Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 12 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 38  Next

Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 12 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:37 am

[Steelhaven Hall, half past seven PM]
[Node Chamber]
"I do believe a talking to would be in order yes Mr Wainwright."
Amadeus said.
"And yes Master Dupuis might have a thing or two to say. Also a wershark would be quite effective at sitting on someone."
Amadeus said and nodded.
Colin smiled wryly, "And a wereshark brother even more so, I suppose."

"Let's just hope he and his allies come back safe, first."

"That doesn't solve the problem of him wandering around in the umbra...hopefully he will be able to find a way back but if he's gone into the Deep..."
"If he have gone into the deep then he is now dead I am afraid, only the Masters of Spirit know how to survive in the Deep Umbra, it is as hard a magickal task as making a realm for example."
Amadeus said and Cita nodded to that.
"Agreed, and not it is not easy I can attest to that."
She said and Beatrice looked sad at that.
"I hope he is safe."
The young Verbena commented.
He nodded, "If he got out in time, I guess he ought to check in soon enough. If we haven't heard from him in another, oh, couple of hours or so, I'm afraid we're going to have to try to contact Lady Dalisse and ask if she knows where he is..."

"I don't understand time magick well...or how to conceptualize things that you see or find out. I have no doubt it's saved our lives more than once, but the possible ramifications are a growing challenge."
Amadeus nodded at this and looked rather grim.
"There will be ramifications."
He said darkly.
He nodded, "It's like with manipulating luck, to some extent - make someone's day better, odds are someone else's day is going to take a turn for the worse. It's not for certain that someone's good fortune will mean someone else's misfortune, but the risk is high enough that I'm not making strong lucky charms for sale, just a little nudge to soften the blow of a bad day, or make an alright day just a little brighter. Like ripples in a pond... and with the lives I've saved, the fates I've changed - that's a few pretty big rocks chucked in the water. Some ramifications I've already been made aware of - that of Cecilia's suffering as Anna was saved. Others... I'll do what I can to soften the blows to others, but until I become aware of them..."

[Colin's Apartment]
"I am in Kristina's room while Master Harris probably is in the computer room or his own room. Chief Joakim do not much like me roaming around the Chantry."
Alexandra said and you heard a boy behind her say.
"I can go and tell Master Harris that you wish to talk with him Alexandra."
He was probably one of the little hedge wizards that the young vampiress was allowed to play with.
He nodded, "If he's sleeping, he might not be entirely enthusiastic about it. If so, I can try to retrieve it from my end. But if he's awake and willing, I'd prefer to rely on his superior skill and experience."

"That is good to hear Sir, so you are home safe as well then?"
Alexandra asked.
"I am glad that you and your apprentice is safe."
He nodded, "We're all home, safe and sound, and my owl friend is looking adorable as he stalks my refridgerator magnets."

((OOC: Heh... Morgan asking Nicole to neutralize him if the spirit were to get past his defenses... "Miss, would you stab me if I lose control? And please, don't look so enthusiastic about it." Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29 - Page 12 Empty Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:48 pm

Anja's Post:

A short silence, a glance at the bag of take-out Nicole had but beside the chair, then a little sigh. 'Okay. Now?' making signs to rise out of the chair. 'Wait... before we do, one other thing. I found a fair amount of documents from the auto shop. Might be useful. Is there anyone here who is good at that sort of thing, 'cos know I'm not.'

[Heh heh...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:31 pm

[Adley and Colin] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening.)

(Node chamber)

Colin smiled wryly, "And a wereshark brother even more so, I suppose."

"Brother or not matter little when a wershark have the ability to turn into a whale sized pre historic fish."
Amadeus said and frowned.
"I asked Miss Day about the abilities of our finned friend just in case."
The old Verbena said and shrugged.

He nodded, "If he got out in time, I guess he ought to check in soon enough. If we haven't heard from him in another, oh, couple of hours or so, I'm afraid we're going to have to try to contact Lady Dalisse and ask if she knows where he is..."

"Agreed."
Amadeus said and Beatrice frowned deeply.
"I hope he is ok Colin, Mr Coawa would be devestated if something happened to Tane."

He nodded, "It's like with manipulating luck, to some extent - make someone's day better, odds are someone else's day is going to take a turn for the worse. It's not for certain that someone's good fortune will mean someone else's misfortune, but the risk is high enough that I'm not making strong lucky charms for sale, just a little nudge to soften the blow of a bad day, or make an alright day just a little brighter. Like ripples in a pond... and with the lives I've saved, the fates I've changed - that's a few pretty big rocks chucked in the water. Some ramifications I've already been made aware of - that of Cecilia's suffering as Anna was saved. Others... I'll do what I can to soften the blows to others, but until I become aware of them..."

"One thing is spells that affect more than the intended target in the here and now. Weather witching for exampe is a good example, a bright sunny vecation might be good for one man, while it is death for the farmer, but when you add time to that and changing the past...you have to be extra careful Mr Wainwright, and when that is said Miss Cecilia I have been asked to have a look at her, she have suffered at the hands of this Jace bastard far to long."
Amadeus replied with a frown.

(Colin's apartment)

He nodded, "If he's sleeping, he might not be entirely enthusiastic about it. If so, I can try to retrieve it from my end. But if he's awake and willing, I'd prefer to rely on his superior skill and experience."

"Jamal if Master Harris is in his apartment don't wake him up please, go to the comuter room first."
Alexandra called to her friend and the young boy replied something.
"I am not goign to wake him up Sir."
She said to you.

He nodded, "We're all home, safe and sound, and my owl friend is looking adorable as he stalks my refridgerator magnets."

"That is adorable Sir, and I guess he want those magnets."
Alexandra said and Jareth did indeed, he was still trying to find some way to reach the magnets.
"Do your apprentice have what she need Sir I could fill a box with some toys and such thing I do not use allot anymore and send it to you when I get ome you said she was about my age."
The young vampiress offered.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

A short silence, a glance at the bag of take-out Nicole had but beside the chair, then a little sigh. 'Okay. Now?' making signs to rise out of the chair.

"Yes now Miss Bouchard."
Jeffry said and rose from his seat, he took a syringe and a bottle of the serum, which really where a disturbing shade of green, out of his drawer and filled it, then he re capped the syringe and handed it to you.
"If you come with me to the basement then Miss, I will summon the spirit in one of the ritual chambers."
The old Hermetic informed you.

'Wait... before we do, one other thing. I found a fair amount of documents from the auto shop. Might be useful. Is there anyone here who is good at that sort of thing, 'cos know I'm not.'

"Yes Mr Riez is good with all kinds of paperwork so if you just leave the documents here I will get it to him as he is on guard duty until this spirit is dealt with."
Jeffry said and he nodded towards his desk.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply. The psycriatric day center I go to had trip to the cinema as an activity today and I joined in on that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:45 pm

[Node Chamber]
"Brother or not matter little when a wershark have the ability to turn into a whale sized pre historic fish."
Amadeus said and frowned.
"I asked Miss Day about the abilities of our finned friend just in case."
The old Verbena said and shrugged.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Come again? A megalodon? I thought he was a normal shark who could take human form, not... well... I suppose there's some ancestral form or something of the sort involved. All the same, I really meant it metaphorically. Coawa does seem a lot more... level-headed."

"Agreed."
"I hope he is ok Colin, Mr Coawa would be devestated if something happened to Tane."
He nodded, "I hope he is unharmed, too... Besides, he's got too much potential to be simply dismissed - I'm sure we can temper his savage side a bit, and Coawa would be a good ally to have around."

"One thing is spells that affect more than the intended target in the here and now. Weather witching for exampe is a good example, a bright sunny vecation might be good for one man, while it is death for the farmer, but when you add time to that and changing the past...you have to be extra careful Mr Wainwright, and when that is said Miss Cecilia I have been asked to have a look at her, she have suffered at the hands of this Jace bastard far to long."
He nodded, frowning, "Yes... It seems the poor woman's been subjected to the bloody serum for some time. Which means she's got Primium buildup in the brain. And while there's now treatment for that, it seems unlikely she'll be quite keen to receive it, since it would essentially be a repetition of much of what Jace did to her in the first place..."

[Colin's apartment]
"That is adorable Sir, and I guess he want those magnets."
Alexandra said and Jareth did indeed, he was still trying to find some way to reach the magnets.
"Do your apprentice have what she need Sir I could fill a box with some toys and such thing I do not use allot anymore and send it to you when I get ome you said she was about my age."
The young vampiress offered.
He sighed softly, "Yes, well, I guess I'm going to have to get some other sorts of refridgerator magnets - those large, thin, flat ones, probably. The little round ones I have now would be dangerous for the poor chap to swallow."
He grinned, "I'll be getting Anna quite a few such necessities in the morning. Besides, it seems we'll be visiting one day - you might want to keep those toys around until then, perhaps let her pick a few to take home with her."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:04 pm

(Node Room)

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Come again? A megalodon? I thought he was a normal shark who could take human form, not... well... I suppose there's some ancestral form or something of the sort involved. All the same, I really meant it metaphorically. Coawa does seem a lot more... level-headed."

"According to Miss Day all shapechangers have a fighting form along with a animal form and a human one, some have more than that and wersharks have one regular shark form and the other one is a megladon, it is apperantly quite nasty to meet at sea."
Amadeus said then he smiled.
"And I understood what you meant Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "I hope he is unharmed, too... Besides, he's got too much potential to be simply dismissed - I'm sure we can temper his savage side a bit, and Coawa would be a good ally to have around."

"My Mentor says that there where a similar problem with a member of my family, she was raised among shapeshifters and had adopted their manners...she got sorted out eventually."
Amadeus said and sigh.

He nodded, frowning, "Yes... It seems the poor woman's been subjected to the bloody serum for some time. Which means she's got Primium buildup in the brain. And while there's now treatment for that, it seems unlikely she'll be quite keen to receive it, since it would essentially be a repetition of much of what Jace did to her in the first place..."

"Primium is hard to...deal with, I have healed Primium damage but the last time I tried to heal a Primium head wound...Morgan's youngest apprentice at the time died, if there is a cure to get the Primium out that do not require magick or extensive surgery that would be better."
The old Verbena healer said and frowned.

(Colin's Apartment.)

He sighed softly, "Yes, well, I guess I'm going to have to get some other sorts of refridgerator magnets - those large, thin, flat ones, probably. The little round ones I have now would be dangerous for the poor chap to swallow."

"Your bird friend might be less interested in the big flat ones also Sir, the little round ones are often colorful and might look more tempting."
Alexandra said as Jareth's latest attemnt at the magnets made him tumble of the fridge and he just managed a few flaps of his wings to break his fall before he ended up on the floor in a ball of feathers, the landing had been soft enough though and he righted himself and then started to preen his roufleted featheres with a miffed, I meant to do that, look on his face.

He grinned, "I'll be getting Anna quite a few such necessities in the morning. Besides, it seems we'll be visiting one day - you might want to keep those toys around until then, perhaps let her pick a few to take home with her."

"Ok Sir that works for me, and it would be cool if you visited, I have some friends here at Morningstar and I play with my brother at home even if his Mentor do not like it, but it will be fun to have a friend visit."
Alexandra said happily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:30 pm

Anja's Post:

'I'll drop them off when I can, then.'

Anja's Post:

'Assuming I don't need to hit a vein or anything with this.' Nicole said, looking at the syringe with a combination of caution and curiosity.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:46 pm

'I'll drop them off when I can, then.'

"Thank you Miss, or I can do so if you wish since I have a meeting with the man once we are done with the spirit."
Jeffry said and nodded.

'Assuming I don't need to hit a vein or anything with this.' Nicole said, looking at the syringe with a combination of caution and curiosity.

"No I think it would be quite bad for me if you did, do for a large muscle, just like with the woman you helped capture, the one who spied on the Chantry, Sierra I think she said her name was."
The old Hermetic said and frowned.
"Foul stuff that serum but it works."
He grunted.
"Any other questions or things you wanted to discuss before we go Miss Bouchard?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:05 pm

Anja's Post:

'Easier if I did it; they're upstairs at the moment.'

Anja's Post:

'If you could roll your sleeves then, so I won't have to try to punch through cloth, then.' getting up from the chair, grabbing the bag and making it clear she was ready when he was.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:07 pm

"If he have gone into the deep then he is now dead I am afraid, only the Masters of Spirit know how to survive in the Deep Umbra, it is as hard a magickal task as making a realm for example." Amadeus said and Cita nodded to that. "Agreed, and not it is not easy I can attest to that." She said and Beatrice looked sad at that. "I hope he is safe."
"Agreed."

"Very well...but..." he said, then frowned a little. "I do hope he returns sooner than that."

"I'm not so sure, potential or not but a discussion for a later time perhaps."

Amadeus nodded at this and looked rather grim.
"There will be ramifications."
He said darkly.

"I don't understand that either, amicus," he sighed.

"Ah...yes, you two should definitely discuss things together before settling on what to do for her treatment. I'm afraid that I have a basic understanding of that stuff but you know it much better than I. Maybe you can figure out something suitable together."

"Primium is hard to...deal with, I have healed Primium damage but the last time I tried to heal a Primium head wound...Morgan's youngest apprentice at the time died, if there is a cure to get the Primium out that do not require magick or extensive surgery that would be better."

He frowned and glanced away as they discussed his brother.

[common room]

Master Tolle nodded.
"Very well Mr Roth Hicks."
He said. Udella gave you a slight smile.
"We are waiting here between appointment, it seamed like as good a place as any to do so."
She informed you.

He smiled at Udella. "Plus there are snacks." Then he nodded to Master Tolle. "Let me just call her then, pardon." He picked his phone up and rang Miss Day.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:25 pm

"That is very true Cousin."
Rosa said. Strawberry had climbed into Anna's lap and lay there being petted as the young Orphan and Yu Die talked. Anna looked better now that she had been sitting down for a while.
"Well that is adorable."
Rosa said and smiled.

"It's probably time that we relax as well. You've been taking care of those girls for the majority of thee day. Anna and Yu Die can handle themselves just fine. With the younger girls gone you can have a bit more rest now." Serge said as he flopped into the nearest seat, flipping open the rune book and skimming its contents once again whilst keeping one ear open to the two girls conversation.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:44 pm

[Node Chamber]
"Very well...but..." he said, then frowned a little. "I do hope he returns sooner than that."
Colin nodded, "Indeed."

"I'm not so sure, potential or not but a discussion for a later time perhaps."
He nodded, "One best had with him present."

"According to Miss Day all shapechangers have a fighting form along with a animal form and a human one, some have more than that and wersharks have one regular shark form and the other one is a megladon, it is apperantly quite nasty to meet at sea."
Amadeus said then he smiled.
"And I understood what you meant Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, then frowned, then chuckled softly, "Now, why do I suddenly picture Strawberry as the most frighteningly adorable Splinter lookalike?"

"My Mentor says that there where a similar problem with a member of my family, she was raised among shapeshifters and had adopted their manners...she got sorted out eventually."
Amadeus said and sigh.
He grinned, "Indeed, she's turned out quite a credit to your Tradition, I should say."

"I don't understand that either, amicus," he sighed.
He smiled wryly, "Alright, another simile, then - Newton's third law seems to apply to such tampering, as much as it applies to mundane physics. Does that make more sense to you?"

"Ah...yes, you two should definitely discuss things together before settling on what to do for her treatment. I'm afraid that I have a basic understanding of that stuff but you know it much better than I. Maybe you can figure out something suitable together."
He nodded, "Actually, at this point, Dr. Lee is probably far better at working something out than I am - since the whole issue is essentially a medical one, rather than magical, as it were."

He frowned, then nodded and gave Adley a light squeeze on the shoulder, "It involves stabbing a needle into the spine. Not a pleasant prospect even if you don't have associated trauma..."

"Your bird friend might be less interested in the big flat ones also Sir, the little round ones are often colorful and might look more tempting."
Alexandra said as Jareth's latest attemnt at the magnets made him tumble of the fridge and he just managed a few flaps of his wings to break his fall before he ended up on the floor in a ball of feathers, the landing had been soft enough though and he righted himself and then started to preen his roufleted featheres with a miffed, I meant to do that, look on his face.
Colin carefully looked at his rosebush rather than Jareth's hurt dignity, "Quite so. They were never a problem before I suddenly began to play host to a fluffy little bundle of mischief."

"Ok Sir that works for me, and it would be cool if you visited, I have some friends here at Morningstar and I play with my brother at home even if his Mentor do not like it, but it will be fun to have a friend visit."
Alexandra said happily.
He smiled, "Oh, but in the meantime, you could give my regards to that lovable rogue of a Sire you have."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:57 pm

He smiled wryly, "Alright, another simile, then - Newton's third law seems to apply to such tampering, as much as it applies to mundane physics. Does that make more sense to you?"

"The river analogy was better for me," he said with a little shrug. "Maybe once I have made a coherent thought on all the rest of things I found out I can circle back to it."

He nodded, "Actually, at this point, Dr. Lee is probably far better at working something out than I am - since the whole issue is essentially a medical one, rather than magical, as it were."

"All of you then, as she will not be able to take healing from anything that vaguely resembles modern medicine."

He frowned, then nodded and gave Adley a light squeeze on the shoulder, "It involves stabbing a needle into the spine. Not a pleasant prospect even if you don't have associated trauma..."

He gave Colin a little nod in thanks then said, "Perhaps you can think of something else...keep it on the backburner."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:23 pm

(Node Chamber)

Beatrice nodded at that.
"I hope so as well."
She said.

"I will discuss things with Dr Lee as soon as I get a chance, and I hope so as well that we can find a way to help the woman."
Amadeus said though he did look concerned.

"Ah please forgive me Mr Roth Hicks I should not have mentioned that particular patient."
The old Verbena said apologetically.

He nodded, then frowned, then chuckled softly, "Now, why do I suddenly picture Strawberry as the most frighteningly adorable Splinter lookalike?"

"I have no idea who Spinter is but I suspect that her war from woud be something half between a human and rat."
Amadeus said and he gave you another confused look.

He grinned, "Indeed, she's turned out quite a credit to your Tradition, I should say."

"So she have indeed."
The old healer said aprovingly.

"I will discuss it with Dr Lee as soon as I can."
Amadeus said and nodded.

"It do kind of suck."
Cita commented.
"It sucks allot if they hit a nerve, but yes for someone who do not have an associated trauma it is painful but tolerable but yeah it is not to fun no, especially not when done by a Progenitor."
She grumbeled.

(Colin's Apartment)

Colin carefully looked at his rosebush rather than Jareth's hurt dignity, "Quite so. They were never a problem before I suddenly began to play host to a fluffy little bundle of mischief."

Jareth preened his feathers then he fapped his wings and landed at the tabe next to you clearely thinking he deserved petting since his magnet hunting did not go to well.
"Well at least he sound adorable Sir."
Alexandra said sounding amused.

He smiled, "Oh, but in the meantime, you could give my regards to that lovable rogue of a Sire you have."

"I will do so Sir, do you know him?"
The young vampiress asked.

He smiled at Udella. "Plus there are snacks." Then he nodded to Master Tolle. "Let me just call her then, pardon." He picked his phone up and rang Miss Day.

"Ah yes there is that and snacks are always good."
Udella agreed. Master Tolle just nodded to you. You called Miss Day and she picked up the phone after a few rings.
"Yes it is me, how can I help you?"
She asked.

(OOC: I have to repy to Serge and Nicole later my computer keybord basically just gave out, I have to press four or five times to get any sensponse on each key making writing on it all but impossible. Seriously this computer is under 6 months old.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:42 pm

(OOC: I am having computer problems I am going to reply as much as I can but as my keybord just have keys stop working randomly it is challanging, hopefully this computer will go to service tomorrow and the store will have a loaner for me in the meantime so by tomorrow evening I will be back to posting regularly. I do not get it my computers die on me at alarming interwalls and I treat them carefully and gently but all of them have fabrication errors and such, we get our money back for that but still anoying.)

[Serge] (Steehaven at 8 in the afternoon.)

"It's probably time that we relax as well. You've been taking care of those girls for the majority of thee day. Anna and Yu Die can handle themselves just fine. With the younger girls gone you can have a bit more rest now." Serge said as he flopped into the nearest seat, flipping open the rune book and skimming its contents once again whilst keeping one ear open to the two girls conversation.

"That is true but taking care of the little ones where fun."
Rosa said and grinned then she relaxed into the sofa and checked her phone for messages. Yu Die and Anna where discussing computer games and whatever or not the neewest Ridge Racer game where any fun. The book you where skimming seamed to be well written, though it was pretty tecnical and would have to be studied to get allot out of it.

) (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

[quote]'Easier if I did it; they're upstairs at the moment.'

"Very well thank you Miss Bouchard, that is helpful."
Master Morgan said and he nodded approvingly.

'If you could roll your sleeves then, so I won't have to try to punch through cloth, then.' getting up from the chair, grabbing the bag and making it clear she was ready when he was.

"I will remove my sweather once we get down to the ritual chamber I wear a tshirt under it, that should give you accsess, I doubt I could roll the sweather sleeve up to over my upper arm, and while there are muscles down in the lower arms as well they are smaller and might be damaged by such a large dose...also hopefully it will not be needed but if you have any suspicion that I am under the spirit's control do it, I am a Master of Forces to get that rank I have to prove that I am able to create major forces, that includes things like a massie cyclone or an atomic blast, keep that in mind please."
Jeffry said as he headed out of the office and held the door open to you and then headed towards the basement, nodding to those he saw on the way. You noticed that Dr Lee where up and about and where down in the common room, the sleep he had gotten in the time bubble had done wonders, the doctor gave you a polite nod as he passed you and Jeffry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:01 am

[Node Chamber]
"The river analogy was better for me," he said with a little shrug. "Maybe once I have made a coherent thought on all the rest of things I found out I can circle back to it."
Colin nodded, "I'm sure you'll find some way to comprehend it, even if you never pick up the knack for meddling in it."

"I have no idea who Spinter is but I suspect that her war from woud be something half between a human and rat."
Amadeus said and he gave you another confused look.
He grinned, "There was a comic book in the mid-eighties, which wound up getting franchised in a big way, with movies and cartoons; I even think three was a movie reboot last year. The main characters were four anthropomorphic turtles, trained in ninjitsu by an anthropomorphic rat called Splinter. Even when it was serious, the whole thing was saturated with silliness."

"So she have indeed."
The old healer said aprovingly.
He grunted softly, stroking his chest in memory of the pain to come, "Good with a blade, too... I'm going to feel that come the first snow."

"All of you then, as she will not be able to take healing from anything that vaguely resembles modern medicine."
"I will discuss things with Dr Lee as soon as I get a chance, and I hope so as well that we can find a way to help the woman."
Amadeus said though he did look concerned.
He gave Colin a little nod in thanks then said, "Perhaps you can think of something else...keep it on the backburner."
He nodded, "Of course, I'll not drop it the issue entirely, but I'll have to do some tangential research on my own. I might be able to figure out some alternative approaches with Lady Crexia, or some other lich I might get to interview."

"It do kind of suck."
Cita commented.
"It sucks allot if they hit a nerve, but yes for someone who do not have an associated trauma it is painful but tolerable but yeah it is not to fun no, especially not when done by a Progenitor."
She grumbeled.
He frowned, "You would think an organization dedicated to medicine would have a few members who actually cared about the physical and mental well-being of others..."

[Colin's Apartment]
Jareth preened his feathers then he fapped his wings and landed at the tabe next to you clearely thinking he deserved petting since his magnet hunting did not go to well.
"Well at least he sound adorable Sir."
Alexandra said sounding amused.
He grinned, "Tell you what, I'll send a photo of him after this phone call, alright?"

"I will do so Sir, do you know him?"
The young vampiress asked.
He chuckled, "Not yet; we've spoken come December. It gets a little complicated, time-wise."

((OOC: Sounds to me like your computer problem might be heat-related. You've got a laptop, right? Do you have one of those little USB-powered fan table things for laptops? They help, a lot.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:15 am

Anja's Post:

'How will I know if you're being possessed, sir?' Nicole replied, following the Chief out of the office, still clutching her now rapidly cooling take-out.  'And how... aware would this Cryptid hijacker be of the situation? For example, if it happened to me, would it be able to note the pressure under my arm is a holstered pistol, access my memories to know how to use it and know that pretending to be me would be more effective if the Cryptid's goal was to kill everyone in this building?'

[Most laptop fans are at the bottom of the device, which means there's very little room for air to circulate or if on a lap, perhaps none. Merely using a laptop rest or even a couple of books etc to prop it up helps.]

[Don't worry about us. Particularly me; I'm working Wed/Thurs so won't have much time to reply anyway].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:08 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening) >>> (OOC: We should play it out as several of his new Cabalmembers are waiting to talk to Tane.)

((ok, i will follow your lead. Then Tane comes back to the chantry))

[Tane] (Meeting with an old shaman earlier in the day.)
Something tells me you'll like what i brought. It's wonderful to meet all of you. And o brought all this four them. Tane said smiling, as he entered and left the snacks on the table, and a large bag of incense for the spirits. I hope i didn't come late. It's been too many things to do.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:56 am

"That is true but taking care of the little ones where fun."
Rosa said and grinned then she relaxed into the sofa and checked her phone for messages. Yu Die and Anna where discussing computer games and whatever or not the newest Ridge Racer game where any fun. The book you where skimming seamed to be well written, though it was pretty tecnical and would have to be studied to get allot out of it.

Serge read for a little bit before giving up and snapping the book shut. "Looks like I can't just skim read this. I have to actually have to focus. Argh, who knew reading about ancient nordic rune systems and history would feel so much like studying?" he said in a joking voice.

"Speaking of studying, you have class tomorrow right?" he asked Rosa curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:47 am

Colin nodded, "I'm sure you'll find some way to comprehend it, even if you never pick up the knack for meddling in it."

"That's probably for the best, having one person that uses such magick is enough. Otherwise we might accidentally work cross purpose."

"Ah please forgive me Mr Roth Hicks I should not have mentioned that particular patient."
The old Verbena said apologetically.

"There is nothing to forgive."

He grunted softly, stroking his chest in memory of the pain to come, "Good with a blade, too... I'm going to feel that come the first snow."

"Pardon?"

[common room]
"Ah yes there is that and snacks are always good."
Udella agreed. Master Tolle just nodded to you. You called Miss Day and she picked up the phone after a few rings.
"Yes it is me, how can I help you?"
She asked.

"Hello. I do not wish to impose but given our circumstances, perhaps it would be prudent to have the meeting we discussed at your apartment. With your leave I would bring some of the appropriate party to assist us."

// good luck with your computer

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:37 am

(Node Chamber)

He grinned, "There was a comic book in the mid-eighties, which wound up getting franchised in a big way, with movies and cartoons; I even think three was a movie reboot last year. The main characters were four anthropomorphic turtles, trained in ninjitsu by an anthropomorphic rat called Splinter. Even when it was serious, the whole thing was saturated with silliness."

"Well that sounds like a fun story to read when one have th time for fiction and it probably also sound like a rather uncomfortable Paradox effect."
Amadeus said and grinned.

"Yes when you duel her you will have to expect to get cut, but I will make sure you can pose some challange to her."
The old Verbena said in a serious tone of voice.

He nodded, "Of course, I'll not drop it the issue entirely, but I'll have to do some tangential research on my own. I might be able to figure out some alternative approaches with Lady Crexia, or some other lich I might get to interview."

"So what we need is a way to very precicely get this cure into someone's spine and not through medical means...I will talk with the woman I mentioned earlier, she have a rote that let one person take a medicine and it will affect another, developed when someone needed a concoction but their throat where to wounded to swallow pills...though I do not know if that will work with something like this."
The old Verbena said and frowned.

He frowned, "You would think an organization dedicated to medicine would have a few members who actually cared about the physical and mental well-being of others..."

"Oh many are, there are many wonderful Progenitor doctors, but generally the ones who are called in when someone in the Union start showing signs of practicing what the Traditions call Spirit and not what they call Dimensional science, generally are not the good ones."
Cita said and frowned at the memory.

"There is nothing to forgive."

Amadeus looked at you sadly.
"I know the pain of loosing an apprentice Mr Roth Hicks but in this life my magica sibings that I have lost have been old and have passed from Final Twilight."

(Colin's Apartment)

He grinned, "Tell you what, I'll send a photo of him after this phone call, alright?"

"Aww that would be great Mr Wainwright."
Alexandra agreed happily.

He chuckled, "Not yet; we've spoken come December. It gets a little complicated, time-wise."

"I understand I have not had a vision of that yet. I know we become friends, this old Tremere will be rude to you and call you a servant and a ghoul and my Sire will punch him in the face, and one day you and Anna when she is an adult will save me from the Society of Leopold, that will be scary but it is many years ahead."
The young vampiress said.

(Common Room)

"Hello. I do not wish to impose but given our circumstances, perhaps it would be prudent to have the meeting we discussed at your apartment. With your leave I would bring some of the appropriate party to assist us."

"Off course...just come on up I will put on more coffee."
Henrietta said.
"And tell Cecilia someone is coming to see her."
She added. At this point you sa Poodle tumble down the stairs and run towards the basement the little elemental looked just terrified and was crying little fire droplet tears as he ran. Something had spooked the little imp and he was running to find Jeffry at some speed.

'How will I know if you're being possessed, sir?' Nicole replied, following the Chief out of the office, still clutching her now rapidly cooling take-out.  'And how... aware would this Cryptid hijacker be of the situation? For example, if it happened to me, would it be able to note the pressure under my arm is a holstered pistol, access my memories to know how to use it and know that pretending to be me would be more effective if the Cryptid's goal was to kill everyone in this building?'

"It is hard to know. I am going to put a ward around the door which will indicate if a spirit pass it, but you have to rely on your gut feeling and look at my behavior also a posession would mean a struggle so you might see me covulse, this spirit do understand human speech but do not speak like we do, it will understand your gun though and killing with a projectile driven by air pressure would be a wonderful tool for an air elemental. Before you let me leave the ritual room ask me my name, most spirits can not directly lie so if I do not respond or try to dodge the question use the serum. You are not in allot of danger here though as you will be protected while I will be in direct contact with this spirit."
Jeffry said and frowned.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

Serge read for a little bit before giving up and snapping the book shut. "Looks like I can't just skim read this. I have to actually have to focus. Argh, who knew reading about ancient nordic rune systems and history would feel so much like studying?" he said in a joking voice.

Anna looked up and gave you a smile.
"There are simpler books on the subject Sir, but they are more, well fluffy, they will teach you the designs and the runes themselves and some ideas though. That book you are holding though are pubished by the Islandic Rune Company and they produce authentic works."
The young mage said.
"I have a more fluffy volune in my collection you can borrow that if you wish but it will not give you as detailed or acurate information."

"Speaking of studying, you have class tomorrow right?" he asked Rosa curiously.

"I do, university classes first, then I have a hour with my violin teacher and then studies with my Mentor, but it is not to bad as I have half day at the Uni tomorrow."
Rosa confirmed.
"So our appointment are still on Serge."

(OOC: It do seam that cooling the computer more makes the problem less, thank you both of you. It still have to go into service but at least it is usable now so there is less of a rush.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:47 am

[Tane] (Boston in the evening)

(OOC: We can do both scenes at once if you will, both Tane getting home and his meeting with the old werewolf.)

(Returning to Steelhaven in the evening.)

You arrive back to Steelhaven when darkness had fallen, some of the members of other Chantries who had been fighting with the mages of Steelhaven where still around but most had gone home. You arrived back just at Jon, one of the Virtual Adepts where on his way down the stairs, the skinny man nodded his head towards you.
"Mr Karyak you are back safe? Your shapechanger friends have been worried about you and you should probably tell Master Sharaya that you are back since he is waiting to see if you need help."
The Virtual Adept adviced.

(Meeting with an old shaman.)

Something tells me you'll like what i brought. It's wonderful to meet all of you. And o brought all this four them. Tane said smiling, as he entered and left the snacks on the table, and a large bag of incense for the spirits. I hope i didn't come late. It's been too many things to do.

"Ah you have brought gifts for my friends, how thoughtful."
The stern old womman said and she seamed to approve of that.
"If you would kindly light that, let us see if they like you, while I put the tea on the table, I prefer tea to meals over coffee, I assume this will be acceptable to you."
She said as she moved into her colorful but very tidy and clean kitchen, supporting herself on a cane as she walked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:29 am

Node Chamber]
"That's probably for the best, having one person that uses such magick is enough. Otherwise we might accidentally work cross purpose."
Colin grimaced, "Too many witches spoil the brew, yes..."

"Well that sounds like a fun story to read when one have th time for fiction and it probably also sound like a rather uncomfortable Paradox effect."
Amadeus said and grinned.
He shrugged, "More like a failed Technocracy experiment gone strangely right, but yes."

"Pardon?"
He shook his head, "Mrs. Knox and I will duel come the first snow. We agreed to set it to that time, so I could get some training and actually be able to offer her some resistance..."

"Yes when you duel her you will have to expect to get cut, but I will make sure you can pose some challange to her."
The old Verbena said in a serious tone of voice.
He nodded, "Thank you. I was going to ask Dr. Lee for some hand-to-hand training, as well. I'll have a busy few months ahead."

"So what we need is a way to very precicely get this cure into someone's spine and not through medical means...I will talk with the woman I mentioned earlier, she have a rote that let one person take a medicine and it will affect another, developed when someone needed a concoction but their throat where to wounded to swallow pills...though I do not know if that will work with something like this."
The old Verbena said and frowned.
He nodded, "Essentially that, yes... How to get something into the spinal fluid without, well... As an added complication, the process causes localized lichdom - only a little bit of the spinal cord - which makes the specific area immune to anesthetics. Oh, it still works as normal, and I surmise that bit of nerve tissue will be more resilient than ever, but... it's certainly an inconvenience."

"Oh many are, there are many wonderful Progenitor doctors, but generally the ones who are called in when someone in the Union start showing signs of practicing what the Traditions call Spirit and not what they call Dimensional science, generally are not the good ones."
Cita said and frowned at the memory.
He nodded thoughtfully, "And even the good ones are left using concoctions made from horrible ethical decisions and enslaved people..."

[Colin's Apartment]
"I understand I have not had a vision of that yet. I know we become friends, this old Tremere will be rude to you and call you a servant and a ghoul and my Sire will punch him in the face, and one day you and Anna when she is an adult will save me from the Society of Leopold, that will be scary but it is many years ahead."
The young vampiress said.
He grinned wryly, "This old Tremere will be an interesting acquaintance, then. I will most certainly do my best to avoid becoming a ghoul, even if my humour might qualify as ghoulish. Hum, we'll save you from the Society of Leopold... Interesting; best try to do some research on them in advance, then."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:47 am

Anja's Post:

'I... see, sir. Perhaps it's an idea to get someone who knows you better to come with us? They'll be better-placed to tell if something's not you.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:08 pm

(Node Chamber)

He shrugged, "More like a failed Technocracy experiment gone strangely right, but yes."

"There are stranger things grown in Progenitor labs, we have Sauroids, basically snake men who protect Constructs and their bigger cousins grown with dragon dna instead of snakes. The Reserch Direactor Shannon Reed once made a soul eating carpet and a giat squid who could walk on land."
Cita said and Amadeus raised an eyebrow.
"Fun and games in the Union eh."
He grumbeled.

He nodded, "Thank you. I was going to ask Dr. Lee for some hand-to-hand training, as well. I'll have a busy few months ahead."

"That is probably wise and Dr Lee is quite skilled with hand to hand combat, for Verbena knife fighting though I have to boast of being somewhat experienced."
Amadeus said and smiled.
"We train in one of the empty apartments every morning you are welcome to join us Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "Essentially that, yes... How to get something into the spinal fluid without, well... As an added complication, the process causes localized lichdom - only a little bit of the spinal cord - which makes the specific area immune to anesthetics. Oh, it still works as normal, and I surmise that bit of nerve tissue will be more resilient than ever, but... it's certainly an inconvenience."

"It means it will be quite painful, that is fine I am sure you can find someone willing to endure that if my young cousin's spell would work, however it will be far harder to get magickal substances transferred in such a way than mundane ones, but I will confer with her about it."
Amadeus said and nodded.
"It should be fine many doctors prefer to do the procedure without anestetics as it makes it easier to hit the mark the first time, it is painful but tolerable unless a nerve is hit."
Cita commented.

He nodded thoughtfully, "And even the good ones are left using concoctions made from horrible ethical decisions and enslaved people..."

"Yes...that is true, and those slaves are kept under horrible conditions."
Cita said her eyes darkening.
"Being rebellious is not the only reasons why the Aepts left the Technocrazy."

(Colin's Apartment.)

He grinned wryly, "This old Tremere will be an interesting acquaintance, then. I will most certainly do my best to avoid becoming a ghoul, even if my humour might qualify as ghoulish. Hum, we'll save you from the Society of Leopold... Interesting; best try to do some research on them in advance, then."

"You where not a ghoul Sir, but the old Tremere thought you where since you are human and where in the ompany of my kind, and yes he is interesting, he is a good man but a arrogant one, he turn into a big teddy bear around his childe though that he would spoil to no end if she would let him."
Alexandra said said then her voice turned softer and she sigh.
"Be careful Mr Wainwright the Society of Leopold are dangerous. But you and Anna save me, Anna is an adult then, with long blond hair and a tattoo on her arm and a scar from a burn on the palm of her right hand. It will be hard, she will go from being my playmate and friend of roughly the same age, to a big sister to an aunt...while I stay the same."
She said sadly.

"Asking my name should work and by strange behavior I mean it should be quite noticable, this spirit will not be able to minic human behavior flawlessly, and the reason I ask you is that those who know me better are either busy at the moment, or they are not someone I would put the burden of potentically hurting me on."
Jeffry said simply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:26 pm

[Node Chamber]
"There are stranger things grown in Progenitor labs, we have Sauroids, basically snake men who protect Constructs and their bigger cousins grown with dragon dna instead of snakes. The Reserch Direactor Shannon Reed once made a soul eating carpet and a giat squid who could walk on land."
Cita said and Amadeus raised an eyebrow.
"Fun and games in the Union eh."
He grumbeled.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "Soul eating carpet? And here I thought the Persian quickrug was bad enough..."

"That is probably wise and Dr Lee is quite skilled with hand to hand combat, for Verbena knife fighting though I have to boast of being somewhat experienced."
Amadeus said and smiled.
"We train in one of the empty apartments every morning you are welcome to join us Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "I'll see if I can make it after my morning runs. Might have to make some adjustments to my daily regimen."

"It means it will be quite painful, that is fine I am sure you can find someone willing to endure that if my young cousin's spell would work, however it will be far harder to get magickal substances transferred in such a way than mundane ones, but I will confer with her about it."
Amadeus said and nodded.
"It should be fine many doctors prefer to do the procedure without anestetics as it makes it easier to hit the mark the first time, it is painful but tolerable unless a nerve is hit."
Cita commented.
He nodded thoughtfully, "The thing is, I'm afraid it's going to have to be a repeat procedure, depending on the amount of Primium residue."

"Yes...that is true, and those slaves are kept under horrible conditions."
Cita said her eyes darkening.
"Being rebellious is not the only reasons why the Aepts left the Technocrazy."
He pondered, "I know that a lot of those slaves are... well, victims of the Computer's hunger. But is it plausible there might be a high enough share of the slave population possessed of enough motivation to instigate a slave uprising?"

[Colin's Apartment]
"You where not a ghoul Sir, but the old Tremere thought you where since you are human and where in the ompany of my kind, and yes he is interesting, he is a good man but a arrogant one, he turn into a big teddy bear around his childe though that he would spoil to no end if she would let him."
Alexandra said said then her voice turned softer and she sigh.
"Be careful Mr Wainwright the Society of Leopold are dangerous. But you and Anna save me, Anna is an adult then, with long blond hair and a tattoo on her arm and a scar from a burn on the palm of her right hand. It will be hard, she will go from being my playmate and friend of roughly the same age, to a big sister to an aunt...while I stay the same."
She said sadly.
He nodded, "Good thing Drake decides to run to my defense, then; it might make for a far more strained relationship if I were to respond personally."
He frowned, "I know the Inquisition is dangerous - I would not go interview the Society of Leopold about their activities. People who have encountered them, on the other hand - well, I'm sure I'll make the acquaintances soon enough."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25 ... 38  Next