Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 23 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Warpmind Sun May 27, 2018 9:10 pm

[Morgan's Shuttle, 3:30 PM]
"I was considering speaking to that man over this matter."
Colin nodded, "I'll ask Master Min for copies of his notes, then?"

"Well, let's see what we can do if anything."
He smiled thinly to himself, "His talent is incredible - losing that would be a harsh blow. But nowhere near as harsh as his actions giving D'Angelo even the flimsiest legal justification for tearing the Chantry apart... which I have little doubt she would right now."

Rodger glanced over at you and nodded.
"Did you manage to get your call done allright my good man?"
He asked.
He nodded, "Yes, a few bureaucratic hiccups at home in the aftermath of the battle. A question of ownership, a few matters I asked my second-in-command to attend to until I return. The engine room was surprisingly quiet, actually; I had expected a somewhat louder hum. It sounds smooth, though."

[Morningstar, 4:30 PM]
Anna sigh and looked down.
"I guess that is good Mentor it...it is all so strange yesterday I was on another side of the war so to cheer for Nephandi to get captured, killed or worse is...I feel like a traitor, I guess I am a traitor."
She muttered and she started plucking at her socks.
He nodded, "I would not want you to cheer for anyone getting captured and killed or worse... I wouldn't call you a traitor, though, more like a lost child finally come home. For all Gabriel taught you, he still tricked you into twisting your dragon."
He smiled wryly, "Oh, and socks, Sweetie."

Anna nodded softly she was shivering slightly.
"I guess that is ok Mentor but I do not think I will enjoy being thrown in a cell, do you think they will hurt me on Horizon, I have seen how prisoners where treated at the Labyrinth."
She muttered clearly quite scared and concerned.
He shook his head, "The difference is, we've got laws on the subject - you are my apprentice; that means they have got to go through me. In comparison, I know what Gabriel did to the last person who tried to get you. In all honesty, I am not sure I would have been as merciful as Gabriel in that situation."

"They have corn syrup in pasta dishes Mentor? But why corn syrup is sweet I do not want sweet pasta."
The little girl said and scratched her head and wrinkeled her nose as the chain on the cuffs temporarily got stuck in her hair.
"The paste my former Mentor made was good though."
She protested.
He snorted, "They put that bloody corn syrup in everything premade these days. It's not just a sweetener, but a cheap way to make the food seem more filling. A flavour enhancer, to make it less bland. I try to avoid pre-made food as much as possible; at the very least, it is possible to limit the intake of it."

Anna looked at you for a moment then she sigh and nodded.
"I guess that makes sense Mentor."
She muttered. Heather looked at Harmony and asked if she could speak and when the other Cultist nodded she said.
"I got hurt once, I was riding my bike and I got hit by a car, when I woke up at the hospital I did not know where I was, or what had happened and I paniced. I am very glad the staff did not let me flail about so that my recently set arm would get broken again and perhaps permanently damaged. I agree force is used to foten against children when administering medical treatments, unless we are talking life or death I do not think physical force should be used but I am also sure those nurses just wanted to help you."
Heather said and Anna said and looked down.
"I guess...but they could have waited and talked with me and found out why I pullet that needle out and why I was scared and not just held me down."
She muttered sadly.
"They held me down and stuck me with a needle I was so scared."
She said and tears welled up in her eyes.
He nodded, "They could have stopped to ask, yes, but you had a gunshot wound to the chest; as far as they knew, yours was a life or death case."

"They should have talked with me and not just held me down."
Anna protested.
"You have filked complaints about the nurse here? So she was not allowed to do what she did."
She said tears still rolling down her cheeks.
He nodded, "She was instructed that there would be no needles, and she ignored it because children 'don't know their own good'. I have very little reason to believe she will be allowed near children in a professional fashion again..."

Anna looked down and plucked at her socks.
"I guess when you put it that way Mentor I do not want her family to suffer. But I was scared and she hurt me."
He nodded, "I know you were scared. That's part of why I am not angry for your using too much force against the nurse. It is also part of why I want you to learn to fight more effectively without using highly damaging or potentially lethal means."

"Yeah that makes sense, but there is a difference between harming someone by accident while helping them and doing something to someone who do not want it."
The girl protested. Harmony nodded.
"I agree force should not normally be used but there are a few times when one just...have to if a patient is either to young to understand the situation or they are not in the right state of mind to make a decicion which might end up killing them. When I was a child my brother got cancer, he was so little and the treatment was painful, and while my parents tried to talk him into it and reward im afterwards he was just five, and there where times they had to hold him down, assuming he would rather be alive and uffer pain for a short time than die and he as to young to be able to make that choice and because of that my brother lived."
She said then she sigh and hunched down beside Anna.
"Let me put it this way, if you where in a Quiet and you could not understand what you where doing and you where heaidng off a cliff, would you like your Mentor to grab you and keep you from falling to your death?"
She asked and Anna nodded.
"Off course I do not want to die."
Harmony smiled.
"And that is the way those nurses thought as well, that while getting a new IV might be scary and hurt a little for a moment, you would prefer being alive. They wanted to help you."
The Cultist said and Anna looked at her and then at you and then she loooked down again.
"I...I guess I do not want them to be hurt then even if they scared me, if they actually wanted to help."
The little girl finally agreed.
Colin simply smiled warmly.

Anna listened to you for a moment then she sigh.
"Ok I will try not to hurt anyone then but I will not let anyone use needles on me, or any of my friends if they do nto want to and I will use what force I have to in order to get away."
She muttered and she plucked more eagarly at her socks the topic clearly stressing her.
He nodded, "That is quite fair. Just keep in mind that you should always try to use as little force as necessary. You never know how long you'll have to ration out your power, or if someone will decide that your use of force was excessive, and call in people to escalate the situation... Hm, we'll have to work out some quick Rotes with luck to help out with daring escapes like that..."

"Yes let us change the topic Mentor."
Anna agreed and Harmony smiled.
"I think I explained most of it, the collar will allow your Mentor to control how you use your magick, it is painless and you will not feel his control but if you try to go against what he allows then Quintessence just will not flow. You have to be willing to give him this control though. You both put a drop of blood on the collar, he puts in on you and then you have to tell him you consent to letting him have this control over you, then you give him one of your hairs, it do not matter that your hair is short, the hair is symbolic, he then close the collar and wrap the hair around the seam and that will seal it and it's effects will come into being, and then only he can remove the collar again unless he dies when it's control is either transferred to another person, this is also something you have to consent to or the collar opens."
Harmony explained.
"The rest are the boring details about how much Tass it consumes and such."
He smiled, "So, you have my word, I will not use it punitively, only to protect you, give you a shield against a world that does not yet trust you. Do you accept this restraint of your power as part of your apprenticeship?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 23 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 27, 2018 9:23 pm

Anja's Post:

Resisting the urge to simply grab, Nicole looked around for a pair of tongs, pliers or the like to remove the items without actually touching them.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 28, 2018 4:31 am

Colin nodded, "I'll ask Master Min for copies of his notes, then?"

"Pardon? I am not sure why you would need notes regarding the hedge witch from him...?"

You headed downstairs you saw the tired guards, Helga,Jon and Anton had the responsibility for all of the prisoners, the prisoners where bound to wall fixtures and heavily drugged but it was still a daunting task. The three guards nodded to you as you headed to your brother's make shift cell. Kyle was sleeping soundly in his bed. Freddy stood as she heard you come in, her eyes focusing now but she still could not see clearly. "Adley is that you?"

He nodded to those left guarding - it was a thin watch and they looked tired. Not the best of situations. Then he headed to where Kyle and Freddy were. "Yes, it is. I was talking with my amicus and he said you had his room key which I need to borrow, please. I will try to bring the key back as soon as I can. Thank you for looking after him," he added, looking at Kyle with a worried expression.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 28, 2018 6:10 am

You got the two confused fish over to the catatonic man, you noticed though that after you place them on a small table by his bedside his eyes started following them, following their movements and he smiled a little.

"His eyes are moving." Serge noted. "That's good. That means he can see things and react to them and there's no brain damage affecting his nervous system."

He then began to talk to the catatonic man. "Hey, guess you like the fishies huh. If you can hear us, but are unable to talk move your eyes wildly. Don't worry I have a way for us to talk but I want to know if your conscious."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 28, 2018 7:54 am

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"His eyes are moving." Serge noted. "That's good. That means he can see things and react to them and there's no brain damage affecting his nervous system."

"There might be, there are some marks that indicate his skull have been drilled into, and his spinal fluids have been drained but yes it is great that we get some reaction from him Mr Yager."
Allison said softly she was clearly concerned.

He then began to talk to the catatonic man. "Hey, guess you like the fishies huh. If you can hear us, but are unable to talk move your eyes wildly. Don't worry I have a way for us to talk but I want to know if your conscious."

The man whimpered slightly and seamed to shy away from you, afraid of you, afraid of everything, but he did not speak or take his eyes of the fish bowl.

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 4 in the afternoon.)

Resisting the urge to simply grab, Nicole looked around for a pair of tongs, pliers or the like to remove the items without actually touching them.

There where several tongs and pliers hanging from the tool rack on the back wall some of those should work to get the items out of the safe without touching them.

[Colin] (Morningstar 5 in the afternoon)

He nodded, "Yes, a few bureaucratic hiccups at home in the aftermath of the battle. A question of ownership, a few matters I asked my second-in-command to attend to until I return. The engine room was surprisingly quiet, actually; I had expected a somewhat louder hum. It sounds smooth, though."

"Ah bureaucratic problems, as irritating as a Hit-Mark in a bee farm."
Rodger commented and grimaced.
"Hum...yes the engines was well mainteined by the former owner before the ship was put into storage."
The Etherite said.

He nodded, "I would not want you to cheer for anyone getting captured and killed or worse... I wouldn't call you a traitor, though, more like a lost child finally come home. For all Gabriel taught you, he still tricked you into twisting your dragon."

"I stepped into the Caul...I was not tricked....I...I...but I...I was a Nephandus and now I am being apprenticed by a Traditionalist, how is that not being a traitor?"
Anna asked and she looked up at you with tears in her eyes.

He smiled wryly, "Oh, and socks, Sweetie."

The young mage looked down at her feet and she seamed a little embarrassed.
"Yeah oops sorry."

He shook his head, "The difference is, we've got laws on the subject - you are my apprentice; that means they have got to go through me. In comparison, I know what Gabriel did to the last person who tried to get you. In all honesty, I am not sure I would have been as merciful as Gabriel in that situation."

That seamed to reassure the young Nephanda and she gave you a bit of a smile.
"You would really defend me Mentor? And beat up Doc with all his tentacle arms?"
She asked.
"Gabriel beat him up when he tried to hurt me, and that idiot Diego to."

He snorted, "They put that bloody corn syrup in everything premade these days. It's not just a sweetener, but a cheap way to make the food seem more filling. A flavour enhancer, to make it less bland. I try to avoid pre-made food as much as possible; at the very least, it is possible to limit the intake of it."

"Is that corn syrup stuff why I am fat?"
She asked and pinched some of the baby fat on her arm. At least she was still a little plump you remember how skinny she had gotten in the timeline where the serum had been used on her.
"I can make a dish Mentor I can make an omelet with bacon and peas."
She anounced.

He nodded, "They could have stopped to ask, yes, but you had a gunshot wound to the chest; as far as they knew, yours was a life or death case."

"I do not want to die Mentor, but they should have seen I was not about to die."
Anna grumbeled.
"But I guess I can forgive them...perhaps."

He nodded, "She was instructed that there would be no needles, and she ignored it because children 'don't know their own good'. I have very little reason to believe she will be allowed near children in a professional fashion again..."

"Ok...I guess that is punishment enough."
Anna muttered and pouted. Harmony smiled to the little girl.
"You know you could make allot more of a difference if you write articles your Mentor can put on the internet if you are not allowed internet accsess yourself at once, and in other ways working for there being less force used on children under medical treatments for I agree it is used to much I work at a hospital as a physiotherapist so I see quite allot of it, not in my department as much but children held down and forced for non critical examinations and treatments, I do not think this is good however you can not really do much about that by hurting nurses, violence will just lead to them using more violence but spreading the word on how damaging it is and trying to change plicies that might make a difference and be more constructive."
The Cultist said and Anna looked confused.
"You really think so?"
She asked and Harmony nodded.

He nodded, "I know you were scared. That's part of why I am not angry for your using too much force against the nurse. It is also part of why I want you to learn to fight more effectively without using highly damaging or potentially lethal means."

"I guess I do not have to hurt them...but I am not letting anyone do that to me again, I am not just going to let nurses hurt me."
The young mage muttered and pouted.

He nodded, "That is quite fair. Just keep in mind that you should always try to use as little force as necessary. You never know how long you'll have to ration out your power, or if someone will decide that your use of force was excessive, and call in people to escalate the situation... Hm, we'll have to work out some quick Rotes with luck to help out with daring escapes like that..."

"Yeah escaping is more important than doing violance. I would like to learn how to get away more efficiently, after all when I was trained to fight I was trained as backup really, stopping the magick of others rather than trying to fight smeone directly."
The young mage said and nodded.

He smiled, "So, you have my word, I will not use it punitively, only to protect you, give you a shield against a world that does not yet trust you. Do you accept this restraint of your power as part of your apprenticeship?"

"That is ok Mentor, I have been given time outs and such before. My former Mentor never laid hands on me but there where times where I was forbidden from using magick for a few days or where set to bed withtout dinner it is ok if you want to stop me from using magick for a little while I trust you would not do it for long."
Anna said and smiled and she nodded.
"yeah I consent."

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

He nodded to those left guarding - it was a thin watch and they looked tired. Not the best of situations. Then he headed to where Kyle and Freddy were. "Yes, it is. I was talking with my amicus and he said you had his room key which I need to borrow, please. I will try to bring the key back as soon as I can. Thank you for looking after him," he added, looking at Kyle with a worried expression.

Kyle was rather pale, you saw one of his long fingered hands holding onto the blanket whick reminded you of Arto and what had happened to him, the boy seamed to sleep peacefully though, he had had a rough morning and needed a few hours of rest.
"Ah yes of course."
Freddy said and she felt around in her pockets until she found the key and she handed it to you.
"Here you go...is Colin ok? I have been rather worried about him."
The young Virtual Adept asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 am

"There might be, there are some marks that indicate his skull have been drilled into, and his spinal fluids have been drained but yes it is great that we get some reaction from him Mr Yager."
Allison said softly she was clearly concerned.

"I can talk to him in his mind if he's unable to speak." Serge said letting Allison know what he planned on doing. "But I want him to let me. I don't want to force anything on him. He's already been through enough."

The man whimpered slightly and seamed to shy away from you, afraid of you, afraid of everything, but he did not speak or take his eyes of the fish bowl.

"Yeah I can't blame him. That was a pretty stupid thing to ask of him." Serge admitted to himself.

"Your afraid. I understand that. After what you've been through it's no wonder. But you don't need to be afraid of me. I can talk to you. More importantly I can listen to you. Listen to your worries and problems. I can help you. But I need you to let me." Serge said softly, trying to seem as unthreatening and friendly as he could.

He could force a telepathic connection with the man but Serge was a mage long enough to know that was a stupid idea. If the man resisted his magick it wouldn't end well for either of them. He wanted to show the man their was no need to be afraid of him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 28, 2018 8:54 am

"Pardon? I am not sure why you would need notes regarding the hedge witch from him...?"
Colin frowned, "No, I meant bringing Master Tolle up to speed on the Italians... bringing them down should end most of the problems... but it's a slow process, and I would rather secure a few more pieces of evidence first... Never mind, then; I'll not ask Master Min."

"Ah bureaucratic problems, as irritating as a Hit-Mark in a bee farm."
Rodger commented and grimaced.
"Hum...yes the engines was well mainteined by the former owner before the ship was put into storage."
The Etherite said.
He frowned, "No, possibly a bit worse; the HIT-Mark does not have to be in the bee farm, after all. Bureaucracy is a necessary evil; usually with emphasis on necessary."

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"I stepped into the Caul...I was not tricked....I...I...but I...I was a Nephandus and now I am being apprenticed by a Traditionalist, how is that not being a traitor?"
Anna asked and she looked up at you with tears in her eyes.
He smiled thinly, "You've come home, Sweetie. I'll allow, the textbook definition of a traitor may fit, but you should never have been convinced to enter the Caul in the first place."

The young mage looked down at her feet and she seamed a little embarrassed.
"Yeah oops sorry."
He grinned, "Quite alright; I know how to darn socks. Still going to have to budget for extras... and I'm afraid you will get few socks with ponies or Disney princesses on them."

That seamed to reassure the young Nephanda and she gave you a bit of a smile.
"You would really defend me Mentor? And beat up Doc with all his tentacle arms?"
She asked.
"Gabriel beat him up when he tried to hurt me, and that idiot Diego to."
He nodded, a dark look in his eyes, "I would. I just might not leave them breathing afterwards."

"Is that corn syrup stuff why I am fat?"
She asked and pinched some of the baby fat on her arm. At least she was still a little plump you remember how skinny she had gotten in the timeline where the serum had been used on her.
"I can make a dish Mentor I can make an omelet with bacon and peas."
She anounced.
He tilted his head to the side, "It won't have helped... You're not really fat, though - you'll need those reserves to grow on over the next few years. And omelettes are good; I'm sure your apprenticeship will get to include some more complex cooking, as well."

"I do not want to die Mentor, but they should have seen I was not about to die."
Anna grumbeled.
"But I guess I can forgive them...perhaps."
He nodded, "They saw your wound seemed to be closing itself, but they could not understand how, or why. Without such understanding, they had to fall back on standard procedure, not realizing it would hurt you more..."

"Ok...I guess that is punishment enough."
Anna muttered and pouted. Harmony smiled to the little girl.
"You know you could make allot more of a difference if you write articles your Mentor can put on the internet if you are not allowed internet accsess yourself at once, and in other ways working for there being less force used on children under medical treatments for I agree it is used to much I work at a hospital as a physiotherapist so I see quite allot of it, not in my department as much but children held down and forced for non critical examinations and treatments, I do not think this is good however you can not really do much about that by hurting nurses, violence will just lead to them using more violence but spreading the word on how damaging it is and trying to change plicies that might make a difference and be more constructive."
The Cultist said and Anna looked confused.
"You really think so?"
She asked and Harmony nodded.
He nodded, "That's a good idea. However, I can improve upon it - Dr. Lee's little sister will be around, so you two can help one another cope with your fears; it will only be beneficial for you both. Her mentor is a fairly well-known doctor, and his name does apparently carry some weight. Having him publish the articles might lend them more credibility than I could, and he would be able to... pinpoint and edit out any identifying information we would not want to get out, as well as accidental references to magical treatment."

"I guess I do not have to hurt them...but I am not letting anyone do that to me again, I am not just going to let nurses hurt me."
The young mage muttered and pouted.
He nodded, "That's fine - I don't want you to simply give up, I just don't want you to cause more harm than absolutely necessary."

"Yeah escaping is more important than doing violance. I would like to learn how to get away more efficiently, after all when I was trained to fight I was trained as backup really, stopping the magick of others rather than trying to fight smeone directly."
The young mage said and nodded.
He nodded, "Gabriel was protective of you, and bless him for that, but that also means he left an unfortunate gap in your training. We'll have to close that gap as soon as you are a little better."

"That is ok Mentor, I have been given time outs and such before. My former Mentor never laid hands on me but there where times where I was forbidden from using magick for a few days or where set to bed withtout dinner it is ok if you want to stop me from using magick for a little while I trust you would not do it for long."
Anna said and smiled and she nodded.
"yeah I consent."
He smiled and took her hand, gripping it gently, "Thank you..."
He turned to Harmony, "Then if you please... the collar? And I swear you will have it back, neatly cleaned up, as soon as a functional copy has been made; we have a Verditius in residence who has the skills to do so."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 28, 2018 9:47 am

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"I can talk to him in his mind if he's unable to speak." Serge said letting Allison know what he planned on doing. "But I want him to let me. I don't want to force anything on him. He's already been through enough."

"I am not sure he can let you Mr Yager he is to traumatized and drawn into himself."
Allison said and frowned.

"Yeah I can't blame him. That was a pretty stupid thing to ask of him." Serge admitted to himself.

"Your afraid. I understand that. After what you've been through it's no wonder. But you don't need to be afraid of me. I can talk to you. More importantly I can listen to you. Listen to your worries and problems. I can help you. But I need you to let me." Serge said softly, trying to seem as unthreatening and friendly as he could.

The man did not seam any less scared he whismpered slighty and curled up slightly but other than that he did not really do anything, his eyes was wide and stearing into nothing.

He frowned, "No, possibly a bit worse; the HIT-Mark does not have to be in the bee farm, after all. Bureaucracy is a necessary evil; usually with emphasis on necessary."

"You might be right Mr Wainwright, well good luck with your neccesary evil then."
Rodger said and grinned.

[Morningstar, 5 PM]

He smiled thinly, "You've come home, Sweetie. I'll allow, the textbook definition of a traitor may fit, but you should never have been convinced to enter the Caul in the first place."

"I do not really understand Mentor I only know my friends are dead, my old Mentor is dead and many of those I have grown up with will be...will be...and it do not feel right, it feels wrong."
Anna said sadly and plucked at her socks again.

He grinned, "Quite alright; I know how to darn socks. Still going to have to budget for extras... and I'm afraid you will get few socks with ponies or Disney princesses on them."

The young mage looked rather confused.
"What are Disney Princesses Mentor?"

He nodded, a dark look in his eyes, "I would. I just might not leave them breathing afterwards."

Anna smiled a little at that and nodded she patted your hand gently.

He tilted his head to the side, "It won't have helped... You're not really fat, though - you'll need those reserves to grow on over the next few years. And omelettes are good; I'm sure your apprenticeship will get to include some more complex cooking, as well."

"Some of the older Nephandi brought home fashion magazines, I do not look like that Mentor."
The young mage muttered.
"But I guess it is ok. Yeah omelettes are good and I would love to learn to cook other things as well.

He nodded, "They saw your wound seemed to be closing itself, but they could not understand how, or why. Without such understanding, they had to fall back on standard procedure, not realizing it would hurt you more..."

"Yeah...but how could putting a needle in my hand help my chest heal?"
Anna asked as she looked down at the bruise on her left hand.
"What good would that do?"

He nodded, "That's a good idea. However, I can improve upon it - Dr. Lee's little sister will be around, so you two can help one another cope with your fears; it will only be beneficial for you both.

Dr Lee have a little sister? Is she my age Mentor?"
Anna said and smiled.
"I would like and friend my age."

Her mentor is a fairly well-known doctor, and his name does apparently carry some weight. Having him publish the articles might lend them more credibility than I could, and he would be able to... pinpoint and edit out any identifying information we would not want to get out, as well as accidental references to magical treatment."

"So I can...write about my fears and how...one should not force children and such and this man you talk about can help me make the writing good and others can read it?"
Anna asked then she nodded.
"Ok...that might work...sometimes talking about my fear give me a bellyache though."

He nodded, "That's fine - I don't want you to simply give up, I just don't want you to cause more harm than absolutely necessary."

"I guess that is fair Mentor."
Anna said and nodded.
"I will try not to harm anyone."

He nodded, "Gabriel was protective of you, and bless him for that, but that also means he left an unfortunate gap in your training. We'll have to close that gap as soon as you are a little better."

"O...ok Mentor."
The little girl said and she smiled.
"Learing martial arts might be fun."

He smiled and took her hand, gripping it gently, "Thank you..."

Anna smiled to you.

He turned to Harmony, "Then if you please... the collar? And I swear you will have it back, neatly cleaned up, as soon as a functional copy has been made; we have a Verditius in residence who has the skills to do so."

Harmony nodded she seamed rather regretful as she stood up and walked over to Heather and gently removed the collar from the other Cultist's neck, you saw the paler line around Heather's throat where the collar had stopped sunlight from reaching her otherwise tan skin. Harmony turned and handed the collar to you hesitantly then she nodded.
"There are enough Quintessence for about four weeks stores into the collar, it use two drams a week, your Verditius will be able to show you show to refill it. I will loan it to you then for the favor you have done for me in saving my love. I would like it returned with the same amount of Tass in it that are in it now if possible."
She said then she sigh.
"And I would like it returned as soon as possible. Do you have any other questions about it?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 28, 2018 10:41 am

"You might be right Mr Wainwright, well good luck with your neccesary evil then."
Rodger said and grinned.
Colin grimaced, "Thank you, I fear we're going to need that..."

[Morningstar, 5PM]
"I do not really understand Mentor I only know my friends are dead, my old Mentor is dead and many of those I have grown up with will be...will be...and it do not feel right, it feels wrong."
Anna said sadly and plucked at her socks again.
Colin nodded, "Some of that regret will probably follow you for a very long time... If it helps, there were escapees, including the chap you were with when our paths crossed looking for Tian's daughter."

The young mage looked rather confused.
"What are Disney Princesses Mentor?"
He grinned broadly, "Oh, you have a HUGE gap in your knowledge, sweetie, and we'll have to remedy that. But for now... Let it go."

"Some of the older Nephandi brought home fashion magazines, I do not look like that Mentor."
The young mage muttered.
"But I guess it is ok. Yeah omelettes are good and I would love to learn to cook other things as well.
He snorted, "Most healthy humans don't look like the models in fashion magazines. That includes fashion models. Besides, most fashion models are adults; you still have a few years of growth to go through."

"Yeah...but how could putting a needle in my hand help my chest heal?"
Anna asked as she looked down at the bruise on her left hand.
"What good would that do?"
He smiled thinly, "It would have been placed to transfer new blood into your system, to replace what was lost... Painkillers, nutrients, things to strengthen your body and accelerate the natural healing process. But if it causes as much stress as it does in your case, the benefit is largely lost, at least as soon as your blood levels are topped up once. Remember, hospitals don't have the luxury of blood transfusion methods like the Verbena do."

Dr Lee have a little sister? Is she my age Mentor?"
Anna said and smiled.
"I would like and friend my age."
He smiled, "I believe she is right around your age, yes. I'm fairly certain you'll like her."

"So I can...write about my fears and how...one should not force children and such and this man you talk about can help me make the writing good and others can read it?"
Anna asked then she nodded.
"Ok...that might work...sometimes talking about my fear give me a bellyache though."
He nodded, "Baby steps. Write when you find the time and strength to do so, and take what breaks you need."

"I guess that is fair Mentor."
Anna said and nodded.
"I will try not to harm anyone."
He smiled, "Thank you."

"O...ok Mentor."
The little girl said and she smiled.
"Learing martial arts might be fun."
He nodded, "It does have its merits. I'm going to have to get some training, myself."

Harmony nodded she seamed rather regretful as she stood up and walked over to Heather and gently removed the collar from the other Cultist's neck, you saw the paler line around Heather's throat where the collar had stopped sunlight from reaching her otherwise tan skin. Harmony turned and handed the collar to you hesitantly then she nodded.
"There are enough Quintessence for about four weeks stores into the collar, it use two drams a week, your Verditius will be able to show you show to refill it. I will loan it to you then for the favor you have done for me in saving my love. I would like it returned with the same amount of Tass in it that are in it now if possible."
She said then she sigh.
"And I would like it returned as soon as possible. Do you have any other questions about it?"
He nodded, "Top up the tank, as it were, should be viable; two drams a week, I will have to work out the price of that with Chief Morgan. I... remember how to raise and lower the restrictions on the collar, from visits to the near future, but how do I assign an, er, inheritor in case of my untimely demise?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 28, 2018 11:18 am

Colin grimaced, "Thank you, I fear we're going to need that..."

"Well fate do seam to favor you Mr Wainwright, perhaps she will do so in this matter as well."
Rodger commented.

Colin nodded, "Some of that regret will probably follow you for a very long time... If it helps, there were escapees, including the chap you were with when our paths crossed looking for Tian's daughter."

"Ah that is good I like Hank...I am glad some managed to escape, even so I...drew a map I betrayed the Labyrinth I so not think I am ever going to forgive myself."
The young mage said sadly.

He grinned broadly, "Oh, you have a HUGE gap in your knowledge, sweetie, and we'll have to remedy that. But for now... Let it go."

Anna cocked her head to the side giving you a puzzeled look but she did not ask any more questions.

He snorted, "Most healthy humans don't look like the models in fashion magazines. That includes fashion models. Besides, most fashion models are adults; you still have a few years of growth to go through."

Anna nodded at that and shrugged.
"Well I guess I have better things to do than being on display and looking pretty, but why do they use pepole that do not look like pepole in the fashion magazines then?"
She asked sounding confused again.

He smiled thinly, "It would have been placed to transfer new blood into your system, to replace what was lost... Painkillers, nutrients, things to strengthen your body and accelerate the natural healing process. But if it causes as much stress as it does in your case, the benefit is largely lost, at least as soon as your blood levels are topped up once. Remember, hospitals don't have the luxury of blood transfusion methods like the Verbena do."

"I guess that makes sense, I assume I lost allot of blood when I got shot. I do not remember...I remember the shot and pain and being on the floor with Hank trying to heal me then all went dark...I think I remember being lifted and someone talking and then I woke up in the hospital bed, first I was very weak and woozy and then I noticed that thing in my hand and I pulled it out and it started to bleed. Then the nurses came running in I do not know what they used it for no one said anything to me I was afraid and confused."
Anna said and she shivered at the memory clearly rather upset.

He smiled, "I believe she is right around your age, yes. I'm fairly certain you'll like her."

"That is good, there where no one my age in the Labyrinth the youngest where the Chief's apprentice, she is 15."
Anna said and she seamed to cheer up at the prospect of a new friend.

He nodded, "Baby steps. Write when you find the time and strength to do so, and take what breaks you need."

Anna nodded at that and smiled a little sadly.
"I wish I was stronger but thinking about it upset me...my old Mentor he would...hurt pepole with needles and every time I...see one or think about them I am back in that room...seeing what he did...again and again and..."
The young mage started sobbing softly.

He nodded, "It does have its merits. I'm going to have to get some training, myself."

Anna grinned at that.
"We can learn together then Mentor."

He nodded, "Top up the tank, as it were, should be viable; two drams a week, I will have to work out the price of that with Chief Morgan. I... remember how to raise and lower the restrictions on the collar, from visits to the near future, but how do I assign an, er, inheritor in case of my untimely demise?"

"I am afraid that Tass tends to get expensive Colin."
Harmony said then she explained.
"You need to have the person touch the collar and speak that you want control to pass to them in case of your death, and Anna have to speak her consent to the process, then you should both feel a slight discharge from the collar, like touching a metal object sometimes you know when there is static electricity and it is done."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 28, 2018 12:11 pm

"Well fate do seam to favor you Mr Wainwright, perhaps she will do so in this matter as well."
Rodger commented.
Colin grinned wryly, "More like Fate has Chosen me. For janitorial duty. But on the bright side, Fate seems to prefer retaining competent staff..."

"Ah that is good I like Hank...I am glad some managed to escape, even so I...drew a map I betrayed the Labyrinth I so not think I am ever going to forgive myself."
The young mage said sadly.
He nodded, "He did not seem altogether bad - at least he was pleased you were safe as could be."

Anna nodded at that and shrugged.
"Well I guess I have better things to do than being on display and looking pretty, but why do they use pepole that do not look like pepole in the fashion magazines then?"
She asked sounding confused again.
He snorted, "Because as the old adage goes, the ideal woman for a fashion designer is a scrawny twelve-year-old boy."

"I guess that makes sense, I assume I lost allot of blood when I got shot. I do not remember...I remember the shot and pain and being on the floor with Hank trying to heal me then all went dark...I think I remember being lifted and someone talking and then I woke up in the hospital bed, first I was very weak and woozy and then I noticed that thing in my hand and I pulled it out and it started to bleed. Then the nurses came running in I do not know what they used it for no one said anything to me I was afraid and confused."
Anna said and she shivered at the memory clearly rather upset.
He nodded, "You were in shock, Sweetie, there was no reason to assume you were in a right state of mind after being shot. In a situation like that, there's never really time to explain everything to a patient who might not even be aware of their surroundings..."

Anna nodded at that and smiled a little sadly.
"I wish I was stronger but thinking about it upset me...my old Mentor he would...hurt pepole with needles and every time I...see one or think about them I am back in that room...seeing what he did...again and again and..."
The young mage started sobbing softly.
He nodded, patting Anna's hand gently, "That room no longer exists... I set the Main Node to burn itself out with Primal fire myself, and the Labyrinth in its entirety is torn down."

Anna grinned at that.
"We can learn together then Mentor."
He nodded, "Together, as soon as you are well enough to get started."

"I am afraid that Tass tends to get expensive Colin."
Harmony said then she explained.
"You need to have the person touch the collar and speak that you want control to pass to them in case of your death, and Anna have to speak her consent to the process, then you should both feel a slight discharge from the collar, like touching a metal object sometimes you know when there is static electricity and it is done."
He nodded, "I know Tass gets expensive, but on the other hand, I should be able to exchange services for some quantities thereof. I presume there are certain... flavours of Resonated Tass that will be less than ideal for use, though?"
He smiled, "That sounds simple enough. I know just the person, too - you'll meet her soon."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon May 28, 2018 2:45 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole picked a couple of the most useful-looking tools and went back to the safe. Then will pull the items out one by one, carefully looking at each one as she did so.

[Sorry about tardy reply: the updated privacy popup ran against my adware and couldn't click 'accept' until I disabled it and rebooted]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon May 28, 2018 2:51 pm

"Ah yes of course." Freddy said and she felt around in her pockets until she found the key and she handed it to you. "Here you go...is Colin ok? I have been rather worried about him." The young Virtual Adept asked.

"Thank you," he said as he took the key. "Yes, I can imagine that you were. He will be on his way soon and you both can talk. I'm sure he misses you. It was not an easy battle but we are still here to complain about it," he said carefully. "I wish I could stay but I will be back with it when I can," he said. "I'm glad my brother was not left alone, it means much to me that you were able to stay with him. I'll see you later," he said, and headed back up and then upstairs again to Colin's room to fetch what he was after.

// fate has chosen Colin for janitorial duty xD lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 28, 2018 5:29 pm

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 4 in the afternoon.)

Nicole picked a couple of the most useful-looking tools and went back to the safe. Then will pull the items out one by one, carefully looking at each one as she did so.

You got a thin wad of money, it looked like around 6000 dollars, a brown, worn looking document folder, a gun in it's case, two vials of white goop and a beautiful silver pocket watch, you got them out of the safe with no problems.

Colin grinned wryly, "More like Fate has Chosen me. For janitorial duty. But on the bright side, Fate seems to prefer retaining competent staff..."

"Yes well just be careful when clearing out fate's closets and dark corners my good man you might find things there you rather not look at to closely."
Rodger said and shrugged.

[Morningstar, 5PM]

He nodded, "He did not seem altogether bad - at least he was pleased you were safe as could be."

"Hank is pretty nice he used to show me how some of his strange machines work Mentor."
Anna said and smiled.
"I hope he will survive...do you think he will?"
She asked and looked at you.
"Survive and get away?"

He snorted, "Because as the old adage goes, the ideal woman for a fashion designer is a scrawny twelve-year-old boy."

"Then why do they not have twelve year old boys show the clothes Mentor? I mean women do not often look like twelve year old boys."
The young mage asked and she sounded rather confused.

He nodded, "You were in shock, Sweetie, there was no reason to assume you were in a right state of mind after being shot. In a situation like that, there's never really time to explain everything to a patient who might not even be aware of their surroundings..."

"I guess I was not really in the right state of mind, I mean I was pretty out of it."
Anna said and sigh she looked down.
"I guess I am sorry I hurt that nurse than even if she scared me, if she really where only trying to help, it is just that for me needles are instruments of torture and nothing else."
She muttered softly.

He nodded, patting Anna's hand gently, "That room no longer exists... I set the Main Node to burn itself out with Primal fire myself, and the Labyrinth in its entirety is torn down."

"It is gone? That room...you are sure Mentor?"
The little girl asked and looked at you her eyes wide.
"I...I can still see it though, in my mind all the time. I still hear the screams...I see the faces of the ones tortured there, I see their terror and suffering and their death...I know I make for a defective Nephandus, Gabriel wanted me to learn to like torture, but I just could not do it...it is just to horrible I...I do not want to see that again...their screams and then when they died they where no longer themselves."
The little girl whispered and balled her hands into fists.
"That room will never vanish from my head..."

He nodded, "Together, as soon as you are well enough to get started."

"I look forward to that Mentor."
The young mage said and smiled just a little.

He nodded, "I know Tass gets expensive, but on the other hand, I should be able to exchange services for some quantities thereof. I presume there are certain... flavours of Resonated Tass that will be less than ideal for use, though?"

"Static Tass would be best just just about anything not corrupted should work fine."
Harmony said. Anna chimed in.
"You said my book collection where valuable Mentor you could rent out some books for the Tass? I mean as long as I get them back eventually that is fine."

He smiled, "That sounds simple enough. I know just the person, too - you'll meet her soon."

"You are not allowed to die Mentor I have lost one Mentor already I do not want to loose one more."
Anna said firmely.
"But who is this person you are talking about?"

"Thank you," he said as he took the key. "Yes, I can imagine that you were. He will be on his way soon and you both can talk. I'm sure he misses you. It was not an easy battle but we are still here to complain about it," he said carefully.

"I have liked him for so long you know, and when I finally gathered the courage to tell him, and got together with him I do not want to lose him."
Freddy said about Colin.
"As long as he is safe, he can do what he have to do and then get back to me...but Aldey did we loose anyone else? Anyone from Steelhaven I mean?"
She asked softly.
"Ingmar called me and said everyone from my Cabal is safe but what about everyone else?"

"I wish I could stay but I will be back with it when I can," he said.

"No, no not a problem go and go what you have to, call me if you need anything else."

"I'm glad my brother was not left alone, it means much to me that you were able to stay with him. I'll see you later," he said,

"Don't worry about it, the kid suffered quite a bit of pain to...save my life today I owe him. I will watch over him until he wakes up, yeah see you later."
Freddy said as she sat down beside Kyle again.

he said, and headed back up and then upstairs again to Colin's room to fetch what he was after.

You got to Colin's room, his new owl friend sat on the kitchen table sleeping though he woke up when you came in and turned his head completely on the side and looked at you as if you where the srangest person he had ever seen, then he hooted at you. Right where Colin had said it would be you found the pine cone carefully wrapped up and safe.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply, it is so hot outside and I got lazy. I have just been watching an anime doing nothing. Even the spider think it is to hot.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon May 28, 2018 7:28 pm

"I am not sure he can let you Mr Yager he is to traumatized and drawn into himself."
Allison said and frowned.
The man did not seam any less scared he whismpered slighty and curled up slightly but other than that he did not really do anything, his eyes was wide and stearing into nothing.

"Yeah I can see that now." Serge said with his own frown. "I'll do the same thing as I did with the other guy. I'll peer slightly into his mind to see how he's doing. Check his mental state and see if he's hiding or trapped himself in his own mind. See what exactly is scaring him and preventing him from speaking."

Serge stood next to the fish and lowered himself so that he was eye level with the catatonic man. He stared deep into the man's fish-following eyes and began to meditate on them, slowly his breathing while his eyes were locked onto his. To Allison it would look similar to the actions he had taken with the previous man. He altered his state of mind and peered into the catatonic man's mind to see what was troubling him.

(OOC: Using the same spell Serge used on the previous man. Mind 1 or 2 effect to peer into the man's mind and gauge his mental state to see what's troubling him. Also to see if he's hidden himself in his own mind like the other catatonic man.

Roll: 2, 10, 2, 7 - 3, 2, 4, 8 - 5, 6, 4, 6)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon May 28, 2018 8:14 pm

"Yeah I can see that now." Serge said with his own frown. "I'll do the same thing as I did with the other guy. I'll peer slightly into his mind to see how he's doing. Check his mental state and see if he's hiding or trapped himself in his own mind. See what exactly is scaring him and preventing him from speaking."

"That might be a good idea Mr Yager, however please be careful, with someone that traumatized, you do not know what you might find in his mind."
Allison cautioned.

Serge stood next to the fish and lowered himself so that he was eye level with the catatonic man. He stared deep into the man's fish-following eyes and began to meditate on them, slowly his breathing while his eyes were locked onto his. To Allison it would look similar to the actions he had taken with the previous man. He altered his state of mind and peered into the catatonic man's mind to see what was troubling him.

You stared into the wounded man's eyes and then as you started looking into his mind you saw endless darkness, in the middle of that darkness was the man himself, strapped onto a table, rypes coming out of his arms and legs, a halo brace drilled into his skull and th cranium open, the man was screaming, and screaming and screaming inside of his own head he neither saw you or heard you he was just screaming and trange liquids where pumped into his veins and into his brain, the world had collapsed to just terror and pain, there where nothing else and you could feel that despair and horror reaching for you as if you could drown in the man's endless misery.

(OOC: Please roll willpower to be able to stave of being affected by the catatonic man's trauma.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon May 28, 2018 8:53 pm

"Yes well just be careful when clearing out fate's closets and dark corners my good man you might find things there you rather not look at to closely."
Rodger said and shrugged.
Colin frowned, "I may not have a choice... Rubbish day is coming up, and it's long overdue."

[Morningstar, 5PM]
"Hank is pretty nice he used to show me how some of his strange machines work Mentor."
Anna said and smiled.
"I hope he will survive...do you think he will?"
She asked and looked at you.
"Survive and get away?"
He nodded thoughtfully, "If he is quick and inventive, he stands a chance. We did capture Abigail's blood samples, though, so unless he can sever that connection, he's going to have a harder time of it... Speaking of, your blood sample from that set is safely away from the others, so you won't be tracked with the rest."

"Then why do they not have twelve year old boys show the clothes Mentor? I mean women do not often look like twelve year old boys."
The young mage asked and she sounded rather confused.
He smiled wryly, "Because the world is a silly place, and it would probably break the entire fashion industry if the big companies and designers came out and tried to present young boys in women's clothes... Granted, there's a difference between so-called 'high fashion' and what people actually wear. But this past century, the generally accepted 'standard of beauty' has shifted from 'fed mum' to 'hungry mummy'. There might be another shift away from that around now, though; there's a wider understanding that eating disorders are really, really unhealthy, and an undesirable trait in a potential partner."

"I guess I was not really in the right state of mind, I mean I was pretty out of it."
Anna said and sigh she looked down.
"I guess I am sorry I hurt that nurse than even if she scared me, if she really where only trying to help, it is just that for me needles are instruments of torture and nothing else."
She muttered softly.
He nodded, "If you had been conscious and coherent, you might have been able to explain that... You were not at fault, but then neither were they, lacking knowledge about your fears..."

"It is gone? That room...you are sure Mentor?"
The little girl asked and looked at you her eyes wide.
"I...I can still see it though, in my mind all the time. I still hear the screams...I see the faces of the ones tortured there, I see their terror and suffering and their death...I know I make for a defective Nephandus, Gabriel wanted me to learn to like torture, but I just could not do it...it is just to horrible I...I do not want to see that again...their screams and then when they died they where no longer themselves."
The little girl whispered and balled her hands into fists.
"That room will never vanish from my head..."
He nodded, gently taking one of Anna's hands in his, stroking it gently, "Perhaps you'll always remember it... and then again, perhaps I can help you a little with it still. I kept a single piece of the rack in the Main Node chamber - it will be the focal point in the heart of a memorial to the nameless lost, a little monument to grief, love and hope. Perhaps as that shifts the Resonances of that piece toward a better aspect, it will help soften your memory of the place... I can't promise it will help, but there is at least a chance..."

"Static Tass would be best just just about anything not corrupted should work fine."
Harmony said. Anna chimed in.
"You said my book collection where valuable Mentor you could rent out some books for the Tass? I mean as long as I get them back eventually that is fine."
He nodded, "Your library is quite precious - I was thinking we can make you a quite tidy nest egg by making copies of them. And I obtained an extremely valuable book today, as well, which most certainly can be worth making a few copies of. I would rather not risk lending out the books, though - not without almost preposterous collateral."

"You are not allowed to die Mentor I have lost one Mentor already I do not want to loose one more."
Anna said firmely.
"But who is this person you are talking about?"
He smiled, "I have no intentions of dying. I plan to stick around for a long time yet. But the person I had in mind is my future wife, Freddy - as I am adopting you as my legal daughter, as well as my apprentice, it only seems fitting that she be the one to inherit parental custody as such."

He paused for a moment, "Ah, right... does anyone have a small blade or similar, so we can prick our fingers?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 29, 2018 3:53 am

"I have liked him for so long you know, and when I finally gathered the courage to tell him, and got together with him I do not want to lose him."
Freddy said about Colin. "As long as he is safe, he can do what he have to do and then get back to me...but Aldey did we loose anyone else? Anyone from Steelhaven I mean?" She asked softly. "Ingmar called me and said everyone from my Cabal is safe but what about everyone else?"

He smiled a bit at her as she talked about how long she liked Colin but his expression became serious as she talked about the battles. "No," he replied. "I would elaborate but I am used to the walls having literal ears and I cannot write things for you right now," he said, sounding apologetic.

You got to Colin's room, his new owl friend sat on the kitchen table sleeping though he woke up when you came in and turned his head completely on the side and looked at you as if you where the srangest person he had ever seen, then he hooted at you. Right where Colin had said it would be you found the pine cone carefully wrapped up and safe.

Adley glanced around to make sure everything looked fine, then smiled a bit at the oweltte as it hooted at him. "Hello, friend. Watching over the room? Do I seem odd to you?" he said, with a bit of a smile as he craned his neck around at him. He didn't much like going through his friend's things but took the instruction given and gave a relieved little huff. He put it carefully in his coat and held a hand over it a moment, wondering where would be a good place to secure it in the near future. Then he left, locking the door behind him and went back down to his pater's office to knock on the door.

// when I got out of work it was sweltering, too!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 29, 2018 6:29 am

You stared into the wounded man's eyes and then as you started looking into his mind you saw endless darkness, in the middle of that darkness was the man himself, strapped onto a table, rypes coming out of his arms and legs, a halo brace drilled into his skull and th cranium open, the man was screaming, and screaming and screaming inside of his own head he neither saw you or heard you he was just screaming and strange liquids where pumped into his veins and into his brain, the world had collapsed to just terror and pain, there where nothing else and you could feel that despair and horror reaching for you as if you could drown in the man's endless misery.

Serge tried to desperately reach for the man as he saw him strapped to the table. He could only reach him...he might've been able to drag him away from this place and into his own mind.

But it was useless, Serge wasn't strong enough to reach the man before the world collapsed around him. He felt surrounded by the traumatic emotions. A dark parasitic force that was creeping towards him. Trying to absorb him into their endless cycle of pain and torment. But Serge wasn't about to go without a fight. He had dealt with misery before. He wasn't about to let it win. Not after he had helped so many people through it. Not when their was someone who desperately needed his help right now. He quickly focused his mind and tried to stave off the horroific despair by focusing on thoughts that brought him the opposite emotions of joy and happiness. Tapping into the mental energies those thoughts brought him to stave away the darkness.

He focused on his beloved mentor who had survived and would be in his life forever. He focused on the Deaconess who he was forever grateful to for saving his mentor. He focused on the young girls and the joy his magick had brought them. He focused on Kyle, Arn, the Templar Women, Beatrice and the many people who he had given temporary joy despite the despair around them. The small selfless actions he had done that had brought him joy. He focused on all those positive emotions to try and force back the trauma that was trying to consume him.

(OOC: Willpower roll: 7, 9, 9, 5, 3.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 29, 2018 7:52 am

You managed to focus on your own positive emotions, and these created a shield around your mind, a teter to let you remember that you where Serge yager, you where not this poor. tortured man, you where in Steelhaven's infirmary and other than and ache in your hands from to much drawing, you where actually developing a blisters where your pencil usually rested and sore feet from walking around this much, you where fine, you where in a safe room, your uncle where there and your Mentor all well, you where not strapped to a table being experimented upon. Once you remembered who you where fully the feeling of despair vanished, you realized that despair and darkness was from the man who's mind you where visiting, it was his pain you where feeling, not your own...and slowly you managed to regain your equilibrium.

Colin frowned, "I may not have a choice... Rubbish day is coming up, and it's long overdue."

Rubbish day is always coming Mr Wainwright sooner or later, usually sooner, shit hits the fan and have to be dealt with, that is why I drink."
Rodger said and to empatize his point he pulled his flask from his breast pocket and took a healthy swing of it before offering it to you.

[Morningstar, 5PM]

He nodded thoughtfully, "If he is quick and inventive, he stands a chance. We did capture Abigail's blood samples, though, so unless he can sever that connection, he's going to have a harder time of it... Speaking of, your blood sample from that set is safely away from the others, so you won't be tracked with the rest."

"I do hope Hank will make it, and Arcane connections can be broken, though it is hard with blood...my blood sample, I do not remember that being taken though I remember getting something to drink that tasted strange and waking up with a pink line across the palm of my hand, a pink line of freshly healed skin."
Anna said.

He smiled wryly, "Because the world is a silly place, and it would probably break the entire fashion industry if the big companies and designers came out and tried to present young boys in women's clothes... Granted, there's a difference between so-called 'high fashion' and what people actually wear. But this past century, the generally accepted 'standard of beauty' has shifted from 'fed mum' to 'hungry mummy'. There might be another shift away from that around now, though; there's a wider understanding that eating disorders are really, really unhealthy, and an undesirable trait in a potential partner."

"But what is the point in making fashion no one wears, that is not practical."
Anna muttered sounding rather confused.
"It seams the fashion industry are rather stupid."
She declared.
"Well no matter I guess I like durable jeans and sweaters or tshirts depending on how hot it is, perhaps a skirt if I am dressing up, and I like dark colors and blue, I do not really need anything other than that."
Anna said and shrugged.

He nodded, "If you had been conscious and coherent, you might have been able to explain that... You were not at fault, but then neither were they, lacking knowledge about your fears..."

"I...guess you are right Mentor if I had been coherent I could have said that I am afraid of needles and would rather just swallow medicine or feel some pain from my wound...I guess I have to write a letter to the nurses and apologize."
She muttered hesitently.

He nodded, gently taking one of Anna's hands in his, stroking it gently, "Perhaps you'll always remember it... and then again, perhaps I can help you a little with it still. I kept a single piece of the rack in the Main Node chamber - it will be the focal point in the heart of a memorial to the nameless lost, a little monument to grief, love and hope. Perhaps as that shifts the Resonances of that piece toward a better aspect, it will help soften your memory of the place... I can't promise it will help, but there is at least a chance..."

"Perhaps Mentor...I do not know I..."
Anna sigh.
"Perhaps we can add those my Mentor tortured to those who where put on the rack to feet the Node. I do not know the names of those used to feed the Node, but I remember the names of those my Mentor forced me to watch as he...tortured them."
The young mage said and looked down at her hands.
"At least I remember the names I was told."

He nodded, "Your library is quite precious - I was thinking we can make you a quite tidy nest egg by making copies of them. And I obtained an extremely valuable book today, as well, which most certainly can be worth making a few copies of. I would rather not risk lending out the books, though - not without almost preposterous collateral."

Your young apprentice nodded at that.
"Well some of my books are more worth than the others so it might be possible to rent out some of them while others are to valuable and those we can copy. At least that should pay for what the collar costs to operate."

He smiled, "I have no intentions of dying. I plan to stick around for a long time yet. But the person I had in mind is my future wife, Freddy - as I am adopting you as my legal daughter, as well as my apprentice, it only seems fitting that she be the one to inherit parental custody as such."

Anna nodded at that and smiled.
"I have met Freddy Mentor, in the infirmary, she was brought in but she was blind, we talked a little bit, she seams nice."
The young mage agreed.

He paused for a moment, "Ah, right... does anyone have a small blade or similar, so we can prick our fingers?"

Harmony checked her pocket and held out a Swiss army knife.
"This is all I have, I do not know how sharp it is though, Lady Arden's young student should be back soon though and I have never met a Verbena without at least one blade on their person."
The Cultist said and grinned.
"Hum...the corkscrew attatchment on my knife is pretty sharp though you might be able to use that, and it have only throuched wine corks so it shold be cleaner then the blade if you do not want to wait for the witch to return."

He smiled a bit at her as she talked about how long she liked Colin but his expression became serious as she talked about the battles. "No," he replied. "I would elaborate but I am used to the walls having literal ears and I cannot write things for you right now," he said, sounding apologetic.

Freddy looked down from your words she understood that while Steelhaven had not had any losses, the other Chantries had.
"I understand Adley, I would not be able to read what you had written quite yet either, I can see color now and shapes but not small details, I guess I will hear more later...tragic as those news might be."
She said and sigh.
"Well we knew there would be losses...fuck the Nephandi! If you excuse my language."

Adley glanced around to make sure everything looked fine, then smiled a bit at the oweltte as it hooted at him. "Hello, friend. Watching over the room? Do I seem odd to you?" he said, with a bit of a smile as he craned his neck around at him.

The owl looked at you with his round eyes, then he hooted again and poofed his feathers out before flapping his wings once and shrugging to settle them, then he apperantly decided you where safe enough, and that you did not have food for him for he closed his eyes again to continue napping.

He didn't much like going through his friend's things but took the instruction given and gave a relieved little huff. He put it carefully in his coat and held a hand over it a moment, wondering where would be a good place to secure it in the near future. Then he left, locking the door behind him and went back down to his pater's office to knock on the door.

When you touched the wrapping around the pine cone you felt a warm fire inside your soul and the little girl version of Beatrice holding your hand for just a moment before the sensations subsided.

You got to the Chief's office and knocked on the door and hear your Mentor call out to you.
"Please come in."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I watched a movie with my husband and went to bed early, it is to hot to think.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 29, 2018 10:39 am

Rubbish day is always coming Mr Wainwright sooner or later, usually sooner, shit hits the fan and have to be dealt with, that is why I drink."
Rodger said and to empatize his point he pulled his flask from his breast pocket and took a healthy swing of it before offering it to you.
Colin nodded, "And I have centuries of forgotten corners and cabinets to clean out... When all is said and done, there will likely be people less happy with my efforts, but it still needs doing."
He accepted the flask and took a small sip, just enough to rinse his mouth again, before handing it back.

[Morningstar, 5PM]
"I do hope Hank will make it, and Arcane connections can be broken, though it is hard with blood...my blood sample, I do not remember that being taken though I remember getting something to drink that tasted strange and waking up with a pink line across the palm of my hand, a pink line of freshly healed skin."
Anna said.
He nodded, "That would probably be it... there was he one vial, with all the others. I was allowed to secure it for myself."

"But what is the point in making fashion no one wears, that is not practical."
Anna muttered sounding rather confused.
"It seams the fashion industry are rather stupid."
She declared.
"Well no matter I guess I like durable jeans and sweaters or tshirts depending on how hot it is, perhaps a skirt if I am dressing up, and I like dark colors and blue, I do not really need anything other than that."
Anna said and shrugged.
He grinned, "Most industries that base themselves on telling people what they're supposed to do or like are pretty stupid. And i think you've got a good attitude to clothes there. Hm, might have to get you a set of formal robes at some point, for finer occasions."

"I...guess you are right Mentor if I had been coherent I could have said that I am afraid of needles and would rather just swallow medicine or feel some pain from my wound...I guess I have to write a letter to the nurses and apologize."
She muttered hesitently.
He smiled, "Good girl... Might not want to let on what happened to you afterwards, though; there's probably some consternation about how a gunshot victim disappeared out of her bed without getting caught on the surveillance system or anything..."

"Perhaps Mentor...I do not know I..."
Anna sigh.
"Perhaps we can add those my Mentor tortured to those who where put on the rack to feet the Node. I do not know the names of those used to feed the Node, but I remember the names of those my Mentor forced me to watch as he...tortured them."
The young mage said and looked down at her hands.
"At least I remember the names I was told."
He nodded, "Those names... could help give some people closure, at least, put them to rest..."

Your young apprentice nodded at that.
"Well some of my books are more worth than the others so it might be possible to rent out some of them while others are to valuable and those we can copy. At least that should pay for what the collar costs to operate."
He nodded, "I rather expect that there should be a tidy surplus above the collar's expenses. But we'll have to see how things turn out."

Anna nodded at that and smiled.
"I have met Freddy Mentor, in the infirmary, she was brought in but she was blind, we talked a little bit, she seams nice."
The young mage agreed.
He nodded, "Ah, right... Yes, she is nice. And her vision is recovering."

Harmony checked her pocket and held out a Swiss army knife.
"This is all I have, I do not know how sharp it is though, Lady Arden's young student should be back soon though and I have never met a Verbena without at least one blade on their person."
The Cultist said and grinned.
"Hum...the corkscrew attatchment on my knife is pretty sharp though you might be able to use that, and it have only throuched wine corks so it shold be cleaner then the blade if you do not want to wait for the witch to return."
He looked at the blade and the corkscrew, "Hum... I think we'll wait for Lady Arden's apprentice, then. In my experience, Swiss Army knives tend to have fairly soft steel, leading to an easily blunted point and edge."

((OOC: Yeah, it's way too hot. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 29, 2018 11:20 am

Colin nodded, "And I have centuries of forgotten corners and cabinets to clean out... When all is said and done, there will likely be people less happy with my efforts, but it still needs doing."
He accepted the flask and took a small sip, just enough to rinse his mouth again, before handing it back.

"When a cleansing have to be done there are always those who would have rather seen it undone, but hopefully when all is said and done it will leave a little bit better world."
Rodger said and he took another sip before he put his bottle away.

[Morningstar, 5PM]

He nodded, "That would probably be it... there was he one vial, with all the others. I was allowed to secure it for myself."

"That makes sense Mentor the Chief kept one sample from every member of the Labyrinth."
She muttered and looked down at her left hand.
"If you got it then I guess you can not use it against me."

He grinned, "Most industries that base themselves on telling people what they're supposed to do or like are pretty stupid. And i think you've got a good attitude to clothes there. Hm, might have to get you a set of formal robes at some point, for finer occasions."

"I had a linnen dress for ritual work,natural fibers you know, pretty plain, an a blue velvet dress for formal occations but it was getting to small, one of the pawns had already laid it out twice, robes might be nice though they are practical, I like to be able to work."
Anna said and nodded.
"And I agree it is stupid to tell pepole what they should want."

He smiled, "Good girl... Might not want to let on what happened to you afterwards, though; there's probably some consternation about how a gunshot victim disappeared out of her bed without getting caught on the surveillance system or anything..."

"I am sure I can write something that do not give away anything we want to keep hidden."
Anna said and nodded.
"Just a note saying I am sorry with no details and no name attatched."

He nodded, "Those names... could help give some people closure, at least, put them to rest..."

The young mage nodded sadly.
"I will write them up for you Mentor, those names."
She said and plucked at her socks.
"What happened at that Labyrinth was not right."
Anna said softly.
"It was not right."

He nodded, "I rather expect that there should be a tidy surplus above the collar's expenses. But we'll have to see how things turn out."

The young mage nodded at that.

He nodded, "Ah, right... Yes, she is nice. And her vision is recovering."

"That is good to hear, she said she had been shot, being shot really sucks!"
The young Nephanda declared.
"I hope she will be okey."

He looked at the blade and the corkscrew, "Hum... I think we'll wait for Lady Arden's apprentice, then. In my experience, Swiss Army knives tend to have fairly soft steel, leading to an easily blunted point and edge."

"Yeah I mostly have it with me for all the other attatchments, you never know when you have to make a minor repair and need a screwdriver for example, or a knife even if it is not very sharp."
Harmony said. Shortly afterwards you heard a soft knocking on the door.
"It seams our young Verena friend is back."
Harmony said.
"Was there anything else you wanted to discuss in private or should I let the young lady in?"

(OOC: Yeah this gets to hot for me. Well I might be a little bit slow for a few days as I have allot to do this week.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 29, 2018 12:23 pm

You managed to focus on your own positive emotions, and these created a shield around your mind, a teter to let you remember that you where Serge yager, you where not this poor. tortured man, you where in Steelhaven's infirmary and other than and ache in your hands from to much drawing, you where actually developing a blisters where your pencil usually rested and sore feet from walking around this much, you where fine, you where in a safe room, your uncle where there and your Mentor all well, you where not strapped to a table being experimented upon. Once you remembered who you where fully the feeling of despair vanished, you realized that despair and darkness was from the man who's mind you where visiting, it was his pain you where feeling, not your own...and slowly you managed to regain your equilibrium.

With his sense of self regained and a shield surrounding him, Serge tried to travel deeper into the man's mind. Trying to find the catatonic man or memories and thoughts that evoked similar emotions to the one's he had used.

If he could find such memories he might be able to shield the man from the despair he was feeling. To remind him that his life hadn't always been within a lab being experimented on. Perhaps the memory of a loved one, a joyous occasion, or finding out why the sight of fish made the man so happy.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 29, 2018 12:44 pm

"When a cleansing have to be done there are always those who would have rather seen it undone, but hopefully when all is said and done it will leave a little bit better world."
Rodger said and he took another sip before he put his bottle away.
Colin nodded, then frowned, "Well, those who would rather see such cleansing undone are generally some degree of corrupt, profiteering on what is wrong. Sod'em."

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"That makes sense Mentor the Chief kept one sample from every member of the Labyrinth."
She muttered and looked down at her left hand.
"If you got it then I guess you can not use it against me."
He nodded, "Well, I can use it to find you... but with the collar, I won't need to do that. Besides, I have a lot of faith and trust in you, both well earned and yet to be earned..."

"I had a linnen dress for ritual work,natural fibers you know, pretty plain, an a blue velvet dress for formal occations but it was getting to small, one of the pawns had already laid it out twice, robes might be nice though they are practical, I like to be able to work."
Anna said and nodded.
"And I agree it is stupid to tell pepole what they should want."
He smiled, "I'll have to see what style of robes I can get. I've seen some quite fancy Asian styles - perhaps that would be nice."

"I am sure I can write something that do not give away anything we want to keep hidden."
Anna said and nodded.
"Just a note saying I am sorry with no details and no name attatched."
He nodded, "A few details for context will probably be alright - that you were shot, and kicked a nurse in a panic... but no more than that."

The young mage nodded sadly.
"I will write them up for you Mentor, those names."
She said and plucked at her socks.
"What happened at that Labyrinth was not right."
Anna said softly.
"It was not right."
He nodded, "No, it was not right at all..."

"That is good to hear, she said she had been shot, being shot really sucks!"
The young Nephanda declared.
"I hope she will be okey."
He grinned, "Oh, she'll be magnificent..."

"Yeah I mostly have it with me for all the other attatchments, you never know when you have to make a minor repair and need a screwdriver for example, or a knife even if it is not very sharp."
Harmony said. Shortly afterwards you heard a soft knocking on the door.
"It seams our young Verena friend is back."
Harmony said.
"Was there anything else you wanted to discuss in private or should I let the young lady in?"
He shook his head, heading to the door, "No, nothing more... I have a meeting with Lady Arden in a few moments, so I'll have to cut this short here, anyway..."
He opened up, "Do come in, please... we were almost done, and I must ask, do you have a clean blade I could borrow for a few moments?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 29, 2018 2:01 pm

With his sense of self regained and a shield surrounding him, Serge tried to travel deeper into the man's mind. Trying to find the catatonic man or memories and thoughts that evoked similar emotions to the one's he had used.

If he could find such memories he might be able to shield the man from the despair he was feeling. To remind him that his life hadn't always been within a lab being experimented on. Perhaps the memory of a loved one, a joyous occasion, or finding out why the sight of fish made the man so happy.

You see fractured memories here and there but the rescuee's mind was badly broken. You see that e had grown up in a house with a koi pond and the goldfish reminded him of home, but he had become convinced he could never escape from the horror of Jace's laeratory and so he had completely withdrawn into himself, trapped in his agony and fear and something more, a new understanding flooding his mind, a understanding he was not ready for, which made the world scary and terrible and he just wanted to hide and forget that there was an outside world. The man was completely overwealmed and extremely scared.

Colin nodded, then frowned, "Well, those who would rather see such cleansing undone are generally some degree of corrupt, profiteering on what is wrong. Sod'em."

"Indeed there those who profit of the horror and misfortune of others, profit on corruption, and a good cleanse tend to send such rats scurrying out of their nests."
Rodger said and nodded approvingly.

[Morningstar, 5 PM]

He nodded, "Well, I can use it to find you... but with the collar, I won't need to do that. Besides, I have a lot of faith and trust in you, both well earned and yet to be earned..."

"I trust you to Mentor, it is ok that you can find me, I could get captured by the Technocrazy after all, that would be pretty bad and I would want to be found then."
Anna said and smiled.

He smiled, "I'll have to see what style of robes I can get. I've seen some quite fancy Asian styles - perhaps that would be nice."

"Thoe might be pretty Mentor, with bell sleeves to make sure one keep out of candles and such."
Anna said and grinned.
"Could mine be blue?"

He nodded, "A few details for context will probably be alright - that you were shot, and kicked a nurse in a panic... but no more than that."

The young mage sigh and nodded.
"I can write a letter like that Mentor and you can read it before it is sent."

He nodded, "No, it was not right at all..."

Anna looked at you and shook her head sadly then she returned to plucking at her socks.

He grinned, "Oh, she'll be magnificent..."

Anna giggeled at that.
"Do you like her allot Mentor? Are you going to marry her?"
She asked.

He shook his head, heading to the door, "No, nothing more... I have a meeting with Lady Arden in a few moments, so I'll have to cut this short here, anyway..."
He opened up, "Do come in, please... we were almost done, and I must ask, do you have a clean blade I could borrow for a few moments?"

Harmony nodded at that. You went to the door to let Philippa's apprentice in. The young Verbena had her lunch in her hand.
"Sorry it took so long Sir Mrs Yellow had climbed up my Mentor's World Tree and I had to help her down."
She said and took a bite of her food.
"Yeah sure Sir I have my silver athame, a switchblade and two scalpels for you know, carving into my own flesh, one of them are a fresh new one, you can just have that I bought a pack of them."
The girl said and pulled a scalpel with a white handle and a safety cap out of her dress pocket and handed you handle first."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next