Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

5 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 Empty The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:58 am

(OOC: Serge is on the roof of Steelhaven with Anna and Yu Die. Adley is rescuing a lich in Seattle, Nicole is in the marshes trying to get Wallace Jace's samples without triffering any traps and Colin is at Westchapel watching over Freddy after her surgery. Happy gaming all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:37 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"That is correct Mr Wainwright."
Dr Hadermann said politely.
Freddy looked at you with wide eyes.
"There was a sickness made from me? What sort of sickness?"
Colin frowned, "It's... a virus; dreadfully clever - it caused a violent implant rejection... and the bastard who spread it had no qualms about giving it to children with cochlea implants, as well as Technocrat cyborgs. I'm afraid some people have died... but there's a decent chance, at least, that almost everyone still alive will survive."
He smiled, "Also, your Grandmentor called; he wondered if there's anything he can do... I'm letting he know you've woken up."

Anja wrote:"I...if you are sure love...I do not want to scare her...we should not tell her what sort of surgery I have had then."
Freddy finally agreed, you could see that she was very tired now after the short conversation and as the medicine reduced her pain she was falling back asleep.
He nodded, smiling wryly, "I agree... No need to spook her any more than necessary, but I am sure; she was quite adamant, according to Dr. Acevedo. Poor man, he was confused about an adult woman smelling just like Anna..."

As Freddy drifted back off to sleep, he fished out his phone and texted her grandmentor, 'She just woke up briefly; she's doing quite well, under the circumstances, though she's missing some nine days. Didn't mention Mr. Willis.'

((OOC: Woohoo, XP!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43 Empty Re: The Laboratory, A Lost Lich and a Tragic Tale IC Thread 43

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:20 am

[Westchapel]

Colin frowned, "It's... a virus; dreadfully clever - it caused a violent implant rejection... and the bastard who spread it had no qualms about giving it to children with cochlea implants, as well as Technocrat cyborgs. I'm afraid some people have died... but there's a decent chance, at least, that almost everyone still alive will survive."

Freddy started looking rather sad.
"And all of this due to my bio matter...so it is partly my fault...how many died love? How many children?"
The Virtual Adept whispered tears welling up in her eyes.

He smiled, "Also, your Grandmentor called; he wondered if there's anything he can do... I'm letting he know you've woken up."

"Mater Oreone?...That is nice."
Freddy muttered weakly still looking rather sad.

He nodded, smiling wryly, "I agree... No need to spook her any more than necessary, but I am sure; she was quite adamant, according to Dr. Acevedo. Poor man, he was confused about an adult woman smelling just like Anna..."

"It seams that Anna will...confuse people...as much as her dad do...one day."
The young Technomancer muttered.
"But yes we just tell her it was an...operation and not which kind..."

As Freddy drifted back off to sleep, he fished out his phone and texted her grandmentor, 'She just woke up briefly; she's doing quite well, under the circumstances, though she's missing some nine days. Didn't mention Mr. Willis.'

As you wrote your text you saw Dr Hadermann check on Freddy's vitals.
"That she woke up and where able to speak coherently is a good sign. A few days memory loss was expected. You also have to expect her going in and out of conciousness for a few days, she have been through allot and she need the rest."
He said as he worked.

You got a reply from Oreone.
"Thank you for letting me know. I am at Morningstar now. An expert have arrived and is working on Joe now. Please continue to take good care of her Mr Wainwright."

Another text ticked in, it was from and unknown sender. If you open it then it says.
"First let me say that you are an ugly asshole and your mother is a fat cow. However despite this you where there for Freddy and helped her pull thorugh, so thank you...wanker.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:41 am

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:Freddy started looking rather sad.
"And all of this due to my bio matter...so it is partly my fault...how many died love? How many children?"
The Virtual Adept whispered tears welling up in her eyes.
Colin shook his head, "It was never your fault. The base was stolen from you; never think it was your fault. The ones at fault are the Union people who dug bits of your brain out in the first place, and Eric Dahl and Wallace Jace, who commissioned and created the plague, respectively... both of whom are dead, though Jace is not quite dead enough... I don't know how many died, nor how many children were afflicted. I believe one child with a cochlea implant died, and one of Anna's friends with a pacemaker got very sick, but Master Nassa managed to save her... it was not easy for him, but he did it. I'm probably going to owe him dearly for that one..."

Anja wrote:"Mater Oreone?...That is nice."
Freddy muttered weakly still looking rather sad.
He nodded, "He seemed a pleasant enough fellow."

Anja wrote:"It seams that Anna will...confuse people...as much as her dad do...one day."
The young Technomancer muttered.
"But yes we just tell her it was an...operation and not which kind..."
He chuckled, "She'll be a great Mage, and a great teacher, to boot..."

Anja wrote:As you wrote your text you saw Dr Hadermann check on Freddy's vitals.
"That she woke up and where able to speak coherently is a good sign. A few days memory loss was expected. You also have to expect her going in and out of conciousness for a few days, she have been through allot and she need the rest."
He said as he worked.
He nodded, "How soon do you think we can bring her home? I expect I'll likely be driving her car back..."

Anja wrote:You got a reply from Oreone.
"Thank you for letting me know. I am at Morningstar now. An expert have arrived and is working on Joe now. Please continue to take good care of her Mr Wainwright."
He smiled and typed back, 'But of course. Let me know how Mr. Willis fares.'

Anja wrote:Another text ticked in, it was from and unknown sender. If you open it then it says.
"First let me say that you are an ugly asshole and your mother is a fat cow. However despite this you where there for Freddy and helped her pull thorugh, so thank you...wanker.
He arched an eyebrow at the rather unexpected vitriol, then looked at Freddy, and started laughing, "You're welcome, you insufferable eight-bit excuse for a misanthropic gremlin. Also, kindly leave my mother out of it; she has nothing to do with this."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:25 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin shook his head, "It was never your fault. The base was stolen from you; never think it was your fault. The ones at fault are the Union people who dug bits of your brain out in the first place, and Eric Dahl and Wallace Jace, who commissioned and created the plague, respectively... both of whom are dead, though Jace is not quite dead enough... I don't know how many died, nor how many children were afflicted. I believe one child with a cochlea implant died, and one of Anna's friends with a pacemaker got very sick, but Master Nassa managed to save her... it was not easy for him, but he did it. I'm probably going to owe him dearly for that one..."

"I guess...wait Wallace Jace is back? How?"
Freddy asked she looked confused and groaned in pain again and she also still looked rather sad not convinced she was not somehow to blame.
"I am glad Anna's friend is better but the others...that is horrible. And yes you might owe Master Nossa a favor but it was worth it."
She muttered and looked away.

He nodded, "He seemed a pleasant enough fellow."

"He is...he is a good man though he...was one of those who left the Union...none of those had it easy and he have scars, scars you can not see."

He chuckled, "She'll be a great Mage, and a great teacher, to boot..."

"A teacher? You think she will become a teacher one day Colin? Yeah...I can see that."
The young Virtual Adept muttered.

He nodded, "How soon do you think we can bring her home? I expect I'll likely be driving her car back..."

"Well her vitals are steady but still weak. You can move her once I have the correct dose for her pain management regimens and have called Dr Lee to make sure they are ready for her. You will have to cover her eyes though I do not think the blinking lights and all the impressions from driving through the city will be good for her."
Dr Hadermann said.
"But as she have been healed and what is wrong with her are mostly exhaustion, shock and the soreness of freshly healed tissue, it is not dangerous to move her. But do remember that she do need her rest."

He smiled and typed back, 'But of course. Let me know how Mr. Willis fares.'

You got a reply back which said.
"I will do so Mr Wainwright, please let me know of any changes with Freddy."

He arched an eyebrow at the rather unexpected vitriol, then looked at Freddy, and started laughing, "You're welcome, you insufferable eight-bit excuse for a misanthropic gremlin. Also, kindly leave my mother out of it; she has nothing to do with this."

Dr Hadermann looked up and he looked at you with his stiff, emotionless expression.
"I am quite confused Mr Wainwright, do you feel the need to sit down?"
He asked. You did not get any more strange texts though the Avatar had said what he wanted to say.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:46 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"I guess...wait Wallace Jace is back? How?"
Freddy asked she looked confused and groaned in pain again and she also still looked rather sad not convinced she was not somehow to blame.
"I am glad Anna's friend is better but the others...that is horrible. And yes you might owe Master Nossa a favor but it was worth it."
She muttered and looked away.
Colin nodded, "He's back as a ghost, making our day miserable once more... We should have figured the bastard had one more contingency. And I don't know how many were hit with the primary infection, or subsequent infections, but I hope we're looking at low triple-digits globally, at the most. If we're really lucky, double-digits. And I mean infections, not fatalities. We reacted quite swiftly..."

Anja wrote:"He is...he is a good man though he...was one of those who left the Union...none of those had it easy and he have scars, scars you can not see."
He nodded, "He did sound as though he's lost more people than anyone should..."

Anja wrote:"A teacher? You think she will become a teacher one day Colin? Yeah...I can see that."
The young Virtual Adept muttered.
He grinned, "Not only that, a teacher at Mus, when we take it back - I'm sure that'll be a cheerful irritation for a number of more... conservative Hermetics, having an Orphan be a better Defense against Dark Arts teacher than they themselves can provide..."

Anja wrote:"Well her vitals are steady but still weak. You can move her once I have the correct dose for her pain management regimens and have called Dr Lee to make sure they are ready for her. You will have to cover her eyes though I do not think the blinking lights and all the impressions from driving through the city will be good for her."
Dr Hadermann said.
"But as she have been healed and what is wrong with her are mostly exhaustion, shock and the soreness of freshly healed tissue, it is not dangerous to move her. But do remember that she do need her rest."
He nodded, "Dimming light around her head... I should be able to do so without too much difficulty; better than a pair of sunglasses, at any rate."

Anja wrote:Dr Hadermann looked up and he looked at you with his stiff, emotionless expression.
"I am quite confused Mr Wainwright, do you feel the need to sit down?"
He asked. You did not get any more strange texts though the Avatar had said what he wanted to say.
He chuckled, "Oh, it's quite alright, I do believe Freddy's Avatar just thanked me... and he's a vitriolic little troll, so he's unable to be polite about it."
He shook his head and pocketed the phone, sitting down and taking Freddy's hand again, gently rubbing his thumb across her knuckles, "But, I will be fine waiting with her until she comes around again... though if you could ask someone to come by with another cup of tea, I would appreciate it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:13 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin nodded, "He's back as a ghost, making our day miserable once more... We should have figured the bastard had one more contingency. And I don't know how many were hit with the primary infection, or subsequent infections, but I hope we're looking at low triple-digits globally, at the most. If we're really lucky, double-digits. And I mean infections, not fatalities. We reacted quite swiftly..."

"He is a bastard...time to call in the ghostbusters...I assume a plan is in motion to...take him out for good?"
Freddy asked, she nodded at what you said about the illness, still looking sad.

He nodded, "He did sound as though he's lost more people than anyone should..."

"Yeah I hear that he had two apprentices when he left the Union with the other Adepts, both where killed...and then later he lost my Mentor...maybe others as well. Eight hundred Virtual Adepts left the Technocracy but only two hundred was left to join the Traditions."
The Technomancer whispered sadly.

He grinned, "Not only that, a teacher at Mus, when we take it back - I'm sure that'll be a cheerful irritation for a number of more... conservative Hermetics, having an Orphan be a better Defense against Dark Arts teacher than they themselves can provide..."

"Defense against the...oh...she will be teaching countermagick...yes actually she would do really great with that, she is very talented and yes chances are the Hermetics at least the more conservative ones will be unhappy."
Freddy muttered with a slight smile.

He nodded, "Dimming light around her head... I should be able to do so without too much difficulty; better than a pair of sunglasses, at any rate."

"Very well then you can bring her home once I have made sure her medication is correct."
Dr Hadermann commented.

He chuckled, "Oh, it's quite alright, I do believe Freddy's Avatar just thanked me... and he's a vitriolic little troll, so he's unable to be polite about it."

"Oh...I see, that must be most problematic to live with."
The old Etherite said and he raised an eyebrow.

He shook his head and pocketed the phone, sitting down and taking Freddy's hand again, gently rubbing his thumb across her knuckles, "But, I will be fine waiting with her until she comes around again... though if you could ask someone to come by with another cup of tea, I would appreciate it."

"I will do so Mr Wainwright and I will be back to check on Miss Adlebloom, please let me know when she wakes up again."
Dr Hadermann said before he waited to see if you had anything else to say before he moved towards the door.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:26 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"He is a bastard...time to call in the ghostbusters...I assume a plan is in motion to...take him out for good?"
Freddy asked, she nodded at what you said about the illness, still looking sad.
Colin smiled thinly, "Let's just say Lady Crexia was the first person I called for when I found out. We've also had... a bit of proxy contact with Andreas Giovanni the Elder. We might be well on course to deal with him once we find him, yes."

Anja wrote:"Oh...I see, that must be most problematic to live with."
The old Etherite said and he raised an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "She's made a few remarks on it, but at least he's irritating her enough to push her to be better... I suspect he'll calm down a bit in due time, though, when she no longer needs that particular kind of push."

Anja wrote:"I will do so Mr Wainwright and I will be back to check on Miss Adlebloom, please let me know when she wakes up again."
Dr Hadermann said before he waited to see if you had anything else to say before he moved towards the door.
He nodded, "Of course, Doctor."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:26 pm

[Westchapel]

Colin smiled thinly, "Let's just say Lady Crexia was the first person I called for when I found out. We've also had... a bit of proxy contact with Andreas Giovanni the Elder. We might be well on course to deal with him once we find him, yes."

"Lady Crexia is a very powerful Necromancer she will be able to deal with the asshole, and deal with him good."
Freddy muttered.
"Who is Andreas Giovanni?"
She asked weakly.

He shrugged, "She's made a few remarks on it, but at least he's irritating her enough to push her to be better... I suspect he'll calm down a bit in due time, though, when she no longer needs that particular kind of push."

"Our Geniuses have their ways, even so such a rude Genius must by a bit of an irritation."
Dr Hadermann commented.

He nodded, "Of course, Doctor."

Dr Hadermann nodded at that and then he left the room leaving you with Freddy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:12 pm

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Okay. Stay on the line...' Nicole replied, getting the vial from the webbing and heading back to the group. After handing the Tass over, she asked; 'Just to make sure, it's safe to go in now, right?'

[Though it does help improve your English if us 'natives' gently point out the errors. Bet we've used some words before which made you have to look them up...]

[Had another fun day at dentist. Stupid thing; at end of session he said he was 'about fifteen minutes' away from completion. But instead, he chose to have *another* hour-long appointment. Even when I'd pointed out at the start that I had the time and was able to continue 'toughing it out'. *rolls eyes*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:55 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"The Hermetics would probably like that character then again I am not going to tell anyone other than those I completely trust the name my dad think I had before Gabriel took me to the Labyrinth...just in case the whole name stuff is right."
Anna said.
"I have been given an English name...to make me as my foster parent said...sound less exotic, but I do not like it so I took the name my Chinese birth parents gave me."
Yu Die said.
"It is a nice name."
Anna commented.

"Your name is the one you decide is your name. And Yu Die is a cool name." he said with a smile. "I don't really know the details about my name. Think my parent just wanted something simple. But I like it. My last name ensure that I'm always near the end in alphabetical lists."

Anja wrote:"I will be fine in a little while."
Anna said as she leaned back and looked up at the sky.
"And it is nice out here."
She commented.
"If you are sure."
Yu Die replied sounding concerned then something caught her eye and she pointed down at the street level.
"Who is that down there Sir?"
She asked.

Serge glanced down at where Yu Die was pointing, curious as to what she had seen. He hoped it was just some strange guest to the chantry but was wary in case it was something else.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:41 pm

[Cabin]

Okay. Stay on the line...' Nicole replied, getting the vial from the webbing and heading back to the group. After handing the Tass over, she asked; 'Just to make sure, it's safe to go in now, right?'

"I will stay on the line."
Jon replied. Antonio nodded as he accepted the Tass.
"It is safe to go in but do not touch the fridge yet."
He commented as he took up writing quickly in his book again.

[Ward Making]

"Your name is the one you decide is your name. And Yu Die is a cool name." he said with a smile. "I don't really know the details about my name. Think my parent just wanted something simple. But I like it. My last name ensure that I'm always near the end in alphabetical lists."

"Well Serge Yager is a pretty uncommon, it is a name one remember."
Yu Die said.
"And being at the last of the list have it's disadvantages, it means you will have to wait for a while quite often."
The young Akashic pointed out.

Serge glanced down at where Yu Die was pointing, curious as to what she had seen. He hoped it was just some strange guest to the chantry but was wary in case it was something else.

Down on the street, petting White Satan, was the princess, now again looking beautiful like a beauty from a fantasy story and she looked looked up at you and smiled hungrily as she continued petting the cat.

(OOC: No it do not help, what pointing such thing out constantly do is making me self conscious, it is such pointing out that drive those with dyslexia or who are not native speaker of a given language being used out of forums and groups using the written format, it is such pointing out which have made me mostly stop posting to Fanfiction.net, and trust me if one have dyslexia one get allot of it, such pointing out is not helpful it is irritating it takes the fun out of things. I am not running this game as an English lesson, if I had a desire to improve my English skill I would go and take a class, I am here to roleplay. If there is something I write that you do not understand then you are off course welcome to ask for clarification, or when a spelling error completely change the meaning of a sentence, but as long as you understand my words that let it be.)

(OOC 2: I am sorry you had a negative experience at the dentist.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:03 pm

[Seattle]

"Very well Sodalis that is fair but I really do want to go home." The lich said rocking back and forth and scratching his arms due to stress.

"I know, and I would too. You have been remarkably patient, sir."

"Yes certainly so."
Cita replied.

"I'll let him know we have to make a pit stop first, so he's not unduly surprised again."

William looked at you then he nodded.
"Yes that is agreeable."
He consented.

"Thank you," he said to the man. To Cita, he said with a nod, "He consents to being checked over for anything else wrong with him before we depart."

"Massassa ohhh poor House Tremere. There was a woman at my first Covenant...such a tragedy."
The lich said

"Indeed. Though I do not know that they are Tremere; I think they may be another type of massasa. They thought you were a massasa, that is why they were here."

"I felt as if my magick offended reality as if changing reality...Paradox...the young ones at Morningstar call it Paradox...such a strange things."

"Ah. I see, yes that is a problem out here."

// I'm American - 'flatly' as an adjective is used for all those things in American English, from the things that I've read - as a tone of voice meaning with little emotion or to signal the end of a conversation. Context as usual is a key.
ooc2: no worries re: the summary

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:32 pm

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

'Here you go.' Nicole said to Antonio, handing over the vial. 'I need to borrow another cell..'

[Problem is; if nobody ever mentions anything ever you'll never improve. Your argument, while having good points is also able to justify people never re-thinking anything as (for example) 'if I had a desire to improve my knowledge of (subject) I'd take a class'. Plus, isn't the *occasional, polite* nudge from people you (kinda) know different to savaging by strangers who have self-appointed themselves as the English police?]

[This might be a 'separated by a common language' thing; in British English it nearly always has a *negative* context.]

[Not that negative (have had worse from dentists, though also better) more annoying that I'll have to go through the whole thing again (esp the drill) in three weeks time. Plus, still have stupid soft temp filling...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:38 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"Well Serge Yager is a pretty uncommon, it is a name one remember."
Yu Die said.
"And being at the last of the list have it's disadvantages, it means you will have to wait for a while quite often."
The young Akashic pointed out.

"Yeah, but thankfully I've only ever seen benefits. I never had to do a school presentation first." he said with a smirk.

Anja wrote:Down on the street, petting White Satan, was the princess, now again looking beautiful like a beauty from a fantasy story and she looked looked up at you and smiled hungrily as she continued petting the cat.

"It's Dementor Cinderella." he said jokingly smiling back at the elegant princess despite his attempts to resist. "Just kidding. That's the banshee. Looks likes she likes cats."

Serge seemed unafraid of her, despite having been attacked by her once. He watched her pet the cat, reminding him of Disney Princesses and their affinity with animals. At first he was just admiring her, but eventually his eyes were drawn to her arms to see if they were still in tact. Last time he had faced her, she had lost one of her arms to the singing angel spirit guardian.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:39 pm

[Ward Making]

"Yeah, but thankfully I've only ever seen benefits. I never had to do a school presentation first." he said with a smirk.

"It is no problem being the first to do the presentation if one know that one have done proper work Sir."
Yu Die muttered.
"It is better to get it done than waiting."
She added and you got the feeling she always did the proper work.

"It's Dementor Cinderella." he said jokingly smiling back at the elegant princess despite his attempts to resist. "Just kidding. That's the banshee. Looks likes she likes cats."

"Well cats are adorable."
Anna said as got up and went to the railing to look down as well.
"Wow she is really pretty, are you sure she will not harm White Satan down there?"

Serge seemed unafraid of her, despite having been attacked by her once. He watched her pet the cat, reminding him of Disney Princesses and their affinity with animals. At first he was just admiring her, but eventually his eyes were drawn to her arms to see if they were still in tact. Last time he had faced her, she had lost one of her arms to the singing angel spirit guardian.

The Banshee's right hand was now just a withered tree branch, she kept looking at you and petting the large, white cat.

[Cabin]

Here you go.' Nicole said to Antonio, handing over the vial. 'I need to borrow another cell..'

"Thank you."
Antonio said as he accepted the vial. Fran quickly handed you her phone it was in a purple bad cover.
"Here you go will this do?"

[Seattle]

"I know, and I would too. You have been remarkably patient, sir."

"Yes...I have."
The lich replied with a sad sigh.

"I'll let him know we have to make a pit stop first, so he's not unduly surprised again."

"Very well."
Cita said with a nod.

"Thank you," he said to the man. To Cita, he said with a nod, "He consents to being checked over for anything else wrong with him before we depart."

The Virtual Adept Master nodded, he started typing at his phone quickly, only when done did she stop pointing it at the vampire and directed it at William for a moment then she looked down at the screen.
"There are residues of magick to dampen his powers, residues from what I assume is his own Hermetic spells, and off course he is himself magick, but other than that there do not appear to be anything."
She could inform you.
"He is weakened but he is clear."
William looked at Cita.
"The woman is a powerful mage."
He muttered.
"But her magick is not Hermetic Sodalis."

Indeed. Though I do not know that they are Tremere; I think they may be another type of massasa. They thought you were a massasa, that is why they were here."

"They are very rude."
The lich declared.
"And noisy they shouted at me, I do not like shouting!"

"Ah. I see, yes that is a problem out here."

"Paradox ah it is the bane of our kind. I remember when it was not known, those where better days."
William stated ruefully.

(OOC: Here is the thing, I have a disability, despite this disability I have taught myself to read and write English and I do so well. I do not want to be corrected constantly like I said my skill in English is not your responsibility. This is like when you are fat and strangers tell you not eat that if you have ordered a meal in a restaurant, and believe me it happens. I am sure for some it is well meaning but it is irritating and demeaning and I do not run this game to be picked on and demeaned. I have been bullied about my writing for as long as I have taken part in written conversation online. I have already been driven from one platform I enjoyed posting at I would prefer not to be driven from this game as well so kindly drop this, while I am sure you mean to help it is neither requested nor appreciated. Like I said if you do not understand something I have written feel free to ask, but I do not game to get better at English I game to have fun.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:54 pm

[Seattle]

"There are residues of magick to dampen his powers, residues from what I assume is his own Hermetic spells, and off course he is himself magick, but other than that there do not appear to be anything."
She could inform you.
"He is weakened but he is clear."

"Some good news, though I'm confused why he was dumped out here, specifically."

"The woman is a powerful mage."
He muttered.
"But her magick is not Hermetic Sodalis."

"That is correct. She is on our side, though. The thing in her hand is like a wand, but made of metal and electricity and spells made of a language of only two numbers."

"Paradox ah it is the bane of our kind. I remember when it was not known, those where better days."
William stated ruefully.

"You would feel it less at home, than out here. Sir, we cannot take you directly home, but we can take you somewhere else safe and then get you home from there. Is that acceptable?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:55 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"Lady Crexia is a very powerful Necromancer she will be able to deal with the asshole, and deal with him good."
Freddy muttered.
"Who is Andreas Giovanni?"
She asked weakly.
Colin shrugged, "There might be two of them, but Andreas the Elder is a vampire, an old one... the Giovanni clan is a vampiric necromancer mafia, if you can believe something like that exists. He's not the Capo, but senior to him, and he seems... as decent and steady as someone in such a position could be expected to be. Secure in his power, rather than nervous about usurpers and constantly craving more..."

Anja wrote:"Our Geniuses have their ways, even so such a rude Genius must by a bit of an irritation."
Dr Hadermann commented.
He smiled wryly, "Especially if he decides to talk to others, too..."

Anja wrote:Dr Hadermann nodded at that and then he left the room leaving you with Freddy.
He leaned back in the chair, closing his eyes for a little while as he could finally relax, holding Freddy's hand in his...

((OOC: Quite, the linguistics debate is not likely to further anything positive at this point. I agree there's likely an aspect of "countries divided by a common language" at play, but I'm also quite aware of the additional hiccups caused by dyslexia - similarly written words used in place of one another, that sort of thing - and so long as the context is sufficiently clear, nitpicking a disability is ungainly at best. ))

((OOC2: I think I might try to restrain myself from the forum for a little while, to let everyone else catch up with Colin; he's got to be, what, a couple hours ahead of everyone, what with the duration of surgery and waiting next to Freddy?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:21 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"It is no problem being the first to do the presentation if one know that one have done proper work Sir."
Yu Die muttered.
"It is better to get it done than waiting."
She added and you got the feeling she always did the proper work.

"You would definitely be alone in that opinion if you were in my classes. There was always a struggle not to be first. Although don't think we were wholly irresponsible." he said with a smirk. "We just wanted extra time to improve our work based on what our classmates did."

Anja wrote:"Well cats are adorable."
Anna said as got up and went to the railing to look down as well.
"Wow she is really pretty, are you sure she will not harm White Satan down there?"

"I doubt it. She probably likes the attention. Being a fae ghost is probably a different kind of lonely." he said, curious if the white cat was able to perceive the banshee. He knew animals were more attuned with things beyond the gauntlet but the banshee's case was a rare one. "It fits the princess persona she has going on."

Anja wrote:The Banshee's right hand was now just a withered tree branch, she kept looking at you and petting the large, white cat.

"That withered branch used to be her right hand. It was cut off by the guardian angel of the villa." he informed the girls. "She was a lot more talkative last time. Do you think she could hear me from up here?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:48 am

[Cabin]

Anja's Post:

Nicole quickly checks to see if said cell had a camera...

[My apologies, Great One. My last point had moved from the actual situation to more generalities; as it often does with me. Merely on my never-ending quest of 'learning how people who Aren't Me (which is most) think'. Plus, trying to work out how the hell some folk (others, out in the RW) are still going around with minds from 1995 (you know... like the stupid ones who tell you to 'stop thinking / feeling / being that way'). No personal slight intended at all. Plus, for the record I didn't *know* you had dyslexia.]

[Think Nick might not be as far behind than others, as she's had to do a decent amount of fast-travel recently...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:28 am

[Seattle]

"Some good news, though I'm confused why he was dumped out here, specifically."

"So am I could be as simple as they can not kill him and they no longer needed him."
Cita said with a frown.

"That is correct. She is on our side, though. The thing in her hand is like a wand, but made of metal and electricity and spells made of a language of only two numbers."

That seamed to make sense to the old lich and he nodded.
"Only two numbers? How fascinating."

"You would feel it less at home, than out here. Sir, we cannot take you directly home, but we can take you somewhere else safe and then get you home from there. Is that acceptable?"

"I do not like to go anywhere but I guess I have no choice but accept."
William said with a sigh.
"I want to go home to my routine and my things and my little copper teapot that I make tea I do not drink with."

[Westchapel]

Colin shrugged, "There might be two of them, but Andreas the Elder is a vampire, an old one... the Giovanni clan is a vampiric necromancer mafia, if you can believe something like that exists. He's not the Capo, but senior to him, and he seems... as decent and steady as someone in such a position could be expected to be. Secure in his power, rather than nervous about usurpers and constantly craving more..."

"What is an Capo? I guess that is their boss?...hum you have made a vampire contact then? That can be dangerous love but they can also be useful, many Virtual Adepts have such contacts."
Freddy said softly.

He smiled wryly, "Especially if he decides to talk to others, too..."

Indeed though that is fairly uncommon."
Dr Hadermann said with a raised eyebrow.

He leaned back in the chair, closing his eyes for a little while as he could finally relax, holding Freddy's hand in his...

As you relaxed holding Freddy's hand Alicia came up with another cup of tea, the apprentice had just put the tea down saying.
"I did not know what sort of tea you wanted Mr Wainwright so I got you earl gray is that okey or I could get another."
When you saw another little time anomaly bubble floating over Freddy's other hand and Alicia did not seam to see it.

[Ward Making]

"You would definitely be alone in that opinion if you were in my classes. There was always a struggle not to be first. Although don't think we were wholly irresponsible." he said with a smirk. "We just wanted extra time to improve our work based on what our classmates did."

"Well that makes sense, you would want to turn in the best work you can, and it is not like I can judge I do not even go to regular school anymore though I am trying to keep up with subjects studying on my own."
Yu Die said with a sigh.
"I have never been to school."
Anna chimed in.

"I doubt it. She probably likes the attention. Being a fae ghost is probably a different kind of lonely." he said, curious if the white cat was able to perceive the banshee. He knew animals were more attuned with things beyond the gauntlet but the banshee's case was a rare one. "It fits the princess persona she has going on."

White Satan kept rubbing his head against the Banshee's arm so yes it seamed like he could see her or at least knew she was there and at least for now he was friendly.
"Yeah I guess she is lonely indeed Sir."
Yu Die muttered sadly.
"And it do sort of fit though I can not at the moment see her."
Anna said as Yu Die had the monocle.

"That withered branch used to be her right hand. It was cut off by the guardian angel of the villa." he informed the girls. "She was a lot more talkative last time. Do you think she could hear me from up here?"

"Hum...well the Guardian did what it had to do."
Anna commented.
"It is hard to say you could hear someone shouting on he roof if you stand down on street level, but just regular talking I doubt it unless she have some way to augment her hearing, which she might I do not know what powers she have but she did see you at least Sir."
Yu Die said with a frown.
"So what do we do now Sir?"

[Cabin]

Nicole quickly checks to see if said cell had a camera...

It was a Samsung Galaxy 4 so yes it did have a camera.

(OOC: I am not sure since much of Freddy's operation was done during various time bubbles and extensions to give the surgeons more time to react when things go wrong, but let us do one of Colin's flash forwards that will give Colin something to do while the others catch up a bit.)

(OOC 2: I think I have said it a few times that I have dyslexia but no matter it is fine, and I understand you meant well I just get so much of it, that at times I just want to be able to write and not worry about every little word since as far as I know what I write are usually understandable.)

(OOC: Colin is a few hours before the others, Nicole is about half an hour before the others and Adley and Serge is about the same time. We will catch them all up to one another eventually.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:52 am

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"Well that makes sense, you would want to turn in the best work you can, and it is not like I can judge I do not even go to regular school anymore though I am trying to keep up with subjects studying on my own."
Yu Die said with a sigh.
"I have never been to school."
Anna chimed in.

"Your not missing much." he said with a shrug. "Just a bunch of mean teachers with the most stressed out look in their eyes and lessons taught in the most boring way possible. Which is a shame because the things they teach are really cool. Thankfully youtube exists. They taught me way more than classes did."

Anja wrote:White Satan kept rubbing his head against the Banshee's arm so yes it seamed like he could see her or at least knew she was there and at least for now he was friendly.
"Yeah I guess she is lonely indeed Sir."
Yu Die muttered sadly.
"And it do sort of fit though I can not at the moment see her."
Anna said as Yu Die had the monocle.

"Apparently you can use your prime sense to sense the magick of her existence." he informed her. "If your not too tired, try that out and see what she looks like."

Anja wrote:"Hum...well the Guardian did what it had to do."
Anna commented.
"It is hard to say you could hear someone shouting on he roof if you stand down on street level, but just regular talking I doubt it unless she have some way to augment her hearing, which she might I do not know what powers she have but she did see you at least Sir."
Yu Die said with a frown.
"So what do we do now Sir?"

Serge was clearly thinking about the next course of action from the unusually stiff look on his face. His face eventually loosened and he let out a sigh, watching it dissipate into the cold air before saying, "We get out of the cold and go tell Master Morgan about her. I don't think he'd appreciate not being informed about this."

If the girls agreed he would turn around and begin heading back down to the security chief's office.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:29 am

[Ward Making]

"Your not missing much." he said with a shrug. "Just a bunch of mean teachers with the most stressed out look in their eyes and lessons taught in the most boring way possible. Which is a shame because the things they teach are really cool. Thankfully youtube exists. They taught me way more than classes did."

"I think the problem with school is that you have a one size fit most way of thinking, it is mass production so the teacher do not always see individual students."
Yu Die said with a frown and Anna nodded.
"I learn allot using books Sir."
She said.
"And my teacher was really mean but not to me, my former teacher that is, my dad is really nice."

"Apparently you can use your prime sense to sense the magick of her existence." he informed her. "If your not too tired, try that out and see what she looks like."

"I might not be able to see the details of her appearance Sir but at least I should be able to sense her."
Anna said and she did several other hand gestured and touched her closed eyes then she looked down at White Satan.
"I see her presence there..."

Serge was clearly thinking about the next course of action from the unusually stiff look on his face. His face eventually loosened and he let out a sigh, watching it dissipate into the cold air before saying, "We get out of the cold and go tell Master Morgan about her. I don't think he'd appreciate not being informed about this."

If the girls agreed he would turn around and begin heading back down to the security chief's office.

The girls nodded.
"Yeah we should let Master Morgan know."
Anna agreed.

You got down to the security office and knocked on the door. Jeffry soon opened up the door to his tiny office and looked at you and the girls.
"Mr Yager, Miss Wainwright, Miss Qen, what can I do for you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:23 pm

[Westchapel]
Anja wrote:"What is an Capo? I guess that is their boss?...hum you have made a vampire contact then? That can be dangerous love but they can also be useful, many Virtual Adepts have such contacts."
Freddy said softly.
Colin smiled wryly, "Well, now... I suppose I shouldn't tell you that I've got a direct line of communication to the Prince of Boston... and a vampire Custos today. Not to worry about the latter - Shawn's a sweet kid, and his blood is too thin for him to be dangerous to Magi. That's been confirmed to the Chief's satisfaction, so that's saying something..."

Anja wrote:Indeed though that is fairly uncommon."
Dr Hadermann said with a raised eyebrow.
He nodded and showed Hadermann the text message, "Indeed it is... On the other hand, mine stabbed the Avatar of a Quaesitor who tried to examine her without permission, so I suppose with that sort of personality on Freddy's Avatar, we should count our blessings..."

Anja wrote:As you relaxed holding Freddy's hand Alicia came up with another cup of tea, the apprentice had just put the tea down saying.
"I did not know what sort of tea you wanted Mr Wainwright so I got you earl gray is that okey or I could get another."
When you saw another little time anomaly bubble floating over Freddy's other hand and Alicia did not seam to see it.
He smiled and accepted the cup, "Ah, thank you, that will be excellent... Oh. Er, would you be a dear and close the door and keep an eye on us for a bit? There's a time anomaly here for me, and I rather have to answer it... It's bound to be important."

((OOC: I imagine most of the operation was done in 1:1 time, to avoid too many complications with conflicting bubbles overlapping in Freddy's head while they were working and patching bits of blood vessels in the brain. Plus, there'd be the stability of the power supply to contend with if there were too many different timings involved.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:02 pm

[Ward Making]

Anja wrote:"I might not be able to see the details of her appearance Sir but at least I should be able to sense her."
Anna said and she did several other hand gestured and touched her closed eyes then she looked down at White Satan.
"I see her presence there..."

"While you have that sight, do you think you can check the boundaries of the chantry's wards. Not my ward, the other ones." he asked. "Is she standing at the edge of them or further away?"

Anja wrote:The girls nodded.
"Yeah we should let Master Morgan know."
Anna agreed.

You got down to the security office and knocked on the door. Jeffry soon opened up the door to his tiny office and looked at you and the girls.
"Mr Yager, Miss Wainwright, Miss Qen, what can I do for you?"

"Well the protection for the ward drawings are done." he reported, "While we were doing that though, we saw the Banshee that was after me. She's right outside the chantry on the street petting the evil white cat. I'm pretty sure she's waiting for me to leave the bounds of the chantry."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next