Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 Empty The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:55 pm

(OOC: Nicole are with Antonio, Fran and Ry fighting a manifested monstrosity in a Nephandi hideout, Serge is running a mage day care, Colin is at the Labyrinth speaking with Dalisse the Battle Cruiser's Handler. Adley is preparing for battle and sending messages on his Mentor's phone and Tane is discussing breakfast with Cita. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:34 pm

"So ehm...do you like James Bond movies Sir? I like James Bond movies but I like the old ones best, the ones who did not take itself to seriously and was just meant to be a fun spy romp and not some sort of action drama."
Yu Die said clearly very happy to change the subject.

"Oh hell ya! I love spy movies. You ever watched Mission Impossible?" Serge said enthusiastically wanting to talk her mind off of her troubles.

"In almost all spy movies I love their spy gadgets most of all. They all looked so cool. Laser pens, invisible cars, a shoe with a knife built-in to enhance your kicks, and so much more. You have to admit the gadgets are always the most interesting part of the movies right?"

"Well with Awakening comes interesting thing, did you know that one of my friends at Riverside, the Chantry I live at says that her Mentor knows werewolves?"
The young Akashic said finally warming up a little but still being somewhat reserved.

"Oh yeah? Werewolves are old news though. Well Jane here says she knows a wereshark! And apparently the librarian at my old chantry was a werefox!" Serge said, one-upping the Akashic.

"Yeah I have it the same way I always would dream myself away in history, though it s a bit annoying that just about any history book in school might have a few pages to other cultures but otherwise it is just European history or Europeans meeting other cultures, while things have been happening other places as well you know."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"I think I would like to cosplay you know, learn to make historical dresses and such to prance around in and pretend I live in a different time, or a different world."

"Cosplay's cool but I think I'll stick to drawing. It seems a lot easier than creating costumes." Serge said with a chuckle, finding it hard to imagine the polite young girl prancing around in a large victorian-style ball gown.

"Any particular time period you'd like to cosplay as? I for one would love to be a knight in shining armor." Serge said with a grin.

"That is not a problem Princess Katie have animal telepaths who know what the animals think and that way they can communicate, an machines that you and run over where a dog have peed and such and you will know what the markings mean."
Cava said as if it where the most obvious thing in the world, after all off course there would be animal telepaths.
"By the way can my other paper dolls live in Princess Katie's castle as well Sir?"
The young Hermetic asked happily.

"Of course! It's princess Katie's final decision but I think she's nice and she'll let your other paper dolls in." Serge said kindly letting the girl have her way.

"Reading the mind of animals is kinda hard though. But Princess Katie's royal wizards should be able to do it." Serge said as if talking from experience.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:50 pm

"Oh hell ya! I love spy movies. You ever watched Mission Impossible?" Serge said enthusiastically wanting to talk her mind off of her troubles.

"In almost all spy movies I love their spy gadgets most of all. They all looked so cool. Laser pens, invisible cars, a shoe with a knife built-in to enhance your kicks, and so much more. You have to admit the gadgets are always the most interesting part of the movies right?"

"I have seen Mission Impossible yes and it was pretty good Sir."
Yu Die said and she gave a big smile.
"Yeah I love the gadgets do you think that is what it feels like to be a member of the Sons of Ether? Do have neat gadgets for everything?"
She asked.
"For their magick looks so much fun."

"Oh yeah? Werewolves are old news though. Well Jane here says she knows a wereshark! And apparently the librarian at my old chantry was a werefox!" Serge said, one-upping the Akashic.

"A wereshark there exist such beings?"
Yu Die said surprised and Jane nodded.
"Yeah I have met one, he was pretty nice."
He little girl said and the Akashic smiled.
"That is really cool I hope I get to meet him as well. I have heard about the librarian at Chantry Westchapel though, I have been to that Chantry many times but I have not met her yet though, she sounds so interesting."

"Cosplay's cool but I think I'll stick to drawing. It seems a lot easier than creating costumes." Serge said with a chuckle, finding it hard to imagine the polite young girl prancing around in a large victorian-style ball gown.

"I do not know how to sew yet Sir but I would really like to learn, it sounds a bit fun, to create my own clothes and create costumes."
Yu Die said and nodded.
"Drawing is cool though Sir."

"Any particular time period you'd like to cosplay as? I for one would love to be a knight in shining armor." Serge said with a grin.

Yu Die considered that question for a moment then she smiled.
"I think I would like to cosplay as a golden years of Hollywood, silent movie star actress with all of that glamour you know."
She said then she nodded.
"A knight is cool Sir but I think it is hard to create armor and such."

"Of course! It's princess Katie's final decision but I think she's nice and she'll let your other paper dolls in." Serge said kindly letting the girl have her way.

"Jay! And yes Princess Katie is really nice and she will need some friends."
Cava said happily as she dived into her bright pink backpack and brought out several envelopes, each one probably containing a paper doll and the clothes that fit that particular doll. Carefully Cava put her treasures on the table.
"I like paper dolls Sir."
She said and grinned.

"Reading the mind of animals is kinda hard though. But Princess Katie's royal wizards should be able to do it." Serge said as if talking from experience.

"Yeah it probably are really hard Sir but the royal wizards are real good at it, and Princess Katie is good at it to for she is also a wizard, and a vet and and astronaut!"
Cava declared as she happily played around with the paper doll you had created for her, carefully trying on one of her dresses and closing the paper flaps to hold in onto the doll.
"Do this dress make her pretty Sir?"
The little mage said said as she held the result up towards you with the doll wearing a yellow summer dress.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:20 pm

You saw the conversations back and forth with Colin and the attachment. You also found the four people mentioned on the contacts lists of the old phone, it would have a problem opening the attachment, it was to old, but the four magi mentioned should have a bit newer models.

After he scanned the message chain, he tried to forward the message with the map to the four people, checking to see if the setting kept the attachment intact.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:23 pm

You managed to send the message off without a hitch. You see that Jeffry have handed the maps of to Mrs Von Hess and she have started dowsing over it with the pendulum filled with a few drops of Cava's blood.

Nicole as you are backing away from the spirits the Nephandi have summoned into manifestation your phone pings alerting you that someone who might not now that you where fighting for your life had sent you a message.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:25 pm

"My ship do indeed not enjoy being chained down here, he want to leave for the deep."
The Handler said.
"But yes he did enjoy talking with you...hum yes Miss Brønnerud is indeed carving into the walls, to small an injury to be painful but irritating non the less, and whatever she is working on might be a problem down the line...as for the prisoners, no they are not well treated, the Nephandi are not known for our kindness."
She said sadly.
Colin smiled, "He is rather lovable, like a big family dog ready to run out and play."
He frowned, "Indeed, her traps are unpleasantly well made. Would you be able to pick up on the finished work? Identification, not necessarily neutralization?"

It was not the easiest task you had ever set yourself since the sensations from the great polyp had been so jumbled and also he was wast, there where large parts of the ship where no one had been and so you had not been shown those parts of the ship but for the rooms you had been shown you are left with a decent ir rough map. Dalisse glanced at the map and nodded.
"That seam to be accurate Colin."
She commented.
He nodded and took a few pictures of the rough floor plans, sending them to Narim with the message 'I've seen the rough layout of the ship - at least where there are people right now. These maps might be useful; the prisoners, as indicated, are not well treated, and need to be evacuated and seen to. Please print these and pass them on to JM; he has tech trouble.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:35 pm

Colin smiled, "He is rather lovable, like a big family dog ready to run out and play."

Dalisse smiled a little.
"That he is, keep in mind though that most Battle Cruisers are not like this, they have become cruel and twisted by their Fallen Handlers."
She cautioned.
"But yes my ship is lovable...but he should be free, all he wants is to be free."

He frowned, "Indeed, her traps are unpleasantly well made. Would you be able to pick up on the finished work? Identification, not necessarily neutralization?"

"I should be able to pick up what the finished trap will do Colin but I can not neutralize it without tipping my hand and the woman is a powerful mage so undoing her work while possible would mean my magick against hears and that will be a bit of a struggle which will be discovered."
She said and frowned again.

He nodded and took a few pictures of the rough floor plans, sending them to Narim with the message 'I've seen the rough layout of the ship - at least where there are people right now. These maps might be useful; the prisoners, as indicated, are not well treated, and need to be evacuated and seen to. Please print these and pass them on to JM; he has tech trouble.'

You got a short reply back from Narim:
"Yeah don't I know it Mr W. I will get them printed out for him thank you."
Dalisse looked at you.
"Will these maps help your friends get rid of Lady Larson and her allies?"
She asked then she froze.
"He is here...the Aswaim...is here!"
She muttered and she sat down again in her chair as if she did not have the strength to stay on her feet.
"He is here."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:47 pm

"I have seen Mission Impossible yes and it was pretty good Sir."
Yu Die said and she gave a big smile.
"Yeah I love the gadgets do you think that is what it feels like to be a member of the Sons of Ether? Do have neat gadgets for everything?"
She asked.
"For their magick looks so much fun."

"That's the comparison I've always made. The Sons of ether with all of their cool gadgets and gizmos would make for some great spies. And you know how their's always a hacker or the guy in the tech room who does all the hacking of computers and such? Virtual Adept's! They would be perfect for that role" Serge said enjoying the new subject.

"Their magick looks so cool. All of those freaky gadgets. I really wanna use one of them. I bet it's really fun to invent stuff like that." Serge said with a sigh.

Yu Die considered that question for a moment then she smiled.
"I think I would like to cosplay as a golden years of Hollywood, silent movie star actress with all of that glamour you know."
She said then she nodded.
"A knight is cool Sir but I think it is hard to create armor and such."

"I bet it is. Especially the design I want. I want to be clad in menacing heavy black armor, with spikes everywhere and a giant broadsword hung behind my back. My enemies would fear hearing my heavy armor rustling in the distance!" Serge said using his hands to show where each carefully placed spike would be on his imaginary piece of armor.

"If we're allowed to add magick into this cosplay I would also love to make it so that when I snap my finger's all of the lights in a room would turn off and my armor would glow with magickal energy. Now that..would be cool." Serge said snapping his own fingers to show what he meant.

"Jay! And yes Princess Katie is really nice and she will need some friends."
Cava said happily as she dived into her bright pink backpack and brought out several envelopes, each one probably containing a paper doll and the clothes that fit that particular doll. Carefully Cava put her treasures on the table.
"I like paper dolls Sir."
She said and grinned.
"Yeah it probably are really hard Sir but the royal wizards are real good at it, and Princess Katie is good at it to for she is also a wizard, and a vet and and astronaut!"
Cava declared as she happily played around with the paper doll you had created for her, carefully trying on one of her dresses and closing the paper flaps to hold in onto the doll.
"Do this dress make her pretty Sir?"
The little mage said said as she held the result up towards you with the doll wearing a yellow summer dress.

"Yes it does!" Serge said, knowing that no matter what he actually thought it was best to just agree with the little girl

"So what are all of your paper doll's names?" Serge asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:15 pm

"That's the comparison I've always made. The Sons of ether with all of their cool gadgets and gizmos would make for some great spies. And you know how their's always a hacker or the guy in the tech room who does all the hacking of computers and such? Virtual Adept's! They would be perfect for that role" Serge said enjoying the new subject.

"Yeah I think the Sons of Ethers would make for great spies Sir, and I do think they have one faction called Adventurers that do a bit of that in a way."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"And yeah the Virtual Adepts would but great for the role of the hacker who guides the hero."
Se agreed.

"Their magick looks so cool. All of those freaky gadgets. I really wanna use one of them. I bet it's really fun to invent stuff like that." Serge said with a sigh.

"Yeah that would be fun Sir."
The young mage said.
"But I bet making such gadgets are quite a bit of work and you have to understand their Paradigm."

"I bet it is. Especially the design I want. I want to be clad in menacing heavy black armor, with spikes everywhere and a giant broadsword hung behind my back. My enemies would fear hearing my heavy armor rustling in the distance!" Serge said using his hands to show where each carefully placed spike would be on his imaginary piece of armor.

"That would be a pretty cool cosplay costume Sir, it would not be very practical though, spikes are as much a danger to you as your opponent really other than in some very few locations and a sword worn on the back is nearly impossible to draw without first taking it of, the only times someone in the past would wear a sword on their back would be to carry it for travel, and not to be battle ready."
The young Akashic commented.
"But as a costume it would be cool."

"If we're allowed to add magick into this cosplay I would also love to make it so that when I snap my finger's all of the lights in a room would turn off and my armor would glow with magickal energy. Now that..would be cool." Serge said snapping his own fingers to show what he meant.

"I doubt the organizers of con events could deny you the Law of Shade might have a thing to two to say about it though and afterwards though you would get Paradox or trouble with the con as they would think you had messed with the electrical system of the building."
Yu Die said and she raised an eyebrow.
"It might be to much trouble to be worth it no matter how cool it might look."

"Yes it does!" Serge said, knowing that no matter what he actually thought it was best to just agree with the little girl

"Jay, what about this one then Sir?"
Cava said as she changed to the green ball gown with puff sleeves and held the doll up for your appraisal.

"So what are all of your paper doll's names?" Serge asked curiously.

"Well there is Lisa and Lulu and Victoria and Betty and Mary and Jesse and Vivienne and Elisabeth and Lina and Tessa and Lillianne and Muffy."
Cava said and she pointed at the envelopes where the names of the dolls that lived in them where clearly written.
"Would you like to see my paper dolls Sir?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Dalisse smiled a little.
"That he is, keep in mind though that most Battle Cruisers are not like this, they have become cruel and twisted by their Fallen Handlers."
She cautioned.
"But yes my ship is lovable...but he should be free, all he wants is to be free."
Colin nodded, "So I understand... corrupted either directly or by association. But this guy is much like they are in the wild, then?"

"I should be able to pick up what the finished trap will do Colin but I can not neutralize it without tipping my hand and the woman is a powerful mage so undoing her work while possible would mean my magick against hears and that will be a bit of a struggle which will be discovered."
She said and frowned again.
He nodded, "I would not want you to tip your hand prematurely. We have some capable people for dismantling wards and traps, but flagging it for them would probably be practical, or perhaps even better, simply route people around it and leave it undisturbed until you can leave peacefully, with Miss Brønnerud long gone and unable to pick up on your spring cleaning..."

You got a short reply back from Narim:
"Yeah don't I know it Mr W. I will get them printed out for him thank you."
Dalisse looked at you.
"Will these maps help your friends get rid of Lady Larson and her allies?"
She asked then she froze.
"He is here...the Aswaim...is here!"
She muttered and she sat down again in her chair as if she did not have the strength to stay on her feet.
"He is here."
He nodded, "They will certainly help in making the hunt swifter, now that they have a rough map to navigate by - and more importantly, it will make evacuation quicker, in particular where the prisoners and the sleeping vampires are concerned."
He frowned, "He has arrived here, now? Goodness, I hope he doesn't take exception to my presence..."
He quickly tapped off a message to Morgan, 'A. has arrived here. I am slightly anxious. N. has received rough floor plans of ship; please expedite the mission. L.L. is doing something with blood, presumably trying to bind A. - nothing can be done about that from here without immediate exposure.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:30 pm

You managed to send the message off without a hitch. You see that Jeffry have handed the maps of to Mrs Von Hess and she have started dowsing over it with the pendulum filled with a few drops of Cava's blood.

He offered the phone back to the Chief and then went through all his stuff once more to make sure he was ready for when they left, which he imagined would not be too long now that the dowser had her maps. Maybe there would be some enchanted ammo for him if he asked nicely to the young magii hammering them out...

// also, lol @ Colin being 'slightly anxious' at the arrival of an aswadim xD One would not ask what make him /actually worry/ - that man has a gift for understatement

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "So I understand... corrupted either directly or by association. But this guy is much like they are in the wild, then?"

"Yes that is right, while he have grown chambers and the like for living quarters he have not been much modified and are like he would be if living free in the Deep."
Dalisse said and she smiled fondly she clearly cared a great deal about her ship.

He nodded, "I would not want you to tip your hand prematurely. We have some capable people for dismantling wards and traps, but flagging it for them would probably be practical, or perhaps even better, simply route people around it and leave it undisturbed until you can leave peacefully, with Miss Brønnerud long gone and unable to pick up on your spring cleaning..."

"I can do that though sometimes Miss Brønnerud's traps are not localized to here their runes have been carved."
The Handler said.
"But I can see what I can do once the battle starts do you think she will be gone though? She is a Prelate after all."
Dalisse said, she was clearly afraid of the Fallen Hagalaz trap maker and she gave you and uneasy look.

He nodded, "They will certainly help in making the hunt swifter, now that they have a rough map to navigate by - and more importantly, it will make evacuation quicker, in particular where the prisoners and the sleeping vampires are concerned."

"Well there is allot more to the ship you know, was uninhabited areas that are not drawn up on your map."
Dalisse said as she studied the map you had drawn.
"The vampires are ours though they are from a Clan of vampire infernalist who at times will ally themselves with the Nephandi."
The Handler said.
"If you encounter them awake they will not be kind to intruders to the ship.

He frowned, "He has arrived here, now? Goodness, I hope he doesn't take exception to my presence..."

"I do not think it is your presence the Aswadim have an issue with."
Dalisse said and she was clearly worried.

He quickly tapped off a message to Morgan, 'A. has arrived here. I am slightly anxious. N. has received rough floor plans of ship; please expedite the mission. L.L. is doing something with blood, presumably trying to bind A. - nothing can be done about that from here without immediate exposure.'

You got a reply back.

"To: Mr Wainwright
Topic: Options
This is not good news, we are moving as quickly as we can. Is there any chance to disrupt LL's ritual, Master Sharaya might be able to get you out of there once such a task is completed, not that I want for you to put yourself in greater risk but if there is any chance that woman will gain control over the Oracle we can not allow it."
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan."

Adley:

He offered the phone back to the Chief and then went through all his stuff once more to make sure he was ready for when they left, which he imagined would not be too long now that the dowser had her maps. Maybe there would be some enchanted ammo for him if he asked nicely to the young magii hammering them out...

Shortly after you handed the phone back to your Mentor he gets another text message and as he read it the old Flambeau actually pales a little and he utters a long line of Greek and Latin curses then he handed the phone to you and quickly dictated the above message to Colin.
"We are moving out, taking down Mr Jace and then joining the main assault we can wait no longer can you type my words in a letter to Mr Wainwright you write faster then me on the damnable machines while I gather up some enchanted rounds and the rest of our party, we leave as soon as I am back mea filius."
The old mage requested of you.
"If Larson has started her ritual we have no time to loose."
He added and the old war mage just barely paused to hear your reply before he hurried to the kitchen.

(OOC: If Colin's identity is discovered and he is sentenced to the Gilgul being completed he would unnerve the Spirit Masters by describing the ritual as slightly uncomfortable and inviting them for tea. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:19 pm

"We are moving out, taking down Mr Jace and then joining the main assault we can wait no longer can you type my words in a letter to Mr Wainwright you write faster then me on the damnable machines while I gather up some enchanted rounds and the rest of our party, we leave as soon as I am back mea filius."
The old mage requested of you. "If Larson has started her ritual we have no time to loose."

"Yes, sir." Adley took the phone back and flipped it open so he could text the message as dictated. There wasn't even time to feel properly afraid or add to his worries. He focused on turning the little numbers on the phone into the right letters and then hit the reply to send it back to Colin.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:39 pm

By the time you had typed out the reply to Colin Jeffry had returned, he handed you two clips for your weapon with the enchanted bullets the younger magi had be laboring over, with him he had Adjan, Deaconess O'Connor who you had no idea could fight then again she was a Master of the Art, Ravenblood and Duncan.
"We are going after Mr Jace and then if we are successful we join in on the main force attacking the Labyrinth."
Your Mentor said darkly.
"Taking Wallace Jace alive is not the priority, I have on me some of the anti magick serum in case the chance should present itself, for if we have the chance to make him face justice we will but our main priority is to prevent the man from being able to assist his Labyrinth. Adley I have had your car repaired while you where in Chicago, we will be taking that and mine."
Jeffry said as he begun to head towards the garage.
"We have it on good authority that in another timeline we lost seven of our own taking Wallace Jace down, so do not let your guard down, also he is currently at a hospital, if at all possible we are going to have to avoid collateral damage, we do not want to put sleepers in danger with our war if there is any way to avoid it."
He said then he glanced over at you.
"Did you get the letter sent to Mr Wainwright mea filius?"
Your Mentor asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 pm

"I can do that though sometimes Miss Brønnerud's traps are not localized to here their runes have been carved."
The Handler said.
"But I can see what I can do once the battle starts do you think she will be gone though? She is a Prelate after all."
Dalisse said, she was clearly afraid of the Fallen Hagalaz trap maker and she gave you and uneasy look.
Colin nodded darkly, "One way or another, she will be removed from the equation today... She might escape, or die fighting, or be captured. In comparison, my side have only two options - to win or die. That makes things a lot simpler for us... Besides, however subtle the wizard, a dagger between the shoulderblades will severely cramp their style. Or in Prelate Gabriel's case, two shotgun shells to the small of his back. No, I doubt she will escape... she might take a few people with her, but she won't be sticking around to trouble you after today."

"Well there is allot more to the ship you know, was uninhabited areas that are not drawn up on your map."
Dalisse said as she studied the map you had drawn.
"The vampires are ours though they are from a Clan of vampire infernalist who at times will ally themselves with the Nephandi."
The Handler said.
"If you encounter them awake they will not be kind to intruders to the ship.
He nodded, "Oh, I know there are large volumes of space I did not sense, and as such could not draw - but I think I did get most of the most important locations and passageways... As for the vampires, an Infernalist vampire clan sounds unusually disturbing... Er, even though they're people - pretty awful ones by the sound of it - I'm a bit hesitant to ask... would it be practically viable to have them eaten quietly to avoid, er, fighting?"

"I do not think it is your presence the Aswadim have an issue with."
Dalisse said and she was clearly worried.
He nodded, "No, I suppose his full attention, for good and ill, is given to Larson and her trickeries right now..."

You got a reply back.

"To: Mr Wainwright
Topic: Options
This is not good news, we are moving as quickly as we can. Is there any chance to disrupt LL's ritual, Master Sharaya might be able to get you out of there once such a task is completed, not that I want for you to put yourself in greater risk but if there is any chance that woman will gain control over the Oracle we can not allow it."
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan."
He sighed softly and looked up at Dalisse, "So... my Chief wants me to do what I can to disrupt Larson's ritual. Even if that means putting myself at greater risk, including the danger of not getting out afterwards... So, seeing as I am not all that keen on putting myself directly between a Prelate and an Aswadim, do you have any suggestions for ruining her day that might not be immediately recognized as our doing?"

((OOC: If Colin's identity is discovered and he is sentenced to Gilgul, he'll likely unnerve the Spirit Masters by pointing out that "Oh, that old thing again? It's uncomfortable, it doesn't work right, it's not safe, and the last time someone tried that, Mia fought back in an underhanded manner. I mean, don't you have apprentices or other dependents to worry about? I would so hate to have to be the bearer of bad news to them all, but if you go ahead with this, I'm afraid I'm going to have to... I mean, even Master Ir was a bit concerned for his safety when we first met, and you know what he did in this situation... So, for everyone's safety, why don't we just break for tea instead?" Wink Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:08 pm

Colin nodded darkly, "One way or another, she will be removed from the equation today... She might escape, or die fighting, or be captured. In comparison, my side have only two options - to win or die. That makes things a lot simpler for us... Besides, however subtle the wizard, a dagger between the shoulderblades will severely cramp their style. Or in Prelate Gabriel's case, two shotgun shells to the small of his back. No, I doubt she will escape... she might take a few people with her, but she won't be sticking around to trouble you after today."

"I see that is how Prelatus Gabriel died, well that would have been a quicker end than his victims where afforded."
The Handler said darkly.
"As for the trap maker...I hope you can take her down but she is both powerful and sly and there is nothing she would not do and no one she would not sacrifice to get her way so do not count on scruples holding her back."
She muttered nervously.

He nodded, "Oh, I know there are large volumes of space I did not sense, and as such could not draw - but I think I did get most of the most important locations and passageways...

"You got most of what is inhabited, there are organ rooms, empty hallways and what you would call engines further back but I control those parts, there are also thr weapons systems but I control those as well."
Dalisse commented.

As for the vampires, an Infernalist vampire clan sounds unusually disturbing... Er, even though they're people - pretty awful ones by the sound of it - I'm a bit hesitant to ask... would it be practically viable to have them eaten quietly to avoid, er, fighting?"

The Handler hesitated then she sigh.
"Forming a maw takes time but is possible and they will be pretty still for a long time unless forcefully roused once one of their kind sleeps during the day they sleep like the dead. The problem is I am not sure what their corrupted blood would do to my ship so I would not want to risk consuming them unless absolutely necessary and like I said forming a maw right where they are will take some time."
She said.
"But yes their kind is disturbing indeed, dedicated to nothing but decay and their own dark glorification. They do not go well with others of their kind, who tend to kill them on sight if they are discovered."

He nodded, "No, I suppose his full attention, for good and ill, is given to Larson and her trickeries right now..."

"Yes...for now at least that is likely to be the case...I can not keep him out Colin, he would rip my ship apart like rotten cloth if it got in his way."
The Handler said fearfully and regretfully.

He sighed softly and looked up at Dalisse, "So... my Chief wants me to do what I can to disrupt Larson's ritual. Even if that means putting myself at greater risk, including the danger of not getting out afterwards... So, seeing as I am not all that keen on putting myself directly between a Prelate and an Aswadim, do you have any suggestions for ruining her day that might not be immediately recognized as our doing?"

"Lisa Larson is younger than me by far but my magick is not offensive it would be hard for me to attack her directly and win...I can try to disrupt her concentration by having the ship start moving around but then she will know something is up and that will at best delay her ritual...I can try to cast magick to disrupt her I will get once chance, but then she will come for the both of us...and she can probably just start again."
Dalisse said and she wrung her webbed hands nervously.
"Lady Larson's punishments can be terrible..."
The Handler whimpered.

(OOC: An low and behold an epidemic of the flu ad broken out among Horizon's Spirit Master population, a very quick working flu, odd that. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:32 pm

"Yeah that would be fun Sir."
The young mage said.
"But I bet making such gadgets are quite a bit of work and you have to understand their Paradigm."

"Yeah. The most I can make are magick drawings." Serge said with a sly grin, remembering the trap he held within his sketchbook.

"That would be a pretty cool cosplay costume Sir, it would not be very practical though, spikes are as much a danger to you as your opponent really other than in some very few locations and a sword worn on the back is nearly impossible to draw without first taking it of, the only times someone in the past would wear a sword on their back would be to carry it for travel, and not to be battle ready."
The young Akashic commented.
"But as a costume it would be cool."

"It's all about how you look and how you make your opponent feel." Serge said with a chuckle knowing how well his anime-inspired heroic fantasies would work in the real world.

"It doesn't matter if my outfit isn't practical, if it'll make my opponents too scared to fight me and makes me feel like a badass. Besides, I don't plan on fighting anyone in cosplay anytime soon. You can't deny that it would impress people."

"I doubt the organizers of con events could deny you the Law of Shade might have a thing to two to say about it though and afterwards though you would get Paradox or trouble with the con as they would think you had messed with the electrical system of the building."
Yu Die said and she raised an eyebrow.
"It might be to much trouble to be worth it no matter how cool it might look."

Serge shrugged at all of the obvious problems with his plans. "So it needs a bit of work. Don't all great works of art? I bet I could convince the con to go along with my little plan and have them turn off their lights for me. And the whole magickal glowy thing can be chalked up to technology and the sleepers wouldn't even question it."

Tilting his head back, Serge thought for a moment and then said, "Say if Paradox didn't exist and you could be as flashy as you wanted. What kind of magickal enchantments would you put on your silent glamour movie star? Maybe everywhere you walked you would leave a mysterious path of smoke? Or or or maybe when you enter a room you literally stun everyone into silence?"

"Jay, what about this one then Sir?"
Cava said as she changed to the green ball gown with puff sleeves and held the doll up for your appraisal.

"Ohhh it's amazing. She looks so glamorous. The green kinda reminds me of nature." Serge said with a smile, glad that Cava was having so much fun.

"Well there is Lisa and Lulu and Victoria and Betty and Mary and Jesse and Vivienne and Elisabeth and Lina and Tessa and Lillianne and Muffy."
Cava said and she pointed at the envelopes where the names of the dolls that lived in them where clearly written.
"Would you like to see my paper dolls Sir?"

"Sure thing. They should be brought out so that they can see their new friend Princess Katie!" Serge said.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:34 am

"I see that is how Prelatus Gabriel died, well that would have been a quicker end than his victims where afforded."
The Handler said darkly.
"As for the trap maker...I hope you can take her down but she is both powerful and sly and there is nothing she would not do and no one she would not sacrifice to get her way so do not count on scruples holding her back."
She muttered nervously.
Colin nodded, "That is how he died... Enthusiastically fighting the enemy in front of him, and not noticing the one who had broken through his rearguard. I do not think he had the time to suffer much."
He frowned, "She sold her daughter off to be a vampire's child bride - no, if there is anything that might make her withdraw, it would be putting her own survival temporarily above the cause. From what I've heard of her, though, I don't think that will be the case... She is ready to become a martyr if necessary, and that makes her more dangerous, if predictable..."

"You got most of what is inhabited, there are organ rooms, empty hallways and what you would call engines further back but I control those parts, there are also thr weapons systems but I control those as well."
Dalisse commented.
He nodded, "Obviously, organ rooms and, er, engines and weapons would not be of immediate use for locating the Fallen... Hum... is there perhaps a way you could render those rooms inaccessible, by way of sealing the doors or filling those rooms with a noxious gas or something?"

The Handler hesitated then she sigh.
"Forming a maw takes time but is possible and they will be pretty still for a long time unless forcefully roused once one of their kind sleeps during the day they sleep like the dead. The problem is I am not sure what their corrupted blood would do to my ship so I would not want to risk consuming them unless absolutely necessary and like I said forming a maw right where they are will take some time."
She said.
"But yes their kind is disturbing indeed, dedicated to nothing but decay and their own dark glorification. They do not go well with others of their kind, who tend to kill them on sight if they are discovered."
He grimaced, "No, you would not want to have the ship eat them, then... Flinging them onto the sunny streets of Boston would probably be more expedient, but more blatantly obvious... Hum... I do know an address in Chicago where they could be... disposed of, where a word in the right ear could have them taken care of by their own... but again, that would require teleportation..."

"Yes...for now at least that is likely to be the case...I can not keep him out Colin, he would rip my ship apart like rotten cloth if it got in his way."
The Handler said fearfully and regretfully.
He nodded, then smiled wryly, "We do have a small advantage in dealing with him, though, should that become necessary: a common foe; neither we nor he are too fond of Larson right at this moment, which might at the very least allow him to ignore us so long as we don't make a move against him."

"Lisa Larson is younger than me by far but my magick is not offensive it would be hard for me to attack her directly and win...I can try to disrupt her concentration by having the ship start moving around but then she will know something is up and that will at best delay her ritual...I can try to cast magick to disrupt her I will get once chance, but then she will come for the both of us...and she can probably just start again."
Dalisse said and she wrung her webbed hands nervously.
"Lady Larson's punishments can be terrible..."
The Handler whimpered.
He nodded, then pondered, "Larson is highly dependent on the blood sample she has from the Aswadim's descendant. Disrupting the ritual by destroying the blood would likely be the end of it, with all the other things she has largely failed to acquire... Her punishments are vicious and unreasonably cruel, yes, but right now the world may stand or fall on one simple question... can she punish us from afar, or will she have to show up in person? I have a few ideas as to how to take care of the blood, but I have to be within line of sight to do so..."

((OOC: In fairness, Colin has already admitted some of the things that really terrify him - although that was to Adjan and not Adley - but yeah, I could see a sudden outbreak of "blue flu" on Horizon should he be facing that sentence. Razz Unrelated, boo, hiss, I am ONE XP from the second dot in Correspondence, which could have been pretty damn useful right now... Razz ))

Last edited by Warpmind on Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the OOC.)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:25 am

By the time you had typed out the reply to Colin Jeffry had returned, he handed you two clips for your weapon with the enchanted bullets the younger magi had be laboring over, with him he had Adjan, Deaconess O'Connor who you had no idea could fight then again she was a Master of the Art, Ravenblood and Duncan.
"We are going after Mr Jace and then if we are successful we join in on the main force attacking the Labyrinth."

He took the ammo, looked at them and then stowed it. He gave a nod to the others and then another to his pater. "Understood, sir."

"Taking Wallace Jace alive is not the priority, I have on me some of the anti magick serum in case the chance should present itself, for if we have the chance to make him face justice we will but our main priority is to prevent the man from being able to assist his Labyrinth. Adley I have had your car repaired while you where in Chicago, we will be taking that and mine."

He looked a bit surprised. He'd almost forgot he /had/ a car by this point and here it was going out on a mission. "Good, thank you." He fished his keys out and they made their way to the garage. "Who is with me?"

"We have it on good authority that in another timeline we lost seven of our own taking Wallace Jace down, so do not let your guard down, also he is currently at a hospital, if at all possible we are going to have to avoid collateral damage, we do not want to put sleepers in danger with our war if there is any way to avoid it." He said then he glanced over at you.

He frowned. Seven mages. Considering their current team number, that was not encouraging. "We're going to need to draw him out of the hospital then?" he asked. "Anything else that we can...use so we end up in better condition than that other timeline?"

"Did you get the letter sent to Mr Wainwright mea filius?"

"Yes," he nodded. "The message showed it sent, anyway." He offered the phone back.

// "Every one of the Spirit Masters called in sick?"
"Yes, single every one of them. And their students and their apprentices."
"What about--"
"Especially them...."

Last edited by s7trif3 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ooc)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:36 am

Serge:

"Yeah. The most I can make are magick drawings." Serge said with a sly grin, remembering the trap he held within his sketchbook.

"Well magick drawings are fun, what sort of spells do you cast with art Sir? If you do not mind me asking?"
Yu Die said and smiled.

"It's all about how you look and how you make your opponent feel." Serge said with a chuckle knowing how well his anime-inspired heroic fantasies would work in the real world.

"Well I guess that if your opponent do not know allot about swords or armor then such a costume could look intimidating."
The Akashic said sounding rather skeptical.
"But I think it is most useful as a costume."

"It doesn't matter if my outfit isn't practical, if it'll make my opponents too scared to fight me and makes me feel like a badass. Besides, I don't plan on fighting anyone in cosplay anytime soon. You can't deny that it would impress people."

"The thing is if someone know something about armor and sword fighting they would not be scared of such a armor they would know that you wearing it would be to their benefit as it would just be cumbersome to you so I thin that if someone is impressed it is being impressed over a well crafted costume."
Yu Die said carefully.

Serge shrugged at all of the obvious problems with his plans. "So it needs a bit of work. Don't all great works of art? I bet I could convince the con to go along with my little plan and have them turn off their lights for me. And the whole magickal glowy thing can be chalked up to technology and the sleepers wouldn't even question it."

"Well yes you could ask a con to make a bit of show around your costume if you can explain to them how you do the glowing part, so to impress con attendees that you can do."
The young Akashic said and she smiled a little.

Tilting his head back, Serge thought for a moment and then said, "Say if Paradox didn't exist and you could be as flashy as you wanted. What kind of magickal enchantments would you put on your silent glamour movie star? Maybe everywhere you walked you would leave a mysterious path of smoke? Or or or maybe when you enter a room you literally stun everyone into silence?"

"Hum...let me think for a moment Sir..."
Yu Die said then she smiled.
"I would like a soundtrack that played along with the scene going on an my feelings, that might irritate everyone around me but it would be so cool."
She said sounding amused.

"Ohhh it's amazing. She looks so glamorous. The green kinda reminds me of nature." Serge said with a smile, glad that Cava was having so much fun.

"Yeah...she is pretty and she can go to a ball and dace."
Cava said happily as she danced the paper doll around on the table.

"Sure thing. They should be brought out so that they can see their new friend Princess Katie!" Serge said.

The young mage opened the envelopes and she showed you her collection of paper dolls, some of them where teenage fashion dolls, one green skinned pixie doll, several babies and one anime chibi doll. The aper dolls where worn but clearly treated carefully but they had seen allot of play.
"These are my paper dolls Sir."
Cava said happily.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "That is how he died... Enthusiastically fighting the enemy in front of him, and not noticing the one who had broken through his rearguard. I do not think he had the time to suffer much."

"That is a good death, perhaps a better one that the Prelate deserved."
Dalisse said and frowned.

He frowned, "She sold her daughter off to be a vampire's child bride - no, if there is anything that might make her withdraw, it would be putting her own survival temporarily above the cause. From what I've heard of her, though, I don't think that will be the case... She is ready to become a martyr if necessary, and that makes her more dangerous, if predictable..."

She nodded darkly at that.
"She is very much dedicated yes and will not back down. The trap maker is dangerous in the extreme."
She said then she added.
"I heard your group saved her daughter though, that is good."

He nodded, "Obviously, organ rooms and, er, engines and weapons would not be of immediate use for locating the Fallen... Hum... is there perhaps a way you could render those rooms inaccessible, by way of sealing the doors or filling those rooms with a noxious gas or something?"

"I can vent the atmosphere and seal of the rooms."
Dalisse said.
"But why would you want me to do this?"
She asked seaming a bit confused.

He grimaced, "No, you would not want to have the ship eat them, then... Flinging them onto the sunny streets of Boston would probably be more expedient, but more blatantly obvious... Hum... I do know an address in Chicago where they could be... disposed of, where a word in the right ear could have them taken care of by their own... but again, that would require teleportation..."

"With the danger of sounding like I brag of my own abilities Colin I am a decent teleporter, but off course just sending them to a random street will be dangerous both the danger of Paradox and that they will live for a little while and harm mundanes in their terror...if they can be given to their own to deal with I can transport them."
The Handler agreed.
"But again that could make the members of the Labyrinth notice that I am doing something."

He nodded, then smiled wryly, "We do have a small advantage in dealing with him, though, should that become necessary: a common foe; neither we nor he are too fond of Larson right at this moment, which might at the very least allow him to ignore us so long as we don't make a move against him."

"Hum...most Aswadim do not act like with other Oracles they generally stand on the sidelines and watch, that this god have not just blown my ship and the threat on board away indicate that even now he limit how involved he is getting, that might be to our benefit for now."
Dalisse said but she still looked very concerned.

He nodded, then pondered, "Larson is highly dependent on the blood sample she has from the Aswadim's descendant. Disrupting the ritual by destroying the blood would likely be the end of it, with all the other things she has largely failed to acquire...

"If it is the ritual to bind the Aswadim she is currently working on, and if she have the decendant's blood in one place."
The Handler said.
"Destroying it though would get her attention."
She said fearfully.
"What where the other things she needed for the ritual?"

Her punishments are vicious and unreasonably cruel, yes, but right now the world may stand or fall on one simple question... can she punish us from afar, or will she have to show up in person? I have a few ideas as to how to take care of the blood, but I have to be within line of sight to do so..."

"She can indeed punish us from afar but she is likely to show up in person, at least me she will not kill, not until she find someone else that can control the ship."
Dalisse said.
"But there would be pain...allot of pain."
She whispered and looked down looking terrified.

Adley:

He took the ammo, looked at them and then stowed it. He gave a nod to the others and then another to his pater. "Understood, sir."

The others nodded at you as well they looked concerned and focused on the task ahead.

He looked a bit surprised. He'd almost forgot he /had/ a car by this point and here it was going out on a mission. "Good, thank you." He fished his keys out and they made their way to the garage. "Who is with me?"

You got own to the garage, you saw that the bullet hole in your car was just gone, it was as if the metal had just melted together and mended to damage perfectly, the car also looked newer it looked perfectly maintained, clearly there had been a bit of magick involved into the repairs.
"Hum..if you take the Deaconess and Mr Acherman and the rest can ride with me."
Your mentor said as he went over to his own car to unlock it.

He frowned. Seven mages. Considering their current team number, that was not encouraging. "We're going to need to draw him out of the hospital then?" he asked. "Anything else that we can...use so we end up in better condition than that other timeline?"

"Our best weapon is that we are not meeting this man in his Labyrinth and we can attack him when he do not expect us, but yes we need to get him out of the hospital if at all possible. I am willing to accept the Paradox cost of...ehm letting loose but not when sleepers will get harmed as well."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"I am not going to claim that this mission is not be dangerous though, we may not all return..."
He said softly.
"But taking this man down is something that have to be done."

"Yes," he nodded. "The message showed it sent, anyway." He offered the phone back.

"Thank you mea filius, I know that one day I have to learn how to operate the infernal devices."
Jeffry said as he put his phone away, his expression though said that he really, really did not want to.
"Let us get going."

(OOC: Perhaps it is time to start vaccinating the Spirit Masters on Horizon since they all will be getting the flu Razz I can imagine the Council getting rather frustrated though and exclaiming: Is there no one who want to Gilgul this man, how hard can it be. Razz At least we are not playing with the new rules from Book of Secrets for then they would need to get Masters from all sort of other Spheres as well and we would end up with all the Masters of Horizon calling in sick. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:59 am

"That is a good death, perhaps a better one that the Prelate deserved."
Dalisse said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Perhaps it is... but then, there was no time to ensure he received all he deserved..."

She nodded darkly at that.
"She is very much dedicated yes and will not back down. The trap maker is dangerous in the extreme."
She said then she added.
"I heard your group saved her daughter though, that is good."
He smiled wryly, "The girl got the best parts of her mother; you can tell by how much good is left in the trapmaker..."

"I can vent the atmosphere and seal of the rooms."
Dalisse said.
"But why would you want me to do this?"
She asked seaming a bit confused.
He pondered, "Protection for the ship, for starters. And to prevent anyone from hiding in one of those room for an ambush. If nobody can get to the vital points of the ship, you're all the more assured you can make a clean getaway afterwards, without any damage to crucial parts. Might want to wait until the assault hits, to keep up the pretense of merely defending yourself."

"With the danger of sounding like I brag of my own abilities Colin I am a decent teleporter, but off course just sending them to a random street will be dangerous both the danger of Paradox and that they will live for a little while and harm mundanes in their terror...if they can be given to their own to deal with I can transport them."
The Handler agreed.
"But again that could make the members of the Labyrinth notice that I am doing something."
He nodded, "I had no doubt in your capabilities in that regard; it was the detection part that was the concern. Hum, perhaps after hostilities commence... Now, the question is, do you think you can deliver these vampires efficiently to, say, apartment 15-28 in the new apartment building on Block 37, near Daley Plaza in Chicago? From there, we can let Prince Lodin deal with the matter..."

"Hum...most Aswadim do not act like with other Oracles they generally stand on the sidelines and watch, that this god have not just blown my ship and the threat on board away indicate that even now he limit how involved he is getting, that might be to our benefit for now."
Dalisse said but she still looked very concerned.
He nodded, "Every second we're not obliterated is a victory..."

"If it is the ritual to bind the Aswadim she is currently working on, and if she have the decendant's blood in one place."
The Handler said.
"Destroying it though would get her attention."
She said fearfully.
"What where the other things she needed for the ritual?"
He nodded, "I think that is precisely what she is doing - she was certainly doing something with a measure of blood. And while destroying it would get her attention, it would also put her at a sudden and immense disadvantage against the Aswadim she has been trying to take control of... As for the other things, I am aware of her trying to get her hands on her daughter - which has not been successful, despite quite vigorous attempts - and a chronomancer, the purpose for which I am uncertain of."

"She can indeed punish us from afar but she is likely to show up in person, at least me she will not kill, not until she find someone else that can control the ship."
Dalisse said.
"But there would be pain...allot of pain."
She whispered and looked down looking terrified.
He nodded, "So we avoid drawing her ire if possible... though, we do have some sand. A bullet shield would be inefficient against a few grains of sand, and those should distract and disorient her at least long enough to cut her down to size..."

((OOC: "Is there no one willing to perform this soulrending? No one at all?" "We are no more afraid to try than you are, oh most beloved Primus... if you lead by example, we will follow." Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:31 pm

Colin nodded, "Perhaps it is... but then, there was no time to ensure he received all he deserved..."

"You are right off course Colin and also it is probably bestto show one's enemies more kindness than they show you."
Dalisse said and sigh.

He smiled wryly, "The girl got the best parts of her mother; you can tell by how much good is left in the trapmaker..."

"I am glad to hear it, and I hope the young girl will get to live a long and happy life."

He pondered, "Protection for the ship, for starters. And to prevent anyone from hiding in one of those room for an ambush. If nobody can get to the vital points of the ship, you're all the more assured you can make a clean getaway afterwards, without any damage to crucial parts. Might want to wait until the assault hits, to keep up the pretense of merely defending yourself."

The Handler looked at you for a moment then she nodded in agreement.
"Very well that makes allot of sense actually, I will do as you ask when the attack starts."

He nodded, "I had no doubt in your capabilities in that regard; it was the detection part that was the concern. Hum, perhaps after hostilities commence... Now, the question is, do you think you can deliver these vampires efficiently to, say, apartment 15-28 in the new apartment building on Block 37, near Daley Plaza in Chicago? From there, we can let Prince Lodin deal with the matter..."

"Hum...yes I can deliver the vampires to such a spesific location but I will need it described or to see a map, something for me to form a connection to that part of space."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"I can wait until the attack starts but there is a limit to just how many things I can do at once when the fighting starts."

He nodded, "Every second we're not obliterated is a victory..."

"Very true that."
She relied wryly.

He nodded, "I think that is precisely what she is doing - she was certainly doing something with a measure of blood. And while destroying it would get her attention, it would also put her at a sudden and immense disadvantage against the Aswadim she has been trying to take control of...

"Well Lady Larson do use blood for allot of her rituals and it seams strange to me that she would try to work this very difficult task alone without much of the needed materials instead of waiting until she can get her followers to assist her."
Dalisse said and she seamed rather doubtful.

As for the other things, I am aware of her trying to get her hands on her daughter - which has not been successful, despite quite vigorous attempts - and a chronomancer, the purpose for which I am uncertain of."

"Hum...Miss Hannah I am glad she got away, as for a chronomancer though I know one of the prisoners from the Union where mentioned to be good at manipulating time. I think she mean to sacrifice such a mage for her ritual, but the exact purpose of that I do not know."

He nodded, "So we avoid drawing her ire if possible... though, we do have some sand. A bullet shield would be inefficient against a few grains of sand, and those should distract and disorient her at least long enough to cut her down to size..."

"I do believe that moving against her and destroying her spell components will draw Lady Larson's ire no matter how we do it."
Dalisse said and she sigh.
"How certain are you that the sand will actually work against a Fallen mage?"
The Handler asked, she looked worried it was clear that the situation where making her very uncomfortable.

(OOC: And then the venerable Seat of Forces decided that was just the right time to examine the duel forms of other Traditions so that his Avatar was conveniently busy with a Core War at that moment, such a shame. Also lol here Nicolai have a nest of Bali, we would send flowers but we decided you would like these better. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:06 pm

"You are right off course Colin and also it is probably bestto show one's enemies more kindness than they show you."
Dalisse said and sigh.
Colin nodded, "Very much so."

"I am glad to hear it, and I hope the young girl will get to live a long and happy life."
He grimaced, "Well, her life might be long, but I doubt she will escape at the very least frustration... Still, I expect her life will largely be what she makes of it, red tape or no..."

The Handler looked at you for a moment then she nodded in agreement.
"Very well that makes allot of sense actually, I will do as you ask when the attack starts."
He nodded, "It's a suggestion... but a sound tactical one."

"Hum...yes I can deliver the vampires to such a spesific location but I will need it described or to see a map, something for me to form a connection to that part of space."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"I can wait until the attack starts but there is a limit to just how many things I can do at once when the fighting starts."
He nodded, opening the map app on his phone, locating the pertinent area of Chicago, "If you like, you may scan my surface memories of the place... I'll concentrate on them. And, here is the map of the area in question. And of course, I would not assume you do everything at once; some things have an obviously higher priority than the rest - the vampires, unless awakened, can surely wait until later."

"Well Lady Larson do use blood for allot of her rituals and it seams strange to me that she would try to work this very difficult task alone without much of the needed materials instead of waiting until she can get her followers to assist her."
Dalisse said and she seamed rather doubtful.
He frowned, "This is a valid point... though, with time being suddenly being at a premium, and considering how likely she is to wish to share in the power over an Aswadim, it remains a possibility... Hum, best keep an eye on things to ascertain whether it is the blood sample in question she is handling. We would really not want to tip our hand and risk annoying both of them..."

"Hum...Miss Hannah I am glad she got away, as for a chronomancer though I know one of the prisoners from the Union where mentioned to be good at manipulating time. I think she mean to sacrifice such a mage for her ritual, but the exact purpose of that I do not know."
He nodded, "I think young Hannah can find a bright future with us - especially once her, hm, maternal influence is dealt with."
He frowned, "She got a Technocrat for it... Bugger. That one's going to be difficult to smuggle out in time, too..."

"I do believe that moving against her and destroying her spell components will draw Lady Larson's ire no matter how we do it."
Dalisse said and she sigh.
"How certain are you that the sand will actually work against a Fallen mage?"
The Handler asked, she looked worried it was clear that the situation where making her very uncomfortable.
He shrugged, "Well, true, it will aggravate her, but we might stand a better chance if we could conceal our identities and location from identification. Hmmm, my scrambler might serve in such a regard, if I could only reach out beyond my personal line of sight..."
He pondered, "Very sure... One will try to abduct my apprentice in the future, only to be very physically stopped by tactile contact with a bit of sand."

((OOC: "That's quite alright, Oh Seat of Forces. I'm quite content to wait. In fact, I've been curious about these Core Wars for some time, and seeing as the need for anonymity is now void as far as I am concerned, I think I shall join you." Wink ))
((OOC2: Well, where better to plant the evidence of Nicolai's troublesome alliances for Prince Lodin to see? Divide and conquer! Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Colin nodded, "Very much so."

The Handler smiles a little at that and nodded.

He grimaced, "Well, her life might be long, but I doubt she will escape at the very least frustration... Still, I expect her life will largely be what she makes of it, red tape or no..."

"Few have perfect lives Colin there are always trials and frustrations that will be a part of any life, hers as much as anyone else, but yes I wish the child well."
The Handler said softly.

He nodded, "It's a suggestion... but a sound tactical one."

She just nodded at that.
"Very well."

He nodded, opening the map app on his phone, locating the pertinent area of Chicago, "If you like, you may scan my surface memories of the place... I'll concentrate on them. And, here is the map of the area in question. And of course, I would not assume you do everything at once; some things have an obviously higher priority than the rest - the vampires, unless awakened, can surely wait until later."

Dalisse studied the map then she glanced at you.
"That would be helpful Colin...if you make yourself ready to focus on the location then."
She said as she leaned back and closed her eyes then she added.
"I do not know if the vampires will be able to wake up for the fight, not during the day, though there are ways to awaken them, ways to disturb their inner clock as it where I will get them moved as soon as possible after the fighting starts."

He frowned, "This is a valid point... though, with time being suddenly being at a premium, and considering how likely she is to wish to share in the power over an Aswadim, it remains a possibility... Hum, best keep an eye on things to ascertain whether it is the blood sample in question she is handling. We would really not want to tip our hand and risk annoying both of them..."

"It is a possibility but I doubt if even the Lady herself will be able to cast the ritual she is planning on her own unaided and without all the proper pieces in play"
Dalisse said and sigh then she nodded.
"But we have to be mindful of the possibility of course."

He nodded, "I think young Hannah can find a bright future with us - especially once her, hm, maternal influence is dealt with."

"I hope you are right Colin the poor child was so devastated when she lost her lover a few years ago, she deserves a chance of happiness away from the influences of the Malfeans."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He frowned, "She got a Technocrat for it... Bugger. That one's going to be difficult to smuggle out in time, too..."

"Indeed and she got that prisoner in the most secure cell I will not be able to teleport anyone out of there."
The Handler said regretfully.

He shrugged, "Well, true, it will aggravate her, but we might stand a better chance if we could conceal our identities and location from identification. Hmmm, my scrambler might serve in such a regard, if I could only reach out beyond my personal line of sight..."

"So you are suggesting that we should attack Lady Larson from afar using magick and then conceal this from her with your scrambler rote...that might work but it is still fairly dangerous."
She said fearfully then she sigh again.
"Ok...what do you need me to do Colin, if you say this thing needs to be done then I will trust you."
The old Nephanda said and she added a slight smile.

He pondered, "Very sure... One will try to abduct my apprentice in the future, only to be very physically stopped by tactile contact with a bit of sand."

She nodded at that determination showing on her face.
"Ok then...how do we do this thing?"
She asked, not seaming to bothered by your memories from the future.

(OOC: That would not make for a happy Tytalus and Mia might find running around in a computer program kicking ass to be fun. Razz)
(OOC 2: Say it with Bali! Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:41 pm

"Well magick drawings are fun, what sort of spells do you cast with art Sir? If you do not mind me asking?"
Yu Die said and smiled.

Serge thought for a moment before saying, "Oh you know. A bunch of stuff really. Mostly I affect people by the way I depict them in the drawing. Drawing them with a smile on their face would shift their mood to a more positive one and things of that nature. If I wanted to I could make another person see what I was drawing in their mind. I could also draw what a person is thinking and show it to them if I wanted too. Although I prefer just staring at them if I wanted to read their mind."

Serge decided to not mention his....less savory art magick such as crafting nightmare illusion or affecting people's subconscious desires. Knowing how Mind Magick seemed to trouble the young women he didn't want to worry her.

"How about you? Do you know any fun martial art spells?" Serge asked.

"The thing is if someone know something about armor and sword fighting they would not be scared of such a armor they would know that you wearing it would be to their benefit as it would just be cumbersome to you so I thin that if someone is impressed it is being impressed over a well crafted costume."
Yu Die said carefully.

"If someone knew about armor and sword fighting than they'd wonder why a crazy lunatic in badly made armor was fighting them. That might get them to worry that I know something they don't." Serge said with a laugh.

"But yeah they'd probably win. But I'd look cool while losing." Serge joked.

"Hum...let me think for a moment Sir..."
Yu Die said then she smiled.
"I would like a soundtrack that played along with the scene going on an my feelings, that might irritate everyone around me but it would be so cool."
She said sounding amused.

"Hey now that's a pretty good idea. A little background music always enhances the scene." Serge agreed.

"You could also seem really threatening if you could control the music. Like your having a normal conversation with a person and than he says something to piss you off. BOOM, threatening music plays in the background as you stare angrily at them." Serge suggested with a grin.

The young mage opened the envelopes and she showed you her collection of paper dolls, some of them where teenage fashion dolls, one green skinned pixie doll, several babies and one anime chibi doll. The aper dolls where worn but clearly treated carefully but they had seen allot of play.
"These are my paper dolls Sir."
Cava said happily.

"Wow, you have so many of them!" Serge said making sure to show interest in the young girl's toys.

"Do you play with all of them?" he asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next