Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 29 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:07 am

"True."

"I think though that using the marble is safer than poking around the Node investigating it to much."

"Yes, we can't delay too long. If we can discuss the terms of her obligation to favor all of us, then we should try to stop this trap to oblivion. It's the only shot we have to stop it. Technically, the trap puts the node in danger, conflicting orders right there. But...the woman on the rack, we really will have to do something about her," he said with a shake of his head.

"Well since the Umbrood is actually talking with your Cabalmate he can try to ask her what orders she is under and under what conditions she will act."
Crexia said and sigh then she glanced at the poor tortured woman.
"I am not sure there is that much we can do other than give her a quick end, your Cabalmate describe her as broken in every way and even if her physical wounds are healed, I doubt her mind will ever recover, if there is any of it left, that I can check and if she is still there I can bring her back but...well there is only so much suffering a human mind can take..."
She said then she sigh.
"Then again we have our vampire guest back at the Chantry and she do seam to have something of herself left after all those years, the human mind is a resilient thing in some ways."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 29 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:12 pm

"That we can examine, there have to be some magick on the Node, something to connect it to a place in the physical world among other things but yes we can see what spells there are on the Node itself, but then again that to can be seen as tampering."
Colin grimaced, "My Avatar says the rack is the Node itself. I have to salvage a piece of it before we destroy the bloody thing, to make something better from it; a memorial for the nameless victims..."

"A play on words in such trying times?" he said, looking at him exasperated.
He gave Adley a grin, "But of course. It helps me put things in perspective and steadies the nerves."

"You do make a good point young man, Abigail might indeed be waiting for regular rapports from her guards or have some other way of knowing they are down and might decide to activate the portal from a distance, we might have to take a chance to take the portal out before that happens for at the moment her attemnt to use the portal to take us down with her Labyrinth seam more likely than the spirit acting, the woman's house is on fire after all, she have to know she is about to loose."
Crexia said and frowned.
He nodded, "Too many ways this could turn plum-shaped if we leave the portal be..."

The old archmage nodded.
"That would indeed be better just be very careful with your wording young man."
He nodded, "I'll weigh my words carefully."

He just raised his brows at his cabalmate's pun. Then he said, "Just be careful, don't offer what you aren't prepared to pay. Or the rest of us, either..." Flambeau or not, he didn't want to fight off a pissed off Umbral Lord over dibs on his friends face.
He nodded, "No... Bartering with others is out of the question; we know how badly that turn...s out."

"If she make her escape we are going to at some point have to hunt her down but that can wait until we literary have saved the world, but yes I would feel better if Miss Carlyle was dealt with, however dealing with this portal is of greater importance, I do think we are going to have to check her room though, if she is gone and we can assume she have fled, then I see little point in hunting her down at this point and we can perched to go after Abigail but if she is still there we need to make sure the girl can not ambush us with that Avatar of hers."
Crexia said sternly.
He nodded, "Oh, she will have to be... well... but I still feel sorry for her. I might not shed any tears if she slips through our fingers - but I won't simply let her, either. She's too dangerous and unstable..."

Crexia considered then she nodded.
"Very well, we need to check on the Matty Carlyle situation first but if the girl have fled, we do not need to take the time to hunt her down at this moment and our priority become taking out Abigail, we certinly do not want a powerful Bane on our hands and I would want that woman gone...and no I would not want to see you loose your face to a spirit either."
She said with a small smile.
He nodded, "One way or another, then, we'll have to backtrack to deal with miss Carlyle..."

"If you can get her to agree to those terms then that would be best yes, and I can pull some strings to have the plant looked into."
He pondered, "It might be useful to know her view of what is despoiling her domain..."

"I doubt she will understand that the terms are unacceptable that is not how most Umbrood think, she will understand you refuse her offer and make a counter offer, she is not likely to be violent I think, she might refuse to deal with you further but their anger seldom work like that."
"I don't /think/ she would become violent, though she may try to intimidate you. She might make a counter-counter offer, raise or lower the stakes, ignore you; adhere to her previous orders as she deems fit."
He nodded, "Right. So decidedly make a counter-offer that is palatable."

"Well since the Umbrood is actually talking with your Cabalmate he can try to ask her what orders she is under and under what conditions she will act."
Crexia said and sigh then she glanced at the poor tortured woman.
"I am not sure there is that much we can do other than give her a quick end, your Cabalmate describe her as broken in every way and even if her physical wounds are healed, I doubt her mind will ever recover, if there is any of it left, that I can check and if she is still there I can bring her back but...well there is only so much suffering a human mind can take..."
She said then she sigh.
"Then again we have our vampire guest back at the Chantry and she do seam to have something of herself left after all those years, the human mind is a resilient thing in some ways."
He frowned, "I can certainly ask... As for the victim there, I rather hope her mind has fled. She's not been tortured for information, but for her suffering to power the Node. With the extensive damage that has been done to her... I don't think even our Deacon Primus back home could find enough of her mind to piece back together, even if her body were healed... It looks really terrible up close."

((OOC: First day back to work after surgery. Quite literally a pain in the dick. :/ Home and resting now. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:28 pm

"I think though that using the marble is safer than poking around the Node investigating it to much."
Colin grimaced, "My Avatar says the rack is the Node itself. I have to salvage a piece of it before we destroy the bloody thing, to make something better from it; a memorial for the nameless victims..."

"The rack is the node?" He scowled. "Hmm...well, if we can come back to do so then I think that is a good idea. I suppose you might ask if salvaging is tampering to the spirit or...freeing the woman. These people...I wonder if they are mages. Either way they deserve something, certainly better than this."

He gave Adley a grin, "But of course. It helps me put things in perspective and steadies the nerves."

He gave him a small smile back.

He nodded, "No... Bartering with others is out of the question; we know how badly that turn...s out."

"You misunderstand, perhaps. I too am rather unwilling to see you barter your face or other parts of you."

He nodded, "Oh, she will have to be... well... but I still feel sorry for her. I might not shed any tears if she slips through our fingers - but I won't simply let her, either. She's too dangerous and unstable..."

"She could harm a great many people, what she has done to herself is terrible but she is as you said, dangerous and unstable."

He frowned, "I can certainly ask... As for the victim there, I rather hope her mind has fled. She's not been tortured for information, but for her suffering to power the Node. With the extensive damage that has been done to her... I don't think even our Deacon Primus back home could find enough of her mind to piece back together, even if her body were healed... It looks really terrible up close."

He nodded to Colin, a grim look on his face as he spoke of the victim. "Good luck amicus and let's hope that this spirit will accept your new offer," he said, and tried to think of anything else useful he might pass onto him, either from the wording of the order or his knowledge of spirit protocols. "Ah and...our captive over there...well, let's deal with this first."

// ouch D: feel better soon, hope your work week isn't too long or arduous

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:38 pm

"Hum...yes Nodes can form in objects though they is more commonly found in physical reality along laylines."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Such a memorial is a nice though, but before you cleanse that piece you take be very careful with it as it is bound to carry with it rather bad Resonance."

"Black humor have always been a useful coping mechanism in stressful situations."
The archmage commented with a wry smile.

He nodded, "Too many ways this could turn plum-shaped if we leave the portal be..."

Crexia considered this then she sigh and nodded.
"I would have preferred a safer option but very well, we will go for the portal and try to take it out."

He nodded, "I'll weigh my words carefully."

"Good."
The old Tytalus said but she still looked rather concerned.

"The thing is that if that Umbrood come for you young man the rest of us are not going to stand idly by and let her take you, so your deals will affect others."

Crexia gave you a grim nod.
"She is to dangerous indeed and she have to be dealt with, however if we can avoid her right now we have enough problems, however if she is still here we will take her and then go after her boss, we can not just let her be, but yes I to feel sympathy for the girl, the Traditions hurt her horribly by forcing her to watch what happened to her teacher, no child should have to witness something like that, we failed here but unfortunately she still have to pay the price for her actions, there are no other way."

He nodded, "One way or another, then, we'll have to backtrack to deal with miss Carlyle..."

"We will have to do that yes but it is only one corridor we have to go back so it should not take to long."

He pondered, "It might be useful to know her view of what is despoiling her domain..."

"Indeed, but that is something you will have to ask her about though off course she might not understand the question."

He nodded, "Right. So decidedly make a counter-offer that is palatable."

Crexia nodded.
"Yes that would be most useful if you could manage it young man but like I said be very careful, you are playing with fire here."

"I hope the same, at least then she is not suffering anymore and what is left is just a empty shell, I can not promise that nothing can be done for her, but I would think that at best she would need to be tended to for the rest of her life and would probably always suffer, such damage to the mind from torture like this...it is not easy to...heal."
Crexia said and shook her head sadly.

"The rack is the node?" He scowled. "Hmm...well, if we can come back to do so then I think that is a good idea. I suppose you might ask if salvaging is tampering to the spirit or...freeing the woman. These people...I wonder if they are mages. Either way they deserve something, certainly better than this."

"There is probably some physical anchorage for the Node but the rack have become the focus of the energies...we would not destroy the Node before we have closed that portal, if we can manage that it do not matter what the spirit consider to be tampering, as for saving the victim, we can try once the portal is dealt with but I believe a quick death might be more merciful than trying to treat her...but I am not going to deny anyone who want to try to bring her along though such a wounded person will be a burden...I do not know if she is a mage I can check but I want to avoid using magick on any part of the rack and it's ehm...function before the portal is deal with."
Crexia said with a deep frown.

"She could harm a great many people, what she has done to herself is terrible but she is as you said, dangerous and unstable."

"I wish we could have helped her when she was a traumatized child, she should not have seen what she saw, and when she saw it she should have been given the care needed to process the trauma, but this did not happen and yes she is paying the price for how the Traditions treated a scared, innocent child, unfortunately that child is now grown up to be a very dangerous Nephandus and she have to be dealt with, we can offer her kindness and a quick death after we have done...what needs to be done but the only other thing we can give her now is regret and a hope to change how our justice system do things, and handle young apprentices, we often forget that magically adept as they often are, many of those students are not just mages, they are children and should be treated accordingly."
The old Tytalus said and frowned.

He nodded to Colin, a grim look on his face as he spoke of the victim. "Good luck amicus and let's hope that this spirit will accept your new offer," he said, and tried to think of anything else useful he might pass onto him, either from the wording of the order or his knowledge of spirit protocols. "Ah and...our captive over there...well, let's deal with this first."

Crexia nodded.
"Yes indeed, good luck and I will be ready if things go completely wrong but try not to let it get to that point for such a fight will cost us...perhaps to much."
She said and looked at the Umbrood.
"And yes we will handle to poor tortured woman after the spirit and the portal have been dealt with...oh and yes try to get her to clarify what her orders in her mind are, to find out what leeway to act we have."
She instructed.

(OOC: I hope you feel better soon Warp, take care of yourself.)

(OOC 2: Sorry for the late reply I have been at a Aspergers support group meeting for pizza.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:58 pm

"Hum...yes Nodes can form in objects though they is more commonly found in physical reality along laylines."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Such a memorial is a nice though, but before you cleanse that piece you take be very careful with it as it is bound to carry with it rather bad Resonance."
"There is probably some physical anchorage for the Node but the rack have become the focus of the energies...we would not destroy the Node before we have closed that portal, if we can manage that it do not matter what the spirit consider to be tampering, as for saving the victim, we can try once the portal is dealt with but I believe a quick death might be more merciful than trying to treat her...but I am not going to deny anyone who want to try to bring her along though such a wounded person will be a burden...I do not know if she is a mage I can check but I want to avoid using magick on any part of the rack and it's ehm...function before the portal is deal with."
Crexia said with a deep frown.
Colin nodded, "Well, the rack is the physical focal point, at the very least. And yes, breaking a piece off it will most certainly be deemed tampering. And yes, I will be careful with that piece. But it's not just about making a memorial for the victims... I think my Avatar wants me to wring the Node and make a healthy one to replace it... and I think the method she suggested may have merit."

He gave him a small smile back.
"Black humor have always been a useful coping mechanism in stressful situations."
The archmage commented with a wry smile.
"Old soldiers' trick, indeed. There are quite a few anecdotes preserved from as far back as the Roman Republic, even."

"You misunderstand, perhaps. I too am rather unwilling to see you barter your face or other parts of you."
"The thing is that if that Umbrood come for you young man the rest of us are not going to stand idly by and let her take you, so your deals will affect others."
He nodded, "No, I understood what you meant... and I think you understood what I meant, too... Don't answer that, please."

Crexia gave you a grim nod.
"She is to dangerous indeed and she have to be dealt with, however if we can avoid her right now we have enough problems, however if she is still here we will take her and then go after her boss, we can not just let her be, but yes I to feel sympathy for the girl, the Traditions hurt her horribly by forcing her to watch what happened to her teacher, no child should have to witness something like that, we failed here but unfortunately she still have to pay the price for her actions, there are no other way."
"I wish we could have helped her when she was a traumatized child, she should not have seen what she saw, and when she saw it she should have been given the care needed to process the trauma, but this did not happen and yes she is paying the price for how the Traditions treated a scared, innocent child, unfortunately that child is now grown up to be a very dangerous Nephandus and she have to be dealt with, we can offer her kindness and a quick death after we have done...what needs to be done but the only other thing we can give her now is regret and a hope to change how our justice system do things, and handle young apprentices, we often forget that magically adept as they often are, many of those students are not just mages, they are children and should be treated accordingly."
The old Tytalus said and frowned.
He sighed, "She's the human equivalent of a missing nuclear warhead, I fear... Mage or not, we're all human... infinitely fragile and resilient..."

"Indeed, but that is something you will have to ask her about though off course she might not understand the question."
He nodded, "True, but I would think she has some metaphorical understanding, at least, of what is afflicting her. And that could reveal a flaw in the recycling plant; perhaps some chemical leak, or maybe someone's carelessly dumping the wrong waste into the various receptacles, such as plastic in the paper recycler?"

Crexia nodded.
"Yes that would be most useful if you could manage it young man but like I said be very careful, you are playing with fire here."
He frowned, "Hardly the first time... but certainly a novel kind of fire..."

"I hope the same, at least then she is not suffering anymore and what is left is just a empty shell, I can not promise that nothing can be done for her, but I would think that at best she would need to be tended to for the rest of her life and would probably always suffer, such damage to the mind from torture like this...it is not easy to...heal."
Crexia said and shook her head sadly.
He nodded, "Our Cultist rather wants to help her, but I truly fear the poor woman is beyond what we can do... But a telepath could at least try to look in and see if there is something left to salvage before... the end."

Crexia nodded.
"Yes indeed, good luck and I will be ready if things go completely wrong but try not to let it get to that point for such a fight will cost us...perhaps to much."
She said and looked at the Umbrood.
"And yes we will handle to poor tortured woman after the spirit and the portal have been dealt with...oh and yes try to get her to clarify what her orders in her mind are, to find out what leeway to act we have."
She instructed.
He sighed and nodded, before turning around and stepped back to the spirit, bowing politely and offering up the broken monocle, "I am sorry, your proposed terms are too unfavourable for me to accept; but before I make a counter-offer, I give you this gift, a token of good faith: a magical tool of my own making, for seeing change and fortune. It is broken, though not irreparably so, and remains an item of practical value to me."
He straightened his back again, "And I would ask you a few questions of some urgency; first, we wish to know the orders which Abigail is presently forcing you to obey... that we might help you with that for a start."

((OOC: Oh, I'm mostly just uncomfortable, really - sort of a blunt ache now, as if someone's got my underneefy bits in a vise. More importantly, though - this weekend is Atlanticon, so I'll be off from Thursday till Sunday; might be able to post from the phone, though I really dislike doing so; awkward keyboard and poor copy/paste functions, you know...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:44 am

Colin nodded, "Well, the rack is the physical focal point, at the very least. And yes, breaking a piece off it will most certainly be deemed tampering. And yes, I will be careful with that piece. But it's not just about making a memorial for the victims... I think my Avatar wants me to wring the Node and make a healthy one to replace it... and I think the method she suggested may have merit."

"I am not so sure you can make a healthy ode out of this travesty young man but perhaps it is worth a try if there is time, but anything done to the Node have to come after we have dealt with the portal."
Crexia said and sigh.
"Also I do not know what the magical properties of such a splinter would be but as long as you are careful I will allow it."

"Old soldiers' trick, indeed. There are quite a few anecdotes preserved from as far back as the Roman Republic, even."

The andient maga smiled a little at that and nodded.
"Indeed it can be most useful at times...to stay sane."

He sighed, "She's the human equivalent of a missing nuclear warhead, I fear... Mage or not, we're all human... infinitely fragile and resilient..."

"A very angry nuclear warhead and can go off at any moment, yes at the end of the day despite our powers we are all human...well you are anyway I stopped being so a long time ago but the point still stands, given enough abuse our minds as well will break."
Crexia said softly.

He nodded, "True, but I would think she has some metaphorical understanding, at least, of what is afflicting her. And that could reveal a flaw in the recycling plant; perhaps some chemical leak, or maybe someone's carelessly dumping the wrong waste into the various receptacles, such as plastic in the paper recycler?"

"Indeed that might be so, and she might be clear as day knowing exactly what is wrong or figuring it out from her words might be quite an enigma."

"Well as your Cabalmate might be able to tell you, any kind of fire, novel or otherwise might be useful, but should be treated with reverence lest you burn your fingers."
Crexia said with a frown.

He nodded, "Our Cultist rather wants to help her, but I truly fear the poor woman is beyond what we can do... But a telepath could at least try to look in and see if there is something left to salvage before... the end."

"Our Cultist seam to be picking up a collection then of those she want to save from the Labyrinth, not that I should talk to loud we have found a man we need to bring with us as an important witness..."
Crexia said then she sigh.
"I am an archmage of Mind young man, if there is anything left of the woman I can find it, and I can manipulate her mind every which way to put the pieces back together or copy who she was before the torture and replace her broken mind with this or well do with her consciousness as I please."
The old maga said in a matter of factly tone of voice she was not bragging she was stating this as if she had told you that yes she spoke Spanish.
"The question is if she would have wanted such a treatment, I could probably take the leftover pieces of her mind, pierce them back together, remove the memory of the torture, and have her healed, she would live and be...herself...but such an intrusion on her mind would be massive, many would prefer death to such manipulation."

He sighed and nodded, before turning around and stepped back to the spirit, bowing politely and offering up the broken monocle, "I am sorry, your proposed terms are too unfavourable for me to accept; but before I make a counter-offer, I give you this gift, a token of good faith: a magical tool of my own making, for seeing change and fortune. It is broken, though not irreparably so, and remains an item of practical value to me."

The spirit did not look pleased that you did not accept her proposal, she non the less accepted the monocle, probably manifesting more to be able to handle it and she ran her fingers over the crack in the glass, it not the silverwork seamed to please her and she nodded and the tool simply vanished as she took it...where she took it was hard to know but it was not there anymore.
"I accept your gift Craftsman and I am willing to discuss other terms for an agreement."
She said simply your gift seaming to have soothed her displeasure.

He straightened his back again, "And I would ask you a few questions of some urgency; first, we wish to know the orders which Abigail is presently forcing you to obey... that we might help you with that for a start."

The spirit looked at you and spoke in Enocian and while her words was beautiful and lyrical, you understood not a single word, but yes she had told you her orders as they had been given.

(OOC: Have fun at Atlanticon. I will be busy most of Thursday myself as I am first going to a support group meeting and then to a barbecue party but I should be able to get a couple of posts in.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:53 am

"I am not so sure you can make a healthy ode out of this travesty young man but perhaps it is worth a try if there is time, but anything done to the Node have to come after we have dealt with the portal."
Crexia said and sigh. "Also I do not know what the magical properties of such a splinter would be but as long as you are careful I will allow it."

"Hm, I do wonder about that insight. I hope it works. It's foul..."

He nodded, "No, I understood what you meant... and I think you understood what I meant, too... Don't answer that, please."

He just gave him a nod and didn't say anything more.

"Well as your Cabalmate might be able to tell you, any kind of fire, novel or otherwise might be useful, but should be treated with reverence lest you burn your fingers." Crexia said with a frown.

"Far be it from me to tell him what fire is like, ma'am, with due respect."

He sighed. "Indeed." He supposed he'd been lucky being apprenticed as a young adult, though he'd sometimes previously felt a bit behind mages that were younger and further along in their ability.

"We can try. There must be some reason that the Nephandi found and bound her in the first place, after all." He then stood watching the exchange, hoping that it went well for them.

// Have a great time at the con, Warp - glad that you aren't too bad off. Writing on the phone is a bit of a pita unless the posts are rather short. Have fun at the BBQ Anja!

Last edited by s7trif3 on Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix quotes)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:15 am

Crexia nodded her agreement at that, she said nothing but she clearly was concerned about any attempt to cleanse the Node and doubtful that it would work.

"Ah...yes off course...you are right Sodalis."
Crexia said then she turned to Colin with and apologetic smile and said.
"Please do forgive me young man I did not think about your circumstances."

"We can try. There must be some reason that the Nephandi found and bound her in the first place, after all." He then stood watching the exchange, hoping that it went well for them.

Crexia turned to you and nodded.
"Would you mind checking on our young Cultist I do not want to leave her alone in that Node to long."
She asked and you saw she was discretely making ready to defend Colin if need be.

(OOC: I should be able to maneuver the gave so short posts are possible over the weekend but really there is no need to worry Warp the game will be here when you get back.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Crexia said and sigh.
"Also I do not know what the magical properties of such a splinter would be but as long as you are careful I will allow it."
Crexia nodded her agreement at that, she said nothing but she clearly was concerned about any attempt to cleanse the Node and doubtful that it would work.
Colin smiled thinly, "She was quite specific in the instructions... I suspect it's not about succeeding at that, but at making the effort of taking such evil apart and creating something good."

The andient maga smiled a little at that and nodded.
"Indeed it can be most useful at times...to stay sane."
He grinned, "Sanity is debatable; anyone willingly marching into battle does seem to be... well, there's a quite good book about that; Catch-22..."

"A very angry nuclear warhead and can go off at any moment, yes at the end of the day despite our powers we are all human...well you are anyway I stopped being so a long time ago but the point still stands, given enough abuse our minds as well will break."
Crexia said softly.
He smiled thinly, "Yes, well, you're still perhaps more human than you give yourself credit for."

"Indeed that might be so, and she might be clear as day knowing exactly what is wrong or figuring it out from her words might be quite an enigma."
He nodded, "No way of knowing without asking, though."

"Well as your Cabalmate might be able to tell you, any kind of fire, novel or otherwise might be useful, but should be treated with reverence lest you burn your fingers."
Crexia said with a frown.

He sighed. "Indeed." He supposed he'd been lucky being apprenticed as a young adult, though he'd sometimes previously felt a bit behind mages that were younger and further along in their ability.
"Ah...yes off course...you are right Sodalis."
Crexia said then she turned to Colin with and apologetic smile and said.
"Please do forgive me young man I did not think about your circumstances."
He smiled sincerely, "Quite alright; that's often one of the most comforting things someone with such visible injuries can hear, actually - when someone addresses us as though they can't see the damage. but the person behind the wounds instead. Thank you."

"Our Cultist seam to be picking up a collection then of those she want to save from the Labyrinth, not that I should talk to loud we have found a man we need to bring with us as an important witness..."
Crexia said then she sigh.
"I am an archmage of Mind young man, if there is anything left of the woman I can find it, and I can manipulate her mind every which way to put the pieces back together or copy who she was before the torture and replace her broken mind with this or well do with her consciousness as I please."
The old maga said in a matter of factly tone of voice she was not bragging she was stating this as if she had told you that yes she spoke Spanish.
"The question is if she would have wanted such a treatment, I could probably take the leftover pieces of her mind, pierce them back together, remove the memory of the torture, and have her healed, she would live and be...herself...but such an intrusion on her mind would be massive, many would prefer death to such manipulation."
He nodded, "I can scarcely blame her, myself, considering... well, if there's enough left of her mind to ask, then that might be advisable before starting any reconstruction... or if necessary, put her to rest."

The spirit did not look pleased that you did not accept her proposal, she non the less accepted the monocle, probably manifesting more to be able to handle it and she ran her fingers over the crack in the glass, it not the silverwork seamed to please her and she nodded and the tool simply vanished as she took it...where she took it was hard to know but it was not there anymore.
"I accept your gift Craftsman and I am willing to discuss other terms for an agreement."
She said simply your gift seaming to have soothed her displeasure.
He nodded, "Good."

The spirit looked at you and spoke in Enocian and while her words was beautiful and lyrical, you understood not a single word, but yes she had told you her orders as they had been given.
He cast Adley a slightly dirty look, "Ah, of course... It seems some of my kind can forget that not all of us speak Enochian... I should have been clearer; what, at present, would irresistibly compel you to act on the orders you were given?"

((OOC: I intend to have fun at the con. The drive up there and back down is going to be a bit uncomfortable, though, I expect... as will the trip back down. And I'll have to refrain from my usual drinking, I think - heavy blood thinner ingestion while the stitches are healing is probably not a good idea. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:04 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "She was quite specific in the instructions... I suspect it's not about succeeding at that, but at making the effort of taking such evil apart and creating something good."

Crexia nodded.
"I am not going to get in your way young man and if you should succeed there will be...some light in all of this at least."
The old Tytalus said but she did not look convinced.

He grinned, "Sanity is debatable; anyone willingly marching into battle does seem to be... well, there's a quite good book about that; Catch-22..."

"Yes well I have seen enough of war to agree with that but sometimes war is unavoidable and then one can either fight for what one believe in or stand on the sidelines."
The archmage said darkly.

He smiled thinly, "Yes, well, you're still perhaps more human than you give yourself credit for."

"Perhaps I am, but I am also fully aware of all I gave up for immortality. I am what I am and I accept that."
Crexia said with a slightly sad smile.

He nodded, "No way of knowing without asking, though."

"True enough I doubt it will hurt to ask her."

He smiled sincerely, "Quite alright; that's often one of the most comforting things someone with such visible injuries can hear, actually - when someone addresses us as though they can't see the damage. but the person behind the wounds instead. Thank you."

"I guess I can understand that young man, I have seen it with the Chief, though his injuries are not visible, it is easy to see only his loss and not who he is. Even so I should probably not have used fire as a metaphor to urge caution with you young man, I am glad you did not take any offense."
Crexia said still sounding a bit apologetic.

He nodded, "I can scarcely blame her, myself, considering... well, if there's enough left of her mind to ask, then that might be advisable before starting any reconstruction... or if necessary, put her to rest."

"I will see what I can read out of her mind once the portal is dealt with, somehow I doubt there will be much understanding left without reconstruction but there might be enough to at least be able to get an indication about what her wishes would be and we can go from there though dealing with a wounded person and a prisoner is not ideal for the rest of this mission."

He cast Adley a slightly dirty look, "Ah, of course... It seems some of my kind can forget that not all of us speak Enochian... I should have been clearer; what, at present, would irresistibly compel you to act on the orders you were given?"

"There are three conditions where I am to activate a trap, the way I see it I can choose to activate it if any of those conditions are fulfilled or none of them at discretion. One if all the guards are dead, while one of them still have an physical incarnation, two if the nest of energies are damaged and it do not seam damaged to me, the third if the woman with that which I can't touch inside who call herself Abigail's trap where tampered with the closest magick she have running that could be seen as a trap is the wards on her room and they seam fine...currently there is no condition that would require me to activate the trap though I have to admit as to being confused about whatever she meant the trap on the nest of energies or her private room, she said my trap...it is...hard to understand and I..."
The Umbrood looked angry again.
"Do not like being confused, I like being what I am and nothing else things have to be clear it is not and that distress me."
She grumbled then she glared at you.
"Are you going to confuse me as well Craftsman?"
She said in a tone of voice that said doing so would not be wise.

(OOC: The one time I attended Atlanticon most of the attendees got so drunk they got thrown out of the bar and got a choice of staying in a empty cabin and not move from it or the ship's lock up...since I have a problem with handling very drunk people I never attended again, but yes I am sure there will be some fun games going. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:39 pm

Crexia nodded.
"I am not going to get in your way young man and if you should succeed there will be...some light in all of this at least."
The old Tytalus said but she did not look convinced.
Colin nodded, "Honestly, the prospect of cleansing the Node is a lesser concern in it all... A recognition for the victims is of greater importance."
He pondered, "Hum, light... perhaps a decorated cruciform stand for prayer candles?"

"Yes well I have seen enough of war to agree with that but sometimes war is unavoidable and then one can either fight for what one believe in or stand on the sidelines."
The archmage said darkly.
He nodded, "Very true..."

"I guess I can understand that young man, I have seen it with the Chief, though his injuries are not visible, it is easy to see only his loss and not who he is. Even so I should probably not have used fire as a metaphor to urge caution with you young man, I am glad you did not take any offense."
Crexia said still sounding a bit apologetic.
He grinned impishly, "Not to worry; as the Americans say, I had a blast."

"I will see what I can read out of her mind once the portal is dealt with, somehow I doubt there will be much understanding left without reconstruction but there might be enough to at least be able to get an indication about what her wishes would be and we can go from there though dealing with a wounded person and a prisoner is not ideal for the rest of this mission."
He nodded, "By your will, then."

"There are three conditions where I am to activate a trap, the way I see it I can choose to activate it if any of those conditions are fulfilled or none of them at discretion. One if all the guards are dead, while one of them still have an physical incarnation, two if the nest of energies are damaged and it do not seam damaged to me, the third if the woman with that which I can't touch inside who call herself Abigail's trap where tampered with the closest magick she have running that could be seen as a trap is the wards on her room and they seam fine...currently there is no condition that would require me to activate the trap though I have to admit as to being confused about whatever she meant the trap on the nest of energies or her private room, she said my trap...it is...hard to understand and I..."
The Umbrood looked angry again.
"Do not like being confused, I like being what I am and nothing else things have to be clear it is not and that distress me."
She grumbled then she glared at you.
"Are you going to confuse me as well Craftsman?"
She said in a tone of voice that said doing so would not be wise.
He shook his head, "No, ambiguity is counterproductive in negotiations... Though, as a strict interpretation of her orders, I would point out that the one called Abigail did not create the trap in the energy nest; two others did... and one of the creators of the trap also made an item to disable the trap in the energy nest completely. The ones who made that trap, though, are dead, and I happen to have inherited parts of that which you cannot touch from one of them, along with the means to shut it down. As such, my claim of ownership of the trap on the energy nest is stronger than Abigail's, and that should clarify that issue, should it not?"

He took a deep breath, "Another thing we wish to know is... how we can help you with another matter. I understand you are having trouble with your domain, a recycling plant being corrupted? Do you know how this is happening? We might have the means to investigate and help set things back the way it ought to be again."

((OOC: Yeah, that would be one of the earlier years, when it was still on the boat to Newcastle. The intoxication levels have gone down drastically since then, and it's generally a more mellow mood all over. I guess the participants have matured somewhat since then, strangely enough. Wink You might be more able to enjoy it as it is now; the fact that it now takes place in a cabin from which it is possible to leave early, unlike a boat, might also help. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Colin nodded, "Honestly, the prospect of cleansing the Node is a lesser concern in it all... A recognition for the victims is of greater importance."
He pondered, "Hum, light... perhaps a decorated cruciform stand for prayer candles?"

"Well it would be a form recognizing both torture and hope for many, and such a small stand for prayer candles becomes a little shrine in itself, it might be a nice touch even for those victims who are not Christian the symbol have been used for far longer to mean the passage of the soul into the spiritual."
Crexia said and nodded.
"It is a nice thought young man to do something for them all, poor people they did not deserve such a end...damned Nephandi."

He grinned impishly, "Not to worry; as the Americans say, I had a blast."

Crexia gave a slight wry grin.
"So you did, and your doctors can attest to it."
She muttered sounded a bit amused.

He nodded, "By your will, then."

Crexia nodded at that.

He shook his head, "No, ambiguity is counterproductive in negotiations... Though, as a strict interpretation of her orders, I would point out that the one called Abigail did not create the trap in the energy nest; two others did... and one of the creators of the trap also made an item to disable the trap in the energy nest completely. The ones who made that trap, though, are dead, and I happen to have inherited parts of that which you cannot touch from one of them, along with the means to shut it down. As such, my claim of ownership of the trap on the energy nest is stronger than Abigail's, and that should clarify that issue, should it not?"

The Umbrood Lord seamed to consider your words for a moment, mulling them over in her mind.
"Well it is that which I cannot touch that give your kind the power to do magick is it not, so if you have inherited part of that which I cannot touch from the creator of the trap then yes I would agree, this trap belong to you and the trap I must activate if the conditions are met are the one on the one who call herself Abigail's bedchamber."
She said and seamed pleased to no longer be confused and have her task neatly laid out ahead of her.

He took a deep breath, "Another thing we wish to know is... how we can help you with another matter. I understand you are having trouble with your domain, a recycling plant being corrupted? Do you know how this is happening? We might have the means to investigate and help set things back the way it ought to be again."

The Umbrood considered your words again as if she was wondering if she could trust you.
"The incarnate being bring to much, and to few of them work there, little are recycled and remain to degrade into nothing instead of into something, a man takes money and send away workers and my domain seep into the ground corrupting it."
The Umbrood said angrily.
"Help would be...appreciated...I am decay but decay should lead to new birth not endless rot, the balance is wrong and the land suffers, only my child keep me sane now."
She moaned the topic clearly giving her some distress.
"But what can you do Craftsman?"

(OOC: Yes that might be more fun for me indeed. It was when we went to Newcastle by boat I attended one of the cons and let us just say we thought we had lost a White Wolf writer when we did not find him when the rest was starting to sober up, we feared he had gone overboard but then eventually we found him passed out in a woman's rest room with his head in a toilet, which get a bit to much for me. Only I and a handful of others actually played any games the rest was busy getting drunk, and when I in the evening dropped by the bar I was asked repeatedly how I could have fun with drinking only orange juice.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:59 pm

"Well it would be a form recognizing both torture and hope for many, and such a small stand for prayer candles becomes a little shrine in itself, it might be a nice touch even for those victims who are not Christian the symbol have been used for far longer to mean the passage of the soul into the spiritual."
Crexia said and nodded.
"It is a nice thought young man to do something for them all, poor people they did not deserve such a end...damned Nephandi."
Colin nodded, "The... what's the word... Ankh, i think it is? It's about five thousand years old, from its Egyptian days? Or is it even older than that? And I think there's a cathedral in Boston that might appreciate such a gift, even from a non-Catholic like myself..."

The Umbrood Lord seamed to consider your words for a moment, mulling them over in her mind.
"Well it is that which I cannot touch that give your kind the power to do magick is it not, so if you have inherited part of that which I cannot touch from the creator of the trap then yes I would agree, this trap belong to you and the trap I must activate if the conditions are met are the one on the one who call herself Abigail's bedchamber."
She said and seamed pleased to no longer be confused and have her task neatly laid out ahead of her.
He smiled and bowed politely, "I am glad to have been of assistance to clarify the conundrum. If it is quite alright with you, my associate will, by my command, disable the trap on the energy nest, though that will touch on the energy nest, but almost certainly not affect it."

The Umbrood considered your words again as if she was wondering if she could trust you.
"The incarnate being bring to much, and to few of them work there, little are recycled and remain to degrade into nothing instead of into something, a man takes money and send away workers and my domain seep into the ground corrupting it."
The Umbrood said angrily.
"Help would be...appreciated...I am decay but decay should lead to new birth not endless rot, the balance is wrong and the land suffers, only my child keep me sane now."
She moaned the topic clearly giving her some distress.
"But what can you do Craftsman?"
He frowned, then smiled broadly, "The corruption you suffer, then, is caused by humans without that which you cannot touch... and it is a crime. Specifically, it is a serious crime by human law, as well as an offense to you and the Cycle. I can do very little personally and directly, but we can point the human agencies that oversee places like your domain toward the situation, and then they will be compelled to act."

He took a deep breath, "Now, the problem with the terms you proposed is that there are factors I cannot control - I have every intent to save your child, but I cannot prevent Abigail from harming him if she decides to do so before I can reach her. Assuming you understand sequences well, there are three things we must do to protect ourselves and our allies trying to defeat Abigail: we must disable the trap in the energy nest, we must cleanse the energy nest - and this I know will compel you to act, but I would rather you know in advance that we must do so than think I was acting insincerely - and we must head back to ensure one of Abigail's underlings cannot sneak up on us when we go to save your child. Once those three tasks are done, we will immediately go to save your child from Abigail, and seek to free him from his prison. My terms are simple - you do not interfere with our three tasks before we go to destroy Abigail. We will sincerely attempt to save your child, and we will get the right people to investigate and set right the wrongness that is harming your domain. Is this acceptable to you?"

((OOC: Yeah, I can see how that would have soured your disposition toward the con. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:13 pm

"I agree with that sentiment at least."

Crexia turned to you and nodded. "Would you mind checking on our young Cultist I do not want to leave her alone in that Node to long." She asked and you saw she was discretely making ready to defend Colin if need be.

"Certainly," he said. "Should I ask her to move back some until we are ready?" Then he moved over to where Rosario was by the node, glancing at it with a severe frown and then back to the young woman. He tried to keep Crexia, Colin and the spirit in sight and hearing just in case of trouble.

Adley gave a slight shrug to him, spreading out his hands as if to say 'what can you do/say'. Then, if he heard the order the spirit repeated in Enochian, he compared it to what he'd learned from their current prisoner to see if it matched up. He followed the exchange as best he could with half an ear, not quite liking all that he heard, with regards to his avatar seeming to have hoovered up another shard, but appreciating Colin's pragmatical approach with regards to the interpretation of the instructions.

// I assume Adley can hear the exchange, the spirit didn't seem far off from where the node and Rosario are but if not let me know. Safe trip, Warp. And at first I thought, ooh cool gaming on a boat then I realised yeah you can't leave early xD But that is quite a story, Anja.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:36 pm

Colin nodded, "The... what's the word... Ankh, i think it is? It's about five thousand years old, from its Egyptian days? Or is it even older than that? And I think there's a cathedral in Boston that might appreciate such a gift, even from a non-Catholic like myself..."

"The ankh was in wide use in Egypt but similar designs have been seen in older cultures, usually symbolizing matter or mind going over into spirit in one for or another, it is a nice enough gesture to give the finished work to a Cathedral just make sure it is one you like the Resonance of, religion can be a symbol of hope or a institution of pain and subjugation depending on how it is practiced."
Crexia said and nodded.

He smiled and bowed politely, "I am glad to have been of assistance to clarify the conundrum. If it is quite alright with you, my associate will, by my command, disable the trap on the energy nest, though that will touch on the energy nest, but almost certainly not affect it."

The Umbrood Lord nodded.
"Ah yes that is acceptable, though I might by that feel the need to go and activate the trap on the one who call herself Abigail's bedchamber from such an act, I am under orders and now it is all clear."
She said and she still seamed pleased that you had cleared things up for her.

He frowned, then smiled broadly, "The corruption you suffer, then, is caused by humans without that which you cannot touch... and it is a crime. Specifically, it is a serious crime by human law, as well as an offense to you and the Cycle. I can do very little personally and directly, but we can point the human agencies that oversee places like your domain toward the situation, and then they will be compelled to act."

"That which I cannot touch is inside of them, it is inside all incarnate beings but it is sleeping and inactive."
The spirit confirmed then she looked confused.
"If it is law they can not do what they do, how are they able to do it, law direct what is possible."
She said and cocked her head to the side as she regarded you.
"It is an offense to me and my cycle this is true, the rest of your words have no meaning to me Craftsman, make sense with your words!"
She demanded in a threatening tone of voice.

He took a deep breath, "Now, the problem with the terms you proposed is that there are factors I cannot control - I have every intent to save your child, but I cannot prevent Abigail from harming him if she decides to do so before I can reach her. Assuming you understand sequences well, there are three things we must do to protect ourselves and our allies trying to defeat Abigail:

"I am an recycling plant, I understand sequences, first the things that are broken are delivered to my domain, then they are sorted and treated and broken down and become dirt, and bottles and building materials, I understand sequences it is part of what I am."
The spirit smiled quite pleased with herself about that.
"I can understand there are things not under your domain that you can not control, this concept is known to me Craftsman."

we must disable the trap in the energy nest, we must cleanse the energy nest - and this I know will compel you to act, but I would rather you know in advance that we must do so than think I was acting insincerely - and we must head back to ensure one of Abigail's underlings cannot sneak up on us when we go to save your child. Once those three tasks are done, we will immediately go to save your child from Abigail, and seek to free him from his prison.

"This is acceptable though when I am forced to act I will have to leave here and activate the woman who call herself Abigail's wards as that is her closest trap, I can not remain and help."
The spirit said she did not particularly seam to care about the Node she only care about her child and fulfilling her orders.

My terms are simple - you do not interfere with our three tasks before we go to destroy Abigail. We will sincerely attempt to save your child, and we will get the right people to investigate and set right the wrongness that is harming your domain. Is this acceptable to you?"

"What is attempt? What is investigate? I do not understand Craftsman."
The spirit said she sounded irritated.

"Certainly," he said. "Should I ask her to move back some until we are ready?" Then he moved over to where Rosario was by the node, glancing at it with a severe frown and then back to the young woman. He tried to keep Crexia, Colin and the spirit in sight and hearing just in case of trouble.

"Yes please do so, I would want her to be safe. Thank you Sodalis."
Crexia said. You got over to Rosario, the Node chamber was no more plesant up close with mangled bodies in various stages of decay strewn about and the poor, tortured woman on the rack who had a look in her eyes that made Susannah appear practically lively. Rosario looked at you there where tears in her eyes and she was holding onto that marble.
"It is all to much."
She muttered.
"All to much."
You still heard Colin's discussion with the Umbrood Lord as you went to fetch the young Cultist.

Adley gave a slight shrug to him, spreading out his hands as if to say 'what can you do/say'. Then, if he heard the order the spirit repeated in Enochian, he compared it to what he'd learned from their current prisoner to see if it matched up.

You do hear the conversation, the spirit repeating her orders where more elegant but the order was still poorly worded though now in a spirit's more detailed speech you heard that the one who had given the order was not necessarily a poor speaker of Enochian or unused to deal with spirits but you hear in the words stress that cause mistakes to be done, the words did match up to what William's lesser understanding of Enochian could repeat though and carried the same meaning.

(OOC: Yeah the con was not all bad I mean I did have fun with the gaming that was had and I had a room on the boat so I could go there when I needed to be alone but since I mostly had to avoid the rest of the party that was not so much fun and there where a few other issues as well but yes I hear the con have gotten better so I might try it again next year.

Yes Adley can hear the discussion between Miss Recycling Plant and Colin from the Node. Also yes Colin's Avatar will eat up any shards it finds it is a hungry hungry hippo. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:30 pm

"The ankh was in wide use in Egypt but similar designs have been seen in older cultures, usually symbolizing matter or mind going over into spirit in one for or another, it is a nice enough gesture to give the finished work to a Cathedral just make sure it is one you like the Resonance of, religion can be a symbol of hope or a institution of pain and subjugation depending on how it is practiced."
Crexia said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "A very good point. I do find the current Pope likable, and while there are some stances of the Catholic Church I disagree with, it's the one denomination I know which consistently has such a stand for prayer candles, to offer hope, consolation and a moment of quiet reflection to its flock. Far better than the so-called Mega-Churches in this country, which I would gladly see taken apart brick by brick, and their ridiculous fortunes scattered to the four winds... Of course, if I find some better suited place for it - perhaps a small shrine in an airport, for example, then I might pick that instead."

The Umbrood Lord nodded.
"Ah yes that is acceptable, though I might by that feel the need to go and activate the trap on the one who call herself Abigail's bedchamber from such an act, I am under orders and now it is all clear."
She said and she still seamed pleased that you had cleared things up for her.
He smiled, "I am fully aware that it may well touch upon the conditions of your orders, and I am pleased the matter does not cause you undue distress."

"That which I cannot touch is inside of them, it is inside all incarnate beings but it is sleeping and inactive."
The spirit confirmed then she looked confused.
"If it is law they can not do what they do, how are they able to do it, law direct what is possible."
She said and cocked her head to the side as she regarded you.
"It is an offense to me and my cycle this is true, the rest of your words have no meaning to me Craftsman, make sense with your words!"
She demanded in a threatening tone of voice.
He bowed, "I beg your forgiveness for this lack of clarity. The laws of Sleepers work like the orders you were given, not like the laws that govern your kind and the world; just like you must trigger the one called Abigail's trap if you learn that the conditions are met, so there are Sleepers who must punish the Sleepers who meet the conditions laid out in Sleeper laws. One such condition about pollution is being triggered in your domain, and now that it is known, the Sleepers who will punish the guilty must be informed and act on this. Does that explanation satisfy you?"

"I am an recycling plant, I understand sequences, first the things that are broken are delivered to my domain, then they are sorted and treated and broken down and become dirt, and bottles and building materials, I understand sequences it is part of what I am."
The spirit smiled quite pleased with herself about that.
"I can understand there are things not under your domain that you can not control, this concept is known to me Craftsman."
He nodded, "Your wisdom and understanding is truly great."

"This is acceptable though when I am forced to act I will have to leave here and activate the woman who call herself Abigail's wards as that is her closest trap, I can not remain and help."
The spirit said she did not particularly seam to care about the Node she only care about her child and fulfilling her orders.
He nodded, "Excellent."

"What is attempt? What is investigate? I do not understand Craftsman."
The spirit said she sounded irritated.
He nodded, "I beg forgiveness... An attempt is when we do something, but cannot be certain of success. We still seek to succeed until the very end, but we do not know it in advance. And investigate, it is when incarnate beings like myself, who are greatly limited in what we can know immediately, go to gain the knowledge we need. What this means is that we will send Sleepers to the recycling facility that is your domain, and they will work to find names of the ones who corrupt it, and punish them for it."

((OOC: Mia takes great exception to being likened to a hippo. She is a fine and noble lady, and not a ton-and-a-half pachyderm. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:46 pm

Colin nodded, "A very good point. I do find the current Pope likable, and while there are some stances of the Catholic Church I disagree with, it's the one denomination I know which consistently has such a stand for prayer candles, to offer hope, consolation and a moment of quiet reflection to its flock. Far better than the so-called Mega-Churches in this country, which I would gladly see taken apart brick by brick, and their ridiculous fortunes scattered to the four winds... Of course, if I find some better suited place for it - perhaps a small shrine in an airport, for example, then I might pick that instead."

"I agree, there is still magick to be found in the Catholic church but also greed and abuse of power, it is from Rome for good or ill but yes it is far better than the mage churches or the Technocracy based Protestantism, any place where such a memorial might be left undisturbed in a place of reverence will do though."
The ancient maga said and nodded.

He smiled, "I am fully aware that it may well touch upon the conditions of your orders, and I am pleased the matter does not cause you undue distress."

"It do not cause me distress Craftsman."
The spirit said simply.

He bowed, "I beg your forgiveness for this lack of clarity. The laws of Sleepers work like the orders you were given, not like the laws that govern your kind and the world; just like you must trigger the one called Abigail's trap if you learn that the conditions are met, so there are Sleepers who must punish the Sleepers who meet the conditions laid out in Sleeper laws. One such condition about pollution is being triggered in your domain, and now that it is known, the Sleepers who will punish the guilty must be informed and act on this. Does that explanation satisfy you?"

"It do satisfy me and these incarnate beings who are under orders to punish the ones that make my domain unbalanced, they will restore the balance of my plant?"
The Umbrood Lord asked she still looked a bit confused but she could grasp what you where saying, if just barely.
"Incarnate beings are certainly most peculiar."

He nodded, "Your wisdom and understanding is truly great."

The spirit seamed pleased with the praise.
"Yes it is."
She said and smiled contentedly.

He nodded, "I beg forgiveness... An attempt is when we do something, but cannot be certain of success. We still seek to succeed until the very end, but we do not know it in advance.

"How can you not know in advance Craftsman, everything happens now?"
The spirit asked she was getting confused and irritated again and her glass shard eyes glared at you.
"Speak so I can understand!"

And investigate, it is when incarnate beings like myself, who are greatly limited in what we can know immediately, go to gain the knowledge we need. What this means is that we will send Sleepers to the recycling facility that is your domain, and they will work to find names of the ones who corrupt it, and punish them for it."

"Ah this I can understand, yes I have understood that incarnate beings do not come into being complete...you learn, a most strange concept, you begin as fresh materials from my plant and then get built, very well I would like those who corrupt my domain punished, this pleases me."
The Umbrood Lord announced as she nodded in agreement.

(OOC: Off course, off course I do hope the grand lady forgive me. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:21 pm

"I agree, there is still magick to be found in the Catholic church but also greed and abuse of power, it is from Rome for good or ill but yes it is far better than the mage churches or the Technocracy based Protestantism, any place where such a memorial might be left undisturbed in a place of reverence will do though."
The ancient maga said and nodded.
Colin smiled, "I did not consider the literal magic of the Church, as such. Just the silent, consistent act of reminiscence and hope that happens at those candle stands every day. There is power in the acts of Sleepers, too, after all..."

"It do satisfy me and these incarnate beings who are under orders to punish the ones that make my domain unbalanced, they will restore the balance of my plant?"
The Umbrood Lord asked she still looked a bit confused but she could grasp what you where saying, if just barely.
"Incarnate beings are certainly most peculiar."
He nodded, "They will stop the addition of further corruption, and commence with cleanup work. And yes, incarnate beings are strange, wonderful creatures like that."

"How can you not know in advance Craftsman, everything happens now?"
The spirit asked she was getting confused and irritated again and her glass shard eyes glared at you.
"Speak so I can understand!"
He nodded, "It is a flaw of incarnation. Everything happens now, but we are bound to sequence - like how the materials that come to your plant must be sorted and treated before they can become dirt and bottles and cans and building materials. In the same way, incarnated beings cannon know the result of an action before the action is performed. It is both a blessing and a curse; a convenience and an inconvenience, but it is what it is."

"Ah this I can understand, yes I have understood that incarnate beings do not come into being complete...you learn, a most strange concept, you begin as fresh materials from my plant and then get built, very well I would like those who corrupt my domain punished, this pleases me."
The Umbrood Lord announced as she nodded in agreement.
He bowed, "Then we have an agreement?"

((OOC: Very well... This time. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:10 pm

Colin smiled, "I did not consider the literal magic of the Church, as such. Just the silent, consistent act of reminiscence and hope that happens at those candle stands every day. There is power in the acts of Sleepers, too, after all..."

"Sleepers have magick to young man, their sleeping souls stir in their slumber at times, and yes there are power and hope at such a prayer stand, it would be a good place for the memorial I think."
Crexia said with a small smile.

He nodded, "They will stop the addition of further corruption, and commence with cleanup work. And yes, incarnate beings are strange, wonderful creatures like that."

"Very well, these incarnate people will then clean up my domain, return it to balance? That would please me."
The Umbrood Lord said then she scowled at you.
"Your kind are strange and confusing I would not call that wonderful."

He nodded, "It is a flaw of incarnation. Everything happens now, but we are bound to sequence - like how the materials that come to your plant must be sorted and treated before they can become dirt and bottles and cans and building materials. In the same way, incarnated beings cannon know the result of an action before the action is performed. It is both a blessing and a curse; a convenience and an inconvenience, but it is what it is."

"I think I understand Craftsman...are you saying a new can from material made at my domain will not know as it is being made if it will have flaws in it? But how can it not know, it is both new material and a finished can at once?"
The spirit said still very confused.
"If you do not know...are you not afraid?"

He bowed, "Then we have an agreement?"

"We do..."
The Umbrood said and nodded her consent.
"We have an agreement Craftsman."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:24 pm

"Very well, these incarnate people will then clean up my domain, return it to balance? That would please me."
The Umbrood Lord said then she scowled at you.
"Your kind are strange and confusing I would not call that wonderful."
Colin smiled apologetically, "Well, I cannot dispute that we are strange and confusing as well. But yes, these incarnates will start cleaning up your domain. They might not finish, but others will."

"I think I understand Craftsman...are you saying a new can from material made at my domain will not know as it is being made if it will have flaws in it? But how can it not know, it is both new material and a finished can at once?"
The spirit said still very confused.
"If you do not know...are you not afraid?"
He tilted his head slightly to the side, "The can may know; it is not an incarnate creature... but the incarnate being that makes it will not know until the materials are shaped into a new can."
He smiled, "And of course I am afraid. But incarnate beings can learn to control their fear - and not knowing whether we will succeed or fail, live or die... it can give us the strength to keep fighting far beyond the point where we could still survive, so long as we still have a chance to win."

"We do..."
The Umbrood said and nodded her consent.
"We have an agreement Craftsman."
He smiled, "Excellent. I wish you good health, then, and bid you good day."
He turned on his heel and nodded to Rosario, "She will not interfere with us, and will not touch the portal. Hit it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:14 am

Colin smiled apologetically, "Well, I cannot dispute that we are strange and confusing as well. But yes, these incarnates will start cleaning up your domain. They might not finish, but others will."

"Good, that please me, with my domain cleansed I will be better balanced, the way I should be."
The Umbrood said and nodded she seamed content with this reply.

He tilted his head slightly to the side, "The can may know; it is not an incarnate creature... but the incarnate being that makes it will not know until the materials are shaped into a new can."

"A can do not move but it is physical, it is the incarnate form of an idea, a concept."
The Umbrood protested.
"And everything have a mind of sorts Craftsman, it is very much a incarnate being, the question still remain whatever it is the can or the being who crafts it, how can they not know, created and not created are just stated in the now, they are not different."

He smiled, "And of course I am afraid. But incarnate beings can learn to control their fear - and not knowing whether we will succeed or fail, live or die... it can give us the strength to keep fighting far beyond the point where we could still survive, so long as we still have a chance to win."

"That seam to me to be an awful way to exist, not knowing, not in the now, but I guess such is your function Craftsman but I do not understand."
The Umbrood Lord said she seamed quite confused as she regarded you at least she did not appear to be angry this time.

He smiled, "Excellent. I wish you good health, then, and bid you good day."

The spirit regarded you with her glass shard eyes and nodded.
"Thank you, I wish for you to be able to fulfil your function in sequence before your physical shell break down and rot."
She replied and smiled.

He turned on his heel and nodded to Rosario, "She will not interfere with us, and will not touch the portal. Hit it."

The Cultist who was standing there talking with Adley did not hesitate she threw the marble against the rack as hard as she could and the small, colorful pottery bead shattered into a handful of shards, at the same time there was an almost howling sound, it was as if something screamed from far away, something that should not be not exist, and a sort of wind blew around the Node chamber and disturbed some of the bones that lay scattered around and then, there was silence. Rosario took a deep breath and glanced around.
"Did that do it? Did we disable to portal?"
She asked a bit nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:24 am

"Yes please do so, I would want her to be safe. Thank you Sodalis." Crexia said. You got over to Rosario, the Node chamber was no more plesant up close with mangled bodies in various stages of decay strewn about and the poor, tortured woman on the rack who had a look in her eyes that made Susannah appear practically lively. Rosario looked at you there where tears in her eyes and she was holding onto that marble. "It is all to much." She muttered.

Adley gave the unknown woman a sad look and then put his hand out towards Rosario. "Here, let us move aside for the moment until it is clear what our next action is going to be, just in case," he offered, trying to draw her attention somewhat from the horrible node. "It is much," he agreed in a different tone of voice, remembering how upset Cara had been just earlier, how upset they all had been and were at the continual assault on them - it was taking a toll. Not everyone was trained to deal with stress like this and even he had never come across such a week as this one. Battles and skirmishes were not wars and he felt this week was more the latter, a week that felt like an eternity. So much had happened. "It is much, but we keep going so that we can ensure this will stop, that others won't have to suffer."

The Cultist who was standing there talking with Adley did not hesitate she threw the marble against the rack as hard as she could and the small, colorful pottery bead shattered into a handful of shards, at the same time there was an almost howling sound, it was as if something screamed from far away, something that should not be not exist, and a sort of wind blew around the Node chamber and disturbed some of the bones that lay scattered around and then, there was silence. Rosario took a deep breath and glanced around. "Did that do it? Did we disable to portal?"

He shivered at the feeling of the wind, the sound that he heard and then hazarded a glance at Crexia. It was clear that he too wondered if that had dispensed of the portal-trap...or something else.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:04 am

Adley gave the unknown woman a sad look and then put his hand out towards Rosario. "Here, let us move aside for the moment until it is clear what our next action is going to be, just in case," he offered, trying to draw her attention somewhat from the horrible node.

Rosario nodded and let you gently lead her to the side and a bit away from the Node.
"Yeah this is...not a good place to be."
She muttered and looked at the poor tortured woman and shook her head sadly her eyes was wide with the horror of it all.

"It is much," he agreed in a different tone of voice, remembering how upset Cara had been just earlier, how upset they all had been and were at the continual assault on them - it was taking a toll. Not everyone was trained to deal with stress like this and even he had never come across such a week as this one. Battles and skirmishes were not wars and he felt this week was more the latter, a week that felt like an eternity. So much had happened. "It is much, but we keep going so that we can ensure this will stop, that others won't have to suffer."

"Yes we have to continue...but I do not want to...I do not want to be here...I do not want my Mentor to be hurt or my sister to be in danger of being arrested...I do not want those two Quesitori to be dead...I do not want any of it...but you are right we have to continue so it will stop. We have the power to make a change and are obligated to use it."
The Cultist said softly she wiped a tear from her cheek.
"But yeah it is...much...it is so much, and it is so hard to just keep going through it all."
She whispered.

He shivered at the feeling of the wind, the sound that he heard and then hazarded a glance at Crexia. It was clear that he too wondered if that had dispensed of the portal-trap...or something else.

You see the Umbrood Lord who had been speaking with Colin suddenly turned and left, she was off to mess with Abigail's private wards. Crexia glanced at the Node and made the gestures for Intelligo and Vim then she nodded.
"I do think it is gone, a powerful rote was released and not brought into activation, I think we are same for now."
The old Hermetic said before she made her was towards the woman on the rack and gently put her hand to the side of her head while making several gestures with the other and she frowned deeply and shook her head.
"To bring her mind back...would be another injustice against her, all we can do now is let her rest..."
She said sadly and Rosario started sobbing again.
"Are there no one who can be saved on this damned expedition?"
She whispered in a shudder.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:44 am

"Yes we have to continue...but I do not want to...I do not want to be here...I do not want my Mentor to be hurt or my sister to be in danger of being arrested...I do not want those two Quesitori to be dead...I do not want any of it...but you are right we have to continue so it will stop. We have the power to make a change and are obligated to use it." The Cultist said softly she wiped a tear from her cheek. "But yeah it is...much...it is so much, and it is so hard to just keep going through it all."

"It's understandable, this is a horrible place and the harm that the Nephandi are causing is terrible but it will only not continue to be that way if we do something about it. For all that is terrible, at least we can spare others. We can make it through this place, together." He stood with her, holding her hand if she let him, keeping an ear on the conversation between Colin and the spirit, and looking out for danger until she was called to act.

Crexia glanced at the Node and made the gestures for Intelligo and Vim then she nodded. "I do think it is gone, a powerful rote was released and not brought into activation, I think we are same for now."

"Do you think that the Mistress is likely to know that the trap was unmade?" he asked. Then he waited for her to see if anything could be done for the woman, even if the answer seemed apparent.

"To bring her mind back...would be another injustice against her, all we can do now is let her rest..." She said sadly and Rosario started sobbing again. "Are there no one who can be saved on this damned expedition?" She whispered in a shudder.

Adley looked at Crexia and said, "We can save one other and also all those that are counting on us...at least this woman will no longer suffer, and no one else will either to feed this fetid node." He shook his head. "We also need to consider what to do with our captive. I don't know if we can bring him with us through this place." He looked to Rosario and said, "Let's go see how the others fare..." He wasn't sure if the Cultist could handle watching another person die, even if it was a small mercy for them. And her friends would be able to give her more comfort than he, knowing her all the better.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:08 am

"A can do not move but it is physical, it is the incarnate form of an idea, a concept."
The Umbrood protested.
"And everything have a mind of sorts Craftsman, it is very much a incarnate being, the question still remain whatever it is the can or the being who crafts it, how can they not know, created and not created are just stated in the now, they are not different."
Colin nodded, "I'm sorry - the spirit of the can, as not a being of flesh, may know; I don't know for certain, but it seems it may be so. But the incarnate creator of the can, as a human, cannot know for certain before the can is in the created state in the sequence of things. It remains a limitation of living flesh, it seems."

"That seam to me to be an awful way to exist, not knowing, not in the now, but I guess such is your function Craftsman but I do not understand."
The Umbrood Lord said she seamed quite confused as she regarded you at least she did not appear to be angry this time.
He nodded, "Such is the function of incarnate humans - the price we pay, I suppose, for not being limited to be what we are. We are imperfect, but can improve ourselves in sequence, while your kind is perfect in the eternal now."

The spirit regarded you with her glass shard eyes and nodded.
"Thank you, I wish for you to be able to fulfil your function in sequence before your physical shell break down and rot."
She replied and smiled.
He nodded; that was possibly the best wishes he could get from such a spirit.

The Cultist who was standing there talking with Adley did not hesitate she threw the marble against the rack as hard as she could and the small, colorful pottery bead shattered into a handful of shards, at the same time there was an almost howling sound, it was as if something screamed from far away, something that should not be not exist, and a sort of wind blew around the Node chamber and disturbed some of the bones that lay scattered around and then, there was silence. Rosario took a deep breath and glanced around.
"Did that do it? Did we disable to portal?"
She asked a bit nervously.
He sniffed the air tentatively, and glanced around as if to check that the place looked like it still existed around him, "I think so."

You see the Umbrood Lord who had been speaking with Colin suddenly turned and left, she was off to mess with Abigail's private wards. Crexia glanced at the Node and made the gestures for Intelligo and Vim then she nodded.
"I do think it is gone, a powerful rote was released and not brought into activation, I think we are same for now."
"Do you think that the Mistress is likely to know that the trap was unmade?" he asked. Then he waited for her to see if anything could be done for the woman, even if the answer seemed apparent.
He frowned, "I'd not be surprised if she does... but then again, the spell was not hers, unlike her personal room's wards that the spirit is triggering, so she might not have sensed it... Cotta, however, would have sensed it if she were still alive, I'm sure."

The old Hermetic said before she made her was towards the woman on the rack and gently put her hand to the side of her head while making several gestures with the other and she frowned deeply and shook her head.
"To bring her mind back...would be another injustice against her, all we can do now is let her rest..."
She said sadly and Rosario started sobbing again.
"Are there no one who can be saved on this damned expedition?"
She whispered in a shudder.
Adley looked at Crexia and said, "We can save one other and also all those that are counting on us...at least this woman will no longer suffer, and no one else will either to feed this fetid node." He shook his head. "We also need to consider what to do with our captive. I don't know if we can bring him with us through this place." He looked to Rosario and said, "Let's go see how the others fare..." He wasn't sure if the Cultist could handle watching another person die, even if it was a small mercy for them. And her friends would be able to give her more comfort than he, knowing her all the better.
He nodded sadly to Crexia, then glanced at Adley and Rosario, "There's also the spirit's child... I committed us to come to its rescue after we've dealt with the Node and miss Carlyle; also, we must contact the EPA about the illegal dumping at the spirit's recycling facility. That's..."
He slapped his forehead, "Bugger, I forgot to ask where it is located! We'll have to find out... Hum, perhaps the prisoner knows?"

He stepped inside the Node chamber and gave Crexia a small nod, drawing Jodelle's dagger and neatly cutting a lock of the poor victim's hair, wrapping it in his handkerchief for later, then gave the rack a careful look for a suitable piece that could be extracted - like a bolt or similar piece that wouldn't risk having a sharp point in his pocket - while he drew his pistol, gesturing for Adley to lead Rosario away from where she could see the door.
Then he looked up at Crexia, "Will you offer the last mercy, or shall I?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next