Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 29 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:55 pm

Anja's Post:

'Either of you want to make a guess on what this is? Whoever says the fucking obvious gets a round in the leg.' Nicole said curiously, holding the watch up so both can see.

Anja's Post:

Series of taps; sends the photo of Mr Shade, waits for it to be accepted...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 29 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:50 pm

[Colin] (Morningstar 5:30 in the afternoon)

Colin shrugged, "I think they're probably gourmands more than gourmets... They're happy so long as there is enough food, and preferably a bit more than merely enough. I have an owl visiting, though; we might ask his father what he thinks."

"But animals have some food they like more than others right?"
Anna asked then she smiled.
"Owls are adorable, but how will we ask his father is not his father an owl as well?"

He smiled thinly, "I don't stand a chance... but I know just the Quaseitor who can - and who would, regardless of political impact."

"It seams you are destined to become well aquinted with Master Tolle."
Ir said and frowned.
"But yes he would run the case to it's conclusion regardless of political impact indeed."

He nodded, "Lady Dalisse and I devised a system. If I need to send a package to her, I include a specific recording she knows by heart, so she can find the package. if I need to find her, I use an association with a book series we both favour."

"That is a system that should work, well then my aid is not needed, I would still like it if you included a note with my well wishes though Mr Wainwright."
Ir said and smiled.

He nodded, "It is quite vile... but in fairness, I am not convinced it actually harms Avatars, just... sets them aside for a while. Obviously, the shock and emptiness would be quite traumatic to the Mage in question, but I don't necessarily think there would be any direct damage beyond that... Of course, an unconscious, powerless Mage in a combat situation is chanceless..."

"Avatars do not favor being seperated from their hosts so they can become quite traumatized though I doubt there is much harm beyong that from what you describe Mr Wainwright."
Ir said and frowned.
"It is still quite a terrible thing, so no that is not what I plan to make."
Philippa said and wrinkeled her nose in disgust at such a weapon.

He finished the slice with a smile and held out his plate, "Oh, yes, please, it's delicious. Perfect for afternoon tea."

"I am glad you like it Mr Wainwright I have had a recepie for quite some time."
Philippa said and she smiled warmly as she put another slice on your plate and then gave another to each of her kids as well.

He nodded, "Heavens know I'll have my own hands full with a terrified daughter... Fortunately, Anna will have good help in dealing with her fears from a similarly afflicted young lady in Boston... The two will be good for one another."

"A fear shared can often lessen."
Philippa said before she sipped her tea again.
"But yes it is horrible when one's children are afraid and one feel powerless to help them."
She muttered and sigh.
"I hope the little girl will recover well though."

He smiled wryly, "That's fair enough - allaying some of the lingering concerns about your allegiance would still be a benefit, even if you have no intention to play the political game."

"That is true enough I guess."
Ir grunted.

He pondered, "That said, there might be a fairly... radical new therapy for poisoned Avatars you might wish to learn. I would have to check with Master Telar about how things are going with the young patient who came in this week - bad case of vampire blood addiction, I hope he makes it... I'll make sure you get the information on the therapy."

The old archmage gave a rare smile and nodded.
"Ah I would very much lik that Mr Wainwright, vampire blood posioning can be quite serious and are usually hard to heal. I hope the patient you mention will recover, I will look forward to hearing more about that."
He said and nodded.

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 4 in the afternoon.)

'Either of you want to make a guess on what this is? Whoever says the fucking obvious gets a round in the leg.' Nicole said curiously, holding the watch up so both can see.

"It is never wise to shoot the healers Miss."
Thorn said as he regarded the watch and made a new cut into the palm of his hand.
"Well it is not magickal, and the Resonance is full of old regret and stagnation...I suspect it is a gift from someone who are no longer with us, perhaps a parent or a grandparent and that one of the Nephandi have been sentimental about it. The watch is beautiful though, if restored to it's former glory it would be a magnificent piece."

Series of taps; sends the photo of Mr Shade, waits for it to be accepted...

You quickly got a reply back.
"Thank you Scientist, the papers are being prepared, is there anything to add to the list of needed items? If not I will send someone to you will th supplies shortly."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:06 pm

Anja's Post:

'If I limited myself to only doing things which were "wise", I'd not be standing here right now, me.' Nicole retorted with a little smile. 'Hmm... regret and stagnation... sounds like my hometown. Either of you like it?'

Anja's Post:

'A small first-aid kit. Money no longer needed. Do you know our location?' Nicole messaged back.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:31 pm

'If I limited myself to only doing things which were "wise", I'd not be standing here right now, me.' Nicole retorted with a little smile

"Well in that case I hope you refrain from shooting the healers."
Thorn said and grinned a little.

'Hmm... regret and stagnation... sounds like my hometown. Either of you like it?'

"I can take it unless you want it Miss, I would love to have ti cleaned up and used it...and yes I can imagine quite a few hometowns that would be a fitting description of."
The Verbena Adept said as he regarded the silver pocket watch.

A small first-aid kit. Money no longer needed. Do you know our location?' Nicole messaged back.

You got a reply back.
"I know your location, understood about the money, I will send a small first aid kit with the supplies."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:06 pm

Several of your sets of clothing had been destroyed over the last few days and your drawers where starting to get rather empty soon you would need to pick up more clothes if you kept destroying them in this speed. You got your old clothes into a bag and got on fresh ones.

And not just his clothing either, but other people had loaned him some. Shoes as well, and if this kept up he'd be down to beach sandals or his teaching attire or some unfathomable combination thereof. But they'd saved the world, which meant they'd saved the clothing shops, so even if it ate into his wallet it was a small loss to him save for the current inconvenience.

Paul looked nervous when Adley waved to him...

Whether or not he noted that he spooked the man, he looked away and found Allison White and Dr Wong, whichever seemed to be doing something less complicated. "May I ask you a question? Mr Wainwright said that a woman was emergency teleported in earlier today, ahead of my group I believe, and that I should check on them as she had been injured..."

// re: regret and stagnation sounds like my hometown. LOL! Can confirm

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:26 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

Whether or not he noted that he spooked the man, he looked away and found Allison White and Dr Wong, whichever seemed to be doing something less complicated. "May I ask you a question? Mr Wainwright said that a woman was emergency teleported in earlier today, ahead of my group I believe, and that I should check on them as she had been injured..."

"I think I know the woman you speak of Sir."
Allison said and turned towards you, she was currently tending to the newly Awakened man together with Serge.
"I believe Dr Lee have her resting in a bed in his apartment, after all we did not have a infirmary set up when she arrived. Dr Lee should be back soon he went with Miss Larson to the hospital."
The hedge wizard explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:00 pm

"I think I know the woman you speak of Sir." Allison said and turned towards you, she was currently tending to the newly Awakened man together with Serge. "I believe Dr Lee have her resting in a bed in his apartment, after all we did not have a infirmary set up when she arrived. Dr Lee should be back soon he went with Miss Larson to the hospital."

"Ah, I see. Thank you. Would it be possible for someone to let me know how she is doing, when you have a chance? I would appreciate it."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:03 pm

Anja's Post:

'Well... at least we're not Detroit.' Nicole replied with a little chuckle, handing over the watch to Thorn.

Anja's Post:

'Thanks. ETA?' she typed back.

[Well, I do my research.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:59 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"But animals have some food they like more than others right?"
Anna asked then she smiled.
"Owls are adorable, but how will we ask his father is not his father an owl as well?"
Colin grinned, "Because his father is only an owl part of the time. I'm sure you'll get to meet them both soon enough, though."

"It seams you are destined to become well aquinted with Master Tolle."
Ir said and frowned.
"But yes he would run the case to it's conclusion regardless of political impact indeed."
He nodded, "I can think of worse acquaintances to cultivate - a fixed reference point is always a good contact to have."

"Avatars do not favor being seperated from their hosts so they can become quite traumatized though I doubt there is much harm beyong that from what you describe Mr Wainwright."
Ir said and frowned.
"It is still quite a terrible thing, so no that is not what I plan to make."
Philippa said and wrinkeled her nose in disgust at such a weapon.
He nodded, "It is quite terrible, and I did not think you would consider such an effect, ma'am, but the delivery method does show that it is possible to affect a person's connection to their Avatar without injection or ingestion. It might be feasible to create an analgesic gas for Avatars in pain, for example."

"I am glad you like it Mr Wainwright I have had a recepie for quite some time."
Philippa said and she smiled warmly as she put another slice on your plate and then gave another to each of her kids as well.
He grinned, "Oh, I simply must get the recipe. Perhaps an exchange for my family's recipe for Spotted... ah, it's a fruit pudding, the name should perhaps not be spoken aloud in front of the children."

"A fear shared can often lessen."
Philippa said before she sipped her tea again.
"But yes it is horrible when one's children are afraid and one feel powerless to help them."
She muttered and sigh.
"I hope the little girl will recover well though."
He smiled, "She will - to the point where she'll want a tattoo for a reward, no less. But that is a few years into the future."

The old archmage gave a rare smile and nodded.
"Ah I would very much lik that Mr Wainwright, vampire blood posioning can be quite serious and are usually hard to heal. I hope the patient you mention will recover, I will look forward to hearing more about that."
He said and nodded.
He nodded, "It was a masterstroke by Master Telar, actually, building on a Rote I devised... hum, yesterday, actually. I can take any readily available Quintessence and apply it directly, without filtering it through my Avatar. Master Telar figured out that she could try to do the same directly from her patient's Pattern, clearing out the poisonous Quintessence directly. I think she's made the attempt by now, and I hope it went well. I'm going to have to check, but I'm cautiously optimistic, at least..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:35 pm

Colin grinned, "Because his father is only an owl part of the time. I'm sure you'll get to meet them both soon enough, though."

"His father is a shapeshifter then Mentor? I am sure they will be interesting to get to know."
Anna said and smiled.

He nodded, "I can think of worse acquaintances to cultivate - a fixed reference point is always a good contact to have."

"Well as long as you stay on the right side of the law Master Tolle could be a good acquintance, but remember that if he suspect you of wrongdoing the man have no alligience other than to the law."
Ir warned.

He nodded, "It is quite terrible, and I did not think you would consider such an effect, ma'am, but the delivery method does show that it is possible to affect a person's connection to their Avatar without injection or ingestion. It might be feasible to create an analgesic gas for Avatars in pain, for example."

"I never suspected that you would have to eat or inject something into the host body to affect the Avatar, most methods that affect them never touch the host after all, however with the tools I work with, mostly herbal remidies there is a limit to what delivery methods I can create, so if I make something that can be inhaled it is likely something that one need to inhale over time and not something you can just spray on a prisoner."
Philippa said and she raised an eyebrow at you.

He grinned, "Oh, I simply must get the recipe. Perhaps an exchange for my family's recipe for Spotted... ah, it's a fruit pudding, the name should perhaps not be spoken aloud in front of the children."

"I am far less concerned about my children hearing a name that have become a nickname for male genetelia than them hearing about horrible, soul warping violence Mr Wainwright and yes that do seam like a fair trade, I will get the recipe written up for you and you can pick it up with the remedies you wanted."
Philippa said and smiled a little.

He smiled, "She will - to the point where she'll want a tattoo for a reward, no less. But that is a few years into the future."

"Kindly guiding her to face her fears an inch at the time and not forcing her or letting her be further traumatized should be the way to do it, many in my Tradition are afraid of fire due to past life memories of having been burned at the stake, it takes time and patience but such fears can be overcome."
The old Verbena said and nodded.

He nodded, "It was a masterstroke by Master Telar, actually, building on a Rote I devised... hum, yesterday, actually. I can take any readily available Quintessence and apply it directly, without filtering it through my Avatar. Master Telar figured out that she could try to do the same directly from her patient's Pattern, clearing out the poisonous Quintessence directly. I think she's made the attempt by now, and I hope it went well. I'm going to have to check, but I'm cautiously optimistic, at least..."

"That is actually quite brilliant Mr Wainwright, both the rote which I would love to learn when you have gotten it registered to your name, and Master Telar's use of it. The woman is the best the Traditions' have when it comes to treating wounded Avatars, she is even better than me."
Ir said and he nodded approvingly.
"I hope her patient will recover."

"Ah, I see. Thank you. Would it be possible for someone to let me know how she is doing, when you have a chance? I would appreciate it."

"I can tell Dr Lee you asked about thee woman when he return, I am sure he will be able to give you an update as to her condition Sir."
Allison said and nodded.
"He should be back at the Chantry fairly soon I should expect."
She continued.

'Well... at least we're not Detroit.' Nicole replied with a little chuckle, handing over the watch to Thorn.

"No we are not, and if you forgive my bluntness Miss I have heard some disturbing things about that city."
Thorn said and he took the watch, studied it for a moment then put it in his pocket and found a piece of cloth to wipe blood of his hand with.
"Thank you."

'Thanks. ETA?' she typed back.

"I would think we can get ready here in under ten minutes and then ten or fifteen minutes to drive to your location."
You got as a reply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:46 pm

"I can tell Dr Lee you asked about thee woman when he return, I am sure he will be able to give you an update as to her condition Sir." Allison said and nodded.
"He should be back at the Chantry fairly soon I should expect." She continued.

"Thank you, he has my contact info," he said with a nod to her. He took out his list, made a few checks on it and a star next to things to follow up on before putting it away. Next was taking the bedroll to the chapel, going downstairs to update his pater, then get the food, bucket from the hall closet, and water to bring upstairs when they were done eating.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:50 pm

Anja's Post:

'Nah... it's a meme from 'bout five years back. Folk would made videos of crap cities and end with the line "at least we're not Detroit!".' Nicole replied. 'Why... what have you heard about the place?'

Anja's Post:

'Will have somebody waiting. The cop car outside is not a real one.' she texted back.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:14 pm

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"His father is a shapeshifter then Mentor? I am sure they will be interesting to get to know."
Anna said and smiled.
Colin nodded, "There are those among the Verbena who have a second natural form, as I understand it. I... well, I'd heard about it, but didn't think it was quite real until this week, when I met one of them."

"Well as long as you stay on the right side of the law Master Tolle could be a good acquintance, but remember that if he suspect you of wrongdoing the man have no alligience other than to the law."
Ir warned.
He nodded, "Like I said, a fixed point. However acquainted we end up, I don't think I would ever be able to call him a friend, but in principle, it should be a simple matter to not make him an enemy."

"I never suspected that you would have to eat or inject something into the host body to affect the Avatar, most methods that affect them never touch the host after all, however with the tools I work with, mostly herbal remidies there is a limit to what delivery methods I can create, so if I make something that can be inhaled it is likely something that one need to inhale over time and not something you can just spray on a prisoner."
Philippa said and she raised an eyebrow at you.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Reasonable enough. I suppose a salve could work, though, if you could manage to apply it in a place such a captive could not reach."

"I am far less concerned about my children hearing a name that have become a nickname for male genetelia than them hearing about horrible, soul warping violence Mr Wainwright and yes that do seam like a fair trade, I will get the recipe written up for you and you can pick it up with the remedies you wanted."
Philippa said and smiled a little.
He nodded, "Quite fair - I'll have the recipe copied for you, and sent with the recipes I promised to trade with Mirri."

"Kindly guiding her to face her fears an inch at the time and not forcing her or letting her be further traumatized should be the way to do it, many in my Tradition are afraid of fire due to past life memories of having been burned at the stake, it takes time and patience but such fears can be overcome."
The old Verbena said and nodded.
He smiled, "Yes, time and patience, and loving friends and family. I have faith she'll make quite rapid progress, though; why, in just a few years, she might even pick up embroidery with a thick, blunt plastic needle. In fact, her future self dropped off a bag she had embroidered earlier today - though she came from several decades down the line."

"That is actually quite brilliant Mr Wainwright, both the rote which I would love to learn when you have gotten it registered to your name, and Master Telar's use of it. The woman is the best the Traditions' have when it comes to treating wounded Avatars, she is even better than me."
Ir said and he nodded approvingly.
"I hope her patient will recover."
He nodded, "I would be honoured to teach you, unless you simply prefer picking it up from the Paradigma - I intend to have it published freely. It is too valuable to the Traditions as a whole to put a price tag on it... It has helped drain two Balls of Abysmal Flame already, without getting me any Resonance from the filth within... In hindsight, I suppose there's an irony to how I carefully avoided that for so long, only to dive right into it..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:00 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

Let's agree to disagree.

it is leaving now but it can come back.

Do you know of any way of destroying it?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:51 am

Paul looked rather confused as he listened to your answers.
"Something Awakened inside of me? Do everyone have this something inside of them?"
He replied then he asked.
"Healing me...you can heal me? Take away the pain?"
He asked.

"Everyone's got one. Their different for everyone but still, everyone's got something like it." Serge said with a nod.

"And of course we can heal you. That's why we brought you here. We will try and help ease or even take away the pain that your feeling. If you let us that is..."

"I would rather prefer to feed my turtles at once, they are delicate creatures and being left alone for so long they might be dead already."
Paul said sounding very concerned.
"We can send someone to take care of them until you feel well enough Mr Fletcher."
Allison offered and Paul nodded.
"Ok...thank you Miss."
He said and he seamed to calm down a little.

Serge thought about how he could check up on the turtles from right where he stood. With Paul's emotional connection to the turtles being as strong as it was it probably wouldn't be that hard.

But he ultimately decided against mentioning that particular power of his. He didn't feel like explaining it and was worried that Paul's turtles were actually dead. Since he was in such an unstable state Serge didn't want to do anything that could provoke a strong reaction from the man.

"So...I can affect minds? I do not understand."
Paul said he seamed rather confused again.
"Y...you can read minds?"

"Yeahhh I can read minds." he said sheepishly, not really a fan of revealing that part of him. "Although don't worry, I don't do it too often. People get really mad at me when I do stuff like that, for good reason of course."

"Right now your magick's a bit too weak to affect minds directly. But if you choose to develop and train your magick than you could affect minds too. It's up to you of course." he informed the newly awakened man.

"You can turn of your aura? But what is an aura then?"
Paul asked.

Serge chuckled a little before correcting the man. "I don't mean your aura. That's always there. I meant seeing other people's auras. The colors that your seeing around other people. Your enhanced senses basically. I'm worried that your just seeing colors around people constantly. That's probably really annoying."

(OOC: Sorry for my absence. My internet was down for the whole day. It was horrifying...)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:26 am

Colin nodded, "There are those among the Verbena who have a second natural form, as I understand it. I... well, I'd heard about it, but didn't think it was quite real until this week, when I met one of them."

"A second natural form Mentor? That is so cool. I look forward to meeting this Verbena."
Anna said and grinned.

He nodded, "Like I said, a fixed point. However acquainted we end up, I don't think I would ever be able to call him a friend, but in principle, it should be a simple matter to not make him an enemy."

"Agreed some make horrible enemies but even if they never become friends they can be useful enough as long as one stay on their good side."
Ir said and nodded.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Reasonable enough. I suppose a salve could work, though, if you could manage to apply it in a place such a captive could not reach."

"That is quite possible Mr Wainwright but first I have to create the concoction itself, then when I have the recepie finished can I start to consider what delivery methods can be used, depending on what herbs go into it."
Philippa said as she regarded you.

He nodded, "Quite fair - I'll have the recipe copied for you, and sent with the recipes I promised to trade with Mirri."

"Well then we have a deal Mr Wainwright, very good."
The old Verbena said and smiled.

He smiled, "Yes, time and patience, and loving friends and family. I have faith she'll make quite rapid progress, though; why, in just a few years, she might even pick up embroidery with a thick, blunt plastic needle. In fact, her future self dropped off a bag she had embroidered earlier today - though she came from several decades down the line."

"That is a brilliant idea Mr Wainwright, introducing her to embroidery first with a blunt plastic needle and then she can move on from there. The way I understand it the girl's terror comes from watching her Nephandi teacher torture pepole, teaching her that needles are not just intruments of torture might help. When Kristina started remembering her former life and that lead to a fear of fire I started showing her ways where fire was used not to harm anyone, a alchemist heating his concoctions over a butane heater, a nice candle lit dinner, and eventually letting her see the dagger I had made for her be forged. It was a slow going though but now she herself is an Deciple of Forces and she employ Ignem."
Philippa said and smiled proudly.

He nodded, "I would be honoured to teach you, unless you simply prefer picking it up from the Paradigma - I intend to have it published freely. It is too valuable to the Traditions as a whole to put a price tag on it... It has helped drain two Balls of Abysmal Flame already, without getting me any Resonance from the filth within... In hindsight, I suppose there's an irony to how I carefully avoided that for so long, only to dive right into it..."

"I would not refuse training in a rote from the creator of the in question so I accept your offer with thanks Mr Wainwrgiht and I am sure we can come to an agreement regarding payment for instruction."
Ir said and smiled then he nodded.
"Daining an Ball of Abyssmal Flame or two of them that is quite impressive and it is a noble thing you are doing, releasing this magick to the Traditions as a hole if it works as you say it could help prevent allot of Resonance related sickness and Quiets."
The old Hermetic agreed andhe nodded approvingly.

'Nah... it's a meme from 'bout five years back. Folk would made videos of crap cities and end with the line "at least we're not Detroit!".' Nicole replied. 'Why... what have you heard about the place?'

"Quite a few...disturbing things, one is that the Union is strong there holding an iron grip on the city but at the same time something seam to be wrong with the Technocrazy of Detroit and they allow allot of corruption to pass right under their noses. With the decline the city have had over the last few years that is also sure to attract Nephandi and then there are vampires...now mind you I am no expert on vampires in fact the woman your team brought back are the fist one I have ever seen other that the bitch with the bugs in the Labyrinth but there are rumors that in Detroit vampires are running wild, killing sleepers as they please leading to a large number of missing...induviduals."
Thorn said and frowned.
"But I guess this is just rumors, even so I am not sure I would go there without a very good reason."

'Will have somebody waiting. The cop car outside is not a real one.' she texted back.

You got a reply back.
"Understood Scientist, contact please me again if the situation changes."

"Thank you, he has my contact info," he said with a nod to her. He took out his list, made a few checks on it and a star next to things to follow up on before putting it away.

"Very well Sir."
Allison said and she waited to see if you had anything else you needed from her before she continued with her work.

Next was taking the bedroll to the chapel,

The chapel was right down the hall so that was a quick job. You found Fran in there, she had light a candle in a glass holder and she was standing there looking at it sadly for a while not noticing you, when she saw you though she gave you a small smile.
"Ah Adley forgive my rudeness I did not see you there."
She apologized.

going downstairs to update his pater, then get the food, bucket from the hall closet, and water to bring upstairs when they were done eating.

Going downstairs you saw Cecilia waiting outside of Jeffry's office while Theodora watched over her. Theodora gave you a wave when she saw you and Cecilia smiled a little. Clearly your Mentor wanted to discuss things alone with Miss Day for a few moments.
"Hello Sir."
Cecilia said she was still shook up but seamed a little calmer now.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Everyone's got one. Their different for everyone but still, everyone's got something like it." Serge said with a nod.

"And of course we can heal you. That's why we brought you here. We will try and help ease or even take away the pain that your feeling. If you let us that is..."

"I am...not sure I would want them to do any...medical stuff...I...have had quite enough of that."
Paul said uneasy. Allison nodded.
"I can ask one of our mystical healers to have a look at you Mr Fletcher."
The hedge wizard said and Paul nodded.
"O...ok Miss...that is ok."
Then he looked at you.
"Do you have one of those Avatar things you spoke of as well?"

Serge thought about how he could check up on the turtles from right where he stood. With Paul's emotional connection to the turtles being as strong as it was it probably wouldn't be that hard.

But he ultimately decided against mentioning that particular power of his. He didn't feel like explaining it and was worried that Paul's turtles were actually dead. Since he was in such an unstable state Serge didn't want to do anything that could provoke a strong reaction from the man.

"Just give me your address Mr Fletcher and I will send someone to look in on your pets."
Allison said and Paul after some time managed to remember his address so he could give it to her.

"Yeahhh I can read minds." he said sheepishly, not really a fan of revealing that part of him. "Although don't worry, I don't do it too often. People get really mad at me when I do stuff like that, for good reason of course."

"Right now your magick's a bit too weak to affect minds directly. But if you choose to develop and train your magick than you could affect minds too. It's up to you of course." he informed the newly awakened man.

"I...I do not know what I want to do, this is all so sudden I...I..."
Paul seamed sccared he was so overwealmed and gave you a terrified look.
"I do not know what to do or think or feel."
He whispered.
"I felt so sad and empty for a while, but then suddenly I was filled with life again, it was strange."

Serge chuckled a little before correcting the man. "I don't mean your aura. That's always there. I meant seeing other people's auras. The colors that your seeing around other people. Your enhanced senses basically. I'm worried that your just seeing colors around people constantly. That's probably really annoying."

"It is more strange than anoying."
Paul said and he glanced around nervously.
"And it came so suddenly, but yes I guess learning to turn it off would be useful...but what are an aura? What causes it?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:28 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

Let's agree to disagree.

Diego just shrugged at that.

Do you know of any way of destroying it?

"Other than attacking the ship and trying to tear it down...perhaps finding it's core and destroying that then no I do not."
The werewolf said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:52 am

[Morningstar, 5 PM]
"A second natural form Mentor? That is so cool. I look forward to meeting this Verbena."
Anna said and grinned.
Colin grinned, "Jareth the owl first, then the father at a later date, I think. Oh, and you should be warned - Jareth is not a pet. He is quite wild, but surprisingly intelligent."
He smiled wryly, "The sneaky little bugger managed to take the pillowcase off my pillow without tearing anything. That takes some effort when all you have to do it with is a beak and some claws..."

"That is quite possible Mr Wainwright but first I have to create the concoction itself, then when I have the recepie finished can I start to consider what delivery methods can be used, depending on what herbs go into it."
Philippa said as she regarded you.
He nodded, "Obviously, I can only voice suggestions, hypotheses - you are the expert on the subject."

"That is a brilliant idea Mr Wainwright, introducing her to embroidery first with a blunt plastic needle and then she can move on from there. The way I understand it the girl's terror comes from watching her Nephandi teacher torture pepole, teaching her that needles are not just intruments of torture might help. When Kristina started remembering her former life and that lead to a fear of fire I started showing her ways where fire was used not to harm anyone, a alchemist heating his concoctions over a butane heater, a nice candle lit dinner, and eventually letting her see the dagger I had made for her be forged. It was a slow going though but now she herself is an Deciple of Forces and she employ Ignem."
Philippa said and smiled proudly.
He grinned, "It was Anna's idea in the future, actually - and yes, weaning her of the idea that needles are only dangerous will take some time. Baby steps."
He grimaced, touching his chest where Kristina would give him the last cut of the duel, "Ah, yes, Kristina's dagger... She's good with that thing..."

"I would not refuse training in a rote from the creator of the in question so I accept your offer with thanks Mr Wainwrgiht and I am sure we can come to an agreement regarding payment for instruction."
Ir said and smiled then he nodded.
"Daining an Ball of Abyssmal Flame or two of them that is quite impressive and it is a noble thing you are doing, releasing this magick to the Traditions as a hole if it works as you say it could help prevent allot of Resonance related sickness and Quiets."
The old Hermetic agreed andhe nodded approvingly.
He nodded, "Of course, I did not drain those spells alone - and I could not have tapped into them on my own - but it did certainly go far in helping save the day. All the same, I will admit to a measure of smug satisfaction..."
He glanced at his watch, then frowned, "As pleasant as this is, though, I need to make a few more stops before heading home to be questioned - including stopping by Master Min about that complaint revision."
He took another goodly bite of the cake, "Um, this is excellent, though..."

((OOC: Ack, no, Tane, don't go off trying to kill the ship, you'll get chewed up and swallowed! Not necessarily in that order! Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:59 am

Colin grinned, "Jareth the owl first, then the father at a later date, I think. Oh, and you should be warned - Jareth is not a pet. He is quite wild, but surprisingly intelligent."
He smiled wryly, "The sneaky little bugger managed to take the pillowcase off my pillow without tearing anything. That takes some effort when all you have to do it with is a beak and some claws..."

"Jareth sounds really cool Mentor, and yes that takes some doing getting the pillowcase off without tearing it apart."
Anna said and smiled.
"So he is not a pet so he can leave any time he want to?"
The young mage asked.
"That is fair."
She added then she smiled.
"Is he cute?"

He nodded, "Obviously, I can only voice suggestions, hypotheses - you are the expert on the subject."

Philippa nodded at that and smiled.
"When I get the potion created perhaps an alchemist will be able to take it and make it into something easier to deliver to an unwilling person, or perhaps the energy from the potion can be transferred to them without the physical substence."

He grinned, "It was Anna's idea in the future, actually - and yes, weaning her of the idea that needles are only dangerous will take some time. Baby steps."
He grimaced, touching his chest where Kristina would give him the last cut of the duel, "Ah, yes, Kristina's dagger... She's good with that thing..."

"I wish the child the best in this, needles are used for so many things that are not harmful, from making clothing to blood magick to making a gramophone read music of a record I hope the girl will be less scared over time."
Philippa said then she smiled proudly.
"And yes my student is very good with a blade, very good."

He nodded, "Of course, I did not drain those spells alone - and I could not have tapped into them on my own - but it did certainly go far in helping save the day. All the same, I will admit to a measure of smug satisfaction..."

Ir nodded at that.
"A bit of smug satisfaction when deserved is good for the soul Mr Wainwright."
He said wryly.

He glanced at his watch, then frowned, "As pleasant as this is, though, I need to make a few more stops before heading home to be questioned - including stopping by Master Min about that complaint revision."

"Ah yes off course Mr Wainwright, it was nice of you to drop by."
Philippa said.
"I will have the things we talked about prepared so you can pick them up before you leave."

He took another goodly bite of the cake, "Um, this is excellent, though..."

Philippa smiled proudly at that.
"I am glad you like it Mr Wainwright...hum there is one slice left, with your premission why don't I put it on a plate and bring it up to Anna, I should check that her blood flow is flowing as it should and that her life patterns are stable anyway."
The old Verbena asked.

(OOC: Om nom nom nom. Dreamspeakers are delicious I hear. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:18 pm

[Morningstar, 5:30 PM]
"Jareth sounds really cool Mentor, and yes that takes some doing getting the pillowcase off without tearing it apart."
Anna said and smiled.
"So he is not a pet so he can leave any time he want to?"
The young mage asked.
"That is fair."
She added then she smiled.
"Is he cute?"
Colin grinned, "He's adorable, and the little sneak knows it, too."

Philippa nodded at that and smiled.
"When I get the potion created perhaps an alchemist will be able to take it and make it into something easier to deliver to an unwilling person, or perhaps the energy from the potion can be transferred to them without the physical substence."
He nodded, "That could likely work - there should be a few extra options available from cross-disciplinary methods."

"I wish the child the best in this, needles are used for so many things that are not harmful, from making clothing to blood magick to making a gramophone read music of a record I hope the girl will be less scared over time."
Philippa said then she smiled proudly.
"And yes my student is very good with a blade, very good."
He nodded, "She will be fine... Now that I have prevented the need for the bloody serum, she'll have breathing space to heal."
He smiled wryly, "I know... More importantly, by first snow, I will get a quite sharp demonstration. Ah, the two of us will duel, once I have gained enough training in fighting with a knife to at least offer something resembling a challenge."

"Ah yes off course Mr Wainwright, it was nice of you to drop by."
Philippa said.
"I will have the things we talked about prepared so you can pick them up before you leave."
He nodded, "Excellent. I will see you then."

Philippa smiled proudly at that.
"I am glad you like it Mr Wainwright...hum there is one slice left, with your premission why don't I put it on a plate and bring it up to Anna, I should check that her blood flow is flowing as it should and that her life patterns are stable anyway."
The old Verbena asked.
He smiled, "I think she would love that."
He washed down the rest of the cake with the last sip of tea and picked up his bag, "Well, then, I must see Lady Crexia, and then find Master Adimari... This weekend has been a hectic set of opening moves, but now we're finally approaching a more cautious midgame, I think..."

((OOC: Probably a bit stringy and nutty, though. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:44 pm

Colin grinned, "He's adorable, and the little sneak knows it, too."

"That is odd Gabriel used to say the same things about me Mentor."
Anna said and grinned.

He nodded, "That could likely work - there should be a few extra options available from cross-disciplinary methods."

"My thoughts exactly Mr Wainwright."
Philippa said and smiled.
"I know a rather skilled alchemist I will take it up with her."

He nodded, "She will be fine... Now that I have prevented the need for the bloody serum, she'll have breathing space to heal."

"Ah yes, putting the poor child on the serum would have been far to cruel, poor little one it would have terrified her."
Philippa said softly and shook her head.
"No one should be on the serum over a long period of time but a child no it would be to cruel."

He smiled wryly, "I know... More importantly, by first snow, I will get a quite sharp demonstration. Ah, the two of us will duel, once I have gained enough training in fighting with a knife to at least offer something resembling a challenge."

"You have managed to anger my student then Mr Wainwright?"
Philippa said and raised and eyebrow.
"Well no matter that is between the two of you. Duels with a dagger is our way to settle conficts after all, the way of the Verbena."

He nodded, "Excellent. I will see you then."

Philippa nodded at that.

He smiled, "I think she would love that."

"I will bring the slice up to her then."
Philippa said as she put the slice on a clean plate and added a fork.

He washed down the rest of the cake with the last sip of tea and picked up his bag, "Well, then, I must see Lady Crexia, and then find Master Adimari... This weekend has been a hectic set of opening moves, but now we're finally approaching a more cautious midgame, I think..."

"Master Ademari is in the basement with her new student, her new student is tied down, she do not like that, Lady Crexia is in her office talking with a spirit, she can talk with spirits she is very good at it."
Taliesin suddenly said the boy had been silent until now.
"Goodbye Mr Wainwright have a nice evening."
Heylel said politely and Mary Elisabeth waved at you still with her mouth full of cake. Ir nodded to you.
"It was nice meeting you Mr Wainwright."
He said and Philippa stood.
"I will walk you to the door then since I am anyway bringing this to Anna."
She said and indicated the plate in her hand.

(OOC: Nonsense after seeing a certain Disney movie I have it on good authority from a giant crab that Polynesian pepole are delicious. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:57 pm

Anja's Post:

'Detroit... what's there to say?' Nicole replied with a little sigh, putting the paperwork and gun back in the box. 'Nearest thing to a vampire town. Mirrorshades still there, but they still go gunning for us, rather than breaking out the HIT-Marks and sweeping the dead out. Which would be doing the world a fucking favour for once.' giving a derisive snort.

'Corrupted... dunno. Main theory kicking around is that the Union have just given up on the place. Me? Think they're keeping the place for a very special event.'

Anja's Post:

'Received.' she texted back. 'They're on their way; 10 to 15. Someone better go out front to greet 'em.' she announced to the other two.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:13 pm

'Detroit... what's there to say?' Nicole replied with a little sigh, putting the paperwork and gun back in the box. 'Nearest thing to a vampire town. Mirrorshades still there, but they still go gunning for us, rather than breaking out the HIT-Marks and sweeping the dead out. Which would be doing the world a fucking favour for once.' giving a derisive snort.

'Corrupted... dunno. Main theory kicking around is that the Union have just given up on the place. Me? Think they're keeping the place for a very special event.'

"That is unusual, if the vampires are having the run of the town the Union should actually go after them, they consider other Awakened to be Deviants as well, and while they focus on other mages they have been known to go after others who attack sleepers, so why do they not clean up Detroit?"
Thorn asked and frowned.
"Perhaps they have made some sort of deal with the vampires, that could happen could it not?"
Violet asked.

Received.' she texted back. 'They're on their way; 10 to 15. Someone better go out front to greet 'em.' she announced to the other two.

The other two nodded.
"I guess we just wait here then and wait for them."
Thorn said and frowned.

(OOC: ten minutes to get everything ready and then between ten and fifteen to get to the old auto shop.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:37 pm

Anja's Post:

'Which is why we think they've just given up.' Nicole replied. 'Can see some Syndicate fuckers around a table with a PowerPoint showing that saving the place wasn't "cost effective". Wouldn't be the first time they've put a whole place on the srapheap.' an undertone of anger at this.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:04 pm

[Morningstar, 5:30 PM]
"That is odd Gabriel used to say the same things about me Mentor."
Anna said and grinned.
Colin nodded sagely, "I know... Future me warned me about that..."

"Ah yes, putting the poor child on the serum would have been far to cruel, poor little one it would have terrified her."
Philippa said softly and shook her head.
"No one should be on the serum over a long period of time but a child no it would be to cruel."
He nodded, "And that's doesn't even take severe fear of needles into account."

"You have managed to anger my student then Mr Wainwright?"
Philippa said and raised and eyebrow.
"Well no matter that is between the two of you. Duels with a dagger is our way to settle conficts after all, the way of the Verbena."
He nodded, "I have... committed a horrible breach of trust, in a desparate last-ditch attempt to save lives earlier today. The worst was avoided, but all the same, there'll be a blood penance. And even that will not be enough to atone. Which is why I must train first, so as not to cheapen the challenge."

"I will bring the slice up to her then."
Philippa said as she put the slice on a clean plate and added a fork.
He smiled, "Your apprentice and the lovely Cultist couple should still be there, I think. Well, unless the two ladies have excused themselves to go home and let Anna rest."

"Master Ademari is in the basement with her new student, her new student is tied down, she do not like that, Lady Crexia is in her office talking with a spirit, she can talk with spirits she is very good at it."
Taliesin suddenly said the boy had been silent until now.
"Goodbye Mr Wainwright have a nice evening."
Heylel said politely and Mary Elisabeth waved at you still with her mouth full of cake. Ir nodded to you.
"It was nice meeting you Mr Wainwright."
He said and Philippa stood.
"I will walk you to the door then since I am anyway bringing this to Anna."
She said and indicated the plate in her hand.
He nodded to Taliesin, "I will see Master Adimari first, then; I should not want to interrupt Lady Crexia if i can avoid it."
He smiled and waved to the twins, "It was nice meeting you, too. I'm sure we'll meet again before too long."
Following Philippa to the door, he nodded to Ir, "And again, thank you for letting me visit and... clear up a few details that needed addressing. When I saw that echo in the Labyrinth, I knew I could not let that simply rest."

He bowed to Philippa at the door, and made his way downstairs to look for Udella.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next