Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 22 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 26, 2018 8:35 pm

Anja's Post:

'If the place has a big, solid safe.' Nicole replied, slipping on the gloves and goggles. 'But the kinds of houses which have them are usually harder nuts to crack anyway, so you'd come prepared. Smaller ones are usually shit little things which are mainly for fire purposes. Just pry it open or swipe the whole thing.' looking to see if anything needed to be moved to get good access to the safe.

[Just mentioning the lazy way I do to ensure I don't miss player posts. *smirk*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 22 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 26, 2018 9:06 pm

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"Ahhhh, fighting cyborgs and the men in black. The perfect distraction from your mother-in-law..err...I mean mentor." Serge said sarcastically hoping a couple of jokes would ease Ryan's stress.

"I am pretty sure it would be safer."
Ryan joked and he gave a wry smile and a chuckle.

"Right. I learned that fact about your mentor quite fast when I called her." Serge said nodding in a agreement, remembering the demanding nature of the Elder cultist. "But I think 'cruel' is a bit extreme don't you? She cares about her students even if she doesn't always show it. And you've fought against the Nephandi firsthand, she's gotta be proud of that!"

"I would reserve judgement until you have lived with the woman if I where you kid. But yes she cares, but the way she shows it is not always...appriciated. Also no she do not have to be proud of anything and I supect she will not be, she have a knack for finding my faults that woman."
Your uncle grumbeled.
"But I guess I have little other choice than to face her...damn..."
Ryan shook his head.
"Well to talk about something else, did everything go okey here at the Chantry while the rest of us where waist deep in eyeballs and wall grown penises?"
He asked and glanced over at you.

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

'If the place has a big, solid safe.' Nicole replied, slipping on the gloves and goggles. 'But the kinds of houses which have them are usually harder nuts to crack anyway, so you'd come prepared. Smaller ones are usually shit little things which are mainly for fire purposes. Just pry it open or swipe the whole thing.' looking to see if anything needed to be moved to get good access to the safe.

Moving one of the benches would make the work easier but you would not have to in order to get it done. Violet nodded.
"I see, that do make sense. I have my most valuable things in this little steel box, I guess that would not give much protection either you could just pick it up and carry it off."
She said and sigh.
"Do you need me to do something by the way Miss?"

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 26, 2018 9:10 pm

Anja's Post:

'If could could give me a hand to move this bench so I can get clear aim...' Nicole replied, nodding towards the offending object.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 26, 2018 9:23 pm

"I would reserve judgement until you have lived with the woman if I where you kid. But yes she cares, but the way she shows it is not always...appriciated. Also no she do not have to be proud of anything and I supect she will not be, she have a knack for finding my faults that woman."
Your uncle grumbeled.
"But I guess I have little other choice than to face her...damn..."
Ryan shook his head.
"Well to talk about something else, did everything go okey here at the Chantry while the rest of us where waist deep in eyeballs and wall grown penises?"
He asked and glanced over at you.

"Wish I could tell you but I was helping Rosa take care of the mage children the entire time." Serge said a embarrassed by the large differences between what Ryan had been through compared to what he had been through.

"But from what I've seen the chantry seems all right. Really empty while you were gone but all right in the end. Their were a few people who were teleported in that needed to be calmed down but I managed to ease their pain." he explained to Ryan, remembering the Templar women he had met a while ago. "I can't actually remember if anything happen, which should show how little actually happened. At least on my end."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 26, 2018 9:24 pm

[Morgan's Shuttle, 3:30 PM]
"There is a power in words; even if I have no intention of acting the part of a slave owner, others will be able to do so and at the end of the day my Name is associated with it, no matter how good my intentions are and no matter how...old fashioned the law may be. If I want to make a stand against such old laws and yet use one as a loophole my stance could be called into question. Saying and doing are not two things for me, I am under no illusion that if I agree to this I will be owning a person under the eyes of the law and that is an evil thing to do, amicus, even if it is to spare someone a worse evil. And do be clear that there will be restrictions based on that very law, that once signed will have to hold and they are not all pleasant. I do hope there is a third option, you know how I hate being given Hobson's choices."
Colin paused for a few moments, thinking, "I know... I know. It is a rotten situation, made worse by the fact that the only reason you would even consider it is to shelter someone from..."
He frowned, "Wait, is it binding 'once signed', or 'once filed by a Quaesitor'? Because there might be a way to get around it... The order has an immense bureaucracy, as I understand it, serving in large part as the backbone of the Traditions in that regard. Check with Master Steelhaven about the specifics - if a legal argument can be made that it must be filed with an Enforcer, the paperwork could be... written up so as to include a clause about a limitation of duration for indentured servitude to be until, say, the captive has been rid of all Investments or for as long as Vittoria D'Angelo is Senior Quasitor for the Boston Tribunal, whichever is shorter... and then make sure that a Mercere you can trust is given the letter to be 'accidentally' misplaced in the mail until either condition is met, rendering the whole slavery situation moot in the first place. I don't know if such a maneuver, or anything similar, would hold up under the slightest scrutiny, but the Deacon Primus would know. It's the best sneaky maneuver I can come up with right now, and I'm sorry it still won't leave you smelling quite like roses... perhaps something better might come along after a good night's sleep, Heavens know I need that, but I have quite a full plate right now, and I am not a legal expert, after all... just a bit unorthodox."

"Too late," he muttered about no one else in the crossfire. "Well, I will do my best but I can't say she won't find out ahead of your return."
He sighed, "Well, in any case, could you do me an immense favour and check which florists are open on Sundays, preferably between the airport and the Chantry? I'd rather not taking any needless chances..."

"Perhaps, but as he doesn't seem to care how any reprimand arrives perhaps that is not the case. There is one other thing too, he is most interested in a certain ex-chorister and there is concern he may make something of a scene regarding her. If I am around then I may have to say something about that, but you should add that to your list of things to talk to him about, it will do nothing for his cause and may even work against what he wishes to do, the way he is going about it."
He frowned, "Ah, yes, that, too... If you could try to get a concise summary of people and offenses by the time i get home, I will do what i can to impress upon him the seriousness of his actions."

"Very well, when I can I will try to check in on her. I think that's everything for now," he said, with a sigh.
He nodded, scritching the back of his neck, "Right, good, thank you... I'm sorry I could not be more helpful with the ethical problem, but this whole situation needs to be resolved within the letter of the law, so if we have to try some legal gymnastics that would put the Olympics to shame..."

[Morningstar, 4:30 PM]
"Well that is really good news, good riddence, fucking Nephandi."
Rebecca grumbeled.
He nodded, then frowned, "I must admit to feeling a bit torn on the issue... While they are a threat, they're still people... Not all of them evil, either."

"I know I saw then when they got back to the Labyrinth, it was bad, it often are."
Anna said sadly and looked down.
"Those who had those nasty backlashes did they die when the Labyrinth where taken Mentor?"
She asked softly.
He nodded, "i believe they were all killed, rather than captured, yes..."

Anna looked at the bullet.
"It makes me feel strange."
She anounced then she grimanced.
"And there is blood and a bit of brain on it I think."
She said sounding like these things she had seen before and she probably had.
He nodded, "Like I said, an unpleasant place... a pair of Fallen Technocrats abducted Heather here... I'm going to let someone from the Union know about those compromised members when we get back to Boston; can't have them recover and keep their shit up."

"Thank you."
The little girl muttered and she hugged you as well as she could with her hands chained, she looked very, very relied at those news.
He smiled and hugged her back, "Don't worry, Sweetie; I'm here to put up a fight for you, and between your lawyer, Present Me and Future Me, we should be able to take the prosecution for a spin they'll never see coming."

"Is that what it is called Mentor? Pesto?"
Anna asked.
"That is a wierd word well anyway I do like it, it is my favorite."
She anounced.
"I guess I have to ask Dr Lee then."
She agreed and nodded.
He nodded and grinned, "Which reminds me, I should ask our lawyer if she has a favourite recipe for it - she's Italian, and a good cook, to boot. in fact, the two of us will have a cook-off to determine whose kitchen is superior."

"So if someone gang up on another person and hurt them and it is their job to do so it is bad form to stop them? That is just wrong Mentor.."
Anna protested.
"I guess I will be doing things in bad form then."
He smiled, "All in context... Medical personnel try to save lives, and injuring them will make it harder for them to save lives. Police may have to be rough to stop a violent criminal, and getting in their way is dangerous for everyone involved. The fire brigade may have to knock a panicked person out to carry them to safety from a fire, and it's definitely not a good idea to get in the way of that... A street gang dragging someone into a back alley, on the other hand, that's fair game. Always look at the context."

"Those nurses deserve it they held me down they hurt me first!"
The little girl declared.
"I would not kick them if they did not attack me first!"
He nodded, "And I am not saying you should not defend yourself - just that there are ways to do pacify a person without doing lasting damage."

"Yeah they might call on their friends and try to overwealm me with numbers but that do not mean I am not going to defend myself Mentor."
Anna said and pouted.
"Why would it hurt them if I protect them also what do you think I should do then just let someone get hurt?"
Anna asked clearly not understanding your point here.
He sighed, "Because sometimes, you won't be able to keep protecting someone for long at a time, more so if you use a direct, violent approach. Which is why you'll need a wider repertoire of tricks, preferably including ways to temporarily pacify someone without injuring them. Dr. Lee will know a number of useful methods for doing so physically, and I will include a few methods for ruining someone's day in your training - controlling the space and luck on the battlefield is immensely powerful."

((OOC: W00t, 20K posts. Unrelated, I had an epiphany. In Avengers: Infinity War, there's a point where Doctor Strange looks through some 14 million possible futures. That's an Entropy 2, Time 2 effect, unless I'm sorely mistaken, but HOLY CRAP that's a lot of successes. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 26, 2018 9:47 pm

Violet nodded and she came over to the benchn to help you move it to the side.
"Sure thing Miss."

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"Wish I could tell you but I was helping Rosa take care of the mage children the entire time." Serge said a embarrassed by the large differences between what Ryan had been through compared to what he had been through.

"Sounds like a pretty useful use of your time, some would have to watch the kids and make sure they did not get scared while all this was going on."
Ryan said and he did not seam to look down on you for taking on the task of apprentice sitter.

"But from what I've seen the chantry seems all right. Really empty but all right in the end. Their were a few people who were teleported in that needed to be calmed down but I managed to ease their pain." he explained to Ryan, remembering the Templar women he had met a while ago. "I can't actually remember if anything happen, which should show how little actually happened. At least on my end."

"Good to hear, and the Chantry is not empty anymore."
Ryan said.
"Everyone from Steelhaven made it back alive though not every Chantry was as lucky."
He said solemnly.
"Westchapel lost an entire Cabal."
Ryan said solemnly.
"At least for now those of us here are safe."

[Colin] (Morningstar 4:30 in the afternoon)

He nodded, then frowned, "I must admit to feeling a bit torn on the issue... While they are a threat, they're still people... Not all of them evil, either."

"Sure they are pepole, but they are pepole who want us all not to exist so I am nto shedding any tears when they die."
Rebeccca said and frowned.

He nodded, "i believe they were all killed, rather than captured, yes..."

Anna nodded at that and sigh sadly.
"A small mercy then Mentor."

He nodded, "Like I said, an unpleasant place... a pair of Fallen Technocrats abducted Heather here... I'm going to let someone from the Union know about those compromised members when we get back to Boston; can't have them recover and keep their shit up."

"It is not nice to kidnap pepole. If you describe them to me Mentor I might know them. I mean Nephandi are not very social but sometimes we get visits from other Labyrinths."
Anna offered.

He smiled and hugged her back, "Don't worry, Sweetie; I'm here to put up a fight for you, and between your lawyer, Present Me and Future Me, we should be able to take the prosecution for a spin they'll never see coming."

The little girl smiled a little and nodded.
"Good that is good. I am still a bit afraid of this trial though...what if it all go wrong?"
She whispered.

He nodded and grinned, "Which reminds me, I should ask our lawyer if she has a favourite recipe for it - she's Italian, and a good cook, to boot. in fact, the two of us will have a cook-off to determine whose kitchen is superior."

"Well not that is a duel I would not mind being the judge of."
Anna said happily.
"There are many different recepies for pesto?"
She asked.
"My former Mentor always made it from a can for me."

He smiled, "All in context... Medical personnel try to save lives, and injuring them will make it harder for them to save lives. Police may have to be rough to stop a violent criminal, and getting in their way is dangerous for everyone involved. The fire brigade may have to knock a panicked person out to carry them to safety from a fire, and it's definitely not a good idea to get in the way of that... A street gang dragging someone into a back alley, on the other hand, that's fair game. Always look at the context."

Saving lives is good Mentor but when a patient do not want the treatment they offer and then they try to hold that patient down and force them then that is not ok and then I think it is perfectly fine to hurt them to get them to stop. Police do a good job to but when they attack someone who is inocent or use to much force then I see nothing wrong with defending that person."
Anna protested.

He nodded, "And I am not saying you should not defend yourself - just that there are ways to do pacify a person without doing lasting damage."

"Perhaps if they are hurt a bit they learn not to do the same thing again."
The little girl protested.
"Like when Defiler of Rats decided to have sex with the wall, he will not be doing that again."

He sighed, "Because sometimes, you won't be able to keep protecting someone for long at a time, more so if you use a direct, violent approach. Which is why you'll need a wider repertoire of tricks, preferably including ways to temporarily pacify someone without injuring them. Dr. Lee will know a number of useful methods for doing so physically, and I will include a few methods for ruining someone's day in your training - controlling the space and luck on the battlefield is immensely powerful."

"Sure the most important thing is to get the one you are protecting away from danger, so if that is best done by temporarily stunning someone or knocking them out and running I have no problems with that Mentor the only thing I am protesting is the notion that it is morally wrong for me to hurt someone who are trying to hurt me or someone I care about even if they are doing their job by doing so, if they attack me or my friends they are asking for it."
The little girl said stubbornly, she would not so earilly be pusuaded away from the noble art of nurse kicking.

(OOC: Dr Strenge are playing by no cap 2 ed rules. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 26, 2018 9:53 pm

Nicole gave a nod, and moved up to the bench to move it out of the way.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 26, 2018 9:58 pm

"Sounds like a pretty useful use of your time, some would have to watch the kids and make sure they did not get scared while all this was going on."
Ryan said and he did not seam to look down on you for taking on the task of apprentice sitter.

"Those kids are a lot tougher than you'd think." Serge said with a smile. "Their scared but they don't let it show. At least I helped get their mind off of their troubles, if only for a small amount of time."

"Good to hear, and the Chantry is not empty anymore."
Ryan said.
"Everyone from Steelhaven made it back alive though not every Chantry was as lucky."
He said solemnly.
"Westchapel lost an entire Cabal."
Ryan said solemnly.
"At least for now those of us here are safe."

"Yeah...." Serge said sadly, not fond of hearing the news of an entire cabal being decimated. "Well I guess it was wishful thinking to expect something like this with zero casualties. At least we're safe now."

Taking another glance at Ryan's legs Serge said, "You should probably get some rest yourself while you wait for your turn to get heal. Standing on your injured leg probably isn't doing wonder's for it."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat May 26, 2018 10:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 26, 2018 10:25 pm

"Those kids are a lot tougher than you'd think." Serge said with a smile. "Their scared but they don't let it show. At least I helped get their mind of their, if only for a small amount of time."

"You did well Serge, those kids will one day become powerful mages, some of those we can put the hope of the Traditions on and you have helped keep them safe and sound, it might not be glorious work to babysit but it is non the less important."
Ryan said and he gave you a warm smile.

"Yeah...." Serge said sadly, not fond of hearing the news of an entire cabal being decimated. "Well I guess it was wishful thinking to expect something like this with zero casualties. At least we're safe now."

"We knew there would be losses, and they where less than expected, but that do not mean the losses hurt any less."
Your Uncle said and sigh.
"Unfortunatly in war pepole die."
He muttered sadly.

Taking another glance at Ryan's legs Serge said, "You should probably get some rest yourself while you wait for your turn to get heal. Standing on your injured leg probably isn't doing wonder's for it."

"Probably not then again the bone is not broken and I am not bleeding so I doubt I do allot of harm to it either while waiting."
Ryan said.
"Don't worry about it I am fine I am hoping Mr Rush can heal me as I do not feel like limping for a few weeks while it heals, it would crimp my style, I am not seriously hurt just bruised."
He assurred you.

Nicole gave a nod, and moved up to the bench to move it out of the way.

You and Violet got the work bench out of the way so you could easilly get to the safe. Violet looked like she suddenly thought of something.
"Ehm Miss should I call in with one of the leaders of the attack teams to say that we are safe and got out of the Labyrinth ok and that we are just going through this place and handeling a few things so they will not get worried about us?"
She asked.
"We do not want them to think we are halfway to the Deep Umbra by now after all."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 26, 2018 10:52 pm

Anja's Post:

The large woman considered this for a moment, then nodded. 'If you can find a place which isn't within earshot of the Mirrorshade and not drowned out by the grinder.' picking up the tool and eyeing up the safe on the best "angle of attack".
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 26, 2018 10:56 pm

If any of you can see this....Hi!
"You did well Serge, those kids will one day become powerful mages, some of those we can put the hope of the Traditions on and you have helped keep them safe and sound, it might not be glorious work to babysit but it is non the less important."
Ryan said and he gave you a warm smile.

A warm smile appeared on Serge's face. He was clearly enjoying the praise being given to him.

"We knew there would be losses, and they where less than expected, but that do not mean the losses hurt any less."
Your Uncle said and sigh.
"Unfortunatly in war pepole die."
He muttered sadly.

"It does hurt doesn't it. But as long as we continue to remember them they don't ever truly die. Their contributions will live on and the work they did will ensure people will live in the future." Serge said softly.

"Probably not then again the bone is not broken and I am not bleeding so I doubt I do allot of harm to it either while waiting."
Ryan said.
"Don't worry about it I am fine I am hoping Mr Rush can heal me as I do not feel like limping for a few weeks while it heals, it would crimp my style, I am not seriously hurt just bruised."
He assurred you.

"Crimp your style? Wouldn't it add to it? The cool gangsta violin playa walkin down the mean streets with a limp to show that he's a fighter and that you don't mess with him." Serge joked imagining gangster Ryan limping down the ghetto menacingly holding a violin bow instead of a gun.

"But it's cool to know that your not seriously hurt. After seeing panic attacks, exploding hands, and exposed spines I'm getting nervous as to what kind of shit is happening to you guys out there."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 26, 2018 11:09 pm

"Sure they are pepole, but they are pepole who want us all not to exist so I am nto shedding any tears when they die."
Rebeccca said and frowned.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "And yet you offered your own blood to save one... That's the rub, not all of them want universal nonexistence, either; a substantial share only want that for themselves... and some just want to shit on everything, with no deeper care for Descension... And a very few don't genuinely want that, either. It is a lot more fucked up than most think..."

Anna nodded at that and sigh sadly.
"A small mercy then Mentor."
He nodded, "Some times, that's all anyone can do..."

"It is not nice to kidnap pepole. If you describe them to me Mentor I might know them. I mean Nephandi are not very social but sometimes we get visits from other Labyrinths."
Anna offered.
He pondered, "One large, black man, black hair and dark eyes, and one tall, thin red-headed man with blue eyes. I'm afraid I did not have the time to study them closely for distinguishing features, seeing as i was trying to pull off a high-speed rescue operation between a Nephandi Battlecruiser in Boston's shadow and a moving car in Chicago..."

The little girl smiled a little and nodded.
"Good that is good. I am still a bit afraid of this trial though...what if it all go wrong?"
She whispered.
He frowned, "There will be a few scary moments, I'm afraid... not getting around that. But even now, I am preparing for the actually dangerous things, to have the counter prepared in advance. There are few things more dangerous than a Chronomancer with time to prepare..."

"Well not that is a duel I would not mind being the judge of."
Anna said happily.
"There are many different recepies for pesto?"
She asked.
"My former Mentor always made it from a can for me."
He shrugged, grinning, "I'm afraid there's going to be heavy competition for that panel of judges - though I'm sure there'll be room to sneak off a few extra portions, all the same. As for how many recipes there are - depends on how finely you make the distinctions. Some would argue there's only one recipe with a few hundred thousand major variations, and a few million minor ones. But making it from scratch is almost always better than store bought."

Saving lives is good Mentor but when a patient do not want the treatment they offer and then they try to hold that patient down and force them then that is not ok and then I think it is perfectly fine to hurt them to get them to stop. Police do a good job to but when they attack someone who is inocent or use to much force then I see nothing wrong with defending that person."
Anna protested.
He nodded, "And you are right - but some times, a patient does not know what is best for them, and some times, the nurses don't know what is best for the patient. And it's often hard to tell whether the police is fighting an innocent or guilty person... and assaulting a police officer is always a dangerous thing to do. Like I said, context is key, and a rash action can be just as bad, or even worse than taking a moment to assess the situation. I'm not saying you should not help people, just that you need to consider non-violent options from time to time. Believe me, one of the most important lessons a soldier can learn is when not to shoot..."

"Perhaps if they are hurt a bit they learn not to do the same thing again."
The little girl protested.
"Like when Defiler of Rats decided to have sex with the wall, he will not be doing that again."
He grimaced, "The distinction between 'hurt' and 'lasting injury'. Defiler of Rats earned himself a rather permanent injury for letting his dick make his bad decisions. A little pain is vastly different from having bits bitten off."

"Sure the most important thing is to get the one you are protecting away from danger, so if that is best done by temporarily stunning someone or knocking them out and running I have no problems with that Mentor the only thing I am protesting is the notion that it is morally wrong for me to hurt someone who are trying to hurt me or someone I care about even if they are doing their job by doing so, if they attack me or my friends they are asking for it."
The little girl said stubbornly, she would not so earilly be pusuaded away from the noble art of nurse kicking.
He nodded, "Again, it's not dissuading nurses that is the point of contention, but risking lasting harm to them. Tripping them, tossing them out of the way so you and your friend can escape, that's alright, but injuring them is going to have consequences, and can get other people hurt down the road. It's like throwing a pebble in a pond and watching the waves ripple outward; how far out can you control what the waves hit?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 27, 2018 7:28 am

"It does hurt doesn't it. But as long as we continue to remember them they don't ever truly die. Their contributions will live on and the work they did will ensure people will live in the future." Serge said softly.

Ryan nodded at that.
"They will be remembered and the sacrifice they made will be honored. A memorial service will be held once everything settle down but yes it do hurt, after all there are not that many mages in Boston, most of us knew one another...fuck the Nephandi why did they feel the need to start this shit."
He muttered sounding frustrated.

"Crimp your style? Wouldn't it add to it? The cool gangsta violin playa walkin down the mean streets with a limp to show that he's a fighter and that you don't mess with him." Serge joked imagining gangster Ryan limping down the ghetto menacingly holding a violin bow instead of a gun.

"Well I do not play violin, that would be Rosa. And also I do not really want to appear gangsta, I am a lover not e figther."
Your uncle said and grinned.

"But it's cool to know that your not seriously hurt. After seeing panic attacks, exploding hands, and exposed spines I'm getting nervous as to what kind of shit is happening to you guys out there."

"Some of what happened...where bad..."
Ryan said and he was silet for a moment looking down at his hands before continuing.
"And some of what we did...where bad, but I am fine, I was not seriously harmed. I got lucky."

[Colin] (Morningstar 4:30 in the afternoon)

Colin arched an eyebrow, "And yet you offered your own blood to save one... That's the rub, not all of them want universal nonexistence, either; a substantial share only want that for themselves... and some just want to shit on everything, with no deeper care for Descension... And a very few don't genuinely want that, either. It is a lot more fucked up than most think..."

"She is a kid, not currently trying to harm anyone so that is a little different, but the Nephandi as a group get no sympathy, they are simply the enemy along with the Mirrorshades. The Marauders can get to live as long as they stay the fuck away but those other to no I have no problem killing them."
Rebecca said firmly.

He nodded, "Some times, that's all anyone can do..."

The little girl gave you a knowing look and nodded at that.

He pondered, "One large, black man, black hair and dark eyes, and one tall, thin red-headed man with blue eyes. I'm afraid I did not have the time to study them closely for distinguishing features, seeing as i was trying to pull off a high-speed rescue operation between a Nephandi Battlecruiser in Boston's shadow and a moving car in Chicago..."

"That is an impressive rescue operation Mentor."
Anna said and Heather smiled at that.
"I have seen a tall, thin red haired man visit a few times, a Fallen Techocrat still living with the Union as a plant, I do not know his name though or which Labyrinth he belong to, sorry Mentor."
The little girl said and sigh.

He frowned, "There will be a few scary moments, I'm afraid... not getting around that. But even now, I am preparing for the actually dangerous things, to have the counter prepared in advance. There are few things more dangerous than a Chronomancer with time to prepare..."

"But you are sure...are sure it will go well right Mentor?"
Anna said nervously.
"That they will not Gilgul me?"
She whispered shivering at the word.
"Will you stay with me the whole time Mentor?"
She begged and reached for your hand.

He shrugged, grinning, "I'm afraid there's going to be heavy competition for that panel of judges - though I'm sure there'll be room to sneak off a few extra portions, all the same.

"I can settle for a taste."
Anna said and grinned.

As for how many recipes there are - depends on how finely you make the distinctions. Some would argue there's only one recipe with a few hundred thousand major variations, and a few million minor ones. But making it from scratch is almost always better than store bought."

"That is allot of ways to make green pasta."
Anna said seaming impressed.
"Do home made taste better than store bought? I have not had allot of home made food, some and that was good but not allot."

He nodded, "And you are right - but some times, a patient does not know what is best for them, and some times, the nurses don't know what is best for the patient.

"Yes but it is not right to hold pepole down and froce treatment on them!"
Anna said stubbornly.
"They hurt my hand!"
She said and she pointed to the buises as proof.

And it's often hard to tell whether the police is fighting an innocent or guilty person... and assaulting a police officer is always a dangerous thing to do. Like I said, context is key, and a rash action can be just as bad, or even worse than taking a moment to assess the situation. I'm not saying you should not help people, just that you need to consider non-violent options from time to time. Believe me, one of the most important lessons a soldier can learn is when not to shoot..."

Anna considered this.
"Hum...I guess you are right Mentor that taking the time to assess the situation is important, and if non violent options are faster and easier they can be used, but I still think those nurses at the hospital and that nurse here deserved it!"
She said.
"I do not need to assess that they tried to hurt me!"

He grimaced, "The distinction between 'hurt' and 'lasting injury'. Defiler of Rats earned himself a rather permanent injury for letting his dick make his bad decisions. A little pain is vastly different from having bits bitten off."

"True but those nurses are probably going to hold down other children and poke them with needles now since I only broke the nose of one of them."
Anna said.
"If they had been serously hurt they would not be able to do that."

He nodded, "Again, it's not dissuading nurses that is the point of contention, but risking lasting harm to them.

"But if they harm others is it not okey to also harm them Mentor?"

Tripping them, tossing them out of the way so you and your friend can escape, that's alright, but injuring them is going to have consequences, and can get other people hurt down the road. It's like throwing a pebble in a pond and watching the waves ripple outward; how far out can you control what the waves hit?"

"What consequenses Mentor? And how will it get anyone hurt down the road?"
The little girl asked then she sigh.
"But I guess if you insist I can try to get them out of the way without harming them permanently...try if they keep coming at me or my friends I give no promises."
She agreed grudingly though she clearly thought trying to stick a needle in someone against their will was a cime worthy of some serious harm.

The large woman considered this for a moment, then nodded. 'If you can find a place which isn't within earshot of the Mirrorshade and not drowned out by the grinder.'

"If I go halfway down the corridor we went through to get to the workshop then he should not be able to hear me Miss."
Violet said and pulled her phone out.
"I will be right back then."

picking up the tool and eyeing up the safe on the best "angle of attack".

Probably at the sides you reckong the metal was thinnest there.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 27, 2018 8:42 am

"I know... I know. It is a rotten situation, made worse by the fact that the only reason you would even consider it is to shelter someone from..."He frowned, "Wait, is it binding 'once signed', or 'once filed by a Quaesitor'? Because there might be a way to get around it... The order has an immense bureaucracy, as I understand it, serving in large part as the backbone of the Traditions in that regard. Check with Master Steelhaven about the specifics - if a legal argument can be made that it must be filed with an Enforcer, the paperwork could be... written up so as to include a clause about a limitation of duration for indentured servitude to be until, say, the captive has been rid of all Investments or for as long as Vittoria D'Angelo is Senior Quasitor for the Boston Tribunal, whichever is shorter... and then make sure that a Mercere you can trust is given the letter to be 'accidentally' misplaced in the mail until either condition is met, rendering the whole slavery situation moot in the first place. I don't know if such a maneuver, or anything similar, would hold up under the slightest scrutiny, but the Deacon Primus would know. It's the best sneaky maneuver I can come up with right now, and I'm sorry it still won't leave you smelling quite like roses... perhaps something better might come along after a good night's sleep, Heavens know I need that, but I have quite a full plate right now, and I am not a legal expert, after all... just a bit unorthodox."

"I'm not sure, this is not something I am familiar with but my belief is that it is enacted when signed, at least in a probationary manner. It wouldn't be good if it weren't, considering. However, even if such clauses could be added and it is likely some can, we cannot simply say something like that - there would be room to maneuver around anything to narrow, and too broad might not be what we're after. But I shall ask for assistance if I can to craft something. I don't want...another loophole exploited. I'm not sure if we're going to get a 'night's rest beforehand or not. Hence my call."

"Well, in any case, could you do me an immense favour and check which florists are open on Sundays, preferably between the airport and the Chantry? I'd rather not taking any needless chances..."

He gave a laugh. "You'd better do better than flowers...but it's a start, finding good shops open on a Sunday's not going to be too easy outside a grocery."

"Well, in any case, could you do me an immense favour and check which florists are open on Sundays, preferably between the airport and the Chantry? I'd rather not taking any needless chances..."

"I hope that's the extent of it."

"Right, good, thank you... I'm sorry I could not be more helpful with the ethical problem, but this whole situation needs to be resolved within the letter of the law, so if we have to try some legal gymnastics that would put the Olympics to shame..."

He sighed. "I'll do my best. Safe travelling," he said and clicked the phone off unless Colin had more to say. Next he gently snuffed the candle out and stored it away and called Freddy.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 27, 2018 9:54 am

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

You called Freddy and after a few rings the young Virtual Adept answered.
"Ah Ad...ehm do you still prefer me not to say your name over the phone?"
She asked as she stopped herself from speaking your name.
"What can I do for you? Your brother is still sleeping if that is what you where wondering about."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 27, 2018 10:46 am

Ryan nodded at that.
"They will be remembered and the sacrifice they made will be honored. A memorial service will be held once everything settle down but yes it do hurt, after all there are not that many mages in Boston, most of us knew one another...fuck the Nephandi why did they feel the need to start this shit."
He muttered sounding frustrated.

"Who knows? There's probably a bunch of reasons." Serge said sadly. "Maybe they hated life and wanted to bring everyone down with them. Maybe they wanted to get revenge on the Technocracy and Traditions. Maybe their just crazy or had no where else to go....but the fact of the matter is that what their doing is inexcusable and today we struck a major blow against them. They may have started this but we're getting closer to ending it."

"Well I do not play violin, that would be Rosa. And also I do not really want to appear gangsta, I am a lover not e figther."
Your uncle said and grinned.

"Wait...what? I was sure you played the violin!" Serge said looking at his uncle with a confused look on his face.

"When I saw you fighting I remember you using violin music....at least I think you were?"

"Some of what happened...where bad..."
Ryan said and he was silet for a moment looking down at his hands before continuing.
"And some of what we did...where bad, but I am fine, I was not seriously harmed. I got lucky."

"After the shit you've suffered we could use all the luck we can get. It's good to hear your not seriously injured. You get some rest now. I have to go try and resuscitate a man with some fish and then visit another guy in his dreams." Serge said with a wry grin.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 27, 2018 12:10 pm

"I'm not sure, this is not something I am familiar with but my belief is that it is enacted when signed, at least in a probationary manner. It wouldn't be good if it weren't, considering. However, even if such clauses could be added and it is likely some can, we cannot simply say something like that - there would be room to maneuver around anything to narrow, and too broad might not be what we're after. But I shall ask for assistance if I can to craft something. I don't want...another loophole exploited. I'm not sure if we're going to get a 'night's rest beforehand or not. Hence my call."
Colin nodded, "Right... Far as I can tell, there's only so much we can do to soften what Fate has in stock for someone... I believe our best chance is to expose the Italians, so that all the pain and suffering they have and will cause is finally reflected on them - those two are the source of it all, both for Anna and Cecilia, so our target is clear... but it will take months to reach that goal even if everything aligns perfectly, I'm afraid... Still, tonight might be the perfect time to bring Master Tolle into the plan, as he would be the perfect man to prosecute them..."

He gave a laugh. "You'd better do better than flowers...but it's a start, finding good shops open on a Sunday's not going to be too easy outside a grocery."
He smiled wryly, "Oh, I do have better, but that's going to take some time; flowers would be a stopgap measure."

"I hope that's the extent of it."
He sighed, "Well, there's only so far I can stretch for the young man... If necessary, I will personally co-sign the complaints against him and throw him out of the Cabal to protect us all... the man has a unique talent, though, and I would far prefer to save that, but if push comes to shove..."

He sighed. "I'll do my best. Safe travelling," he said and clicked the phone off unless Colin had more to say. Next he gently snuffed the candle out and stored it away and called Freddy.
He nodded, "I'll do my best, too - and I'll try to bring back my lawyer, as well."
He hung up, took a deep breath, and returned to the copilot's seat, "This is indeed one of those days..."

"She is a kid, not currently trying to harm anyone so that is a little different, but the Nephandi as a group get no sympathy, they are simply the enemy along with the Mirrorshades. The Marauders can get to live as long as they stay the fuck away but those other to no I have no problem killing them."
Rebecca said firmly.
He nodded, "That's fair."

"That is an impressive rescue operation Mentor."
Anna said and Heather smiled at that.
"I have seen a tall, thin red haired man visit a few times, a Fallen Techocrat still living with the Union as a plant, I do not know his name though or which Labyrinth he belong to, sorry Mentor."
The little girl said and sigh.
He nodded, "I'm sure it doesn't matter if we know his name or not - the Union should still be able to identify the men in question from the description of the circumstances in which they were found."

"But you are sure...are sure it will go well right Mentor?"
Anna said nervously.
"That they will not Gilgul me?"
She whispered shivering at the word.
"Will you stay with me the whole time Mentor?"
She begged and reached for your hand.
He nodded, then paused for a moment as he took her hand gently, "I'm sure your Avatar will be safe, and that all will be well, but there will be a few times when I will have to leave you in a cell. I will not like that, either, but at least the law will shelter you still; as my apprentice, nobody will be allowed to remove you from the cell or interrogate you without me or your lawyer present."

"I can settle for a taste."
Anna said and grinned.
He grinned, "There just might be enough for that, yes."

"That is allot of ways to make green pasta."
Anna said seaming impressed.
"Do home made taste better than store bought? I have not had allot of home made food, some and that was good but not allot."
He nodded, "Home made usually tastes better and is healthier - store bought tends to be bland and inoffensive, which is rather unimpressive. And usually using mediocre ingredients and far too much corn syrup."

"Yes but it is not right to hold pepole down and froce treatment on them!"
Anna said stubbornly.
"They hurt my hand!"
She said and she pointed to the buises as proof.
He nodded, "And in your case, you were right. But patients are not always in their right mind when they resist treatment; some times, they might be hallucinating, or under the influence of drugs, and that can be hard for the nurses to work out in a crisis. They have to do what they can to save a patient's life as best as they can see fit; in your case, they had no way of knowing that your wound was healing magically, and so they had to do what they thought was right... They were wrong, but they couldn't have known that."

Anna considered this.
"Hum...I guess you are right Mentor that taking the time to assess the situation is important, and if non violent options are faster and easier they can be used, but I still think those nurses at the hospital and that nurse here deserved it!"
She said.
"I do not need to assess that they tried to hurt me!"
He nodded, "The nurses at the hospital tried to help you, but hurt you in the process, I am not entirely sure I agree they deserved to be injured for it. The nurse here defied clear orders, and I have filed a legal complaint against her for it."

"True but those nurses are probably going to hold down other children and poke them with needles now since I only broke the nose of one of them."
Anna said.
"If they had been serously hurt they would not be able to do that."
He frowned, "The one with the broken nose will probably have trouble seeing straight, and won't be able to work for a few days... If she is the primary source of income for her family, that might mean they have a few very lean days coming, which is not a good thing in this economy... So your breaking her nose, even in self defense, may have caused harm to others down the line as a consequence."

"But if they harm others is it not okey to also harm them Mentor?"
He shook his head, "If they are deliberately trying to inflict injury, then that's one thing, but if they are trying to help someone, causing minor damage in the process, that's very different. It's like with CPR; often, the patient ends up with fractured ribs while someone tries to pump their heart back to work, but that's considered acceptable collateral damage; ribs heal, but most people don't get back up if their heart stops."

"What consequenses Mentor? And how will it get anyone hurt down the road?"
The little girl asked then she sigh.
"But I guess if you insist I can try to get them out of the way without harming them permanently...try if they keep coming at me or my friends I give no promises."
She agreed grudingly though she clearly thought trying to stick a needle in someone against their will was a cime worthy of some serious harm.
He thought for a moment, "Let's say you push aside a nurse harmlessly, to save a friend from being hurt. That nurse later goes on to check on a patient who goes into shock, and her quick reactions save that patient's life. Alternatively, you kick the nurse's leg, breaking a bone. In this timeline, she can't go to check on that patient at that time, and the patient dies before someone notices... That's how small the margins can be in a hospital - there are so many sick and injured there, and the staff tries to save as many as possible. If the nurses are harmed, people will be more likely to die... and as your insights into the mysteries of Time grow, you just might start seeing how those timelines branch off, and what responsibility eventually lies with you..."

He sighed softly, "But, back to more pleasant topics... Harmony, you were explaining how the collar works?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 27, 2018 12:57 pm

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Who knows? There's probably a bunch of reasons." Serge said sadly. "Maybe they hated life and wanted to bring everyone down with them. Maybe they wanted to get revenge on the Technocracy and Traditions. Maybe their just crazy or had no where else to go....but the fact of the matter is that what their doing is inexcusable and today we struck a major blow against them. They may have started this but we're getting closer to ending it."

"Well my question was rethorical Serge we know why they did it, the assholes want to world to end, or rather to have never existed and that is not acceptable you are right about that. Now when that is said we are winning against the Labyrinths involved in this plot but as for winning the war in general, no I doubt we are very much closer there, we have been at war with the Nephandi for six hundred years after all they have allot more than these two labyrinths, hopefully things will calm down in Boston for a while after this though."
Ryan said and frowned.

"Wait...what? I was sure you played the violin!" Serge said looking at his uncle with a confused look on his face.

"When I saw you fighting I remember you using violin music....at least I think you were?"

Your uncle shook his head and patted his MP3 player in his pocket.
"I am afraid you remember that wrong kid, I use music to get into the altered state of conciousness I need for my magick but generally I put something on my Ipod and listen to it. I can play the piano but usually I just listen to music while working."

"After the shit you've suffered we could use all the luck we can get. It's good to hear your not seriously injured. You get some rest now. I have to go try and resuscitate a man with some fish and then visit another guy in his dreams." Serge said with a wry grin.

"The fun never end I understand...well I am going to get this leg healed and then go and see if they need any help downstairs...see you later kid."
The Cultist said as Ingmar Rush made his way over to him.
"Ok if you come over here and sit down I will fix you right up."
The Verbena said to your uncle before he gave you a nod and a gruff shrug before leading Ryan over to a chair.

[Colin] (Morningstar 5 in the afternoon)

Rodger glanced over at you and nodded.
"Did you manage to get your call done allright my good man?"
He asked.

He nodded, "That's fair."

Rebecca just nodded at that.

He nodded, "I'm sure it doesn't matter if we know his name or not - the Union should still be able to identify the men in question from the description of the circumstances in which they were found."

Anna sigh and looked down.
"I guess that is good Mentor it...it is all so strange yesterday I was on another side of the war so to cheer for Nephandi to get captured, killed or worse is...I feel like a traitor, I guess I am a traitor."
She muttered and she started plucking at her socks.

He nodded, then paused for a moment as he took her hand gently, "I'm sure your Avatar will be safe, and that all will be well, but there will be a few times when I will have to leave you in a cell. I will not like that, either, but at least the law will shelter you still; as my apprentice, nobody will be allowed to remove you from the cell or interrogate you without me or your lawyer present."

Anna nodded softly she was shivering slightly.
"I guess that is ok Mentor but I do not think I will enjoy being thrown in a cell, do you think they will hurt me on Horizon, I have seen how prisoners where treated at the Labyrinth."
She muttered clearly quite scared and concerned.

He grinned, "There just might be enough for that, yes."

That made the young mage smile a little.

He nodded, "Home made usually tastes better and is healthier - store bought tends to be bland and inoffensive, which is rather unimpressive. And usually using mediocre ingredients and far too much corn syrup."

"They have corn syrup in pasta dishes Mentor? But why corn syrup is sweet I do not want sweet pasta."
The little girl said and scratched her head and wrinkeled her nose as the chain on the cuffs temporarily got stuck in her hair.
"The paste my former Mentor made was good though."
She protested.

He nodded, "And in your case, you were right. But patients are not always in their right mind when they resist treatment; some times, they might be hallucinating, or under the influence of drugs, and that can be hard for the nurses to work out in a crisis. They have to do what they can to save a patient's life as best as they can see fit; in your case, they had no way of knowing that your wound was healing magically, and so they had to do what they thought was right... They were wrong, but they couldn't have known that."

Anna looked at you for a moment then she sigh and nodded.
"I guess that makes sense Mentor."
She muttered. Heather looked at Harmony and asked if she could speak and when the other Cultist nodded she said.
"I got hurt once, I was riding my bike and I got hit by a car, when I woke up at the hospital I did not know where I was, or what had happened and I paniced. I am very glad the staff did not let me flail about so that my recently set arm would get broken again and perhaps permanently damaged. I agree force is used to foten against children when administering medical treatments, unless we are talking life or death I do not think physical force should be used but I am also sure those nurses just wanted to help you."
Heather said and Anna said and looked down.
"I guess...but they could have waited and talked with me and found out why I pullet that needle out and why I was scared and not just held me down."
She muttered sadly.
"They held me down and stuck me with a needle I was so scared."
She said and tears welled up in her eyes.

He nodded, "The nurses at the hospital tried to help you, but hurt you in the process, I am not entirely sure I agree they deserved to be injured for it. The nurse here defied clear orders, and I have filed a legal complaint against her for it."

"They should have talked with me and not just held me down."
Anna protested.
"You have filked complaints about the nurse here? So she was not allowed to do what she did."
She said tears still rolling down her cheeks.

He frowned, "The one with the broken nose will probably have trouble seeing straight, and won't be able to work for a few days... If she is the primary source of income for her family, that might mean they have a few very lean days coming, which is not a good thing in this economy... So your breaking her nose, even in self defense, may have caused harm to others down the line as a consequence."

Anna looked down and plucked at her socks.
"I guess when you put it that way Mentor I do not want her family to suffer. But I was scared and she hurt me."

He shook his head, "If they are deliberately trying to inflict injury, then that's one thing, but if they are trying to help someone, causing minor damage in the process, that's very different. It's like with CPR; often, the patient ends up with fractured ribs while someone tries to pump their heart back to work, but that's considered acceptable collateral damage; ribs heal, but most people don't get back up if their heart stops."

"Yeah that makes sense, but there is a difference between harming someone by accident while helping them and doing something to someone who do not want it."
The girl protested. Harmony nodded.
"I agree force should not normally be used but there are a few times when one just...have to if a patient is either to young to understand the situation or they are not in the right state of mind to make a decicion which might end up killing them. When I was a child my brother got cancer, he was so little and the treatment was painful, and while my parents tried to talk him into it and reward im afterwards he was just five, and there where times they had to hold him down, assuming he would rather be alive and uffer pain for a short time than die and he as to young to be able to make that choice and because of that my brother lived."
She said then she sigh and hunched down beside Anna.
"Let me put it this way, if you where in a Quiet and you could not understand what you where doing and you where heaidng off a cliff, would you like your Mentor to grab you and keep you from falling to your death?"
She asked and Anna nodded.
"Off course I do not want to die."
Harmony smiled.
"And that is the way those nurses thought as well, that while getting a new IV might be scary and hurt a little for a moment, you would prefer being alive. They wanted to help you."
The Cultist said and Anna looked at her and then at you and then she loooked down again.
"I...I guess I do not want them to be hurt then even if they scared me, if they actually wanted to help."
The little girl finally agreed.

He thought for a moment, "Let's say you push aside a nurse harmlessly, to save a friend from being hurt. That nurse later goes on to check on a patient who goes into shock, and her quick reactions save that patient's life. Alternatively, you kick the nurse's leg, breaking a bone. In this timeline, she can't go to check on that patient at that time, and the patient dies before someone notices... That's how small the margins can be in a hospital - there are so many sick and injured there, and the staff tries to save as many as possible. If the nurses are harmed, people will be more likely to die... and as your insights into the mysteries of Time grow, you just might start seeing how those timelines branch off, and what responsibility eventually lies with you..."

Anna listened to you for a moment then she sigh.
"Ok I will try not to hurt anyone then but I will not let anyone use needles on me, or any of my friends if they do nto want to and I will use what force I have to in order to get away."
She muttered and she plucked more eagarly at her socks the topic clearly stressing her.

He sighed softly, "But, back to more pleasant topics... Harmony, you were explaining how the collar works?"

"Yes let us change the topic Mentor."
Anna agreed and Harmony smiled.
"I think I explained most of it, the collar will allow your Mentor to control how you use your magick, it is painless and you will not feel his control but if you try to go against what he allows then Quintessence just will not flow. You have to be willing to give him this control though. You both put a drop of blood on the collar, he puts in on you and then you have to tell him you consent to letting him have this control over you, then you give him one of your hairs, it do not matter that your hair is short, the hair is symbolic, he then close the collar and wrap the hair around the seam and that will seal it and it's effects will come into being, and then only he can remove the collar again unless he dies when it's control is either transferred to another person, this is also something you have to consent to or the collar opens."
Harmony explained.
"The rest are the boring details about how much Tass it consumes and such."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 27, 2018 4:54 pm

Gave a nod to Violet, then turned to start attacking the safe. Plan was simple enough; to cut a hole large enough to gain access to the things inside. Not too roughly; knowing that the safe was going to be a rather hard nut to crack...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 27, 2018 5:43 pm

"Right... Far as I can tell, there's only so much we can do to soften what Fate has in stock for someone... I believe our best chance is to expose the Italians, so that all the pain and suffering they have and will cause is finally reflected on them - those two are the source of it all, both for Anna and Cecilia, so our target is clear... but it will take months to reach that goal even if everything aligns perfectly, I'm afraid... Still, tonight might be the perfect time to bring Master Tolle into the plan, as he would be the perfect man to prosecute them..."

"I was considering speaking to that man over this matter."

He sighed, "Well, there's only so far I can stretch for the young man... If necessary, I will personally co-sign the complaints against him and throw him out of the Cabal to protect us all... the man has a unique talent, though, and I would far prefer to save that, but if push comes to shove..."

"Well, let's see what we can do if anything."

(Freddy) "Ah Ad...ehm do you still prefer me not to say your name over the phone?" She asked as she stopped herself from speaking your name. "What can I do for you? Your brother is still sleeping if that is what you where wondering about."

"It would be a nice gesture. I was wondering if you were still in the last place I saw you," he asked - which was with said brother. "I need to get something from you."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 27, 2018 6:01 pm

"It would be a nice gesture. I was wondering if you were still in the last place I saw you," he asked - which was with said brother. "I need to get something from you."

"I am the kid went through quite a bit of pain and got rather shook up for my sake so I thought I would watch over him until he wake up, until I can see properly again I am not that much use in a fight anyway."
Freddy confirmed.
"Sure just come on down."

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 4 in the afternoon.)

Gave a nod to Violet, then turned to start attacking the safe. Plan was simple enough; to cut a hole large enough to gain access to the things inside. Not too roughly; knowing that the safe was going to be a rather hard nut to crack...

Violet went into the corridor between the store and the workship to make her call. You got sawing on the safe, the noise was rather impressive and it was slow going, you are pretty sure you dulled the blade of the saw, but eventually with a patience you had a hole into the safe, you could see some money in there and some other items but you would not know the extemnt of the contents before you had a look through it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 27, 2018 6:08 pm

"Right, see you soon," he said, hanging up and putting his phone away. Then he headed for downstairs quickly. Get the key, go to Colin's get the thing, back down to his pater's office to deal with Cecelia's troubles.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Anja's Post:

With a satisfied smile, Nicole switched off the saw, got a tool of some form and levered the cut bit of safe out so she could view the items within. Pulled out her cellphone, fired the "torch" app and used it to look inside... just in case the Fallen had left any surprises within it...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 27, 2018 8:18 pm

Your uncle shook his head and patted his MP3 player in his pocket.
"I am afraid you remember that wrong kid, I use music to get into the altered state of conciousness I need for my magick but generally I put something on my Ipod and listen to it. I can play the piano but usually I just listen to music while working."

Serge still had a look of disbelief on his face as if he was always adamant about his uncle playing the violin. Although he reluctantly accepted it, it still bothered him.

"The fun never end I understand...well I am going to get this leg healed and then go and see if they need any help downstairs...see you later kid."
The Cultist said as Ingmar Rush made his way over to him.
"Ok if you come over here and sit down I will fix you right up."
The Verbena said to your uncle before he gave you a nod and a gruff shrug before leading Ryan over to a chair.

"See ya." Serge said with a wave as he went back to the Allison and the fish, helping her haul them over to the newly awakened man to see if it would help him wake up.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 27, 2018 9:09 pm

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

Serge still had a look of disbelief on his face as if he was always adamant about his uncle playing the violin. Although he reluctantly accepted it, it still bothered him.

Ryan raised an eyebrow at the look you gave him but he said nothing more.

"See ya." Serge said with a wave as he went back to the Allison and the fish, helping her haul them over to the newly awakened man to see if it would help him wake up.

You got the two confused fish over to the catatonic man, you noticed though that after you place them on a small table by his bedside his eyes started following them, following their movements and he smiled a little.

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 4 in the afternoon.)

With a satisfied smile, Nicole switched off the saw, got a tool of some form and levered the cut bit of safe out so she could view the items within. Pulled out her cellphone, fired the "torch" app and used it to look inside... just in case the Fallen had left any surprises within it...

The bit you had cut out of the safe fell to the floor as you tipped it out, with a loud thump. You looked inside the safe, and in the light from your phone you saw a document folder, some cash, a new expensive looking gun, two vials of some sort of milk white substance and a pocket watch that looked like it might be made of silver.

"Right, see you soon," he said, hanging up and putting his phone away. Then he headed for downstairs quickly. Get the key, go to Colin's get the thing, back down to his pater's office to deal with Cecelia's troubles.

You headed downstairs you saw the tired guards, Helga,Jon and Anton had the responsibility for all of the prisoners, the prisoners where bound to wall fixtures and heavily drugged but it was still a daunting task. The three guards nodded to you as you headed to your brother's make shift cell. Kyle was sleeping soundly in his bed. Freddy stood as she heard you come in, her eyes focusing now but she still could not see clearly.
"Adley is that you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next