Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downtime planning thread.

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next

Go down

Downtime planning thread. - Page 14 Empty Re: Downtime planning thread.

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:05 am

So... correct me if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick, but the 'baseline' [standard difficulty] is 'mage is performing known Rote, in an unhurried manner, without distractions and with adequate kit [if needed]', yes?

Yes.

Therefore... a mage's personal kit could come under 'personalised instruments'. After all, even if the tools Colin/Nicole needed to perform X were all available in the other's workshop [so 'standard diff'] they'd still get a better result in their own workshop because they know the tools in it [their quirks etc], where they are... even little things like the fact Nicole's workbench will be a bit higher [so she doesn't have to stoop over so much] and chair wider [to accommodate ass] could aid [as they'd feel more comfortable, and therefore would be able to let 'the magick flow' easier].

Very often this will be the case yes but not always some mystics can have anything be a wand but most prefer their own tools yes.

After all, 'personalised' merely means 'they mean something to the Mage'. This could merely be 'it's a damn good tool, I'm keeping it'. Plus, Mages, like normal people wouldn't keep poor tools around unless for a good reason...

Yes that could work, some tools are better than others, and feel just right and so. So yes that could be a good definition.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:08 am

Nicole wrote:So... correct me if I'm getting the wrong end of the stick, but the 'baseline' [standard difficulty] is 'mage is performing known Rote, in an unhurried manner, without distractions and with adequate kit [if needed]', yes?
Anja wrote:Yes.

I think the standard is that the mage is performing sometime on the fly, with enough time and tools. It doesn't have to be a known rote. They can just make it up using their knowledge of the spheres and they would follow the standard difficulty.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:22 am

Yes the standard is any working, with the needed tools and enough time to do it right.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:25 am

It's unlikely to come up, but I'll ask anyway; what's the IC explanation to why Tane isn't currently at the Chantry? I'm asking 'cos I hate the fact when players take a hiatus or vanish their characters effectively become 'unpersons', never spoken of again?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:09 pm

He is a ditz and is spending time with his shapeshifter friends and as he have done before he have forgotten to let anyone know where he is, probably at their house on the docks, or how long he will be.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:41 pm

That works, and also means he can 'suddenly remember he's meant to be elsewhere' too [aka come back 'to life']. Thanks.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:59 pm

This that is what I thought, I needed him busy with something which he can then be brought back from if the player returns.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:21 pm

Random Question: what happened to the fish Nick rescued from the Labyrinth? And now I think of it, has anything else happened [to their knowledge] for the people they rescued from it?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:02 pm

Of the people rescued one man wanted nothing to do with mages again and once he had recovered some he was sent home, the others was not able to go on with their lives knowing what was out there, two of them had Awakened from the trauma they where given to teachers as apprentices, the others where sent to a Hermetic collage Chantry there attempts will be made to Awaken them or at least teach them hedge magic, if this do not work they will be offered to join House Mercere. One of the rescuees bonded with the fish since he was used to having fish growing up, he took them with him so they are now in his room at the Collage Chantry being kept as treasured pets.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:05 pm

Wasn't one of the victims worried about their pet once they'd been abducted or something?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Yes one of them was worried about a pet...now it slips my mind what sort of animal it was but yes she was concerned. I do believe the mages of Steelhaven probably got her pet for her so she could take it with her before she was given to her new Mentor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:23 pm

Not really important. Simply mentioning the fish made me remember...

Didn't any of the rescuees send a note saying thanks for being saved? *sulks*
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:02 am

Well details are important that give a feeling of realness to the game. Well they did thank the one who was working on them in the infirmary and probably once they get over some of the trauma they might sent a thank you note to the Chantry in general.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:41 am

Colin's IC comment about Horizon has made me wonder; how solid a 'cash economy' operates there [aka can you barter?]. Are there things which are way cheaper Earth-side than Horizon? Is there some form of 'customs'? Oh, and lastly what do they have planned in their visit and how long for?

I'm assuming all these would have been discussed during the downtime...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:08 am

I figure most simple, practical goods are generally cheaper (though likely haggling is as much of a sport there as you'd find anywhere on Earth, I would guess), but handcrafted artisan goods are perhaps priced a little higher. A car that Nicole built herself, for example, would probably fetch a quite higher price than a fresh-off-the-assembly-line mass-produced sports car.

Let's keep in mind that matter creation is easy and reasonably plentiful on Horizon, whether basic foodstuffs or raw materials to make stuff from, but anything requiring practical skills to create, that's fairly rare, perhaps rarer than on Earth...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:12 am

Yes you can barter on Horizon. Each merchant decide what currency they accept, most take local coins but some take earth currencies as well and almost all take Tass or favors.

I do not remember the book mentioning anything that are way cheaper earthside but as there is not a huge amount of factories and such I would think anything mass produced are cheaper on Earth. There might be smaller factories and workshops there but most goods sold are hand or magick made or imported from earth. As Warp says anything which have been hand crafted is high status as magick is so common, it is like on Star Trek where having good not replicated is a status symbol.

There are customs on the Umbral docks.

Currently what are planned are Kyle's trial. Beatrice's re sentencing. Nicole have an appointment to see a collage of Baynes and Dr Hadermann as well as she have been asked to be added security for the group, and Serge have been invited to go see Lady Marianna of Balador. They do not now exactly how long this will take.

They where discussed yes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Has anyone in the cabal been there? Nicole will ask whether they get frequent deliveries of made goods from Earth - Nicole might wonder whether it's worthwhile loading up a suitcase filled with recent release DVDs for example.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:49 pm

Colin's been there a few times, at least - mostly for prison visits and training flights, granted, but he might have a few ideas. I'd guess the Etherites and Virtual Adepts might at least consistently have the necessary gear to watch DVDs and such properly, rather than just magically reading the discs in an unscientific manner by looking at the tracks. Wink
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:32 pm

Beatrice have been there but she was sick when she arrived and then on trial so she do not know to much. Colin have been to Horizon several times, Bruce once and Adley once. Nicole could ask Narim if Horizon folks would like DVDs though.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:27 pm

OOC for IC thread:

We've hit a serious time-space-snarl here. Both Nicole and Colin are seemingly doing two different things in two locations at the same time. However, I have an idea, Great One; that 'search prisoner' is first time-wise, then 'Colin-Nicole in the hall' is second, and then 'Colin interrogates prisoner' is third. If anything else, it makes no sense that Colin would start interrogating the prisoner even before he learned any of the background from Nicole.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:41 pm

Yeah, I thought Colin arrived well after Nicole got the prisoner under wraps; it takes a while to get to the car and drive to Westchapel, after all.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:41 am

I was thinking Colin would arrive about when Nicole and Ty and the rest had gotten the prisoner secured to the chair.

But yes we can have them search the prisoner first and then have Nicole and Colin talk and then have the interrogation, let us call it pace 1 2 and 3 of the scene, we can just mark it as such. Sorry about the confusion.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:12 pm

No need to apologise. If I've been reminded of one lesson via pbp games it's 'other people do not have access to your brain, and just because 'it's obvious' to you does not mean it is for other people'.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:06 pm

Yeah that happens, especially when two scenes are merging or another character arrive on the scene and there are some confusion as to exactly when they are arriving.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:47 am

re: Colin's client's wedding - well, after he figured out that it wasn't random, he'd be confused but probably go, thinking that Colin must have some plan or other. Wear his suit, bring a decent card/gift. Not realizing it's just going out, having cake and being able to dance somewhere and being out in public as a couple. Being an introvert and somewhat paranoid anyway, this might be hell, since he will only know one other person lol

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 28 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 28  Next