Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 15 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 19, 2018 6:53 pm

Adley said to Cecelia, "Indeed, there is more that we should discuss as well." He didn't like leaving her, not with Colin's warning hanging like some sword of Damocles over her head, though it was not that he didn't trust Mundi. The dog spirit would no doubt do his best but the door was a tempting thing, and it was right there but if he was going to help her daughter she had to stay put.

"There is Sir."
Cecilia said and she nodded to you.
"I am not going to try to run."
She assured you. Darrian glanced at your direction.
"Mundi will keep her here and even if she try to run he will get her back without a mark on her body other than perhaps a bruise on her behind when he knocks her over and drag her back by her clothes, he will not harm her Sodalis I asure you."
The alchemist promised.

"I will need that information that you were reticent to tell me earlier," he reminded her. He glanced at Darrian, a bit worried at leaving her

"I will give you that information Sir if you are sure it will not get to the Nephandi, I do not want my child involved with them."
Cecilia said and looked up at you.

and added, "Well, if our sodalis are here for a moment or two then I can try to hurry back as well, that should be enough time...not that I don't trust him, of course I do." Mundi had after all been nothing but the portrait of a "good dog" him and helped them all quite a bit. He'd become fond of him, really. "When things settle down I might want a quick word with you as well, sir," he said.

Darrian nodded at that.
"I am just going to retrive the cuffs and I will be right back, our allies will be hungry when they return and someone have to cook dinner while everything else is sorted out, it might as well be me."
He said and shrugged.
"I think having a meal together as a Chantry would do us good. Let me know when you want to talk with me."
Theodora glanced in your direction.
"Me and Francis are staying here until we get word from Westchapel Sodalis we can keep and eye on Cecilia as well if you want."
The Tytalus offered.

He gave a rather exhausted but relieved smile back - he was in one piece and not speaking oddly, he couldn't see any paradox spirits - and then came into the room, the flights of stairs caused him to be a bit out of breath again but he shut the door behind him. He took out the tablet to write. As he wrote his update report, he said out loud, I'm glad to see you're ok too, did it go ok?" He handed the tablet to him when he was done:

"It went as well as it could go, there was some Paradox but not to much I think I will ask someone to have a look when everyone is safe and the wounded are seen to, just to be sure."
Narim said then he sigh.
"But Miss Larson, she is at the hospital on life support, I spoke with Dr Lee, he do not know if she will make it or not...I take it her brother the Caul is...not a threat anymore then?"
He said sadly.
"But what about you are you injured Adley, sit down, I am sure Mr Smithson will not mind if I borrow something from his fridge would you like something to drink?"
Narim said clearly concerned.

'Our team with Master Haagan have returned but part of our team split, Nicole, Violet and Thorn, to take that Technocrat out and drop him off outside. They were using the portal and I don't know about the rest of the teams. They need to be evacuating that ship is leaving for the deep umbra. There are a few issues though. One captured prisoner, Cecelia Springfield, surrendered to us and has been cooperative in aided our taking of the labyrinth. She was a pawn but also an infernalist hedge wizard that was experimented on by Jace. The Chief said that if she should surrender and show us through the traps, which she did, and she was proved to not be awakened, then he would see if she could be allowed to live. We accidentally transported her to the infirmary which freaked her out, since it's like his lab and she can't go downstairs, because Jace and the others from the labyrinth are there. So she's in the common room, on the serum and bound with duct tape until we get cuffs and Mundi watching her but she will need a proper guard and holding space. She also has a daughter who is awakened and not Fallen hiding with relatives. The woman made her first investment to save her daughter from an illness but the others may pose some risk despite the serum we just don't know if it will block that for sure.'

Narim read what you and written and frowned.
"I heard from your Mentor, they have left the Battle Cruiser and are heading towards us through the Umbra they should be here soon. As for Miss Bouchard and the two Verbena you mention I have not heard from them yet nor have I heard from Mr Karyak who left with some werewolf allies of his. I do not know either if the serum works on Investments, however Mr Wainwright will be on his way to Chicago and I know Chantry Morningstar have an Invested infernalist living there he might be talked into trying if his powers work while on the serum, you know your Cabalmate are good at talking pepole into doing things. In the meantime what if we leave the hedge wizard in the common room for now and then she can be locked into the room your brother is in, once we have shipped the prisoners off the Horizon, the room is small but she should be comfortable enough."
Narim said and he handed the tablet back to you.
"But handeling prisoners really are Jeffry's job not mine."
He said then he grinned a little.
"I am just the transportation."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 15 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 19, 2018 7:18 pm

"Very well that might be useful Mr Yager."
Darrian said and nodded.
"I can scan them and carry them up if you tell me where to go."
Theodora offered. Darrian nodded at that.
"Very well, then if you all excuse me I have some errands to do."
The alchemist said he inclined his head to you and the rest of the room and gave Mundi a final pat and headed of.

"That'd be sweet." Serge said with a smile. "The infirmary's just upstairs in the attic. I can lead you their once your done."

(OOC: No problem Anja.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 19, 2018 7:25 pm

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"I thought the point was that you needed to get back to work in the infirmary so you wanted to get there now and did not want to wait for the fish to be checked out."
Theodora said.
"For I can cast the spell to check them right now and you can just bring the bowl up yourself if you have the time to wait."
She said and stood, she streatched a little and walked over to the table the fish bowl was placed own.
"Aww these little guys are actually really cute."
The Tytalus commented and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 19, 2018 7:36 pm

"I thought the point was that you needed to get back to work in the infirmary so you wanted to get there now and did not want to wait for the fish to be checked out."
Theodora said.
"For I can cast the spell to check them right now and you can just bring the bowl up yourself if you have the time to wait."
She said and stood, she streatched a little and walked over to the table the fish bowl was placed own.
"Aww these little guys are actually really cute."
The Tytalus commented and smiled.

"Sorry your right." Serge said nervously, realizing that he had spoken before thinking. "I guess if it's a quick spell their's no need for you to move. I'll take them up myself."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 19, 2018 8:24 pm

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"It should not take to long."
Theodora said and she begun moving her hands in several hand gestures and chanting in Latin, now and then she winced just slightly one of her hands seamed to be hurting her a bit. Her aura flared up with the flashing colors indicating magick use as she worked. After some time of the chanting and the hand gestures she stopped and nodded.
"They are goldfish, just plain and simple garden varaity goldfish some sort of working have been done on them to secure their health and vitality but other than that and the Resonance that will naturally be there from being around a mage, I feel nothing out of the ordinary about them, I would say they should be pretty safe to bring up."
The Tytalus declared.
"They where just some Nephandus' pets."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat May 19, 2018 9:00 pm

"It should not take to long."
Theodora said and she begun moving her hands in several hand gestures and chanting in Latin, now and then she winced just slightly one of her hands seamed to be hurting her a bit. Her aura flared up with the flashing colors indicating magick use as she worked. After some time of the chanting and the hand gestures she stopped and nodded.
"They are goldfish, just plain and simple garden varaity goldfish some sort of working have been done on them to secure their health and vitality but other than that and the Resonance that will naturally be there from being around a mage, I feel nothing out of the ordinary about them, I would say they should be pretty safe to bring up."
The Tytalus declared.
"They where just some Nephandus' pets."

As she cast the spell, Serge was just staring at Theodora admiring the flashing colors of her Aura as she was casting spell. It probably looked odd to anyone who didn't realize what Serge could see.

When she was done Serge said, "Thanks for the help. I guess I'll take them up for the guy who mentioned them. Hopefully these are his pets."

He gave a final wave of goodbye to all those still in the common room and then picked up the bowl of fish carefully. He then began to walk upstairs back to the make-shift infirmary hoping things hadn't gone too chaotic in the time he had left.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 19, 2018 9:13 pm

When she was done Serge said, "Thanks for the help. I guess I'll take them up for the guy who mentioned them. Hopefully these are his pets."

"No let us not hope these are his pets Serge, did I not just say these belonged to a Nephandus, one of our teams found them in one of the sleeping quarters of the Labyrinth, that is why we had to check them to make sure they where just pets and not familliars."
Theodora said and she gave you a rather even look clearly thinking you somewhat silly for not remembering back a few minutes and not paying attention.

He gave a final wave of goodbye to all those still in the common room and then picked up the bowl of fish carefully. He then began to walk upstairs back to the make-shift infirmary hoping things hadn't gone too chaotic in the time he had left.

Carrying the bowl of fish was somewhat heavy but you got up the stairs with them and eventually got to the attic. Dr Wong and Allison had gotten the new arrivals into beds and Dr Wong where tending to the woman with her spine exposed and from the look in his eyes he was not holding out much hope, one of the other recuees, a woman wherecurled up on her bed refusing Allison tending to her, crying, the others where just laying there stearing into nothing.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 19, 2018 10:18 pm

Anja's Post:

A slight wrinkle of the nose, but then shook her head. Looked at the prisoner for a moment, then went to the external door, to see if she could see anything outside.

[I can't remember if the windows were blown in or something]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat May 19, 2018 10:33 pm

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

The windows who had been blown out during the fight with the Nephandi guarding the portal in this autoshop, there was not much to see outside, just a street, a car passed by every once in a while and a group of kids ran past with a football at some point.
"Ok I reached my Deacons, well one of them, he said we have a go for our revised plan and he asks what will be needed to give the guy a fighting chance."
Thorn said, covering the microphone on his phone for a moment as he spoke with you.
"What should I tell him?"

(OOC: They where blown out but a fireball.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat May 19, 2018 10:41 pm

On returning to the rear of the shop to hear the update from Thorn, she gave a nod. 'Hold for a sec... need to see if Mr Shade even wants this.' tone and poise making it clear she didn't think he'd refuse, but needed to at least give all this the veneer of being his choice. With that went back to talk to him...

'Okay. Let me get this straight. You don't want us to return you to the Union?' she said quizzically, staring at him intently, trying to work out whether he was being truthful.

['Detecting Deception' roll?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat May 19, 2018 10:53 pm

[Chicago Umbral Port, 4PM]
Heather nodded and looked down.
"Good...I mean I feel compassion for him what he will go through is horrible to say the least but still...good riddence Sir."
The young Cultist muttered.
Colin nodded, "Horrible, but few have done so much to deserve it... The gas he made is but the least of his crimes, I'm afraid... You don't want to know the details."

"Yes it is, I wonder why she did what she did, made that plan that she did Sir."
Heather muttered.
"But yes there is a certain beauty in how she was stopped."
He frowned, "All Fallen, to one extent or another, want nonexistence... A select few troublemakers try to achieve that for everyone, regardless of what others may want."

Heather nodded at that.
"I have only met him a few times Sir but he seams rather nice really."
He nodded, "Haven't met him yet, myself, but I hope to do so before I go home... One of his kids was implicated in Larson's plot, and there was... something there I need to discuss with him and his wife."

"I hope all go well for her Sir, poor woman she must have been so scared."
The young Cultist whispered.
He nodded, "She was terrified... but she held on and fought like a warrior, even as I held her up... I've never been prouder of her courage."

"I talked with Avery's parents they had noticed some darkness in the boy, he was far to occupied with death and what he drew at school often got them called in to discuss the grotesqe imagery but he had never hurt anyone, they where far more concerned with the strange powers the boy seamed to posess, which now had stopped...yes the standard practice have to go."
Felicia said and she looked at her apprentice sadly.
"Well we should change the topic so he do not overhear us and get to upset."
She muttere as the elevator arived and opened.
He nodded, "Ah, of course, I'm sorry... Hm, my Cabalmate is... very much the same; there was an attempt to... well, that, just a few days ago, but she's recovering. She paints what could best be described as landscapes; perhaps those would be of interest, if she can be persuaded to show them to others?"
He gestured for the others to enter the elevator, and followed after them, calmly pressing the ground floor button.

((OOC: Schnookums and I just came home after Deadpool 2. Was fun. There was much ridiculing of Marvel and DC. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 20, 2018 4:39 am

"There is Sir." Cecilia said and she nodded to you. "I am not going to try to run." She assured you.
Darrian glanced at your direction. "Mundi will keep her here and even if she try to run he will get her back without a mark on her body other than perhaps a bruise on her behind when he knocks her over and drag her back by her clothes, he will not harm her Sodalis I asure you."

"Alright, good."

"I will give you that information Sir if you are sure it will not get to the Nephandi, I do not want my child involved with them." Cecilia said and looked up at you.

"Ma'am, I have no intention of giving such information to the Nephandi. But you did want us to help her, so if you do then I will need it at some point. You can tell it to the Chief of Security if you prefer."

"I am just going to retrive the cuffs and I will be right back, our allies will be hungry when they return and someone have to cook dinner while everything else is sorted out, it might as well be me." He said and shrugged. "I think having a meal together as a Chantry would do us good. Let me know when you want to talk with me."
Theodora glanced in your direction. "Me and Francis are staying here until we get word from Westchapel Sodalis we can keep and eye on Cecilia as well if you want."

He nodded to him. "Thank you sir, let me know when dinner is on," he added with a faint smile. "I'm not much of a cook or I'd offer to help." He said to Francis and Theodora, "Thank you."

"It went as well as it could go, there was some Paradox but not to much I think I will ask someone to have a look when everyone is safe and the wounded are seen to, just to be sure." Narim said then he sigh.

"That seems like a good idea. Probably a lot of us are going to be on a magick restricted diet for a while..."

"But Miss Larson, she is at the hospital on life support, I spoke with Dr Lee, he do not know if she will make it or not...I take it her brother the Caul is...not a threat anymore then?" He said sadly.

"I hope she will. I feel like I should have seen this coming, what with what she told me but I didn't really. Yes, the caul was destroyed...she did not want him to suffer anymore; now that at least has come to pass but I'm worried about her."

"But what about you are you injured Adley, sit down, I am sure Mr Smithson will not mind if I borrow something from his fridge would you like something to drink?"
Narim said clearly concerned.

"I got some water, thank you," he said, holding up the bottle. "If I sit down, I don't know if I will want to get up again," he admitted, looking around at the places to sit anyway since sitting down seemed like a nice thing to do. "I did get hurt before and it can't be healed magickally, it was enough to impact my performance but I took a potion to continue the fight...it's going to wear off sooner than later though."

"I heard from your Mentor, they have left the Battle Cruiser and are heading towards us through the Umbra they should be here soon. As for Miss Bouchard and the two Verbena you mention I have not heard from them yet nor have I heard from Mr Karyak who left with some werewolf allies of his. I do not know either if the serum works on Investments, however Mr Wainwright will be on his way to Chicago and I know Chantry Morningstar have an Invested infernalist living there he might be talked into trying if his powers work while on the serum, you know your Cabalmate are good at talking pepole into doing things. In the meantime what if we leave the hedge wizard in the common room for now and then she can be locked into the room your brother is in, once we have shipped the prisoners off the Horizon, the room is small but she should be comfortable enough." Narim said and he handed the tablet back to you. "But handeling prisoners really are Jeffry's job not mine." He said then he grinned a little. "I am just the transportation."

He began to scrape the tablet clean as he listened, carefully. "I suppose I can ask him but that stuff really sucks to take and it seems dangerous to use for longer than three days in a row," he said in response to the idea of asking the infernalist at Chicago to use the stuff. "She's being looked after so that's good, but when they come to take the rest out she might need to be moved so she can't see them." He shook his head a bit. "Yes, well, you are in charge while he's out and I needed confirmation of a good plan of action in the meanwhile. And you are not 'just' the transportation, you're way more than that. And even if that were your sole duty which it's not by a longshot, that's a hell of an important one. You've saved a lot of people's lives and given others a chance."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 20, 2018 5:32 am

"No let us not hope these are his pets Serge, did I not just say these belonged to a Nephandus, one of our teams found them in one of the sleeping quarters of the Labyrinth, that is why we had to check them to make sure they where just pets and not familliars."
Theodora said and she gave you a rather even look clearly thinking you somewhat silly for not remembering back a few minutes and not paying attention.

"Well they must mean something to him since he mentioned them before he lost conciousness. I dunno, maybe one of the Nephadus stole them from him and he wanted to see his long lost pets before passing out." Serge argued simply a little annoyed by the look he was receiving from her.

Carrying the bowl of fish was somewhat heavy but you got up the stairs with them and eventually got to the attic. Dr Wong and Allison had gotten the new arrivals into beds and Dr Wong where tending to the woman with her spine exposed and from the look in his eyes he was not holding out much hope, one of the other recuees, a woman where curled up on her bed refusing Allison tending to her, crying, the others where just laying there staring into nothing.

He placed the fish on the nearest available surface and then headed towards Allison and the women who was refusing treatment. After all he couldn't do much for the girl with the exposed spine and the one staring into nothingness didn't really need help right away.

"Hey hey hey. Easy now, easy now." Serge said in the same soft, easing voice he had used with Jen. "I know your scared but trust me. We're not here to hurt you. We want to help you."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 20, 2018 8:28 am

"Well they must mean something to him since he mentioned them before he lost conciousness. I dunno, maybe one of the Nephadus stole them from him and he wanted to see his long lost pets before passing out." Serge argued simply a little annoyed by the look he was receiving from her.

"I highly doubt the man was out walking his pet goldfish when he was captured kid, it is more likely this half catatonic man simply loves animals, perhaps he keeps fish himself and so he reacted when seeing something familliar than these two actually being his."
Theodora said flatly.

He placed the fish on the nearest available surface and then headed towards Allison and the women who was refusing treatment. After all he couldn't do much for the girl with the exposed spine and the one staring into nothingness didn't really need help right away.

"Hey hey hey. Easy now, easy now." Serge said in the same soft, easing voice he had used with Jen. "I know your scared but trust me. We're not here to hurt you. We want to help you."

"Get away from me! I do not want to be touched...get away!"
The scared woman yelled and she curled up more.
"Please just let me be."
She sobbed. Allison sigh.
"She would not let Dr Wong examine her nor me, I understand she is terrified but she is also hurt."

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"Alright, good."

Darrian just nodded at that.

"Ma'am, I have no intention of giving such information to the Nephandi. But you did want us to help her, so if you do then I will need it at some point. You can tell it to the Chief of Security if you prefer."

"Forgive me Sir I did not mean any disrespect, you have been nothing but kind to me, I am sorry I will give you the information it is just that I...the location of my daugther have been the one thing I have been able to keep through it all, I have lost everything else but I have managed to keep her safe, giving out that secret now is not easy."
Cecilia muttered softly.

He nodded to him. "Thank you sir, let me know when dinner is on," he added with a faint smile. "I'm not much of a cook or I'd offer to help." He said to Francis and Theodora, "Thank you."

"I find that I am pretty good at mixing ingredients together to get a desired result. I will let you know when it is ready."
The alchemist said and grinned. The two other Hermetics nodded.
"No problem Sodalis."
Theodora said.

"That seems like a good idea. Probably a lot of us are going to be on a magick restricted diet for a while..."

"Welll we have used allot of it this past week bleeding of some Paradox and giving our overwoeked Avatars a break is probably a good idea."
Narim said with a little smile.

"I hope she will. I feel like I should have seen this coming, what with what she told me but I didn't really. Yes, the caul was destroyed...she did not want him to suffer anymore; now that at least has come to pass but I'm worried about her."

"There was always a chance of this happening with them being twin souls Adley, but thare was little anyone could have done to prevent it, let us just hope she pulls through, after all Miss Larson wanted her brother's suffering to end she was willing to risk her life for it."
Narim said softly and nodded.

"I got some water, thank you," he said, holding up the bottle. "If I sit down, I don't know if I will want to get up again," he admitted, looking around at the places to sit anyway since sitting down seemed like a nice thing to do. "I did get hurt before and it can't be healed magickally, it was enough to impact my performance but I took a potion to continue the fight...it's going to wear off sooner than later though."

Narim gave you a worried look.
"I know about being so tired that if one sit down, one will not get up again."
He muttered.
"But do you have so much more to be done before you can rest, you have to rest eventually you know."
He said then he sigh again.
"At least let me get you some cold water or is that one fresh from the kitchen?"
Narim asked then he looked at you.
"Ehm...ehm...may I at least hug you I...was so worried about you."
He asked and he blushed a little as he looked at you.

He began to scrape the tablet clean as he listened, carefully. "I suppose I can ask him but that stuff really sucks to take and it seems dangerous to use for longer than three days in a row," he said in response to the idea of asking the infernalist at Chicago to use the stuff. "She's being looked after so that's good, but when they come to take the rest out she might need to be moved so she can't see them."

"What about my room? My office needs cleaning up but my room should be fine, there is a vampire in the bathroom already so the hedge wizard you mention can stay in my apartment if she do not mind allot of movie posters on the walls."
Narim said and smiled a little.
"The reason I am using Mr Smithson's room is that it was closer and when I was first set up moving was not a good idea since I needed to be on call in case anyone needed to be teleported out. I could activate a quick program on my room so she can not leave it and she can move around freely in there."
The Virtual Adept Master offered.
"As for the serum no it is not a good long term solution but knowing if it restrict Investments as well would perhaps be useful, not that I would want anyone to suffer."

He shook his head a bit. "Yes, well, you are in charge while he's out and I needed confirmation of a good plan of action in the meanwhile. And you are not 'just' the transportation, you're way more than that. And even if that were your sole duty which it's not by a longshot, that's a hell of an important one. You've saved a lot of people's lives and given others a chance."

Narim gave you a little smile again and blushed and looked down.
"Thank you."
He said.
"Well I guess I am in charge until the others return and that is sort of terrifying but if you need a solution for the hedge wizard I would say keep her in the common room for now and when we move the pironers take her to my room, unless you think she needs a rest then you can take her there right away I do have a comfortable sofa."
Narim said then he smiled a little proudly.
"I guess that is...what I like most about the powers I have, I can save pepole, get them away from anger like my mother did for me, for her final spell before...the Technocrazy killed her, I want to make her proud."
He whispered.

[Colin] (Chicago Umbra Port at 4 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, "Horrible, but few have done so much to deserve it... The gas he made is but the least of his crimes, I'm afraid... You don't want to know the details."

"No Sir I guess I do not want the details no."
Heather said.
"This Jace person do not sound like a nice man, at least he will be gone soon."

He frowned, "All Fallen, to one extent or another, want nonexistence... A select few troublemakers try to achieve that for everyone, regardless of what others may want."

"I guess that is why we are at war with them Sir."
Heather said and sigh.
"Still trying to enslave an Oracle seam a pretty extreme plan."

He nodded, "Haven't met him yet, myself, but I hope to do so before I go home... One of his kids was implicated in Larson's plot, and there was... something there I need to discuss with him and his wife."

Heather nodded at that.
"He spends most of his time at Morningstar Sir or out into the Umbra or so I am told, I am sure he would grant you a audience if you ask for it."

He nodded, "She was terrified... but she held on and fought like a warrior, even as I held her up... I've never been prouder of her courage."

"Y...you saw what they tried to do to her Sir? Oh dear..."
Heather exclaimed.
"Your Cabalmate sounds like a though cookie though. I hope she will be able to get over what allmost happened and thrive is there anything I can do to help Sir?"

He nodded, "Ah, of course, I'm sorry... Hm, my Cabalmate is... very much the same; there was an attempt to... well, that, just a few days ago, but she's recovering. She paints what could best be described as landscapes; perhaps those would be of interest, if she can be persuaded to show them to others?"

"I am sorry to hear about your Cabalmate Mr Wainwright, I hope she will recover."
Felicia said and Avery turned slightly and said softly.
"It is...ok you can ask questions about it Sir it is not easy to talk about but...it is better than just to look of pity most give me."
The boy wiped a few tears from his eyes and looked down.
"I am sure your Cabalmate's art is beautiful but there is little point in me seeing it, there is nothing inside me anymore that would appriciate it...I am just...hollow nothing more."
He said in a soft whisper and stepped into the elevator. Facilia gave the boy a concerned look and went in after him.
"Avery..."
She muttere but there where not really allot she could say.

He gestured for the others to enter the elevator, and followed after them, calmly pressing the ground floor button.

Felicia quickly grabbed your wrist to stop you pressing the button.
"Forgive me Mr Wainwright but remember there is a code of floors to go to in order to get back to physical reality safely, we do not want to get lost in here."
The Mercere warned.
"Should I handle the elevator controls?"

On returning to the rear of the shop to hear the update from Thorn, she gave a nod. 'Hold for a sec... need to see if Mr Shade even wants this.' tone and poise making it clear she didn't think he'd refuse, but needed to at least give all this the veneer of being his choice. With that went back to talk to him...

Thorn nodded to this and said into the phone.
"Please hold on a moment Sir while we talk wth the prisoner...ok thank you, while I have you on the line, Ravenblood Dawn died during one of the fights...thank you Sir...I have her young student with me can I bring her to Westchapel for now...yes there are other Verbena at Riverside but none of them are of Adept rank...yes I am thinking about it Sir...ok thank you..."
The Verbena said clearly having his own conversation with his superior while waiting.

'Okay. Let me get this straight. You don't want us to return you to the Union?' she said quizzically, staring at him intently, trying to work out whether he was being truthful.

The terrified Technocrat shook his head.
"No I don't I have a duty to return and I miss my friends in my Amalgam...that is our version of what...do you call it? A Cabal I think and I miss my Mentor but I do not want to be cut open and then have my mind messed with and conditioned for having but to close to a Nephandus...for having been done this...to!"
He said bitterly and it was pretty clear he was not lying he was terrified of going home to his Union allies and facing what they would do to him to make sure he had not slid into Deviancy.
"There is nowhere left for me to go Ma'am..."
He muttered sadly and looked up at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun May 20, 2018 9:11 am

"I highly doubt the man was out walking his pet goldfish when he was captured kid, it is more likely this half catatonic man simply loves animals, perhaps he keeps fish himself and so he reacted when seeing something familliar than these two actually being his."
Theodora said flatly.

Serge just shrugged his shoulder and simply said, "Yeah that works too.". Their was somewhere else he needed to be and he didn't feel particularly interested in further discussing problems caused by his own attention span issues and poor word choice.

"Get away from me! I do not want to be touched...get away!"
The scared woman yelled and she curled up more.
"Please just let me be."
She sobbed. Allison sigh.
"She would not let Dr Wong examine her nor me, I understand she is terrified but she is also hurt."

Serge nodded showing he understood Allison. He looked at the curled up women and said gentle empathetic voice, "I understand that your scared. If we could leave you alone to rest we would but your still injured. We'd like to help you. If you let us heal your wounds we'll leave you alone, I promise."

(OOC: Would the above be enough to qualify for a Manipulation + Empathy roll?)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 20, 2018 9:39 am

Serge just shrugged his shoulder and simply said, "Yeah that works too.". Their was somewhere else he needed to be and he didn't feel particularly interested in further discussing problems caused by his own attention span issues and poor word choice.

Theodora sigh and just nodded.
"I will see you later Serge."
She muttered.

Serge nodded showing he understood Allison. He looked at the curled up women and said gentle empathetic voice, "I understand that your scared. If we could leave you alone to rest we would but your still injured. We'd like to help you. If you let us heal your wounds we'll leave you alone, I promise."

"I don't want to be touched...please just leave me be."
The crying woman sobbed.
"I want to go home."

(OOC: Yeah sure roll away.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole looked thoughtful for a moment before replying. 'Well, if you don't want to go back, and it's not like we can take you in... well, is there another option?' ending with a quizzical look.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Nicole looked thoughtful for a moment before replying. 'Well, if you don't want to go back, and it's not like we can take you in... well, is there another option?' ending with a quizzical look.

"I guess I can try to run, it is not like I will get very far probably but I know someone who might be willing to help me."
The Technocrat said and sigh.
"You would not force me to go back?"
He asked softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 20, 2018 2:32 pm

'Why would I force you to go back? That would be helping the Union. If I wanted to do that, I would have joined them.' Nicole replied, a mixture of amusement and derision in her voice.

'Hmm... just let you go. Now, there's a thought.' doing her best to hide the inner grin for him picking the card she'd wanted him to, putting a face that she was considering it. 'Hmm... that might just work, y'know.' looking back at the Mirrorshade. 'Yeah... I might just be able to swing that. What's your clothes size?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 20, 2018 3:17 pm

'Why would I force you to go back? That would be helping the Union. If I wanted to do that, I would have joined them.' Nicole replied, a mixture of amusement and derision in her voice.

"I...don't know...I do not even know why you are keeping me alive, I would have thought it would be easier to just shoot me dead, though I am grateful you have not done that."
The Technocrat muttered.

'Hmm... just let you go. Now, there's a thought.' doing her best to hide the inner grin for him picking the card she'd wanted him to, putting a face that she was considering it. 'Hmm... that might just work, y'know.' looking back at the Mirrorshade. 'Yeah... I might just be able to swing that. What's your clothes size?'

"Really? You would just let me go?"
The man said and he seamed to perk up a little at that and he gave you a hopefully look.
"I ehm my clothing size I do not understand Miss?...Ehm medium usually when I buy clothes I get men sizes medium."
He replied and he seamed a little confused by your question, he was so scared his tought processes did go slower.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun May 20, 2018 3:24 pm

'Well... it all depends what the Boss has to say on this.' Nicole replied, tone hopefully that of "I'll have to sell it to them". 'But worth a try.'. With that, she goes back to Thorn in the other room.

'He's bought it. Now for the shopping order.' she'll say with a grin. 'May be easier if I just tell the one on the phone than going through you.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 20, 2018 3:35 pm

'Well... it all depends what the Boss has to say on this.' Nicole replied, tone hopefully that of "I'll have to sell it to them". 'But worth a try.'. With that, she goes back to Thorn in the other room.

"Thank you I...will not forget this."
The Technocrat said and he seamed nervous but now a little more hopefull.
"If I am allowed to leave that is."
He added.

'He's bought it. Now for the shopping order.' she'll say with a grin.

"Good...good, yes then all we need is the items needed to give the guy a chance and perhaps we will replay our kindness further down the line by betraying his current buddies."
Thorn said and smiled.

'May be easier if I just tell the one on the phone than going through you.'

"Very well, one moment then."
Thorn said then he spoke into the phone.
"Sir Miss Bouchard say it might be quicker if she just talks to you herself...ok here she is Sir."
The Verbena said then he handed you the phone, a warm but authorative male voice could be heard on the other end.
"Hello my name is Dr Cale Vincet Haderman bani Sons of Ether whom am I adressing?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun May 20, 2018 5:25 pm

[Chicago Umbral Port, 4PM]
"I guess that is why we are at war with them Sir."
Heather said and sigh.
"Still trying to enslave an Oracle seam a pretty extreme plan."
Colin nodded, "Yes, that's what he thought, too..."

Heather nodded at that.
"He spends most of his time at Morningstar Sir or out into the Umbra or so I am told, I am sure he would grant you a audience if you ask for it."
He nodded, "I would most certainly hope for our first meeting to be scheduled. I would hate to catch him by surprise. Might spook the poor man."

"Y...you saw what they tried to do to her Sir? Oh dear..."
Heather exclaimed.
"Your Cabalmate sounds like a though cookie though. I hope she will be able to get over what allmost happened and thrive is there anything I can do to help Sir?"
He nodded, "I not only saw, I physically held her up... She's tough, and she'll recover. I don't know if there's anything specific you could do to help, but I think she'd like all the friends she can have."

"I am sorry to hear about your Cabalmate Mr Wainwright, I hope she will recover."
Felicia said and Avery turned slightly and said softly.
"It is...ok you can ask questions about it Sir it is not easy to talk about but...it is better than just to look of pity most give me."
The boy wiped a few tears from his eyes and looked down.
"I am sure your Cabalmate's art is beautiful but there is little point in me seeing it, there is nothing inside me anymore that would appriciate it...I am just...hollow nothing more."
He said in a soft whisper and stepped into the elevator. Facilia gave the boy a concerned look and went in after him.
"Avery..."
She muttere but there where not really allot she could say.
He bowed down a little, looking straight at Avery, "Believe me, son, I know exactly what that feels like... At least it's a little better when children ask what happened to me, than when their parents shush them and pull them back as though my injury was infectious..."
He sighed, "I don't know if you'll ever feel the joy of wielding magic again... but I do know it is possible, if extremely rare and difficult. I wish you the best of luck and strength on your way... and I'll spare the pity for those who have given up already, hmm?"

Felicia quickly grabbed your wrist to stop you pressing the button.
"Forgive me Mr Wainwright but remember there is a code of floors to go to in order to get back to physical reality safely, we do not want to get lost in here."
The Mercere warned.
"Should I handle the elevator controls?"
He froze, shaking his head, "Bugger, sorry, you're right... Miss Kelly showed me the code earlier this morning, but it seems a small refresher is in order. Completely slipped my mind that going back requires the code, too... Please, do take the lead."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun May 20, 2018 5:50 pm

"Forgive me Sir I did not mean any disrespect, you have been nothing but kind to me, I am sorry I will give you the information it is just that I...the location of my daugther have been the one thing I have been able to keep through it all, I have lost everything else but I have managed to keep her safe, giving out that secret now is not easy."Cecilia muttered softly.

"I am not offended. If you wish to tell the Chief, my pater then that is understandable."

"I find that I am pretty good at mixing ingredients together to get a desired result. I will let you know when it is ready." The alchemist said and grinned. The two other Hermetics nodded.

He gave him a wry look. "I suppose that means I'm prone to burning my toast."

"There was always a chance of this happening with them being twin souls Adley, but thare was little anyone could have done to prevent it, let us just hope she pulls through, after all Miss Larson wanted her brother's suffering to end she was willing to risk her life for it." Narim said softly and nodded.

"That's true," he said with a frown. He sighed. "It's almost impossible to think...I'll be back teaching. She was my student. And there was another student, not mine but I recognized them, they were Fallen and...now they're dead. My coworker turned out to be a vampire..."

Narim gave you a worried look. "I know about being so tired that if one sit down, one will not get up again." He muttered. "But do you have so much more to be done before you can rest, you have to rest eventually you know." He said then he sigh again.

"I don't know what my next orders are, do they need help guarding downstairs? And yeah, I know...and it won't be long now that we're back and the adrenaline wears off."

"At least let me get you some cold water or is that one fresh from the kitchen?" Narim asked then he looked at you. "Ehm...ehm...may I at least hug you I...was so worried about you." He asked and he blushed a little as he looked at you.

He smiled a bit, then looked down to see if he was splattered in anything disgusting. There was a good likelihood of it. "Sure, just let me write you a quick note first. Then I'll take my coat off, you don't want to hug me covered in...well, let's not detail it."

"What about my room? My office needs cleaning up but my room should be fine, there is a vampire in the bathroom already so the hedge wizard you mention can stay in my apartment if she do not mind allot of movie posters on the walls." Narim said and smiled a little. "The reason I am using Mr Smithson's room is that it was closer and when I was first set up moving was not a good idea since I needed to be on call in case anyone needed to be teleported out. I could activate a quick program on my room so she can not leave it and she can move around freely in there." The Virtual Adept Master offered. "As for the serum no it is not a good long term solution but knowing if it restrict Investments as well would perhaps be useful, not that I would want anyone to suffer."

He raised an eyebrow at Narim. "The vampire is in /your/ bathroom? Yes, I remember about why you've set up in Ty's room. Look, you can use my room, I don't want you near that vampire. We're not sure what's going on with her yet but she's traumatized and probably hungry and in a lot of pain, being staked the way she was," he offered. "I suppose when they come to take them away, someone can escort the hedge wizard into the hall bathroom for a little while. That should be enough time, don't you think? Saves you a teleport, too. Then when there's some room she could go downstairs..."

Thank you." He said. "Well I guess I am in charge until the others return and that is sort of terrifying but if you need a solution for the hedge wizard I would say keep her in the common room for now and when we move the pironers take her to my room, unless you think she needs a rest then you can take her there right away I do have a comfortable sofa." Narim said then he smiled a little proudly. "I guess that is...what I like most about the powers I have, I can save pepole, get them away from anger like my mother did for me, for her final spell before...the Technocrazy killed her, I want to make her proud."

"She probably does need a rest, but there are couches out there too and I put her on a recliner for now. Your couch is more tempting to me right now," he said, then shucked off his coat and hung it on the chair with his bag. "And I just remembered I have to do something before I pass out...got something to burn up...but yeah, you're a good person Narim, you've helped lots of people including me. I think you said something about a hug..." he said, with a tired smile.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun May 20, 2018 6:13 pm

[Colin] (Chicago Umbra Port at 4 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, "Yes, that's what he thought, too..."

"The Aswadim Sir? Yes...I imagine he would."
Heather said and smiled.

He nodded, "I would most certainly hope for our first meeting to be scheduled. I would hate to catch him by surprise. Might spook the poor man."

"Spook him, I do not understand Sir."
The young Cultist said she seamed rather confused.

He nodded, "I not only saw, I physically held her up... She's tough, and she'll recover. I don't know if there's anything specific you could do to help, but I think she'd like all the friends she can have."

"That must have been horrible to witness Sir...I do not know what I can do to help your Cabalmate but I can send her a get well card perhaps, but it seams so...inadequate compared to her situation."
Heather muttered.

He bowed down a little, looking straight at Avery, "Believe me, son, I know exactly what that feels like... At least it's a little better when children ask what happened to me, than when their parents shush them and pull them back as though my injury was infectious..."

Avery looked at you sadly for a moment then he nodded and gave you a bitter smile.
"Yeah that is exactly how it is Sir, I see the pity in their eyes, but none of them ask, they just avoid me as if I am some unclean thing, that or even worse they are overfly friendly but I can tell it is all fake you know."
The young Mercere muttered.
"And that sucks, nothing makes me more aware that something is wrong with me that that."

He sighed, "I don't know if you'll ever feel the joy of wielding magic again... but I do know it is possible, if extremely rare and difficult. I wish you the best of luck and strength on your way... and I'll spare the pity for those who have given up already, hmm?"

Avery smiled just a little and nodded.
"It have to be possible, it would be to cruel if it was not and I have to be alive for when someone manage to put my Avatar back together again or make me a new one...it have to be possible it is the only hope that I have."
He said then he nodded and looked determined.
"Yeah...do that I have not given up Sir...not yet. One day i will use magick again...I will and until then...I have talismans."
Avery said and Felicia smiled a little to the boy but she said nothing.

He froze, shaking his head, "Bugger, sorry, you're right... Miss Kelly showed me the code earlier this morning, but it seems a small refresher is in order. Completely slipped my mind that going back requires the code, too... Please, do take the lead."

"You go through the sequence again, until you get to the fifth floor, then you will be taken back up to the tenth and then you can go down to the first, at least going down we do not have to deal with the Fifth Floor Woman, that you do on the way up."
Felicia said as she begun pressing the buttons. Finally after the sequence was done the elevator finally got back down to the first floor, Felicia looked out the door to check that all was in order then she said.
"Ok...now we can leave."

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

"I am not offended. If you wish to tell the Chief, my pater then that is understandable."

"That is ok Sir but I do not want to talk here where there are so many others."
Cecilia said a bit nervously.

He gave him a wry look. "I suppose that means I'm prone to burning my toast."

"Or get it absolutely perfect, the forces you wield are after all supposed to obey you not the other way around Sodalis."
Darrian said sounding amused.

"That's true," he said with a frown. He sighed. "It's almost impossible to think...I'll be back teaching. She was my student. And there was another student, not mine but I recognized them, they were Fallen and...now they're dead. My coworker turned out to be a vampire..."

"I understand that must be though, but Boston university is a large place did you think yourself, Mr Von Hess and Miss Olson where the only Awakened there?"
Narim said then he sigh.
"That sounded cold I am so sorry off course it will be hard for you to go back with what have happened to Miss Larson and Mr Lenoe, at least he might be back to work eventually when things settle down and it will be safe for him to be released."

"I don't know what my next orders are, do they need help guarding downstairs? And yeah, I know...and it won't be long now that we're back and the adrenaline wears off."

"They are stretched pretty thin downstairs yes, we have had to drug all the prisoners to make is possible for so few to guard them, not humane but there where no other choice."
Narim said and frowned.
"But I am concerned about you Adley you look rather pale if you do not mind me saying."

He smiled a bit, then looked down to see if he was splattered in anything disgusting. There was a good likelihood of it. "Sure, just let me write you a quick note first. Then I'll take my coat off, you don't want to hug me covered in...well, let's not detail it."

There where some Nephandi guts and blood, dust, slime of the walls blood from wounded friends, you pretty much looked a mess.
"Very well I will wait though I would hug you no matter how much you might need a bath I am just glad you are back safe."
Narim said and he smiled a little.

He raised an eyebrow at Narim. "The vampire is in /your/ bathroom? Yes, I remember about why you've set up in Ty's room. Look, you can use my room, I don't want you near that vampire. We're not sure what's going on with her yet but she's traumatized and probably hungry and in a lot of pain, being staked the way she was," he offered.

"Thank you I suposse that would be more practical, as it is now my bathroom I have made safe from sunlight but until it is evening the door can not be opened so I would have to teleport in, and I would not want to relieve myself where someone could see me anyway."
Narim said thinking of the practical reason to accept your offer.
"She is in allot of pain, I have not released her yet, Jeffry would not like that and we do not know who she is, I have made sure she is as comportable as possible though, given her a pillow and a blanket and put on the heating in the floor tiles as far as they can go, she seamed so cold, in her present state though she is not dangerous but if you wish I will not go near her again until your Mentor have talked with her and figured out if we can let her go or...well if she have to be dealt with."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

"I suppose when they come to take them away, someone can escort the hedge wizard into the hall bathroom for a little while. That should be enough time, don't you think? Saves you a teleport, too. Then when there's some room she could go downstairs..."

"Teleporting inside the Chantry is not so much of a problem but yes you are right your solution is the most simple one. Your Mentor will have to discuss with you the time for the prisoner transport though, I am sorry he told me not to discuss it with anyone for any reason."
Narim said sounding a bit apologetic.

"She probably does need a rest, but there are couches out there too and I put her on a recliner for now. Your couch is more tempting to me right now," he said, then shucked off his coat and hung it on the chair with his bag.

"Well you are welcome to it at any point in time, but if we decided to use your room I guess it is me who get to test out your sofa if I where going to stay there until the vampire woman can be moved safely."
Narim said and smiled a little.
"I guess the hedge wizard is safely enough placed for now then and we can get her somewhere more permanent to stay later."

"And I just remembered I have to do something before I pass out...got something to burn up...but yeah, you're a good person Narim, you've helped lots of people including me. I think you said something about a hug..." he said, with a tired smile.

"You usually do have something to burn Adley I guess you do live up to your House."
Narim said then he carefully put his arms around you, he was a little bit shorter than you and a bit softer, not spending quite a bit of time regularly sparring as your Mentor expected you to do. Narim said nothing he just held you, letting you talk if you wanted to or not depending on what you needed, he just held you glad to have you back in one piece.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 23 ... 31  Next