Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 16 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:58 am

'The "mystical" part.' she replied, looking around the room again. 'Not in Kansas anymore.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 16 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:24 am

Nicole wrote:'The "mystical" part.' she replied, looking around the room again. 'Not in Kansas anymore.'

"I much prefer the Land of Oz and this place to Kansas." Serge admitted. "More fun here."

"Are you new to the whole 'mystical' sort of thing or you just don't like it?" Serge asked making vague wavy magical gestures with his hand.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:53 am

'Not if I have to do skipping or wear a dress.' the large woman replied with a raised eyebrow.

'Oh... haven't done that whole formal intro thing... or don't think we have. Nicole Bouchard, Sons of Ether.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:57 am

Nicole wrote:'Not if I have to do skipping or wear a dress.' the large woman replied with a raised eyebrow.

"I cannot imagine you in a dress....and I've imagined some crazy things." Serge said with a light-hearted chuckle.

'Oh... haven't done that whole formal intro thing... or don't think we have. Nicole Bouchard, Sons of Ether.'

"Huh I thought we did... but just in case. Serge Yager, Cult of Ecstasy." Serge said introducing himself.

"So your part of the Sons of Ether? That's awesome! Don't you guys make those cool gadgets and gizmos and things like that? Do you have anything like that?" Serge said excitedly, remembering the many Etherite devices that he had heard about in the past.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:45 am

'Good. And that's the way it'll stay.' she replied about the dresses comment, giving a tiny smile - which grew a bit and had an added eyebrow on Serge's question.

'Sorry, no death-rays or laser guns on show today. More a field Scientist than a chair-polisher. You got enough substances to alter the world for everyone in the building, or am I gonna have to talk to one of those shady kids on the street corner?' leaning up on the wall by the door.

[I checked the thread... no, they hadn't properly introduced each other yet]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:04 am

Nicole wrote:'Sorry, no death-rays or laser guns on show today. More a field Scientist than a chair-polisher.

"Aw man..." Serge said showing actual disappointment at not being able to  see a death ray.

You got enough substances to alter the world for everyone in the building, or am I gonna have to talk to one of those shady kids on the street corner?' leaning up on the wall by the door.

"Sorry not a drug dealer...my mentor has most of the extreme stuff. Mainly because she's a psychiatrist. Other than a couple of antidepressants and a few other things here and there, I don't carry that sort of stuff on me." Serge said with a grin.

"I'm more of a fan of altering people worlds with art and imagination or just staring at them until they start seeing things." Serge said glancing over at Nicole.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed psychologist to psychiatrist)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:17 am

'Damn... kids it is. Oh well.' giving a little shrug, ending with a clear growl of an empty stomach. 'Is there anywhere where you can get something to eat round here? I don't even have mustard.' pulling out what appeared to be a roll of tape and a multi-tool from her pockets.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:22 am

Nicole wrote:'Damn... kids it is. Oh well.' giving a little shrug, ending with a clear growl of an empty stomach. 'Is there anywhere where you can get something to eat round here? I don't even have mustard.' pulling out what appeared to be a roll of tape and a multi-tool from her pockets.

"I think the cafeteria is the first place to look." Serge said eyeing the tools that Nicole pulled out of her pocket.

"I'm pretty sure their's a kitchen somewhere in their. It has a bunch of random supplies. Earlier today I had to make breakfast for a prisoner I interrogated so I got to see some of the things they had." Serge said recalling his interesting first task since arriving to the chantry.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:30 am

Nicole listened to this as she idly pulled out the blade on the tool, sliced off a small bit of the tape and pressed it [apparently] on the palm of her gloved hand. 'The cafeteria? Hmm... better get my bag from there too. And that gun I left lying around. Suspect that's not a good thing.' stuffing the things back in her pockets.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:35 am

Nicole wrote:Nicole listened to this as she idly pulled out the blade on the tool, sliced off a small bit of the tape and pressed it [apparently] on the palm of her gloved hand. 'The cafeteria? Hmm... better get my bag from there too. And that gun I left lying around. Suspect that's not a good thing.' stuffing the things back in her pockets.

Yeah I doubt they'd like that. Leaving a gun in a place as public as the cafeteria is probably not a good idea. Who knows....someone might eat it." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Any particular reason your taping your hand?" Serge said as he watched Nicole perform the strange action.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:43 am

A little chuckle at this. 'Should return it, anyways. Fancy grabbing a coffee or something? Assume you've been on the go since the attack too.'

'The tape... 'cos I ripped my glove.' she stated, like that answer was completely self-explanatory.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:51 am

Nicole wrote:A little chuckle at this. 'Should return it, anyways. Fancy grabbing a coffee or something? Assume you've been on the go since the attack too.'

"Sure, why not. It's true I haven't had much of a break. But from what I've heard your day so far has been a lot more exhausting." Serge said with a nod.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:56 am

Nicole gave a "lead on" gesture and pushed herself off the wall. 'A bit dicey, yeah. Getting shot is an experience that doesn't get easier with experience.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:10 am

Nicole gave a "lead on" gesture and pushed herself off the wall. 'A bit dicey, yeah. Getting shot is an experience that doesn't get easier with experience.'

Serge began retracing his steps and leading Nicole to the cafeteria. He opened his sketchbook and began sketching small doodles as the duo walked.

"Yeah I can imagine getting shot isn't the most pleasant experience. Or battling an enraged vampire. Or fighting giant slime oil spirit monsters. Still can't help but envy you. I've always wanted to be able to fight like that." Serge commented as they walked towards the cafeteria.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:13 am

Colin:

Colin frowned, "There will be casualties... Probably fatalities, too - but hopefully we can keep those to a minimum..."

Richard gave you a dark look and nodded.
"Yes there will be, bloody Nephandi."
He said with a sad sigh.

He nodded, "Very good. I would say I look forward to seeing you there, but... that's rather unlikely, I suppose. Different parts of the battlefield, that sort of thing..."

"I am not sure what part of the battlefield I will be assigned to, I can both fight physically and with magick to a, well if you excuse my vanity, acceptable degree but I am also a healer so Master Morgan might decide not to send the healers into the front lines."
Michael said and nodded.
"Do stay safe during the battle though, or if fate do not shine on you then die with honor taking as many of the bastards with you as possible when you go."
The Akashic said and Freddy scowled at him a bit but she said nothing.

He grinned, "That's the beauty of it - the thing can be summoned from elsewhere; it wouldn't need to be at the same time and space as us."

"Ah yes well then everything is fine, but since I assume we will go hiking before you have built this marvel perhaps we should go someplace where there is less werewolves, and cell reception not to mention wifi?"
Freddy said and raised an eyebrow.

He frowned, "And much as they both deserve respect for their deeds, with a few very specific exceptions for Tremere, I humply opine they were both less than correct in their view on the matter. Though I think, perhaps, Tremere was closer to the truth - depending on what ends one pursues."

"Well we all have to find our own truths, but those of us in the Order tend to live by the ideals of the House Founders though we do not regard them as flawless."
Theodora said.

He nodded, voice soft, "I remember speaking with her in the future... She is possibly the closest I've heard to the ideal Officer. If I don't make it back, she'll notify my family..."

"Yeah she manage a balance between being one of the guys and at the same time being elevated so you know who is the leader."
The Tytalus said.
"Many of the Primi and their aides and other higher ups in the Traditions are all high and mighty and look down on anyone else, I should know my Mentor are one of the Seat of Forces's numerous apprentices and no one is a bigger dick than grandpa to say it like that. Alexis Hastings though are elevated and seam to think that a leader have to hold themselves to a higher standard than everyone else not that leadership just give them privileges."
The Tytalus said and frowned.

He frowned and looked over at the mother and child, "Oh, dear... Doctors, would one of you want to address that one, or should I?"

Michael nodded.
"I got this, if you will excuse me then...and Richard I want you to bring your sister to Steelhaven before the battle their defenses are better than ours and I want her safe."
Richard nodded at that.
"I will do so Mentor."
He agreed. Michael then walked over to the mother and son and said.
"I could not help but overhear, would the two of you mind meeting me in an examination room once you have have finished your breakfast, I am sure it is nothing dangerous but let us make sure your son is safe ma'am and also talk about any side effects of the ehm...medication."
The Akashic suggested the mother nodded.
"Just tell me which room on which floor."
She agreed but the boy seamed skeptical.
"Are you going to do something that hurts?"
He said and pouted and the Akashic shook his head.
"Not at all I might shine a light into your eyes and talk with you a little but nothing will hurt."
He said then he turned to the mother.
"I will send a porter with a wheelchair for the boy to take you there Ma'am...in shall we say twenty minutes?"
He asked and the mother nodded in agreement.
"Very well Doctor...Wong..."
She said after she had read Michael's name tag.
"Thank you this is kind of you, I do worry when my son is put on such heavy medication."

Richard just looked at you and smiled a little.
"The boy might have Awakened from his accident, traumatic experiences sometimes act like a catalyst for enlightenment...well then should we return to Steelhaven and get Kyle to a bed?"
He asked and nodded towards Kyle, the drug in his system and all the fear and pain and made him fall asleep in the wheelchair, his hand still clutching the book Freddy had gotten him.

Serge:

"Hey Master Sharaya. Wait hold up I have something for you!" Serge said as he saw the teleporting Master pass by him and quickly caught up to him.

"Master Morgan wanted me to give you these drawings of Lisa Larson and her crew. Said he wanted you to make copies of them to give out to our strike teams." the young cultist said as he pulled out his 4 drawings, each depicting its own high-ranking Nephandi member.

Narim stopped in his tracks and turned to face you when you spoke to him.
"You have something for me? Ah I will have copies of these drawings made and brought down to Chief Morgan's office the next time I see him."
The Virtual Adept said with a kind smile as he looked at the drawings an frowned.
"Hum...these are the ones then our main targets...I might be able to write an app that will make it easier to locate them within the Labyrinth using the arcane connection these drawings form with them...think of it like a quest marker in a computer game."
He said more to himself than to you.
"I might indeed write such an app if I can pull it off...oh and Mr Yager please feel free to call me Narim unless we are in the middle of a Council session or some other occasion where formality is needed, I prefer just to be called by name."
The Virtual Adept said and smiled.

Serge and Nicole:

You get to the cafeteria there is not many there now. You saw the kid rescued from the Nephandus in the basement sitting there seaming copying text from one book into small scrolls, a coffee beside him, other than that no one was in the cafeteria itself. Nicole's bag and the gun was where she had left them though and there was the smell of cooking coming from the kitchen.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:32 am

Serge's Post:

'Well, didn't really "battle" the bloodsucker. Simply pushed it back then punched it.' she replied, following in Serge's wake. 'And I said before, I'd been royally fucked if the others hadn't been there to provide more targets for the slicks.'

'Be careful what you wish for. Do a few moves that work and next thing you know you're slated for every guard shift, raid and general chances for you to die in lots of different ways.' a little more gloomy in tone, entering the cafeteria.

After retrieving the gun, she follows the smell, giving a nod of greeting to the kid she'd rescued earlier.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:40 am

The young Hermetic apprentice waved at you and smiled he was still grateful.
"Good morning Ma'am."
He said as you passed him on your was into a large kitchen. At the pots stood the large, overweight woman with the colorful dress and multitude of bangles and her hair in ringlets down her back that you had seen during the fight upstairs, she was making some sort of soup, at her feet two kittens that was made of the same material as the oil slick men where playing with a piece of string.
"Ah welcome young inventor knight and hello again young artist, there is a bowl of soup for you here if you so desire before I fill some bowls and take this down to the guards and our prisoners below."
The woman said with a grandiose gesture of her thick arm.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:49 am

In the Hallway:

Narim stopped in his tracks and turned to face you when you spoke to him.
"You have something for me? Ah I will have copies of these drawings made and brought down to Chief Morgan's office the next time I see him."
The Virtual Adept said with a kind smile as he looked at the drawings an frowned.
"Hum...these are the ones then our main targets...I might be able to write an app that will make it easier to locate them within the Labyrinth using the arcane connection these drawings form with them...think of it like a quest marker in a computer game."
He said more to himself than to you.
"I might indeed write such an app if I can pull it off...oh and Mr Yager please feel free to call me Narim unless we are in the middle of a Council session or some other occasion where formality is needed, I prefer just to be called by name."

"Man I'd love to have a skyrim-esque quest marker leading us to the bad guys. It would make all of this feel like a video game." Serge said with a slight chuckle.

"I can call you Narim. In exchange would you mind just calling me Serge? Mr. Yager never sounded right to me." Serge said returning the smile.

Serge and Nicole:

You get to the cafeteria there is not many there now. You saw the kid rescued from the Nephandus in the basement sitting there seaming copying text from one book into small scrolls, a coffee beside him, other than that no one was in the cafeteria itself. Nicole's bag and the gun was where she had left them though and there was the smell of cooking coming from the kitchen.

Serge gave a friendly wave to the kid that he had met in the basement before following the smell with Nicole.

Nicole wrote:'Well, didn't really "battle" the bloodsucker. Simply pushed it back then punched it.' she replied, following in Serge's wake. 'And I said before, I'd been royally fucked if the others hadn't been there to provide more targets for the slicks.'

"You punched an undead enraged frenzied monster. And hurt it! And then it attacked you back and you survived. That's no small feat and sounds like a battle to me." Serge said with a smile.

Nicole wrote:'Be careful what you wish for. Do a few moves that work and next thing you know you're slated for every guard shift, raid and general chances for you to die in lots of different ways.' a little more gloomy in tone, entering the cafeteria.

After retrieving the gun, she follows the smell, giving a nod of greeting to the kid she'd rescued earlier.

"Ha! As if." Serge said in disbelief.

"I'm the last person they'd send on guard duty and especially on a raid. I'm probably the last person they'll use for anything. Everyone here is so good at everything. I don't exactly have many useful talents." Serge said with a laugh but still maintaining the gloomy tone.

"Not to mention my mentor would likely strangle the person who sent me on any sort of dangerous mission....and then strangle me next."

He said as you passed him on your was into a large kitchen. At the pots stood the large, overweight woman with the colorful dress and multitude of bangles and her hair in ringlets down her back that you had seen during the fight upstairs, she was making some sort of soup, at her feet two kittens that was made of the same material as the oil slick men where playing with a piece of string.
"Ah welcome young inventor knight and hello again young artist, there is a bowl of soup for you here if you so desire before I fill some bowls and take this down to the guards and our prisoners below."
The woman said with a grandiose gesture of her thick arm.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you again." Serge said enthusiastically glad to be meeting the Deaconess once again.

"And hi to the cat's as well. They seem to be doing well." Serge said with a smile as he waved at the two kitten playing around the feet of the fae mage.

"Thank you for your offer. I don't think I've eaten a full meal at all today. I would love to some soup" Serge said respectfully glancing at the soup that the Deaconess was cooking.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:44 am

'Barely a scrap, no way an actual fight.' Nicole countered 'All I did was stop it fleeing, for you don't want an enemy behind and in front.'

'What, you expect it all to come to you at once?' she continued, giving a deep sniff of what was cooking. 'Hadn't even realised about all this when I was your age... Lord, can't believe I just said that, I.' frowning and giving a sigh. 'I'll be wearing beige and falling asleep while complaining, next.'

'What's cooking?' she asked the large woman by the pots with a smile on her face; which changed into puzzlement on seeing the kittens.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:11 am

Nicole wrote:'Barely a scrap, no way an actual fight.' Nicole countered 'All I did was stop it fleeing, for you don't want an enemy behind and in front.'

"All right. That make sense." Serge conceded although the tone of his voice made it seem like he didn't quite believe Nicole.

Nicole wrote:'What, you expect it all to come to you at once?' she continued, giving a deep sniff of what was cooking. 'Hadn't even realised about all this when I was your age... Lord, can't believe I just said that, I.' frowning and giving a sigh. 'I'll be wearing beige and falling asleep while complaining, next.'

Serge chuckled at Nicole's minor midlife crisis. "I dunno, I can imagine you as the type of person who would remain a badass regardless of what age they were. Telling epic stories to your grandkids while simultaneously fending off a horde of ninjas."

Nicole wrote:'What's cooking?' she asked the large woman by the pots with a smile on her face; which changed into puzzlement on seeing the kittens.

Serge noticed Nicole's puzzled expression and pointed to the kittens. "You know...one of these little guys tried to kill me. Or grievously injure me. I'm not sure what would have happened if those oil men had hit me."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:57 am

Serge:

"Man I'd love to have a skyrim-esque quest marker leading us to the bad guys. It would make all of this feel like a video game." Serge said with a slight chuckle.

"So it would I guess but it would be a video game with no continue or save and where you could really get killed or worse if you step wrong."
Narim said and frowned.

"I can call you Narim. In exchange would you mind just calling me Serge? Mr. Yager never sounded right to me." Serge said returning the smile.

"It's a deal Serge."
"Well then I should get these drawings to the copy machine then."
He said as he tapped the stack with a finger.

Nicole and Serge:

Serge gave a friendly wave to the kid that he had met in the basement before following the smell with Nicole.

Andrew waved back to you before he bent over his work again.

"Hi! It's nice to meet you again." Serge said enthusiastically glad to be meeting the Deaconess once again.

"Greetings young artist yes it is a pleasure to see you again."
Mara said and smiled.

"And hi to the cat's as well. They seem to be doing well." Serge said with a smile as he waved at the two kitten playing around the feet of the fae mage.

"They are well and happy thank you young artist."
The Deaconess said fondly as she looked down at the playing kittens the ehm...animals, ignored your wave though, the string was more fun.

"Thank you for your offer. I don't think I've eaten a full meal at all today. I would love to some soup" Serge said respectfully glancing at the soup that the Deaconess was cooking.

The Deaconess nodded and she filled one of the bowls that stood ready on the bench with a clear broth full of vegetables, meatballs and noddles.
"Here you go young artist I do not touch game myself and would only kill if need be but I am given to understand others which meat with their meals. I do like the ropes of wheat though the sound they make when slurped up are delightful."
Mara said as she handed you the soup and a spoon on a tray.

'What's cooking?' she asked the large woman by the pots with a smile on her face; which changed into puzzlement on seeing the kittens.

"Broth of vegetables with meat of ox and rope of wheat."
The large, colorful figure said as she filled another bowl of rich vegetable soup filled with vegetables, meat balls and noddles and she handed you the bowl on a tray and added a spoon you notice that she was using a wooden spoon to stir the food with, the pot she was using was aluminum and she stood far away from the oven, had thrown sheets over the rack of pans and avoided getting close to the fridge, she was also handling the spoons using a napkin and even so she did look a little sick as if she needed to sit down.
"There you go young knight."
She said and smiled.

The kittens kept playing but they where clearly made of oil men material.

Serge noticed Nicole's puzzled expression and pointed to the kittens. "You know...one of these little guys tried to kill me. Or grievously injure me. I'm not sure what would have happened if those oil men had hit me."

"Your bones would have snapped like old branches in the forest, eventually you would have died which would have been a great loss for you have a beautiful destiny young artiest...now they are not dangerous though and they are far happier."
Mara said as she glanced happily at the kittens then she touched her forehead for a moment and looked dizzy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:35 am

"I am not sure what part of the battlefield I will be assigned to, I can both fight physically and with magick to a, well if you excuse my vanity, acceptable degree but I am also a healer so Master Morgan might decide not to send the healers into the front lines."
Michael said and nodded.
"Do stay safe during the battle though, or if fate do not shine on you then die with honor taking as many of the bastards with you as possible when you go."
The Akashic said and Freddy scowled at him a bit but she said nothing.
Colin nodded, "I fear I shall have to go to my part of the battle alone. A unique opportunity to improve our odds to a ridiculous extent, actually. I suspect healers will be relegated to the reserves in the wings, so to speak... and if Fate does not shine on me, I will light it up myself. If I get killed in battle now..." He pointed a thumb toward Freddy, "I fear she would murder me, and then get nasty toward everyone involved, me included."

"Ah yes well then everything is fine, but since I assume we will go hiking before you have built this marvel perhaps we should go someplace where there is less werewolves, and cell reception not to mention wifi?"
Freddy said and raised an eyebrow.
He grinned, "True enough. Perhaps closer to the shoreline, where we just have weresharks to worry about?"

"Well we all have to find our own truths, but those of us in the Order tend to live by the ideals of the House Founders though we do not regard them as flawless."
Theodora said.
He nodded, "The Founders came together to build something magnificent, but... ultimately, perhaps, they were human and made human mistakes. Nevertheless, the Order endures, and that's the important thing, right?"

"Yeah she manage a balance between being one of the guys and at the same time being elevated so you know who is the leader."
The Tytalus said.
"Many of the Primi and their aides and other higher ups in the Traditions are all high and mighty and look down on anyone else, I should know my Mentor are one of the Seat of Forces's numerous apprentices and no one is a bigger dick than grandpa to say it like that. Alexis Hastings though are elevated and seam to think that a leader have to hold themselves to a higher standard than everyone else not that leadership just give them privileges."
The Tytalus said and frowned.
He grimaced, "Yes, well, with all due respect, I suspect your grandpa is overdue for replacement... From just about every account I have heard of him, he's a shrewd politician, but no leader... The question, of course, being who could step up to the task."

Michael nodded.
"I got this, if you will excuse me then...and Richard I want you to bring your sister to Steelhaven before the battle their defenses are better than ours and I want her safe."
Richard nodded at that.
"I will do so Mentor."
He agreed. Michael then walked over to the mother and son and said.
"I could not help but overhear, would the two of you mind meeting me in an examination room once you have have finished your breakfast, I am sure it is nothing dangerous but let us make sure your son is safe ma'am and also talk about any side effects of the ehm...medication."
The Akashic suggested the mother nodded.
"Just tell me which room on which floor."
She agreed but the boy seamed skeptical.
"Are you going to do something that hurts?"
He said and pouted and the Akashic shook his head.
"Not at all I might shine a light into your eyes and talk with you a little but nothing will hurt."
He said then he turned to the mother.
"I will send a porter with a wheelchair for the boy to take you there Ma'am...in shall we say twenty minutes?"
He asked and the mother nodded in agreement.
"Very well Doctor...Wong..."
She said after she had read Michael's name tag.
"Thank you this is kind of you, I do worry when my son is put on such heavy medication."
He nodded and smiled, "Excellent - your home turf, your rules. I hope to see you later, preferably not in a professional context."

Richard just looked at you and smiled a little.
"The boy might have Awakened from his accident, traumatic experiences sometimes act like a catalyst for enlightenment...well then should we return to Steelhaven and get Kyle to a bed?"
He asked and nodded towards Kyle, the drug in his system and all the fear and pain and made him fall asleep in the wheelchair, his hand still clutching the book Freddy had gotten him.
He nodded, "Or perhaps he was Awakening naturally, unrelated to the accident. There's an adorable little girl in Chicago like that... Hum, no matter. I think the boy is in good hands. I do wonder, though, which Tradition he'll join."
He glanced down at Kyle, "Yes, let us head home, I need to face some music before heading out to... the head of darkness, I suppose. Hum, I guess he won't be raiding my library today, or anything of the sort."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Colin nodded, "I fear I shall have to go to my part of the battle alone. A unique opportunity to improve our odds to a ridiculous extent, actually. I suspect healers will be relegated to the reserves in the wings, so to speak...

"You have me intrigued Mr Wainwright, but such a tactic should not be discussed here where unwelcome ears might be listening."
Michael said though he was clearly curious and wanting to ask you about it.

and if Fate does not shine on me, I will light it up myself. If I get killed in battle now..." He pointed a thumb toward Freddy, "I fear she would murder me, and then get nasty toward everyone involved, me included."

"If you get killed by Lisa Larson love I will become a necromancer so I can strangle you, and then I will work to become an Archmage of Prime just so I can take a single rose and make is completely permanent, one single thing that just can not be destroyed no matter what so that Larson's goal can never be accomplished, even if she wins that one rose will be left forever and then I will ram that flower up her ass."
Freddy declared and Michael raised an eyebrow.
"I see...well remind me not to cross you then Miss Adlebloom."

He grinned, "True enough. Perhaps closer to the shoreline, where we just have weresharks to worry about?"

"I doubt there is so many weresharks around that if we go camping on a beach we are likely to run into one love."
Freddy said and she raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "The Founders came together to build something magnificent, but... ultimately, perhaps, they were human and made human mistakes. Nevertheless, the Order endures, and that's the important thing, right?"

"The Founders where powerful and brilliant each in their own way but yes they where human and they made human mistakes this is very true."
Theodora agreed then she grinned.
"Tes the Order endures and that is what is important, it will endure for as long as there is need for it."

He grimaced, "Yes, well, with all due respect, I suspect your grandpa is overdue for replacement... From just about every account I have heard of him, he's a shrewd politician, but no leader... The question, of course, being who could step up to the task."

"Oh I agree, the Seat of Forces is a good politician alright, he knows how to pull strings and who to intimidate or bribe to get his way but he is also a rotten asshole and well yes someone should replace him. I know Master Porthos had a man in mind to take over the job, a Flambeau I think but my grandpa had him accused of some bogus crimes and sentenced to death in absentia, there is a Wizard's March after him as he speaks."
Theodora said and shrugged.

He nodded and smiled, "Excellent - your home turf, your rules. I hope to see you later, preferably not in a professional context."

"Ah yes speaking with you when time permit over a cup of tea would be lovely Mr Wainwright, good day for now."
He said and gave you a small bow before he headed towards the mother and her son. Richard bowed to his Mentor as the older Akashic left.

He nodded, "Or perhaps he was Awakening naturally, unrelated to the accident. There's an adorable little girl in Chicago like that... Hum, no matter. I think the boy is in good hands. I do wonder, though, which Tradition he'll join."

"That is also a possibility Colin, it is hard to say what Tradition he will join though I guess that depends on who will decide to offer him an apprenticeship, him and his mother mind be offered a place at a Chantry before that though an the boy given basic instruction so he can grow up a bit before he is given a formal apprenticeship."
Richard said and he glanced towards the young child and his mother.

He glanced down at Kyle, "Yes, let us head home, I need to face some music before heading out to... the head of darkness, I suppose. Hum, I guess he won't be raiding my library today, or anything of the sort."

"Yes the Chief will not be happy about this...but yes let us go as for Kyle, the drugs should be out of his system in a few hours but since there was complications with the spinal tap I would prefer if he stayed in bed for the rest of the day and someone should stay with him watching over him until we know he is alright and we find a dose of morphine to keep him comfortable and not to confused."
Richard said as he bowed to Theodora and excused himself and then headed towards the car. The Tytalus gave you all a wave of her hand.
"Well then good luck guys I have a appointment for x-rays to get to."
She said and finished her coffee before leaving as well.
"Nice talking to you all."
Freddy waved to Theodora then she said.
"I will stay with Kyle with my eyes as they are now I can not do much to help during the fight but I can keep the kid safe and comfortable...poor thing and he did this to help me..."
She muttered and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:05 pm

"It could be vampires, or descendants of the Aswadim or just a very old mage, the Verbena Tradition is still allied with the sorceress Medea for example, yes that Medea from Greek myths now a Marauder, we can do nothing but speculate at this point."

"Well, theres's one more thing I can think about also," he said with a frown.

"Adley, what can I do for you? Both of the Kindred...ehm that is what they call themselves are sleeping at the moment." The green eyes druidess said as she glanced back at the staked creatures.

"That is for the better," he said, pulling the frame out to write a note to her. 'We are setting a transportation up for you back home and someone to cover for the room as we speak. We would like to ask you an important favor, please. There is a letter I need you to urgently hand-deliver directly to the Chief J. for his eyes only. It is something he will want to read in private. Will you please ensure this letter reaches him?'

// I had a fun time playing tourist in the city I lived in for over a decade : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:22 pm

The Deaconess nodded and she filled one of the bowls that stood ready on the bench with a clear broth full of vegetables, meatballs and noddles.
"Here you go young artist I do not touch game myself and would only kill if need be but I am given to understand others which meat with their meals. I do like the ropes of wheat though the sound they make when slurped up are delightful."
Mara said as she handed you the soup and a spoon on a tray.

Serge took the soup and nodded politely to the Deaconess. "Thank you."

He took the spoon and began eating the soup, eager to fill his stomach with something other than cookies.

"Your bones would have snapped like old branches in the forest, eventually you would have died which would have been a great loss for you have a beautiful destiny young artiest...now they are not dangerous though and they are far happier."
Mara said as she glanced happily at the kittens then she touched her forehead for a moment and looked dizzy.

Serge took notice of the Deaconess health. Eyeing the counter some more, he noticed the odd tools she was using and remembered her specific weakness.

With a look of concern, Serge said, "Are you all right Miss O'Conner? Perhaps you should sit down for a bit."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next