Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

4 posters

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 20 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:53 pm

"I know you want to know what's going to happen first but I still don't so..."

"Well I do not like it Sodalis, I do not like it one bit but I will leave what happens with the pine cone to you and Mr Wainwright and I guess we are just going to have to work around it."
Joakim said.
"I guess at times one have to take a leap of faith though it is not my favorite thing to do in the world."

"Right..." he agreed.

He replied through the same note. 'It might be something that can affect many but it still seems to be something to only use under specific circumstances. I don't think it will fit those, if we are lucky nothing will happen but if not we stand to lose something critical.

"Hum...I do not like taking one more variable into battle but I guess we have no choice since we know so little about this pine cone and testing it seams to be out of the question if we bring it to the Labyrinth we do so blind...let us just hope it can help us not not harm our efforts."
The hedge wizards and and sigh again, he did not look like he like the situation much as he handed your note back and went to fill a cup of coffee for himself.

'I don't know exactly. What I do know is that the quintessence had that effect that I saw. I assume it being healthy and green was its former state but it was only a flash, before it went to the well, I would suppose. At any rate, using Quintessence to activate it makes fundamental sense.'

"Well it makes sense to me, Quintessence is the keystone of all magic...what you saw...I have never heard of anything like that before though."
The Security Chief said before he sat down and sipped his coffee.
"I guess we are bringing a mystery piece with us then...if we are taking the cone to the fight at all."

(OOC: Ok just checking to make sure we both remember it correctly.)
(OOC 2: Yeah I mean it is not that guy's fault it is probably not fun to be that big, but I do not like to touch stangers.)
(OOC 3: Yeah I hope you will get better soon Warp.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 20 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:08 am

((OOC: Son of a... I was so sure I posted from work yesterday? Did the network eat it? :/ ))

"You do have a point Mr Wainwright, this whole situation with the Serafina do make me uneasy though, something just feel off to me."
Colin nodded, "Nothing wrong with feeling that way - the Serafina is a disturbing place."

"Ah yes Master Ir. I have not wanted to suggjest showing the pine cone to him out of fear it might affect his Avatar for if it do his soul is likely to strike out, or to put it in another way, the last time something affect his Avatar...well one of them where quite literary sent through a wall and he was the lucky one."
Joakim said in a serious tone of voice.
"You are welcome to ask him about it though if you feel it will do any good and are willing to accept the risk..."
He grimaced, "Ehhh, I actually actually had someone of more... modest threat levels in mind, such as Mr. Bachmeier or Adley's youngest brother... I'd be wary of meeting Master Ir due to my Avatar alone, waving a potentially soul-shaking item in his face on top of that would be akin to playing the part of dragon bait..."

"I hope so my good man for what we have for now is one big mystery, and while fascinating I fear we lack some of the key knowledge to be able to rely on it in battle, and if it is something meant to help us it seams it also want us to take a leap of faith and I do not do well with those."
He frowned, "Future Freddy said I couldn't have all the answers; that a Leap of Faith was crucial for Beatrice, Anna, Kyle and... one other not yet born to find their own path to mending their Avatars. Leaps of Faith are... sometimes crucial, I think."

"We can hope so, even so it is a risk to take..."
The Security Chief commented.
"Though I guess that chances are that in the middle of having their labyrinth invaded they will not have much time to think about it, it is more in the event that we loose I am worried, where they have time to figure it out."
He shook his head, "I think that might be an insignificant threat, in the big picture - if we lose this battle, there's all the greater chance Larson will succeed, in which case I don't think the pine cone will be a problem anymore... And I do believe we'll win, it's just the cost that worries me. A lot."

Joakim raised an eyebrow.
"Whatever Mr Roth Hicks wrote it seams what we have gentlemen are more questions around this pine cone and even fewer answers?"
He asked and shook his head.
"A memory catalyst? For what how it was to not be corrupted? I guess that would work, it might stop a Nephandus in her track for a little while..."
He nodded, "After a fashion, yes..."

"As I said, yes, but no," he said, frowning a little at the paper in Colin's hand. He looked a bit more grave if that were possible. "It was simply a meditative exercise...more questions arise," he said, then looked back down at the pine cone in his hand. Then he wrote out to Colin again, 'Yes, it is a catalyst that I agree but it is more than a memory. Memory implies time and the mind, but this is also spiritual and eternal. But it seems that we need to be most careful about planting this seed. Did F. say which Labyrinth to bring this to? There are two now to consider, after all...and L. is the one that is trying to release an Aswadim through some huge ritual, which would imply world-ending. What can be done once can be done again...that seems very important. It's been entrusted to you to take care of until the right time'
He pondered, "Both, I think... Her exact words were 'Bring it with you Colin, it will be a beacon of light in the darkness and might even remind a lost soul of what it was, for just one moment...' - I think it most likely the lost soul in question is that of miss Carlyle, though..."

"The question are if we can find some answers to those questions and if those answers can get us closer to preventing Abigail and this Lisa Larson from destroying the world as we know it. Listen it is not my place to try pry and you do not have to tell me more about your vision than you feel comfortable with, but I have to know if this is leading to something we can use against the Labyrinths."
Joakim muttered in an urgent tone of voice, the spiritual aspects of the cone was fascinating but important as it may be the minutes was ticking away until the time the Jade Demon would make his attack on Abigail's stronghold, if his envoy had spoken true, and members for the strike team and a completed plan of attack was not established yet.
"We need to deal with this Nephandi infestation, or that pine cone will do no one any good, the question now is if it will help us do just that."
"Sir, I wasn't being flippant when I said yes, but no. No, but yes, nor a I waxing abstractly about spiritual matters for no reason," he said, glancing at Colin with his note, to see if he thought he should show him.
He nodded and passed the note along, "Sorry, here. It's a lot to take in... I think it just might help, but not in the most direct of ways."

"It was a strange evening and a strange night and it seams like it might turn out to be an equally strange morning, let us hope it turn out to be to our benefit."
He said as you and your Cabalmate decided on whatever or not to show him the notes.
"Coffee gentlemen?"
He nodded, "Yes, please, half a cup... I need something solid on the way out, too; perhaps miss Mirri has a few sandwiches packed..."

Joakim grinned a bit at that.
"No, each Monday where where is actually a reality to complain in will be a blessing."
He said and took the offered notes and read them over.
"Hum...activating it with Quintessence, that might work and it might be worth a shot, the question then is if we should try that around a Fallen prisoner or just somewhere somewhat safe, or hold off on testing it."
The old hedge wizard said and sat down to wait for his coffee to be done.
"If you are thinking it need a set of circumstances to be of use to us Sodalis then just activating it out of the blue might not be wise..."
He said and sigh then he read again something you had written and looked at you.
"This would be Miss Warden correct the woman who attacked Mr Wainwright? You saw her Avatar as it once was?"
He asked sounding curious.
"How could that be?"
He pondered and held out his hand to Adley, gesturing for the pine cone, "I suspect it needs personal Quintessence for that - a more precious resource right now than Tass. Adding to the likelyhood it will require specific circumstances to work, I don't think we should spend precious time testing it... I just might figure it out in time. Freddy was quite optimistic about that - I'd hate to disappoint her."
He frowned, "Seeing it for what it was... Perhaps the Caul's work was imperfect? We've met a few Fallen who seem... incompletely corrupted, and with Adley's... inheritance, he might have a hitherto unknown ability to tug at Avatars' proverbial heartstrings to remind them of what they were and can be again... Perhaps the pine cone does the exactly same thing, only instantaneously. Warden was stalled for a little while as Adley worked on her - perhaps his ability is akin to psychotherapy?"

"Hum...I do not like taking one more variable into battle but I guess we have no choice since we know so little about this pine cone and testing it seams to be out of the question if we bring it to the Labyrinth we do so blind...let us just hope it can help us not not harm our efforts."
The hedge wizards and and sigh again, he did not look like he like the situation much as he handed your note back and went to fill a cup of coffee for himself.
He smiled wryly, "I'm fairly certain the future Freddy would not steer me wrong like that..."

"Well it makes sense to me, Quintessence is the keystone of all magic...what you saw...I have never heard of anything like that before though."
The Security Chief said before he sat down and sipped his coffee.
"I guess we are bringing a mystery piece with us then...if we are taking the cone to the fight at all."
He nodded, "I'm bringing a pine cone to a gunfight... I might not take it out, but for now, I don't think I'm going to let it out of my sight until I'm back with Beatrice..."

((OOC2: Ick, cramped seating space... Glad you're home intact.))
((OOC3: Oh, I'm good now - but I wonder what happened to the post I wrote yesterday. Though, it WAS a long, hectic workday...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:26 am

Colin nodded, "Nothing wrong with feeling that way - the Serafina is a disturbing place."

"So it is, especially considering all who died there and where you say that ship might have been."
Joakim said and frowned.

He grimaced, "Ehhh, I actually actually had someone of more... modest threat levels in mind, such as Mr. Bachmeier or Adley's youngest brother... I'd be wary of meeting Master Ir due to my Avatar alone, waving a potentially soul-shaking item in his face on top of that would be akin to playing the part of dragon bait..."

"Hum...ah young Mr Bachmeier that could work but I heard he was in the hospital...Mr Roth Hicks' younger brother? Oh yes it was mentioned that Master Morgan had taken a new apprentice, a widderslainte? Yes that would probably be a better solution yes...hum...it seams that young widderslainte is popping up like toadstools as of late."
The hedge wizard said and looked a bit puzzled.

He frowned, "Future Freddy said I couldn't have all the answers; that a Leap of Faith was crucial for Beatrice, Anna, Kyle and... one other not yet born to find their own path to mending their Avatars. Leaps of Faith are... sometimes crucial, I think."

"Hum...that is interesting, I guess a leap of faith it is then, the question is if we are going to risk bringing it the pine cone to the Labyrinth then if it is that important."
He said and frowned.

He shook his head, "I think that might be an insignificant threat, in the big picture - if we lose this battle, there's all the greater chance Larson will succeed, in which case I don't think the pine cone will be a problem anymore... And I do believe we'll win, it's just the cost that worries me. A lot."

"Well if we looks and Larson not only keep her ally but also get that...book...that will be even worse. Yes hopefully we will win but we can not take that for granted, even if you have seen our victory in a vision Mr Wainwright and yes I to worry what the cost of this fight will be but I am also concerned on whatever or not we will will, especially considering Miss Carlyle."

He nodded, "After a fashion, yes..."

Joakim looked at you for a moment then he nodded.

He pondered, "Both, I think... Her exact words were 'Bring it with you Colin, it will be a beacon of light in the darkness and might even remind a lost soul of what it was, for just one moment...' - I think it most likely the lost soul in question is that of miss Carlyle, though..."

"Hum...interesting that can indeed indicate that the pine cone will help us in the Labyrinth...if we can figure out how it should be used that is, and if it could help us with Mattea Carlyle that would be a great boon for us."
Joakim said and sigh.
"I guess we are bringing it then Mr Wainwright even if I do not like to take an unknown with me into a fight."

He nodded and passed the note along, "Sorry, here. It's a lot to take in... I think it just might help, but not in the most direct of ways."

Joakim read the note and raised and eyebrow, he eventually gave the note back to Adley and looked at him for a moment.
"Well that answered some question but raised others...what is it that was done before that can be done again...how do you interpret what you saw Mr Roth Hicks?"
He asked.

He nodded, "Yes, please, half a cup... I need something solid on the way out, too; perhaps miss Mirri has a few sandwiches packed..."

"I think there are sandwiches out in the cafeteria yes."
Joakim said as he stood and found another cup and poured half a cup of coffee and handed to you.
"Here you go."

He frowned, "Seeing it for what it was... Perhaps the Caul's work was imperfect? We've met a few Fallen who seem... incompletely corrupted, and with Adley's... inheritance, he might have a hitherto unknown ability to tug at Avatars' proverbial heartstrings to remind them of what they were and can be again... Perhaps the pine cone does the exactly same thing, only instantaneously. Warden was stalled for a little while as Adley worked on her - perhaps his ability is akin to psychotherapy?"

"Yes I have been considering something similar during this discussion, and yes it do seam some are incompletely corrupted...almost like when you make egg decorations for Easter and you dip eggs in water with dye and there often are a few un dyed spots on the shell, like that but with a soul...perhaps the pine cone can find those spots and remind the Fallen soul of what it once was...that is possible..."
Joakim said before he looked at Adley.
"And who know what Mr Roth Hicks' heritage will enable him to do...hum..."

He smiled wryly, "I'm fairly certain the future Freddy would not steer me wrong like that..."

"No future Miss Adlebloom probably would not, even so I have more questions than answers and I do not like it."
The old hedge wizard grumbled.

He nodded, "I'm bringing a pine cone to a gunfight... I might not take it out, but for now, I don't think I'm going to let it out of my sight until I'm back with Beatrice..."

"Very well...I guess that is how it is going to be then, me liking it or not, I guess it is time to go and talk with the rest of those that are going to the Labyrinth to finish forming our plan of attack and get this show on the road, but damn you have a wild card there and that do not please me."

(OOC: If you just press send at times something go wrong and then the post just gets eaten. I always copy my posts before sending them and then wait to see that it have uploaded correctly just to be sure. Oh and I am glad you are feeling better. Also thank you. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:50 pm

"So it is, especially considering all who died there and where you say that ship might have been."
Joakim said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Going in to try to divine the full chain of events will be... unpleasant, but I have a few ideas as for how to soften the impact... All in due time."

"Hum...ah young Mr Bachmeier that could work but I heard he was in the hospital...Mr Roth Hicks' younger brother? Oh yes it was mentioned that Master Morgan had taken a new apprentice, a widderslainte? Yes that would probably be a better solution yes...hum...it seams that young widderslainte is popping up like toadstools as of late."
The hedge wizard said and looked a bit puzzled.
He shrugged, "If Beatrice Alexander is a good yardstick for the reincarnation time, why, one might almost think something happened sometime around the 1940s that led to massive casualties among the Fallen, letting them be reborn en masse these days..."

"Well if we looks and Larson not only keep her ally but also get that...book...that will be even worse. Yes hopefully we will win but we can not take that for granted, even if you have seen our victory in a vision Mr Wainwright and yes I to worry what the cost of this fight will be but I am also concerned on whatever or not we will will, especially considering Miss Carlyle."
He grinned wryly, "Somehow, the chance of the Fallen getting their hands on it like that seems negligible... They're not getting Adley, and if they were to somehow get the pine cone... well, how likely would you be to keep an item that kept berating your soul for your poor life choices?"

"Hum...interesting that can indeed indicate that the pine cone will help us in the Labyrinth...if we can figure out how it should be used that is, and if it could help us with Mattea Carlyle that would be a great boon for us."
Joakim said and sigh.
"I guess we are bringing it then Mr Wainwright even if I do not like to take an unknown with me into a fight."
He nodded, "Unknowns are tricky things, but the advantage of bringing such a wild card is that we know we have it - which is one more thing than the enemy knows. Brazen bluffs have won battles before."

Joakim read the note and raised and eyebrow, he eventually gave the note back to Adley and looked at him for a moment.
"Well that answered some question but raised others...what is it that was done before that can be done again...how do you interpret what you saw Mr Roth Hicks?"
He asked.
He arched an eyebrow at Adley, waiting for a reply before speculating himself.

"I think there are sandwiches out in the cafeteria yes."
Joakim said as he stood and found another cup and poured half a cup of coffee and handed to you.
"Here you go."
He accepted the cup and blew lightly on the coffee before taking a sip... and once he deemed it cooled enough, gulped down the mug. "Thank you. I needed a little pick-me-up."

"Yes I have been considering something similar during this discussion, and yes it do seam some are incompletely corrupted...almost like when you make egg decorations for Easter and you dip eggs in water with dye and there often are a few un dyed spots on the shell, like that but with a soul...perhaps the pine cone can find those spots and remind the Fallen soul of what it once was...that is possible..."
Joakim said before he looked at Adley.
"And who know what Mr Roth Hicks' heritage will enable him to do...hum..."
He nodded, "Perhaps a more apt comparison would be a smashed vase, sloppily glued together again - some pieces will be bigger than the others, giving a better picture of what the vase originally looked like..."

"Very well...I guess that is how it is going to be then, me liking it or not, I guess it is time to go and talk with the rest of those that are going to the Labyrinth to finish forming our plan of attack and get this show on the road, but damn you have a wild card there and that do not please me."
He smiled wryly, "Well, with only a little luck, it'll please the Fallen far less."

((OOC: Yeah, well, I suspect it might have been the network at work that ate it, not the forum... Or possibly, I just thought I hit "Send" and forgot. Yesterday was hectic... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:32 pm

Colin nodded, "Going in to try to divine the full chain of events will be... unpleasant, but I have a few ideas as for how to soften the impact... All in due time."

"I do not envy you that job my good man."
Joakim muttered and leaned back in his chair.

He shrugged, "If Beatrice Alexander is a good yardstick for the reincarnation time, why, one might almost think something happened sometime around the 1940s that led to massive casualties among the Fallen, letting them be reborn en masse these days..."

"Well the Nephandi supported the Germans and the Traditions and the Technocracy joined forces to fight them down, there was massive losses on both sides. Later the Council declared that joining forces with the enemy like that where illegal and that it would not happen again, a decision I do not agree with them on but then again it is not for me to say, anyway there died allot of Nephandi...as well as our own guys and Union men, however reincarnation happen when the Avatar in question is ready for it, some reincarnate almost instantly while for others it can take a thousand years. As one of my Tytali friends like to put it, and Avatar will reincarnate when it damn well please."
He said with a little smile.

He grinned wryly, "Somehow, the chance of the Fallen getting their hands on it like that seems negligible... They're not getting Adley, and if they were to somehow get the pine cone... well, how likely would you be to keep an item that kept berating your soul for your poor life choices?"

"It would be like having a mother in law in a small handy format...if that is what the pine cone indeed do. How are you going to prevent the worst case scenario that any of us are captured...Mr Roth Hicks included, while it is not that likely when we go into an assault like that, being killed in combat is a more likely threat but any of us could be captured and that include your Cabalmate Mr Wainwright..."

He nodded, "Unknowns are tricky things, but the advantage of bringing such a wild card is that we know we have it - which is one more thing than the enemy knows. Brazen bluffs have won battles before."

"You do have a point my good man, I do not like to have such an unknown present though but I recognize that fate might have chosen for us this time and we have to heed her call, like it or not."
Joakim said and frowned.

He accepted the cup and blew lightly on the coffee before taking a sip... and once he deemed it cooled enough, gulped down the mug. "Thank you. I needed a little pick-me-up."

"Coffee is what have been keeping me going as of late it seams."
The Security Chief said with a wry grin.
"None of us have gotten enough sleep."

He nodded, "Perhaps a more apt comparison would be a smashed vase, sloppily glued together again - some pieces will be bigger than the others, giving a better picture of what the vase originally looked like..."

"Hum...yes perhaps you are right...though that vase have not just been glued back together but have been done so wrong...all wrong, the same principle apply though I guess..."

He smiled wryly, "Well, with only a little luck, it'll please the Fallen far less."

"True enough and nothing make me more happy than displeased Nephandi...."
Joakim said and sipped his coffee.
"Well then I guess we are taking a leap of fate do any of you gentlemen have something else to add before we go and get ready?"
He asked.
"Time is running out on us."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I forgot to check back on the forum.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:47 pm

"I hope so my good man for what we have for now is one big mystery, and while fascinating I fear we lack some of the key knowledge to be able to rely on it in battle, and if it is something meant to help us it seams it also want us to take a leap of faith and I do not do well with those."

He glanced at Colin and looked curious about who this other person was, that had yet to make an appearance. Antonio's list had mentioned a specific list of names and they had apparently been targeted...perhaps it was Mr Bachmier...? He certainly hoped it was not anyone new...

He nodded at that.

He pondered and held out his hand to Adley, gesturing for the pine cone, "I suspect it needs personal Quintessence for that - a more precious resource right now than Tass. Adding to the likelyhood it will require specific circumstances to work, I don't think we should spend precious time testing it... I just might figure it out in time. Freddy was quite optimistic about that - I'd hate to disappoint her."

He seemed just as reluctant to hand it over this time as before but he did so at the request. "I agree with that first summation," he said, nodding as he said it required personal Quintessence. "I believe of a specific sort, not just anything will do." He listened to Colin and the Cheif's speculations about what this Grimoire was about.

"Well the Nephandi supported the Germans and the Traditions and the Technocracy joined forces to fight them down, there was massive losses on both sides. Later the Council declared that joining forces with the enemy like that where illegal and that it would not happen again, a decision I do not agree with them on but then again it is not for me to say, anyway there died allot of Nephandi...as well as our own guys and Union men, however reincarnation happen when the Avatar in question is ready for it, some reincarnate almost instantly while for others it can take a thousand years. As one of my Tytali friends like to put it, and Avatar will reincarnate when it damn well please."

"Hmm..."

"It would be like having a mother in law in a small handy format...if that is what the pine cone indeed do. How are you going to prevent the worst case scenario that any of us are captured...Mr Roth Hicks included, while it is not that likely when we go into an assault like that, being killed in combat is a more likely threat but any of us could be captured and that include your Cabalmate Mr Wainwright..."

"I agree we should see if we can figure that out..."

'I interpret it to mean that it may be possible to save a Fallen avatar, at least some under certain circumstances. It has happened once before, though the evidence has been...let us just say that the evidence was damaged. Though the paths for doing so are likely to be difficult and perhaps not all such souls could be saved, there are at least some that are able to be redeemed. As such, trying to do so is not impossible. It holds the way, perhaps also the circumstances if there are any. That is why the Fallen want it, so that they can ensure that the knowledge cannot be known and used against them. That is why it is the greatest of all weapons that we could have but it is not an act of destruction or annhilation that is the most harmful thing to the Nephandi...it's an act of creation. And as you have likely already guessed this, I suggest we all take measures to protect this knowledge and our minds.' He gave the reply to Colin first and then sighed, glancing at the hedge wizard with a pinched expression.

"No future Miss Adlebloom probably would not, even so I have more questions than answers and I do not like it."
The old hedge wizard grumbled.

He smiled at that.

"If we overthink it, we might shoot ourselves in the foot by putting our finger on the trigger and slipping."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:28 pm

He seemed just as reluctant to hand it over this time as before but he did so at the request. "I agree with that first summation," he said, nodding as he said it required personal Quintessence. "I believe of a specific sort, not just anything will do." He listened to Colin and the Cheif's speculations about what this Grimoire was about.

"What sort of vis do you think will be required Sodalis?"
Joakim asked.
"We might be able to get vis Resonated in the right way, if at all possible and bring it with us."

"The question then is how do we figure it out Mr Roth Hicks..."

'I interpret it to mean that it may be possible to save a Fallen avatar, at least some under certain circumstances. It has happened once before, though the evidence has been...let us just say that the evidence was damaged. Though the paths for doing so are likely to be difficult and perhaps not all such souls could be saved, there are at least some that are able to be redeemed. As such, trying to do so is not impossible. It holds the way, perhaps also the circumstances if there are any. That is why the Fallen want it, so that they can ensure that the knowledge cannot be known and used against them. That is why it is the greatest of all weapons that we could have but it is not an act of destruction or annhilation that is the most harmful thing to the Nephandi...it's an act of creation. And as you have likely already guessed this, I suggest we all take measures to protect this knowledge and our minds.' He gave the reply to Colin first and then sighed, glancing at the hedge wizard with a pinched expression.

Joakim waited until he was handed the note then he read it and nodded.
"Indeed if Fallen souls could be saved, it would be the greatest of all weapons we could use against the Fallen, the tragedy of the Nephandi is that when a mage is tricked, threatened or seduced to go to the Cauls, that is it, they are damned forever, and the Nephandi have a soldier that will return again and again and again to their side...if that vicious cycle could be broken it would be a tremendous victory."
Joakim said then he sigh.
"Yes Mr Wainwright told me about the...evidence...that was lost, a tragic case and it make me fear there might be...traitors though that is something we should perhaps not discuss in to much detail...but yes if your vision indicate that saving a Fallen could be possible Sodalis, that would be a wonderful thing."

"If we overthink it, we might shoot ourselves in the foot by putting our finger on the trigger and slipping."

"True enough."
Joakim said as he stood and got read to leave his office.
"Well then. we have a battle to plan."
He said and started moving towards the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:17 pm

"I do not envy you that job my good man."
Joakim muttered and leaned back in his chair.
Colin grimaced, "Well, if I can cleanse her, it's a quarter share of the sale price in it for me... and I think I can make a camera lens to peer through time, so I can get a recording without being knocked on my rear again by the sight... Might make for a best-selling horror movie. I hear the found-footage genre is doing well these days..."

He glanced at Colin and looked curious about who this other person was, that had yet to make an appearance. Antonio's list had mentioned a specific list of names and they had apparently been targeted...perhaps it was Mr Bachmier...? He certainly hoped it was not anyone new...
He glanced at Adley's puzzlement, "The last person she mentioned is not yet born... You wouldn't know them yet. It'll be a few years yet, I think."

"What sort of vis do you think will be required Sodalis?"
Joakim asked.
"We might be able to get vis Resonated in the right way, if at all possible and bring it with us."
He nodded, "I believe Adley's right... I don't think it would be a completely irrational guess to suggest it is keyed to three individuals - Adley, Beatrice and me."

He said with a little smile.
He nodded, "Considering the events only twenty-five years earlier, though, I'd surmise there were relatively many, er, young Avatars that Awoke in traumatic circumstances and only got a brief time on this Earth before being sent back to the Well of Souls... Seems to me there'd be a lot of Avatars pretty damn eager to get back in the saddle, Fallen or not..."

He soured slightly, bitter steel in his voice, "...I'm not leaving anyone behind alive again..."
He met Adley's gaze, only for a moment, "If necessary, I'll go the way of your Founder to prevent anyone from being taken alive by the Fallen... Hopefully, it won't come to that, though. But with their Nodes, stores and the Tass from the Serafina... I do believe I can pull off a detonation that will leave a lasting mark."

Joakim waited until he was handed the note then he read it and nodded.
"Indeed if Fallen souls could be saved, it would be the greatest of all weapons we could use against the Fallen, the tragedy of the Nephandi is that when a mage is tricked, threatened or seduced to go to the Cauls, that is it, they are damned forever, and the Nephandi have a soldier that will return again and again and again to their side...if that vicious cycle could be broken it would be a tremendous victory."
Joakim said then he sigh.
"Yes Mr Wainwright told me about the...evidence...that was lost, a tragic case and it make me fear there might be...traitors though that is something we should perhaps not discuss in to much detail...but yes if your vision indicate that saving a Fallen could be possible Sodalis, that would be a wonderful thing."
He read the note, nodded and handed it to Joakim, "The other possible answer, of course, being that you can replicate the miracle of Heylel Teomim, creating a new artificial Rebis... What might happen if the Fallen manage to merge a Fallen Avatar with one that refuses to go through the Caul? They might not have to rely on persuasion anymore; it's not too far-fetched to suggest that they might be able to force together two Avatars without the consent of both... and that would be a greater threat, I think; they'd just have to sucker punch a Master and keep them drugged to amplify their own power - because if the resulting Rebis were to return to the Traditions, we all know what would happen to it... That said, I hope and want to believe that the miracle in question is Avatar restoration, rather than merging..."
He frowned and lowered his voice, "As for that case, Master Min knows about it... I should like to see the complete files assembled and sent to his Mentor, actually - the man would be relentless."

"Coffee is what have been keeping me going as of late it seams."
The Security Chief said with a wry grin.
"None of us have gotten enough sleep."
He nodded, "I did use my own little, ah, rinsing Rote earlier, once I got out of the Serafina, and once we got back to the Chantry. That helped a lot, actually."
He glanced sideways at Adley, "Come to think of it, I showed you that one, didn't I? Scoria Expurgate? It does have something of a refreshing feel to it, even if it doesn't quite make up for lost sleep."

"Hum...yes perhaps you are right...though that vase have not just been glued back together but have been done so wrong...all wrong, the same principle apply though I guess..."
He nodded, "All in the wrong order, but a few pieces might still show more of what it used to be like..."

"True enough and nothing make me more happy than displeased Nephandi...."
Joakim said and sipped his coffee.
"Well then I guess we are taking a leap of fate do any of you gentlemen have something else to add before we go and get ready?"
He asked.
"Time is running out on us."
He grinned, "Nothing but getting to retire with a Rubenesque wife, you mean. Hum, let's see, I need to get some breakfast and pick up those batteries - Miss Kelly should have some carrying straps ready for them by now. And then, I should join up with the team to which I am assigned and coordinate with them. That should be pretty much it for me."

((OOC: Jeez, I just realized... Adley, Beatrice and Colin. The ABC of Heylel Teomim... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:10 pm

Colin grimaced, "Well, if I can cleanse her, it's a quarter share of the sale price in it for me... and I think I can make a camera lens to peer through time, so I can get a recording without being knocked on my rear again by the sight... Might make for a best-selling horror movie. I hear the found-footage genre is doing well these days..."

Joakim raised an eyebrow at you.
"Well I am not going to pretend I understand how you would accomplish that, but it would please Miss Kelly to have her ship cleaned up."
He said sounding a bit doubtful.
"Well in any case it is a concern for another day."

He glanced at Adley's puzzlement, "The last person she mentioned is not yet born... You wouldn't know them yet. It'll be a few years yet, I think."

The old hedge wizard gave you a bit of an look but he did not ask.

He nodded, "I believe Adley's right... I don't think it would be a completely irrational guess to suggest it is keyed to three individuals - Adley, Beatrice and me."

"So you are thinking it is the personal vis from your three souls that is the catalyst to get the pine cone to work Mr Wainwright?"
Joakim asked.
"That do not seam to be to far fetched if it is what you have been speculating that it may be."

He nodded, "Considering the events only twenty-five years earlier, though, I'd surmise there were relatively many, er, young Avatars that Awoke in traumatic circumstances and only got a brief time on this Earth before being sent back to the Well of Souls... Seems to me there'd be a lot of Avatars pretty damn eager to get back in the saddle, Fallen or not..."

"Well how quickly the host dies after Awakening do not indicate the age of an Avatar...and time passes differently to them but yes when there are large calamities then there tend to be more people reborn from those events some time later, however if Avatars have a time table to Awaken Mr Wainwright it is not something known to the rest of us."

He soured slightly, bitter steel in his voice, "...I'm not leaving anyone behind alive again..."

Joakim looked at you for a moment again then he silently nodded.

He met Adley's gaze, only for a moment, "If necessary, I'll go the way of your Founder to prevent anyone from being taken alive by the Fallen... Hopefully, it won't come to that, though. But with their Nodes, stores and the Tass from the Serafina... I do believe I can pull off a detonation that will leave a lasting mark."

"That is a good...noble death however I do hope you will not have to seek out such glory quite yet Mr Wainwright, though I am sure anyone in this Chantry would rather die then end up a prisoner of the Fallen, that is not a fate I would wish on even a Technocrat."
The old hedge wizard muttered.
"So no, we leave no one alive...we will win or die today..."
He said with conviction in his voice.

He read the note, nodded and handed it to Joakim, "The other possible answer, of course, being that you can replicate the miracle of Heylel Teomim, creating a new artificial Rebis... What might happen if the Fallen manage to merge a Fallen Avatar with one that refuses to go through the Caul? They might not have to rely on persuasion anymore; it's not too far-fetched to suggest that they might be able to force together two Avatars without the consent of both... and that would be a greater threat, I think; they'd just have to sucker punch a Master and keep them drugged to amplify their own power - because if the resulting Rebis were to return to the Traditions, we all know what would happen to it...

"Well now that is a disturbing thought."
Joakim muttered darkly.
"Also remember Heylel was a powerful mage and some of that power he gained from his state of being, some say there have never been anyone grater when it comes to manipulating Avatars than him or rather they I guess are a better term...not even Master Telar are their equal, who knows how many of the old alchemist's secrets could be unlocked in another being like them where ever created."
He said sounding concerned.

That said, I hope and want to believe that the miracle in question is Avatar restoration, rather than merging..."
He frowned and lowered his voice, "As for that case, Master Min knows about it... I should like to see the complete files assembled and sent to his Mentor, actually - the man would be relentless."

"I find myself sharing your hope in this matter Mr Wainwright that would be far less disturbing."
"Hum...yes Master Tolle would be quite appalled by such crimes and would pursue it with a fanatical fervor...I would not envy the guilty parties if that man was put on the case, he do not care if you are high or low, all he care about is the letter of the law and that it is followed to perfection, for good and for ill."

He nodded, "I did use my own little, ah, rinsing Rote earlier, once I got out of the Serafina, and once we got back to the Chantry. That helped a lot, actually."

"Hum...that is a practical use of your magick then, well whatever can help you focus though this whole mess...for me I swear by coffee."
Joakim said and took a demonstrative swing of his mug.

He nodded, "All in the wrong order, but a few pieces might still show more of what it used to be like..."

"Well that is a good theory at least...."
He said and nodded.

He grinned, "Nothing but getting to retire with a Rubenesque wife, you mean.

"Ah yes...I have to admit that would please me even more than upset Nephandi."
Joakim said with a grin.

Hum, let's see, I need to get some breakfast and pick up those batteries - Miss Kelly should have some carrying straps ready for them by now. And then, I should join up with the team to which I am assigned and coordinate with them. That should be pretty much it for me."

"Very well Mr Wainwright if you go and collect those batteries now then and meet the rest of us in the cafeteria, I will be assigning teams there where I can go over things with the rest...I will want you on the team that will be working on the Labyrinth wards, and later go after Carlyle...if you are willing, though be warned that will be far from safe...but since you have some experience with the woman and with your rote if your teammates manages to scratch the wards, perhaps you can drain them, speeding the process up."
The Security Chief said and looked concerned and serious.
"I will not order you to take part in such a dangerous job though..."

(OOC: I had not noticed that either...well that is funny. Very Happy )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:19 am

He nodded at that but looked a bit troubled but there was enough to worry about right now than a future worry that he couldn't do much about.

"What sort of vis do you think will be required Sodalis?" Joakim asked."We might be able to get vis Resonated in the right way, if at all possible and bring it with us."

"Oh, I think we will be bringing it, yes..." Then something came to his mind. 'A pine cone implies there is a pine tree...somewhen. If this pine cone is in the future, are we meant to plant it's seeds so that it can grow? My head hurts thinking about that...and I don't recall the Verbena tree being a pine, was it? He handed the note to Colin.

"So you are thinking it is the personal vis from your three souls that is the catalyst to get the pine cone to work Mr Wainwright?"
Joakim asked. "That do not seam to be to far fetched if it is what you have been speculating that it may be."

He nodded and pointed at them. "Right." Then he added, 'It currently has a dynamic and some entropic feeling to it, as you would expect. To me that seems like it should and needs earth, and nurturing to proliferate. Or something to kick it into gear...well, you are supposed to know, it was given to your care. But perhaps that might assist you in knowing,' he wrote and showed Colin.

"The question then is how do we figure it out Mr Roth Hicks..."
"That is a good...noble death however I do hope you will not have to seek out such glory quite yet Mr Wainwright, though I am sure anyone in this Chantry would rather die then end up a prisoner of the Fallen, that is not a fate I would wish on even a Technocrat."
The old hedge wizard muttered. "So no, we leave no one alive...we will win or die today..."

He frowned at Colin, quite obviously not liking the sound of that worst case scenario plan much. If the worst...but still, he hoped they would not have to go that far. Then went back to writing down a note for the Chief. 'If we can find a way to keep it out of the wrong hands...some type of protection. Then again, it might draw attention to it, right now it might be overlooked. Did we figure out how we're getting through their wards?'

"Indeed if Fallen souls could be saved, it would be the greatest of all weapons we could use against the Fallen, the tragedy of the Nephandi is that when a mage is tricked, threatened or seduced to go to the Cauls, that is it, they are damned forever, and the Nephandi have a soldier that will return again and again and again to their side...if that vicious cycle could be broken it would be a tremendous victory." Joakim said then he sigh. "Yes Mr Wainwright told me about the...evidence...that was lost, a tragic case and it make me fear there might be...traitors though that is something we should perhaps not discuss in to much detail...but yes if your vision indicate that saving a Fallen could be possible Sodalis, that would be a wonderful thing."
He read the note, nodded and handed it to Joakim, "The other possible answer, of course, being that you can replicate the miracle of Heylel Teomim, creating a new artificial Rebis... What might happen if the Fallen manage to merge a Fallen Avatar with one that refuses to go through the Caul? They might not have to rely on persuasion anymore; it's not too far-fetched to suggest that they might be able to force together two Avatars without the consent of both... and that would be a greater threat, I think; they'd just have to sucker punch a Master and keep them drugged to amplify their own power - because if the resulting Rebis were to return to the Traditions, we all know what would happen to it... That said, I hope and want to believe that the miracle in question is Avatar restoration, rather than merging..."
"Also remember Heylel was a powerful mage and some of that power he gained from his state of being, some say there have never been anyone grater when it comes to manipulating Avatars than him or rather they I guess are a better term...not even Master Telar are their equal, who knows how many of the old alchemist's secrets could be unlocked in another being like them where ever created."

He narrowed his eyes as he thought about what they said and then wrote, 'I don't think that the miracle of Heylel is separate necessarily from what I said. It might be part of the path to gain that knowledge in a different way or it may be a result of it, in us. As for forcing two parts together that is a terrifying idea but I imagine that the mage would be severely conflicted, if nothing else. I hope that is not their plan. My seeking also gave me some...revelations that may support it may be the latter.'He handed off the note to Colin.

He nodded, "I did use my own little, ah, rinsing Rote earlier, once I got out of the Serafina, and once we got back to the Chantry. That helped a lot, actually." He glanced sideways at Adley, "Come to think of it, I showed you that one, didn't I? Scoria Expurgate? It does have something of a refreshing feel to it, even if it doesn't quite make up for lost sleep."

"You did but I do not believe I can grasp it the way you do it, though I have just participated in some energy work and that helped. I might ask you to show me it again..."

"Well then I guess we are taking a leap of fate do any of you gentlemen have something else to add before we go and get ready?"He asked. "Time is running out on us."
He grinned, "Nothing but getting to retire with a Rubenesque wife, you mean. Hum, let's see, I need to get some breakfast and pick up those batteries - Miss Kelly should have some carrying straps ready for them by now. And then, I should join up with the team to which I am assigned and coordinate with them. That should be pretty much it for me."
"Very well Mr Wainwright if you go and collect those batteries now then and meet the rest of us in the cafeteria, I will be assigning teams there where I can go over things with the rest...I will want you on the team that will be working on the Labyrinth wards, and later go after Carlyle...if you are willing, though be warned that will be far from safe...but since you have some experience with the woman and with your rote if your teammates manages to scratch the wards, perhaps you can drain them, speeding the process up."

"I've got a new stack to get rid of. Anyone need to re-read any of this beforehand? I will meet you in the cafeteria, afterward then?" he asked.

// lol! I didn't notice that...funny coincidence. Also, I've totally forgotten to hit send...or log out even. Doh.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:58 am

He frowned at Colin, quite obviously not liking the sound of that worst case scenario plan much. If the worst...but still, he hoped they would not have to go that far. Then went back to writing down a note for the Chief. 'If we can find a way to keep it out of the wrong hands...some type of protection. Then again, it might draw attention to it, right now it might be overlooked. Did we figure out how we're getting through their wards?'

"It is possible to enchant the pine cone to make it look like something else or to enchant it in a way that will destroy it if it leaves the possession of those the ward are meant for. I can create such spells but off course as you say the wards can be seen and notice can then be drawn to it while as of now someone might just think it is a keepsake. It is up to you gentlemen."
Joakim said.

"I've got a new stack to get rid of. Anyone need to re-read any of this beforehand? I will meet you in the cafeteria, afterward then?" he asked.

"No I remember what was written and shown me...if you want me to read any of the other notes before you destroy them that might be an idea but what I have read I remember."
The Security Chief said and nodded.
"Very well I will see you there then Sodalis."

(OOC: I think I replied to everything showed to the Chief if I have forgotten anything then please let me know.)

(OOC 2: No the Boston Coven's World or Life Tree different books call them different things is a hanging willow.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:36 pm

"Well I am not going to pretend I understand how you would accomplish that, but it would please Miss Kelly to have her ship cleaned up."
Colin smiled wryly, "I have a few theories regarding viable methods... I will almost certainly need some practical assistance from someone stronger than myself, though."

He nodded at that but looked a bit troubled but there was enough to worry about right now than a future worry that he couldn't do much about.
He sighed, "Freddy said it was one of ours... At least I have the time to prepare for that..."

Select/Unselect multi-quote

Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Yesterday at 11:10 pm

Joakim asked.
"That do not seam to be to far fetched if it is what you have been speculating that it may be."
He nodded and pointed at them. "Right." Then he added, 'It currently has a dynamic and some entropic feeling to it, as you would expect. To me that seems like it should and needs earth, and nurturing to proliferate. Or something to kick it into gear...well, you are supposed to know, it was given to your care. But perhaps that might assist you in knowing,' he wrote and showed Colin.
He nodded, "I'm thinking any one of us three should be able to trigger it - and I'm supposed to work it out, it seems. Though, your assistance could be crucial, Adley. Both for the pine cone and the Serafina, actually... And a few other... matters."

"Well how quickly the host dies after Awakening do not indicate the age of an Avatar...and time passes differently to them but yes when there are large calamities then there tend to be more people reborn from those events some time later, however if Avatars have a time table to Awaken Mr Wainwright it is not something known to the rest of us."
He shrugged, "I'm given to understand Avatars can reincarnate at an earlier date, as well... Still, I suppose it's reasonable to think such a worldwide calamity would leave the Well of Souls rather... packed with Avatars looking for a new Mage. Probably something of a backlog that would last for a long period of whatever passes for time there."

Joakim looked at you for a moment again then he silently nodded.
The old hedge wizard muttered.
"So no, we leave no one alive...we will win or die today..."
He said with conviction in his voice.
He frowned, "Glory doesn't enter into it... I was forced to leave someone behind enemy lines, once... Not going through that again, whatever the cost to me..."

"It is possible to enchant the pine cone to make it look like something else or to enchant it in a way that will destroy it if it leaves the possession of those the ward are meant for. I can create such spells but off course as you say the wards can be seen and notice can then be drawn to it while as of now someone might just think it is a keepsake. It is up to you gentlemen."
Joakim said.
He pondered, "Right now, it looks like a pine cone; a little healthier and fresher than a normal one if you look straight at it with your senses open... Warding it would probably make it significantly more conspicuous. I'd say leave it as it is."

"Well now that is a disturbing thought."
Joakim muttered darkly.
He said sounding concerned.
He narrowed his eyes as he thought about what they said and then wrote, 'I don't think that the miracle of Heylel is separate necessarily from what I said. It might be part of the path to gain that knowledge in a different way or it may be a result of it, in us. As for forcing two parts together that is a terrifying idea but I imagine that the mage would be severely conflicted, if nothing else. I hope that is not their plan. My seeking also gave me some...revelations that may support it may be the latter.'He handed off the note to Colin.
He read Adley's note, nodded, and handed the note on to Joakim "Indeed, there are a few disturbing possibilities..."
He lowered his voice to almost a whisper, "We'll have to be very careful about who gets too close to it. I'd hate to see a certain other pair of twins get their hands on it..."

"I find myself sharing your hope in this matter Mr Wainwright that would be far less disturbing."
"Hum...yes Master Tolle would be quite appalled by such crimes and would pursue it with a fanatical fervor...I would not envy the guilty parties if that man was put on the case, he do not care if you are high or low, all he care about is the letter of the law and that it is followed to perfection, for good and for ill."
He nodded, answering quietly, "Hermes and Chorus... It would be a harsh blow to us all, but I don't know that we could go on with such a miscarriage of justice unaddressed..."

"Hum...that is a practical use of your magick then, well whatever can help you focus though this whole mess...for me I swear by coffee."
Joakim said and took a demonstrative swing of his mug.
"You did but I do not believe I can grasp it the way you do it, though I have just participated in some energy work and that helped. I might ask you to show me it again..."
He grinned, "It feels rather more like a quick shower and a change of clothes than coffee... Actually, perhaps you'd both indulge me in showing off; won't take more than a few seconds... we'll just have to form a rough circle, and visualize a cluttered set of interconnected passages..."
He extended his hands to the two others, arching an eyebrow."

He saluted sharply, "Can do, Sir. If I can help brute-force their defences into the oblivion they want, I will - and I'll follow up in the attempt to neutralize miss Carlyle after... and subsequently pursue Abigail and destroy the Caul, if necessary."

He nodded, "The cafeteria in a minute or two, then."

((OOC: At least the Boston Coven's Life Tree isn't a Whomping Willow. Wink Ooooh, hey, willowbark contains salicylic acid - an anti-inflammatory painkiller. Perhaps that would be an excellent spiritual analgesic for Beatrice's Avatar? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:32 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "I have a few theories regarding viable methods... I will almost certainly need some practical assistance from someone stronger than myself, though."

"Hum...I do not think I can help you much with that Mr Wainwright but you can always ask around when this crisis is over you will be payed well for the job the way I understand it so you should be able to hire help."
Joakim said and nodded.

He sighed, "Freddy said it was one of ours... At least I have the time to prepare for that..."

"One of your future children...that is not exactly good news to get, especially if the Tradition's policies on such matters have not changed by then..."
He said with a frown.

He nodded, "I'm thinking any one of us three should be able to trigger it - and I'm supposed to work it out, it seems. Though, your assistance could be crucial, Adley. Both for the pine cone and the Serafina, actually... And a few other... matters."

"I doubt it is me Mr Wainwright as while my own vis or mana if we are going to use a non Hermetic term is also a form of Quintessence it is not the raw form Awakened magi use."
Joakim protested and shook his head slightly before sipping his coffee again.

He shrugged, "I'm given to understand Avatars can reincarnate at an earlier date, as well... Still, I suppose it's reasonable to think such a worldwide calamity would leave the Well of Souls rather... packed with Avatars looking for a new Mage. Probably something of a backlog that would last for a long period of whatever passes for time there."

"They can at that, it is not common but I have heard about it happening."
He confirmed.
"Well those Avatars would have no idea of time, nor do the Well get full as it is not space as we know it. I doubt the Well of Souls have a backlog, it do not spin souls out at a given pace so some have to wait, it spins a soul out the way I understand it, when that given Avatar needs it."

He frowned, "Glory doesn't enter into it... I was forced to leave someone behind enemy lines, once... Not going through that again, whatever the cost to me..."

Joakim gave you a compassionate look and he nodded to show that he understood but he did not ask for details he just looked serious and slightly sad.

He pondered, "Right now, it looks like a pine cone; a little healthier and fresher than a normal one if you look straight at it with your senses open... Warding it would probably make it significantly more conspicuous. I'd say leave it as it is."

"Yes that might be for the best, there are protection to be found in something looking just unsuspicious as well."
The Security Chief agreed and nodded.

He read Adley's note, nodded, and handed the note on to Joakim "Indeed, there are a few disturbing possibilities..."
He lowered his voice to almost a whisper, "We'll have to be very careful about who gets too close to it. I'd hate to see a certain other pair of twins get their hands on it..."

Joakim took the notes and read them, his frown deepening as his eyes went down the pages.
"Yes we would not want some people to get their hands on that pine cone."
He muttered.
"Which twins are we talking about?"

A pine cone implies there is a pine tree...somewhen. If this pine cone is in the future, are we meant to plant it's seeds so that it can grow? My head hurts thinking about that...and I don't recall the Verbena tree being a pine, was it? He handed the note to Colin.

"It could be a pine tree somewhere or off course the pine cone could have been manifested as a symbol more than something that have grown on an actual tree."
Joakim said once he had read that part of Adley's note.

'I don't think that the miracle of Heylel is separate necessarily from what I said. It might be part of the path to gain that knowledge in a different way or it may be a result of it, in us.

"You are thinking that you may one day though your...inheritance find a way to create an artificial rebis and that will be a key to restoring Avatars?"
The Security Chief asked and looked up from the note.

As for forcing two parts together that is a terrifying idea but I imagine that the mage would be severely conflicted, if nothing else. I hope that is not their plan. My seeking also gave me some...revelations that may support it may be the latter.'He handed off the note to Colin.

"I hope this is not the plan as well for that would be quite disturbing. I do agree though the resulting mage would probably be very conflicted. I am not sure what you have gotten from your Seeking through Sodalis and it is not my place to ask. However I do know we do not want the Fallen to get that book for whatever reason they might want it."
Joakim said and handed the notes back to Adley.

He nodded, answering quietly, "Hermes and Chorus... It would be a harsh blow to us all, but I don't know that we could go on with such a miscarriage of justice unaddressed..."

"We can not let it go unaddressed Mr Wainwright, we can not. But it will be a black day for the Traditions if two Primi gets removed for such crimes, also that Bastard Tytalus I understand could do such a thing but the Chorister Prima....well I guess she can be fanatical in her way."
Joakim said with a concerned frown.

He grinned, "It feels rather more like a quick shower and a change of clothes than coffee... Actually, perhaps you'd both indulge me in showing off; won't take more than a few seconds... we'll just have to form a rough circle, and visualize a cluttered set of interconnected passages..."

Joakim hesitated for a moment then he nodded.
"Very well you have my attention Mr Wainwright. I am curious about this spell of yours."
The old hedge wizard said he accepted your hand, the skin of his own fingers feeling dry and thin like old man's hands while he looked young, he looked hardly more than a few years older than Adley.

He saluted sharply, "Can do, Sir. If I can help brute-force their defences into the oblivion they want, I will - and I'll follow up in the attempt to neutralize miss Carlyle after... and subsequently pursue Abigail and destroy the Caul, if necessary."

"Thank you."
Joakim said and he looked at you for a moment.
"Try to get back alive I have a feeling Miss Adlebloom would be most cross with me if you did not."
He said with a slight smile then he turned serious again and gave you a respectful nod.
"Lady Crexia will be leading your team, your first goal is to take down the wards so the rest of us can get into the Labyrinth as well, your second goal will be to deal with Miss Carlyle. Lady Crexia have the enchantments created for that with her I think, she will give you better details and if that is accomplished to move further into the Labyrinth to find the Caul or Abigail...the other teams will eventually move inwards towards the Caul as well. Nephandi captured alive is a boon but other than Abigail herself and Carlyle a dead Nephandus gets them out of our hair for now and is often easier than attempting live captures unless an opportunity present itself."
Joakim instructed.

He nodded, "The cafeteria in a minute or two, then."

"Very well. I will see you then."
Joakim said he held the door open for you and Adley before he headed towards the rapidly filling cafeteria. Morningstar was going to war and the troops where gathering.

(OOC: I did not consider that but yes it would, especially since Beatrice is spiritually connected to that tree, it is a part of her just like a familiar would be.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:45 pm

"One of your future children...that is not exactly good news to get, especially if the Tradition's policies on such matters have not changed by then..."He said with a frown.

"I see...well, let us get to that bridge first, before we try to cross it."

"I doubt it is me Mr Wainwright as while my own vis or mana if we are going to use a non Hermetic term is also a form of Quintessence it is not the raw form Awakened magi use."

He nodded to Colin. "Sir, pardon that's not the three he meant. Then he wrote down, 'We three, B myself and C. have different resonances but together we make up a whole I believe. Though B. essence has been corrupted, this pine cone is not. And it comes from her...at least in part. It might matter which we use for which task. Again I entrust you will know, or we will be able to figure it out in due course. He gave him the note.

He gave his friend a glance, concerned about whatever was replaying in his mind at the moment.

Joakim said.

"Alright," he agreed with a nod.

Joakim took the notes and read them, his frown deepening as his eyes went down the pages.
He muttered.
"Which twins are we talking about?

"Let us not Name names, right now..."

"It could be a pine tree somewhere or off course the pine cone could have been manifested as a symbol more than something that have grown on an actual tree." Joakim said once he had read that part of Adley's note.

"That is true."

"You are thinking that you may one day though your...inheritance find a way to create an artificial rebis and that will be a key to restoring Avatars?"

He tapped the pen a moment then wrote out, 'I know that I have a path and a goal and I believe it is possible to do. I do not know exactly what that path entails in detail or even if we will necessarily be able to complete it in my lifetime. I am not so sure one needs to 'become' an artificial anything. It's not necessarily the same path as him but we might learn form it. For him, finding another, external complement may have made sense or may have been necessary for him. I think it depends on the spiritual components that one starts out with and what the ultimate goal is. I see the middle pillar as incorporating the parts of oneself that one was given. However we have inherited the grimoire, that which takes two to use and one to carry. There are three keys, nobility, wisdom, and unity - not just one and we need them all. Or at least I do, to make an understanding of the path. Right now though we have to deal with the labyrinths.'

"I hope this is not the plan as well for that would be quite disturbing. I do agree though the resulting mage would probably be very conflicted. I am not sure what you have gotten from your Seeking through Sodalis and it is not my place to ask. However I do know we do not want the Fallen to get that book for whatever reason they might want it."

"Agreed."

"Very well you have my attention Mr Wainwright. I am curious about this spell of yours."
The old hedge wizard said he accepted your hand, the skin of his own fingers feeling dry and thin like old man's hands while he looked young, he looked hardly more than a few years older than Adley.

"Amicus, I don't know that it's wise to try such a thing while you are loaded with those items, as they seem to act in a general way through space," he said practically. "At any rate it is the ars of entropy that continue to elude me."

"Lady Crexia will be leading your team, your first goal is to take down the wards so the rest of us can get into the Labyrinth as well, your second goal will be to deal with Miss Carlyle. Lady Crexia have the enchantments created for that with her I think, she will give you better details and if that is accomplished to move further into the Labyrinth to find the Caul or Abigail...the other teams will eventually move inwards towards the Caul as well. Nephandi captured alive is a boon but other than Abigail herself and Carlyle a dead Nephandus gets them out of our hair for now and is often easier than attempting live captures unless an opportunity present itself."

"Yes sir."

"No I remember what was written and shown me...if you want me to read any of the other notes before you destroy them that might be an idea but what I have read I remember."
The Security Chief said and nodded.
"Very well I will see you there then Sodalis."
Joakim said he held the door open for you and Adley before he headed towards the rapidly filling cafeteria. Morningstar was going to war and the troops where gathering.

"Yes sir." He gave Colin and Joakim a nod and then headed to the fireplace room again to deal with the wad of notes that he had collected.

// Duncan could probably turn it into a whomping willow though xD And yes, that's a good point, it would make total sense to use the tree for a number of reasons. Also, I once planted a branch of that type of willow after letting it root - it's very easy to grow and very fast to grow as well. It's about four feet tall now after not that many years.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:10 pm

He nodded to Colin. "Sir, pardon that's not the three he meant. Then he wrote down, 'We three, B myself and C. have different resonances but together we make up a whole I believe. Though B. essence has been corrupted, this pine cone is not. And it comes from her...at least in part. It might matter which we use for which task. Again I entrust you will know, or we will be able to figure it out in due course. He gave him the note.

"I see pardon the misunderstanding then Sodalis...hum...well that would seam to make sense then yes, and I do hope that you are able to figure out how to use the pine cone and when."
Joakim said and handed the note back, still a bit uneasy about this leap of faith.

"Alright," he agreed with a nod.

"Well then that is settled."
The old hedge wizard said and nodded.

"No...you are right, it is probably best not to."
He hesitantly agreed.

He tapped the pen a moment then wrote out, 'I know that I have a path and a goal and I believe it is possible to do. I do not know exactly what that path entails in detail or even if we will necessarily be able to complete it in my lifetime. I am not so sure one needs to 'become' an artificial anything. It's not necessarily the same path as him but we might learn form it.

Joakim read the note and he considered what you have written, there was not much he could add about it but he did nod.
"Hum...interesting...yes I agree learning from the Betrayer in this could be wise, whatever else he was he was a knowledgeable mage and no one knew more about Avatars."

For him, finding another, external complement may have made sense or may have been necessary for him. I think it depends on the spiritual components that one starts out with and what the ultimate goal is. I see the middle pillar as incorporating the parts of oneself that one was given. However we have inherited the grimoire, that which takes two to use and one to carry. There are three keys, nobility, wisdom, and unity - not just one and we need them all. Or at least I do, to make an understanding of the path. Right now though we have to deal with the labyrinths.'

"Well you have to remember that for Teomim Cabala had not yet made it's way into it. The idea of the Middle Pillar as a way to tamper opposites only really came into Hermetic thought and the Solificati really shared allot of the core Hermetic ideals with us, at the end of the Renaissance, however in many ways the quest for the alchemical hermaphrodite is walking the Middle Pillar, it is a union of oposites that is needed to find the proper path."
Joakim said then he finished his coffee and put the cup down on the desk.
"But yes we have to deal with these labyrinths for now, there will be plenty of time to discuss the philosophy of it later if we survive."

"Yes sir." He gave Colin and Joakim a nod and then headed to the fireplace room again to deal with the wad of notes that he had collected.

Joakim gave you a polite nod back as you left. There are few people in the hallways as you made your way to the sitting room with the fireplace. Mrs Yellow had fallen asleep in a furry ball on one of the steps on the stairs, most of the magi of Morningstar where gathered in the cafeteria though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:18 pm

Well you have to remember that for Teomim Cabala had not yet made it's way into it. The idea of the Middle Pillar as a way to tamper opposites only really came into Hermetic thought and the Solificati really shared allot of the core Hermetic ideals with us, at the end of the Renaissance, however in many ways the quest for the alchemical hermaphrodite is walking the Middle Pillar, it is a union of oposites that is needed to find the proper path.But yes we have to deal with these labyrinths for now, there will be plenty of time to discuss the philosophy of it later if we survive.""

'I do remember that, just as you said I'm not beholden to only what was learned at that time but the overall concept has similar merit.  I don't know exactly how to get there. Yet. I'd very much appreciate having a world, life, friends and family around to figure it out. And the pinecone makes us feel hopeful that we got further, at some point in time. I believe it is a part of my sister or at least it reminds me and my avatar of what her avatar used to be, before it sacrificed itself for us.' He showed the note to both of them and then started folding his stack into triangles.

Joakim gave you a polite nod back as you left. There are few people in the hallways as you made your way to the sitting room with the fireplace. Mrs Yellow had fallen asleep in a furry ball on one of the steps on the stairs, most of the magi of Morningstar where gathered in the cafeteria though.

Adley stepped around the cat as he made his way to the sitting room. He went in and arranged the notes, then started a small fire in the fireplace again. He sat down cross-legged and carefully began to burn them so that they couldn't be found later by an unwanted party. As he did, he ruminated a little on what the notes contained, especially committing to memory the hints that his avatar had lend to him. Watching the paper curl up and dissolve into smoke, leaving behind their ashes reminded him of what he was told while he was coming out of his Seeking. That the vessel had to withstand the fire, to grow he had to burn, be refined and created anew. "What is to give light must endure burning."

He looked at the scrap that held the words of his Avatar. They had been tortured as Dylan...tortured until Claire could not stand it and had sacrificed herself for them. Tortured by Abigail...beyond all measure to every extent of his being and Claire and her Forest God had gone into the caul...and he had come back as a Flambeau, not a scientist this time. As he held the last paper in his hand a very troubling thought came into his mind, something that Ellen had said. How many male prisoners had there been, when they had been there? The thought gave him a rotten feeling in his stomach somewhere, down in the pit of it. He frowned then looked back at the slip. If the pinecone was part of the grimoire, her part, he still hadn't found how to access his, at least not directly. She always was a bit ahead of him that way. Born after him but awakened before him. 'When the world needed it most...what was done once can be done again. But whether it damns them all or saves them, who would know but the highest...' He read the page again and then took a breath as he put the paper into the fire, and blew on the embers.

// I missed a bit of one of your earlier posts Anja, the last part where you wrote about Claire & Dylan, sorry about that.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : whups double posted somehow, stupid copy pasta)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:52 pm

"Hum...I do not think I can help you much with that Mr Wainwright but you can always ask around when this crisis is over you will be payed well for the job the way I understand it so you should be able to hire help."
Joakim said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Research and theorycraft first, then see who and how many i must and can hire to assist..."

"One of your future children...that is not exactly good news to get, especially if the Tradition's policies on such matters have not changed by then..."
He said with a frown.
"I see...well, let us get to that bridge first, before we try to cross it."
He sighed, "Indeed. We'll hope we can make some changes in practice before then..."

Joakim protested and shook his head slightly before sipping his coffee again.
"I see pardon the misunderstanding then Sodalis...hum...well that would seam to make sense then yes, and I do hope that you are able to figure out how to use the pine cone and when."
Joakim said and handed the note back, still a bit uneasy about this leap of faith.
He looked at Joakim for a moment, and opened his mouth to reply even as Adley spoke. He shook his head, "As Adley said, you were not the third person I had in mind, no..."
He fished under his collar for the bead necklace, "Speaking of which, would you perhaps like this back now? And the last of the tainted Tass I left with you - I suppose I should bring that along, as well."

He gave his friend a glance, concerned about whatever was replaying in his mind at the moment.
He gave Adley a thin smile with a hint of bitterness at the edges, "Ancient history, of sorts... Those captured alive weren't caught by the military, but by some surprisingly savage farmers who hadn't heard of the Geneva Convention... It was... swept under the rug, and the farm was made... one with the landscape by the Iraqi military later. It was a bad time for everyone involved..."

He muttered.
"Which twins are we talking about?"
"No...you are right, it is probably best not to."
He hesitantly agreed.
He nodded, "I do believe there's only one other pair of twins that has popped up as an... issue in the current debacle, anyway."

"Oh, I think we will be bringing it, yes..." Then something came to his mind. 'A pine cone implies there is a pine tree...somewhen. If this pine cone is in the future, are we meant to plant it's seeds so that it can grow? My head hurts thinking about that...and I don't recall the Verbena tree being a pine, was it? He handed the note to Colin.
"It could be a pine tree somewhere or off course the pine cone could have been manifested as a symbol more than something that have grown on an actual tree."
Joakim said once he had read that part of Adley's note.
He shook his head, "No, the Boston tree is a will...ow... bloody hell, I've got to send a message!"
He whipped out his phone and tapped in a message to Cita, "Ask Amadeus if The Tree's willow bark can be used as a painkiller - the connection might play into it."

He tapped the pen a moment then wrote out, 'I know that I have a path and a goal and I believe it is possible to do. I do not know exactly what that path entails in detail or even if we will necessarily be able to complete it in my lifetime. I am not so sure one needs to 'become' an artificial anything. It's not necessarily the same path as him but we might learn form it. For him, finding another, external complement may have made sense or may have been necessary for him. I think it depends on the spiritual components that one starts out with and what the ultimate goal is. I see the middle pillar as incorporating the parts of oneself that one was given. However we have inherited the grimoire, that which takes two to use and one to carry. There are three keys, nobility, wisdom, and unity - not just one and we need them all. Or at least I do, to make an understanding of the path. Right now though we have to deal with the labyrinths.'
Joakim read the note and he considered what you have written, there was not much he could add about it but he did nod.
"Hum...interesting...yes I agree learning from the Betrayer in this could be wise, whatever else he was he was a knowledgeable mage and no one knew more about Avatars."
"Well you have to remember that for Teomim Cabala had not yet made it's way into it. The idea of the Middle Pillar as a way to tamper opposites only really came into Hermetic thought and the Solificati really shared allot of the core Hermetic ideals with us, at the end of the Renaissance, however in many ways the quest for the alchemical hermaphrodite is walking the Middle Pillar, it is a union of oposites that is needed to find the proper path."
Joakim said then he finished his coffee and put the cup down on the desk.
"But yes we have to deal with these labyrinths for now, there will be plenty of time to discuss the philosophy of it later if we survive."
'I do remember that, just as you said I'm not beholden to only what was learned at that time but the overall concept has similar merit. I don't know exactly how to get there. Yet. I'd very much appreciate having a world, life, friends and family around to figure it out. And the pinecone makes us feel hopeful that we got further, at some point in time. I believe it is a part of my sister or at least it reminds me and my avatar of what her avatar used to be, before it sacrificed itself for us.' He showed the note to both of them and then started folding his stack into triangles.
He pondered for a moment, giving Adley a sideways look, "Perhaps an artificial Rebis won't be necessary, as such... Remember, the Avatar merging was the part where Teomim failed - but their later research might have... probably did, come to think of it, learn how to artificially bond two Avatars together... I hadn't thought about this before, Adley, but back when you knew Carmon, Beatrice wasn't there, was she?"

Joakim said and handed the notes back to Adley.
He nodded, "Deeply conflicted, but tainted enough to not dare return to the Traditions, I'll wager..."

"We can not let it go unaddressed Mr Wainwright, we can not. But it will be a black day for the Traditions if two Primi gets removed for such crimes, also that Bastard Tytalus I understand could do such a thing but the Chorister Prima....well I guess she can be fanatical in her way."
Joakim said with a concerned frown.
He nodded, "A black day, perhaps, but what would it mean for the Traditions if it became common knowledge that we let an illegal flaying of a Tradition member be swept under the carpet with no consequences for those who made it happen? I'll take the minor hit of axing two Primi over a lynch mob asking for all their heads any day..."

"Amicus, I don't know that it's wise to try such a thing while you are loaded with those items, as they seem to act in a general way through space," he said practically. "At any rate it is the ars of entropy that continue to elude me."
He didn't twitch a muscle at the feeling of Joakim's hand, but arched an eyebrow at Adley's protest, nodded simply, and pulled off his jacket, hanging it on the back of his chair, "A fair point, Adley - now it is all off me and hung aside. And there's nothing but pure Prime involved; a simple grounding, if you will."

"Thank you."
Joakim said and he looked at you for a moment.
"Try to get back alive I have a feeling Miss Adlebloom would be most cross with me if you did not."
He said with a slight smile then he turned serious again and gave you a respectful nod.
Joakim instructed.
He grinned, "She'll be cross with you, but there's no telling what she'll do to me."
He nodded briskly, "Then I shall report to Lady Crexia once I have the... extra munitions. If time allows, I'll try to teach her and a few others to employ tainted Tass, as well. If they can use it to add strength to the ward dismantling, we should be able to tear it apart in record time."

He grinned as he carefully avoided treading on the cat on his way up to Samantha's apartment. "Someone's unruffled by the crisis, at least..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:10 am

He looked at Joakim for a moment, and opened his mouth to reply even as Adley spoke. He shook his head, "As Adley said, you were not the third person I had in mind, no..."

"Pardon my interruption," he said, then glanced at the necklace curiously.

He gave Adley a thin smile with a hint of bitterness at the edges, "Ancient history, of sorts... Those captured alive weren't caught by the military, but by some surprisingly savage farmers who hadn't heard of the Geneva Convention... It was... swept under the rug, and the farm was made... one with the landscape by the Iraqi military later. It was a bad time for everyone involved..."

"I see...that...sounds extremely unpleasant and most upsetting." He shook his head.

He shook his head, "No, the Boston tree is a will...ow... bloody hell, I've got to send a message!"
He whipped out his phone and tapped in a message to Cita, "Ask Amadeus if The Tree's willow bark can be used as a painkiller - the connection might play into it."

"Amicus?"

He pondered for a moment, giving Adley a sideways look, "Perhaps an artificial Rebis won't be necessary, as such... Remember, the Avatar merging was the part where Teomim failed - but their later research might have... probably did, come to think of it, learn how to artificially bond two Avatars together... I hadn't thought about this before, Adley, but back when you knew Carmon, Beatrice wasn't there, was she?"

"As such," he agreed. Then he looked thoughtful at his question about Beatrice, bringing up one hand to rub at his hair. "Hm...did I? We?"

He didn't twitch a muscle at the feeling of Joakim's hand, but arched an eyebrow at Adley's protest, nodded simply, and pulled off his jacket, hanging it on the back of his chair, "A fair point, Adley - now it is all off me and hung aside. And there's nothing but pure Prime involved; a simple grounding, if you will."

"Ah, see maybe that is where I'm getting it wrong in the first place, a wrong assumption," he said. "I wonder if it is not too dissimilar to the Lesser Banishing after all, then."

He nodded briskly, "Then I shall report to Lady Crexia once I have the... extra munitions. If time allows, I'll try to teach her and a few others to employ tainted Tass, as well. If they can use it to add strength to the ward dismantling, we should be able to tear it apart in record time."

"I will see you soon," he said as he went to his task.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:36 am

Colin smiled, "Chief Joakim lent me some of his Vis - for its soothing presence. It's worked quite well, but I expect he may want the extra power boost on hand for the upcoming fight now."

"I see...that...sounds extremely unpleasant and most upsetting." He shook his head.
He just nodded.

"Amicus?"
He grinned, "Boiled willow bark is sort of a poor man's aspirin. It might help Beatrice. IF the Coven will allow it, of course; it might be unpleasant for the tree..."

"As such," he agreed. Then he looked thoughtful at his question about Beatrice, bringing up one hand to rub at his hair. "Hm...did I? We?"
"You've mentioned some memories of Carmon, and some of Beatrice, but not the two together... So I would speculate the two of you were, ah, not connected until the 15th century. The fall of Tremere was... around the eleventh or twelfth century?"

"Ah, see maybe that is where I'm getting it wrong in the first place, a wrong assumption," he said. "I wonder if it is not too dissimilar to the Lesser Banishing after all, then."
He nodded, "An easy mistake to make, since my strongest work until... damn, until yesterday was Entropy. But my own little rinsing ritual was never a matter of chance, just... an attempt to flush the system, as it were. Now that I understand how to put a little more muscle behind it... well, shall we?"
He extended his hand again, gripping Joakim's lightly.

"I will see you soon," he said as he went to his task.
He nodded simply.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:38 am

Adley:

'I do remember that, just as you said I'm not beholden to only what was learned at that time but the overall concept has similar merit.  I don't know exactly how to get there. Yet. I'd very much appreciate having a world, life, friends and family around to figure it out. And the pinecone makes us feel hopeful that we got further, at some point in time. I believe it is a part of my sister or at least it reminds me and my avatar of what her avatar used to be, before it sacrificed itself for us.' He showed the note to both of them and then started folding his stack into triangles.

"Hum...yes off course I do not expect you to understand it all or be ready to work this wonder just yes Sodalis but I have some faith that one day you might be able to, I just fear for what you might have to sacrifice along the way. In either case if ever you need aid with this and there is anything I can do to help then do not hesitate to call on me for it."
Joakim said before he handed the note back.

You got to the sitting room and light a small fire, you can feel your Avatar inside of your soul, watching through your eyes as you burned the notes, she said nothing she just watch as you pondered those words and their meaning, she knew you might be headed to hard places, you had to in other to learn, that to was a way of surviving a fire to be hardened by it, to become stronger. The little notes burned to ash, first curling up, then becoming gray and then turning to powder when you poked at them, their words still rang in your head though.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Research and theorycraft first, then see who and how many i must and can hire to assist..."

"A wise enough approach Mr Wainwright."
The hedge wizard said and nodded in agreement.

He sighed, "Indeed. We'll hope we can make some changes in practice before then..."

Joakim gave you a grim nod at that but he said nothing.

He fished under his collar for the bead necklace, "Speaking of which, would you perhaps like this back now? And the last of the tainted Tass I left with you - I suppose I should bring that along, as well."

"Ah yes off course. I hope it was of some aid to you."
The old hedge wizard said as he rose and went to his safe to retrieve the small bag of corrupted Tass, he held it between his thumb and forefinger with a disgusted look on his face and handed it to you.
"Your...vis my good man."
He muttered as he wiped off his hand on his shirt before accepting the beads of his own Mana back.

"Local population can be scared and that fear can lead to savagery...it is a horrible thing really."
Joakim said softly.
"I can offer no words of comfort other than to say I will leave no one the prisoner of the Nephandi if I am at all able to prevent it...we are not going to leave anyone being."
He declared and gave Colin a sad, pained looked for a moment.

He nodded, "I do believe there's only one other pair of twins that has popped up as an... issue in the current debacle, anyway."

"Ah yes...off course them...well I hope they are not as guilty as they sound for that to would shake the Traditions to it's core."
The Security Chief said and frowned.

You get a reply back from Cita.
"I will ask him. I am on my way down there to check on B and make sure she and her guards get some breakfast I will ask him then."

Adley from what little you remember from your life as the man you have no name for but you are pretty sure was a Nubian you can not remember any prominent women, you remember a friendly cook at the Covenant you grew up in, friendly that is when you where not trying to seal her pies for a quick snack, and you can vaguely see some faces of Diedne you fought, but you do not remember much. Then again while it is most common to be reborn as the same gender that do not always happen but no figure stick out in your mind as could have been Beatrice back then.

He nodded, "Deeply conflicted, but tainted enough to not dare return to the Traditions, I'll wager..."

"Well if such a mage desired staying a mage then returning to the Traditions would not be the best move."
Joakim said wryly.

He nodded, "A black day, perhaps, but what would it mean for the Traditions if it became common knowledge that we let an illegal flaying of a Tradition member be swept under the carpet with no consequences for those who made it happen? I'll take the minor hit of axing two Primi over a lynch mob asking for all their heads any day..."

"That is part of why it would be a black day. Now yes we have to put them to justice absolutely but it will destabilize the Traditions, in all of our history I do not think a Primus have ever been deposed in such a way, some of them have died, and some have left their seats for a fresher ass to sit on it if you excuse my language, and some have been voted out of office by their Traditions supported by Master Porthos but not deposed like this, even the Solificati Primus left of his own will..."
The old Hermetic said and shook his head, he looked rather concerned.

Joakim said nothing he simply waited to see Adley's decision on whatever or not to join in to such a cleansing effort.

He grinned, "She'll be cross with you, but there's no telling what she'll do to me."

"Ah I see...a tough lady, she will make you a good wife one day."
The hedge wizard said approvingly.

"Good, yes rapport to Lady Crexia once you have collection the Tass and if you can teach her your rote it will be a boon."
Joakim agreed.
"I hope so for the rest of the assult will depend on getting those wards down."

He grinned as he carefully avoided treading on the cat on his way up to Samantha's apartment. "Someone's unruffled by the crisis, at least..."

The plump yellow cat ignored you as you stepped past her she was pretty used to foot traffic she just kept on sleeping, slightly snoring where she lay curled up, dreaming of mice that needed catching. You get to Samantha's room and knock on the door, shortly after the young Etherite opened the door and looks out, she smiles at you.
"Ah Mr Wainwright come in what you asked for is done and I had the time to make a few bullets as well the you might find useful."
She said and pushed her brass Ethergoggles out of the way and up onto her head as she spoke.

Adley again:

The necklace had simple white beads, it felt odd to you. It was Tass but refined, it felt almost like looking at a radiator oven next to a roaring bonfire, both where Ignem...but one was far more pure and raw, the hedge wizard's Mana felt refined to the point of near uselessness to you as you looked at it.

"We met her...she was there I and the Forest God have always traveled together, but our hosts where not close then, she was a formidable foe, a enemy to respect even as you finally defeated her..."
You hear in your head or rather more feel it, and you get a quick glimpse of a Diedne Master standing there in a grove of trees, white hair flowing down her back, she might be Mongolian thought such things mattered little to the Order who did not care where someone came from, only where their House was from and the strength of their Gift and this witch where powerful, and she would rip you and Carmon apart on the battlefield if you did not get her first. It was a moment of fear and of excitement as you moved on the druidness then the ground shook under your feet and ripped itself apart and only Carmon's quick reflexes saved you. The Diedne Covenant leader, one of Llewellyn's own apprentices had not been easy to find but if you could defeat her the fallen House would have lost one of it's most important leaders...Then you where back in Joakim's office, standing on the solid floor and there where no old, white haired witch trying her best to kill you.

(OOC: Oh not to worry I miss things at times as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:58 pm

"A wise enough approach Mr Wainwright."
The hedge wizard said and nodded in agreement.
Colin nodded, "Yes, well, rushing in blind gets people killed or worse... So I won't do that. Not when the ship is like she is - I'll probably make a few trips to study her before I get started on the clenaup job, at the very least."

"Ah yes off course. I hope it was of some aid to you."
The old hedge wizard said as he rose and went to his safe to retrieve the small bag of corrupted Tass, he held it between his thumb and forefinger with a disgusted look on his face and handed it to you.
"Your...vis my good man."
He muttered as he wiped off his hand on his shirt before accepting the beads of his own Mana back.
He smiled thinly as he handed Joakim his necklace back, and pocketed the corrupted Tass again, "It was quite the soothing influence - not exactly like aloe on a burn, but not entirely dissimilar, either... and I'll be glad to have this crap tactically disposed of. It's useful, but I wouldn't want to keep it around indefinitely."

"Local population can be scared and that fear can lead to savagery...it is a horrible thing really."
Joakim said softly.
"I can offer no words of comfort other than to say I will leave no one the prisoner of the Nephandi if I am at all able to prevent it...we are not going to leave anyone being."
He declared and gave Colin a sad, pained looked for a moment.
He nodded slowly, giving Joakim a sympathetic look as he spoke it a weary, understanding voice, "You've been there, as well..."

"Ah yes...off course them...well I hope they are not as guilty as they sound for that to would shake the Traditions to it's core."
The Security Chief said and frowned.
He grimaced, "I hope the exact nature of their guilt at least becomes clear - if they are guilty, they must face justice. If they've been cleverly framed, they must be exonerated... For now, the former seems the most likely."

"Well if such a mage desired staying a mage then returning to the Traditions would not be the best move."
Joakim said wryly.
He frowned, "Precisely... That's how it seems the Fallen have gotten their claws into several other Magi over the years, as well - getting close and suddenly springing the 'guilt by association' trap on them. If they can suddenly skip the grooming process and strengthen their own weaker members by merging them with Traditionalists who know what's going to happen if they go home..."

"That is part of why it would be a black day. Now yes we have to put them to justice absolutely but it will destabilize the Traditions, in all of our history I do not think a Primus have ever been deposed in such a way, some of them have died, and some have left their seats for a fresher ass to sit on it if you excuse my language, and some have been voted out of office by their Traditions supported by Master Porthos but not deposed like this, even the Solificati Primus left of his own will..."
The old Hermetic said and shook his head, he looked rather concerned.
He nodded thoughtfully, "There... might be a way to soften the blow, though. Offer them the chance to resign before it goes to trial - they'll not escape justice, but they'll at least be able to have the trial conducted in a less... public manner, perhaps. Allow the Seats to avoid the worst of the storm while the two accused are no longer seated Primi. They might accept that as a means to shelter the Traditions from the worst..."

"Ah I see...a tough lady, she will make you a good wife one day."
The hedge wizard said approvingly.
He grinned, "Indeed."

"Good, yes rapport to Lady Crexia once you have collection the Tass and if you can teach her your rote it will be a boon."
Joakim agreed.
"I hope so for the rest of the assult will depend on getting those wards down."
He nodded, "If we're lucky, the Jade Demon tears at them from his end, too - though, we can't rely on that, of course."

The plump yellow cat ignored you as you stepped past her she was pretty used to foot traffic she just kept on sleeping, slightly snoring where she lay curled up, dreaming of mice that needed catching. You get to Samantha's room and knock on the door, shortly after the young Etherite opened the door and looks out, she smiles at you.
"Ah Mr Wainwright come in what you asked for is done and I had the time to make a few bullets as well the you might find useful."
She said and pushed her brass Ethergoggles out of the way and up onto her head as she spoke.
He arched an eyebrow, "Hello again, miss Kelly... Ah, excellent... just the bullets, or complete rounds with casing and charge?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:55 pm

Colin nodded, "Yes, well, rushing in blind gets people killed or worse... So I won't do that. Not when the ship is like she is - I'll probably make a few trips to study her before I get started on the clenaup job, at the very least."

"Yes with a ship like the Serafina with all she have been through caution is the most prudent course of action."
Joakim said and nodded in agreement.

He smiled thinly as he handed Joakim his necklace back, and pocketed the corrupted Tass again, "It was quite the soothing influence - not exactly like aloe on a burn, but not entirely dissimilar, either... and I'll be glad to have this crap tactically disposed of. It's useful, but I wouldn't want to keep it around indefinitely."

"Hum...it could be that refined Mana are static by nature. I do not know your Resonance but it could be your Gift appreciate it or are strengthened by something that are of a static nature."
He speculated.
"Yes that stuff is certainly not something I would want to keep around longer than need be Mr Wainwright there is a reason why selling the damned stuff carry a heavy penalty in the Traditions."

He nodded slowly, giving Joakim a sympathetic look as he spoke it a weary, understanding voice, "You've been there, as well..."

"I have..."
The old hedge wizard confirmed in a sad, tired voice.
"And I will remember their faces until the day I die, perhaps even longer depending on what afterlife there will be for someone like me."

He grimaced, "I hope the exact nature of their guilt at least becomes clear - if they are guilty, they must face justice. If they've been cleverly framed, they must be exonerated... For now, the former seems the most likely."

"I agree Mr Wainwright if they are guilty they must face justice and answer for what they have done, however if they are innocent that to must come clear but from what you have told me about the unfortunate affair...yes the former seams more likely...life will not be calm and tranquil in the Traditions for quite some time it seams."
He agreed with a sigh.

He frowned, "Precisely... That's how it seems the Fallen have gotten their claws into several other Magi over the years, as well - getting close and suddenly springing the 'guilt by association' trap on them. If they can suddenly skip the grooming process and strengthen their own weaker members by merging them with Traditionalists who know what's going to happen if they go home..."

"Yes I have heard about a few such fates, if...Gilgul is what await when you go home, many would take their chances with the Fallen as such a punishment is not...kind."
He said sadly and shook his head.
"You paint a grim picture Mr Wainwright let us hope this is not what the Fallen have in mind and that if it is they never get what they need to accomplish such a thing."

He nodded thoughtfully, "There... might be a way to soften the blow, though. Offer them the chance to resign before it goes to trial - they'll not escape justice, but they'll at least be able to have the trial conducted in a less... public manner, perhaps. Allow the Seats to avoid the worst of the storm while the two accused are no longer seated Primi. They might accept that as a means to shelter the Traditions from the worst..."

"That would be better than having two seated Primi on trial and they might agree to it, it would be less of an embarrassment for them and for their students and Chantries and that might motivate them to cooperate, we are going to have to see...in either case it is not a thing it is safe to discuss to much about, not even within these walls."
He said but he still looked rather concerned.

He grinned, "Indeed."

Joakim gave a warm smile at that.
"I hope the two of you get many good years together."

He nodded, "If we're lucky, the Jade Demon tears at them from his end, too - though, we can't rely on that, of course."

"He is going to have to I presume if he want to get into the Labyrinth so we can hope we are lucky but like you say we can not rely on it..."

He arched an eyebrow, "Hello again, miss Kelly... Ah, excellent... just the bullets, or complete rounds with casing and charge?"

"Complete rounds Mr Wainwright but only three of them, they have taken a bit of time to make."
Samantha said as she let you into her apartment, she pointed to the Quintessence tanks who now where fitted with thick leather straps to form a ind of backpack out of them, the leather was neatly sewn with brass buckles.
"I hope this will do Sir."
The Etherite said before she went to find three rounds.
"These should fit your weapon will they not...the enchantment on them will only last for a day or two though, afterwards I do not know how effective they will be so it is probably best to dispose of them after today...ah yes what they do...well they increase gravity around someone hit with this bullet, they are more meant to take someone alive, increasing pressure until the person hit will not be able to move..."
She said with a bit of a nervous laugh.
"I got the idea from the Paradox spirit that did...this to me..."
She motioned towards the silvery threads that ran along her skin.
"Though the effect with not be quite as...ehm...crushing."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:52 pm

"Hum...it could be that refined Mana are static by nature. I do not know your Resonance but it could be your Gift appreciate it or are strengthened by something that are of a static nature."
He speculated.
"Yes that stuff is certainly not something I would want to keep around longer than need be Mr Wainwright there is a reason why selling the damned stuff carry a heavy penalty in the Traditions."
Colin pondered, "The beads are quite static - it's also quite plausible that that gives it a preservative nature to help soothe spiritual injuries, much in the way an antiseptic salve and some bandages soothe superficial physical injuries. As for this crap..." He gave the bag of corrupted Tass a hairy eyeball, "It's a good thing I can get rid of the stuff safely, then - heck, that Rote might even make such trade restrictions partially obsolete..."

"I have..."
The old hedge wizard confirmed in a sad, tired voice.
"And I will remember their faces until the day I die, perhaps even longer depending on what afterlife there will be for someone like me."
He just nodded.

"I agree Mr Wainwright if they are guilty they must face justice and answer for what they have done, however if they are innocent that to must come clear but from what you have told me about the unfortunate affair...yes the former seams more likely...life will not be calm and tranquil in the Traditions for quite some time it seams."
He agreed with a sigh.
He sighed back, "But, was it truly ever so calm and tranquil?"

"Yes I have heard about a few such fates, if...Gilgul is what await when you go home, many would take their chances with the Fallen as such a punishment is not...kind."
He said sadly and shook his head.
"You paint a grim picture Mr Wainwright let us hope this is not what the Fallen have in mind and that if it is they never get what they need to accomplish such a thing."
He frowned, "Grim... but all too realistic. Of course, whether or not it's what the Fallen have in mind is less relevant, so long as we can keep things out of their hands..."

"That would be better than having two seated Primi on trial and they might agree to it, it would be less of an embarrassment for them and for their students and Chantries and that might motivate them to cooperate, we are going to have to see...in either case it is not a thing it is safe to discuss to much about, not even within these walls."
He said but he still looked rather concerned.
He nodded, "Another time, another place."

Joakim gave a warm smile at that.
"I hope the two of you get many good years together."
He grinned, "Indeed... But it's not the years that matter, it's the moments, isn't it? I might get only twenty years... so I'll make the best of every minute."

"He is going to have to I presume if he want to get into the Labyrinth so we can hope we are lucky but like you say we can not rely on it..."
He shrugged, "For all we know, he might make a bubble around him to counter the presumed Aegis - that would help him greatly and us none."

"Complete rounds Mr Wainwright but only three of them, they have taken a bit of time to make."
Samantha said as she let you into her apartment, she pointed to the Quintessence tanks who now where fitted with thick leather straps to form a ind of backpack out of them, the leather was neatly sewn with brass buckles.
"I hope this will do Sir."
The Etherite said before she went to find three rounds.
"These should fit your weapon will they not...the enchantment on them will only last for a day or two though, afterwards I do not know how effective they will be so it is probably best to dispose of them after today...ah yes what they do...well they increase gravity around someone hit with this bullet, they are more meant to take someone alive, increasing pressure until the person hit will not be able to move..."
She said with a bit of a nervous laugh.
"I got the idea from the Paradox spirit that did...this to me..."
She motioned towards the silvery threads that ran along her skin.
"Though the effect with not be quite as...ehm...crushing."
He picked up the leather contraption and hooked it over his shoulders, testing the reach to the valves, "I was actually expecting something simpler, like a shoulder strap one would find on a rifle... but this should work just as well, and be less cumbersome to lug around."
He pgently plucked one of the bullets and held it up to the light, "Nine millimeter Parabellum, the most common handgun caliber... A safe bet, yes. Store-bought or your father's silver derivative in the projectile?"
He grimaced as she described the effect, "That sounds incredibly painful... Hum, I'll have to reload a magazine, then - along with the few Primium rounds I have for this battle, this should prove a magnificent edge... About how long will the, er, unfortunate target remain... compressed?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:41 pm

Colin pondered, "The beads are quite static - it's also quite plausible that that gives it a preservative nature to help soothe spiritual injuries, much in the way an antiseptic salve and some bandages soothe superficial physical injuries.

"That might be so, in either case I am glad that the beads had a soothing effect on you. If I do not have to use these during the fight you are welcome to borrow them until your Avatar fully heals."
Joakim offered kindly.

As for this crap..." He gave the bag of corrupted Tass a hairy eyeball, "It's a good thing I can get rid of the stuff safely, then - heck, that Rote might even make such trade restrictions partially obsolete..."

"Hum...that would be interesting, well if it is possible to find some safe use in corrupted Tass then yes those trade restrictions might be lessened but since the stuff is...dangerous there will probably always be some limitations to trading in corrupted Quintessence."
Joakim muttered.

He sighed back, "But, was it truly ever so calm and tranquil?"

"No...I suppose we never where. The Traditions started out as a war council and in many ways we still are just that."
Joakim said with a small smile.
"The pot is going to be stirred though, and quite badly at that."

He frowned, "Grim... but all too realistic. Of course, whether or not it's what the Fallen have in mind is less relevant, so long as we can keep things out of their hands..."

"Yes...all to realistic...not one of our prouder sides that."
The old hedge wizard commented then he nodded and got a determined look on his face.
"Indeed, we are going to have to keep the book from their hands."

He nodded, "Another time, another place."

Joakim just nodded at that.

He grinned, "Indeed... But it's not the years that matter, it's the moments, isn't it? I might get only twenty years... so I'll make the best of every minute."

"Very true...it is not the years but the moments that make life worth living."
He said and nodded.
"I am sure you will and I hope you and Miss Adlebloom will find those happy moments together. I do hope you get more than twenty years though Mr Wainwright."

He shrugged, "For all we know, he might make a bubble around him to counter the presumed Aegis - that would help him greatly and us none."

"True enough, true enough we don't know. Hopefully he will do his part to take down those wards though, but no point in speculating on what we are not going to know for sure before we get there."

He picked up the leather contraption and hooked it over his shoulders, testing the reach to the valves, "I was actually expecting something simpler, like a shoulder strap one would find on a rifle... but this should work just as well, and be less cumbersome to lug around."

"I thought something like this would make the tanks easier to handle if you have to move around at some speed Sir."
Samantha said. You could reach and handle the valves while carrying the tanks on your back but it would be easier if you to them off and put them on the floor before manipulating them.

He pgently plucked one of the bullets and held it up to the light, "Nine millimeter Parabellum, the most common handgun caliber... A safe bet, yes. Store-bought or your father's silver derivative in the projectile?"

"Neither, I do not have my father's skill with silver based metals, they are my own blend, they should be fairly balanced though and should have about the same weight as store bought rounds so they should not throw your aim of to much I hope."

He grimaced as she described the effect, "That sounds incredibly painful... Hum, I'll have to reload a magazine, then - along with the few Primium rounds I have for this battle, this should prove a magnificent edge... About how long will the, er, unfortunate target remain... compressed?"

"It is not comfortable...I hope I have calibrated the effect right so it will pin the target down but not snap bones even so...breathing get more labored...young lungs feel like they are on fire...one's head feel fuzzy it...ehm...sorry."
She muttered and drew a deep breath.
"About ten to twenty minutes or until the bullet is removed..."
She explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:36 pm

"Hum...yes off course I do not expect you to understand it all or be ready to work this wonder just yes Sodalis but I have some faith that one day you might be able to, I just fear for what you might have to sacrifice along the way. In either case if ever you need aid with this and there is anything I can do to help then do not hesitate to call on me for it."

"That's a good start, having some hope, faith and help, so thank you." He shrugged and recited. "'I live my life in widening circles,that drift out over the things. I might not achieve the very last, but it will be my aim.' Someday I will read Rilke in his original language..."

Colin smiled, "Chief Joakim lent me some of his Vis - for its soothing presence. It's worked quite well, but I expect he may want the extra power boost on hand for the upcoming fight now."

"I see, I am glad that it helped you to feel better," he said, though he knew that Colin's avatar would not like any attention drawn to that. He resisted asking how he was doing directly, at least.

He grinned, "Boiled willow bark is sort of a poor man's aspirin. It might help Beatrice. IF the Coven will allow it, of course; it might be unpleasant for the tree..."

"That...is a brilliant idea!" he said with a grin. Perhaps not more harmful than helpful, if the material is from its spiritual counterpart given freely to aid their own. I know that he said her branch had withered. I had thought what might happen if we could restore that branch, perhaps this would be similar. The Verbena would know.'

"You've mentioned some memories of Carmon, and some of Beatrice, but not the two together... So I would speculate the two of you were, ah, not connected until the 15th century. The fall of Tremere was... around the eleventh or twelfth century?"

He gave a nod and his face fell into a far away sort of stare into the middle distance. Faces flashed in front of his mind's eye, no one sticking out right away. It took a while but then he felt the spiritual memory blossom there, the grove of trees, the white haired witch

"We met her...she was there I and the Forest God have always traveled together, but our hosts where not close then, she was a formidable foe, a enemy to respect even as you finally defeated her..."

He turned a page over and wrote out to Colin, 'During the Schism War, she was the Covenant leader, apprentice of Llewellyn and a powerful druid. We hunted her and we found her and we tried to kill one another. I would have died trying to take her alone. I assume we engaged in a fight at her grove and we defeated her. But we were not friends, she was a respected enemy then but we...her avatar the Forest God and mine have always been together. I do not know for how long, perhaps ever since they first descended into vessels.'

He nodded, "An easy mistake to make, since my strongest work until... damn, until yesterday was Entropy. But my own little rinsing ritual was never a matter of chance, just... an attempt to flush the system, as it were. Now that I understand how to put a little more muscle behind it... well, shall we?"

'I remember you showed me it when I approached you to show you the banishing ritual. But if it is a forceful...flush, we might lose potency in your items from being in the same area, or set off that foul tass. It's not as if it is restricted to just our bodies, or is it? It has to discharge the stuff somewhere. I cannot help but feel protective of...it. I would not wish to lose it over a lesson. Unless it is necessary, he replied.

You got to the sitting room and light a small fire...The little notes burned to ash, first curling up, then becoming gray and then turning to powder when you poked at them, their words still rang in your head though.

He would have liked more time to contemplate it all but he felt he was making progress and maybe it would have led to overthinking what need to be brought together through experience and inspiration. Some of what he'd learned had been by insight, mistakes he'd made, and some by assistance and intuition and some he thought must be by pure luck. He stood up and banked the fire, scattering the ashes through his fingertips and then returned to the others, focusing himself on what they needed to accomplish.

// since I sort of got two conflicting reactions for Adley as to whether or not his avatar had come across Beatrice's during his time with Carmon, I shuffled them together. If you'd rather have one versus the other let me know and I will change it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 30 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 30  Next