Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

4 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 23 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:57 am

"I am concerned yes, though I have no doubt that it can be applied to this as it was to that."
Colin nodded, "I'm more concerned about someone trying to apply the corrupted Quintessence to something with an area effect. The spells get flavoured by the raw Quintessence, after all, even if the caster is untouched - but if it's used for some manner of, say, mass shielding for the lot of us, that's probably going to have unpleasant side effects..."

He quickly went to the room down the hall that Crexia had recommended and when Colin shut the door he said, "The same as I had before with the Chief, as you might have guessed. I offer the same as I did before," he replied. "You must not think I do not trust you or believe in you or your work. I do; only the Reckoner strikes as it will and you were told to be careful. So I offer that opportunity."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Oh, I am quite aware of that risk... Suffice to say, it is not purely a matter of philanthropy or altruism that has me offer to teach everyone that Rote right now. I have some Paradox in my system, I don't know precisely how much, or even how to accurately quantify it... but it's rather more than I should like prior to heading into battle. If some of the risk of further accumulation can be tempered by sharing the trick with others and sharing the load, that would probably be safer. I've made arrangements with Cita to have her deliberately release it under more... controlled circumstances, but that too is risky before taking the field. So yes, I'm quite aware of the risk, and also of several steps I can take to ameliorate it."
He smiled, "Thank you for the concern, though."
He frowned, thinking back and dropping to a soft whisper, "Master Adimari, though... She was the last friendly face we saw, I think - she couldn't save us, of course, but I think she might not realize that she saved something far more important: she protected the rule of law from the rule of lynch mobs... If she hadn't fought, if she'd just stepped aside and let things proceed without even the pretense of a proper defense, that would have cast darker shadows yet... and cases like miss Florentine would have been a publically accepted norm rather than the miscarriage of justice it was..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 23 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Adley Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:29 am

He nodded thoughtfully, "Oh, I am quite aware of that risk...So yes, I'm quite aware of the risk, and also of several steps I can take to ameliorate it."

"Of course and I'm glad to see you've made arrangements, very glad. Though I was offering practical assistance for right now," he clarified, putting out his hand as if to hold something in them.

He frowned, thinking back and dropping to a soft whisper, "Master Adimari, though...and cases like miss Florentine would have been a publically accepted norm rather than the miscarriage of justice it was..."

He frowned a little as things clicked and then seemed like he wanted to say something but ultimately held his tongue. "Please, be careful. You do make me worry..." He tsked.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:56 am

"Of course and I'm glad to see you've made arrangements, very glad. Though I was offering practical assistance for right now," he clarified, putting out his hand as if to hold something in them.
Colin hesitated for a moment, then nodded, fishing up the pine cone and placing it gently in Adley's hand, "Very well... So be it, you'll be the Carrier of the Beacon. Just promise me, if you get a flash of insight as to its use, whether from yourself or your cohabitant, don't hesitate."

He frowned a little as things clicked and then seemed like he wanted to say something but ultimately held his tongue. "Please, be careful. You do make me worry..." He tsked.
He nodded, "It was a strong memory; quite emotional - I think I can be forgiven for getting momentarily derailed by that. But I really want to hear what she has to say of... that period in history, both on a personal and academic level. It's not every day one gets the chance to speak with someone several hundred years old..."
He paused for a moment, expressionless, "Alright, now that I said that, I realize how preposterous it is to talk with multicentenarians, and how incorrect I am in claiming it's unrealistic... Ah, yes, I'll be cautious; at least, much as can be..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:24 am

He shook his head, firmly. "Just for now. Come back when you are done the lesson. I am only offering that unless you tell me elsewise," he said, rubbing a hand at his beard, trying to explain without too many words. He knew once it was back in his hand he wouldn't want to let it go, and that was why he could not keep it. Perhaps he could help when the time came, but he might not recognize when that was going to be. That was for Colin to know. And he did trust him for it. It was not given to him for a reason and he wouldn't let himself grip a thing that wasn't his to hold. "I do not seek to change the charges," he said. "Only to help fulfill the purpose."

He nodded, "It was a strong memory; quite emotional - I think I can be forgiven for getting momentarily derailed by that. But I really want to hear what she has to say of... that period in history, both on a personal and academic level. It's not every day one gets the chance to speak with someone several hundred years old..."

"There is nothing to forgive, I just worry. I should not let my worry interfere with what needs to be done, though."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:49 am

"Yes, we must be careful of the chittering, for the sound is the sound of a siren and lures us outside, where there is a labyrinth of mirrors that show us false reflections and deception to lead us astray.

"Not false, wrong...there is a difference. To the rats the broken mirrors are truth and it is a truth but it is not a truth we want, it eats and breaks and hurts and while the rats can be cute they bite...oh yes they bite, but mostly they bite their own tails and it is sad to see."
Nancy said and nodded sagely before she started to fidget with her bangs again.

They would ask us to build tall towers on our pride outside our gates, empty and without true meaning, where they can prey on the bricks we used to build it. But if they line up at the doors of our temples we cannot let them in, nor be lured outside. They want us to give up and squeeze through our cracks but if they saw inside they would be blinded by light. They unspeak, and so seek to take the bricks from the foundation, in order to penetrate the Gates but we will not let them within."

"They do not speak, they eat words, like they eat bricks, but they do not understand, a new tower is full of hope and it is full of light and playing children and then it grow old and the bricks are used to build something else but they want to eat the bricks instead, I hear their song, like number that have no meaning and it is terrible...yes they want to seep through the cracks, but we will not let them, they fear light and darkness, but in despair they live and thrive and call our names but we will not listen for the names they call are not true, they are mockeries..."
The girl continued and glanced up at you with her dark eyes.

"They would eat themselves if nothing else were left," he agreed. "The pretty gems are water and salt. If it left as fallow sorrow then it is dross. But, made from longing for beauty, they can be transformed by fire. For fire is in water and water in the fire. 'Make the fire to burn in the water and the water to feed the fire.' The two together make the star with six points and six directions, from the center."

"Yes the gems are water and salt...but when those gems have meaning the rats step on them, make them cracked and wrong. Yes they can be shed as beauty are built, on a far field with strong bricks two pillars made into one, a star of six points and six directions shining on it's top, there are hope in it's rays, numbers that add up, have meaning, there are numbers on that field, so many numbers but the rats hate the numbers they never learned to count and are jealous."

He tilted his head and watched her. "The red and the white have changed places and the acorns are made ready to plant in the fertile soil...tell me what else do you see?" he asked.

"The acorns are a release form formless grayness, the red lady is hope, the acorn is her brother and her child, the numbers begin to add up again but they have been distorted for so long. On each number is a golden disc of brilliance and the red lady soil her own hands to plant the acorn and water them with her own blood so they will grow strong and hale and be a part of her. She is beautiful, she is numbers herself, beautiful numbers that forever repeat."
Nancy said and pointed out the window and her eyes followed something out there though all you could see where buildings and gray morning sunlight.

"You should not apologize for her, her mind is somewhere but not gone, perhaps just arranged differently than it used to be. But she is not speaking nonsense, I don't think," he said to the Cultist. "Though I wish I had more time to absorb what she is disclosing...I think it might yet be relevant." He frowned, knowing time was too short to derive much more though he wanted to do so, but yet it seemed it might be hinting as to what the pinecone was for. Perhaps. He looked over at Cara and raised an eyebrow at her before turning his attention back to the present situations.

"Yeah Cara says the same that Nancy's mind is not gone, that it just see reality differently. I am concerned though Sir."
Rosario said and sigh.
"Well as long as she is happy, and you are welcome to talk to her anytime you want as long as she do not refuse to."
She added as she stood to try to get the Hollower away from the window but with little success as Nancy was still looking at something out there with fascination.

Cara observed the whole thing silently then she looked at you.
"I think her words might be relevant Mr Roth Hicks but it is probably not a discussion to be had in a room that is not private."
The Criamon said then she looked at Rosario.
"Just leave her Rossy once Mr Wainwright start to demonstrate his rote she will come away from there, she likes magick, and she do not harm by the window in the meantime."
She said and Rosario sigh and returned to her chair.
"I guess you are right."
She muttered but she gave Nancy a concerned look at the Hollower seamed so fascinated by what she was seeing.

Colin nodded, "I might have been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt before I sent his own childe with a warning to stay out of Mage business... He doubled down instead. There's no sympathy for him, and no escaping the fire. There's some compassion and mercy, though; I'll want to make his death quick and painless, at least."

"Off course the kid should not suffer more than necessary, if possible his death should be quick, but beyond that there are no mercy if he is going after our own and turning them, that is not acceptable we can not tolerate that, it is far to dangerous."
Samantha said and grumbled.

"We know some... This Chantry clashed with her seventy years ago..."

"That was her? Damn I hope no one tell Martin...our Deacon Primus, his wife through centuries died in that clash."
The Etherite said she sounded a bit concerned.

Colin watched Nancy warily, listening as Adley took over the exchange, then arched an eyebrow at the mention of acorns, "There's certainly some metaphor there - some sharp warnings against the Fallen and their surreptitious ways..."

Cara nodded at that.
"Yes Nancy have insight, she might lack some of the mental discipline to express that insight in a way that can be easily understood but wherever her mind is she sees more than most..."
The Criamon commented fondly.
"She is a good kid though, even i she might seam strange to you Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "Well, they've hardly invited our friendship in the first place, so... I don't suppose they ought to be too surprised."

"Sometimes a little rudeness is quite premissable, especially when the one you are rude to are trying to destroy reality Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said with a wry smile.

He smiled thinly, "If you would call the deliberate act of delivering ruthless death to other people, whoever they might be, in any way, shape or form 'good', I'm afraid I might have to take some exception to your definition of the term... Necessary... now that's another matter entirely."

"Well if those people are Nephandi then their destruction might be seen as good, or at least something for the greater good considering their plans."
Leon said and sigh.
"They have to be dealt with and hopefully we can do just that in a way so we do not loose to many of our own Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "I'll let the Rote speak for itself; arguing in its favour withour a demonstration is unproductive anyway."

"Very well, that is fair enough."
The Hermetic said and nodded in agreement though he still eyed those tanks wearily.

He caught Adley's look for a moment, "You're worried about fallout... and you're right to. The Rote, though, should work just as smoothly with these tanks as with the Ball of Abysmal Flame I helped your Mentor drain yesterday."

"I think it is the should that worries me, most atomic power plants should work perfectly as well the problem is that some of them still melt down."
Leon said and raised and eyebrow.
"Should and reality are not always the same Mr Wainwright if you do not find me to rude to say so."

He nodded to Crexia, "Thank you, Milady."

Crexia gave you a friendly nod and a smile.

He nodded, "This would probably be more efficient in taking the doors off the hinges than the rot in the tanks... If you would set aside one for the demonstration, though, that would probably be most excellent."

"Off course Mr Wainwright just pick out one of the stones and that should be about one dram of Tass that can be used, or I can pick one out."
Olamide said and nodded in agreement.

He nodded, "She's been... increasingly vocal about her preferences of late. And she's quite in agreement with that assessment."

"Well some Avatars are more talkative than others, some hardly communicate with their mages other than in Seekings while others hold a running dialog, I guess they all do what they think is best for their host to develop spiritually."
The Tytalus said and nodded.
"Mine do talk with me, but not as often."

He quickly went to the room down the hall that Crexia had recommended and when Colin shut the door he said, "The same as I had before with the Chief, as you might have guessed. I offer the same as I did before," he replied. "You must not think I do not trust you or believe in you or your work. I do; only the Reckoner strikes as it will and you were told to be careful. So I offer that opportunity."

It was another sitting room, quite like the one your group had been given for your stay at Morningstar, this one had yellow wallpaper with rose print on the wall, a painting of a landscape done by a good amateur painter, more heavy, wood bookcases. An assortment of leather chairs and a sofa around a heavy wood table that wore the signs of heavy use. An old TV on a bench in a corner, and a blue and yellow woven rug, it was a cozy enough room with flowers on the windowsill, and this room to had several board games on top of one of the book cases. A forgotten bowl with leftover potato chips stood on the table, other than that the room was neat and clean.

(OOC: Yeah they have accomplished quite a bit. Some of the mages of Chicago probably do think the Boston mages to be nuts yes, but others like Crexia takes it in stride, she is used to crazy. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:03 am

He listened to what the woman was saying, but didn't add anything else. It was sufficient and they had no time to delve further. When she corrected him, he nodded and instead paid attention to her.

Yeah Cara says the same that Nancy's mind is not gone, that it just see reality differently. I am concerned though Sir."
Rosario said and sigh. "Well as long as she is happy, and you are welcome to talk to her anytime you want as long as she do not refuse to."

"That is understandable, to be concerned. I am sorry if I have...gone on a tangent with her instead of helping her to focus."

Cara observed the whole thing silently then she looked at you. "I think her words might be relevant Mr Roth Hicks but it is probably not a discussion to be had in a room that is not private."

"Quite, now isn't the time. My apologies," he said, nodding in agreement. He shook his head a bit.

"Just leave her Rossy once Mr Wainwright start to demonstrate his rote she will come away from there, she likes magick, and she do not harm by the window in the meantime." She said and Rosario sigh and returned to her chair. "I guess you are right."

"Would you like to come sit by your friends? Thank you for speaking with me; perhaps after we deal with our mission we can talk again later," he said to Nancy, hoping to pry her from the window.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:56 am

"That was her? Damn I hope no one tell Martin...our Deacon Primus, his wife through centuries died in that clash."
The Etherite said she sounded a bit concerned.
Colin nodded, "I was not aware of that, I think - but Deaconess Rose lost her Apprentice then, and the Apprentice's sister, in a manner most grisly..."

Cara nodded at that.
"Yes Nancy have insight, she might lack some of the mental discipline to express that insight in a way that can be easily understood but wherever her mind is she sees more than most..."
The Criamon commented fondly.
"She is a good kid though, even i she might seam strange to you Mr Wainwright."
He smiled, "After this week, I'm afraid miss Scott is fairly well settled at the lower end of the strangeness scale."

"Yeah Cara says the same that Nancy's mind is not gone, that it just see reality differently. I am concerned though Sir."
Rosario said and sigh.
"Well as long as she is happy, and you are welcome to talk to her anytime you want as long as she do not refuse to."
She added as she stood to try to get the Hollower away from the window but with little success as Nancy was still looking at something out there with fascination.

Cara observed the whole thing silently then she looked at you.
"I think her words might be relevant Mr Roth Hicks but it is probably not a discussion to be had in a room that is not private."
The Criamon said then she looked at Rosario.
"Just leave her Rossy once Mr Wainwright start to demonstrate his rote she will come away from there, she likes magick, and she do not harm by the window in the meantime."
She said and Rosario sigh and returned to her chair.
"I guess you are right."
She muttered but she gave Nancy a concerned look at the Hollower seamed so fascinated by what she was seeing.
He pondered for a moment, "Is she actually looking outside, though?"
He shook his head, "It will be interesting to hear what she sees once we get into action; Heavens know what she might glean from the Labyrinth..."

"Well if those people are Nephandi then their destruction might be seen as good, or at least something for the greater good considering their plans."
Leon said and sigh.
"They have to be dealt with and hopefully we can do just that in a way so we do not loose to many of our own Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "It is necessary. They are still people with hopes, fears, dreams... even distorted, they are people. What we are about to do is not 'good', but it is necessary for everyone's survival."

"I think it is the should that worries me, most atomic power plants should work perfectly as well the problem is that some of them still melt down."
Leon said and raised and eyebrow.
"Should and reality are not always the same Mr Wainwright if you do not find me to rude to say so."
He nodded, "Indeed, and mistakes can and will happen; however, like atomic power plants, it is overall safer and cleaner than the currently commonplace alternatives."

"Off course Mr Wainwright just pick out one of the stones and that should be about one dram of Tass that can be used, or I can pick one out."
Olamide said and nodded in agreement.
He smiled, "If you would kindly, milady?"

"Well some Avatars are more talkative than others, some hardly communicate with their mages other than in Seekings while others hold a running dialog, I guess they all do what they think is best for their host to develop spiritually."
The Tytalus said and nodded.
"Mine do talk with me, but not as often."
He grinned, "She's not prone to using words, but she most certainly lets her feelings be known when she has an opinion of something."

He shook his head, firmly. "Just for now. Come back when you are done the lesson. I am only offering that unless you tell me elsewise," he said, rubbing a hand at his beard, trying to explain without too many words. He knew once it was back in his hand he wouldn't want to let it go, and that was why he could not keep it. Perhaps he could help when the time came, but he might not recognize when that was going to be. That was for Colin to know. And he did trust him for it. It was not given to him for a reason and he wouldn't let himself grip a thing that wasn't his to hold. "I do not seek to change the charges," he said. "Only to help fulfill the purpose."
He nodded, "Of course. I will most likely ask it back once I've... reduced my payload, then - just to reduce the risk of contamination further."

"There is nothing to forgive, I just worry. I should not let my worry interfere with what needs to be done, though."
He smiled, "Quite. Nothing wrong with worrying in and of itself, but it's best if the worries can be immediately dismissed or at least addressed by taking one or two extra checks... In this case, though, preventative measures seem a trifle difficult..."

He sighed, "Well, if that was all, I'll head back to the others, and see who would prefer to stay and talk tactics with you instead of learning a new Rote... Most likely, though, I suspect I'll be by after the lesson to retrieve you again."
He gave Adley a small wink, "I won't say anything if you decide to attend class after all, though. By the way, the shields Mr. Haagen gave us - he said about two hours and two doses each, didn't he?"
Then he gave him a brisk nod and returned to the others.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:29 am

He listened to what the woman was saying, but didn't add anything else. It was sufficient and they had no time to delve further. When she corrected him, he nodded and instead paid attention to her.

Nancy smiled to you and continued to look fascinated out the window, plucking at her spike wristband as she did so and grinning now and again.

"That is understandable, to be concerned. I am sorry if I have...gone on a tangent with her instead of helping her to focus."

"That is quite alright Mr Roth Hicks when a task needs to be done she will listen...I guess I just fear she will sink more into her madness one day...that she will go Marauder and we have to banish her into the Umbra."
Rosario said softly.
"You did nothing wrong though."

"Quite, now isn't the time. My apologies," he said, nodding in agreement. He shook his head a bit.

Cara gave you a smile as she patted Rosario on the arm.
"No need to apologize Mr Roth Hicks."
She said in a friendly tone of voice.

"Would you like to come sit by your friends? Thank you for speaking with me; perhaps after we deal with our mission we can talk again later," he said to Nancy, hoping to pry her from the window.

Nancy nodded and grinned to you she came over and sat down.
"No I would not like to but Rossy are worried..."
She said.
"I will sit here then...I will talk with you later, the numbers will speak...they sing."
She agreed.

Colin nodded, "I was not aware of that, I think - but Deaconess Rose lost her Apprentice then, and the Apprentice's sister, in a manner most grisly..."

"I heard about that yeah...Dylan I think his name was he was kidnapped by the Nephandi...it was bad back then, very bad or so I hear. I was after all not born at that point."
Samantha said and sigh.

He smiled, "After this week, I'm afraid miss Scott is fairly well settled at the lower end of the strangeness scale."

Cara gave a bit of a smile at that.
"Yes...well we get used to her and she is hardly the strangest inhabitant of this Chantry."
The Criamon said and scratched at one of her imprints.

He pondered for a moment, "Is she actually looking outside, though?"
He shook his head, "It will be interesting to hear what she sees once we get into action; Heavens know what she might glean from the Labyrinth..."

"She is looking outside, but what see sees past the windows are not the same as what you would see if you glanced out."
Cara explained then she nodded.
"Yes hopefully what she see will not scare her, but she and me will be figuring out the right was to go through the Labyrinth."
She said and nodded.

He nodded, "It is necessary. They are still people with hopes, fears, dreams... even distorted, they are people. What we are about to do is not 'good', but it is necessary for everyone's survival."

Leon sigh and nodded.
"I suppose you are right Mr Wainwright, then again with Nephandi I can not really manage to muster much sympathy for them."
Leon said and shrugged.

He nodded, "Indeed, and mistakes can and will happen; however, like atomic power plants, it is overall safer and cleaner than the currently commonplace alternatives."

"That is a fair enough point, it still make me worried though."
The Hermetic commented.

He smiled, "If you would kindly, milady?"

Olamide nodded and opened her bag of Tass, she took one of the reddish black lave rock pebbles and handed it to you.
"Off course, here you go Mr Wainwright."
She said, Mia's displeasure at the Tass' Resonance grew when you where touching it.

He grinned, "She's not prone to using words, but she most certainly lets her feelings be known when she has an opinion of something."

"She sounds like quite a lady."
Olamide said half amused and half uncomfortable over discussing something so private as an other mage's Avatar.

Then he gave him a brisk nod and returned to the others.

The other magi where still discussing when you returned. You heard that the discussion now had turned to Miss Carlyle and the plan for what to do when the girl was encountered, as well as what formation the group should move in when in the Labyrinth. Crexia looked up when she saw you.
"Ah welcome back Mr Wainwright, did you get things discussed that needed to get discussed?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:26 pm

"I heard about that yeah...Dylan I think his name was he was kidnapped by the Nephandi...it was bad back then, very bad or so I hear. I was after all not born at that point."
Samantha said and sigh.
Colin nodded, "Dark days... but now comes the reckoning, I suppose."

Leon sigh and nodded.
"I suppose you are right Mr Wainwright, then again with Nephandi I can not really manage to muster much sympathy for them."
Leon said and shrugged.
He smiled sadly, answering softly, "Some times, the only appropriate mercy is a sharp blade. We have to take them down, but that doesn't mean we can't try to minimize suffering."

Olamide nodded and opened her bag of Tass, she took one of the reddish black lave rock pebbles and handed it to you.
"Off course, here you go Mr Wainwright."
She said, Mia's displeasure at the Tass' Resonance grew when you where touching it.
He held the stone up to the light for a moment, then carefully put it down on a desk, "I'll... just leave it there for the time being. It was not pleasant to the touch..."

"She sounds like quite a lady."
Olamide said half amused and half uncomfortable over discussing something so private as an other mage's Avatar.
He grinned, "A grand dame, but this is not the time for stroking an ephemeral ego."

The other magi where still discussing when you returned. You heard that the discussion now had turned to Miss Carlyle and the plan for what to do when the girl was encountered, as well as what formation the group should move in when in the Labyrinth. Crexia looked up when she saw you.
"Ah welcome back Mr Wainwright, did you get things discussed that needed to get discussed?"
He nodded, "Yes, coming to an agreement on the matter was a simple thing. Now, what of significance did I miss in those few moments?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:18 pm

Colin nodded, "Dark days... but now comes the reckoning, I suppose."

"Yes...the reckoning always comes I guess even if it have to wait for seventy years."
Samantha muttered.

He held the stone up to the light for a moment, then carefully put it down on a desk, "I'll... just leave it there for the time being. It was not pleasant to the touch..."

"If you yourself do not match the Tass' Resonance I guess it would be somewhat uncomfortable to touch that yes, I am sorry about that Mr Wainwright."
Olamide said and smiled.

He grinned, "A grand dame, but this is not the time for stroking an ephemeral ego."

"No...I suppose it is not indeed."
The Tytalus said and smiled a little relieved to find another topic to discuss than something that private.
"Well please do not let me keep you, as I understand it your Cabalmate wanted a word with you."
She said and indicated Adley with an elegant motion of her hand.

He nodded, "Yes, coming to an agreement on the matter was a simple thing. Now, what of significance did I miss in those few moments?"

"Ah good, good. As for what you have missed not much we have begun to discuss how to handle Miss Carlyle and also how to move through the Labyrinth's corridors, we need to make sure our more vital members are protected."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I would welcome your ideas on both topics Mr Wainwright."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:47 pm

"Yes...the reckoning always comes I guess even if it have to wait for seventy years."
Samantha muttered.
Colin mused, "Good things come to those who wait... The polar opposite is also true."

"If you yourself do not match the Tass' Resonance I guess it would be somewhat uncomfortable to touch that yes, I am sorry about that Mr Wainwright."
Olamide said and smiled.
He shrugged, "I'll live... I should have been as cautious with that as I am with the vile stuff..."

"Ah good, good. As for what you have missed not much we have begun to discuss how to handle Miss Carlyle and also how to move through the Labyrinth's corridors, we need to make sure our more vital members are protected."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I would welcome your ideas on both topics Mr Wainwright."
He sighed and nodded, "I don't know much about Avatars; it's not a Sphere I have any understanding of at all, but... miss Carlyle made a deal at some point after seeing her Mentor... flayed for being part of the island beast affair some years back. She wanted to protect herself from ever being in that position; from ever being helpless as her Avatar was cut apart. What she got... is an Avatar who remembers what it was, and who is now partly some lower form of spirit cobbled together into an ephemeral attack dog... extremely dangerous, but surprisingly verbose, and... for some reason, afraid of me."
He paused for a moment, "I received, through a series of events far too implausible to detail for now, a magical item which will supposedly work as a beacon of light, capable of for a brief moment reminding a Fallen, twisted Avatar of what it once was. I believe it has a chance to briefly stun miss Carlyle's Avatar, potentially even cause it to help tear itself apart from what it was merged with, though I must stress it's by no means a sure thing. It would appear, though, that while the Avatar and miss Carlyle are separated, her contribution to the fight is nil - she'll run and hide while the Avatar precisely and violently targets Spirit Masters. And if all else fails, I have to enact a horrible fallback plan..."
He grimaced, "A plan V, which I rather wish I hadn't even thought of, but that I can't ignore once it came up..."

He fished up a copy of the Labyrinth maps from his pocket, "As for moving through the Labyrinth, did anyone see these maps of the place, drawn up by the captive in the infirmary? We know - we have reason to trust these rough maps; the information seems to match what we know from other sources, and as such, there's a number of practical tactical options for setting up offenses at certain locations, such as..." He fumbled around the map for one of the positions near a Node, "Here, using the power of a Node, it should be a fairly simple thing to set up the equivalent of an automated gun turret, flinging repeated prime bolts down the passages while we make our way past in another direction. Equally, the Quintessence in the tanks should allow me a surprisingly sustainable amount of firepower in the same manner, for a more mobile... weapons platform, I suppose. Plus, of course, mundane weaponry; I have a few Primium rounds, and a few rounds courtesy of miss Kelly, able to temporarily incapacitate whoever I hit without killing them."
He handed the maps to Crexia, "Did you get a copy for yourself, or...?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:00 pm

Colin mused, "Good things come to those who wait... The polar opposite is also true."

"Yes indeed."
Samantha said with a grim look in her eyes.
"Yes indeed."

He shrugged, "I'll live... I should have been as cautious with that as I am with the vile stuff..."

"Perhaps you should have been."
Olamide said and nodded.

He sighed and nodded, "I don't know much about Avatars; it's not a Sphere I have any understanding of at all, but... miss Carlyle made a deal at some point after seeing her Mentor... flayed for being part of the island beast affair some years back. She wanted to protect herself from ever being in that position; from ever being helpless as her Avatar was cut apart. What she got... is an Avatar who remembers what it was, and who is now partly some lower form of spirit cobbled together into an ephemeral attack dog... extremely dangerous, but surprisingly verbose, and... for some reason, afraid of me."

"I noticed that it was afraid of you yes, in the sewers, perhaps we can use that, though I would not reply on it."
Cara said and Leon shook his head sadly.
"That is a terrible fate, I almost feel sorry for the girl."
He chimed in.
"So Miss Carlyle's Avatar can move and act independently of the host then? That is indeed most dangerous."
Olamide said.
"Do it attack spiritually or physically?"

He paused for a moment, "I received, through a series of events far too implausible to detail for now, a magical item which will supposedly work as a beacon of light, capable of for a brief moment reminding a Fallen, twisted Avatar of what it once was. I believe it has a chance to briefly stun miss Carlyle's Avatar, potentially even cause it to help tear itself apart from what it was merged with, though I must stress it's by no means a sure thing.

"What kind of item is this Mr Wainwright, and how have you come by such a wonder?"
Leon asked and raised an eyebrow. Crexia quickly deflected the question by saying.
"That is our plan A, using premade and hung banishings that seam to have an effect on the lesser Ephemera this thing is partly made of, as well as some weapons constructed to give it a shock and if Mr Wainwright's talisman work it as well to either stun it for long enough for me and the other Masters of Spirit in this group, non a full six but it will still work...can do our job..."
Everyone in the room looked uneasy at that and Leon did not look like he wanted to ask any more questions.
"That is bad...horrible...it scares me."
Nancy declares and Crexia sigh.
"It scares me as well Miss Scott but we have to do it...now plan B is to use the above mentioned weapons and rotes to drive this rouge Avatar into a trap, one set up by Master Telar to trap it into one of the programs the Adepts use for their duels and if that also fail...well then I will have no choice to try to send it forward in time and hope it actually respond to time magick..."

It would appear, though, that while the Avatar and miss Carlyle are separated, her contribution to the fight is nil - she'll run and hide while the Avatar precisely and violently targets Spirit Masters. And if all else fails, I have to enact a horrible fallback plan..."

"What happens if we find the girl herself and end her life while she is hiding?"
Leon wanted to know.
"More likely than not her Avatar go berserk, I worry about the thing attacking Lady Crexia, Master Jabob and the Quesitori though..."
Olamide said with a concerned look.
"Hopefully the banishments we have prepared will keep it from doing that."
Crexia said but Jake still put a protective hand on old Umella's shoulder, he did not look convinced.

He grimaced, "A plan V, which I rather wish I hadn't even thought of, but that I can't ignore once it came up..."

"What is this plan V that skips most of the alphabet if you do not mind me asking Mr Wainwright?"
Jake asked and gave you a level look.
"It do not sound like a plesant choice."

He fished up a copy of the Labyrinth maps from his pocket, "As for moving through the Labyrinth, did anyone see these maps of the place, drawn up by the captive in the infirmary? We know - we have reason to trust these rough maps; the information seems to match what we know from other sources, and as such, there's a number of practical tactical options for setting up offenses at certain locations, such as..."

"Yeah Lady Crexia sent us copies to our phones."
Cara said and indicated her iphone in a black rubber case with symbols painted on it, it seamed like even the old Guernicus woman had a smart phone, though she had one of those especially made for the elderly with simplified functions and larger script and icons.
"It is odd to see this map drawn by a child Nephandus hand, to go into battle using something drawn by one of their young, it makes them feel almost...human."
Leon muttered and looked down on his phone.

He fumbled around the map for one of the positions near a Node, "Here, using the power of a Node, it should be a fairly simple thing to set up the equivalent of an automated gun turret, flinging repeated prime bolts down the passages while we make our way past in another direction. Equally, the Quintessence in the tanks should allow me a surprisingly sustainable amount of firepower in the same manner, for a more mobile... weapons platform, I suppose. Plus, of course, mundane weaponry; I have a few Primium rounds, and a few rounds courtesy of miss Kelly, able to temporarily incapacitate whoever I hit without killing them."

"That will be useful to make sure our enemies can not sneak up on us."
Crexia said as she moved over to you and glanced at the drawings.
"Ok we will be going in here...I find it most likely that Miss Carlyle is either here in her chambers or here the infirmary."
She said and pointed to two pointed on the map, Matty's room and the infirmary which was marked with yucky Dr Gerder, right next to the infirmary where a room where Anna had drawn in flowers and it was likely Abigail's orchid room, there where other living quarters, a TV room and the kitchens close by, the Nodes where further into the Labyrinth though, one did not grow orchids right next to corrupted Nodes.
"What would you consider to be the most tactically sound way to get there?"
She asked as a murmur about the wisdom of using corrupted Quintessence for anything arouse in the room, you had allot of skeptical mages in there.
"Miss Kelly's bullets should be saves for when we want to make a capture then..."
Crexia said.
"I am not sure anyone else have Primium bullets but I have a Primium tipped dueling whip I use in battle, it can get quite nasty, several of the others do carry guns though with regular ammunition."
She said. Cara raised her hand.
"I can enchant ammunition to do more damage, and be harder to heal from."
She offered.
"I know that trick as well, very useful...useful against rats."
Nancy chimed in and giggled.

He handed the maps to Crexia, "Did you get a copy for yourself, or...?"

"I did I also had Master Harris scan them for me and I have sent the files to the others' phones, a map, even a crude one can be a good idea to have.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:33 pm

"I noticed that it was afraid of you yes, in the sewers, perhaps we can use that, though I would not reply on it."
Cara said and Leon shook his head sadly.
"That is a terrible fate, I almost feel sorry for the girl."
He chimed in.
"So Miss Carlyle's Avatar can move and act independently of the host then? That is indeed most dangerous."
Olamide said.
"Do it attack spiritually or physically?"
Colin nodded to Cara and Leon, "I feel sorry for her Avatar, too... What was done to it was... unlikely with its consent."
He sighed, "And it seems the answer to that last question is 'yes' - and possibly mentally, too."

"What kind of item is this Mr Wainwright, and how have you come by such a wonder?"
Leon asked and raised an eyebrow. Crexia quickly deflected the question by saying.
"That is our plan A, using premade and hung banishings that seam to have an effect on the lesser Ephemera this thing is partly made of, as well as some weapons constructed to give it a shock and if Mr Wainwright's talisman work it as well to either stun it for long enough for me and the other Masters of Spirit in this group, non a full six but it will still work...can do our job..."
Colin nodded to Crexia, "Quite... Suffice to say my future self has been cheating by pinpointing my past self to deliver, well, information dumps from the future to my past self when I've been involved in a temporal effect - and let's just say it becomes more preposterous from there. The talisman itself is a... pine cone."

Everyone in the room looked uneasy at that and Leon did not look like he wanted to ask any more questions.
"That is bad...horrible...it scares me."
Nancy declares and Crexia sigh.
"It scares me as well Miss Scott but we have to do it...now plan B is to use the above mentioned weapons and rotes to drive this rouge Avatar into a trap, one set up by Master Telar to trap it into one of the programs the Adepts use for their duels and if that also fail...well then I will have no choice to try to send it forward in time and hope it actually respond to time magick..."
He nodded to Nancy, "As well it should... but I fear our remaining alternatives are worse..."

"What happens if we find the girl herself and end her life while she is hiding?"
Leon wanted to know.
"More likely than not her Avatar go berserk, I worry about the thing attacking Lady Crexia, Master Jabob and the Quesitori though..."
Olamide said with a concerned look.
"Hopefully the banishments we have prepared will keep it from doing that."
Crexia said but Jake still put a protective hand on old Umella's shoulder, he did not look convinced.
He grimaced, "If that should happen, there's a contingency for that... I pray it won't come to that."

"What is this plan V that skips most of the alphabet if you do not mind me asking Mr Wainwright?"
Jake asked and gave you a level look.
"It do not sound like a plesant choice."
He gave Jake a sad look in return, "There's one fate for a Mage worse than Gilgul... If we can avoid falling back on that plan, then I hope none of us ever have to contemplate it again... because not even miss Carlyle deserves it."

"Yeah Lady Crexia sent us copies to our phones."
Cara said and indicated her iphone in a black rubber case with symbols painted on it, it seamed like even the old Guernicus woman had a smart phone, though she had one of those especially made for the elderly with simplified functions and larger script and icons.
"It is odd to see this map drawn by a child Nephandus hand, to go into battle using something drawn by one of their young, it makes them feel almost...human."
Leon muttered and looked down on his phone.
He gave Leon a level look, "That's probably because they are human... And you had best keep that in mind, too, because while they are every bit as frail and mortal as we are, they are also just as equally clever and capable, with the same capacity and frame of reference for reasoning and planning. Dismissing their humanity is... tactically and strategically unwise."

"That will be useful to make sure our enemies can not sneak up on us."
Crexia said as she moved over to you and glanced at the drawings.
"Ok we will be going in here...I find it most likely that Miss Carlyle is either here in her chambers or here the infirmary."
She said and pointed to two pointed on the map, Matty's room and the infirmary which was marked with yucky Dr Gerder, right next to the infirmary where a room where Anna had drawn in flowers and it was likely Abigail's orchid room, there where other living quarters, a TV room and the kitchens close by, the Nodes where further into the Labyrinth though, one did not grow orchids right next to corrupted Nodes.
He nodded, "A rational assumption. A third possibility is that she's well enough to lounge in the TV room here, or perhaps getting something to eat in the kitchen, depending on exactly how hurt she is at present. We should be very careful about this room, though," he painted to the flower room, "Abigail's very fond of her orchids, and there's no telling what sort of variants she's cultivated."

"What would you consider to be the most tactically sound way to get there?"
She asked as a murmur about the wisdom of using corrupted Quintessence for anything arouse in the room, you had allot of skeptical mages in there.
He pondered for a moment, "We know they are short on Fallen, down to a handful or two, but they still have some outright horrors lurking, as well as some werebears and a few Linear Magi of their own... This passageway," he gestured to a corridor, "is the straightest path to the residential area, and so probably guarded. This one," he pointed to a separate corridor, "is rather less direct, but less likely to be as heavily defended. And then there's the shortest linear path, entering this room here, "he pointed to a room near the entrance," and trying to demolish our way from room to room, preferably with some silencing effects as we go."

"Miss Kelly's bullets should be saves for when we want to make a capture then..."
Crexia said.
"I am not sure anyone else have Primium bullets but I have a Primium tipped dueling whip I use in battle, it can get quite nasty, several of the others do carry guns though with regular ammunition."
She said. Cara raised her hand.
"I can enchant ammunition to do more damage, and be harder to heal from."
She offered.
"I know that trick as well, very useful...useful against rats."
Nancy chimed in and giggled.
He nodded, "Since we're liable to meet assorted manifested monstrosities and werebears, that sort of quick enhancement work would probably not go amiss..."

"I did I also had Master Harris scan them for me and I have sent the files to the others' phones, a map, even a crude one can be a good idea to have.
He nodded, "Good. I think that's about what I can come up with at the moment, that hasn't already been covered... Now, Mr. Roth Hicks would like for anyone not wishing to be present for my quick lesson and demonstration to join him in the sitting room two doors down to discuss tactics and brainstorm, but as for the rest... should I commence instruction now?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:10 pm

Nancy nodded and grinned to you she came over and sat down. "No I would not like to but Rossy are worried..." She said.
"I will sit here then...I will talk with you later, the numbers will speak...they sing." She agreed.

"Thank you."

"We know some... This Chantry clashed with her seventy years ago..."
"That was her? Damn I hope no one tell Martin...our Deacon Primus, his wife through centuries died in that clash." The Etherite said she sounded a bit concerned.
"I heard about that yeah...Dylan I think his name was he was kidnapped by the Nephandi...it was bad back then, very bad or so I hear. I was after all not born at that point."Samantha said and sigh.

Yet another conversation that he didn't want to draw too much attention to or discuss in detail. But he recalled the Labyrinth, the old one. And Abigail's torture...that man had been beaten and tormented and even when he was about to die for killing Claire before they could destroy her avatar, he had remained dignified. He had hope and principles. Now they were going to go back,into the new labyrinth which was not unlike the old one, born of something unholy, surrounded by pain and sorrow. Full of rats.

He nodded, "Of course. I will most likely ask it back once I've... reduced my payload, then - just to reduce the risk of contamination further."

His brows drew together, slightly confused as to when that would be. Though if the thing was supposed to go into the Labyrinth, surely it must be somewhat resistant. It certainly seemed inert now, closed up like a fist full of secrets, wound as inscrutably as Nancy's commentary. And he felt that way too, as if he wanted to close up and protected it, though he should not. He felt a strange trickle of something not easily identified at first. It was akin to shame, feeling as if he was being foolish or overprotective, that maybe Colin was humoring him a bit while trying to get things moving on. And even as he put his hand towards his, the prickling sensation hit his ears and nose, like a kid who knew he didn't deserve the car keys after his behavior but had been offered them anyway.  "After your demonstration," he repeated. Then, "Whatever you need from me in the moment, you may have it," he said, then closed his hand around Colin's and the pinecone a moment before taking it and placing it in the most secure place he currently had available.

He smiled, "Quite. Nothing wrong with worrying in and of itself, but it's best if the worries can be immediately dismissed or at least addressed by taking one or two extra checks... In this case, though, preventative measures seem a trifle difficult..."

"True and you are right."

He sighed, "Well, if that was all, I'll head back to the others, and see who would prefer to stay and talk tactics with you instead of learning a new Rote... Most likely, though, I suspect I'll be by after the lesson to retrieve you again."

"Yes, I'm sorry for using your time"

He gave Adley a small wink, "I won't say anything if you decide to attend class after all, though. By the way, the shields Mr. Haagen gave us - he said about two hours and two doses each, didn't he?"

"You're not going to allow me a chance to enjoy being a poor student, are you?" he said with a small smile. "And it was 2 dose each, 8 hours."

After Colin stepped outside, he sighed and muttered to himself in an annoyed fashion in Greek and then took a deep breath, pacing around the room slowly. Maybe he ought to have taken Colin up on his offer to show him his rote again. He felt another pinch of shame at leaving Colin to a crowded roomful of people without him at his back. Then he went over what Nancy had said regarding the acorns, looking for clues regarding the pinecone. He was not the best with numerology but he knew that the letters were also numbers. The acorns were watered by blood and the red woman was hope... the thing that felt like calmness in calamity against his beating heart.

He had to admit something, to himself at least, that no Flambeau would want to admit. That they were supposed to have overcome. That he had overcome to find it crop up again under a new guise. It likewise had to be dealt with and it was good he had a moment alone to do it and be done with it:

He was afraid.

Fear of this terrible and wonderous miracle that seemed immanent, that held such uncertainty in its consequences. Some of it might be fear from Dylan or an overwhelming need to protect from the shard but it would be too easy to dismiss it, yet they were a part of him now. All the eyes that looked at him from within. And they were brave. The meaning of 'Be careful' was worry. Worry meant I fear, out of love. Fear of failure was failure. The real self did not fear but acted in accordance with attaining what it set out to achieve. It could be an open hand, a closed fist, both or between. And he believed they could and would do it - whatever it was that they were going to do. When the time came, Colin would know what to do and he would help him with accomplishing it. 'He who can open the bud does so simply.'

He picked up a few of his mental bricks and turned them over, exposing the worms to the light, brushing off the dirt and pulling up the weeds of doubt. He put a few more down that he was guarding too closely, grinding them to dust in his closed fist. Hoarding them turned them into a burden. They were not even all his own. He saw the shadow his light cast. And so he spent the moment waiting to see if anyone was going to join him, or if he had isolated them because he was afraid.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:29 pm

Colin nodded to Cara and Leon, "I feel sorry for her Avatar, too... What was done to it was... unlikely with its consent."
He sighed, "And it seems the answer to that last question is 'yes' - and possibly mentally, too."

"It is a tragedy, but a tragedy we unfortunately have to deal with."
Jake said and Leon nodded.
"I see both physically, spiritually and mentally, wonderful...that is just great."
Leon muttered.

Colin nodded to Crexia, "Quite... Suffice to say my future self has been cheating by pinpointing my past self to deliver, well, information dumps from the future to my past self when I've been involved in a temporal effect - and let's just say it becomes more preposterous from there. The talisman itself is a... pine cone."

"I see, that must be both practical and quite confusing Mr Wainwright."
Leon said and nodded, he seamed to accept your explanation.
"A pine cone, sounds like something a Verbena would make a talisman out of."
He commented. Crexia just slightly nodded.

He nodded to Nancy, "As well it should... but I fear our remaining alternatives are worse..."

"Bad...bad...I do not like it the numbers are wrong."
Nancy protested.

He grimaced, "If that should happen, there's a contingency for that... I pray it won't come to that."

Leon raised an eyebrow at that.

He gave Jake a sad look in return, "There's one fate for a Mage worse than Gilgul... If we can avoid falling back on that plan, then I hope none of us ever have to contemplate it again... because not even miss Carlyle deserves it."

Jake looked at you confused for a moment then it dawned on him and he paled.
"I...hope we can avoid that."
He muttered softly his fellow Quesitor gave you a sad look.

He gave Leon a level look, "That's probably because they are human... And you had best keep that in mind, too, because while they are every bit as frail and mortal as we are, they are also just as equally clever and capable, with the same capacity and frame of reference for reasoning and planning. Dismissing their humanity is... tactically and strategically unwise."

The Hermetic looked at you for a moment then he sigh and nodded in agreement.
"I suppose you are right Mr Wainwright but it is hard to see Nephandi as anything but monsters lurking in the shadows with what they do and what they wish to do to reality."

He nodded, "A rational assumption. A third possibility is that she's well enough to lounge in the TV room here, or perhaps getting something to eat in the kitchen, depending on exactly how hurt she is at present. We should be very careful about this room, though," he painted to the flower room, "Abigail's very fond of her orchids, and there's no telling what sort of variants she's cultivated."

"Yes let us avoid the Master Nephandus' orchid garden...I agree though the TV room and kitchen are also possibilities, if we find one of their pawns we might be able to get them to tell us where the girl can be located, the four most likely places though seam to be in the same area so it should not take to long to check them all."
Crexia said as she looked down on the map.

He pondered for a moment, "We know they are short on Fallen, down to a handful or two, but they still have some outright horrors lurking, as well as some werebears and a few Linear Magi of their own... This passageway," he gestured to a corridor, "is the straightest path to the residential area, and so probably guarded. This one," he pointed to a separate corridor, "is rather less direct, but less likely to be as heavily defended. And then there's the shortest linear path, entering this room here, "he pointed to a room near the entrance," and trying to demolish our way from room to room, preferably with some silencing effects as we go."

"Silencing effects can be arranged, that is not a major problem though breaking down walls, since at least some of those walls are alive increase our chances someone will find us, then again they will notice us breaking down their wards as well so we are going to have to fight...the narrow corridor is probably our safest bet and it should give us access to the entire square of private rooms, the infirmary and the recreation areas and mess hall..."
The archmage commented as her eyes followed your finger on the map.
"If we get here, we can set up defenses here and here and make it harder for any forces the Fallen send to stop us to get to us."
She said and pointed at two intersections.

He nodded, "Since we're liable to meet assorted manifested monstrosities and werebears, that sort of quick enhancement work would probably not go amiss..."

"Just hand over the ammo you want enchanted, it should not take long Mr Wainwright and that go for the rest of you as well."
Cara said and Nancy giggled enthusiastically at the notion.

He nodded, "Good. I think that's about what I can come up with at the moment, that hasn't already been covered...

Crexia nodded at that.
"Well it have been helpful young man."

Now, Mr. Roth Hicks would like for anyone not wishing to be present for my quick lesson and demonstration to join him in the sitting room two doors down to discuss tactics and brainstorm, but as for the rest... should I commence instruction now?"

"I should probably work on enchanting that ammunition though I hate to miss such an opportunity though but we are short on time."
Cara said regretfully.
"Well I am not so sure Mr Wainwright can teach me, if he works well with Hermetics then my own Paradigm will be rather alien, I will take care of enchanting the bullets so you stay Cara."
Loretta said and stood.
"I know how to do that little trick as well."
The Cultist commented, no one else seamed like they wanted to miss your little lesson though.

"Thank you."

Nancy gave Adley a smile and giggled again.

After you had waited for a while you hear a soft tap on the door and Loretta and her student came into the small sitting room.
"Ehm...since our Paradigm is so different from that of the Hermetics we thought it best we did some enchanting work that needs to be done while Mr Wainwright teach his rote to the others."
Loretta said as she strode into the room, the woman never walked she strode in and found a chair to sit in. Rosario gave you a smile.
"I am here to help my teacher we are enchanting the bullets we will be using Mr Roth Hicks...would you like for us to work on yours as well?"
She said in a friendly tone of voice though she spoke softly as if she could sense your inner dialog and did not want to disturb you.

(OOC: Colin's conversation with Samantha happened earlier I am sorry for not marking that off.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:52 pm

"It is a tragedy, but a tragedy we unfortunately have to deal with."
Jake said and Leon nodded.
"I see both physically, spiritually and mentally, wonderful...that is just great."
Leon muttered.
Colin nodded, "The thing is possibly the most dangerous being I've encountered - and I was lucky to be able to scare it off without actually fighting..."

"I see, that must be both practical and quite confusing Mr Wainwright."
Leon said and nodded, he seamed to accept your explanation.
"A pine cone, sounds like something a Verbena would make a talisman out of."
He commented. Crexia just slightly nodded.
He nodded, "Very much so."

Jake looked at you confused for a moment then it dawned on him and he paled.
"I...hope we can avoid that."
He muttered softly his fellow Quesitor gave you a sad look.
He nodded, "Often, when someone says something is the last thing they want to do, they're exaggerating... in this case, though, it's truly the absolutely last resort... I pray it won't come to that."

The Hermetic looked at you for a moment then he sigh and nodded in agreement.
"I suppose you are right Mr Wainwright but it is hard to see Nephandi as anything but monsters lurking in the shadows with what they do and what they wish to do to reality."
He smiled wryly, "Indeed - and that just shows they've got some remarkable public relations help in the Traditions. In fact, if there's anything for which the Technocracy should be given full credit, it's their dealing with the Fallen as powerful, horrible people rather than bogeymen in the wardrobe. To make a point, there are two Nephandi in the building; one old warrior whose combat capabilites I quite respect, and who I would dread to meet on an even battlefield, and one terrified twelve years old girl in the infirmary, whose future prospects presently seem limited to gilgul or massive heart failure due to the improper healing of a gunshot wound I inflicted upon her. I would strongly advise you to acknowledge their humanity... if not, seeing their rooms with pictures on the wall, toys, books, hobbies... will be a rude awakening and potentially a fatal distraction as we fight."

His brows drew together, slightly confused as to when that would be. Though if the thing was supposed to go into the Labyrinth, surely it must be somewhat resistant. It certainly seemed inert now, closed up like a fist full of secrets, wound as inscrutably as Nancy's commentary. And he felt that way too, as if he wanted to close up and protected it, though he should not. He felt a strange trickle of something not easily identified at first. It was akin to shame, feeling as if he was being foolish or overprotective, that maybe Colin was humoring him a bit while trying to get things moving on. And even as he put his hand towards his, the prickling sensation hit his ears and nose, like a kid who knew he didn't deserve the car keys after his behavior but had been offered them anyway. "After your demonstration," he repeated. Then, "Whatever you need from me in the moment, you may have it," he said, then closed his hand around Colin's and the pinecone a moment before taking it and placing it in the most secure place he currently had available.
He nodded, "After the demonstration. Or I might let you hold on to it until after the wards are battered down; your houseguest might have some insights to share... Freddy did say you would be helpful in working things out - a lot of things."
He scratched the side of his nose, "On that note, I'm committed to clean up the Serafina - the so-called cursed Umbra Ship. As part of the compensation for teaching miss Kelly my proxy Rote, I'm getting an expedition with her before she's sold - to search for Teomim's lost laboratories which may or may not be out there. I'd like you to go with me on that trip. Both as an asset and a friend... or as family, if you prefer."

"You're not going to allow me a chance to enjoy being a poor student, are you?" he said with a small smile. "And it was 2 dose each, 8 hours."
He nodded, "8 hours, even better... Might be about time to take the first dose, then."

"Yes let us avoid the Master Nephandus' orchid garden...I agree though the TV room and kitchen are also possibilities, if we find one of their pawns we might be able to get them to tell us where the girl can be located, the four most likely places though seam to be in the same area so it should not take to long to check them all."
Crexia said as she looked down on the map.
He pondered, "Actually, it seems likely Abigail herself could be looking after her orchids when we arrive, so we should very much be on alert to avoid a surprise attack from that room."

"Silencing effects can be arranged, that is not a major problem though breaking down walls, since at least some of those walls are alive increase our chances someone will find us, then again they will notice us breaking down their wards as well so we are going to have to fight...the narrow corridor is probably our safest bet and it should give us access to the entire square of private rooms, the infirmary and the recreation areas and mess hall..."
The archmage commented as her eyes followed your finger on the map.
"If we get here, we can set up defenses here and here and make it harder for any forces the Fallen send to stop us to get to us."
She said and pointed at two intersections.
He nodded, "That seems sound, and sufficiently defensible should we meet resistance. If the lighting is good, we could have clear shots across the square, to get any strays trying to flee..."

"Just hand over the ammo you want enchanted, it should not take long Mr Wainwright and that go for the rest of you as well."
Cara said and Nancy giggled enthusiastically at the notion.
He looked up and nodded, fishing the spare magazine from his pocket, and smoothly unloading the clip from the pistol and unloading the mundane bullets from the magazine, all the way down to the four Primium rounds. "Very good - if there's not enough time for all, just keep the enchanted and the unenchanted rounds separate."

"I should probably work on enchanting that ammunition though I hate to miss such an opportunity though but we are short on time."
Cara said regretfully.
"Well I am not so sure Mr Wainwright can teach me, if he works well with Hermetics then my own Paradigm will be rather alien, I will take care of enchanting the bullets so you stay Cara."
Loretta said and stood.
"I know how to do that little trick as well."
The Cultist commented, no one else seamed like they wanted to miss your little lesson though.
He nodded to Loretta, "A reasonable assumption - I'm sure I could explain, but it would require a separate form of adaptation. Very well; I might see if I can explain it on the way to the Labyrinth..."

He cleared his throat and looked around the classroom, feeling his spirit sink briefly, then he shook his head and turned to the blackboard, forcibly reminding himself that he wasn't addressing a crowd, or a classroom, he was explaining something to a handful of individuals he knew by name... He started, voice as steady as he could make it, back straight, "Let us start with the basic erroneous assumption - that for Quintessence to be channeled into a spell, it must be refined through the Avatar. This is inaccurate, as readily available Quintessence - even solidified as Tass - is already refined enough to empower magic." He drew up a few simple diagrams, "What we must be wary of, of course, is the Resonance of the Quintessence used: it will likely be highly different from your own, and will affect the Rote fueled by it accordingly, to an extent directly proportional to the amount of Quintessence used. Obviously, this does allow for some interesting blending and balancing of highly Resonated Quintessence to achieve a sort of equilibrium, but that's really a question for later. Now, here's how it works..."

((OOC: So, Int + Paradigm Translation - 2,3,5,5,0. That... should be enough, I think?))
((OOC2: Yeah, that conversation with Samantha got bundled into the other meeting. We were a bit unclear with the keeping them clearly separate.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:00 am

He nodded, "After the demonstration. Or I might let you hold on to it until after the wards are battered down; your houseguest might have some insights to share... Freddy did say you would be helpful in working things out - a lot of things."

Adley gave him an odd look, still mulling over his request for a promise and trying to explain his own reticence and feeling of transgression, then took out the notebook. He wrote: 'I believe you were given it for a reason. If you give me a thing to hold, I will grip it tightly. I have been trained to hold swords and shields, to fight to protect. The hand that holds this must have a firm grip but know when to let go when it finds the right mark. It is a duty for an archer, who can pull the bowstring towards their heart so that the aim can be far and true. That is something I am still learning. You will know the target and the time. But any insights I have I will gladly share with you and any help I can give is yours to take.'

He scratched the side of his nose, "On that note, I'm committed to clean up the Serafina - the so-called cursed Umbra Ship. As part of the compensation for teaching miss Kelly my proxy Rote, I'm getting an expedition with her before she's sold - to search for Teomim's lost laboratories which may or may not be out there. I'd like you to go with me on that trip. Both as an asset and a friend... or as family, if you prefer."

He gave him a smile. "I prefer all of those reasons. I do not know what the path will bring at that time. But...if reasons and duty line up then the answer will likely be yes. Let's first get through the next day, so there can be a next."

He nodded, "8 hours, even better... Might be about time to take the first dose, then."

"Soon, yes," he agreed.

After you had waited for a while you hear a soft tap on the door and Loretta and her student came into the small sitting room.
"Ehm...since our Paradigm is so different from that of the Hermetics we thought it best we did some enchanting work that needs to be done while Mr Wainwright teach his rote to the others."
Loretta said as she strode into the room, the woman never walked she strode in and found a chair to sit in. Rosario gave you a smile.
"I am here to help my teacher we are enchanting the bullets we will be using Mr Roth Hicks...would you like for us to work on yours as well?"

He looked up from the random spot of floor he had stopped at when he heard them knock and nodded to them both as they came in. "That would be welcome, thank you. I will also work on one of my own," he said, and then took the spare magazine for the pistol and offered it out to Rosario. Is there something you need to accomplish your work? If I work in here with you...I can be a bit loud. I hope that will not bother you." Well, Loretta already knew what he sounded like. He thought of her quick fox, when he worked with them, as if he'd been in a trance.

// whups sorry, I got confused which NPCs were in the room - strike that bit then.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:50 am

Adley gave him an odd look, still mulling over his request for a promise and trying to explain his own reticence and feeling of transgression, then took out the notebook. He wrote: 'I believe you were given it for a reason. If you give me a thing to hold, I will grip it tightly. I have been trained to hold swords and shields, to fight to protect. The hand that holds this must have a firm grip but know when to let go when it finds the right mark. It is a duty for an archer, who can pull the bowstring towards their heart so that the aim can be far and true. That is something I am still learning. You will know the target and the time. But any insights I have I will gladly share with you and any help I can give is yours to take.'
Colin read the note and nodded slowly, "I was indeed given it for a reason. Freddy said I will figure it out. However, as an archer might need to throw his quiver to a companion standing at a more favourable angle for the shot, I'm lending it to you for a while. Your education might point to an angle I cannot as easily guess at."

He gave him a smile. "I prefer all of those reasons. I do not know what the path will bring at that time. But...if reasons and duty line up then the answer will likely be yes. Let's first get through the next day, so there can be a next."
He grinned, "The cleanup will probably require weeks or months of research and analysis, followed by enlisting Magi higher ranked than myself. There's no rush, not next to the crises in the interim."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:14 am

"As you wish, then," rather than argue. There wasn't anything to argue about for now at any rate. He would come to get it from him when it was the time to do so.

He grinned, "The cleanup will probably require weeks or months of research and analysis, followed by enlisting Magi higher ranked than myself. There's no rush, not next to the crises in the interim."

"We are busy enough as it is," he agreed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:08 am

Colin nodded, "The thing is possibly the most dangerous being I've encountered - and I was lucky to be able to scare it off without actually fighting..."

The Hermetic gave a solemn nod to that he did not look to happy about what you where saying though.
"Let us just hope we can deal with it and not get killed or worse in the process."
Cara muttered softly.

He nodded, "Very much so."

Leon gave a bit of a smile at that.

He nodded, "Often, when someone says something is the last thing they want to do, they're exaggerating... in this case, though, it's truly the absolutely last resort... I pray it won't come to that."

"Yes it would be hard to ever forgive ourselves for such an action."
Jake muttered softly and several of the others shuddered.

He smiled wryly, "Indeed - and that just shows they've got some remarkable public relations help in the Traditions. In fact, if there's anything for which the Technocracy should be given full credit, it's their dealing with the Fallen as powerful, horrible people rather than bogeymen in the wardrobe.

Leon nodded but he did not seam completely convinced.
"But the things they do, what they are...it is horrible, how can a human being be such evil."
He protested.
"Well then again we can all Fall, even enough temptation or coercion, none of us is safe."
Cara said softly.
"And they where all regular mages once, in this life or another one."

To make a point, there are two Nephandi in the building; one old warrior whose combat capabilites I quite respect, and who I would dread to meet on an even battlefield, and one terrified twelve years old girl in the infirmary, whose future prospects presently seem limited to gilgul or massive heart failure due to the improper healing of a gunshot wound I inflicted upon her. I would strongly advise you to acknowledge their humanity... if not, seeing their rooms with pictures on the wall, toys, books, hobbies... will be a rude awakening and potentially a fatal distraction as we fight."

"But....but we Gilgul them..."
Leon said desperate to not see the ones sent to such a fate as human but rather as someone that might deserve such a grim fate.
"We have no choice there are no other way to deal with them but sometimes...perhaps our policies with that damnable ritual are to liberal when it comes to the Fallen."
Udella said in her creaky voice.
"But that we have no other choice do not make their fates less tragic...like Mr Wainwright say, they have hope and dreams as well and you will see that along with the horror of the Labyrinth and you need to be ready for that Sodalis."
She continued and Leon looked down clearly not liking what he was hearing, his brother gently patted his shoulder.

He pondered, "Actually, it seems likely Abigail herself could be looking after her orchids when we arrive, so we should very much be on alert to avoid a surprise attack from that room."

"Ah yes you are right Mr Wainwright we need to be on alert for that."
Crexia agreed and nodded.

He nodded, "That seems sound, and sufficiently defensible should we meet resistance. If the lighting is good, we could have clear shots across the square, to get any strays trying to flee..."

"Agreed, so we take these two points first then, prepare our defenses and then move further into the square...the problem is off course anyone already in the square can attack us here, and through here."
Crexia said and pointed.
"But it should still be defendable."
She declared and nodded.

He looked up and nodded, fishing the spare magazine from his pocket, and smoothly unloading the clip from the pistol and unloading the mundane bullets from the magazine, all the way down to the four Primium rounds. "Very good - if there's not enough time for all, just keep the enchanted and the unenchanted rounds separate."

"It should be enough time Mr Wainwright."
Cara said as she collected bullets from all the magi around the room, and some knives from Nancy.

He nodded to Loretta, "A reasonable assumption - I'm sure I could explain, but it would require a separate form of adaptation. Very well; I might see if I can explain it on the way to the Labyrinth..."

"We can not spare the time right now at least."
Loretta said as she accepted the ammunition and Nancy's knife from Cara.
"We need to be practical about this."
The Cultist said before she gave everyone in the room a crisp brow. Rosario stood.
"I will assist you Mentor."
She declared and nodded to everyone as well before the two Cultists left.

He cleared his throat and looked around the classroom, feeling his spirit sink briefly, then he shook his head and turned to the blackboard, forcibly reminding himself that he wasn't addressing a crowd, or a classroom, he was explaining something to a handful of individuals he knew by name... He started, voice as steady as he could make it, back straight, "Let us start with the basic erroneous assumption - that for Quintessence to be channeled into a spell, it must be refined through the Avatar. This is inaccurate, as readily available Quintessence - even solidified as Tass - is already refined enough to empower magic." He drew up a few simple diagrams, "What we must be wary of, of course, is the Resonance of the Quintessence used: it will likely be highly different from your own, and will affect the Rote fueled by it accordingly, to an extent directly proportional to the amount of Quintessence used. Obviously, this does allow for some interesting blending and balancing of highly Resonated Quintessence to achieve a sort of equilibrium, but that's really a question for later. Now, here's how it works..."

The gathered magi looked at the blackboard and nodded at what you where saying, they seamed to get it, a few of them pulled out notebooks and made notes or simple little drawings to make it easier for them to understand what you where saying but none of them asked questions.
"It sounds like to draw manifestation through the universal will, rather then through yourself like working with a tree inside of Yeshod rather than drawing down into Malkhut within yourself."
Leon commented and the other Hermetics nodded.

He looked up from the random spot of floor he had stopped at when he heard them knock and nodded to them both as they came in. "That would be welcome, thank you. I will also work on one of my own," he said, and then took the spare magazine for the pistol and offered it out to Rosario. Is there something you need to accomplish your work? If I work in here with you...I can be a bit loud. I hope that will not bother you." Well, Loretta already knew what he sounded like. He thought of her quick fox, when he worked with them, as if he'd been in a trance.

Rossario accepted the magazine and nodded she neatly put the ammunition out on the table.
"We need nothing but will it disturb you if I dance? We can use another room Mr Roth Hicks."
The younger Cultist said and her Mentor nodded.
"I just need a moment to meditate and get into a trance but Rosario use anything that require her concentration and inner instincts and creativity, archery is out so that means either her violin playing or dancing, but like she said we can use another room."
Loretta offered.

(OOC: We where not clear enough in what we where writing the Hermetics will not be pleased with is Warp. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:00 am

The Hermetic gave a solemn nod to that he did not look to happy about what you where saying though.
"Let us just hope we can deal with it and not get killed or worse in the process."
Cara muttered softly.
Colin nodded solemnly, "We've suffered enough losses against that thing already..."

"Yes it would be hard to ever forgive ourselves for such an action."
Jake muttered softly and several of the others shuddered.
"Outright impossible, even... Which is why I'd like to keep the plan a secret from those not directly involved, both before and after the battle - the latter especially so if it proves unnecessary. I should really hate to give some young, enthusiastic Mage a bad idea..."

Leon nodded but he did not seam completely convinced.
"But the things they do, what they are...it is horrible, how can a human being be such evil."
He protested.
"Well then again we can all Fall, even enough temptation or coercion, none of us is safe."
Cara said softly.
"And they where all regular mages once, in this life or another one."
He gave Leon a level look, "How can a human being be so evil, indeed... Humans have as great a cpacity for evil as for good. Even one with the noblest of ideals can find themselves compelled to do something unspeakably cruel, even if there's no malicious intent behind it. Case in point, plan V..."

"But....but we Gilgul them..."
Leon said desperate to not see the ones sent to such a fate as human but rather as someone that might deserve such a grim fate.
"We have no choice there are no other way to deal with them but sometimes...perhaps our policies with that damnable ritual are to liberal when it comes to the Fallen."
Udella said in her creaky voice.
"But that we have no other choice do not make their fates less tragic...like Mr Wainwright say, they have hope and dreams as well and you will see that along with the horror of the Labyrinth and you need to be ready for that Sodalis."
She continued and Leon looked down clearly not liking what he was hearing, his brother gently patted his shoulder.
He nodded to Leon, "Now you're beginning to see the true horror of the practice... and why the Nephandi are so insidious and dangerous to the Traditions."

"Agreed, so we take these two points first then, prepare our defenses and then move further into the square...the problem is off course anyone already in the square can attack us here, and through here."
Crexia said and pointed.
"But it should still be defendable."
She declared and nodded.
He nodded, "Suppressive fire should be a simple enough thing."

"We can not spare the time right now at least."
Loretta said as she accepted the ammunition and Nancy's knife from Cara.
"We need to be practical about this."
The Cultist said before she gave everyone in the room a crisp brow. Rosario stood.
"I will assist you Mentor."
She declared and nodded to everyone as well before the two Cultists left.
He nodded, "See you soon, then, ladies."

The gathered magi looked at the blackboard and nodded at what you where saying, they seamed to get it, a few of them pulled out notebooks and made notes or simple little drawings to make it easier for them to understand what you where saying but none of them asked questions.
"It sounds like to draw manifestation through the universal will, rather then through yourself like working with a tree inside of Yeshod rather than drawing down into Malkhut within yourself."
Leon commented and the other Hermetics nodded.
He paused slightly as Leon spoke, then gave him a nod, "I'm not entirely familiar with the terminology - trying to learn secrets from a Hermetic is, well..." He smiled slightly, "I think I'd have better luck moving the moon from its orbit. But that does sound quite accurate. As for the demonstration, if you would kindly take a moment to open your eyes to the magic, and if you so prefer, strengthen your personal wards while I make a few preparations?"
He found a piece of paper and drew a quick circle on it, then gingerly picked up the volcanic stone with his handkerchief and placed it in the circle while the others made their preparations, then started concentrating; the dram of Tass was violent and explosive, so he'd need to be extra careful in containing the shard of primal flame in a restrained display - the mental image of a claw came to him; savage, primal and violent. A claw shape would do... "Unguis ex magia volcanis magnus..."

((OOC: So, Arete rolls - considering Colin wants to have a little more fine control over this unfamiliar Tass, he's making it at least two rolls, as a precaution... Arete: 3,9,0 - 3,8,0. Well, that probably worked fine... Should make for a very violent-looking claw hanging in the air for a few moments, shining with the primal fury of a volcano...))
((OOC2: Well, I'm not too worried about displeased Hermetics. I have a can opener. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Colin nodded solemnly, "We've suffered enough losses against that thing already..."

Crexia nodded sadly to that and both the Quesitors looked down. Leon said nothing he just looked at you for a moment.
"Yes we have."
Cara muttered.

"Outright impossible, even... Which is why I'd like to keep the plan a secret from those not directly involved, both before and after the battle - the latter especially so if it proves unnecessary. I should really hate to give some young, enthusiastic Mage a bad idea..."

"Agreed, we would not want anyone to think such a solution is a easy way to deal with...an enemy."
Crexia said and sigh.
"Or worse a way to save a loved one..."
She added solemnly then she looked at you for a moment before she continued.
"In either case if we manage to...destroy that Avatar and not just contain it...something are going to have to be done with Miss Carlyle...afterwards, it is the only humane option after such a loss."
The archmage said and looked down.
"I...will take care of it."

He gave Leon a level look, "How can a human being be so evil, indeed... Humans have as great a cpacity for evil as for good. Even one with the noblest of ideals can find themselves compelled to do something unspeakably cruel, even if there's no malicious intent behind it. Case in point, plan V..."

Leon looked at you for a moment then he sigh.
"I guess you are right, the path to hell are paved with good intentions they say. But...the Nephandi have no good intentions they just want everything to be destroyed...worse they want everything to have not existed, at least if I die I will leave behind my accomplishments in this life but the bloody Fallen want to take that away from all of us...how is there anything human in that?"
He demanded and shook his head angrily.

He nodded to Leon, "Now you're beginning to see the true horror of the practice... and why the Nephandi are so insidious and dangerous to the Traditions."

"I...do see the horror in it and I am not sure if I can help capture someone...human and send them to...that. I can not imagine how it would be like to loose...to not have magick anymore I...am not sure I can do that to a person."
Leon muttered, he looked at you for a moment and then looked down.

He nodded, "Suppressive fire should be a simple enough thing."

"Good, very well we have a basic plan then...and once we are done with...Miss Carlyle, given that fortune will favor us we will move room to room, exterminating the Nephandi we find so they can not rush to the aid of the defenders going after our main forcer...this path here should probably be a good way to move, going through the kitchens and the infirmary...not that I relish the idea of killing or capturing someone wounded in their sickbeds."
Crexia said and pointed at the map and frowned.

He nodded, "See you soon, then, ladies."

"We will Mr Wainwright."
Loretta said before she and her student left the room.

He paused slightly as Leon spoke, then gave him a nod, "I'm not entirely familiar with the terminology - trying to learn secrets from a Hermetic is, well..." He smiled slightly, "I think I'd have better luck moving the moon from its orbit. But that does sound quite accurate. As for the demonstration, if you would kindly take a moment to open your eyes to the magic, and if you so prefer, strengthen your personal wards while I make a few preparations?"

"Well it is first level knowledge that can be gleaned from the occult section of Barns and Noble but yes it is not the foundation for Hermetic theory as that I would quite literary be shot...or put on fire or quite a variety of unpleasant things for telling you but it is one basic for understanding and a way to visualize what you are saying Mr Wainwright."
Leon said and then he and the rest started chanting short pieces, some doing hand gestures. Nancy did the same though her words where Gaelic and her gestures large and circular, soon everyone had done what they needed to see magick though and sat waiting for the next part of your lesson.
"I like that part of the bookshops...many bricks there."
Nancy muttered.

He found a piece of paper and drew a quick circle on it, then gingerly picked up the volcanic stone with his handkerchief and placed it in the circle while the others made their preparations, then started concentrating; the dram of Tass was violent and explosive, so he'd need to be extra careful in containing the shard of primal flame in a restrained display - the mental image of a claw came to him; savage, primal and violent. A claw shape would do... "Unguis ex magia volcanis magnus..."

You work your rote and as you shape the Tass and set it to burn it forms a claw shape ready to strike, a large curved edge looking somewhat like a sword made of molten rock, a tool of destruction and war. Some of the magi gasped.
"I see it is like drawing the stopper out of the sink and setting what flows out to purpose."
Qrexia muttered.
"Very crafty Mr Wainwright, very crafty indeed."
You see some of the others made notes, Leon showed his notes to his less talkative brother who gently corrected him and made some notes of his own. Nancy grinned.
"Boom..."
She declared happily.

(OOC: I am sure no Hermetic have ever heard that joke before. Razz )
(OOC 2: Sorry for the late reply, I wanted a little nap...it did not turn out to be a little nap and I almost overslept for an appointment and had no time to post before now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:37 pm

Crexia nodded sadly to that and both the Quesitors looked down. Leon said nothing he just looked at you for a moment.
"Yes we have."
Cara muttered.
He sighed, "Let us try to keep in mind that what we're to do is not for vengeance, but to prevent it from happening again..."

"Agreed, we would not want anyone to think such a solution is a easy way to deal with...an enemy."
Crexia said and sigh.
"Or worse a way to save a loved one..."
She added solemnly then she looked at you for a moment before she continued.
"In either case if we manage to...destroy that Avatar and not just contain it...something are going to have to be done with Miss Carlyle...afterwards, it is the only humane option after such a loss."
The archmage said and looked down.
"I...will take care of it."
He nodded, "Thank you, Milady..."

Leon looked at you for a moment then he sigh.
"I guess you are right, the path to hell are paved with good intentions they say. But...the Nephandi have no good intentions they just want everything to be destroyed...worse they want everything to have not existed, at least if I die I will leave behind my accomplishments in this life but the bloody Fallen want to take that away from all of us...how is there anything human in that?"
He demanded and shook his head angrily.
He arched an eyebrow, "The Nephandi believe the world is an irredeemably shitty place, and want to revert it to the nothingness from which it once was made - a nonexistence of pure unfulfilled potential. I can appreciate the philosophy, it's their decision to deprive everyone else of choice that makes their path one of unbridled evil. Had they kept to themselves and only sought personal oblivion, they would not have been remotely as much of a threat, or even a nuisance, I think... It's their 'what's good for the goose is good for the gander' approach is the greater problem indeed..."

"I...do see the horror in it and I am not sure if I can help capture someone...human and send them to...that. I can not imagine how it would be like to loose...to not have magick anymore I...am not sure I can do that to a person."
Leon muttered, he looked at you for a moment and then looked down.
He nodded grimly, "Until there's a way to reverse the Caul's dark work, it's a necessity... A horrible, horrible necessity..."

"Good, very well we have a basic plan then...and once we are done with...Miss Carlyle, given that fortune will favor us we will move room to room, exterminating the Nephandi we find so they can not rush to the aid of the defenders going after our main forcer...this path here should probably be a good way to move, going through the kitchens and the infirmary...not that I relish the idea of killing or capturing someone wounded in their sickbeds."
Crexia said and pointed at the map and frowned.
He nodded, "At the very least, those we cannot capture, we can give a merciful death... And in any case, aside from Abigail herself, live captures are a secondary objective."

"Well it is first level knowledge that can be gleaned from the occult section of Barns and Noble but yes it is not the foundation for Hermetic theory as that I would quite literary be shot...or put on fire or quite a variety of unpleasant things for telling you but it is one basic for understanding and a way to visualize what you are saying Mr Wainwright."
Leon said and then he and the rest started chanting short pieces, some doing hand gestures. Nancy did the same though her words where Gaelic and her gestures large and circular, soon everyone had done what they needed to see magick though and sat waiting for the next part of your lesson.
"I like that part of the bookshops...many bricks there."
Nancy muttered.
He grinned, "Yes, I expect you were referencing the Kabbalah? I'm afraid my indulgences at Barnes and Noble have been more limited to the Fantasy section; I've found that to be more serviceable for my own research, oddly enough. There are surprisingly many bricks there, too..."

You work your rote and as you shape the Tass and set it to burn it forms a claw shape ready to strike, a large curved edge looking somewhat like a sword made of molten rock, a tool of destruction and war. Some of the magi gasped.
"I see it is like drawing the stopper out of the sink and setting what flows out to purpose."
Qrexia muttered.
"Very crafty Mr Wainwright, very crafty indeed."
You see some of the others made notes, Leon showed his notes to his less talkative brother who gently corrected him and made some notes of his own. Nancy grinned.
"Boom..."
She declared happily.
He nodded with a bit of satisfaction - not quite smug, but close enough - and let the claw dissipate, "And as you might note, there's virtually no residual Resonance from the Tass, either - it's burned off by letting it flavour the spell. Obviously, it's quite safe to assume the Quintessence's Resonance will affect the injuries inflicted, but the caster should be safe, save any Resonance naturally accumulated from the intent behind the spell. I'm sure some of you will be able to come up with further applications on the fly, as well, just keep in mind how the Quintessence will greatly affect the spell's expression - in this case a quite primal-looking, molten edge. Had I used corrupt Tass, it would have looked like a pus-oozing sore in reality, and if I'd used my own, perhaps a silvery, elegant blade..."

((OOC: I'd be more interested in the search for the one Hermetic who hadn't. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:28 pm

"We need nothing but will it disturb you if I dance? We can use another room Mr Roth Hicks." The younger Cultist said and her Mentor nodded.

"I just need a moment to meditate and get into a trance but Rosario use anything that require her concentration and inner instincts and creativity, archery is out so that means either her violin playing or dancing, but like she said we can use another room."

"As long as I have some space to work at arms length, say over here," he gestured towards the south end of the room, "you do not mind loud chanting and we don't run into one another, then I don't think there will be an issue. I have worked in very confined spaces before." He gave Rosario a smile. "But if you need music then I can go to the next chamber...I apologize in advance if you can still hear me though."

// hrm I've heard that one about paladins ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Colin:

He sighed, "Let us try to keep in mind that what we're to do is not for vengeance, but to prevent it from happening again..."

Crexia nodded solemnly at that.Jake sigh.
"Well let us hope the other options to deal with the young woman works so we never have to consider doing something like that."

He nodded, "Thank you, Milady..."

Crexia just nodded at that with a grim look in her eyes.

He arched an eyebrow, "The Nephandi believe the world is an irredeemably shitty place, and want to revert it to the nothingness from which it once was made - a nonexistence of pure unfulfilled potential. I can appreciate the philosophy, it's their decision to deprive everyone else of choice that makes their path one of unbridled evil. Had they kept to themselves and only sought personal oblivion, they would not have been remotely as much of a threat, or even a nuisance, I think... It's their 'what's good for the goose is good for the gander' approach is the greater problem indeed..."

"But to seek nothingness that is just wrong!"
Leon exclaimed but Cara softly spoke up.
"Really for several paths of Buddhism, and yes there is more than one type of Buddhism and several New Age religions have that as a goal, the belief that one day when they have gone through enough lives and become enlightened, learned their lessons they will become a part of the untapped well of potential in the world and cease to exist...I myself believe that is the Asencion my own Avatar seeks, the only difference is that I think that once it reach that and cease to exist then a new, Dynamic soul will be reborn to repeat that cycle again, so it's own journey though it's lifetimes become a microcosmos of it's greater journey but yes it is not the Nephandi's search for Oblivion that bother me it is that they want like Mr Wainwright are saying, to drag everyone else along for the ride that is the issue and also what methods they use to reach it, someone just wanting Oblivion for themselves I see no problem with."
The Criamon said softly and Leon nodded but he still seamed rather skeptical.

He nodded grimly, "Until there's a way to reverse the Caul's dark work, it's a necessity... A horrible, horrible necessity..."

Leon looked down and became very busy examining his own fingers for a while.
"How...do you face someone...that you are part of sending to such a fate?"
He asked softly, looking a bit pale and disturbed.

He nodded, "At the very least, those we cannot capture, we can give a merciful death... And in any case, aside from Abigail herself, live captures are a secondary objective."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Other than Abigail, we capture the Nephandi in that Labyrinth alive only if we can do so with little trouble, we can not afford to drag prisoners with us through the corridors, but if opportunity should present itself off course live captures are preferable but our task is to clear out the foul place, we go in with the intent to kill everything that moves that is not us our our allies down to the last man...and the walls."
She said firmly.

He grinned, "Yes, I expect you were referencing the Kabbalah? I'm afraid my indulgences at Barnes and Noble have been more limited to the Fantasy section; I've found that to be more serviceable for my own research, oddly enough. There are surprisingly many bricks there, too..."

"Well the Hermiticed Kabbalah yes, the original Jewish mystery tradition are somewhat different however some of it's ideas was joined with Hermetic theory during the Renaissance...and yes that is what I was referencing yes."
Leon said and nodded. Nancy smiled.
"I like that section of the bookstores to...yes many bricks. I like books, they should have all you can read buffets at bookstores like they have buffets at restaurants, that would be good."
She said and she giggled happily again.

He nodded with a bit of satisfaction - not quite smug, but close enough - and let the claw dissipate, "And as you might note, there's virtually no residual Resonance from the Tass, either - it's burned off by letting it flavour the spell. Obviously, it's quite safe to assume the Quintessence's Resonance will affect the injuries inflicted, but the caster should be safe, save any Resonance naturally accumulated from the intent behind the spell.

"I see hum...yes the spell itself will generate Resonance but the Resonance of the Tass itself seam not not enter the caster, most interesting, and I assume the effect can be kept running for as long as there is Quintessence to fuel it?"
Olamide said and nodded approvingly.

I'm sure some of you will be able to come up with further applications on the fly, as well, just keep in mind how the Quintessence will greatly affect the spell's expression - in this case a quite primal-looking, molten edge. Had I used corrupt Tass, it would have looked like a pus-oozing sore in reality, and if I'd used my own, perhaps a silvery, elegant blade..."

"So this is how you intend to use the vis from the Serafina's engines then Mr Wainwright?"
Leon asked.
"Excuse me but can you then use this rote to affect vis already in use, like for example draining the pattern woven for a spell?"
His soft spoken brother wanted to know."

Adley:

"As long as I have some space to work at arms length, say over here," he gestured towards the south end of the room, "you do not mind loud chanting and we don't run into one another, then I don't think there will be an issue.

"I do not need allot of space, the area around the table will do nicely Mr Roth Hicks."
Rosario said and nodded.
"So the area you indicated should be no problem, chanting also is no problem, I am not easily distracted."
She explained.

I have worked in very confined spaces before." He gave Rosario a smile. "But if you need music then I can go to the next chamber...I apologize in advance if you can still hear me though."

"I do not need music so I should be fine, as long as the movement do not disturb your working then it should be all good."
The young Cultist commented.

(OOC: Well now we have Colin and Orphan lecturing before a room of Adept and better Hermetics some of them might be a bit embarrassed about that.)

(OOC 2: I was making a joke about Paladins tasting best when opened with a can opener but paladin became Colin so apparently Colin tastes best when opened with a can opener, my spell checker have it in for him. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next