Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 12 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 16, 2018 7:51 pm

The woman was in her thirties, she was pretty but not beautiful with long hair and wearing a long sleeved sweather and a long denim skirt she looked rather terrified.
"I...do not want to be here!"
She muttered as she backed away.
"I do not want to be here!"
It was about at this time you heard your phone ping with Adley's message.

Serge pulled out his phone and quickly glanced at the screen and then back up at the women. "It's alright. I hear you. A place like this can't be reminding you of pleasant times. But we won't do anything to hurt you in here. But if it'll make you feel better I'll try and see if we can have you wait somewhere else." he said in a soft calming voice trying to show the women that he was willing to listen to her.

Looking back at Allison, Serge asked, "Is it possible to have her wait in the common room? Last time I was there it was pretty empty."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 12 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Warpmind Wed May 16, 2018 8:39 pm

[Morgan's Shuttle, 3:30 PM]
"She? Ah...yes I imagine they would be anoyed, it makes me feel bad about giving Kyle that injection for three days, poor kid his arm looked rather bruised last I saw him...but it was neccesary."
Jeffry said low enough that Vittoria would not hear anything about his young apprentice.
Colin nodded, responding as quietly, "On that note, I've secured a better alternative for mine - I'll just have to bring the owner home to Chicago. Kidnapping incident the Handler and I resolved. I'll fill in the details later."

"Poor fellow, no just killing him outright would not be right Sir, even so I can not help but feel that after what you told me if I ever became such a creature I would want someone to put me out of my misery, I can not speak for others off course Sir, that is another matter."
Heather said and frowned.
He nodded, "And yet, I am left with the impression that they greatly fear death, even more than they grieve for their Avatar... I don't know why, but it's likely not good..."

"Yes Sir I can imagine that if so much memory was erazed then that would make her loose contact with reality. I hope she gets the help she needs and if there is anything I can do to help."
Heather said and nodded.
He smiled, "I'm sure any offer of compassion and aid will be gratefully accepted."

"That must have been quite...spectacular Sir and then the Nephandi had far less Tass to work with so that is a win win, we do not want them to have resources after all."
The young Cultist said and grinned.
"My Mistress says that whatever the Nephandi want we do not want them to get it."
He grinned back, "And now, with my little trick, we can safely use the damnable Nodes they have corrupted, too, and really deprive them of resources."

"Crap..." Still listening to Colin, "Can you hang on a second?" he asked Colin as he tried to text Serge as he headed for the stairs. It looked like instruction two were taking precedence. At least Serge might be closer and have more skills to help her but they couldn't let a prisoner in their care suffer. He hadn't thought that it would scare her so. 'A hedge wizard woman just transported to infirmary was an experimental subject, please keep her calm she will be scared. She is prisoner but was cooperative. Am my way up.' "Okay, sorry working on your orders," he said to Colin.
He waited calmly, "Of course... take your time."

"Alright," he said, taking mental notes until he could jot a reminder down - after he saw how Cecelia was doing. "You said you were the most qualified and experienced in the group," he said, his voice showing signs of stress from the stair climbing in a quick manner. "I thought you were nominating yourself. Besides, you are the most experienced in the field - I just didn't know you were also a tad on the...ah unorthadox side, let's say..."
He chuckled, "I suppose I did set myself up in that regard... All the same, of the rest of the Cabal, you are the one best trained to such a command position, and the requirements of your day job lend themselves quite well to such a role, too. As for being unorthodox, well, I guess that comes with being trained to come up with things on the spot in a combat situation; a pilot who relies on strict protocol in aerial combat is a dead pilot. Regardless, I doubt you'll give me reason to regret putting you in charge until I can resume the role in full."
He frowned slightly, "Are you running up stairs? I'll leave you to it, then; you'll need your breath. I'll see you later, and we'll have a long talk, and help Beatrice heal."

"Mr Wainwright I am far to drunk to be shocked about anything and as long as you are not Fallen the state of your Avatar is not my bussiness, I do hope you get yourself cleansed out though carrying around to much spiritual dirt clogs your orgonic field and that will lead to sickness."
The Etherite said and shock his head.
"My uncle got some Jhor once and a ulcer."
He nodded, looking down at the pallor of his hands, "Yes... I do feel a little, hm, less uncomfortable with the concept of death, I think... Not so much as to want to cause it without very good reason, but enough so as to be able to be comfortable in a morgue, perhaps..."

"One of my Cabalmates have a dog, and he is far cuter than that thing behind us...he is one of those smale white things...I do not remember the breed name there are so many types of little white dog."
Rodger said as he got the ship moving and then changed the plane and went from the Penumbra into the Nearumbra, on your sensors you noticed that the polyp where gearing up to do the same thing, there was also several tiny gafflings nearby, some sort of nature spirits floating by probably but they should not get in the way of the shuttle.
"This is what you use to control how deep we go, now this shuttle only go as far as the Horizon and not across it, if you are going any deeper than the Near though you are going to have to crank up the engine a bit. but we do not have to, we can travel through the Etheric field at a fairly close to manifested viration, it should get us to Chicago safely...is there any entities out here Mr Wainwright?"
Rodger said as he turned the ship and laid int he course.
He grinned, "That polyp, think more like something along the lines of a large dog, like a Grand Pyrenees or Great Dane who still thinks it's a puppy who can fit on a lap... I agree, the polyp doesn't look particularly nice, but it's not corrupted, so it lacks that certain malice most battlecruisers have."
He nodded at the depth controls, then double-checked the sensors, "Aside from the Polyp, I seem to note a small pack or swarm of tiny spirits of some sort - apparently some form of nature spirits, though I'm not sure what kind. They are not close enough to pose an issue."

"You found a baby Nephandus in a Labyrinth and kept her?"
Rodger asked his eyes going wide.
"Well as long as you can control her I guess, but damnation are you going to need more gin you have some fine reasons to drink coming up ahead for your my good man!"
He grinned wryly, "Actually, I shot her in a standoff while on a rescue mission yesterday... then I got help to rescue her from the hospital she had been admitted to. And then she begged me for help today, seven years ago, mistaking me for Hephaestus, of all people... We have a strange relationship, I suppose, but controlling her does not worry me. Protecting her from scared Mages, that's a bit higher on the list of concerns. Still, I know she'll make me proud, and more so, she'll come back to the light and make me a grandfather in the fullness of time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 16, 2018 10:38 pm

[Nicole] (On the way out of the Labyrinth at 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

'Must respect our superiors... even when they're being stupid, crazy or just plain wrong.' Nicole replied in a authoritative tone, as though delivering a lecture to juniors.

"Well yes one thing is that they know more but the other thing is that if one do not respect tose of greater knowledge one will be breaking a Protocol and the punishment can be quite severe Miss."
Violet said though she did smile a little from your reply.

A nod to the information from Thorn. 'Let's pick up the pace, then.'

"Well yes let's I would like to come to a more glorious end than food for a giant flying tumor."
Thorn said and he sped up and your party moved though the Labyrinth easilly.

(OOC: Is there anything else Nicole will be doing along the way or are she just heading streight for the exit?"

[Colin] (In the Chief's shuttle at 3:30 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, responding as quietly, "On that note, I've secured a better alternative for mine - I'll just have to bring the owner home to Chicago. Kidnapping incident the Handler and I resolved. I'll fill in the details later."

"That is good, from what I can see that serum is quite painful and I would not like to expose a child to it long term, however I will only accept an alternative as long as I am convinced it is safe."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"A kidnapping? Hum...yes it seams we will have quite a bit to talk about once things have setteled down Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "And yet, I am left with the impression that they greatly fear death, even more than they grieve for their Avatar... I don't know why, but it's likely not good..."

Heather paled a little.
"That makes it even more terrifying Sir."
She muttered.

He smiled, "I'm sure any offer of compassion and aid will be gratefully accepted."

"I will ask Mistress if I can offer to help out then."
The young Cultist agreed.

He grinned back, "And now, with my little trick, we can safely use the damnable Nodes they have corrupted, too, and really deprive them of resources."

"That is a really useful little trick Sir, really useful."
Heather said sounding impressed.

He nodded, looking down at the pallor of his hands, "Yes... I do feel a little, hm, less uncomfortable with the concept of death, I think... Not so much as to want to cause it without very good reason, but enough so as to be able to be comfortable in a morgue, perhaps..."

"J'hor or the Necromancer's Bane as some call it, or the Death Taint, many names for the same thing, it can do a number on you if you are not careful my good man."
Rodger said and frowned.
"That uncle of mine that I mentioned, yes well things did not end well for him."

He grinned, "That polyp, think more like something along the lines of a large dog, like a Grand Pyrenees or Great Dane who still thinks it's a puppy who can fit on a lap... I agree, the polyp doesn't look particularly nice, but it's not corrupted, so it lacks that certain malice most battlecruisers have."

"Well a great dane will fit better on a lap than a seven kilometer long tumor."
Rodger said and raised an eyebrow.
"Even so it do not seam hostile, it mostly seams sad, and eager to be on it's way."

He nodded at the depth controls, then double-checked the sensors, "Aside from the Polyp, I seem to note a small pack or swarm of tiny spirits of some sort - apparently some form of nature spirits, though I'm not sure what kind. They are not close enough to pose an issue."

The Etherite leaned over to glance at your screen and he nodded.
"Yes those will be harmless and should not come to close to the ship, there are allot of tiny entities like those out in the Umbra, I am relieved to see them actually allot off the spirit population left when the Nephandi set their plans in motion that they are returning are a very good sign."

He grinned wryly, "Actually, I shot her in a standoff while on a rescue mission yesterday... then I got help to rescue her from the hospital she had been admitted to. And then she begged me for help today, seven years ago, mistaking me for Hephaestus, of all people... We have a strange relationship, I suppose, but controlling her does not worry me. Protecting her from scared Mages, that's a bit higher on the list of concerns. Still, I know she'll make me proud, and more so, she'll come back to the light and make me a grandfather in the fullness of time."

"You shot her? Well that is one way to meet an apprentice. You said it would be possible for the Fallen to one day cleanse themselves and I have to say as I said then, I will believe it when I see it but I hope you are right, this young lady do sound remarkable though I wish you the best of luck with her, but you have taken on one heck of a challange my good man, and yes keeping her protected from those who would fear her will probably be one of your hardest tasks, I suspect many would want to see her ended for what she is."
Rodger said and nodded.

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

Serge pulled out his phone and quickly glanced at the screen and then back up at the women. "It's alright. I hear you. A place like this can't be reminding you of pleasant times. But we won't do anything to hurt you in here. But if it'll make you feel better I'll try and see if we can have you wait somewhere else." he said in a soft calming voice trying to show the women that he was willing to listen to her.

The woman stopped her paniced and dangerous stepping backwards for a moment and she looked at you with big, scared eyes.
"I...would like to wait somewhere else yes...I do not want to be here."
She muttered clearly not believing that you would not harm her.

Looking back at Allison, Serge asked, "Is it possible to have her wait in the common room? Last time I was there it was pretty empty."

Allison sigh.
"I am just a custos Sir I can not allow or disallow anything, however if our guest are not injured I do not see why she would need to be at the infirmary, probably she was teleported here along with the rest because it was practical so taking her downstairs is probably wise, however she is clearly a prisoner and we know nothing about her, she will need to be kept under guard."
The hedge wizard said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 16, 2018 10:43 pm

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

Just back, in the place we fought. Less than 5 minutes away.

"It might be best then if you collect the bodies and leave out the exit your party arrived by, I do not think we can afford to wait for ten minutes, this ship is leaving."
Jeffry said and frowned.

Yes, Master Morgan. Tane signaled the werewolves. The ones that are not hurt, with me, let's go get them and come back quickly. Wounded, and you two, evacuate with the others He said to his two companions. You've seen too much fight. Go with Amadeus, brother, and ask him to heal you.

Coawa looked liked he wanted to protest, but Alessa put her hand on his arm, she had reconstructed her left arm as well now.
"Tane is right, you are wounded, the the mage healer have a look at you."
She urged and Coawa sigh.
"Very well."
He growled then he looked at you.
"Stay safe brother."

Amadeus urged the wounded werewolves to gether around.
"I will take care of your friend and our allies Mr Karyak, but make sure you are quick so you do not get trapped on this ship."
The Verbena urged.
"My student is becoming quite fond of you I would not like to tell her you have become lost in the Deep Umbra child."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 16, 2018 11:01 pm

Anja's Post:

'Quite right... the teacher has to respect the fact the student will know more about some subjects than they do.' the large woman quipped in the same mild tone, her features invisible due to being at the head of the group.

A curt nod to Thorn's comment, as they continued to follow the path back to the portal, occasionally looking back to make sure nobody was falling behind...

[Well, as her dreams of the armoury have been denied, nope. Interested in the auto shop, though].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 pm

"That is good, from what I can see that serum is quite painful and I would not like to expose a child to it long term, however I will only accept an alternative as long as I am convinced it is safe."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"A kidnapping? Hum...yes it seams we will have quite a bit to talk about once things have setteled down Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded, "An item, irremovable by anyone except the person who placed it, granting the controller full control over the wearer's magical capabilities. There are a few more details, but I'll go over those with you later. And with the... Solificati guest we have, from whom I will commission a replica of the borrowed piece."

Heather paled a little.
"That makes it even more terrifying Sir."
She muttered.
He nodded, "I would rather die before becoming a vampire... but if it was a matter of dying after becoming one, I don't know..."

"That is a really useful little trick Sir, really useful."
Heather said sounding impressed.
He nodded, "Very much so. Might earn me a neat amount of academic credit on Horizon, too. Cash, not so much."

"J'hor or the Necromancer's Bane as some call it, or the Death Taint, many names for the same thing, it can do a number on you if you are not careful my good man."
Rodger said and frowned.
"That uncle of mine that I mentioned, yes well things did not end well for him."
He nodded, "I've got a few ideas for how to get started on bleeding it off; might help the Euthanatoi a lot... but it's probably going to be a few years of research before even the first practical experimentation can be done."

"Well a great dane will fit better on a lap than a seven kilometer long tumor."
Rodger said and raised an eyebrow.
"Even so it do not seam hostile, it mostly seams sad, and eager to be on it's way."
He grinned, "Very true, it's longing for the Deep, where it belongs. And I have shared the Handler's mind-link to it. A big, playful dog is very much the sort of mentality it has. Funniest thing, it believes I'm a little podling of its own kind, because I like to fly, too."

The Etherite leaned over to glance at your screen and he nodded.
"Yes those will be harmless and should not come to close to the ship, there are allot of tiny entities like those out in the Umbra, I am relieved to see them actually allot off the spirit population left when the Nephandi set their plans in motion that they are returning are a very good sign."
He frowned, "Oh, right, I heard that there was something of an exodus... Bloody brilliant that they're already coming back, then."

"You shot her? Well that is one way to meet an apprentice. You said it would be possible for the Fallen to one day cleanse themselves and I have to say as I said then, I will believe it when I see it but I hope you are right, this young lady do sound remarkable though I wish you the best of luck with her, but you have taken on one heck of a challange my good man, and yes keeping her protected from those who would fear her will probably be one of your hardest tasks, I suspect many would want to see her ended for what she is."
Rodger said and nodded.
He nodded, "It's a very long story, and with more twists than a good thriller... The Traditions cannot afford the loss of her Avatar, not after it was identified by a venerable Hermetic who recognized its description. In her previous life, she was a member of the First Cabal - and others of that esteemed group have reincarnated in this time, as well. Fate is a fickle mistress, but I think we need the First Cabal back together to try to fulfill the promise they once held. And that can't happen if she is Fallen or Gilguled. Well, the other major obstacle is still there, but I'm sure someone can find a replacement for them..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed May 16, 2018 11:24 pm

Mundi had now learned that nudging your leg resulted in more petting which meant he kept nuding every time the petting slowled down, Mundi was happy he had found the petting button.

He probably confused Mundi a moment when he went dashing up the stairs, off he went as fast as he could though.

"I suppose I did set myself up in that regard... All the same, of the rest of the Cabal, you are the one best trained to such a command position, and the requirements of your day job lend themselves quite well to such a role, too. As for being unorthodox, well, I guess that comes with being trained to come up with things on the spot in a combat situation; a pilot who relies on strict protocol in aerial combat is a dead pilot. Regardless, I doubt you'll give me reason to regret putting you in charge until I can resume the role in full."He frowned slightly, "Are you running up stairs? I'll leave you to it, then; you'll need your breath. I'll see you later, and we'll have a long talk, and help Beatrice heal."

"Yup," he replied to being asked about running. "I'd say be careful but too late for that, so good luck."

He dropped his phone into his pocket again as he turned another flight to go up. He was in decent shape but he was wounded and though he didn't feel it  his body had not forgotten entirely. By the time he gotto the upper floor to see Cecelia teetering there, he was pale and sweating again. He glanced quickly around to get a sense of what was going on. He saw Serge was there trying to talk Cecelia down. Just in case she was still too scared, he started to prepare an auram spell to cushion her fall or prevent it altogether, if he could.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 17, 2018 3:26 am

The woman stopped her paniced and dangerous stepping backwards for a moment and she looked at you with big, scared eyes.
"I...would like to wait somewhere else yes...I do not want to be here."
She muttered clearly not believing that you would not harm her.
Allison sigh.
"I am just a custos Sir I can not allow or disallow anything, however if our guest are not injured I do not see why she would need to be at the infirmary, probably she was teleported here along with the rest because it was practical so taking her downstairs is probably wise, however she is clearly a prisoner and we know nothing about her, she will need to be kept under guard."
The hedge wizard said.

Serge smiled and said, "Awesome! Looks like we have a compromise."

Looking back at the scared women Serge said, "You don't look injured so you can stay in the common room but you'll have to be kept under guard. Is that all right with you?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 17, 2018 8:36 am

[Nicole] (On the way out of the Labyrinth at 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

Quite right... the teacher has to respect the fact the student will know more about some subjects than they do.' the large woman quipped in the same mild tone, her features invisible due to being at the head of the group.

"I guess that eventually a student might Miss, but I do not think Tradition authorities will see it that way."
Violet said.
"Tradition laws can be scary."
The young Verbena commented.

A curt nod to Thorn's comment, as they continued to follow the path back to the portal, occasionally looking back to make sure nobody was falling behind...

Everyone followed behind you and you quickly reached the portal back to the auto shop with no problems.

[Serge and Adley] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

He probably confused Mundi a moment when he went dashing up the stairs, off he went as fast as he could though.

Mundi sat looking after you with a look in his eyes that said. Oh well there goes my cuddels while slowly wagging his tail.

Serge smiled and said, "Awesome! Looks like we have a compromise."

Looking back at the scared women Serge said, "You don't look injured so you can stay in the common room but you'll have to be kept under guard. Is that all right with you?"

The terrified woman looked at you and she seamed to calm down a little.
"I...I am not wounded...being guarded is not a problem I just do not want to be here."
She muttered in a scared tone of voice.
"I just do not want to be here."

He dropped his phone into his pocket again as he turned another flight to go up. He was in decent shape but he was wounded and though he didn't feel it his body had not forgotten entirely. By the time he gotto the upper floor to see Cecelia teetering there, he was pale and sweating again. He glanced quickly around to get a sense of what was going on. He saw Serge was there trying to talk Cecelia down. Just in case she was still too scared, he started to prepare an auram spell to cushion her fall or prevent it altogether, if he could.

Cecilia looked back now that Serge had calmed her down a little and she noticed Adley and how close she was to the ledge.
"Oh my!"
She exclaimed she did not step away from the ledge though she did not want to step closer into the make shift infirmary.

Allison gave Adley a slight bow.
"Ah Sir, forgive the trouble she paniced as soon as she arrived, we where thinking taking her downstairs would be a good idea."

Colin nodded, "An item, irremovable by anyone except the person who placed it, granting the controller full control over the wearer's magical capabilities. There are a few more details, but I'll go over those with you later. And with the... Solificati guest we have, from whom I will commission a replica of the borrowed piece."

"That sounds like it would be acceptable Mr Wainwright. We can discuss it when we are all back at Steelhaven."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"The guest you refer to are Verditius but yes I get what you mean. I can set up a meeting if she is feeling well enough."

He nodded, "I would rather die before becoming a vampire... but if it was a matter of dying after becoming one, I don't know..."

"I guess it depends on what they are afraid of Sir."
Heather said and nodded.
"Though I guess that if the damage have already been done and one are able to continue then doing something useful with one's life is a noble thing to do."

He nodded, "Very much so. Might earn me a neat amount of academic credit on Horizon, too. Cash, not so much."

The young Cultist nodded at that.
"True Sir but you might earn some money as well then against recognition and credit might at times be more valuable then cash."

He nodded, "I've got a few ideas for how to get started on bleeding it off; might help the Euthanatoi a lot... but it's probably going to be a few years of research before even the first practical experimentation can be done."

"Yes we loose many of the Euthanatoi to that foul Resonance. I wish you good luck in finding a solution though my good man, there are ways to cleanse Resonance but they are often quite dificult and expensive."
Rodger said and frowned again.

He grinned, "Very true, it's longing for the Deep, where it belongs. And I have shared the Handler's mind-link to it. A big, playful dog is very much the sort of mentality it has. Funniest thing, it believes I'm a little podling of its own kind, because I like to fly, too."

"That is kind of adorable my good man, I wish the ship the best then and hope it gets back to the Deep Umbra as it should. It thinks you are a young of it's kind eh well be glad it did not try to adopt you then."
Rodger said and he sounded quite amused.

He frowned, "Oh, right, I heard that there was something of an exodus... Bloody brilliant that they're already coming back, then."

"Yeah this would be a bleak place if there where no non physical, they do more for the world than most knows."
Rodger said and he glanced out of the shuttle's windows.

He nodded, "It's a very long story, and with more twists than a good thriller... The Traditions cannot afford the loss of her Avatar, not after it was identified by a venerable Hermetic who recognized its description. In her previous life, she was a member of the First Cabal - and others of that esteemed group have reincarnated in this time, as well. Fate is a fickle mistress, but I think we need the First Cabal back together to try to fulfill the promise they once held. And that can't happen if she is Fallen or Gilguled. Well, the other major obstacle is still there, but I'm sure someone can find a replacement for them..."

The First Cabal eh...I have heard one of them an Akashic well you know how they make themselves become complete incarnations, are living on Horizon...hum...perhaps there is something they have to do if they are reincarnating, especially if we get all eight surviving members. But if one of them are Fallen...gah this is so complicated I need a drink."
Rodger declared and he proceded to take his flask out his pocket and do just that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 17, 2018 11:13 am

The terrified woman looked at you and she seamed to calm down a little.
"I...I am not wounded...being guarded is not a problem I just do not want to be here."
She muttered in a scared tone of voice.
"I just do not want to be here."

"Then it's settled." Serge said with a nod and friendly smile. "You'll stay downstairs under watch and far away from this place."

"Although I'm not sure if their is anyone we can have to watch over you right now. Maybe taking you to the basement is a better idea? I think that place is better guarded and also doesn't look like an infirmary." he said, not to the women directly but out loud for anyone to answer.

Cecilia looked back now that Serge had calmed her down a little and she noticed Adley and how close she was to the ledge.
"Oh my!"
She exclaimed she did not step away from the ledge though she did not want to step closer into the make shift infirmary.

Allison gave Adley a slight bow.
"Ah Sir, forgive the trouble she paniced as soon as she arrived, we where thinking taking her downstairs would be a good idea."

"Oh! I didn't see you there." Serge said as Cecilia drew his focus to the man behind her.

"Hey Mr. Roth Hicks. Glad your back." Serge said giving the Hermetic a friendly wave. Then gesturing towards the women Serge said, "You know more about her then I do. Do you think it's OK if we let her chill downstairs?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 17, 2018 12:04 pm

"That sounds like it would be acceptable Mr Wainwright. We can discuss it when we are all back at Steelhaven."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"The guest you refer to are Verditius but yes I get what you mean. I can set up a meeting if she is feeling well enough."
Colin shook his head briefly, "Verditius, of course... My bad; it has been a long week."

The young Cultist nodded at that.
"True Sir but you might earn some money as well then against recognition and credit might at times be more valuable then cash."
He nodded, "Oh, I expect I could potentially make a ton of cash on that Rote, but it is too important to keep secret. Which is why I will be publishing it freely; without that Rote, we risk losing Masters to the process of disposing of Qlippothic Quintessence, and that's too high a price to pay. So I can't put a price tag on my little innovation - it would not be right by any moral standards. It would be like Nestlé draining all the public groundwater, bottling it, and charging extortionate prices per bottle."

Adley wrote:"Yup," he replied to being asked about running. "I'd say be careful but too late for that, so good luck."
He smiled, "You too, son. You, too."

"Yes we loose many of the Euthanatoi to that foul Resonance. I wish you good luck in finding a solution though my good man, there are ways to cleanse Resonance but they are often quite dificult and expensive."
Rodger said and frowned again.
He nodded, "I suppose working hard at the polar opposite concepts to the Resonance you want neutralized could work... but that would mean fighting Jhor with some intense life-affirming activities, and I'm scarcely a teenager any more. So it would take time..."

"That is kind of adorable my good man, I wish the ship the best then and hope it gets back to the Deep Umbra as it should. It thinks you are a young of it's kind eh well be glad it did not try to adopt you then."
Rodger said and he sounded quite amused.
He grinned, "I don't think the polyps, in their natural habitat, have family groups in such a manner... It seems more like a parallel to various aquatic life forms, where they spawn in some relatively safe place and leave the offspring to themselves, not really doing much more parenting than keeping an eye on the proverbial spawning pools."

"Yeah this would be a bleak place if there where no non physical, they do more for the world than most knows."
Rodger said and he glanced out of the shuttle's windows.
He nodded, following Rodger's gaze, "Yes, the best janitorial staff in Creation; you don't notice them, but they're always tidying up everything and keeping the engines running... well, in a manner of speaking."

The First Cabal eh...I have heard one of them an Akashic well you know how they make themselves become complete incarnations, are living on Horizon...hum...perhaps there is something they have to do if they are reincarnating, especially if we get all eight surviving members. But if one of them are Fallen...gah this is so complicated I need a drink."
Rodger declared and he proceded to take his flask out his pocket and do just that.
He nodded, "Yes, Fall Breeze. And it seems the reincarnation of Bernadette was rescued from captivity in the polyp today... We live in interesting times."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 17, 2018 12:34 pm

Colin shook his head briefly, "Verditius, of course... My bad; it has been a long week."

"So it have indeed."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"A very long week."

He nodded, "Oh, I expect I could potentially make a ton of cash on that Rote, but it is too important to keep secret. Which is why I will be publishing it freely; without that Rote, we risk losing Masters to the process of disposing of Qlippothic Quintessence, and that's too high a price to pay. So I can't put a price tag on my little innovation - it would not be right by any moral standards. It would be like Nestlé draining all the public groundwater, bottling it, and charging extortionate prices per bottle."

"You are a kind man Sir, it is a very nice thing you are doing and not many would have done the same and given up their own wealth to help others."
Heather said and she nodded approvingly.

He nodded, "I suppose working hard at the polar opposite concepts to the Resonance you want neutralized could work... but that would mean fighting Jhor with some intense life-affirming activities, and I'm scarcely a teenager any more. So it would take time..."

"That is the normal way to dealing with Resonance, letting it bleed of over time, which Jhor is slow to do, or attracting the oposite Resonace to neutralize it."
Rodger agreed.
"Well one do not have to be a teenager to enjoy life Mr Wainwright."

He grinned, "I don't think the polyps, in their natural habitat, have family groups in such a manner... It seems more like a parallel to various aquatic life forms, where they spawn in some relatively safe place and leave the offspring to themselves, not really doing much more parenting than keeping an eye on the proverbial spawning pools."

"I see, well at least then there are no danger of you being adoptet my mama Polyp over there and brought to the Deep Umbra...but yes they are most facinating creatures."
The Etherite said.
"You got a good look at the insides then?"

He nodded, following Rodger's gaze, "Yes, the best janitorial staff in Creation; you don't notice them, but they're always tidying up everything and keeping the engines running... well, in a manner of speaking."

That they do indeed, we need them for our plane of existence to function as it should."
Rodger agreed.

He nodded, "Yes, Fall Breeze. And it seems the reincarnation of Bernadette was rescued from captivity in the polyp today... We live in interesting times."

"What makes me worried is what fate might have in store for us if the nine, well the eight now I guess are being reborn in the same time."
Rodger said and frowned.
"Do you see any more spirits Mr Wainwright?"
He asked and you did something, an elemental perhaps that where gliding along but it did not seam even remotely interested in the shuttle, that spirit where busy doing his own thing thank you very much.

[Serge and Adley] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"Then it's settled." Serge said with a nod and friendly smile. "You'll stay downstairs under watch and far away from this place."

"Thank you."
The terrified woman said and she looked around nervously.

"Although I'm not sure if their is anyone we can have to watch over you right now. Maybe taking you to the basement is a better idea? I think that place is better guarded and also doesn't look like an infirmary." he said, not to the women directly but out loud for anyone to answer.

"I do not care where I am as long as I get away from here."
Cecilia muttered. Alison frowned.
"The basement is pretty full Mr Yager, last I heard they had to drug every prisoner there just is not enough guards to keep everyone covered."
The hedge wizard whispered and Cecilia whipered fearfully.
"I do not want that!"
She exclaimed and she stepped a bit away again getting dangerously close to the ledge.
"Just take her to the common room and watch over her there Sir."
Allison said quickly.
"Before she hurts herself, we will sort things out later."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 17, 2018 12:58 pm

"You are a kind man Sir, it is a very nice thing you are doing and not many would have done the same and given up their own wealth to help others."
Heather said and she nodded approvingly.
Colin nodded, "More than that, it's greatly needed - and as an afterthought, the long-term benefits will most likely outweigh the short-term monetary benefits."

"That is the normal way to dealing with Resonance, letting it bleed of over time, which Jhor is slow to do, or attracting the oposite Resonace to neutralize it."
Rodger agreed.
"Well one do not have to be a teenager to enjoy life Mr Wainwright."
He grinned slyly, "No, not to enjoy life, but there's one life-affirming... activity that should be more powerful than any other, and for that, a teenage body offers a number of advantages which slowly diminish, unfortunately..."

"I see, well at least then there are no danger of you being adoptet my mama Polyp over there and brought to the Deep Umbra...but yes they are most facinating creatures."
The Etherite said.
"You got a good look at the insides then?"
He nodded, "Possibly the best look any Traditionalist ever got... not only that, but I learned something interesting: the polyps are not naturally corrupted, merely highly Entropic - I don't know precisely how the bonding process works, but it does not require corruption. Potentially, we could find young polyps in the shallows near Horizon and adopt them for ourselves, giving us battlecruisers of equal power to those of the Fallen. The obvious problem being that the bonding is permanent... It would be a hell of a sacrifice for whoever were to take on the mantle of Handler."

"What makes me worried is what fate might have in store for us if the nine, well the eight now I guess are being reborn in the same time."
Rodger said and frowned.
"Do you see any more spirits Mr Wainwright?"
He asked and you did something, an elemental perhaps that where gliding along but it did not seam even remotely interested in the shuttle, that spirit where busy doing his own thing thank you very much.
He frowned, "Hard to say... But perhaps the war with the Union is about to enter its final battle, and for that... having the First Cabal reunited and on the frontlines, fighting the good fight, well, can you think of a better symbol to raise the spirits across the Traditions? Hum, looks like some manner of Elemental spirit or somesuch over there. It might have noticed us, but it doesn't care. We should be clear on all fronts, I think."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 17, 2018 3:13 pm

Colin nodded, "More than that, it's greatly needed - and as an afterthought, the long-term benefits will most likely outweigh the short-term monetary benefits."

"That is true Sir but even so, many will only think of the short time benefit to themselves rather than anything long term, that is how the planet have gotten to the state it is in, if you will premit me to be so bold Sir."
Heather said and looked down.

He grinned slyly, "No, not to enjoy life, but there's one life-affirming... activity that should be more powerful than any other, and for that, a teenage body offers a number of advantages which slowly diminish, unfortunately..."

"Ah I see well I am quite a bit older than you my good man, and I had a marvelous time with a young Verbena witch during a stop at one of their Sesonal Realms just last month, a most glorious lady, beautiful, compassionate and skilled with a blade like no other, age matters little my friend little at all."
Rodger said and grinned and Heather could not help but give just a little bit of a giggle.
"Ehm...forgive me Sir."
She said which made the Eterite grin even wider.

He nodded, "Possibly the best look any Traditionalist ever got... not only that, but I learned something interesting: the polyps are not naturally corrupted, merely highly Entropic - I don't know precisely how the bonding process works, but it does not require corruption. Potentially, we could find young polyps in the shallows near Horizon and adopt them for ourselves, giving us battlecruisers of equal power to those of the Fallen. The obvious problem being that the bonding is permanent... It would be a hell of a sacrifice for whoever were to take on the mantle of Handler."

"It would probably be a good thing if you could write up all you know about the Battle Cruisers Mr Wainwright that was our own realms and ships would stand a better chance to defend themselves, though off course wth their pure power even knowledge will only get us so far."
Rodger said then he considered.
"Hum...Battle Cruisers of our own, it would be an amazing boon against both the Nephandi and the Technocrazy, I think quite a few magi would be willing to make such a sacrifice depending off course on what such a bonding would entail, if the polyps are not themselves corrupted but become so by their Nephandi masters then their disgusting looks should not deter us from using a powerful weapon."
The Etherite said and nodded.
"It is like with Aunt Agnes one of my Mentor's Cabalmates, she was ugly as sin but damn could the woman throw a fireball, she was of that Hermetic House...oh...ah...the name escapes me."

He frowned, "Hard to say... But perhaps the war with the Union is about to enter its final battle, and for that... having the First Cabal reunited and on the frontlines, fighting the good fight, well, can you think of a better symbol to raise the spirits across the Traditions?

"Now that would be a glorious symbol and no I can think of no one better to hold the Traditions banner in the war, they would be a unifying force a symbol of hope."
Rodger agreed and nodded.
"One of my ancestors, liniagewise, have written in his journal about him and his Amalgam meeting the First Cabal in glorious battle one...and getting their behinds unsermoniously kicked, the Amalgam bearely escaped with their lives."
He said and chuckeled a little.

Hum, looks like some manner of Elemental spirit or somesuch over there. It might have noticed us, but it doesn't care. We should be clear on all fronts, I think."

"Hum...that is a big one, let me alter our course slightely to give it some space but yes that is an Elemental, you will see allot of air Elementals as we near Chicago the city is a hot spot for them, most of them are either friendly though or they will just ignore us, though some of their kind can be extremely curious, spirits of knowledge they are and if you need to make a deal with one, air Elementals are often motivated more by new knowledge than in stored Ethe...ehm Tass."
Rodger informed you and made sure to give the Elemental a wide berth the spirit still ingored the ship, it had places to be and no time for mages in fancy tin cans.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply my husband and I went for some 17 of May treats.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 17, 2018 3:50 pm

"That is true Sir but even so, many will only think of the short time benefit to themselves rather than anything long term, that is how the planet have gotten to the state it is in, if you will premit me to be so bold Sir."
Heather said and looked down.
Colin nodded, "Quite right... human short-sightedness has caused many of the problems of today - it does seem to be a Union-cultivated attitude. Easier for them to control the masses that way, if nobody plans for the long term..."

"Ah I see well I am quite a bit older than you my good man, and I had a marvelous time with a young Verbena witch during a stop at one of their Sesonal Realms just last month, a most glorious lady, beautiful, compassionate and skilled with a blade like no other, age matters little my friend little at all."
Rodger said and grinned and Heather could not help but give just a little bit of a giggle.
"Ehm...forgive me Sir."
She said which made the Eterite grin even wider.
He chuckled, "True enough, though it would seem most men eventually require a little... artificial assistance for the endurance aspects of things; granted that maturity and experience goes a long way in compensating for... youthful enthusiasm."

"It would probably be a good thing if you could write up all you know about the Battle Cruisers Mr Wainwright that was our own realms and ships would stand a better chance to defend themselves, though off course wth their pure power even knowledge will only get us so far."
Rodger said then he considered.
"Hum...Battle Cruisers of our own, it would be an amazing boon against both the Nephandi and the Technocrazy, I think quite a few magi would be willing to make such a sacrifice depending off course on what such a bonding would entail, if the polyps are not themselves corrupted but become so by their Nephandi masters then their disgusting looks should not deter us from using a powerful weapon."
The Etherite said and nodded.
"It is like with Aunt Agnes one of my Mentor's Cabalmates, she was ugly as sin but damn could the woman throw a fireball, she was of that Hermetic House...oh...ah...the name escapes me."
He nodded, "Oh, i will document them as far as I am able, perhaps even study them in their natural habitats like a magical Sir David Attenborough. That said, there're a few other assets in that theater of war in the making, as well, such as your own Admiral's spectacular flagship."
He grinned, "That sounds very much like House Flambeau - though I do note that the other Houses also know how to blow things up."

"Now that would be a glorious symbol and no I can think of no one better to hold the Traditions banner in the war, they would be a unifying force a symbol of hope."
Rodger agreed and nodded.
"One of my ancestors, liniagewise, have written in his journal about him and his Amalgam meeting the First Cabal in glorious battle one...and getting their behinds unsermoniously kicked, the Amalgam bearely escaped with their lives."
He said and chuckeled a little.
He nodded, "I'm sure that was a lively battle indeed. Hum, I am a bit of a history buff, with an interest in the First Cabal. I don't suppose you might be willing and able to get me a copy of that journal entry? Might be interesting to read about the group from the perspective of the enemy, as it were..."

"Hum...that is a big one, let me alter our course slightely to give it some space but yes that is an Elemental, you will see allot of air Elementals as we near Chicago the city is a hot spot for them, most of them are either friendly though or they will just ignore us, though some of their kind can be extremely curious, spirits of knowledge they are and if you need to make a deal with one, air Elementals are often motivated more by new knowledge than in stored Ethe...ehm Tass."
Rodger informed you and made sure to give the Elemental a wide berth the spirit still ingored the ship, it had places to be and no time for mages in fancy tin cans.
He nodded, "Of course, the Windy City... Hm, I'll make a note of that aspect of air; might prove useful in the future."

((OOC: Quite alright. I think I'll be getting a bit of rest, myself. My legs feel like someone's been hammering 4 inch nails into the muscles. Or maybe injecting them with the bloody serum. Razz Shouldn't have gone for that mountain hike yesterday. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Nicole went through the portal with her rifle at the ready, as though expecting trouble. On the discovery that there wasn't a greeting-party, carefully listened to see if anybody else was in the auto shop.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 17, 2018 5:48 pm

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

You got out of the wall hanging portal, the same sick feeling following stepping through the gateway this time and it felt like taking a breath of fresh air after a long, hot drive in a car with no AC to get back to physical reality, even if the old auto shop stand of oil, beer and fouler things. You did not see the prisoners you had left though when you stepped though and the bodies had been dealt with, probably by Morgan's team.

There where nothing dangerous that you could see in the old auto shop, though you did see a white and gray cat that had gotten in and who had found a bag og chips in one of the cabinets and she was clawing the bag open, the cat had a nick in her right ear and was far to skinny, probably she was one of many animals who had been dumped by humans who found caring for a pet to be impractical when their life situation changed, they where going on vecation or they just got bored. The cat glanced in your direction, grabbed the bag she could smell contained something eddible and jumped to a taller shelf to make sure you did not take her food away, the little animal where clearly hungry.

Colin nodded, "Quite right... human short-sightedness has caused many of the problems of today - it does seem to be a Union-cultivated attitude. Easier for them to control the masses that way, if nobody plans for the long term..."

Heather nodded at that.
"I would a gree with that assessment Sir, we have become a generation expecting instant gratification on everything and we have been taught that the resources will never end so we can just keep spending them with no thought for the future, it is sad really, and frightening."
She said and sigh.

He chuckled, "True enough, though it would seem most men eventually require a little... artificial assistance for the endurance aspects of things; granted that maturity and experience goes a long way in compensating for... youthful enthusiasm."

"The question then is if it is just the technical performance and endrance you would consider life affirming, to be honest the days when I found that part to be the most interesting part are far behind me, sure they are a part of the whole, but taking one's time have it's charms, you could compare it to cheap supermarket booze, it gets the job done quickly and you can have allot of it for a few bucks versus a fine, aged Italian wine enjoyed while watching the sunset on a veranda by the sea in good company after a nice meal, there is a time and place for both but I would not say one is less life affirming than the other."
Rodger said and smiled and again Heather giggeled a little.

He nodded, "Oh, i will document them as far as I am able, perhaps even study them in their natural habitats like a magical Sir David Attenborough. That said, there're a few other assets in that theater of war in the making, as well, such as your own Admiral's spectacular flagship."

"Ah yes I have heard some rumors about a new flagship that will be a most interesting revelation."
Rodger said and nodded.
"Studying the polyps, you better be careful then my good man that you do not end up their lunch I would think being eaten by baby tumors to be a most unplesant and humiliating end."

He grinned, "That sounds very much like House Flambeau - though I do note that the other Houses also know how to blow things up."

"Ah...yes that was the name House Flambeau, that was the House Aunt Agnes was of. You are right off course the whole Order of Hermes are rather known for being quite skilled at blowing things up but that House is rumored to be particularly good at it."
The Umbral pilot said and smiled.

He nodded, "I'm sure that was a lively battle indeed. Hum, I am a bit of a history buff, with an interest in the First Cabal. I don't suppose you might be willing and able to get me a copy of that journal entry? Might be interesting to read about the group from the perspective of the enemy, as it were..."

"That should not be a problem I inherited the journal from my Mentor, the journal belonged to his Mentor's Mentor, I can take a copy of the entry in question and have it faxed to you."
Rodger agreed.

He nodded, "Of course, the Windy City... Hm, I'll make a note of that aspect of air; might prove useful in the future."

"Knowing how to bribe transdimentional entities can be most useful Indeed Mr Wainwright."
Rodger said as you begun to see the Umbral representation of Chicago in the distance beautiful and shimmering with areas of decay and constant storms howling between the skyscrapers, there where more spirits now as well but none of them where getting close to the shuttle, you also saw another ship on your screen, this ship also headed to Chicago and probably to the Umbral docks.

(OOC: It is wise to stay away from said serum it is not good for you. Razz I have no need to climb mountains they are pretty enough looking at from a distance. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 17, 2018 6:01 pm

"I do not care where I am as long as I get away from here."
Cecilia muttered. Alison frowned.
"The basement is pretty full Mr Yager, last I heard they had to drug every prisoner there just is not enough guards to keep everyone covered."
The hedge wizard whispered and Cecilia whipered fearfully.
"I do not want that!"
She exclaimed and she stepped a bit away again getting dangerously close to the ledge.
"Just take her to the common room and watch over her there Sir."
Allison said quickly.
"Before she hurts herself, we will sort things out later."

"Sorry about that. Sorry about that."' Serge apologized despite not being the one who had worried the women more. "Common room it is then. We'll take you down there soon."

"You know I don't know your name yet. Hey! My name is Serge. How about you?"  he asked innocently trying to calm the women more getting her to talk about something else other than her imprisonment.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 17, 2018 6:21 pm

Cecilia looked back now that Serge had calmed her down a little and she noticed Adley and how close she was to the ledge. "Oh my!" She exclaimed she did not step away from the ledge though she did not want to step closer into the make shift infirmary.
Allison gave Adley a slight bow. "Ah Sir, forgive the trouble she paniced as soon as she arrived, we where thinking taking her downstairs would be a good idea."
"Oh! I didn't see you there." Serge said as Cecilia drew his focus to the man behind her. "Hey Mr. Roth Hicks. Glad your back." Serge said giving the Hermetic a friendly wave. Then gesturing towards the women Serge said, "You know more about her then I do. Do you think it's OK if we let her chill downstairs?"
"I do not care where I am as long as I get away from here." Cecilia muttered. Alison frowned. "The basement is pretty full Mr Yager, last I heard they had to drug every prisoner there just is not enough guards to keep everyone covered."
The hedge wizard whispered and Cecilia whipered fearfully. "I do not want that!" She exclaimed and she stepped a bit away again getting dangerously close to the ledge.
"Just take her to the common room and watch over her there Sir." Allison said quickly. "Before she hurts herself, we will sort things out later."
"Sorry about that. Sorry about that."' Serge apologized despite not being the one who had worried the women more. "Common room it is then. We'll take you down there soon. You know I don't know your name yet. Hey! My name is Serge. How about you?"  he asked innocently trying to calm the women more getting her to talk about something else other than her imprisonment.

Adley nodded to Serge and Allison, still panting from the run up the stairs and held his hands in the sigils for his spell just in case she fell - she was still quite close to the edge. "Yes, here, let me help you downstairs then shall I?" he said, walking up the stairs but still ready to try to catch her. "I apologize for scaring you, it was not intentional," he added. They could figure out the details downstairs - he assumed that one of the Deacons would be able to help with figuring out where to put her but they were low on guards. If Serge walked with them, he could fill him in a bit on the people upstairs...of course, right now, going all the way back downstairs was not something he relished but necessary. Once everyone was situated and home, he could afford to rest. But not yet...he hoped he got to before the potion wore off.

// oh right, the Nephandi stuck in the umbra -  since they're not directly in the ship, but on the other side of the portal, I suppose they weren't in the scan Narim did. Something still on the to-do list then, perhaps for Tane and his team since they might spot them in there.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 17, 2018 6:39 pm

[Adley and Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"Sorry about that. Sorry about that."' Serge apologized despite not being the one who had worried the women more. "Common room it is then. We'll take you down there soon."

"It is...not your fault I...I am sorry...ok...common room sounds good."
The woman said still pretty scared.

"You know I don't know your name yet. Hey! My name is Serge. How about you?" he asked innocently trying to calm the women more getting her to talk about something else other than her imprisonment.

"Cecilia...my name is Cecilia."
The prisoner muttered and looked at you and gave you a very nervous smile though she looked ready to bolt at any time.

Adley nodded to Serge and Allison, still panting from the run up the stairs and held his hands in the sigils for his spell just in case she fell - she was still quite close to the edge. "Yes, here, let me help you downstairs then shall I?" he said, walking up the stairs but still ready to try to catch her.

"O...ok...thank you Theodore...ehm or Mr Roth Hicks that is what...ehm Serge...called you?"
Cecilia said and she did not retrat from you, it seamed that for some reason she trusted Adley, at least a little but.

"I apologize for scaring you, it was not intentional," he added.

"I...it is ok...I...am sorry for panicking I just...do not like...labs..."
She muttere and looked around nervously.

They could figure out the details downstairs - he assumed that one of the Deacons would be able to help with figuring out where to put her but they were low on guards. If Serge walked with them, he could fill him in a bit on the people upstairs...of course, right now, going all the way back downstairs was not something he relished but necessary. Once everyone was situated and home, he could afford to rest. But not yet...he hoped he got to before the potion wore off.

Cecilia let you help her down the stairs, she clamed down consideraly once away from the infirmary and again apologized for making a fuzz.
"I am so sorry I just...it reminded me of...and I freaked out...I am sorry..."
She muttered quite used to punishment if she did anything to displease one of the true Nephandi. She walked on her own but could need a little support since her hands was bound that affected her blanace and she would not be able to catch herself if she tripped.

(OOC: Yes they are not on the ship but in the Umbra or rather stuck in the Gauntlet at the autoshop like Nephandi blister packs.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu May 17, 2018 6:45 pm

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

It might be best then if you collect the bodies and leave out the exit your party arrived by, I do not think we can afford to wait for ten minutes, this ship is leaving.

Ok then, thanks for the heads up.

Stay safe brother.
You too, stay sharp: this is not over.

My student is becoming quite fond of you I would not like to tell her you have become lost in the Deep Umbra child.
I and this gentle folk can walk out of here by our own means, in any case, so i think we won't remain here even if the ship goes. But don't worry, that won't be necesary, and she'll have me always. Tane shot a smile at the old master and got off to find the werewolve's remains.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 17, 2018 6:52 pm

"Cecilia...my name is Cecilia."
The prisoner muttered and looked at you and gave you a very nervous smile though she looked ready to bolt at any time.
"O...ok...thank you Theodore...ehm or Mr Roth Hicks that is what...ehm Serge...called you?"
Cecilia said and she did not retrat from you, it seamed that for some reason she trusted Adley, at least a little but.
Adley wrote:Adley nodded to Serge and Allison, still panting from the run up the stairs and held his hands in the sigils for his spell just in case she fell - she was still quite close to the edge. "Yes, here, let me help you downstairs then shall I?" he said, walking up the stairs but still ready to try to catch her. "I apologize for scaring you, it was not intentional," he added. They could figure out the details downstairs - he assumed that one of the Deacons would be able to help with figuring out where to put her but they were low on guards. If Serge walked with them, he could fill him in a bit on the people upstairs...of course, right now, going all the way back downstairs was not something he relished but necessary. Once everyone was situated and home, he could afford to rest. But not yet...he hoped he got to before the potion wore off.

Serge did join them as they went back down to the common room wanting to both help Cecilia and also eager see who else had returned to Steelhaven.

Cecilia let you help her down the stairs, she clamed down consideraly once away from the infirmary and again apologized for making a fuzz.
"I am so sorry I just...it reminded me of...and I freaked out...I am sorry..."
She muttered quite used to punishment if she did anything to displease one of the true Nephandi. She walked on her own but could need a little support since her hands was bound that affected her blanace and she would not be able to catch herself if she tripped.

"Relax, it's not your fault." Serge assured her kindly. "Emotions are emotions and you have a very good reason for yours. No need to apologize."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Anja's Post:

The smell of the shop, while unpleasant to others was reassuringly familiar to Nicole, and beat the scent of that ship. Took a few deep breaths, gave the others a moment to get back their bearings. Watched the cat dully, slightly suspicious of it. After a suitable pause, will turn to face the others. 'Now... time for the blindfold.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 17, 2018 7:09 pm

"O...ok...thank you Theodore...ehm or Mr Roth Hicks that is what...ehm Serge...called you?" Cecilia said and she did not retrat from you, it seamed that for some reason she trusted Adley, at least a little but.

He sighed and said, "Very well, let us go downstairs then." Well, that was why shadow names existed . He offered a hand out so that he could help her downstairs, slowly so that she wouldn't be startled by being touched.

Cecilia let you help her down the stairs, she clamed down consideraly once away from the infirmary and again apologized for making a fuzz. "I am so sorry I just...it reminded me of...and I freaked out...I am sorry..." She muttered quite used to punishment if she did anything to displease one of the true Nephandi. She walked on her own but could need a little support since her hands was bound that affected her blanace and she would not be able to catch herself if she tripped.
"Relax, it's not your fault." Serge assured her kindly. "Emotions are emotions and you have a very good reason for yours. No need to apologize."

"I did not realise that the infirmary would remind you of the lab, though in hindsight I can see it clearly. There is nothing to apologize for." He looked over at Serge and said, "Thank you for your help," he said.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 17, 2018 7:27 pm

[Morgan's shuttle, 3:30 PM]
"The question then is if it is just the technical performance and endrance you would consider life affirming, to be honest the days when I found that part to be the most interesting part are far behind me, sure they are a part of the whole, but taking one's time have it's charms, you could compare it to cheap supermarket booze, it gets the job done quickly and you can have allot of it for a few bucks versus a fine, aged Italian wine enjoyed while watching the sunset on a veranda by the sea in good company after a nice meal, there is a time and place for both but I would not say one is less life affirming than the other."
Rodger said and smiled and again Heather giggeled a little.
He grinned, "Very true. Though, for the explicit purpose of vigorously countering Jhor, I suppose the, hm, vitality of youth does have a little more to offer... Not, of course, that I think such capacity is the more important, just that it's possibly a more, hm, potent element for that one particular purpose. Regardless, I'll probably be more meticulous and analytical in how I try to rid myself of this Resonance, to see if I find some universal method that is quick and reliable... and what the potential costs would be."

"Ah yes I have heard some rumors about a new flagship that will be a most interesting revelation."
Rodger said and nodded.
"Studying the polyps, you better be careful then my good man that you do not end up their lunch I would think being eaten by baby tumors to be a most unplesant and humiliating end."
He grinned, "So you're saying I should rely on telescopic lenses and bluescreen for the documentary videos?"

"That should not be a problem I inherited the journal from my Mentor, the journal belonged to his Mentor's Mentor, I can take a copy of the entry in question and have it faxed to you."
Rodger agreed.
He nodded, "I appreciate it; finding more sources to shed light on things of the distant past is always a boon... even if perhaps the new sources are somewhat biased. But then, by now almost all sources on the issue are..."

"Knowing how to bribe transdimentional entities can be most useful Indeed Mr Wainwright."
Rodger said as you begun to see the Umbral representation of Chicago in the distance beautiful and shimmering with areas of decay and constant storms howling between the skyscrapers, there where more spirits now as well but none of them where getting close to the shuttle, you also saw another ship on your screen, this ship also headed to Chicago and probably to the Umbral docks.
He nodded thoughtfully, "True, knowing what the other person wants is always good for negotiations... Hum, there's another incoming ship here. Do we have some means of IDing her?"

((OOC: Normally I'd agree, but this mountain has squirrels. Wink ))

((OOC2: Nephandi stuck in the Umbra between the auto shop and the ship... why do I have the mental image of two suction cups being pulled apart with a few drops of water stretched between them?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next