Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

4 posters

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 25 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:44 am

"Well you could always send them a bill demanding money for taking care of their problem child, that would be pretty satisfying as well."
Leon said and grinned.
Colin smiled darkly, "Oh, we'll be presenting her with a large enough bill as it is... There's only so much we can take away."

Leon looked confused and Crexia smiled a little.
"They panic when they see fire Sodalis, a raw, primal panic that can make them quite dangerous though usually they will not attack you unless you block their path of escape."
She explained and Leon nodded.
"Ah I see, that sounds confusing."
He shook his head, "Not very confusing. It's simple, really - show a flame to a vampire, and that vampire will under most circumstances make for the quickest escape route away from the fire. If you are between them and that exit, you'll be corporeally removed at best speed - though they'll probably not pause long enough to make sure you're dead or otherwise out of commission."

"Yes...talking, talking will there be cookies?"
Nancy agreed and cocked her head to the side and looked at you and grinned.
He nodded, "I shall have to try to ask miss Mirri about cookies..."

Cara looked at you for a moment.
"I am sorry for my student's cryptic communications Mr Wainwright she means well but do not always know how to express it."
She said. Crexia who could see you state of mind it seamed or guess at it nodded.
"Yes that would be nice Mr Wainwright, do check if they are done with their ritual work."
He shook his head, "Quite alright, there were aspects that had not come to light yet when she made it, and thus would not have made sense if made explicit anyway..."

As you made for the door, Loretta softly tapped on it and then she and Rosario came in.
"Sorry for disturbing...Mr Roth Hicks will be joining us in a minute."
She said as she saw you.
He nodded, "Very good... right, I'll take a seat, then."
He sat down in a chair, lost in thought for a few moments, contemplating memories, and the picture of the three women under the twin suns...

((OOC: He might laser something off in the confusion, then. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Horrible Options, Unexpected  Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17 - Page 25 Empty Re: Horrible Options, Unexpected Help and Hidded Passages IC Thread 17

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Colin smiled darkly, "Oh, we'll be presenting her with a large enough bill as it is... There's only so much we can take away."

"Yeah let us make this a very black day for the Nephandi."
Leon muttered and grinned.
"A very dark day indeed."

He shook his head, "Not very confusing. It's simple, really - show a flame to a vampire, and that vampire will under most circumstances make for the quickest escape route away from the fire. If you are between them and that exit, you'll be corporeally removed at best speed - though they'll probably not pause long enough to make sure you're dead or otherwise out of commission."

"I see so they just feel in terror no matter what is between them and escape that sounds...bothersome and dangerous."
Leon muttered and Crexia sigh.
"When fleeing chances are they will not try to harm you, pushing you to the side is quicker but try to avoid getting to close to a Massassa that are loosing control non the less Sodalis."
She said and Leon raised and eyebrow.
"I see my Lady and you actually have one of those creatures here at Morningstar...why?"
He asked and Crexia shrugged.
"Miss Jarden needed help and besides she pull her weight around here."

He nodded, "I shall have to try to ask miss Mirri about cookies..."

Nancy clapped her hands together happily and giggled.

He shook his head, "Quite alright, there were aspects that had not come to light yet when she made it, and thus would not have made sense if made explicit anyway..."

Cara nodded but she gave a concerned sigh.
"Sometimes I worry about the child, if I will ever be able to teach her to live in our physical world as it whee. Nancy seam to have a way with her though."
She muttered.

He nodded, "Very good... right, I'll take a seat, then."
He sat down in a chair, lost in thought for a few moments, contemplating memories, and the picture of the three women under the twin suns...

Loretta nodded the two Cultists found some seats and sat down. Nancy turned to you and smiled.
"It is hard to learn to prick your own finger to draw blood, even if it don't hurt."
She suddenly said to you as if it made all the sense in the world then she went back to playing with her oily bangs and trying to look out the window from her seat.

(OOC: That would be bad. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:25 pm

"I see so they just feel in terror no matter what is between them and escape that sounds...bothersome and dangerous."
Leon muttered and Crexia sigh.
"When fleeing chances are they will not try to harm you, pushing you to the side is quicker but try to avoid getting to close to a Massassa that are loosing control non the less Sodalis."
She said and Leon raised and eyebrow.
"I see my Lady and you actually have one of those creatures here at Morningstar...why?"
He asked and Crexia shrugged.
"Miss Jarden needed help and besides she pull her weight around here."
Colin nodded, "She's an asset to the Chantry, and there are really few guidelines to follow - avoid bright light, don't get it wet, and don't feed it after midnight."
He looked around at the elder Mages, "Ah, that was perhaps a poorly timed joke... But really, miss Jarden behaves, as far as I can tell, perfectly like any other human most of the time, except if someone lights a fire near her."

Cara nodded but she gave a concerned sigh.
"Sometimes I worry about the child, if I will ever be able to teach her to live in our physical world as it whee. Nancy seam to have a way with her though."
She muttered.
He pondered, "Perhaps not everyone needs to live in the physical world... She might be happier in a reclusive oracular role, hmm?"

Loretta nodded the two Cultists found some seats and sat down. Nancy turned to you and smiled.
"It is hard to learn to prick your own finger to draw blood, even if it don't hurt."
She suddenly said to you as if it made all the sense in the world then she went back to playing with her oily bangs and trying to look out the window from her seat.
He looked up at Nancy, "...And just as hard, if not harder to ask for help with it... Yes..."
He frowned and leaned back to wait for Adley, or for Crexia to resume the briefing...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:29 pm

"My first rote of blood magick...I found the right cone, it is a tree now, it is beautiful..." The little girl said still holding your hand. "You know how I am..." She said and grinned up at you with those dark eyes. "You have seen my picture in my room, from when I was like this, small, you know who I am."

Beatrice? You found the right cone, the seeds that were hidden. And you planted it in the right spot to make the great tree,' he agreed, looking at her hands. So small. 'Are you going to show us where to plant? How can I help them, our friend and family, with the gift you bestowed upon them? I have brought my mercury and quintessence." He looked at her again. "I heard of a red woman watering acorns in a new green field. With her blood she watered them so they could grow strong and right. All the flowers that bloom in Tipereth...'

"I am sorry I did not want to disturb you." Loretta said apologetically. "No not yet so I thought we would go and check on Mr Wainwright and the rest."

"That's quite alright, we have an important task to attend to now, you are not disturbing me," he said, wondering if he'd said anything out loud or not. And mulling over what the girl had said. He stood up a moment later and followed the pair of cultists back to the room with the others. He knocked on the door and came in, shut it behind him and silently moved over to stand or sit next to Colin.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:58 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "She's an asset to the Chantry, and there are really few guidelines to follow - avoid bright light, don't get it wet, and don't feed it after midnight."
He looked around at the elder Mages, "Ah, that was perhaps a poorly timed joke... But really, miss Jarden behaves, as far as I can tell, perfectly like any other human most of the time, except if someone lights a fire near her."

The older magi looked at one another a bit confused. Crexia smiled a little and nodded.
"Miss Jarden have never cause any problems, she perform her tasks well and is kind and polite she have never harmed anyone at the Chantry and yes she behaves as any other human begin, then again being undead myself I might not be the one to talk."
She said and smiled again.

He pondered, "Perhaps not everyone needs to live in the physical world... She might be happier in a reclusive oracular role, hmm?"

Cara nodded.
"You are probably right Mr Wainwright but I worry for the child. This world is not always kind to those who are different and she is vulnerable."
She muttered.

He looked up at Nancy, "...And just as hard, if not harder to ask for help with it... Yes..."
He frowned and leaned back to wait for Adley, or for Crexia to resume the briefing...

"Yes that can be harder...much harder."
Nancy agreed but she did not turn to look at you.

Crexia walked up to the blackboard again and begun talking.
"Very well then ladies and gentlemen we have a basic plan. Now Miss Dane will be our healer, Miss Scott and Miss Willis our guides as such it will be important they are not harmed, I want us to move in a way so they do not end up in harms way."
She said. Rosario and Cara looked like they where about to protest.

Adley:

Beatrice? You found the right cone, the seeds that were hidden. And you planted it in the right spot to make the great tree,' he agreed, looking at her hands. So small. 'Are you going to show us where to plant? How can I help them, our friend and family, with the gift you bestowed upon them?

"I am Bee's memory and what Claire hid, the future and the past."
The little girl said and looked up at you.
"I am only a memory, my advice is limited dummy...those that need to see it will, there have to be fire for the crucible to burn away impurity, for now all this can do is show what purity was once there."
She said and smiled.
"When the right person see it they will know..."

I have brought my mercury and quintessence." He looked at her again. "I heard of a red woman watering acorns in a new green field. With her blood she watered them so they could grow strong and right. All the flowers that bloom in Tipereth...'

"Long ago, there where a red warrior and a forest god...forever they have walked hand in hand, sometimes friends, sometimes foes, but forever it is the red warrior who plant the old god's children and water them with his and her blood so he can be reborn anew...but now he is broken, at at night he cries, it is a sad tale...I read it in a book somewhere..."
The childe muttered.
"A beacon live inside of you, now you have a flame and can shine hope to those in need, but to some hope can be to much of a pain to bare..."
The girl muttered.
"It is so hard to learn to poke yourself to draw blood, but sometimes blood is needed..."

"That's quite alright, we have an important task to attend to now, you are not disturbing me," he said, wondering if he'd said anything out loud or not. And mulling over what the girl had said. He stood up a moment later and followed the pair of cultists back to the room with the others. He knocked on the door and came in, shut it behind him and silently moved over to stand or sit next to Colin.

Loretta nodded at that before she left. You get back to the classroom, you hear Crexia, who give you a polite nod as you come in, inform you that Rosario was the group healer and Cara and Nancy would be guides and for the rest to keep them out of harms way, something the young women where about to protest over just about as you sat down.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:30 pm

The older magi looked at one another a bit confused. Crexia smiled a little and nodded.
"Miss Jarden have never cause any problems, she perform her tasks well and is kind and polite she have never harmed anyone at the Chantry and yes she behaves as any other human begin, then again being undead myself I might not be the one to talk."
She said and smiled again.
Colin smiled wryly at Crexia, "Well, I suppose that might make you uniquely qualified as an outside observer at worst..."

Cara nodded.
"You are probably right Mr Wainwright but I worry for the child. This world is not always kind to those who are different and she is vulnerable."
She muttered.
He nodded, "That is always the danger... but there will always be those who are different, and those who are positioned to protect the odd ones."

Crexia walked up to the blackboard again and begun talking.
"Very well then ladies and gentlemen we have a basic plan. Now Miss Dane will be our healer, Miss Scott and Miss Willis our guides as such it will be important they are not harmed, I want us to move in a way so they do not end up in harms way."
She said. Rosario and Cara looked like they where about to protest.
He nodded, "She's right, miss Dane and miss Willis; you've got the most dangerous job of us all - if everything goes pear-shaped, we're going to need you two to haul the rest of us back out. As such, yours is the strength we need to conserve as best we can."

He knocked on the door and came in, shut it behind him and silently moved over to stand or sit next to Colin.
He pondered, briefly glancing up at Adley to acknowledge his arrival, and fished out his notebook, quickly scrawling down a message and showing it to Adley, 'Miss Scott might have glimpsed the nature of my Avatar; most disconcerting. And she offered that it can be hard to prick your finger to draw blood. I'm not sure if that was literal or metaphorical, but I might need some assistance either way, if I can figure out which it was."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:55 pm

olin smiled wryly at Crexia, "Well, I suppose that might make you uniquely qualified as an outside observer at worst..."

Crexia smiled a little.
"Well the two are not the same off course but yes it might make me able to offer some insight into such a condition that few others have."
She agreed and nodded.

He nodded, "That is always the danger... but there will always be those who are different, and those who are positioned to protect the odd ones."

"You are right Mr Wainwright and whatever Meg...is meant for in this life I will protect her and make sure she is happy, but I am allowed to worry, it is a Mentor's job to worry."
Cara said with a slight smile.

He nodded, "She's right, miss Dane and miss Willis; you've got the most dangerous job of us all - if everything goes pear-shaped, we're going to need you two to haul the rest of us back out. As such, yours is the strength we need to conserve as best we can."

"Yes but I...would hate someone to put themselves in danger to protect me Mr Wainwright."
Rosario protested.
"I would not like that either."
Care commented.
"Ladies we need your skill with enigmas to find our ways Miss Willis and Miss Dane you are the best healer among us, I can heal some, but if the injury is serious it will not be pretty, as a undead being my skill with living things are minimal."
Crexia said sternly.

(OOC: Now now children passing notes in class? Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:29 pm

"You are right Mr Wainwright and whatever Meg...is meant for in this life I will protect her and make sure she is happy, but I am allowed to worry, it is a Mentor's job to worry."
Cara said with a slight smile.
Colin smiled thinly, "Any parental figure has that as the first point of their priority list, I suppose..."

"Yes but I...would hate someone to put themselves in danger to protect me Mr Wainwright."
Rosario protested.
"I would not like that either."
Care commented.
"Ladies we need your skill with enigmas to find our ways Miss Willis and Miss Dane you are the best healer among us, I can heal some, but if the injury is serious it will not be pretty, as a undead being my skill with living things are minimal."
Crexia said sternly.
He shrugged, "In this case, it's not a matter of protecting you because you are women. Heavens know that went out of fashion years ago... No, in this case, I am bait and ammunition carrier, the others are essentially the heavy artillery, whereas you are the ones who have to handle the task of getting the rest of us out alive if at all possible. We'll be shielding you as best we can, because you are our best bet for protecting ourselves. We'll be putting ourselves in danger anyway, but the more we can prevent harm from coming to you, the more permanent damage the rest of us have a chance at avoiding."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:07 am

"I am Bee's memory and what Claire hid, the future and the past." The little girl said and looked up at you. "I am only a memory, my advice is limited dummy...those that need to see it will, there have to be fire for the crucible to burn away impurity, for now all this can do is show what purity was once there." She said and smiled. "When the right person see it they will know..."

He raised an eyebrow at being called a dummy. 'Hmm, well then when the right person sees it and knows where to plant it, if there needs to be a fire, that I can help help them accomplish...'

"Long ago, there where a red warrior and a forest god...forever they have walked hand in hand, sometimes friends, sometimes foes, but forever it is the red warrior who plant the old god's children and water them with his and her blood so he can be reborn anew...but now he is broken, at at night he cries, it is a sad tale...I read it in a book somewhere..." The childe muttered.

'If I must water the plant with blood so it will grow, then I will do so. But I do not wish him to be reborn broken.'

"A beacon live inside of you, now you have a flame and can shine hope to those in need, but to some hope can be to much of a pain to bare..." The girl muttered. "It is so hard to learn to poke yourself to draw blood, but sometimes blood is needed..."

Yes; the beacon is with us. I do not fear the pain of losing blood for this purpose. But the hard part is learning the method and when it is necessary...'

Loretta nodded at that before she left. You get back to the classroom, you hear Crexia, who give you a polite nod as you come in, inform you that Rosario was the group healer and Cara and Nancy would be guides and for the rest to keep them out of harms way, something the young women where about to protest over just about as you sat down.
He pondered, briefly glancing up at Adley to acknowledge his arrival, and fished out his notebook, quickly scrawling down a message and showing it to Adley, 'Miss Scott might have glimpsed the nature of my Avatar; most disconcerting. And she offered that it can be hard to prick your finger to draw blood. I'm not sure if that was literal or metaphorical, but I might need some assistance either way, if I can figure out which it was."

Sensing the impending protests, he said nothing and took the notebook from Colin. As he read it a faint frown formed on his face and he looked at him for a moment, vexed. Then he took out a pen and wrote out a reply and then handed it to him, looking as if he were still trying to piece it all together.

'The following was imparted to me by the memory of B. as a child: those who need to see where it will be planted will see it and when the right person sees it they will know. I was told that there must be a fire in the crucible in order to burn away the impurities. Until then that which you were given can only show the purity that was once there, the rest is a memory. I was also told the red warrior and the forest god walk together always. The red warrior plants the old god's children and waters them with his and her blood so that they may be reborn. That is the way it should be. But now the forest god is broken and cries at night. Another thing I was shown was that the beacon inside of me can give hope to those in need, but for some hope may be too painful to bear.

The next thing said after this was: 'It is so hard to learn to poke yourself to draw blood but sometimes blood is needed.' (I do not know how N. also said this same thing, or how she knows of what you speak of; what else did she impart?) The blood can be both, or either, depending on what is needed for the purpose. Literal and physical, the Verbena use it this way. Of the body, they grow from the earth. There is lineage of the earth and body, the physical world of manifestation. Then there is also the subtle meaning. There are great many Names and attributions associated with spiritual blood: the principle material, the fire of life and the vital and pure spirit. We have been told that poking our selves to draw this blood is hard, but necessary.'

Last edited by s7trif3 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : italics)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:13 am

Colin smiled thinly, "Any parental figure has that as the first point of their priority list, I suppose..."

Cara nodded and smiled a little at that.
"Yes indeed, and I think I will always worry for my student no matter how well she do."

He shrugged, "In this case, it's not a matter of protecting you because you are women. Heavens know that went out of fashion years ago... No, in this case, I am bait and ammunition carrier, the others are essentially the heavy artillery, whereas you are the ones who have to handle the task of getting the rest of us out alive if at all possible. We'll be shielding you as best we can, because you are our best bet for protecting ourselves. We'll be putting ourselves in danger anyway, but the more we can prevent harm from coming to you, the more permanent damage the rest of us have a chance at avoiding."

"I do not think it is because we are women but more I am used to everyone trying to protect me...oh she have part of her Avatar engraved into her skin, she is so frail...I have heard that one a few times...though I suppose that is not the intention here though."
Cara muttered and sigh.
"It is irritating when the healer try to tank in World of Warcraft."
James said then he gave an innocent shrug of embarrassment at having hobbies. Rosario gave a bit of a smile at that.
"Well I suppose that do make sense but still..."
She muttered through she protested far less now.

He raised an eyebrow at being called a dummy. 'Hmm, well then when the right person sees it and knows where to plant it, if there needs to be a fire, that I can help help them accomplish...'

The little girl smiled innocently to you.
"Yes the right person...will know...but the wrong person might be overwhelmed and that might help you."
She said.

'If I must water the plant with blood so it will grow, then I will do so. But I do not wish him to be reborn broken.'

"I am only a memory, I do not have all the answers but one person did, Claire hid a part of herself, only a tiny sliver of purity, that is all I know."

Yes; the beacon is with us. I do not fear the pain of losing blood for this purpose. But the hard part is learning the method and when it is necessary...'

"Sometimes blood is exactly that, sometimes blood is hope and dreams and sweat and love, you will know when it is time, that I believe."
The little girl giggled again.
"Perhaps you will know when you feel the fire of the crucible."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:23 am

"Yes the right person...will know...but the wrong person might be overwhelmed and that might help you." She said.

He looked a little confused. It will help to know who it is, since that the wrong person will be overwhelmed...?

"I am only a memory, I do not have all the answers but one person did, Claire hid a part of herself, only a tiny sliver of purity, that is all I know."

'I believe it will prove to be enough.'

"Sometimes blood is exactly that, sometimes blood is hope and dreams and sweat and love, you will know when it is time, that I believe." The little girl giggled again. "Perhaps you will know when you feel the fire of the crucible."

'They were together in blood by lineage, at some times. But always they have been together. When I feel the fire...Thank you.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:21 am

Then i better get to work, right? Tane said, trying to hide his worry and unease behind his reassuring smile.
Thank you for your advice, teacher he said, lowering his head in respect.

((Sorry for being so inactive. Do you remember what were Tane's up to now dates and comitments? i remember something with werewolves, the kitsune, that plot with the young girl, the shards used as weapons, this one, the two plots with the were girls....))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:37 am

Adley:

He looked a little confused. It will help to know who it is, since that the wrong person will be overwhelmed...?

"Me...her...him, it is for us...another will be helped but only in grieving for that which is lost."
The child replied and looked up at you with trusting eyes.

'I believe it will prove to be enough.'

"Yes...there might be hope enough..."

'They were together in blood by lineage, at some times. But always they have been together. When I feel the fire...Thank you.'

"Yes, always together, you are my brother...always, through one day when I grow up I will have a crush on you, even if you are not for me."
The little girl said and giggled.
"Look for the fire you will know it when you feel it."
She said before you heard the Cultists leave the room, and the little girl was gone.

Tane:

Then i better get to work, right? Tane said, trying to hide his worry and unease behind his reassuring smile.

"Yes you should, you do not have much time. I wish I could help but I do not know much about shapechangers."
Cita said apologetically.

Thank you for your advice, teacher he said, lowering his head in respect.

Cita gave you a warm smile.
"You are welcome, I wish there where more I could do though, well I should check on my patients and you should either get to work, or get some sleep."
She said kindly.

(OOC: Not a problem, the game is not running away. Ok let me see he have an appointment to speak with a representative for the werewolves in the marches in the morning, they had concerns about the recent activities of the Rokea. He was checking up in the situation with the Nephandi girl he captured and he was going to check in with home to make sure the changers where alright after they had dealt with the parts from the slain Nephandi. He also had heard about one of the other Chantries Westchapel having a Kitsune librarian and had asked Henrietta to set up a meeting with her for him. There are shards of Fallen Avatars found in a parking lot in Mattapan and there are speculation that they might be used as a weapon, And then the wererat Strawberry was investigating who killed her mage friend and Tane was helping here. The Ananasi Alessa was looking for her sister who where serving the Wyrm with the intent of killing her and Tane had found a confused Rokea girl who spoke of the spirits that where supposed to guide her having been killed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:45 am

Cara nodded and smiled a little at that.
"Yes indeed, and I think I will always worry for my student no matter how well she do."
He smiled thinly, "I suppose I'll have the opportunity to be overwhelmed by such concerns in a couple of days, myself..."

"I do not think it is because we are women but more I am used to everyone trying to protect me...oh she have part of her Avatar engraved into her skin, she is so frail...I have heard that one a few times...though I suppose that is not the intention here though."
Cara muttered and sigh.
"It is irritating when the healer try to tank in World of Warcraft."
James said then he gave an innocent shrug of embarrassment at having hobbies. Rosario gave a bit of a smile at that.
"Well I suppose that do make sense but still..."
She muttered through she protested far less now.
He arched an eyebrow at James, "Well, I don't think I would have been able to think of putting it like that... Good one."

'The following was imparted to me by the memory of B. as a child: those who need to see where it will be planted will see it and when the right person sees it they will know. I was told that there must be a fire in the crucible in order to burn away the impurities. Until then that which you were given can only show the purity that was once there, the rest is a memory. I was also told the red warrior and the forest god walk together always. The red warrior plants the old god's children and waters them with his and her blood so that they may be reborn. That is the way it should be. But now the forest god is broken and cries at night. Another thing I was shown was that the beacon inside of me can give hope to those in need, but for some hope may be too painful to bear.
He arched an eyebrow and glanced toward Nancy, before writing back, 'So that's what she meant by a red woman planting acorns. She was looking at a reflection of the room, rather than outside, as it were. As for the crucible, that could conceivably be a metaphor for what must be done to revert an Avatar; sort of a smelting down and casting it anew, as opposed to ripping it apart and reassembling it wrong.'

The next thing said after this was: 'It is so hard to learn to poke yourself to draw blood but sometimes blood is needed.' (I do not know how N. also said this same thing, or how she knows of what you speak of; what else did she impart?) The blood can be both, or either, depending on what is needed for the purpose. Literal and physical, the Verbena use it this way. Of the body, they grow from the earth. There is lineage of the earth and body, the physical world of manifestation. Then there is also the subtle meaning. There are great many Names and attributions associated with spiritual blood: the principle material, the fire of life and the vital and pure spirit. We have been told that poking our selves to draw this blood is hard, but necessary.'
He frowned, 'My injury came up, and N. said that "all the pieces fell out of the puzzle box," and that "now she has to put them back together again." Not much room for interpretation there, I'm afraid. I'll be having a word with her in private about her insights later, that might at least keep her tongue from wagging too much too soon.'
He pondered for a moment, then added, 'One of us three has to bleed on the pine cone to shine a light into the darkness. Not a lot - a bloody thumbprint should probably be enough, I think. Under the circumstances, the presence of your guest might lend further strength to it; do you think you can open a fingertip enough to bleed down in the Labyrinth?'

((OOC: Don't forget that Tane also had strict orders to have the others evacuate his house, on account of the Nephandi bits he'd dropped off there.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:16 am

He smiled thinly, "I suppose I'll have the opportunity to be overwhelmed by such concerns in a couple of days, myself..."

"Oh, are you taking on a student Mr Wainwright?"
Cara said and looked at you.
"Congratulations."

He arched an eyebrow at James, "Well, I don't think I would have been able to think of putting it like that... Good one."

James gave you a shy smile.
"Ehm...it just seamed to be sort of the same situation."
He muttered and looked down.
"Well a silly hobby I know, but it can be fun at times."
The Hermetic said. Rosario looked at James though and nodded she seamed to be getting what he was saying.

(OOC: Ah yes that as well, operation evacuate the menagerie. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:45 pm

"Oh, are you taking on a student Mr Wainwright?"
Cara said and looked at you.
"Congratulations."
Colin smiled thinly, "You say that now..."

James gave you a shy smile.
"Ehm...it just seamed to be sort of the same situation."
He muttered and looked down.
"Well a silly hobby I know, but it can be fun at times."
The Hermetic said. Rosario looked at James though and nodded she seamed to be getting what he was saying.
He smirked, "Well, I'd hardly be the one to judge; I play World of Warplanes, myself... with a quite acceptable victory ratio, too. Not quite the same, but nevertheless an enjoyable indulgence."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:32 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "You say that now..."

"That bad eh? Well I am sure having an apprentice will be a rewarding experience Mr Wainwright, despite all the worrying that comes with it."
Cara said and smiled.

He smirked, "Well, I'd hardly be the one to judge; I play World of Warplanes, myself... with a quite acceptable victory ratio, too. Not quite the same, but nevertheless an enjoyable indulgence."

"I do not think I have tried that one."
James said and smiled a little.
"Well every now and again a little indulgence is a great way to relax."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:30 pm

"Me...her...him, it is for us...another will be helped but only in grieving for that which is lost." The child replied and looked up at you with trusting eyes.

It wasn't quite a direct reply to his previous question but he tried to figure it out, or at least remember it for later when they could. 'Bea, Claire...our father? And then one other...and one of us shall recognize this person to plant and another will be overwhelmed?'

"Yes, always together, you are my brother...always, through one day when I grow up I will have a crush on you, even if you are not for me." The little girl said and giggled. "Look for the fire you will know it when you feel it."

He felt a smile tug at the corner of his mouth. "We seem to be for one another in many ways, but this time not that way. Someone else perhaps is for us this time, that way."

[quote][Colin]'So that's what she meant by a red woman planting acorns. She was looking at a reflection of the room, rather than outside, as it were. As for the crucible, that could conceivably be a metaphor for what must be done to revert an Avatar; sort of a smelting down and casting it anew, as opposed to ripping it apart and reassembling it wrong.'[quote]

'Yes; the crucible burns to remove impurity, it does not simply destroy it transforms. I was told to look for the fire, that I would know it when I felt it. There is one more thing that is important. She said that it was for, "Me...her...him, it is for us...another will be helped but only in grieving for that which is lost.'"'

'My injury came up, and N. said that "all the pieces fell out of the puzzle box," and that "now she has to put them back together again." Not much room for interpretation there, I'm afraid. I'll be having a word with her in private about her insights later, that might at least keep her tongue from wagging too much too soon.'

'I see. Troubling but perhaps she will be of great assistance as well.'

He pondered for a moment, then added, 'One of us three has to bleed on the pine cone to shine a light into the darkness. Not a lot - a bloody thumbprint should probably be enough, I think. Under the circumstances, the presence of your guest might lend further strength to it; do you think you can open a fingertip enough to bleed down in the Labyrinth?'

'Which type of blood needed will become apparent and the right person will know who to plant. The other may be overwhelmed. I was told to look for the fire. If it is physical blood, the body easily bleeds; I have brought my knife though I am not a blood witch, that to me does not seem a difficult prospect. I was told that blood can be 'just blood' but also hope, sweat and love, and that C. hid a sliver of her purity. Yet we are warned it is so difficult to poke oneself to bleed. We shall have to see if it is either or both, blood that is also the fruit of the tree of life.'

To turn matters to planning, how are we to take all that filth with us and not be detected, and then into where you need to use it? I would not like to bring them what they have been seeking, unless we have repackaged it and tied a bow on your wooden horse.'

He looked up at the others. "Forgive me, I hope that I did not delay us in planning," he said as he passed the notebook back to Colin.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:00 pm

"That bad eh? Well I am sure having an apprentice will be a rewarding experience Mr Wainwright, despite all the worrying that comes with it."
Cara said and smiled.
Colin smiled, "Yes, even if her chances for a good, long life are slim, I believe we'll both be better for trying... As it is, she's a twelve-year-old girl with a heart condition, presently resting in the infirmary..."

"I do not think I have tried that one."
James said and smiled a little.
"Well every now and again a little indulgence is a great way to relax."
He grinned, "Well, that sort of simulation is not for everyone... and I wouldn't quite call intense dogfights 'relaxing', either, but it's a great way to keep one's reflexes honed."

'Yes; the crucible burns to remove impurity, it does not simply destroy it transforms. I was told to look for the fire, that I would know it when I felt it. There is one more thing that is important. She said that it was for, "Me...her...him, it is for us...another will be helped but only in grieving for that which is lost.'"'
He nodded sagely, 'The last one would probably be miss Carlyle, then.'

'Which type of blood needed will become apparent and the right person will know who to plant. The other may be overwhelmed. I was told to look for the fire. If it is physical blood, the body easily bleeds; I have brought my knife though I am not a blood witch, that to me does not seem a difficult prospect. I was told that blood can be 'just blood' but also hope, sweat and love, and that C. hid a sliver of her purity. Yet we are warned it is so difficult to poke oneself to bleed. We shall have to see if it is either or both, blood that is also the fruit of the tree of life.'
He pondered, 'The blood is one thing, but I think it's also a matter of willingly opening a weak spot - cutting oneself by accident or in private is a lot easier than opening your own blood vessel in public, let alone in battle. Perhaps it requires the wielder to expose themselves on some spiritual level?'

To turn matters to planning, how are we to take all that filth with us and not be detected, and then into where you need to use it? I would not like to bring them what they have been seeking, unless we have repackaged it and tied a bow on your wooden horse.'
He grinned almost savagely, 'The others have been taught my Rote. In a way, the filth is the wooden horse. The Fallen will probably see it, but not the danger it represents to them.'

He looked up at the others. "Forgive me, I hope that I did not delay us in planning," he said as he passed the notebook back to Colin.
He handed the book back to Adley again, "No, I believe we're on schedule with that... Nothing so outrageous that you can't have it summarized on the way."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:20 pm

It wasn't quite a direct reply to his previous question but he tried to figure it out, or at least remember it for later when they could. 'Bea, Claire...our father? And then one other...and one of us shall recognize this person to plant and another will be overwhelmed?'

"We do not have a father, we just are, Bee...Adley, Claire...they have fathers but what lies beyond have only will. Sacrifice will plant the pine cone but for the overwhelmed one, not everyone can handle the light of hope."
The little girl said and smiled to you.

He felt a smile tug at the corner of his mouth. "We seem to be for one another in many ways, but this time not that way. Someone else perhaps is for us this time, that way."

"Yes, there will be someone else for both of us I think...and I will be a princess and wear a pretty dress, a yellow one with butterflies."
The little girl said and giggled.
"But for this life we will be brother and sister...we have been many times...in one way or another."

Crexia shook her head.
"You did not Mr Roth Hicks though I did go ahead and started the planning without you, I hope you do not mind, your Cabalmate can go over the basics of our planned movements, other than that it have been little but going over our priorities. In short our first task is to take down the Labyrinth's wards, I will search for traps and open the wards where Mr Wainwright will try to drain them until they are no more. While he works the rest of us will have his back, if that fail then the members of the Order will work in Concert to brute force the wards down, this is sure to be noticed though. Once this is done we will move into the Labyrinth itself and try to find Miss Carlyle, the methods already discussed to deal with her will be tried in order, if we manage to...deal with her we will start going room to room, taking out as many of the Nephandi and their servants as we can on the way as we move towards the center ring."
The archmaga explained.
"Do feel free to add your own thoughts on the matter though...we only have twelve more minutes...then we have to go."

Colin smiled, "Yes, even if her chances for a good, long life are slim, I believe we'll both be better for trying... As it is, she's a twelve-year-old girl with a heart condition, presently resting in the infirmary..."

Cara's eyes widened.
"Oh my the Nephandi child, we that will be a challenge, do you think it is safe to take her in? I guess it is better than her waiting in a cell though...I assume with a heart condition dealing with her the...ehm regular...way will be difficult."

He grinned, "Well, that sort of simulation is not for everyone... and I wouldn't quite call intense dogfights 'relaxing', either, but it's a great way to keep one's reflexes honed."

"True enough, a game that have you at the edge of your seat can be rather fun at times though."
The Hermetic said and grinned. Crexia gave you both a bit of a stern look for discussing computer games at a time like this.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:11 am

"We do not have a father, we just are, Bee...Adley, Claire...they have fathers but what lies beyond have only will. Sacrifice will plant the pine cone but for the overwhelmed one, not everyone can handle the light of hope."

'Ah. You meant me, or Dylan...'

"Yes, there will be someone else for both of us I think...and I will be a princess and wear a pretty dress, a yellow one with butterflies." The little girl said and giggled."But for this life we will be brother and sister...we have been many times...in one way or another."

'I am sure you will look perfect in it," he said. "I would be glad to see that."

(Colin)
He pondered, 'The blood is one thing, but I think it's also a matter of willingly opening a weak spot - cutting oneself by accident or in private is a lot easier than opening your own blood vessel in public, let alone in battle. Perhaps it requires the wielder to expose themselves on some spiritual level?'

'Yes, it could be. So I was told that a sacrifice would plant the pine cone; but for the person overwhelmed, not everyone could handle the light of hope. I do not know precisely who the latter will be, but it seems that the state of them will help in determining the difference. 'We will need to figure a way to keep that all hidden until the right moment though, don't you think? What is our transport method, by ground I assume? If so, we should make sure the car has enough fuel. What else do we need to do before we go?'

"You did not Mr Roth Hicks though I did go ahead and started the planning without you..."Do feel free to add your own thoughts on the matter though...we only have twelve more minutes...then we have to go."

"No, I don't mind," he said and nodded at her instruction. "If there is something else specific you wish me to handle, let me know."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : italics)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:05 am

'Ah. You meant me, or Dylan...'

"Yes...maybe but sometimes father have another meaning."
The little girl muttered and smiled to you.
"Dylan is like me...there is much pain ahead for him...but when all hope is gone, perhaps it is not."
She said sadly.

'I am sure you will look perfect in it," he said. "I would be glad to see that."

The child giggled at that and looked joyfully up at you.

"No, I don't mind," he said and nodded at her instruction. "If there is something else specific you wish me to handle, let me know."

"Yes I would like you to have the main responsibility to keep our healer and our two guides alive down there, as well as backing up your Cabalmate and if we need to, work with the rest of us in Concert."
The archmaga said.
"Well if there is nothing further we should go, there is little time to drive now so I will be making a portal to a nearby area and we will go on foot from there and approach the Labyrinth from the sewers."
She declared Cara gave you a slight wry grin.
"Jay more sewers."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:13 am

"Yes...maybe but sometimes father have another meaning." The little girl muttered and smiled to you.

What other meaning of father should I need to know, hrm? You seem to be just a little bit ahead of me, always. Even when I'm born first.'

The child giggled at that and looked joyfully up at you.

'Wish us good luck, little sister. I suppose I will be carrying your memory with me, so there is no need to say goodbye.'[/i]

"Yes I would like you to have the main responsibility to keep our healer and our two guides alive down there, as well as backing up your Cabalmate and if we need to, work with the rest of us in Concert."

"Yes, ma'am."

"Well if there is nothing further we should go, there is little time to drive now so I will be making a portal to a nearby area and we will go on foot from there and approach the Labyrinth from the sewers."

She declared Cara gave you a slight wry grin. "Jay more sewers.

He felt himself give her a small smile back. "In that case, boots are recommended."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:51 am

It's ok, i'm there for that. If you need me to help your patients i could too. he said with a tired smile.

((Oh, ok, then. Why's not running?))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:32 am

Adley:

What other meaning of father should I need to know, hrm? You seem to be just a little bit ahead of me, always. Even when I'm born first.'

The little girl smiled a little.
"Well I am your memory of me when I was a little girl even if we never met back then, so perhaps you are the one ahead..."
She said and giggled.
"Sometimes a father is an egg but not the one you boil and eat...no that would be bad..."

'Wish us good luck, little sister. I suppose I will be carrying your memory with me, so there is no need to say goodbye.'[/i]

"Yes this memory is yours now, and my luck is dependent on you I will keep you safe though, and you will keep me safe."
She said and smiled.

"Yes, ma'am."

Crexia nodded.
"Good thank you Mr Roth Hicks."

He felt himself give her a small smile back. "In that case, boots are recommended."

Cara smiled and showed you her feet who had on the boots Daisy had made for her.
"I thought we would be going through the sewer entrance so I come prepared, but that do not mean I have to like it Sodalis."

Tane:

"Well yes I could use some help then again you look rather tired Tane no reason we both should tire ourselves out. What if you check in on Tobias to make sure he is alright and then go and get some sleep yourself."
Cita said and gave you a slight smile.

(OOC: I am not sure I understand, who should be running where?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30  Next