Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

4 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 24 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:41 pm

"It might be wise to try to get that name out of her though if we have to contend with her ehm...children, if you think there is a chance we can actually get that information out of Miss Jerkins."
"She called herself Eater of the Weak...is that not right? I assume these spirits that eat magick...or truly negate it, are a part and parcel of her bargain. I would not know if her master has any such weakness, they are not spirits that one like us would like to communicate with after all. Whomever was sent to help clean up after it though at the apartment might have some insights we don't, was it Master Ir?"
"Now as for those spirits yes indeed it was Master Ir that was sent to clean up, I guess asking him how he did it would be useful as well though I prefer to keep the man as much out of this situation as possible, considering what he is."
Colin frowned, "I find it quite unlikely that I could manage to coax her dark patron's name from ms. Jerkins. It's the sort of thing that would get her defenses up. Asking Master Ir for his insights will probably be the most productive course of inquiry - and I agree, we'll want to keep him out of the fray, I think... and I'd rather not be the one to ask him; his Avatar might become nervous around mine..."

"Eaters of the Weak was the old name for the Nephandi, or rather it was the name for the diabolist order that helped form what is now known as the Nephandi in the early Renaissance, some of them still like to use that name for themselves, it is like the Technocracy once being the Order of Reason."
He grimaced, "Strangely, with what Mia can do with the lost and broken, I really prefer the newer name..."

He raised an eyebrow at him. "I wouldn't say that out loud in earshot of too many people, amicus."
He shrugged, "No, I suppose you're right - I think you two should be safe, though. I'm not saying I expect she'd treat me as decently were our positions switched - in fact, had she been my captor instead, I would've been quite gruesomely tortured. But she and I... we see where the other is coming from, and there's an old part of her that is quite willing to lower her guard and respond in kind to sincere kind treatment. Had her path been a different one, we might have wound up fighting on the same side instead..."

"Perhaps his apprentice could help?"
"If you want to pinpoint a location, be teleported or anything else to do with space, both physical and spiritual then young Mr Willis is the man to talk with Mr Roth Hicks, and other magick though, well let us just say that reaching Adep rank at age twenty with a second degree right around the corner have limited his diversity when it comes to the Arts, I am not so sure I would give him a task where he had to navigate magickal traps and as far as I know the boy do not study Time, not yet at least. The young man say he want to become an Exemplar one day...such an...unusual goal..."
He nodded, "Having been on an errand with Mr. Willis, I'd say that sounds about right - very good with space, but I saw nothing to indicate he had any skill with Chronomancy, which rather is the crucial ability we'd want for this one... Well, strictly speaking we need both."

"Very well, if one of you talk with Lady Crexia and I will talk with Mrs Knox and try to find out how to deal with werebears, and perhaps Mr Roth Hicks should get in touch with his contact and see if there are some way to keep Nocolai occupied or better yet get him to turn that familiar over to us and we can reconvene when we have those details pinned down...unless there is something else we should discuss first."
He nodded, "Adley, if I speak with Lady Crexia, should I ask if she's expecting anything in the mail?"

((OOC: Happy birthday, Adley! Was out celebrating my schnookums yesterday; I think I'm either getting old, or the music was a bit too loud, 'cause it feels like I've strained my voice and hearing a bit too much. Honestly, probably the music...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16 - Page 24 Empty Re: Abigails Labyrinth, More Avatar Shenanigans and Final Plans IC Thread 16

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:20 pm

Colin frowned, "I find it quite unlikely that I could manage to coax her dark patron's name from ms. Jerkins. It's the sort of thing that would get her defenses up.

"I guess you are right about that Mr Wainwright, if you think there is no chance of getting the woman to give us that information then it is probably better to not try just in case we need you in her good graces at some other point in time, not that I think that will be the case but the way this evening have been going you never know."
Joakim said and sigh.

Asking Master Ir for his insights will probably be the most productive course of inquiry - and I agree, we'll want to keep him out of the fray, I think... and I'd rather not be the one to ask him; his Avatar might become nervous around mine..."

"Ah yes...no we would not want that particular Avatar upset, I quite enjoy having an Chantry to live in if you catch my drift. Since your Cabalmate here had two phone calls to make I will go and ask for Master Ir's assistance once I have spoken with Lady Crexia."

He grimaced, "Strangely, with what Mia can do with the lost and broken, I really prefer the newer name..."

"Well the Fallen always had a flair for the dramatic. Nephandi translates into the maleficent ones, well something like that it do not have a proper direct translation into English. I do see your point though young man."
Joakim said with a wry smile.
"In a disturbing kind of way."

and there's an old part of her that is quite willing to lower her guard and respond in kind to sincere kind treatment. Had her path been a different one, we might have wound up fighting on the same side instead..."

"That is the horror of the Nephandi, they take those that might have been...that are good people and twist them into something dark, a mockery of their former self and if their Cauls decide to be cruel they leave just a hint of what that person once was as a cruel joke to torment those that later have to deal with them."
He hedge wizard muttered darkly.

He nodded, "Having been on an errand with Mr. Willis, I'd say that sounds about right - very good with space, but I saw nothing to indicate he had any skill with Chronomancy, which rather is the crucial ability we'd want for this one... Well, strictly speaking we need both."

"Mr Willis is a talented young mage but he do like to focus his effort onto one area of magick. I will discuss the matter with Lady Crexia, I do think she is our best bet to get any insight into what happened at the Post Office."

He nodded, "Adley, if I speak with Lady Crexia, should I ask if she's expecting anything in the mail?"

"Ah you wanted to discuss things with the good lady? Very well then I will handle Master Ir then and ask how he got rid of Miss Jerkins ehm...children...you know even saying that just do not feel right."
He muttered sourly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:04 pm

"I guess you are right about that Mr Wainwright, if you think there is no chance of getting the woman to give us that information then it is probably better to not try just in case we need you in her good graces at some other point in time, not that I think that will be the case but the way this evening have been going you never know."
Colin shrugged, "I don't know that there's no chance - but I don't think we could get that information out of her in a timely manner. Not before we have to assault the Labyrinth, at least."

"Well the Fallen always had a flair for the dramatic. Nephandi translates into the maleficent ones, well something like that it do not have a proper direct translation into English. I do see your point though young man."
Joakim said with a wry smile.
"In a disturbing kind of way."
He grimaced, "Yes, well, I'm not planning on fighting them for the name, however more accurate it would be for me to adopt it than for them... Too much baggage, so to speak..."

"That is the horror of the Nephandi, they take those that might have been...that are good people and twist them into something dark, a mockery of their former self and if their Cauls decide to be cruel they leave just a hint of what that person once was as a cruel joke to torment those that later have to deal with them."
He nodded, "Under most circumstances, I'd likely list miss Jerkins as one of the most dangerous known Fallen; she's got a personal integrity and drive that could render her nearly unstoppable. If not for our good doctor Lee's rather unexpected enthusiastic outburst, she might have gone on to be a far greater threat..."

"Mr Willis is a talented young mage but he do like to focus his effort onto one area of magick. I will discuss the matter with Lady Crexia, I do think she is our best bet to get any insight into what happened at the Post Office."
"Ah you wanted to discuss things with the good lady? Very well then I will handle Master Ir then and ask how he got rid of Miss Jerkins ehm...children...you know even saying that just do not feel right."
He nodded, "There's another matter I might want to ask Lady Crexia about, as well, though that's a more... personal matter, and must be dealt with delicately in any case... As for miss Jerkins' little hellspawn, any trick he's found to work will help, I suppose."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Colin shrugged, "I don't know that there's no chance - but I don't think we could get that information out of her in a timely manner. Not before we have to assault the Labyrinth, at least."

"Hum...it is probably best to use the time in other areas then, areas more likely to garner us results."
Joakim said and nodded.

He grimaced, "Yes, well, I'm not planning on fighting them for the name, however more accurate it would be for me to adopt it than for them... Too much baggage, so to speak..."

"Well please do not adopt such a name Mr Wainwright I fear the ensuing misunderstandings could prove to be quite fatal."
The old hedge wizard said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Under most circumstances, I'd likely list miss Jerkins as one of the most dangerous known Fallen; she's got a personal integrity and drive that could render her nearly unstoppable. If not for our good doctor Lee's rather unexpected enthusiastic outburst, she might have gone on to be a far greater threat..."

"You may be right, I do not know the woman like you do Mr Wainwright but from what you say she at least sound rather competent and that in itself can be quite dangerous. Well we are fortunate then that your Cabalmate leaped into action and took Miss Jerkins down, we would not want her to worry about as well when attacking the Labyrinth."
Joakim said and sigh.

He nodded, "There's another matter I might want to ask Lady Crexia about, as well, though that's a more... personal matter, and must be dealt with delicately in any case... As for miss Jerkins' little hellspawn, any trick he's found to work will help, I suppose."

"Very well, I will not inquire into your person affairs Mr Wainwright. If you go and speak with Lady Crexia and ask her to try to find out what happened at the post office you are off course free to speak with her about any other topic as well providing she have the time and wish to discuss it with you, just try to be as quick as you can please."
He said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:20 pm

"Eaters of the Weak was the old name for the Nephandi, or rather it was the name for the diabolist order that helped form what is now known as the Nephandi in the early Renaissance, some of them still like to use that name for themselves, it is like the Technocracy once being the Order of Reason." He old hedge wizard explained.

"There we are then."

"Now as for those spirits yes indeed it was Master Ir that was sent to clean up, I guess asking him how he did it would be useful as well though I prefer to keep the man as much out of this situation as possible, considering what he is."

"True but if anyone would have some insights on how to get rid of them..."

He shrugged, "No, I suppose you're right - I think you two should be safe, though. I'm not saying I expect she'd treat me as decently were our positions switched - in fact, had she been my captor instead, I would've been quite gruesomely tortured. But she and I... we see where the other is coming from, and there's an old part of her that is quite willing to lower her guard and respond in kind to sincere kind treatment. Had her path been a different one, we might have wound up fighting on the same side instead..."

"If her path had been a different one, then we still might have been fighting her...though I do wish she had not chosen the Nephandi's path, certainly." He looked at the Chief as he spoke and then frowned to himself.

"If you want to pinpoint a location, be teleported or anything else to do with space, both physical and spiritual then young Mr Willis is the man to talk with Mr Roth Hicks, and other magick though, well let us just say that reaching Adep rank at age twenty with a second degree right around the corner have limited his diversity when it comes to the Arts, I am not so sure I would give him a task where he had to navigate magickal traps and as far as I know the boy do not study Time, not yet at least. The young man say he want to become an Exemplar one day...such an...unusual goal..."

"I see, very well."

"Yes that would be useful, thank you Mr Roth Hicks, any information we can get about this Labyrinth now the better."
Joakim said and nodded.

"Very well, though it brings up a slight question of security. Since I now know that a normal circle isn't going to work to keep my voice down and I can't make calls with the scrambler rote up...the candle spell would alert me to anyone overhearing me though...Colin did you still have it?"

"Ah...hrm...it wasn't her mail but she is the one that would know of the research facility..."

// thank you! Happy birthday to your snookums, Warp ^_^

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:40 pm

"There we are then."

Joakim nodded at that.

"True but if anyone would have some insights on how to get rid of them..."

"Yes that is what I am hoping Master Ir might be able to help us with, to find a way to get rid of those spirits or at least neutralize them."
Joakim said.
"If anyone know it would be Master Ir."

"If her path had been a different one, then we still might have been fighting her...though I do wish she had not chosen the Nephandi's path, certainly." He looked at the Chief as he spoke and then frowned to himself.

"I wish Miss Jerkins had chosen a different path as well, but she have chosen as she have and now at least she is one less problem for us to deal with."
The Security Chief said and sigh.

"Very well, though it brings up a slight question of security. Since I now know that a normal circle isn't going to work to keep my voice down and I can't make calls with the scrambler rote up...the candle spell would alert me to anyone overhearing me though...Colin did you still have it?"

"Perhaps Dynamic magick will work better than my linear spells Mr Roth Hicks."
Joakim said and sigh.
"Well the candle my student made should at least alert you to anyone listening in to the conversation."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:57 pm

"Well please do not adopt such a name Mr Wainwright I fear the ensuing misunderstandings could prove to be quite fatal."
Colin nodded, "As I said, too much baggage."

He smiled thinly, "Very true... regrets over what might have been is futile, though."

"Perhaps Dynamic magick will work better than my linear spells Mr Roth Hicks."
Joakim said and sigh.
"Well the candle my student made should at least alert you to anyone listening in to the conversation."
He frowned and rummaged through his pockets, "Do I? I thought I'd handed it back to you earlier... and as a hypothesis - Adley's remarkable vocal ability is a magical malady rather than a matter of sound, so perhaps a sound barrier, Dynamic or Linear, just doesn't block the relevant aspect? I do wonder if your voice would carry as greatly if you wore a pair of restraining handcuffs?"

"Ah...hrm...it wasn't her mail but she is the one that would know of the research facility..."
"Quite right, quite right... did you note down the recipient of the package, though?"

"Very well, I will not inquire into your person affairs Mr Wainwright. If you go and speak with Lady Crexia and ask her to try to find out what happened at the post office you are off course free to speak with her about any other topic as well providing she have the time and wish to discuss it with you, just try to be as quick as you can please."
He nodded, "The personal matter would be a query that might take some time to answer. Or more accurately, it would take some time to obtain the answers. Not a matter I expect I would pursue to its conclusion tonight..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:39 am

He smiled thinly, "Very true... regrets over what might have been is futile, though."

"True enough and we don't have time for futility..."

"Perhaps Dynamic magick will work better than my linear spells Mr Roth Hicks." Joakim said and sigh. "Well the candle my student made should at least alert you to anyone listening in to the conversation."
He frowned and rummaged through his pockets, "Do I? I thought I'd handed it back to you earlier... and as a hypothesis - Adley's remarkable vocal ability is a magical malady rather than a matter of sound, so perhaps a sound barrier, Dynamic or Linear, just doesn't block the relevant aspect? I do wonder if your voice would carry as greatly if you wore a pair of restraining handcuffs?"

"Did you? You might have done," he said and began a similar search to turn up the candle. Then as he continued to speak his expression soured. "I don't have a 'malady', there's nothing wrong with me, it's the just the way we are." He considered the rest of what he said with a slight scowl. "Well, in Jenkin's holding and interrogation room with the magickal protections on it, I sound like I have a cold. I suppose there is really only one way for us to find out, not that I want to have such on me while having a private phone call, it would leave me vulnerable."

"Quite right, quite right... did you note down the recipient of the package, though?"

"Yes; though I'm not sure name dropping would do more harm than good. She might start asking why you're asking. But yes, I did note whom as well as to where."

He nodded, "The personal matter would be a query that might take some time to answer. Or more accurately, it would take some time to obtain the answers. Not a matter I expect I would pursue to its conclusion tonight..."

He wasn't sure what Colin was talking about and though he was somewhat curious it was not his business, or he would have been told. He just hoped it wasn't more trouble.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:04 am

Colin nodded, "As I said, too much baggage."

"Indeed so..."
Joakim said and gave you a bit of a look.

"Hum...well something that dampens magick is more likely to dampen the sound of Mr Roth Hicks' voice than something that only affect sound, and such rotes have been shown to at times affect Resonance."
Joakim said and nodded.
"If a situation comes up where he absolutely have to be able to whisper it is worth a try though I doubt he would enjoy making himself helpless. You may borrow a set of them but I do recommend trying something like that out where it is safe."
He said then he smiled to Adley.
"And no it is not a malady Mr Roth Hicks...but at times it can be impractical."

"Very well..."
Was all Joakim said to that.

"Did you? You might have done," he said and began a similar search to turn up the candle.

You did find the candle neatly wrapped up in it's cloth in your own pocket.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:12 am

(( no no, just been busy since my birthday was so close to new year so... I'm only nos comming back in track))

There aren't many details: a girl from the celestial chorus named Cadence was offered the chance to go through the Cauls to save her mentor from gilgul, and she did, but she never truly surrendered because she didn't want to give up her avatar to corrupción and i think she's the victim, so gilgul would be unfair viven how close we are to finding some kind of treatment for it. In a couple of months, maybe a year from now, if the thing goles well with Miss Florentine then maybe she can be cleansed, or onE of the many methods i've mentioned could work. If we ser this precedent we could Take back nephandis and some of our people and that'd be a huge setback for nephandi's plans.
Perseverance could give us hope
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:40 am

There aren't many details: a girl from the celestial chorus named Cadence was offered the chance to go through the Cauls to save her mentor from gilgul, and she did, but she never truly surrendered because she didn't want to give up her avatar to corrupción and i think she's the victim, so gilgul would be unfair viven how close we are to finding some kind of treatment for it.

"I know Miss Getwater and also know her Mentor, but the old lady is safe is she not did the Nephandi threaten her in any way?"
George asked looking a bit confused.
"Well it would not be the first time they did something like that. I can have a talk with the prisoner but the laws are the laws, and until a method to clean Fallen souls are found Mr Karyak I do not see them changing and since no such method have ever been found before I doubt you will be able to get many to believe that one is right around the corner either."
The old Guernicus said and sigh.

In a couple of months, maybe a year from now, if the thing goles well with Miss Florentine then maybe she can be cleansed, or onE of the many methods i've mentioned could work. If we ser this precedent we could Take back nephandis and some of our people and that'd be a huge setback for nephandi's plans.
Perseverance could give us hope

"It would be a boon for us and a huge set back for the Nephandi if such a method was found young man, but there is allot of if in there and ifs are not something a Tribunal are likely to listen very much to. You might be able to delay things with a good advocate if you try to jump through every legal hoop but even that will not give you very long."

(OOC: No problem and happy birthday.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:30 am

"I don't have a 'malady', there's nothing wrong with me, it's the just the way we are." He considered the rest of what he said with a slight scowl. "Well, in Jenkin's holding and interrogation room with the magickal protections on it, I sound like I have a cold. I suppose there is really only one way for us to find out, not that I want to have such on me while having a private phone call, it would leave me vulnerable."
"Hum...well something that dampens magick is more likely to dampen the sound of Mr Roth Hicks' voice than something that only affect sound, and such rotes have been shown to at times affect Resonance."
Joakim said and nodded.
"If a situation comes up where he absolutely have to be able to whisper it is worth a try though I doubt he would enjoy making himself helpless. You may borrow a set of them but I do recommend trying something like that out where it is safe."
He said then he smiled to Adley.
"And no it is not a malady Mr Roth Hicks...but at times it can be impractical."
Colin shook his head, "Sorry, malady was the wrong word - your voice is, however, quite clearly a magical property, rather than one of pure sound. And while it's impractical for stealth, it does have its uses in passing on information in a silence field, like in the storm drain."

"Yes; though I'm not sure name dropping would do more harm than good. She might start asking why you're asking. But yes, I did note whom as well as to where."
He nodded, "Asking her about the receiving Chantry's reputation might do for now."

As Adley found the candle, Colin stopped searching, "Ah, good..."

((OOC: Happy birthday, Tane! Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:49 am

Colin shook his head, "Sorry, malady was the wrong word - your voice is, however, quite clearly a magical property, rather than one of pure sound. And while it's impractical for stealth, it does have its uses in passing on information in a silence field, like in the storm drain."

"Hum...Miss Willis say that she have had some success in relieving the effects of supernatural weaknesses, not that I am calling your Cabalmate's voice a weakness, but it is a magickal quality of his being, of Miss Jarden, though not for very long at the time."
Joakim commented.
"She used in effect counter magick to do so."

Once the enchanted candle had been found Joakim slowly stood.
"Well then gentlemen we should probably attend to our tasks and then return here as soon as possible, hopefully with some more information."

(OOC: I would like Adley to say hello to a Mord-Sith from the Sword of Truth fantasy series, just saying hello should be enough. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:27 pm

"Hum...well something that dampens magick is more likely to dampen the sound of Mr Roth Hicks' voice than something that only affect sound, and such rotes have been shown to at times affect Resonance." Joakim said and nodded. "If a situation comes up where he absolutely have to be able to whisper it is worth a try though I doubt he would enjoy making himself helpless. You may borrow a set of them but I do recommend trying something like that out where it is safe."

He said then he smiled to Adley. "And no it is not a malady Mr Roth Hicks...but at times it can be impractical."

"Perhaps, yes at times it is...but it is part of the way my magick manifests."

"Magickal property, yes that it is. It might indeed not be limited strictly to sound. Sound is after all just one of the many vibrations that exist and I have been doing a lot of magick."

"Hum...Miss Willis say that she have had some success in relieving the effects of supernatural weaknesses, not that I am calling your Cabalmate's voice a weakness, but it is a magickal quality of his being, of Miss Jarden, though not for very long at the time."
Joakim commented. "She used in effect counter magick to do so."

"I will keep that in mind if I get the time to speak with her about it."

He nodded, "Asking her about the receiving Chantry's reputation might do for now."

"A research facility in Spain, specifically Chantry Argentum Illustratio in the city of Fortaleza in Brazil. It was sent from one Master of Life on Horizon to two others there...perhaps it had something to do with a lineage trace, as we've been told some Verbena can do that. Or perhaps it was to protect it, who knows at this point. If you think you need to know whom I can tell you though the more you know the more dangerous it becomes. " Who knew why the Seat of Life, Lady Quey sent Heylel's hair to another pair of Life Masters, Vidal and Russo. All they had were speculations, rumors and concerns and no time to follow them up.

You did find the candle neatly wrapped up in it's cloth in your own pocket.

He gave a big grin as he found it. "Aha! You were right, I should have checked my own pockets first. Well, I suppose staying in here would be ineffectual to our purpose but we can meet back when we've done, if that works for you sir."

// Happy birthday Tane-p!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:49 pm

"Perhaps, yes at times it is...but it is part of the way my magick manifests."

"I did not mean any offense Mr Roth Hicks, and yes magic do come with it's peculiarities, that is true for all of us and I am sure at times yours can also be a boon."
Joakim said kindly.

"I will keep that in mind if I get the time to speak with her about it."

The old hedge wizard nodded at that.
"It might be useful at some point to find a way to dampen the sound of your voice or whatever other vibrations are heard or felt as a side effect of your magick."
He said then he smiled.
"Back in the day we would call it the wizard's sigil, different from your physical sigil but rather a flavor of you will of your magick. I remember one maga at my first covenant where you would smell roses when she worked magick, and one magus where water would behave strange around when he used his powers...your voice is very much the same."

He gave a big grin as he found it. "Aha! You were right, I should have checked my own pockets first. Well, I suppose staying in here would be ineffectual to our purpose but we can meet back when we've done, if that works for you sir."

"That do work for me, I should not be to long with my tasks. I will see you later then gentlemen."
Joakim said he waited to see if any of the two other mages had anything else to say before he led them out of his office, closed the door and then headed of to find Master Ir."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:05 am

"A research facility in Spain, specifically Chantry Argentum Illustratio in the city of Fortaleza in Brazil. It was sent from one Master of Life on Horizon to two others there...perhaps it had something to do with a lineage trace, as we've been told some Verbena can do that. Or perhaps it was to protect it, who knows at this point. If you think you need to know whom I can tell you though the more you know the more dangerous it becomes. " Who knew why the Seat of Life, Lady Quey sent Heylel's hair to another pair of Life Masters, Vidal and Russo. All they had were speculations, rumors and concerns and no time to follow them up.
Colin nodded, "Argentum Illustratio in Fortaleza, Brazil... I think asking Lady Crexia about the place's reputation will do for now... Or is that her Chantry?" He asked Joakim.
"In any case, I think it's safer to ask about the repute of the entire Chantry rather than named individuals - I am, after all, curious about a great many aspects of magic, and might be keen on knowing which subjects they study there."

He shrugged, "Well, the scrambler won't last forever... I didn't put much effort behind it, so it should hold for perhaps... oh, another half an hour, maybe 45 minutes, I think? I think Chief Morgan is really going to like that little trick..."

"That do work for me, I should not be to long with my tasks. I will see you later then gentlemen."
Joakim said he waited to see if any of the two other mages had anything else to say before he led them out of his office, closed the door and then headed of to find Master Ir.
He nodded and filed out after Joakim, "Very good. Where might Lady Crexia be right now, you think? Possibly the dining hall?"

((OOC: A Mord-Sith who decided to target Adley might find that a dangerous pursuit - Colin just might show up and love her to bits, quite literally. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:55 am

Colin nodded, "Argentum Illustratio in Fortaleza, Brazil... I think asking Lady Crexia about the place's reputation will do for now... Or is that her Chantry?" He asked Joakim.

"it is not Lady Crexia's Chantry hers is placed between Brazil and Argentina right in the middle of a convergence of waterfalls there, it is quite beautiful. Hers is named Escudo Das Bordas Que Fluem or just Iguazú after the waterfalls there."
Joakim explained.
"The good Lady will wonder why you are asking about a given Chantry's reputation though."

"In any case, I think it's safer to ask about the repute of the entire Chantry rather than named individuals - I am, after all, curious about a great many aspects of magic, and might be keen on knowing which subjects they study there."

"It might work but Lady Crexia might also wonder why you are interested in that particular Chantry, how you heard about it and quite a few other valid questions that you are going to be prepared to answer."

He shrugged, "Well, the scrambler won't last forever... I didn't put much effort behind it, so it should hold for perhaps... oh, another half an hour, maybe 45 minutes, I think? I think Chief Morgan is really going to like that little trick..."

"Ah yes I imagine that Master Morgan will indeed like that."
Joakim said with a grin.
"You can just leave the rote on my office up until it fades on itself own I think as long as it is not longer than that, I usually carry my phone with me so it should not be to much of a hindrance."

He nodded and filed out after Joakim, "Very good. Where might Lady Crexia be right now, you think? Possibly the dining hall?"

"You can try the dining hall if she is part of the strike team going after Matty, other than that you can try her chambers, they are in the corridor to the right on the first floor, number 121."

(OOC: I am not so sure it works that way unless Colin is a Confessor now and if he was then that would be a bit of a problem. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:14 am

"Back in the day we would call it the wizard's sigil, different from your physical sigil but rather a flavor of you will of your magick. I remember one maga at my first covenant where you would smell roses when she worked magick, and one magus where water would behave strange around when he used his powers...your voice is very much the same."

"Hmm...interesting, yes it does seem more similar than say, having an issue with salt." He seemed less irritated about it and more curious, though he was mostly thinking about how such a thing could be minded.

Colin nodded, "Argentum Illustratio in Fortaleza, Brazil... I think asking Lady Crexia about the place's reputation will do for now... Or is that her Chantry?" He asked Joakim. "In any case, I think it's safer to ask about the repute of the entire Chantry rather than named individuals - I am, after all, curious about a great many aspects of magic, and might be keen on knowing which subjects they study there."
"It might work but Lady Crexia might also wonder why you are interested in that particular Chantry, how you heard about it and quite a few other valid questions that you are going to be prepared to answer."

"Just be careful, I don't want to have to answer questions about it. And anyway, I don't have any answers I can readily give...perhaps this isn't the time to pursue that, I don't want to make a mess that we have no time to clean up."

"I was just wondering where I should take my phone call," he said. "Yes, I'm sure my pater will be very interested in it, in fact."

Joakim said he waited

// I've never read WoTime, but from what the Wikia showed me, <sarcasm> the Mord Sith seem like nice people! Women that Adley would really like to meet < / sarcasm> Colin could make a perfectly good Confessor, people like to talk to him and tell them all their sins problems

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:39 am

"Hmm...interesting, yes it does seem more similar than say, having an issue with salt." He seemed less irritated about it and more curious, though he was mostly thinking about how such a thing could be minded.

"Well those kind of Echos they say are a manifestation about people's belief about mages, some believe we can not be around salt, some that hammering nails into our footprints will hurt us or that we never shed tears, then you have what you seam to have which is an manifestation of your magick, a symbol if you like of your magick or how it is performed."
Joakim said and nodded.

"I was just wondering where I should take my phone call," he said. "Yes, I'm sure my pater will be very interested in it, in fact."

"Hum...one of the ritual rooms in the basement should be private enough I think."
The Security Chief said.

(OOC: Well it is Sword of Truth not WoT but yes Mord-Sith are not the nicest people around. The problem with Confessors is that they come with the Presence 8 power Love already installed and once it is used it never fades. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:39 am

"Just be careful, I don't want to have to answer questions about it. And anyway, I don't have any answers I can readily give...perhaps this isn't the time to pursue that, I don't want to make a mess that we have no time to clean up."
Colin nodded, "Point taken - I'll not bring it up, then. At least, not now."

"Ah yes I imagine that Master Morgan will indeed like that."
He smiled, "He certainly seemed intrigued by the description when I mentioned it to him in the first place."

"You can try the dining hall if she is part of the strike team going after Matty, other than that you can try her chambers, they are in the corridor to the right on the first floor, number 121."
"Thank you, I'll check the dining hall first, then."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:30 am

He smiled, "He certainly seemed intrigued by the description when I mentioned it to him in the first place."

"Well it is an interesting rote young man, you do seam to be quite inventive."
Joakim said with an acknowledging nod.
"Perhaps because you are not working under the dogma of an established Tradition."
He continued.

"Thank you, I'll check the dining hall first, then."

"That might be a good choice yes, she also have a phone number."
Joakim said and fished up his own phone and sent you a message containing the ancient lich's number.
"And she have the office right next to Deaconess Rose's where she conduct her official business."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:38 pm

"Well those kind of Echos they say are a manifestation about people's belief about mages, some believe we can not be around salt, some that hammering nails into our footprints will hurt us or that we never shed tears, then you have what you seam to have which is an manifestation of your magick, a symbol if you like of your magick or how it is performed."

"Never shed tears...that's one I've not heard. I can say that's not true."

"Hum...one of the ritual rooms in the basement should be private enough I think."The Security Chief said.

"Yes, it should be."

Colin nodded, "Point taken - I'll not bring it up, then. At least, not now."

"Very well, amicus. I'll see you soon." He stood up and gave him a nod and then also to the Chief. "Sir," he said, before heading off to take care of business.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:10 pm

"Well it is an interesting rote young man, you do seam to be quite inventive."
Joakim said with an acknowledging nod.
"Perhaps because you are not working under the dogma of an established Tradition."
Colin smiled wryly, "Perhaps that, or perhaps it's just a matter of being the one who's lucky enough to stumble upon the trick. Historically, great discoveries are more often preceded by 'Huh, that's odd' than 'Eureka', after all. Still, I'll have to keep working with what I have and see if I manage to work out more novel applications."

"Very well, amicus. I'll see you soon." He stood up and gave him a nod and then also to the Chief. "Sir," he said, before heading off to take care of business.
He nodded, "Meet up here in a little while, then?"

"That might be a good choice yes, she also have a phone number."
Joakim said and fished up his own phone and sent you a message containing the ancient lich's number.
"And she have the office right next to Deaconess Rose's where she conduct her official business."
"Thank you - I'm sure I can find her, then."
He gave Joakim a swift bow, and strolled to the dining hall, poking his head in, "Ah, pardon me, is the good Lady Crexia here?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:33 pm

Adley:

"Never shed tears...that's one I've not heard. I can say that's not true."

"It was a favorite during the time of the Inquisition and the Renaissance witch hunts, it was believed that a witch could not shed tears but off course if the poor tortured prisoners, that usually was not magic users did happen to cry it was claimed the Devil gave them tears for but a moment to confuse the courts, damned if you do, damned if you don't...not fond times to remember."
Joakim said and frowned.

"Yes, it should be."

"The large one that also serve as a sparring arena in the middle of the hallway are occupied the other ritual rooms are empty at the moment as far as I know, or in either case finding an empty one should not be a problem."

Joakim gave you a nod as you left. You get down to the basement, you see Rosemary patrolling the hallways the young Verbena gave you a polite smile and muttered.
"Good morning."
As she passed you, other than that you saw no one. Just like Joakim had said all but the largest of the ritual rooms had their doors open and was empty, only the large room where Hayden and his apprentice had trained with Ignem earlier was occupied.

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "Perhaps that, or perhaps it's just a matter of being the one who's lucky enough to stumble upon the trick. Historically, great discoveries are more often preceded by 'Huh, that's odd' than 'Eureka', after all. Still, I'll have to keep working with what I have and see if I manage to work out more novel applications."

"Perhaps it is luck young man, but do not sell yourself short, in either case need is the mother of invention. I do hope you will keep developing your spells though Mr Wainwright, you might just stumble upon something truly revolutionary one day."
The old Hermetic said and smiled.

"Thank you - I'm sure I can find her, then."

Joakim nodded at that.

He gave Joakim a swift bow, and strolled to the dining hall, poking his head in, "Ah, pardon me, is the good Lady Crexia here?"

The old hedge wizard gave you another nod as you left. You walk to the dining hall, there was two things that was apparent in the large chamber, one was that there where few other places than an airport or a Chantry where you could hear that many languages spoken at once as the gathered strike team sat discussing with one another in small groups the other was that the mood in the room was rather somber. A few of the gathered magi looked at you when you came in. You saw Crexia sitting together with a large black man finely dressed in red and wearing the scales of office as a Quesitor as a gold pin on his suit. The Tytalus lady put her cup of tea down when you asked about her.
"Hic sum,"
She muttered then she spoke up and said in English.
"What can I do for you Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:38 pm

"It was a favorite during the time of the Inquisition and the Renaissance witch hunts, it was believed that a witch could not shed tears but off course if the poor tortured prisoners, that usually was not magic users did happen to cry it was claimed the Devil gave them tears for but a moment to confuse the courts, damned if you do, damned if you don't...not fond times to remember."
Colin frowned, "The Inquisition fell far from its early ideals..."

"Perhaps it is luck young man, but do not sell yourself short, in either case need is the mother of invention. I do hope you will keep developing your spells though Mr Wainwright, you might just stumble upon something truly revolutionary one day."
He grinned, "A means to directly utilize Tass without processing it through one's Avatar seems quite revolutionary already, but it's not an excuse to rest on one's laurels."

You saw Crexia sitting together with a large black man finely dressed in red and wearing the scales of office as a Quesitor as a gold pin on his suit. The Tytalus lady put her cup of tea down when you asked about her.
"Hic sum,"
She muttered then she spoke up and said in English.
"What can I do for you Mr Wainwright?"
Colin approached and bowed to the two, "Pardon me for interrupting your conversation, but we might need a little help in planning the next operation. Lady Crexia, I am given to understand you are skilled at scrying across both distance and time? We need some information from the aftermath of the incident at the Mercere Chantry in Gary only a few hours past; it... might be hazardous, as we suspect the Technocracy may have left an unpleasant surprise there for any Traditionalists or Fallen who might be interested in the site."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next