Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

4 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 23 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:06 am

"Kyasid? Ah...is that the vampire's name?"
"Kiasyd sound more like an order or group than a induvidual's name if you ask me young man, but I might be wrong."
Colin scratched his earlobe, "No, his name is Mr. Ameli, I believe - Aldis Ameli, probably. Kiasyd is the term for fey-blooded vampire, apparently, according to this roguish fellow named Drake; Mrs. Knox and her husband will have introduced us in December, to get Anna a playmate approximating her own age... Er, long, loopy story; details later."

Joakim nodded he looked around his cluttered desk for a moment then handed you the stack of crudly drawn maps.
"Yes I have them here."
"I see..." he frowned. Then he nodded. "Well, we know the caul had a 'back door' built by Ellen's sire for the pawns to use to tend the caul. The backdoor entry was heavily trapped and one step can kill you or worse, which I wonder is why they got their Hagalaz." He ticked off on his finger. "We also know the location of that entry and the old safe path to use as well as the way to access the hidden door. However there is a good chance that things may have changed. So we need to find a way to deal with the traps if we use that way." We also know that the Labyrinth was originally set up with five sets of rooms with ten doors that rotated around the caul as the central chamber. Ellen told us they were building a new labyrinth at the time of the raid, the current one one assumes. Her security person at the time was Denise and was Abigail's other apprentice. She had short blonde hair and blue eyes, a sharp nose and was tall.
"We know that Abigail wants her apprentice Martha back and we know that she was pregnant at the time of the raid. I speculate that she used this child for the new caul but that is at this point that is only a guess. We also know that they were having some issues with their wards this evening, though we don't know if that is still the case or what was the cause. We know that the labyrinth is protected by spirits...and that the old labyrinth was made out of a stone that prevented Ellen from using her abilities. Let me think..." he said, and closed his eyes a moment, picking back over the information he'd gotten.
Well as for these stones...hum...I am not sure what material they could be, something enchanted probably...or something infused with Primium, it could complicate matters for us at least and I do not like to have more complications right now."
Colin frowned as his pen flew over the pages, noting down rooms as "Resident in Boston," "Resident Captive," "Resident Dead," and other relevant specifics to supplement Anna's annotations, and pondered briefly, "It... might not be necessarily enchanted or Primium-lined stone that was used... Werewolves and their like are vulnerable to silver, fey and their kin are vulnerable to iron and steel, and so on - it might well be a mundane mineral that impedes vampires in a similar manner. I'd recommend asking Mrs. Knox about that - she would be the resident authority on the matter, would she not? After all, it would be a strange choice for the Fallen to build their Labyrinth of a material that impeded their own magic..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 23 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:17 am

Colin scratched his earlobe, "No, his name is Mr. Ameli, I believe - Aldis Ameli, probably. Kiasyd is the term for fey-blooded vampire, apparently, according to this roguish fellow named Drake; Mrs. Knox and her husband will have introduced us in December, to get Anna a playmate approximating her own age... Er, long, loopy story; details later."

"Listening to you Mr Wainwright I can sympathize with the Cult of Ecstasy and their seemingly out of time ways. I do not know this Mr Drake but very well then, Kiasyd being the group name and Mr Ameli being the man we are looking for is fine. I hope you find him in time to be useful for Steelhaven."
Joakim said and nodded.

"It... might not be necessarily enchanted or Primium-lined stone that was used... Werewolves and their like are vulnerable to silver, fey and their kin are vulnerable to iron and steel, and so on - it might well be a mundane mineral that impedes vampires in a similar manner.

"Hum...not that I know of Mr Wainwright...wood have a devastating effect if you get it into their heart, but otherwise it is just wood with no more harmful effect to them than to anyone else, I know of no material that would impede their powers like that. Something holy perhaps...holy to the person wielding it so it becomes a sort of magick, other than that I can not really think of anything."

I'd recommend asking Mrs. Knox about that - she would be the resident authority on the matter, would she not? After all, it would be a strange choice for the Fallen to build their Labyrinth of a material that impeded their own magic..."

"I will certainly ask her Mr Wainwright but I am not sure the question will give us much results, it is more likely the stones are an enchantment."
The hedge wizard said as he regarded you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:30 am

"Listening to you Mr Wainwright I can sympathize with the Cult of Ecstasy and their seemingly out of time ways. I do not know this Mr Drake but very well then, Kiasyd being the group name and Mr Ameli being the man we are looking for is fine. I hope you find him in time to be useful for Steelhaven."
Colin nodded, "I have all possible faith in Master Sharaya's ability to locate someone through their electronic footprints - in this case, the phone he used and the e-mail address he left in the message on my answering machine."

"Hum...not that I know of Mr Wainwright...wood have a devastating effect if you get it into their heart, but otherwise it is just wood with no more harmful effect to them than to anyone else, I know of no material that would impede their powers like that. Something holy perhaps...holy to the person wielding it so it becomes a sort of magick, other than that I can not really think of anything."
He pondered, "Good point... hum... wait, seventy years ago, that would be just on the heels of World War 2 - everyone was rebuilding after the war, and you were getting back in full swing after the Great Depression in the thirties, as well... I'll wager there were churches or cathedrals being renovated at the time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:59 am

Colin nodded, "I have all possible faith in Master Sharaya's ability to locate someone through their electronic footprints - in this case, the phone he used and the e-mail address he left in the message on my answering machine."

"Hum...Master Sharaya...Narim Sharaya? He is one of Master Dante's students are he not? Hum...yes I have no doubt that no one will stay hidden from him for long."
Joakim agreed.

He pondered, "Good point... hum... wait, seventy years ago, that would be just on the heels of World War 2 - everyone was rebuilding after the war, and you were getting back in full swing after the Great Depression in the thirties, as well... I'll wager there were churches or cathedrals being renovated at the time."

"That is correct...it was right after the chaos that disgusting little German created...I am pretty sure there where churches and cathedrals rebuilt at the same time all over the world and as for renovations, well with an influx of capital that is likely I can find out if any had work done on them at the same time, why where you wondering about it Mr Wainwright?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:23 am

"Hum...Master Sharaya...Narim Sharaya? He is one of Master Dante's students are he not? Hum...yes I have no doubt that no one will stay hidden from him for long."
Colin nodded, "You could call him Master Steelhaven's heir apparent, I suppose - he's young, but I think he'll be quite capable in the office. So long as he doesn't try to take it all upon himself, of course."

"That is correct...it was right after the chaos that disgusting little German created...I am pretty sure there where churches and cathedrals rebuilt at the same time all over the world and as for renovations, well with an influx of capital that is likely I can find out if any had work done on them at the same time, why where you wondering about it Mr Wainwright?
He smiled thinly, "Holy building materials. If the Labyrinth was partly constructed with stones that had previously been part of churches or cathedrals, would that be liable to have such an impairing effect on vampires? Plus, subverting such materials would seem right up the Fallen's ally - and they're not bothered by faith as such."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:33 am

Colin nodded, "You could call him Master Steelhaven's heir apparent, I suppose - he's young, but I think he'll be quite capable in the office. So long as he doesn't try to take it all upon himself, of course."

"I have not met Master Sharaya personally I have just heard about him and from what I am told I think you are probably right Mr Wainwright and I do wish him the best of luck when Master Steelhaven leave us."

He smiled thinly, "Holy building materials. If the Labyrinth was partly constructed with stones that had previously been part of churches or cathedrals, would that be liable to have such an impairing effect on vampires? Plus, subverting such materials would seem right up the Fallen's ally - and they're not bothered by faith as such."

"They would have to be made by someone who actually believe and did not just follow a faith on autopilot but yes that could explain it but it would also make it hard to use magick past that barrier, but then again, perhaps they felt they did not need to do so or got some pleasure out of perverting what had once been holy, then again any faith will do so it could be their own zealots blessing the stones as well, it would have the same effects. No Fallen are not bothered by faith really, no more than other mages but if someone have strong enough faith they will get some protection from all magick."
He explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:21 pm

"They would have to be made by someone who actually believe and did not just follow a faith on autopilot but yes that could explain it but it would also make it hard to use magick past that barrier, but then again, perhaps they felt they did not need to do so or got some pleasure out of perverting what had once been holy, then again any faith will do so it could be their own zealots blessing the stones as well, it would have the same effects. No Fallen are not bothered by faith really, no more than other mages but if someone have strong enough faith they will get some protection from all magick."
Colin nodded, "Considering those stones would likely have been cut and placed by far more pious individuals when the churches were originally built than the ones who would later renovate them, it does sound plausible enough. Hm... I wonder if that possible source might be something a Chorister or three might exploit?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:40 pm

"It do old churches and materials from them are often popular building material for new Chantries or to just make Chantries in the buildings themselves for that very reason."
Joakim said and nodded.
"If the walls are build of such materials though it will hamper us and the Fallen equally much, however there is allot of ifs here. I would like to know more certain information...do you think Anna can be talked into telling us more?"
He asked.
"It depend on the faith that created the stones or consecrated them might be more accurate to say, and if that is what the building materials indeed are but if so then yes perhaps the Chorus might be a boon to helping us get an edge there yes."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:33 pm

"Kiasyd sound more like an order or group than a induvidual's name if you ask me young man, but I might be wrong."
He said and sigh. "However if we can not get into contact with the being before the attack on the Labyrinth it is not that important at the moment."

"True."

"I see...I will leave those complications to you, amicus."

"I have not met Master Sharaya personally I have just heard about him and from what I am told I think you are probably right Mr Wainwright and I do wish him the best of luck when Master Steelhaven leave us."

He listened quietly to the back and forth about Narim. It was a bit like hearing your older relatives chat about someone you liked, a neighbor or something and hearing them compare report cards.

"It will be a dangerous path in either case and if we are taking it we will need a distraction to keep the Nephandi busy while we sneak up on their Caul as they are likely to drop everything to defend it if they know it is in danger."

"Yes, plus who knows what is really on the other side of the door. The caul presumably but that doesn't mean that it in itself isn't a trap for awakened."

"We have been told that Abigail love her apprentices...we know of three so far then, Martha Cunningham, Jodelle Jerkins and now this Denise...if she want Martha back do you think there is any chance we can use that to our advantage and have Miss Cunningham been interrogated?"

"Not that I know about, when we went back I didn't know she had been acquired until another problem cropped up so I don't know what her state is, either. It seems the spirit I was talking about was looking for an access point to get her out. I can see if anyone got anything out of her, if you think we should risk the communication, sir."

"I see, the Caul was likely created by a human sacrefice, one done by Abigail of her own infant, that is disturbing and perhaps that mean we can use an arcane connection between them in some way, but we need to get into the damned place first."

"It's a hypothesis based on the fact that is how the Labyrinth in Bostons was created and the fact that Ellen said Abigail was...cruel to male prisoners. She said this while talking about...similar cruelty done to herself," he said with a frown.

"Problems with their wards now...well that we might use if they have not fixed the issue though I would like to know more about that...I do not like to suggjest it but perhaps Matty once her...soul have been dealt with should be brought back alive for interogating, we might be able to reach her enough to ask questions, though the mercyful thing would be to let her die once the Masters of Spirit are done with their work, unfortunatly we are at war and when at war sometimes cruelty are neccesary, and if we can get the young woman to talk we might get some updated information on the Labyrinth."

"Carmon mentioned that Abigail got a phone call while he was staked in that house and she ran off to deal with it. I don't think that anyone would be in much of a state to do anything after what you plan to do to her, sir, cruelty or not. We also know why Matty...did this thing to her own soul."

Well as for these stones...hum...I am not sure what material they could be, something enchanted probably...or something infused with Primium, it could complicate matters for us at least and I do not like to have more complications right now."
"It... might not be necessarily enchanted or Primium-lined stone that was used... Werewolves and their like are vulnerable to silver, fey and their kin are vulnerable to iron and steel, and so on - it might well be a mundane mineral that impedes vampires in a similar manner. I'd recommend asking Mrs. Knox about that - she would be the resident authority on the matter, would she not? After all, it would be a strange choice for the Fallen to build their Labyrinth of a material that impeded their own magic..."

"Possible."

"I will certainly ask her Mr Wainwright but I am not sure the question will give us much results, it is more likely the stones are an enchantment."

"It may have been just certain areas treated that way."

"You think that it may have been built with the regio crossover on consecrated grounds or used material from it? Or that the imprint affected the area of the umbra, it's reflection?" he asked."Interesting..."

"If the walls are build of such materials though it will hamper us and the Fallen equally much, however there is allot of ifs here. I would like to know more certain information...do you think Anna can be talked into telling us more?"
He asked.

"She said that I may return to speak with her again, though it might be hard for her to tell if something was holy or consecrated rather than the effect of it. But I can ask and see if she might know more about the materials they used. Let me think, what else...Abigail is very strong in the mental arts...she breaks people for sport. "

"We know that the Fallen are also looking for components for their ritual," he said, meaning himself and probably the Joakim, "as per what happened at the post office, on top of their their missing apprentices and a tass supply. We know that Abigail and Nicolai have exchanged prisoners, the latter having her familiar supposedly. We know that they have werebears, and we should figure out what they may be susceptible to as well as how to deal with them..the outsider spirits and Jerkin's personal spirits which will need to be dispensed with or contained...there is the tender of the Labyrinth, spiritual specialist Cotta. Who else is left, do you think that we know?" he glanced at Colin.

// sorry I didn't reply last night I felt like hammered crap. Got a cold! Slept 12 hours and feeling moderate.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:06 pm

"I see...I will leave those complications to you, amicus."
Colin grinned, "Much appreciated. At least I have a few months to prepare unexpected Christmas presents I'll learn the recipient might wish for in December..."

"Yes, plus who knows what is really on the other side of the door. The caul presumably but that doesn't mean that it in itself isn't a trap for awakened."
He frowned, "I'd wager the Caul itself is a little better guarded than merely being placed front and center as a trap - there's likely some room for their more... disturbing rituals in front of it, as well."

"Not that I know about, when we went back I didn't know she had been acquired until another problem cropped up so I don't know what her state is, either. It seems the spirit I was talking about was looking for an access point to get her out. I can see if anyone got anything out of her, if you think we should risk the communication, sir."
He scratched his neck, "Bugger, yes, I completely forgot about speaking with her when we were there... some more disturbing concerns kept cropping up, among other things. In any case, I do believe Chief Morgan would have said if there'd been any progress with her. We should ask him once we're out of here, though - might not get a good signal right now."

He frowned, "I don't know that it would be much help asking, to be honest - considering her age, even if her Mentor was in the inner circle, how much detail about the construction work and defensive preparations of seventy years past do you believe she would know about? Considering she's convinced my staying alive will be her best chance for, well, coming out intact, as it were, I don't think she'd neglect mentioning something to that effect in the maps, if she knew of it... but if you really think it's worth disrupting her now that she finally sleeps peacefully, I'll ask."

"We know that the Fallen are also looking for components for their ritual," he said, meaning himself and probably the Joakim, "as per what happened at the post office, on top of their their missing apprentices and a tass supply. We know that Abigail and Nicolai have exchanged prisoners, the latter having her familiar supposedly. We know that they have werebears, and we should figure out what they may be susceptible to as well as how to deal with them..the outsider spirits and Jerkin's personal spirits which will need to be dispensed with or contained...there is the tender of the Labyrinth, spiritual specialist Cotta. Who else is left, do you think that we know?" he glanced at Colin.
He pondered, "Let's see, Nicolai's childe would probably be staked in one of these cells, and mr. Silverberg mentioned some Linear Magi as well, didn't he? Hum... what I wouldn't give for the after-action report from the Union strike on the post office right now - knowing the Fallen bodycount would be quite valuable, since that could make up a difference of up to half a dozen of their stronger members..."

((OOC: Ack, perk up soon, dude!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:43 pm

"That is a very good point Mr Roth Hicks, there are likely traps in the chamber and it itself might be a trap but then again any approach we have to the Labyrinth will likely be dangerous."

"Hum...asking if any useful information have been gleaned from the woman might be a good idea yes, though who knows if she is even in a state where she is able to talk, in any case it is worth a shot."
Joakim said and nodded.

"It's a hypothesis based on the fact that is how the Labyrinth in Bostons was created and the fact that Ellen said Abigail was...cruel to male prisoners. She said this while talking about...similar cruelty done to herself," he said with a frown.

"To a Nosferatu? It is no less horrible off course but...I did not think anyone would...but yes I see I wonder if that is how all Cauls are made from an innocent child, if so that is quite disturbing, though I am not sure if it is a theory that is of tactical importance at the moment."
Joakim said and frowned.

"Carmon mentioned that Abigail got a phone call while he was staked in that house and she ran off to deal with it. I don't think that anyone would be in much of a state to do anything after what you plan to do to her, sir, cruelty or not. We also know why Matty...did this thing to her own soul."

"Hum...something urgent then, I guess it is not likely Anna will know anything about the problem then."
The hedge wizard muttered then he sigh.
"No you are right about that when it comes to Matty, most are in to much shock and are to devastated to talk after...that...and are not able to for a long time assuming they survive."
He said sadly.
"We might get lucky though...but I guess the change of that is so small there is little point of showing her the cruelty of forcing her to live until we have tried to talk with her..."

"It may have been just certain areas treated that way."

"That is true and it is one more thing I would like to know before we do this thing...there are to many unknowns..."
Joakim said and frowned again, he had been doing this allot tonight.

"You think that it may have been built with the regio crossover on consecrated grounds or used material from it? Or that the imprint affected the area of the umbra, it's reflection?" he asked."Interesting..."

"Both are a possibility."

"She said that I may return to speak with her again, though it might be hard for her to tell if something was holy or consecrated rather than the effect of it. But I can ask and see if she might know more about the materials they used. Let me think, what else...Abigail is very strong in the mental arts...she breaks people for sport. "

"Some say vampires feel the things that are holy to be uncomfortable or in disagreement to their nature I...would not know I did not encounter any before I was brought back to life."
The hedge wizard said softly and looked away for a moment.
"Ellen, if that is what we are calling her now...might have felt a difference between something consecrated and some sort of other material though so it might be worth talking with her about it and what else she might remember about those building materials."
He said then he looked concerned and angry.
"Ah off course Abigail do, damned woman, well that just makes her more dangerous..."

"We know that the Fallen are also looking for components for their ritual," he said, meaning himself and probably the Joakim, "as per what happened at the post office, on top of their their missing apprentices and a tass supply. We know that Abigail and Nicolai have exchanged prisoners, the latter having her familiar supposedly.

"Hum...yes and hopefully that they do not have all they need will slow them down, now as for this familiar, now that we can use, if we could get our hands on it then we could use it to track it's mistress, or we could sever the bond between it and Abigal, something that will create quite a mental shock that might just give us an edge, eventually if we can time that to when we move in on the Labyrinth...cruel but effective..."

We know that they have werebears, and we should figure out what they may be susceptible to as well as how to deal with them..

"Hum...perhaps some of Mrs Knox's shapechanger allies can tell us something about that, I will ask her about it."

the outsider spirits and Jerkin's personal spirits which will need to be dispensed with or contained...there is the tender of the Labyrinth, spiritual specialist Cotta. Who else is left, do you think that we know?" he glanced at Colin.

"Yes we need a plan for the nasty spirits in the Labyrinth, hopefully Miss Jerkins's pets will not be around when she is not there to summon them but the Outsiders those will be a problem. As for this Cotta she is an priority target to take down when we attack then."

He frowned, "I'd wager the Caul itself is a little better guarded than merely being placed front and center as a trap - there's likely some room for their more... disturbing rituals in front of it, as well."

"There are likely to be ritual chambers there indeed Mr Wainwright as for the Caul itself, yes it is likely to be well guarded, it is the heart of the Labyrinth after all."

He frowned, "I don't know that it would be much help asking, to be honest - considering her age, even if her Mentor was in the inner circle, how much detail about the construction work and defensive preparations of seventy years past do you believe she would know about?

"You do have a point Mr Wainwright."
Joakim said and nodded.
"It is perhaps best to let your pet Nephandus sleep then."

He pondered, "Let's see, Nicolai's childe would probably be staked in one of these cells, and mr. Silverberg mentioned some Linear Magi as well, didn't he? Hum... what I wouldn't give for the after-action report from the Union strike on the post office right now - knowing the Fallen bodycount would be quite valuable, since that could make up a difference of up to half a dozen of their stronger members..."

"Hum...well a captive vampire in one of the cells are not that tactically relevant I think...since he will be inside of the Labyrinth most likely so it will be hard for us to get to him and use him as leverage against Nicolai...yes Mr Silverberg mentioned linear magi among the paws of the place."
He said and looked displeased about the notion of that.
"I to would have liked to know the Fallen's body count but we can not call the local Technocrats and ask them about it, that would be most illegal."

(OOC: Do not worry about it Strife post when you feel like it there is no pressure. Also I hope you feel better soon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:24 am

Colin grinned, "Much appreciated. At least I have a few months to prepare unexpected Christmas presents I'll learn the recipient might wish for in December..."

He smiled a little at that.

"To a Nosferatu? It is no less horrible off course but...I did not think anyone would...but yes I see I wonder if that is how all Cauls are made from an innocent child, if so that is quite disturbing, though I am not sure if it is a theory that is of tactical importance at the moment."

"Well...not until we have more information. But my thoughts are thus:

"This is a sort of hidden way in, for the unawakened pawns. I do expect it to be guarded though, in many ways. Have we seen anyone try to use this path since we found out about it? I know you said that it was in a shop now, sir."

"Hum...perhaps some of Mrs Knox's shapechanger allies can tell us something about that, I will ask her about it."

"Good, though I hate to wake her, she's had a long night as well."

He scratched his neck, "Bugger, yes, I completely forgot about speaking with her when we were there... some more disturbing concerns kept cropping up, among other things. In any case, I do believe Chief Morgan would have said if there'd been any progress with her. We should ask him once we're out of here, though - might not get a good signal right now."

"He might not have had time," he said with a frown.

// getting there

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:42 am

"This is a sort of hidden way in, for the unawakened pawns. I do expect it to be guarded though, in many ways. Have we seen anyone try to use this path since we found out about it? I know you said that it was in a shop now, sir."

"Ah...let me check."
Joakim said and he thumbed through his notebook.
"Yes when we put surveillance on the place we did find that through tonight twice someone have come and gone from the store far after closing time, once a young woman who left, and then a older man and a woman who came into the shop and did not leave again."
Joakim said as he read his notes.
"While this might be someone cleaning the shop or someone who have some other innocent reason to be there, it do give an indication that the passage is used."

"Good, though I hate to wake her, she's had a long night as well."

"She has, but we might not have any choice I can not think of anyone else who might have contacts among the shapechangers, the other Awakened societies do not have much to do with ours usually."
Joakim said and frowned.

"He might not have had time," he said with a frown.

"Well if she is in as bad a state as we suspect getting anything out of Miss Cunningham might prove to be a bit of a challenge."
The hedge wizard said and sigh.
"And it might be time consuming."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:40 am

"Hum...yes and hopefully that they do not have all they need will slow them down, now as for this familiar, now that we can use, if we could get our hands on it then we could use it to track it's mistress, or we could sever the bond between it and Abigal, something that will create quite a mental shock that might just give us an edge, eventually if we can time that to when we move in on the Labyrinth...cruel but effective..."
Colin frowned, "If there were just any way we could let Nicolai know how his exchanged childe is being treated..."

"Yes we need a plan for the nasty spirits in the Labyrinth, hopefully Miss Jerkins's pets will not be around when she is not there to summon them but the Outsiders those will be a problem. As for this Cotta she is an priority target to take down when we attack then."
He grimaced, "I'm afraid that based on how miss Jerkins referred to them, we'll need her dagger to get someone past her children - I doubt she would have phrased it like that unless they were already summoned to this plane."

"It is perhaps best to let your pet Nephandus sleep then."
He frowned, "Thank you... though, perhaps we should do away with the term 'pet Nephandus'... She might take offense at it."

"I to would have liked to know the Fallen's body count but we can not call the local Technocrats and ask them about it, that would be most illegal."
He sighed, then frowned, "Is there perhaps anyone available who could try to scry on the post office, through space and time? We know when we left and the Fallen arrived - seeing past events should be viable..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:39 am

Colin frowned, "If there were just any way we could let Nicolai know how his exchanged childe is being treated..."

"Hum...Mrs Knox might know how to contact him and a non Hermetic might be able to call him up and tell him, the question is if he will believe us or not."
Joakim said and frowned.

He grimaced, "I'm afraid that based on how miss Jerkins referred to them, we'll need her dagger to get someone past her children - I doubt she would have phrased it like that unless they were already summoned to this plane."

"Oh wonderful so we have some magick eating abominations to deal with."
The hedge wizard said and frowned.
"Any word from Miss Jerkins on how we may destroy her children? If she is willing to tell us that? Her dagger...ah yes you told me about that, at least we have that if her gift can be trusted."

He frowned, "Thank you... though, perhaps we should do away with the term 'pet Nephandus'... She might take offense at it."

"Yes...I can imagine that she might..."
Joakim said with a bit of a grin.
"Very well then your new charge...is that better?"

He sighed, then frowned, "Is there perhaps anyone available who could try to scry on the post office, through space and time? We know when we left and the Fallen arrived - seeing past events should be viable..."

"Hum...well Master Harris know how to affect both space and time, and Lady Crexia are Master of both Correspondence and Time and Spirit as well, asking her to see what she might be able to find out might be useful..."
He said after he had considered for a moment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:01 pm

"Yes when we put surveillance on the place we did find that through tonight twice someone have come and gone from the store far after closing time, once a young woman who left, and then a older man and a woman who came into the shop and did not leave again."
Joakim said as he read his notes. "While this might be someone cleaning the shop or someone who have some other innocent reason to be there, it do give an indication that the passage is used."

"Hm..well, I would assume the hidden area is under some type of guard and ward, in order to access the pathway."

"She has, but we might not have any choice I can not think of anyone else who might have contacts among the shapechangers, the other Awakened societies do not have much to do with ours usually."

He nodded. "I'm sure she will help if she can."

"Well if she is in as bad a state as we suspect getting anything out of Miss Cunningham might prove to be a bit of a challenge."
The hedge wizard said and sigh."And it might be time consuming."

"There is only one way to find out."

"Hum...Mrs Knox might know how to contact him and a non Hermetic might be able to call him up and tell him, the question is if he will believe us or not."

"Didn't you erm...happen to mention in passing something to that affect, to some vampires about that? The one that ran away from the post office, perhaps? Also, there is still my contact to consider, and if any part they might have in this or not."

"Oh wonderful so we have some magick eating abominations to deal with." The hedge wizard said and frowned. "Any word from Miss Jerkins on how we may destroy her children? If she is willing to tell us that? Her dagger...ah yes you told me about that, at least we have that if her gift can be trusted."

"I would not trust a mother to tell one how to kill their children. However, the dagger...we should be careful with that. Using something tainted...unless it is a passive effect. Have we had a chance to look it over closer?"

"Hum...well Master Harris know how to affect both space and time, and Lady Crexia are Master of both Correspondence and Time and Spirit as well, asking her to see what she might be able to find out might be useful..."

"If you think it will turn up something. But I'm sure I don't trust the Technocracy enough that they didn't leave a little 'present' for anyone returning to the chantry later to pick up the pieces."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:25 pm

"Hm..well, I would assume the hidden area is under some type of guard and ward, in order to access the pathway."

"I would agree with that, there probably are some guard in place yes."

He nodded. "I'm sure she will help if she can."

"I am sure she will. I am going to talk with her when we are done here."

"There is only one way to find out."

"True enough, what if you call home and check if they have gotten anything out of the woman while I go and speak with Mrs Knox once our meeting is done?"
Joakim suggested.

Also, there is still my contact to consider, and if any part they might have in this or not."

"Ah yes your contact...well first and foremost trying to get this Nicolai from getting involved would help as it would be one less problem to deal with...and we need all the allies we can once we go against the Labyrinth, I want it taken down as quickly as possible so any combatants she can spare will likely be needed to help deal with the place. Having them be scouts might be useful as well."

"I would not trust a mother to tell one how to kill their children. However, the dagger...we should be careful with that. Using something tainted...unless it is a passive effect. Have we had a chance to look it over closer?"

"Yes a resident Verditius have looked the dagger over, it seams to have been imbued with some minor effect, it is likely to be a identifier as Miss Jerkins said, no other other effects or traps have been found but that do not mean they are not there. According to the Verditius just having the dagger one one's person should be enough if it do what the prisoner say it do but yes dealing with tainted talismans is never a safe business."
Joakim said and frowned.

"If you think it will turn up something. But I'm sure I don't trust the Technocracy enough that they didn't leave a little 'present' for anyone returning to the chantry later to pick up the pieces."

"They probably did leave such a present indeed or at least I would not put it past them. But as your Cabalmate here is saying Mr Roth Hicks, knowing how many Nephandi died in that fight would be very useful in our current situation."
Joakim said but he did look concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:24 am

"Ah yes your contact...well first and foremost trying to get this Nicolai from getting involved would help as it would be one less problem to deal with...and we need all the allies we can once we go against the Labyrinth, I want it taken down as quickly as possible so any combatants she can spare will likely be needed to help deal with the place. Having them be scouts might be useful as well."

"Well, I know that Nicolai was kept...preoccupied during the last mission we were on, whether or not that is still the case I'm not sure but I was told that they would try to keep him occupied a while."

"Yes a resident Verditius have looked the dagger over, it seams to have been imbued with some minor effect, it is likely to be a identifier as Miss Jerkins said, no other other effects or traps have been found but that do not mean they are not there. According to the Verditius just having the dagger one one's person should be enough if it do what the prisoner say it do but yes dealing with tainted talismans is never a safe business."

"A do not eat Mommy sign," he said.

"They probably did leave such a present indeed or at least I would not put it past them. But as your Cabalmate here is saying Mr Roth Hicks, knowing how many Nephandi died in that fight would be very useful in our current situation."

"I never said it wouldn't be useful, just pointing it out."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:07 am

"Well, I know that Nicolai was kept...preoccupied during the last mission we were on, whether or not that is still the case I'm not sure but I was told that they would try to keep him occupied a while."

"Hum...well if the little monster is still occupied that works well for me, perhaps you could ask your contact about that and if he is still kept busy then at least he is out of the way, though I would like to have my hands on Abigail's familiar, I will settle for the vampire not getting involved."
Joakim said and nodded.

"A do not eat Mommy sign," he said.

"Yes it do seam to be precisely that."

"I never said it wouldn't be useful, just pointing it out."

"I know Mr Roth Hicks and there is a risk to investigating it, there is a risk to everything, but hopefully Lady Crexia knows how to avoid most o those possible traps, she is a quite skilled mage, talking with her about it is worth it at least."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:51 am

"Didn't you erm...happen to mention in passing something to that affect, to some vampires about that? The one that ran away from the post office, perhaps? Also, there is still my contact to consider, and if any part they might have in this or not."
Colin frowned, "I'm fairly sure I haven't spoken with Erichtho again after we parted ways in Gary... I think it was mr. Silverberg who mentioned it on the phone, with your contact in the room. Not certain how useful that's going to prove, in and of itself..."

"Any word from Miss Jerkins on how we may destroy her children? If she is willing to tell us that? Her dagger...ah yes you told me about that, at least we have that if her gift can be trusted."
He shrugged, "I doubt she would tell us how her children can be destroyed; they are, after all, what she sold her soul for in the first place... For that matter, I don't necessarily think she knows how her little darlings can be destroyed - if they don't have any specific, commonly available vulnerabilities like salt, iron or silver, she might not've bothered. Though, if we knew the name of the, er, father, then there might be a relevant bit of lore to turn to? As for the dagger, I'm willing to trust her in that regard - one old warrior to another. I think she would want to hear I died gloriously in battle, rather than eaten by something I didn't have the means to fight back against. She is... well, I don't know that I'd quite put her up as a 'good enemy', but there is an unusual sincerity to her."

"Very well then your new charge...is that better?"
He grinned, "Much better. There'll be little enough dignity for me in that regard; might as well salvage what I can."

"I know Mr Roth Hicks and there is a risk to investigating it, there is a risk to everything, but hopefully Lady Crexia knows how to avoid most o those possible traps, she is a quite skilled mage, talking with her about it is worth it at least."
He frowned, "I think we might wish to consult with both Master Harris and Lady Crexia, actually - Lady Crexia might be experienced and robust enough to either disable or endure any trap the Union might have set there, but Master Harris might get by undetected, due to his, hm, more modern methods. Though I would hesitate to burden Master Harris any more without pressing need; keeping an eye on the... capture of Matty is going to be enough of a strain on him, I fear..."

((OOC: Looked through the PDFs - can't find that we spoke with Erichtho any other times than just before we hit the post office.))
((OOC2: Sorry I dropped off the face of the world a bit yesterday. Tired after long workweek; no creative juice left. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:41 am

He shrugged, "I doubt she would tell us how her children can be destroyed; they are, after all, what she sold her soul for in the first place... For that matter, I don't necessarily think she knows how her little darlings can be destroyed - if they don't have any specific, commonly available vulnerabilities like salt, iron or silver, she might not've bothered. Though, if we knew the name of the, er, father, then there might be a relevant bit of lore to turn to?

"No I guess that Miss Jerkins love those monstrosities in some ways."
Joakim said and sigh.
"If it was only as easy as throwing some salt on them. Knowing the name of the father might help though, but have the woman said anything to you about that? About who or what she ehm...took to her bed to create those things?"
He asked and sounded a bit uneasy.

He grinned, "Much better. There'll be little enough dignity for me in that regard; might as well salvage what I can."

"Very well then, your charge it is then...and in my opinion Mr Wainwright there is dignity in helping a child in trouble no matter who that child is, it is the right thing to do."
Joakim said and gave a bit of a smile.

He frowned, "I think we might wish to consult with both Master Harris and Lady Crexia, actually - Lady Crexia might be experienced and robust enough to either disable or endure any trap the Union might have set there, but Master Harris might get by undetected, due to his, hm, more modern methods.

"You are right Lady Crexia have both resistance and she is an agile and strong spellcaster and there is a good chance that she will be able to deal with any surprises the Union might have left...Master Harris might be able to work better with their methods though but at the same time he will have a bigger problem dealing with what they might have left if he trip any traps."
The Security Chief said and nodded at your summary.

Though I would hesitate to burden Master Harris any more without pressing need; keeping an eye on the... capture of Matty is going to be enough of a strain on him, I fear..."

"Yes it will be hard on all of us and particularly on him so no I would not want to burden the man further. I would feel better asking Lady Crexia for her help in this, though Master Min might have asked her to join the capture team due to her power and due to the fact that she is a Master of Spirit."

(OOC: Yes Colin have only met Erichtho once.)

(OOC 2: No problem I had a headache all evening yesterday anyway and would probably not have been to active anyway.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:06 pm

"If it was only as easy as throwing some salt on them. Knowing the name of the father might help though, but have the woman said anything to you about that? About who or what she ehm...took to her bed to create those things?"
Colin shook his head, "She didn't volunteer the name of her patron... nor did it seem prudent to ask, considering... well, that."

"Very well then, your charge it is then...and in my opinion Mr Wainwright there is dignity in helping a child in trouble no matter who that child is, it is the right thing to do."
"That is so, but there'll be enough scorn for me in the future for even considering sheltering a Nephandus rather than letting her spend her remaining days in a cell on Horizon... No matter; it will all become part of whatever reputation I manage to build for myself - hopefully, the reason as well as the actual actions...""

"Yes it will be hard on all of us and particularly on him so no I would not want to burden the man further. I would feel better asking Lady Crexia for her help in this, though Master Min might have asked her to join the capture team due to her power and due to the fact that she is a Master of Spirit."
He nodded, "Well, then, that might be the first thing we want to check; whether she'll be attending... that, and whether she'll be willing to scry on the past battle for us before or after."

((OOC: Yeah, and I don't think they spoke on the phone later, either.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:42 pm

Colin shook his head, "She didn't volunteer the name of her patron... nor did it seem prudent to ask, considering... well, that."

"It might be wise to try to get that name out of her though if we have to contend with her ehm...children, if you think there is a chance we can actually get that information out of Miss Jerkins."
Joakim said and leaned back in his chair.

"That is so, but there'll be enough scorn for me in the future for even considering sheltering a Nephandus rather than letting her spend her remaining days in a cell on Horizon... No matter; it will all become part of whatever reputation I manage to build for myself - hopefully, the reason as well as the actual actions..."

"It will be hard Mr Wainwright and many will give you sideways glances or see your attempt to show the girl mercy as a weakness, hopefully though enough will see your treatment of the young prisoner for what it is, as a way to to give a doomed child a few good days or weeks or perhaps months before she either dies or suffer a fate worse than death and they will see the noble in that."
Joakim said as he regarded you.
"Well we can worry about that when we are have stopped this Nephandi campaign and secured that there will be a future for you to worry about your reputation in young man."

He nodded, "Well, then, that might be the first thing we want to check; whether she'll be attending... that, and whether she'll be willing to scry on the past battle for us before or after."

The hedge wizard nodded at that and looked at his two guests.
"Very well, if one of you talk with Lady Crexia and I will talk with Mrs Knox and try to find out how to deal with werebears, and perhaps Mr Roth Hicks should get in touch with his contact and see if there are some way to keep Nocolai occupied or better yet get him to turn that familiar over to us and we can reconvene when we have those details pinned down...unless there is something else we should discuss first."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:28 pm

"Hum...well if the little monster is still occupied that works well for me, perhaps you could ask your contact about that and if he is still kept busy then at least he is out of the way, though I would like to have my hands on Abigail's familiar, I will settle for the vampire not getting involved."

"That was the plan, anyway. Yes, if you wish I will do that."

Colin frowned, "I'm fairly sure I haven't spoken with Erichtho again after we parted ways in Gary... I think it was mr. Silverberg who mentioned it on the phone, with your contact in the room. Not certain how useful that's going to prove, in and of itself..."

"Ah, that's right. Well...it seems they know one another, so perhaps it had an effect."

He shrugged, "I doubt she would tell us how her children can be destroyed; they are, after all, what she sold her soul for in the first place... For that matter, I don't necessarily think she knows how her little darlings can be destroyed - if they don't have any specific, commonly available vulnerabilities like salt, iron or silver, she might not've bothered. Though, if we knew the name of the, er, father, then there might be a relevant bit of lore to turn to?"

"She called herself Eater of the Weak...is that not right? I assume these spirits that eat magick...or truly negate it, are a part and parcel of her bargain. I would not know if her master has any such weakness, they are not spirits that one like us would like to communicate with after all. Whomever was sent to help clean up after it though at the apartment might have some insights we don't, was it Master Ir?"

Adley looked like he just ate or smelled something particularly disgusting, even at the basic premise of that.

As for the dagger, I'm willing to trust her in that regard - one old warrior to another. I think she would want to hear I died gloriously in battle, rather than eaten by something I didn't have the means to fight back against. She is... well, I don't know that I'd quite put her up as a 'good enemy', but there is an unusual sincerity to her."

He raised an eyebrow at him. "I wouldn't say that out loud in earshot of too many people, amicus."

He frowned, "I think we might wish to consult with both Master Harris and Lady Crexia, actually - Lady Crexia might be experienced and robust enough to either disable or endure any trap the Union might have set there, but Master Harris might get by undetected, due to his, hm, more modern methods. Though I would hesitate to burden Master Harris any more without pressing need; keeping an eye on the... capture of Matty is going to be enough of a strain on him, I fear..."

"Perhaps his apprentice could help?"

"Very well, if one of you talk with Lady Crexia and I will talk with Mrs Knox and try to find out how to deal with werebears, and perhaps Mr Roth Hicks should get in touch with his contact and see if there are some way to keep Nocolai occupied or better yet get him to turn that familiar over to us and we can reconvene when we have those details pinned down...unless there is something else we should discuss first."

"Did you want one of us to follow up with Martha as well?" he asked.

// thanks for looking that up Warp, hope you feel somewhat restored after worksuck. And hope your headache is gone, Anja. Today is my birthday so I slept in but it's going to be pouring out any second with gale force winds.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:44 pm

"That was the plan, anyway. Yes, if you wish I will do that."

"I think it would be useful if you did so yes."
Joakim said and nodded.

"She called herself Eater of the Weak...is that not right? I assume these spirits that eat magick...or truly negate it, are a part and parcel of her bargain. I would not know if her master has any such weakness, they are not spirits that one like us would like to communicate with after all. Whomever was sent to help clean up after it though at the apartment might have some insights we don't, was it Master Ir?"

"Eaters of the Weak was the old name for the Nephandi, or rather it was the name for the diabolist order that helped form what is now known as the Nephandi in the early Renaissance, some of them still like to use that name for themselves, it is like the Technocracy once being the Order of Reason."
He old hedge wizard explained.
"Now as for those spirits yes indeed it was Master Ir that was sent to clean up, I guess asking him how he did it would be useful as well though I prefer to keep the man as much out of this situation as possible, considering what he is."

Adley looked like he just ate or smelled something particularly disgusting, even at the basic premise of that.

Joakim looked like he agreed with your sentiments about Jodelle's activities with foul creatures.

"Perhaps his apprentice could help?"

"If you want to pinpoint a location, be teleported or anything else to do with space, both physical and spiritual then young Mr Willis is the man to talk with Mr Roth Hicks, and other magick though, well let us just say that reaching Adep rank at age twenty with a second degree right around the corner have limited his diversity when it comes to the Arts, I am not so sure I would give him a task where he had to navigate magickal traps and as far as I know the boy do not study Time, not yet at least. The young man say he want to become an Exemplar one day...such an...unusual goal..."

"Did you want one of us to follow up with Martha as well?" he asked

"Yes that would be useful, thank you Mr Roth Hicks, any information we can get about this Labyrinth now the better."
Joakim said and nodded.

(OOC: Happy Birthday. I am sorry to hear that the weather is not cooperating on your birthday, perhaps you have made a Verbena Storm Wife angry. Razz Yes I feel better today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next