Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

5 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:43 pm

Chicago Now:

"I would not become Fallen, no. Nor would I purposefully seek out a spirit to graft to my avatar to make a weapon," he said. Of course...he'd had something of an accident and had a seeking, where he saw the spirit he carried whole again. And seeing what the outcomes could be were unnerving, seeing the state of the avatar before him, especially at the heels of the quiet he fell into. It was not something to seek out, that was for sure - but he hoped that his circumstance would lead to a different outcome, as it had happened under different circumstances. So much had happened, but he would not wish to harm his avatar.

"Good...protect her..."
The abomination said almost softly.
"You do not want her to suffer my fate."
The warned as it looked at you.

"I don't know," he admitted. "But let me speak with it," he said, wondering if she could hear it too. "It may be that once the spirit part is removed it will go back within Matty's soul where it ought to be."

"That is actually a somewhat likely outcome, that it will return to Miss Carlyle's soul if we manage to remove the spirit parts of it."
Crexia agreed.
"Very well as it seams to listen to you, see what you can arrange with it."

"The avatar is telling me that it does not wish to reincarnate and take its crimes to another host, it says it would rather be shattered and forever lost in the spirit realms than continue to live as a blasphemy in agony. It wishes...it to be over, but that it would like to die as itself. As much itself as it can be, without that spirit attached to it," he relayed to Crexia, sounding sad for the avatar's state. "It feels that some crimes cannot be forgiven and death is the only mercy left."

The old archmage sigh.
"We will try to grant it's request to die as itself...afterwards, well I would be tempted to capture Miss Carlyle and bring her to Horizon, performing the rite here is not idea, but if this soul is surrendering...how it's host will be treated on Horizon is not kind...anyway capturing it is only viable if we manage to banish that spirit and if that cause it to return to the host's soul."
Crexia said softly.
"I would not want to see her harmed and degraded...and once I...am no more I want my host to have the choice between an end to her own existence and continued life."
The Avatar said, you are not so sure Crexia heard it for she did not reply to it, then again she had spoken to it earlier.

He shook his head, frowning sadly, "I can't do that, I'm afraid - that would be signing my own sentence."

"I don't want this...I do not want to loose my magick like my Mentor did!"
The Nephanda screamed in panic as she backed away.

He looked down shamefully, "I'm sorry, but I don't have any good alternatives. I can't fetch your Mentor, and I can't let you escape..."

"Please let me go...please...please..."
Matty begged she shook her head.
"I want my Mentor...I want him back!"

He pocketed the gun again with a frown and uncoiled the rope with the magic restraints, and took a careful step toward Matty, "I know your pain, and I am sorry... Would you please hold up your hands? I won't use the hooks, just tie the rope securely..."

Matty held out her hands she was still bleeding from when you shot her gun out of her hand but she hardly seamed to be noticing.
"It don't matter if you use the hooks...pain don't matter anymore."
She muttered, her voice hopeless and resigned.
"It just don't matter."

Horizon Future:

Colin nodded, "I disarmed myself and sent the others ahead. I had good reason, and I would likely have done the same again, if I deemed it necessary. At the time, there was a medical emergency, no more room in the car, and my gun was loaded with Primium rounds. Plus, my carrying permit was not yet in order. I made the on the spot decision to send the others home with the wounded captive, and took the long route home by way of a pub where I could catch the news of the conflagration that had taken place. Hiding in plain sight like that is easier than one might think, but he considered it excessive risk. I disagreed, but did not protest the punishment, as he is indisputably senior to me, and more experienced in this war."

"I understand...I...am way to stressed and scared right not to be able to take any sides in that Mentor...but I think Master Morgan do what he do according to what he think is best for Chantry Steelhaven, he is a good man."
Anna said and smiled weakly.
"The Traditions would be better if we had more leaders like him."

He nodded, "It depends on whether it is clumped with itself or fused with her tissues... Might be possible to exclude it by virtue of how inert it is... But yes. Let's go."

"Like I said I do not know what possibilities we have I am not an expert on Primium, the problem is that for example teleporting it out will be hard since it resists magick."
Helen said and sigh.
"I could call in some experts but I do not know what options are available..."
She added and she sounded very concerned.

He gently put Anna down on the sofa, and smiled softly at her, "I'm positive. I trust doctor Mossly with my life - more importantly, I trust her with yours. I'm going to take a few steps over to that desk while she gets the plastic tube out and covers the little puncture. I won't be more than two meters away, okay, sweetie? Only a minute."

Anna first looked very afraid and she held onto your hand tightly, but then she slowly let go.
"Ok...I guess but you can't go further than I can see you...please mentor..."
She begged and looked at you. Helen nodded.
"Your teacher will only be a few feet away child, now please may I tend to your arm, I promise it will not hurt."
She said softly, your student hesitated then she nodded she gave you a concerned look though as Helen sat down next to her and gently started tending to the girl's arm.
"Jurgen will show you the scans and explain them to you."
Helen said and nodded towards her lanky assistant who still stood over by the desk he had clearly been ordered to not crowd Anna so he would not scare her.
"I will take care of Anna in the meantime, she will be fine..."
The healer promised then she glanced over at you.
"Oh and Mr Wainwright, if you will actually remember this conversation in the past tell Dr Lee to get you a spool of this plastic tubing from the medical supplier, it is not cheap but perhaps if introduced to it while she is calm, hell give her the spool and crafting tools...let her play with it, perhaps then she will not see this as a needle and if then in the future if something have to be done, once the...insertion is completed, which will be terrible with her fear but once that is over perhaps she can then stand to keep the caterer in, it would make things simpler for everyone."
She advices before she returned to her task of tending to Anna.

(OOC: Thank you Strife it was fun. I saw Logan with my husband over pizza today. Warp how much do that card game and the expansion cost? I have saved up a bit for a MtG squirrel deck I might get that game instead.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 16 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:18 am

Horizon, future:
"I understand...I...am way to stressed and scared right not to be able to take any sides in that Mentor...but I think Master Morgan do what he do according to what he think is best for Chantry Steelhaven, he is a good man."
Anna said and smiled weakly.
"The Traditions would be better if we had more leaders like him."
Colin grinned, "If there were more leaders like him, we might be able to gain a stronger position in the war... Secure our own first, and then start gaining territory carefully."

"Like I said I do not know what possibilities we have I am not an expert on Primium, the problem is that for example teleporting it out will be hard since it resists magick."
Helen said and sigh.
"I could call in some experts but I do not know what options are available..."
She added and she sounded very concerned.
He nodded, "I was thinking of teleporting her and leaving the Primium behind, if at all possible... I know a couple of Masters who might have a few ideas in that respect."

Anna first looked very afraid and she held onto your hand tightly, but then she slowly let go.
"Ok...I guess but you can't go further than I can see you...please mentor..."
She begged and looked at you. Helen nodded.
"Your teacher will only be a few feet away child, now please may I tend to your arm, I promise it will not hurt."
She said softly, your student hesitated then she nodded she gave you a concerned look though as Helen sat down next to her and gently started tending to the girl's arm.
"Jurgen will show you the scans and explain them to you."
Helen said and nodded towards her lanky assistant who still stood over by the desk he had clearly been ordered to not crowd Anna so he would not scare her.
"I will take care of Anna in the meantime, she will be fine..."
The healer promised then she glanced over at you.
"Oh and Mr Wainwright, if you will actually remember this conversation in the past tell Dr Lee to get you a spool of this plastic tubing from the medical supplier, it is not cheap but perhaps if introduced to it while she is calm, hell give her the spool and crafting tools...let her play with it, perhaps then she will not see this as a needle and if then in the future if something have to be done, once the...insertion is completed, which will be terrible with her fear but once that is over perhaps she can then stand to keep the caterer in, it would make things simpler for everyone."
She advices before she returned to her task of tending to Anna.
He smiled to Anna, giving her a light pat on the shoulder, "No further than two or three strides away, I promise."
Giving Helen a nod, he added, "Remembering the tubing should be an easy feat - and it would make things easier, if we could use syringes without needles... I will make sure to ask him."
He sighed and stepped over to the desk, looking over the screens with a frown, "So, Jurgen, can you give me a condensed version I can relate to the medical staff five years ago?"

Chicago, now:
Matty held out her hands she was still bleeding from when you shot her gun out of her hand but she hardly seamed to be noticing.
"It don't matter if you use the hooks...pain don't matter anymore."
She muttered, her voice hopeless and resigned.
"It just don't matter."
Colin gently bound Matty's hands and sighed softly, "I'm sorry, but in that regard, I disagree... I may not have the luxury of letting you go, but I am still compelled to minimize suffering. Now, if I may have a look at your hand - I'm no doctor, but I think I can at least see how bad it is..."

((OOC: Oh, Logan is a good conclusion of the X-Men series. As for the game, I think it was about 500 for the base game, and about 120 per expansion. By the looks of it, there are 4 expansions, or the fourth is right around the corner. I got 1-3 when I bought the game. Smile
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:49 am

"Good...protect her..." The abomination said almost softly. "You do not want her to suffer my fate."

"No, I do not want her to suffer. Nor does she...we will have to try to advise one another...and protect one another as best we are able. I will remember, when I want revenge, to think of the costs..."

"That is actually a somewhat likely outcome, that it will return to Miss Carlyle's soul if we manage to remove the spirit parts of it." Crexia agreed. "Very well as it seams to listen to you, see what you can arrange with it."

"Yes ma'am."

"We will try to grant it's request to die as itself...afterwards, well I would be tempted to capture Miss Carlyle and bring her to Horizon, performing the rite here is not idea, but if this soul is surrendering...how it's host will be treated on Horizon is not kind...anyway capturing it is only viable if we manage to banish that spirit and if that cause it to return to the host's soul."
"I would not want to see her harmed and degraded...and once I...am no more I want my host to have the choice between an end to her own existence and continued life."

"The avatar requests that Matty gets to choose to end her life or continue to live, that seems legal. Also it would not like her to be degraded, or harmed. From us I know she will not be treated poorly as a prisoner if they both surrender until the time comes for it to be...destroyed. Shall I tell it that we will try to banish this spirit from it, though it may cause distress to them both and cannot know the outcome of what that might entail and then try to grant it's request to die. We will try to minimize the harm that comes to Matty though she must answer for what has happened. Does this seem correct?" he asked. "Or am I getting the order incorrect, were you planning on attempting the banishment here and now?" he asked, seeking clarification.

"I surrender..." She muttered silently. "It...was so...beautiful..." She repeated several times

He felt a pang for them as Colin went to bind up the sobbing girl, pity and sadness for their loss. They had killed people, he had not forgotten - and the avatar was dangerous. But they too were victims.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:25 am

Horizon Future:

Colin grinned, "If there were more leaders like him, we might be able to gain a stronger position in the war... Secure our own first, and then start gaining territory carefully."

Anna nodded her agreement at that.
"Yes, he knows what he is doing and even when I was just a prisoner he always treated me fairly you know, he was never cruel to me, even if he insisted on that serum."
She said and sigh.

He nodded, "I was thinking of teleporting her and leaving the Primium behind, if at all possible... I know a couple of Masters who might have a few ideas in that respect."

"You would still need to affect the Primium I think...well like I said I am no expert my knowledge of such arts are limited so call in those Masters you know if you can and we will see what they say."
Helen said but she did look worried and she frowned a bit.

He smiled to Anna, giving her a light pat on the shoulder, "No further than two or three strides away, I promise."

Anna gave you a very tired smile and nodded.
"Yes Mentor..."
She looked like she might nod off at the spot she had expended allot of energy after all.

Giving Helen a nod, he added, "Remembering the tubing should be an easy feat - and it would make things easier, if we could use syringes without needles... I will make sure to ask him."

Helen nodded.
"Not to mention that if she tolerated the tubing I would in a situation like this have liked to leave it in for a little while until I knew there where no problem with the contrast fluid, no reaction, gone through her journal and seen what recommended tests where there that we have never gotten done, you can get six ot seven days out of one IV if you are lucky before it have to be changed and it is possible if you have someone with enough finesse to gently hold the wound open with magick and change the tube without using another needle, it would make things easier, we could stick her once and get quite a few things done...place one caterer at the start of her trial so each time the persecutors demanded and update on her health blood could be drawn from it so one would not have to traumatize her again and again, but then she need to accept the tubing and not be afraid of it which require time when she is not afraid and stressed."
Helen said and Anna looked a little worried and the healer smiled to her.
"No one will try to talk you into keeping it in longer right now though do not worry child."

He sighed and stepped over to the desk, looking over the screens with a frown, "So, Jurgen, can you give me a condensed version I can relate to the medical staff five years ago?"

Jurgen Alm nodded, you knew the man he had worked on Freddy many a time, he was nice enough but shy and never talked much, he brought up images of the scan, you saw here and there little, tiny, tiny white flecks in Anna's brain and then a little ball on it right at her pineal glad. The young Etherine pointed at the little ball.
"Here and it is pressing on a vein..."
He said then he sigh.
"I worry for her life with that thing there Sir...but there are more concerning...aspects about this, but I do not know if I can show you, confidentiality and all..."
He said and hesitated.

Chicago now:

Colin gently bound Matty's hands and sighed softly, "I'm sorry, but in that regard, I disagree... I may not have the luxury of letting you go, but I am still compelled to minimize suffering. Now, if I may have a look at your hand - I'm no doctor, but I think I can at least see how bad it is..."

"What you are doing it worrying about a patient stubbing her toe when she is on her way in to have her limbs sawn off without any anesthetic, but I guess it is fine enough."
Matty muttered then she nodded.
"Very well you can see."
She whispered and held her bound hands up to you. The index and middle finger of her right hand where broken badly, at least one knuckle was crushed and there was several breaks on the small bones of the hand itself one of them where jutting out of her skin and she was bleeding quite a bit.
"It is really just a slight distraction from the pain I am in since the last attempt to...well you know."
The Nephanda said in a tired tone of voice.

"No, I do not want her to suffer. Nor does she...we will have to try to advise one another...and protect one another as best we are able. I will remember, when I want revenge, to think of the costs..."

The Avatar looked at your for a moment then finally it spoke.
"Good."

"The avatar requests that Matty gets to choose to end her life or continue to live, that seems legal.

"That is legal and tell it I will make sure of it, if the girl wish to die I will make sure it is as quick and painless as possible and if she wish to live I will see to it that she is given the best of care...at least I can promise that much."
Crexia said and nodded.

Also it would not like her to be degraded, or harmed. From us I know she will not be treated poorly as a prisoner if they both surrender until the time comes for it to be...destroyed. Shall I tell it that we will try to banish this spirit from it, though it may cause distress to them both and cannot know the outcome of what that might entail and then try to grant it's request to die.

"She will not be treated poorly as long as I am in command and she will not be treated poorly at Morningstar, if we bring her to Horizon though...they are not kind to prisoner and tradition dictate she will be brought in for the ritual naked before the onlookers."
Crexia said and frowned.
"And yet they can do it so much quicker and easier than I can with one more Master and a handful of assistants that thankfully have no idea what they are doing."
She added then she said.
"Yes tell it we will try to banish the spirit, and I am pretty sure that will hurt both it and Miss Carlyle but we will try to be as gentle as we can, then we will take it from there, I can promise good treatment as long as the girl is under my authority but after that it is out of my hands."

We will try to minimize the harm that comes to Matty though she must answer for what has happened. Does this seem correct?" he asked. "Or am I getting the order incorrect, were you planning on attempting the banishment here and now?" he asked, seeking clarification.

"Considering what will happen to Miss Carlyle I do think that is punishment enough...we will try the banishment now we can not bring that Avatar along as it is, right now it seams to have been made docile by whatever it was you did to it, but we do not know how long that will last. We do the banishment as for Gilgul that I would rather not want to attempt again here without a proper set up with assistants unless I absolutely have to."
Crexia said and nodded.
"But we have to try to make it a normal Avatar we can not take the risk of it turning on us."

(OOC: Thank you I have to see about getting that game, something new for the gaming group.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:30 pm

"She will not be treated poorly as long as I am in command and she will not be treated poorly at Morningstar, if we bring her to Horizon though...they are not kind to prisoner and tradition dictate she will be brought in for the ritual naked before the onlookers."
Crexia said and frowned.

"It should not be a spectator sport," he said with a frown. "She is still a girl and the reasons for why she has done this are evident. I would not like to continue the cycle that induced someone to such desperation. She will be punished for what she did, and it will be the strongest punishment. Considering what happened to her mentor can it not be advocated she be allowed what dignity she may have, for surrendering?" he asked.

"And yet they can do it so much quicker and easier than I can with one more Master and a handful of assistants that thankfully have no idea what they are doing." She added then she said.

He nodded at that. And, it would take time they did not have, affect morale and they were already tired...

"Yes tell it we will try to banish the spirit, and I am pretty sure that will hurt both it and Miss Carlyle but we will try to be as gentle as we can, then we will take it from there, I can promise good treatment as long as the girl is under my authority but after that it is out of my hands."

"Very well."

"Considering what will happen to Miss Carlyle I do think that is punishment enough...we will try the banishment now we can not bring that Avatar along as it is, right now it seams to have been made docile by whatever it was you did to it, but we do not know how long that will last. We do the banishment as for Gilgul that I would rather not want to attempt again here without a proper set up with assistants unless I absolutely have to." Crexia said and nodded. "But we have to try to make it a normal Avatar we can not take the risk of it turning on us."

"Yes, ma'am." He turned to the avatar, "We think it would be best to try to remove the spirit from you here, then take her back with us to the chantry in our custody, if you return to your normal level, within Matty's soul. From there she will see trial as she has surrendered. While Matty is in the care of the group here at when taken back to the chantry, she will not be treated poorly. However, the trial proceedings that will follow due to what she has done are out of our hands. Know that the soul-rending rite is the sentence for Fallen and so your wish to be ended should be granted there. If we are able, we will ask her to be given as much dignity as possible there and she will be given the choice to live or die afterward. Yet, the Masters there are best equipped to give that rite the quickest and thereby spare both of you much suffering. If we do it here, it will be painful and dangerous. But let us first see if we can make you more as you should be, on the right plane, and banish this foul thing bound to you. This banishment may hurt; we do not know the exact outcome of what will happen to you, but we hope that it will return you to Matty's soul and that until the time your request is granted, you will have these remembrances to share together. Will you allow us to do this?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:58 pm

"It should not be a spectator sport," he said with a frown. "She is still a girl and the reasons for why she has done this are evident. I would not like to continue the cycle that induced someone to such desperation. She will be punished for what she did, and it will be the strongest punishment. Considering what happened to her mentor can it not be advocated she be allowed what dignity she may have, for surrendering?" he asked.

Udella spoke up, there where sadness and bitterness in her voice.
"Punishments in the Traditions have always been a public spectacle, serious or minor it do not matter the public shaming element are a part of it...and with Master Teomim the practice to lead a condemned mage naked into the Main Sentencing Hall begun...it can be hard to break with that but a good advocate can certainly try to argue for Miss Carlyle being allowed to keep her dignity."
The old Quesitor said.
"I know a few times when widderslaintes have been very young and it was not taken care of in the field as it where but rather the young Fallen was taken to Horizon then the Hall have been closed and they have been allowed to keep their clothes on so there is some precedence...but for a Nephanda...I doubt if such mercy will be shown unfortunately...and you are right Sodalis it should not be a spectator sport..."

"Yes, ma'am." He turned to the avatar, "We think it would be best to try to remove the spirit from you here, then take her back with us to the chantry in our custody, if you return to your normal level, within Matty's soul. From there she will see trial as she has surrendered. While Matty is in the care of the group here at when taken back to the chantry, she will not be treated poorly. However, the trial proceedings that will follow due to what she has done are out of our hands.

"I...would not want my host mistreated...she is a scared child, she have committed crimes but do not deserve to be hurt more than...what she have to be by my destruction."
The Avatar said it seamed very concerned over Matty's fate.

Know that the soul-rending rite is the sentence for Fallen and so your wish to be ended should be granted there.

"Thank you."
The tormented creature whispered and there was a sense of relief about it.

If we are able, we will ask her to be given as much dignity as possible there and she will be given the choice to live or die afterward. Yet, the Masters there are best equipped to give that rite the quickest and thereby spare both of you much suffering. If we do it here, it will be painful and dangerous.

"Thank you...I know she is an enemy...that I am en enemy but I wish to protect her."
The Avatar said then it looked at you.
"For me now or later do not matter, I have little sense of time, I know it exist...she relate to time, but I have no feeling of it, if she will suffer less at the place you speak of that is acceptable to me."

But let us first see if we can make you more as you should be, on the right plane, and banish this foul thing bound to you. This banishment may hurt; we do not know the exact outcome of what will happen to you, but we hope that it will return you to Matty's soul and that until the time your request is granted, you will have these remembrances to share together. Will you allow us to do this?"

"I will allow this...and I would like to be more like I should be and not this...thing. I would like to die as myself...pain do not worry me...but I worry for my host...I do not like to see her suffer as I do no longer know what suffering will guide her to greater understanding and which will just harm her...I can no longer see...I would like to share these memories with her...they are part of her as well."
The Avatar said it was calm now
"You have been kind to me Carrier of Fire, if this works I will no longer be able to speak with you for I will be a part of my host as I should be...so I will thank you now, I have nothing to replay you with save my gratitude though but at least I can offer that...in the presence of the lantern I feel more like myself and less destructive and the memories it have grated me are precious, until my request are granted I will not forget this kindness."
It said earnestly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:11 pm

Horizon, future:
Anna nodded her agreement at that.
"Yes, he knows what he is doing and even when I was just a prisoner he always treated me fairly you know, he was never cruel to me, even if he insisted on that serum."
She said and sigh.
Colin nodded, "I've never seen him cruel. Ruthless, yes, but not cruel."

"You would still need to affect the Primium I think...well like I said I am no expert my knowledge of such arts are limited so call in those Masters you know if you can and we will see what they say."
Helen said but she did look worried and she frowned a bit.
He nodded, "We'll have to see what can be done..."

Helen nodded.
"Not to mention that if she tolerated the tubing I would in a situation like this have liked to leave it in for a little while until I knew there where no problem with the contrast fluid, no reaction, gone through her journal and seen what recommended tests where there that we have never gotten done, you can get six ot seven days out of one IV if you are lucky before it have to be changed and it is possible if you have someone with enough finesse to gently hold the wound open with magick and change the tube without using another needle, it would make things easier, we could stick her once and get quite a few things done...place one caterer at the start of her trial so each time the persecutors demanded and update on her health blood could be drawn from it so one would not have to traumatize her again and again, but then she need to accept the tubing and not be afraid of it which require time when she is not afraid and stressed."
Helen said and Anna looked a little worried and the healer smiled to her.
"No one will try to talk you into keeping it in longer right now though do not worry child."
He frowned and nodded, "I know just the person to help from the start - a Verbena with centuries of knowledge and experience... If anyone can keep a vein open just enough to swap a little tube, without needless blood loss, I'd trust no one more. But first, deal with the fear of the tubing..."

Jurgen Alm nodded, you knew the man he had worked on Freddy many a time, he was nice enough but shy and never talked much, he brought up images of the scan, you saw here and there little, tiny, tiny white flecks in Anna's brain and then a little ball on it right at her pineal glad. The young Etherine pointed at the little ball.
"Here and it is pressing on a vein..."
He said then he sigh.
"I worry for her life with that thing there Sir...but there are more concerning...aspects about this, but I do not know if I can show you, confidentiality and all..."
He said and hesitated.
He frowned at the screen, "Everywhere, but that lump... that's huge..."
He arched an eyebrow at Jurgen, "I am the only one she has. I never found her father, her mother died when she was a toddler, I am her Mentor, and she is not yet of age. Plus, I can take this into the past and try to prevent this entirely, so... show me."

Chicago, now:
"What you are doing it worrying about a patient stubbing her toe when she is on her way in to have her limbs sawn off without any anesthetic, but I guess it is fine enough."
Matty muttered then she nodded.
"Very well you can see."
She whispered and held her bound hands up to you. The index and middle finger of her right hand where broken badly, at least one knuckle was crushed and there was several breaks on the small bones of the hand itself one of them where jutting out of her skin and she was bleeding quite a bit.
"It is really just a slight distraction from the pain I am in since the last attempt to...well you know."
The Nephanda said in a tired tone of voice.
He looked at her hand with a frown, "I suppose you are right, to an extent - but all the same, I am compelled to succour where I can. As far as I can, I will try to ensure you are left with as much dignity as possible."
He glanced over toward Crexia, "Do we still have a healer available? Her hand is rather badly broken, I fear, and is bleeding a bit more than I am comfortable with."

((OOC: Well, if we arrange a get-together, say next week, I could bring it for a quick game or two - it's for 3-5 players. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Horizon Future:

Colin nodded, "I've never seen him cruel. Ruthless, yes, but not cruel."

Anna nodded at that.
"Yes he can be ruthless...I remember that attack when all went to shit when aunt Beatrice died...I saw Master Morgan fight that day and it was scary...but he is not cruel he will not do more harm that he have to.

He nodded, "We'll have to see what can be done..."

Helen nodded at that.

He frowned and nodded, "I know just the person to help from the start - a Verbena with centuries of knowledge and experience... If anyone can keep a vein open just enough to swap a little tube, without needless blood loss, I'd trust no one more. But first, deal with the fear of the tubing..."

"Hum...a Verbena yes such a small manipulation of the body should not be to hard for one of the Masters of Life, but yes we need to get her to not fear the tubing first, if we can get her mind to classify it as not a needle then we can work with that."
Helen said.

He frowned at the screen, "Everywhere, but that lump... that's huge..."
He arched an eyebrow at Jurgen, "I am the only one she has. I never found her father, her mother died when she was a toddler, I am her Mentor, and she is not yet of age. Plus, I can take this into the past and try to prevent this entirely, so... show me."

"Well it was more about similarities in the scans of other people. I know you are the young lady's Mentor and that you even gave her your surname, at least that is what is on file but there are other scans...that show similar things that might make the danger of that serum more...severe. Let us just say I will be writing a letter to Prima Hastings about this as soon as I get of duty, it is my Tradition that make that serum and what I have seen scare me..."
Jurgen said.
"Yes physically this is bad...left alone that lump...it could kill her...but there are things I have seen in other scans...belonging to other people if you can take this to the past, and that sound strange to me Mr Wainwright I have to say, but if you can do that then such a breach in confidentiality might be worth it, even if it is not a ethical thing to do without getting prior consent."
The Etherite said and he seamed quite conflicted.

Chicago Now:

He looked at her hand with a frown, "I suppose you are right, to an extent - but all the same, I am compelled to succour where I can. As far as I can, I will try to ensure you are left with as much dignity as possible."

Matty looked at you she seamed hopeless and scared.
"Dignity matter little considering...what I have done...and what will happen to me, well I guess it is a bit more comfortable not to be treated like shit but even so compared to it all it matters little."
She muttered.

He glanced over toward Crexia, "Do we still have a healer available? Her hand is rather badly broken, I fear, and is bleeding a bit more than I am comfortable with."

Crexia nodded and indicated Andy who replied to you with a wry grin.
"Yeah I am still available I have not died the last two minutes since you spoke to me last...I will take care of it."
The Verbena said as she quickly made her way over to Matty.
"Hello...let me see...hum...ok this might be a bit uncomfortable as bone and tissue have to knit itself back together but should not be to bad...may I heal you?"
Andy asked as she hunched down next to Matty. The Nephanda nodded and held out her hand. Andy took the ritual dagger out of her belt and with careful eyes on Matty in case the prisoner went for her weapons she carved new runes into her own arm then she held them gently over Matty's broken hand. The Nephanda whimpered a little and you heard the unsettling sound of bone and flesh unbreaking then Andy pulled her hands away and you saw Matty's hand was again perfect it was just a little puffy with fresh, pink skin in places.
"It might be a little sore for a few days, but take it easy and it should be fine."
Andy said as she rose back up and nodded to you.
"I could age the healed flesh to make it feel just like normal but the healing job will turn out better over time if her body is allowed to do that on it's own, it turns out more natural that way."
The Verbena said to you as she took out a rag from her pocket and cleaned of her knife before putting it back in her belt and then drawing runes in her own spilled blood to heal the cuts on her own arm.
"Anything else you need Sir?"

(OOC: That works for me, the only day I am busy is Thursday. Just make a post on the MtG group about it and which day works for you. we can have it here but as my husband is building a printer on the kitchen table it is better if one of the others have a place we can play but given a few days I can clean up here. Just make a post about the game what what day works for you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:51 pm

Horizon, future:
Anna nodded at that.
"Yes he can be ruthless...I remember that attack when all went to shit when aunt Beatrice died...I saw Master Morgan fight that day and it was scary...but he is not cruel he will not do more harm that he have to.
Colin frowned, "Yes... do you remember the date the Union attacked?"

"Hum...a Verbena yes such a small manipulation of the body should not be to hard for one of the Masters of Life, but yes we need to get her to not fear the tubing first, if we can get her mind to classify it as not a needle then we can work with that."
Helen said.
He nodded, "Somehow, I don't think that's going to be the greatest problem, actually... She's always been a clever and surprisingly resilient kid, and presenting the tubing in the right way first will be nothing but beneficial, I expect..."

"Well it was more about similarities in the scans of other people. I know you are the young lady's Mentor and that you even gave her your surname, at least that is what is on file but there are other scans...that show similar things that might make the danger of that serum more...severe. Let us just say I will be writing a letter to Prima Hastings about this as soon as I get of duty, it is my Tradition that make that serum and what I have seen scare me..."
Jurgen said.
"Yes physically this is bad...left alone that lump...it could kill her...but there are things I have seen in other scans...belonging to other people if you can take this to the past, and that sound strange to me Mr Wainwright I have to say, but if you can do that then such a breach in confidentiality might be worth it, even if it is not a ethical thing to do without getting prior consent."
The Etherite said and he seamed quite conflicted.
He frowned, "Ah, other people, that's a bit of a different ethical kettle of fish... Yes, perhaps it would be best to warn the Admiral about this at once - I give you formal permission to share these scans with her for that purpose. If you need me to sign anything for it, try to get that ready in the reception by the time I'm bringing Anna out..."
He pondered for a moment, "Those other scans, do you have the means to bring them up anonymously, so I won't see the patients' names? Also, if they are from within the past five years, I might be able to... ameliorate, or even prevent the harm they show... It's a hairy ethical issue, though, to consider if breaching confidentiality can prevent the damage from happening in the first place..."

Chicago, now:
Matty looked at you she seamed hopeless and scared.
"Dignity matter little considering...what I have done...and what will happen to me, well I guess it is a bit more comfortable not to be treated like shit but even so compared to it all it matters little."
She muttered.
He shook his head, "The ability to choose whether to protect or destroy an enemy's dignity and sense of self is what separates humans from animals. The choice we make is what separates the noble human from the ignoble monster. And there are far too many monsters out there..."

Crexia nodded and indicated Andy who replied to you with a wry grin.
"Yeah I am still available I have not died the last two minutes since you spoke to me last...I will take care of it."
The Verbena said as she quickly made her way over to Matty.
"Hello...let me see...hum...ok this might be a bit uncomfortable as bone and tissue have to knit itself back together but should not be to bad...may I heal you?"
Andy asked as she hunched down next to Matty. The Nephanda nodded and held out her hand. Andy took the ritual dagger out of her belt and with careful eyes on Matty in case the prisoner went for her weapons she carved new runes into her own arm then she held them gently over Matty's broken hand. The Nephanda whimpered a little and you heard the unsettling sound of bone and flesh unbreaking then Andy pulled her hands away and you saw Matty's hand was again perfect it was just a little puffy with fresh, pink skin in places.
"It might be a little sore for a few days, but take it easy and it should be fine."
Andy said as she rose back up and nodded to you.
"I could age the healed flesh to make it feel just like normal but the healing job will turn out better over time if her body is allowed to do that on it's own, it turns out more natural that way."
The Verbena said to you as she took out a rag from her pocket and cleaned of her knife before putting it back in her belt and then drawing runes in her own spilled blood to heal the cuts on her own arm.
"Anything else you need Sir?"
He smiled wryly to Andy, "I wasn't sure whether everyone else had been evacuated - things got a bit hectic there for a moment..."
He watched as Andy worked, keeping a wary eye on Matty's eyes and hands all the while, then nodded, "I don't suppose a small mouthful of brandy for the prisoner would be available? I think she might need one about now. Also..." He grimaced, fishing out the vial and a fresh syringe, "If I heard the senior lady correctly, miss Carlyle's Avatar will be returning to where it belongs after the baser spirit it is cobbled together with is excised. At which point a dose of this foul thing will be necessary. I would rather not use the barbed hooks on the rope - they're even less ethical..."

((OOC: Sounds like an idea. I'll be away at my parents' place Wednesday to Monday, so it won't be then, but I might try to arrange something after we're back home.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:45 pm

Horizon Future:

Colin frowned, "Yes... do you remember the date the Union attacked?"

"Ehm...let me think, it was right after we where back from France..."
Anna said and her brow knitted in concentration for a moment then she said
"It was the second of January...damned Union we lost so many that day, good people...we lost Bee."
She said sadly and shook her head.

He nodded, "Somehow, I don't think that's going to be the greatest problem, actually... She's always been a clever and surprisingly resilient kid, and presenting the tubing in the right way first will be nothing but beneficial, I expect..."

"Good...well giving her a spool so she can examine it in a way where she is not scare should do it then."
Helen said and nodded.

He frowned, "Ah, other people, that's a bit of a different ethical kettle of fish... Yes, perhaps it would be best to warn the Admiral about this at once - I give you formal permission to share these scans with her for that purpose. If you need me to sign anything for it, try to get that ready in the reception by the time I'm bringing Anna out..."

"Yes it is, on one side I want to give you as much ammunition as possible but at the same time I want our patients to be confident their information will not be shared. I will warn the Admiral, I will send a letter as soon as I am off my shift and thank you Sir I will have the paper work ready for you as you leave."
Jurgen said politely though the ethical dilemma was weighing on him.
"That I can show the Prima Miss Wainwright's scan do help allot for my chances of convincing her."

He pondered for a moment, "Those other scans, do you have the means to bring them up anonymously, so I won't see the patients' names? Also, if they are from within the past five years, I might be able to... ameliorate, or even prevent the harm they show... It's a hairy ethical issue, though, to consider if breaching confidentiality can prevent the damage from happening in the first place..."

Jurgen sigh he scratched his head and looked like he did not know exactly what to do.
"I can bring up the scans without showing the names of the patients Sir...ok listen let me tell you have I have observed and...you can tell me if it is worth breaking such an ethical boundary or not over...first of all the build up of Primium are seen exactly where those who have been...Gilgulled by the Union have injuries, the Avatars of these patients are fine though, but we did a few scans of some of their souls as well, they are closer to the host bodies than they should be...it is hard to explain and would not directly affect their magick...only that there are changes to the surrounding cells...ehm...do you see these strange areas here around the Primium in Anna's brain...they are dead but are still ehm working. There are a reason why the blood of a lich seam to be able to isolate this residue like attract like. I think the serum might be a modified or ineffective lichdom serum, and taking that without the will and without the proper rituals...it is doing something and it is not good."
The Etherite said and he looked at Anna with concerned eyes.
"It is bad Mr Wainwright...very bad."

Chicago Now:

He shook his head, "The ability to choose whether to protect or destroy an enemy's dignity and sense of self is what separates humans from animals. The choice we make is what separates the noble human from the ignoble monster. And there are far too many monsters out there..."

"We have not really had much of that kind of thinking in the Labyrinth, here it is more oh a prisoner playtime."
Matty said and shrugged.
"But like I said I guess your way is more comfortable for me."

He smiled wryly to Andy, "I wasn't sure whether everyone else had been evacuated - things got a bit hectic there for a moment..."

"No one have been evacuated yet as things did not get our of hand Sir but yeah it did get a bit hectic."
Andy agreed as she walked over to help Matty.

He watched as Andy worked, keeping a wary eye on Matty's eyes and hands all the while, then nodded, "I don't suppose a small mouthful of brandy for the prisoner would be available?

Matty stayed calm she looked broken and resigned only wincing a little now and again as Andy worked. The Verbena shrugged.
"I have no alcohol on me at the moment, wish I had, but I don't you can always ask around as see if anyone have any or can make any though."

Also..." He grimaced, fishing out the vial and a fresh syringe, "If I heard the senior lady correctly, miss Carlyle's Avatar will be returning to where it belongs after the baser spirit it is cobbled together with is excised. At which point a dose of this foul thing will be necessary. I would rather not use the barbed hooks on the rope - they're even less ethical..."

Crexia nodded.
"If and I do stress if we are able to banish the baser spirit we are hoping that the Avatar will return to Miss Carlyle and yes at that point she will need to be restrained magically."
The archmage said. Matty glanced at the serum and grimaced in disgust.
"I think I would prefer those hooks to that Technocracy filth!"
She spat.
"Bloody Union!"

(OOC: Sounds good find a day that works and just post about it, we have a board game group somewhere but more of the gaming group use the MtG forum so I am sure posting about it there works.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:19 am

Horizon, future:
"Ehm...let me think, it was right after we where back from France..."
Anna said and her brow knitted in concentration for a moment then she said
"It was the second of January...damned Union we lost so many that day, good people...we lost Bee."
She said sadly and shook her head.
Colin smiled thinly, "We did... and now we might not. Now I know the day of the attack. Which means that once I get home from Chicago... we can start drawing up plans for an ambush. Suddenly... we can change things up - save Beatrice, even, and give the Union a nasty surprise instead."

"Yes it is, on one side I want to give you as much ammunition as possible but at the same time I want our patients to be confident their information will not be shared. I will warn the Admiral, I will send a letter as soon as I am off my shift and thank you Sir I will have the paper work ready for you as you leave."
Jurgen said politely though the ethical dilemma was weighing on him.
"That I can show the Prima Miss Wainwright's scan do help allot for my chances of convincing her."
He nodded, "With luck, now, well, Old Man Wrinkle is going to be rather upset with me when I start breaking away from this timeline to one where things work out a little better than they did..."

Jurgen sigh he scratched his head and looked like he did not know exactly what to do.
"I can bring up the scans without showing the names of the patients Sir...ok listen let me tell you have I have observed and...you can tell me if it is worth breaking such an ethical boundary or not over...first of all the build up of Primium are seen exactly where those who have been...Gilgulled by the Union have injuries, the Avatars of these patients are fine though, but we did a few scans of some of their souls as well, they are closer to the host bodies than they should be...it is hard to explain and would not directly affect their magick...only that there are changes to the surrounding cells...ehm...do you see these strange areas here around the Primium in Anna's brain...they are dead but are still ehm working. There are a reason why the blood of a lich seam to be able to isolate this residue like attract like. I think the serum might be a modified or ineffective lichdom serum, and taking that without the will and without the proper rituals...it is doing something and it is not good."
The Etherite said and he looked at Anna with concerned eyes.
"It is bad Mr Wainwright...very bad."
He paled, dragging a hand down his face, "Bugger me... I don't need to see those scans after all - your description is accurate enough. It's not like I can draw the scans up when i remember them five years ago in any case, but the description... that's vivid and precise enough. A botched lichdom potion, that... would make sense. It's supposed to take about a day and a night before the lich rises where the Mage died, is it not? Bloody Union, this is... more horrific than I'd even imagined."

Chicago, now:
Crexia nodded.
"If and I do stress if we are able to banish the baser spirit we are hoping that the Avatar will return to Miss Carlyle and yes at that point she will need to be restrained magically."
The archmage said. Matty glanced at the serum and grimaced in disgust.
"I think I would prefer those hooks to that Technocracy filth!"
She spat.
"Bloody Union!"
He nodded, "I've recently learned much about how the bloody serum works... I can't disagree with that. It might be safe once or twice in a while, but... I would not want extended exposure. I will use the hooks instead, then."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:41 am

Horizon Future:

Colin smiled thinly, "We did... and now we might not. Now I know the day of the attack. Which means that once I get home from Chicago... we can start drawing up plans for an ambush. Suddenly... we can change things up - save Beatrice, even, and give the Union a nasty surprise instead."

Anna looked at you for a moment then she nodded and gave a determined smile.
"You think so Mentor?"
She asked.
"I would like for all of those people not to die...I would like for Bee not to die, she was always kind to me you know, she taught me to draw..."
The young mage muttered sadly.
"I can fight...on that day if only I am let out of my cell I can fight to defend the Chantry..."
She pleaded.
"I can be useful in a fight, ask the Nephandi...though I guess most of those who know me are dead now, or wish they where..."

He nodded, "With luck, now, well, Old Man Wrinkle is going to be rather upset with me when I start breaking away from this timeline to one where things work out a little better than they did..."

Jurgen frowned.
"Well pissing of Old Man Wrinkle is never wise but then again sometimes something is worth attracting such wrath, and if what have happened to your apprentice can be changed, and to others...this might just be one of those times when it is worth it."

He paled, dragging a hand down his face, "Bugger me... I don't need to see those scans after all - your description is accurate enough. It's not like I can draw the scans up when i remember them five years ago in any case, but the description... that's vivid and precise enough. A botched lichdom potion, that... would make sense. It's supposed to take about a day and a night before the lich rises where the Mage died, is it not? Bloody Union, this is... more horrific than I'd even imagined."

"Yeah for Hermetic liches at least it is one day and one night from the ritual is done until the lich rises, though an actual lich might be able to say with more certainty, they are pretty rare though...what I wonder is how the Union got their hands on such ancient magick that they have modified to fit their purposes? Well in either case the scan are rather clear on the matter the serum...is a botched lichdom potion and using it...I would not recommend it at least not for more than three days in a row at most..."
Jurgen said and shook his head and then you where back in the Labyrinth in Chicago you felt a bit faint for a few moments, confused and your head was spinning, you felt Andy's hand gently steadying you.
"Sir are you ok? You went pale for a moment."
The Verbena asked.

Chicago Now:

He nodded, "I've recently learned much about how the bloody serum works... I can't disagree with that. It might be safe once or twice in a while, but... I would not want extended exposure. I will use the hooks instead, then."

Matty nodded.
"Thank you Traditionalist, I have no idea how that serum work but I know it is Technocrazy magick and I do not want it in my body if I can avoid it, foul shit and I have fucked outsider spirits."
She said with no hit of shame Andy though frowned.
"Well now...ehm...are not that lovely...aaaaanyway we might have some painkillers somewhere that can help with the discomfort from those hooks you speak about Sir."
She said.
"It might make the prisoner more comfortable once the need for such restraints present itself."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:20 am

Anna looked at you for a moment then she nodded and gave a determined smile.
"You think so Mentor?"
She asked.
"I would like for all of those people not to die...I would like for Bee not to die, she was always kind to me you know, she taught me to draw..."
The young mage muttered sadly.
"I can fight...on that day if only I am let out of my cell I can fight to defend the Chantry..."
She pleaded.
"I can be useful in a fight, ask the Nephandi...though I guess most of those who know me are dead now, or wish they where..."
Colin frowned, "I think letting you out to help the effort would depend entirely on your health at that point - that, and whether or not I can convince the Deacon Council. The latter might be the easier part, though..."

Jurgen frowned.
"Well pissing of Old Man Wrinkle is never wise but then again sometimes something is worth attracting such wrath, and if what have happened to your apprentice can be changed, and to others...this might just be one of those times when it is worth it."
He nodded, "My wife and my apprentice don't quite agree with that stance, but it's nonetheless true - some things are worth that sacrifice."

"Yeah for Hermetic liches at least it is one day and one night from the ritual is done until the lich rises, though an actual lich might be able to say with more certainty, they are pretty rare though...what I wonder is how the Union got their hands on such ancient magick that they have modified to fit their purposes? Well in either case the scan are rather clear on the matter the serum...is a botched lichdom potion and using it...I would not recommend it at least not for more than three days in a row at most..."
Jurgen said and shook his head and then you where back in the Labyrinth in Chicago you felt a bit faint for a few moments, confused and your head was spinning, you felt Andy's hand gently steadying you.
"Sir are you ok? You went pale for a moment."
The Verbena asked.
He nodded, "The Union dates back to the middle ages - they would have had plenty of time to research any captured materials..."
He blinked at Andy, momentarily not sure whether he'd answered her or Jurgen, "...Ah, I'm fine; just remembered something from the next five years."
He turned to Udella and Crexia, "The serum is a failed experiment - the Technocrats tried to make a lichdom potion... the Primium in the serum accumulates in the brain, a CT scan with contrast fluid mixed with lich blood will light it up like a Christmas tree... it should never be used for more than three days at a time - never. I'll... elaborate later, when the fighting is done."

Matty nodded.
"Thank you Traditionalist, I have no idea how that serum work but I know it is Technocrazy magick and I do not want it in my body if I can avoid it, foul shit and I have fucked outsider spirits."
She said with no hit of shame Andy though frowned.
"Well now...ehm...are not that lovely...aaaaanyway we might have some painkillers somewhere that can help with the discomfort from those hooks you speak about Sir."
She said.
"It might make the prisoner more comfortable once the need for such restraints present itself."
He nodded, "I do know, and I know that it's reasonably safe for a day or two at the most, but it should be avoided if there are better options. Due to the pain the barbs induce, I'm not convinced they actually are a better option, but I won't fight you over that. Also, I'm afraid that qualifies as too much information... Er, just to be on the safe side, you're not expecting, are you? I've seen miss Jerkins' adorable little hellspawn, and I'd rather have advance warning if you're likely to go into labour while in custody..."
He nodded to Andy, "Painkillers might help... I'm not sure they will, but I think it will be worth a shot."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:50 am

"Punishments in the Traditions have always been a public spectacle, serious or minor it do not matter the public shaming element are a part of it...and with Master Teomim the practice to lead a condemned mage naked into the Main Sentencing Hall begun...it can be hard to break with that but a good advocate can certainly try to argue for Miss Carlyle being allowed to keep her dignity." The old Quesitor said. "I know a few times when widderslaintes have been very young and it was not taken care of in the field as it where but rather the young Fallen was taken to Horizon then the Hall have been closed and they have been allowed to keep their clothes on so there is some precedence...but for a Nephanda...I doubt if such mercy will be shown unfortunately...and you are right Sodalis it should not be a spectator sport..."

"Yet that logic is what in part has brought us to here. The Nephandi will exploit anything, in this case it was her care for her mentor, which also led her to harming her own avatar by investing it with spirit ephemera. We should at least be able to argue from that point of view as well as her age. We can at least she be provided with a good advocate who can understand this, true?"

"I...would not want my host mistreated...she is a scared child, she have committed crimes but do not deserve to be hurt more than...what she have to be by my destruction." The Avatar said it seamed very concerned over Matty's fate.

"This I understand. For all that she is an enemy and has harmed people, I do not wish her mistreated further than that punishment which she will face. I cannot promise you that I can change what has come before or the way these punishments are exacted before her time comes. But if it is allowed and if I am able, I will try to find her an advocate that may be able to voice these concerns that we share. Perhaps someone will be willing to stay with her, if that is allowed and if that is what she desires but I do not want to make false promises to you as we do not have control over what happens at Horizon. For all of that, it still remains that doing the rite here would likely bring much more pain than it would if it were handled by the Spirit Masters at Horizon," he said sadly.

"For me now or later do not matter, I have little sense of time, I know it exist...she relate to time, but I have no feeling of it, if she will suffer less at the place you speak of that is acceptable to me."

"She will likely suffer less from the pain of the rite than doing it here, due to a variety of factors, such as there will be a full team of qualified individuals rather than those assembled right here, in the middle of a labyrinth," he said to it. "First, we must see if we can help you find your way back into her soul to consider exactly what will happen next, but if you do, then she will be restrained, also from using magick and taken into our custody, as I explained before."

"You have been kind to me Carrier of Fire, if this works I will no longer be able to speak with you for I will be a part of my host as I should be...so I will thank you now, I have nothing to replay you with save my gratitude though but at least I can offer that...in the presence of the lantern I feel more like myself and less destructive and the memories it have grated me are precious, until my request are granted I will not forget this kindness."

"I am saddened that we cannot restore you. Yet I am thankful I was able to see this part of you, that there was something beyond pain and torment to know even if it means saying goodbye to you in the same breath as I say hello. It will stay with us, so that you will not be totally lost. I believe that someday that can be possible, for some at least. You do not need to repay me; this is what I am supposed to do. But I would like you to extend your gratitude to my friends here, who are with me," he said indicating the assembled tradition members around Matty. "If you feel pain, or sadness or anger, as we try this banishment remember this if you wish to lash out against us. And when she is taken to Horizon, waiting for the rite to be given, that you asked us for it to happen."

He wanted to ask why...thinking of Kyle and others who had been administrated the material...what had changed his mind so quickly and thoroughly that he thought using the snake cuffs were better. But as he had his hands full with conversing with the avatar and it went into the pile of things he needed to talk to Colin about.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:57 am

Colin frowned, "I think letting you out to help the effort would depend entirely on your health at that point - that, and whether or not I can convince the Deacon Council. The latter might be the easier part, though..."

Anna sigh and nodded.
"Yeah I remember being rather sick back then, I still want to fight though I want to protect my friends...in the past...ehm....shit this is confusing!"
She exclaimed.

He nodded, "My wife and my apprentice don't quite agree with that stance, but it's nonetheless true - some things are worth that sacrifice."

"My Mentor is not to pleased if I put myself in harms way either Mr Wainwright but sometimes one have to, something the goal is just important enough to warrant it."
Jurgen said and nodded.

He nodded, "The Union dates back to the middle ages - they would have had plenty of time to research any captured materials..."

"That is true enough, and they might see it as just some chemical compound and little else and since they already see the Avatar as part of one's body they would not notice a difference."
The Etherite said and nodded.
"That might explain it."

He blinked at Andy, momentarily not sure whether he'd answered her or Jurgen, "...Ah, I'm fine; just remembered something from the next five years."

"I see...ok then like I said I have heard of stranger things."
Andy said and she raised and eyebrow slightly but said nothing more about it, she just continued to support you until you where fine to stand on your own.

He turned to Udella and Crexia, "The serum is a failed experiment - the Technocrats tried to make a lichdom potion... the Primium in the serum accumulates in the brain, a CT scan with contrast fluid mixed with lich blood will light it up like a Christmas tree... it should never be used for more than three days at a time - never. I'll... elaborate later, when the fighting is done."

Udella gasped but Crexia actually looked horrified for a moment until she managed to regain control over her herself.
"Are you sure young man?"
She asked in a slightly shaky voice.
"Yes I will want more...details once all of this is said and done allot more details."
She said as she took a deep, useless breath in mimic of life to calm herself and regain her composure.

He nodded, "I do know, and I know that it's reasonably safe for a day or two at the most, but it should be avoided if there are better options. Due to the pain the barbs induce, I'm not convinced they actually are a better option, but I won't fight you over that.

Matty nodded at that.
"I see, well I would still rather be in pain and that is without knowing what you are talking about when it comes to the serum I just know I do not want some magickal snot the Union have cooked up inside of my body."
She grumbled.

Also, I'm afraid that qualifies as too much information... Er, just to be on the safe side, you're not expecting, are you? I've seen miss Jerkins' adorable little hellspawn, and I'd rather have advance warning if you're likely to go into labour while in custody..."

The Nephanda shrugged.
"No I am not, I make sure of that, well when it comes to outsider entities they do generally not want anything like that unless it is as part of a deal, more classical demons though, they do not mind having little hellspawn, but there are pills for that. I mean here is the thing Malfeans and K'llasshaa they do their thing but us Infernalists we do trade and deal with these beings all the time and many of them want physical pleasure, not always comfortable but it is hard to get anywhere without fucking demons and darker things, if you are even given a choice and then a healthy stack of morning after pills and painkillers is a good thing to have."
Matty continued still not really getting the point about to much information. Andy shook her head.
"And if I had ever desired to be a Nephandus, that desire is now permanently gone..."
She said in a wry tone of voice.

He nodded to Andy, "Painkillers might help... I'm not sure they will, but I think it will be worth a shot."

Rosario spoke up.
"I still have medical supplies in my bag."
Andy walked over there and rummaged around in the offered bag she found the morphine and some of te pill.
"I would have preferred something that targeted a area as this might make her a bit out of it, then again so might screaming in pain."
The Verbena said and Matty looked up.
"It is already at that point...don't worry I can still walk."
She muttered in a tired tone of voice.

"Yet that logic is what in part has brought us to here. The Nephandi will exploit anything, in this case it was her care for her mentor, which also led her to harming her own avatar by investing it with spirit ephemera. We should at least be able to argue from that point of view as well as her age. We can at least she be provided with a good advocate who can understand this, true?"

"Well she seams a girl, and her mentality seams somewhat stuck at that but she should be a couple of years older than you are young man...however I agree we can argue against common practice showing the result it have had, presenting Miss Carlyle as a tragic victim in this...it could work."
Udella said.
"I am willing to try I have taken...harder cases."

"This I understand. For all that she is an enemy and has harmed people, I do not wish her mistreated further than that punishment which she will face. I cannot promise you that I can change what has come before or the way these punishments are exacted before her time comes. But if it is allowed and if I am able, I will try to find her an advocate that may be able to voice these concerns that we share.

"I understand...the situation is not completely in your power carrier of the Fire Angle...that you will be trying is enough to satisfy me."
The Avatar said sadly though it still sounded very concerned.

Perhaps someone will be willing to stay with her, if that is allowed and if that is what she desires but I do not want to make false promises to you as we do not have control over what happens at Horizon.

"I understand...I would want for er not to be alone, it is not good to be alone when one is afraid."
The abomination said in it's creaky voice.
"But you can not make me promises I understand."

For all of that, it still remains that doing the rite here would likely bring much more pain than it would if it were handled by the Spirit Masters at Horizon," he said sadly.

"I do not want my host to suffer more pain that what have to be at my destruction, it is better to bring us along then, but I do not like that she will perhaps be mistreated and I do not like that she will be afraid."
It said and it sounded very uneasy.

"She will likely suffer less from the pain of the rite than doing it here, due to a variety of factors, such as there will be a full team of qualified individuals rather than those assembled right here, in the middle of a labyrinth," he said to it.

"I understand not all mages are as skilled at all things, you develop and grow in linear progression and are not perfect, I can understand this concept...that is why you need an inner guide."
The reduced Avatar said.
"It is best not to cause my host more pain than what is needed."

"First, we must see if we can help you find your way back into her soul to consider exactly what will happen next, but if you do, then she will be restrained, also from using magick and taken into our custody, as I explained before."

"I understand and I accept this."
The Abomination whispered.

"I am saddened that we cannot restore you. Yet I am thankful I was able to see this part of you, that there was something beyond pain and torment to know even if it means saying goodbye to you in the same breath as I say hello. It will stay with us, so that you will not be totally lost. I believe that someday that can be possible, for some at least.

"Some day yes perhaps it will...I see a forest god with a lantern, a dark, mourning woman with long black hair and a glass dragon, they are all twisted and wrong but there is a chance for them, but there are no chance for me, even if the Caul's work had been changed I would still be lost, there are things that are so wrong they can never be right again and it is not right to be reborn a burden a new host with that legacy and I am tired, so tired, my time have come."
The Avatar spoke softly.

You do not need to repay me; this is what I am supposed to do. But I would like you to extend your gratitude to my friends here, who are with me," he said indicating the assembled tradition members around Matty.

"I extend my gratitude to your friends as well if you so wish."
The being said.

"If you feel pain, or sadness or anger, as we try this banishment remember this if you wish to lash out against us. And when she is taken to Horizon, waiting for the rite to be given, that you asked us for it to happen."

"I will remember and I will not lash out against you...my host's pain and fear is harder to handle than my own..but I will not lash out, but please they this is done let me just look at the lantern you hold, that which allow me to retain and remember just a small part of myself until that baser spirit is banished."
He said softly and looked at the pine cone the light calming him.

Crexia looked at you from across the room.
"Are the Avatar ready for us to begin?"
She asked simply then she turned to Colin.
"This is going to hurt her...well at least I think it will hurt her quite badly, make sure she do not bang her head on the floor if she ends up having cramps."
She ordered then she waited for Adley to say whatever or not the Avatar was ready for the attempt to remove the baser spirit from it's being.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:01 pm

"Well she seams a girl, and her mentality seams somewhat stuck at that but she should be a couple of years older than you are young man...however I agree we can argue against common practice showing the result it have had, presenting Miss Carlyle as a tragic victim in this...it could work." Udella said. "I am willing to try I have taken...harder cases."

He wanted to turn and look at Matty again - she seemed younger, younger than him. But her mentality was stuck, so that could be why. Mages were not that easy to pin down age wise anyway. "Thank you."

"Some day yes perhaps it will...I see a forest god with a lantern, a dark, mourning woman with long black hair and a glass dragon, they are all twisted and wrong but there is a chance for them, but there are no chance for me, even if the Caul's work had been changed I would still be lost, there are things that are so wrong they can never be right again and it is not right to be reborn a burden a new host with that legacy and I am tired, so tired, my time have come."

"I understand not wishing to burden someone else with all of this, even if I still wish we could help you. This spirit, you said it is the 'one that writes?' Can you tell us what power it is, for example, gafflings are the smaller ones, umbrood lords much more powerful? I know that such terms are not yours but it might help to know how powerful a spirit it is and any measures we should take to protect ourselves."

"I will remember and I will not lash out against you...my host's pain and fear is harder to handle than my own..but I will not lash out, but please they this is done let me just look at the lantern you hold, that which allow me to retain and remember just a small part of myself until that baser spirit is banished."

"After we remove the spirit?" he asked. "We're not sure what will happen when we do that so we will have to see what happens, if that is something that can be done."

"Are the Avatar ready for us to begin?" She asked simply

"Yes; is there anything else you need to know about this spirit to banish it? I've asked its power and name. Do you think we will need to set up a protection for us here while you work?" he asked, reaching a hand into his pocket for his phone.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:17 pm

He wanted to turn and look at Matty again - she seemed younger, younger than him. But her mentality was stuck, so that could be why. Mages were not that easy to pin down age wise anyway. "Thank you."

Udella nodded at that. Matty seamed in personality and appearance to be little more than a teenager, she was lanky, of average height with light brown hair, she had a button nose, sharp angular features, almond shaped brown eyes and a pouty mouth, right now she was dressed in a red top and jeans, both dirty and had her hair in pigtails.

"I understand not wishing to burden someone else with all of this, even if I still wish we could help you. This spirit, you said it is the 'one that writes?' Can you tell us what power it is, for example, gafflings are the smaller ones, umbrood lords much more powerful? I know that such terms are not yours but it might help to know how powerful a spirit it is and any measures we should take to protect ourselves."

"There is nothing you can do to help me Carrier of the Fire Angle, I do thank you for your concern though."
The Avatar said.
"No it have the name I told you...I am He who Writes, I was He who Writes ones...it is my name..."
It corrected.
"It is powerful enough to make me incarnate that is all I know."
It replied.

"After we remove the spirit?" he asked. "We're not sure what will happen when we do that so we will have to see what happens, if that is something that can be done."

"No while it is being done, afterwards hopefully I will be able to see my own light, muddled and broken as it might be."
The Abomination explained softly.

"Yes; is there anything else you need to know about this spirit to banish it? I've asked its power and name. Do you think we will need to set up a protection for us here while you work?" he asked, reaching a hand into his pocket for his phone.

"I do not think so we have the name of the Umbrood and the Avatar...protections would be wasted I think since if this go wrong I have a feeling nothing can stop that thing if it go on a rampage, but we will be doing a banishment so since you have concerns there setting up personal protections for you might be wise."
Crexia said then she sigh.
"Tell that...being that if it is ready we can start and let us pray this works."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:23 pm

"No it have the name I told you...I am He who Writes, I was He who Writes ones...it is my name..." It corrected. "It is powerful enough to make me incarnate that is all I know."

"I see. Forgive me, I will remember your Name."

"No while it is being done, afterwards hopefully I will be able to see my own light, muddled and broken as it might be." The Abomination explained softly

"Ah; I will try to do this."

"I do not think so we have the name of the Umbrood and the Avatar...protections would be wasted I think since if this go wrong I have a feeling nothing can stop that thing if it go on a rampage, but we will be doing a banishment so since you have concerns there setting up personal protections for you might be wise. Crexia said then she sigh. "Tell that...being that if it is ready we can start and let us pray this works."

"It said it was powerful enough to make it incarnate and the avatar's name is 'he who writes', and we have the name of the spirit, that's all else it could tell me. I will do as you instruct now," he said and set up the protection  that Cita had made him. Then he kept the flyswatter handy in case something happened - at least they had the set of banishings that they'd made with everyone in the chantry those should pack a punch or five. He hoped this worked. After he was finished with his protection, he turned to the being and said, "We will start now. I need to move - but I will not be far," he explained.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:35 pm

"That is true enough, and they might see it as just some chemical compound and little else and since they already see the Avatar as part of one's body they would not notice a difference."
The Etherite said and nodded.
"That might explain it."
Colin nodded, "They see it as a part of the brain - A former Technocrat friend of mine has pointed out to me where the, ah, Genius lies. I don't quite believe that it's seated there, though there may certainly be something of a spiritual link to the soul hidden there."

"I see...ok then like I said I have heard of stranger things."
Andy said and she raised and eyebrow slightly but said nothing more about it, she just continued to support you until you where fine to stand on your own.
He grimaced, "It's about to get stranger..."

Udella gasped but Crexia actually looked horrified for a moment until she managed to regain control over her herself.
"Are you sure young man?"
She asked in a slightly shaky voice.
"Yes I will want more...details once all of this is said and done allot more details."
She said as she took a deep, useless breath in mimic of life to calm herself and regain her composure.
He nodded, "I'm confident in the Etherite medical technician's analysis. It's still safe enough to use extremely rarely, so I'm still willing to proceed with the experiment, but... the puzzle pieces are coming together."
He turned to Adley, "Also, the attack comes on the second of January. Now we can prepare to defend our home... set up an ambush, perhaps."

Matty nodded at that.
"I see, well I would still rather be in pain and that is without knowing what you are talking about when it comes to the serum I just know I do not want some magickal snot the Union have cooked up inside of my body."
She grumbled.
He nodded, then frowned at the hooks, "Very well, but I can't offer any takebacks..."

Rosario spoke up.
"I still have medical supplies in my bag."
Andy walked over there and rummaged around in the offered bag she found the morphine and some of te pill.
"I would have preferred something that targeted a area as this might make her a bit out of it, then again so might screaming in pain."
The Verbena said and Matty looked up.
"It is already at that point...don't worry I can still walk."
She muttered in a tired tone of voice.
He nodded, "Judging by the reaction of... the willing test subject, you want something that sedates as much as possible - it did not seem to be localized pain, but more along the entire nervous system... Those bindings are a nasty piece of work."

((OOC: Hot days, long siestas. Blah, the climate wasn't like this before. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:05 pm

"Ah, I see. Forgive me, I will remember your Name."

"Thank you it pleases me my name will not be forgotten."
The being said.

"Ah; I will try to do this."

"Thank you it brings me comfort."

"It said it was powerful enough to make it incarnate, that's all else it could tell me. I will do as you instruct now," he said and set up the protection that Cita had made him.

"Hum...I suspect it is not a powerless Umbrood no."
Crexia said and frowned. You activated Cita's protection and again you felt that soothing, comforting sensation surround you, it felt quite comfortable especially considering you being slapped with Paradox just a few moments ago.

After he was finished with his protection, he turned to the being and said, "We will start now. I need to move - but I will not be far," he explained.

The Avatar nodded it kept it's attention on the pine cone then as soon as Crexia saw Colin hold Matty down in some way that would protect her head and prevent her from hurting herself if she got cramps or panicked during the working she and the other spirit magi begun.

For a while only the sound of chanting voices filled the room then Matty started screaming, she threw back her head and roared in pain, unless Colin holds her rather firmly she will be flailing about wildly on the ground, her back arches and inhuman screams escaping her lips. The Avatar to screamed, that was less of a noise and more of a feeling as if the room was vibrating with pain. It was hard to say how long the ordeal lasted, chanting and screams and that essence of pain that flooded the chamber that was all there where. Matty screamed, threw up, lost control of her bodily functions and suffered horribly, she hurt to much to faint and she just screamed. The Avatar suffered as well and the group of Spirit magi fought to separate the two vibrations of Ephemera, Crexia calling their names separately and demanding they find their intended place. It was a struggle and the winner was not certain before suddenly the Avatar was not there anymore, he was gone...back to his host presumably but where he had been was something else, something angry and it rushed Adley while screaming.
"Filthy mage you...you are to blame it was nto supposed to find a way back...I was supposed to be able to kill as much as I want with that which I can not touch's power...you are to blame."
The Umbrood, freshly separated from Matty's soul screamed in broken Enochean as it rushed you, clearly intending to enact it revenge on the young Hermetic.

Colin nodded, "They see it as a part of the brain - A former Technocrat friend of mine has pointed out to me where the, ah, Genius lies. I don't quite believe that it's seated there, though there may certainly be something of a spiritual link to the soul hidden there."

"I see my Avatar as a vibration in the Ether but many Technomancers see it as part of the brain and it is reality for them. I know when someone come in with Avatar injuries, for a mystic we can not really do anything but some technomancers react well to painkillers as they think it is a part of their brain and as such it will react to anesthesia."
Jurgen said.
"Perception is everything."

He grimaced, "It's about to get stranger..."

Andy frowned at that.
"Yeah it would not surprise if it did and that lack of surprise do worry me a little."

He nodded, "I'm confident in the Etherite medical technician's analysis. It's still safe enough to use extremely rarely, so I'm still willing to proceed with the experiment, but... the puzzle pieces are coming together."

"If you are sure young man, this new information do worry me though."
Udella said.
"Well if it is safe to use on rare occasions, even so make sure that you really want to risk it before we do anything involving that serum."

He turned to Adley, "Also, the attack comes on the second of January. Now we can prepare to defend our home... set up an ambush, perhaps."

"What attack Sir?"
Andy asked she looked very confused.

He nodded, then frowned at the hooks, "Very well, but I can't offer any takebacks..."

"Don't worry about it man, pain is nothing new for me I will be fine."
Matty said and shrugged.

He nodded, "Judging by the reaction of... the willing test subject, you want something that sedates as much as possible - it did not seem to be localized pain, but more along the entire nervous system... Those bindings are a nasty piece of work."

Rosario nodded and prepared a shot of morphine and walked over to Matty.
"Ehm sorry if I hurt you I am not really trained for these sort of things."
She said and Matty shrugged again.
"My Avatar is injured your skill with a needle really will not matter."
She said and stood still as Rosario looked for a vein and gave her the shot, not really reacting much.
"I would ask who made those restraints but then I remember ah yes Nephandi that's who."
Rosario muttered as she worked and Matty grinned slightly.

You see that the group of Spirit magi where getting ready to start trying to separate Matty's soul from the Umbrood infesting it and Crexia asked you to hold the prisoner down while she worked...then there where screams...

(OOC: The Sebaceans are not happy aliens, the heat is killing me. Razz )

(OOC 2: And now I have bought the DF cardgame and the expansions as well as another card game where the players are scared villagers trying to find who among them is a vampire before it is to late, I guess my squirrel stampede deck will just have to wait. Smile )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:56 pm

"I see my Avatar as a vibration in the Ether but many Technomancers see it as part of the brain and it is reality for them. I know when someone come in with Avatar injuries, for a mystic we can not really do anything but some technomancers react well to painkillers as they think it is a part of their brain and as such it will react to anesthesia."
Jurgen said.
"Perception is everything."
Colin nodded, "Perception is everything, and self-image is... surprisingly applicable, actually. I suspect my Avatar would protest greatly if I tried to call her a vibration... she's a very determined and refined lady, I'll have you know."

Andy frowned at that.
"Yeah it would not surprise if it did and that lack of surprise do worry me a little."
He grinned, "I guess that comes with the territory when you Awaken..."

"If you are sure young man, this new information do worry me though."
Udella said.
"Well if it is safe to use on rare occasions, even so make sure that you really want to risk it before we do anything involving that serum."
He nodded, "It will allow some immediate verifications of... aspects of it, I think. Or if not immediate, then at least things that can be confirmed over a few days. I think it is worth it."

What attack Sir?"
Andy asked she looked very confused.
He shook his head, "The Union. People die... unless I can change the outcome."

Rosario nodded and prepared a shot of morphine and walked over to Matty.
"Ehm sorry if I hurt you I am not really trained for these sort of things."
She said and Matty shrugged again.
"My Avatar is injured your skill with a needle really will not matter."
She said and stood still as Rosario looked for a vein and gave her the shot, not really reacting much.
"I would ask who made those restraints but then I remember ah yes Nephandi that's who."
Rosario muttered as she worked and Matty grinned slightly.
He nodded darkly, "Looted from the security chief's safe; while I don't have problems with using captured materiel, those bindings and the whip make me... uneasy, to say the least."

You see that the group of Spirit magi where getting ready to start trying to separate Matty's soul from the Umbrood infesting it and Crexia asked you to hold the prisoner down while she worked...then there where screams...
He frowned as the ritual started, and carefully eased Matty down to the floor, holding her so that she lay on her side, to make sure she didn't choke on her own vomit or end up face-down in it if she were to throw up.

For a while only the sound of chanting voices filled the room then Matty started screaming, she threw back her head and roared in pain, unless Colin holds her rather firmly she will be flailing about wildly on the ground, her back arches and inhuman screams escaping her lips. The Avatar to screamed, that was less of a noise and more of a feeling as if the room was vibrating with pain. It was hard to say how long the ordeal lasted, chanting and screams and that essence of pain that flooded the chamber that was all there where. Matty screamed, threw up, lost control of her bodily functions and suffered horribly, she hurt to much to faint and she just screamed. The Avatar suffered as well and the group of Spirit magi fought to separate the two vibrations of Ephemera, Crexia calling their names separately and demanding they find their intended place. It was a struggle and the winner was not certain before suddenly the Avatar was not there anymore, he was gone...back to his host presumably but where he had been was something else, something angry and it rushed Adley while screaming.
"Filthy mage you...you are to blame it was nto supposed to find a way back...I was supposed to be able to kill as much as I want with that which I can not touch's power...you are to blame."
The Umbrood, freshly separated from Matty's soul screamed in broken Enochean as it rushed you, clearly intending to enact it revenge on the young Hermetic.
He looked up at the angry, unleashed spirit and swiftly twisted the hooks on the rope into Matty's wrists to restrain her Avatar, then rose to watch the new threat, rummaging through his pocket for the last sachet of Jodelle's Tass, "Bloody Hell, that thing is ugly!"

((OOC: So, just for the record, Colin tries to hold Matty steady in something approximating a stable position on her side. Strength+Athletics: 3,4,8,8 - I think that's as good a grip as anyone could expect to have on someone twisting so involuntarily... poor girl. :/ ))

((OOC2: Did you get all four expansions? Very Happy And the other card game, is that some sort of Mafia/Werewolf clone thing, where everyone gets one role card and try to bluff and persuade the others to lynch another during the day?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:28 pm

Colin nodded, "Perception is everything, and self-image is... surprisingly applicable, actually. I suspect my Avatar would protest greatly if I tried to call her a vibration... she's a very determined and refined lady, I'll have you know."

"Oh I am sure she is Sir."
Jurgen said and grinned. No Mia definitively did not feel like a vibration or for that matter like a lump of gray matter.
"But yes in either case perhaps this area of the brain is related somehow, at least for a Technocrat and they did make the serum...though if it was based on a lichdom potion they might not have created the original."

He grinned, "I guess that comes with the territory when you Awaken..."

"It is all part of the charm."
Andy said and grinned.

He nodded, "It will allow some immediate verifications of... aspects of it, I think. Or if not immediate, then at least things that can be confirmed over a few days. I think it is worth it."

Udella nodded.
"As you wish and you might be right that it will be worth it, I can not say the thought of using that filth do not worry me a bit though. What materials and equipment do you need for what you wish to confirm with the test?"
The old Quesitor asked.

He shook his head, "The Union. People die... unless I can change the outcome."

"You have quite a bit on your shoulders don't you?"
Andy asked then she sigh.
"Is there anything I can help with?"
She seamed to accept the time traveling part rather readily.

He nodded darkly, "Looted from the security chief's safe; while I don't have problems with using captured materiel, those bindings and the whip make me... uneasy, to say the least."

Rosario shuddered.
"Yeah then again this whole place is nightmare fodder."
She muttered Matty looked at her.
"Well the whip is worse than the cuffs...the cuffs bite into your Quintessence flow, hurt like shit but do no harm the ship flog your Avatar...the Chief got one, tried it on a prisoner and found it to be somewhat useless, unless scream, oh god please kill me gurgle gurgle was not the answer you where looking for interrogations with the thing is not so effective. Our main interrogator found it fun for a while though but he generally prefer to play with pointy things."
Matty said and shrugged.
"And this is a Labyrinth did you think it would be filled with marshmallows and puppies?"
She asked and Rosario sigh again.
"Well no...I suppose not..."

He frowned as the ritual started, and carefully eased Matty down to the floor, holding her so that she lay on her side, to make sure she didn't choke on her own vomit or end up face-down in it if she were to throw up.

As you got Matty down on the floor she gasped.
"Shit this is going to be bad is it not?"
And that was about all she was able to say before she started screaming, holding the woman down was not easy as she was trashing allot but you did the best you can and managed to avoid her hurting herself for the most part, with show she strained her wrists where badly bruised but nothing serious was broken, the Nephanda was still screaming herself hoarse though and it was clear she would not be walking much for a while even if she calmed down, she had very little strength left and even as the spirit was released from her soul she still screamed for a while before she begun to calm down, clearly still in considerable pain. Matty curled up into a ball on her side and wept.

He looked up at the angry, unleashed spirit and swiftly twisted the hooks on the rope into Matty's wrists to restrain her Avatar, then rose to watch the new threat, rummaging through his pocket for the last sachet of Jodelle's Tass, "Bloody Hell, that thing is ugly!"

The Nephanda did not even react when you put the hooks in, she was hurting to badly from her Avatar, the added pain was hardly felt she just kept crying laying in a fetal position on the floor shaking. Yes the spirit was indeed ugly, it looked like bile, stone and glass all melted into a sort of mush and then made into a sort of human figure that now went for Adley clearly with not to kind intentions for the Hermetic.

(OOC: Matty is not having a good day.)
(OOC 2: No all three the forth one is not out yet I will get it when it comes out. Yes that would be the game, everyone try to persuade the others to lynch another person sounds fun.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:15 am

It was a struggle and the winner was not certain before suddenly the Avatar was not there anymore, he was gone...back to his host presumably but where he had been was something else, something angry and it rushed Adley while screaming. "Filthy mage you...you are to blame it was nto supposed to find a way back...I was supposed to be able to kill as much as I want with that which I can not touch's power...you are to blame." The Umbrood, freshly separated from Matty's soul screamed in broken Enochean as it rushed you, clearly intending to enact it revenge on the young Hermetic.

He didn't even have time to feel surprised as he saw it suddenly rush him, screaming - maybe he ought to have seen this as a possibility. But he just knew he had to get out of the way, give it a smack with the flyswatter, keep the pine cone safe until the others could set the banishings off like a series of firecrackers so that's what he tried to do. But it wasn't as easy as it would have been with the all over pain he'd caused himself.

// dex+athletics for dodge: 0, 8, 3, 3, 6 (his diff mod is at -2)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:25 am

You managed to step to the side but just barely when you start moving you realize that your body is pretty much aching all over and getting your body to listen to you is harder than it should be, and yet you manage to get away from the initial attack as the spirit turned to try to attack you again. You heard Udella and Crexia begin a banishing rite so likely you would not have to try to evade the angry Umbrood for long, but right not it had it's gaze fixated on you and the pine cone, it was screaming profanities at you in Enochean, you had not even realized one could swear quite that much in such a holy language as it turned around for a new go though you probably would have time to give it a swat with a flyeswatter before it got completely ready to jump towards you one more time.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:12 pm

"Oh I am sure she is Sir."
Jurgen said and grinned. No Mia definitively did not feel like a vibration or for that matter like a lump of gray matter.
"But yes in either case perhaps this area of the brain is related somehow, at least for a Technocrat and they did make the serum...though if it was based on a lichdom potion they might not have created the original."
Colin nodded, "And I know just the lich to ask..."

Udella nodded.
"As you wish and you might be right that it will be worth it, I can not say the thought of using that filth do not worry me a bit though. What materials and equipment do you need for what you wish to confirm with the test?"
The old Quesitor asked.
He frowned, "Nothing comes to mind - though I should like to get a CT scan fairly shortly afterwards, to see how much if any residue is left after a single dose. And for that, obviously, I would need some lich blood to mix with the contrast fluid."

"You have quite a bit on your shoulders don't you?"
Andy asked then she sigh.
"Is there anything I can help with?"
She seamed to accept the time traveling part rather readily.
He shrugged, "Someone to bring in reinforcements quickly when the time comes would be very useful. Aside from that... we'll talk later, alright?"

Rosario shuddered.
"Yeah then again this whole place is nightmare fodder."
She muttered Matty looked at her.
"Well the whip is worse than the cuffs...the cuffs bite into your Quintessence flow, hurt like shit but do no harm the ship flog your Avatar...the Chief got one, tried it on a prisoner and found it to be somewhat useless, unless scream, oh god please kill me gurgle gurgle was not the answer you where looking for interrogations with the thing is not so effective. Our main interrogator found it fun for a while though but he generally prefer to play with pointy things."
Matty said and shrugged.
"And this is a Labyrinth did you think it would be filled with marshmallows and puppies?"
She asked and Rosario sigh again.
"Well no...I suppose not..."
He frowned, "Yes, well, I suppose Gabriel would have liked that whip only temporarily. He was a man of many... particular tastes. But he is dead now, and not a concern until he reincarnates... As for marshmallows and puppies, I wouldn't be all that surprised if there was an area of the Labyrinth filled with those, either for the mindfuckery or for a barbecue."

As you got Matty down on the floor she gasped.
"Shit this is going to be bad is it not?"
And that was about all she was able to say before she started screaming, holding the woman down was not easy as she was trashing allot but you did the best you can and managed to avoid her hurting herself for the most part, with show she strained her wrists where badly bruised but nothing serious was broken, the Nephanda was still screaming herself hoarse though and it was clear she would not be walking much for a while even if she calmed down, she had very little strength left and even as the spirit was released from her soul she still screamed for a while before she begun to calm down, clearly still in considerable pain. Matty curled up into a ball on her side and wept.
He shrugged, "I don't know if it will be bad, but I wouldn't be surprised. You're rather a unique situation."
And then the pain began...

The Nephanda did not even react when you put the hooks in, she was hurting to badly from her Avatar, the added pain was hardly felt she just kept crying laying in a fetal position on the floor shaking. Yes the spirit was indeed ugly, it looked like bile, stone and glass all melted into a sort of mush and then made into a sort of human figure that now went for Adley clearly with not to kind intentions for the Hermetic.
He didn't even have time to feel surprised as he saw it suddenly rush him, screaming - maybe he ought to have seen this as a possibility. But he just knew he had to get out of the way, give it a smack with the flyswatter, keep the pine cone safe until the others could set the banishings off like a series of firecrackers so that's what he tried to do. But it wasn't as easy as it would have been with the all over pain he'd caused himself.
You managed to step to the side but just barely when you start moving you realize that your body is pretty much aching all over and getting your body to listen to you is harder than it should be, and yet you manage to get away from the initial attack as the spirit turned to try to attack you again. You heard Udella and Crexia begin a banishing rite so likely you would not have to try to evade the angry Umbrood for long, but right not it had it's gaze fixated on you and the pine cone, it was screaming profanities at you in Enochean, you had not even realized one could swear quite that much in such a holy language as it turned around for a new go though you probably would have time to give it a swat with a flyeswatter before it got completely ready to jump towards you one more time.
Colin grimaced and flung the sachet at the Umbrood, envisioning a spear to impale the malicious spirit, "Pilum ex malomagia!"

((OOC: So, an Arete roll for making the spear, and a Dex+Athletics roll to aim it, I think? Arete: 3,8,9. Should make for a sufficiently durable spear, at least, rather than a prime bolt that detonates on impact... Dex+Athletics: 1,3,8,9,9. Dodge that, ya li'l monster. Razz ))

((OOC2: S7trif3, Colin made a couple comments to Adley just after coming back from the future - looks like you overlooked them.))

((OOC3: Those games are fun, yes, but they require so much social agility... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next