Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

4 posters

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 11 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "Well, I would not have been much better off, since I leaped into the lion's mouth to make sure everyone got out safely. And compared to letting the Fallen have their way with the place uninterrupted, and search for what they wanted in peace... I do think the Mercere will support my judgment call, since it led to the whole place being... thoroughly demolished."

"I support your decision Mr Wainwright and I do think the Red Caps to will see that it was a lesser evil as it where. I am just saying that the Tribunal authorities might have a thing or two to say, you know that whole, conspire not with the enemies of Asencion thing, but yes it was a good move."
Samantha said and nodded.

He nodded, "The Fallen were either killed on the spot, or so saturated with Paradox they'll be very busy not irritating Reality for months. I will light candles for those Union members who died there; it's the least I can do..."

"Good, a few less Nephandi to worry about...Paradox can be a bitch and I have heard something about the Fallen being hit harder with reality's displeasure than the rest of us, I take it the survivors are then a few unhappy Nephies Sir?"
Samantha said and grinned but then she turned serious.
"Yes...that is a nice gesture..."
She muttered.

He nodded, "I will be extremely cautious. But I do believe it has a better than average chance of success."

"Good, I hope it will work out Sir, and thank you."
Samantha said and smiled a little.

He frowned, "Hard to say... Perhaps the material was related to that... biomass the Fallen use? If so, that would explain some of why they wound up... where they did."

"It could be, then again the small samples my father got his hand on of that material did not seam to be corrupted, if it had been so I doubt he would have launched the expedition."
The Etherite said sounding a bit doubtful.
"I guess it is hard to know what happened now..."
She added sadly.

He nodded, "I will do what I can; I can promise no more - even I have my limits, after all... and we'll work something out."

"I can ask for nothing more than that Sir."
Samatha said and gave you a grateful nod.

He nodded, "So a couple hundred drams when she's filled up... That's a lot of power, alright, and I'm guessing she's got rather good fuel economy, too."

"It is, but a full tank will fuel everything for a whole expedition, propulsion, weapons, shields, everything. For a trip to Horizon for example I recon the Serafina might use two or three drams."
Samantha explained.

He nodded and tapped a bit at the end of the tank, "If I understood the schematics you showed me correctly, it's this little knob here, correct? A clockwise twist to open, a counterclockwise twist to close?"

"Yes that is correct Mr Wainwright, that meter on the side will show you how much are in the tank, it should be easy enough to operate just be...very careful with the foul stuff."
The young technomancer said and gave the tanks a disgusted look.

He halted, holding his arm out before Samantha, "What the actual f... miss Kelly, do you see that pine cone, as well? It seems we are not alone..."

Samantha who had been carrying one of the corrupted Quintessence tanks stopped and put the tank down.
"What where...ohh yes I see it...damn who would come in here?"
She asked and looked around a bit nervously, there where no sounds in the ship saves the ones you and Miss Kelly where making, everything else where silent.
"Where do you think they are now and why...why a pine cone?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 11 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Adley Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:11 pm

"Mirri always knows when someone want a bite to eat and what they will want, it is a gift. I will have to remember to thank them both." He said and sat down. "I do not mind at all, and if you have been involved in massive ritual work you probably need it. Please have a seat Sodalis, my chairs a plain but they have to be better than standing while eating."

"Ah, yes sir." He pulled up one of the seats and sat down, trying to calm down the buzzy, fidgety feeling. His spoon paused halfway. Carmon had tried to make him feel better most days, even little things. Every morning he'd turned up looking like he'd seen the bad end of the switch, which apparently had been rather often. At least in this time, his mentor didn't beat him for everything. And it had been a long time since he'd fought over other matters, though there was still some of that lingering it was nowhere near like it had been. He supposed he should have been glad that he didn't get thrown out for that incident with the baker's boy. Though it had been them that suffered the worst of it, worse than being punished himself. Carmon. He was still locked up in that room, staked. He frowned slightly and then continued to eat.

"Tree units? That is good. I will discuss how these resources will be placed among the strike team with Lady Crexia when she gets here then."

His expression cleared a bit and he looked up at the Cheif. "I think you'll find the results interesting."

"The guest that was here was indeed from the household of the Jade Demon, he came to tell us that his master is tired of Abigail's antics and that he is planning an attack, now in a little under an hour, we have reason to think he is being truthful. We where unable to capture the messenger though, perhaps for the best considering the resources we would use to keep him captive. We can not trust the Jade Demon and not cooperate with him directly but we can attack at the same time, it might be a boon for us, though a risky one."

He raised an eyebrow at the man. "Hmmm...."

"Mr Wainwright is speaking with Miss Kelly about some tainted vis he plans to make a bomb out of and Mr Terach is meditating to center himself, he should be up in the dining room shortly. I think Miss Mundis are still resting."

"Ah, thank you sir." He reached out for the paper to continue writing. 'An hour is not a lot of time. We have some ideas for that one part of the problem but we still need to get inside the place. Then deal with A. and the tender. And the caul.' He pushed it back towards him, turning the spoon over a few times in his hand.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:21 pm

His expression cleared a bit and he looked up at the Cheif. "I think you'll find the results interesting."

"As long as they work, I will be happy, as long as they can be used to deal with our Mattea Carlyle problem."
Joakim said and frowned.

He raised an eyebrow at the man. "Hmmm...."

"Yes it is not an ideal situation, but if a less hostile Nephandi group feel like attack and the same time and they wipe one another out or at least kill some of each other's members off and make our strike easier I will take it."

"Ah, thank you sir." He reached out for the paper to continue writing. 'An hour is not a lot of time. We have some ideas for that one part of the problem but we still need to get inside the place. Then deal with A. and the tender. And the caul.' He pushed it back towards him, turning the spoon over a few times in his hand.

"It is not allot of time no, but I think we are can do it, hopefully Mr Wainwright's plan can help us deal with their wards, once they are done I am thinking of sending one group inn through the Umbra, one through the hidden passage the ehm...merchandise told us about and one through the sewers, striking from three directions at once. As for the caul, we burn it's physical parts while we let our remaining Spirit Masters do the rest, but we need to clear out the Labyrinth before that so they can work in peace. We are also going to need one team to deal with Miss Carlyle."
He said and sigh.
"It is allot to organize Sodalis, but it can be done."

(OOC: Again sorry for my late reply I started watching Santa Clarita Diet and I sort of got hooked and watched the entire season in a go and lost track of time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:43 am

"I support your decision Mr Wainwright and I do think the Red Caps to will see that it was a lesser evil as it where. I am just saying that the Tribunal authorities might have a thing or two to say, you know that whole, conspire not with the enemies of Asencion thing, but yes it was a good move."
Colin shrugged, "I am quite aware there will be some stern words. I mostly expect there will be some punitive action of some sort; a demand I help with the acquisition of a new Chantry. I... would be quite alright with that."

"Good, a few less Nephandi to worry about...Paradox can be a bitch and I have heard something about the Fallen being hit harder with reality's displeasure than the rest of us, I take it the survivors are then a few unhappy Nephies Sir?"
Samantha said and grinned but then she turned serious.
"Yes...that is a nice gesture..."
She muttered.
He nodded, "Part of the leadership, actually, according to the prisoner I've been questioning... which is a mixed blessing, I fear - it means we might be able to take them prisoner, but they are powerful and competent, and they can likely provide strong defensive support down there, even if they must be cautious with magic."

"It could be, then again the small samples my father got his hand on of that material did not seam to be corrupted, if it had been so I doubt he would have launched the expedition."
The Etherite said sounding a bit doubtful.
"I guess it is hard to know what happened now..."
She added sadly.
He scratched his cheek, "I'm not actually completely convinced the polyps' biomass is inherently corrupt from the start. It seems entirely possible - though perhaps not necessarily plausible - that the creatures start out as some lesser organism which gets subsequently mutated and shaped by the Fallen. But yes, discerning precisely what happened is... going to be difficult at best."

"It is, but a full tank will fuel everything for a whole expedition, propulsion, weapons, shields, everything. For a trip to Horizon for example I recon the Serafina might use two or three drams."
Samantha explained.
He let out an impressed whistle, "Presumably, that estimate does not include combat necessitated by accidentally bumping into a cross Umbrood?"

"Yes that is correct Mr Wainwright, that meter on the side will show you how much are in the tank, it should be easy enough to operate just be...very careful with the foul stuff."
The young technomancer said and gave the tanks a disgusted look.
He nodded, "I would have preferred a pair of sturdy gloves, but that might interfere with my aim... and I rather doubt mundane gloves would help much anyway."

Samantha who had been carrying one of the corrupted Quintessence tanks stopped and put the tank down.
"What where...ohh yes I see it...damn who would come in here?"
She asked and looked around a bit nervously, there where no sounds in the ship saves the ones you and Miss Kelly where making, everything else where silent.
"Where do you think they are now and why...why a pine cone?"
He narrowed his eyes and put the monocle back against his eye socket, focusing on the pine cone; the simple scan should still be active, and the pine cone should still hold traces of whatever magic brought it here... whether mortal magic or a spirit. "Bugger if I know, but I'm going to take a closer look at it..."
He gently put the cylinder down on the floor and pulled the gun from his pocket, easing ever so slowly closer to the pinecone, making very sure to keep the pistol aimed downrange; the ship's surfaces were largely metal, and ricochets kill...

((OOC: Not a problem; I've been out all day. Got to play a few games of Magic with the gang. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:53 am

He nodded and ate a few more bites of food before picking up the notebook to write a reply. 'The items should work on spiritual beings and pack a good punch. They won't keep it off permanently but at least we will not be unarmed while the rest of the plan is set into motion. I'm not sure what to think about this heads up we got. How much can we trust it, what would be the best way to approach it. Then the hidden passageway, we still aren't sure how to deal with the traps. How can I help? He pushed the paper back to him and then finished up his breakfast, taking stock of if he felt more grounded yet or not.

// No probs, had to go to work anyway. Just saw that show pop up on my Netflix, but I've got Black Mirror to binge first.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:49 am

Colin:

Colin shrugged, "I am quite aware there will be some stern words. I mostly expect there will be some punitive action of some sort; a demand I help with the acquisition of a new Chantry. I... would be quite alright with that."

"Hum...yes that might be so Sir, and it would not be to bad of a punishment I think, help a bunch of Red Caps go house hunting."
Samantha said and grinned.

He nodded, "Part of the leadership, actually, according to the prisoner I've been questioning... which is a mixed blessing, I fear - it means we might be able to take them prisoner, but they are powerful and competent, and they can likely provide strong defensive support down there, even if they must be cautious with magic."

"True enough but if we can take them prisoner we do not have to deal with their widderslaintes later and at least they are weakened, it would be worse if they where old, competent and flinging spells around."

He scratched his cheek, "I'm not actually completely convinced the polyps' biomass is inherently corrupt from the start. It seems entirely possible - though perhaps not necessarily plausible - that the creatures start out as some lesser organism which gets subsequently mutated and shaped by the Fallen. But yes, discerning precisely what happened is... going to be difficult at best."

"The sample my father examined was a metal, a spiritual mental. Now I guess a creature could start out as a mental but it do not seam likely to me. In any case as you say Sir it is not likely we will figure out what happened but standing here and speculating about it, we just know to little unfortunately, to come up with a good hypothesis."

He let out an impressed whistle, "Presumably, that estimate does not include combat necessitated by accidentally bumping into a cross Umbrood?"

"Yes actually it do Mr Wainwright, well the full tank one not the two or three drams one, there would have to be used more Quintessence to activate the weapons systems."
The Etherite said and smiled a little.

He nodded, "I would have preferred a pair of sturdy gloves, but that might interfere with my aim... and I rather doubt mundane gloves would help much anyway."

"They might make you feel better...but no beyond that mundane gloves will not do much, the tanks keep the Quintessence pretty contained though but yes there is a risk in handling this much corrupted Quintessence."
Samantha said with a deep frown.

He narrowed his eyes and put the monocle back against his eye socket, focusing on the pine cone; the simple scan should still be active, and the pine cone should still hold traces of whatever magic brought it here... whether mortal magic or a spirit. "Bugger if I know, but I'm going to take a closer look at it..."
He gently put the cylinder down on the floor and pulled the gun from his pocket, easing ever so slowly closer to the pinecone, making very sure to keep the pistol aimed downrange; the ship's surfaces were largely metal, and ricochets kill...

"Ok...please tell me what you find out Sir."
Samantha said, she took two mental pipes form her purse and flicked them and axe blades that definitively should not fit into those pipes popped out of them, then she stood there, looking around wearily.

You look at the pine cone, it had a soft, plesant Resonance filled with the sweet Dynamic energy of new growth, a tree to be, perfect, delicate and clean, it was quite nice to look at that little spot of pureness in all of the nastiness all over the Serafina actually.

Adley:

He nodded and ate a few more bites of food before picking up the notebook to write a reply. 'The items should work on spiritual beings and pack a good punch. They won't keep it off permanently but at least we will not be unarmed while the rest of the plan is set into motion.

Joakim nodded at that and and took a few bites himself as he read your note.
"Good that should give Master Telar time to instigate her part of the plan."

I'm not sure what to think about this heads up we got. How much can we trust it,

Joakim frowned as he read this.
"About as far as I could throw this building, unaided by magic, they might be less aggressive but they are Nephandi...never the less it do make sense for the Jade Demon to have a bone to pick with Abigail and her lot."

what would be the best way to approach it. Then the hidden passageway, we still aren't sure how to deal with the traps. How can I help? He pushed the paper back to him and then finished up his breakfast, taking stock of if he felt more grounded yet or not.

"We can not by law plan anything with them, just attack at the same time and hope they keep some of the defenses occupied, as for the hidden passage we might have to brute force that using spells to try to look for traps and get rid of them as we go along, but it will not be safe, then again it is not likely to be any safer with a few more hours to plan either. I ehm...would want to put at least one person who have dealt with Miss Carlyle earlier on the team going after her, but I can not ask anyone for such a dangerous duty, still you and Mr Wainwright got away from her, got your team away from her safely, I would want to place you on that team but will not order it."
Joakim said and he looked quite concerned then he gave a wry grin.
"Old man Morgan is going to have my hide for this."
He...half...joked.

(OOC: Nice did you win? I am hoping to get some MtG gaming done today.)

(OOC 2: I have not seen Black Mirror the Santa Clarita show was funny, though it ended abruptly so now I am waiting for more episodes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:12 am

"True enough but if we can take them prisoner we do not have to deal with their widderslaintes later and at least they are weakened, it would be worse if they where old, competent and flinging spells around."
Colin nodded, "Still, best not underestimate traps and firearms..."

"The sample my father examined was a metal, a spiritual mental. Now I guess a creature could start out as a mental but it do not seam likely to me. In any case as you say Sir it is not likely we will figure out what happened but standing here and speculating about it, we just know to little unfortunately, to come up with a good hypothesis."
"Ah, it was a metal... Then, no, I don't suppose it would have been that biomass. Hum, it is an intriguing prospect."

"Yes actually it do Mr Wainwright, well the full tank one not the two or three drams one, there would have to be used more Quintessence to activate the weapons systems."
The Etherite said and smiled a little.
He smiled, "I did mean the three-drams-to-Horizon... Hum, that does sound like a 'Why is the rum gone' scenario, actually..."

"They might make you feel better...but no beyond that mundane gloves will not do much, the tanks keep the Quintessence pretty contained though but yes there is a risk in handling this much corrupted Quintessence."
Samantha said with a deep frown.
He nodded, "Caution will help, obviously. I'm just glad I don't have to process it through my Avatar - that would have been... bad. Very bad."

"Ok...please tell me what you find out Sir."
Samantha said, she took two mental pipes form her purse and flicked them and axe blades that definitively should not fit into those pipes popped out of them, then she stood there, looking around wearily.
He arched an eyebrow at Samantha, "Neat trick. Are those available in walking cane form, too?"

You look at the pine cone, it had a soft, plesant Resonance filled with the sweet Dynamic energy of new growth, a tree to be, perfect, delicate and clean, it was quite nice to look at that little spot of pureness in all of the nastiness all over the Serafina actually.
He frowned, "That's strange... It's clean. Completely healthy and fresh, like spring rain over a newly planted arboretum..."
He carefully picked it up with his free hand, "...Could it be... Is it possible the souls of the crew might still linger, waiting for someone to release them from the taint that still engulfs the ship?"

((OOC: Won one game; we played a Star format game, and my ally to the right used the opportunity after one of my opponents was killed to snipe my other opponent... and he was really smug about it until he realized he literally just gave me a free victory. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:51 am

Colin nodded, "Still, best not underestimate traps and firearms..."

"Very true Mr Wainwright, one should not underestimate mundane attacks, however I would rather have traps and firearms than a powerful mage hurling a fireball the size of a truck at me."

"Ah, it was a metal... Then, no, I don't suppose it would have been that biomass. Hum, it is an intriguing prospect."

"It is an interesting prospect indeed, and yes it was metal Sir, the question is if searching for that metal lead the ship and crew to such a horrid place or did they end up there by accident."
Samantha asked and glanced over at you.

He smiled, "I did mean the three-drams-to-Horizon... Hum, that does sound like a 'Why is the rum gone' scenario, actually..."

The Etherite gave a bit of a smile at that.
"Indeed, but yes when traveling in the Umbra, especially the deep Umbra you better be ready to defend yourself for there are allot of things out there that would eat you...or worse in a heartbeat."
She said and frowned.

He nodded, "Caution will help, obviously. I'm just glad I don't have to process it through my Avatar - that would have been... bad. Very bad."

"Very bad indeed Sir...unless you enjoy Jhor."
Samantha said and she sounded a bit easy.

He arched an eyebrow at Samantha, "Neat trick. Are those available in walking cane form, too?"

"I am sure one could be made but I am not sure how to do so in a way that anyone could use, it is not an talisman it is just a practical focus."
She said still looking around nervously.

He frowned, "That's strange... It's clean. Completely healthy and fresh, like spring rain over a newly planted arboretum..."
He carefully picked it up with his free hand, "...Could it be... Is it possible the souls of the crew might still linger, waiting for someone to release them from the taint that still engulfs the ship?"

"It is possible...if so it would be very sad and we have to find a way to help them..."
Samantha said and glanced at the pine cone.
"It is clean? Not tainted by the general Resonance of the ship?"
She asked doubtfully.
"What should we do with it?"

(OOC: I have not tried Star format, sounds like fun.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:17 pm

"Very true Mr Wainwright, one should not underestimate mundane attacks, however I would rather have traps and firearms than a powerful mage hurling a fireball the size of a truck at me."
Colin shrugged, "That depends a lot on the concealment of the trap and the aim of the Mage. If the Mage in question is known for clever trap designs and severe visual impairments, I think I might prefer trying to dodge the fireball."

"Very bad indeed Sir...unless you enjoy Jhor."
Samantha said and she sounded a bit easy.
He shrugged, "I don't think anyone truly does... Well, the Fallen see it as something of a badge of merit of sorts, but I don't know that they actually enjoy it..."

"I am sure one could be made but I am not sure how to do so in a way that anyone could use, it is not an talisman it is just a practical focus."
She said still looking around nervously.
He nodded, "Perhaps someday..."

"It is possible...if so it would be very sad and we have to find a way to help them..."
Samantha said and glanced at the pine cone.
"It is clean? Not tainted by the general Resonance of the ship?"
She asked doubtfully.
"What should we do with it?"
He warily picked the pinecone up in his left hand, holding it closer, "I think... we should bring it with us - it wouldn't do to leave it here. I think... if someone can put it in a dimensional pocket, such as Master Harris' burner hell, it can be examined at a later time; see if someone can divine who put it there and why."

((OOC: It is fun; one Ally to either side of you, and two Opponents across the table. Politics becomes a hairy beastie, and global effects can become a genuine pain in the rear. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:33 pm

Colin shrugged, "That depends a lot on the concealment of the trap and the aim of the Mage. If the Mage in question is known for clever trap designs and severe visual impairments, I think I might prefer trying to dodge the fireball."

"Hum....what if the mage in question just decided to make you implode instead Sir, there is many mundane things that can be dangerous, however magick have the potential to be more powerful, and more unpredictable."
Samantha protested.

He shrugged, "I don't think anyone truly does... Well, the Fallen see it as something of a badge of merit of sorts, but I don't know that they actually enjoy it..."

"Well Mr Wainwright the Fallen have penis walls the way I hear it, I am not so sure they are the best consultants for good taste or the best to ask for advice on what to like, even if they enjoyed it."
The Etherite said and frowned.

He nodded, "Perhaps someday..."

Samantha just nodded at that.

He warily picked the pinecone up in his left hand, holding it closer, "I think... we should bring it with us - it wouldn't do to leave it here. I think... if someone can put it in a dimensional pocket, such as Master Harris' burner hell, it can be examined at a later time; see if someone can divine who put it there and why."

"Very well...we can ask Master Harris for help, or one of the others with such capabilities, let us bring the pine cone along then and get out of here."
She said eager to leave the place where so many had lost their lives and her father had lost his sanity.
"I you think it is safe to bring Sir."

(OOC: I have heard about it but not played that format, usually when we are an uneven number of players we play free for all...area effects to say...hum...I do love my Gray Merchants. ;O Perhaps I get to try it out on Sunday when I have the gaming group over to celebrate my birthday.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:58 pm

"Hum....what if the mage in question just decided to make you implode instead Sir, there is many mundane things that can be dangerous, however magick have the potential to be more powerful, and more unpredictable."
Samantha protested.
Colin nodded, "That would indeed be a less desirable scenario. Overall, it would be best to adjust approach according to as accurate intel as would be available. Some times, opening the party with an air strike before putting infantry at risk is indeed the better part of valour."

"Well Mr Wainwright the Fallen have penis walls the way I hear it, I am not so sure they are the best consultants for good taste or the best to ask for advice on what to like, even if they enjoyed it."
The Etherite said and frowned.
He grimaced, "If only it were just penis walls... But yes, point well made."

"Very well...we can ask Master Harris for help, or one of the others with such capabilities, let us bring the pine cone along then and get out of here."
She said eager to leave the place where so many had lost their lives and her father had lost his sanity.
"I you think it is safe to bring Sir."
He nodded, "I think it's safe to assume it's not done by anything Fallen or otherwise corrupted, at least... and at the same time, I don't think this is a safe place to examine it in further detail, but it will need to be done. The resonances on this thing are strong enough a good diviner should be able to determine who or what put it there... I don't suppose you have a ziploc bag or something similar on you?"
He pocketed the pistol again and picked up the power cell, "Either way, we should make haste."

((OOC: Gray Merchant of Asphodel is an excellent card for Star; it only affects your Opponents, not your Allies. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:05 pm

Colin nodded, "That would indeed be a less desirable scenario. Overall, it would be best to adjust approach according to as accurate intel as would be available. Some times, opening the party with an air strike before putting infantry at risk is indeed the better part of valour."

"I am not so sure we have an air strike for the Labyrinth though, but yes we hae to adjust our attack to what intel we have about the enemy, that I agree with Sir."

He grimaced, "If only it were just penis walls... But yes, point well made."

"No, any frat boy with more Life magick than sense might think that is a funny design choice...let us just agree to not hire the Nephandi as interior decorators."
The Etherite said and grinned.

He nodded, "I think it's safe to assume it's not done by anything Fallen or otherwise corrupted, at least... and at the same time, I don't think this is a safe place to examine it in further detail, but it will need to be done. The resonances on this thing are strong enough a good diviner should be able to determine who or what put it there... I don't suppose you have a ziploc bag or something similar on you?"

"Fair enough points Sir, and let me check."
Samantha said and rummaged though her purse.
"I have this..."
She said and held out a small white paper bag that might have contained roasted hazel nuts at one point in time, then been showed in the young mage's purse once the nuts where consumed and forgotten about.
"Will it work?"

He pocketed the pistol again and picked up the power cell, "Either way, we should make haste."

"Agreed."
Samantha said and picked up the other container and begun to lead the way out of the ship again, once you where both out she keyed in the code to lock it up again. The air got noticeably lighter once you where out of the oppressive Resonance of the Serafina.
"She was a great ship once Sir..."
The Etherite said sadly.
"Well...back to Morningstar then?"

(OOC: The Gray Merchant is my favorite card...I have a deck based on him and his demon friends.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:27 pm

"I am not so sure we have an air strike for the Labyrinth though, but yes we hae to adjust our attack to what intel we have about the enemy, that I agree with Sir."
Colin grinned, "We might not have a literal air strike, but I'm sure we can cook up something of equivalent efficacy."

"No, any frat boy with more Life magick than sense might think that is a funny design choice...let us just agree to not hire the Nephandi as interior decorators."
The Etherite said and grinned.
He shrugged, "Oh, I don't know... I might be pardoned for hiring a few Nephandi interior decorators to make their improvements on MECHA or the odd Union Construct..."

"Fair enough points Sir, and let me check."
Samantha said and rummaged though her purse.
"I have this..."
She said and held out a small white paper bag that might have contained roasted hazel nuts at one point in time, then been showed in the young mage's purse once the nuts where consumed and forgotten about.
"Will it work?"
He nodded and gently eased the pine cone into the bag, "Perfect... A little extra insulation goes a long way, as a minimum precaution."
He dropped it into hos chest pocket, "I'll ask Master Harris, or perhaps young mr. Willis to hide this for a while when we get back."

"Agreed."
Samantha said and picked up the other container and begun to lead the way out of the ship again, once you where both out she keyed in the code to lock it up again. The air got noticeably lighter once you where out of the oppressive Resonance of the Serafina.
"She was a great ship once Sir..."
The Etherite said sadly.
"Well...back to Morningstar then?"
He set the cylinder down on the ground, taking two steps back, "One moment, if you please. I'd like to rinse myself out first, in case I picked up a little something undesired when I... accidentally looked into the past there."
He raised his left hand, focusing on the circle engraved on the signet ring, visualizing the cluttered tunnels and seeing not only the new aperture the ring represented, but Mia as well, orbited by an array of brooms, sweeping the clutter up the passageways and thrusting the clutter out of the opening into oblivion, "Scoria expurgate!"

((OOC: So, quick question - if that rote is upgraded to a second-dot Prime effect, would it be possible to hork out lumps of unwanted Resonance? Obviously not the sort of Resonance that's already settled in the system (I expect that would be at least Prime 3, and probably a bit of Spirit as well), just the loose leftovers from exposure... In any case, Arete roll: 7,0,0 - hot damn! Shocked ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:10 pm

Colin grinned, "We might not have a literal air strike, but I'm sure we can cook up something of equivalent efficacy."

"Well now that might be practical Mr Wainwright but what is it that you have in mind?"
Samantha asked sounding curious.

He shrugged, "Oh, I don't know... I might be pardoned for hiring a few Nephandi interior decorators to make their improvements on MECHA or the odd Union Construct..."

That made the young Etherite luagh.
"Now that I would like to see Sir or...perhaps not."

He nodded and gently eased the pine cone into the bag, "Perfect... A little extra insulation goes a long way, as a minimum precaution."
He dropped it into hos chest pocket, "I'll ask Master Harris, or perhaps young mr. Willis to hide this for a while when we get back."

"We might want to tell Chief Joakim about the pine cone as well once we get back, just to be on the safe side, I mean if it is as clean as you say then it is probably not a issue but it never hurt to be safe."
Samantha suggested.
"We should probably ask Joe, Master Harris might be to busy with the coming assult on the Labyrinth to play secret cabinet for us Sir."

He set the cylinder down on the ground, taking two steps back, "One moment, if you please. I'd like to rinse myself out first, in case I picked up a little something undesired when I... accidentally looked into the past there."

"Off course Mr Wainwright take the time you need, I will wait."
Samantha said and nodded as you stepped back to do your cleansing.

He raised his left hand, focusing on the circle engraved on the signet ring, visualizing the cluttered tunnels and seeing not only the new aperture the ring represented, but Mia as well, orbited by an array of brooms, sweeping the clutter up the passageways and thrusting the clutter out of the opening into oblivion, "Scoria expurgate!"

You work your rote and feel better and more clear once you are done, your thoughts are more in order and you feel better and more rested, you where still tired, but it was like when you had a long day and had a chance for a meal, a shower and twenty minutes of rest, that could do allot of good.

(OOC: Oh my that is a squeaky clean Colin. I will give him back one Willpower point since his rote went so much better than it needed to. As for your question it is possible with Prime to manipulate, change and cleanse Resonance but I do not remember exactly which dot it is in M20 I think it used to be 3. Getting rid of leftovers that have not yet fully become part of his system I think Prime 2 should be able to do.)

(OOC 2: I think I forgot to mention system wise that Adley get 2 free drams of Quintessence from the rituals he was doing, some of what mass of energy stayed. I mentioned in character but not that it was system relevant...anyway he did.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:36 pm

"Well now that might be practical Mr Wainwright but what is it that you have in mind?"
Samantha asked sounding curious.
Colin smirked, "Oh, I don't know... Perhaps dumping a ton of liquid nitrogen down the core of the Labyrinth while we come in from the side, something like that? We have a few ideas bouncing around."

That made the young Etherite luagh.
"Now that I would like to see Sir or...perhaps not."
"The... fallout among our adversaries might be entertaining, at least."

"We might want to tell Chief Joakim about the pine cone as well once we get back, just to be on the safe side, I mean if it is as clean as you say then it is probably not a issue but it never hurt to be safe."
Samantha suggested.
"We should probably ask Joe, Master Harris might be to busy with the coming assult on the Labyrinth to play secret cabinet for us Sir."
He nodded, "Agreed - the pine cone is clean in terms of corruption, but it does look a little... more vital, a bit fresher than one I might find fallen in a forest. Sort of the distinction between a machine-assembled circuit board versus one you've meticulously assembled by hand, diode by diode, resistor by resistor, and so on... The Chief should definitely know, but I'd rather put it outside reality first. And yes, mister Willis is probably going to be more available for the task."

You work your rote and feel better and more clear once you are done, your thoughts are more in order and you feel better and more rested, you where still tired, but it was like when you had a long day and had a chance for a meal, a shower and twenty minutes of rest, that could do allot of good.
He blinked and very nearly took a small jump as he felt vigor flow back into his senses, breathing deep, "Wow... I don't think it's ever worked THAT well... Either that, or I just had more crud in the system than usual, so the effect was more apparent... Alright, I'm pretty much good to go."
He glanced down at his ring, and with a slight frown, he fished out a handkerchief and polished the faceplate carefully, wiping off any residue that might linger, "Who knows, perhaps one day I'll manage to crystallize residual Resonances with that little trick, similar to how some Magi can crystallize Tass... That could make for interesting experiments."
He picked up the cylinder again, back perhaps a little straighter than it had been, "I don't know about you, but I could murder a large plate of bacon, sausages, toast and eggs right now... and a good cup of morning tea."

((OOC: Actually, it seems Prime 4 is needed for simple, unliving patterns and 5 for more complex things (Node cleaning and the like?), so 3 for the Mage's personal Resonances seems fairly right, actually...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:04 pm

Colin smirked, "Oh, I don't know... Perhaps dumping a ton of liquid nitrogen down the core of the Labyrinth while we come in from the side, something like that? We have a few ideas bouncing around."

"Hum...you know Mr Wainwright, I actually like that idea, that could work, and would be oh so much fun...well unless there was killing and dying involved that is..."
Samantha said and smiled.

"The... fallout among our adversaries might be entertaining, at least."

"It would be glorious Sir, not that likely to happen, but glorious if it did."
The Etherite sounded amused.

He nodded, "Agreed - the pine cone is clean in terms of corruption, but it does look a little... more vital, a bit fresher than one I might find fallen in a forest. Sort of the distinction between a machine-assembled circuit board versus one you've meticulously assembled by hand, diode by diode, resistor by resistor, and so on... The Chief should definitely know, but I'd rather put it outside reality first. And yes, mister Willis is probably going to be more available for the task."

"Hum...interesting, well that it suddenly was on the floor here is enough to be suspicious about, but what you say Sir make it sound like it is in some way magickal."
Samantha commented as she walked towards the exit of the ship.
"Well then, Joe first then to ask him to store the thing outside of reality and then telling the Chief what we found, is that the plan?"

He blinked and very nearly took a small jump as he felt vigor flow back into his senses, breathing deep, "Wow... I don't think it's ever worked THAT well... Either that, or I just had more crud in the system than usual, so the effect was more apparent... Alright, I'm pretty much good to go."

"Well it is better when a rote works better than it should Sir, than when it works worse then it should or blow up in your face."
Samantha said.
"Well then we should get back to the Chantry before they start to worry about us."

He glanced down at his ring, and with a slight frown, he fished out a handkerchief and polished the faceplate carefully, wiping off any residue that might linger, "Who knows, perhaps one day I'll manage to crystallize residual Resonances with that little trick, similar to how some Magi can crystallize Tass... That could make for interesting experiments."

"It could and it might save lives as well Sir...lives like my father..."
Samantha said sadly as she picked up her cylinder and started working again.
"It might also make spellcasting easier if you could infuse yourself with the Resonance best suited for a working and get rid of it afterwards, like changing your underwear, that would be awfully practical."

He picked up the cylinder again, back perhaps a little straighter than it had been, "I don't know about you, but I could murder a large plate of bacon, sausages, toast and eggs right now... and a good cup of morning tea."

"Well I bet Mirri is making breakfast, and when you mention it Sir, I am hungry, though I can not stomach that much meat in the morning, I prefer fruit for my morning meal."
The Etherite said as she lead the way back to the elevator and begun keying in the combination to get back to physical reality.
"The Guardian might not show up on the return trip, but remember if she do, then do not look at her or the elevator will take us right back into the Umbra."
She warned.

(OOC: Ok thank you, sounds about right. Well then I am soon of to play some MtG for a few hours.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:16 pm

He took his phone out and checked for any follow up messages and turned the ringer on again, holding the bowl in his other hand, spoon stuck in his mouth. Then he searched for the charger he'd been given and scanned for an outlet to plug in, before returning to eating and listening to the Chief. He raised an eyebrow back at his last comment and then pulled the note to him. "Was there a fireplace in here?" he asked himself, glancing around.

He replied, 'I thought she was not going to be the one to go in, that she was going to make the trap? The reason we got away from M. has more to do with my amicus than myself; I noted it's behavior and reactions. That and a very small part of that soul was not hostile. We won't necessarily have that to count on this time. Also, still to be considered is whether I should go at all given certain...circumstances. I am not saying I will not but want to consider if that is the most strategically sound way to go. I do wish to help of course.' He pushed the note over to him.

// yay, 2 quint. Noted. Well that explains why Crexia looks a bit tired and all the 'young kids' look like they had a quad shot mocha.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:40 pm

"Hum...you know Mr Wainwright, I actually like that idea, that could work, and would be oh so much fun...well unless there was killing and dying involved that is..."
Samantha said and smiled.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "We are assaulting a Labyrinth led by one of the most notorious Nephandi in the northern USA; I'm afraid killing and dying is going to be quite inevitable. Well, hopefully, not so much of the latter for us."

"Hum...interesting, well that it suddenly was on the floor here is enough to be suspicious about, but what you say Sir make it sound like it is in some way magickal."
Samantha commented as she walked towards the exit of the ship.
"Well then, Joe first then to ask him to store the thing outside of reality and then telling the Chief what we found, is that the plan?"
He nodded, "That sounds pretty accurate - could you let him know we'll be needing his immediate services? I'm afraid I don't have his number."

"Well it is better when a rote works better than it should Sir, than when it works worse then it should or blow up in your face."
Samantha said.
"Well then we should get back to the Chantry before they start to worry about us."
He smiled, "I don't think we've been away long enough to make them worry yet - still, time is of the essence."

"It could and it might save lives as well Sir...lives like my father..."
Samantha said sadly as she picked up her cylinder and started working again.
"It might also make spellcasting easier if you could infuse yourself with the Resonance best suited for a working and get rid of it afterwards, like changing your underwear, that would be awfully practical."
He nodded, "Hum, it could also be a means to balance out the Resonance of any Tass I might funnel through the proxy Rote; some crystallized Dynamism to partly neutralize highly Static or Entropic Tass, for example. It might not do much for qlippothic Tass, but normal heavily resonated... hum..."

"Well I bet Mirri is making breakfast, and when you mention it Sir, I am hungry, though I can not stomach that much meat in the morning, I prefer fruit for my morning meal."
The Etherite said as she lead the way back to the elevator and begun keying in the combination to get back to physical reality.
"The Guardian might not show up on the return trip, but remember if she do, then do not look at her or the elevator will take us right back into the Umbra."
She warned.
He grinned, "My dear, I'm English. A hearty breakfast is a national tradition. Plus, it usually helps that I enjoy my morning runs around the block - I find that a high-protein breakfast makes for a lower-key but longer-lasting energy than a high-carb breakfast would do. When you need to stay focused and satiated for several hours at a stretch, a thirty-minute sugar rush is a bad idea."
He nodded and followed Samantha into the elevator, closing his eyes, "Not a peep, not a glance. Got it."

((OOC: Enjoy. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:09 pm

Adley:

He took his phone out and checked for any follow up messages and turned the ringer on again, holding the bowl in his other hand, spoon stuck in his mouth. Then he searched for the charger he'd been given and scanned for an outlet to plug in, before returning to eating and listening to the Chief. He raised an eyebrow back at his last comment and then pulled the note to him. "Was there a fireplace in here?" he asked himself, glancing around.

Joakim pointed at the wall socket when he saw you fiddle with your phone charger. There was no fireplace in the small office, just one wall covered with book cases, Joakim's old desk, two chairs, a few more shelves on the other wall, a window on the back wall and a radiator keeping the room warm.

He replied, 'I thought she was not going to be the one to go in, that she was going to make the trap?

"Ah yes off course...off course, well give the one who have the job of springing the trap time to do their job then...forgive me Sodalis, it have been a long night and allot of details to keep track of, but you are absolutely right."

The reason we got away from M. has more to do with my amicus than myself; I noted it's behavior and reactions. That and a very small part of that soul was not hostile. We won't necessarily have that to count on this time.

"True enough and it might be better to put Mr Wainwright with the team that first will be breaking through the wards, the man is frustrating but inventive."
Joakim said and nodded after he had read that part of your reply.
"I have not fully planned out though who I want on each team though so I am open to suggestions Sodalis."

Also, still to be considered is whether I should go at all given certain...circumstances. I am not saying I will not but want to consider if that is the most strategically sound way to go. I do wish to help of course.' He pushed the note over to him.

"You have to decide that for yourself Mr Roth Hicks, there might be an issue, however you and your Cabal and Chantrymates have had an impressive success against the Nephandi and the situation we are currently dealing with, more than I would have ever expected of two Initiates...I tend to think there are a reason why fate have placed you right smack in the middle of this, however you know your own abilities and limitations best, so you have to make the choice on whatever or not to go yourself."
Joakim said softly and looked at you

Colin:

Colin arched an eyebrow, "We are assaulting a Labyrinth led by one of the most notorious Nephandi in the northern USA; I'm afraid killing and dying is going to be quite inevitable. Well, hopefully, not so much of the latter for us."

"You are right off course and I also hope there will not be to much of the latter for us...I do not want to loose anyone, I really don't."
Samantha said and looked down.
"Sir...do you think we will win?"
The young technomancer said and looked rather worried.

He nodded, "That sounds pretty accurate - could you let him know we'll be needing his immediate services? I'm afraid I don't have his number."

"I can do that Sir, however if you need the Chief's number I have it, I am sure he would not mind if I gave it to you so you can call him if you need to."
Samantha offered.

He smiled, "I don't think we've been away long enough to make them worry yet - still, time is of the essence."

"You are right about that...we have not been away that look, in either case we better hurry Sir."

He nodded, "Hum, it could also be a means to balance out the Resonance of any Tass I might funnel through the proxy Rote; some crystallized Dynamism to partly neutralize highly Static or Entropic Tass, for example. It might not do much for qlippothic Tass, but normal heavily resonated... hum..."

"That would be quite useful as well, there are many Nodes we do not use for they are to Resonated to be useful for other than very specific workings, and one would not want to attract to much of any Resonance, it would be like a what to do with leftovers book, but for Quintessence."
Samantha said and nodded approvingly.

He grinned, "My dear, I'm English. A hearty breakfast is a national tradition. Plus, it usually helps that I enjoy my morning runs around the block - I find that a high-protein breakfast makes for a lower-key but longer-lasting energy than a high-carb breakfast would do. When you need to stay focused and satiated for several hours at a stretch, a thirty-minute sugar rush is a bad idea."

"You are right and I do try to eat some nuts or something with a bit of proteins with my breakfast Sir, but I have just never been a breakfast person."
The Etherite said.
"I do enjoy some training in the mortning though. One of the Akashics have a Do calls in the mornings, I usually try to attend it."

He nodded and followed Samantha into the elevator, closing his eyes, "Not a peep, not a glance. Got it."

Samantha nodded and continued to press buttons then the elevator slowly, far to slowly started moving down, that strange women returned at one stop, and then came that strange feeling in reverse as you moved from the plane of ideas to the plane of manifestation and then you where back at the office building and the doors opens, the spirit woman was again gone. Samantha lifted her container and headed towards the vacant office.
"Are you ok to go back the same way that we came Mr Wainwright?"

(OOC: I had fun...everyone hate my Nemesis of Reason though. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:21 pm

"You are right off course and I also hope there will not be to much of the latter for us...I do not want to loose anyone, I really don't."
Samantha said and looked down.
"Sir...do you think we will win?"
The young technomancer said and looked rather worried.
Colin nodded grimly, "Oh, we'll win... All my visions of the future say as much. What they're silent on... is what we'll lose in the process."

"I can do that Sir, however if you need the Chief's number I have it, I am sure he would not mind if I gave it to you so you can call him if you need to."
Samantha offered.
"Hm? Oh, no, I have Chief Joakim's number - I meant Joe Willis."

"That would be quite useful as well, there are many Nodes we do not use for they are to Resonated to be useful for other than very specific workings, and one would not want to attract to much of any Resonance, it would be like a what to do with leftovers book, but for Quintessence."
Samantha said and nodded approvingly.
He nodded, "It's certainly a potentially profitable venue of research."

"You are right and I do try to eat some nuts or something with a bit of proteins with my breakfast Sir, but I have just never been a breakfast person."
The Etherite said.
"I do enjoy some training in the mortning though. One of the Akashics have a Do calls in the mornings, I usually try to attend it."
He nodded, "I got into the habit of a solid start in school, and only had it reinforced in the military. Different strokes for different people, I guess - in comparison, I generally take a light lunch; usually a sandwich and a cup of tea or two."
He pondered, "Hum, perhaps I should ask Dr. Lee - the Akashic in my Cabal - for a few lessons. Relying on the berserk button for hand-to-hand is perhaps a trifle impractical in the long run."

Samantha nodded and continued to press buttons then the elevator slowly, far to slowly started moving down, that strange women returned at one stop, and then came that strange feeling in reverse as you moved from the plane of ideas to the plane of manifestation and then you where back at the office building and the doors opens, the spirit woman was again gone. Samantha lifted her container and headed towards the vacant office.
"Are you ok to go back the same way that we came Mr Wainwright?"
He gripped the cylinder firmly by the handle, "Ready when you are, miss Kelly."

((OOC: Nobody likes the Nemesis of Reason. It's like an Evangelical Republican in a Coven meeting. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:23 am

Joakim pointed at the wall socket when he saw you fiddle with your phone charger...

"Thank you," he said, leaning over and popping the charger into the wall, then the other end into the phone.

"Ah yes off course...off course, well give the one who have the job of springing the trap time to do their job then...forgive me Sodalis, it have been a long night and allot of details to keep track of, but you are absolutely right."

"I understand, sir. Clarifying for the same reason."

"True enough and it might be better to put Mr Wainwright with the team that first will be breaking through the wards, the man is frustrating but inventive." Joakim said

He gave him a little smile at his comment about Colin and shrugged. "It's something to consider."

"You have to decide that for yourself Mr Roth Hicks, there might be an issue, however you and your Cabal and Chantrymates have had an impressive success against the Nephandi and the situation we are currently dealing with, more than I would have ever expected of two Initiates...I tend to think there are a reason why fate have placed you right smack in the middle of this, however you know your own abilities and limitations best, so you have to make the choice on whatever or not to go yourself."

He looked thoughtful as he finished the bowl and put it onto the edge of the desk again. He picked up the note to reply. 'I will discuss it. It is not so much a limitation per se as knowing that there is something they want. But I do agree that there seems to be some reason all of this has come together now. Is there something I can do right now to help you or the others until you gather the others or my amicus returns? If not, I will take the moment to dispose of the notes and finish grounding myself.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:41 am

Colin:

Colin nodded grimly, "Oh, we'll win... All my visions of the future say as much. What they're silent on... is what we'll lose in the process."

"I guess it is good your visions say we will win Mr Wainwright, that give me hope, but I am afraid of what we will loose, I do not want my loved ones, and Chantrymates to die."
Samantha muttered.

"Hm? Oh, no, I have Chief Joakim's number - I meant Joe Willis."

"I have that as well Sir."
Samantha said and gave muttered forth the young Virtual Adept's number, just in case you would need it.

He nodded, "It's certainly a potentially profitable venue of research."

"Yeah it certainly is, it will be interesting to see what you can come up with."

He nodded, "I got into the habit of a solid start in school, and only had it reinforced in the military. Different strokes for different people, I guess - in comparison, I generally take a light lunch; usually a sandwich and a cup of tea or two."

"Ah yes...well it is lunch time I start to get hungry, but yes we are all different I guess, however I might be to fond of fruit and eat to much of it."
The Etherite said and nodded then she grinned.
"Though there are worse vices."

He pondered, "Hum, perhaps I should ask Dr. Lee - the Akashic in my Cabal - for a few lessons. Relying on the berserk button for hand-to-hand is perhaps a trifle impractical in the long run."

"I started practicing Do not so much to get good at fighting but more for the inner peace it brings. I had some issues to deal with..."
She muttered and looked down.
"It helped me then and it helped me deal with what happened to my father as well...but yes it also teach you how to defend yourself efficiently off course."

He gripped the cylinder firmly by the handle, "Ready when you are, miss Kelly."

Samantha nodded, once you where back in the small office she plugged her equipment back into a wall socked and again gently laid a hand on your shoulder. There was those strange feelings and as sense of disorientation, and more this time, a sense of slimy disgustingness, of decay, madness and death which spread through your body as you teleported together with the corrupted Quintessence. In the blink of an eye you where back in Samantha's room and the Etherite best over and dry heaved.
"Sorry Sir...should have thought of...that..."
She managed as she was best over and would have left anything in her stomach on the floor, perhaps it was a good thing she had not had her breakfast fruits yet.

Adley:

"Thank you," he said, leaning over and popping the charger into the wall, then the other end into the phone.

Your phone had been running on empty now it got charged so you could use it for a bit longer.

"I understand, sir. Clarifying for the same reason."

"Well it is better to ask than to be confused Mr Roth Hicks."
Joakim said with a smile.

He gave him a little smile at his comment about Colin and shrugged. "It's something to consider."

Joakim just nodded at that.
"The man...have interesting solutions to problems."

He looked thoughtful as he finished the bowl and put it onto the edge of the desk again. He picked up the note to reply. 'I will discuss it. It is not so much a limitation per se as knowing that there is something they want. But I do agree that there seems to be some reason all of this has come together now.

Joakim read the note and nodded.
"It is something they want and that give me pause but chances are they do not know who the heirs are...but yes it is something to discuss but it can also not be denied that you and your group have been able to accomplish more than anyone would have ever expected and I do not believe in coincidences."

Is there something I can do right now to help you or the others until you gather the others or my amicus returns? If not, I will take the moment to dispose of the notes and finish grounding myself.'

"No for now it is just gathering everyone so take the time to finish grounding and getting rid of the notes, that might be wise."
Joakim agreed.
"Thank you for letting me know the ritual work was done and successful."

(OOC: Well I have considered having custom cards made with the Nemesis of Reason but with Trump's picture on the cards. Razz )

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I fell asleep on the sofa.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:29 am

"I have that as well Sir."
Samantha said and gave muttered forth the young Virtual Adept's number, just in case you would need it.
Colin nodded and tapped in the number on his phone, "I'll send him a text, then. Er, is there coverage here?"
He frowned and typed, 'Mr. Willis, need your urgent assistance at miss Kelly's apartment. Will be there shortly. C. Wainwright.'
He hit 'Send' and shrugged, "Well, he should get it once we get out of the elevator, at least."

"I started practicing Do not so much to get good at fighting but more for the inner peace it brings. I had some issues to deal with..."
She muttered and looked down.
"It helped me then and it helped me deal with what happened to my father as well...but yes it also teach you how to defend yourself efficiently off course."
He nodded, "Everyone needs different things at different times. Up to most recently, I've never found myself in need of improved brawling skills, but now that I've encountered kinetic shields, well... there's a reason why you shouldn't bring a gun to a knife fight..."

Samantha nodded, once you where back in the small office she plugged her equipment back into a wall socked and again gently laid a hand on your shoulder. There was those strange feelings and as sense of disorientation, and more this time, a sense of slimy disgustingness, of decay, madness and death which spread through your body as you teleported together with the corrupted Quintessence. In the blink of an eye you where back in Samantha's room and the Etherite best over and dry heaved.
"Sorry Sir...should have thought of...that..."
She managed as she was best over and would have left anything in her stomach on the floor, perhaps it was a good thing she had not had her breakfast fruits yet.
Colin's eyes widened as he felt the corruption saturate everything, "Shit! Did we just soak it all up, or...?"
He quickly glanced at the gauges on the cylinders to make sure they were still at 44 drams in total, and knelt down before Samantha, gripping her hands in his and gently pulling them out to the sides, their arms forming a very crude circle, "Miss Kelly, I hope this will work... I've never tried it with someone else, but close your eyes and try to visualize a cluttered series of passageways..."
He closed his own eyes, visualizing his own corridors connecting to another set of passages, like a set of pipes linking to another, and Mia with her brooms again, ready to clear out everything that shouldn't be there... "Scoria expurgate, scoria expurgate, scoria expurgate..."

((OOC: For once, Colin's going to try to amp up the power on this one - an extended roll - to try to give Samantha the benefit of the rote, as well. Going to assume Colin didn't get loaded up on tainted Quintessence, since you didn't specify... Anyways, Arete rolls: 2,9,9 - 5,6,9 - 2,5,7... Yeah, I think that should do it, and then some. Hum, I wonder if Samantha notices Mia sweeping through? Wink ))

((OOC2: Hehehe, those would only be legal to play with if you have the real cards with you, to show that they are placeholders for cards you physically possess... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:32 am

Colin nodded and tapped in the number on his phone, "I'll send him a text, then. Er, is there coverage here?"
He frowned and typed, 'Mr. Willis, need your urgent assistance at miss Kelly's apartment. Will be there shortly. C. Wainwright.'
He hit 'Send' and shrugged, "Well, he should get it once we get out of the elevator, at least."

"Not usually no we are in the Umbra Sir, but I am sure I can boost the signal so it gets through the Gauntlet."
Samantha said and took a small, black box out of her purse, it had a plug so it could be attached to a phone, the Etherite turned a switch on the device and handed it to you.
"Try now Mr Wainwright."

You get a reply back from Joe.
"Very well I will be right there."
Apparently Samantha's little box was working.

He nodded, "Everyone needs different things at different times. Up to most recently, I've never found myself in need of improved brawling skills, but now that I've encountered kinetic shields, well... there's a reason why you shouldn't bring a gun to a knife fight..."

"True enough and most kinetic shields are made so that one can move around in them so slower moving things might pass through it, but not a bullet, then again some of them are made rock hard and you would not want to punch those."

Colin's eyes widened as he felt the corruption saturate everything, "Shit! Did we just soak it all up, or...?"
He quickly glanced at the gauges on the cylinders to make sure they were still at 44 drams in total, and knelt down before Samantha, gripping her hands in his and gently pulling them out to the sides, their arms forming a very crude circle, "Miss Kelly, I hope this will work... I've never tried it with someone else, but close your eyes and try to visualize a cluttered series of passageways..."

"Now we...just where in it's presence, enough to absorb some of the Resonance...fuck..."
Samantha manages before she bent over retching again. There where still 44 drams of Quintessence in the cylinders. The Etherite gave you a surprised look as you pulled on her arms but then she nodded.
"O...ok Sir."

He closed his own eyes, visualizing his own corridors connecting to another set of passages, like a set of pipes linking to another, and Mia with her brooms again, ready to clear out everything that shouldn't be there... "Scoria expurgate, scoria expurgate, scoria expurgate..."

You begin your working, you can feel Samantha's own Resonance it was clear, Dynamic and creative other than the black, disgusting stuff you and she had just been bathed in. You feel Mia or more a representative of her sweep through your inner being, and then though the young Etherite. Samantha gasped but then she took a deep breath.
"That...ehm...thank you Sir...that feels allot better. Sorry for messing up..."

(OOC: Yes that should do it, no there are no mechanical change in Colin more of a roleplaying one, it is disgusting but do not have a mechanical effect. You manage to clear it all out though, that is a nifty little rote.)

(OOC: I know but since I only play casual it should not be a problem and my group knows I physically have those cards all to well. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:49 am

"Not usually no we are in the Umbra Sir, but I am sure I can boost the signal so it gets through the Gauntlet."
Samantha said and took a small, black box out of her purse, it had a plug so it could be attached to a phone, the Etherite turned a switch on the device and handed it to you.
"Try now Mr Wainwright."

You get a reply back from Joe.
"Very well I will be right there."
Apparently Samantha's little box was working.
Colin nodded, "Thank you; he'll be at your apartment momentarily."

"True enough and most kinetic shields are made so that one can move around in them so slower moving things might pass through it, but not a bullet, then again some of them are made rock hard and you would not want to punch those."
He nodded, a dark shadow passing over his eyes for just an instant, "Indeed. Fortunately, I had a dagger I'd confiscated from one of the Fallen already... Turns out manual evisceration is highly effective against someone who thinks they are bulletproof... I'd rather not think too much about it; it was a mess..."

"Now we...just where in it's presence, enough to absorb some of the Resonance...fuck..."
Samantha manages before she bent over retching again. There where still 44 drams of Quintessence in the cylinders. The Etherite gave you a surprised look as you pulled on her arms but then she nodded.
"O...ok Sir."
He grimaced, "Small blessings, but still enough to stick..."

You begin your working, you can feel Samantha's own Resonance it was clear, Dynamic and creative other than the black, disgusting stuff you and she had just been bathed in. You feel Mia or more a representative of her sweep through your inner being, and then though the young Etherite. Samantha gasped but then she took a deep breath.
"That...ehm...thank you Sir...that feels allot better. Sorry for messing up..."
He took a deep breath of his own, carefully untangling his hands from hers, "Quite alright; I've worked enough with Resonances lately, I should have thought of the bleedover, as well. I won't tell anyone if you won't?"
He gave her a small smile and wiped off his signet ring with the handkerchief, "That said... I don't suppose you saw anything unusual sweeping through?"

((OOC: Started out as a simple sort of centering/grounding effect, but with more power, it gets more effective at cleaning up crap. Looking forward to trying to crystallize Resonance and see what happens. "I swiped a bag of candies from that silver shop. At least, i thought they were candies. The sticky black ones made me feel really sick, the green ones are minty and made me acutely aware of everything needing maintenance and repairs around me, and the yellow ones are lemony and... well, my living room is now painted like the Sistine Chapel. In accurate scale, adjusted for lacking curvature. I don't know where the dude got them, but I don't dare return them now. If I go back, some drug dealer's probably gonna have my fiddly bits cut off and put in a Mason jar!" Wink ))

((OOC2: Yeah, well, you'd have to actually get those proxies first... Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 30 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 30  Next