Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 17 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:23 pm

"You have me intrigued Mr Wainwright, but such a tactic should not be discussed here where unwelcome ears might be listening."
Michael said though he was clearly curious and wanting to ask you about it.
Colin nodded, "I will probably be... needing someone to talk to about it afterwards. We might talk then."

"If you get killed by Lisa Larson love I will become a necromancer so I can strangle you, and then I will work to become an Archmage of Prime just so I can take a single rose and make is completely permanent, one single thing that just can not be destroyed no matter what so that Larson's goal can never be accomplished, even if she wins that one rose will be left forever and then I will ram that flower up her ass."
Freddy declared and Michael raised an eyebrow.
"I see...well remind me not to cross you then Miss Adlebloom."
Colin grinned, "Don't forget Master of Time, luv, so you can apply the rose at an earlier time, prior to her demise - I don't believe she'll be able to escape today, but giving her a few years of persistent discomfort before today might be worth the Paradox..."
He frowned, "In any case, I don't think Larson personally is my greatest worry today..."

"I doubt there is so many weresharks around that if we go camping on a beach we are likely to run into one love."
Freddy said and she raised an eyebrow.
He chuckled, "It's a small world - who knows if the one we know in town decides to show up."

"The Founders where powerful and brilliant each in their own way but yes they where human and they made human mistakes this is very true."
Theodora agreed then she grinned.
"Tes the Order endures and that is what is important, it will endure for as long as there is need for it."
He nodded, then pondered, "Perhaps longer than that, too... but that's a debate for older and wiser Magi."

"Oh I agree, the Seat of Forces is a good politician alright, he knows how to pull strings and who to intimidate or bribe to get his way but he is also a rotten asshole and well yes someone should replace him. I know Master Porthos had a man in mind to take over the job, a Flambeau I think but my grandpa had him accused of some bogus crimes and sentenced to death in absentia, there is a Wizard's March after him as he speaks."
Theodora said and shrugged.
He sighed softly, "Well, perhaps the man will see reason and step down. Whether said Flambeau is the right person to succeed him is another matter - I would actually think one of your Housemates might make a good candidate, if she could be persuaded to take the job. Though I suppose a Lich who was Tremere when the House was, er, alive might be a bit much controversy for most..."

"Ah yes speaking with you when time permit over a cup of tea would be lovely Mr Wainwright, good day for now."
He said and gave you a small bow before he headed towards the mother and her son. Richard bowed to his Mentor as the older Akashic left.
He nodded, "I will send an invitation once the dust settles, then."

"That is also a possibility Colin, it is hard to say what Tradition he will join though I guess that depends on who will decide to offer him an apprenticeship, him and his mother mind be offered a place at a Chantry before that though an the boy given basic instruction so he can grow up a bit before he is given a formal apprenticeship."
Richard said and he glanced towards the young child and his mother.
He nodded, "It probably won't be at Steelhaven Hall, though - and I hope the boy's mother becomes as quickly accepting of... things as the mother of the girl I rescued in Chicago earlier."

"Yes the Chief will not be happy about this...but yes let us go as for Kyle, the drugs should be out of his system in a few hours but since there was complications with the spinal tap I would prefer if he stayed in bed for the rest of the day and someone should stay with him watching over him until we know he is alright and we find a dose of morphine to keep him comfortable and not to confused."
Richard said as he bowed to Theodora and excused himself and then headed towards the car. The Tytalus gave you all a wave of her hand.
"Well then good luck guys I have a appointment for x-rays to get to."
She said and finished her coffee before leaving as well.
"Nice talking to you all."
Freddy waved to Theodora then she said.
"I will stay with Kyle with my eyes as they are now I can not do much to help during the fight but I can keep the kid safe and comfortable...poor thing and he did this to help me..."
She muttered and frowned.
He frowned, "It's not the Chief that worries me, but a visiting Verbena... hum, I did something bad in Chicago to prepare for something unforgivable... but we found a way around the unforgivable part, so forgiveness might be... possible, at least."
He bowed to Theodora, "Ma'am, stay safe."
He nodded to Freddy, "Hm, I should warn you, though - he's afraid he might act on darker impulses, that he might not have the strength to resist them while drugged... If that happens, can you effectively restrain him? Handcuffs, mind, are... not an option."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 17 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Adley:

"Well, theres's one more thing I can think about also," he said with a frown.

"And this thing is mea filius?"
Jeffry asked as he regarded you.

"That is for the better," he said, pulling the frame out to write a note to her.

"It is, they are still in pain, but sleeping perhaps it is experienced less traumatic than when they are awake and trapped in their own bodies."
Kristina said and frowned.

'We are setting a transportation up for you back home and someone to cover for the room as we speak. We would like to ask you an important favor, please. There is a letter I need you to urgently hand-deliver directly to the Chief J. for his eyes only. It is something he will want to read in private. Will you please ensure this letter reaches him?'

Kristina read over what you had written then she handed the tablet back and nodded.
"Very well Adley I will be ready to leave when transportation have been arranged and I will deliver your letter to the Chief the moment I am back at Morningstar and inform him that he will want to read it alone."
The Verbena agreed and nodded.
"And I am glad that someone else will be sent down to tend to the vampires at least they will not have to face all of this alone."

Serge:

Serge took the soup and nodded politely to the Deaconess. "Thank you."

He took the spoon and began eating the soup, eager to fill his stomach with something other than cookies.

The soup had a rich, spicy flavor and was full of vegetables pieces, noodles and meat balls so it would make for a hearty meal.
"Please be careful young artist, it is hot."
The Deaconess urged.

Serge took notice of the Deaconess health. Eyeing the counter some more, he noticed the odd tools she was using and remembered her specific weakness.

With a look of concern, Serge said, "Are you all right Miss O'Conner? Perhaps you should sit down for a bit."

"Perhaps you are right child...it is the iron it weakens me, now that the soup is done perhaps I will get out of the kitchen and leave it's distribution to someone else, your concern is kind though young artist...most kind."
The round woman said and she gave you a tired smile.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I will probably be... needing someone to talk to about it afterwards. We might talk then."

"As you wish Mr Wainwright."
Michael said and nodded.
"I look forward to it."

Colin grinned, "Don't forget Master of Time, luv, so you can apply the rose at an earlier time, prior to her demise - I don't believe she'll be able to escape today, but giving her a few years of persistent discomfort before today might be worth the Paradox..."
He frowned, "In any case, I don't think Larson personally is my greatest worry today..."

"You got a point love, you better not die or I will be to busy learning magick for my plot of vengeance I will not have the time to play any WoW."
Freddy said and shook her head.
"Ultimately it is Larson who are to blame for this whole mess, I am not excusing her!"

He chuckled, "It's a small world - who knows if the one we know in town decides to show up."

"Yeah well I only want to make some smores at a campfire not play meet and greet with a supernatural menagerie."
Freddy grumbled.

He nodded, then pondered, "Perhaps longer than that, too... but that's a debate for older and wiser Magi."

Theodora nodded at that.
"Well said Mr Wainwright, well said."

He sighed softly, "Well, perhaps the man will see reason and step down.

The Tytalus maga just looked at you at that comment as if you had said something very, very stupid.

Whether said Flambeau is the right person to succeed him is another matter - I would actually think one of your Housemates might make a good candidate, if she could be persuaded to take the job. Though I suppose a Lich who was Tremere when the House was, er, alive might be a bit much controversy for most..."

"The Archmistress Crexia? Yes that would create far to much controversy I am afraid she is not much of a candidate to take over the Seat of Forces as for Mark Gillian I don't know for sure what sort of man he is, Master Porthos seam to have confidence in him though."
Theodora said.

He nodded, "I will send an invitation once the dust settles, then."

"Ah delightful, it is a deal then good Sir."
Michael said and grinned.

He nodded, "It probably won't be at Steelhaven Hall, though - and I hope the boy's mother becomes as quickly accepting of... things as the mother of the girl I rescued in Chicago earlier."

"No it probably will not be at Steelhaven indeed, as for the boy's mother that remains to be seen, I share your hope but all to often non Awakened parents end up fearing their young mage children and it is best to separate the two, though I hope that will not be necessary."
Richard said and frowned.

He frowned, "It's not the Chief that worries me, but a visiting Verbena... hum, I did something bad in Chicago to prepare for something unforgivable... but we found a way around the unforgivable part, so forgiveness might be... possible, at least."

"I see, that sounds...bad, what did you do Colin?"
Your Cabalmate asked and frowned.
"How did you end up insulting this visiting Verbena that much? We are talking about the Druidess with the long black hair and green eyes right? The one tending to our undead guests at the moment?"
Richard inquired and he seamed a little confused.

He bowed to Theodora, "Ma'am, stay safe."

"I would say that I will, but I am Tytalus so probably not but I will try to stay alive, stay safe as well Sir it was nice talking with you."
Theodora said and she gave you a short bow before she headed for the radiology department.

He nodded to Freddy, "Hm, I should warn you, though - he's afraid he might act on darker impulses, that he might not have the strength to resist them while drugged... If that happens, can you effectively restrain him? Handcuffs, mind, are... not an option."

"I should be able to do so without using physical restraints yes."
Freddy said.
"I have an app for that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:45 pm

"And this thing is mea filius?" Jeffry asked as he regarded you.

He made a pantomime of putting up a phone to his ear. "I will tell you soon."

Very well Adley I will be ready to leave when transportation have been arranged and I will deliver your letter to the Chief the moment I am back at Morningstar and inform him that he will want to read it alone."

"Thank you, ma'am. For this as well as all your assistance, it is greatly appreciated." He nodded to her and turned over the sealed envelope.

The Verbena agreed and nodded. "And I am glad that someone else will be sent down to tend to the vampires at least they will not have to face all of this alone."

He nodded at that, cleaning up the tablet. "We should hear soon about these matters from the Chief. I will be back shortly, probably," he said with a nod to her in parting. Then he said to the guards, "I have discussed your concerns, and they are under consideration, just so you know." Then he went to go to the other side of the basement, towards the node where his adelfi and her cantankerous mentor currently were.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:45 pm

Serge's Post:

'Kids?' Nicole exclaimed, giving a small shudder. 'Lord no. Didn't like kids when I was a kid. Look after a pet rock, I can't.'

Serge's Post:

A wary, confused look at the kittens; as though her gut was telling her this was sort of wrong but lacked the words to state it.

Anja's Post:

A smile as she took the bowl; gesturing that she'd like a full bowl. Once done, she'll thank the woman and find a seat to eat.

Anja's Post:

Once sat down, Nicole was silent for a moment as she tucked in; rapidly demolishing half the bowl like she'd not eaten for days with a distinct lack of manners. Then she took a slight breather; wiping her mouth with her gloved hand, which she then wiped on her trousers.

'Erm... what's up with her?' she said quietly, nodding towards the woman who'd served them the soup.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:55 pm

The soup had a rich, spicy flavor and was full of vegetables pieces, noodles and meat balls so it would make for a hearty meal.
"Please be careful young artist, it is hot."
The Deaconess urged.

Serge nodded to show that he understood and took a small spoonful of soup. He blew on it to try and cool it down and when it had reached an edible temperature he poured the liquid into his mouth and savored it's taste.

"This is delicious!" Serge said enthusiastically. Although after going so long without a hearty meal, most things probably tasted delicious to Serge.

"Perhaps you are right child...it is the iron it weakens me, now that the soup is done perhaps I will get out of the kitchen and leave it's distribution to someone else, your concern is kind though young artist...most kind."
The round woman said and she gave you a tired smile.

"No problem. I never liked seeing someone in distress. If their's anything I can do to help let me know." Serge said with a smile.

Nicole wrote:A smile as she took the bowl; gesturing that she'd like a full bowl. Once done, she'll thank the woman and find a seat to eat.

With a final wave of goodbye, Serge followed Nicole to a seat and began eating himself.

Nicole wrote:Once sat down, Nicole was silent for a moment as she tucked in; rapidly demolishing half the bowl like she'd not eaten for days with a distinct lack of manners. Then she took a slight breather; wiping her mouth with her gloved hand, which she then wiped on her trousers.

'Erm... what's up with her?' she said quietly, nodding towards the woman who'd served them the soup.

"Who...Deaconess O' Conner?" Serge said with a spoonful of soup still in his mouth. Swallowing the food he looked back at where Nicole was nodding to confirm that it was the Deaconess who she was talking about.

"Yeah that's Miss O'Conner. One of Steelhaven's Deacons and an extremely powerful mage at that. She has a connection to the fay if you know what that means. Basically she's not a fan of iron. Hope she's all right...the kitchen is full of different types of metal." Serge explained with concern in his voice.

"I'm sure you figured it out already but those cats at her feet were those oil men we fought earlier. She polymorphed two of them into kittens and they've been like that ever since."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:04 pm

A nod to confirm they were talking about the same person. 'Fae... what's that; some kind of cryptid?' lading another spoonful. 'And is having slick-kittens about a good idea?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:05 pm

"As you wish Mr Wainwright."
Michael said and nodded.
"I look forward to it."
Colin nodded, "You may change your mind about that when you hear what I've seen... but yes, later."

"You got a point love, you better not die or I will be to busy learning magick for my plot of vengeance I will not have the time to play any WoW."
Freddy said and shook her head.
"Ultimately it is Larson who are to blame for this whole mess, I am not excusing her!"
He sighed with exasperated affection, "That WoW addiction of yours is going to delay your progress to Oraclehood by at least another century, luv... And yes, next to Abigail, Larson is at the heart of it..."

"Yeah well I only want to make some smores at a campfire not play meet and greet with a supernatural menagerie."
Freddy grumbled.
He chuckled, "I'm sure I can find the good luck to pick an undisturbed campsite."

The Tytalus maga just looked at you at that comment as if you had said something very, very stupid.
He smiled wryly, "I did not say he would do so unaided... Someone might find an argument he'll listen to... But that is largely an internal matter for the Order, I suppose, save that the Council affects us all... even those of us unaffiliated."

"The Archmistress Crexia? Yes that would create far to much controversy I am afraid she is not much of a candidate to take over the Seat of Forces as for Mark Gillian I don't know for sure what sort of man he is, Master Porthos seam to have confidence in him though."
Theodora said.
He nodded, "I don't think she'd be all that keen on the job, in any case. She would be very good at it, I think, but she would not enjoy it... As for Master Gillian, even if Master Christavao were to step down, would not his life still be forfeit with a Wizard's March?"

"No it probably will not be at Steelhaven indeed, as for the boy's mother that remains to be seen, I share your hope but all to often non Awakened parents end up fearing their young mage children and it is best to separate the two, though I hope that will not be necessary."
He nodded, "Getting to see a little real magic, and seeing that her son can use it might be the best bet - not revealing it as something frightening, but certainly something different that the boy can master, rather than something that might bring harm to the family..."

"I see, that sounds...bad, what did you do Colin?"
Your Cabalmate asked and frowned.
"How did you end up insulting this visiting Verbena that much? We are talking about the Druidess with the long black hair and green eyes right? The one tending to our undead guests at the moment?"
Richard inquired and he seamed a little confused.
He frowned, "I did not insult her... had I merely insulted her, it would have been easier. No, I... acquired a horrible, horrible weapon from a friend of hers, under false pretenses. Fortunately, I did not end up needing to use it - it was a last resort against a unique adversary - but it would still have been unforgivable... As it is, forgiveness might still be possible, but it's going to take work, and the first, most important thing is to apologize to her friend..."

"I would say that I will, but I am Tytalus so probably not but I will try to stay alive, stay safe as well Sir it was nice talking with you."
Theodora said and she gave you a short bow before she headed for the radiology department.
He bowed back, "Quite so. Do feel free to swing by my shop next time you need some custom silver - I do make Foci according to specifications, after all."

"I should be able to do so without using physical restraints yes."
Freddy said.
"I have an app for that."
He nodded, "Of course you have an app for that, luv... But good, that should be more than sufficient."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:21 pm

Nicole wrote:A nod to confirm they were talking about the same person. 'Fae... what's that; some kind of cryptid?' lading another spoonful. 'And is having slick-kittens about a good idea?'

"Oh yeah I've been meaning to ask you. What exactly do you mean by 'cryptids'? I don't think I've heard that term before." Serge said with a look of mild confusion.

"Anyways the fae are, in a more common term....fairies." Serge said with a smile.

"They are creatures that exist in a sort of Dream Realm. Remember those old folktales and fairytales? The ones with fairy godmother or tricksters like Rumpelstiltskin. Those types of creatures are basically the fae. I mean it's probably a lot more complicated than that but that sort of the general idea of it." Serge said giving a very basic description of a topic he didn't know much about himself.

"As for those cats....wellll." Serge said not sure how to answer. "I'm not sure. They seem pretty subdued compared to how they used to be. But Master Morgan doesn't like the idea of having them around. Their probably still connected to their controller. The guy who sent the mother slime to attack us." Serge said eating some more soup.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:28 pm

'Y'know, creatures and the like from other dimensions, like the oil-slicks and whatnot.' Nicole replied, a little surprised herself that he didn't seem to know the term.

'Yeah, I can get his point. They might be now simply spying on us.' glancing over to where the oil-kittens had been.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:36 pm

'Y'know, creatures and the like from other dimensions, like the oil-slicks and whatnot.' Nicole replied, a little surprised herself that he didn't seem to know the term.

'Yeah, I can get his point. They might be now simply spying on us.' glancing over to where the oil-kittens had been.

"Ohhh that makes sense." Serge said with a nod.

Glancing back at the kittens and thinking about if for a second, Serge gave a shrug and said, "They might be. The Deaconess said that they wouldn't be staying for long but what that could mean is anybody's guess.

"What I want to know is if we can use them to learn more about our enemies." Serge said with a curious look.

"If our enemies can use the connection to control those oil-men, we might be able to tap into that connection to learn a little bit about our enemies."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:01 pm

A pause as Nicole shovelled in a couple more spoonfuls. 'Perhaps... but I don't know nothing about that kind of thing, me.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:08 pm

A pause as Nicole shovelled in a couple more spoonfuls. 'Perhaps... but I don't know nothing about that kind of thing, me.'

"I know a little bit about that stuff but I think I'll leave it to the professionals." Serge said taking a few more gulps of his soup.

As he ate he remembered something Nicole had said that he wanted to know more about.

"You mentioned that you were a sort of field scientist. What kinds of things did you study?" Serge asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:50 am

Adley:

He made a pantomime of putting up a phone to his ear. "I will tell you soon."

Jeffry just nodded in agreement.
"Very well."

Thank you, ma'am. For this as well as all your assistance, it is greatly appreciated." He nodded to her and turned over the sealed envelope.

Kristina took the envelope and placed it in the belt pouch of her dress.
"I will get this delivered as soon as possible, and do not worry I help out where I am needed, perhaps it is I who will need help at some other point in time. Also it is still Kristina, not ma'am."
She said and smiled.

He nodded at that, cleaning up the tablet. "We should hear soon about these matters from the Chief. I will be back shortly, probably," he said with a nod to her in parting.

"Very good I will wait here with the vampires in the meantime then."
The Verbena agreed.

Then he said to the guards, "I have discussed your concerns, and they are under consideration, just so you know."

"I am thankful for that Mr Roth Hicks."
Helga said and nodded, she looked tired then again everyone in the Chantry looked tired at the moment.

Then he went to go to the other side of the basement, towards the node where his adelfi and her cantankerous mentor currently were.

You got to the other side of the basement, the one with the ritual chambers, labs, Tass storage and the Node, Bruce was still on guard duty in the end of the hall, the man nodded to you but he had never been one to talk allot. In the Node chamber you found Amadeus tending to Beatrice, the girl was awake and groaning in pain and clearly she was uneasy but she never the less looked up at you when she saw you and smiled.
"Hi..."
She managed, she was deathly pale and covered in sweat but her eyes focused better now.
"You are back."
You also saw Tobias down here now, he was sleeping a bit off to the side of the Node bowl wrapped in blankets, whimpering in his sleep but at least he was sleeping. Cita was not here right at this moment but she would probably return soon. Amadeus gave you a very slight nod of his head.
"Mr Roth Hicks...are you here to see my student?"

Nicole and Serge:

A wary, confused look at the kittens; as though her gut was telling her this was sort of wrong but lacked the words to state it.

The kittens continued to play with the string, looking like normal cats in every way and behaving like them though only that they where made of oily slime.

A smile as she took the bowl; gesturing that she'd like a full bowl. Once done, she'll thank the woman and find a seat to eat.

The round woman filled your bowl to the rim and handed it to you.

Once sat down, Nicole was silent for a moment as she tucked in; rapidly demolishing half the bowl like she'd not eaten for days with a distinct lack of manners. Then she took a slight breather; wiping her mouth with her gloved hand, which she then wiped on her trousers.

There was a small square table at the end wall of the kitchen with two chairs where you could sit.
"Ah it is good to see young people with a healthy appetite."
The woman in the colorful dress said and smiled.
"There is more if you should so desire inventor knight."

Serge nodded to show that he understood and took a small spoonful of soup. He blew on it to try and cool it down and when it had reached an edible temperature he poured the liquid into his mouth and savored it's taste.

"This is delicious!" Serge said enthusiastically. Although after going so long without a hearty meal, most things probably tasted delicious to Serge.

"I am very pleased you like it young artist."
Mara said and she gave a kind smile.
"Sit down now so you do not spill and burn yourself."
he said and she urged you towards the table.

"No problem. I never liked seeing someone in distress. If their's anything I can do to help let me know." Serge said with a smile.

"I...think I would like to go to my room for a moment, to many people to act normal around."
The Deaconess said.
"And with all this iron...could I perhaps bother you to get someone to carry the pot of soup and some bowls down to the prisoners an guards young artist?"
She asked before she wiped her brow with an embroidered, blue handkerchief and really looked like she should not be in the kitchen."

"Yeah that's Miss O'Conner. One of Steelhaven's Deacons and an extremely powerful mage at that. She has a connection to the fay if you know what that means. Basically she's not a fan of iron. Hope she's all right...the kitchen is full of different types of metal." Serge explained with concern in his voice.

Mara gave Nicole a short, measured curtsy she was still looking rather out of it and pale.
"What the young artist say is true noble knight and it seam this iron have robbed me of my manners. I am Mara O'Conner Hermes bani Merinita Deaconess of this Chantry and Mistress of the Art, I am most pleased to make your acquaintance. It is also true that I am of fay blood, one of my great grandfathers where true fay and a Duke of the Summer Court."
The round woman said proudly then she waited for a moment for a reply before she hurried out of the kitchen to get away from all of the iron in there, the kittens following in the wake of her skirts.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "You may change your mind about that when you hear what I've seen... but yes, later."

"I am sure I will be able to handle it my good man."
Michael said with a slight smile.

He sighed with exasperated affection, "That WoW addiction of yours is going to delay your progress to Oraclehood by at least another century, luv... And yes, next to Abigail, Larson is at the heart of it..."

"What about all the other games I play I am not stopping before I have all the car in the Ridge Racer game I am currently on, and are you sure Oracles have any fun do they not just sit in the Umbra being wise and such, I can do that later."
Freddy replied and she took your hand for a moment and she looked at you fondly then she looked determined.
"And yes we are going to get Larson, we are going to get her good."

He chuckled, "I'm sure I can find the good luck to pick an undisturbed campsite."

"Good I want smores and you and you are just about as sweet."
Freddy said and looked at you lovingly. Michael was to polite to say anything but Theodora giggled at this.
"Just keep track of which sweet thing to roast over the campfire or not or that camping trip might end tragically."
The Tytalus said sounding amused and Freddy stuck out her tongue at her.

He smiled wryly, "I did not say he would do so unaided... Someone might find an argument he'll listen to... But that is largely an internal matter for the Order, I suppose, save that the Council affects us all... even those of us unaffiliated."

"Well if someone can pull it off then hats of to them, I will be happy to see grandpa back to his Chantry in Brazil where he will only make his Chantry mates unhappy and not be a complete embarrassment to the rest of us, he insulted a whole Tradition bad enough that they left, who know where they are now allowing the Union to get control of the physical representation of the Correspondence point, he did the same with a whole House or whatever they call their groups of Dreamspeakers. When most list the Nine they do so by name and then they get to the Seat of Forces and it is just That Bastard Tytalus, so yes if someone can kick my most beloved grandfather of the throne I will be most happy he will then no longer be an embarrassment for the Order or our House."
Theodora said and Michael looked nervous.
"Young Miss should you speak about one of the Primi in such a way, as Mr Wainwright say their decisions affect us all."
The young Tytalus shrugged.
"Have him put me up on charges, I don't care fuck him!"

He nodded, "I don't think she'd be all that keen on the job, in any case. She would be very good at it, I think, but she would not enjoy it... As for Master Gillian, even if Master Christavao were to step down, would not his life still be forfeit with a Wizard's March?"

"Mr Gillian's life would still be forfeit, you can not call a Wizard's March back I have no idea what Master Porthos is thinking, perhaps he is just an insane on man. We swear on the Code of Hermes when we are initiated and part of it are asking that if we break the Code and are cast out for our Sodalis to find us and slay us, a March can not be recalled."
Theodora said and shook her head.
"As for the Lady Crexia I do not know her other than by reputation so I really can not comment."

He nodded, "Getting to see a little real magic, and seeing that her son can use it might be the best bet - not revealing it as something frightening, but certainly something different that the boy can master, rather than something that might bring harm to the family..."

"Agreed, well my Mentor have done this a few times, you would be surprised how many end up Awakening after accidents or near death experiences so he have some experience with easing someone into the Traditions, preferably before the Union finds them."
Richard said and looked in the direction of the mother and son.
"I hope things will be okey with them though."

He frowned, "I did not insult her... had I merely insulted her, it would have been easier. No, I... acquired a horrible, horrible weapon from a friend of hers, under false pretenses. Fortunately, I did not end up needing to use it - it was a last resort against a unique adversary - but it would still have been unforgivable... As it is, forgiveness might still be possible, but it's going to take work, and the first, most important thing is to apologize to her friend..."

"I see, well yes that do sound like you have some apologizing to do Colin, especially if Mrs Knox is protective of her friend. I will not ask more details then since this seam to be a sensitive topic but I will wish you good luck in clearing it up."
Richard said.

He bowed back, "Quite so. Do feel free to swing by my shop next time you need some custom silver - I do make Foci according to specifications, after all."

"Hum...I have been needing a Saturn wand with inlays, I might just take you up on that office Mr Wainwright."
Theodora said and smiled.

He nodded, "Of course you have an app for that, luv... But good, that should be more than sufficient."

"I will keep Kyle safe and keep everyone else safe from Kyle and while my eyes are not clear enough to program yet I can use the apps already there."
Freddy said as you reached Richard's car.
"Ok let us get Kyle in, careful with his spine keep it as straight as possible."
Richard instructed.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I did not feel well last night and fell asleep on the sofa and slept for a long time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:01 am

Serge's Post:

Nicole swallowed her mouthful and leant back in her chair a little. '"Field Scientist" is what the chair-polishers call us ones who get out into the world and do shit. When they're feeling polite, that is - normally it's just "Adventurers".' ending with a politely dismissive tone.

'Me?... well, started basic, which I sucked at. So got put on Ethernaut training instead. S'pose I'm like what Mundie Engineers are in the Army; do repairs, rig-up shit and kill things.' all said in a casual tone. 'You?'

Anja's Post:

Nicole listened to this with a puzzled look on her face; it was clear she didn't really understand this. Though it was polite incomprehension, a couple of nods as the large woman left.

'S'pose can take the bowls down to the basement after we're done here, right?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:50 am

"I...think I would like to go to my room for a moment, to many people to act normal around."
The Deaconess said.
"And with all this iron...could I perhaps bother you to get someone to carry the pot of soup and some bowls down to the prisoners an guards young artist?"
She asked before she wiped her brow with an embroidered, blue handkerchief and really looked like she should not be in the kitchen."

"Of course. In fact me and Nicole can just do that ourselves after we eat. You just go and get some rest." Serge said with a nod.

Nicole wrote:Nicole swallowed her mouthful and leant back in her chair a little. '"Field Scientist" is what the chair-polishers call us ones who get out into the world and do shit. When they're feeling polite, that is - normally it's just "Adventurers".' ending with a politely dismissive tone.

'Me?... well, started basic, which I sucked at. So got put on Ethernaut training instead. S'pose I'm like what Mundie Engineers are in the Army; do repairs, rig-up shit and kill things.' all said in a casual tone. 'You?'

"That sounds really cool!" Serge said with a smile. "Go out into the world doing cool shit. Fixing up machinery and gadgets and killing things with them. It's like a dream I had once....except I was a dashing spy in a suit rather than a military engineer." Serge said with a slight chuckle.

"Me?" Serge said in a confused tone of voice before realizing what Nicole was asking for.

"Oh...I don't actually have any job or role. I trained one-to-one with my Mentor for 5 years and this is the first time I'll be by myself. I don't really have a cool job or role like you. I just sort of sit around all day drawing, day-dreaming, or aggressively show casing my art to everyone." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders.

Nicole wrote:Nicole listened to this with a puzzled look on her face; it was clear she didn't really understand this. Though it was polite incomprehension, a couple of nods as the large woman left.

'S'pose can take the bowls down to the basement after we're done here, right?'

"Yeah that makes the most sense." Serge said with a nod.

"Looks like we'll have to go back down there again....greeaat." Serge said sarcastically, not looking forward to meeting the newly captured women and the now very depressed Siege.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:10 am

'Yeah... not many Scientists agree with you on that.' Nicole wryly replied, taking another couple of spoonfuls of soup before continuing. 'Y'see, lots see themselves as academics first... hell, most of them started out there. Which means they get obsessed about the usual bullshit, like "publish or perish", politicking for tenure and all that.' giving a little snort. 'Obviously, if you're out there doing shit, you're not sitting writing a paper for Helmsman, sorting out five thousand wires by size or dropping your pants on command.'

'Hmm... sitting around all day. How does that pay per hour on that tasking occupation?' she asked with a humorous grin, on hearing Serge's "role".

'We're taking them a meal, not asking you to take them out for one.' she said with a laugh at his clear discomfort at going back down into the basement.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:23 am

"I am sure I will be able to handle it my good man."
Michael said with a slight smile.
Colin smiled wryly, "I suppose you've seen your share of misallocated anatomy..."

"What about all the other games I play I am not stopping before I have all the car in the Ridge Racer game I am currently on, and are you sure Oracles have any fun do they not just sit in the Umbra being wise and such, I can do that later."
Freddy replied and she took your hand for a moment and she looked at you fondly then she looked determined.
"And yes we are going to get Larson, we are going to get her good."
He chuckled, "With that sort of dedication to your studies, is it any wonder you're being trolled?"

"Good I want smores and you and you are just about as sweet."
Freddy said and looked at you lovingly. Michael was to polite to say anything but Theodora giggled at this.
"Just keep track of which sweet thing to roast over the campfire or not or that camping trip might end tragically."
The Tytalus said sounding amused and Freddy stuck out her tongue at her.
He grinned wryly and ran a hand across his face, "Eh, I'm not too concerned - I'm a fairly durable sort with quick reflexes. A campfire is nothing compared to a Stinger missile, or a few drops of molten silver..."

"Well if someone can pull it off then hats of to them, I will be happy to see grandpa back to his Chantry in Brazil where he will only make his Chantry mates unhappy and not be a complete embarrassment to the rest of us, he insulted a whole Tradition bad enough that they left, who know where they are now allowing the Union to get control of the physical representation of the Correspondence point, he did the same with a whole House or whatever they call their groups of Dreamspeakers. When most list the Nine they do so by name and then they get to the Seat of Forces and it is just That Bastard Tytalus, so yes if someone can kick my most beloved grandfather of the throne I will be most happy he will then no longer be an embarrassment for the Order or our House."
Theodora said and Michael looked nervous.
"Young Miss should you speak about one of the Primi in such a way, as Mr Wainwright say their decisions affect us all."
The young Tytalus shrugged.
"Have him put me up on charges, I don't care fuck him!"
He grimaced, "Well, some believe wizards can hear it when people talk about them referring to their true name - I don't think 'That Bastard Tytalus' qualifies as his true name, unless he has a highly unusual sense of humour... though I'm inclined to suspect he thrives a little more on the conflicts he creates than he should..."

"Mr Gillian's life would still be forfeit, you can not call a Wizard's March back I have no idea what Master Porthos is thinking, perhaps he is just an insane on man. We swear on the Code of Hermes when we are initiated and part of it are asking that if we break the Code and are cast out for our Sodalis to find us and slay us, a March can not be recalled."
Theodora said and shook her head.
"As for the Lady Crexia I do not know her other than by reputation so I really can not comment."
He frowned, "Perhaps if the charges were rebuked? If the cause for the March were to be null and void? As for Lady Crexia, I've met her... I'll be taking her on as an apprentice next year, in fact - specifically as a silversmith. She makes a point of learning a new craft or skill every few years to keep her mind fresh. A most pleasant woman, really."

"Agreed, well my Mentor have done this a few times, you would be surprised how many end up Awakening after accidents or near death experiences so he have some experience with easing someone into the Traditions, preferably before the Union finds them."
Richard said and looked in the direction of the mother and son.
"I hope things will be okey with them though."
He nodded thoughtfully, then grinned, "Do I ever know how a traumatic experience can Awaken someone... I got my face separated from my skull by modern rocketry, remember?"

"I see, well yes that do sound like you have some apologizing to do Colin, especially if Mrs Knox is protective of her friend. I will not ask more details then since this seam to be a sensitive topic but I will wish you good luck in clearing it up."
Richard said.
He nodded, "Her friend is delicate... it will be the hardest thing for me to face this weekend. Yet I must..."

"Hum...I have been needing a Saturn wand with inlays, I might just take you up on that office Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "You know where my shop is - but you might wish to call ahead to see if I'm in; I will be taking a few days off shortly..."

"I will keep Kyle safe and keep everyone else safe from Kyle and while my eyes are not clear enough to program yet I can use the apps already there."
Freddy said as you reached Richard's car.
"Ok let us get Kyle in, careful with his spine keep it as straight as possible."
Richard instructed.
Colin nodded and eased Kyle into the passenger seat, reclining it as far possible, "He gets to ride shotgun for the return trip, then... Luv, looks like we'll be squished a little together in the back seat. Hum... what do we do with the chair?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:05 am

Nicole and Serge:

Nicole listened to this with a puzzled look on her face; it was clear she didn't really understand this. Though it was polite incomprehension, a couple of nods as the large woman left.

Mara gave you a smile not commenting on your puzzlement, then she nodded to you and Serge before she hurriedly left to get away from the iron in the kitchen.

"Of course. In fact me and Nicole can just do that ourselves after we eat. You just go and get some rest." Serge said with a nod.

"You and the noble knight are most kind young artist, I am grateful."
The round woman said and she gave you a smile.
"I will leave it in your hands then."
She said before she left.

(OOC: I am running around getting ready to go home to my mother to visit tomorrow and now that I am not well everything go so much more slowly so I will reply to Colin's longer post as soon as I am able, sorry for being slow.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:27 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "I suppose you've seen your share of misallocated anatomy..."

"I have unfortunately."

He chuckled, "With that sort of dedication to your studies, is it any wonder you're being trolled?"

"My little personal troll can just go and hide under a bridge, but I do spend time on my magick as well you know love not to mention there is allot of wisdom to be found in computer games."
Freddy griped then she gave you a big grin.

He grinned wryly and ran a hand across his face, "Eh, I'm not too concerned - I'm a fairly durable sort with quick reflexes. A campfire is nothing compared to a Stinger missile, or a few drops of molten silver..."

"A Stinger missile is that what happened?"
Theodora asked plainly and nodded towards your face.
"I thought I was a fireball...ehm a magickal fireball I guess it was in fact a fireball, that can not have been plesant."
The Tytalus commented an grimaced.

He grimaced, "Well, some believe wizards can hear it when people talk about them referring to their true name - I don't think 'That Bastard Tytalus' qualifies as his true name, unless he has a highly unusual sense of humour... though I'm inclined to suspect he thrives a little more on the conflicts he creates than he should..."

"I guess some can at that when their true name is mentioned and no that Bastard Tytalus is not my grandpa's true name, but it really should be."
Theodora said with a wry smile.
"He have forgotten the path of conflict and now seek only security and power."

He frowned, "Perhaps if the charges were rebuked? If the cause for the March were to be null and void?

"It might be possible to reinstate him into the Order yes if the charges against him are proven to be false, but doing that will be no easy task."

As for Lady Crexia, I've met her... I'll be taking her on as an apprentice next year, in fact - specifically as a silversmith. She makes a point of learning a new craft or skill every few years to keep her mind fresh. A most pleasant woman, really."

"Well I shall hope to meet the good Lady one day then, perhaps while she is guesting our Tribunal to learn silver crafting."
Theodora said and nodded.

He nodded thoughtfully, then grinned, "Do I ever know how a traumatic experience can Awaken someone... I got my face separated from my skull by modern rocketry, remember?"

Richard looked at you for a moment and grimaced.
"I am sorry Colin I should not have put it that way."
He said apologetically.

He nodded, "Her friend is delicate... it will be the hardest thing for me to face this weekend. Yet I must..."

"I wish there was more I could do than wish you good luck Colin but I fear this is one task you have to head for alone."
The young Akashic commented and frowned.

He nodded, "You know where my shop is - but you might wish to call ahead to see if I'm in; I will be taking a few days off shortly..."

"I do indeed know where your shop is Mr Wainwright and I will call ahead when I get the chance to see you about my wand, yeah some time off after this whole mess might be a good idea."
Theodora agreed.

Colin nodded and eased Kyle into the passenger seat, reclining it as far possible, "He gets to ride shotgun for the return trip, then... Luv, looks like we'll be squished a little together in the back seat.

"Oh no sitting close together what ever will I do."
Freddy said with a grin that said what she would like to do. Richard smiled a little before he found a pillow from the back of the car and put Kyle's foot on it, the young widderslainte woke up an winced a little.
"Where are we?"
He muttered.

Hum... what do we do with the chair?"

"There is a depo right there where chairs that have been used to ferry patients to cars can be placed and then porters will come and bring them back inside."
Richard said and pointed.
"Just get in and I will take the wheelchair to the depo."
Richard said as he begun to hurry away with the now empty wheelchair.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:17 pm

"My little personal troll can just go and hide under a bridge, but I do spend time on my magick as well you know love not to mention there is allot of wisdom to be found in computer games."
Freddy griped then she gave you a big grin.
Colin grinned, "Perhaps not so much wisdom as practical tricks - but one takes what one can get, right?"

"A Stinger missile is that what happened?"
Theodora asked plainly and nodded towards your face.
"I thought I was a fireball...ehm a magickal fireball I guess it was in fact a fireball, that can not have been plesant."
The Tytalus commented an grimaced.
He nodded, "Quite painful... It took a Master of Mind to work around the traumatic aspects of it, and make me reasonably functional among people again..."
He glanced over his shoulder, "I'm still not overly fond of crowds, though I'll manage..."
He grinned wryly, "I suspect whoever named that missile must have been unusually British, since 'Stinger' is the understatement of the last century."

"I guess some can at that when their true name is mentioned and no that Bastard Tytalus is not my grandpa's true name, but it really should be."
Theodora said with a wry smile.
"He have forgotten the path of conflict and now seek only security and power."
He nodded thoughtfully, "That describes precisely the sort of person who should never be given political power - he desires it too much to be trusted to use it responsibly..."

"It might be possible to reinstate him into the Order yes if the charges against him are proven to be false, but doing that will be no easy task."
He sighed, "Well, not much I can do, either way, except perhaps whisper in an ear or two. It seems people listen to my words, so... Well, I hope to establish a House of my own, unaffiliated with any one Tradition - to mediate between the Traditions on individual levels. That's probably going to take quite some time of currying favour with everyone to accomplish..."

"Well I shall hope to meet the good Lady one day then, perhaps while she is guesting our Tribunal to learn silver crafting."
Theodora said and nodded.
He nodded, "I expect her stay will last a few months - she'll likely want to tour the city, as well, during her stay."

Richard looked at you for a moment and grimaced.
"I am sorry Colin I should not have put it that way."
He said apologetically.
He nodded, "Quite alright, it was an honest and true statement. Besides, not every traumatic incident leads to an Awakening, either..."

"I wish there was more I could do than wish you good luck Colin but I fear this is one task you have to head for alone."
The young Akashic commented and frowned.
He nodded, "So it is."

"I do indeed know where your shop is Mr Wainwright and I will call ahead when I get the chance to see you about my wand, yeah some time off after this whole mess might be a good idea."
Theodora agreed.
He grinned to Freddy, "I believe the plan involves a time bubble, a couch fortress and a stack of books..."

"Oh no sitting close together what ever will I do."
Freddy said with a grin that said what she would like to do. Richard smiled a little before he found a pillow from the back of the car and put Kyle's foot on it, the young widderslainte woke up an winced a little.
"Where are we?"
He muttered.
He gave Freddy a sly grin, then smiled to Kyle, "We're getting back in the car... Sorry if it hurt, but we're making the seat as comfortable as we can for you - try to get some more sleep for now?"

"There is a depo right there where chairs that have been used to ferry patients to cars can be placed and then porters will come and bring them back inside."
Richard said and pointed.
"Just get in and I will take the wheelchair to the depo."
Richard said as he begun to hurry away with the now empty wheelchair.
He nodded and gently fastened Kyle's seatbelt, "Right; we'll wiggle in."
Then he opened the door for Freddy and let her into the back seat before climbing in after her.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Nicole wrote:'Yeah... not many Scientists agree with you on that.' Nicole wryly replied, taking another couple of spoonfuls of soup before continuing. 'Y'see, lots see themselves as academics first... hell, most of them started out there. Which means they get obsessed about the usual bullshit, like "publish or perish", politicking for tenure and all that.' giving a little snort. 'Obviously, if you're out there doing shit, you're not sitting writing a paper for Helmsman, sorting out five thousand wires by size or dropping your pants on command.'

"Ahh good old science. Spend the entire day doing the same task over and over again collecting data and hoping for the same results." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Do they suffer from the same problems as sleeper scientists? Like by 'publish or perish' do you mean that they're forced to publish a big scientific discovery or else their research money is taken away?" Serge asked wondering about the difference between regular scientists and etherites.

Nicole wrote:'Hmm... sitting around all day. How does that pay per hour on that tasking occupation?' she asked with a humorous grin, on hearing Serge's "role".

"About zero dollars and zero cents. But sometimes I find a penny on the ground." Serge said with a shrug and humorous grin.

"I get most of the things I need from the chantry I'm at. Any actual money that I have is typically sent by my parents." Serge said making no further effort to explain his financial situation.

Nicole wrote:'We're taking them a meal, not asking you to take them out for one.' she said with a laugh at his clear discomfort at going back down into the basement.

"You sure about that? Because it certainly feel that way. Every time I've been down there I've had to talk one of the prisoners. Either as an interrogator or in a hostage situation. You know funnily enough it was with the same guy. " Serge said wryly remembering the many adventures he had in the basement.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Perhaps not so much wisdom as practical tricks - but one takes what one can get, right?"

"You would be surprised where one can find wisdom love but yes there certainly are practical tricks to be found as well."
Freddy said and smiled.

He nodded, "Quite painful... It took a Master of Mind to work around the traumatic aspects of it, and make me reasonably functional among people again..."
He glanced over his shoulder, "I'm still not overly fond of crowds, though I'll manage..."

"I see, I am glad you got help at least Sir and that you are functional again."
Theodora said then she glanced around the busy cafeteria.
"I do not mean to keep you here if it makes you uncomfortable though."

He grinned wryly, "I suspect whoever named that missile must have been unusually British, since 'Stinger' is the understatement of the last century."

That made the Tytalus laugh a little.
"Yeah they might have been."

He nodded thoughtfully, "That describes precisely the sort of person who should never be given political power - he desires it too much to be trusted to use it responsibly..."

"Agreed, my grandpa he was completely powerless once, he was held as a slave before he Awakened I guess now he is grasping for more and more power to never feel that helpless again...or so I hear."
Theodora commented.

He sighed, "Well, not much I can do, either way, except perhaps whisper in an ear or two. It seems people listen to my words, so... Well, I hope to establish a House of my own, unaffiliated with any one Tradition - to mediate between the Traditions on individual levels. That's probably going to take quite some time of currying favour with everyone to accomplish..."

"I am not so sure there is anything anyone can do Mr Wainwright as far as Mr Gillian is concerned, when that is said that House idea you have is interesting and I do think the Traditions might benefit from something like that, good luck with it."
The Hermetic said and nodded approvingly.

He nodded, "I expect her stay will last a few months - she'll likely want to tour the city, as well, during her stay."

"Excellent then perhaps I will have the honor of running into her at some point when she is here then, and I would be honored to give her a tour of the city."

He nodded, "Quite alright, it was an honest and true statement. Besides, not every traumatic incident leads to an Awakening, either..."

"No not every traumatic incident do, I am still sorry for my poor choice of words though my friend."
Richard said.

He nodded, "So it is."

The Akashic just gave a solemn nod at that.

He grinned to Freddy, "I believe the plan involves a time bubble, a couch fortress and a stack of books..."

"Yeah and don't forget some of those oddly named desserts."
Freddy said and grinned.
"We got to have a few of those, but yes a couch fortress sounds lovely."
She said and gave you a loving smile.

He gave Freddy a sly grin, then smiled to Kyle, "We're getting back in the car... Sorry if it hurt, but we're making the seat as comfortable as we can for you - try to get some more sleep for now?"

"O...ok so we are leaving the hospital? Good I...do not want to be here anymore..."
Kyle muttered sleepily.
"Thank you...Sir I am ok..."
He said before he drifted back into sleep.
"He is probably going to drift of a bit until the drugs are out of his system."
Freddy said and she gave the boy a concerned look.
"Well perhaps that is good he needs his rest."

He nodded and gently fastened Kyle's seatbelt, "Right; we'll wiggle in."
Then he opened the door for Freddy and let her into the back seat before climbing in after her.

Freddy got into the car and she then rested her head on your shoulder, she was terrified over what Richard had found in her head but she did not like to show it, you could see that she was worried though as she sat there next to you. Richard returned and got in the driver's seat and asked.
"Ok are you all ready to go?"
The Akashic asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:17 pm

Kristina took the envelope and placed it in the belt pouch of her dress. "I will get this delivered as soon as possible, and do not worry I help out where I am needed, perhaps it is I who will need help at some other point in time. Also it is still Kristina, not ma'am." She said and smiled

"Thank you again," he said with a nod to her.

"Very good I will wait here with the vampires in the meantime then." The Verbena agreed.

He nodded at that, leaving her to take care of the other tasks.

You got to the other side of the basement, the one with the ritual chambers, labs, Tass storage and the Node, Bruce was still on guard duty in the end of the hall, the man nodded to you but he had never been one to talk allot. In the Node chamber you found Amadeus tending to Beatrice, the girl was awake and groaning in pain and clearly she was uneasy but she never the less looked up at you when she saw you and smiled. "Hi..." She managed, she was deathly pale and covered in sweat but her eyes focused better now. "You are back."

He nodded back to Bruce, allowing him to check him since he'd been out of the chantry, before entering. He glanced around, noting Tobias and then his cabalmate and Amadeus. His own pain was nothing, he knew to what Beatrice was feeling but at least she seemed a bit more coherent. "Mikrí aderfí, yes I am back." He didn't want her to know anything had happened to him, at least not that he was hurt so she wouldn't worry further and keep her energy on her own healing. He knelt down so they were closer and she wouldn't strain to see him and put a hand along her hair and forehead. "Shhhh....I know it hurts and I am sorry...but try to relax...I am sorry I could not come down sooner."

Amadeus gave you a very slight nod of his head. "Mr Roth Hicks...are you here to see my student?"
"I am also here to see you, if that is acceptable. I have a question about something in your expertise, sir."

// safe trip Anja

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:04 pm

"You would be surprised where one can find wisdom love but yes there certainly are practical tricks to be found as well."
Freddy said and smiled.
Colin grinned, "Well, I can hardly protest - I'm the one who cobbled together an understanding of magic from Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter... well, and a dozen other series, plus a few role-playing games..."

"I see, I am glad you got help at least Sir and that you are functional again."
Theodora said then she glanced around the busy cafeteria.
"I do not mean to keep you here if it makes you uncomfortable though."
He nodded, "It's not a problem unless I have to address everyone... I can deal with maneuvering through a crowd, but public speaking gives me the heebie-jeebies, as you Americans call it."

"Agreed, my grandpa he was completely powerless once, he was held as a slave before he Awakened I guess now he is grasping for more and more power to never feel that helpless again...or so I hear."
Theodora commented.
He frowned, "So it is paranoia which fuels him... Not good..."

"I am not so sure there is anything anyone can do Mr Wainwright as far as Mr Gillian is concerned, when that is said that House idea you have is interesting and I do think the Traditions might benefit from something like that, good luck with it."
The Hermetic said and nodded approvingly.
He nodded, "The idea is well overdue... Perhaps it should have been implemented when the Traditions were founded, though I suppose the idea of a house of Diplomats was rather tainted since the Tremere fell..."

"Excellent then perhaps I will have the honor of running into her at some point when she is here then, and I would be honored to give her a tour of the city."
He nodded, "I suppose it would be an opportune time to shop for silver, hmm?"

"No not every traumatic incident do, I am still sorry for my poor choice of words though my friend."
Richard said.
He smiled, "There's nothing to forgive. But context is everything - not everyone is as comfortable with their scars as I am, perhaps."

"Yeah and don't forget some of those oddly named desserts."
Freddy said and grinned.
"We got to have a few of those, but yes a couch fortress sounds lovely."
She said and gave you a loving smile.
He nodded, "I have one of those portable gas stoves; so long as we can keep the fridge running, we can stock up and stay for a long, long time..."

"O...ok so we are leaving the hospital? Good I...do not want to be here anymore..."
Kyle muttered sleepily.
"Thank you...Sir I am ok..."
He said before he drifted back into sleep.
"He is probably going to drift of a bit until the drugs are out of his system."
Freddy said and she gave the boy a concerned look.
"Well perhaps that is good he needs his rest."
He nodded, "We're going home now, son. Rest your head now, you've earned it."

Freddy got into the car and she then rested her head on your shoulder, she was terrified over what Richard had found in her head but she did not like to show it, you could see that she was worried though as she sat there next to you. Richard returned and got in the driver's seat and asked.
"Ok are you all ready to go?"
The Akashic asked.
He leaned close to Freddy, resting his head against hers as he murmured softly, "We found a way to get it out, it just isn't comfortable... and it comes with a possible side order of partial undeath. It's essentially harmless, possibly to the extent of making you more durable, but there seems to be a good chance it will eliminate many of the problems you currently need to medicate... It will be alright, luv."
He waited until Richard entered the car and nodded, "I believe so - let's hurry home."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Adley:

"Thank you again," he said with a nod to her.

Kristina just gave you a smile at that.

He nodded at that, leaving her to take care of the other tasks.

"Ehm...Adley before I go I would like to go and pay my respect to my Mentor's brother and his apprentice if she is well enough for a short visit."
Kristina requested.

He nodded back to Bruce, allowing him to check him since he'd been out of the chantry, before entering.

Bruce patted you down and checked that you where who you seamed to be and did not bring anything dangerous into the Node chamber, he also took your weapon just until you where done in the Node.

He glanced around, noting Tobias and then his cabalmate and Amadeus. His own pain was nothing, he knew to what Beatrice was feeling but at least she seemed a bit more coherent. "Mikrí aderfí, yes I am back." He didn't want her to know anything had happened to him, at least not that he was hurt so she wouldn't worry further and keep her energy on her own healing. He knelt down so they were closer and she wouldn't strain to see him and put a hand along her hair and forehead. "Shhhh....I know it hurts and I am sorry...but try to relax...I am sorry I could not come down sooner."

"It is a little better now brother..."
Beatrice said as she looked at you, she was more coherent but still she had to rest between sentences.
"My Mentor made a medicine that makes it hurt...a bit less."
She muttered then she smiled a little.
"It is ok...I know we are...at war, and you are here now."
She said then there was another moment of rest before she whispered.
"Are everyone else safe...to brother?"
She whispered then her eyes slowly closed talking was still tiring her out even if she could focus a little better now.

"I am also here to see you, if that is acceptable. I have a question about something in your expertise, sir."

Amadeus nodded at that.
"We can have a talk out in the hallway while we ask Mr King to stay in here with Bee in the meantime, I do not like to leave her alone."
The old Verbena said and he gave a concerned frown.
"If you would ask Mr King to come in here I will be right with you."

Colin:

Colin grinned, "Well, I can hardly protest - I'm the one who cobbled together an understanding of magic from Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter... well, and a dozen other series, plus a few role-playing games..."

"Well whatever works love. I have found I can use computer games to cast quite a few different spells."
Freddy said and grinned.

He nodded, "It's not a problem unless I have to address everyone... I can deal with maneuvering through a crowd, but public speaking gives me the heebie-jeebies, as you Americans call it."

"That is quite understandable Mr Wainwright."
Theodora said and she gave a sympathetic nod.

He frowned, "So it is paranoia which fuels him... Not good..."

"Well at least it is fear, I can not be sure off course but something tells me that inside the shell of a powerful archmage and member of the Council of Nine still sits a terrified, powerless slave who never dealt with the traumas from that time...not that I am some sort of shrink or anything so I am just guessing here."

He nodded, "The idea is well overdue... Perhaps it should have been implemented when the Traditions were founded, though I suppose the idea of a house of Diplomats was rather tainted since the Tremere fell..."

"We have a House like that though there is not much left of it today it was a Founding House, but off course they are still Hermetics so many other Traditions think they can not stay neutral, but House Jerbiton is a House of diplomats."
Theodora informed you.

He nodded, "I suppose it would be an opportune time to shop for silver, hmm?"

"Yeah...so it would...so it would, just let me know when Mr Wainwright."
The Tytalus said and grinned.

He smiled, "There's nothing to forgive. But context is everything - not everyone is as comfortable with their scars as I am, perhaps."

"No not everyone is my friend, someone never learn to accept their scars, those that can be seen, and those that can not."
Richard said and he looked towards Freddy for a moment and frowned.

He nodded, "I have one of those portable gas stoves; so long as we can keep the fridge running, we can stock up and stay for a long, long time..."

"Now that sounds heavenly, just you and me, a sofa fortress and a full fridge, perfect."
Freddy said and she gave you an affectionate hug.

He nodded, "We're going home now, son. Rest your head now, you've earned it."

Kyle smiled a little at that then his eyes slid close as the drugs sent him back to sleep again.
"Thank you Sir."
He muttered.

He leaned close to Freddy, resting his head against hers as he murmured softly, "We found a way to get it out, it just isn't comfortable... and it comes with a possible side order of partial undeath. It's essentially harmless, possibly to the extent of making you more durable, but there seems to be a good chance it will eliminate many of the problems you currently need to medicate... It will be alright, luv."

"Really you can get it out without cutting it out?"
Freddy asked and you could hear her relief.
"Uncomfortable I can deal with the partial undeath thing though you are going to have to explain to me, but if you can get it out that would be...great..."
She muttered and she grasped your hand for a moment, she did not like to show fear or weakness but you could sense that she was worried about anything else happening to her brain.

He waited until Richard entered the car and nodded, "I believe so - let's hurry home."

Richard nodded and started the car.
"Keep your eyes out please just in case we are being followed, I doubt we will be but since we just chased off and Nephandus and we know there works a Technocrat at the hospital so better safe than sorry."
The Akashic said and Freddy looked skeptical.
"There works a bloody Union man at the hospital?"

(OOC: Thank you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next