Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

4 posters

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next

Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 24 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:14 am

I understand that's one of the ttrocities we do because we might not know of any other way out and because we are affraid of losing who we love, but, here's the thing: we are axploring several ways out. First off, we have found the conection between Master Nasa's avatar and miss Florentine and we were thinking on helping them unite. Once that is done, miss Florentine can tell us how she cleansed herself and that can be tried. If not, there's this ritual the Fera have that does what we need to do (this is, converts the spirits to their original natural order) and even if this is not so, there's the evidence of Bae cleaning herself, ever so slowly. We need to try to help her and try if it can be done to others, wich means we need test subjects, people that want redemption, that are asking for help and that we can relate to: she makes a perfect fit.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 24 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:32 am

"But to seek nothingness that is just wrong!"
Leon exclaimed but Cara softly spoke up.
"Really for several paths of Buddhism, and yes there is more than one type of Buddhism and several New Age religions have that as a goal, the belief that one day when they have gone through enough lives and become enlightened, learned their lessons they will become a part of the untapped well of potential in the world and cease to exist...I myself believe that is the Asencion my own Avatar seeks, the only difference is that I think that once it reach that and cease to exist then a new, Dynamic soul will be reborn to repeat that cycle again, so it's own journey though it's lifetimes become a microcosmos of it's greater journey but yes it is not the Nephandi's search for Oblivion that bother me it is that they want like Mr Wainwright are saying, to drag everyone else along for the ride that is the issue and also what methods they use to reach it, someone just wanting Oblivion for themselves I see no problem with."
The Criamon said softly and Leon nodded but he still seamed rather skeptical.
Colin just gave Cara a nod.

Leon looked down and became very busy examining his own fingers for a while.
"How...do you face someone...that you are part of sending to such a fate?"
He asked softly, looking a bit pale and disturbed.
He frowned, "Without hesitation... Because you know that the one you are facing will not hesitate to destroy you to protect themselves. And because letting them go will lead to more danger and problems in the long run."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Other than Abigail, we capture the Nephandi in that Labyrinth alive only if we can do so with little trouble, we can not afford to drag prisoners with us through the corridors, but if opportunity should present itself off course live captures are preferable but our task is to clear out the foul place, we go in with the intent to kill everything that moves that is not us our our allies down to the last man...and the walls."
She said firmly.
He grimaced, "Ah, yes, the walls... Keep in mind, the walls have eyes and ears, and are part of the Labyrinth's surveillance, certainly. The walls also have genitalia and other... fleshy bits, but those are perhaps less likely to have observational properties..."

"Well the Hermiticed Kabbalah yes, the original Jewish mystery tradition are somewhat different however some of it's ideas was joined with Hermetic theory during the Renaissance...and yes that is what I was referencing yes."
Leon said and nodded. Nancy smiled.
"I like that section of the bookstores to...yes many bricks. I like books, they should have all you can read buffets at bookstores like they have buffets at restaurants, that would be good."
She said and she giggled happily again.
He gave Nancy a smile, "I suppose bookstores can't quite have an all you can read buffet like that, but libraries certainly do."

"I see hum...yes the spell itself will generate Resonance but the Resonance of the Tass itself seam not not enter the caster, most interesting, and I assume the effect can be kept running for as long as there is Quintessence to fuel it?"
Olamide said and nodded approvingly.
He nodded, "When we drained a Ball of Abysmal Flame in the Boston Umbral Port yesterday, the primal shard continuously refreshed itself so long as there was Quintessence to drain, allowing me to keep my firearm at the ready in case of a separate threat. That also allowed me to keep half an eye on the properties of the drained Quintessence; to see the changes in the Resonance of the accumulated amounts. Suffice to say, there was a lot of Quintessence in that thing..."

"So this is how you intend to use the vis from the Serafina's engines then Mr Wainwright?"
Leon asked.
He nodded, "Or for any other relevant applicable effect. Prime blades is the primary offensive application I have for it, but any one of you can probably apply it to most of your chosen forms of violence. Just... not for area effects or placing protections on us - it would probably affect us worse than taking in the Quintessence in our Avatars would."

"Excuse me but can you then use this rote to affect vis already in use, like for example draining the pattern woven for a spell?"
His soft spoken brother wanted to know."
He nodded, "Aside from the aforementioned Ball of Abysmal Flame, it served to drain a Tremere-made ward yesterday, when my team hit a residence belonging to the vampire Nicolai in order to rescue the daughter of a Chantrymate from becoming his child bride... However, I don't have the skill to actually open such a spell myself; the Ball of Abysmal Flame was carefully opened by Master Jeffry Morgan bani Flambeau, and the Tremere ward was triggered by a renegade Technocrat cyborg whom I was able to convince to help us save a child from the Nephandi. Er, long story; temporal cheating involved. Draining the Quintessence is the easy part, poking a hole in such a spell's pattern without triggering it is beyond my skill at present."

((OOC: Their embarrassment might well be softened by the fact that he's eagerly showing them how to cheat the system without actually asking compensation. There might be a lot of people feeling they owe him a debt for that later. Wink ))

((OOC2: Well, I suppose if there was a D&D game at Steelhaven Hall, Colin probably would play a Paladin, so...))

((OOC: Pathfinder night tonight. Was good. Party had a bit of trouble fighting squirrels. Granted, two squirrels were Awakened, and one was a 5th-level Rogue while the other was a 5th-level Dirge Bard with a 25-squirrel band to back it up. Hefty bonuses to those Performance checks, I tell ya. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:02 am

"I do not need allot of space, the area around the table will do nicely Mr Roth Hicks." Rosario said and nodded. "So the area you indicated should be no problem, chanting also is no problem, I am not easily distracted."
She explained.
"I do not need music so I should be fine, as long as the movement do not disturb your working then it should be all good."The young Cultist commented.

"Very good, then if you'll excuse me," he said and gave them both a nod before finding himself the southern end of the room.

He walked himself a circle, saying, "Hekas, hekas, estse bebeloi...!" Then he called the Archangels at their directions, much as he had when he done before when he had needed a spiritual shield. Though now he also drew the invoking hexagram for Mars to the south using his dagger as if it were a sword.

"Elohim Gibor! Oh mighty Power who governs Geburah, strong and terrible, I beseech you, bestow upon me the might to defeat the evil and wickedness we will encounter.  May the great archangel Kamael give me courage; yours is the flaming sword. Seal the gate from those corrupted ones who would seek to trespass against our Will. You, who safeguard the principle of existence, protect our light. By your planet Mars, protect my spirits as we act together to accomplish what is necessary. In the fiery sphere of Madim, may we be welded and tempered to unswerving strength and fidelity to our true purpose. May the seraphim scorch away any feebleness which would hinder us with their flames;  let nothing vile and desecrated cross our threshold to cause us harm! Ateh, Malkuth,ve-Geburah, ve-Gedulah, le-Olahm, Amen."

// Spirit Shield again, as ritual, with a bit more of a martial bent: 2, 5, 8;  3, 5, 3;  8, 0, 2
//Sounds like a fun time Warp, well maybe not for the heroes of your campaign xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:32 am

Colin:

He frowned, "Without hesitation... Because you know that the one you are facing will not hesitate to destroy you to protect themselves. And because letting them go will lead to more danger and problems in the long run."

Leon nodded but he still seamed doubtful.
"Well hopefully we will not be taking to many of the Nephandi alive."
He muttered.

He grimaced, "Ah, yes, the walls... Keep in mind, the walls have eyes and ears, and are part of the Labyrinth's surveillance, certainly. The walls also have genitalia and other... fleshy bits, but those are perhaps less likely to have observational properties..."

"Lovely place."
Jake muttered.
"Do we know if anyone might be keeping watch through the ehm...organs of the walls Mr Wainwright, a few Labyrinths I have heard of have had some Fallen connected to the living parts of them."
Udella asked. Crexia nodded.
"Yes the Labyrinth have a keeper of sorts honored Quesitor, according to our intel and if we find her, we take her down."

He gave Nancy a smile, "I suppose bookstores can't quite have an all you can read buffet like that, but libraries certainly do."

"They do...but they usually do not have as many fun books...and so many people there, so much noise."
Nancy replied and scratched her head.

He nodded, "When we drained a Ball of Abysmal Flame in the Boston Umbral Port yesterday, the primal shard continuously refreshed itself so long as there was Quintessence to drain, allowing me to keep my firearm at the ready in case of a separate threat. That also allowed me to keep half an eye on the properties of the drained Quintessence; to see the changes in the Resonance of the accumulated amounts. Suffice to say, there was a lot of Quintessence in that thing..."

"There would be allot of Quintessence in it that is how a modern Ball of Abysmal Flame works, it is a bomb that continues to draw ambient juice from the environment until it is ready to blow."
Leon declared and his more soft spoken brother nodded.
"That can be a useful way to disenchant a spell."
He commented.
"The question is then if the intended spell can still work while it is being drained, I suppose it can as long as there are enough vis in it to fuel it's patterns."

He nodded, "Or for any other relevant applicable effect. Prime blades is the primary offensive application I have for it, but any one of you can probably apply it to most of your chosen forms of violence. Just... not for area effects or placing protections on us - it would probably affect us worse than taking in the Quintessence in our Avatars would."

"Hum...perhaps some sort of Prime bolts can be made with it for if so that could be an effective though very vulgar weapon."
Leon muttered.
"Though I suppose none of us are going to escape the scourge of Paradox in this endeavor now are we?"

He nodded, "Aside from the aforementioned Ball of Abysmal Flame, it served to drain a Tremere-made ward yesterday, when my team hit a residence belonging to the vampire Nicolai in order to rescue the daughter of a Chantrymate from becoming his child bride... However, I don't have the skill to actually open such a spell myself; the Ball of Abysmal Flame was carefully opened by Master Jeffry Morgan bani Flambeau, and the Tremere ward was triggered by a renegade Technocrat cyborg whom I was able to convince to help us save a child from the Nephandi. Er, long story; temporal cheating involved. Draining the Quintessence is the easy part, poking a hole in such a spell's pattern without triggering it is beyond my skill at present."

"A vampire wanted to take a child bride that is horrible."
Udella exclaimed.
"Did your group get the child out safely Mr Wainwright?"
She asked. Leon chimed in.
"I know that Hit-Mark Deacon of all things over at Flamingo are here to help out but I think she was going with the main forces, otherwise we could have sent her into the wards."
He declared.
"We will manage to open the wards or so I hope that is not my biggest concern."
Crexia said thoughtfully.

Adley:

"Very good, then if you'll excuse me," he said and gave them both a nod before finding himself the southern end of the room.

The two Cultists gave you smiles.
"Off course Mr Roth Hicks."
Loretta said before she sat down to meditate, she just sat there quietly in her chair with her eyes closed for a while. Rosario moved some of the chairs out of the way and begun dancing, her movements where controlled and elegant, she reached her ecstatic states though body control and things that required deep concentration and you heard the rhythmic tapping of her feet on the floor.

He walked himself a circle, saying, "Hekas, hekas, estse bebeloi...!" Then he called the Archangels at their directions, much as he had when he done before when he had needed a spiritual shield. Though now he also drew the invoking hexagram for Mars to the south using his dagger as if it were a sword.

"Elohim Gibor! Oh mighty Power who governs Geburah, strong and terrible, I beseech you, bestow upon me the might to defeat the evil and wickedness we will encounter. May the great archangel Kamael give me courage; yours is the flaming sword. Seal the gate from those corrupted ones who would seek to trespass against our Will. You, who safeguard the principle of existence, protect our light. By your planet Mars, protect my spirits as we act together to accomplish what is necessary. In the fiery sphere of Madim, may we be welded and tempered to unswerving strength and fidelity to our true purpose. May the seraphim scorch away any feebleness which would hinder us with their flames; let nothing vile and desecrated cross our threshold to cause us harm! Ateh, Malkuth,ve-Geburah, ve-Gedulah, le-Olahm, Amen."

You could feel the Forces surround you as they responded to your words and your will, a angle with a flaming sword was a potent personal symbol and you could all but feel the flame, giving you a feeling of protection and strength, the ritual ebbed and flowed but from the time you start it until you finish you have that feeling of response, as if the air itself was a tight bowstring that vibrated in tune with your words and motions, that feeling that told you they where not just words and motions but tools, regalia that gave you the right to demand the protection you sought, creating armor around you and your soul, a perfect, pure armor of fire and light.

(OOC: Sounds like a fun game Warp and yes those Hermetics might feel they owe him and that will make them even more embarrassed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:48 am

Tane:

I understand that's one of the ttrocities we do because we might not know of any other way out and because we are affraid of losing who we love, but, here's the thing: we are axploring several ways out. First off, we have found the conection between Master Nasa's avatar and miss Florentine and we were thinking on helping them unite. Once that is done, miss Florentine can tell us how she cleansed herself and that can be tried.

Cita sigh and shook her head.
"Well for a long time there where no other way to deal with the Fallen and it is not like no one ever tried Mr Karyak, the problem is that now one ever found a way it could be done. Now I have proof Miss Florentine managed to cleanse herself since I have the before and after scans, however since that heavily implicate wrongdoing..."
She cast a nervous glance around to see if anyone where listening.
"Of two of the Primi presenting that evidence at this time will be quite dangerous and likely to be blocked. If we manage to help Miss Florentine she might be able to tell us yes, but that can take some time, remember Tane...the girl is traumatized, if the cause of...her despair if repaired then she will most likely get better with time and care but not instantaneously...it is not likely to be in time to give an option to anyone captured at this time...perhaps it can safe Jeffry...I mean Chief Morgan's new student but even that is unlikely a mind that damaged, it will need a long time to recover."
The spirit healer said softly.

If not, there's this ritual the Fera have that does what we need to do (this is, converts the spirits to their original natural order) and even if this is not so,

"Well in this case you would need the following, eye witness accounts of this ritual working, I assume the fera, and are also assuming you by that mean wear beings, a type of creature I know nothing about but in either case you have to talk a few of them into letting mages examine them spiritually to see how similar their natures are to ours to see if a ritual that works for one will work on the other, if you can gather this and the evidence show there is a strong likelihood of working then the Council might listen to that, but just claiming to them that well were creatures have this ritual is not enough there have to be presented some evidence that it will work as well."

there's the evidence of Bae cleaning herself, ever so slowly. We need to try to help her and try if it can be done to others, wich means we need test subjects, people that want redemption, that are asking for help and that we can relate to: she makes a perfect fit.

"Well Beatrice have some...special circumstances to her case and if there is a small part of her that is not corrupted then I have no idea how to transfer that to someone else so I would not be in need of test subjects at the moment. And observation have been made, but we have no hypothesis or theory as to it's function we are far away from entering any testing stage. If Beatrice was well I could examine her soul more closely but as it is any undue manipulation of her Avatar will just cause her and it pain and distress and the Council is not likely to wait to ehm...deal with a prisoner until Miss Alexander recovers enough for me to fully examine her Avatar and perhaps figure out how and why that uncorrupted part is there and then perhaps, and I do stress that word here Mr Karyak, perhaps, eventually come up with a theory as to how this could be applied to others, that will likely take years, decades at best..."
The Virtual Adept said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:17 am

Leon nodded but he still seamed doubtful.
"Well hopefully we will not be taking to many of the Nephandi alive."
He muttered.
Colin nodded, "That's the thing, though; a dead Nephandus today means a Widderslainte tomorrow..."

"Lovely place."
Jake muttered.
"Do we know if anyone might be keeping watch through the ehm...organs of the walls Mr Wainwright, a few Labyrinths I have heard of have had some Fallen connected to the living parts of them."
Udella asked. Crexia nodded.
"Yes the Labyrinth have a keeper of sorts honored Quesitor, according to our intel and if we find her, we take her down."
He nodded, "Indeed - and the Labyrinth keeper is likely going to want my hide for my involvement in her lover's death... one of the Fallen at the Mercere Chantry in Gary last night tried to... take me hostage in mid-battle. That tactic failed incredibly hard, and only served to get her killed at the hands of my angry Flambeau Cabalmate."

"They do...but they usually do not have as many fun books...and so many people there, so much noise."
Nancy replied and scratched her head.
He smiled, "That depends entirely on the library, I suppose... There are some quite nice private libraries around, after all."

"There would be allot of Quintessence in it that is how a modern Ball of Abysmal Flame works, it is a bomb that continues to draw ambient juice from the environment until it is ready to blow."
Leon declared and his more soft spoken brother nodded.
"That can be a useful way to disenchant a spell."
He commented.
"The question is then if the intended spell can still work while it is being drained, I suppose it can as long as there are enough vis in it to fuel it's patterns."
He nodded, "If Master Morgan had slipped at any point throughout the draining, it's safe to assume the Boston Umbral Port would no longer be around. Nor, in fact, your own Lady Arden, who was coincidentally there at the time... I would not take chances with a spell thus opened until it's run completely dry."

"Hum...perhaps some sort of Prime bolts can be made with it for if so that could be an effective though very vulgar weapon."
Leon muttered.
"Though I suppose none of us are going to escape the scourge of Paradox in this endeavor now are we?"
He shrugged, "Most likely not, no... though, we might be lucky in that the Reality within Labyrinth may be sufficiently... malleable. And at the very least, Sleepers shouldn't be a problem... Though, at the very least, my Rote shouldn't be vulgar in and of itself; I've been feeding the excess into prime blades or bolts, but that's just because that's the most immediately appliccable effect I could think of. I... hum... might be able to come up with some alternative uses for the power in the wards."

"A vampire wanted to take a child bride that is horrible."
Udella exclaimed.
"Did your group get the child out safely Mr Wainwright?"
She asked.
He nodded, "The child is safe. Not a scratch on her, and she's relocated to Boston, where her father lives. Nicolai... well, he's probably going to meet a bitter end sometime today, as punishment for continuing to interfere in Mage affairs and the... forced recruitment of our people."

Leon chimed in.
"I know that Hit-Mark Deacon of all things over at Flamingo are here to help out but I think she was going with the main forces, otherwise we could have sent her into the wards."
He declared.
"We will manage to open the wards or so I hope that is not my biggest concern."
Crexia said thoughtfully.
He smiled, "Good; while we take down the wards, I expect the main force will have more need of Deaconess Darnell's abilities as a... battering ram. I'd appreciate referencing her by her name, though, and not by what was done to her against her will... A small courtesy to ask, is it not?"

((OOC: Actually, I kinda feel more sorry for the two players who missed out on the session; they didn't get to battle with two angry squirrels named Pain and Doom. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 am

Colin nodded, "That's the thing, though; a dead Nephandus today means a Widderslainte tomorrow..."

Leon sigh and nodded.
"I guess you are right Mr Wainwright but a widderslainte might not get captured by us...though i guess they should be...damn Nephandi."
He muttered and looked down.

He nodded, "Indeed - and the Labyrinth keeper is likely going to want my hide for my involvement in her lover's death... one of the Fallen at the Mercere Chantry in Gary last night tried to... take me hostage in mid-battle. That tactic failed incredibly hard, and only served to get her killed at the hands of my angry Flambeau Cabalmate."

"Well Flambeau get fiery when they are angry."
Leon said and Jake smiled a little at that before he said.
"I see it is likely this keeper want revenge then if she knows that you killed her lover, that can work to our advantage if her anger make her careless, she might put herself in a position where we can get at her more easily."
The Quesitor said.

He smiled, "That depends entirely on the library, I suppose... There are some quite nice private libraries around, after all."

"Yes we have fun libraries here with many bricks...very fun..."
Nancy said and grinned as she played with her bangs.

He nodded, "If Master Morgan had slipped at any point throughout the draining, it's safe to assume the Boston Umbral Port would no longer be around. Nor, in fact, your own Lady Arden, who was coincidentally there at the time... I would not take chances with a spell thus opened until it's run completely dry."

"That would have been a great shame, I am glad no one was seriously harmed."
Leon said and nodded.
"Hum...that would make sense for a rote to be functional until it runs out of vis."
His brother agreed.

He shrugged, "Most likely not, no... though, we might be lucky in that the Reality within Labyrinth may be sufficiently... malleable. And at the very least, Sleepers shouldn't be a problem...

"True it probably have a different reality zone inside of it, just like this Chantry have, as you might have noticed reality not punishing you for your demonstration just now Mr Wainwright, it is hard to say what that reality zone will be though, then again chances are most of the Labyrinth is in the Umbra so Paradox might not be that much of an issue actually."
Jake said and nodded to himself.
"We can hope we are lucky at least."

Though, at the very least, my Rote shouldn't be vulgar in and of itself; I've been feeding the excess into prime blades or bolts, but that's just because that's the most immediately appliccable effect I could think of. I... hum... might be able to come up with some alternative uses for the power in the wards."

"Agreed the effect itself is not likely vulgar but making a Prime blade as you just created that definitively where and had not Morningstar like most large Chantries had it's own reality zone you would have felt that...as for a less vulgar way to burn of the Quintessence...hum...a never ending scan perhaps or setting up a ward that should be coincidental enough."
Crexia said.

He nodded, "The child is safe. Not a scratch on her, and she's relocated to Boston, where her father lives. Nicolai... well, he's probably going to meet a bitter end sometime today, as punishment for continuing to interfere in Mage affairs and the... forced recruitment of our people."

"That is a relief to hear Mr Wainwright that the child is safe."
Udella said kindly.
"As for this vampire you call Nicolai yes yes he continue to be a problem to us...and he have recruited some of our...well that can not stand, there are still a Wizard's March against House Tremere for a good reason, he will have to be dealt with."
She added with steel in her eyes.
"The ones recruited? Where they magi?"
She asked softly.

He smiled, "Good; while we take down the wards, I expect the main force will have more need of Deaconess Darnell's abilities as a... battering ram. I'd appreciate referencing her by her name, though, and not by what was done to her against her will... A small courtesy to ask, is it not?"

"Well yes I guess but...she is a...well ok Deaconess Darnell then...but do she not creep you out being well a Hit-Mark with Primium bullets and all, if she decided to snap your neck in two like a twig there would be nothing you could do about it."
Leon protested and Crexia gave him a stern look that he either did not see or did not want to see.

(OOC: Your gaming session reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXlfUKaqCp4 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:31 pm

Leon sigh and nodded.
"I guess you are right Mr Wainwright but a widderslainte might not get captured by us...though i guess they should be...damn Nephandi."
Colin nodded, "Damned if we do, damned if we don't..."

"Well Flambeau get fiery when they are angry."
Leon said and Jake smiled a little at that before he said.
"I see it is likely this keeper want revenge then if she knows that you killed her lover, that can work to our advantage if her anger make her careless, she might put herself in a position where we can get at her more easily."
The Quesitor said.
He nodded, "When I shot the Nephandus in the infirmary, I let slip to her partner that I was involved at the post office, and that the one called Warden tried her... favourite trick on me, and failed miserably. I made my escape with the people I was there to rescue, and he improperly healed the Fallen girl and fled the scene himself, presumably to report back to the Labyrinth. She'll have my general description and the knowledge I was involved, and that's probably enough to give me the undesirable status of Nephandi bait..."

"That would have been a great shame, I am glad no one was seriously harmed."
Leon said and nodded.
"Hum...that would make sense for a rote to be functional until it runs out of vis."
His brother agreed.
He shrugged, "Actually, a few individuals were seriously harmed in the incident, just not by the bloody bomb. But there were no fatalities, which is the important thing."

"True it probably have a different reality zone inside of it, just like this Chantry have, as you might have noticed reality not punishing you for your demonstration just now Mr Wainwright, it is hard to say what that reality zone will be though, then again chances are most of the Labyrinth is in the Umbra so Paradox might not be that much of an issue actually."
Jake said and nodded to himself.
"We can hope we are lucky at least."
He nodded, "Paradox or not, though, we have to press through."

"Agreed the effect itself is not likely vulgar but making a Prime blade as you just created that definitively where and had not Morningstar like most large Chantries had it's own reality zone you would have felt that...as for a less vulgar way to burn of the Quintessence...hum...a never ending scan perhaps or setting up a ward that should be coincidental enough."
Crexia said.
He nodded, "I might be able to confuse the walls by skewing their senses in time... Possibly. Or accelerate the decay of the doors, that should probably be vastly easier with the Quintessence from those wards... I'm a bit skeptical of setting up a ward with the stuff, though, since that could potentially bleed off on me or those around me."

"That is a relief to hear Mr Wainwright that the child is safe."
Udella said kindly.
"As for this vampire you call Nicolai yes yes he continue to be a problem to us...and he have recruited some of our...well that can not stand, there are still a Wizard's March against House Tremere for a good reason, he will have to be dealt with."
She added with steel in her eyes.
"The ones recruited? Where they magi?"
She asked softly.
He nodded slowly, "Linear, thank God for small blessings, but a Mage nonetheless... Mr. Valiant, caught on a mission gone awry. Had he been merely killed in battle, Nicolai might have gotten away with defending his home, but now... no."

"Well yes I guess but...she is a...well ok Deaconess Darnell then...but do she not creep you out being well a Hit-Mark with Primium bullets and all, if she decided to snap your neck in two like a twig there would be nothing you could do about it."
Leon protested and Crexia gave him a stern look that he either did not see or did not want to see.
He arched an eyebrow, voice surprisingly level, "Deaconess Darnell is a noble woman, holding together a household of victims of various circumstances as best she can with limited resources. The sort of ostracism she's been subjected to has fortunately not harmed her compassion and empathy, and I was able to appeal to that to recruit her aid. She certainly has the physical ability to tear any one of us apart if she wanted to, but what of it? She wouldn't do so unless we threatened members of her Chantry, and there's no reason why we would want to do that, is there? As for creeping me out... not really. Not after the face that's been meeting me in the mirror for a quarter century. In fact, I find her touch surprisingly soothing, in its way."

((OOC: More like this, really... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:17 pm

Colin nodded, "Damned if we do, damned if we don't..."

"True enough, it is a terrible bind to be in though I do not want anyone to have to go through...that but it seams we have no choice."
Leon said and shook his head sadly.

He nodded, "When I shot the Nephandus in the infirmary, I let slip to her partner that I was involved at the post office, and that the one called Warden tried her... favourite trick on me, and failed miserably. I made my escape with the people I was there to rescue, and he improperly healed the Fallen girl and fled the scene himself, presumably to report back to the Labyrinth. She'll have my general description and the knowledge I was involved, and that's probably enough to give me the undesirable status of Nephandi bait..."

"Do I dare to ask what that Nephandus lover's favorite trick was?"
Leon said and Crexia shook her head.
"It is better not to."
Leon listened to the rest of what you where saying and he was about to comment that your description was not that hard to follow but his brother kicked him in the shins before he got to many words out and he quickly shut up. Crexia gave her fellow Hermetic another stern look then she turned to you.
"Unfortunately us Mr Wainwright, chances are you are going to have to play the role of Nephandi bait when we go fishing for the Labyrinth keeper."
She said and gave you a concerned look.

He shrugged, "Actually, a few individuals were seriously harmed in the incident, just not by the bloody bomb. But there were no fatalities, which is the important thing."

Leon looked at you for a moment then he nodded.
"That is good at least."

He nodded, "Paradox or not, though, we have to press through."

"Yes that we have to."
Jake agreed and nodded.

He nodded, "I might be able to confuse the walls by skewing their senses in time... Possibly. Or accelerate the decay of the doors, that should probably be vastly easier with the Quintessence from those wards... I'm a bit skeptical of setting up a ward with the stuff, though, since that could potentially bleed off on me or those around me."

"True enough...if you can do something to blind the walls or hurt them so they will be less of a concern as we move through the Labyrinth that would be quite useful."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I more meant if you wanted to burn of Quintessence and not do something vulgar then setting it into a never ending sensory rote or setting up a area ward you are not going to use are two ways to do it."
The archmage said.

He nodded slowly, "Linear, thank God for small blessings, but a Mage nonetheless... Mr. Valiant, caught on a mission gone awry. Had he been merely killed in battle, Nicolai might have gotten away with defending his home, but now... no."

"I see, well yes thank heavens for small favors but it is still not a good situation, poor man will he be cared for here at Morningstar? I know it might be hard for him to go vampire society and find a place within it for himself."
Udella asked then she shook her head.
"No I agree if the vampire had just defended himself that would have been understandable but recruiting one of our own, that is not acceptable."
She declared firmly.
"I think I have met Mr Valiant, a kind man. I do not live in this Tribunal normally I have my residence on Horizon and are just visiting for now so I have not met all of Chicago's mages yet."
She explained.
"In either case I hope he can find some happiness in his new existence..."

He arched an eyebrow, voice surprisingly level, "Deaconess Darnell is a noble woman, holding together a household of victims of various circumstances as best she can with limited resources. The sort of ostracism she's been subjected to has fortunately not harmed her compassion and empathy, and I was able to appeal to that to recruit her aid. She certainly has the physical ability to tear any one of us apart if she wanted to, but what of it? She wouldn't do so unless we threatened members of her Chantry, and there's no reason why we would want to do that, is there?

"But most of the members of her Chantry have broken the law in one way or another, there are a reason why they are treated as they are..."
Leon protested and Crexia gave him a level look.
"Yes there is a reason alright Sodalis, cruelty, those of them who have been punished for something by the Traditions have all served their time and whatever other punishments meted out and as the Traditions can be rather cruel in its punishments most of them are traumatized...and not all of them have done anything wrong, they are discriminated against for one reason or another and all they have to care for them are Deaconess Darnell..."
She said and Leon looked down.
"Yes but....but they say one of them are a reincarnated Technocrat and one are a rebis and one was a Nephandic infernalist who just never Fell, you can not trust anyone like that."
He protested and tried not to see Crexia's scowl.

As for creeping me out... not really. Not after the face that's been meeting me in the mirror for a quarter century. In fact, I find her touch surprisingly soothing, in its way."

"Well it...ehm...your appearance is a little unusual and I can see that...ehm..."
Leon begun and his brother kicked him again and he shut up.
Udella looked at Leon for a moment.
"There is nothing wrong with being a rebis Sodalis, nor who you where in your former life that is not something we choose...we do however choose how we treat others we for some reason see as less than us though."
She grumbled.

(OOC: Hehehe)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added something.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:47 pm

"Do I dare to ask what that Nephandus lover's favorite trick was?"
Leon said and Crexia shook her head.
"It is better not to."
Leon listened to the rest of what you where saying and he was about to comment that your description was not that hard to follow but his brother kicked him in the shins before he got to many words out and he quickly shut up. Crexia gave her fellow Hermetic another stern look then she turned to you.
"Unfortunately us Mr Wainwright, chances are you are going to have to play the role of Nephandi bait when we go fishing for the Labyrinth keeper."
She said and gave you a concerned look.
Colin arched an eyebrow as Leon got his shin kicked, and gave James a simple acknowledging nod.
"Yes, I expect I'll have to try to assemble some reactive defenses for that, just in case... I should have preferred a few days to experiment with my newfound capabilities, but time is a strict mistress."

"True enough...if you can do something to blind the walls or hurt them so they will be less of a concern as we move through the Labyrinth that would be quite useful."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I more meant if you wanted to burn of Quintessence and not do something vulgar then setting it into a never ending sensory rote or setting up a area ward you are not going to use are two ways to do it."
The archmage said.
He nodded, "I could probably use it to power some pretty hefty probes into the Labyrinth to pinpoint specific magical signatures."

"I see, well yes thank heavens for small favors but it is still not a good situation, poor man will he be cared for here at Morningstar? I know it might be hard for him to go vampire society and find a place within it for himself."
Udella asked then she shook her head.
"No I agree if the vampire had just defended himself that would have been understandable but recruiting one of our own, that is not acceptable."
She declared firmly.
"I think I have met Mr Valiant, a kind man. I do not live in this Tribunal normally I have my residence on Horizon and are just visiting for now so I have not met all of Chicago's mages yet."
She explained.
"In either case I hope he can find some happiness in his new existence..."
He nodded, "I don't know what his fate will be... I believe Chief Joakim will discuss the matter with him tonight. He was denied choice in what was done to him, but he'll not be denied the choice in where to go from there."

"But most of the members of her Chantry have broken the law in one way or another, there are a reason why they are treated as they are..."
Leon protested and Crexia gave him a level look.
"Yes there is a reason alright Sodalis, cruelty, those of them who have been punished for something by the Traditions have all served their time and whatever other punishments meted out and as the Traditions can be rather cruel in its punishments most of them are traumatized...and not all of them have done anything wrong, they are discriminated against for one reason or another and all they have to care for them are Deaconess Darnell..."
She said and Leon looked down.
"Yes but....but they say one of them are a reincarnated Technocrat and one are a rebis and one was a Nephandic infernalist who just never Fell, you can not trust anyone like that."
He protested and tried not to see Crexia's scowl.
He narrowed his eyes slightly, "Mr. Tallweller, would you kindly explain to me precisely why a reincarnated Technocrat whose every living moment is filled with regret for what his previous incarnation did is untrustworthy? Or why a Rebis is? After all, how certain can you be that your previous incarnation was not a Technocrat, or a Rebis, or even an Infernalist?"

"Well it...ehm...your appearance is a little unusual and I can see that...ehm..."
Leon begun and his brother kicked him again and he shut up.
He arched an eyebrow at James, "Honestly, Mr. Tallweller, aren't you worried about repetitive strain injuries?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:28 pm

As felt the energy settle somewhat into its intended form, he opened his eyes to see Rosario dance. Not wishing to intrude, though he put his dagger away, walked the circle the opposite way and then sat back down. He wasn't sure how much time there was left but he didn't think too much, given what he knew of the rote, so he spent the time considering the plan and the pine cone, storing away things that came up to ask about.

// lol @ the squirrels from hell. Love it.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:39 pm

Colin:

Colin arched an eyebrow as Leon got his shin kicked, and gave James a simple acknowledging nod.

James just looked at you for a moment and nodded slightly.

"Yes, I expect I'll have to try to assemble some reactive defenses for that, just in case... I should have preferred a few days to experiment with my newfound capabilities, but time is a strict mistress."

"Yes indeed, I wish as well we had more time Mr Wainwright but unfortunately we do not, all we can do is our best with what we got."
Crexia said and Leon chimed in.
"You say this Labyrinth are alive, that it got body parts any the only who are after you with a grudge Mr Wainwright are it's keeper, I hate to bring it up but what are the chances the Labyrinth itself will try to attack you then? For that would be a problem."

He nodded, "I could probably use it to power some pretty hefty probes into the Labyrinth to pinpoint specific magical signatures."

"That might prove useful when we are down there indeed, we are going to have to see what the situation is once we arrive."
Crexia said and nodded in agreement.

He nodded, "I don't know what his fate will be... I believe Chief Joakim will discuss the matter with him tonight. He was denied choice in what was done to him, but he'll not be denied the choice in where to go from there."

Udella nodded gravely.
"Good, he should be given that choice, poor man."
She said and sigh.
"We can try to make his existence a comfortable one but other that I am afraid it is not much we can do for him..."

He narrowed his eyes slightly, "Mr. Tallweller, would you kindly explain to me precisely why a reincarnated Technocrat whose every living moment is filled with regret for what his previous incarnation did is untrustworthy?

"Well I mean he remember being that Technocrat and how do we know loyalties did not follow his memories to his new life?"
Leon asked and his brother raised an eyebrow.
"If he was loyal to the Union would he not be with the Technocracy and not an outcast among the Traditions brother dearest?"
"Well yes but he could be a spy?"
"Oh what Leon a Chantry of Outcasts? That do not make sense..."

Or why a Rebis is?

"Well Heylel Thoabath was a rebis."
Leon protested and Udella leaned a bit forward in her seat and regarded the younger Hermetic she grumbled a a little in Latin before she addressed the man.
"The last person I defended, about two months ago was from your House accused and sentenced of murder, do that mean every member of your House should be held responsible? Master Teomim was...misguided, I will not defend their actions but what they did had nothing to do with their being a joined being."
She said sternly and Leon did not dare protest against the older maga's words.

After all, how certain can you be that your previous incarnation was not a Technocrat, or a Rebis, or even an Infernalist?"

"I guess I can not, I have very limited memories of my former lives, but I...am sure that is not the case I mean I am normal..."
Leon protested.

He arched an eyebrow at James, "Honestly, Mr. Tallweller, aren't you worried about repetitive strain injuries?"

"I am sure if he would take any damage from it he already would have Mr Wainwright my brother have a...habit of speaking when he should not."
James said apologetically and looked at you shyly.
"At times he need a little reminder to be polite."
He added and Leon grumbled but he did not protest.

Adley:

As felt the energy settle somewhat into its intended form, he opened his eyes to see Rosario dance. Not wishing to intrude, though he put his dagger away, walked the circle the opposite way and then sat back down. He wasn't sure how much time there was left but he didn't think too much, given what he knew of the rote, so he spent the time considering the plan and the pine cone, storing away things that came up to ask about.

Loretta was lifting the rounds on the table in her hands one after another and she gave each a slight kiss as her apprentice danced, on Rosario's face was a look of complete focus as if she no longer saw the room around her, she was just present in her dance and nothing else.

As you started contemplating the pine cone again you feel a small hand in yours, looking down you see a young girl stand there, she could be eleven or twelve but was small for her age and could easily be mistaken for younger. The child smiled to you.
"I am going to find the one to plant, and it will become a mighty pine tree, my Mentor said so."
The girl said and she grinned to you, she had dark brown eyes and shoulder length brown hair in pigtails...then you heard Loretta gently open the door trying not to disturb you, apparently some moments had passed, who knew how many but the Cultists where done with their work and where trying to get back to the others without disturbing your own working, and looking down the little, dark haired girl was gone.

(OOC: One of my grand aunts used to always feed squirrels and they where masters at figuring out ways to steal food.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:19 pm

"Yes indeed, I wish as well we had more time Mr Wainwright but unfortunately we do not, all we can do is our best with what we got."
Crexia said and Leon chimed in.
"You say this Labyrinth are alive, that it got body parts any the only who are after you with a grudge Mr Wainwright are it's keeper, I hate to bring it up but what are the chances the Labyrinth itself will try to attack you then? For that would be a problem."
Colin grimaced, "Well, I've seen the inside of a Nephandi Battlecruiser, some twenty years in the future - again, long story - and I doubt the Labyrinth is any more... internally mobile than that. As far as the Labyrinth itself attacking me, I might worry about it relieving itself in my general direction, assuming it has the necessary internal organs to produce... excess liquid. A far likelier risk is the Keeper using the Labyrinth's senses to locate me and apply her own vengeance from a distance."

Udella nodded gravely.
"Good, he should be given that choice, poor man."
She said and sigh.
"We can try to make his existence a comfortable one but other that I am afraid it is not much we can do for him..."
He nodded, "Miss Jarden might be able to help him ease into his new, er, life, if he so chooses; that's probably the best option available here at the moment."

"Well I mean he remember being that Technocrat and how do we know loyalties did not follow his memories to his new life?"
Leon asked and his brother raised an eyebrow.
"If he was loyal to the Union would he not be with the Technocracy and not an outcast among the Traditions brother dearest?"
"Well yes but he could be a spy?"
"Oh what Leon a Chantry of Outcasts? That do not make sense..."
He shook his head, "I've spoken with the man. I'm quite convinced his grief and remorse is genuine... I've seen the look in his eyes once before, on my commanding officer when we learned that a building I had just returned from bombing was in fact a civilian shelter... He knows what he did to people in his previous life, and if he could get a chance to make amends..."

"Well Heylel Thoabath was a rebis."
Leon protested and Udella leaned a bit forward in her seat and regarded the younger Hermetic she grumbled a a little in Latin before she addressed the man.
"The last person I defended, about two months ago was from your House accused and sentenced of murder, do that mean every member of your House should be held responsible? Master Teomim was...misguided, I will not defend their actions but what they did had nothing to do with their being a joined being."
She said sternly and Leon did not dare protest against the older maga's words.
He gave Udella a brief, grateful smile, "I've read The Fragile Path... Teomim knew what they did, and they did it for a very good reason, and they accepted every single consequence to themselves for it. I've come across a few other accounts of their person, and it appears Julius de Medici was always a bit more confident of his decisions than he perhaps should have been... and not quite as meticulous about planning contingencies and predicting long-term consequences as he should. Heylel Teomim was a... flawed person, in their ways, however brilliant, and it falls on us to not repeat the mistakes of the past, or to use them to our detriment. Would you not agree, Master Adimari?"
He sighed, "Also, I've met a few Rebises recently. Oddly, despite the abuses they'd suffered, they still seemed more comfortable in their skin than many other people I've met..."

"I guess I can not, I have very limited memories of my former lives, but I...am sure that is not the case I mean I am normal..."
Leon protested.
He arched an eyebrow, "You have the power to turn reality inside out and upside down just with the power of your very soul. You have a very interesting definition of 'normal', I think."

"I am sure if he would take any damage from it he already would have Mr Wainwright my brother have a...habit of speaking when he should not."
James said apologetically and looked at you shyly.
"At times he need a little reminder to be polite."
He added and Leon grumbled but he did not protest.
He gave James a grin, "I was more concerned for your kicking leg. That has got to be tiring for your knee."
He looked back at Leon, "And you're right, my face is rather distinct. This is the sort of thing that happens if you're very, very lucky when you take modern military rocketry to the face with only a plexiglass screen and a helmet to protect you..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Colin grimaced, "Well, I've seen the inside of a Nephandi Battlecruiser, some twenty years in the future - again, long story - and I doubt the Labyrinth is any more... internally mobile than that. As far as the Labyrinth itself attacking me, I might worry about it relieving itself in my general direction, assuming it has the necessary internal organs to produce... excess liquid. A far likelier risk is the Keeper using the Labyrinth's senses to locate me and apply her own vengeance from a distance."

"You have been to a Nephandi Battle Cruiser, twenty years into the future? But how is that possible Mr Wainwright?"
Leon protested.
"I think it is as you say more likely that the Nephandi woman who have it in for you will use the senses of the Labyrinth to find you rather than the wall attacking but stay on your guard Mr Wainwright, just to be safe."
Crexia said and Nancy giggles.
"There might be tentacles and that might be bad."
She declared and Crexia raised and eyebrow.

He nodded, "Miss Jarden might be able to help him ease into his new, er, life, if he so chooses; that's probably the best option available here at the moment."

"Forgive me Mr Wainwright but I am not sure I know who Miss Jarden is, like I said I am just visiting Chicago when I heard you could use a hand."
Udella said then she nodded.
"But if you think this Miss Jarden can help the poor man I hope you are right."

He shook his head, "I've spoken with the man. I'm quite convinced his grief and remorse is genuine... I've seen the look in his eyes once before, on my commanding officer when we learned that a building I had just returned from bombing was in fact a civilian shelter... He knows what he did to people in his previous life, and if he could get a chance to make amends..."

"That sounds...terrible..."
James said softly and Leon looked down.
"I guess, but it is hard to trust someone who remember...remember being a Technocrat who hurt our own people."
He protested.

He gave Udella a brief, grateful smile, "I've read The Fragile Path... Teomim knew what they did, and they did it for a very good reason, and they accepted every single consequence to themselves for it.

The old Quesitor got a sad look in her eyes for a moment and she gave you another odd glance for a moment.
"Yes Master Teomim did the wrong thing for the right reasons, and they accepted the consequences, they had to be nagged into even trying for appeals after their first sentencing, not that it...did anything...well there was a certainly nobility in their willingness to pay for their crimes."
She said softly and the others looked at her for a moment but said nothing.

I've come across a few other accounts of their person, and it appears Julius de Medici was always a bit more confident of his decisions than he perhaps should have been... and not quite as meticulous about planning contingencies and predicting long-term consequences as he should. Heylel Teomim was a... flawed person, in their ways, however brilliant, and it falls on us to not repeat the mistakes of the past, or to use them to our detriment. Would you not agree, Master Adimari?"

"Master De Medici wrote a few books, and Master Teomim wrote a few as well, they are well accepted among the Solificati but not much known beyond that House, they where flawed, and they made the wrong choices but...yes you are right Mr Wainwright we should learn from the mistakes of the past and not let the actions of one person change how we treat an entire group.

He sighed, "Also, I've met a few Rebises recently. Oddly, despite the abuses they'd suffered, they still seemed more comfortable in their skin than many other people I've met..."

Leon looked up and shook his head.
"But Mr Wainwright they are dangerous and you do not know if they are one person or two and they are just..."
The young Hermetic stopped talking as his brother tapped his foot against the floor.

He arched an eyebrow, "You have the power to turn reality inside out and upside down just with the power of your very soul. You have a very interesting definition of 'normal', I think."

"Well yes I guess you are right about that Mr Wainwright but being a mage is normal to me."
Leon declared.

He gave James a grin, "I was more concerned for your kicking leg. That has got to be tiring for your knee."

James gave a shy grin.
"I have grown up with this guy I am used to it. Please do not be insulted though, my brother is not a bad guy Mr Wainwrgiht he is just...less polite than he should be at times."
The Hermetic muttered and his brother scowled at him.

He looked back at Leon, "And you're right, my face is rather distinct. This is the sort of thing that happens if you're very, very lucky when you take modern military rocketry to the face with only a plexiglass screen and a helmet to protect you..."

"Damn...that must have hurt bad Mr Wainwright."
Leon said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Ehm...sorry for giving you a hard time about it ehm...yeah...ehm..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:27 pm

"You have been to a Nephandi Battle Cruiser, twenty years into the future? But how is that possible Mr Wainwright?"
Leon protested.
"I think it is as you say more likely that the Nephandi woman who have it in for you will use the senses of the Labyrinth to find you rather than the wall attacking but stay on your guard Mr Wainwright, just to be safe."
Crexia said and Nancy giggles.
"There might be tentacles and that might be bad."
She declared and Crexia raised and eyebrow.
Colin smiled wryly, "A prophecy... a memory of things to come... Perhaps a little of both? It was in a Seeking, not many days ago, and numerous details of it have since been confirmed... Including details of the polyps from a quite dim-witted and rather frightened Nephandus we have the distinct displeasure of hosting in Boston right now."
He sighed and looked over at Nancy, "Well, I suppose not all the assorted... bits would look as though they were of human origin, no..."

"Forgive me Mr Wainwright but I am not sure I know who Miss Jarden is, like I said I am just visiting Chicago when I heard you could use a hand."
Udella said then she nodded.
"But if you think this Miss Jarden can help the poor man I hope you are right."
He nodded, "Ah, of course - she is a vampire who is sheltered here to protect her from her own kind. Quite the gentle soul, actually."

"That sounds...terrible..."
James said softly and Leon looked down.
"I guess, but it is hard to trust someone who remember...remember being a Technocrat who hurt our own people."
He protested.
He arched a neyebrow at Leon, "Yes... I suppose it would be hard to trust someone who remembers the horrors they inflicted upon others, however genuine their remorse... So easy to hate and fear someone for things they have no control over... I believe Mary Shelley wrote a book about someone like that. Quite famous, too; about a made man who is ostracized and ultimately denied his last chance at companionship, only because of his origins and appearance..."

The old Quesitor got a sad look in her eyes for a moment and she gave you another odd glance for a moment.
"Yes Master Teomim did the wrong thing for the right reasons, and they accepted the consequences, they had to be nagged into even trying for appeals after their first sentencing, not that it...did anything...well there was a certainly nobility in their willingness to pay for their crimes."
She said softly and the others looked at her for a moment but said nothing.
He looked thoughtfully at Udella for a moment.

"Master De Medici wrote a few books, and Master Teomim wrote a few as well, they are well accepted among the Solificati but not much known beyond that House, they where flawed, and they made the wrong choices but...yes you are right Mr Wainwright we should learn from the mistakes of the past and not let the actions of one person change how we treat an entire group.
He scritched the side of his nose, "In any case, I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who once uttered something to the effect that we must all hang together, or we'll surely be hanged separately... That goes for everyone of us who has found membership in the Traditons."

Leon looked up and shook his head.
"But Mr Wainwright they are dangerous and you do not know if they are one person or two and they are just..."
The young Hermetic stopped talking as his brother tapped his foot against the floor.
His eyes narrowed briefly, "We are all dangerous, Mr. Tallweller. Otherwise, we would not be in this room preparing to attack a Labyrinth. Whether we have an internal monologue or dialogue to work out the pros and cons of a course of action hardly seems relevant in that respect."

"Well yes I guess you are right about that Mr Wainwright but being a mage is normal to me."
Leon declared.
"And being a Mage trapped in a Primium body has become normal for Deaconess Darnell... remembering a different life as a Technocrat experimenting on Traditionalists is normal for one of her Chantrymates... Being a hermaphrodite with a merged personality and Avatar is normal for a Rebis... And for me, remembering conversations from months and years into the future concerning things that are about to happen to me is rapidly becoming the new normal. Normality is surprisingly subjective, all things considered, even within the Consensus, in fact."

James gave a shy grin.
"I have grown up with this guy I am used to it. Please do not be insulted though, my brother is not a bad guy Mr Wainwrgiht he is just...less polite than he should be at times."
The Hermetic muttered and his brother scowled at him.
He smiled, "He certainly is rather blunt... That's not necessarily bad, though perhaps being a bit more conscious of word choice and phrasing would be a useful exercise to avoid stepping on the delicate sensibilities of his seniors. There is, after all, little risk for him in irritating an Orphan, barely even of Initiate rank; accidentally offending an Archmage, on the other hand..."
He glanced meaningfully toward Udella and Crexia, and shrugged lightly.

"Damn...that must have hurt bad Mr Wainwright."
Leon said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Ehm...sorry for giving you a hard time about it ehm...yeah...ehm..."
He gave Leon a disarming smile, "Quite alright; it was a long time ago, but yes, it was quite painful, and a really rude Awakening... Just remember that not everyone has walked a path as easy as your own. You never know when your own world will explode in your face, and you'll end up needing a bit of sympathy and support..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "A prophecy... a memory of things to come... Perhaps a little of both? It was in a Seeking, not many days ago, and numerous details of it have since been confirmed... Including details of the polyps from a quite dim-witted and rather frightened Nephandus we have the distinct displeasure of hosting in Boston right now."

"Well congratulations on your Seeking Mr Wainwright though it sounds very confusing, I guess the data gathered if accurate are rather useful. As for that Nephandi prisoner of yours, well it makes sense he would be frightened I would piss myself in his place."
Leon said and grumbled.

He sighed and looked over at Nancy, "Well, I suppose not all the assorted... bits would look as though they were of human origin, no..."

Nancy grinned.
"Bits and pieces...a puzzle to be solved."
She said and grinned.

He nodded, "Ah, of course - she is a vampire who is sheltered here to protect her from her own kind. Quite the gentle soul, actually."

"I see you are right in that case Miss Jarden will probably be the poor man's best bet indeed."
Udella commented.
"I always forget that Morningstar have a vampire living here, that is a bit creepy."
Leon muttered.

He arched a neyebrow at Leon, "Yes... I suppose it would be hard to trust someone who remembers the horrors they inflicted upon others, however genuine their remorse... So easy to hate and fear someone for things they have no control over... I believe Mary Shelley wrote a book about someone like that. Quite famous, too; about a made man who is ostracized and ultimately denied his last chance at companionship, only because of his origins and appearance..."

Leon looked down, he looked a little shameful.
"I ehm...guess you are right about that Mr Wainwright...ok...I guess I will try not to judge the guy but it is hard not to think about what his earlier life was you know."
He muttered.

He scritched the side of his nose, "In any case, I believe it was Benjamin Franklin who once uttered something to the effect that we must all hang together, or we'll surely be hanged separately... That goes for everyone of us who has found membership in the Traditons."

Jake nodded at that.
"Very true Mr Wainwright, very true. Leon did not protest this time.

His eyes narrowed briefly, "We are all dangerous, Mr. Tallweller. Otherwise, we would not be in this room preparing to attack a Labyrinth. Whether we have an internal monologue or dialogue to work out the pros and cons of a course of action hardly seems relevant in that respect."

"Well I guess you do have a point in that...but I mean more dangerous than your average mage...I mean they have two Avatars or some such shit..."
Leon said and his brother shook his head.
"No they do not, their souls merge as well."
"But with Teomim..."
"Yeah well they where not a true rebis they where a created one, a true rebis merge everything."
"Oh..."

"And being a Mage trapped in a Primium body has become normal for Deaconess Darnell... remembering a different life as a Technocrat experimenting on Traditionalists is normal for one of her Chantrymates... Being a hermaphrodite with a merged personality and Avatar is normal for a Rebis... And for me, remembering conversations from months and years into the future concerning things that are about to happen to me is rapidly becoming the new normal. Normality is surprisingly subjective, all things considered, even within the Consensus, in fact."

"Well...yes but..."
Leon begun to protest. Nancy grinned though.
"Normal is just a way to say like me...not many are like me though...the numbers do not match, not any of them, not even when they sing."
She declared and Leon glanced over at the mad Hollower and seamed to be at a loss for what to say.

He smiled, "He certainly is rather blunt... That's not necessarily bad, though perhaps being a bit more conscious of word choice and phrasing would be a useful exercise to avoid stepping on the delicate sensibilities of his seniors. There is, after all, little risk for him in irritating an Orphan, barely even of Initiate rank; accidentally offending an Archmage, on the other hand..."
He glanced meaningfully toward Udella and Crexia, and shrugged lightly.

"Yes I am concerned that one day he might, say the wrong thing to the wrong mage and end up in trouble."
James said and looked at his brother who pouted.
"I am right here you know."
He protested and James nodded.
"Oh I know brother, but you have been rude and inconsiderate in this discussion, now try to not come of as a jerk."
He said sternly and Leon sigh he seamed used to his brother's chastisement.

He gave Leon a disarming smile, "Quite alright; it was a long time ago, but yes, it was quite painful, and a really rude Awakening... Just remember that not everyone has walked a path as easy as your own. You never know when your own world will explode in your face, and you'll end up needing a bit of sympathy and support..."

"You Awakened that way Mr Wainwright that is quite rough."
Leon exclaimed then he sigh and nodded.
"Very well I will remember that and I will try."
He muttered a bit uneasily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:56 pm

"Well congratulations on your Seeking Mr Wainwright though it sounds very confusing, I guess the data gathered if accurate are rather useful. As for that Nephandi prisoner of yours, well it makes sense he would be frightened I would piss myself in his place."
Leon said and grumbled.
Colin snorted, "Diego's not the type of person to piss himself out of fear, but he'd happily do it out of spite. It takes a certain kind of ass to get oneself kicked out of a Labyrinth for being an insufferable twit... but he accomplished it. In fact, I'm fairly certain Lisa Larson enjoyed a moment of smug delight when he failed to return from an apparently simple snatch and grab errand..."

"I see you are right in that case Miss Jarden will probably be the poor man's best bet indeed."
Udella commented.
"I always forget that Morningstar have a vampire living here, that is a bit creepy."
Leon muttered.
He smiled thinly, "Oh, she's quite the well-mannered young lady. Just don't play with fire around her; it'd be impolite. And potentially unhealthy."

Leon looked down, he looked a little shameful.
"I ehm...guess you are right about that Mr Wainwright...ok...I guess I will try not to judge the guy but it is hard not to think about what his earlier life was you know."
He muttered.
He nodded, "Hard indeed... He says his Avatar won't or can't let him forget, because of what he did. The contempt of others doesn't help..."

"Well I guess you do have a point in that...but I mean more dangerous than your average mage...I mean they have two Avatars or some such shit..."
Leon said and his brother shook his head.
"No they do not, their souls merge as well."
"But with Teomim..."
"Yeah well they where not a true rebis they where a created one, a true rebis merge everything."
"Oh..."
He sighed and fixed Leon with a look, "Mr. Tallweller... tell me, have you ever picked out a book to read because you wanted to read, or has it all been assigned reading on magical theory and standard spells and rituals?"

"Well...yes but..."
Leon begun to protest. Nancy grinned though.
"Normal is just a way to say like me...not many are like me though...the numbers do not match, not any of them, not even when they sing."
She declared and Leon glanced over at the mad Hollower and seamed to be at a loss for what to say.
He chuckled, "See? She gets it."

"Yes I am concerned that one day he might, say the wrong thing to the wrong mage and end up in trouble."
James said and looked at his brother who pouted.
"I am right here you know."
He protested and James nodded.
"Oh I know brother, but you have been rude and inconsiderate in this discussion, now try to not come of as a jerk."
He said sternly and Leon sigh he seamed used to his brother's chastisement.
He smiled thinly, "So out of curiosity, how many years between you? Two? Three?"

"You Awakened that way Mr Wainwright that is quite rough."
Leon exclaimed then he sigh and nodded.
"Very well I will remember that and I will try."
He muttered a bit uneasily.
He nodded, "Rough, and it almost scared the life out of my co-pilot and passengers. But, getting the helicopter down on the ground in one piece, and my other fellows unscratched earned me a couple of medals and a quite impressive military pension, so I suppose things could have gone far worse. I still recommend doing what you can to keep your face in one place, rather than flopsying about by your shoulders..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:16 pm

I understand that all is complicated, but if we appeal to the heads of the traditions then they can do nothing against us, not if the most powerful mages help us with a minimal deal of discretion and let us do this process. It can take time, but if we help this girl to don't get worse, then... well, at least she could wait.

I any case, someone that is in this state because of her will to help and protect should not find her more intimate parts threatened without comprehension or even the will to help her.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:27 pm

Colin:

Colin snorted, "Diego's not the type of person to piss himself out of fear, but he'd happily do it out of spite. It takes a certain kind of ass to get oneself kicked out of a Labyrinth for being an insufferable twit... but he accomplished it. In fact, I'm fairly certain Lisa Larson enjoyed a moment of smug delight when he failed to return from an apparently simple snatch and grab errand..."

"Getting oneself tossed out of a Labyrinth for being a twit...that really takes some doing, and now you and your Chantry have to deal with him, he sounds like quite a...ehm handful."
Leon said and raised an eyebrow.
"Sounds like he is the kind of man it harms the Nephandi more to have as a member then to just let get captured."

He smiled thinly, "Oh, she's quite the well-mannered young lady. Just don't play with fire around her; it'd be impolite. And potentially unhealthy."

"Fire...why is fire a thing to avoid?"
Leon asked.
"I have never met a Massassa but I hear they are dead, as in no heartbeat or anything that...is scary."
He complained.

He nodded, "Hard indeed... He says his Avatar won't or can't let him forget, because of what he did. The contempt of others doesn't help..."

"That must be...rather hard..."
"It can not be easy being that man I...guess I will try to not give him a hard time."
He agreed softly.

He sighed and fixed Leon with a look, "Mr. Tallweller... tell me, have you ever picked out a book to read because you wanted to read, or has it all been assigned reading on magical theory and standard spells and rituals?"

Leon glance at you looking a bit confused.
"Ehm I...well most of it have been on spells and magical theory and history, politics...I used to like historical romance...do not laugh a man can like those to..."
He muttered defensibly.
"My Mentor was not to happy about those when he found out though...why are you asking Mr Wainwright?"

He chuckled, "See? She gets it."

Nancy gave you a big grin an looked a little like a cat that expected to get a treat for doing good.

He smiled thinly, "So out of curiosity, how many years between you? Two? Three?"

James smiled a little.
"Two and a half but we Awakened on the same day."
He told you and gave his brother a fond look.

He nodded, "Rough, and it almost scared the life out of my co-pilot and passengers. But, getting the helicopter down on the ground in one piece, and my other fellows unscratched earned me a couple of medals and a quite impressive military pension, so I suppose things could have gone far worse.

"That sounds rather terrifying yes, but if you and your passengers got down on the ground alive at least that is good."
Leon said and nodded as he listened to your tale.

I still recommend doing what you can to keep your face in one place, rather than flopsying about by your shoulders..."

Leon's eyes widened.
"Your face? As in eyes, and nose and musculature and all, that sound very...ehm...bad."
He muttered looking very shocked and some of the others looked a bit queasy.
"All the pieces fell out of the puzzle box...now she have to put them back together again."
Nancy declared.

Tane:

I understand that all is complicated, but if we appeal to the heads of the traditions then they can do nothing against us, not if the most powerful mages help us with a minimal deal of discretion and let us do this process. It can take time, but if we help this girl to don't get worse, then... well, at least she could wait.

Cita sigh and shook her head.
"The heads of the Traditions are the ones who will be sentencing her Tane, sure you can appeal before them but I can tell you now that appeal will be thrown out. You do not have a process yet just a few leads and hope and that will not be enough, the Council of Nine will not listen, the only way you could possibly get them to consider trying an alternative is if you can present credible research, for example if you manage to get witnesses among the werecreatures about how this ritual of them work and that it works, and then have them examined by mages to determine if the same spiritual cures could work on one of us, it have to be detailed and you have to present a pretty good case then perhaps there is a chance, no certainty min you but perhaps a chance, other than that the only thing you can do for this girl is to try to keep her comfortable until her trial and...what comes after."
She muttered sadly.

I any case, someone that is in this state because of her will to help and protect should not find her more intimate parts threatened without comprehension or even the will to help her.

"Perhaps not, but our laws are rather sticks and for now they are our laws and there is little that can be done about that, and if this woman is Fallen and she was with the Nephandi then she is a danger and killing her will only result in a widderslainte. This is the horror of the Nephandi Mr Karyak, they force us to do something tragic to prevent an even grater tragedy later."

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:12 pm

"Getting oneself tossed out of a Labyrinth for being a twit...that really takes some doing, and now you and your Chantry have to deal with him, he sounds like quite a...ehm handful."
Leon said and raised an eyebrow.
"Sounds like he is the kind of man it harms the Nephandi more to have as a member then to just let get captured."
Colin grinned, "Indeed; we did briefly consider the possibility of sending him home gift-wrapped, with a card saying he's more useful to us helping Abigail than he is tied up in a cell. He stays incapacitated, though..."

"Fire...why is fire a thing to avoid?"
Leon asked.
"I have never met a Massassa but I hear they are dead, as in no heartbeat or anything that...is scary."
He complained.
He frowned and rubbed gingerly at the back of his head, "Well, I didn't see what happened when I accidentally, ah, put on a display... but her response moved me. Several meters, without warning, and straight into the wall... It would seem to be a good way to scare them off in a fight, but most inconvenient outside of battle."

"That must be...rather hard..."
"It can not be easy being that man I...guess I will try to not give him a hard time."
He agreed softly.
He nodded, "I appreciate that."

Leon glance at you looking a bit confused.
"Ehm I...well most of it have been on spells and magical theory and history, politics...I used to like historical romance...do not laugh a man can like those to..."
He muttered defensibly.
"My Mentor was not to happy about those when he found out though...why are you asking Mr Wainwright?"
He grinned, "Nothing wrong with favouring a genre, as such - Hell, you should see the selection on my bookshelves; The Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter have places of honour there. Though it just seemed to me for a moment that your familiarity with historical figures was of the more, hm, sterile sort, as found in carefully neutral textbooks. I should recommend you find some autobiographies and the like; it's surprising how much insight you can gain from a personal account of events."

Leon's eyes widened.
"Your face? As in eyes, and nose and musculature and all, that sound very...ehm...bad."
He muttered looking very shocked and some of the others looked a bit queasy.
He nodded, "Well, thank God the eyes stayed in place... the helmet's visor protected those, at least... but pretty much everything else was... detached, yes. It was a good time to be unconscious and anesthetized, though. And... the fact that my face has mobility at all is a testament to the field surgeon's skill."

"All the pieces fell out of the puzzle box...now she have to put them back together again."
Nancy declared.
His eyes flickered over to Nancy, "Quite, but some puzzles shouldn't be shared until all the... oh... ohhhh..."
He reached into his pocket and fished out the little Criamon girl's drawing and looked closely at it, staring closer at the patterns on the scarrred woman's face, "Did I mistake the identities earlier?"

((OOC: Anja, I think you goofed in the last sentence, there. I doubt Cita would address Colin while conversing with Tane. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:38 am

As you started contemplating the pine cone again you feel a small hand in yours, looking down you see a young girl stand there, she could be eleven or twelve but was small for her age and could easily be mistaken for younger. The child smiled to you. "I am going to find the one to plant, and it will become a mighty pine tree, my Mentor said so." The girl said and she grinned to you, she had dark brown eyes and shoulder length brown hair in pigtails...then you heard Loretta gently open the door trying not to disturb you, apparently some moments had passed, who knew how many but the Cultists where done with their work and where trying to get back to the others without disturbing your own working, and looking down the little, dark haired girl was gone.

He looked at her, trying to place who it was - she reminded him of Beatrice, with dark eyes and small stature. ''How will we know whom you choose? Who is your mentor..." There were so many questions that he felt bubble up as he looked at the girl, he could feel her hand in his..."Who are you? What is your name?'

Then there was the click of the door and his eyes snapped open. It was the way of it, that they had been trying to be quiet; it made him more alert. He glanced around as if expecting the girl to be there in front of him but of course she was not. "Has my cabalmate not yet returned?" he asked them. He stood up and then went towards them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:26 am

SO how do you think i should proceed, given i won't yield? Asked Tane, understanding her point and feeling beaten for doing what he thought right and maybe condemning a a good person to a fate worse than none existence
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:56 am

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Indeed; we did briefly consider the possibility of sending him home gift-wrapped, with a card saying he's more useful to us helping Abigail than he is tied up in a cell. He stays incapacitated, though..."

Leon gave a slight giggle at that.
"I do not think that would be legal Mr Wainwright but it would be allot of fun."
He commented.

He frowned and rubbed gingerly at the back of his head, "Well, I didn't see what happened when I accidentally, ah, put on a display... but her response moved me. Several meters, without warning, and straight into the wall... It would seem to be a good way to scare them off in a fight, but most inconvenient outside of battle."

"You did not see Mr Wainwright and yet your response moved you into a wall?"
The Hermetic asked in a confused tone of voice.
"I see, well I kill keep it in mind if I ever have to scare of a vampire."

He nodded, "I appreciate that."

Leon nodded at that.

He grinned, "Nothing wrong with favouring a genre, as such - Hell, you should see the selection on my bookshelves; The Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter have places of honour there. Though it just seemed to me for a moment that your familiarity with historical figures was of the more, hm, sterile sort, as found in carefully neutral textbooks. I should recommend you find some autobiographies and the like; it's surprising how much insight you can gain from a personal account of events."

"I will try to keep that in mind Mr Wainwright and admitting fiction do not have a huge part on my reading list, there is no time for that."
Leon said and scratched his head clearly not getting the point and he looked rather confused.

He nodded, "Well, thank God the eyes stayed in place... the helmet's visor protected those, at least... but pretty much everything else was... detached, yes. It was a good time to be unconscious and anesthetized, though. And... the fact that my face has mobility at all is a testament to the field surgeon's skill."

"Yeah that...is a pretty bad injury..."
Leon said he did not really know what else to say.
"Ehm...yeah your doctor did fine work then..."

His eyes flickered over to Nancy, "Quite, but some puzzles shouldn't be shared until all the... oh... ohhhh..."
He reached into his pocket and fished out the little Criamon girl's drawing and looked closely at it, staring closer at the patterns on the scarrred woman's face, "Did I mistake the identities earlier?"

"Things can have two meanings."
Nancy said as she looked at the drawing.
"Destruction will come, the numbers will get out of wack, but they can be saved by a sacrifice, but that sacrifice like a well is deep and have many layers of bricks."
She muttered and looked up at you. The other gathered magi looked rather confused at this.

He looked at her, trying to place who it was - she reminded him of Beatrice, with dark eyes and small stature. ''How will we know whom you choose? Who is your mentor..." There were so many questions that he felt bubble up as he looked at the girl, he could feel her hand in his..."Who are you? What is your name?'

"My first rote of blood magick...I found the right cone, it is a tree now, it is beautiful..."
The little girl said still holding your hand.
"You know how I am..."
She said and grinned up at you with those dark eyes.
"You have seen my picture in my room, from when I was like this, small, you know who I am."

Then there was the click of the door and his eyes snapped open. It was the way of it, that they had been trying to be quiet; it made him more alert. He glanced around as if expecting the girl to be there in front of him but of course she was not. "Has my cabalmate not yet returned?" he asked them. He stood up and then went towards them.

"I am sorry I did not want to disturb you."
Loretta said apologetically.
"No not yet so I thought we would go and check on Mr Wainwright and the rest."
She continued.

Tane:

Cita looked at you for a moment and sigh.
"Your only hope is to try to gather that material from the wereceatures, you will need witness testimonies, someone willing to be examined to determine how similar they are spiritually to us and detailed information about how and why their ritual works."
She advised.
"If you can get that Mr Karyak then there is a chance, not a good one but a chance. There is nothing else I can think of that can save a Nephandus, and even that will only give the girl a chance if the data completely agree with your claim."

(OOC: Oops Colin, Colin everywhere. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:24 am

Leon gave a slight giggle at that.
"I do not think that would be legal Mr Wainwright but it would be allot of fun."
He commented.
Colin smiled, "Yes, the legal concern was what tipped the scale. Ah, well."

"You did not see Mr Wainwright and yet your response moved you into a wall?"
The Hermetic asked in a confused tone of voice.
"I see, well I kill keep it in mind if I ever have to scare of a vampire."
"No, her response moved me. There may have been some table flipping involved, as well. I don't recall quite clearly, to be honest - things happened very quickly and then I was across the room somehow."

"I will try to keep that in mind Mr Wainwright and admitting fiction do not have a huge part on my reading list, there is no time for that."
Leon said and scratched his head clearly not getting the point and he looked rather confused.
He nodded, "Just as a personal recommendation, try to find the time for some history from a subjective point of view. That tends to reveal more about the people and the norms of the time than an objective history book would."

"Things can have two meanings."
Nancy said as she looked at the drawing.
"Destruction will come, the numbers will get out of wack, but they can be saved by a sacrifice, but that sacrifice like a well is deep and have many layers of bricks."
She muttered and looked up at you. The other gathered magi looked rather confused at this.
He frowned and folded up the picture again, pocketing it cautiously, "Yes... Er, I'll want a word with you about this before I return to Boston... in private."
He shook his head, "Sorry, I just had a thought about a... warning I received from miss Willis' Apprentice earlier. A tad cryptic, but I think I just realized something that changes the interpretation greatly... Not important right now. Ah, we've derailed a little - I'll go check on the Cultists and Mr. Roth Hicks, shall I?"
He made for the door, not visibly shaken, but slightly absentminded - could the scarred lady be Mia rather than Abigail? And if so, would that mean that the fallen woman was Beatrice, and the other woman was... someone else?

((OOC: Well, he gets around.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:29 am

Colin smiled, "Yes, the legal concern was what tipped the scale. Ah, well."

"Well you could always send them a bill demanding money for taking care of their problem child, that would be pretty satisfying as well."
Leon said and grinned.

"No, her response moved me. There may have been some table flipping involved, as well. I don't recall quite clearly, to be honest - things happened very quickly and then I was across the room somehow."

Leon looked confused and Crexia smiled a little.
"They panic when they see fire Sodalis, a raw, primal panic that can make them quite dangerous though usually they will not attack you unless you block their path of escape."
She explained and Leon nodded.
"Ah I see, that sounds confusing."

He nodded, "Just as a personal recommendation, try to find the time for some history from a subjective point of view. That tends to reveal more about the people and the norms of the time than an objective history book would."

"I see...I will try..."
Leon muttered and scratched his head.

He frowned and folded up the picture again, pocketing it cautiously, "Yes... Er, I'll want a word with you about this before I return to Boston... in private."

"Yes...talking, talking will there be cookies?"
Nancy agreed and cocked her head to the side and looked at you and grinned.

He shook his head, "Sorry, I just had a thought about a... warning I received from miss Willis' Apprentice earlier. A tad cryptic, but I think I just realized something that changes the interpretation greatly... Not important right now. Ah, we've derailed a little - I'll go check on the Cultists and Mr. Roth Hicks, shall I?"

Cara looked at you for a moment.
"I am sorry for my student's cryptic communications Mr Wainwright she means well but do not always know how to express it."
She said. Crexia who could see you state of mind it seamed or guess at it nodded.
"Yes that would be nice Mr Wainwright, do check if they are done with their ritual work."

He made for the door, not visibly shaken, but slightly absentminded - could the scarred lady be Mia rather than Abigail? And if so, would that mean that the fallen woman was Beatrice, and the other woman was... someone else?

As you made for the door, Loretta softly tapped on it and then she and Rosario came in.
"Sorry for disturbing...Mr Roth Hicks will be joining us in a minute."
She said as she saw you.

(OOC: Just wait until I start calling your character in the table top game for Colin. Razz )
(OOC2: Ugg I hate allergy medication it makes me so sleepy.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30  Next