Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 13 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 pm

[Nicole] (On the way out of the Labyrinth at 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

The smell of the shop, while unpleasant to others was reassuringly familiar to Nicole, and beat the scent of that ship. Took a few deep breaths, gave the others a moment to get back their bearings. Watched the cat dully, slightly suspicious of it. After a suitable pause, will turn to face the others. 'Now... time for the blindfold.'

The cat glared at you as she finally got her claws through the chips bag, she was still not sure you would not try to steal her treat.
"Aww poor kitty."
Violet muttered.

When you mentioned the blindfold the Technocrat backed away a bit clearly he was traumatized and scared.
"I do not want my head touched."
He repeated nervously.
"Please."

[Adley and Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

Serge did join them as they went back down to the common room wanting to both help Cecilia and also eager see who else had returned to Steelhaven.

A few of those who had returned from the mission at the Labyrinth where still in the common room, Fran was there and Ty, Darrian was giving Mundi a drink of water, there was also some you did not know, a woman with short pink hair, a man in a now rather worn suit and several others who had to be residents from other Chantries. Several of those who had returned might have wandered of towards their rooms as well tired from their experiences.

"Relax, it's not your fault." Serge assured her kindly. "Emotions are emotions and you have a very good reason for yours. No need to apologize."

"I ehm...I guess Sir, but I am still sorry for creating such a fuss."
Cecilia said but she did manage to give you a small smile at least.

He sighed and said, "Very well, let us go downstairs then." Well, that was why shadow names existed . He offered a hand out so that he could help her downstairs, slowly so that she wouldn't be startled by being touched.

The skiitish hedge wizard did jump a little at being touched but she did not move away and you got her safely down stairs. Darrian looked up from giving Mundi water.
"Ah is the young Miss allight Sodalis?"
The alchemist asked.

"I did not realise that the infirmary would remind you of the lab, though in hindsight I can see it clearly. There is nothing to apologize for." He looked over at Serge and said, "Thank you for your help," he said.

"I...do not want to be...experimented on again Sir."
Cecilia muttered softly.
"It have happened so often...over so many years and I...not that my wishes on the matter means much I am just a pawn after all."
She said sadly.

[Colin] (In the Chief's shuttle at 3:30 in the afternoon)

He grinned, "Very true. Though, for the explicit purpose of vigorously countering Jhor, I suppose the, hm, vitality of youth does have a little more to offer... Not, of course, that I think such capacity is the more important, just that it's possibly a more, hm, potent element for that one particular purpose. Regardless, I'll probably be more meticulous and analytical in how I try to rid myself of this Resonance, to see if I find some universal method that is quick and reliable... and what the potential costs would be."

"What you describe is more being Dynamic than as a direct oposite of Jhor, Entropy is already harder to balance than the two others as it do not have a direct oposite unlike Stasis and Dynamism, and Jhor is Entropic Resonance unbalanced and turned towards destruction, the only direct oposite would be life itself and perserving rather than destroying."
Rodger said.
"A quick and easy method to get rid of unwanted Resonance would be welcome but very few quick and easy methods of anything exist beyond microwave dinners."

He grinned, "So you're saying I should rely on telescopic lenses and bluescreen for the documentary videos?"

"Well perhaps not but do try not to look tasty my good man."
The Umbral pilot said and grinned.

He nodded, "I appreciate it; finding more sources to shed light on things of the distant past is always a boon... even if perhaps the new sources are somewhat biased. But then, by now almost all sources on the issue are..."

"Well at the time the beginnings of what would one day be the Sons of Ether was a member of the Order of Reason so they would have been the enemies of the First Cabal so there is a bias there then again it is a journal entry from a man who met these nine and was sent home to his Construct bleeding for his trouble."
Rodger said and grinned.

He nodded thoughtfully, "True, knowing what the other person wants is always good for negotiations... Hum, there's another incoming ship here. Do we have some means of IDing her?"

"This is quite true...hum yes you are right I see her...one moment..."
Rodger flipped a few switches and looked at a readout in green on his screen.
"She is the Silver Dancer a ship regisered as belonging to House Mercere."
The Etherite informed you.
"Let us let them land first then we will make our approch so we make sure not to crash into them, distance can be a bit iffy out here my good man."

(OOC: Squirrels makes everything better.)
(OOC 2: The captured Nephandi are in the Gauntlet, literary placed into the Gauntlet so they are not touching the ship.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 13 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 17, 2018 8:18 pm

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

Ok then, thanks for the heads up.

"Well your safety are my responsibility Mr Karyak I do try to avoid members of my Chantry getting killed the first few days of their membership."
Jeffry anounced wryly.

You too, stay sharp: this is not over.

"No it is not..."
Coawa said and frowned.
"But we will see it end eventually brother, and it will end with the death of our enemies."
He declared.

I and this gentle folk can walk out of here by our own means, in any case, so i think we won't remain here even if the ship goes. But don't worry, that won't be necesary, and she'll have me always. Tane shot a smile at the old master and got off to find the werewolve's remains.

"I have to admit that while I have had some friends who are of the changing kind over the years I am unnaware of the exact nature of their abilities in the spirit world so your allies might be safe, however unless you are a Master of the Art Mr Karyak then you will not be for this ship will be heading for the Deep Umbra and only the most skilled among us can even survive there without the protection of a ship or vessel of some sort. Just be careful young one."
Amadeus said and he returned your smile before you headed of with the werewolves.

You found the remains of the fallen warriors where you had left them. You saw Dino and his pack gather them up and covering their bodies with jackets and coats before preparing to carrying them out, there would be two more bodies to find along the way, the ones lost before the battle with the trap maker through, but they to should not be hard to find. Dino looked sad and there was a solemn mood over the strange procession.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Anja's Post:

'We already are in shit by helping you.' Nicole replied evenly to the Technocrat. 'You think we don't know you'll be asked to give descriptions of us all by your boss? Nothing I can do about that, 'cept kill you - which I won't do. But I can stop giving you more intel.'

'Choice is yours. Blindfold, and a short trip to the port where we'll drop you off. Or you can have a fun time wandering across the city in the middle of the day in only a sheet.'

'You know that's a better deal than what your lot would give me if I was the one standing there.' she finished, trying to sound as neutral and persuasive as possible.

[Persuasion / whatever roll, great one?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 17, 2018 10:01 pm

[Morgan's Shuttle, 3:30 PM]
"What you describe is more being Dynamic than as a direct oposite of Jhor, Entropy is already harder to balance than the two others as it do not have a direct oposite unlike Stasis and Dynamism, and Jhor is Entropic Resonance unbalanced and turned towards destruction, the only direct oposite would be life itself and perserving rather than destroying."
Rodger said.
"A quick and easy method to get rid of unwanted Resonance would be welcome but very few quick and easy methods of anything exist beyond microwave dinners."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "A quick and easy method might be superficially nice... but like in business, the old adage holds true; Quick, Good, Cheap - choose two. In the case of getting rid of Resonance, I would look for a quick and reliable method, but be very wary of the cost. Likely, it would be... unhealthy to overlook."
He grinned, "Besides, those microwave dinners might be quick and easy, but they're utter shit."

"Well at the time the beginnings of what would one day be the Sons of Ether was a member of the Order of Reason so they would have been the enemies of the First Cabal so there is a bias there then again it is a journal entry from a man who met these nine and was sent home to his Construct bleeding for his trouble."
Rodger said and grinned.
He nodded, "All the same, one can learn a lot about a person by seeing how their enemies referred to them. Especially how they referred to them in private, rather than in their public relations maneuvers."

"This is quite true...hum yes you are right I see her...one moment..."
Rodger flipped a few switches and looked at a readout in green on his screen.
"She is the Silver Dancer a ship regisered as belonging to House Mercere."
The Etherite informed you.
"Let us let them land first then we will make our approch so we make sure not to crash into them, distance can be a bit iffy out here my good man."
He followed Rodger's moves carefully, "Ah, that's the IFF system, then. Not exactly the same as in a modern gunship, but similar enough, it seems. A bit more detailed, actually."
He frowned, "Hum, House Mercere... I hope they don't hold a grudge. I'm partly to blame for their local Chantry getting blown up by the Union. In my defense, I got the Union to hit the Chantry after we'd evacuated all friendlies before a second team of Nephandi arrived..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 17, 2018 11:04 pm

'We already are in shit by helping you.' Nicole replied evenly to the Technocrat. 'You think we don't know you'll be asked to give descriptions of us all by your boss? Nothing I can do about that, 'cept kill you - which I won't do. But I can stop giving you more intel.'

"You are right...I will be asked to give descriptions I am not going to lie about that Miss."
The Technocrat said in a tired voice.
"I understand why you are going it but I...will not let anyone touch my head not after what that man did to me!"
He muttered fearfully.

'Choice is yours. Blindfold, and a short trip to the port where we'll drop you off. Or you can have a fun time wandering across the city in the middle of the day in only a sheet.'

'You know that's a better deal than what your lot would give me if I was the one standing there.' she finished, trying to sound as neutral and persuasive as possible.

"We are at war Miss I expect no mercy from you and I am grateful for being saved and left with my life, shit I am grateful to be out of that hellhole!"
The Technocrat said and tears welled up in his eyes.
"But I would rather just walk...you don't understand he...held my head in a vice andstuck things up my nose...drilled into the back of my head...I could hear the sound the metal made as it scraped away bits of my skull and then...then he was in my brain and I..."
He trailed of and looked out into nothing with terrified eyes.
"Please...d...don't touch me, I will walk!"
The other two mages gave the terrified man worried looks.
"Well shit..."
Thorn muttered softly.
"He is in no condition to care for himself..."

(OOC: It will probably be Manipulation and Leadership the way it is played but no sucsesses.)

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "A quick and easy method might be superficially nice... but like in business, the old adage holds true; Quick, Good, Cheap - choose two. In the case of getting rid of Resonance, I would look for a quick and reliable method, but be very wary of the cost. Likely, it would be... unhealthy to overlook."
He grinned, "Besides, those microwave dinners might be quick and easy, but they're utter shit."

"So far the methods to get rid of Resonance other than balancing it out or letting it bleed of are complicated to do and risky so a new method would be welcome, but it will not be easy to find such a method my good man."
Rodger said and frowned.
"And yes the microwave meals are shit but at times when you are to drunk to see streight they are allot safer than attempting to wrestle with an oven."

He nodded, "All the same, one can learn a lot about a person by seeing how their enemies referred to them. Especially how they referred to them in private, rather than in their public relations maneuvers."

"This is quite true indeed, well I will get you that section of the hournal and look through it and see if there is any other mentions of the First Cabal then."
Rodger promised.

He followed Rodger's moves carefully, "Ah, that's the IFF system, then. Not exactly the same as in a modern gunship, but similar enough, it seems. A bit more detailed, actually."

"Something like that it measures the Resonance trail of the other ship's engines and match that up to an internal database of sources, at least that is how most shuttles this size do it, I have not had the time to look at the actual instruments myself to make sure yet."
The Etherite explained.

He frowned, "Hum, House Mercere... I hope they don't hold a grudge. I'm partly to blame for their local Chantry getting blown up by the Union. In my defense, I got the Union to hit the Chantry after we'd evacuated all friendlies before a second team of Nephandi arrived..."

Rodger raised an eyebrow at that.
"Well now you have been quite busy lately it seams."
He commented.
"I am going to assume then my good man that you had a quite good reason for destroying the Red Caps Chantry, with or without Technocrats in it?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 17, 2018 11:16 pm

Anja's Post:

'If you so wish...' Nicole replied, shooting the other two a "help me!" look. 'We'll follow at a discreet distance, see if you can provide us with any intel... y'know, for when things get back to normal.'

'Plus... "yes, then the Deviants got me off the Fallen ship but didn't question me and let me go free!..." that's one seriously fishy story. I wouldn't buy that if I was your boss. At least if we confirm the story you'll be less fishy. Well... might be.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 pm

A few of those who had returned from the mission at the Labyrinth where still in the common room, Fran was there and Ty, Darrian was giving Mundi a drink of water, there was also some you did not know, a woman with short pink hair, a man in a now rather worn suit and several others who had to be residents from other Chantries. Several of those who had returned might have wandered of towards their rooms as well tired from their experiences.

He gave a friendly wave to everyone who had returned and kept his eyes out for anymore familiar faces. In particular he kept his eyes out for Ryan, hoping to inform him about his mentor.

"I ehm...I guess Sir, but I am still sorry for creating such a fuss."
Cecilia said but she did manage to give you a small smile at least.

"It's all right. Don't worry about it." Serge said with a shrug.

"Let's talk about something else. Their's a kitchen near the common room. Is there anything you'd like to eat or drink while your resting. Water? Tea? Coffee?" he asked.

Adley wrote:"I did not realise that the infirmary would remind you of the lab, though in hindsight I can see it clearly. There is nothing to apologize for." He looked over at Serge and said, "Thank you for your help," he said.

"No problem. It's the least I can do while you guys are out fighting." Serge replied with a smile.

"I...do not want to be...experimented on again Sir."
Cecilia muttered softly.
"It have happened so often...over so many years and I...not that my wishes on the matter means much I am just a pawn after all."
She said sadly.

"And it won't happen ever again." Serge said despite not being the one initially spoken too. "The guy who hurt you will be locked away and won't harm anyone again. And don't say your wishes don't matter. They matter to me." he said with honeyed words hoping to ease Cecilia's anxiety further.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu May 17, 2018 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 17, 2018 11:25 pm

"So far the methods to get rid of Resonance other than balancing it out or letting it bleed of are complicated to do and risky so a new method would be welcome, but it will not be easy to find such a method my good man."
Rodger said and frowned.
"And yes the microwave meals are shit but at times when you are to drunk to see streight they are allot safer than attempting to wrestle with an oven."
Colin grinned, "And for those times when you can't safely cook, there's pre-sliced bread, meat and cheese. In fact, I'd wager that sandwich would be far better to stave off the impending hangover than the microwave meal. But yes, finding a new method to deal with Resonance will be difficult and take time, so I might as well get as early a start on the task as possible."

"Something like that it measures the Resonance trail of the other ship's engines and match that up to an internal database of sources, at least that is how most shuttles this size do it, I have not had the time to look at the actual instruments myself to make sure yet."
The Etherite explained.
He nodded, "An emissions signature profile, then. That's quite a practical way of doing it, since I surmise almost every vessel would have slightly different specs. I'm guessing it is less practical with Union craft, since those would be largely assembly-line products, right?"

Rodger raised an eyebrow at that.
"Well now you have been quite busy lately it seams."
He commented.
"I am going to assume then my good man that you had a quite good reason for destroying the Red Caps Chantry, with or without Technocrats in it?"
He frowned and nodded, "Good reason indeed. The Fallen had already taken the Chantry, and tried to torture access to the vault out of the Deacon Primus... We managed to get there, take out the intruders and evacuate the Mercere and the vault contents, but owing to certain events beyond my control, including one of the Fallen trying to Gilgul me onthe spot, I was absent for the duration of the evacuation and cleanup process, only getting back to the post office with another bit of intel - the Fallen had a backup team of Masters waiting in the wings, ready to hit the Chantry. So I got lucky, intercepted two Union agents who were preparing to respond to Qlippothic activity anyway, and convinced them to time their strike to our advantage... We got out as the second team of Fallen arrived, and seconds later, the Union strike team arrived. I got to see what happened... it was a massacre; only two of the Fallen made it out again, heavily Paradox-mutated by then, completely incapable of fighting, and the last HIT-Mark detonated himself... Essentially, I cost the Mercere an already lost building. I expect I will have to help them find and fix up a new one over the coming weeks..."

((OOC: Dammit, Anja, i just realized, you've ruined Harry Potter for me and Colin both. We can no longer read or hear the phrase "the Potter boy" without picturing Irik. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri May 18, 2018 5:23 am

I do try to avoid members of my Chantry getting killed the first few days of their membership.
I came for war, i found one. WIth all this fighting going on, i don't see how you could possibly do that with effectivity. In any case, i'm not more desperate than you to get killed.

But we will see it end eventually brother, and it will end with the death of our enemies.
Step by step, brother. And the next is tending to your wounds.

Just be careful young one.
I got my share of travel too. I'll stay out of harm's way, in any case.

Tane helped to the best of his ability, carrying a young wolf and a young woman over his shoulders. He kept silent all the way, trying not to offend the mourning werewolves. When almost back, Tane adressed Dino
Their sacrifice is tragic, but glorious. This was a heavy blow to the slaves of the Wyrm, and we should not forget it, even in mourning. We would have suffered much more if you all were not here, so for the lifes of all the ones they spared, i thank you.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 18, 2018 7:56 am

"No problem. It's the least I can do while you guys are out fighting." Serge replied with a smile.

"I would like to inform you of what I know of the others we brought. Perhaps you can help them, or at least let the others know what happened so they can help them better..."

The skiitish hedge wizard did jump a little at being touched but she did not move away and you got her safely down stairs. Darrian looked up from giving Mundi water.
"Ah is the young Miss allight Sodalis?" The alchemist asked.

"The infirmary looked a bit too much like a lab, it frightened her. We thought it best to remove her here in the meanwhile. Is there somewhere we might keep her, sir? Possibly it would be best if it were not downstairs I think." If she even got a whiff of Jace, she would panic and who could blame her. "And a guard? Or should I coordinate with someone else?" he asked, as Narim was in charge but was likely busy with Hannah.

"I...do not want to be...experimented on again Sir." Cecilia muttered softly. "It have happened so often...over so many years and I...not that my wishes on the matter means much I am just a pawn after all." She said sadly.
"And it won't happen ever again." Serge said despite not being the one initially spoken too. "The guy who hurt you will be locked away and won't harm anyone again. And don't say your wishes don't matter. They matter to me." he said with honeyed words hoping to ease Cecilia's anxiety further.

"My pater is good to his word," he said. He knew he would do what he could, though he was not the type to offer glib assurances when he was not sure he could prevent what feared her so, even if he wanted it to be so.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 18, 2018 9:41 am

'If you so wish...' Nicole replied, shooting the other two a "help me!" look. 'We'll follow at a discreet distance, see if you can provide us with any intel... y'know, for when things get back to normal.'

"What information could I possibly provide walking towards the airport?"
The scared Technocrat muttered. Thorn looked at the man and then at you.
"What if we free his hands and let him tie the blindfold himself, that might help."
He suggjested.

'Plus... "yes, then the Deviants got me off the Fallen ship but didn't question me and let me go free!..." that's one seriously fishy story. I wouldn't buy that if I was your boss. At least if we confirm the story you'll be less fishy. Well... might be.'

The man's eyes wided with horror and he backed away.
"You are right...I would not be welcomed back I would be examined and then...no...no...no..!"
He cried and fled into a corner now completely panicing thinking about what his own might do to him when he returned.
"Well that was helpful."
Thorn muttered.
"What do we do now?"

Colin grinned, "And for those times when you can't safely cook, there's pre-sliced bread, meat and cheese. In fact, I'd wager that sandwich would be far better to stave off the impending hangover than the microwave meal.

"Well yes you are probably right Mr Wainwright then again the best thing to stave of a hangover is more booze."
Rodger said and grinned.

But yes, finding a new method to deal with Resonance will be difficult and take time, so I might as well get as early a start on the task as possible."

"Well there is no reason not to try."
The Eterite agreed.

He nodded, "An emissions signature profile, then. That's quite a practical way of doing it, since I surmise almost every vessel would have slightly different specs. I'm guessing it is less practical with Union craft, since those would be largely assembly-line products, right?"

"This system will only be able to identify the model of Union ship not the induvidual vessel and it will only be able the identify the Traditionalist ships that are in the database, not all of them are."
The Umbral Pilot said.
"But yes it is a practical system."

He frowned and nodded, "Good reason indeed. The Fallen had already taken the Chantry, and tried to torture access to the vault out of the Deacon Primus... We managed to get there, take out the intruders and evacuate the Mercere and the vault contents, but owing to certain events beyond my control, including one of the Fallen trying to Gilgul me onthe spot, I was absent for the duration of the evacuation and cleanup process, only getting back to the post office with another bit of intel -

"Ah yes you told me someone had tried to harm you in such a way my good man."
Rodger said. heather's eyes widened and she stared at you.
"Someone tried to...tried to Gilgul you Sir? But that is horrible are you ok are your Avatar ok the poor thing I would be hinding under my bed never coming back out if someone tried that."
The young Cultist said her eyes huge. Mia sigh from inide your soul.
"We are not that fragile."
The soul said in a huff.

the Fallen had a backup team of Masters waiting in the wings, ready to hit the Chantry. So I got lucky, intercepted two Union agents who were preparing to respond to Qlippothic activity anyway, and convinced them to time their strike to our advantage... We got out as the second team of Fallen arrived, and seconds later, the Union strike team arrived. I got to see what happened... it was a massacre; only two of the Fallen made it out again, heavily Paradox-mutated by then, completely incapable of fighting, and the last HIT-Mark detonated himself... Essentially, I cost the Mercere an already lost building. I expect I will have to help them find and fix up a new one over the coming weeks..."

"That is quite a story, it seames that luck was indeed on your side my good man, and there would be nothing that could have been done to save the Red Cap's building."
Rodger said and nodded.
"And we got many of our enemies on two sides taken down in a one go, sounds like a win to me...how are the Red Caps doing it?"
He asked as he watched the Mercere ship fly in and proceed to land and he started landing procedures as well.
"You can turn of the engines now Mr Wainwright we can glide in the rest of the way and it is always good to save on fuel Quintessence is costly."

(OOC: What did poor Irik do? :O )

[Adley and Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

He gave a friendly wave to everyone who had returned and kept his eyes out for anymore familiar faces. In particular he kept his eyes out for Ryan, hoping to inform him about his mentor.

Ryan did not seam to have returned yet, the one you waved at gave you small nods in return.

"It's all right. Don't worry about it." Serge said with a shrug.

Cecilia looked at you still concerned and worried but she said nothing more.

"Let's talk about something else. Their's a kitchen near the common room. Is there anything you'd like to eat or drink while your resting. Water? Tea? Coffee?" he asked.

"A it of water would be nice Sir."
The nervous hedge wizard said and looked down.
"But I do not need anything."

"He will just be locked away Sir? I thought the Traditions would...do more permanent things to captured Fallen."
Cecilia said then she looked down.
"Forgive me it is not my place to comment on Sir."
She muttered clearly afraid of overstepping her place but not feeling very reasured with Jace just locked up.

"The infirmary looked a bit too much like a lab, it frightened her. We thought it best to remove her here in the meanwhile. Is there somewhere we might keep her, sir? Possibly it would be best if it were not downstairs I think." If she even got a whiff of Jace, she would panic and who could blame her. "And a guard? Or should I coordinate with someone else?" he asked, as Narim was in charge but was likely busy with Hannah.

"Ah I should have considered that poor girl."
Darrian said.
"Let us just keep her at the common room for now she have cooperated and she is on the serum she is pretty much helpless, we should probably change her bindings to, switch the tape for a pair of cuffs to make her a bit more comfortable now that we are no longer in a combat situation."
The alchemist said.
"I will inform the Deacon that we keep her in the common room I am pretty sure he will not protest also do we have an infirmary now? I guess we really do need one."
He muttered.

"My pater is good to his word," he said. He knew he would do what he could, though he was not the type to offer glib assurances when he was not sure he could prevent what feared her so, even if he wanted it to be so.

"I understand Sir."
Cecilia muttered and she shivered.
"And what of the Prelatus will he...just be kept in jail?"
She asked nervously.
"Then he could escape and take revenge on..."
She started sobbing and looked away.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 18, 2018 9:50 am

I came for war, i found one. WIth all this fighting going on, i don't see how you could possibly do that with effectivity. In any case, i'm not more desperate than you to get killed.

"No one is safe in war Mr karyak but I do my damn best to make sure we have as few casulaties as possible."
Jeffry said and he gave a sad look towards the shapes on the floor covered in jackets and coats.
"But I can not prevent them all..."

Step by step, brother. And the next is tending to your wounds.

"Very well, though my wounds will heal on their own in time if I returned to the sea but I guess this way is quicker."
The wershark said and sigh.

I got my share of travel too. I'll stay out of harm's way, in any case.

"Just make sure you get out before the ship gets to deep into the Umbra."
Amadeus said and frowned.

Tane helped to the best of his ability, carrying a young wolf and a young woman over his shoulders. He kept silent all the way, trying not to offend the mourning werewolves. When almost back, Tane adressed Dino

No one spoke much there had been so much death the pack had lost nearly half of their members.

Their sacrifice is tragic, but glorious. This was a heavy blow to the slaves of the Wyrm, and we should not forget it, even in mourning. We would have suffered much more if you all were not here, so for the lifes of all the ones they spared, i thank you.

Dino nodded at that he carried a dead woman in his arms.
"They fought the servants of the Wyrm and they died with honor, tonnight we will burn their bodies and release their souls and we will sing songs to their glory."
The werewolf said then he sigh.
"I just wish we had not...lost so many, they all had names, they all had lives, the wolf you carry had a litter of puppies and this woman in my arms have a six year old metis son, they where my family...my friends and the Wyrm will pay for taking their lives."
The werewolf said bitterly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 18, 2018 10:40 am

Anja's Post:

'I don't fucking know!' Nicole replied, looking at Thorn with some annoyance; feeling that the other two could have been some more help in this. After a moment's thought, put down her rifle and turned to the Mirrorshade.

'Look at me. Hiding in a corner solves fuck all.' she started, trying to be the voice of reason. 'What we need to do is work out a solution to this. And weird as it is, we want a solution to this too. So let's look at the facts alone.' One [hopefully] having his attention, Nicole will continue;

'You need us to vouch for you that you're not a plant. This means we need to come with you to the Dock. I do not want your colleagues to come after us the next day due to the fact you can ID the car - for I know the best way for you to prove you're not a plant is to offer your boss every little bit of info you have on us.'

'If you have any other idea on how to solve this problem, all ears, I am.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 18, 2018 10:52 am

Adley wrote:"I would like to inform you of what I know of the others we brought. Perhaps you can help them, or at least let the others know what happened so they can help them better..."

"Sure thing. That'd be awesome there was like 5 new guys up there." Serge said as he glanced back at the way they came. "I'll try to help them as best as I can. I've been doing that a lot since I came here. Having some information given beforehand would be quite useful rather than going in blind."

"A it of water would be nice Sir."
The nervous hedge wizard said and looked down.
"But I do not need anything."

"Ahhh the best drink. Coming right up." Serge said with a smile. He quickly dashed to the common room and brought back a glass of water.

"Your hands are a bit tied up right now but they'll change your bindings soon. When they do you can have a sip." he said placing the glass on a nearby table close to where Cecilia would be resting.

"He will just be locked away Sir? I thought the Traditions would...do more permanent things to captured Fallen."
Cecilia said then she looked down.
"Forgive me it is not my place to comment on Sir."
She muttered clearly afraid of overstepping her place but not feeling very reasured with Jace just locked up.

"I'm sure for someone with a track record like him, an appropriate punishment will be given." he said simply. He wanted to say more but he had a feeling going into detail on the punishments given to fallen prisoner's wouldn't be a wise topic to get into in front of a fallen prisoner.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 18, 2018 10:59 am

"Well yes you are probably right Mr Wainwright then again the best thing to stave of a hangover is more booze."
Rodger said and grinned.
Colin grinned back, "To delay its impact, certainly. But if you want to defeat the hangover quickly, a bacon sandwich is the most efficient cure - perks up the brain and binds up the poisonous leftovers from the alcohol almost like magic. But without the Paradox risk."

"This system will only be able to identify the model of Union ship not the induvidual vessel and it will only be able the identify the Traditionalist ships that are in the database, not all of them are."
The Umbral Pilot said.
"But yes it is a practical system."
He nodded, "Does it automatically update the internal database with unidentified ships, too? Approximations of capacity, that sort of thing?"

"Ah yes you told me someone had tried to harm you in such a way my good man."
Rodger said. heather's eyes widened and she stared at you.
"Someone tried to...tried to Gilgul you Sir? But that is horrible are you ok are your Avatar ok the poor thing I would be hinding under my bed never coming back out if someone tried that."
The young Cultist said her eyes huge. Mia sigh from inide your soul.
"We are not that fragile."
The soul said in a huff.
He grinned wryly, "She says we're not that fragile... You could certainly say we've found our Nietzche lifestyle... though I'd rather not be made stronger for a little while now."
He turned serious, "But yes, even if it wound up completely harmless, it hurt... enough for me to spend days unconscious in a time bubble. And the fact that I was not entirely conscious when it happened probably helped insulate my mind from the worst of it, too... I was not quite as lucky in the Caul, that hurt... a lot more... yet only the third worst pain my soul has ever endured..."
He swallowed hard, mouth drying up a little, "Rodger... do you think you could spare a small sip?"

"That is quite a story, it seames that luck was indeed on your side my good man, and there would be nothing that could have been done to save the Red Cap's building."
Rodger said and nodded.
"And we got many of our enemies on two sides taken down in a one go, sounds like a win to me...how are the Red Caps doing it?"
He asked as he watched the Mercere ship fly in and proceed to land and he started landing procedures as well.
"You can turn of the engines now Mr Wainwright we can glide in the rest of the way and it is always good to save on fuel Quintessence is costly."
He flicked the engines off at Rodger's indication, looking toward the docking area, "Most of the Chantry's members are fine... the Deacon Primus was not doing too well, though, last I saw - he was tortured quite badly, and he follows the Founder's Path, as they call it. I suppose he is somewhat more fortunate than most, as his Avatar left him of its own accord, rather than the... usual way. We've actually found it again, too, reborn in a lovely, awakened little girl. Perhaps having her visit will help him..."

((OOC: Irik told us he was the son of a potter. The books are ruined, I tell you! Ruined! Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 18, 2018 12:10 pm

'I don't fucking know!' Nicole replied, looking at Thorn with some annoyance; feeling that the other two could have been some more help in this. After a moment's thought, put down her rifle and turned to the Mirrorshade.

The other two magi also looked rather helpless when it came to how to solve this problem and get the terrified Technocrat to cooperate.

'Look at me. Hiding in a corner solves fuck all.' she started, trying to be the voice of reason. 'What we need to do is work out a solution to this. And weird as it is, we want a solution to this too. So let's look at the facts alone.' One [hopefully] having his attention, Nicole will continue;

The Technocrat turned his head towards you he looked absolutely scared out of his wits though but you did have his attention.

'You need us to vouch for you that you're not a plant. This means we need to come with you to the Dock. I do not want your colleagues to come after us the next day due to the fact you can ID the car - for I know the best way for you to prove you're not a plant is to offer your boss every little bit of info you have on us.'

The man looked down and shivered.
"I am afraid that you telling another Union member I am not a plant will not help much Miss nor is being taken for one what I am all that afraid of, there will be a debrifing and my loyalty will be tested whatever you say you let me go or not...what I am afraid of is that I where...experimented on by a type of Deviant that are in the red register, classified as of maximum importance...you see there are procedures for ow long you can spend captured by Deviants before you have to be decontaminated, with the Traditions it is weeks, sometimes months but with Nephandi it is hours and with what he did to me...as soon as I got home I would be debriefed and then strapped down to an...examination table and surgery would be performed to try to figure out what was done to me, and then assuming I was not deamed to now be contaminated beyond repair and assuming I survive the surgery I would be send to Room 101 for reconditioning...I...know I should go and face that the procedures are in place for a reason but I..."
He stopped talking and crawled further into the corner and whimpered.
"Not after what that Nephandus did to me...I...I...can't go home."

'If you have any other idea on how to solve this problem, all ears, I am.'

"I...don't know Miss."
The Technocrat muttered softly.
"I just don't know."
Thorn gave the man a compassionate look.
"Don't you have a what do you call it? And Amalgam waiting for you, they are probably worried about you, help us out so we can get you back to them."
The Verbena said and the Technocrat nodded.
"I do and...I care for them but I...I am afraid of the procedures that will happen when I go home."
He whispered sadly.

"Ahhh the best drink. Coming right up." Serge said with a smile. He quickly dashed to the common room and brought back a glass of water.

"Your hands are a bit tied up right now but they'll change your bindings soon. When they do you can have a sip." he said placing the glass on a nearby table close to where Cecilia would be resting.

"Thank you Sir."
Cecilia said and she smiled a little.
"Well have some use of my hands would be nice my shoulders are getting a little sore but I am ok, the bindings do not hurt."
She muttered.

"I'm sure for someone with a track record like him, an appropriate punishment will be given." he said simply. He wanted to say more but he had a feeling going into detail on the punishments given to fallen prisoner's wouldn't be a wise topic to get into in front of a fallen prisoner.

"Wallace Jace will be completley wiped out of existence, perhaps not in the Nephandi version of that, but he will die body and soul."
Darrian said and Cecilia nodded.
"And you are sure he can not come back from that Sir?"
She asked and the Solificato nodded darkly.
"Cimpletely sure young Miss."

Colin grinned back, "To delay its impact, certainly. But if you want to defeat the hangover quickly, a bacon sandwich is the most efficient cure - perks up the brain and binds up the poisonous leftovers from the alcohol almost like magic. But without the Paradox risk."

"Well you can delay it indefititly if you just never stop drinking, but yes I will keep that sandwich in mind."
Rodger said and grinned.
"Might please my doctor if I find a cure that did not entail more booze he have been saying something about liver values...then again doctors what do they know."
He said and scoffed.

He nodded, "Does it automatically update the internal database with unidentified ships, too? Approximations of capacity, that sort of thing?"

"That it do, it can measure the ship's size and the volue of their Quintessence batteries and their output, though how much information is gathered depends on how well shielded the other ship are."
Rodger said and nodded.

He grinned wryly, "She says we're not that fragile... You could certainly say we've found our Nietzche lifestyle... though I'd rather not be made stronger for a little while now."

Heather smiled a little at that.
"I am glad she is not fragile Sir...that she react to something I say though someone outside of you that is pretty rare."
She commented and Mia just smiled sweetly inside of your soul looking like a snug cat who kept watch over her kingdom.

He turned serious, "But yes, even if it wound up completely harmless, it hurt... enough for me to spend days unconscious in a time bubble. And the fact that I was not entirely conscious when it happened probably helped insulate my mind from the worst of it, too... I was not quite as lucky in the Caul, that hurt... a lot more... yet only the third worst pain my soul has ever endured..."
He swallowed hard, mouth drying up a little, "Rodger... do you think you could spare a small sip?"

"I am so sorry for binging it up Sir it must have been quite traumatic."
The young Cultist said.
"Poor Nephandi if a brush with a Caul is that bad, how do they ever recover from...well you know Sir what happens to them?"
She muttered sadly and looked at you. Rodger nodded he pulled his flask out of his pocket and handed it to you.
"Here you go my good man, have as much as you like."
He said.
"Sometimes a drink is needed to, settle...memories down."
He added a bit less cheerful than he usually was and he looked out into the distance for a moment.

He flicked the engines off at Rodger's indication, looking toward the docking area, "Most of the Chantry's members are fine... the Deacon Primus was not doing too well, though, last I saw - he was tortured quite badly, and he follows the Founder's Path, as they call it. I suppose he is somewhat more fortunate than most, as his Avatar left him of its own accord, rather than the... usual way. We've actually found it again, too, reborn in a lovely, awakened little girl. Perhaps having her visit will help him..."

"Even so, poor man...I can not even imagine."
Rodger said as he begun the final approch towards the Umbral docks.
"Some docks have a control tower that will give directions this one do not, meaning it is our responsibility to make sure we do not crash with any other ships."
He explained. A red light on the control board light up and you heard a voice over the radio.
"Unknown shuttle this is the Silver Dancer we just wanted to inform you that both to the slots on the north side of the docks are open."
Rodger pressed a button on the radio and replied.
"Understood Silver Dancer thank you."

(OOC: Well...yes there is that. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 18, 2018 12:57 pm

"Well you can delay it indefititly if you just never stop drinking, but yes I will keep that sandwich in mind."
Rodger said and grinned.
"Might please my doctor if I find a cure that did not entail more booze he have been saying something about liver values...then again doctors what do they know."
He said and scoffed.
Colin shrugged, "Doctors know a surprising lot, but often about a very limited subject. Be fair, though, I'm sure what your doctor knows about your body that you don't is roughly comparable to what you know about your doctor's vehicle that he doesn't."

"That it do, it can measure the ship's size and the volue of their Quintessence batteries and their output, though how much information is gathered depends on how well shielded the other ship are."
Rodger said and nodded.
He nodded thoughtfully, "For an unknown, an estimate would be enough to cross-reference with others later, at least."

Heather smiled a little at that.
"I am glad she is not fragile Sir...that she react to something I say though someone outside of you that is pretty rare."
She commented and Mia just smiled sweetly inside of your soul looking like a snug cat who kept watch over her kingdom.
He smiled warmly, "She is quite unique, yes... and she can be quite cheeky, listening in on my conversations like that. But, I suppose there isn't anyone else I would rather have looking over my proverbial shoulder."

"I am so sorry for binging it up Sir it must have been quite traumatic."
The young Cultist said.
"Poor Nephandi if a brush with a Caul is that bad, how do they ever recover from...well you know Sir what happens to them?"
She muttered sadly and looked at you. Rodger nodded he pulled his flask out of his pocket and handed it to you.
"Here you go my good man, have as much as you like."
He said.
"Sometimes a drink is needed to, settle...memories down."
He added a bit less cheerful than he usually was and he looked out into the distance for a moment.
He accepted the flask with a nod and took a small swig, just a mouthful to moisten his tongue, "Thank you... That's the damnable thing, the Fallen never really recover. Not completely. Just thinking about it is enough for even the bravest among them to start shrinking away from the memory... That's the part they don't share with their... initiates. Widderslainte are the ones that are able to function properly again, of sorts, because their Avatar won't necessarily share that memory, either..."

"Even so, poor man...I can not even imagine."
Rodger said as he begun the final approch towards the Umbral docks.
"Some docks have a control tower that will give directions this one do not, meaning it is our responsibility to make sure we do not crash with any other ships."
He explained. A red light on the control board light up and you heard a voice over the radio.
"Unknown shuttle this is the Silver Dancer we just wanted to inform you that both to the slots on the north side of the docks are open."
Rodger pressed a button on the radio and replied.
"Understood Silver Dancer thank you."
He arched an eyebrow and pressed the button after Rodger had responded, "Ah, Silver Dancer, this is... well, Unknown Shuttle - her owner hasn't named her yet; busy weekend, you know. Merely to inquire as to where in Chicago you have business; if you by any chance are headed to Morningstar, we'd like to offer to share transportation. Was about to call a cab, but a maxi taxi might be a more comfortable alternative if there are more of us."
He let go the button with a shrug, "Can't hurt to ask, after all."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 pm

'Wasn't planning to say "not a plant", more to explain "we found him at the Fallen base, had so much shit done to him even we felt sorry for him".' Nicole replied. On hearing the guy's... predicament, she was silent for a moment, sucking her teeth thoughtfully and with a furrowed brow.

'Hmm... Catch 22, that is. A quick word?' turning to Thorn, when he notices gestures for him to follow her out of the room for a moment.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 18, 2018 2:48 pm

[Colin] (Talking with Dalisse and Heather in the Labyrinth at 3 in the afternoon)

Colin shrugged, "Doctors know a surprising lot, but often about a very limited subject. Be fair, though, I'm sure what your doctor knows about your body that you don't is roughly comparable to what you know about your doctor's vehicle that he doesn't."

"Well I guess it is more that I do not want to hear what he have to say, the man wanted me to stop drinking can you imagine it!"
Rodger said and scoffed.
"I want a doctor that tell me all is well and to go an have a glass of wine."

He nodded thoughtfully, "For an unknown, an estimate would be enough to cross-reference with others later, at least."

"It saves us having to guess so yes there are better sensors on larger ships but for a shuttle it is a useful tool."
The Etherite said and grinned.

He smiled warmly, "She is quite unique, yes... and she can be quite cheeky, listening in on my conversations like that. But, I suppose there isn't anyone else I would rather have looking over my proverbial shoulder."

"She sound lovely Sir."
Heather said and smiled. Mia still watched you could feel her there inside your soul, keeping an eye on things.

He accepted the flask with a nod and took a small swig, just a mouthful to moisten his tongue, "Thank you... That's the damnable thing, the Fallen never really recover. Not completely. Just thinking about it is enough for even the bravest among them to start shrinking away from the memory... That's the part they don't share with their... initiates. Widderslainte are the ones that are able to function properly again, of sorts, because their Avatar won't necessarily share that memory, either..."

"That must be horrible why would anyone want to be Nephandi? Why would anyone do that to themselves Sir?"
Heather asked.
"I know they are the enemy but I can not help but feel sorry for them."

He arched an eyebrow and pressed the button after Rodger had responded, "Ah, Silver Dancer, this is... well, Unknown Shuttle - her owner hasn't named her yet; busy weekend, you know.

"That is quite understandable Unknown Shuttle i am sure a name will be picked for her eventually."
The person from the other ship responded.

Merely to inquire as to where in Chicago you have business; if you by any chance are headed to Morningstar, we'd like to offer to share transportation. Was about to call a cab, but a maxi taxi might be a more comfortable alternative if there are more of us."
He let go the button with a shrug, "Can't hurt to ask, after all."

"Two of us are going to Morningstar, myself and my apprentice, a maxi taxi would be agreeable or sharing a cab but it depends how many of you there are Unknown Shuttle...my apprentice can not be in a car with...six others...it would cause him great distress but if you are not that many sharing transportation would be welcome."
The voice over the radio said and Rodger nodded.
"Seams sensible enough, well I will be staying with the ship so it will just be you and Miss Wellspring."
The Etherite sounded a bit uncomfortable and Heather looked at you.
"We are only two Sir but six seams like an very precice and unusual number to fear."
The young Cultist muttered sounding confused.
"Well I guess there are all sort of issules pepole might have."

'Wasn't planning to say "not a plant", more to explain "we found him at the Fallen base, had so much shit done to him even we felt sorry for him".' Nicole replied. On hearing the guy's... predicament, she was silent for a moment, sucking her teeth thoughtfully and with a furrowed brow.

The Technocrat looked at you for a moment then he nodded and looked down.
"They might believe that Miss but they would still have me...examined for contamination."
He whispered fearfully.

Hmm... Catch 22, that is. A quick word?' turning to Thorn, when he notices gestures for him to follow her out of the room for a moment.

Thorn nodded he looked at violet at first concerned about leaving the teenager alone with the Thecnocrat but one look at the terrified, broken man made it clear he was in no state to harm anyone at the moment perhaps with the exception of himself and his bound hands made even that dificult. The Verbena went with you into the next room.
"Damn Technocrazy they even treat their own like that!"
Thorn muttered angrily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 18, 2018 3:11 pm

"Well I guess it is more that I do not want to hear what he have to say, the man wanted me to stop drinking can you imagine it!"
Rodger said and scoffed.
"I want a doctor that tell me all is well and to go an have a glass of wine."
Colin smiled wryly, "You would have liked my aunt's doctor, then. He advocated a liberal approach to hearty food, alcohol and tobacco. Of course, he passed on from a massive heart attack at the tender age of 45, weighing in at nearly 400 pounds and already being diagnosed with early-stage lung cancer. So I would suggest a bit of moderation is probably the healthiest approach. Moderation in all things, including moderation itself..."

"That must be horrible why would anyone want to be Nephandi? Why would anyone do that to themselves Sir?"
Heather asked.
"I know they are the enemy but I can not help but feel sorry for them."
He frowned, "In part, it's our fault... You know what we do to anyone who's found guilty of merely associating with them - by the time they realize the honeypot, the Fallen have ample evidence of their casual acquaintance, and the poor sucker gets the choice between joining and risking their immortal soul, or staying with us and lose it anyway... You are indeed right to feel sorry for them. Just be careful."

"Two of us are going to Morningstar, myself and my apprentice, a maxi taxi would be agreeable or sharing a cab but it depends how many of you there are Unknown Shuttle...my apprentice can not be in a car with...six others...it would cause him great distress but if you are not that many sharing transportation would be welcome."
The voice over the radio said and Rodger nodded.
"Seams sensible enough, well I will be staying with the ship so it will just be you and Miss Wellspring."
The Etherite sounded a bit uncomfortable and Heather looked at you.
"We are only two Sir but six seams like an very precice and unusual number to fear."
The young Cultist muttered sounding confused.
"Well I guess there are all sort of issules pepole might have."
He frowned, then nodded, pressing the button again, "Understood; your apprentice has nothing to fear from us. We are only two, none of us Order members. I'll order the maxi taxi right away, and... my sympathies for your apprentice's distress. I understand all too well, and wish him luck and good health on his path."
He released the button again and turned to Heather, "Six is a very specific number to fear. There's only one ritual I know of which calls for six Masters... the apprentice is quite justified in having those issues."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 18, 2018 4:12 pm

[Colin] (Talking with Dalisse and Heather in the Labyrinth at 3 in the afternoon)

Colin smiled wryly, "You would have liked my aunt's doctor, then. He advocated a liberal approach to hearty food, alcohol and tobacco. Of course, he passed on from a massive heart attack at the tender age of 45, weighing in at nearly 400 pounds and already being diagnosed with early-stage lung cancer. So I would suggest a bit of moderation is probably the healthiest approach. Moderation in all things, including moderation itself..."

"I do not particularly enjoy moderation I make sure I am not to drunk to pilot a Umbral craft...most of the time and that is pretty much it."
Rodger said and grinned.
"And if I get sick there is always Verbena right?"

He frowned, "In part, it's our fault... You know what we do to anyone who's found guilty of merely associating with them - by the time they realize the honeypot, the Fallen have ample evidence of their casual acquaintance, and the poor sucker gets the choice between joining and risking their immortal soul, or staying with us and lose it anyway... You are indeed right to feel sorry for them. Just be careful."

"I...have heard about it, conspire not with the enemies of Asencion right Sir? But that the Nephandi would then turn around and use our own laws agaist us to force our own members to join them that is just plain rude!"
Heather said.
"And I will be careful Sir I am not going to go near them even if I do feel sorry for them."

He frowned, then nodded, pressing the button again, "Understood; your apprentice has nothing to fear from us. We are only two, none of us Order members. I'll order the maxi taxi right away, and... my sympathies for your apprentice's distress. I understand all too well, and wish him luck and good health on his path."

"Very good I will met you at the port then."
The Mercere, a woman from the sound of her voice over the radio said, then her tone of voice turned concerned and sad.
"Thank you, I hppe he...will make it. I hope it will you be to uncomfortable for you to be in a car with one like him?"
She asked.

He released the button again and turned to Heather, "Six is a very specific number to fear. There's only one ritual I know of which calls for six Masters... the apprentice is quite justified in having those issues."

Heather looked confused for a moment longer then finally she got it and she paled.
"Oh...but...you mean the apprentice of this woman was...oh dear!"
The young Cultist said and she shivered from the thought.
"How do one even talk to someone like that?"
She asked as Rodger expertly took the ship into the Penumbra and landed her in one of the slots on the North side of the roof, the oposite side from where Mary's Serafina where docked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 18, 2018 4:30 pm

"I do not particularly enjoy moderation I make sure I am not to drunk to pilot a Umbral craft...most of the time and that is pretty much it."
Rodger said and grinned.
"And if I get sick there is always Verbena right?"
Colin grinned, "Yes, the Verbena would be useful should something happen. But you know, I'm sure you could enjoy some regular preventative maintenance from them, as well."

"I...have heard about it, conspire not with the enemies of Asencion right Sir? But that the Nephandi would then turn around and use our own laws agaist us to force our own members to join them that is just plain rude!"
Heather said.
"And I will be careful Sir I am not going to go near them even if I do feel sorry for them."
He nodded, "They do their damned best, on the whole, to ruin everything."

"Very good I will met you at the port then."
The Mercere, a woman from the sound of her voice over the radio said, then her tone of voice turned concerned and sad.
"Thank you, I hppe he...will make it. I hope it will you be to uncomfortable for you to be in a car with one like him?"
She asked.
He nodded to himself and pressed the button again, "Good, see you there... I know Morningstar has a few... members who are in your apprentice's situation; they might be able to offer help and comfort. As for me, I will not be uncomfortable with it. Though I hope your apprentice will not be too shocked by my visage."

Heather looked confused for a moment longer then finally she got it and she paled.
"Oh...but...you mean the apprentice of this woman was...oh dear!"
The young Cultist said and she shivered from the thought.
"How do one even talk to someone like that?"
She asked as Rodger expertly took the ship into the Penumbra and landed her in one of the slots on the North side of the roof, the oposite side from where Mary's Serafina where docked.
He smiled thinly, "Softly, kindly, and with compassion. Even after such a loss, they can still flourish, though there's always a darkness at the back of their eyes..."
He scanned the console as Rodger landed, "Let me see... landing gears are down, engines are powered down, everything looks good. Right, time to place the call."
He swiftly dialed the cab company and ordered a maxi taxi to the port building, for four passengers, then got out of his seat and helped Heather out of hers, "Well, then, I guess we'll be off. See you in perhaps a couple of hours, Rodger?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 18, 2018 4:52 pm

Colin grinned, "Yes, the Verbena would be useful should something happen. But you know, I'm sure you could enjoy some regular preventative maintenance from them, as well."

"Well yes perhaps I should make an apointment to see a witch about my liver my good man, it might be a good idea."
Rodger said as he mulled it over and then nodded.

He nodded, "They do their damned best, on the whole, to ruin everything."

"I guess that is what makes them Nephandi Sir."
Heather said and frowned.

He nodded to himself and pressed the button again, "Good, see you there... I know Morningstar has a few... members who are in your apprentice's situation; they might be able to offer help and comfort. As for me, I will not be uncomfortable with it. Though I hope your apprentice will not be too shocked by my visage."

"A few? I know of the Chief's young student but anyone else have something horrible happened?"
The Mercere asked sounding concerned.
"I am sure anything like that will not bother him much Sir."
She replied.

He smiled thinly, "Softly, kindly, and with compassion. Even after such a loss, they can still flourish, though there's always a darkness at the back of their eyes..."

"I can not even imagine living life without...it is horrible Sir."
Heather muttered and Rodger nodded.
"To never pilot an Ethership again, I would rather die but if this kid can manage to survive it and find some meaning in his life that is good for him."
The Umbral pilot said and shuddered as well..

He scanned the console as Rodger landed, "Let me see... landing gears are down, engines are powered down, everything looks good. Right, time to place the call."
He swiftly dialed the cab company and ordered a maxi taxi to the port building, for four passengers,

"Yes you can see the engine status here, it is powered down, these controls the landing gear and I will run through a short checklist before opening the hatch."
Rodger said as he showed you the relevant controls.

You got a friendly woman on the line at the taxi company.
"One maxi taxi...yes I know the adress, one can be at your location in five minutes Sir will that be acceptable? We accept visa, mastercard and cash."
She informed you as you ordered the car.

then got out of his seat and helped Heather out of hers, "Well, then, I guess we'll be off. See you in perhaps a couple of hours, Rodger?"

Heather gave you a smile as you helped her up. Rodger nodded.
"Yeah that works, I will do some more work on the ship and have a nap, perhaps go out and have a look at the Red Cap ship as well she is a cutie."
He confirmed.
"You can reach me on the radio if you need me, it can pick up signals from the physical plane."

(OOC: Do you remember what the office building was called I just have office building written down in my notes and not it's name.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 18, 2018 6:42 pm

Anja's Post:

Even in his weakened state, Nicole wasn't an idiot; made sure she took her rifle on leaving the room. Once out of earshot she leaned heavily on the wall and ran a hand through her hair.

'Bunker mentality - whole world is filled with threatening Reality Deviants, it is. Have to make sure the Union remains...' a flick of the fingers as she searched for the right term. '-y'know, pure.' her matter-of-fact tone a stark counterpart to Thorn's passion.

'How bad are his injuries? Is it possible for you - or someone you know - to patch him up enough here, then let nature do the rest?' the look on the large woman's face making it clear a possible-plan was forming in her head.

[I think 'office building' is an excellent name for an office building.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 18, 2018 7:16 pm

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

Even in his weakened state, Nicole wasn't an idiot; made sure she took her rifle on leaving the room. Once out of earshot she leaned heavily on the wall and ran a hand through her hair.

'Bunker mentality - whole world is filled with threatening Reality Deviants, it is. Have to make sure the Union remains...' a flick of the fingers as she searched for the right term. '-y'know, pure.' her matter-of-fact tone a stark counterpart to Thorn's passion.

"You are probably right Miss that is the idea behind their mentality even so harming their own in such a way, is there any wonder they have to resort to mind control to keep their own loyal."
Thorn snorted.
"I am sure once the Union had some nobility to them but that time is long gone."

'How bad are his injuries? Is it possible for you - or someone you know - to patch him up enough here, then let nature do the rest?' the look on the large woman's face making it clear a possible-plan was forming in her head.

"I can probably heal him yes at least mostly, he is in bad shape but not so bad that I can not manage, the most complicated will be whatever was done to his brain though but I think I can get him to the point where he will physically be fine...mentally though is another matter."
Thorn said and nodded.
"What are you thinking about Miss?"

(OOC: That is allmost like this feral cat I fed one summer, I named him Mr Cat since he was black and white and looked like he was wearing a three piece suit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next