nephandus a concerned look before he went to one of the shelves and found several papers containing childishly drawn maps, it seamed like the Labyrinth was a series of rings in a way and she had marked of various rooms, the center section though she had just left blank and written.
"It moves."
You do see several rooms marked with names including one marked as.
"Matty's room do not go in here."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14 - Page 24 Empty Re: Carmon, Cyborgs and More Vampires IC Thread 14

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:48 pm

Colin shook his head, "I couldn't see it, exactly... Adley can probably explain better; he let me perceive it, somehow. And talk back to it."

He grinned and reached down to scritch Pocky's neck and ears, "Yes, I'm with the Steelhaven party. I gather you're a resident apprentice... or are you perhaps fully ranked already? Oh, he's such a little charmer... Pocky, though, isn't that some sort of snack?"

He sat down on a chair and pulled his boot off and his trouser leg up, grimacing at the bandage around the wound, "Lucky I managed to put up a barrier against the swarm, and the good Deaconess Darnell managed to lay down suppressive fire... otherwise, there might've been more trouble for you than a few scratches to deal with."
He skimmed the maps and arched an eyebrow, "Hm, rather similar to the classical labyrinths... I shouldn't be surprised."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:18 pm

Colin shook his head, "I couldn't see it, exactly... Adley can probably explain better; he let me perceive it, somehow. And talk back to it."

"I am going to have to ask my Sodalis..."
Joakim said then he muttered.
"And now our guest have both his first and last name my good man."
He said with another look of frustration that not everyone had Hermetic training. Everything would be so much easier if everyone did.

He grinned and reached down to scritch Pocky's neck and ears, "Yes, I'm with the Steelhaven party. I gather you're a resident apprentice... or are you perhaps fully ranked already? Oh, he's such a little charmer... Pocky, though, isn't that some sort of snack?"

The dog grunted happily when you petted him and licked your hand.
"Ah yes off course how rude of me...I am Sasaki Hanako...or Bess Sasaki if you need a Western name for me, bani Virtual Adepts, I am newly initiated but have been sent by my mentor to experience how other Chantries than my home one do things, plus the city I was trained is are completely controlled by the Union so it is not to safe there...and I am babbling, anyway pleased to meet you Sir"
She said and politely bowed and offered you a thin hand decorated by few silver rings in greeting.
"Yes Pocky is a snack it is thin cracker sticks dipped in chocolate, it is pretty good actually. I named him that because he likes to eat, he would be rolling if I let him eat all he wanted."
Hanako said and grinned.

He sat down on a chair and pulled his boot off and his trouser leg up, grimacing at the bandage around the wound, "Lucky I managed to put up a barrier against the swarm, and the good Deaconess Darnell managed to lay down suppressive fire... otherwise, there might've been more trouble for you than a few scratches to deal with."

"I am glad you are not more seriously hurt Mr Wainwright."
Jimmy said and he put his hand over the bite and it started getting rather hot, not uncomfortable though, just hot, after about a minute he withdrew his hand and went to go and wash them and then find what he needed for the vaccine.
"It should heal in an hour or two now."
He said and you could feel a slight itching as the wound was knitting itself back together.

He skimmed the maps and arched an eyebrow, "Hm, rather similar to the classical labyrinths... I shouldn't be surprised."

"I can not believe you got a Nephandus to draw you a picture of her Labyrinth but yes...there is a reason why the homes of the Nephandi are called so I have been told, they often are literal labyrinths.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:00 pm

Colin had the dignity to look if not ashamed or embarassed, then at least like he acknowledged slipping up, "Ah, shit, I keep forgetting..."

He smiled, "Colin Wainwright, Orphan and silversmith. If I recall correctly, it's considered impolite in Japan to use the first name of someone with whom you're not close, correct? So miss Sasaki would be the appropriate form of address?"
Shaking her hand, he grinned at her jewelry, "Not too shabby work, there."

He grinned at Jimmy, "Believe me, I'm glad the damage isn't worse, too."
He shrugged, "I seem to have a knack for persuasion... Besides, Anna is young and still impressionable. She... might have a chance to be redeemed. Or at least see some more kindly treatment in exchange for cooperation..."
He sighed, "It's never pleasant to see someone so young being dealt such a poor hand..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:39 pm

Colin had the dignity to look if not ashamed or embarassed, then at least like he acknowledged slipping up, "Ah, shit, I keep forgetting..."

Joakim sigh then he shook his head.
"Well done is done, go and get yourself taken care of my good man."
He said though he was clearly a bit frustrated.

He smiled, "Colin Wainwright, Orphan and silversmith. If I recall correctly, it's considered impolite in Japan to use the first name of someone with whom you're not close, correct? So miss Sasaki would be the appropriate form of address?"

"Yes that is correct Mr Wainwright, it is seen a little like suddenly running up to a stranger and hugging them or something, it is just considered to be acting out of place and being to familiar."
She said then she added.
"It is very nice to meet you Sir."

Shaking her hand, he grinned at her jewelry, "Not too shabby work, there."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright I got them from a little shop in the village my grandmother lives in."
The young Virtual Adept said and smiled.

He grinned at Jimmy, "Believe me, I'm glad the damage isn't worse, too."

"Yes indeed, rats at least if there is many of them can be quite dangerous, one rat alone is an annoyance but in a group they can be a pest."
Jimmy said as he returned with the vaccine.
"Well after this you should be fine though..."
He said as he dabbed a cotton swab in some alcohol solution and used it to was your arm before setting the shot once you had pushed your shirt aside, the man was skilled and managed to do so with a minimum of discomfort.

He shrugged, "I seem to have a knack for persuasion... Besides, Anna is young and still impressionable. She... might have a chance to be redeemed. Or at least see some more kindly treatment in exchange for cooperation..."

"Yes I hope so...but I have been told that what give her magick is tainted and have to be...well and that she will not survive that...at least not as she is now."
Jimmy said and looked at the girl with concerned eyes.

He sighed, "It's never pleasant to see someone so young being dealt such a poor hand..."

"No it is not, and she is so young, poor child..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:11 pm

He pondered for a moment, "Hum, so a local craftsman in rural Japan, then? Or just a small outlet for mass produced pieces? Would you mind if I had a closer look?"

He nodded, "Pest indeed... I disabled a vampire there; I hope he's not too badly chewed up by the time he wakes up. Might give him a grudge..."
He pointedly looked down at the pages rather than at the syringe as Jimmy gave him the shot, "You've got a delicate touch. Are you trained as a nurse or physician, perhaps?"
He frowned, "Part of the blame for her current condition falls on me, I'm afraid. I was the one who shot her on a mission, and then the one to retrieve her from the hospital later... It's not liable to make me sleep any better. Any attempt to, well... I'm given to understand it would be dangerous to attempt on account of her likely dying in the process and releasing an unfettered and angry Avatar on whoever tried..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:40 pm

He pondered for a moment, "Hum, so a local craftsman in rural Japan, then? Or just a small outlet for mass produced pieces? Would you mind if I had a closer look?"

"Local craftsman, he makes things and sell at festivals and such."
The young woman said then she nodded.
"I do not mind at all Sir."
She said and pulled the rings of her fingers, they where small and delicate, most had flower designs though one was a lion that wrapped around one's finger, they rings where well made and you could see a tiny maker's mark on the inside of the small dainty pieces.

He nodded, "Pest indeed... I disabled a vampire there; I hope he's not too badly chewed up by the time he wakes up. Might give him a grudge..."

"Yeah that sounds rather nasty. I have never met other vampires than Miss Jarden myself but I hear they can get rather dangerous when upset."
Jimmy said and shuddered slightly.
"I do not think I would want to meet an upset on, then again Miss Jarden, I do not know if you have met her Sir, she is just like everyone else unless you touch her and find she is cold to the touch."

He pointedly looked down at the pages rather than at the syringe as Jimmy gave him the shot, "You've got a delicate touch. Are you trained as a nurse or physician, perhaps?"

"Thank you, I am in fact, I work as a nurse at a retirement home a little outside of Chicago."
Jimmy said as he capped the used syringe and put it in the trash before he went to wash his hands again so he could examine Cara's scratches.

He frowned, "Part of the blame for her current condition falls on me, I'm afraid. I was the one who shot her on a mission, and then the one to retrieve her from the hospital later... It's not liable to make me sleep any better. Any attempt to, well... I'm given to understand it would be dangerous to attempt on account of her likely dying in the process and releasing an unfettered and angry Avatar on whoever tried..."

"Hum...yes well that is another thing I would not want angry on me, I am just a psychic, I have healing hands, but I have seen what mages can do, I would not want to mess with what gives you those powers."
Jimmy said and shook his head.
"Nor would I want to see the girl hurt she seam so much like other children one moment and then she say something...horrific...the next. I have seen similar things in abused children, my parents used to take in fosters, some of them having rather tragic stories, and they where often like that, normal one moment and then...creepy the next, as if part of them had become adult far sooner than the next..."
He said and frowned.
"Well all I can do is keep her comfortable, in mage society I am a Custos so I do not have much to say, i can keep her warm, fed and make sure she get some sleep while she is here at least, give her something to do when she wakes up."
Jimmy continued then he sigh.
"As I understand it, the one who shot her did so in self defense, sometimes things are like that, you or them, and...well then there is not that much you can do."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:11 pm

He nodded to Joakim, "Quite; unfortunately, there was no time to discard the weapons at a sufficiently safe location; about as soon as we'd extricated Carmon, we were under attack by a..." He glanced over at Adley, a little uncertainly, "disembodied Avatar, I think? As I understand it, the Nephandus, Matty, can detach her Avatar to attack... And then there was the rat swarm, as well."

"That's the best explanation I have for what happened right now."

"Perceive is a more accurate word..."

"I am going to have to ask my Sodalis..." Joakim said then he muttered. "And now our guest have both his first and last name my good man." He said with another look of frustration

He gave them a tired look, then sighed.

There where also a drivers license for a far younger woman and you recognize the girl that had been in the car that had rolled into the parking lot as you and your party left, she had shoulder length, mouse brown hair, large brown eyes, pale skin and a bit of freckles, her name was given as Mathea Carlyle.

"Bingo..." He showed the picture to Joakim and Colin. "Matty, the Nephandus," he said, pointing to the younger woman.

"Could you keep and eye on our guest then while the lady check on her kids and then she will take over once she have made sure they have all they need?" He asked.

"Yes, if you wish it. Then I will attend to the other tasks," he agreed.

He gave Adley a nod, "See you at the infirmary? You might want that shot, too, just in case." Then he headed toward the infirmary with Cara.

He gave a nod to Colin. "If not there, then soon after." As Cara left he said to her, "Thank you, sodales for all your help."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:20 pm

"That's the best explanation I have for what happened right now."

"Hum...it seams this Nephandus is even more important to take down then, she sounds quite dangerous but it is almost then like I fear what her soul will do if we kill her."

"Perceive is a more accurate word..."

Joakim nodded at that.

"Bingo..." He showed the picture to Joakim and Colin. "Matty, the Nephandus," he said, pointing to the younger woman.

Joakim looked at the picture and frowned.
"Hum...Mattea Carlyle...I think I know who she is, though I am not sure. There was an ugly case in the 1980's..."
The hedge wizard said and glanced at Colin for a moment.
"It was discovered that some of my own Tradition had been kidnapping Orphans and feeding them to some very nasty creatures that live on a island on Horizon...those creatures would then eat the unfortunate Orphan's Avatars and well excrete extremely potent Tass...after one of the victims managed to swim to the mainland after well..two of the involved parties was found and arrested and sentenced to Gilgul...one of those two men had an apprentice...Mattea Carlyle who was eleven years old at the time, and it was demanded that the sentenced men's magical family, including their apprentices watch...the proceedings...Afterwards Mattea was sent back here to Chicago to live with her parents, I briefly saw the child when I greeted her to give her some contact information in case she needed help, and seeing what she had seen at such a young age had really...disturbed the child. I never heard from her through and when a new teacher was found for her, she had already ran away from home and was never found again..."
The old hedge wizard said and frowned.
"This is a picture of her as an adult but I am pretty sure it is the same person."

"Yes, if you wish it. Then I will attend to the other tasks," he agreed.

"Very well...thank you Sodalis."

As Cara left he said to her, "Thank you, sodales for all your help."

"Sure thing Sodalis...we are all in this together after all if we want a world come Monday, and I do."
She said and gave you a bright smile before she left though the smile did not touch her eyes and she still looked wary to her bones.

(OOC: Hum...Matty the Nephandus that name sounds like a children's book character you might not want your kids to read about. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:01 am

Colin looked at the image of Mathea Carlyle, "Ah, that is the little fireworks-happy misanthrope I saw dancing over Carmon, I believe... I wonder if this is from before or after she, hm, joined the wrong sort of people?"
He frowned at Joakim, "Well, bloody hell, is everything connected to that bloody island, as well? We have... that survivor visiting right now... and that would suggest Matty dearest is the link between the Fallen who summoned the beast to Steelhaven and whoever smuggled it out from Horizon in the first place..."
His eyes turned to steel, "I think she just crept much higher on the priority list for live captures... Problem is, she carries a suicide pill to avoind just that; she's terrified of us... Er, I'll explain that further in your office; kind of a long story."

He nodded appreicatively as he examined the jewelry, "This is beautiful work; the flowers are clearly done by an experienced master. And the signature shows they are satisfied with the quality, too. I'll note that the lion seems an odd choice for Japan; I would have been more likely to expect a species of cat native to the continent. The mane is exquisite, though."
He carefully handed them back with a smile, "They could perhaps do with a little cleaning, though... I usually use water with a little white vinegar and baking soda, myself, followed by a rinse in clean water."

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I've... met a few vampires. More to the point, i think - I've met a few vampires I knew were vampires. I expect I may have met a lot more I don't know about. They are easy to spot magically, but who can keep that sort of second sight going constantly? Your miss Jarden is a pleasant enough woman; in fact, most of the ones I've spoken with are rather personable - which, when you remember they are apex predators tends to become just a little creepy."
He smiled, "I don't think there's necessarily such a thing as 'just' a psychic. Your healing hands let you do something I perhaps never could - and without the risk of Reality punching you in the nuts in the process. But yes, the Avatar can be a dangerous thing to try to tamper with."
He nodded, "She has a rather... sanguine view of a lot of things. Of course, when you're raised in a place where living genitalia and sensory organs line the walls, and torture is saturday night family entertainment, you get a different definition of 'normal'. Hopefully, though, that can be unlearned... And thank you for keeping her comfortable."
He grimaced, "Self defense is... perhaps a tad too generous. There were two of them, and while they followed me in the attempt to find someone first, I did initiate the encounter... I offered them a chance to get away unscathed and... they didn't, so i shot the one who didn't have any ongoing effects on her. I suppose I could get way with calling it self defense in Florida or Texas, but... I disagree with the definition."

((OOC: Whee, it lives again!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:54 am

"Hum...it seams this Nephandus is even more important to take down then, she sounds quite dangerous but it is almost then like I fear what her soul will do if we kill her."

"That was a thought that crossed my mind..."

"Hum...Mattea Carlyle...This is a picture of her as an adult but I am pretty sure it is the same person."

"Well, that explains quite a few things, including some of her general motivation." He frowned. "But perhaps we should speak of this later."

Colin looked at the image of Mathea Carlyle, "Ah, that is the little fireworks-happy misanthrope I saw dancing over Carmon, I believe... I wonder if this is from before or after she, hm, joined the wrong sort of people?"

"It's recognizable to the person I glimpsed driving the car."

His eyes turned to steel, "I think she just crept much higher on the priority list for live captures... Problem is, she carries a suicide pill to avoind just that; she's terrified of us... Er, I'll explain that further in your office; kind of a long story."

"Yes, I believe she has weaponized her soul when she became a Nephandus or sometime after. Killing her will likely have...detrimental effects, we should talk about what to do soon. In the meantime, should get downstairs to assist with Carmon's transfer so we can do just that, if you'll excuse me."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:19 am

Why not? You got the surprise factor. And the thrill of the hunt... not ofthen you can hunt the one that fancies himself the hunter. he said, grinning

Well, keep a look over me while i'm in the chanting. He said and found a place where he'd be concealed and started to try and see the spirits, probably corrupted ones or some of the parasitic ones.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:22 am

"That is hard to say, though joining the Nephandi tend to have a nasty effect on someone's disposition."
Joakim said glumly.
"She where the one to torture the poor man eh?"
He muttered and glanced at the vampire.

He frowned at Joakim, "Well, bloody hell, is everything connected to that bloody island, as well? We have... that survivor visiting right now... and that would suggest Matty dearest is the link between the Fallen who summoned the beast to Steelhaven and whoever smuggled it out from Horizon in the first place..."

"You do? That survivor...he became Mercere did he not...ehm Micah something...ehm Gregario...yes that's it, Micah Gregario."
Joakim said then he raised an eyebrow.
"A beast got summoned to Steelhaven Hall...one of the Island Creatures...well shit, yes this woman might be the link then, it is hard to know for sure but she might just be that.

"Yes, Miss Carlyle is indeed rather high on the priority list, both for capture and to be eliminated but with that Avatar of hers, taking her alive might be our only choice and besides I would like to interrogate her. Many Nephandi are prepared to end themselves rather than be captured by us...that is...understandable, however that just means we need to come up with some plan to make sure she do not get to use that pill."
The Security Chief said darkly.

He nodded appreicatively as he examined the jewelry, "This is beautiful work; the flowers are clearly done by an experienced master. And the signature shows they are satisfied with the quality, too. I'll note that the lion seems an odd choice for Japan; I would have been more likely to expect a species of cat native to the continent. The mane is exquisite, though."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright, Mr Ueda do beautiful work. My grandmother often buy something from him and send me for my birthday along with home made sweets."
She said and smiled fondly then she blushed.
"Ah well, the lion was made for me...I was oh I do not know ten or twelve at the time and I loved that Disney movie so when my grandmother asked me what animal I like I said a lion, childish I know, but the ring was made with love and was a gift from someone dear to me so I do not have the heart to stop using it."

He carefully handed them back with a smile, "They could perhaps do with a little cleaning, though... I usually use water with a little white vinegar and baking soda, myself, followed by a rinse in clean water."

The young virtual Adept accepted the rings back and carefully placed them back on her thin fingers.
"Ah thank you Mr Wainwright for the advice, I have to try that."
She said and offered you a kind smile.

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "I've... met a few vampires. More to the point, i think - I've met a few vampires I knew were vampires. I expect I may have met a lot more I don't know about. They are easy to spot magically, but who can keep that sort of second sight going constantly? Your miss Jarden is a pleasant enough woman; in fact, most of the ones I've spoken with are rather personable - which, when you remember they are apex predators tends to become just a little creepy."

"Yes I do hear there are not that many of them, but that they are everywhere."
Jimmy said and nodded.
"Miss Jarden is sweet but as you say Mr Wainwright knowing what they are and that they are above us on the ladder when it comes to who eat who, they are a little creepy. I can not see them at all though unless I touch them, then they just feel...dead...which well is more creepy than what they eat."

He smiled, "I don't think there's necessarily such a thing as 'just' a psychic. Your healing hands let you do something I perhaps never could - and without the risk of Reality punching you in the nuts in the process. But yes, the Avatar can be a dangerous thing to try to tamper with."

"Thank you, well do not get me wrong, I am grateful for my gift, I might not be able to save someone from the brink of death as our Verbena can, but I can make small cuts and wounds heal in an hour or two and speed up the healing time of more serious wounds and illnesses...though with something chronic, often all I can do is relive pain...but yes that is enough, when I can give the elderly I work with relief from aching joints and old pains for a while...that is a great gift indeed."
Jimmy said and smiled contently.
"I just meant that I am not Awakened and I did not learn this as a path of hedge magic like Chief Joakim, it is just sort of part of me, that is what I mean by psychic. But yes Avatars are so powerful beings, I would not want to upset one.

He nodded, "She has a rather... sanguine view of a lot of things. Of course, when you're raised in a place where living genitalia and sensory organs line the walls, and torture is saturday night family entertainment, you get a different definition of 'normal'. Hopefully, though, that can be unlearned... And thank you for keeping her comfortable."

"I have heard the Nephandi have a rather...ehm...fleshy sense of ascetics for their decorations yes and that they can be brutal to one another."
Jimmy said and glanced towards Anna.
"Poor child, well I am a healer, and when I can not heal it is my job to make sure the patients are as comfortable as possible."
He said and gave a kind smile.

He grimaced, "Self defense is... perhaps a tad too generous. There were two of them, and while they followed me in the attempt to find someone first, I did initiate the encounter... I offered them a chance to get away unscathed and... they didn't, so i shot the one who didn't have any ongoing effects on her. I suppose I could get way with calling it self defense in Florida or Texas, but... I disagree with the definition."

"I see...I disagree with those laws as well Mr Wainwright, then again we are at war, and sometimes in war you have to take...the initiative. I am not completely sure what is going on, but I understand that the Nephandi are planning something big, and I would not want them to win. I do not blame you I am just grateful I have never been in a situation where I have had to make such a decision myself."
Jimmy said as he put his hands over Cara's scratches to heal them, the Criamon flinching a little from being touched but then remaining still.
"Sorry..."
Jimmy muttered as he worked and Cara just nodded.
"That is perfectly fine..."

"That was a thought that crossed my mind..."

"I am going to have to talk with our Senior Quaesitor about this one, it is possible that given how dangerous she is, even if she Fell from the Traditions and as such have the right to a trial...well hers are rather unique circumstances..."
The Security Chief said in a grim tone of voice.
"Some things might have to be...done...in the field before taking her in...if she can be taken alive that is."

"Well, that explains quite a few things, including some of her general motivation." He frowned. "But perhaps we should speak of this later."

"I agree Sodales, take care of our guest and the other things you needed to get done then meet me in my office."
Joakim said and nodded.

"Yes, I believe she has weaponized her soul when she became a Nephandus or sometime after. Killing her will likely have...detrimental effects, we should talk about what to do soon.

Joakim's eyes grew dark at the mention of that, he did not like the idea of someone weaponizing their Avatar.
"I agree, we shall discuss this later, meet me in my office when you are done with your various tasks gentlemen."
He said and gave you both a nod before he went over to his team to see how they where doing with banishing anything lingering on Mirri's van.

In the meantime, should get downstairs to assist with Carmon's transfer so we can do just that, if you'll excuse me."

You see Daisy lift the now finished stretcher with Carmon with no difficulty, then she took one step forward and was gone, air rushing in to fill the void where she and the vampire had just been, she would have taken him to the room prepared for him so yes you probably should get down there.

(OOC: Yes thankfully it is back up. Such maintenance periods do happen from time to time though, sorry about that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:30 am

Tane:

"Because A, I for once are not trained in how to fight with a knife, neither is Darrian or Helga. B if I where to move towards the building I would be seen and that would sort of cancel out the element of surprise and C, I am an Adept of the Art Mr Karyak, magick is just simply more effective when I have the time to prepare. No mage can stand their ground in a fight with a shapeshifter alone, but with magick, we can do things they can not dream of."
Antonio said as he glanced at you.
"I am not much of a hunter Mr Karyak, I am a scribe I feel thrill at ancient languages and long forgotten manuscripts not killing something, and certainly do not fancy getting into hand to hand combat with something that could tear me limb from limb."
He said and brought out his notebook.
"You will find though that with my House, the pen really are mightier than the sword."
He said and grinned a little before he started writing.

Well, keep a look over me while i'm in the chanting. He said and found a place where he'd be concealed and started to try and see the spirits, probably corrupted ones or some of the parasitic ones.

"I will keep you safe Mr Karyak."
Helga said as you sat down hidden behind some trees that where sick with all the cars driving by and started trying to see spirits.

(OOC: Please give me an Arete roll for Tane's attempts at spirit magick.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:01 am

"You do? That survivor...he became Mercere did he not...ehm Micah something...ehm Gregario...yes that's it, Micah Gregario." Joakim said then he raised an eyebrow. "A beast got summoned to Steelhaven Hall...one of the Island Creatures...well shit, yes this woman might be the link then, it is hard to know for sure but she might just be that.

He cleared his throat as he started to talk about Micah. Bad enough what had already been said but there wasn't any need to drag other people's names into the forefront.

"I am going to have to talk with our Senior Quaesitor about this one, it is possible that given how dangerous she is, even if she Fell from the Traditions and as such have the right to a trial...well hers are rather unique circumstances..." The Security Chief said in a grim tone of voice. "Some things might have to be...done...in the field before taking her in...if she can be taken alive that is."

He nodded at that. "Yes sir."

Joakim's eyes grew dark at the mention of that, he did not like the idea of someone weaponizing their Avatar. "I agree, we shall discuss this later, meet me in my office when you are done with your various tasks gentlemen." He said and gave you both a nod before he went over to his team to see how they where doing with banishing anything lingering on Mirri's van.

"Very well," he said and stood up to exit the van. When he turned to look back, Daisy had the stretcher in hand and then disappeared with little to no fuss. She was there then she was not, as if she was walking through an invisible door. He nodded at the other magii that were working and hurried downstairs, trying to keep his mind focused and stave off the mental and spiritual fatigue for a little while longer.

// yay it lives. And no worries Anja, you don't have any control over maintenance. It just happens. All in good working order now.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:48 am

Colin nodded to Joakim, "When I looked through the walls, I saw her - at least, I'm quite certain it was her; the magic-inhibiting ward was a bit tricky to see through - dancing around Carmon waving sparklers around. You know, the little handheld fireworks..."
He nodded darkly, "Yes, Gregario. He happens to be the guardian of, well... suffice to say he was targeted in that attack, to try to drive him over the edge of despair, so he'd render himself incapable of caring for his ward. It... didn't quite work, though. Thank God."
He frowned, "Tranquilizer rifle might work, combined with that bloody serum..."

He grinned and handed Hanako one of his business cards, "Well, that would explain the unusual motif... I'd be honoured if you might put me in contact with mr. Ueda at some point - no rush; I've rather got a full plate at the moment - but might I trouble you to forward a letter of introduction once the current spot of trouble is dealt with? I may be a Mage of some ability and potential, but the bulk of my professional remains mundane, and I'm always interested in learning from others."

He arched an eyebrow, "Now I wonder what you might think, were you to meet Master Crexia..."
He thoughtfully stroked one of his scars, "Hum, your talent does sound as though I would have appreciated it greatly after I was put back together... Then again, considering the miracle the doctors just performed, even that might not have been able to improve much."
He smiled, "And I understood what you meant - I'm merely telling you that an Awakened Avatar is a double-edged sword. Actually, it's more like a large rubber mallet of the carnival variety - it usually works fine, but every now and then it bounces back and hits you in the face..."
He sighed, "More than aesthetics, those things are alive... as I understand it, the sensory organs are part of the surveillance system, of sorts. Not sure how the other... bits play into that. Nor do I really want to know."
He grinned wryly, "Well, if you consider the end of the world, or at least the Northeastern United States and a goodly chunk of Canada 'something big', then yes, the Fallen are planning something big. Fortunately, some of us who live here have been put in the unenviable position of stopping them, so that's what we'll have to do..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:35 am

Adley:

He cleared his throat as he started to talk about Micah. Bad enough what had already been said but there wasn't any need to drag other people's names into the forefront.

Joakim gave an expression which was right between being shameful and an oops then shook his head, it had been that sort of day.

"Very well," he said and stood up to exit the van. When he turned to look back, Daisy had the stretcher in hand and then disappeared with little to no fuss. She was there then she was not, as if she was walking through an invisible door. He nodded at the other magii that were working and hurried downstairs, trying to keep his mind focused and stave off the mental and spiritual fatigue for a little while longer.

You leave the small group of magi. Adjan giving you a concerned look before you left. On your way across the yard to get into the main building you see a young woman and a pug, the girl having an expression of annoyance as to why the little dog could not stop digging in the flower beds and instead do it's thing so she could get back to bed, she gave you a polite nod as you passed. Other than that you saw no one but one of the Sentinels, you think his name was Theo who was patrolling the hallways as you made your was down into the basement, found the practical section of the basement and eventually the store room that had been made ready for Carmon.

Inside the store room you see a camping bed had been made ready though it had a good matrass. Daisy was busy placing some blankets over the unfortunate vampire's legs as you got in. She gave you a slight nod.
"I am not sure what I can do to make him comfortable Mr Roth Hicks..."
She muttered, but you see that Carmon looked a little more at ease already with being away from all the hustle and bustle.

Colin:

Colin nodded to Joakim, "When I looked through the walls, I saw her - at least, I'm quite certain it was her; the magic-inhibiting ward was a bit tricky to see through - dancing around Carmon waving sparklers around. You know, the little handheld fireworks..."

The Chief gave Carmon a compassionate look.
"I see, she likes to torture those who are helpless then...I guess I should not be to suprised she is a Nephandus after all."
He muttered.

He nodded darkly, "Yes, Gregario. He happens to be the guardian of, well... suffice to say he was targeted in that attack, to try to drive him over the edge of despair, so he'd render himself incapable of caring for his ward. It... didn't quite work, though. Thank God."

"Poor man."
Joakim said and sigh.
"I hope he will recover, he have been through enough, more than anyone should have to."
He said and there was a darkness in his brown eyes.

He frowned, "Tranquilizer rifle might work, combined with that bloody serum..."

"It could work, the question is if it will also stop her Avatar from wandering around trying to defend it's host."

He grinned and handed Hanako one of his business cards, "Well, that would explain the unusual motif... I'd be honoured if you might put me in contact with mr. Ueda at some point - no rush; I've rather got a full plate at the moment - but might I trouble you to forward a letter of introduction once the current spot of trouble is dealt with? I may be a Mage of some ability and potential, but the bulk of my professional remains mundane, and I'm always interested in learning from others."

The young Virtual Adept took the business card and gave you a polite smile.
"I will be happy to do so Mr Wainwright. I will send the letter to my grandmother and ask her to forward it, I am often in contact with her so there is no trouble."

He arched an eyebrow, "Now I wonder what you might think, were you to meet Master Crexia..."

"I have met Lady Crexia and the other litch we have here at Morningstar, but I have not touched them. Lady Crexia is a nice woman but I am not sure I would want to touch either of them, if I can avoid it."
Jimmy said with a bit of a self conscious grin.

He thoughtfully stroked one of his scars, "Hum, your talent does sound as though I would have appreciated it greatly after I was put back together... Then again, considering the miracle the doctors just performed, even that might not have been able to improve much."

Jimmy looked at you for a moment then he said.
"I might have been able to help with pain, but not much else, not with that severe injuries. Your surgeons do seam to have done a very good job though."
He said without any hint of being uneasy about the scars.

He smiled, "And I understood what you meant - I'm merely telling you that an Awakened Avatar is a double-edged sword. Actually, it's more like a large rubber mallet of the carnival variety - it usually works fine, but every now and then it bounces back and hits you in the face..."

"I see...they are like a spirit living inside of you are they not, in a hole in your soul?"
Jimmy asked then he looked down.
"Oh I am sorry I did not mean to pry Mr Wainwright."

He sighed, "More than aesthetics, those things are alive... as I understand it, the sensory organs are part of the surveillance system, of sorts. Not sure how the other... bits play into that. Nor do I really want to know."

"Well you can be sure someone wants to know and have made videos about it on the internet."
The young healer said and grinned.
"But how do that work..the walls being alive? How is it even possible?"

He grinned wryly, "Well, if you consider the end of the world, or at least the Northeastern United States and a goodly chunk of Canada 'something big', then yes, the Fallen are planning something big. Fortunately, some of us who live here have been put in the unenviable position of stopping them, so that's what we'll have to do..."

"I see...well I wish you the best of luck with that Mr Wainwright...I would not want to be...well in the middle of that if the Nephandi get their way, I want to do my job, live my life and perhaps one day find a nice girl to settle down with."
He said as he finished healing Cara, her scratched was now completely done and he readied a shot for her as well. The Criamon frowned and pushed her top aside revealing more delicate symbols down her arms and shoulders. Jimmy found a space between two symbols and gently set the shot, Cara winced just a little but you think it was more nervousness than pain. Jimmy still placed his hand over her arm for a few moments after the injection though to take any discomfort away.
"Are you alright Miss Willis?"
He asked and she nodded.
"Yes I am fine, I just do not like getting shots...thank you Jimmy."
She said as he went to dispose of the cotton swabs and other materials he had used.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:01 am

Daisy was busy placing some blankets over the unfortunate vampire's legs as you got in. She gave you a slight nod. "I am not sure what I can do to make him comfortable Mr Roth Hicks..." She muttered, but you see that Carmon looked a little more at ease already with being away from all the hustle and bustle.

"Someone is coming that should be able to assist him further. I am sure that being somewhere less busy is beneficial. Thank you for all your help," he said to her. He checked to see if there was something to support his neck like a pillow.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:49 am

There was a pillow there, you see that Daisy have used some blankets to support Carmon's body where his stiff limps would not otherwise touch the bed.
"I see, good, I am trying not to touch him I am not sure how vampires do with Primium."
Daisy said and hid the now exposed metal arm in the folds of her lace robes.
"I should probably check on my Chantrymates they ehm...are not used to being away from home."
She said and looked at you.
"Can you care for our guest until someone else comes along...it was Mrs Knox that where going to sit with him the way I understood it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:29 am

Colin nodded, "Then again, it's also possible she was ordered to do so, to increase the stress and panic in Carmon before, well, before their plans came to fruition."
He pondered for a moment, "Her Avatar seemed... susceptible to reason and intimidation. I'm hardly an expert in these matters, but it seemed less powerful than, er, uniquely gifted. I would hazard its strength is more in mobility and flexibility than raw power, I think it can be handled. Especially with a Master present."

He bowed slightly with a smile, "Very good, miss Sakaki; I shall pen a letter sometime over the next couple of weeks, I expect - and I hope the man understands English, or at least can find someone to translate for him? In any case, miss Willis and I must get to the infirmary. Goodnight."

He nodded, "With such a tactile talent, I can understand that reluctance. I expect it would be much like touching metal at a highly unexpected temperature. Not necessarily painful or harmful, but unpleasantly surprising to say the least."
He smiled thinly, "Best surgeons in Desert Storm... still, you might have been able to relieve the pain and possibly salvage some flexibility at the time. My face remains stiff enough that I have to concentrate on expressions - not quite to the level of a rubber mask, but enough that I seem expressionless and detatched when I'm not thinking about it."
He grinned, "I don't think that question quite qualifies as prying... more individual details might, but no, I don't think that description is quite accurate. It seems to be more like a conjoined twin to one's soul, that sometimes awakens with a mind of its own."
He glanced over at Cara, "Does that sound about right to you?"
He shrugged, "I've been told there's some sort of relation between the Labyrinths and... ehh, you might not know about those, come to think of it... Suffice to say, the Fallen have some grotesque living things that resemble a crossbreed between a cancerous mass and a maggot. The things are impossible in this world, but a Labyrinth seems to be built with just enough deviation from the greater Consensus that they can get away with it."
He grinned, "Admirable goals, that. To quote Gandalf the Grey, it's the little things that keep the Darkness at bay."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:21 am

Colin nodded, "Then again, it's also possible she was ordered to do so, to increase the stress and panic in Carmon before, well, before their plans came to fruition."

"That is also possible and I guess it is less disturbing, even so perhaps we should wait discussing that torture in detail my good man until the unfortunate fellow it happened to have been shown to his quarters."
Joakim said and looked concerned.

He pondered for a moment, "Her Avatar seemed... susceptible to reason and intimidation. I'm hardly an expert in these matters, but it seemed less powerful than, er, uniquely gifted. I would hazard its strength is more in mobility and flexibility than raw power, I think it can be handled. Especially with a Master present."

"I hope you are right, but an Avatar...none know what they are capable of, something your own soul is proof of my good man, but hopefully yes we can find some way to handle Miss Carlyle and her rather unique soul."
The Security Chief said though he sounded a bit doubtful.
"At least if it could be be intimidated it might have been made for a lack of a better way to put it...less spiritual and more base by what have been done to it which might be to our advantage."

He bowed slightly with a smile, "Very good, miss Sakaki; I shall pen a letter sometime over the next couple of weeks, I expect - and I hope the man understands English, or at least can find someone to translate for him? In any case, miss Willis and I must get to the infirmary. Goodnight."

"My grandmother knows english Mr Wainwright she was a teacher before she retired raise a family and then took it back up again once my mother and her brothers where grown up, she is retired again now but she speaks English well I am sure she can translate your letter."
The young Virtual Adept said then she gave you another polite bow.
"Off course do not let me keep you, Mr Wainwright...Cara...please have a good night and I hope there is nothing serious you are going to the infirmary for."
She said and looked concerned.

He nodded, "With such a tactile talent, I can understand that reluctance. I expect it would be much like touching metal at a highly unexpected temperature. Not necessarily painful or harmful, but unpleasantly surprising to say the least."

"I would not want to insult them, both are Master of the Art but yes it do not bother me that Master William is uneasy about being touched and I have never been asked to with Lady Crexia."
Jimmy said and nodded.
"They are marvels though...not that I would have wanted to trade my humanity for immortality, but since they took that choice, the magick involved is most impressive."

He smiled thinly, "Best surgeons in Desert Storm... still, you might have been able to relieve the pain and possibly salvage some flexibility at the time. My face remains stiff enough that I have to concentrate on expressions - not quite to the level of a rubber mask, but enough that I seem expressionless and detatched when I'm not thinking about it."

"I might have been able to do so yes...but I am afraid there is nothing I can do now, if there is still any discomfort then I might be able to help you with that, but scars are hard to do anything about."
Jimmy said sounding apologetic.
"Sorry..."

He grinned, "I don't think that question quite qualifies as prying... more individual details might, but no, I don't think that description is quite accurate. It seems to be more like a conjoined twin to one's soul, that sometimes awakens with a mind of its own."
He glanced over at Cara, "Does that sound about right to you?"

"Yes that sounds about right...well given that we do not really know what an Avatar is, I even met a girl once who was sure her Avatar was her future self come back in time to show her potential, all we know is that they live in our souls and that they let us use magick, everything else is datable."
Cara said and nodded. Jimmy looked at you then he nodded as well.
"Sounds...interesting, at least you are never lonely once you have a friend living inside of you."
He said and grinned.

He shrugged, "I've been told there's some sort of relation between the Labyrinths and... ehh, you might not know about those, come to think of it... Suffice to say, the Fallen have some grotesque living things that resemble a crossbreed between a cancerous mass and a maggot. The things are impossible in this world, but a Labyrinth seems to be built with just enough deviation from the greater Consensus that they can get away with it."

"I see...I do not think I really understand it but...it do sound most unpleasant and it certainly are not the right environment for a child."

He grinned, "Admirable goals, that. To quote Gandalf the Grey, it's the little things that keep the Darkness at bay."

"I would probably rather say simple goals, I just want to live a good life while doing my part to make the world if possible a little better, even if it is just helping an old lady feel a bit less aching in her aging bones for a few moments."
Jimmy said and looked down.

(OOC: Typing up a post with a cat on my lap gets a bit complicated, especially when she want to press the keys as well. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:30 pm

Colin nodded, "It is only a hypothesis for my part, anyway. Though I do note that it was afraid of my Avatar... what was it it called it? A galaxy of pain and destruction and hope?"

He smiled, "Nothing too serious - for now. We had a run-in with some rats; Mage or not, tetanus is a concern..."

He nodded, "Personal comfort zone remains a thing, even in undeath, I suppose. And in any case, it seems Lady Crexia remains far better off than most of her old House... Hum... There's a thought..."
He shook his head, "I wouldn't call it discomfort. The scar tissue just retains a certain... lack of elasticity. At least it gives me a good poker face, if nothing else. Nothing to apologize for; it was a quarter century ago, when I was a young hotshot RAF pilot... I'm not so young anymore, and no longer attached to the RAF, but I'm still a pretty good pilot..."
He frowned and glanced over at the old Mercere, lowering his voice, "Interesting? Certainly... Never lonely... not quite; sometimes that friend can be lost, and that loneliness is worse than any other, I hear... It's a delicate subject; very, very delicate..."
He nodded, "I don't think anyone would want to understand it, except perhaps academically as a means to combat the Fallen... and yes, it's probably an unsuitable environment for anyone, regardless of age."
He smiled, "Nothing wrong with simplicity; every act of kindness and mercy makes the world a better place, even if you don't see the far-reaching consequences right away. That old granny whose stiff joints you soothed today might have been able to knit a sweater for her grandchild for the first time in years; that sweater, in turn, might keep her grandchild from catching pneumonia in high school... The old gent whose aching hands you helped might have taken the opportunity to finish writing his memoirs, showing a new generation the value of knowing a craft rather than a singular focus on academia... never underestimate the value of what you do; you just might see only the first link in a chain."

((OOC: Sounds like the kitten we had when I was still in school. It insisted on playing Doom with me. It didn't play very well, though... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Colin nodded, "It is only a hypothesis for my part, anyway. Though I do note that it was afraid of my Avatar... what was it it called it? A galaxy of pain and destruction and hope?"

"Well it is a thing to keep in mind my good man, now as for your Avatar...it is becoming more and more of a mystery, let us just hope that mystery is to our benefit."
Joakim said though he did give you a concerned look.

He smiled, "Nothing too serious - for now. We had a run-in with some rats; Mage or not, tetanus is a concern..."

"Rats oh dear...no one would not want to get tetanus, I will not stand in the way of you two getting yourself checked out then."
The young Virtual Adept said and gave you another smile.

He nodded, "Personal comfort zone remains a thing, even in undeath, I suppose. And in any case, it seems Lady Crexia remains far better off than most of her old House... Hum... There's a thought..."

"She is at that and yes I would assume most undead beings to have the same issues and comfort zones as we living beings do."
Jimmy agreed.
"What thought did you have Mr Wainwright?"

He shook his head, "I wouldn't call it discomfort. The scar tissue just retains a certain... lack of elasticity. At least it gives me a good poker face, if nothing else. Nothing to apologize for; it was a quarter century ago, when I was a young hotshot RAF pilot... I'm not so young anymore, and no longer attached to the RAF, but I'm still a pretty good pilot..."

"Yes scar tissue will be less elastic...there are some lotions and treatments...but with scarring this severe I doubt it will do much...I hear there are some laser treatments that some some promise though, but not much that I can do."
The young man said apologetically.
"A pilot? That must be a wonderful feeling, to fly."

He frowned and glanced over at the old Mercere, lowering his voice, "Interesting? Certainly... Never lonely... not quite; sometimes that friend can be lost, and that loneliness is worse than any other, I hear... It's a delicate subject; very, very delicate..."

Jimmy glanced over at Wolfgang as well then looked down.
"Off course I should not have mentioned it here in case the Deacon heard me."
He said softly.
"I can not say I understand such a loss but...you can see it in his eyes...poor man, and quite impressive that he remain standing and in charge of a Chantry of sorts."

He nodded, "I don't think anyone would want to understand it, except perhaps academically as a means to combat the Fallen... and yes, it's probably an unsuitable environment for anyone, regardless of age."

"You may be right about that Mr Wainwright."

He smiled, "Nothing wrong with simplicity; every act of kindness and mercy makes the world a better place, even if you don't see the far-reaching consequences right away. That old granny whose stiff joints you soothed today might have been able to knit a sweater for her grandchild for the first time in years; that sweater, in turn, might keep her grandchild from catching pneumonia in high school... The old gent whose aching hands you helped might have taken the opportunity to finish writing his memoirs, showing a new generation the value of knowing a craft rather than a singular focus on academia... never underestimate the value of what you do; you just might see only the first link in a chain."

The young psychic looked at you for a moment then he gave you a warm smile.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright..."
He said earnestly.
"That was quite beautifully said..."

As you stand talking with Jimmy you notice Freddy stirring in her bed and she opened her eyes and muttered.
"Is that your voice I hear Colin?"

(OOC: I had a dog once that learnet that when he stepped on the Nintendo game pad things moved on the screen, he really liked that though no he did not get very far, still he was technically speaking playing.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:50 pm

Colin nodded, "The Hope part is the one that makes me most assured of it being to our benefit... If a Fallen Avatar, regretting how it was changed, sees Hope in the darkness, then perhaps we can win that war... decisively."

He pondered, "I just realized Lady Crexia might know someone... I would have to check with her; it's a possibility that might be beneficial."
He grinned wryly, "Well, considering the scarring is bone deep, lotion might be inadequate in any case. Military rocketry should not get this close to someone's head... You could say I had a rude awakening. And yes... despite getting shot down being the single most traumatic incident in my life... albeit with an incident today making an uncomfortably close second, I still love flying; the serenity of the open sky, the delight of full three-dimensional freedom of movement at my fingertips... Ah, I'm getting a bit sentimental..."
He nodded and whispered in a reverent tone, "Not everyone bears it with the fortitude of that man; some wither away, so great is the loss... There's a reason why the Mercere call it the Founder's Path - that House is possibly made up of the hardiest of all Mages... One might say that his achievements are impressive for anyone but a Mercere."
He smiled and nodded, "Now don't you forget that. It's easy for an Awakened Mage to dismiss your ability as insignificant, but for those you help, and the ones who love them, you can make all the difference in the world. And that's what keeps the darkness at bay."
He perked up an ear and stepped over to Freddy, "Yes, luv, it's me. We just got back from the rescue mission, none the worse for wear. Have you slept well?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:10 pm

Well, i was just kidding, but you should start practicing. We will not always be able to ready ourselves. Tane said with a grinn I'll let you know if anything happens.

He started chanting and trying to find what the spiritual defenses were.

I'll make it an extended roll to find out what the place has and then remove it.
First 2 3 6
second 5 6 6
third 1 7 10
fourth 8 9 7
fifth 6 10 9

ten succeses ought to be enough. If you need more, let me know. i want to end the spiritual protections without rising the alarms.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next