Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 29 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:46 pm

Anja's Post:

'So, the Cryptids are all fine, even if they dick around with people or even eat them - as long as they keep to the shadows?' ending with an irate grunt.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 29 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:16 pm

"Oh do not get me wrong Ma'am, I am sure the Union would love to wipe out every cryptid out there and if they ever win I am sure the other Awakened are next on the kill list but they for now, thankfully lack unlimited resources and so they focus on other Englithened beings and those cryptids who stand out, thinking that as long as they can keep the existence of the paranormal a secret they can control the sleepers."
Rodger said then he sigh and ran a hand through his ample beard.
"Well or that is how I understand it at least and no I do not agree with it off course but it is what it is, there is a reason we left the bloody gang of spoil sports and not just because they wanted to outlaw the concept of Ether...though that was a big part of it truth to be told."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Horizon, Future:
Victor nodded at that.
"Well she will be relieved to hear it...I have worked here for a while and I can not imagine what it must feel like to sit there and...and...wait for one's Avatar to be destroyed."
He said with a shudder.
"It is not my department to clean the prisoner's clothes Sir."
He said.
"Well then you can release her hands or I can do so if you prefer."
Colin frowned, "I have... shared in someone's memories from here. They were not good memories..."

Sierra looked up at you through her tears as if she did not really comprehend what was happening.
"I...will at least get a few days Sir?"
She asked her eyes wide.
"There is a chance? Scary Quesitor? I do not understand I...I...well I will tell him what I told you and I will do anything it takes to protect my Avatar so if that means trying to reform I will do it."
She promised, she still looked like she did not quite dare to believe she would get a reprieve and she started sobbing again softly.
He nodded, "Absolutely worst case, only until he can hear your testimony, but I think you can convince him that you are worth more to the case intact and alive than as merely a signed affidavit. If you do that, you will have until the relevant case is tried and concluded, however long that will take. And yes, Master Tolle is scary. Far scarier than any of the Fallen I have met, excepting the Jade Demon in Chicago. He has... left his emotions behind, his only concern is whether a course of action is legal or not, with rationality and ethics following after. Any emotional consequences is... not relevant to him. But scary as he is, he is reliable - the man is one of the few truly fixed points I know, and in matters of law... that's a good thing to have."

"O...okey."
Sierra muttered and she turned around so you could get at her bound hands, they where purplish blue, she was bound with cord to tightly and people with diabetes often had a problem with their circulation to begin with.
"Since I Fell the first person I ever met to care about my modesty and dignity was that blue eyed Hermetic at Steelhaven."
She whispered.
He frowned and undid the knots, "Hm, so my Cabalmate was a refreshing change, then? Hum..."
He turned toward the door, still fidgeting with the ropes, "Mr. Reynolds, are you familiar with any healing skills, magical or mundane? The latter might be preferable in here, mind..."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
"I see well it certainly sounds like an interesting work for when I have the time."
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.
"But that might not be for quite some time like I said I have little time for fiction books these days."
He nodded, "An all too familiar phenomenon. It could be a good pick for next time you take a vacation, I suppose. You do take one of those every few decades, right?"

"Always with the puns," he said.
He grinned, "Always."

"If there is a great need I can teleport him to somewhere it is night and you can speak with him but he might find being plucked from his bed and teleported around to be a bit of an indignity, I certainly can send his blade back to him or set up a meeting with him tonight to return it."
Narim offered and he scratched his head.
He frowned, "I don't know if that would do us much good at this point - he could have helped us navigate the Labyrinth, perhaps, but that would not be all that helpful during daylight hours anyway... I don't think the strike can wait until nightfall... But I'll meet with him tonight, with his blade. I have some acquaintances to put him in touch with."

He frowned, "Alright, the Kiasyd seems to have fallen through the cracks for now, then... Is there anything else you think I need to know or take care of before I go on the craziest mission ever?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Anja's Post:

A silence before Nicole replied. 'I... think I get it; it's all about power, right? Gun for us first, 'cos we challenge the Union's view of the future. Cryptids are just offensive things to get rid of afterwards?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:45 pm

"I am not mad kid I am however a little worried about you, the enthusiasm you show is refreshing and you should keep that I am just concerned that the reality you hide from might end up hurting you in the end."
Ulv said and sigh.

"I know I can't hide from reality forever. But you don't have to worry about. I can take care of myself even if I never show it or admit it." Serge said reassuring Mr. Bergen.

"Hum...these are good ideas for a more complex trap yes but I think perhaps that for an first atttemnt a simpler image is better, something elegant and small that will capture the imagination of those seeing it and sending them into a trap...I am not sure how to do the mental aspect of that but I might be able to pull of the temporary enchantment of the image using my runes but it would have to be re enchanted regularly I am nowhere close to being able to make a permanent talisman like I said we are creatures of Dynamism Mr Yager making something static is harder for us than the bloody hedge wizards even if I hate to admit that."

The Hagalaz said and his brow furrowed as he thought about the suggjested trap.
"A temporary one could work though, what about a circle of some sort, or a spiral that suck the victim into it mentally?"
He mushed.

"Ohhhh I like that!" Serge said excitedly. "Circles are full of symbolic meaning. A loop that repeats over and over. And within that circle is a hypnotic black and white spiral. That's perfect for trapping someone into place. Cause them to see a mesmerizing hypnotic swirl freezing them into place. Give them a little mental push and make them want to look at the spiral spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning."

Serge opened to the new page in his sketchbook and began drawing a large circle with a large  black and white circle coming out from the middle.

"What sort of runes could you use for that kind of trap? Is their any mind runes or runes of confusion?"

"She did stand guard here while we fed the prisoners but then an older Etherite that live in an Chantry on the outskirts of the Tribunal came to get her, something about repairs on an Umbral ship I think and she left."
Helga explained.
"I am sure she will be back soon."

"An Umbral Ship!" Serge said more excited about the aspect of a spirit ship rather than the fact that Nicole was fixing it.

"Damn I wanna see a spirit-ship. Oh well...I have pictures to deliver and a trapped room that I need to ask Mr. Wainwright to navigate."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:40 pm

Colin Horizon Near Future:

Colin frowned, "I have... shared in someone's memories from here. They were not good memories..."

"I...ehm...you share memories of someone who have been in these cells? For a minor crime then I hope Mr Wainwright."
Victor said and he looked at you and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Absolutely worst case, only until he can hear your testimony, but I think you can convince him that you are worth more to the case intact and alive than as merely a signed affidavit. If you do that, you will have until the relevant case is tried and concluded, however long that will take.

"Well every extra second I get to keep my Avatar is a boon, thank you."
Sierra muttered though she still looked terrified.
"Though some might have wanted to get it over with and escape this terror."
She continued softly.

And yes, Master Tolle is scary. Far scarier than any of the Fallen I have met, excepting the Jade Demon in Chicago. He has... left his emotions behind, his only concern is whether a course of action is legal or not, with rationality and ethics following after. Any emotional consequences is... not relevant to him. But scary as he is, he is reliable - the man is one of the few truly fixed points I know, and in matters of law... that's a good thing to have."

"That do sound terrifying."
Sierra said and frowned.
"What if he just toss me back to the Spirit Masters to get the ritual done?"
She asked sounding desperate.

He frowned and undid the knots, "Hm, so my Cabalmate was a refreshing change, then? Hum..."

"Surprisingly...yes he was I hope he survived the fight with Larson's Labyrinth he seam to be a nice guy."
The Nephanda said.

He turned toward the door, still fidgeting with the ropes, "Mr. Reynolds, are you familiar with any healing skills, magical or mundane? The latter might be preferable in here, mind..."

You notice that as you release Sierra's hands there was not jerking or wince or any indication that she felt something she just moved her shoulders a little to loosen them then she put her purple hands in her lap, usually when someone had been bound tightly and blood flow had been restricted for some time there was a rush of pain as blood flow returned, but Sierra did not react at all nor did her fingers move.

Victor shook his head.
"No not really, I mean I can bind a wound I guess if I have to and I have taken a basic first aid course which is part of the training for the job, but no I am not a healer no why do you think Miss Bluehill need a doctor?"
He asked.

Steelhaven Now:

He nodded, "An all too familiar phenomenon. It could be a good pick for next time you take a vacation, I suppose. You do take one of those every few decades, right?"

"I do not often go on vacation Mr Wainwright when I travel it is usual on business but I will see if I can fit this book you speak of in eventually, however this is hardly the time to be debating this."
He said sounding very patient.

He frowned, "I don't know if that would do us much good at this point - he could have helped us navigate the Labyrinth, perhaps, but that would not be all that helpful during daylight hours anyway... I don't think the strike can wait until nightfall... But I'll meet with him tonight, with his blade. I have some acquaintances to put him in touch with."

"you are probably right that the strike can not wait until night though we are going to have to see if this vampire might still have a part of play in this. I will try to contact him when night falls as set up a meeting then if you wish Mr Wainwright."
Narim said and nodded.

He frowned, "Alright, the Kiasyd seems to have fallen through the cracks for now, then... Is there anything else you think I need to know or take care of before I go on the craziest mission ever?"

Narim raised an eyebrow.
"Do I even dare ask about this crazy mission?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
"No I do not think there is anything I can think of if you want to I can create a tag on you to hopefully be able to get you out of a dangerous situation if the need arrises."
He offered.

Nicole:

A silence before Nicole replied. 'I... think I get it; it's all about power, right? Gun for us first, 'cos we challenge the Union's view of the future. Cryptids are just offensive things to get rid of afterwards?'

"Power that is part of it but it is also about tactics, the Union are already at war with us, the Nephandi and the Marauders, only fools would pick fights with even more groups, they want to focus on other willworkers first and then deal with the other Awakened beings, it is what makes strategical sense."
Rodger said.
"It is cold, rational logic and that is what the Union is all about."

Serge:

"I know I can't hide from reality forever. But you don't have to worry about. I can take care of myself even if I never show it or admit it." Serge said reassuring Mr. Bergen.

"That is good to hear kid and there is nothing wrong with hiding from reality just as long as you know when you have to snap out of it and are able to do so when the need arise."
Ulv said though he still looked concerned.

"Ohhhh I like that!" Serge said excitedly. "Circles are full of symbolic meaning. A loop that repeats over and over. And within that circle is a hypnotic black and white spiral. That's perfect for trapping someone into place. Cause them to see a mesmerizing hypnotic swirl freezing them into place. Give them a little mental push and make them want to look at the spiral spinning and spinning and spinning and spinning."

Serge opened to the new page in his sketchbook and began drawing a large circle with a large black and white circle coming out from the middle.

"What sort of runes could you use for that kind of trap? Is their any mind runes or runes of confusion?"

"No there are no mind control runes they tend to be rather basic in their concept, they are primodial, however you can use the Hagalaz rune for that as well as it stands for calamity and confusion. An inscription around the circle in runes might be better perhaps, letting the runes give the words power."
The rune mage mushed.

"An Umbral Ship!" Serge said more excited about the aspect of a spirit ship rather than the fact that Nicole was fixing it.

"Damn I wanna see a spirit-ship. Oh well...I have pictures to deliver and a trapped room that I need to ask Mr. Wainwright to navigate."

"An Umbral ship indeed."
Helga said then she nodded.
"I am sure you will get a chance to see one eventually, very well then I will see you later then, and be careful if you are going into Mr Bergen's apartment Hagalaz traps can get nasty."
She warned.
"Good day for now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:46 pm

'History's filled with people being fools, it is.' Nicole retorted. 'And stupidity has a habit of getting its way.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:54 pm

Rodger looked at you for a moment then he looked back at the road.
"They are not stupid, they are, cold, analytical and they are wrong but they are not stupid to see them as stupid is to underestimate them ma'am and nothing could be more dangerous."
The older Etherite warned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:07 pm

'All depends on what you call "stupidity".' Nicole replied, glancing back at the older Scientist for a moment. 'And you can't get rid of the human element, even from them.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:41 pm

"Do you want me to burn that into nothingness for you mea filius so no trace is left, I do nto like to leave things that have touched blood laying around and especially not something that have touched blood and have been used for a magickal operation even if that operation was not yours."
You Mentor offered.

"Yes, please do pater. I don't think I got all the arcane connections, unfortunately," he said with a frown at it. Well, at least he seemed to be able to do a few spells without fainting outright. That was an improvement but not one that he should take for granted.

"Agreed I am going to call about the girl shortly hopefully we can get her here in time, if so and if we with her hair can trace this Jace then we are going to need one team to go after him as well and hopefully be able to take him our or capture him before we storm the Labyrinth." Jeffry agreed. "As for the rest of us I am going to gather everyone soon and part everyone into teams but I want to know what will be the case with this child first."

"Yes, sir."

"If you would help me with the wards then that would be helful mea filus." Jeffry said.

"It will be a test to see how it goes," he said with a nod. If after helping with ward casting for a while, he could check in and see how his energies were doing under strain.

"Other than that I just got amessage that Master Boz is on his way to pick up his student someone will have to help explain what happened to him and also ask him if we can take an Arcane connection from her, something that might make it easier to find her mother in the Labyrinth and indentify the trap master's work, we have not been able to take such an connection from her without her Mentor's consent though, and yes the irony of a major part of our plans resting on bits of hair or blood from children are not lost on me."

He was a bit surprised to find that Master Boz was on his way and a bit unsure of what to think. On the one hand, it was understandable to want to get his apprentice out of harm's way, out of a near battle and returned home safely. On the other, there was that rumor..."I see, well, just what are we going to tell him?"

"Other than that you will have to preare yourself, groud and center yourelf and do what you need to do to get ready for combat."The old war mage said. "Then let us finish this!"[/quote]

"Very well, sir let's get things here back in order...see how my friends are handing things."

// well, that's a reason to not trust Tzimisce gardeners!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:43 pm

"No there are no mind control runes they tend to be rather basic in their concept, they are primodial, however you can use the Hagalaz rune for that as well as it stands for calamity and confusion. An inscription around the circle in runes might be better perhaps, letting the runes give the words power."
The rune mage mushed.

"Oh right confusion...that's perfect. Mess up their senses so that they focus less on what's happening around them and more on spinning blank and white spiral." Serge said looking down at his palm at the Hagalaz rune.

"So would an inscription surrounding the perimeter of the circle work. Sort of like this?" Serge said as he began to inscribe the hagalaz rune around the perimeter of his hypnotic circle.

"An Umbral ship indeed."
Helga said then she nodded.
"I am sure you will get a chance to see one eventually, very well then I will see you later then, and be careful if you are going into Mr Bergen's apartment Hagalaz traps can get nasty."
She warned.
"Good day for now."

"Mr. Bergen told me very sternly not to go into his room and to just let Mr. Wainwright do so. Serge said with a smile.

"Anyways You have a nice day too! If you ever need my help feel free to ask, Serge said as he left the basement.

Serge didn't wasn't really sure where to go next. He had no idea where Liv or Mr. Wainwright were. He decided to look for Liv first, deciding that Mr. Wainwright was likely to busy too get the rune set from Mr. Bergen's room but if he met him on the way their would be no harm in asking.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:24 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
"I...ehm...you share memories of someone who have been in these cells? For a minor crime then I hope Mr Wainwright."
Victor said and he looked at you and raised an eyebrow.
Colin shook his head with a sad smile, "I'm afraid not... At some point in the future, someone else will share in those memories, as well... but not today. They are... a fair warning, among other things."

"Well every extra second I get to keep my Avatar is a boon, thank you."
Sierra muttered though she still looked terrified.
"Though some might have wanted to get it over with and escape this terror."
She continued softly.
He nodded, "True, and other might have wanted to get it over with for... other reasons. But the wait is an uncomfortable one..."

"That do sound terrifying."
Sierra said and frowned.
"What if he just toss me back to the Spirit Masters to get the ritual done?"
She asked sounding desperate.
He shook his head, "He could do that, but I honestly don't think he would - at least, not without an extensive debate wherein he would consider logical and legal counterpoints. He is frighteningly Static, so he would not do something on a whim without logical, ethical and legal justification in triplicate."

"Surprisingly...yes he was I hope he survived the fight with Larson's Labyrinth he seam to be a nice guy."
The Nephanda said.
He smiled, then paused, a brief expression of puzzlement on his face, "Hum, I don't remember that, actually... I'm in two times at once; now and just before the attack on the Labyrinth - and I'm not allowing myself full access to the memories of the time in-between those points. Probably a wise choice to avoid completely buggering the timeline and infuriating an anthropomorphic personification of Paradox or something... I hope he survives it, too, he's the best friend one could ask for."

You notice that as you release Sierra's hands there was not jerking or wince or any indication that she felt something she just moved her shoulders a little to loosen them then she put her purple hands in her lap, usually when someone had been bound tightly and blood flow had been restricted for some time there was a rush of pain as blood flow returned, but Sierra did not react at all nor did her fingers move.

Victor shook his head.
"No not really, I mean I can bind a wound I guess if I have to and I have taken a basic first aid course which is part of the training for the job, but no I am not a healer no why do you think Miss Bluehill need a doctor?"
He asked.
He frowned at the sight of her hands, "Best call for a good mundane physician, then; preferably someone with some familiarity with diabetes and its complications; whoever bound her did an excellent job, but probably did not realize the danger of blood flow problems associated with diabetes... I've seen gangrene once, in the military hospital, before the poor soldier's dead fingers were amputated, and it looked disturbingly similar to these hands.. A good healer might be able to save these yet, though."
He looked up at the doorway, "Lock the door and run if you have to, but get a good healer here; I'll be fine in the meantime."

Steelhaven, Now:
"I do not often go on vacation Mr Wainwright when I travel it is usual on business but I will see if I can fit this book you speak of in eventually, however this is hardly the time to be debating this."
He said sounding very patient.
He nodded, "Derailing, sorry."

"you are probably right that the strike can not wait until night though we are going to have to see if this vampire might still have a part of play in this. I will try to contact him when night falls as set up a meeting then if you wish Mr Wainwright."
Narim said and nodded.
He smiled, "He might not have a part in the strike itself, but he may yet be useful in helping with the post-battle mop-up. And we still have his dagger; he wants that back."

Narim raised an eyebrow.
"Do I even dare ask about this crazy mission?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
"No I do not think there is anything I can think of if you want to I can create a tag on you to hopefully be able to get you out of a dangerous situation if the need arrises."
He offered.
He shook his head, "No, you most certainly do not want to know the details. There'll be enough nightmare fuel without it... Hum, a tracking tag, though, would be good. Will you be able to pluck me out of the Umbra with it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:17 pm

Nicole:

'All depends on what you call "stupidity".' Nicole replied, glancing back at the older Scientist for a moment. 'And you can't get rid of the human element, even from them.'

"Well the word have a dictionary meaning ear madam but let me ask you then what do you put into the word stupidity."
Rodger said and he raised and eyebrow.
"No you can not get rid of the human element, not even with the most inhuman of Iteration X's Cyborgs are it completely missing but that do not keep the Union from trying."

Colin:

Horizon Near Future:

Colin shook his head with a sad smile, "I'm afraid not... At some point in the future, someone else will share in those memories, as well... but not today. They are... a fair warning, among other things."

Victor just seamed confused he did not get your meaning and he just shook his head and said.
"Ehm...okey, as you say then Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "True, and other might have wanted to get it over with for... other reasons. But the wait is an uncomfortable one..."

"You can say that again Mr Wainwright I have only been this afraid once before in my life, and the fear just do not go away."
Sierra whispered and she shivered and looed own again.

He shook his head, "He could do that, but I honestly don't think he would - at least, not without an extensive debate wherein he would consider logical and legal counterpoints. He is frighteningly Static, so he would not do something on a whim without logical, ethical and legal justification in triplicate."

"So you are telling me his is Mr Spock's terrifying brother."
The prisoner muttered without much humor.
"I guess I am going to have to hope he find what I have to say useful then."
She said fearfully and tears started welling up in her eyes again.

He smiled, then paused, a brief expression of puzzlement on his face, "Hum, I don't remember that, actually... I'm in two times at once; now and just before the attack on the Labyrinth

"You are in two timelines at once Mr Wainwright...that must be really confusing."
Sierra said and looked at you.

- and I'm not allowing myself full access to the memories of the time in-between those points. Probably a wise choice to avoid completely buggering the timeline and infuriating an anthropomorphic personification of Paradox or something... I hope he survives it, too, he's the best friend one could ask for."

"Do you have any control over what you remember?"
The Nephanda asked then she nodded.
"Yeah I hope he survives he treated me kindly you know."

He frowned at the sight of her hands, "Best call for a good mundane physician, then; preferably someone with some familiarity with diabetes and its complications; whoever bound her did an excellent job, but probably did not realize the danger of blood flow problems associated with diabetes... I've seen gangrene once, in the military hospital, before the poor soldier's dead fingers were amputated, and it looked disturbingly similar to these hands.. A good healer might be able to save these yet, though."
He looked up at the doorway, "Lock the door and run if you have to, but get a good healer here; I'll be fine in the meantime."

Sierra looked a bit afraid now and she looked down at her hands.
"They don't hurt..." She muttered.
"They are just numb that means they are okey right?"
She asked and she gave you a hopeful look and Victor nodded.
"I am going to have to lock the door Mr Wainwright are you sure you will be alright in here with her considering what she is? Also there is a drunk Flambeau in the neighboring cell he is just put in there to sleep it off if he start making a fuss just ignore it I will take care of it when I come back."
Victor said then he waited for your reply before he closed and locked the door and ran to get a doctor, and then suddenly you where back at Steelhaven watching the sleeping from of Sierra sitting by the radiator.

Steelhaven Now:

He nodded, "Derailing, sorry."

"That is quite alright Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry.

He smiled, "He might not have a part in the strike itself, but he may yet be useful in helping with the post-battle mop-up. And we still have his dagger; he wants that back."

Narim nodded at that.
"We are going to have to see what his role will be when we talk with him and yes I suspect he will want his dagger back if it is dear to him."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

He shook his head, "No, you most certainly do not want to know the details. There'll be enough nightmare fuel without it... Hum, a tracking tag, though, would be good. Will you be able to pluck me out of the Umbra with it?"

"I will be able to do so but as I am not an Archmage of Correspondence the journey will be a rather bumpy one."
He warned then he fished a small, simple nokia phone out of his desk drawer, turned it on and pressed a few keys after a while he handed it to you.
"Keep this with you an break it if you are in need of an immediate extraction Mr Wainwright and I will get you."

Adley:

"Yes, please do pater. I don't think I got all the arcane connections, unfortunately," he said with a frown at it. Well, at least he seemed to be able to do a few spells without fainting outright. That was an improvement but not one that he should take for granted.

Jeffry nodded and he stood and took a big, brass ashtray he used to burn things in down from the shelf and he handed it to you.
"If you put the needle an the swabs you used in here then I will take care of it."
He said.

"It will be a test to see how it goes," he said with a nod. If after helping with ward casting for a while, he could check in and see how his energies were doing under strain.

"So it will, it will be a good test to see if you will function well enough to take part in the battle, however the reason why I asked you to help with the wards is that as my student you are the one on the Chantry with a Paradigm the closest to my own so you are easy to work with...and..."
Jeffry trailed of but he looked at you for a moment, he did not say that if either you or he should fall in the following fight he would like to work magick together with you one last time.

He was a bit surprised to find that Master Boz was on his way and a bit unsure of what to think. On the one hand, it was understandable to want to get his apprentice out of harm's way, out of a near battle and returned home safely. On the other, there was that rumor..."I see, well, just what are we going to tell him?"

"We will simply tell him that we are going after young Miss Bergen's mother who is the one who sold her to that vampire in Chicago, and that an arcane connection from the girl will make our job easier, that is no lie though it is not the entire truth either."
Jeffry said an frowned.
"It should be enough information to justify why we need that arcane connection though, and off course we will assure him that such a connection will be banished and destroyed once we are done with it and have the damned Hagalaz woman in our custody."

"Very well, sir let's get things here back in order...see how my friends are handing things."

"Agreed."
Jeffry said and he sigh.
"There will not be time for casting a full Aegis since we need everyone's help to do that it is a mass ritual after all, but we will do a regular ward against magick, spirits and magickal beings not invited, is there anything you need to do before we start mea filius for is not shall we do down to te basement an find a ritual chamber to work in?"
The old Hermetic said as he stood and put his coffee cup away.

Serge:

"Oh right confusion...that's perfect. Mess up their senses so that they focus less on what's happening around them and more on spinning blank and white spiral." Serge said looking down at his palm at the Hagalaz rune.

"That is the intent yes, that the victim will become confused at seeing the rune and will just be lost in it."
Ulv agreed and nodded.

"So would an inscription surrounding the perimeter of the circle work. Sort of like this?" Serge said as he began to inscribe the hagalaz rune around the perimeter of his hypnotic circle.

"Yes that is what I had in mind Mr Yager but it should be a phrase a very simple one like a nursery rhyme but written in runes to further suck the target into the image."
The Hagalaz agreed.

"Mr. Bergen told me very sternly not to go into his room and to just let Mr. Wainwright do so. Serge said with a smile.

"Then you should listen to the bastard Mr Yager."
Helga said and frowned.

"Anyways You have a nice day too! If you ever need my help feel free to ask, Serge said as he left the basement.

"Thank you kid, likewise us Cultists have to stick together eh?"
The older Ecstatic said though she did not smile, you got the feeling Helga very seldom smiled.

Serge didn't wasn't really sure where to go next. He had no idea where Liv or Mr. Wainwright were. He decided to look for Liv first, deciding that Mr. Wainwright was likely to busy too get the rune set from Mr. Bergen's room but if he met him on the way their would be no harm in asking.

Where do you go to look for Liv Bergen?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:48 pm

Jeffry nodded and he stood and took a big, brass ashtray he used to burn things in down from the shelf and he handed it to you. "If you put the needle an the swabs you used in here then I will take care of it."

He put the items in and anything else that he thought needed to be dealt with and handed it back to him.

"So it will, it will be a good test to see if you will function well enough to take part in the battle, however the reason why I asked you to help with the wards is that as my student you are the one on the Chantry with a Paradigm the closest to my own so you are easy to work with...and..."

"Of course I will help you...and we're coming back from this, we have too much to finish."

"We will simply tell him that we are going after young Miss Bergen's mother who is the one who sold her to that vampire in Chicago, and that an arcane connection from the girl will make our job easier, that is no lie though it is not the entire truth either." Jeffry said an frowned. "It should be enough information to justify why we need that arcane connection though, and off course we will assure him that such a connection will be banished and destroyed once we are done with it and have the damned Hagalaz woman in our custody."

Adley nodded. "Well, let me know if he comes in and you want me to greet him, then."

"Agreed." Jeffry said and he sigh. "There will not be time for casting a full Aegis since we need everyone's help to do that it is a mass ritual after all, but we will do a regular ward against magick, spirits and magickal beings not invited, is there anything you need to do before we start mea filius for is not shall we do down to te basement an find a ritual chamber to work in?"

And they'd said no, before when they asked to do the Aegis on the chantry, due to political reasons - which had been frustrating then and doubly now. Especially as their enemies had them. "We should go now," he said, standing back up. He didn't like leaving the wards off long, he had his tools on him now and anything else would be a bonus to get later.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:51 pm

Anja's Post:

'That a stupid person does not always make stupid decisions, while intelligence does not protect you from never talking the stupid decision.' Nicole replied after a pause, clearly thinking this out.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:33 pm

Horizon, Near Future:
Victor just seamed confused he did not get your meaning and he just shook his head and said.
"Ehm...okey, as you say then Mr Wainwright."
Colin smiled thinly, "You don't understand. That is quite alright, and you are quite lucky..."

"You can say that again Mr Wainwright I have only been this afraid once before in my life, and the fear just do not go away."
Sierra whispered and she shivered and looed own again.
He nodded, "No, it doesn't, does it? But, there are ways to either get it under control, or to temporarily distract from it... Once you are untied, we can start writing down a formal complaint against Nilda, for the threats he made against your dignity. At the very least, that should get him out of your hair, and possibly even dishonourably discharged."

"So you are telling me his is Mr Spock's terrifying brother."
The prisoner muttered without much humor.
"I guess I am going to have to hope he find what I have to say useful then."
She said fearfully and tears started welling up in her eyes again.
He shrugged, "Not quite - more like a less compassionate Judge Dredd, really. And I do believe he will find quite a bit of valuable information in just the short list of compromised individuals you told me."

"You are in two timelines at once Mr Wainwright...that must be really confusing."
Sierra said and looked at you.
He smiled wryly, "Less so than you would think..."

"Do you have any control over what you remember?"
The Nephanda asked then she nodded.
"Yeah I hope he survives he treated me kindly you know."
He shook his head, "No, not really - however, everything I learn in the future, I remember when I go back to the past, and asking the people I converse with about crucial details gets the job done. That is how I for example learned that a block of margarine and a very nice copy of the book Dune would be the key to the heart of Dalisse, the Handler in Larson's Labyrinth... I haven't actually done that yet, but I trust it will go well, since I'm still here in this future..."
He looked serious for a moment, "I truly hope he makes it. If not, another Cabalmate of mine - she's like a sister to him - will be utterly shattered. And we can't have that..."

Sierra looked a bit afraid now and she looked down at her hands.
"They don't hurt..." She muttered.
"They are just numb that means they are okey right?"
She asked and she gave you a hopeful look and Victor nodded.
"I am going to have to lock the door Mr Wainwright are you sure you will be alright in here with her considering what she is? Also there is a drunk Flambeau in the neighboring cell he is just put in there to sleep it off if he start making a fuss just ignore it I will take care of it when I come back."
Victor said then he waited for your reply before he closed and locked the door and ran to get a doctor, and then suddenly you where back at Steelhaven watching the sleeping from of Sierra sitting by the radiator.
He frowned at Sierra's hands, "No, the blood rushing to your hands should sting and itch like nothing else... can you try moving your fingers?"
He nodded, "She can't use magic, and right now, I don't think she'd be able to use her hands much, either... if either of us is in danger in here, it's not me. Run!"
He looked back to Sierra and frowned, "Now, I'm not good at this, but you should... still be in handcuffs. Right..."
He glanced up at the guards, "Double-check her handcuffs in a little while - don't let her circulation be cut off for too long."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
Narim nodded at that.
"We are going to have to see what his role will be when we talk with him and yes I suspect he will want his dagger back if it is dear to him."
The Virtual Adept agreed.
He nodded, "I understand he will starve without it... no proper fangs, and an iron sensitivity like our own special Deaconess..."

"I will be able to do so but as I am not an Archmage of Correspondence the journey will be a rather bumpy one."
He warned then he fished a small, simple nokia phone out of his desk drawer, turned it on and pressed a few keys after a while he handed it to you.
"Keep this with you an break it if you are in need of an immediate extraction Mr Wainwright and I will get you."
He scratched his cheek lightly, giving Narim a roguish grin, "Well, I am no stranger to bumpy rides... and I have been teleported before; I should be able to preserve my dignity, all the same. But how in the name of everything Holy and Unholy am I supposed to break a Nokia? Aren't they even Flambeau-proof? Hm, I could strap some Tass to it and detonate it like that, I suppose... but that again might become overkill..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:51 pm

"Yes that is what I had in mind Mr Yager but it should be a phrase a very simple one like a nursery rhyme but written in runes to further suck the target into the image."
The Hagalaz agreed.

"A phrase huh? How about a phrase that never ends?" Serge asked.

"A phrase like 'The end is never the end'. It can be written like 'The end is never the end is never' around the perimeter of the circle? It's kinda hard to say let me show you." Serge started writing the phrase 'the end is never the end is never' in a corner of his sketchbook to show how when the phrase is repeated it formed a never ending chain.

"I think it's cool because the phrase is referring to the spiral trap. Showing how the illusionary spiral seems to never end. And if written around the circle acts as another way to suck the target into a never ending loop."

"Thank you kid, likewise us Cultists have to stick together eh?"
The older Ecstatic said though she did not smile, you got the feeling Helga very seldom smiled.

"Hell yeah!" Serge said enthusiastically with a smile trying one last time to see if he could get Helga to smile with his misplaced enthusisasm.  

Where do you go to look for Liv Bergen?

As Serge climbed up the stairs out of the basement, he decided to look within the cafeteria first. That was where he last saw the young girl and their was a chance he might see her their again.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:52 am

Adley:

He put the items in and anything else that he thought needed to be dealt with and handed it back to him.

Jeffry put the ashtray on his desk and moved a few things out of the way, then the made several modern hand gestures and chanted in Latin.
"Et conteret vos ab creatura ferro Lucius Annaeus Seneca!"
A blue flame shot up and consumed the needle, the wipes and anything else on the tray, a flame with no heat, and yet nothing was left of the items you had placed there not even ash.
"That should take care of it."
Jeffry said as he put the tray back on the shelf.

"Of course I will help you...and we're coming back from this, we have too much to finish."

"Indeed we can't die mea filius we are far to busy."
The old Hermetic said sounding amused then he nodded.
"Good let us get to task then and get these wards in order."

Adley nodded. "Well, let me know if he comes in and you want me to greet him, then."

"I will do so mea filius and that might be a good idea as I have quite a few things to do before the strike on the Labyrinth."

And they'd said no, before when they asked to do the Aegis on the chantry, due to political reasons - which had been frustrating then and doubly now. Especially as their enemies had them. "We should go now," he said, standing back up. He didn't like leaving the wards off long, he had his tools on him now and anything else would be a bonus to get later.

Jeffry nodded and he went with you to the basement, you met Antonio on the way up from the magickal section with freshly enchanted parchments in hand and he bowed to your Mentor as he passed him and gave you a small nod of his head, Jeffry nodded to the Scribe then he led the way into one of the smaller ritual chambers.
"Would you mind clearing the space of the Resonance of the last person who used this chamber while I set things up mea filius?"
The old Hermetic asked as he went to light two candles at the stone altar in on end of the room.

Nicole:

'That a stupid person does not always make stupid decisions, while intelligence does not protect you from never talking the stupid decision.' Nicole replied after a pause, clearly thinking this out.

"Perhaps but there is not much to indicate that the Union's policy is stupid, it is wrong and horrible but not stupid. Look at it this way it was not stupid of Hitler to go after the Jews, it was a tactically brilliant strategy, take an already hated group and make a common enemy out of them to gather his people against an projected threat, it was wrong, cruel and horrible but not stupid. The same way the Union tend to foster intelligence that is not their problem they lac heart not brains."
Rodger said and sigh.

Colin smiled thinly, "You don't understand. That is quite alright, and you are quite lucky..."

The young Enforcer gave you another confused look.
"Ehm...no I can not say that I understand no Sir how lucky that makes me though I don't know"

He nodded, "No, it doesn't, does it? But, there are ways to either get it under control, or to temporarily distract from it... Once you are untied, we can start writing down a formal complaint against Nilda, for the threats he made against your dignity. At the very least, that should get him out of your hair, and possibly even dishonourably discharged."

"I am not sure anything can distract from fear like this."
The young Nephanda said and sigh then she looked at confused.
"Nilda is not allowed to make such threats? But I am a prisoner and he is a guard in the Labyrinth anyone could do what they wanted to a prisoner unless one of the higher ups had reserved them for something."

He shrugged, "Not quite - more like a less compassionate Judge Dredd, really. And I do believe he will find quite a bit of valuable information in just the short list of compromised individuals you told me."

"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright I do not wish to be sent to the ritual, not yet...oh please not yet!"
Sierra whispered and she started sobbing again.
"I do not want to loose my Avatar!"

He smiled wryly, "Less so than you would think..."

"Well that is good I guess."
She said still sobbing.

He shook his head, "No, not really - however, everything I learn in the future, I remember when I go back to the past, and asking the people I converse with about crucial details gets the job done. That is how I for example learned that a block of margarine and a very nice copy of the book Dune would be the key to the heart of Dalisse, the Handler in Larson's Labyrinth... I haven't actually done that yet, but I trust it will go well, since I'm still here in this future..."

"That is a practical skill then...and as for Dalisse I have heard that Larson had problems with her Labyrinth handler."
Sierra said and nodded.
"So when I tell you things now, you can take that with you into the past?"
She asked.

He looked serious for a moment, "I truly hope he makes it. If not, another Cabalmate of mine - she's like a sister to him - will be utterly shattered. And we can't have that..."

The Nephanda looked at you for a moment and then she just nodded.

He frowned at Sierra's hands, "No, the blood rushing to your hands should sting and itch like nothing else... can you try moving your fingers?"

Sierra looked really scared now her hands still did not move.
"I...can't move them they will not respond at all what is happening Mr Wainwright?"
She whimpered.

He nodded, "She can't use magic, and right now, I don't think she'd be able to use her hands much, either... if either of us is in danger in here, it's not me. Run!"

Victor nodded he closed the door, locked it and ran to get a physician to treat Sierra's hands.

He looked back to Sierra and frowned, "Now, I'm not good at this, but you should... still be in handcuffs. Right..."

Sierra was sleeping deeply and did not hear your question but she clearly was fastened to the radiator with her thin arms behind her back.

He glanced up at the guards, "Double-check her handcuffs in a little while - don't let her circulation be cut off for too long."

Helga nodded.
"I know Mr Wainwright I have an aunt who have the same illness as her so I know some of the issues. Once Dr Lee gets here I will ask if he have any medical restraints that will be safer and far more comfortable for her, for her and Miss Clearwater since she is wounded."
The Cultist agreed then she scratched her head a little.
"We will take good care of her, but we do check the bindings of all the prisoners regularly to make sure they have blood flow in their extremities."

Steelhaven Now:

He nodded, "I understand he will starve without it... no proper fangs, and an iron sensitivity like our own special Deaconess..."

"I see, quite an unusual vampire then...but I know understand why the dagger is made of silver."
Narim said.
"We will make sure he gets it back then."

He scratched his cheek lightly, giving Narim a roguish grin, "Well, I am no stranger to bumpy rides...

The Virtual Adept Master looked mortified for a moment.
"Oh! I am so sorry Mr Wainwright."
He said.
"I did not mean to imply...I mean I ehm...yeah sorry."

and I have been teleported before; I should be able to preserve my dignity, all the same.

"Well being plucked from the Umbra and taken to the physical world by someone just bearably qualified to do it is not the same as being taken from here to Chicago you know."
Narim warned.
"But it is better than being captured by Nephandi."

But how in the name of everything Holy and Unholy am I supposed to break a Nokia? Aren't they even Flambeau-proof? Hm, I could strap some Tass to it and detonate it like that, I suppose... but that again might become overkill..."

The Virtual Adept grinned a little at that.
"True they are rather durable, just taking the battery out will do it, or you know just shoot it, whatever works."

Serge:

"A phrase huh? How about a phrase that never ends?" Serge asked.

"A phrase like 'The end is never the end'. It can be written like 'The end is never the end is never' around the perimeter of the circle? It's kinda hard to say let me show you." Serge started writing the phrase 'the end is never the end is never' in a corner of his sketchbook to show how when the phrase is repeated it formed a never ending chain.

"Ah yes that is perfect for our needs here."
Ulv said and he needed approvingly.
"Such a repeating phrase will add to the effect of the enchantment and help to suck the target into the trap."

"I think it's cool because the phrase is referring to the spiral trap. Showing how the illusionary spiral seems to never end. And if written around the circle acts as another way to suck the target into a never ending loop."

"Exactly...hum I think you might be able to make this trap soon kid, just look up the rune alphabet you want to use online and create the phrase from there, make the drawing and hand it on your wall and enchant it regularly and you have yourself some non lethal way to protect your room."
The Hagalaz said and grinned clearly finding the discussion interesting.

"Hell yeah!" Serge said enthusiastically with a smile trying one last time to see if he could get Helga to smile with his misplaced enthusisasm.

Helga did not smile, from the look in her eyes there was something broken in her, and there was a long time since she had truly smiled.
"My room is 202 so if you need anything just drop by and ask."
She said flatly.

As Serge climbed up the stairs out of the basement, he decided to look within the cafeteria first. That was where he last saw the young girl and their was a chance he might see her their again.

There was no one in the cafeteria when you got up there, though someone had put on a pot of coffee which would be done soon and they would probably get back to shortly, that someone was most likely not Liv Bergen though as most ten year olds where not that fond of coffee.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:12 am

Horizon, Near Future:
The young Enforcer gave you another confused look.
"Ehm...no I can not say that I understand no Sir how lucky that makes me though I don't know"
Colin nodded sagely, "Empathy can only go so far - actually knowing how something feels, because you have a memory of it... well, it is a burden. But one that spurs you to compassion. You're a good man, I think - you can treat prisoners decently without that knowledge..."

"I am not sure anything can distract from fear like this."
The young Nephanda said and sigh then she looked at confused.
"Nilda is not allowed to make such threats? But I am a prisoner and he is a guard in the Labyrinth anyone could do what they wanted to a prisoner unless one of the higher ups had reserved them for something."
He nodded, "Remember, the Cult of Ecstasy is one of the Traditions, and they have had their influence on the laws. They are quite concerned about matters of consent and abusing those in a weaker position. And the Verbena, as well, very casual about sex, but if you so much as try implying that one participant is unwilling or unable to make the decision, and someone is going to have a very bad day as soon as they get near vegetation... No, Nilda was indeed not allowed to make such threats against a prisoner, far less act on them."

"That is a practical skill then...and as for Dalisse I have heard that Larson had problems with her Labyrinth handler."
Sierra said and nodded.
"So when I tell you things now, you can take that with you into the past?"
She asked.
He nodded, "I will inform my Security Chief of Jace's clone, and the other names you gave me - some will be immediately investigated, others will be given enough rope to hang themselves, I suspect. Any particular message you want me to deliver? Perhaps to warn you that Tradition Law prohibits rape threats toward prisoners?"

Sierra looked really scared now her hands still did not move.
"I...can't move them they will not respond at all what is happening Mr Wainwright?"
She whimpered.
He frowned, "Your circulation is not good - but I'm not qualified to say how bad it is... Gangrene is a killer, though... I just hope we spotted it in time to prevent permanent damage."

Helga nodded.
"I know Mr Wainwright I have an aunt who have the same illness as her so I know some of the issues. Once Dr Lee gets here I will ask if he have any medical restraints that will be safer and far more comfortable for her, for her and Miss Clearwater since she is wounded."
The Cultist agreed then she scratched her head a little.
"We will take good care of her, but we do check the bindings of all the prisoners regularly to make sure they have blood flow in their extremities."
He nodded thoughtfully, "The guards on Horizon will not be aware of that complication... the bindings will be too tight, and she'll not be able to feel her hands when the ropes are removed..."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
The Virtual Adept Master looked mortified for a moment.
"Oh! I am so sorry Mr Wainwright."
He said.
"I did not mean to imply...I mean I ehm...yeah sorry."
He chuckled, "I know what you meant, Sir. I am merely teasing. There's nothing to apologize for."

"Well being plucked from the Umbra and taken to the physical world by someone just bearably qualified to do it is not the same as being taken from here to Chicago you know."
Narim warned.
"But it is better than being captured by Nephandi."
He nodded, "Hm, best make sure you have some connection to the shuttle, as well, so you can inform them to head home instead of waiting for me if I have to use the emergency recall..."

The Virtual Adept grinned a little at that.
"True they are rather durable, just taking the battery out will do it, or you know just shoot it, whatever works."
He nodded, "Simple battery removal is enough... that's useful."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:12 am

Horizon Near Future:

Colin nodded sagely, "Empathy can only go so far - actually knowing how something feels, because you have a memory of it... well, it is a burden. But one that spurs you to compassion. You're a good man, I think - you can treat prisoners decently without that knowledge..."

"I guess I see the wisdom in that Mr Wainwright an I do try to treat prisoners well when I can, sometimes harsh methods have to be used but usually it is not necessary to make the situation worse for them."
Victor agreed.

He nodded, "Remember, the Cult of Ecstasy is one of the Traditions, and they have had their influence on the laws. They are quite concerned about matters of consent and abusing those in a weaker position. And the Verbena, as well, very casual about sex, but if you so much as try implying that one participant is unwilling or unable to make the decision, and someone is going to have a very bad day as soon as they get near vegetation... No, Nilda was indeed not allowed to make such threats against a prisoner, far less act on them."

"That is...good. I did never like that part of being a Nephandus that anyone stronger than you can do what they wish."
Sierra said softly and ooked away.
"Well no matter now I guess but how do I make such a comlaint against that bastard Nilda?"

He nodded, "I will inform my Security Chief of Jace's clone, and the other names you gave me - some will be immediately investigated, others will be given enough rope to hang themselves, I suspect. Any particular message you want me to deliver? Perhaps to warn you that Tradition Law prohibits rape threats toward prisoners?"

Sierra shook her head an sigh.
"No not that but...there are two other things one is practical I have organ damage from my illness going untreated for most of my childhood, my mother never trusted doctors, and she was afraid there where mind control agents in my medicine only when I slipped into a coma and nearely died did she actually take it seriously and let me take the insulin, my liver do not work to well, and there are some other problems I never told you guys for I hoped to die from it and avoid...well you know but as that have not happened I would prefer not to have the discomfort and beside since there is now a chance I can make it I do not want to hurt myself further, these injuries have been with me since I was a child so it is hard to heal."
She said then she hesitated and looked down.
"And...ehm...yeah...ehm...can you tell me in the past that when my Mentor finds out what have happened to me and that I have been arrested and come to see me for me not to be so afraid of what he will say that I refused to see him...seeing him again before...well it would be nice."
She muttered softly and looked up at you.

He frowned, "Your circulation is not good - but I'm not qualified to say how bad it is... Gangrene is a killer, though... I just hope we spotted it in time to prevent permanent damage."

The Nephanda nodded she looked worried though and looked down at her hands.
"The guard...Reynolds he will be getting a doctor?"
She asked.

He nodded thoughtfully, "The guards on Horizon will not be aware of that complication... the bindings will be too tight, and she'll not be able to feel her hands when the ropes are removed..."

"We are going to have to make sure we inform them, being bound over a long period of time can give some numbnes but feeling usually rush back if it do not then there is a serious issue."
Helga sai and looked down at her own hands with something dark in her eyes.
"I can make a small write up of what Sierra here will need for her medical care once she is transferred to Horizon."
The Cultist offered.

Steelhaven Now:

He chuckled, "I know what you meant, Sir. I am merely teasing. There's nothing to apologize for."

"Ah well all good then..."
Narim said and he smiled a bit nervously.

He nodded, "Hm, best make sure you have some connection to the shuttle, as well, so you can inform them to head home instead of waiting for me if I have to use the emergency recall..."

"You are taking the Chief's new Umbral shuttle...hum not a bad idea I think I have the phone number to the pilot a gentleman from Chantry Alvan in Worcester I will give him a call and work something out."
Narim said and he nodded thoughtfully at your suggestion.

He nodded, "Simple battery removal is enough... that's useful."

"I do like to keep it simple Mr Wainwright. Do you have any questions about the extraction rote or anything else that you need?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:41 am

Horizon, Near Future:
"I guess I see the wisdom in that Mr Wainwright an I do try to treat prisoners well when I can, sometimes harsh methods have to be used but usually it is not necessary to make the situation worse for them."
Victor agreed.
He nodded, "And as that special bonus I mentioned, sympathy can be an insidious tool, far more effective than torment..."

"That is...good. I did never like that part of being a Nephandus that anyone stronger than you can do what they wish."
Sierra said softly and ooked away.
"Well no matter now I guess but how do I make such a comlaint against that bastard Nilda?"
He smiled wryly, "We fill in a form, actually... But first, before we get the actual form, we can make accurate notes, so we can fill in the form more quickly."

Sierra shook her head an sigh.
"No not that but...there are two other things one is practical I have organ damage from my illness going untreated for most of my childhood, my mother never trusted doctors, and she was afraid there where mind control agents in my medicine only when I slipped into a coma and nearely died did she actually take it seriously and let me take the insulin, my liver do not work to well, and there are some other problems I never told you guys for I hoped to die from it and avoid...well you know but as that have not happened I would prefer not to have the discomfort and beside since there is now a chance I can make it I do not want to hurt myself further, these injuries have been with me since I was a child so it is hard to heal."
She said then she hesitated and looked down.
"And...ehm...yeah...ehm...can you tell me in the past that when my Mentor finds out what have happened to me and that I have been arrested and come to see me for me not to be so afraid of what he will say that I refused to see him...seeing him again before...well it would be nice."
She muttered softly and looked up at you.
He frowned, "The liver is one of the organs that filters out toxins and waste from the blood, isn't it? That's most certainly not good..."
He nodded, "I can easily tell you that you should let your Mentor see you when he comes visiting... Would you mind telling me his name, so you'll know I'm not merely offering platitudes?"

The Nephanda nodded she looked worried though and looked down at her hands.
"The guard...Reynolds he will be getting a doctor?"
She asked.
He nodded, "I am sure of it... It would not reflect well on him to have his prisoner die from blood poisoning..."

"We are going to have to make sure we inform them, being bound over a long period of time can give some numbnes but feeling usually rush back if it do not then there is a serious issue."
Helga sai and looked down at her own hands with something dark in her eyes.
"I can make a small write up of what Sierra here will need for her medical care once she is transferred to Horizon."
The Cultist offered.
He nodded, "She also has a permanently damaged liver... her mother did not believe in insulin for too long. Make sure Dr. Lee is informed when he comes down with her kit."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
"You are taking the Chief's new Umbral shuttle...hum not a bad idea I think I have the phone number to the pilot a gentleman from Chantry Alvan in Worcester I will give him a call and work something out."
Narim said and he nodded thoughtfully at your suggestion.
He nodded, "That sounds like the man, yes."

"I do like to keep it simple Mr Wainwright. Do you have any questions about the extraction rote or anything else that you need?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
He shook his head, "No, I... actually, yes, there is something else... Have you managed to sort out the gremlin in the telephone system, and could you get my phone to work in the Umbra?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:04 am

Horizon Near Future:

He nodded, "And as that special bonus I mentioned, sympathy can be an insidious tool, far more effective than torment..."

"I guess you are right Sir."
Victor said though he still looked a bit doubtful on that point.

He smiled wryly, "We fill in a form, actually... But first, before we get the actual form, we can make accurate notes, so we can fill in the form more quickly."

Sierra sigh and she begin to tell you some rather disturbing details on what Mr Nilda liked to say and do to female prisoners.

He frowned, "The liver is one of the organs that filters out toxins and waste from the blood, isn't it? That's most certainly not good..."

"That is correct yes the liver's main function is to clean waste from the blood and it also make gall and break down carbs into energy the body can use...so no not good."
Sierra said and frowned.
"I know my mother meant well but yeah...her decision was not a smart one."

He nodded, "I can easily tell you that you should let your Mentor see you when he comes visiting... Would you mind telling me his name, so you'll know I'm not merely offering platitudes?"

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
The young Nephanda said then she hesitates and sigh.
"Adeptus Major Augustus Sadie I think he currently live in the war Chantry Umbra Gladii in Gary near Chicago."

He nodded, "I am sure of it... It would not reflect well on him to have his prisoner die from blood poisoning..."

"Well it would make my Avatar happy."
She said and she tried to smile a little.
"Even so this really...really sucks."
She whimpered.

He nodded, "She also has a permanently damaged liver... her mother did not believe in insulin for too long. Make sure Dr. Lee is informed when he comes down with her kit."

"Well her mother is an idiot then."
Helga said and shook her head.
"Well she is not the only mother I guess who hurt their own kids over stupid ideas."
She said bitterly then she nodded.
"I will let Dr Lee know as soon as he gets down here."

Steelhaven now:

He nodded, "That sounds like the man, yes."

Narim nodded.
"He is a good pilot he can be a bit gruff and ruff and is a bit of an oddball if I may be as rude as to say so, then again so are we all, he is skilled with an Umbral ship though he works as the pilot of a passenger and supply shuttle that go between Horizon and the Boston Umbral port."

He shook his head, "No, I... actually, yes, there is something else... Have you managed to sort out the gremlin in the telephone system, and could you get my phone to work in the Umbra?"

"Well for your first question I have banished the spirit but not yet been able to find out who sent it, but yes the gremlin as you put it are gone and I have put up firewalls against it returning. On your second question yes I can there is an app for that."
Narim said and he fished up his own phone and tapped at in and the message sound on your own phone rang.
"Just install it, I recon it will last for a day or so before it automatically uninstalls."
He said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:39 am

Horizon, Near Future:
Sierra sigh and she begin to tell you some rather disturbing details on what Mr Nilda liked to say and do to female prisoners.
Colin frowned, "Hold on a moment, dear - let me untie you properly first, get you dressed, and then I start taking notes."

"That is correct yes the liver's main function is to clean waste from the blood and it also make gall and break down carbs into energy the body can use...so no not good."
Sierra said and frowned.
"I know my mother meant well but yeah...her decision was not a smart one."
He frowned, "Let me guess, you're not really fully vaccinated, either?"

"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
The young Nephanda said then she hesitates and sigh.
"Adeptus Major Augustus Sadie I think he currently live in the war Chantry Umbra Gladii in Gary near Chicago."
He nodded, "We've had some dealings with Chicago. I can make a few calls, or at least arrange something."

"Well it would make my Avatar happy."
She said and she tried to smile a little.
"Even so this really...really sucks."
She whimpered.
He smiled sadly, "It might make your Avatar survive for another reincarnation... I don't think it would make it happy. I think it's rather attached to you, after all..."

Steelhaven Hall, Now:
Narim nodded.
"He is a good pilot he can be a bit gruff and ruff and is a bit of an oddball if I may be as rude as to say so, then again so are we all, he is skilled with an Umbral ship though he works as the pilot of a passenger and supply shuttle that go between Horizon and the Boston Umbral port."
He grinned, "Sounds like the perfect man for the job, then. I wouldn't want a too sane and safe pilot for this..."

"Well for your first question I have banished the spirit but not yet been able to find out who sent it, but yes the gremlin as you put it are gone and I have put up firewalls against it returning. On your second question yes I can there is an app for that."
Narim said and he fished up his own phone and tapped at in and the message sound on your own phone rang.
"Just install it, I recon it will last for a day or so before it automatically uninstalls."
He said and smiled.
He nodded and tapped the app's icon, "Brilliant... I'll have to get a longer-lasting upgrade later, but for today, this will do splendidly. I will probably call home from the Umbral Port, make sure it works right."
He pondered for a moment, "Oh, by the way, could you check if there's an Adeptus Major Augustus Sadie at the Umbra Gladii Chantry in Gary, Illinois? Don't call him, just check if that's his current address - I'll need to speak with his apprentice before contacting him..."

He gave Narim a quick bow, and headed out again, "Now to see about a couple of necessary items from my apartment, a quick visit to the basement, and then to find Mr. Terach for the trip to the airport..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Anja's Post:

'They spent a large slice of labour, effort, transport and industry killing people when it could of been used to, say make tanks and planes to win the war.' a little suprised that Godwin's law had happened so quickly. 'Drove out scientists which could have provided them with the A-Bomb before us. Gave a clinching argument to millions of people to resist because it was so plainly evil.'

'So strategically stupid.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Colin frowned, "Hold on a moment, dear - let me untie you properly first, get you dressed, and then I start taking notes."

"O...ok..."
Sierra said and she nodded and stopped her tale of Nilda's misdeeds for now.
"That is probably best."

He frowned, "Let me guess, you're not really fully vaccinated, either?"

"Nope...my mother was sure I would get autism or something and it is so hard to figure out what I should get as an adult there is nothing online about it and I do not really have health insurance so just going to a doctor saying I was never vaccinated as a kid and for them just to start a program just gets to expensive, and with the bloody doctor on our payroll he do not really do routine things like that. I guess I could have asked Jace, before he died but our Labyrinths do not really see eye to eye on most matters. I get the flu shot each year but other than that no not really."
Sierra said and sigh.
"Most diseases can be fixed with magick off course but I do have health problems and I have at least some Jhor so I am in danger for illnesses but I guess it is what it is."

He nodded, "We've had some dealings with Chicago. I can make a few calls, or at least arrange something."

"I...would appreciate that."
The prisoner said softly.

He smiled sadly, "It might make your Avatar survive for another reincarnation... I don't think it would make it happy. I think it's rather attached to you, after all..."

"So he is I guess and no he is not happy, he have not been happy since before I Fell."
Sierra said sadly.
"But at least I would be alive right and he will loose me sooner or later anyway."

Steelhaven Now:

He grinned, "Sounds like the perfect man for the job, then. I wouldn't want a too sane and safe pilot for this..."

"You are making me more and more concerned about this mission of yours Mr Wainwright."
Narim said wryly.

He nodded and tapped the app's icon, "Brilliant... I'll have to get a longer-lasting upgrade later, but for today, this will do splendidly. I will probably call home from the Umbral Port, make sure it works right."

A bright blue and orange icon found it's way into the apps list on your phone. Narim nodded.
"You do that and I can create a permanent version for you Mr Wainwright though I will have to ask then that you pay me back the Tass spent on it. As for this app now it should work out to and including the Middle Umbra but not across the Horizon I do not have the skill for that."

He pondered for a moment, "Oh, by the way, could you check if there's an Adeptus Major Augustus Sadie at the Umbra Gladii Chantry in Gary, Illinois? Don't call him, just check if that's his current address - I'll need to speak with his apprentice before contacting him..."

"Ehm...yes certainly I can see what I can find out what Tradition are the Adeptus Major of?"
Narim said as he made a quick note of the request on his computer.

He gave Narim a quick bow, and headed out again, "Now to see about a couple of necessary items from my apartment, a quick visit to the basement, and then to find Mr. Terach for the trip to the airport..."

"Good day Mr Wainwright and good luck."
Narim said as you went out of his office.

When you got to your apartment you heard the sound of Jareth playing with something on the floor, something that when clanging across the floor at regular intervals.

Nicole:

'They spent a large slice of labour, effort, transport and industry killing people when it could of been used to, say make tanks and planes to win the war.' a little suprised that Godwin's law had happened so quickly. 'Drove out scientists which could have provided them with the A-Bomb before us. Gave a clinching argument to millions of people to resist because it was so plainly evil.'

'So strategically stupid.'

"You where not alive at the time Ma'am, I was, and it was not stupid, newspapers where full of anti Semitic rhetoric, and the general population in Germany did not see what happened as evil, not the rest of the world either, some did, but most thought getting rid of the Jews where a good thing. The thing is sure more tanks and planes would be nice but if the people was not behind a war then things fall apart. Look at it this way quite a few times with witch hunts they have been used to gather the people against a common enemy, real or imagined. American schools present the victory over Germany as a done deal but it was not, we where damned lucky to win their tactics where sound, and besides without gathering around a common enemy it is doubtful that depressed, warn thorn Germany would have ever accepted another conflict or had the ability to fight one."
The older Etherite said you saw the airport coming up to the left and he pointed to the glove compartment.
"But now we are close to the Umbral Docks, there you will find a somewhat modified flashlight would you terribly mind grabbing it for me dear madam?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next