Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 21 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 25, 2018 6:14 pm

[Colin] (Morningstar 4:30 in the afternoon)

Colin grinned, "Master George Steelhaven Hermes ex Guernicus, Deacon Primus and founder of Chantry Steelhaven Hall, by all accounts a good six centuries of age, and preparing to head out to become a Postulant. He can indeed see the future, without even straining, and he gets quite irritated when someone does not arrive at the second he expected. That doesn't happen often, mind you."

Rebecca whisteled at that.
"Shit, well that due sounds like he can kick some ass."
The young Orphan commented.
"Cool, heading out to become a Postulat though, are not the ones who do that never seen again, no one knows if they make it or just get lost in the Umbra or something?"
She asked sounding skeptical.
"That is a gutsy step to take."

He smiled, "Yes, my furnace can easily hit about a thousand degrees Celsius, or some eighteen hundred Fahrenheit, but I don't use it every day. Most silversmithing work is actually done with an itty bitty hammer and a small piece of sheet metal. Of course, if you're making solid objects of silver, casting them in a mold is often the easiest and best method. Fortunately, I have good air conditioning in the workshop, and the furnace is very well insulated."

"That is quite hot Mentor."
Anna said and nodded she sounded quite impressed actually.
"Making things with sheet metal sounds fun...for for the furnace can you make lampwork glass with that? My nicests marbles are lampwork glass."

He smiled, "Well, they should be heavy - they are made to restrain the wearer, after all, whether magically or mundanely."

"I guess so and they are making moving around allot more complicated which I guess is also the point howevermy wrists are becoming a little sore, it is not huge problem but getting out of them will be nice."
Anna said with a grimace and indeed her wrist did look a little sore she had been wearing them for over 24 hours now after all.

He grinned, "It takes a child to raze a village... or was that the other way around? It's new territory for me, so any sincere advice is accepted with gratitude."

"I have not raised any children either but I was around her age when I Awakened and I remember how I was taught, I think the key is to remember that while she is a mage, she is also a little girl that needs to be treated as a little girl and taught to use her powers responsibly."
Harmony said and nodded.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 21 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Warpmind Fri May 25, 2018 7:05 pm

[Morningstar 4:30 PM]
Rebecca whisteled at that.
"Shit, well that due sounds like he can kick some ass."
The young Orphan commented.
"Cool, heading out to become a Postulat though, are not the ones who do that never seen again, no one knows if they make it or just get lost in the Umbra or something?"
She asked sounding skeptical.
"That is a gutsy step to take."
Colin shrugged, "I think some are said to return, resuming their lives in a more modest capacity and living out their natural days... But yes, I think the Traditions ought to have more proper Going Away parties for them."

"That is quite hot Mentor."
Anna said and nodded she sounded quite impressed actually.
"Making things with sheet metal sounds fun...for for the furnace can you make lampwork glass with that? My nicests marbles are lampwork glass."
He arched an eyebrow, "I don't know, actually - I'd have to read up on glassmaking to answer that... but I do believe it should have no problems turning sand to glass. And in fact, I think I have some sand which will prove perfect to try it with. Speaking of, your whole collection save one is waiting in my apartment, along with all your books. I wasn't able to save your figurines, though, I had to prioritize. And those books are going to form a very nice nest egg for you by the time you grow up."

"I guess so and they are making moving around allot more complicated which I guess is also the point howevermy wrists are becoming a little sore, it is not huge problem but getting out of them will be nice."
Anna said with a grimace and indeed her wrist did look a little sore she had been wearing them for over 24 hours now after all.
He nodded, "I will ask around for a little salve or something similar when I get the key, does that sound alright?"

"I have not raised any children either but I was around her age when I Awakened and I remember how I was taught, I think the key is to remember that while she is a mage, she is also a little girl that needs to be treated as a little girl and taught to use her powers responsibly."
Harmony said and nodded.
He smiled, "She was Awakened the first time she saw me, seven years ago... ah, temporal complications again; to me, it was this morning..."
He looked at Anna and winked, "Besides, twelve isn't so little anymore, is it?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 25, 2018 7:29 pm

Colin shrugged, "I think some are said to return, resuming their lives in a more modest capacity and living out their natural days... But yes, I think the Traditions ought to have more proper Going Away parties for them."

"Well there is always a good reason to party I guess."
Rebecca said.
"Why would anyone go and try to become a Postulant then when no one knows what happens to those that do even if some few return?"

He arched an eyebrow, "I don't know, actually - I'd have to read up on glassmaking to answer that... but I do believe it should have no problems turning sand to glass. And in fact, I think I have some sand which will prove perfect to try it with. Speaking of, your whole collection save one is waiting in my apartment, along with all your books. I wasn't able to save your figurines, though, I had to prioritize. And those books are going to form a very nice nest egg for you by the time you grow up."

"I think lampwork sine done with a blowtorch actually thereby the name lampwork. I do not know though I bought a pair of earrings of etsy and the guy making them was posing while making something with a blowtorch so I am just guessing."
Harmony said Anna nodded to that then she turned to you.
"Home made glass made from sand sounds cool Mentor."
She said then her eyes light up.
"Really you saved my marble collection, thank you Mentor."
The little girl said clearely very happy about the news.
"It is ok if the figurines are gone but the books and the marbels that is wonderful, thank you."
She said and smiled.

He nodded, "I will ask around for a little salve or something similar when I get the key, does that sound alright?"

Anna nodded at that.
"Ok Mentor that will probably be good, Mr Horton put something on them a while ago, them and my thumb...and my hand...from the hospital when the nurses stuck me."
She said and it was clear it was the last one there the really bothered her.

He smiled, "She was Awakened the first time she saw me, seven years ago... ah, temporal complications again; to me, it was this morning..."
He looked at Anna and winked, "Besides, twelve isn't so little anymore, is it?"

Harmony did not seam to mind mutch about your time shennanigans.
"She have been Awakened quite some time then, and no, twelve is a young lady."
She said and Anna grinned at that and nodded.
"Indeed I am a young lady."
She anounced.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 25, 2018 8:32 pm

[Morningstar, 4:30 PM]
"Well there is always a good reason to party I guess."
Rebecca said.
"Why would anyone go and try to become a Postulant then when no one knows what happens to those that do even if some few return?"
Colin smiled, "I guess it is a calling, when one approaches a certain degree of Enlightenment."

"I think lampwork sine done with a blowtorch actually thereby the name lampwork. I do not know though I bought a pair of earrings of etsy and the guy making them was posing while making something with a blowtorch so I am just guessing."
Harmony said Anna nodded to that then she turned to you.
"Home made glass made from sand sounds cool Mentor."
She said then her eyes light up.
"Really you saved my marble collection, thank you Mentor."
The little girl said clearely very happy about the news.
"It is ok if the figurines are gone but the books and the marbels that is wonderful, thank you."
She said and smiled.
He nodded, "I had a blowtorch, but that's been a while now - the furnace is more economical, and less of a potential safety hazard. It's more an insurance thing than anything else, really..."
He grinned, "Well, I was informed your library was quite valuable, and I know how much you love those marbles, so I had to save those. Plus, you told me, a couple months from now, about the special marble Cotta gave you... that's the one that's missing. It was the key to unravel an Oblivion portal in the Main Node; had to use it, for everyone's safety's sake..."

Anna nodded at that.
"Ok Mentor that will probably be good, Mr Horton put something on them a while ago, them and my thumb...and my hand...from the hospital when the nurses stuck me."
She said and it was clear it was the last one there the really bothered her.
He nodded, "I'll ask him, then."

Harmony did not seam to mind mutch about your time shennanigans.
"She have been Awakened quite some time then, and no, twelve is a young lady."
She said and Anna grinned at that and nodded.
"Indeed I am a young lady."
She anounced.
He nodded, grinning, "And more so, a very clever young lady, to boot. Isn't that right, Anna? What with how quickly you countered my magic yesterday?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 25, 2018 8:39 pm

"Enough no it will never be enough she gave us a irreplacable gift but even so we should do something nice for the Deaconess to show our appriciation."
Ryan said in agreement.
"She is a kind woman, very, very strange but kind."
He added.

"Yeah she is. Do you know if she's back? I'll have to visit her when I get the chance." Serge asked.

Ryan paled a little.
"Fuck! Shit! My Mentor is coming to visit? I guess it is natural she want to check on Ange but I do wonder if I can find some exuse to be elsewere."
Ryan grumbeled.
"What is this I hear about a long expedition to Ikea? Perhaps she would have left by the time she comes back."
He suggested.

"You can buy some furniture for me. I'm not the furniture-buying type." Serge said with a chuckle, fully expecting this sort of reaction from Ryan. "Although your Mentor told me to tell you to watch out for Ange while she was injured. I doubt your mentor would appreciate it if you suddenly disappeared right as she came by. "
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 25, 2018 9:50 pm

Colin smiled, "I guess it is a calling, when one approaches a certain degree of Enlightenment."

"I guess you are right, even so going out like that, out into the Umbra to become a Postulant, it is a bit creepy is it not?"
Rebecca asked and frowned.

He nodded, "I had a blowtorch, but that's been a while now - the furnace is more economical, and less of a potential safety hazard. It's more an insurance thing than anything else, really..."

Anna pounted she did not seam like she cared much about your insurance issues when it came to the possibility of making more marbels for her.

He grinned, "Well, I was informed your library was quite valuable, and I know how much you love those marbles, so I had to save those. Plus, you told me, a couple months from now, about the special marble Cotta gave you... that's the one that's missing. It was the key to unravel an Oblivion portal in the Main Node; had to use it, for everyone's safety's sake..."

"I do love those marbels Mentor I really do I love collecting them and I like reading to so thank you for saving my books. One marble getting lost is ok, I thought all of them went down with the Labyrinth."
Anna said and sigh, sad over the loss of her home.
"The marble Cotta gave me was a pretty one though...hum I will tell you in a few months? Do you see the future Mentor?"
The little girl asked sounding confused.

He nodded, "I'll ask him, then."

"Thank you Mentor."
Anna said and nodded.

He nodded, grinning, "And more so, a very clever young lady, to boot. Isn't that right, Anna? What with how quickly you countered my magic yesterday?"

"Well I still got shot and captured by the Traditions Mentor but I guess I am pretty good and countermagick."
Anna said proudly and she gave you a big grin in return.

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"Yeah she is. Do you know if she's back? I'll have to visit her when I get the chance." Serge asked.

"Yes she is, she returned with the majority of our forces not long ago, I suspect she might have headed to her room afterwards, the Deaconess can be a bit of a recluse."
Ryan said and nodded.

"You can buy some furniture for me. I'm not the furniture-buying type." Serge said with a chuckle, fully expecting this sort of reaction from Ryan.

"Yes well it will just be good for you to get out of your shell a bit and actually choose what you want in your room you know."
Ryan said and frowned.

"Although your Mentor told me to tell you to watch out for Ange while she was injured. I doubt your mentor would appreciate it if you suddenly disappeared right as she came by. "

"So...I guess she will not, and off course I will look out for my sister. Shit my Mentor is coming for a visit, I so need a drink."
Your uncler muttered and he looked like he feared the visit from the older Cultist more than he had feared going into battle with the Nephandi.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 25, 2018 11:03 pm

"I guess you are right, even so going out like that, out into the Umbra to become a Postulant, it is a bit creepy is it not?"
Rebecca asked and frowned.
Colin shook his head, "Not particularly, no... by now, I scarcely rate it a three on a scale of one to ten..."

Anna pounted she did not seam like she cared much about your insurance issues when it came to the possibility of making more marbels for her.
He grinned, "I should still be able to smelt glass and mold it into a perfect sphere, even without said blowtorch. Fancier glasswork, though, might be a little harder to do."

"I do love those marbels Mentor I really do I love collecting them and I like reading to so thank you for saving my books. One marble getting lost is ok, I thought all of them went down with the Labyrinth."
Anna said and sigh, sad over the loss of her home.
"The marble Cotta gave me was a pretty one though...hum I will tell you in a few months? Do you see the future Mentor?"
The little girl asked sounding confused.
He nodded, "Well, more like I was pulled into it for a few minutes... Future me cheats to save the world, and it's all for the better until the Paradox hits."

"Well I still got shot and captured by the Traditions Mentor but I guess I am pretty good and countermagick."
Anna said proudly and she gave you a big grin in return.
He nodded, "Yes, that's true... but even if you did get shot and captured, you're going to fare far better than the rest of your Labyrinth; you get to life, and keep working magic for a long time... Who knows, you might even settle down and start a family of your own."
He grinned, "Oh, the frustrations Dr. Lee will have with you, though... He's a good doctor, and a loving big brother."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 25, 2018 11:20 pm

"Right... Give me a moment, Adley, I'm heading to the engines; let's hope that won't interfere with the signal..." He took a few brisk steps into the engine compartment and shut the hatch, "Alright, I think we should have privacy now... What is the complication?"

"Please don't tell me you are on autopilot," he said, with his usual concern. If the flame steadied itself, he proceeded to discuss things with Colin, otherwise let him know that there was still something or someone that was disturbing their security instead of the following: "Two things, first the matter of the hedge wizard. It seems there is only one legal way for me to protect her, although I am requesting a second opinion on any loopholes that might be available before final action is taken. It necessitates me becoming a slave owner and taking her as a spoil of war. You can imagine how I feel about that. However, there is an additional concern about fate. Correct me if I am wrong, you implied that saving one transferd the burden to another by proxy, so what happens if we are able to prevent this person's suffering to someone else innocent, so to speak? Time and entropy are your tools of yours not mine. Is there a way to prevent a cascade of sorts? Second, there was an item in your possession that I hope it is safe from past, current and future...complications. If you require assistance with it please let me know when it is safe to do so, preferably in person but circumstances may dictate other actions." Even if they were not being overheard at the time, he was reluctant to speak of the pinecone or Cecelia's name directly.

// sorry for the delay my net was down and has just decided to return

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 25, 2018 11:29 pm

Colin shook his head, "Not particularly, no... by now, I scarcely rate it a three on a scale of one to ten..."

Rebecca gave you an even look for a while before she shrugged.
"You have apperantly seen some really fucked up shit then."

He grinned, "I should still be able to smelt glass and mold it into a perfect sphere, even without said blowtorch. Fancier glasswork, though, might be a little harder to do."

"Like adding colors and designs inside of the marbles and such?"
Anna asked.
"I have a marble with a lizard made of glass inside of it."

He nodded, "Well, more like I was pulled into it for a few minutes... Future me cheats to save the world, and it's all for the better until the Paradox hits."

"But future you are still you right Mentor?"
Anna asked as she cocked her head to the side and looked at you, she smiled and picked up her doll.
"I remembering offering you this though when I was little, though I do not remember it well. I hope though that when the Paradox hits it will not be to bad, Paradox really sucks."

He nodded, "Yes, that's true... but even if you did get shot and captured, you're going to fare far better than the rest of your Labyrinth; you get to life, and keep working magic for a long time... Who knows, you might even settle down and start a family of your own."

"A family Mentor I...hum...perhaps one day."
The little girl said and smiled a little.
"Well I have been treated well after I got here other than that stupid nurse and such but I am still worried, do you think I will get to keep my Avatar Mentor?"
She asked fearfully.

He grinned, "Oh, the frustrations Dr. Lee will have with you, though... He's a good doctor, and a loving big brother."

"I do not like doctors, the one in the Labyrinth tried to hurt me before my former Mentor beat him up and the ones in the hospital where mean. I do not want to see this Dr Lee!"
The little girl declared subbornly.

[Adley] (Steelhaven around 3:30 in the afternoon)

The flame steadied itself when Colin entered the engine room, you hear the hum from the Umbra ship's engines but other than that you heard your Cabalmate fine, the candle showing that the two of you where not overheard.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 26, 2018 12:19 am

[Morgan's Shuttle, 3:30 PM]
"Please don't tell me you are on autopilot," he said, with his usual concern. If the flame steadied itself, he proceeded to discuss things with Colin, otherwise let him know that there was still something or someone that was disturbing their security instead of the following: "Two things, first the matter of the hedge wizard. It seems there is only one legal way for me to protect her, although I am requesting a second opinion on any loopholes that might be available before final action is taken. It necessitates me becoming a slave owner and taking her as a spoil of war. You can imagine how I feel about that. However, there is an additional concern about fate. Correct me if I am wrong, you implied that saving one transferd the burden to another by proxy, so what happens if we are able to prevent this person's suffering to someone else innocent, so to speak? Time and entropy are your tools of yours not mine. Is there a way to prevent a cascade of sorts? Second, there was an item in your possession that I hope it is safe from past, current and future...complications. If you require assistance with it please let me know when it is safe to do so, preferably in person but circumstances may dictate other actions." Even if they were not being overheard at the time, he was reluctant to speak of the pinecone or Cecelia's name directly.
Colin grinned, "No, no autopilot - the pilot your pater hired is not quite that drunk yet."
He frowned, "Indentured servitude... No, I don't imagine that would be comfortable. I can't imagine your pater approving of that... I suppose he might grudgingly accept it, if presented in the right manner, but I can't see any way he would actually approve of it... I don't know if we can avoid having the suffering shifted to another, though... Master Steelhaven is far more experienced in these matters, he might know a way to forcibly shift the problem to where it can do the most good - I like the idea of spaghetti, myself."
He pondered, "Which item are you... ah, the one your sister dropped off? I left that safely in a drawer in my apartment - the second, under the shelf with the Tolkien and Narnia books. Freddy has my spare key, while I am not too worried about the imminent investigation, I agree that secreting that piece away in the interim would be a good idea."
He sighed, "I note that you've not mentioned the savage son of the south seas... Have you had the time to check if he's apologized to Master Haagen yet?"

Rebecca gave you an even look for a while before she shrugged.
"You have apperantly seen some really fucked up shit then."
Colin nodded, "You would not believe me if I tried to tell you... Suffice to say I've taken part in the ending of two Labyrinths today. Those are... not pleasant places."

"Like adding colors and designs inside of the marbles and such?"
Anna asked.
"I have a marble with a lizard made of glass inside of it."
He nodded, "That would probably be a little more complicated, yes... I could probably make a tiny silver item at the core of a marble, though; glass should have a far lower melting point, so that might be a very viable project... I'm going to have to read up on glassmaking, though."

"But future you are still you right Mentor?"
Anna asked as she cocked her head to the side and looked at you, she smiled and picked up her doll.
"I remembering offering you this though when I was little, though I do not remember it well. I hope though that when the Paradox hits it will not be to bad, Paradox really sucks."
He nodded, "Future me is still going to be me. Hopefully a little wiser, certainly quite a bit more powerful, and certainly at least as stubborn and determined as I am now. And however bad the Paradox will be... you're worth it."

"A family Mentor I...hum...perhaps one day."
The little girl said and smiled a little.
"Well I have been treated well after I got here other than that stupid nurse and such but I am still worried, do you think I will get to keep my Avatar Mentor?"
She asked fearfully.
He nodded, "I am sure of it - and with a little luck, we'll bring our lawyer with us to Boston when we go today; she can tell you more about the legal proceedings, how we're preparing your defense, and so on..."

"I do not like doctors, the one in the Labyrinth tried to hurt me before my former Mentor beat him up and the ones in the hospital where mean. I do not want to see this Dr Lee!"
The little girl declared subbornly.
He shook his head, "You will see Dr. Lee, but you will get to veto any treatment he offers - just as important as his medical skills is the fact that I'm going to ask him to teach you martial arts - self defense that will not rely on magic. It will help strengthen you, and as a bonus, most Mages will not expect that from you, so long as we do not advertise such training. No needles, nothing you won't allow, I promise."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 26, 2018 12:31 am

"Yes she is, she returned with the majority of our forces not long ago, I suspect she might have headed to her room afterwards, the Deaconess can be a bit of a recluse."
Ryan said and nodded.

"Yeah I picked that up. Well their's no need to bother her while she's resting. She probably got her own injuries during the fight. I'll talk to her when she's rested and out of her room." he said with a nod.

"Yes well it will just be good for you to get out of your shell a bit and actually choose what you want in your room you know."
Ryan said and frowned.

"Pfft, I can make my room become anything I want it to be just by closing my eyes." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders. "But yeah I guess I'll have to do boring stuff like that eventually. I'm actually going to Ikea tomorrow with Rosa but that'll be long after your mentor's visit."

"So...I guess she will not, and off course I will look out for my sister. Shit my Mentor is coming for a visit, I so need a drink."
Your uncler muttered and he looked like he feared the visit from the older Cultist more than he had feared going into battle with the Nephandi.

Serge chuckled slightly and said, "Well after the battle you've had you deserve a drink to help you prepare for the next one."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 26, 2018 12:34 am

Colin grinned, "No, no autopilot - the pilot your pater hired is not quite that drunk yet."

"Unsurprisingly, that does not make me much more reassured..." he said, in a wry tone.

He frowned, "Indentured servitude... No, I don't imagine that would be comfortable. I can't imagine your pater approving of that... I suppose he might grudgingly accept it, if presented in the right manner, but I can't see any way he would actually approve of it... I don't know if we can avoid having the suffering shifted to another, though... Master Steelhaven is far more experienced in these matters, he might know a way to forcibly shift the problem to where it can do the most good - I like the idea of spaghetti, myself."

"Well, I will just put it this way, it has to be me since it would look worse if it were someone else. Neither of us approve of it, that is why we hope to find someone to help us find another avenue. But if it is not possible...if this is the only 'string' I  have? I don't understand what you mean," he said, regarding spaghetti. "I'm concerned it will keep shifting and we'll keep juggling and it will compound worse returns. I am not saying anyone deserves it  but I am concerned about that."

He pondered, "Which item are you... ah, the one your sister dropped off? I left that safely in a drawer in my apartment - the second, under the shelf with the Tolkien and Narnia books. Freddy has my spare key, while I am not too worried about the imminent investigation, I agree that secreting that piece away in the interim would be a good idea."

"Whoa - hang on, only tell me if you want me to move it...right, I will do that then, I will call her right after I get off the phone with you."

He sighed, "I note that you've not mentioned the savage son of the south seas... Have you had the time to check if he's apologized to Master Haagen yet?"

"He hasn't returned yet. Apparently he stayed to do some recovery. I was planning on asking him first rather than the endpoint of the apology so to give him a chance to do so. But as apparently he's run foul of someone else now I don't think what you said made an impression...apparently he again questioned the orders of a Master during a battle in the Labyrinth and eventually he did follow them, but...let us just say it was not someone whose feathers one should ruffle without an extremely good reason."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 26, 2018 1:16 am

"Unsurprisingly, that does not make me much more reassured..." he said, in a wry tone.
Colin shrugged softly, "He does seem... functional while on the job. I have seen similar before in war veterans, even active enlisted members - just enough of a buzz to keep their terror at bay, not enough to impair their capabilities. It's... well... I hope you never get to see such a soldier when forced to be sober..."

"Well, I will just put it this way, it has to be me since it would look worse if it were someone else. Neither of us approve of it, that is why we hope to find someone to help us find another avenue. But if it is not possible...if this is the only 'string' I have? I don't understand what you mean," he said, regarding spaghetti. "I'm concerned it will keep shifting and we'll keep juggling and it will compound worse returns. I am not saying anyone deserves it but I am concerned about that."
He nodded, "And the claim would have to be made by someone who was involved with capturing her, not just any member of the Chantry would do... I see the dilemma. And I'd say there's a good chance it will shift uncontrolled unless we can find a way to direct it - which Master Steelhaven might have a few ideas about methods for. The spaghetti was, well... People and places."

"Whoa - hang on, only tell me if you want me to move it...right, I will do that then, I will call her right after I get off the phone with you."
He nodded, "Good. And, ah... best not tell her about my little heroic stunt back there - she'll be livid enough as it is."

"He hasn't returned yet. Apparently he stayed to do some recovery. I was planning on asking him first rather than the endpoint of the apology so to give him a chance to do so. But as apparently he's run foul of someone else now I don't think what you said made an impression...apparently he again questioned the orders of a Master during a battle in the Labyrinth and eventually he did follow them, but...let us just say it was not someone whose feathers one should ruffle without an extremely good reason."
He frowned, "Well, the Handler has hopefully helped him and whoever he was with out before she left - unless he managed to resist her, which I frankly doubt a little. Either he's made it out through a portal, or he's walking through the Near Umbra, trying to get home. Let's just hope he didn't decide to try to kill the ship instead - that would not end well for him. The man is... an enthusiastic savage; best get hold of his brother for a meeting. If the young man won't take the chain of command and the Protocols to heart, I'm sure the wereshark can be convinced to be quite firm in protecting him from himself."
He paused for a moment, "Oh, that reminds me, I had another rescue sent home earlier; a woman, beautiful singing voice... She was your midwife, last lifetime we shared. Would you mind checking on her well-being for me? Might be best if I don't meet her in person just yet, much as I would like to..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 26, 2018 3:32 am

"He does seem... functional while on the job. I have seen similar before in war veterans, even active enlisted members - just enough of a buzz to keep their terror at bay, not enough to impair their capabilities. It's... well... I hope you never get to see such a soldier when forced to be sober..."

"As you say, as long as you get home safely."

"And the claim would have to be made by someone who was involved with capturing her, not just any member of the Chantry would do... I see the dilemma. And I'd say there's a good chance it will shift uncontrolled unless we can find a way to direct it - which Master Steelhaven might have a few ideas about methods for. The spaghetti was, well... People and places."

"Essentially that is the crux of it. Then I will try to ask him, for I would not wish to pass this onto someone that had no choice in the matter...look, I really don't want to own a /person/. This is the twentieth century, I'm progressive."

"Good. And, ah... best not tell her about my little heroic stunt back there - she'll be livid enough as it is."

"She is bound to find out sooner than later, who would you rather her find out from, me or someone else?"

"Well, the Handler has hopefully helped him and whoever he was with out before she left - unless he managed to resist her, which I frankly doubt a little. Either he's made it out through a portal, or he's walking through the Near Umbra, trying to get home. Let's just hope he didn't decide to try to kill the ship instead - that would not end well for him. The man is... an enthusiastic savage; best get hold of his brother for a meeting. If the young man won't take the chain of command and the Protocols to heart, I'm sure the wereshark can be convinced to be quite firm in protecting him from himself."

"Or, he's in Deep Umbra and in deep shit," Adley said. "He is not a soldier, he is more like a beserker of old. I think it's not to anyone's benefit to try to expect him to be which he is not, though that does not help us in what to do with him. Shall I contact the wereshark friend and set up a meeting between you, regardless of if he made his apology or not? Or did you mean me, if you're...erm, schedule is busy for a bit?"

"Oh, that reminds me, I had another rescue sent home earlier; a woman, beautiful singing voice... She was your midwife, last lifetime we shared. Would you mind checking on her well-being for me? Might be best if I don't meet her in person just yet, much as I would like to..."

"Er...she's upstairs then? Alright, as soon as I clear the earlier directive off my dockett, pending repioritization from sudden emergencies..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 26, 2018 7:53 am

Colin nodded, "You would not believe me if I tried to tell you... Suffice to say I've taken part in the ending of two Labyrinths today. Those are... not pleasant places."

"Yeah the Nephandi have been assholes lately, you guys got the one in Boston to?"
Rebecca asked.
"Well fair enough then again I live in a house full of mages with a vampire in the basement I would believe quite a bit."
She added wryly.

He nodded, "That would probably be a little more complicated, yes... I could probably make a tiny silver item at the core of a marble, though; glass should have a far lower melting point, so that might be a very viable project... I'm going to have to read up on glassmaking, though."

"Ohh a silver iten in the center of the marble that might end up being really pretty."
Anna said and nodded approvingly.
"That would be nice I like glass."

He nodded, "Future me is still going to be me. Hopefully a little wiser, certainly quite a bit more powerful, and certainly at least as stubborn and determined as I am now. And however bad the Paradox will be... you're worth it."

That made Anna smile a little.
"Thank you Mentor you are very kind."
She said then she added.
"On the practical side though since you are the only one protecting me from the wrath of the Traditions, you dying from Paradox would also be bad for me so do try to stay alive."

He nodded, "I am sure of it - and with a little luck, we'll bring our lawyer with us to Boston when we go today; she can tell you more about the legal proceedings, how we're preparing your defense, and so on..."

"Are you absolutely sure Mentor? How can you be sure when the trial have not been held yet?"
Anna asked then she looked down and shivered.
"I...I do not want to be...that....please...I do not want to loose my magick."
She whispered fearfully.

He shook his head, "You will see Dr. Lee, but you will get to veto any treatment he offers - just as important as his medical skills is the fact that I'm going to ask him to teach you martial arts - self defense that will not rely on magic. It will help strengthen you, and as a bonus, most Mages will not expect that from you, so long as we do not advertise such training. No needles, nothing you won't allow, I promise."

"You will let me say no to treatments he suggjests what if he says they are neccesary?"
Anna said nervously.
"Martial arts? Hum...that could be fun and it would improve my nurse kicking skills."
She added with a bit of a grin though the nurses at the hospital and nurse Bosh probably would say she was more than skilled enough at that already.
"Ok...if I get to say no and there will be no needles I can see him."
She eventually consented.

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"Yeah I picked that up. Well their's no need to bother her while she's resting. She probably got her own injuries during the fight. I'll talk to her when she's rested and out of her room." he said with a nod.

"That is often the best, I mean the Deaconess is friendly knocking on her door she would invite you in for tea and cookies but as she sis not fully of this world, interacting with the rest of us all the time tires her out and she need to be left alone when she retreats into her room."
Ryan said and nodded.

"Pfft, I can make my room become anything I want it to be just by closing my eyes." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders. "But yeah I guess I'll have to do boring stuff like that eventually. I'm actually going to Ikea tomorrow with Rosa but that'll be long after your mentor's visit."

Ryan sigh and shook his head.
"Your inner world is a gift kid, and you should enjoy it, however unless you open your eyes and also take part in the world that is happening around you then you might as well be a Marauder, for there is a whole world out here as well, so yes you have to do the boring stuff as well."
He said then he smiled.
"Ah Rosa is taking you good good...after my Mentor comes to visit...shit!"
He said as he realized he could not avoid the older Cultist.

Serge chuckled slightly and said, "Well after the battle you've had you deserve a drink to help you prepare for the next one."

"One drink...no...many drinks...yes however it is going to have to wait until I know that no one needs me to do anything else here and I know the situation have calmed down, then I will get myself off my ass drunk."
Your uncle declared.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 26, 2018 8:52 am

"As you say, as long as you get home safely."
Colin nodded, "Worst case scenario, I do believe I will be able to fly home. Well, back to the Umbral Port, in any case."

"Essentially that is the crux of it. Then I will try to ask him, for I would not wish to pass this onto someone that had no choice in the matter...look, I really don't want to own a /person/. This is the twentieth century, I'm progressive."
He nodded, "I know, I know... but consider the term 'legal fiction'. Just because the law states something is true, does not mean that is true in practice - de jure versus de facto."

"She is bound to find out sooner than later, who would you rather her find out from, me or someone else?"
He grimaced, "I would rather nobody else got caught in the crossfire, and that she won't have a couple of hours to build up a good angry before I get home... I would hope to let her know myself. Ideally, the rumour mill won't reach her before I do."

"Or, he's in Deep Umbra and in deep shit," Adley said. "He is not a soldier, he is more like a beserker of old. I think it's not to anyone's benefit to try to expect him to be which he is not, though that does not help us in what to do with him. Shall I contact the wereshark friend and set up a meeting between you, regardless of if he made his apology or not? Or did you mean me, if you're...erm, schedule is busy for a bit?"
He shook his head, "I do not think Dalisse would drop him off in the Deep Umbra - most likely, he either got off the ship in time, or he is now being digested. In any case, if you can reach him and Coawa, I will need to speak with them. I don't think it will do any good to just hand the reprimand duty over to someone else; he'll take it even less seriously if he is given orders by more and more junior members..."

"Er...she's upstairs then? Alright, as soon as I clear the earlier directive off my dockett, pending repioritization from sudden emergencies..."
"I don't rightly know where she is - I know she was injured, and that Master Narim got her out using my emergency exit - but where she was placed after that, I do not know."

"Yeah the Nephandi have been assholes lately, you guys got the one in Boston to?"
Rebecca asked.
"Well fair enough then again I live in a house full of mages with a vampire in the basement I would believe quite a bit."
She added wryly.
He smiled wryly, "All the same, I do not think you would quite believe the full tale. I myself am having a spot of bother with it, and I'm the one who went through it all..."

"Ohh a silver iten in the center of the marble that might end up being really pretty."
Anna said and nodded approvingly.
"That would be nice I like glass."
He nodded, "A tiny silver book, for example, wrapped in clear glass - or perhaps even slightly tinted glass."

That made Anna smile a little.
"Thank you Mentor you are very kind."
She said then she added.
"On the practical side though since you are the only one protecting me from the wrath of the Traditions, you dying from Paradox would also be bad for me so do try to stay alive."
He smiled, "I am not the only one... but yes, dying from Paradox would be bad for anyone."

"Are you absolutely sure Mentor? How can you be sure when the trial have not been held yet?"
Anna asked then she looked down and shivered.
"I...I do not want to be...that....please...I do not want to loose my magick."
She whispered fearfully.
He nodded, "I've seen the future, remember? In fact, future you has come back to earlier today to deliver some necessary supplies for victory today, and for your trial; if you don't keep your Avatar, how would you do that, hmm?"

"You will let me say no to treatments he suggjests what if he says they are neccesary?"
Anna said nervously.
"Martial arts? Hum...that could be fun and it would improve my nurse kicking skills."
She added with a bit of a grin though the nurses at the hospital and nurse Bosh probably would say she was more than skilled enough at that already.
"Ok...if I get to say no and there will be no needles I can see him."
She eventually consented.
He nodded, "There's no help in a medical procedure if it stresses you to death, after all. He's very good with working with energy flows, I think he should be well able to stimulate your recovery without going under your skin. Plus, he can help set up a healthy, balanced diet for you... I'll make sure green pasta is included, if only as an occasional treat."
He sighed, "Yes, I thought you might wish to turn toward nurse-kicking... I will make sure he teaches you minimum-force techniques - wouldn't want you to break a poor, innocent nurse's leg or anything while trying to rescue a friend, after all."

((OOC: Aight, MtG tournament today. My Elf breeder reactor is ready; hopefully it will work. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 26, 2018 10:23 am

He smiled wryly, "All the same, I do not think you would quite believe the full tale. I myself am having a spot of bother with it, and I'm the one who went through it all..."

Rebecca raised an eyebrow and looked at you.
"That bad, interesting well I am not going to ask more about it then...at least the Labyrinths are finished and no longer a threat right?"

He nodded, "A tiny silver book, for example, wrapped in clear glass - or perhaps even slightly tinted glass."

"Ohh that would be so pretty Mentor."
Anna said and she clapped her chained hands together exitedly which made the cuffs clank together and the chain rattle.

He smiled, "I am not the only one... but yes, dying from Paradox would be bad for anyone."

"Yeah let us both avoid dying, and especially dying in horrible Paradox backlashes...or get tails or something, I got one once, I still have the scar from when I had it cut off."
The little girl said and pouted.
"That was not much fun, not much fun at all."

He nodded, "I've seen the future, remember? In fact, future you has come back to earlier today to deliver some necessary supplies for victory today, and for your trial; if you don't keep your Avatar, how would you do that, hmm?"

The young mage considered for a moment then she seamed to calm down and she gave you a relieved smile.
"I really came back from the future? I guess I would have my Avatar then, that he will be ok...that is good I have been so afraid I heard what happens to Nephandi captured by the Traditions."
She said and the relief made her luagh a little.
"I get to stay a mage?"

He nodded, "There's no help in a medical procedure if it stresses you to death, after all. He's very good with working with energy flows, I think he should be well able to stimulate your recovery without going under your skin. Plus, he can help set up a healthy, balanced diet for you... I'll make sure green pasta is included, if only as an occasional treat."

"I like pasta with that green stuff you make from that plant thingy Mentor how did you know that?"
Anna said sounding a bit confused.
"Well it is ok then I guess. I mean it is ok if he have to do something that hurts, I do not like when things hurt but if I have to in order to get better that is ok, but I do not want to be restrained and it can nto involve needles."
The little girl said and looked down.
"Hum...energy flow, he can read someone's eyergy flow? That sounds fun how do he do that Mentor?"
She asked the mention of new magick brightening her mood.

He sighed, "Yes, I thought you might wish to turn toward nurse-kicking... I will make sure he teaches you minimum-force techniques - wouldn't want you to break a poor, innocent nurse's leg or anything while trying to rescue a friend, after all."

"If a nurse try to hold someone down and stick them with needles then they are not inocent and they deserve a good, hard kick, like the ones at the hospital two of them held me down while another hurt my hand."
She muttered the look in her eyes saying that she had found the experience terrifying and traumatic and she held out her left hand and you saw a pretty ad bruise and the tiny hole from an IV there, it was clear that either the nurse had been digging around to find a vein and the pale little hand was swollen.

(OOC: Good luck, hopefully your leves will not be eaten by goats. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Ryan sigh and shook his head.
"Your inner world is a gift kid, and you should enjoy it, however unless you open your eyes and also take part in the world that is happening around you then you might as well be a Marauder, for there is a whole world out here as well, so yes you have to do the boring stuff as well."
He said then he smiled.

"Oh trust me. Your not the first to tell me that." Serge said with light-hearted chuckle. "I'm not going mad anytime soon. My eyes are open enough to realize that whether I like it or not I am fully a part of this world. So I'll try to make the boring stuff a little more fun for me and everyone involved. "

"Ah Rosa is taking you good good...after my Mentor comes to visit...shit!"
He said as he realized he could not avoid the older Cultist.

"Don't think you got a good way out of this man. Not unless your lucky enough to be given a mission right before her arrival."

"One drink...no...many drinks...yes however it is going to have to wait until I know that no one needs me to do anything else here and I know the situation have calmed down, then I will get myself off my ass drunk."
Your uncle declared.

"That's exactly what we need. Violin Dr. Who drunk off his ass screwing around with the time-stream." Serge joked.

"The labyrinth blew up and your injured. I think their won't be any more surprises and even if there are, you won't be first on the list to be called. I'm sure one drink wouldn't do you any harm, if not alcohol than tea or water or something. Something to calm your nerves. You seem more distressed about your mentor coming than about the fact that you just fought for your life."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 26, 2018 1:12 pm

"Oh trust me. Your not the first to tell me that." Serge said with light-hearted chuckle. "I'm not going mad anytime soon. My eyes are open enough to realize that whether I like it or not I am fully a part of this world. So I'll try to make the boring stuff a little more fun for me and everyone involved. "

"Well as long as you are not retrating into your own world and refusing to take part of the physical one, or you force any illusions onto anyone else without their premission then doing things to have fun with mundane tasks are perfectly fine."
Ryan said but he did look somewhat concerned about you nevertheless.

"Don't think you got a good way out of this man. Not unless your lucky enough to be given a mission right before her arrival."

"I guess I have to pray for Technocrats."
Your uncle said wryly.
"But no it seams like I am stuck with having a visit with my Mentor...that will be...ehm interesting."
He grumbeled.

"That's exactly what we need. Violin Dr. Who drunk off his ass screwing around with the time-stream." Serge joked.

"Yes that could end...badly indeed I try to never mess around with the timestream unless I am at least somewhat sober."
The Cultist said wryly.

"The labyrinth blew up and your injured. I think their won't be any more surprises and even if there are, you won't be first on the list to be called. I'm sure one drink wouldn't do you any harm, if not alcohol than tea or water or something. Something to calm your nerves. You seem more distressed about your mentor coming than about the fact that you just fought for your life."

"Water and a cup of tea absolutely, however until the Chief give the all clear I want to be sober enough to help out if I have to, also remember that we are weakened right now, if I where a Technocratic Construct I would choose this time to attack us."
Ryan said then he frowned again.
"My teacher is...a brilliant mage Serge, skilled with magick, powerful, a force of nature, but she is also petty, cruel and her expectations are relentless..."
He said softly.
"Yes I think I would rather face more Nephandi than my Mentor right now."

(OOC: Have I missed one of Nicole's posts? I have looked and can not find one I have lost but since she have not replied can I have missed one?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Rebecca raised an eyebrow and looked at you.
"That bad, interesting well I am not going to ask more about it then...at least the Labyrinths are finished and no longer a threat right?"
Colin nodded, "There were a few escapees, but by and large, the leaders were taken down and the Labyrinths are no longer there. A few stragglers can be... tracked down and taken out later."

"Yeah let us both avoid dying, and especially dying in horrible Paradox backlashes...or get tails or something, I got one once, I still have the scar from when I had it cut off."
The little girl said and pouted.
"That was not much fun, not much fun at all."
He nodded, "And even then, a tail is not much of an inconvenience... I saw what happened to the second team that tried to take the Mercere Chantry in Gary... the survivors were... badly mutated."

The young mage considered for a moment then she seamed to calm down and she gave you a relieved smile.
"I really came back from the future? I guess I would have my Avatar then, that he will be ok...that is good I have been so afraid I heard what happens to Nephandi captured by the Traditions."
She said and the relief made her luagh a little.
"I get to stay a mage?"
He nodded, fishing out the bullet Dalisse had teleported from the Technocrat's head, "You came with a few of these... very effective against the Fallen, if unpleasant for them..."
He grimaced a little and pocketed it again, "I should clean this better before you get to handle it... it's been in an unpleasant place..."
He smiled, "I'm positive, you get to stay a Mage."

"I like pasta with that green stuff you make from that plant thingy Mentor how did you know that?"
Anna said sounding a bit confused.
"Well it is ok then I guess. I mean it is ok if he have to do something that hurts, I do not like when things hurt but if I have to in order to get better that is ok, but I do not want to be restrained and it can nto involve needles."
The little girl said and looked down.
"Hum...energy flow, he can read someone's eyergy flow? That sounds fun how do he do that Mentor?"
She asked the mention of new magick brightening her mood.
He smiled thinly, "Of course I know you like pasta with pesto - I've seen the future, remember? As for how to read a person's energy flow - you would have to ask him - I have no understanding of the magics governing living things, I'm afraid."

"If a nurse try to hold someone down and stick them with needles then they are not inocent and they deserve a good, hard kick, like the ones at the hospital two of them held me down while another hurt my hand."
She muttered the look in her eyes saying that she had found the experience terrifying and traumatic and she held out her left hand and you saw a pretty ad bruise and the tiny hole from an IV there, it was clear that either the nurse had been digging around to find a vein and the pale little hand was swollen.
He nodded, "Still, it's bad form to seriously injure someone doing their job, even if they're being ruthless and rough. Remember, sleepers can't mend broken bones with magic like we can, they have to go for weeks and months and wait for the bone to grow back together. There may come a day when you use a little too much force, and then there will be consequences... possibly consequences you will have to watch helplessly. You will be making friends over the coming months and years, but if you use excessive force to protect them, that may cause backlashes against them, in turn."

((OOC: Not so much goats, but there was an unfortunate amount of blue-white control dicks. I mean, decks. As for Nicole, no, it does not look like you've missed anything - perhaps she did? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat May 26, 2018 6:14 pm

He nodded, "I know, I know... but consider the term 'legal fiction'. Just because the law states something is true, does not mean that is true in practice - de jure versus de facto."

"There is a power in words; even if I have no intention of acting the part of a slave owner, others will be able to do so and at the end of the day my Name is associated with it, no matter how good my intentions are and no matter how...old fashioned the law may be. If I want to make a stand against such old laws and yet use one as a loophole my stance could be called into question. Saying and doing are not two things for me, I am under no illusion that if I agree to this I will be owning a person under the eyes of the law and that is an evil thing to do, amicus, even if it is to spare someone a worse evil. And do be clear that there will be restrictions based on that very law, that once signed will have to hold and they are not all pleasant. I do hope there is a third option, you know how I hate being given Hobson's choices."

"I would rather nobody else got caught in the crossfire, and that she won't have a couple of hours to build up a good angry before I get home... I would hope to let her know myself. Ideally, the rumour mill won't reach her before I do."

"Too late," he muttered about no one else in the crossfire. "Well, I will do my best but I can't say she won't find out ahead of your return."

"I do not think Dalisse would drop him off in the Deep Umbra - most likely, he either got off the ship in time, or he is now being digested. In any case, if you can reach him and Coawa, I will need to speak with them. I don't think it will do any good to just hand the reprimand duty over to someone else; he'll take it even less seriously if he is given orders by more and more junior members..."

"Perhaps, but as he doesn't seem to care how any reprimand arrives perhaps that is not the case. There is one other thing too, he is most interested in a certain ex-chorister and there is concern he may make something of a scene regarding her. If I am around then I may have to say something about that, but you should add that to your list of things to talk to him about, it will do nothing for his cause and may even work against what he wishes to do, the way he is going about it."

"I don't rightly know where she is - I know she was injured, and that Master Narim got her out using my emergency exit - but where she was placed after that, I do not know."

"Very well, when I can I will try to check in on her. I think that's everything for now," he said, with a sigh.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 26, 2018 7:08 pm

Colin nodded, "There were a few escapees, but by and large, the leaders were taken down and the Labyrinths are no longer there. A few stragglers can be... tracked down and taken out later."

"Well that is really good news, good riddence, fucking Nephandi."
Rebecca grumbeled.

He nodded, "And even then, a tail is not much of an inconvenience... I saw what happened to the second team that tried to take the Mercere Chantry in Gary... the survivors were... badly mutated."

"I know I saw then when they got back to the Labyrinth, it was bad, it often are."
Anna said sadly and looked down.
"Those who had those nasty backlashes did they die when the Labyrinth where taken Mentor?"
She asked softly.

He nodded, fishing out the bullet Dalisse had teleported from the Technocrat's head, "You came with a few of these... very effective against the Fallen, if unpleasant for them..."
He grimaced a little and pocketed it again, "I should clean this better before you get to handle it... it's been in an unpleasant place..."

Anna looked at the bullet.
"It makes me feel strange."
She anounced then she grimanced.
"And there is blood and a bit of brain on it I think."
She said sounding like these things she had seen before and she probably had.

He smiled, "I'm positive, you get to stay a Mage."

"Thank you."
The little girl muttered and she hugged you as well as she could with her hands chained, she looked very, very relied at those news.

He smiled thinly, "Of course I know you like pasta with pesto - I've seen the future, remember? As for how to read a person's energy flow - you would have to ask him - I have no understanding of the magics governing living things, I'm afraid."

"Is that what it is called Mentor? Pesto?"
Anna asked.
"That is a wierd word well anyway I do like it, it is my favorite."
She anounced.
"I guess I have to ask Dr Lee then."
She agreed and nodded.

He nodded, "Still, it's bad form to seriously injure someone doing their job, even if they're being ruthless and rough.

"So if someone gang up on another person and hurt them and it is their job to do so it is bad form to stop them? That is just wrong Mentor.."
Anna protested.
"I guess I will be doing things in bad form then."

Remember, sleepers can't mend broken bones with magic like we can, they have to go for weeks and months and wait for the bone to grow back together.

"Those nurses deserve it they held me down they hurt me first!"
The little girl declared.
"I would not kick them if they did not attack me first!"

There may come a day when you use a little too much force, and then there will be consequences... possibly consequences you will have to watch helplessly.

"Yeah they might call on their friends and try to overwealm me with numbers but that do not mean I am not going to defend myself Mentor."
Anna said and pouted.

You will be making friends over the coming months and years, but if you use excessive force to protect them, that may cause backlashes against them, in turn."

"Why would it hurt them if I protect them also what do you think I should do then just let someone get hurt?"
Anna asked clearly not understanding your point here.

(OOC: Everyone loves control decks. Have you played against the deck I have named Nope in the Ice? Razz )

(OOC 2: Huzzah 20 000 posts in the IC section. Everyone get 2 free exp to celebrate.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Anja's Post:

'Put it on a fold-out dolly, load it onto a pickup, cover it with a tarp.' Nicole replied, giving a little shrug. 'It does the job... yeah, plug it in...' checking the tool wasn't turned on, looking around for safety goggles and perhaps a pair of work gloves too...

[No, you didn't miss any of my posts: my InterWeb was saying no all day Friday and most of today. Checking Memberlist > [Username] > Statistics > Find all messages posted by [Username] would have shown my Thurs 24th was my last one. And that I'd not been on since. Plus; I poke you if you've skipped me over more than three posts for no reason].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 26, 2018 7:47 pm

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

'Put it on a fold-out dolly, load it onto a pickup, cover it with a tarp.' Nicole replied, giving a little shrug. 'It does the job... yeah, plug it in...' checking the tool wasn't turned on, looking around for safety goggles and perhaps a pair of work gloves too...

The old auto shop where rather dirty and run down, but the tools where somewhat organized so you found some goggels and a pair of work gloves. Violet nodded and plugged the saw in.
"So you just bring with you a fold out thingy and put a safe on that and off you go it it?"
She asked.

(OOC: Ok not a problem I just wanted to ask to be sure I had not missed any of your posts.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 26, 2018 8:00 pm

Your uncle said wryly.
"But no it seams like I am stuck with having a visit with my Mentor...that will be...ehm interesting."
He grumbeled.

"Ahhhh, fighting cyborgs and the men in black. The perfect distraction from your mother-in-law..err...I mean mentor." Serge said sarcastically hoping a couple of jokes would ease Ryan's stress.

Your uncle said wryly.
He grumbeled.
"Water and a cup of tea absolutely, however until the Chief give the all clear I want to be sober enough to help out if I have to, also remember that we are weakened right now, if I where a Technocratic Construct I would choose this time to attack us."
Ryan said then he frowned again.
"My teacher is...a brilliant mage Serge, skilled with magick, powerful, a force of nature, but she is also petty, cruel and her expectations are relentless..."
He said softly.
"Yes I think I would rather face more Nephandi than my Mentor right now."

"Right. I learned that fact about your mentor quite fast when I called her." Serge said nodding in a agreement, remembering the demanding nature of the Elder cultist. "But I think 'cruel' is a bit extreme don't you? She cares about her students even if she doesn't always show it. And you've fought against the Nephandi firsthand, she's gotta be proud of that!"

(OOC: Yay 20,000 posts  Razz  Razz ! )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next