Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 28 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:09 am

[Colin] (Morningstar 5: 30 in the afternoon)

Colin shook his head, "I'm positive, no little tip. And even if I should have missed it, Kristina would have noticed the danger when she examined you, I'm sure."

Anna looked at you she seamed to calm down a little bit but she was still concerned and stressed over what the doctors might have done.

He nodded, "Your idea has merit enough to warrant the experiment. I suspect the flavour might wind up somewhat similar to waffles with blueberries."

"Well waffels with blueberries are quite taste Mentor."
Anna said and smiled.

He nodded, "The scraps are, however, a temporary problem - they can and will be reverted over the next few years... along with any other fragments I might collect."

"So you claim Mr Wainwright and I hope you are right."
Joakim said though he looked concerned.

He nodded, "It would seem Abigail sought it, trying to intercept a parcel related to Teomim from the Mercere Chantry yesterday... It did, obviously, not contain the Grimoire itself, but Abigail could not know that it likely would not help the search..."

"That is concerning though, how did Abigail know what the Mercere where transporting?"
Ir said and frowned.
"And that the Nephandi are after Master Teomim's grimoire is worrying as well."

He pondered briefly, "Right now, I think I need something sweet. I've had a... rough day."

"A herbal tea then."
Philippa said before she added dried herbs to a strainer and steeped it in hot water before handing you the cup.

He gave a small nod, "Most likely, the offer to step down before trial will be so they can have it done quietly instead of bringing down their Traditions with them - there might be some comfort in having their sentences executed in private..."

"I doubt that would have been a good enough offer, first of all they would still be prominent members of their Traditions so it would still be a scandal and if I where one of them the offer of stepping down for the chance of shielding my Tradition rather than going through a trial with the chance of coming out on top would not be accepted."
Ir said and shook his head.

He smiled, "No bother - and there are enough seats in a helicopter to bring the family for a bit of sight-seeing in Boston."

The rebis child grinned at that and Philippa smiled a little.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright I am sure that will be quite enjoyable."
She said.

He nodded, "They look like hideous tumors with all sorts of organs growing along every surface - and they are incredibly Entropic, being the manifestation of decaying flesh - but there might be a few Traditionalists willing to sacrifice their physical freedom to befriend such a ship and essentially live almost forever... Lady Dalisse had been her ship's Handler since before the Nephandi were taken over by the Malfean ideology; back when the Nephandi were... well, less malicious, I suppose..."

"Something beautiful can come from something ugly."
Heylel said.
"Some might accept the costs of such a bond, it is possible and having a Battle Cruiser on our side would be very useful indeed but such a plan would not be easy to acomplish many would oppose it."
The rebis child continued.

He nodded, then grinned, "I'm sure I could arrange for you to be offered a seat on any assault on the damned thing. It might be interesting to see what would happen to anyone trying to bring the thrice-accursed serum into your vicinity..."

"I would indeed appriciate being a part of such an assult Mr Wainwright."
Ir said and nodded then he frowned.
"Yes well, I will not premit myself to be injected by that stuff."
He said harshly.

He frowned, "Speaking of, I need to make sure, have you ever been restrained by that foul gunk?"

"No I have not. I have been in shielded cellls and bound by the magick of another mage but I have never been restrained by the serum itself."

He nodded, "Sounds perfect. Ah, and perhaps that hair tonic for my Security Chief and his apprentice?"

"Well if you are serious about such a tonic and you do not mention it just in jest then I am sure I can whip something up."
Philippa said and raised an eyebrow.

He took a bite of the cake, followed by a sip of the tea, "By the way, I feel I should warn you, I may be somewhat restricted for a few days - Master Tolle needs to make sure my Avatar is in an acceptable state, after I had to tear down a Caul from the inside today... I am not Fallen, and requested him myself, but the inquiries might take a couple of days."

"Tearing a Caul down from the inside, now that is a risky move."
Ir said as he regarded you.
"I can imagine that indeed will cause some legal problems."
He said and his wife nodded.
"Well let us not discuss Cauls in front of the children."
She said sternly and sipped her tea.

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 4 in the afternoon.)

'Hmm... that's a idea. Go with the direct scare; this is the guy you'll marry if you don't buy all the stuff inside, girl!' she quipped in the style of an advertising executive making a pitch to a client.

"Well that would be a great marketing ploy I am sure I could scare someone into buying all the stuff."
The Technocrat said with a wry grin sounding amused.
"Especially the way I look now."

'That I do.' she replied to Thorn, before turning to Mr Shade. 'Why don't you have a sit while we sort the next bit out?' Here she patted down her pockets, located her last energy bar and tossed over to him. 'Enjoy. Guaranteed by Uncle Sam to be edible.'

The Technocrat caught the energy bar and sat down on an old chair.
"Thank you, well just about anything would taste like a feast right now."
He said as he peeled of the paper and took a bite of the candy.

After gesturing to Thorn to follow her, she'll either grab the loot box and head out of the Technocrat's earshot or head back there, ideally picking up Violet in the process.

You had the loot box in the store and the Technocrat was also in the store now. You took Thorn with you into the hallway between the store and the workshop and also found Violet there.
"I have informed the others that we are fine Miss."
Violet said as she put her phone away.

(OOC: Thorn was in the store.)

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"You can learn to do things as well. Either by yourself or we can find you a teacher." he said with a smile. "You should feel happy about it. Excited! So few people get to have the abilities that your gifted with. You'll always know how your turtles are feeling and you'll never lose a game of magick now!"

"Using these powers to win at cards seams to be cheating to me and that is not right. And those who...who captured me, what they did with their powers where not right either...perhaps this is a good thing...I do not know it is all to much."
Paul said and shook his head.

"S-sorry about that. I didn't mean to demean you in any way. I just talk like that normally." Serge said apologizing hastily in a nervous tone, realizing that he was talking without thinking once again.

"That is ok Mr Yager just don't do it again."
Allison said as she regarded you.
"Very few women likes to be referred to in such a way, and especially not by someone she do not know very well."

"Easiest way to explain it is that it's magick." Serge said calmly, seeing no reason to hide it further. "Sometimes when people...go through a traumatic experience something awakens within them. A newfound understanding of the world hits them. It can manifest in different ways but basically after that event you'll be able to do what is commonly known as magick."

"M...magick...I do not understand."
Paul said and looked at you.
"How...why...I do not understand."
He muttered clearly all of this was getting to be to much information at once for him.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I waspretty busy yesterday evening and right now I have to finish my study routine for the day now as I am staying up through the night due to having an apoinment for eeg in the morning and I will be to tired to get things done later so I will not be albe to reply for a few hours.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 28 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:24 am

Anja's Post:

'They've already managed to convince folk to pay five bucks for a book of ads, so why not?' Nicole retorted with a laugh.

Anja's Post:

'That's good, as designed to be tasty, it's not. Lest soldiers start eating them out of choice. Think it's the same principle behind MRE's.'

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a nod to Violet's info, leading the pair into the workshop, finding an empty bit of table or bench and gently empting out the box on it so the other two could see it's contents.

'Got the photo, and a few grand in cash. But not counted it yet. Any idea if it's tainted with any shit or something?' tone somewhat hesitant as she idly flipped open the box to take a better look at the gun from the safe.

[No worries]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:15 am

"No not just the Node Adley something far more precious than the Node as well but in either case being the one that get to stay at home and safe while others risks their liåves is not easy." Bruce said and sigh. "At least we did not loose anyone from Steelhaven I hear though the other Chantries was not as lucky."

"That is so," he replied.

"Well my apprentice have been resting since Mr Yager helped her sleep a few hours ago." Amadeus said and smiled. "She needs the rest."[/i]

"Ah, he did? Well that is good, she needed sleep."

[i]Tobias gave you a bit of a tired smile. "Hi..." He whispered.

"Hello, pardon if I'm disturbing your rest."

"Yes it should still be fine, just add the activating ingredient and drink. If you make sure you get plenty of water and preferably also some food before you sleep taking it before bed is not a bad idea, but make sure you get enough nourishment." The old Verbena instructed.

"Good advice, sir. I plan to do that after I finish some tasks. I just don't want to wake up feeling like I got a truck backed over me while I slept."

Amadeus read what you had written and took the stylus to respond. "I know of her but Dalisse had already been cast out of the Order when I...my former incernation was apprenticed, she was a Bahari a worshipper of Lilith and as the order where rather Abrahamic at the time they where branded as infernalists. It is good to hear that she lives, one more of my old House who have survived. Last I heard she had been given to Guernicus the Founder for his experiments, a cruel fate to be sure, I am glad she escaped it." The old Verbena wrote before he handed the tablet back to you.

He raised an eyebrow at what he read and frowned at the last part. "I see. I don't know much beyond what I wrote and you just told me. You can follow up with him about it though, he might have more details when he's available, which might take a few days." He looked back down at Beatrice and gave a tired smile, then cleared the tablet and stood up. "I would stay longer if I could, but I still have a few things to do, pardon."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:32 am

'They've already managed to convince folk to pay five bucks for a book of ads, so why not?' Nicole retorted with a laugh.

"Very true to be honest I do not really have a allot of knowledge of what can be found in a fashion magazine Miss, I prefer reading about engines, cars and stuff like that if I buy a magazine for a train ride or something."
The Technocrat commented.

'That's good, as designed to be tasty, it's not. Lest soldiers start eating them out of choice. Think it's the same principle behind MRE's.'

"I have had them before a few times Miss, like I said right now it is a feast, thank you."
The rather hungry man said as he chewed on the energy bar, wincing when he swallowed, screaming had made his throat sore.

Nicole gave a nod to Violet's info, leading the pair into the workshop, finding an empty bit of table or bench and gently empting out the box on it so the other two could see it's contents.

'Got the photo, and a few grand in cash. But not counted it yet. Any idea if it's tainted with any shit or something?' tone somewhat hesitant as she idly flipped open the box to take a better look at the gun from the safe.

"I can take a look."
Thorn said and he pulled out his dagger again and carved a symbol into his own palm and held it over the money.
"No it is not tainted as such, it have negative, Entropic Resonance, anything in here would end up with that eventually but the cash are mundane."
The Verbena informed you.

The gun would shoot 9mm ammo, it was custom made and you saw the signs that an Etherite had created the weapon, it was finely crafted of metal and would probably be a good weapon.
"And I got a knife."
Violet said clearly very happy about that.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"That is so," he replied.

Bruce nodded darkly at that, the large man was clearly sad that so many from the Tribunal had been lost he said nothing more though, Bruce did not like talking allot.

"Hello, pardon if I'm disturbing your rest."

Tobias shook his head.
"You where not, I was awake and washaving a bit of water."
He said then he considered for a moment.
"Ehm Sir can I ask one favor? If you see the man with the scars...I am not sure what his name is, I might have been told but I have forgotten...can you thank him for me? I am told a spell he created save the voice inside of me...I will be forever grateful."
The young Orphan said softly.

"Good advice, sir. I plan to do that after I finish some tasks. I just don't want to wake up feeling like I got a truck backed over me while I slept."

"Your body needs to heal so you need nourishment and fluids before you go to rest, getting enough of that will also dampen the blow when the tea stops working."
Amadeus instructed.

He raised an eyebrow at what he read and frowned at the last part. "I see. I don't know much beyond what I wrote and you just told me. You can follow up with him about it though, he might have more details when he's available, which might take a few days."

"I would like to speak with Mr Wainwright about this matter abolsutely but it can wait."
The old Verbena said and nodded.

He looked back down at Beatrice and gave a tired smile, then cleared the tablet and stood up. "I would stay longer if I could, but I still have a few things to do, pardon."

Beatrice slept, she moved a little and whimpered but she did not wake up. Amadeus nodded.
"I will tell Bee you stopped by when she wakes up, for now she needs her rest, after all she have been through loosing a Covenmate was a hard strike."
He said sadly.
"Off course, we can talk more later child, but remember what I said, do not go to bed hungry your body need fuel to heal."
The old Verbena replied.

(OOC: Sorry for the lackluster post I can see the wording is pretty bad but your GM is tired. Well then off I go then to see if my head works as it should.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:35 am

obias shook his head. "You where not, I was awake and washaving a bit of water." He said then he considered for a moment. "Ehm Sir can I ask one favor? If you see the man with the scars...I am not sure what his name is, I might have been told but I have forgotten...can you thank him for me? I am told a spell he created save the voice inside of me...I will be forever grateful."

"I will try to do that, yes, but hopefully you will have a chance to do so yourself in due time. Rest for now, and get stronger." He gave him a tired smile.

"Your body needs to heal so you need nourishment and fluids before you go to rest, getting enough of that will also dampen the blow when the tea stops working."
Amadeus instructed.

"There is food being made, so hopefully I will be able to do that soon."

"I will tell Bee you stopped by when she wakes up, for now she needs her rest, after all she have been through loosing a Covenmate was a hard strike." He said sadly. "Off course, we can talk more later child, but remember what I said, do not go to bed hungry your body need fuel to heal."
The old Verbena replied.

"Of course, please do let her know. And I am sorry for your loss, it was a difficult battle..." he said with a frown, recalling what had happened to the poor Verbena once Jace's security system activated. He gave Master Nassa a nod and then another to Tobias and went outside to collect his items from Bruce. Finding Mr Darehill was next to ask him if he could make a time bubble in a short while for some of them - if he was not yet in his room or in the common area, he was probably in the infirmary from after the fight.

// hope everything goes well!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:38 am

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"Well waffels with blueberries are quite taste Mentor."
Anna said and smiled.
Colin chuckled, "True enough, but the texture is quite different, and pasta is usually served with some sort of meat. Can't quite see that working with blueberry-flavoured pasta. Blue-dyed pasta, on the other hand..."

"So you claim Mr Wainwright and I hope you are right."
Joakim said though he looked concerned.
He smiled, "If nothing else, Anna will be able to show me the way - her future self visited Steelhaven this morning, and dropped off a few items proving her restoration worked, including a piece of solid ephemera."

"That is concerning though, how did Abigail know what the Mercere where transporting?"
Ir said and frowned.
"And that the Nephandi are after Master Teomim's grimoire is worrying as well."
He shrugged, "We don't know where that particular leak is - though I am inclined to guess it was either at the sending or receiving Chantry rather than in House Mercere itself. As for the Nephandi seeking the Grimoire, I suppose it is plausible that the attack was a favour for a pawn..."

"A herbal tea then."
Philippa said before she added dried herbs to a strainer and steeped it in hot water before handing you the cup.
He accepted with a small smile and let it steep for a few minutes.

"I doubt that would have been a good enough offer, first of all they would still be prominent members of their Traditions so it would still be a scandal and if I where one of them the offer of stepping down for the chance of shielding my Tradition rather than going through a trial with the chance of coming out on top would not be accepted."
He nodded, "That much I can't dispute... The odds of coming out on top of the trial, whether done publicly or privately, would be close to nil, though..."

The rebis child grinned at that and Philippa smiled a little.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright I am sure that will be quite enjoyable."
She said.
He smiled, "In, say, at least six years' time might be good - it's not about age, though, so much as physical size for the seatbelts, and a bit of control over one's own body."

"Something beautiful can come from something ugly."
Heylel said.
"Some might accept the costs of such a bond, it is possible and having a Battle Cruiser on our side would be very useful indeed but such a plan would not be easy to acomplish many would oppose it."
The rebis child continued.
He nodded, "If that particular door could be opened, it might allow Dalisse ex Diedne to come home at last... though, she and her ship mostly consider the Deep their home now. Still, her wisdom and knowledge is quite vast, and it would be a boon for everyone to bring her back to the Traditions. Well, 'back' is not quite the word, since she left before the Traditions were founded..."

"I would indeed appriciate being a part of such an assult Mr Wainwright."
Ir said and nodded then he frowned.
"Yes well, I will not premit myself to be injected by that stuff."
He said harshly.
He smiled wryly, "I actually gave myself a shot of the stuff, in part to understand what I might potentially have to put others through... My poor Avatar was quite upset at the indignity of being muffled by it, and I won't do it again... but I learned a lot I might not have fully grasped otherwise."

"No I have not. I have been in shielded cellls and bound by the magick of another mage but I have never been restrained by the serum itself."
He nodded, "Good... the serum has a safety limit, you see - three days, no more - after which Primium residue starts building in the brain, leading to... a host of problems. There is a way to treat that, though, but it's unpleasant and painful..."

"Well if you are serious about such a tonic and you do not mention it just in jest then I am sure I can whip something up."
Philippa said and raised an eyebrow.
He smiled wryly, "I must admit it is not entirely without a sense of humour, though I would be willing to wager a favour that the two, possibly with an audience, will have made several remarks about making me pay for such a tonic before I return to Steelhaven, if they haven't already..."

"Tearing a Caul down from the inside, now that is a risky move."
Ir said as he regarded you.
"I can imagine that indeed will cause some legal problems."
He said and his wife nodded.
"Well let us not discuss Cauls in front of the children."
She said sternly and sipped her tea.
He nodded, "Risky, yes... but I had good reason to believe it would work. About every Fallen I have interrogated has stated what would happen if I were to perform such a maneuver. As it turns out, they were right - it was unpleasant, but they were right; I emerged victorious, if not entirely unaffected. I might be the only Traditionalist alive to be able to do so, though I've no plans to do so again."
He sighed and smiled wryly, "The legal problems... will probably be less than those I already have with a certain Senior Quaesitor who has a personal grudge against me, in any case..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:04 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole was silent to this, though pulled out her flask containing energy drink and passed over to him as she left the room.

Anja's Post:

A small wince as Thorn hacked himself up, stopped admiring the gun and picked up the wad of cash and started to quickly count it once he'd finished doing his thing [if she's not already done this].

'So... my idea is this. A grand goes to Mr Shade, another to Doctor Haderman to cover their costs, then the rest is split three ways. Oh, and what are those white crystal things?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:11 pm

Colin chuckled, "True enough, but the texture is quite different, and pasta is usually served with some sort of meat. Can't quite see that working with blueberry-flavoured pasta. Blue-dyed pasta, on the other hand..."

"Yeah...I guess you are right but wolves eat deers right and the deersmight have eaten allot of blueberries so then you get meat wth your blueberries."
Anna reasoned in the favor of blueberry pasta.
"So I mean it could work right Mentor?"

He smiled, "If nothing else, Anna will be able to show me the way - her future self visited Steelhaven this morning, and dropped off a few items proving her restoration worked, including a piece of solid ephemera."

"Ephemera from her soul itself? And this piece was clean? That is quite remarkable ifit can be proven to be the same Avatar that would be conclusinve proof that cleansing a soul will be possible in the future."
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow.

He shrugged, "We don't know where that particular leak is - though I am inclined to guess it was either at the sending or receiving Chantry rather than in House Mercere itself. As for the Nephandi seeking the Grimoire, I suppose it is plausible that the attack was a favour for a pawn..."

"The attack could have been a favor for a pawn indeed, it is hard to know and as for House Mercere no I would not like to believe one of their noble kind could betray us."
Ir said and shook his head and frowned.

He accepted with a small smile and let it steep for a few minutes.

"I hope it will be to your liking Mr Wainwright."
Philippa sai before she handed her husband a cup of earl gray with milk.

He nodded, "That much I can't dispute... The odds of coming out on top of the trial, whether done publicly or privately, would be close to nil, though..."

"The truth of that statement would depend entierly on the quality of evidence gathered against the two Primi."
Ir said plainly.

He smiled, "In, say, at least six years' time might be good - it's not about age, though, so much as physical size for the seatbelts, and a bit of control over one's own body."

"I am going to be big and I am getting a tractor, a purple one!"
Heylel aounced showing that while they had unusual maturity and insight, they where also a child and right now being big and owning a purple tractor was the pinacle of what life had to offer. Philippa smiled a little at the rebis child's outburst and nodded to you.
"That sounds good Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "If that particular door could be opened, it might allow Dalisse ex Diedne to come home at last... though, she and her ship mostly consider the Deep their home now. Still, her wisdom and knowledge is quite vast, and it would be a boon for everyone to bring her back to the Traditions. Well, 'back' is not quite the word, since she left before the Traditions were founded..."

"A powerful ally is always valuable."
Heylel said and nodded. Ir glanced at you.
"Dalisse ex Diedne I have heard of her she was Guernicus' test subject was she not? The poor woman, and later a Handler of a Polyp within the Nephandi, yes she is a wise woman who would be happier with the Traditions than with the Fallen."
The former Nephandus declared.

He smiled wryly, "I actually gave myself a shot of the stuff, in part to understand what I might potentially have to put others through... My poor Avatar was quite upset at the indignity of being muffled by it, and I won't do it again... but I learned a lot I might not have fully grasped otherwise."

"One should not put others through what one is not willing to suffer oneself. That serum though is a foul concoction of the Progenitors, I would not wish it anywhere near me."
Ir said and frowned. Philippa nodded.
"I can see it's use in a combat situation or to make someone who are in a deep Quiet less dangerous but the stuff is still distasteful."

He nodded, "Good... the serum has a safety limit, you see - three days, no more - after which Primium residue starts building in the brain, leading to... a host of problems. There is a way to treat that, though, but it's unpleasant and painful..."

"Hum...that do sound problematic indeed I particularly dislike head injuries, I was stabbed in the head with a dagger once, it is not a memory I am fond of."
Ir said and frowned.
"I will make sure I am never subjected to that serum then."
He declared and Philippa considered.
"I wonder if I can make a herbal concoction that will be less painful and less filled with risk...I might make something that will disturm the Quintessence flow between...yes...perhaps so."
The Verbena said and she rose and started writing some ideas down in a small, very worn notebook.

He smiled wryly, "I must admit it is not entirely without a sense of humour, though I would be willing to wager a favour that the two, possibly with an audience, will have made several remarks about making me pay for such a tonic before I return to Steelhaven, if they haven't already..."

"Ah...well then what if I send with you a very nice herbal showever scrub that is good at relaxing and revigorating someone and you can gift the Hermetics this, and if they should need such a hair tonic you can return to me for it then."
Philippa said with a small smile.

He nodded, "Risky, yes... but I had good reason to believe it would work. About every Fallen I have interrogated has stated what would happen if I were to perform such a maneuver. As it turns out, they were right - it was unpleasant, but they were right; I emerged victorious, if not entirely unaffected. I might be the only Traditionalist alive to be able to do so, though I've no plans to do so again."

"Yes I would imagine a shard cluster would react in such a way when attacked by a Caul..."
Ir said then he shut up when Philippa shot him a warning glance about continuing to discuss such things in front of the children.

He sighed and smiled wryly, "The legal problems... will probably be less than those I already have with a certain Senior Quaesitor who has a personal grudge against me, in any case..."

"I understand however a Quesitor having a personal gripe with someone should recluse themselves from any dealings which concerns you, Senior or not this Enforcer is breaking the law."
Ir said grumpily before showing some cake into his mouth.

"I will try to do that, yes, but hopefully you will have a chance to do so yourself in due time. Rest for now, and get stronger." He gave him a tired smile.

"Thank you Sir...I wasso afraid I would loose the voice inside, I am not sure I would survive without her."
Tobias said and then he nodded and laid back down again.
"I will try Sir."
He muttered and closed his eyes.

"There is food being made, so hopefully I will be able to do that soon."

"Good make sure you have a healthy portion and perhaps bring some along so you can have a good meal when waking up as well."
Amadeus said and nodded approvingly.

"Of course, please do let her know. And I am sorry for your loss, it was a difficult battle..." he said with a frown, recalling what had happened to the poor Verbena once Jace's security system activated.

"I will do so and thank you...Raven was...remarkable and she gave her life to protect us all, her sacrifice will not be forgotten."
Amadeus declared deep emotion in his voice.
"She was a credit to her Tradition."

He gave Master Nassa a nod and then another to Tobias and went outside to collect his items from Bruce. Finding Mr Darehill was next to ask him if he could make a time bubble in a short while for some of them - if he was not yet in his room or in the common area, he was probably in the infirmary from after the fight.

Tobias and Amadeus nodded their goodbyes to you. Bruce handed you back your weapons but said little, he just grunted. On your way up to check Ryan's room you saw the Cultist on his way down from the infirmary, he had a frown on his face and looked like he was not having a good day then again no one was having a good day right now Nephandi trying to destroy the world tended to cause suck for everyone. Ryan nodded to you when he saw you.

(OOC: It went well other than potentially meeting the rudest person at the hospital. When the examination was done and I went to have my hair washed this woman looked at me and sourly remarked and I quote "What the fuck is the point of having hair that long." I mean seirously you are working at a horpital dealing with patients, way to stay classy lady.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:16 pm

Nicole was silent to this, though pulled out her flask containing energy drink and passed over to him as she left the room.

The Technocrat smiled at accepted the flask and took a bit sip of it.
"Thank you Miss."
He said before eating more of the energy bar.

A small wince as Thorn hacked himself up, stopped admiring the gun and picked up the wad of cash and started to quickly count it once he'd finished doing his thing [if she's not already done this].

There where 6300 dollars in the wad all in all.

'So... my idea is this. A grand goes to Mr Shade, another to Doctor Haderman to cover their costs, then the rest is split three ways. Oh, and what are those white crystal things?'

"That works well for me."
Thorn said and nodded, then he held his hand over the crystals and frowned deeply.
"Those though are corrupted and quite potent Tass my educated guess is that the vials contains some sort of demonic creature's semen."
He said without a hint of this shocking him. Violet though looked rather disgusted.
"Well that is just...perfect."
She grunted.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:22 pm

'So... what do we do with the Cryptid jizz, then?' Nicole replied, a wrinkle on her nose as she started to divvy up the cash.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:43 pm

"Thank you Sir...I wasso afraid I would loose the voice inside, I am not sure I would survive without her." Tobias said and then he nodded and laid back down again.
"I will try Sir." He muttered and closed his eyes.

He nodded to him, glad that his avatar was in better shape than it had been.

"Good make sure you have a healthy portion and perhaps bring some along so you can have a good meal when waking up as well."
Amadeus said and nodded approvingly.

"I suppose I could take leftovers, if everyone's gotten their first portions. I will see if someone can bring some to you here."

"I will do so and thank you...Raven was...remarkable and she gave her life to protect us all, her sacrifice will not be forgotten." Amadeus declared deep emotion in his voice. "She was a credit to her Tradition."

"Indeed."

On your way up to check Ryan's room you saw the Cultist on his way down from the infirmary, he had a frown on his face... Ryan nodded to you when he saw you.

"Ah, excuse me," he said as he saw him. "I hope you are unharmed?" he asked first, noting his frown and waiting to see how the man was doing before proceeding. "I am sorry for what happened to your mentor. She saved all our lives and got us through a critical moment, I do hope she will recover soon in full," he said with a nod to him. "The Chief would like to know if it is possible for you to make a time bubble for some people that are in need of rest. I would imagine it would be after the meal being prepared, or relatively soon." He waited for the answer either way, if the man were too tired or dox'd they would have to make do.

// I guess she never heard the saying if you don't have anything nice to say, shut up xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:01 pm

"Burning it with primal fire seams a valid option though I guess we could ask our superiors if any of them have any use for such a...substance."
Thorn said and grimaced. Violet accepted her share of the money and looked at the vials.
"I can not help but wonder how they got it out of the demon...then then I realize I do not really want to know."
The young Verbena commented.
"I agree with Thorn though Miss unless one of our superious want the stuff burning it seams like a good idea to me."

He nodded to him, glad that his avatar was in better shape than it had been.

Tobias setteled down to rest, he was tired, very tired but also much better all he needed now was rest.

"I suppose I could take leftovers, if everyone's gotten their first portions. I will see if someone can bring some to you here."

"I appriciate it, I am going to have to go up to the infirmary and help out though, I am waiting for Mr Sherman who have agreed to sit with Be and Mr Wagner as soon as he had a minor injury healed."
Amadeus said.
"But I am sure he would appriciate some food, and Mr Wagner might be up for a solid meal and Mr King of course."

"Indeed."

"And she will be reborn to become a strong mage once again in her next life, such is the way of things, but I am going to miss Raven."
Amadeus said sadly.
"However I will rather celebrate her life than mourn her passing for she died with honor."

"Ah, excuse me," he said as he saw him. "I hope you are unharmed?" he asked first, noting his frown and waiting to see how the man was doing before proceeding.

"Ah Mr Roth Hicks hi."
Ryan said and stopped.
"I am fine, I had to get my knee sorted out but other than that I was not injured how about yourself I hope you are ok."
The Cultist said and he flexed his recently healed leg to illustrate his words.

"I am sorry for what happened to your mentor. She saved all our lives and got us through a critical moment, I do hope she will recover soon in full," he said with a nod to him.

"Thank you...well my sister Ange and I share a Mentor. I am told she will be fine, she have some broken bones that will take time to heal but the Deaocness got to her in time and saved her life and there will be no lasting damage."
Ryan said but a worried frown cast a shadow over his rugged features.
"It do not suprise me she did that, Ange are quite the woman, she can kick some ass."
He declared proudly.

"The Chief would like to know if it is possible for you to make a time bubble for some people that are in need of rest. I would imagine it would be after the meal being prepared, or relatively soon." He waited for the answer either way, if the man were too tired or dox'd they would have to make do.

"Yeah sure...that should not be a big problem, I would prefer to wait until after a good meal though and if I have time to wash of...well dead Nepandi and things I do not want to know what is. If you could gather up a basket of food and water to bring with us into the time bubble though that would be helpful especially water in case we need it, and a bucket for well private things."
The Cultist said and nodded.
"I could set up in the chapel after dinner."

(OOC: Yeah I mean her job is to wash hair not to comment on the chosen hairstyles of the patients that enter her work station, seriously.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:35 pm

"I appriciate it, I am going to have to go up to the infirmary and help out though, I am waiting for Mr Sherman who have agreed to sit with Be and Mr Wagner as soon as he had a minor injury healed." Amadeus said. "But I am sure he would appriciate some food, and Mr Wagner might be up for a solid meal and Mr King of course."

"Quite, I will mention that as well."

"Ah Mr Roth Hicks hi." Ryan said and stopped. "I am fine, I had to get my knee sorted out but other than that I was not injured how about yourself I hope you are ok."
The Cultist said and he flexed his recently healed leg to illustrate his words.

He tipped his head. "I am glad to hear you are doing better. I will be fine in time."

"Thank you...well my sister Ange and I share a Mentor. I am told she will be fine, she have some broken bones that will take time to heal but the Deaocness got to her in time and saved her life and there will be no lasting damage." Ryan said but a worried frown cast a shadow over his rugged features. "It do not suprise me she did that, Ange are quite the woman, she can kick some ass." He declared proudly.

"Ah, pardon my mistake. Your sister, then," he said at the correction. "I'm glad to hear she will recover then. She did indeed kick ass," he said with a small smile.

"Yeah sure...that should not be a big problem, I would prefer to wait until after a good meal though and if I have time to wash of...well dead Nepandi and things I do not want to know what is. If you could gather up a basket of food and water to bring with us into the time bubble though that would be helpful especially water in case we need it, and a bucket for well private things." The Cultist said and nodded."I could set up in the chapel after dinner."

"The Master alchemist is preparing a dinner for us, and I too need a shower and change of clothing as do others I imagine," he agreed. "I will do that then let my pater know that it will be prepared for after dinner and then bring those items up to the chapel. Thank you." Depending which floor he was on, and which was closer, he either went back downstairs to tell his pater and collect the items requested for the chapel or went to his room to clean up and get new clothing. They'd need blankets too, and pillows so he would dig out his sleeping bag from the closet. His last stop before going back downstairs again would be checking the infirmary for the person Colin assisted and seeing how Adjan was doing and the others. Normally all the stair climbing would not bother him but he knew he was injured and while he didn't dally he didn't exactly run either.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Anja's Post:

'Well... I got a gun, she got a blade, so you've got the... substance to handle how you see fit.' Nicole replied, taking Thorn's cut of the cash and placing it alongside the items in question. 'That's the idea - never ask a question unless you're sure you actually desire to know the answer.' she continued to Violet, ending with a wry little smile.

'Next bit seems to now send the photo and call back to finalise the shopping list.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:31 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"Yeah...I guess you are right but wolves eat deers right and the deersmight have eaten allot of blueberries so then you get meat wth your blueberries."
Anna reasoned in the favor of blueberry pasta.
"So I mean it could work right Mentor?"
Colin chuckled, "Well, now, wolves are hardly known for chewing their food, so i don't know how much sense of taste they really use..."

"Ephemera from her soul itself? And this piece was clean? That is quite remarkable ifit can be proven to be the same Avatar that would be conclusinve proof that cleansing a soul will be possible in the future."
Joakim said and raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "It will be presented in Anna's trial, obviously - but for now it is stored with someone I trust implicitly."

"I hope it will be to your liking Mr Wainwright."
Philippa sai before she handed her husband a cup of earl gray with milk.
He smiled, "Considering the quality of the tea you served on board the Heart of the Black Forest, I have no worries in that regard."

"The truth of that statement would depend entierly on the quality of evidence gathered against the two Primi."
Ir said plainly.
He nodded, "Quite so. I believe the trial documents, with only two Primi in attendance, should be more than enough on their own... but of course, we're still collating more."

"A powerful ally is always valuable."
Heylel said and nodded. Ir glanced at you.
"Dalisse ex Diedne I have heard of her she was Guernicus' test subject was she not? The poor woman, and later a Handler of a Polyp within the Nephandi, yes she is a wise woman who would be happier with the Traditions than with the Fallen."
The former Nephandus declared.
He nodded, "The very one... She escaped when it was believed her Fount was permanently severed. Her Avatar came back, though, badly scarred, but not destroyed. She showed me; it is an old, Primordial man, quite grim-looking, very powerful."

"One should not put others through what one is not willing to suffer oneself. That serum though is a foul concoction of the Progenitors, I would not wish it anywhere near me."
Ir said and frowned. Philippa nodded.
"I can see it's use in a combat situation or to make someone who are in a deep Quiet less dangerous but the stuff is still distasteful."
He nodded, "It is disgusting, and quite painful on the merely physical level, too. I will admit it has its uses, but it should never be the go-to solution for any Mage who might act out of turn."

"Hum...that do sound problematic indeed I particularly dislike head injuries, I was stabbed in the head with a dagger once, it is not a memory I am fond of."
Ir said and frowned.
"I will make sure I am never subjected to that serum then."
He declared and Philippa considered.
"I wonder if I can make a herbal concoction that will be less painful and less filled with risk...I might make something that will disturm the Quintessence flow between...yes...perhaps so."
The Verbena said and she rose and started writing some ideas down in a small, very worn notebook.
He nodded, "The serum is actually a derivative of a Hermetic lichdom potion, laced with extremely fine Primium dust. A less painful and less harmful alternative would be greatly appreciated across the Traditions as a whole, I would think."

"Ah...well then what if I send with you a very nice herbal showever scrub that is good at relaxing and revigorating someone and you can gift the Hermetics this, and if they should need such a hair tonic you can return to me for it then."
Philippa said with a small smile.
He smiled and nodded, "I'm sure they will appreciate that."

"Yes I would imagine a shard cluster would react in such a way when attacked by a Caul..."
Ir said then he shut up when Philippa shot him a warning glance about continuing to discuss such things in front of the children.
He nodded, "Boom. In a spiritual sense of the word."

"I understand however a Quesitor having a personal gripe with someone should recluse themselves from any dealings which concerns you, Senior or not this Enforcer is breaking the law."
Ir said grumpily before showing some cake into his mouth.
He nodded, "I know... She was quite upset when I told her I could not let her arrest me on the spot, and made up all sorts of accusations that I would try to escape justice. Fortunately, my Security Chief was able to point out that her established hostility rendered her unfit for the task, and accepted my word that I would check in with him as soon as I returned after my more urgent errands in Chicago. That would also give him time to send for Master Tolle to investigate me - he is a frightening man, but possibly absolutely beyond corruption. Which, I suppose, speaks volumes about my faith in the outcome of the investigation."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:47 pm

"Using these powers to win at cards seams to be cheating to me and that is not right. And those who...who captured me, what they did with their powers where not right either...perhaps this is a good thing...I do not know it is all to much."
Paul said and shook his head.

"Yeah your probably right about that. Cheating isn't the best thing to do with your powers." Serge said with a chuckle. "But your powers are a good thing. They can be sued to help other people. You just need to understand them a little better. Do you have any questions about them?"

"M...magick...I do not understand."
Paul said and looked at you.
"How...why...I do not understand."
He muttered clearly all of this was getting to be to much information at once for him.

"That was probably a bit heavy handed. Sorry about that." Serge said sheepishly. "Perhaps it would be easier if I answered any specific questions that you had. What do you want to know about?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:56 pm

Colin chuckled, "Well, now, wolves are hardly known for chewing their food, so i don't know how much sense of taste they really use..."

"Then it must be really boring to be a wolf Mentor, what is the fun in food if one do not taste it?"
Anna asked.

He nodded, "It will be presented in Anna's trial, obviously - but for now it is stored with someone I trust implicitly."

"That is probably wise."
Joakim said and nodded.

He smiled, "Considering the quality of the tea you served on board the Heart of the Black Forest, I have no worries in that regard."

Philippa gave a warm smile at that.

He nodded, "Quite so. I believe the trial documents, with only two Primi in attendance, should be more than enough on their own... but of course, we're still collating more."

"It might then again you will be fighting an uphil battle the judges would want to avoid the calamity that comes with such a conviction and might see them...dealing with a widderslainte as...less of a big deal than it actually are so the trial documents might not be enough to get them convincted."
Ir said and frowned.

He nodded, "The very one... She escaped when it was believed her Fount was permanently severed. Her Avatar came back, though, badly scarred, but not destroyed. She showed me; it is an old, Primordial man, quite grim-looking, very powerful."

"Well I do have a fondnss for old, powerful Primodial Avatars."
Ir said with a bit of a smile then he turned serious again.
"I am glad her soul survived though the horror she must have gone though, poor woman, how are she fearing these days then? Have she been able to put the torture behind her?"

He nodded, "It is disgusting, and quite painful on the merely physical level, too. I will admit it has its uses, but it should never be the go-to solution for any Mage who might act out of turn."

"The sheer volume of the injection would make it painful, many times that of a vaccine, not to mention the thinkness of the fluid would neccesitate a fairly thick needle be used, yes that would be quite uncomfortabe and no it should not be used other than when no other solution are found or as a quick way to restrain a prisoner during combat."
Philippa agreed and frowned.

He nodded, "The serum is actually a derivative of a Hermetic lichdom potion, laced with extremely fine Primium dust. A less painful and less harmful alternative would be greatly appreciated across the Traditions as a whole, I would think."

"I would need to do some research but I think I might be able to create a herbal potion that would be able to temporarily stop the one drinking it from using magick, however I doubt I can make it an injectable which will make it harder to force on a prisoner, though for a cooperating captive it might beome a less painful and less dangerous option, we are going to have to see."
Philippa commented as she jotted things down into her book.
"Hum...in addition to herbs...the shed hairs of a white cat...perhaps I must take a trip on an animal shelter and see if they have any white ones."

He smiled and nodded, "I'm sure they will appreciate that."

"It will be ready with the fertilizer when you are done with your errands Mr Wainwright."
Philippa said and smiled.

He nodded, "Boom. In a spiritual sense of the word."

"I met a Technocrat with a shard cluster Avatar once I felt the same sense of danger from him so yes I imagine that what you describe would resulte in quite a boom indeed and the shards should return to the cluster after the explosion."
Ir said and Philippa sipped her tea.
"Honey I think we will add exploding Avatars to the list of topics not to be discussed in front of the children."
She said sternly and the old archmage sigh, clearly he was putty in her hands.
"Yes dear..."
He muttered.

He nodded, "I know... She was quite upset when I told her I could not let her arrest me on the spot, and made up all sorts of accusations that I would try to escape justice. Fortunately, my Security Chief was able to point out that her established hostility rendered her unfit for the task, and accepted my word that I would check in with him as soon as I returned after my more urgent errands in Chicago. That would also give him time to send for Master Tolle to investigate me - he is a frightening man, but possibly absolutely beyond corruption. Which, I suppose, speaks volumes about my faith in the outcome of the investigation."

"Master Tolle is indeed terrifying and he is a fanatic but he keeps to the letter of the law perfectly so if you are sure of your inosence there would be no better man to have investigate you, as for this Senior Quesitor she is stepping far over the line if I where you I would file a complaint about her with House Guernicus' Domus Magna, their main Chantry Magvillus, she deserves a scrape for her actions."
Ir said firmly.
"Just make sure you sent the letter with a Mercere to make sure it actually get there so this Quesitor can not intercept it on the way."

"Quite, I will mention that as well."

"Thank you that is appriciated child."
Amadeus said and nodded.

He tipped his head. "I am glad to hear you are doing better. I will be fine in time."

"Well what I have seen hurt more than the injury but yes in time, and we did a good job in the Labyrinth today Mr Roth Hicks."
Ryan said and nodded.

"Ah, pardon my mistake. Your sister, then," he said at the correction. "I'm glad to hear she will recover then. She did indeed kick ass," he said with a small smile.

The Cultist Adept smiled a little and nodded, he was clearly fond of his sister and proud of her courage and acomplishments.

"The Master alchemist is preparing a dinner for us, and I too need a shower and change of clothing as do others I imagine," he agreed. "I will do that then let my pater know that it will be prepared for after dinner and then bring those items up to the chapel. Thank you."

"Ah well Darrian is a good cook."
Ryan said and perked up.
"Well I guess we are all pretty much drenched in blood and guts. Ok then I will see you in the chapel after dinner then unless I see you before then."
Ryan agreed.

Depending which floor he was on, and which was closer, he either went back downstairs to tell his pater and collect the items requested for the chapel or went to his room to clean up and get new clothing. They'd need blankets too, and pillows so he would dig out his sleeping bag from the closet.

You met Ryan close to the third floor where your apartment where located. You get a shower and your Avatar felt like she approved of her host getting clean, she did not like to be in a dirty vessel. You got your sleeping bag as well.

His last stop before going back downstairs again would be checking the infirmary for the person Colin assisted and seeing how Adjan was doing and the others. Normally all the stair climbing would not bother him but he knew he was injured and while he didn't dally he didn't exactly run either.

You got up to the infirmary there you found that Adjan was sleeping in one bed, one of his legs where in a cast but he looked better than he had when last you saw him. Ange where in a bed sleeping she was pale and hooked up to IVs but she was alive. You saw the ones rescued from Jace's two labs. Arn where sleeping in one of the beds. Several magi from the strike teams where being healed around the room, but you saw no one you did not know. You saw Serge though talking with the newly Awakened man.

"Yeah your probably right about that. Cheating isn't the best thing to do with your powers." Serge said with a chuckle. "But your powers are a good thing. You just need to understand them a little better. Do you have any questions about them?"

"I...ehm...what are they? Where do they come from? What is happening to me?"
Paul said and he was clearly overwealmed.
"What is going to happen to me now?"

"That was probably a bit heavy handed. Sorry about that." Serge said sheepishly. "Perhaps it would be easier if I answered your questions slowly. What do you want to know about?"

"Yeah...perhaps...ehm...where do these powers come from?"
Paul asked and he looked at you with scared, confused eyes.
"Why can I suddely see these auras?"

You notice Adley coming up the stairs while you talk with Paul.

'Well... I got a gun, she got a blade, so you've got the... substance to handle how you see fit.' Nicole replied, taking Thorn's cut of the cash and placing it alongside the items in question.

"Ah...you get a gun, Violet get a knife and I get ehm demon seed, semas fair"
Thorn said wryly.
"At least it is not a certain Virtual Adept legend I will be getting...hum what about the silver pocket watch, do you want that?"

'That's the idea - never ask a question unless you're sure you actually desire to know the answer.' she continued to Violet, ending with a wry little smile.

"Well now is not that the truth Miss."
Violet replied and she smiled a little.

'Next bit seems to now send the photo and call back to finalise the shopping list.'

"If you sent the picture I can call the Deacon."
Thorn said and he fished his phone out of his pocket.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:54 pm

Anja's Post:

'Well, less risk to you than us two.' Nicole replied with a flash of a grin. 'Oh, the watch...' gingerly picking it up with her gloved hand and giving it a closer look.

Anja's Post:

'What's the number to send it to?' picking up her own phone and gave the screen a couple of taps.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:48 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"Then it must be really boring to be a wolf Mentor, what is the fun in food if one do not taste it?"
Anna asked.
Colin nodded, "Most animals in the wild don't have the luxury of being gourmets, I'm afraid... For them, it is mostly the simple question of whether or not they will survive eating whatever they can find to eat."

"It might then again you will be fighting an uphil battle the judges would want to avoid the calamity that comes with such a conviction and might see them...dealing with a widderslainte as...less of a big deal than it actually are so the trial documents might not be enough to get them convincted."
Ir said and frowned.
He nodded, "True, except the victim in question had cleansed her Avatar, with documentation verifying this from Master Telar, and the two present Primi ignored the evidence because they could not read it... and the victim will be able to testify in person."

"Well I do have a fondnss for old, powerful Primodial Avatars."
Ir said with a bit of a smile then he turned serious again.
"I am glad her soul survived though the horror she must have gone though, poor woman, how are she fearing these days then? Have she been able to put the torture behind her?"
He smiled, "She seemed quite content with life in general, and while she has some... interesting mutations, she is still a pleasant woman, even if her appearance is slightly alien. I think she will be just fine on her own; perhaps she'll pick up a few passengers somewhere, some wanderers for occasional company, but I doubt she will let the Nephandi assume command of her ship again..."

"I would need to do some research but I think I might be able to create a herbal potion that would be able to temporarily stop the one drinking it from using magick, however I doubt I can make it an injectable which will make it harder to force on a prisoner, though for a cooperating captive it might beome a less painful and less dangerous option, we are going to have to see."
Philippa commented as she jotted things down into her book.
"Hum...in addition to herbs...the shed hairs of a white cat...perhaps I must take a trip on an animal shelter and see if they have any white ones."
He pondered, "Might it be possible to make it an inhalant, perhaps some concentrated spray to the face? That would make administering it easier."

"It will be ready with the fertilizer when you are done with your errands Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "Thank you. I will find some suitable means of payment, unless you have anything concrete in mind."

"I met a Technocrat with a shard cluster Avatar once I felt the same sense of danger from him so yes I imagine that what you describe would resulte in quite a boom indeed and the shards should return to the cluster after the explosion."
Ir said and Philippa sipped her tea.
"Honey I think we will add exploding Avatars to the list of topics not to be discussed in front of the children."
She said sternly and the old archmage sigh, clearly he was putty in her hands.
"Yes dear..."
He muttered.
He coughed softly, "Ah, pardon me, I may have picked up a slightly more morbid inclination than usual today... I'll have to try to clear that away, too."

"Master Tolle is indeed terrifying and he is a fanatic but he keeps to the letter of the law perfectly so if you are sure of your inosence there would be no better man to have investigate you, as for this Senior Quesitor she is stepping far over the line if I where you I would file a complaint about her with House Guernicus' Domus Magna, their main Chantry Magvillus, she deserves a scrape for her actions."
Ir said firmly.
"Just make sure you sent the letter with a Mercere to make sure it actually get there so this Quesitor can not intercept it on the way."
He smiled thinly, "I might do so, indeed. Then again, I might wait for, well... ever hear the phrase 'give them enough rope'? I would have to double-check the timing for a few things. Fortunately, I know just the Mercere to deliver such a message at the most opportune moment... It is indeed a dangerous game, but i have a great advantage against the enemy we're all facing - I don't consider my own survival a necessity for victory. If my assessment of them is anywhere near good, they don't quite understand that mindset. Thank Heavens they are not Flambeau..."

((OOC: "Demon seed"? "Virtual Adept legend"? Are we making Dean Koontz references now? Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:21 am

"Well what I have seen hurt more than the injury but yes in time, and we did a good job in the Labyrinth today Mr Roth Hicks."
Ryan said and nodded.

"Yeah, I think I know what you mean..."

"Ah well Darrian is a good cook." Ryan said and perked up. "Well I guess we are all pretty much drenched in blood and guts. Ok then I will see you in the chapel after dinner then unless I see you before then." Ryan agreed.

"Sounds good, thank you."

ou met Ryan close to the third floor where your apartment where located. You get a shower and your Avatar felt like she approved of her host getting clean, she did not like to be in a dirty vessel. You got your sleeping bag as well.

A shower was wonderful, he felt like he could stand there a week and maybe he'd be clean by then. And fresh, not disgusting covered in gore clothing, the old ones went into a garbage bag along with anything else that needed to be got rid of that was disgusting. All his tools, items like the writing tablet and the pinecone carefully put back where they belonged on him or in his bag.

You got up to the infirmary there you found that Adjan was sleeping in one bed, one of his legs where in a cast but he looked better than he had when last you saw him. Ange where in a bed sleeping she was pale and hooked up to IVs but she was alive. You saw the ones rescued from Jace's two labs. Arn where sleeping in one of the beds. Several magi from the strike teams where being healed around the room, but you saw no one you did not know. You saw Serge though talking with the newly Awakened man.

He was glad to see Arn resting too, the poor man. He resisted the urge to fuss over Adjan in case he disturbed him and then noted Serge. More of a surprise, it seems he had gotten the man with the avatar he'd spoken with talking to him, and awake. He raised a hand to them and gave Serge a nod, then looked to see who was on duty that he might make a discreet inquiry about the person Colin spoke of on the phone.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:56 am

"I...ehm...what are they? Where do they come from? What is happening to me?"
Paul said and he was clearly overwealmed.
"What is going to happen to me now?"

"Ok the first three question have a long history of complicated answers that vary from person to person. But like I said before, something awakened within you. An Avatar is the common name for it. With that awakening came a new understanding of the world. That understanding came suddenly to you and it overwhelmed you at first which is likely why you past out. But if you let us heal you and give it some time you'll slowly begin to understand your powers on your own." Serge said talking in a calm slow voice, trying to think of the simplest way to explain.

"That last questions is a lot easier. With your permission we'd like to heal your injuries. After your healed your free to do whatever you want. Go back home and feed your turtles, stick around to ask a few more questions, or a combination of the two."

"Yeah...perhaps...ehm...where do these powers come from?"
Paul asked and he looked at you with scared, confused eyes.
"Why can I suddely see these auras?"

"Magick comes from a different place for everyone. It depends on what you believe in. The type of magick that unlocked within you is commonly known as Mind Magick, the same kind I use. Magick that affects the mind, thoughts, and emotions of other conscious beings. Auras fall under that category and is the most basic type of magick to cast." Serge explained.

"Is you aura sight on constantly?" Serge asked curiously. "If it is I can try and teach you how to control it and turn it off."

You notice Adley coming up the stairs while you talk with Paul.
Adley wrote:He was glad to see Arn resting too, the poor man. He resisted the urge to fuss over Adjan in case he disturbed him and then noted Serge. More of a surprise, it seems he had gotten the man with the avatar he'd spoken with talking to him, and awake. He raised a hand to them and gave Serge a nod, then looked to see who was on duty that he might make a discreet inquiry about the person Colin spoke of on the phone.

Serge gave a polite and friendly wave as he saw the elder mage walk past and then continued to talk with Paul.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:44 am

Colin nodded, "Most animals in the wild don't have the luxury of being gourmets, I'm afraid... For them, it is mostly the simple question of whether or not they will survive eating whatever they can find to eat."

"I guess you are right Mentor, for them everything is about survival, I guess I am glad I am not an wild animal then, I like yummy food."
Anna said and smiled. The two Cultists frinned a little.

He nodded, "True, except the victim in question had cleansed her Avatar, with documentation verifying this from Master Telar, and the two present Primi ignored the evidence because they could not read it... and the victim will be able to testify in person."

Ir frowned darkly at that.
"Hum that might change the situation a little however since the official policy is that such cleaning are impossible so there would have to be very strong evidence for it having taken place or the claim will just be thrown out."

He smiled, "She seemed quite content with life in general, and while she has some... interesting mutations, she is still a pleasant woman, even if her appearance is slightly alien. I think she will be just fine on her own; perhaps she'll pick up a few passengers somewhere, some wanderers for occasional company, but I doubt she will let the Nephandi assume command of her ship again..."

Ir just nodded at that.
"Hum...that is good then, and a few mutations are not a big problem. I wish the woman the best."

He pondered, "Might it be possible to make it an inhalant, perhaps some concentrated spray to the face? That would make administering it easier."

"Possibly, well I would have to figure out how to make the concoction before I could consider if I could make it into a spray or an inhalant."

He nodded, "Thank you. I will find some suitable means of payment, unless you have anything concrete in mind."

"What if you just owe me a small favor Mr Wainwright."
The old Verbena suggjested.

He coughed softly, "Ah, pardon me, I may have picked up a slightly more morbid inclination than usual today... I'll have to try to clear that away, too."

"That is quite allright Mr Wainwright but I do not want the children to get nightmares."
Philippa said and she looked at her children who was more busy with cake than what was being discussed right now.

He smiled thinly, "I might do so, indeed. Then again, I might wait for, well... ever hear the phrase 'give them enough rope'? I would have to double-check the timing for a few things.

Ir just nodded at that.

Fortunately, I know just the Mercere to deliver such a message at the most opportune moment... It is indeed a dangerous game, but i have a great advantage against the enemy we're all facing - I don't consider my own survival a necessity for victory. If my assessment of them is anywhere near good, they don't quite understand that mindset. Thank Heavens they are not Flambeau..."

"No indeed when fighting against an enemy that are not willing to pay with their own lives one will end up with an advantage so you are right Flambeau can be terrifying oponents and not because they are masters of Ignem."
Ir said and nodded.
"I wish you the best with this then Mr Wainwright and I will help you bring down these bastards who would through aside Avatars if I can."

(OOC: WW probably got the name from him. Demon Seed Elite though is a cannon character, a Virdual Adept who gave up his body to become a AI on the Digital Web, he apperar as a bright orange monster truck frying the brains of those he dislike, he is sort of a partly respected boogie man for the Virtual Adepts.)

"Ok the first three question have a long history of complicated answers that vary from person to person. But like I said before, something awakened within you. An Avatar is the common name for it. With that awakening came a new understanding of the world. That understanding came suddenly to you and it overwhelmed you at first which is likely why you past out. But if you let us heal you and give it some time you'll slowly begin to understand your powers on your own." Serge said talking in a calm slow voice, trying to think of the simplest way to explain.

Paul looked rather confused as he listened to your answers.
"Something Awakened inside of me? Do everyone have this something inside of them?"
He replied then he asked.
"Healing me...you can heal me? Take away the pain?"
He asked.

"That last questions is a lot easier. With your permission we'd like to heal your injuries. After your healed your free to do whatever you want. Go back home and feed your turtles, stick around to ask a few more questions, or a combination of the two."

"I would rather prefer to feed my turtles at once, they are delicate creatures and being left alone for so long they might be dead already."
Paul said sounding very concerned.
"We can send someone to take care of them until you feel well enough Mr Fletcher."
Allison offered and Paul nodded.
"Ok...thank you Miss."
He said and he seamed to calm down a little.

"Magick comes from a different place for everyone. It depends on what you believe in. The type of magick that unlocked within you is commonly known as Mind Magick, the same kind I use. Magick that affects the mind, thoughts, and emotions of other conscious beings. Auras fall under that category and is the most basic type of magick to cast." Serge explained.

"So...I can affect minds? I do not understand."
Paul said he seamed rather confused again.
"Y...you can read minds?"

"Is you aura sight on constantly?" Serge asked curiously. "If it is I can try and teach you how to control it and turn it off."

"You can turn of your aura? But what is an aura then?"
Paul asked.

'Well, less risk to you than us two.' Nicole replied with a flash of a grin. 'Oh, the watch...' gingerly picking it up with her gloved hand and giving it a closer look.

"True I might be able to dispose of the foul stuff safely."
Thorn said and sigh. The pocket watch whre finelly made in a silver casing with a glass face, it had been in that safe for some time though and it needed a tune up and to be cleaned of, it was a wind up watch and it looked rather old.

What's the number to send it to?' picking up her own phone and gave the screen a couple of taps.

Thorn gave you the number to the Etherite Deacon.

"Yeah, I think I know what you mean..."

Ryan just nodded at that.

"Sounds good, thank you."

The Cultist gave you a bit of a smile then he headed for his room to clean up.

A shower was wonderful, he felt like he could stand there a week and maybe he'd be clean by then. And fresh, not disgusting covered in gore clothing, the old ones went into a garbage bag along with anything else that needed to be got rid of that was disgusting. All his tools, items like the writing tablet and the pinecone carefully put back where they belonged on him or in his bag.

Several of your sets of clothing had been destroyed over the last few days and your drawers where starting to get rather empty soon you would need to pick up more clothes if you kept destroying them in this speed. You got your old clothes into a bag and got on fresh ones.

He was glad to see Arn resting too, the poor man. He resisted the urge to fuss over Adjan in case he disturbed him and then noted Serge. More of a surprise, it seems he had gotten the man with the avatar he'd spoken with talking to him, and awake. He raised a hand to them and gave Serge a nod, then looked to see who was on duty that he might make a discreet inquiry about the person Colin spoke of on the phone.

Paul looked nervous when Adley waved to him but then he setteled down again.
"I feel like I have spoken with that man over there, the one with the dark hair and blue eyes it feels like I know he is a good man but I swear I have never seen him before in my life."
The wounded man whispered in a confused tone of voice.

You saw Allison White and Dr Wong Richard's Mentor where working on the wounded, you also saw Ingmar there magickally healing those who needed it. The nw arrival Devon Miles where there as well offering help where he could.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:11 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"I guess you are right Mentor, for them everything is about survival, I guess I am glad I am not an wild animal then, I like yummy food."
Anna said and smiled. The two Cultists frinned a little.
Colin nodded sagely, "The benefit of being human - we can appreciate delicacies."

Ir frowned darkly at that.
"Hum that might change the situation a little however since the official policy is that such cleaning are impossible so there would have to be very strong evidence for it having taken place or the claim will just be thrown out."
He nodded, "True - but when the only two Primi in attendance don't bother to wait for the other Primi, some of whom CAN read Master Telar's readouts, and the victim is a full Hermetic member herself... it's pretty damning."

Ir just nodded at that.
"Hum...that is good then, and a few mutations are not a big problem. I wish the woman the best."
He nodded, "I'm sure she would appreciate that if she heard. I mean to be dropping off some book deliveries for her over the coming years, though, so it should not be hard to add a simple note with best wishes."

"Possibly, well I would have to figure out how to make the concoction before I could consider if I could make it into a spray or an inhalant."
He frowned, "So long as it's not as vicious as something devised by one of the Fallen in Boston - a Progenitor Barabbus... He made a gas that temporarily evicts Avatars, most painful for the afflicted. Hopefully, the last of that gas and the recipe are gone for good now."

"What if you just owe me a small favor Mr Wainwright."
The old Verbena suggjested.
He nodded, "I much prefer bartering in favours, anyway; straight up cash and material goods tends to get... uninteresting quickly. Once one has enough money to be secure, anything more gets... distracting at best."

"That is quite allright Mr Wainwright but I do not want the children to get nightmares."
Philippa said and she looked at her children who was more busy with cake than what was being discussed right now.
He nodded, "Quite understandable... and considering that imagination cannot compare to the reality of the thing, those nightmares could get bad indeed..."

"No indeed when fighting against an enemy that are not willing to pay with their own lives one will end up with an advantage so you are right Flambeau can be terrifying oponents and not because they are masters of Ignem."
Ir said and nodded.
"I wish you the best with this then Mr Wainwright and I will help you bring down these bastards who would through aside Avatars if I can."
He smiled and nodded, "I'll keep that in mind - bringing your substantial magical strength to bear in taking down the culprits after they are exposed could go a long way in polishing your reputation and standing, too, come to think of it."

((OOC: Yeah, that doesn't sound like Koontz' Demon Seed... that actually sounds more like something from Stephen King. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:34 pm

Colin nodded sagely, "The benefit of being human - we can appreciate delicacies."

Anna smiled a little at that then she asked.
"Do you think pets can enjoy their food Mentor?"

He nodded, "True - but when the only two Primi in attendance don't bother to wait for the other Primi, some of whom CAN read Master Telar's readouts, and the victim is a full Hermetic member herself... it's pretty damning."

"So it is, perhaps it is just me who have gotten rather cynical about the Traditions' jusice system."
Ir said and sigh.
"Hopefully you can take those two Primi down."

He nodded, "I'm sure she would appreciate that if she heard. I mean to be dropping off some book deliveries for her over the coming years, though, so it should not be hard to add a simple note with best wishes."

"It should be easy for me to get such a box to the woman and her ship, there are ways to find something in the Deep Umbra though it is not easy to explain, so if you need help with that come to me. Now as for a note, yes I would like that."
Ir said and he sipped his tea.

He frowned, "So long as it's not as vicious as something devised by one of the Fallen in Boston - a Progenitor Barabbus... He made a gas that temporarily evicts Avatars, most painful for the afflicted. Hopefully, the last of that gas and the recipe are gone for good now."

"My that sounds rather vile."
Philippa said and she raised an eyebrow. Ir grunted angrily.
"Well I am told my herbal blends at times taste quite memorably but other than that no I would not make something that would harm an Avatar but rather something that would just distrupt Quintessence flow."
Philippa commented.

He nodded, "I much prefer bartering in favours, anyway; straight up cash and material goods tends to get... uninteresting quickly. Once one has enough money to be secure, anything more gets... distracting at best."

"I agree completely Mr Wainwright, there is a minimum of material wealth which is needed to have a good life but beyond that I prefer trading favors than material goods."
"Oh and would you like another slice of cake?"
She offered, the cake was moist and light, with a generous strawberry and cream filling with a strong hint of vanilla with a chocholate drissle on top.

He nodded, "Quite understandable... and considering that imagination cannot compare to the reality of the thing, those nightmares could get bad indeed..."

"Indeed and I would want to try to avoid that."
Philippa said she was understandably protective of her young ones.

He smiled and nodded, "I'll keep that in mind - bringing your substantial magical strength to bear in taking down the culprits after they are exposed could go a long way in polishing your reputation and standing, too, come to think of it."

"If I had cared about position and standing I would have stayed the senior Prelatus of a powerful Labyrinth."
Ir said gruffly.
"I want to protect Avatars so if you need help with that I want to help regardless of what I might earn from it."
The archmage declared.
"Before she Fell I did not know my Avatar was anything but a Faunt, a Gift but afterwards I realized she was meant to be a protector and healer for other souls I am trying to fulfill her purpose now, it is only right after I took her with me when I Fell."
The old Hermetic said sadly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:18 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
Anna smiled a little at that then she asked.
"Do you think pets can enjoy their food Mentor?"
Colin shrugged, "I think they're probably gourmands more than gourmets... They're happy so long as there is enough food, and preferably a bit more than merely enough. I have an owl visiting, though; we might ask his father what he thinks."

"So it is, perhaps it is just me who have gotten rather cynical about the Traditions' jusice system."
Ir said and sigh.
"Hopefully you can take those two Primi down."
He smiled thinly, "I don't stand a chance... but I know just the Quaseitor who can - and who would, regardless of political impact."

"It should be easy for me to get such a box to the woman and her ship, there are ways to find something in the Deep Umbra though it is not easy to explain, so if you need help with that come to me. Now as for a note, yes I would like that."
Ir said and he sipped his tea.
He nodded, "Lady Dalisse and I devised a system. If I need to send a package to her, I include a specific recording she knows by heart, so she can find the package. if I need to find her, I use an association with a book series we both favour."

"My that sounds rather vile."
Philippa said and she raised an eyebrow. Ir grunted angrily.
"Well I am told my herbal blends at times taste quite memorably but other than that no I would not make something that would harm an Avatar but rather something that would just distrupt Quintessence flow."
Philippa commented.
He nodded, "It is quite vile... but in fairness, I am not convinced it actually harms Avatars, just... sets them aside for a while. Obviously, the shock and emptiness would be quite traumatic to the Mage in question, but I don't necessarily think there would be any direct damage beyond that... Of course, an unconscious, powerless Mage in a combat situation is chanceless..."

"I agree completely Mr Wainwright, there is a minimum of material wealth which is needed to have a good life but beyond that I prefer trading favors than material goods."
"Oh and would you like another slice of cake?"
She offered, the cake was moist and light, with a generous strawberry and cream filling with a strong hint of vanilla with a chocholate drissle on top.
He finished the slice with a smile and held out his plate, "Oh, yes, please, it's delicious. Perfect for afternoon tea."

"Indeed and I would want to try to avoid that."
Philippa said she was understandably protective of her young ones.
He nodded, "Heavens know I'll have my own hands full with a terrified daughter... Fortunately, Anna will have good help in dealing with her fears from a similarly afflicted young lady in Boston... The two will be good for one another."

"If I had cared about position and standing I would have stayed the senior Prelatus of a powerful Labyrinth."
Ir said gruffly.
"I want to protect Avatars so if you need help with that I want to help regardless of what I might earn from it."
The archmage declared.
"Before she Fell I did not know my Avatar was anything but a Faunt, a Gift but afterwards I realized she was meant to be a protector and healer for other souls I am trying to fulfill her purpose now, it is only right after I took her with me when I Fell."
The old Hermetic said sadly.
He smiled wryly, "That's fair enough - allaying some of the lingering concerns about your allegiance would still be a benefit, even if you have no intention to play the political game."
He pondered, "That said, there might be a fairly... radical new therapy for poisoned Avatars you might wish to learn. I would have to check with Master Telar about how things are going with the young patient who came in this week - bad case of vampire blood addiction, I hope he makes it... I'll make sure you get the information on the therapy."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next