Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

4 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 10 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Adley Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:32 pm

The progress was slower and not as raw, not generating the heady spinning, fiery feeling this time. It was a steady progression, climbing, the two opposites to reveal the middle path. And his avatar...sublime perfection, with purpose. Inscriptions from the wand, directing the energy, making the mundane material imbued with energy to transform them into spiritual weapons. The work would continue until it was done.

// no worries, just clarifying. And it can be like last time, if you want. Or not, just let me know what you want me to roll like I said : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 10 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Helen continued inscribing the flyswatters as the working progressed, she never hurried, being careful with each rune she inscribed, the markings of her pen became the energy the other Hermetics generated, it became an extension of your will, of your collective will. Finally the inscriptions was done and Crexia brought the ritual to a close, the archmaga showed now sings of even being tired but the other ritualists seamed like they needed a moment to ground themselves.

As the ritual ended you felt your Avatar draw back into the dept of your soul...or perhaps you drew back into her...perhaps she was you, a higher form, a more complete manifestation, in either case the magickal work had lifted her spirit though the anger and sorry was still there, as a burning ember inside of your being.
"The flyswatters are done."
Helen announced she sounded like she needed a moment to gather herself after the intense work.
"Well then, we should all probably get to the dining room and eat something."
Crexia announced to the room filled with magi who was still buzzing.
"It will help ground our energies and bring our minds back to the mundane, we can also decide who gets the weapons and the beads up there."

(OOC: Well then I will assume they pull things off nicely, one thing was if they where tying to pull down the wards of an enemy or something of the sort but these where all rather simple rotes done by a bunch of magi, several of the Masters of the Arts and some even Archmagi so I do not think we need to roll. I just wanted to check with you first though so I did not go against what you thought was best.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:56 pm

He felt better...good, great in fact. Though that was a happy after-effect, it felt good to be doing something together. He felt a sort of fuzzy-ness, lines were not as clear as they had been. Everything vibrated, a persistent humming...his avatar was less burdened, more buoyant, from working together. That was good. As before, the archmaga's voice and Helen brought him back around to the present. He took a deep breath and counted, then released it and then another, doing the same grounding that he had before. Like counting backwards back to Malkuth, feet firmly on the ground. He looked over at Helen and her work and gave her a smile after she announced they were finished.

"I'm hungry," he said in response to Crexia mentioning food. Even though he hadn't been, he was now. For something...hungry for something. But his mind was devoid of exactly what, having just been subjected to so much reality. Then he added after a second of his spontaneous outburst, "ma'am."

// all good : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:25 pm

The electric fly swatters where now covered in runes, elegantly drawn, from four different alphabets, placed into complex patterns.
"Given the time I could have constructed something better, however with all that juice put into these they will give one hell of a kick."
The Verditius said as she handed the flyswatters to Crexia as Jacob reached down a hand to help her to her feet.

Crexia gave a little chuckle at your outburst.
"I think we all could need something to bring us back to this manifested reality Sodalis."
She said then she took a deep breath and entered into the finishing gestures and words to close down the working and showing respect to the powers invoked and the magi's own higher selves before she led the group up the stairs.

You got to the dining room and it was now quite crowded, you see one of the hedge wizards you had spoken to earlier lead what had to be the group of young Hermetic apprentices you had heard earlier out of the room, their hands full of food and from the muttered conversations it was clear this was where the strike team for the Labyrinth was meeting up, which would explain why it was no place for young apprentices, some of them hardly in their teens yet.

Mirri appeared out of the kitchen carrying a large pot filled with oatmeal from the smell of it.
"I had a feeling you would all be done by now and would need a hot meal...there is also coffee and tea at that table over there."
She said and nodded at one of the tables which seamed to have been set aside for Crexia and her ritualists.
"Thank you Mirri."
The archmaga said and lead the group towards the table making sure all of the still buzzed magi found a seat, a bowl of porridge and a glass of juice before she sat down herself, she was quire motherly in a way, though also very practical, the group needed to get grounded and she made sure the ritualists she had led got what they needed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:23 pm

"I did not think such a thing was even possible Mr Wainwright, but if a way to cleanse an Avatar could be found then nothing would be better, nor more of a kick to the face of the Nephandi, and while those who have sold themselves to the Nephandi might deserve their punishment, those widderslainte kids do not so if they can be saved it would be wonderful."
Samantha said as she lead the way into her small room.
Colin nodded, "Indeed, it does sound impossible, but then, we are Mages... It's been done, once... It can be done again. And again. It does seem, however, to require such intent by the Mage in question..."

Samantha nodded at that.
"A combat pilot then Sir? That is quite interesting."
He grimaced, "A little too interesting on at least one occasion... But yes, there's nothing like the feeling of freedom when you look past the controls and out of the cockpit to see the world below and sky stretching ever on... Even magic has little to match that. I've kept my licenses and permits up to date; I could return to active duty if I so wished it, with a simple evaluation. I don't quite have the time for it, though."

"The ships where never constructed I am afraid, they where intended to be pen, near and mid Umbra fighters, intended to defend realms, not as powerful as Horizon's zeppelins, but far more maneuverable. While I can not present you with the ships I would be happy to make a copy of my father's plans and send you if you wish."
The young technomancer offered.
He nodded, "I can't make use of those plans, myself... but Horizon will need light attack craft like you describe for the defense against the Fallen; there are... practical reasons why such maneuverability will be a great asset, a bit too complicated to get into right now. Nevertheless, I would suggest the plans be made available to the Admiral, if they haven't already."

"I see interesting, and wood inlays always end up pretty."
She said and nodded.
"I can not make Primium either, my father could though and he experimented with the formula to make conducting wires of refined, near Primium grade silver which could be enchanted."
She said and pulled the net of fine threads of her left hand to show you, her hand going completely limp as she did so. The fine threads did look like highly polished silver but on the underside you saw embedded micro circuitry.
"My father's work."
Samantha said proudly.
He arched an eyebrow, "A near-Primium refinement, you say? Interesting... Not to seem rude, but owing to the way your hand seems... out of sorts, would it be accurate to presume this wiring is a manner of bionic augmentation? To compensate for nerve damage, perhaps? It's beautiful, though..."

The Etherinte gave a slight grin then it faded and she sigh.
"Yes I heard rumors of a captured Nephandi child, that is just tragic...will she be...I mean...I guess she will."
She said and looked down.
"Well in either case if you have to do...horrible things you have to right and the Nephandi have to be stopped."
She muttered.
He nodded grimly, a pained gleam in his eyes, "Eventually, yes, I expect she will... In the meantime, I will adopt her; ensure she has at least a semblance of comfort until she's well enough to survive the... thing. I can offer her a little better than a cold cell and an uncaring jailer on Horizon, at least... and perhaps guidance back to the light. I rather made a... hasty promise of mercy, and that turned out to have... unexpected consequences. Nevertheless, my word was given, and there's no backing out of it, even if that means sheltering a Fallen who is too frail to be sent to the main sentencing hall..."

Samantha nodded and shook your hand firmly.
"I see, well perhaps, the Serafina is a research vessel after all, she is sort of designed to find things, so as long as we get her fixed and can find a crew, perhaps we can find what you are looking for Sir."
She said then she added curiously.
"May I ask what it is you are searching for?"
He smiled slyly, "I trust you can keep a secret... When Heylel Teomim was rightly executed, there were... things that never surfaced. It would be quite reasonable to assume they had some small, secret Sanctum somewhere out there. I've got reason to believe there are a few clues I could pursue to locate such a place, if it truly exists... Oh, I'll admit, it would be comparable to questing for the Holy Grail, in terms of likelyhood of success, but... the search would be so exciting, don't you think?"

Samantha nodded at that.
"The Admiral becoming Prima do not surprise me, there are rumors among my Tradition that Primus Spence is getting tired and might retire in not to long, it is a scary prospect though, Horizon itself being under attack, I do hope something can be done."
She muttered and shook her head.
"Do you think that attack on Horizon in the future have anything to do with the trouble we are experiencing at the moment Mr Wainwright?"
He pondered, "There's a connection, alright. Probably more than one. Whether or not there's any causal relationship... I don't know. But there are individuals - me included - present in both scuffles. Aside from that, I do not know."

"That is just...amazing."
The young Etherite said with stars in her eyes.
"I hope I get to see that ship when it is done...I am not much familiar with phylacteries but there is an Avatar in the ship? How is that possible?"
"Heh, I couldn't even begin to speculate on how. Master Telar is a genius when it comes to the care for Avatars, whereas I most explicitly am not. What I have understood of it, though, is that the Avatar in question was badly injured, and would basically not survive without, well, artificial life support. So with the Mage's consent, it seems she was able to build the equivalent of a Robocop body for the Avatar... Hm, come to think of it, I do believe I read a few fictional stories where people were literally married to their ships like that."

"Children of Ether...well it would be about bloody time,if you will excuse my language Sir."
Samantha said and grinned.
"Aunt Alexis would do it to, I am sure of it and much to the dismay of the old men who fill up so much of my Tradition, and yes hopefully she can cut through some red tape as well, especially if she know that an attack is coming."
He grinned, "Yes, I'm given to understand she has little patience for willful obstruction..."

"Crafty Avatar you got. I have heard about some of them being able to take over, but it is still quite rare."
The young mage said and nodded.
"It is good you survived though, and I can see how such a trauma can cause some issues...massive injury is not fun."
She muttered and looked down.
He nodded, "You wouldn't believe the half of it, but yes, she's a hard-nosed, tough little lady. And I seem to be quite the hardy sort, myself. We make a good team."

"No...that is perfectly ok no problem...."
Samantha said and eyed the Thermos.
"Ehm...should I even ask Mr Wainwright?"
He shook his head, "No, I don't think so... You'll be happier if you didn't."

The Etherite turned some switches on her instruments, then she placed a careful hand on your shoulder and pushed a button. There was a flash of light, there where no pain or discomfort but for a while everything felt like a jumble, you could not feel your body and your mind was overflowing with impressions at lightening speed, it felt like you where everywhere at once...and then it was over and you where standing by a wall socket in an empty office room with only a brown carpet on the floor and a lamp overhead and no other furniture.
"Well then Mr Wainwright, we are here."
Samantha said as she put her meters and instruments into her bag.
"Are you alright?"
He looked around, "That was impressive... I'll admit to preferring the sensation of traveling, but in a pinch, I could get used to this. So, are we on the Umbra side of the port now, or are we still Earthside?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:09 pm

Colin nodded, "Indeed, it does sound impossible, but then, we are Mages... It's been done, once... It can be done again. And again. It does seem, however, to require such intent by the Mage in question..."

"It have been done once Sir? I have never heard of such a thing."
Samantha said wide eyed.
"Hopefully such a method can be found then, so at least some of the Fallen can be saved."

He grimaced, "A little too interesting on at least one occasion... But yes, there's nothing like the feeling of freedom when you look past the controls and out of the cockpit to see the world below and sky stretching ever on... Even magic has little to match that. I've kept my licenses and permits up to date; I could return to active duty if I so wished it, with a simple evaluation. I don't quite have the time for it, though."

"I know the feeling Mr Wainwright I have piloted Umbral ships, there is nothing quite like it."
The young mage said and nodded then she asked.
"Do you ever rent a helicopter just to go flying? I know that gets expensive but still, it is quite something."

He nodded, "I can't make use of those plans, myself... but Horizon will need light attack craft like you describe for the defense against the Fallen; there are... practical reasons why such maneuverability will be a great asset, a bit too complicated to get into right now. Nevertheless, I would suggest the plans be made available to the Admiral, if they haven't already."

"I do not know if my father ever shared his schematics with the Admiral, but I can send a copy to her just to be sure. Yes Horizon have the Zeppelins which have massive attack power but not much range or maneuverability, I fear that in a real fight, quicker crafts might get the better of them, after all they where designed to defend against massive Umbroods and Union Dreadnoughts and the like, not small fighter ships."

He arched an eyebrow, "A near-Primium refinement, you say? Interesting... Not to seem rude, but owing to the way your hand seems... out of sorts, would it be accurate to presume this wiring is a manner of bionic augmentation? To compensate for nerve damage, perhaps? It's beautiful, though..."

"Yes a near Primium refinement that is correct Sir, very strong and durable but enchantable and it do not restrict my own magick."
Samantha said then she looked down at her hand and nodded as she put the silvery threads back into place.
"It is an bionic augmentation...I have no movement bellow C2 without the augments my father made for me."
She said and shuddered...
"Yes there where nerve damage..."
She muttered.

He nodded grimly, a pained gleam in his eyes, "Eventually, yes, I expect she will... In the meantime, I will adopt her; ensure she has at least a semblance of comfort until she's well enough to survive the... thing. I can offer her a little better than a cold cell and an uncaring jailer on Horizon, at least... and perhaps guidance back to the light. I rather made a... hasty promise of mercy, and that turned out to have... unexpected consequences. Nevertheless, my word was given, and there's no backing out of it, even if that means sheltering a Fallen who is too frail to be sent to the main sentencing hall..."

"Poor child...it is horrible."
Samantha whispered.
"Ehm...do she know...what will happen to her? Is she aware of what we do to captured Fallen?"
She asked as that would be even worse.
"Well it is good that you will be making her last days a little better at least, and it is good to keep your word, even when doing so costs, perhaps especially when it costs."
She said and nodded approvingly.

He smiled slyly, "I trust you can keep a secret... When Heylel Teomim was rightly executed, there were... things that never surfaced. It would be quite reasonable to assume they had some small, secret Sanctum somewhere out there. I've got reason to believe there are a few clues I could pursue to locate such a place, if it truly exists... Oh, I'll admit, it would be comparable to questing for the Holy Grail, in terms of likelyhood of success, but... the search would be so exciting, don't you think?"

"Oh my that is quite a tressure hunt...a search for an old, legendary sanctum belonging to one of the most notorious mages in our history, traveling with a meager crew and an ill fated Umbreal ship, quite an adventure indeed, it sounds like something out of a novel."
She said with a bit of a twinkle in her eye, the excitement of the whole thing lightening her mood about her father's ship a little.
"Do you think you stand a chance at finding that Sanctum Mr Wainwright?"

He pondered, "There's a connection, alright. Probably more than one. Whether or not there's any causal relationship... I don't know. But there are individuals - me included - present in both scuffles. Aside from that, I do not know."

Samantha just nodded at that but she did give a concerned frown.

"Heh, I couldn't even begin to speculate on how. Master Telar is a genius when it comes to the care for Avatars, whereas I most explicitly am not. What I have understood of it, though, is that the Avatar in question was badly injured, and would basically not survive without, well, artificial life support. So with the Mage's consent, it seems she was able to build the equivalent of a Robocop body for the Avatar... Hm, come to think of it, I do believe I read a few fictional stories where people were literally married to their ships like that."

"Yeah there are some TV shows as well where you have that sort of thing going on...but the Avatar becoming a part of a ship...now first of all that must be a kick ass ship, after all with a living Avatar you would not need Quintessence batteries, the soul could just draw what Ether it needed right out of the pool, it is what they are there to do after all."
The Etherite sounded exited. Mia grumbled deep inside of you, sounding like an old British Lady who had been told what she was there to do was just to look pretty, Avatars was more than just a straw into the Quintessence pool after all. Samantha continued talking.
"Secondly that have to hurt. I mean I have had a huge bit of Paradox ram into my Avatar and that was not plesant, I imagine being made into a ship is allot worse...poor man."

He grinned, "Yes, I'm given to understand she has little patience for willful obstruction..."

"That she do not, aunt Alexis want things done, she have no patience for foolishness."

He nodded, "You wouldn't believe the half of it, but yes, she's a hard-nosed, tough little lady. And I seem to be quite the hardy sort, myself. We make a good team."

That made Mia happier, you seamed to feel her emotions more now than you had when she presented herself as the Mirror Man, and she easily got indignant, not angry but indignant, there where things one did not say about a lady at the same time she had a sense of humor, she felt like some old, stern and yet wise school matron at times. Samantha just nodded.
"I am glad you work well together Mr Wainwright."
She said.

He shook his head, "No, I don't think so... You'll be happier if you didn't."

Samantha looked at the thermos a bit uneasy.
"I will ehm...take your word for it..."

He looked around, "That was impressive... I'll admit to preferring the sensation of traveling, but in a pinch, I could get used to this. So, are we on the Umbra side of the port now, or are we still Earthside?"

The Etherite gave a bit of a smile.
"Thank you Sir...I am afraid not though, we are in an office in 300 North LaSalle, we need to take and elevator up to the roof and cross over into the Umbra there, I am afraid I am far away from being able to teleport in any format in the Umbra, just through space."
Samantha explained.
"The elevator is right over here Sir."
She said and pointed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:52 pm

"It have been done once Sir? I have never heard of such a thing."
Samantha said wide eyed.
"Hopefully such a method can be found then, so at least some of the Fallen can be saved."
Colin nodded, "No, I don't suppose you would have... I fear there'll be an immense matter of it soon enough, though..."

"I know the feeling Mr Wainwright I have piloted Umbral ships, there is nothing quite like it."
The young mage said and nodded then she asked.
"Do you ever rent a helicopter just to go flying? I know that gets expensive but still, it is quite something."
He smiled, "Every now and then... A rare indulgence, and for the next trip, I'll bring a few Cabalmates to see Boston from above. But more importantly, I keep my license up to date - I need a certain amount of flight time annually to keep my wings, so to speak."

"I do not know if my father ever shared his schematics with the Admiral, but I can send a copy to her just to be sure. Yes Horizon have the Zeppelins which have massive attack power but not much range or maneuverability, I fear that in a real fight, quicker crafts might get the better of them, after all they where designed to defend against massive Umbroods and Union Dreadnoughts and the like, not small fighter ships."
He nodded thoughtfully, "The light craft... Their strongest suit will be their ability to make tight turns and surprising maneuvers - they will be the best bet to disable, albeit temporarily, the weaponry of the polyps."

"Yes a near Primium refinement that is correct Sir, very strong and durable but enchantable and it do not restrict my own magick."
Samantha said then she looked down at her hand and nodded as she put the silvery threads back into place.
"It is an bionic augmentation...I have no movement bellow C2 without the augments my father made for me."
She said and shuddered...
"Yes there where nerve damage..."
She muttered.
He arched an eyebrow, "C2... is that the spine... the neck? The harness is ingenious... I'll not pry further."

"Poor child...it is horrible."
Samantha whispered.
"Ehm...do she know...what will happen to her? Is she aware of what we do to captured Fallen?"
She asked as that would be even worse.
"Well it is good that you will be making her last days a little better at least, and it is good to keep your word, even when doing so costs, perhaps especially when it costs."
She said and nodded approvingly.
He nodded, "I'm quite sure she does... A part of me was actually hoping she wouldn't last the night, but not it seems I'll get to spend Christmas with her after all. Ah, another vision; it does get a little... loopy. And it's an odd thing, to use the law to justify doing the right thing... Hm, I seem to be saying that a lot lately..."

"Oh my that is quite a tressure hunt...a search for an old, legendary sanctum belonging to one of the most notorious mages in our history, traveling with a meager crew and an ill fated Umbreal ship, quite an adventure indeed, it sounds like something out of a novel."
She said with a bit of a twinkle in her eye, the excitement of the whole thing lightening her mood about her father's ship a little.
"Do you think you stand a chance at finding that Sanctum Mr Wainwright?"
He grinned, "I've read a few Fantasy tales like that, though I'd expect there's quite a bit of Space Opera along those lines, too... Perhaps I should keep a log of the journey and publish a fictionalized account of the whole thing?"
He turned a little more serious, "As for standing a chance at finding such a Sanctum... Perhaps. If it's really out there, I think I have a non-zero chance at finding it... Not much more than zero, but non-zero nevertheless."

"Yeah there are some TV shows as well where you have that sort of thing going on...but the Avatar becoming a part of a ship...now first of all that must be a kick ass ship, after all with a living Avatar you would not need Quintessence batteries, the soul could just draw what Ether it needed right out of the pool, it is what they are there to do after all."
The Etherite sounded exited. Mia grumbled deep inside of you, sounding like an old British Lady who had been told what she was there to do was just to look pretty, Avatars was more than just a straw into the Quintessence pool after all. Samantha continued talking.
"Secondly that have to hurt. I mean I have had a huge bit of Paradox ram into my Avatar and that was not plesant, I imagine being made into a ship is allot worse...poor man."
He chuckled and ran a finger over the beads again, "Ah, she doesn't like being likened to a straw in the Quintessence pool... Avatars are so much more than that. But yes, the ship is magnificent. As for how much it hurt to be turned into a ship's core like that... I suppose that might be relative. In this particular case, relative to the pain of suffering so massive damage to the Avatar that it was slowly dying and breaking apart; I'd suspect the experience overall was preferable to the alternative."

That made Mia happier, you seamed to feel her emotions more now than you had when she presented herself as the Mirror Man, and she easily got indignant, not angry but indignant, there where things one did not say about a lady at the same time she had a sense of humor, she felt like some old, stern and yet wise school matron at times. Samantha just nodded.
"I am glad you work well together Mr Wainwright."
She said.
He smiled, "Yes, she's... got a bit of personality; rather a cross between Jane Marple and Violet Crawley, if you're familiar with those characters. Clever, willful and magnificent, and very good at piecing things together."

The Etherite gave a bit of a smile.
"Thank you Sir...I am afraid not though, we are in an office in 300 North LaSalle, we need to take and elevator up to the roof and cross over into the Umbra there, I am afraid I am far away from being able to teleport in any format in the Umbra, just through space."
Samantha explained.
"The elevator is right over here Sir."
She said and pointed.
He nodded, "Very good; cutting the trip down to an elevator ride and... presumably, there is a portal one can use without necessarily knowing the first thing about accessing the Umbra?"
He smiled and followed Samantha's lead.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:07 am

The electric fly swatters where now covered in runes, elegantly drawn, from four different alphabets, placed into complex patterns.
"Given the time I could have constructed something better, however with all that juice put into these they will give one hell of a kick."

Curious, he tried to see what languages he could determine before they were entrusted to his older sodales. It would have the element of surprise, doubtful anyone would think a flyswatter would hit them in the spirit.

Crexia gave a little chuckle at your outburst. "I think we all could need something to bring us back to this manifested reality Sodalis." She said then she took a deep breath and entered into the finishing gestures and words...

He gave her a smile at that and quieted down as he realised she wasn't quite finished her own grounding, then followed her and the others down to the kitchen. He nodded to the younger members as they shuffled by in greeting. Porridge, with the others. Like old times. Except there was coffee now, thankfully. There were no grogs. There was no baker's boy here. But there were other helpful people like Mirri who knew how to make food and had set out enough for all of them. He gratefully took a bowl and a spoon and then came up to Lady Crexia. "With your permission, may I take mine with me and talk to the Chief? Unless you prefer to do so, of course, ma'am. Let him know what's going on, considering what I showed you before? He could probably use breakfast too, though I'd like to stay...unless you think I should stay, that is." He paused. Yes, he would like that, stay and eat with them. That was odd, he never cared if he ate alone before. But given the time, the Chief might be glad to know things were done. "I don't like talking much about planning in the open," he added. By now, Crexia probably had figured out why he'd been writing in a notebook before. As he stood, he stuck the spoon in the plain oatmeal and took a big bite, as if that would be the easiest way to forestall himself from continuing to talk.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:04 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "No, I don't suppose you would have... I fear there'll be an immense matter of it soon enough, though..."

"More trouble on the horizon then? Well if it is trouble that can lead something good with it then I am for it, sometimes things needs to be shook up a bit."
Samantha said and nodded.

He smiled, "Every now and then... A rare indulgence, and for the next trip, I'll bring a few Cabalmates to see Boston from above. But more importantly, I keep my license up to date - I need a certain amount of flight time annually to keep my wings, so to speak."

"Bringing your Cabal Sir? That is nice. Yes I guess that makes sense one would not want someone to sit on a pilot's license and then not have flown for years. I am sure it will be a nice trip."

He nodded thoughtfully, "The light craft... Their strongest suit will be their ability to make tight turns and surprising maneuvers - they will be the best bet to disable, albeit temporarily, the weaponry of the polyps."

"I do not know much about Nephandi battle cruisers Sir, but that do make sense. Well all I can do is show the Admiral the plans and she will have to see if she can convince Dr Spence if she likes the idea."

He arched an eyebrow, "C2... is that the spine... the neck? The harness is ingenious... I'll not pry further."

"Yeah...it is the second vertebrae, highest up in the spine."
Samantha said and looked down.
"It is ok, I mean it is a bad memory but it is ok and yes my father's work is ingenious, he was a great scientist...the best..."
She muttered proudly.

He nodded, "I'm quite sure she does... A part of me was actually hoping she wouldn't last the night, but not it seems I'll get to spend Christmas with her after all. Ah, another vision; it does get a little... loopy. And it's an odd thing, to use the law to justify doing the right thing... Hm, I seem to be saying that a lot lately..."

"That poor kid she must be terrified."
Samantha exclaimed.
"Yes perhaps it would have been better if she had not survived Sir, then again, if she die then someday her widderslainte will be born, and then there will be another Fallen child, one that have never taken the step to join the Nephandi and that child will not deserve...that any more than the young prisoner do."
She said and sigh then she raised and eyebrow.
"It must be strange to have visions like that Sir, I have a Cultist of Ecstasy in my Cabal, she do not study allot of Time but her Mentor sure do and she can do things like that, talk about remembering tomorrow...as for the law, I guess at times that is all one can do, manipulate it to try to do right."

He grinned, "I've read a few Fantasy tales like that, though I'd expect there's quite a bit of Space Opera along those lines, too... Perhaps I should keep a log of the journey and publish a fictionalized account of the whole thing?"

"That might actually sell, through you would have to keep things directly linking to the Traditions out of it or it would be a breach of the Law of Shade...it would be a grand adventure though."
The Etherite said eagerly.

He turned a little more serious, "As for standing a chance at finding such a Sanctum... Perhaps. If it's really out there, I think I have a non-zero chance at finding it... Not much more than zero, but non-zero nevertheless."

"I can live with slim chances, if it was certain you would find it, then it would not be an adventure now would it."
Samantha said and grinned.
"Well I guess we can discuss the exact details later but yes, it might be a grand expedition."

He chuckled and ran a finger over the beads again, "Ah, she doesn't like being likened to a straw in the Quintessence pool... Avatars are so much more than that.

"Ehm...I am sorry Sir I did not mean any offense."
The young Technomancer said and looked down.
"I guess that they are at that."
She agreed. Mia seamed to calm again and retracted deep into your being but you could feel her there, a part of you, watching the world through your eyes.

But yes, the ship is magnificent. As for how much it hurt to be turned into a ship's core like that... I suppose that might be relative. In this particular case, relative to the pain of suffering so massive damage to the Avatar that it was slowly dying and breaking apart; I'd suspect the experience overall was preferable to the alternative."

"Yeah I guess it would be..."
Samantha said a bit uneasy over your colorful description.
"Poor guy, hopefully he is better now then, do you know who he is though Sir?"

He smiled, "Yes, she's... got a bit of personality; rather a cross between Jane Marple and Violet Crawley, if you're familiar with those characters. Clever, willful and magnificent, and very good at piecing things together."

"I am familiar with the characters, that sounds lovely."
The Etherite said and nodded.
"Mine just appear to me as strange electrical fluctuations around me, and archs of electricity that communicate with me when he feels that he have to do so."

He nodded, "Very good; cutting the trip down to an elevator ride and... presumably, there is a portal one can use without necessarily knowing the first thing about accessing the Umbra?"

"When we choose an office to cast a spell on, well not me but the Traditions in the city, this one was chosen since it is close to the elevators and it is small so we would not take allot of value from the owners of the building, we keep this empty, people forget this office is here and yes there is an portal on the roof."
Samantha explained.

He smiled and followed Samantha's lead.

Samantha lead the way to a brass door elevator and got in, there where mirrors of one side of the small room and a advertisement for an energy drink on the other wall, a bit of piano music played over the speakers. Samantha smiled as she begun to press the buttons in a distinct order.
"We used to have the portal on the tenth floor but after the Elevator Game became so popular we started having allot of sleepers ending up lost in the Umbra and we had to change it, we could not change the floor the guide enters on though, do not look at her or speak to her, she knows what to do on her own."
The young mage instructed as the elevator came to the fifth floor and a young black haired woman entered, the woman said nothing and neither did Samantha, but she did press the key to the top floor and the elevator went up, there was a strange feeling in your gut as you pass through the Gauntlet and then the elevator finally stopped, the woman with the black hair was just not there anymore.
"Well then Sir, we are here now we can just take the stairs up to the roof."
Samantha announced.

Adley:

Curious, he tried to see what languages he could determine before they were entrusted to his older sodales. It would have the element of surprise, doubtful anyone would think a flyswatter would hit them in the spirit.

You see Elder Futark, Younger Futark, Medieval Latin Futark and one you just do not recognize which might be House Verditius's own rune system only shared among members of their own House.

He gave her a smile at that and quieted down as he realised she wasn't quite finished her own grounding, then followed her and the others down to the kitchen. He nodded to the younger members as they shuffled by in greeting.

Some of the young students just looked shyly away when you nodded to them, while others returned your greeting and smile. One boy who was hardly twelve with a big grin on his freckled face looked at you happily then hurried along to a place where he could eat his breakfast.

Porridge, with the others. Like old times. Except there was coffee now, thankfully. There were no grogs. There was no baker's boy here. But there were other helpful people like Mirri who knew how to make food and had set out enough for all of them. He gratefully took a bowl and a spoon and then came up to Lady Crexia. "With your permission, may I take mine with me and talk to the Chief? Unless you prefer to do so, of course, ma'am. Let him know what's going on, considering what I showed you before?

"I do not mind Mr Roth Hicks, and it might be a good idea to keep updated, just make sure you have what you need to ground yourself so I can say my responsibility as ritual leader is done, then you have my permission to go."
Crexia said and nodded as she sat down herself and filled a cup of coffee.

He could probably use breakfast too, though I'd like to stay...unless you think I should stay, that is." He paused. Yes, he would like that, stay and eat with them. That was odd, he never cared if he ate alone before. But given the time, the Chief might be glad to know things were done.

Crexia nodded again and filled another bowl of oatmeal and handed to you.
"That might be a good idea Sodalis to get the Chief some food, whatever you think best, as long as you are okey, those where allot of energies, then I am content."
She said and handed the other bowl to you.
"For Joakim if you are going to see him."

"I don't like talking much about planning in the open," he added. By now, Crexia probably had figured out why he'd been writing in a notebook before. As he stood, he stuck the spoon in the plain oatmeal and took a big bite, as if that would be the easiest way to forestall himself from continuing to talk.

"I understand Sodalis."
The archmaga said politely.
"Planning more privately might be wise."
She agreed. The oatmeal was sweetened a bit with honey and there where some raisins in there, other than that it was a plain meal, but it did seam to help get your feet back on the ground and remanding you that you where a physical being.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:24 pm

"More trouble on the horizon then? Well if it is trouble that can lead something good with it then I am for it, sometimes things needs to be shook up a bit."
Colin nodded, "Yes, well... it'll be a fairly big case when it comes to a point... and it will, soon..."

"Bringing your Cabal Sir? That is nice. Yes I guess that makes sense one would not want someone to sit on a pilot's license and then not have flown for years. I am sure it will be a nice trip."
He smiled, "It's always a nice trip, unless an unanticipated storm hits... But one of my Cabalmates is Verbena, and her mentor is an old Storm Witch; I think it's safe to assume the weather will be magnificent."

"I do not know much about Nephandi battle cruisers Sir, but that do make sense. Well all I can do is show the Admiral the plans and she will have to see if she can convince Dr Spence if she likes the idea."
He nodded, "I will certainly advocate it - I'm going to need to ask an audience with her in any case."

"That poor kid she must be terrified."
Samantha exclaimed.
"Yes perhaps it would have been better if she had not survived Sir, then again, if she die then someday her widderslainte will be born, and then there will be another Fallen child, one that have never taken the step to join the Nephandi and that child will not deserve...that any more than the young prisoner do."
She said and sigh then she raised and eyebrow.
"It must be strange to have visions like that Sir, I have a Cultist of Ecstasy in my Cabal, she do not study allot of Time but her Mentor sure do and she can do things like that, talk about remembering tomorrow...as for the law, I guess at times that is all one can do, manipulate it to try to do right."
"Better? Probably not, but certainly more convenient for me..."
He sighed, "Yes, the visions are a bit odd, but it's reconciling the time loops with English grammar, now there's the migraine in waiting..."

"That might actually sell, through you would have to keep things directly linking to the Traditions out of it or it would be a breach of the Law of Shade...it would be a grand adventure though."
The Etherite said eagerly.
He grinned, "Are there no Traditional publishers? But yes, it would need some serious... rephrasing. Perhaps the Southern Pacific Ocean would make an acceptable analogy for the Umbra; a sea voyage in Victorian times?"

"Yeah I guess it would be..."
Samantha said a bit uneasy over your colorful description.
"Poor guy, hopefully he is better now then, do you know who he is though Sir?"
He shook his head, "Not yet, though I expect we'll get to meet soon - the fellow's coming to Steelhaven Hall for a check-in with Master Telar. I've been promised an introduction then."

"I am familiar with the characters, that sounds lovely."
"Mine just appear to me as strange electrical fluctuations around me, and archs of electricity that communicate with me when he feels that he have to do so."
He smiled, "That sounds a bit odd... Not completely alien, just a little odd. Still, my description was in terms of personality rather than looks; surely your fluctuations have a certain, hm, attitude?"

"When we choose an office to cast a spell on, well not me but the Traditions in the city, this one was chosen since it is close to the elevators and it is small so we would not take allot of value from the owners of the building, we keep this empty, people forget this office is here and yes there is an portal on the roof."
Samantha explained.
He nodded, "A clever choice... Though, I suppose putting an actual office in here could be useful as well... a Mercere mail drop, for example?"

Samantha lead the way to a brass door elevator and got in, there where mirrors of one side of the small room and a advertisement for an energy drink on the other wall, a bit of piano music played over the speakers. Samantha smiled as she begun to press the buttons in a distinct order.
"We used to have the portal on the tenth floor but after the Elevator Game became so popular we started having allot of sleepers ending up lost in the Umbra and we had to change it, we could not change the floor the guide enters on though, do not look at her or speak to her, she knows what to do on her own."
Colin tried to memorize the button sequence, and arched an eyebrow, "The Elevator Game... Oh, God, that must have been a nuisance. Were there many people permanently lost, or were they all recovered and... gently reassured they had a hallucination?"

The young mage instructed as the elevator came to the fifth floor and a young black haired woman entered, the woman said nothing and neither did Samantha, but she did press the key to the top floor and the elevator went up, there was a strange feeling in your gut as you pass through the Gauntlet and then the elevator finally stopped, the woman with the black hair was just not there anymore.
"Well then Sir, we are here now we can just take the stairs up to the roof."
Samantha announced.
He fell silent as the woman entered the elevator, and blinked slowly as the woman vanished, "That was... an odd sensation. This guide was to ensure Sleepers won't come all the way up, even if they push the right button sequence?"
He looked up the stairs, "Well, then, ladies first, or age before beauty?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:06 pm

Colin nodded, "Yes, well... it'll be a fairly big case when it comes to a point... and it will, soon..."

"You make it sound like there will be Deacons and Primi accused of wrongdoing and half an apocalypse Mr Wainwright."
Samantha said and raised an eyebrow.

He smiled, "It's always a nice trip, unless an unanticipated storm hits... But one of my Cabalmates is Verbena, and her mentor is an old Storm Witch; I think it's safe to assume the weather will be magnificent."

"Well then I guess you and your Cabal will be fairly safe then Mr Wainwright, well I hope you will have a good time."

He nodded, "I will certainly advocate it - I'm going to need to ask an audience with her in any case."

"That might be a good idea, you might be able to talk the Admiral into seeing it from your point of view."

"Better? Probably not, but certainly more convenient for me..."
He sighed, "Yes, the visions are a bit odd, but it's reconciling the time loops with English grammar, now there's the migraine in waiting..."

"It probably would be more convenient yes..."
She muttered.
"Well grammar can me ignored you know."
The Etherite added and grinned.

He grinned, "Are there no Traditional publishers? But yes, it would need some serious... rephrasing. Perhaps the Southern Pacific Ocean would make an acceptable analogy for the Umbra; a sea voyage in Victorian times?"

"There is actually, publishers I mean, on Horizon, there are enough of us to be able to get some decent sales, around twenty thousand Awakened magi in the Traditions, and then you have all the hedge wizards, grogs, Custos and inhabitants of realms like Concordia city on Horizon, one can publish a book meant for mage society and get decent sales with that...if one is to publish for sleepers though...a sea voyage...that work or we could make it a space ship..."

He shook his head, "Not yet, though I expect we'll get to meet soon - the fellow's coming to Steelhaven Hall for a check-in with Master Telar. I've been promised an introduction then."

"Ohh well that is quite fascinating, I hope you will share who he is once you meet the man."
Samantha said curious as a kitten.

He smiled, "That sounds a bit odd... Not completely alien, just a little odd. Still, my description was in terms of personality rather than looks; surely your fluctuations have a certain, hm, attitude?"

"They do have a attitude yes...he is very practical and yet ever changing never appearing exactly the same way twice."
Samantha said then she grinned.
"And yes indeed Sir he is a bit odd."

He nodded, "A clever choice... Though, I suppose putting an actual office in here could be useful as well... a Mercere mail drop, for example?"

"Hum that is actually a great idea Mr Wainwright, perhaps we should mention it for someone, that could actually work."
"I mean most of us come in here from time to time."

Colin tried to memorize the button sequence, and arched an eyebrow, "The Elevator Game... Oh, God, that must have been a nuisance. Were there many people permanently lost, or were they all recovered and... gently reassured they had a hallucination?"

"Most where recovered but there where quite a few Traditionalists out here looking for lost sleepers, two we never found, three had a ehm...rude Awakening and are now apprentices the rest was convinced of nationalizations or Korean ghost legends...but yes it was quite a mess."
Samantha said and sigh.

He fell silent as the woman entered the elevator, and blinked slowly as the woman vanished, "That was... an odd sensation. This guide was to ensure Sleepers won't come all the way up, even if they push the right button sequence?"

"No she is the one that brings us over into the Umbra, but we have never managed to get her to understand the difference between magi and mages, she will take anyone who know the right combination into the Umbra and back. Some have suggested binding her to force her to obey commands better but Chief Joakim are hesitant to do that to a spirit. I assure you though she might be a bit creepy but she means no harm."

He looked up the stairs, "Well, then, ladies first, or age before beauty?"

Samantha grinned and lead the way up the stairs, you get to a large platform, the sky was black with no stars, only a red sign glowing in the distance. Three Umbral ships where docked along the sides of the platform, standing on smaller platforms of their own and there where room for two more. One was a frigate with nightly sails, two looked like spaceships. Samantha pointed towards one of the space ships, it was a elegant, slender ship, silvery in color with windows along the sides, two engines along the sides and what looked like cannon sockets in all four directions.
"That is Mary's Serafina Mr Wainwright..."
Samantha said with both pride and sadness in her voice.
"My father's greatest creation."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:39 pm

"You make it sound like there will be Deacons and Primi accused of wrongdoing and half an apocalypse Mr Wainwright."
Colin gave Samantha a long, level look, then shrugged, "Well, probably not the half of an apocalypse... And possibly not the Deacons, either..."

"That might be a good idea, you might be able to talk the Admiral into seeing it from your point of view."
He nodded, "I'll have some... further circumstantial evidence, such as a drawing of the St. Victoria's Blade - that might help convince her."

"There is actually, publishers I mean, on Horizon, there are enough of us to be able to get some decent sales, around twenty thousand Awakened magi in the Traditions, and then you have all the hedge wizards, grogs, Custos and inhabitants of realms like Concordia city on Horizon, one can publish a book meant for mage society and get decent sales with that...if one is to publish for sleepers though...a sea voyage...that work or we could make it a space ship..."
He nodded, "Indeed, though I would probably lens the tale as a fantasy story, rather than space opera. Preference in subject matter, that sort of thing..."

"Ohh well that is quite fascinating, I hope you will share who he is once you meet the man."
Samantha said curious as a kitten.
He grinned, "I'm sure that could be arranged, if he will permit it."

"Hum that is actually a great idea Mr Wainwright, perhaps we should mention it for someone, that could actually work."
"I mean most of us come in here from time to time."
He smiled, "And having the office actually occupied might help distract any Sleepers who could potentially linger in the hallway from realizing that some of the people who come out of the office never walked in, and vice versa..."

"Most where recovered but there where quite a few Traditionalists out here looking for lost sleepers, two we never found, three had a ehm...rude Awakening and are now apprentices the rest was convinced of nationalizations or Korean ghost legends...but yes it was quite a mess."
Samantha said and sigh.
He grimaced, "Those two lost individuals... Poor bastards, I don't suppose they could've made it to safety somewhere else?"

"No she is the one that brings us over into the Umbra, but we have never managed to get her to understand the difference between magi and mages, she will take anyone who know the right combination into the Umbra and back. Some have suggested binding her to force her to obey commands better but Chief Joakim are hesitant to do that to a spirit. I assure you though she might be a bit creepy but she means no harm."
He nodded, "...and the combination is so long that the odds of someone accidentally getting it right are astronomical... I could probably get it right with a bit of... artificial luck, but then that would already need magic, so... Also, I agree with Chief Joakim; laying further bindings and commands on a spirit already cooperating willingly will only create resentment, and possibly a disturbingly literal interpretation of any commands given."

Samantha grinned and lead the way up the stairs, you get to a large platform, the sky was black with no stars, only a red sign glowing in the distance. Three Umbral ships where docked along the sides of the platform, standing on smaller platforms of their own and there where room for two more. One was a frigate with nightly sails, two looked like spaceships. Samantha pointed towards one of the space ships, it was a elegant, slender ship, silvery in color with windows along the sides, two engines along the sides and what looked like cannon sockets in all four directions.
"That is Mary's Serafina Mr Wainwright..."
Samantha said with both pride and sadness in her voice.
"My father's greatest creation."
Colin halted for a moment, taking in the view, "Quite an impressive place... Hum, that's a bit odd... With Lady Arden back at Morningstar, I'd rather expected to see the Pride of the Black Forest here."
He shook it off, "No matter, I'm sure she has other missions to fly. So that's Mary's Serafina... She's a sleek beauty, alright. Very 1930s or 1940s in design, I'd say... I hope those gun mounts can be aimed independently, though; fixed mounts tend to be more of a bother than an asset, excepting a front-facing spinal mount..."
He sighed, "I'm probably going to regret this to some extent, but I'd rather keep an eye on the resonances and quintessence flows, just to make sure I don't directly handle too much of the taint on board..."
He fished out his Prime monocle and mumbled, "Magia spectare..."

((OOC: This is gonna be unpleasant... Arete roll for Prime sight: 1,8,8. Well, one success ought to hold long enough to traverse the ship and get out... ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:07 pm

Colin gave Samantha a long, level look, then shrugged, "Well, probably not the half of an apocalypse... And possibly not the Deacons, either..."

"You are not exactly reassuring me Mr Wainwright..."
"Very well I will not ask to much since you do not seam to want to share but you have me worried now about just how much of a mess is coming."

He nodded, "I'll have some... further circumstantial evidence, such as a drawing of the St. Victoria's Blade - that might help convince her."

"Hum...that might help convince the Admiral yes, if you can show her things you should not have seen yet, hopefully it will all work out."

He nodded, "Indeed, though I would probably lens the tale as a fantasy story, rather than space opera. Preference in subject matter, that sort of thing..."

"I see Mr Wainwright...a sea journey it is then."
Samantha said with a bit of a smile.

He grinned, "I'm sure that could be arranged, if he will permit it."

"Off course, I would not want you to break anyone's trust."

He smiled, "And having the office actually occupied might help distract any Sleepers who could potentially linger in the hallway from realizing that some of the people who come out of the office never walked in, and vice versa..."

"You are right...I will drop a note about it into Master Hermansson's mailbox and make the suggestion and we will see what the Deacon council have to say and if they like the idea whatever or not they can convince the other Chantries in the Tribunal as well."

He grimaced, "Those two lost individuals... Poor bastards, I don't suppose they could've made it to safety somewhere else?"

Samantha shook her head sadly.
"It is not likely, it is possible they managed to get to safety somewhere or that they are still alive in the penumbra somewhere but it is not very likely unfortunately...so yeah poor bastards."

He nodded, "...and the combination is so long that the odds of someone accidentally getting it right are astronomical... I could probably get it right with a bit of... artificial luck, but then that would already need magic, so... Also, I agree with Chief Joakim; laying further bindings and commands on a spirit already cooperating willingly will only create resentment, and possibly a disturbingly literal interpretation of any commands given."

"I guess you are right Mr Wainwright, enslaving her would not be good, I mean it is a form of slavery when one bind a spirit into service against their will and I doubt that they like it better than we would...and yes now that we changed the combination we avoid the issue of sleepers accidentally getting lost in the Umbra anyway."
Samantha said then she gave a sly grin.
"That is what I would do if someone tried to bind me against my will, I would simply interpret orders very...very literary."

Colin halted for a moment, taking in the view, "Quite an impressive place... Hum, that's a bit odd... With Lady Arden back at Morningstar, I'd rather expected to see the Pride of the Black Forest here."

"Lady Arden do not own the Pride, the ship belong to the Verbena Prima, Charlotte Quey Sir so I suspect it is on it's way back to Horizon where it is usually docked. it is just used from time to to to ferry important members of the Verbena where they need to go."
Samantha explained.

He shook it off, "No matter, I'm sure she has other missions to fly. So that's Mary's Serafina... She's a sleek beauty, alright. Very 1930s or 1940s in design, I'd say... I hope those gun mounts can be aimed independently, though; fixed mounts tend to be more of a bother than an asset, excepting a front-facing spinal mount..."

"My father always liked the old art deco designs and old black and white science fiction movies."
"Yes the turrets and Quintessence canons and be turned and individually aimed Sir, they are mounted on a rotating arm inside of their sockets."

He sighed, "I'm probably going to regret this to some extent, but I'd rather keep an eye on the resonances and quintessence flows, just to make sure I don't directly handle too much of the taint on board..."
He fished out his Prime monocle and mumbled, "Magia spectare..."

The Resonance of the Serafina was strong enough that you could even see it from the outside, it was filled with hate, rage and destruction. Samantha looked at you for a moment then she nodded and walked over to the ship, she keyed in a combination at a side panel and a hatch opened rolling out a ramp you could use to get into the ship. Now that you saw the Resonance up close, it was as if senseless cruelty, murder and despair and been made physical and was coating the walls, it was a dense, horrible atmosphere of pure evil, if such a word really had any meaning and no it was not plesant to look at.

(OOC: That it will. I would like a Willpower roll though please for Colin to be able not to get sick when he sees that Resonance for it really is not good, not good at all. You make no expression of it off course but you still need to roll to see if our dear Orphan manage to keep his dinner.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:43 pm

"You are not exactly reassuring me Mr Wainwright..."
"Very well I will not ask to much since you do not seam to want to share but you have me worried now about just how much of a mess is coming."
He nodded darkly, "Naming names, even as hypotheticals, can be dangerous, miss Kelly..."

"Hum...that might help convince the Admiral yes, if you can show her things you should not have seen yet, hopefully it will all work out."
He nodded, "At least, it shouldn't hurt my position."

"You are right...I will drop a note about it into Master Hermansson's mailbox and make the suggestion and we will see what the Deacon council have to say and if they like the idea whatever or not they can convince the other Chantries in the Tribunal as well."
He pondered, "It would, of course, also help take a little of the urgency off the matter of procuring a new Chantry for the Mercere... A local office, even if it's not a full-fledged home for them, would help keep their local representation and services readily available."

"I guess you are right Mr Wainwright, enslaving her would not be good, I mean it is a form of slavery when one bind a spirit into service against their will and I doubt that they like it better than we would...and yes now that we changed the combination we avoid the issue of sleepers accidentally getting lost in the Umbra anyway."
Samantha said then she gave a sly grin.
"That is what I would do if someone tried to bind me against my will, I would simply interpret orders very...very literary."
He grinned, "Yes, like how 'keep an eye on the prisoners' doesn't explicitly include orders to do anything if the prisoners were to make their escape..."

"Lady Arden do not own the Pride, the ship belong to the Verbena Prima, Charlotte Quey Sir so I suspect it is on it's way back to Horizon where it is usually docked. it is just used from time to to to ferry important members of the Verbena where they need to go."
Samantha explained.
He smiled, "Of course, of course; I'd just expected the crew to have had the time for a good night's sleep and proper maintenance and refueling before setting back out - it's still early in the morning, after all..."

"My father always liked the old art deco designs and old black and white science fiction movies."
"Yes the turrets and Quintessence canons and be turned and individually aimed Sir, they are mounted on a rotating arm inside of their sockets."
He grinned, "Well, it is a nice aesthetic. I far prefer it to the clunkier look of, say, Star Wars."

The Resonance of the Serafina was strong enough that you could even see it from the outside, it was filled with hate, rage and destruction. Samantha looked at you for a moment then she nodded and walked over to the ship, she keyed in a combination at a side panel and a hatch opened rolling out a ramp you could use to get into the ship. Now that you saw the Resonance up close, it was as if senseless cruelty, murder and despair and been made physical and was coating the walls, it was a dense, horrible atmosphere of pure evil, if such a word really had any meaning and no it was not plesant to look at.
((OOC: Willpower roll - 2,3,3,6,9,0. I think I made it?))
Colin looked along the ship, his gaze sweeping the hull slowly before resting on the entrance ramp, "Good god, that's... a lot to clean up. If Sam Neill shows up in there blinded, I just might make a run for it... Ah, you might not have seen that movie."
He carefully followed Samantha up the ramp, keeping a wary eye on the ship's interior, "I can understand that there are few who wish to get close to the ship... but I think a strong stomach and some magical elbow grease might make some progress in cleansing the ship. Lots and lots of elbow grease..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:17 pm

He nodded darkly, "Naming names, even as hypotheticals, can be dangerous, miss Kelly..."

"Off course Mr Wainwright...I will stop asking."
Samantha said softly and closed the door behind you as you entered her room though she did look a bit concerned."

He nodded, "At least, it shouldn't hurt my position."

"It is worth a shot Sir and the Admiral is known for being quite a sensible and reasonable woman, a bit eccentric yes, but willing to listen to anyone who have something of substance to tell her."

He pondered, "It would, of course, also help take a little of the urgency off the matter of procuring a new Chantry for the Mercere... A local office, even if it's not a full-fledged home for them, would help keep their local representation and services readily available."

Samantha nodded though she seamed a bit doubtful.
"It might help them keep their operation going until they get a new home Mr Wainwright, and that would be a good thing, but the Red Caps still need a place to live, I guess they can stay at Morningstar for now but eventually they will need their own Chantry again."

He grinned, "Yes, like how 'keep an eye on the prisoners' doesn't explicitly include orders to do anything if the prisoners were to make their escape..."

"Exactly one could continue to keep an eye on the prisoners until they where no longer prisoners, that would be following that order directly."
The Etherite said and grinned.

He smiled, "Of course, of course; I'd just expected the crew to have had the time for a good night's sleep and proper maintenance and refueling before setting back out - it's still early in the morning, after all..."

"That is true. I do not know why they set out again so soon, perhaps they did not want to be here if shit starts hitting the fan with the Nephandi situation, but I really can only speculate on their reasons Mr Wainwright."
Samantha said and shook her head to show that she had no idea why the Pride was not there.

He grinned, "Well, it is a nice aesthetic. I far prefer it to the clunkier look of, say, Star Wars."

"I tend to agree, at least if you are only going to consider how the ship looks. In any case my father enjoyed this type of design for his ship so he built her this way."

Colin looked along the ship, his gaze sweeping the hull slowly before resting on the entrance ramp, "Good god, that's... a lot to clean up. If Sam Neill shows up in there blinded, I just might make a run for it... Ah, you might not have seen that movie."

"I have not seen that movie...but I get your drift it...is not good..."
Samantha said sadly.
"I wish we knew what happened out there, to my father and his crew, how the Serafina got this way, it would be painful to know but I still would want to know what happened."
She muttered.

He carefully followed Samantha up the ramp, keeping a wary eye on the ship's interior, "I can understand that there are few who wish to get close to the ship... but I think a strong stomach and some magical elbow grease might make some progress in cleansing the ship. Lots and lots of elbow grease..."

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright, the Serafina deserves to be restored to her former glory."
She said sadly then she pointed.
"Down this corridor for the engine room."
She said. The ship's interior where silver and white with gray doors that slid to the side to open. Samantha stopped before one of those doors.
"Ehm are you sure you want to have your rote up when we enter the engine room where the Quintessence batteries are Mr Wainwright, it might not be a plesant sight."
She warned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:23 pm

You see Elder Futark, Younger Futark, Medieval Latin Futark and one you just do not recognize which might be House Verditius's own rune system only shared among members of their own House.

Curiosity satisfied, for the most part. Houses Veriditius and Shay, as well others had their own secret writing systems, of course.

Some of the young students just looked shyly away when you nodded to them, while others returned your greeting and smile. One boy who was hardly twelve with a big grin on his freckled face looked at you happily then hurried along to a place where he could eat his breakfast.

Adley gave the kid a friendly wink before he took followed the rest of his group into the kitchen.

"I do not mind Mr Roth Hicks, and it might be a good idea to keep updated, just make sure you have what you need to ground yourself so I can say my responsibility as ritual leader is done, then you have my permission to go." Crexia said and nodded as she sat down herself and filled a cup of coffee.

"I will, ma'am. I'm not going to let any of Mrs. Mirri's good food go to waste."

"That might be a good idea Sodalis to get the Chief some food, whatever you think best, as long as you are okey, those where allot of energies, then I am content." She said and handed the other bowl to you. "For Joakim if you are going to see him."

He beamed at her. "I'm more than okay. I feel great! But I do need to finish breakfast, yes. No coffee that would be bad. Fuel on a fire." He took the other bowl from her and balanced it with his own. He then said, "There were a lot of energies, if breakfast doesn't settle us I'll do more grounding."

"I understand Sodalis." The archmaga said politely. "Planning more privately might be wise." She agreed.

He gave her a more serious nod, then spooned up another bite. "Shall I tell him you will be up shortly then?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:56 pm

"It is worth a shot Sir and the Admiral is known for being quite a sensible and reasonable woman, a bit eccentric yes, but willing to listen to anyone who have something of substance to tell her."
Colin smiled, "A determined woman, and true to her word, I gather. Not every officer is able to inspire their subordinates to loyalty and valor, but she... I only spoke with her briefly, but she promised to let my family know my fate, if I didn't make it... Well, she will if it gets to that, twenty years hence."

Samantha nodded though she seamed a bit doubtful.
"It might help them keep their operation going until they get a new home Mr Wainwright, and that would be a good thing, but the Red Caps still need a place to live, I guess they can stay at Morningstar for now but eventually they will need their own Chantry again."
He smiled thinly, "Oh, the urgency of a new residence cannot be overstated, but I do believe the Mercere would agree, keeping their operations running uninterrupted has the higher priority, even if only barely. I would be glad to help them secure new lodgings, if they need any help. After all, I do feel a part of the blame for the old Chantry's loss does fall on my shoulders."

"That is true. I do not know why they set out again so soon, perhaps they did not want to be here if shit starts hitting the fan with the Nephandi situation, but I really can only speculate on their reasons Mr Wainwright."
Samantha said and shook her head to show that she had no idea why the Pride was not there.
He nodded, "A valid point. I suppose I would not want such a ship present for such a debacle, either - or perhaps I would want her waiting in the rafters in case urgen evacuations were needed in the region, should the worst happen. It would be inconvenient to have her trapped in port in Chicago if evacuations from Boston were necessary."

"I tend to agree, at least if you are only going to consider how the ship looks. In any case my father enjoyed this type of design for his ship so he built her this way."
He grinned, "The designs of the Star Wars spaceships lend themselves more easily to model kits with small components, I suppose; the seams disappear in the uneven surfaces - but I far prefer designs that can be cast whole. I suppose that's my chosen profession that speaks, though... Hum, there's a thought, actually; I might be able to cast a small silver replica of the Serafina to help with the cleansing; a simulacrum to which to try to transfer the lingering energies..."

"I have not seen that movie...but I get your drift it...is not good..."
Samantha said sadly.
"I wish we knew what happened out there, to my father and his crew, how the Serafina got this way, it would be painful to know but I still would want to know what happened."
She muttered.
He nodded, "I suppose a chronomancer with a strong stomach might be able to tell... It's not like I could just say 'Praeterita rerum spectare' and get a glimpse of..."
((OOC: Time 2, not using a Focus (that monocle is still in the case), so diff 6? Arete roll comes to 5,6,7 - this might be disturbing - and a good opportunity for Colin to test out that second dot of Time that he's still not fully aware he has... Wink ))

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright, the Serafina deserves to be restored to her former glory."
She said sadly then she pointed.
"Down this corridor for the engine room."
She said. The ship's interior where silver and white with gray doors that slid to the side to open. Samantha stopped before one of those doors.
"Ehm are you sure you want to have your rote up when we enter the engine room where the Quintessence batteries are Mr Wainwright, it might not be a plesant sight."
She warned.
He nodded slowly and plucked out the monocle, blinking a few times and casting a glance through the bit of polished glass, seeing a far narrower patch of the dark energies coating the material surfaces of the ship, "No, I suppose you are right, it will probably be quite a horrid thing to take in, all at once... Fortunately, that Rote is bound to the lens, so I can leave it up without actually looking... Doing it like that has its advantages in places like this, to be sure."
He sighed, "If you please, miss Kelly?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:14 pm

Adley:

Adley gave the kid a friendly wink before he took followed the rest of his group into the kitchen

The young apprentice giggled at you then hurried after the other students and the third degree placed as their shepherd for the moment.

"I will, ma'am. I'm not going to let any of Mrs. Mirri's good food go to waste."

Crexia nodded at that and gave you a bit of a smile.
"Good."

He beamed at her. "I'm more than okay. I feel great! But I do need to finish breakfast, yes. No coffee that would be bad. Fuel on a fire." He took the other bowl from her and balanced it with his own. He then said, "There were a lot of energies, if breakfast doesn't settle us I'll do more grounding."

"There was...allot of energies, and no coffee right now might not be the best thing, but eat and see if that settle you and if not take a few minutes to ground yourself properly."
The old lich instructed.

He gave her a more serious nod, then spooned up another bite. "Shall I tell him you will be up shortly then?"

"Yes Sodalis please do, as soon as I am sure everyone who was a part of the ritual work have settled down I will be right up."
Crexia said, it was clear she took her responsibility as leader of the rituals seriously. You notice that Martin, the Deacon Primus sat with the rest of the Hermetics eating his breakfast, the man clearly did not feel elevated above the others, he did look tired though and Crexia frowned.
"I will probably help the Primus back to his chambers as well, but I should be up in Joakim's office in a few minutes."
She said and Martin looked at her for a moment then he said.
"I can find the way to my own chambers you know."
Crexia nodded.
"As you will Martin."
She said but she did not seam convinced.

Colin:

Colin smiled, "A determined woman, and true to her word, I gather. Not every officer is able to inspire their subordinates to loyalty and valor, but she... I only spoke with her briefly, but she promised to let my family know my fate, if I didn't make it... Well, she will if it gets to that, twenty years hence."

"Aunt Alexis have always treated me right at least and I have always known her to keep her word, if she promised you...to tell your family she will though I do hope you find a way to survive Sir."
Samantha said and sigh.
"Well in either case she is a good person and she will make a good Prima one day."

He smiled thinly, "Oh, the urgency of a new residence cannot be overstated, but I do believe the Mercere would agree, keeping their operations running uninterrupted has the higher priority, even if only barely. I would be glad to help them secure new lodgings, if they need any help. After all, I do feel a part of the blame for the old Chantry's loss does fall on my shoulders."

"I am sure you did all you could to save the Post Office Mr Wainwright, we all did."
The Etherite said then she nodded.
"I agree the Mercere probably want to continue with their operation as soon as possible, and I am sure they will be grateful for the offer of help to find a new home. But yes we need the Mercere in the area able to deliver mail, they do an important job."

He nodded, "A valid point. I suppose I would not want such a ship present for such a debacle, either - or perhaps I would want her waiting in the rafters in case urgen evacuations were needed in the region, should the worst happen. It would be inconvenient to have her trapped in port in Chicago if evacuations from Boston were necessary."

Samantha just nodded at that.

He grinned, "The designs of the Star Wars spaceships lend themselves more easily to model kits with small components, I suppose; the seams disappear in the uneven surfaces - but I far prefer designs that can be cast whole. I suppose that's my chosen profession that speaks, though...

"The Serafina was not cast though, my father said the forced each of her Primium plates by hard, you can feel the overlap between the outer plating if you touch the hull but she look like one piece at a distance. I guess it is different when it comes to models though."

Hum, there's a thought, actually; I might be able to cast a small silver replica of the Serafina to help with the cleansing; a simulacrum to which to try to transfer the lingering energies..."

"Like them...a Voodoo doll for ships?"
Samantha asked and raised an eyebrow.
"That would be something, do you really think that would work Sir?"

He nodded, "I suppose a chronomancer with a strong stomach might be able to tell... It's not like I could just say 'Praeterita rerum spectare' and get a glimpse of..."
((OOC: Time 2, not using a Focus (that monocle is still in the case), so diff 6? Arete roll comes to 5,6,7 - this might be disturbing - and a good opportunity for Colin to test out that second dot of Time that he's still not fully aware he has... Wink ))

Suddenly Samantha was not beside you, instead you saw a pretty woman with curly hair wearing a lab coat run down a hallway.
"Dr Kelly...our scans have picked up..."
She said then the scene shifted...swirled as if the vision was hard to hold onto, as if it wanted to escape your gaze.
"Marina...start the self destruct..."
A man that might be Dr Kelly shouted then there was another flash and you saw a man who might be Native American bend over a screen.
"That...dimension might be where the Caul send..."

Then you where back in the hallway on board the Serafina, you where in a most undignified way sitting on your butt while Samantha Kelly stook over you concerned.
"Mr Wainwright...Sir...are you alright? Please talk to me...wait here I am getting help..."
She said sounding concerned. Your head span a bit and your butt felt like if you had lost your footing and slammed it into the metal floor with some suddenness but you where completely alright, you did feel queasy though just a few seconds of hazy visions had given you a sense of...wrongness from what had happened to the Serafina and her crew...

He nodded slowly and plucked out the monocle, blinking a few times and casting a glance through the bit of polished glass, seeing a far narrower patch of the dark energies coating the material surfaces of the ship, "No, I suppose you are right, it will probably be quite a horrid thing to take in, all at once... Fortunately, that Rote is bound to the lens, so I can leave it up without actually looking... Doing it like that has its advantages in places like this, to be sure."
He sighed, "If you please, miss Kelly?"

Samantha nodded and opened the sliding door, the doorway gave a little hiss then let the pair of you enter a ordered, utilitarian engine room. You see several large machines, what looked like computers from 1960's TV shows and several switches and gears. On a pedestal was two cylinders placed into another piece of machinery, looking at those cylinders was like looking right into one of those Qlipottic rotes, it was just destruction and foulness manifested, and that was with the Quintessence still in it's protective vessels. Samantha hesitated then she went over to the pedestal and pulled out out of the cylinders.
"Here they are...the Quintessence batteries..."
She said looking disgusted.
"Are you sure you want these containers Sir?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:50 pm

"There was...allot of energies, and no coffee right now might not be the best thing, but eat and see if that settle you and if not take a few minutes to ground yourself properly."

"Yes, ma'am," he said with an agreeing nod. Yes, she was right; he probably was feeling a bit too good, for his own good. But he had no intention of not eating when he got to the office.

"Yes Sodalis please do, as soon as I am sure everyone who was a part of the ritual work have settled down I will be right up."
Crexia said..."I will probably help the Primus back to his chambers as well, but I should be up in Joakim's office in a few minutes."
She said and Martin looked at her for a moment then he said. "I can find the way to my own chambers you know." Crexia nodded. "As you will Martin."

"Very well, I'll do just that. If you'll excuse me then," he said with a half bow to her and then also to the Primus. "Sir, it was good to meet you." Then he gave a nod to the rest of his sodales also and took the bowls over to the Chief's office.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:56 pm

"Aunt Alexis have always treated me right at least and I have always known her to keep her word, if she promised you...to tell your family she will though I do hope you find a way to survive Sir."
Samantha said and sigh.
"Well in either case she is a good person and she will make a good Prima one day."
Colin smiled, "Well, I have a few contingency plans in the works; I've got twenty years to prepare, I think I might be able to arrange some sort of emergency extraction."

"I am sure you did all you could to save the Post Office Mr Wainwright, we all did."
The Etherite said then she nodded.
"I agree the Mercere probably want to continue with their operation as soon as possible, and I am sure they will be grateful for the offer of help to find a new home. But yes we need the Mercere in the area able to deliver mail, they do an important job."
He scratched his ear, slightly bashfully, "Er, actually, I was the one who had the Union drop a dozen HIT-Marks on the post office once I realized the Fallen had a second strike team waiting in the wings... In my defense, it was the most efficient way to get half a dozen Fallen, including Masters of the Art, dealt with at no direct cost to the Traditions, except an already lost Chantry... We did manage a complete evacuation first, though, and I'm fully aware there will be some very strongly worded critiques of my actions in that respect at a Tribunal. I'm fairly sure I can get away relatively unblemished, though."

"The Serafina was not cast though, my father said the forced each of her Primium plates by hard, you can feel the overlap between the outer plating if you touch the hull but she look like one piece at a distance. I guess it is different when it comes to models though."
He nodded, "There is no such thing as a seamless hull, even for a dinghy. There is, however, the distinction between a smoothly surfaced hull, and one with numerous protrusions, antennae and handholds sticking out. Scale models, yes, something like a Star Destroyer would have to be cast in an extremely small scale to avoid an unreasonable amount of filigree finishing work, whereas the Serafina could be made as a single piece with only minor finishing touches."

"Like them...a Voodoo doll for ships?"
Samantha asked and raised an eyebrow.
"That would be something, do you really think that would work Sir?"
He nodded, "A sliver of metal from the ship itself embedded in the miniature, and the shape a perfect to scale replica... I can't guarantee it will work, but I think it should have a good chance. Admittedly, just one might be a little insufficient, but it would be a start. In fact, I have just the rote which, with a little adjustment and a lot more power, could be a good starting point..."

Then you where back in the hallway on board the Serafina, you where in a most undignified way sitting on your butt while Samantha Kelly stook over you concerned.
"Mr Wainwright...Sir...are you alright? Please talk to me...wait here I am getting help..."
She said sounding concerned. Your head span a bit and your butt felt like if you had lost your footing and slammed it into the metal floor with some suddenness but you where completely alright, you did feel queasy though just a few seconds of hazy visions had given you a sense of...wrongness from what had happened to the Serafina and her crew...
He blinked, wobbling a bit on his seat, "Oh, God... I was wrong, I can see through time on my own now... A terrible way to discover that."
He ran a hand across his face, wiping a few beads of cold sweat away, "I'll.. be fine, I just discovered a new extent of my abilities... I... saw some of the crew's last moments. A curly-haried woman, your father, and some chap who might have been Native American, I think... They found something... your father ordered the self destruct activated... the other man suggested they found where the Caul sends... Oh, God, no wonder your father was... how the Hell did he even manage to get the Serafina out again?"
He frowned and carefully got back on his feet, swallowing hard, "No wonder the ship's so thoroughly tainted if that's truly what they found... I... think I might be able to divine more of what happened, but I'm certain it won't be pleasant... and it won't be today... but if you wish it, I think I can stomach finding out the series of events..."

Samantha nodded and opened the sliding door, the doorway gave a little hiss then let the pair of you enter a ordered, utilitarian engine room. You see several large machines, what looked like computers from 1960's TV shows and several switches and gears. On a pedestal was two cylinders placed into another piece of machinery, looking at those cylinders was like looking right into one of those Qlipottic rotes, it was just destruction and foulness manifested, and that was with the Quintessence still in it's protective vessels. Samantha hesitated then she went over to the pedestal and pulled out out of the cylinders.
"Here they are...the Quintessence batteries..."
She said looking disgusted.
"Are you sure you want these containers Sir?"
He grimaced and examined the valve to make sure it was closed, then gently mimicked Samantha's grip to pull out the other cylinder, checking that valve, too, "The Quintessence is horrid, but I can make use of it... Want them? Not remotely, no, but I am convinced they can be a priceless asset for such an assault, as a power source the Fallen won't expect. I'll do my very best to bring them back undamaged and emptied."
He pocketed the monocle and glanced around, slightly uneasy, "If that's the extent of the power reserves, I think it might be best if we return to Morningstar quickly... I should like some sort of carrying case or even shoulder straps arranged for these before we go into battle. And I'm feeling admittedly uncomfortable here..."

((OOC: Yup, that's a hell of a way to discover you can scry through time... Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:05 am

Adley:

"Yes, ma'am," he said with an agreeing nod. Yes, she was right; he probably was feeling a bit too good, for his own good. But he had no intention of not eating when he got to the office.

Crexia gave you a smile and a nod at that.

Very well, I'll do just that. If you'll excuse me then," he said with a half bow to her and then also to the Primus. "Sir, it was good to meet you." Then he gave a nod to the rest of his sodales also and took the bowls over to the Chief's office.

"Off Course Sodalis."
Crexia said and nodded. Martin inclined his head to you.
"You as well Mr Roth Hicks."
He said politely.

As you leave the dining room you see that Chief Joakim as on his way down the stairs towards the lobby, he heads over to you when he sees you.
"Mr Roth Hicks...you are done then...hum...going to my office to talk perhaps?"
He suggested and lead the way, once there when he had consed the door he asked.
"Did all go well Sodalis?"

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Well, I have a few contingency plans in the works; I've got twenty years to prepare, I think I might be able to arrange some sort of emergency extraction."

"That is good to hear Sir."

He scratched his ear, slightly bashfully, "Er, actually, I was the one who had the Union drop a dozen HIT-Marks on the post office once I realized the Fallen had a second strike team waiting in the wings... In my defense, it was the most efficient way to get half a dozen Fallen, including Masters of the Art, dealt with at no direct cost to the Traditions, except an already lost Chantry... We did manage a complete evacuation first, though, and I'm fully aware there will be some very strongly worded critiques of my actions in that respect at a Tribunal. I'm fairly sure I can get away relatively unblemished, though."

Samantha just looked at you for a moment at the pure incredulousness of it then she carked a smile.
"Well I can see how that would let us eliminate enemies from both sides with no cost to us, and the Post Office was already lost but how on earth did you manage to pull that one of Mr Wainwright?"
She asked then she shook her head.
"Well in either case I hope you are not allergic to finger wagging, I bet there will be allot of finger wagging in your general direction at that Tribunal."

He nodded, "There is no such thing as a seamless hull, even for a dinghy. There is, however, the distinction between a smoothly surfaced hull, and one with numerous protrusions, antennae and handholds sticking out. Scale models, yes, something like a Star Destroyer would have to be cast in an extremely small scale to avoid an unreasonable amount of filigree finishing work, whereas the Serafina could be made as a single piece with only minor finishing touches."

"Yes I guess so Sir...I have never done allot of models, but I guess you are right the Senefina could be modeled in one piece."

He nodded, "A sliver of metal from the ship itself embedded in the miniature, and the shape a perfect to scale replica... I can't guarantee it will work, but I think it should have a good chance. Admittedly, just one might be a little insufficient, but it would be a start. In fact, I have just the rote which, with a little adjustment and a lot more power, could be a good starting point..."

"Well it is not a part of my own Paradigm, but I am sure it could work for someone, I have heard of stranger things used for magick, and whatever works for the individual right."
The Etherite said though she still sounded a bit doubtful.

He blinked, wobbling a bit on his seat, "Oh, God... I was wrong, I can see through time on my own now... A terrible way to discover that."
He ran a hand across his face, wiping a few beads of cold sweat away, "I'll.. be fine, I just discovered a new extent of my abilities... I... saw some of the crew's last moments. A curly-haried woman, your father, and some chap who might have been Native American, I think... They found something... your father ordered the self destruct activated... the other man suggested they found where the Caul sends... Oh, God, no wonder your father was... how the Hell did he even manage to get the Serafina out again?"

"I...you saw them Sir...a curly haired woman that sounds like Marina Westgate and the man you describe was Kenneth Gray Eagle, both of them where Etherite Scientists that worked on my father's crew...you saw him as well Sir...my father but..."
Samantha said and wiped tears from her eyes.
"Where the Cauls send...oh god...but my father is not Fallen, his Avatar is perfectly fine, if frustrated since it's host is kept in a coma, he is in a Quiet induced by Jhor but not Fallen, how could they have been...oh my poor father..."
She muttered sounding shocked.

He frowned and carefully got back on his feet, swallowing hard, "No wonder the ship's so thoroughly tainted if that's truly what they found... I... think I might be able to divine more of what happened, but I'm certain it won't be pleasant... and it won't be today... but if you wish it, I think I can stomach finding out the series of events..."

Samantha offered you a hand to help you up.
"How on earth did they get out...I would like that to know more...well like is not the right word Sir...but I would want to know what happened to my father perhaps then I...will be able to let him go."

He grimaced and examined the valve to make sure it was closed, then gently mimicked Samantha's grip to pull out the other cylinder, checking that valve, too, "The Quintessence is horrid, but I can make use of it... Want them? Not remotely, no, but I am convinced they can be a priceless asset for such an assault, as a power source the Fallen won't expect. I'll do my very best to bring them back undamaged and emptied."

"Very well Mr Wainwright...do be careful with them though, all in all you have 44 drams of corrupted Quintessence here...that can cause a whole lot of trouble."
Samantha warned. The valves felt pretty secure as you tested them.
"Getting them back undamaged would be a boon but try to get back undamaged yourself as well."

He pocketed the monocle and glanced around, slightly uneasy, "If that's the extent of the power reserves, I think it might be best if we return to Morningstar quickly... I should like some sort of carrying case or even shoulder straps arranged for these before we go into battle. And I'm feeling admittedly uncomfortable here..."

"Yes let us go Sir...is is not good to be here to long, and try not to do magick in here again unless you want Jhor as well."
"I can manufacture something to hold them in once we get back to Morningstar."
She offered and turned to leave.
"Yes it is the only quickly available Quint...you can find more in the ship system but that will take longer to extract."

(OOC: He did not see the worst of it...)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:04 am

As you leave the dining room you see that Chief Joakim as on his way down the stairs towards the lobby, he heads over to you when he sees you. "Mr Roth Hicks...you are done then...hum...going to my office to talk perhaps?" He suggested and lead the way, once there when he had consed the door he asked. "Did all go well Sodalis?"

"That's correct sir," he said. "I was just going up to your office, so that sounds good to me." He fell into step until they got inside the office and the door was shut behind them. He offered out the other bowl of oatmeal towards him. "Courtesy of the Lady and kudos to the cook who had it waiting for us. I was told to finish mine, I admit I do need to settle a bit more, if you don't mind me eating while we talk. But yes, everything went well." He flashed him a grin, then juggled the bowl a moment before putting it onto the edge of the desk. He took his notebook and then wrote out a brief overview of their working on a page he pulled from it and he pushed the note over towards the Chief as he took the bowl back to eat some more.

'There are three units made enchanted for the cattleprod idea and several banishings ready. The Lady will be up shortly with those items. I also got a message that said the 'guest' left and if we could ready within the hour, all the better. What has transpired? And where are my amicii, sir?'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:40 am

Samantha just looked at you for a moment at the pure incredulousness of it then she carked a smile.
"Well I can see how that would let us eliminate enemies from both sides with no cost to us, and the Post Office was already lost but how on earth did you manage to pull that one of Mr Wainwright?"
She asked then she shook her head.
"Well in either case I hope you are not allergic to finger wagging, I bet there will be allot of finger wagging in your general direction at that Tribunal."
Colin smiled carefully, "Arranging it was the easy part, actually... We were en route to the Post Office after learning the Fallen had backup waiting in the Umbra, when we came across two Technocrats who were watching the Chantry. First thinking they were Fallen, we moved to capture; moving van with prepared Mages inside versus two unsuspecting pedestrians... they were easily overpowered and brought to surrender. We were relieved when we learned our error, and convinced them to send in their best and brightest to smack the Fallen, after a few minutes' wait, so we could finish evacuation. I... was shown a scrying on what happened, later. It was... gruesome. Those Technocrats' deaths will weight on me for some time, however tactically sound it was; better them than us, but they were still people. Honourable ones, at that; they timed their strike precisely as agreed..."

"Well it is not a part of my own Paradigm, but I am sure it could work for someone, I have heard of stranger things used for magick, and whatever works for the individual right."
The Etherite said though she still sounded a bit doubtful.
He smiled, "The principle of sympathetic magic is simple enough; not much different than tracking someone by their own blood, really. Or in this case, I suppose it could be more accurately likened to syncing a Bluetooth device."

"I...you saw them Sir...a curly haired woman that sounds like Marina Westgate and the man you describe was Kenneth Gray Eagle, both of them where Etherite Scientists that worked on my father's crew...you saw him as well Sir...my father but..."
Samantha said and wiped tears from her eyes.
"Where the Cauls send...oh god...but my father is not Fallen, his Avatar is perfectly fine, if frustrated since it's host is kept in a coma, he is in a Quiet induced by Jhor but not Fallen, how could they have been...oh my poor father..."
She muttered sounding shocked.
He nodded, eyes distant, "I can't say whether mr. Gray Eagle was right, but... I would hypothesize that since they did not enter through a Caul, there was nothing... waiting to pluck their Avatars apart, only the lingering echoes of thousands upon thousands of Avatars being... torn apart, wrung and sloppily reassembled... A Hell dimension still, but without a personal demon to torment them..."
He pondered, "Why didn't the self destruct mechanism work, though... were the ship's logs extracted?"

Samantha offered you a hand to help you up.
"How on earth did they get out...I would like that to know more...well like is not the right word Sir...but I would want to know what happened to my father perhaps then I...will be able to let him go."
He accepted her hand and got up, only wobbling slightly with unexpected vertigo, "I think 'need' is the more accurate term, yes... I'll admit to some curiosity of my own, but... not today. Not when there's so much present horror to deal with."

"Very well Mr Wainwright...do be careful with them though, all in all you have 44 drams of corrupted Quintessence here...that can cause a whole lot of trouble."
Samantha warned. The valves felt pretty secure as you tested them.
"Getting them back undamaged would be a boon but try to get back undamaged yourself as well."
He gave an impressed whistle, "That's quite a lot... Are the tanks full, though? It would seem to me such a ship would be needing substantially more for a long journey."
He smiled wryly, "Yes, I believe if I were to get myself killed in action, my girlfriend would murder me... I'll do my best to avoid damage to these, though - I can't promise I won't need to detonate the whole thing in one go, but I doubt I'd risk such an uncontrollable detonation."

"Yes let us go Sir...is is not good to be here to long, and try not to do magick in here again unless you want Jhor as well."
"I can manufacture something to hold them in once we get back to Morningstar."
She offered and turned to leave.
"Yes it is the only quickly available Quint...you can find more in the ship system but that will take longer to extract."
He nodded, "I'll hold off on further magic in here, though I'd like to do a quick scouring once we're clear of the ship, before returning to Morningstar. No time to waste, though; what's left in the ship's system will have to be coaxed out later."

((OOC: Obviously, since the crew were still unharmed in all three flashes... bloody Event Horizon, all over again...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:05 pm

Adley:

"That's correct sir," he said. "I was just going up to your office, so that sounds good to me." He fell into step until they got inside the office and the door was shut

"Well then if you would follow me Sodalis."
Joakim said as he lead the way into his simple office.

He offered out the other bowl of oatmeal towards him. "Courtesy of the Lady and kudos to the cook who had it waiting for us. I was told to finish mine, I admit I do need to settle a bit more, if you don't mind me eating while we talk.

Joakim accepted the bowl of oatmeal and smiled.
"Mirri always knows when someone want a bite to eat and what they will want, it is a gift. I will have to remember to thank them both."
He said and sat down.
"I do not mind at all, and if you have been involved in massive ritual work you probably need it."

But yes, everything went well." He flashed him a grin, then juggled the bowl a moment before putting it onto the edge of the desk. He took his notebook and then wrote out a brief overview of their working on a page he pulled from it and he pushed the note over towards the Chief as he took the bowl back to eat some more.

"Please have a seat Sodalis, my chairs a plain but they have to be better than standing while eating."
The old hedge wizard said and indicated on of the chairs in front of his desk with his hand, then he took the note you had written and read it. The taste of the oatmeal made you think of a memory that was not yours, of early mornings spent eating porridge with Carmon, before he was Carmon while he and your former incarnation was just apprentices, most of the time that porridge was not sweet like this one was though, but now and again the cook got some apples that she would stew and put into the porridge, that was a fine treat for two growing boys. You remember one morning where your...his the so far unnamed Nubian's Mentor had beaten him for some slight, you remember Carmon digging the apple pieces out of his own porridge to put into yours, a simple gesture and the only bit of comfort the young apprentice could offer his friend. The memory felt real...and yet it was not yours and it vanished into the background just as soon as it had appeared, like dew on a hot summer morning.

'There are three units made enchanted for the cattleprod idea and several banishings ready. The Lady will be up shortly with those items. I also got a message that said the 'guest' left and if we could ready within the hour, all the better. What has transpired? And where are my amicii, sir?'

"Tree units? That is good. I will discuss how these resources will be placed among the strike team with Lady Crexia when she gets here then."
Joakim said and nodded, he tapped the part of the note he was replying to.
"The guest that was here was indeed from the household of the Jade Demon, he came to tell us that his master is tired of Abigail's antics and that he is planning an attack, now in a little under an hour, we have reason to think he is being truthful. We where unable to capture the messenger though, perhaps for the best considering the resources we would use to keep him captive. We can not trust the Jade Demon and not cooperate with him directly but we can attack at the same time, it might be a boon for us, though a risky one."
The Security Chief said then he tapped the next question with a long, thin finger.
"Mr Wainwright is speaking with Miss Kelly about some tainted vis he plans to make a bomb out of and Mr Terach is meditating to center himself, he should be up in the dining room shortly. I think Miss Mundis are still resting."

Colin:

Colin smiled carefully, "Arranging it was the easy part, actually... We were en route to the Post Office after learning the Fallen had backup waiting in the Umbra, when we came across two Technocrats who were watching the Chantry. First thinking they were Fallen, we moved to capture; moving van with prepared Mages inside versus two unsuspecting pedestrians... they were easily overpowered and brought to surrender. We were relieved when we learned our error, and convinced them to send in their best and brightest to smack the Fallen, after a few minutes' wait, so we could finish evacuation.

"Hum...a lucky coincidence then Sir?"
Samantha asked and nodded.
"I am glad they kept their words and gave us time to evacuate though, I would not have liked to end my days at the receiving end of a Primium bullet, though I guess there is worse ways to go...a risky move though a rather clever one, though again there will be finger wagging, oh so much finger wagging."

I... was shown a scrying on what happened, later. It was... gruesome. Those Technocrats' deaths will weight on me for some time, however tactically sound it was; better them than us, but they were still people. Honourable ones, at that; they timed their strike precisely as agreed..."

"Yeah it is a shame they did not make it...I do not agree with the Technocracy in many things, but they are not like the Nephandi, they mean well, and if the Union had not decided that Ether was a concept that had to be removed from the Consensus, I might have been a Technocrat, and perhaps the Union would have been different if my Tradition had not left in protest."
Samantha muttered and looked down.
"At least their deaths did some good, I will assume they took out some of the Fallen as well."

He smiled, "The principle of sympathetic magic is simple enough; not much different than tracking someone by their own blood, really. Or in this case, I suppose it could be more accurately likened to syncing a Bluetooth device."

"Ah...then I get it..."
Samantha said at your bluetooth example.
"I might not be able to be of much help with such a cleansing though but if you think it will work then I am all for it as long as you do not put yourself in any danger of Jhor by doing it Sir."

He nodded, eyes distant, "I can't say whether mr. Gray Eagle was right, but... I would hypothesize that since they did not enter through a Caul, there was nothing... waiting to pluck their Avatars apart, only the lingering echoes of thousands upon thousands of Avatars being... torn apart, wrung and sloppily reassembled... A Hell dimension still, but without a personal demon to torment them..."

"That is terrible, it is good that their Avatars is safe, but still...I do wonder how they could have ended up in such a place though, they are on an expedition to find a material that some explorers had found traces of, a material which can be refined to something similar to Primium but with much greater ease, it would have been revolutionary for ship building, how did metal hunting send the to a hell dimension?"
Samantha asked sadly and looked down.

He pondered, "Why didn't the self destruct mechanism work, though... were the ship's logs extracted?"

"Many of the ship systems where off line, it could have failed. As for the ship logs, yes they where, but the data was to corrupted to read, Master Harris tried but had to give up getting anything out of them. We put a USB pen with the files under Master William's bed for a few weeks, he is so Static that things tend to sort out and find it's proper place around him and afterwards we got some snippets, but only from the days leading up to the disaster, the data of the disaster itself are just gone, perhaps they did not have time to record anything."

He accepted her hand and got up, only wobbling slightly with unexpected vertigo, "I think 'need' is the more accurate term, yes... I'll admit to some curiosity of my own, but... not today. Not when there's so much present horror to deal with."

"Yes indeed...not today...I would welcome your help at some other date though, if you think you are up to it Sir, and I will find some way to repay you."
Samantha said, her eyes still sad and she looked a bit out of it after what she had learned about her father's fate.

He gave an impressed whistle, "That's quite a lot... Are the tanks full, though? It would seem to me such a ship would be needing substantially more for a long journey."

"They are not full, they are at a quarter capacity, a Umbral ship this large is expensive to run."
Samantha explained.
"The rest are either in the ship systems or was used during the ill fated expedition."

He smiled wryly, "Yes, I believe if I were to get myself killed in action, my girlfriend would murder me... I'll do my best to avoid damage to these, though - I can't promise I won't need to detonate the whole thing in one go, but I doubt I'd risk such an uncontrollable detonation."

"You better avoid angering her then."
Samantha said with a grin.
"I appreciate it though if you need to blow them out to take a chunk out of the Labyrinth do it, new ones can be made and the most important thing is to take out the Fallen...do you get how the valves work, it is pretty much as with gas tanks."

He nodded, "I'll hold off on further magic in here, though I'd like to do a quick scouring once we're clear of the ship, before returning to Morningstar. No time to waste, though; what's left in the ship's system will have to be coaxed out later."

"Very well, let us get out of here then."
Samantha said and begun to show the way out of the ship, as you got back to the corridor you had your vision in you see a pine cone laying on the ground, a small, simple pine cone, you where rather sure there where no such thing on the floor earlier though.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I have been rather swamped this morning and have had several appointments.)

(OOC 2: Well we can put Colin to clean up the Event Horizon as well. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:35 pm

"Hum...a lucky coincidence then Sir?"
Samantha asked and nodded.
"I am glad they kept their words and gave us time to evacuate though, I would not have liked to end my days at the receiving end of a Primium bullet, though I guess there is worse ways to go...a risky move though a rather clever one, though again there will be finger wagging, oh so much finger wagging."
Colin smiled thinly, "Well, I would not have been much better off, since I leaped into the lion's mouth to make sure everyone got out safely. And compared to letting the Fallen have their way with the place uninterrupted, and search for what they wanted in peace... I do think the Mercere will support my judgment call, since it led to the whole place being... thoroughly demolished."

"Yeah it is a shame they did not make it...I do not agree with the Technocracy in many things, but they are not like the Nephandi, they mean well, and if the Union had not decided that Ether was a concept that had to be removed from the Consensus, I might have been a Technocrat, and perhaps the Union would have been different if my Tradition had not left in protest."
Samantha muttered and looked down.
"At least their deaths did some good, I will assume they took out some of the Fallen as well."
He nodded, "The Fallen were either killed on the spot, or so saturated with Paradox they'll be very busy not irritating Reality for months. I will light candles for those Union members who died there; it's the least I can do..."

"Ah...then I get it..."
Samantha said at your bluetooth example.
"I might not be able to be of much help with such a cleansing though but if you think it will work then I am all for it as long as you do not put yourself in any danger of Jhor by doing it Sir."
He nodded, "I will be extremely cautious. But I do believe it has a better than average chance of success."

"That is terrible, it is good that their Avatars is safe, but still...I do wonder how they could have ended up in such a place though, they are on an expedition to find a material that some explorers had found traces of, a material which can be refined to something similar to Primium but with much greater ease, it would have been revolutionary for ship building, how did metal hunting send the to a hell dimension?"
Samantha asked sadly and looked down.
He frowned, "Hard to say... Perhaps the material was related to that... biomass the Fallen use? If so, that would explain some of why they wound up... where they did."

"Yes indeed...not today...I would welcome your help at some other date though, if you think you are up to it Sir, and I will find some way to repay you."
Samantha said, her eyes still sad and she looked a bit out of it after what she had learned about her father's fate.
He nodded, "I will do what I can; I can promise no more - even I have my limits, after all... and we'll work something out."

"They are not full, they are at a quarter capacity, a Umbral ship this large is expensive to run."
Samantha explained.
"The rest are either in the ship systems or was used during the ill fated expedition."
He nodded, "So a couple hundred drams when she's filled up... That's a lot of power, alright, and I'm guessing she's got rather good fuel economy, too."

"You better avoid angering her then."
Samantha said with a grin.
"I appreciate it though if you need to blow them out to take a chunk out of the Labyrinth do it, new ones can be made and the most important thing is to take out the Fallen...do you get how the valves work, it is pretty much as with gas tanks."
He nodded and tapped a bit at the end of the tank, "If I understood the schematics you showed me correctly, it's this little knob here, correct? A clockwise twist to open, a counterclockwise twist to close?"

"Very well, let us get out of here then."
Samantha said and begun to show the way out of the ship, as you got back to the corridor you had your vision in you see a pine cone laying on the ground, a small, simple pine cone, you where rather sure there where no such thing on the floor earlier though.
He halted, holding his arm out before Samantha, "What the actual f... miss Kelly, do you see that pine cone, as well? It seems we are not alone..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next